IRC log for #koha, 2020-05-06

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:21 tuxayo hayley: around?
00:23 hayley hello!
00:24 inlibro joined #koha
00:24 tuxayo hayley: I sent a test mail, to make sure it makes through.
00:25 hayley hi tuxayo yes it has made it through
00:25 tuxayo To ensure the next one about roles for 20.11 won't be in spam. Which would cost precious time.
00:25 tuxayo hayley: great :D I'll finish writing it.
00:48 khall joined #koha
01:01 hayley joined #koha
01:08 toscaw joined #koha
01:24 inlibro joined #koha
01:36 AndrewFH joined #koha
02:24 inlibro joined #koha
02:59 khall joined #koha
03:25 inlibro joined #koha
03:49 khall joined #koha
04:25 inlibro joined #koha
05:20 deb-CSPL joined #koha
05:25 inlibro joined #koha
05:45 toscaw left #koha
06:02 cait joined #koha
06:10 did joined #koha
06:19 deb-CSPL joined #koha
06:25 inlibro joined #koha
06:37 reiveune joined #koha
06:38 reiveune hello
06:38 wahanui que tal, reiveune
06:47 deb-CSPL joined #koha
06:51 kohaputti joined #koha
06:58 alex_a joined #koha
06:59 alex_a Bonjour
07:00 cait1 joined #koha
07:05 andreashm joined #koha
07:08 cait joined #koha
07:09 cait joined #koha
07:25 Joubu caroline: done (meeting update)
07:25 inlibro joined #koha
07:27 ashimema[m] oh.. thanks Joubu
07:27 * ashimema[m] just woke up properly and was about to start on tha one :)
07:28 cait morning #koha
07:47 Joubu @later tell tcohen the escape bit is a blocker (security) to me for 25279
07:47 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
08:17 Joubu @later tell kidclamp what's your opinion on bug 23787 comment 28?
08:17 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
08:22 sophie_m joined #koha
08:25 inlibro joined #koha
08:45 andreashm joined #koha
08:59 khall joined #koha
09:08 andreashm joined #koha
09:21 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:26 inlibro joined #koha
09:41 andreash_ joined #koha
09:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #275: ABORTED in 22 hr: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/275/
09:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #299: ABORTED in 23 hr: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/299/
09:51 ashimema[m] hmm.. not sure what's going on with Jenkins
09:51 ashimema[m] had to abort those last builds.. they'd been building for 20 hours or so
09:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #129: FAILURE in 1 min 22 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/129/
09:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #218: STILL FAILING in 1 min 44 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/218/
09:55 khall joined #koha
10:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #770: ABORTED in 18 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/770/
10:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #123: ABORTED in 18 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/123/
10:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #128: ABORTED in 20 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/128/
10:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #300: ABORTED in 22 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/300/
10:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1310: ABORTED in 18 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1310/
10:20 ashimema[m] tuxayo around?
10:21 ashimema[m] I think you need to shift your email to the dev lists rather than email lots of people individually.. I'm working my way through it now and want to reply.. but don't want to reply in private and go over the same things with others all individually.
10:21 tuxayo Yes
10:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #853: STILL FAILING in 8 min 42 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/853/
10:26 inlibro joined #koha
10:26 tuxayo ashimema: I was trying to get one feedback before sending more broadly.
10:26 tuxayo To hopefully get something less confusing.
10:27 andreashm joined #koha
10:27 ashimema[m] I've replied
10:27 tuxayo The eventuality of Jonathan being RM simplified the thing a lot.
10:27 ashimema[m] but it's not especially insightful
10:28 ashimema[m] the core piece we're missing is motivation for employers
10:28 ashimema[m] I tend to find individuals are highly motivated and want to help with the load but often cannot commit to much dues to their commitments to customers
10:28 ashimema[m] never enough time
10:28 khall_ joined #koha
10:28 tuxayo Indeed.
10:29 ashimema[m] Joubu is in a special position having a community level income
10:29 ashimema[m] I kind of feel the RM role could/should be community funded.. then it's less of a 'donation' and lose to the company giving up a staff member
10:30 ashimema[m] hard call really..
10:30 ashimema[m] I'd have loved to have stuck around for another cycle, but alas we have lots on our plate at ptfs-e and they can't afford to let me continue for another 6 months at my current commitment level
10:31 ashimema[m] on that note.. as much as I'll be released from RM duties.. my time will not all be available to work on QA so your model of freeing time doesn't always follow.
10:31 tuxayo > my time will not all be available to work on QA
10:31 tuxayo Indeed it would only be partial.
10:31 ashimema[m] I will be doing some QA.. but it's very unlikely I'll be able to come close to the level of QA Joubu did last cycle for example.. I'll have too many other commitments
10:42 tuxayo I don't think I need to keep exploring my plan of doing 2 Rmaint on next cycle.
10:42 tuxayo I got an answer from Hayley and the free people at Catalyst don't have QA experience. So it won't fly.
10:42 tuxayo Maybe I'm the one who needs to learn QA during the cycle even if not on the team ^^"
10:44 andreashm joined #koha
10:53 ashimema[m] feel free to shadow a QA person.. you only learn by doing and QA does vary
10:55 ashimema[m] assuming Joubu ends up as RM I'd ask him.. he's the one that will see your work as such.. I have levels of QA in my head for various people on the team.. I know which things they are most likely to miss and which things I can really count on them to catch for each person and so my approach to the final QA test before pushing a bug differs depending on whom did the QA
10:55 ashimema[m] you could look at taking on a topic expert role as an alternative.. they can do QA but in a limited capacity for an area of code they know well
10:56 ashimema[m] though to be honest.. good SO is just as important as QA.. as a QA person, if I can see the person before me doing SO has done a rigorous job of testing it means I can fall back to mostly looking for code mistakes rather than doing a deep dive on the test plan
10:57 Joubu yes, that ^ :)
10:57 tuxayo Good to know!
10:58 tuxayo I should then look in these directions.
11:00 ashimema[m] :)
11:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1311: FAILURE in 1 min 38 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1311/
11:07 Joubu 13:06:34 koha_1       | Database is not empty! at /kohadevbox/misc4dev/ line 95.
11:07 Joubu ashimema[m]: why that?
11:09 Joubu I would try again
11:11 ashimema[m] ?
