IRC log for #koha, 2020-06-04

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 tuxayo > CPAN is a bit of the wild west
00:01 tuxayo > There's no QA
00:01 tuxayo That might not be a problem if we follow the cpanfile right?
00:02 tuxayo > I figure inertia will carry us forward on the same path that we've been on for a long time
00:02 tuxayo If it's reachable to maintain a support with Carton rather than packages, could it become a second major way to installing Koha? In parallel with package install on Debian based systems.
00:03 dcook Well, we're still banking on the CPAN versions being good. The Koha community isn't going to audit each CPAN module I reckon.
00:03 dcook Mmm maybe but there's limited community resources. If someone wanted to support a Carton method, there would be no stopping them though. And if it did become useful, then I'm sure it would evolve.
00:04 dcook At the moment, I think there are still some obstacles, as even in Plack some scripts have to go via CGI
00:04 dcook Until Bug 22417 is finished
00:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22417 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Delegate background jobs execution
00:04 dcook Which I'm commenting on as I'm doing some work related to it heh
00:06 tuxayo > At the moment, I think there are still some obstacles, as even in Plack some scripts have to go via CGI
00:06 tuxayo Thanks, that's help setting directions on what to work on this topic ^^
00:07 dcook Oh that reminds me...
00:07 dcook tuxayo: You used to be at BibLibre but now are independent? Can you speak more to that? Happy to do private message if you don't want to talk about it on the public channel
00:08 tuxayo I will do with pleasure, after a call.
00:09 dcook Great :)
00:11 tosca_ joined #koha
00:14 lukeG joined #koha
00:25 inlibro joined #koha
00:48 kathryn joined #koha
01:11 tuxayo dcook: still around? I think have some time before random IRL requires me to disconnect again.
01:11 dcook Sure. It's only 11:11am here heh
01:11 dcook tuxayo: ^
01:12 tuxayo $ zdump NZ
01:12 tuxayo NZ  Thu Jun  4 13:12:04 2020 NZST
01:12 tuxayo am i getting the time for NZ?
01:12 tuxayo Oh wait
01:12 tuxayo Australia
01:13 dcook :D
01:14 dcook So yeah just curious how being independent works
01:14 dcook I recall Jonathan getting funding from BibLibre and ByWater? Is it like that?
01:14 tuxayo > You used to be at BibLibre but now are independent? Can you speak more to that? Happy to do private message if you don't want to talk about it on the public channel
01:15 tuxayo By default I'm talking about that here if case someone else has feedback.
01:16 tuxayo > So yeah just curious how being independent works
01:16 tuxayo For now for me it's the french public unemployment insurance that makes it work ^^
01:16 tuxayo I will hopefully be able to change that.
01:16 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]nity_work/Funding
01:17 tuxayo > I recall Jonathan getting funding from BibLibre and ByWater? Is it like that?
01:17 tuxayo 1/3 BibLibre, ByWater, PTFS-E
01:20 tuxayo The idea is to work on community stuff were I can be effective. I brainstormed in a "guidelines" page.
01:20 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]yo/Community_work
01:20 tuxayo I should rework it to make it more clear as things are becoming concrete.
01:21 tuxayo And speaking of concrete I'm trying to make reports of community work.
01:21 dcook Ahhh ok. Good to know!
01:22 dcook It's been good seeing how active you are
01:23 BobB joined #koha
01:23 dj joined #koha
01:23 tuxayo The idea is that a support company, library committed to the project or a user group could assess the value of the work done.
01:23 tuxayo Enough to them fund it.
01:24 irma joined #koha
01:24 dcook Sounds interesting!
01:26 inlibro joined #koha
01:26 tuxayo > It's been good seeing how active you are
01:26 tuxayo The last month with the release caused a focus on signing off which was very visible.
01:26 tuxayo I hope that the value of RMaint and UI tests writing can similarly "felt"
01:26 tuxayo *similarly be "felt"
01:26 dcook It's a good question
01:27 tuxayo Because I think that's has more value and I hope to mostly do that.
01:28 tuxayo And of course with tasks picked randomly from the needs.
01:28 tuxayo But these will be concrete enough, I'm not worried about that.
01:30 tuxayo In the long run I see the following: one chunk of RMaint, one chunk of UI tests (new or maintenance), one chunk of signoffs and one of diverse stuff.
01:31 tuxayo > one chunk of signoffs
01:31 tuxayo On tricky stuff like with painful setup. (LDAP, shiboleth, CAS, and other technical patches)
01:34 tuxayo And maybe also librarian stuff that is though/long to test. I might need to find a volunteer for the library stuff and show stuff with screensharing. Pairing signoffs could be fun ^^
01:35 tuxayo I'm thinking for example about the revamped circulation rules UI. That kind of patch that might struggle to get tested.
01:39 dcook Yeah that's true
01:40 dcook It's a tough one. I think client hosting, support, and training is where vendors get their income.
01:40 dcook Development, testing, and management is tougher to monetize I think
01:40 dcook Less so development I suppose, but it can still be risky
01:41 dcook Like right now I'm doing some RabbitMQ work but I'm not generating income for it directly. It's mostly to improve some local customizations that we've created over time for support purposes...
01:42 khall joined #koha
01:48 tuxayo > tougher to monetize I think
01:48 tuxayo Indeed, do you know any other source than vendors, user groups and libraries active in the community to fund community work?