11:14 khall joined #koha
11:15 JBoyer_ joined #koha
11:19 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:22 JBoyer joined #koha
11:26 inlibro joined #koha
11:31 tcohen morning all
11:33 khall_ joined #koha
11:35 ashimema[m] morning tcohen
11:37 alex_a joined #koha
11:40 AndrewFH joined #koha
12:16 sophie_m joined #koha
12:24 sophie_m joined #koha
12:26 inlibro joined #koha
12:33 khall joined #koha
12:34 khall joined #koha
12:39 Marie-Luce joined #koha
12:46 khall joined #koha
12:51 Marie-Luce joined #koha
12:52 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:15 khall_ joined #koha
13:18 wizzycray joined #koha
13:26 inlibro joined #koha
13:37 vfernandes joined #koha
13:37 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:41 Joubu When editing a subfield: "Max length:
13:41 Joubu (see online help)"
13:41 Joubu what is the "online help"?
13:42 caroline Merci Joubu :)
13:43 caroline And for your question, I have no idea, I've always wondered too
13:54 cait i thinkthe help files
13:54 cait but we removed them.... so the manual?
13:55 Joubu bug 25388
13:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25388 trivial, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , There is no link for the "online help"
13:59 cait oh interesting
14:00 cait maybe there was something in hte online help file we removed? a useful note?
14:07 Joubu no idea..
14:07 Joubu ashimema[m]: looks like jobs are stuck
14:09 * cait tidies strange translations found in training - only see them when showing others :(
14:11 eythian It's all just Schmetterling and Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän everywhere, innit.
14:18 Null404 joined #koha
14:19 Null404 hi, there is a option to auto delay reserved books that was returned (for 7 days for exapmle) in KOHA ?
14:21 caroline Hi Null404, not that I know of
14:22 Null404 oh well
14:23 Null404 if someone return books that is in reservation by other one, gets e-mail: "your books is ready to borrow"
14:24 Null404 I mean after return, next one gets email
14:25 caroline yeah, in the context of quarantine, you have to "ignore" the reservation upon return and confirm it when the book gets out of quarantine
14:25 caroline if you ignore, the next person won't get an email
14:25 Null404 hm... yes
14:26 Null404 but if other librarian forgot and accept popup ?
14:26 inlibro joined #koha
14:27 caroline then yeah, the person will get an email...
14:27 cait you could turn off the emails... but then you will have to send them manually later
14:27 cait we did that for some libraires
14:28 Null404 interesting idea
14:29 caroline or make the librarian call the person and explain that the book is in quarantine for their safety... after a couple of calls, hey will not make the mistake
14:29 * caroline is a bad manager
14:29 cait heh
14:30 cait not true, you managing skills tempt me to sign up for docs team right now :)
14:30 caroline sometimes I feel librarians want the software to think for them...
14:31 cait ... but are unhappy if it does
14:31 cait it does what was conigured... but we don't want it that way
14:31 caroline lol yeah!
14:32 Null404 @caroline true
14:32 huginn Null404: I've exhausted my database of quotes
14:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1312: STILL FAILING in 3 hr 18 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1312/
14:32 eythian cait: should be easy to fix: "use Acme::Telepathy qw( what_do_you_want );"
14:33 Null404 today one librarian want to set a function that will call when quarantine of each book ends, and when if ends he will get pop up / email with information
14:33 cait can you provide me with a code sample?
14:33 Joubu eythian: could you push? It's not on CPAN yet
14:33 cait heh
14:33 cait eythian: how is life in Amsterdam?
14:34 caroline "Could not expand [Acme::Telepathy]. Check the module name."
14:34 eythian Joubu: you might also need this:
14:34 eythian cait: very quiet. Except for work, work is too busy.
14:35 cait are you at home too or still going in?
14:35 eythian No, working from home. It's been something like 6-7 weeks now, and probably another month or two more at least.
14:36 eythian luckily I have a reasonable setup for it here.
14:40 cait similar here
14:40 cait not sure how much longer, since this week we can volunarily return, but lots of rules i place etc
14:41 Marie-Luce while we are talking about quarantine, do you have any idea on how to manage automatically statut change for different quarantine length (e.g. book 3 days & DVD 10 days)
14:41 cait maybe the item age thing could help?
14:42 cait hm i guess not, that's only working with dateaccessioned
14:42 cait another idea: a report that is built so you can sent to batch item edit
14:43 caroline you couldn't make it work with the automatic change by age tool?
14:43 cait i think the "age" is the dateaccesioned... so it doesn't seem like it would work
14:43 cait unless i am missing something
14:43 Marie-Luce the automatic change can work with item status change
14:44 cait maybe it shows i've never used it :)
14:44 cait Marie-Luce: did you see bywaters bloc post about handling quarantine? i haven't read it yet, but maybe that is helpful
14:44 cait i's in my "read later" list
14:45 cait eythian: almost 8 weeks now... just counted - time is still flying
14:46 eythian cait: it is moving on, but it does still feel like April the 87th today.
14:46 Marie-Luce yes I did, but it doesn't mention the automatic change by age
14:49 Marie-Luce I've tested a global rule for every itemtype which ask to search for items.notforloan = "quarantine status" and swap for "available status", and it works well
14:50 cait how do you know it's been in quarantine 'long enough'?
14:51 Marie-Luce in the tool you can set up the time when it should change
14:52 cait hm, but what does it compare to?
14:52 Marie-Luce in the rule you can add 3 days, conditions items.notforloan ="quarantine" subtitutions items.notforloan = 0
14:53 Marie-Luce I guess it will check when the status was changed to quarantine... but I may be wrong
14:53 Marie-Luce Does it make sense?
14:55 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:09 Joubu Marie-Luce: the "age" is compared with dateaccessioned, not sure it is what you are looking fod
15:10 Marie-Luce so, it wouldn't check the status ?
15:11 Marie-Luce I was confused since there are so many options in the conditions when setting up the tool
15:13 reiveune bye
15:13 reiveune left #koha
15:14 Marie-Luce reiveune: bye
15:22 andreashm joined #koha
15:27 inlibro joined #koha
15:41 cait Marie-Luce: i thin it only checks dateaccessioned - we don't store that kind of information (when it was changed to...) well, only for lost and damaged
15:43 Marie-Luce my solution was too good to be true...
15:43 Marie-Luce thanks for checking
15:49 cait yes, it would be really nice if the tool was a little more flexible
15:49 cait if it was able to use the datelastseen too for example, that would enable us to do things after last circ action
15:50 cait checkin updates datelastseen... 2 days later, change checkout status
15:50 cait well or whatever status
15:51 Marie-Luce good ideas
16:04 Joubu open a bug report and detail the needs ;)
16:05 cait meh heh
16:05 cait but yes, i probably shoudl at elast make a quick one
16:07 cait but for now... time to shut down the work laptop :)
16:07 cait bbl!
16:07 cait left #koha
16:09 Marie-Luce cait: thanks for your help
16:27 inlibro joined #koha
16:29 khall joined #koha
17:08 cait joined #koha
17:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #276: ABORTED in 7 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/276/
17:17 koha-jenkins joined #koha
17:23 talljoy joined #koha
17:24 khall joined #koha
17:27 inlibro joined #koha
17:39 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:49 tuxayo1 joined #koha
17:58 did joined #koha
18:02 tuxayo Reminder: development IRC meeting in 1h
18:02 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeting_6_May_2020
18:17 caroline cait, do any of your libraries use  TraceSubjectSubdivisions ?
18:27 inlibro joined #koha
18:35 cait I think that#s required when the subjects have multiple subfields right?
18:35 cait I think it's not required for us as our subjects are only $a
18:36 caroline ah ok
18:36 cait I thin it was probably made for LOC subjects?
18:36 caroline I have a client who turned it on and it doesn't work with translations (it translates the boolean AND in the query)
18:36 cait oh
18:37 caroline I'm trying to reproduce in the master but my master is buggy as hell
18:37 cait which translation?
18:37 caroline well we work in fr-CA
18:37 cait hm they might have translated that in the po files
18:37 caroline I don't know which file it comes from
18:38 cait which koha version?
18:38 cait i can see if i can spot it
18:38 caroline that particular client is still in 18,05 (one of those)
18:38 caroline that's why I'm trying to work it out in master
18:38 cait i am not going to throw stones...
18:38 cait 17.11
18:39 caroline cait is one of those too! hehe!
18:39 cait 133 actually :)
18:40 cait we have some things showing up like his in translation: +and+(bib-level:a+or+bib-level:b)
18:40 cait and sometimes that gets translated by accident
18:40 cait that's tnot the one we are looking for, but a good exaple
18:41 cait what#s french for and?
18:41 caroline ET
18:41 caroline like the extraterrestrial
18:43 cait i am not usre if you can see this: https://translate.koha-communi[…]4801889&offset=40
18:43 cait AND got translated as ET
18:43 caroline oh says page not found
18:43 cait yeah, Bernardo deactivated that translation becuase it's old
18:43 cait i have admin rights still, so can see it
18:44 cait you are looking for this PO file:         fr-CA-marc-MARC21.po
18:44 caroline but if zebra is finnicky about booleans, it shouldn't be in the po in the first place...?
18:44 cait and then you need to have someone change AND back to ET and reinstall fr-CA
18:44 caroline ok
18:44 cait it's hard to parse
18:44 cait to differentiate between what should be in po and what ot... it's probably all <xsl:text></xsl:text>
18:45 cait i think someone tried by making it all capitals
18:46 cait the files and lines it occurs are listed as:         intranet-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/MAR​C21slim2intranetDetail.xsl:694  intranet-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/MAR​C21slim2intranetDetail.xsl:752  opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en/xslt/M​ARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl:733  opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en/xslt/M​ARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl:787 (but they might be a little different between bugfix vresions)
18:46 davidnind joined #koha
18:46 cait I am fixing the newer versions now
18:50 tuxayo Reminder: development IRC meeting in 10min
18:50 cait[…]792f83c06704#l443 line 446
18:50 tuxayo left #koha
18:52 tuxayo joined #koha
18:52 tuxayo o/ davidnind
18:52 oleonard o/
18:52 tuxayo o/ oleonard
18:52 davidnind greetings from the far south!
18:53 cait hi davidnind :)
18:53 davidnind hi cait!
18:58 tuxayo davidnind: I have a question about signoffs: do you have a type of bugs for which you particularity efficient/motivated to sign them off?
18:59 tuxayo So I can focus on other bugs to not "reduce" the effectiveness of your work. Of simply not taking "nice ones"
18:59 cait i thin it differes proably for everyone
18:59 cait oleonard's seem usually to go fast
18:59 cait as most of them are something you can 'see'
18:59 cait the architecture stuff is harder to find someone for
18:59 cait API, SIP2, REST
18:59 oleonard I am a simple man
18:59 cait or worse ... LDAP, Shibboleth
18:59 cait the harder to set up
19:00 cait oleonard: that's not waht i said!
19:00 tuxayo he he
19:00 tuxayo ho, it's time for the meeting!
19:00 tuxayo !bang
19:00 AnnaBoten \_x< tuxayo: 1 (845444.47 seconds)
19:00 davidnind tuxayo: normally ones that have a good test plan or that I can work out how to do
19:00 tuxayo No ducks allowed.
19:01 oleonard tuxayo fires his gun into the air in celebration and hits a duck!
19:02 cait ashimema[m]:  ?
19:02 tuxayo davidnind: thanks, I'll try to pay attention to that. I'll only take them when they are few weeks old.
19:03 tuxayo Good that was my plan anyway. Take the ones untouched since a month. And then go the older ones.
19:03 davidnind tuxayo: really internal technical Koha stuff I tend to avoid
19:03 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
19:03 wahanui *click*
19:03 tuxayo oleonard: wow, it was around since 10 days.
19:03 cait should we give him another 2 mins?
19:04 tuxayo yup
19:05 tuxayo davidnind: Like «API, SIP2, REST, LDAP, Shibboleth» ? to cite cait
19:05 davidnind other times I pick the oldest ones, or focus on sign offs required for specific people
19:05 thd joined #koha
19:06 cait oldest is always good, that should include the ones i listed
19:07 davidnind overall a bit random really, API ones are normally okay - there is a test plan and you use prove - except where comment is required on the technical aspects
19:09 thd Is there a meeting now or is my time zone wrong?
19:09 tcohen !bang
19:09 AnnaBoten \_x< tcohen: 1 (330.60 seconds)
19:09 tcohen do we have a meeting now?
19:09 tuxayo thd: yes, there should be soon
19:09 oleonard thd: We were giving ashimema[m] a few minutes to show up, but no luck
19:09 cait yes
19:09 tuxayo tcohen: yes XD
19:09 tcohen like now?
19:09 cait ok, who wnats to chair?
19:09 cait tcohen: ? :)
19:10 tuxayo tcohen: That's why the ducks come also.