01:50 tuxayo I hope that this pattern of funded community work could be applied to any software project that and a large enough quantities of full time workers on it.
01:50 tuxayo Like enough support companies with enough people.
01:51 tuxayo And I hope that Koha is large enough for at least Jonathan full time and me part time ^^
01:53 tuxayo When we try to think about the number of full time librarian whole main digital tool is Koha it should be obviously doable. But things aren't that simple.
01:56 tuxayo In between, there is a saturated marked for software, so not a lot of margin to fund maintenance and indirect tasks like signoffs and RMaint and RM and QA.
01:57 tuxayo > a saturated marked for software
01:57 tuxayo And other things I don't know
01:59 dcook Yeah I think that's the thing
01:59 dcook I'm actually often curious about other vendors and their product sets...
01:59 dcook Like I support Koha, DSpace, and a tonne of other apps for other clients
01:59 dcook I'm not 100% on Koha (although years ago I used to just do Koha and a it of Dspace)
02:00 dcook Part of the cost of having lots of skills heh
02:03 * tuxayo is AFK again
02:26 inlibro joined #koha
02:32 AndrewFH joined #koha
03:05 tuxayo Thanks for insight dcook , have a nice day :)
03:05 dcook No worries
03:06 dcook Btw what's your new email address?
03:06 dcook Tried CCing you into an email about changing koha-* scripts into systemd unit files
03:06 dcook But I only had your Biblibre email
03:06 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Contact#Via_email
03:07 tuxayo Indeed I'm not reachable by that email anymore ^^
03:07 tuxayo I should ask if I got some interesting emails. Like the one you mentioned!
03:08 dcook Well this one bounced
03:09 tuxayo I was only meant to be remain active for sometime, I guess that time passed.
03:09 tuxayo Actually it's good that it bounces!
03:10 tuxayo *It was
03:26 inlibro joined #koha
03:33 khall joined #koha
03:42 khall_ joined #koha
04:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #231: STILL FAILING in 1 min 5 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D8/231/
04:26 inlibro joined #koha
04:58 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
04:58 wahanui Congratulations!
04:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #225: FIXED in 52 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/225/
05:07 chris joined #koha
05:26 inlibro joined #koha
06:02 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:03 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:10 enkidu joined #koha
06:25 cait joined #koha
06:27 inlibro joined #koha
06:31 did joined #koha
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:41 reiveune hello
06:53 alex_a joined #koha
06:53 alex_a Bonjour
06:58 cait joined #koha
07:00 cait1 joined #koha
07:10 andreashm joined #koha
07:11 andreashm joined #koha
07:12 kohaputti joined #koha
07:22 magnuse joined #koha
07:27 inlibro joined #koha
07:29 andreashm joined #koha
07:38 Null404 joined #koha
07:38 Null404 hi all
07:39 cait1 good morning #koha
07:41 Null404 cait1: I think I found a problem with translation: every time when I get: sudo koha-translate pl-PL -u I got .po files for Koha 18.05, but on main system I got 18.11 on test one 19.11 and these two have .po for 18.05
07:42 Null404 and on 18.05 this one https://translate.koha-communi[…]ld&sfields=source,target&unit=12516646&offset=0 was fuzzy and untraslated
07:43 Null404 and to fix it I need to download new .po to /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/po catalog
07:51 Joubu tcohen: you should have added that we don't really support newer version of DBMS because of strict mode. Focus should be on that if we start to deprecate things.
07:51 Joubu I mean, we support it, not "out of the box". We trick to make it work
07:51 Joubu and hi #koha
07:52 cait1 Null404: I am not sure I am following
07:52 cait1 the po files will update using the templates in your sysem
07:52 cait1 they don't know about versions really
07:52 cait1 the -u doesn't download anything, it just uses what is in oyur system and compares to the templates there
07:52 cait1 if your versions don't match between test/production etc that will lead to inconsistencies
07:54 ashimema @later tell dcook I'm also keen to move us slowly towards cpan and carton.. but haven't worked out how to do it in a community friendly fashion yet.. packages do win us lots of convenience for end users.
07:54 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
07:55 ashimema @later tell dcook.. ptfs-e, bywater and biblibre all support Joubu equally I believe.. the hope was that others would come on board but that's never happened :(.. we don't pay enough between us to match 5 days full time pay.. I think.
07:55 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
07:56 ashimema @later tell tcohen.. did the cpan deps build get the chop on Jenkins.. I thought it was a helpful one to run monthly to see if recent cpan module versions would break Koha and give us a heads up on what we may need to fix around the corner.
07:56 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
07:57 ashimema @later tell tuxayo.. I'd be interested to know if you've thought about going after grants as apposed to trying to get funded by vendors and libraries themselves.. I've often thought we should do more of that as a community.
07:57 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
07:58 ashimema @later tell dcook.. systemd unit files for koha scripts sound great and have been on my list of interest but no time for a while now... also interested in looking at using systemd units as an alternative to at least some of our cron jobs
07:58 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
07:58 ashimema lots of catching up this morning.. lol
07:58 ashimema poor huginn
08:00 ashimema `Optionally you can add CPAN=1 to pull the latest versions of perl dependancies directly from cpan`
08:00 ashimema koha-testing-docker is already set up to allow a full cpan deployment
08:02 * cait1 lost track and hopes for the weekend and some quiet :)
08:02 ashimema lol
08:03 * ashimema grabs some breakfast
08:06 Null404 hm..