19:10 cait I can help, but not alone please
19:10 tcohen #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 6 May 2020
19:10 huginn Meeting started Wed May  6 19:10:58 2020 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at
19:10 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:10 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 May 2020)
19:10 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_6_may_2020'
19:11 cait ah :)
19:11 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeting_6_May_2020 Agenda
19:11 tcohen #topc Introductions
19:11 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:11 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Javier and Manuel's father
19:11 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
19:11 tuxayo #topic Introductions
19:12 davidnind #info David Nind, Wlelington, New Zealand
19:12 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
19:12 tcohen #chair tuxayo
19:12 huginn Current chairs: tcohen tuxayo
19:12 tcohen do not overlap
19:12 tuxayo whaaaat
19:12 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City [still world virus capital]
19:12 tcohen but if you want to do it, be my guest
19:12 tuxayo I just wanted to fix a typo >_<
19:12 tcohen ah
19:12 tcohen haha
19:13 cait oops
19:13 tuxayo topc→topic. Maybe it was not a big deal. Anyways ^^"
19:13 tcohen #topic Introductions
19:13 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 May 2020)
19:13 tcohen You don't need to introduce yourself again
19:14 tcohen #topic Announcements
19:14 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 May 2020)
19:14 cait tuxayo: only chairs can set topics
19:14 tcohen Anyone has any announcement to make?
19:14 cait #info We are in feature freeze, heading into String freeze end of week
19:14 khall joined #koha
19:15 tuxayo cait: And if some tries, they get a place in the chair instead, hue hue
19:15 cait can't think of something else :)
19:16 cait move on?
19:16 tcohen #topc Update from the Release manager (20.05)
19:16 tcohen just messing with you
19:16 ashimema[m] Just join by phone
19:16 tuxayo tcohen: topc→topic
19:16 tuxayo hooo >_<
19:16 ashimema[m] Sorry, computer issues
19:16 tcohen #topic Update from the Release manager (20.05)
19:16 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (20.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 May 2020)
19:16 tcohen just in time, ashimema[m]
19:16 ashimema[m] #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe
19:17 tuxayo o/ ashimema
19:17 tcohen o/
19:17 ashimema[m] #info We are loving at a pace readying ourselves for release.. QA team are great and bugs are getting squashed.  We're now in feature freeze and string freeze is this coming Friday.
19:18 ashimema[m] Please excuse a higher rate of typos.. no idea why I can't sign in on the laptop or pc
19:18 AnnaBoten \_o< quack!
19:18 wahanui *click*
19:18 tcohen !bang
19:18 AnnaBoten \_x< tcohen: 2 (5.15 seconds)
19:18 AnnaBoten [('tcohen', 2), ('tuxayo', 1)]
19:18 AnnaBoten Best time: tcohen with 5.15 seconds
19:18 AnnaBoten Longest time: tuxayo with 845444.47 seconds (this is your new longest time in this channel! Your previous longest time was 386334.35)
19:18 AnnaBoten tcohen took the lead for the week over kidclamp with 2 points.
19:18 tcohen !stop
19:18 AnnaBoten Not a single duck was shot during this hunt!
19:18 AnnaBoten Nothing to stop: there's no hunt right now.
19:18 tcohen ashimema[m]++
19:19 tcohen very excited about this release!
19:19 cait me too :)
19:19 tcohen moving on then
19:19 cait good pace overall - just no slacking off after release please heh
19:19 tcohen I'm sure we will all be busy next cycle
19:19 tcohen #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
19:19 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 May 2020)
19:20 tcohen rmaints?
19:20 wahanui hmmm... rmaints is talljoy, lukeG, hayley
19:21 ashimema[m] yeay.. back in.. I can type again :)
19:21 talljoy #info Joy Nelson ByWater
19:21 tuxayo o/
19:21 tcohen o/
19:21 tcohen it is the rmaints report topic
19:22 talljoy Jenkins is failing on me and aborted on two runs.  Anyone able to help with that (19.11.x)
19:22 talljoy other than that, trying to catch up to ashimema with stuff being pushed to 20.05
19:22 tcohen \o
19:23 tcohen I will Joy, sorry I forgot this morning
19:23 talljoy thanks!
19:23 tcohen #info some tests are failing on 19.11, no news from other rmaints
19:24 * ashimema[m] isn't sure what he did to upset Jenkins.. noever seen him to red and mad looking
19:24 tcohen we need a bigger server
19:24 ashimema[m] well.. once maybe.. I got he devil response once
19:24 tcohen I will take care of that
19:24 tcohen and probably move into gitlab-ci
19:24 Dyrcona joined #koha
19:24 tuxayo tcohen: that's the cause of failures?
19:24 tcohen sometimes jenkins is causing OOM
19:25 tcohen I haven't found the plugin that is to blame
19:25 tuxayo Ho, that's bad.
19:25 tcohen if you wanna chat about that we can on pm
19:25 tuxayo ok!
19:25 tcohen ideas are welcome
19:25 ashimema[m] +1
19:25 cait :)
19:26 tcohen can we skip the next topic? cait will kick our butts I think
19:26 cait lol
19:26 cait why would i? qa team is great the rM said... ;)
19:26 tcohen #topic Updates from the QA team
19:26 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 May 2020)
19:26 cait .... well, QA team IS great, but we can always do better
19:26 tcohen Joubu++ # his numbers are impressive
19:27 cait #info QA Team please jump on any bugs popping up now - there is still some things we should include in release to make things go smoothly especially with the new feature sintroduced and highlighted
19:27 inlibro joined #koha
19:28 tcohen I wanted to mention some recent changes on the API front
19:28 cait so please, all hands on deck, don't fiddle with your shiny features for a bit, but hunt bugs :)
19:28 cait ok, go for it
19:28 tcohen have broken some behaviour on the plugins that implement routes
19:28 * oleonard pouts
19:29 tcohen it only highlighted that on the plugins front, the 'anonymous', 'public' and 'privileged' access paths hadn't been thought much
19:29 * ashimema[m] sends less than subliminal messge to devs to contribute to the technical release notes pad
19:29 cait oh, did i miss the link for that?
19:29 tcohen in a minute
19:30 andreashm joined #koha
19:30 tuxayo cait: email "[Koha-devel] New technical changes for 20.05?"
19:30 * cait doesn't get koha-devel recently, it looks like my email is blocked soemwhere :(
19:30 tcohen that's it tuxayo
19:30 cait any help with that appreciated by the way...
19:31 tuxayo cait: that shouldn't block incoming mail though. Maybe it's that blocks
19:31 tcohen I will finish what I was writing
19:32 ashimema[m] #link[…]ech-release-notes tech notes
19:32 tcohen what I meant to say is that before the release, we need to replicate the behavioiur for the core API, on the plugins front, with a /public path, and honouring the 'RESTAnnonymous...' syspref as well
19:32 tcohen I will work as fast as possible on that
19:32 ashimema[m] thanks tcohen
19:32 tcohen and write on that technical notes so any dev knows about this change
19:33 * ashimema[m] has lost track of topics
19:33 tcohen anyway, we don't catch this things in QA
19:33 cait technical_notes++
19:33 tcohen and we need to work on that as well
19:33 cait there is info on the wiki about api - but a note on the outdated pages would be great too
19:33 tcohen #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
19:33 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 May 2020)
19:34 tcohen #info 1) What's the state of ES 7 support
19:34 tcohen tuxayo?
19:34 wahanui tuxayo is probably on a role
19:34 tuxayo I'll detail
19:34 andreashm joined #koha
19:34 tcohen can I ask a question?
19:34 tuxayo There doesn't seem to be anything related to ES 7 other than Bug 22520
19:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22520 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Be Elastic compliant 7.x and 8.x (_doc)
19:34 tuxayo Should we have something like this? «Bug 20196 - [Omnibus] Prepare Koha to ElasticSearch6 - ES6»
19:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20196 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, RESOLVED FIXED, [Omnibus] Prepare Koha to ElasticSearch6 - ES6
19:34 tuxayo done. (for this question)
19:35 tuxayo oops, sorry tcohen , go on.
19:35 tcohen its ok
19:35 tcohen I wanted to ask if there's a concept of LTS for ES
19:35 tuxayo tcohen: nope
19:35 tcohen because we are always running way behind
19:35 ashimema[m] good question
19:36 tcohen lets move back to SolR then :-D
19:36 kidclamp No, too late
19:36 tcohen </rant>
19:36 tuxayo After looking a lot about to try to find the end of life of ES 6, there is definitely no LTS
19:36 ashimema[m] ?
19:36 ashimema[m] it's hard to keep up with a fast moving project like ES
19:36 cait good and bad...
19:37 thd It may be possible to artificially create a long term stable version at least somewhat.
19:37 tuxayo From what I get, ES has a new major release every 12 or 18 months (variable)
19:37 tuxayo And a version is supported during until the next next release
19:38 ashimema[m] what does 'Major' constitute?
19:38 tuxayo 6.X 5.X
19:38 ashimema[m] compared to our own cycle for example
19:38 thd One could standardise on some Elastic Search release in some Long Term Stable GNU/Linux distribution for example.
19:38 tuxayo So between 2 to 3 year of support for each major version.
19:38 ashimema[m] number of breaking changes I supose it my question
19:38 bgkriegel joined #koha
19:38 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
19:39 tcohen that's LTS-ish
19:39 thd LTS-ish++
19:40 kidclamp It should be easier to keep up when we have broader use, the slow point right now is not a lot of devs or users
19:40 tuxayo > number of breaking changes
19:40 tuxayo Breaking changes are only in major release. And with deprecation notices on the previous version. That helps.
19:40 ashimema[m] mmm
19:40 cait is it hard to install an 'older' version?
19:41 tcohen two years is ok
19:41 ashimema[m] we don't as a community have any form of centrally lead roadmaps so it's hard to build in regular updates for dependancies like this
19:41 tcohen the issue here is lack of devs
19:41 ashimema[m] that's something i would have loved to try and change during my time as RM but alas it was a mountain too far..
19:42 tuxayo > is it hard to install an 'older' version?
19:42 tuxayo I guess not because we are still installing 5.X which is EOL.
19:42 cait ok
19:42 ashimema[m] I am however, happy to work on such a scheme next cycle or too if the next RM is keen for me to do so
19:42 cait so at least if we miss one, it will not break stuff for people immediately
19:42 cait i think if we had a group of three that helped each other out, that oculd go far
19:42 ashimema[m] indeed
19:43 ashimema[m] once we got a core group testing the last ES upgrade.. it went pretty quick
19:43 ashimema[m] just needs focus
19:44 tuxayo So, that might be useful to have something like «Bug20196 - [Omnibus] Prepare Koha to ElasticSearch6 - ES6» but for ES 7.
19:44 tuxayo I'll create it to link new bugs if they pop.
19:44 ashimema[m] yup
19:44 ashimema[m] tuxayo++
19:44 cait tuxayo :)
19:44 tuxayo The next questions might help also. Moving on to them?
19:45 tcohen #info 2) Default ES versions of koha-testing-docker and KohaDevBox
19:45 ashimema[m] what shape are we in for ES unit tests and running them on Jenkins?
19:45 tuxayo Are there much unit/UI tests using ES for now?
19:46 ashimema[m] I'm seeing another whole raft of CI work in need :(.. we hugely improved our coverage the last couple of cycle by introducing a bigger mix of OS + DB combinations
19:46 ashimema[m] so we also need to start testing ES combinations too
19:46 tcohen koha-testing-docker currently can be started with es6
19:47 tuxayo nice to learn about these CI improvement! :D
19:47 tcohen with just a param change
19:47 tuxayo Oh, yes so the question was.
19:47 tcohen in the case of KohaDevBox
19:47 tuxayo 2) Default ES versions of koha-testing-docker and KohaDevBox [tuxayo]
19:47 tuxayo Should they move to ES 6 by default? ES 5 is end of life since 2019-03 (ES 7 release)
19:47 tcohen that's alreay configurable in the user.yml file
19:47 tuxayo And should they move to ES 7 by default after a few months ?
19:48 cait tcohen: if ES6 is officially supported having it as default for a new one would make sense to me
19:48 tuxayo tcohen: the default is how devs/SO/QA can discover new bugs right?
19:49 tcohen totally
19:49 cait kidclamp: maybe?
19:49 tuxayo Otherwise it's only on user reports and the devs/SO/QA tjat choose to use ES 6.
19:49 tcohen changing the default is ok
19:50 tcohen but we need to make sure CI is testing against 5.x
19:50 ashimema[m] I will admit.. I only really pay attention to ES when I'm looking specifically at and ES bug
19:50 tuxayo Good :D
19:50 ashimema[m] agreed
19:50 cait info?
19:50 wahanui somebody said info was largely out there.. just not especially well summarised
19:50 cait or agreed, but log :)
19:50 tcohen I don't know how to start a vote
19:51 ashimema[m] do we even need to vote on that?
19:51 ashimema[m] feels like a no brainer to be honest
19:51 tcohen #agreed We will make ES 6.x the default in our dev tools (koha-testing-docker and KohaDevBox)
19:51 tuxayo hooray!
19:51 ashimema[m] :)
19:51 ashimema[m] +1
19:51 cait not vote, but log it :)
19:51 cait for the minutes
19:51 tuxayo Next question (related)
19:51 tcohen #info tcohen will make sure our CI is still running tests against ES 5.x
19:51 tuxayo tcohen++
19:51 tcohen #info We will make ES 6.x the default in our dev tools (koha-testing-docker and KohaDevBox)
19:51 cait tcohen++
19:52 ashimema[m] should we be running against both ES5 and ES6 tcohen?