08:07 Joubu joined #koha
08:26 alexbuckley joined #koha
08:27 inlibro joined #koha
08:43 kohaputti I created bug 25673 for the borrower detail viewing log thingie
08:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25673 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Access logging of borrower's personal information
09:04 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
09:16 TimothyAlexis Hello, I'm looking at adding New Patron ( When saving the record while there are missing, required details, the page will automatically scroll down.
09:17 TimothyAlexis Here is an example:[…]dd&categorycode=K
09:17 TimothyAlexis login/password = demo/demo
09:18 Joubu yes, what's the question? :)
09:18 TimothyAlexis Fill in Surname and click Save to see that it scrolls down for "Card Number" to be just outside of view.
09:20 Joubu does it happen even when the warning on cardnumber is not there?
09:20 TimothyAlexis What do you mean?
09:20 Joubu "AutoMemberNum is set to enabled, but cardnumber is marked as mandatory in BorrowerMandatoryField: auto calc has been disabled. "
09:21 Joubu this warning does not appear usually, unless you have a config issue
09:22 TimothyAlexis Where are you seeing htat? :D
09:22 TimothyAlexis that*
09:22 TimothyAlexis Oh I see
09:22 Joubu under the cardnumber input
09:22 Joubu TimothyAlexis: the problem is that language bar
09:23 Joubu locally I don't get the warning, and no language selection bar
09:23 Joubu and so I see it
09:23 Joubu well, it is at the very bottom, not super convenient, but at least it is visible
09:24 TimothyAlexis Yeah I think it should scroll down so that the error is clearly in view.
09:25 TimothyAlexis When I'm looking at the code this seems to be the standard in jQuery though.
09:25 Joubu
09:25 Joubu search for focusInvalid
09:25 wahanui joined #koha
09:25 Joubu I don't see it in our code
09:26 Joubu koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/js/members.js
09:26 Joubu 328     $("#entryform").validate({
09:26 Joubu but maybe there is another parameter in the doc
09:26 Joubu or I am sure you will find something on stackoverflow :)
09:26 Joubu hope that give you some tracks to investigate
09:27 TimothyAlexis Well
09:27 TimothyAlexis Hmm
09:27 inlibro joined #koha
09:27 TimothyAlexis am I correct in the conclusion that this behavior is part of jQuery?
09:28 Joubu it's the jQuery "validate" plugin, yes
09:28 TimothyAlexis So if I want to change this, it needs to be modified in there...
09:29 Joubu I see 2 possible solutions: 1. teach it that there is a bar at the bottom, or 2. focus on the mandatory fields but position it at the top of the screen
09:31 Joubu maybe[…]e/#errorplacement
09:32 TimothyAlexis Could I add this customization to the .pl file to override the default valdation?
09:33 TimothyAlexis to the .tt file, sorry...
09:34 TimothyAlexis I'll try it ;) Thank you Joubu
09:44 Joubu TimothyAlexis: in the .js file
09:44 Joubu members.js
10:04 khall joined #koha
10:24 khall joined #koha
10:27 inlibro joined #koha
10:44 oleonard Hi #koha
10:47 khall_ joined #koha
11:13 khall joined #koha
11:23 TimothyAlexis What I've come to is that there is an invalidHandler
11:23 TimothyAlexis Thank you Joubo for showing it happens in members.js
11:23 TimothyAlexis I found the $("#entryform").validate({ there
11:27 TimothyAlexis I got it working in JSFiddle:
11:27 TimothyAlexis But it won't happen in Koha :/
11:27 inlibro joined #koha
11:33 khall_ joined #koha
11:35 oleonard TimothyAlexis: Your goal is to ensure that the focused invalid field isn't hidden by the floating toolbar?
11:36 TimothyAlexis oleonard: Well I want it to scroll more too.
11:36 oleonard More?
11:36 TimothyAlexis Currently it scrolls so that the field is just visible at the bottom.
11:36 TimothyAlexis Which is why it's hidden by the floating toolbar.
11:38 TimothyAlexis With scrollTop: $(validator.errorList[0].element).offset().top + 50 the view can scroll another 50 pixels
11:39 oleonard Your JSFiddle code works well for me in members.js if I change "top - 20" to "top - 60"
11:42 TimothyAlexis hmm
11:42 TimothyAlexis Can you paste it? Maybe I have done some minor thing which I will be able to see.
11:43 oleonard Sure
11:44 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "modified members.js" (394 lines) at
11:47 TimothyAlexis hmm this is very strange
11:49 AndrewFH joined #koha
11:51 TimothyAlexis *scratches head*
11:51 TimothyAlexis I'm gonna go for a walk.
11:52 TimothyAlexis For me it simply does the same thing as before :/
11:53 oleonard TimothyAlexis are you sure it's not a browser cacheing issue?
11:54 TimothyAlexis I thought about it...
11:57 TimothyAlexis I tried clearing the cache and website data and it's the same.
11:58 TimothyAlexis Even when I only add the focusInvalid: false,
11:58 oleonard What exactly are you seeing. What's going wrong?