19:52 tcohen yes, and why not 7?
19:52 ashimema[m] then have a deprecation point for dropping ES5
19:52 ashimema[m] sounds good to me..
19:52 tuxayo-read-only Yes, +1 to 5, 6 and 7
19:52 ashimema[m] poor Jenkins..
19:52 tcohen haha
19:52 ashimema[m] it's probably my fault he hurts
19:52 ashimema[m] and drop 5 probably with 20.11
19:53 tcohen I will ask mtj[m]  to talk about his setup for running more tasks simultaneously on his node
19:53 ashimema[m] :)
19:53 tcohen he's node is big and has resources
19:53 tcohen #info 3) Should koha-testing-docker and KohaDevBox have ES enabled by default instead of Zebra?
19:54 ashimema[m] awsome
19:54 tuxayo Again, to find more bugs.
19:54 tuxayo And it would make sense if we want to move toward making ES
19:54 tuxayo the recommended search engine in Koha.
19:54 tuxayo done.
19:54 tcohen koha-testing-docker has ES set by default
19:54 ashimema[m] tuxayo++ # raising great talking points
19:55 tcohen it is only a matter of enabling it in misc4dev, probably
19:55 tuxayo tcohen: But one must set the SearchEngine syspref and index ES right?
19:55 tcohen in the case of KohaDevBox
19:55 tcohen tuxayo yes
19:55 tcohen in the case of KohaDevBox the thing is it would require VirtualBox to assign more resources (RAM)
19:55 kidclamp Sorry, with kid so not here, we need to build actual search tests, but we need support for testing in a dev env that won't leave records in our indeed
19:56 tcohen 4GB
19:56 kidclamp Index
19:56 tuxayo > in the case of KohaDevBox the thing is it would require VirtualBox to assign more resources
19:56 tuxayo Indeed
19:56 tcohen kidclamp didn't we solve taht already by having a separate index?
19:56 tuxayo > we need support for testing in a dev env that won't leave records in our
19:56 tuxayo what do you mean kidclamp ?
19:57 tcohen or we didn't finish that...
19:58 tuxayo > one must set the SearchEngine syspref and index ES
19:58 tuxayo This means that many of our dev, SO, QA work in still done on Zebra so discovery on new bugs will be low.
19:58 kidclamp our general tests that create bibs end up in the index
19:58 cait i thnk we can't break Zebra either
19:58 kidclamp because we don't have a queue, we just index upon creation/change
19:58 cait i regularly switch
19:58 cait when your devbox is set up, you can just throw the pref
19:59 cait it's not an either/or choice
19:59 tuxayo hmmm, so how could we have a mixed usage of ES or Zebra?
19:59 davidnind I find it easy enough to switch when testing elastic search bugs (koha-testing-docker)
20:00 cait tuxayo: i think we already have
20:00 kidclamp bug 24119
20:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24119 major, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , Records indexed into ES during tests are not removed by rollback
20:01 tuxayo cait, davidnind . Good, I was worried that the usage was low and that many ES
20:01 tuxayo bugs could sneak to end user.
20:01 cait i think the ones we find now are too specific often, ES works 'well enough' i don#t notice when i forget to turn it off
20:01 cait but i don't do the real hard stuff in testing
20:02 tuxayo nice!
20:02 cait like importing, merging etc. - unless i test a bug in that area
20:02 kidclamp tuxayo: yes, we are trying to get a broad base of our users testing right now  - once we upgrade to 19.11 we will work on switching to ES6 and finding those bugs, then can focus on support ofr 7/8
20:02 tuxayo Though if we want to catch up with ES versions. That means bugs than the current pace.
20:03 tuxayo kidclamp: very good :D
20:03 tuxayo Would it be worth it to make docker-testing-docker and the DevBox to automatically index ES on startup?
20:03 tuxayo Then it's only a matter of syspref.
20:03 ashimema[m] ptfs-e are starting to migrte customers to es with 19.11 too
20:04 kidclamp es indexing should be added to 'do all you can do'
20:04 kidclamp and need support in sandbox
20:04 kidclamp for indexing es
20:04 cait do we have bugs for thoseß
20:04 cait ?
20:04 ashimema[m] yes.. sandbox support would be good..
20:04 cait we could tag them priority at least
20:04 cait well or gitlab issues
20:04 ashimema[m] but I imagine that could increase system requirements for sandbxoes significantly?
20:04 tcohen ashimema[m] sandboxes should share an ES instance
20:05 kidclamp good idea, less resources
20:05 ashimema[m] I think they might already.. I can't remember what state it's currently in
20:05 ashimema[m] khall is king there.. I just dable with patches now and then
20:05 kidclamp afaik they support es, but users cannot index it
20:06 tuxayo So the proposals would be.
20:06 tuxayo - es indexing should be added to 'do all you can do'
20:06 tuxayo - add support in sandboxes for ES
20:06 tuxayo - ES support in KohaDevBox
20:06 tuxayo Any thing more?
20:06 khall joined #koha
20:06 tcohen I don't get the KohaDevBox item
20:07 tuxayo tcohen: I though KohaDevBox didn't use ES.
20:07 tcohen it does, if you launch vagrant with KOHA_ELASTICSEARCH=1
20:07 tcohen and vars/user.yml lets you change the ES version
20:07 tcohen but someone needs to try setting 6,x and see if the repo works, or needs to be changed in the config
20:08 cait i know the default works
20:08 cait i use it all the time
20:08 tcohen yes, I'm talking about making 6.x the default
20:08 tcohen and what changes are needed
20:08 tcohen re: install repositories, for example
20:09 cait tcohen: that was to tuxayo's question :)
20:09 tuxayo tcohen: Good. So nothing to do about DevBox except the default ES version (when choosing ES, Zebra stays by default)
20:09 tcohen I'm just suggesting someone should volunteer to try and file an issue in Gitlab if we need to change something
20:09 kidclamp I have been using ES6, works in testing docker well
20:10 tcohen kidclamp would you suggest we make it the default?
20:10 kidclamp yes
20:10 kidclamp 100%
20:10 kidclamp definitely
20:10 kidclamp absolutely
20:10 kidclamp :-)
20:10 tuxayo tcohen: okay, I'm noting that. So:
20:10 tuxayo - es indexing should be added to 'do all you can do'
20:10 tcohen #info tcohen will make ES6 the default in koha-testing-docker
20:10 tuxayo - add support in sandboxes for ES
20:10 tuxayo And that's all?