12:00 TimothyAlexis This is what my first 3 lines are for that function
12:00 TimothyAlexis $("#entryform").validate({
12:00 TimothyAlexis focusInvalid: false,
12:00 TimothyAlexis rules: {
12:00 TimothyAlexis I have removed the invalidHandler function
12:01 TimothyAlexis So I'm expecting it to not focus
12:01 TimothyAlexis When I fill out the form and leave a Required field which is outside of view empty, it scrolls to that one.
12:01 TimothyAlexis Which is very surprising to me.
12:02 oleonard You're expecting it not to scroll?
12:03 TimothyAlexis Exactly
12:03 TimothyAlexis Like here:
12:05 oleonard I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish.
12:11 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
12:11 TimothyAlexis The goal I'm trying to reach in this instance is to scroll so that the field which has an error is clearly shown on screen. Preferrably at the Golden Section which is about 40% from the top.
12:12 TimothyAlexis The problem is more evident in the actual page we have, because we have multiple required fields.
12:13 TimothyAlexis When the e-mail is not filled out for example, it scrolls so that it looks like the borrowernumber is what needs to be corrected, which becomes very puzzling.
12:14 oleonard When you tested the members.js file I pasted what aspect of the process didn't work?
12:15 TimothyAlexis The exact same behavior as before happens.
12:16 TimothyAlexis I'm sorry, it would be easier if I could show you the actual page but it is prevented by a firewall which I am unable to access.
12:17 TimothyAlexis It seems like changes I make in members.js don't follow through.
12:19 Joubu TimothyAlexis: open a bug report and attach the patch you are testing
12:19 Joubu we will try it and see if it works as it should or not
12:22 TimothyAlexis I'm gonna go for a walk, I need a pause from this. There are very few things that get to me like when I'm doing something ridiculously simple and it doesn't work. Whenever that happens there's usually something I'm missing.
12:22 TimothyAlexis I'm sorry for having taken up your time with this.
12:23 Joubu it happens to all of us, daily :)
12:24 TimothyAlexis Thank you Joubu.
12:28 inlibro joined #koha
12:32 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:56 Marie-Luce joined #koha
13:03 tuxayo hi o/
13:10 tuxayo > I'd be interested to know if you've thought about going after grants
13:10 tuxayo ashimema  External grants? That's a nice way to explore, thanks for the idea.
13:14 Joubu tuxayo: any news on bug 18974?
13:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18974 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, victor, ASSIGNED , Cataloging MARC21 record and adding item selenium test
13:15 TimothyAlexis Aha!
13:16 TimothyAlexis Someone had disabled the validation on our system.
13:17 Joubu oleonard: bug 25658 - this icon is in our repo?
13:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25658 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Print icon sometimes obscures patron barcode
13:17 TimothyAlexis <form name="form" id="entryform" action="/cgi-bin/koha/members/" method="post" autocomplete="off" class="toggler" novalidate="novalidate">
13:22 TimothyAlexis Ok no that's standard... so where is this validated then? :/
13:23 TimothyAlexis I'm done for today. Perhaps I will solve this tomorrow. Thank you guys for taking your time to try and help get this sorted.
13:23 tuxayo Joubu: Now that the release has passed I should work on the tests.
13:23 tuxayo Thanks for reminder, I was focusing on addressing only notifications from other bugs but I should not only do that.
13:23 tuxayo That might delay too much going back to tests.
13:28 inlibro joined #koha
13:32 alex_a_ joined #koha
13:35 oleonard Joubu: It's a Font Awesome icon
13:38 Joubu is there a setting to display it?
13:39 oleonard DisplayClearScreenButton preference
13:41 Joubu coming from, whaou it's a dinosaur!
13:42 oleonard Yeah I tend to forget about it too because I always have it turned off
13:44 cait1 i believe the print icon is a more recent addition von cbrannon
13:46 Joubu I am really sad to learn we have sysprefs to display icons
13:50 cait1 it's about the functionality too
13:51 wizzyrea ^ what she said
13:51 wizzyrea it turns off the functionality
13:51 Joubu I should have added a smiley ;)
13:52 wizzyrea haha
13:52 Joubu I am not literally crying
13:53 cait1 good to know :)
13:54 Joubu should not we remove the pref and have the icon displayed by default?
13:55 lukeG joined #koha
13:59 oleonard Some libraries want it, some don't... thus a pref
14:02 Joubu yes maybe it's too much in the center of the screen to enable by default.
14:02 wizzyrea are you going on a holy quest to eliminate sysprefs?
14:04 Joubu nope, but I either completely forgot the existence of this pref, or never heard about it. I am destabilise to know I have spent so many time without being aware of its existence.
14:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_Deps build #1: UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D10_Deps/1/
14:18 kohaputti joined #koha
14:28 inlibro joined #koha
14:29 lavamind joined #koha
14:47 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:52 Michael_A joined #koha
14:54 Michael_A Hi everyone, quick question: I'm a new administrator and I'm trying to figure out where secondary and tertiary ("emailpro" and "B_email") are configured in Koha.
14:54 Michael_A We have several accounts that have these fields, but they are no longer accessible through the "Edit" function on a patron's account
14:57 tuxayo Michael_A: hi, maybe the  BorrowerUnwantedField system preference contains them?
14:57 cait1 Michael_A: check your system preference borrowersunwanted
14:57 cait1 yes that
14:57 cait1 they are probably hidden from display
15:00 Michael_A Bingo, thanks!
15:00 Michael_A Is there a way to clear these out in a batch, or would they need to be displayed, cleared out individually, and then hidden again?
15:01 cait1 these fields are not available in the batch patron edit i think, so sql would be easiest
15:01 cait1 or display... clean and hide
15:06 Michael_A Got it. Thanks!
15:16 reiveune bye
15:16 reiveune left #koha
15:27 davidnind joined #koha
15:28 * ashimema yawns
15:28 inlibro joined #koha
15:29 ashimema think I'll skip the docs meeting tonight.. as much as I'd like to attend.. too many clashes
15:44 caroline no problem ashimema, anything particular you wanted to say?
15:44 caroline I saw you created the 20.05 branch
15:48 ashimema chris added it for us :)
15:48 wizzyrea joubu the current git server is nothing at all fancy - let me dig out the spec for you
15:48 ashimema nothing to say really.. docs is on my list to get back to and I wanted to spend some time working through the developer pages on the wiki as my first step
15:48 ashimema make sure our onboarding and things it up to date and fill in any gaps
15:49 caroline good!
15:50 oleonard-away joined #koha
15:57 cait1 left #koha
15:59 cait joined #koha
16:00 magnuse ashimema++
16:02 margaret joined #koha
16:05 did joined #koha
16:24 khall joined #koha
16:28 inlibro joined #koha
16:41 khall_ joined #koha
16:57 oleonard Can someone please remind me what the recommended method is for having a custom gitignore?
16:58 khall joined #koha
17:04 khall_ joined #koha
17:07 Scott_W joined #koha
17:11 davidnind For a project or system wide? For system wide I have a .gitignore in my home folder (there are other ways I think like a custom one for a specific repository but not actually in the project, but I stick with simple)
17:24 tcohen oleonard slip the change in a big Bootstrap 4 migrating patchset
17:25 tcohen my 2 cents
17:25 caroline joined #koha
17:28 inlibro joined #koha
17:32 tuxayo > slip the change in a big Bootstrap 4 migrating patchset
17:32 tuxayo What are you plotting? :P
17:36 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:46 oleonard tuxayo I'm not plotting anything, I just want to be able to ignore translated template directories in my dev environment
17:48 khall joined #koha
17:51 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
17:54 tuxayo Good idea
18:09 khall joined #koha
18:15 oleonard cait around?
18:17 Marie-Luce joined #koha
18:19 * oleonard posted his question to Bug 25469
18:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25469 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Typo: Item does not belongs to your library
18:29 inlibro joined #koha
18:35 DonnaB joined #koha
18:45 wizzycray joined #koha
18:56 jzairo joined #koha
19:00 davidnind Hello documentation people!
19:00 Marie-Luce Hi
19:00 wahanui kia ora, Marie-Luce
19:00 Marie-Luce Kia ora
19:01 davidnind Hi Marie-Luce!
19:01 jzairo hi!
19:01 davidnind hi jzairo!
19:01 kellym joined #koha
19:01 jzairo hi davidnind!
19:02 Marie-Luce Hello everyone
19:02 kellym hello !
19:02 jzairo hello!
19:02 davidnind hi kellym!
19:03 kellym hello @davidnind
19:03 kellym gosh IRC commands are easily forgotten
19:03 donnab joined #koha
19:03 davidnind are you used to using slack?
19:03 kellym yes!
19:04 DonnaB_ joined #koha
19:04 davidnind we should probably start the meeting...
19:04 caroline hi sorry I'm late!
19:04 jzairo hi!
19:04 caroline david you want to chair?
19:05 davidnind Happy to, with your assistance of course!
19:05 caroline yup!
19:05 davidnind #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 4 June 2020
19:05 huginn Meeting started Thu Jun  4 19:05:35 2020 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at
19:05 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:05 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 June 2020)
19:05 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_4_june_2020'
19:05 davidnind #chair caroline
19:05 huginn Current chairs: caroline davidnind
19:06 davidnind #info Agenda https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_4_June_2020
19:06 davidnind #topic Introductions
19:06 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 June 2020)
19:06 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
19:06 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
19:06 jzairo #info Jessica Zairo, ByWater Solutions
19:06 Marie-Luce #info Marie-Luce Laflamme, inLibro Montreal
19:06 DonnaB #info Donna Bachowski, ByWater Solutions
19:06 kellym #info Kelly McElligott ByWaters Solutions
19:07 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
19:07 davidnind It's nice to have so many attendees!
19:08 davidnind I think that is everyone...
19:08 davidnind #topic Review of action points
19:08 Topic for #koha is now Review of action points (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 June 2020)
19:09 davidnind From what I can see (only looked briefly)...
19:09 davidnind caroline has been busy adding tasks to
19:09 davidnind caroline++
19:09 caroline yes I went through the last version of the release notes and added enhancements and new features to taiga
19:10 caroline it's a bit overwhelming tbh
19:10 caroline the devs are doing so much! (which is good!)
19:10 davidnind yeah, it's always where do we start!
19:11 khall_ joined #koha
19:11 caroline Anyway, now that we're a whole bunch, feel free to go and pick something to do in[…]hadocs-1805/epics
19:11 caroline #link[…]hadocs-1805/epics
19:11 davidnind the manual has been updated for 20.11 (thanks Chris!) - so master is now 20.11
19:11 caroline #info check taiga for things to add to the manual
19:12 davidnind Does everyone have an account on If not we should add you.