20:11 andreashm joined #koha
20:11 tcohen maybe
20:11 ashimema[m] :)
20:11 tuxayo Great :D
20:11 kidclamp gotta run
20:11 tcohen thanks kidclamp
20:11 ashimema[m] next topic?
20:12 tcohen kidclamp++
20:12 tuxayo yup
20:12 tcohen #topic Review of coding guidelines
20:12 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 May 2020)
20:12 tcohen #info There's a proposal to add aria-hidden="true" in the guidelines
20:13 tcohen #link https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25166
20:13 huginn Bug 25166: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to master , Add aria-hidden = "true" to Font Awesome icons in the OPAC
20:13 * tuxayo tries to understand
20:13 oleonard #info
20:13 tuxayo[…]-hidden_attribute
20:14 oleonard "If you're using an icon to add some extra decoration or branding, it does not need to be announced to users as they are navigating your site or app aurally"
20:14 tuxayo Adding aria-hidden="true" to an element removes that element and all of its children from the accessibility tree.
20:14 tuxayo This can improve the experience for assistive technology users by hiding:
20:14 tuxayo - purely decorative content, such as icons or images
20:14 thd Having worked with people using screen readers, anything to reduce the auditory noise in screen reading should be done.
20:14 tuxayo - duplicated content, such as repeated text
20:14 tuxayo - offscreen or collapsed content, such as menus
20:14 cait so if we have an edit button that is labelled added with a pencil icon,.. we don't need the icon
20:15 tcohen and what about role="button" and aria-label?
20:15 oleonard ....and if we have an icon which is the entire control (no label) we can add aria-label to the <button> or <a> to convey more meaning
20:16 oleonard tcohen: Are you asking about adding guidelines for those attributes?
20:16 tcohen yes
20:16 tcohen I had to read the whole docs to understand cait's QA concern
20:16 tcohen and my conclusion was we should also add those
20:16 tcohen but I ain't no expert in the area
20:17 oleonard tcohen: Nor I, but let's do one thing at a time.
20:17 tcohen agreex
20:17 tuxayo How would the guideline looklike?
20:17 talljoy joined #koha
20:17 tuxayo «Decorative HTML element should have aria-hidden="true"»
20:18 andreashm joined #koha
20:18 thd A user interface which works well with screen readers is difficult to find.  1990s style user interfaces work best with screen readers in my experience.
20:18 oleonard thd please file bugs if you know of areas where we can improve
20:20 cait thd: we had a blind staff person for a while, koha is not super bad from what i was told
20:20 cait can still improve tho :)
20:20 cait screen readers can do a lot nowadays, i was worried when we started to do more ajax in circ, but it worked
20:20 tuxayo «aria-label should be used on elements that have a function but no text. Like icons»
20:20 oleonard tuxayo: I think the guideline should talk specifically of font-awesome icons since that's the most commonly-encountered case in our templates
20:20 tuxayo okay
20:20 thd oleonard: I am not visiting these people currently because of COVID but part of the problem is how the screen reading software is set to work.  I was not working with people experienced at setting screen reading software.
20:21 ashimema[m] it's imminently UK legislation that we abide by aaa accessability guidelines.. reaching that is less than trivial though.. and need regular testing to ensure we hit it..
20:21 tcohen Owen
20:21 tcohen oleonard do you volunteer to put the words for this on the coding guidelines?
20:22 tcohen (sorry)
20:22 oleonard Sure
20:22 thd Koha is definitely not bad for screen readers.  Popular webmail is bad and constantly becoming worse.
20:22 oleonard thd: GMail at least is constantly becoming worse for all of us!
20:22 davidnind as an aside, the WAVE extension for browsers is reasonably good for testing accessibility issues
20:23 * ashimema[m] is about to embark on working through all header tags in the opac to mke sure they are in ascending order...
20:23 * tuxayo wonder how feasible doing some signoffs using a screenreader would be.
20:23 cait if you are  not trained probabl yhard
20:23 cait i listened in on some of it when we did testing
20:24 tuxayo Do we have a place to note resources about testing and devolving accessibility?
20:24 cait quite interesting tho - she has a sign-off in codebase too :)
20:24 tuxayo Like for the tool davidnind mentioned.
20:24 tuxayo > if you are  not trained probabl yhard
20:24 tuxayo Indeed.
20:24 cait not yet i think
20:24 tuxayo documentation team?
20:24 tuxayo ^^
20:25 tuxayo Anything known?
20:25 ashimema[m] sounds like something to add to the dev handbook
20:25 tuxayo There is a dev handbook? :o
20:25 ashimema[m] I'd love to see more guidelines generally for accessability.
20:26 tcohen There's one on the wiki
20:26 ashimema[m] and more automated testing wherever we can
20:26 tuxayo I know my next bed-reading.
20:26 tcohen and khall started one on github we could resurrect
20:26 ashimema[m] it needs lot of updating
20:26 tcohen I would prefer markdown on gitlab for this honestly
20:26 davidnind Interesting, 9 errors on the staff interface home page, and 1 contrast error
20:26 tuxayo > and khall started one on github
20:26 tuxayo A dev handbook?
20:27 oleonard Lots of contrast errors with the OPAC unfortunately. Makes me consider adding some kind of "high contrast" option
20:27 tcohen he wanted to start onw
20:27 tcohen one
20:27 tcohen[…]velopers-handbook
20:27 tcohen it is empty hehe
20:27 tuxayo ^^
20:28 inlibro joined #koha
20:28 oleonard The real developers handbook can only be found within yourself after a spiritual journey
20:28 tuxayo Quote!
20:29 tcohen #actions aria-hidden="true" for FontAwesome icons is approved without objections and oleonard volunteered to write the coding guidelines entry. We will review the wording on the next dev meeting
20:29 ashimema[m] shall we start wrapping this up
20:29 davidnind err, don't look at the catalog folks (16  errors with two search results, and lots of low contrast errors)
20:29 * ashimema[m] is geting tired
20:29 cait i think we need dev docs.. but not sure we need another way of doing things
20:29 cait could be using the manual software be an option?
20:30 cait we could add dev docs on next meeting sagenda
20:30 davidnind I have a plan, I just need a plan to finish the plan!
20:30 ashimema[m] I was just suggesting cleaning up whats in the wiki
20:30 tuxayo Is there something wrong with the wiki version of the book?
20:30 davidnind cait++
20:30 cait yes, hat woudl be a good start too
20:30 cait but i tihk scattering more and more syntaxed is not going to help :)
20:30 cait move on?