19:12 kellym I was unable to assign myself something in taiga
19:13 kellym I have a login and can see tasks, but can’t assign myself.
19:13 caroline I don't see you in the "Team" section, maybe that's why
19:13 wizzycray joined #koha
19:14 kellym My assumption is that either I don’t have the correct permissions?  or I am doing it wrong, but if I choose a module and click on a subtask where it says unassigned, it does nothing.
19:14 DonnaB I don't think I have an account
19:14 magnuse joined #koha
19:15 davidnind #action add kellym and DonnaB to
19:15 caroline I can't remember how to add someone to the team -_-;;
19:15 kellym Also, is there someway that I can find out what I did wrong in my last submission? Who do I go to for this?  I was adding something, got a denied alert and then I am not sure my next steps
19:16 caroline Can you send me or davidnind a screenshot?
19:16 davidnind was that for a merge request?
19:17 kellym I emailed you caroline a few weeks ago, but hadn’t heard back. But I can definitely do that again!
19:18 caroline I'm so sorry! Sometimes I read emails and then forget about responding... Definitely email back if I don't respond
19:18 davidnind I can have a look after the meeting and try and sort things out, if that would suit?
19:18 kellym Cool - and no worries, I know things are busy!
19:19 davidnind I think I jumped ahead in the agenda to what's been done so far...
19:19 davidnind so we may as well do that now and then go back..
19:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #318: NOW UNSTABLE in 5 hr 19 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/318/
19:20 davidnind actually (sorry my chairing isn't that great today!), will stay with action points
19:21 caroline davidnind want to talk about themes?
19:21 caroline #link[…]14#note_355587232
19:21 caroline #link
19:22 davidnind under project updates
19:22 caroline right sorry, I thought we were in projects...
19:22 davidnind #topic Project updates
19:22 Topic for #koha is now Project updates (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 June 2020)
19:22 davidnind I have been experimenting with themes - see issue and link above
19:23 davidnind If anyone has nay comments, that would be great
19:23 jzairo I like this theme
19:23 jzairo I like how the headings stand out
19:23 jzairo screenshots look clear
19:23 davidnind I was trying to aim for keeping it simple and clean, with a bit of enhancement
19:24 jzairo I really like it, simple and clean
19:24 davidnind thanks jzairo!
19:24 jzairo davidnind++
19:24 ashimema davidnind++
19:24 ashimema Looks nice.
19:24 Marie-Luce davidnind++
19:24 kellym I like that the page of contents  stays!
19:25 kellym davidnind++
19:25 davidnind I would like to change the landing page so that is something like - provides for links to tutorials and specific guides
19:25 caroline davidnind++
19:25 DonnaB I like that one too, my only concern is the color -
19:26 caroline DonnaB how do you mean?
19:26 DonnaB can the color be something other than green? for accessbility purposes
19:26 DonnaB I've been told that green is bad for folks with color blindness
19:27 davidnind the colours can be changed
19:27 caroline I liked the green b/c Koha is green, but if it's not accessible, then it's not great
19:27 DonnaB we just need to have brendan take a look and let us know if it works for him :-)
19:28 davidnind originally I think the idea was to match the Koha theme as much as possible
19:29 davidnind how do we decide on what theme to use? I quite like the RTD theme as well...
19:29 caroline bag around?
19:29 kellym maybe the green could be more of an accent color than a main color, so if someone can’t see it well, they are not missing the content of what the green is on.
19:29 inlibro joined #koha
19:29 caroline I would veto this one[…]xbootstrap4theme/
19:29 caroline just because the sidebar is behaving weird
19:30 davidnind me too - I was quite keen initially to have a bootstrap theme, but I think the one there would need a bot of work
19:30 kellym I like the side bar of that one!
19:30 caroline My faverite is this onw[…]sphinx-rtd-theme/
19:30 davidnind then there were three!
19:31 Marie-Luce me too, I like the highlight in the content sidebar of the sphinx-rtd-theme
19:32 caroline are we enough to vote, do you think?
19:32 davidnind So down to the RTD and PShinxTheme (with colour changes and customisations) (I didn't do any tweaking of the theme settings)
19:32 DonnaB I say yes!
19:32 kellym I like that one too, we had something like that before I believe
19:33 caroline the translated manuals have this theme https://translate.koha-communi[…]A/html/index.html
19:33 davidnind The RTD theme is used on th etranslation site
19:33 DonnaB just noticed the green one doesn't have the side bar, so I would switch my vote to RTD
19:34 davidnind trying to find how to vote commands.. I don't think we've ever voted on anything before!
19:34 kellym yes I like the translation one best
19:34 davidnind all the themes can be customised to some extent..
19:35 tuxayo davidnind: example:[…]0-06-03#i_2254844
19:36 davidnind #startvote Which theme should be change to? rtd,phtyon,pshinx
19:36 huginn Begin voting on: Which theme should be change to? Valid vote options are rtd, phtyon, pshinx.
19:36 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
19:36 DonnaB #vote rtd
19:37 caroline #vote rtd
19:37 davidnind #vote rtd
19:37 jzairo #vote rtd
19:37 Marie-Luce #vote rtd
19:37 davidnind (although I like the phython one as well)
19:38 jzairo rtd has the best features
19:38 davidnind #endvote
19:38 huginn Voted on "Which theme should be change to?" Results are
19:38 huginn rtd (5): jzairo, davidnind, caroline, DonnaB, Marie-Luce
19:39 davidnind I'll work on this further and make the change for master (which is now 20.11)
19:39 tuxayo davidnind++
19:39 DonnaB excellent! thanks david!
19:39 kellym #vote rtd
19:39 caroline davidnind++
19:39 Marie-Luce nice work!
19:39 kellym sorry got distracted!
19:39 kellym davidnind++
19:40 kellym will this change how documentation is done/process?
19:40 Marie-Luce davidind++
19:40 davidnind # davidnind to update the theme for master to sphinx-rtd-theme
19:40 caroline you forgot action
19:40 davidnind no change to how the documentation is done at this stage
19:40 davidnind #action davidnind to update the theme for master to sphinx-rtd-theme
19:41 davidnind it wasn't deliberate...:)
19:41 ashimema Awesome
19:41 * ashimema is lurking
19:41 caroline haha I know!
19:41 davidnind I have no updates for my other projects... https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ists_and_projects
19:42 caroline Me either... actually I will remove my name from reviewing acquisitions
19:42 davidnind I know work is being done on the wiki updgrade, so I think that is getting closer
19:42 caroline I've been working on the index
19:42 caroline I have like less than 10 terms, but still...
19:43 Marie-Luce sorry...I was not able to check the documentation bugs
19:43 davidnind got to start somewhere...
19:44 caroline you'd think with libraries closed we'd have less work, but it doesn't work like that haha!
19:45 davidnind Should we add projects as GitLab issues (where they are not content related) -  I find it relatively easier to keep track of things on GitLab
19:45 caroline sure I donm't mind either way
19:45 caroline with gitlab at least we get notifications :)
19:47 davidnind #info Add projects (non-content related) as issues in GitLab (preference up to person project assigned to)
19:48 davidnind #topic What's been done so far
19:48 Topic for #koha is now What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 June 2020)
19:48 davidnind I think we have done some of this agenda item already
19:48 davidnind Anything else to add?
19:49 caroline I don't know about you, but I feel like action points, projects and what's been done is kind of the same thing?
19:49 davidnind Should we merge for future agendas?
19:50 jzairo left #koha
19:50 caroline I feel like yeah, what about you?
19:50 Marie-Luce I will start checking those documentation bugs
19:51 davidnind That would be fine with me
19:51 davidnind Marie-Luce++
19:51 tuxayo-read-only joined #koha
19:51 davidnind Apart from the latest merge request, everything that has come through has been merged
19:52 davidnind #topic Content development guidelines
19:52 Topic for #koha is now Content development guidelines (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 June 2020)
19:52 caroline thanks davidnind++ for merging
19:52 davidnind no problem!
19:53 davidnind shall we defer my point about using contractions, as I'm conscious we've nearly been going for an hour!
19:54 caroline also maybe wait for when cait is there, more translation opinions
19:55 davidnind okay, we'll defer
19:55 davidnind For priorities, have you got anything to add caroline?
19:55 davidnind Pick something and work on it - ideally new system preferences and features
19:55 caroline yup that's pretty much it!
19:56 davidnind :)
19:56 caroline I don't think there's much that has been pushed for 20.11, so work on 20.05
19:56 caroline there's a lot to do
19:56 davidnind yes, very overwhelming!
19:57 davidnind I'm conscious that we have several new people on the team
19:58 davidnind There was a great session with jzairo via koha-US in May
19:58 Marie-Luce I'm may need some coaching
19:58 davidnind is there any interest in having hands on sessions, via Zoom or Jitsi?
19:59 caroline good idea!
19:59 davidnind I'm happy to do something, even if it is a Q&A sessions - like, how do I do XYZ, basic git workflow commands, etc.
19:59 Marie-Luce that would be awesome
19:59 caroline davidnind++
19:59 davidnind It can be a bit daunting figuring things out until you have a bit of a workflow going
20:00 davidnind would be pretty informal, and I can't promise I have all the answers
20:00 Marie-Luce any tips would be greatly appreciated
20:00 DonnaB I'd be happy to set up a Zoom if that would work
20:01 davidnind #action davidnind to organise a 'drop in session(s)' on how to contribute to the documentation
20:01 davidnind thanks DonnaB
20:02 davidnind does around this time suit, maybe on the equivalent of everyone's Friday's for maybe 1/2 an hour over the next 2-3 weeks?
20:03 caroline isn't our friday afternoon your saturday morning?
20:03 caroline Are you ok with that?
20:03 andreashm joined #koha
20:03 davidnind I'm okay with that
20:04 DonnaB so the first one would be what date/time in UTC?
20:06 davidnind How about next Friday 12 June 2020, 19:00 UTC? Will try Jitsi for the first one, can move to Zoom if we have problems.
20:07 DonnaB sounds good to me!
20:07 davidnind will send something to the mailing list, and happy to do any one-on-one sessions
20:07 davidnind I can always talk to myself!:-D
20:07 davidnind #topic Next meeting
20:07 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 June 2020)
20:07 Marie-Luce sounds good
20:08 davidnind Does this time suit everyone?
20:08 caroline ok for me
20:08 DonnaB ok for me!