20:30 tcohen yes
20:30 tcohen I already wrote the action on this item
20:30 tcohen #topic Set time of next meeting
20:30 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 6 May 2020)
20:31 tcohen need help with this
20:31 tuxayo > yes, hat woudl be a good start too
20:31 tuxayo I though a dev handbook existed in the wiki.
20:31 * tuxayo is getting tired also.
20:31 aleisha joined #koha
20:32 * tuxayo is getting tired also.
20:32 tcohen #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]velopers_Handbook
20:32 tuxayo oops
20:32 ashimema[m] release is aimed at 22nd
20:32 tuxayo tcohen++
20:32 tcohen #info the 20.05 release is aimed at 22nd
20:33 ashimema[m] if we stuck to the 2 week cycle, dev meeting would be 20th
20:33 tcohen is there a special syntax for this?
20:33 tcohen so the script catches it?
20:34 ashimema[m] Next meeting: 20 May 2020, 14 UTC
20:34 ashimema[m] how does that sound?
20:35 ashimema[m] tcohen.. the last #info wit the above syntax wins
20:35 tcohen #info Next meeting: 20 May 2020, 14 UTC
20:35 tcohen thanks
20:35 tcohen :-D
20:35 tcohen thank you all
20:35 tcohen #endmeeting
20:35 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:35 huginn Meeting ended Wed May  6 20:35:42 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:35 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-06-19.10.html
20:35 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]0-05-06-19.10.txt
20:35 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]06-19.10.log.html
20:35 davidnind tcohen++
20:36 oleonard tcohen++
20:36 tuxayo tcohen++
20:36 tuxayo ++all
20:36 cait tcohen++
20:36 tuxayo For being here :D
20:37 tcohen koha++
20:37 tcohen :-D
20:37 ashimema[m] tcohen++
20:37 ashimema[m] thanks everyone
20:37 tcohen Joubu++ # for helping me with bug 25279
20:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25279 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Passed QA , Make the cities list use the API
20:37 ashimema[m] )
20:38 ashimema[m] yeay.. well done getting that one through guys.
20:38 tcohen I'm almost done with 25288
20:38 tcohen bug 25288
20:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25288 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Make the libraries list use the API
20:38 ashimema[m] I shall be pushing a few last bits through tomorrow once I see Jenkins is happily testing agaim
20:38 ashimema[m] hehe
20:38 tuxayo yay :D
20:38 tcohen the only problem is where to put the HTML escaping function
20:39 tcohen as the one we have in staff-global.js
20:39 ashimema[m] and on that note.. I is heading to bed.. been a loong day
20:39 tcohen only works for strings...
20:39 tcohen rest well ashimema[m] !
20:39 tcohen we need the RM healthy!
20:39 tuxayo ashimema: So you have the right to a short day tomorrow. Rest well!
20:40 tuxayo > we need the RM healthy!
20:40 tuxayo yup, for a good release, it's imperative!
20:41 hayley joined #koha
20:43 oleonard Thank you cait for suggesting what is now Bug 25402 back in 2012 :|
20:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25402 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Put OPAC cart download options into dropdown menu
20:43 cait huh?
20:44 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:44 cait what did I do?
20:44 oleonard You suggested the idea for Bug 25402 back in 2012 in a comment on Bug 9073
20:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9073 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, CLOSED FIXED, Download option from the cart should match the menu button in lists
20:44 cait oh, that was good, right?
20:44 cait but even better if i had filed it :)
20:45 oleonard When I wrote the bug report today I thought it was a new idea
20:45 tuxayo oleonard: How did you find cait's comment?
20:45 cait ok, I'll confess
20:45 tuxayo-read-only left #koha
20:45 cait I time travelled to make it look like you stole my idea
20:46 oleonard tuxayo: Bugzilla suggested 9073 as a possible duplicate so I took a look
20:46 tuxayo Wow, nice!
20:46 tuxayo It even found by a comment
20:47 cait bugzilla++ :)
20:47 tcohen @seen dcook
20:47 huginn tcohen: dcook was last seen in #koha 6 days, 8 hours, 4 minutes, and 45 seconds ago: * dcook waves to TimothyAlexis and goes to bed
20:47 tuxayo cait: can you do that and send future versions of Koha in the past? That would be a great help :D
20:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1313: STILL FAILING in 4 min 20 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1313/
20:48 cait that would probably make someone disappear
20:48 cait not gonna risk it
20:49 oleonard If only we knew who would disappear...
20:49 cait heh
20:52 tuxayo cait: ho, you are right!
20:53 tuxayo @karma
20:53 huginn tuxayo: Highest karma: "Joubu" (836), "cait" (794), and "oleonard" (512).  Lowest karma: "-" (-61), "failed" (-43), and "ie" (-38).  You (tuxayo) are ranked 54 out of 1026.
20:54 tuxayo I would be fine with ie disappearing.
20:54 tuxayo however "-" could have terrible side effects.
20:54 davidnind “People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but  *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like  a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.”   ―  Steven Moffat
20:56 davidnind And another: “Shh! Listen! Someone’s coming! I think — I think it might be us!”   ― J.K. Rowling,  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
20:56 tuxayo :o
20:57 davidnind on that note, I'm off - have a great whatever time it is for you :)
20:57 davidnind left #koha
20:58 hayley best two quotes davidnind
20:58 hayley oh missed him
20:59 tuxayo «Steven Moffat: He is best known for his work as showrunner, writer, and executive producer of two BBC One series: the science fiction television series
20:59 tuxayo Doctor Who and the contemporary crime drama television series Sherlock»
20:59 tuxayo That gives more context to the quote ^^
20:59 tcohen @later tell mtj I cannot seem to write on /mnt/nfs/jenkins, if I could we could unlock your server so it runs (say) 4 tasks simultaneously
20:59 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
21:00 khall joined #koha
21:02 hayley yep tuxayo it's a doctor who quote
21:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #124: FAILURE in 7 min 52 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/124/
21:08 ashimema[m] @karma
21:08 huginn ashimema[m]: Highest karma: "Joubu" (836), "cait" (794), and "oleonard" (512).  Lowest karma: "-" (-61), "failed" (-43), and "ie" (-38).  You (ashimema[m]) are ranked 64 out of 1026.
21:08 ashimema[m] karma has dropped.. bad rm
21:09 ashimema[m] Karma?
21:15 cait that's only because of [m]
21:15 cait @karma ashimema
21:15 huginn cait: Karma for "ashimema" has been increased 491 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 491.
21:15 cait see
21:15 cait go to sleep ;)
21:16 ashimema[m] karma ashimema
21:16 wahanui ashimema has karma of 292
21