20:09 davidnind #info Next meeting: 2 July 2020, 19:00 UTC
20:09 davidnind #endmeeting
20:09 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:09 huginn Meeting ended Thu Jun  4 20:09:53 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:09 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-06-04-19.05.html
20:09 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]0-06-04-19.05.txt
20:09 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]04-19.05.log.html
20:10 caroline davidnind++ thanks for chairing!
20:10 davidnind Thanks everyone, sorry it dragged on a bit!
20:10 DonnaB thanks all!
20:10 tuxayo > happy to do any one-on-one sessions
20:10 tuxayo These are the kind of things I could help also.
20:10 tuxayo Not documentation but for stuff like setting up a KohaDevBox, using sandboxes, how to signoff patches.
20:10 tuxayo And for pair-signing off for patches that are too technical (or just too scary to take alone!)
20:11 Marie-Luce davidnind++ thanks david
20:11 tuxayo Just hook me up on IRC, happy to help and to learn library stuff also!
20:11 tuxayo davidnind++
20:11 davidnind everything eventually comes back to documentation...
20:12 davidnind thanks DonnaB
20:13 tuxayo BTW, what's the place to contact the documentation team between two meeting?
20:13 tuxayo Like there the mailing list koha-devel to bring development topic between meetings.
20:14 cait there is koha-docs, bu tit doesn't appear to be used much :)
20:14 * cait waves and apologizes for missing the meeting
20:15 davidnind racking my brain, I think you just add their email address and they will get an invite if they don't have a account
20:16 davidnind I think you just add their email address, they will then get an invite if they don't have a account.
20:17 caroline ok I will try that
20:17 davidnind sorry about the above ... please ignore!
20:17 caroline I will ignore just 1 line :)
20:17 davidnind any I'm not sure what has happened to my spelling today!
20:17 davidnind :)
20:19 davidnind with more people, maybe the docs list will get a bit more use... otherwise posting to the general or developer list may work just as well
20:20 caroline I think it worked kellym and DonnaB are now team members :)
20:20 DonnaB yup! I just got an email and am now a product owner.  So fancy!!!
20:20 davidnind caroline++
20:21 davidnind was just trying to find email addresses...
20:23 caroline bywater addresses are pretty simple
20:24 davidnind I think they need to be added on GitLab as well as developers, otherwise they can't comment on issues
20:24 tuxayo Thanks davidnind and cait, it's for documenting the system requirements about the OS and database.
20:24 tuxayo I don't want to left someone out that would like to have a word in this.
20:29 inlibro joined #koha
20:30 DonnaB thanks caroline/david - just got my email with access to Gitlab
20:30 enkidu left #koha
20:31 kathryn joined #koha
20:32 * oleonard is happy his favorite documentation theme won the vote
20:33 cait :)
20:34 davidnind left #koha
20:39 DonnaB_ joined #koha
20:41 aleisha joined #koha
20:42 DonnaB left #koha
21:02 tuxayo @later tell wizzyrea What is the first step to have an account on the website. (Related to RMaint)
21:02 huginn tuxayo: The operation succeeded.
21:02 tuxayo *?
21:02 tuxayo whoops
21:04 tuxayo tcohen: around?
21:04 tcohen yes
21:05 cait tuxayo: asking wizzycray for it is the right thing
21:05 cait wizzyrea I mean
21:06 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:06 tuxayo thanks!
21:08 tuxayo tcohen: How does one use KOHA_ELASTICSEARCH=1 in koha-testing-docker?
21:08 tuxayo[…]43#note_352095727
21:11 tcohen export KOHA_ELASTICSEARCH=1
21:11 tcohen ?
21:11 tcohen if it doesn't work for you please file an issue, and assign it to Joubu
21:14 andreashm joined #koha
21:16 tuxayo > export KOHA_ELASTICSEARCH=1
21:16 tuxayo It didn't seems to work at the time. I'll retry.
21:16 tuxayo > if it doesn't work for you please file an issue, and assign it to Joubu
21:16 tuxayo Ok! (can't assign issues but I'll mention them, that will do)
21:17 ashimema Did you use an alias
21:18 ashimema The aliases dear by work nicely with additional exports on the line I believe.. I got caught by that at some point.
21:22 tuxayo ashimema: thanks, I'll try without alias
21:29 inlibro joined #koha
21:45 AndrewFH joined #koha
22:29 inlibro joined #koha
22:42 khall joined #koha
22:47 tosca joined #koha
22:50 kidclamp joined #koha
23:29 inlibro joined #koha
23:31 sen joined #koha
23:35 * dcook waves
23:35 dcook Hmm I know ashimema sent me a few messages but only the first one is coming through..
23:35 dcook Ahh because he used ellipses
23:41 kellym joined #koha
23:49 kellym left #koha
23:54 dcook @later tell ashimema I have some thoughts on CPAN and Carton. I'll email the listserv about it.
23:54 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
23:56 dcook @later tell ashimema I wonder which other vendors are big enough to come on board. Is Joubu a contractor for ptfs-e, bywater, and biblibre?
23:56 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
23:56 dcook @later tell ashimema I'm happy to do some work on the systemd side of things. I find I end up doing it anyway just out of convenience. You can see one experimental I did at Bug 22417.
23:56 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
23:58 AndrewFH joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary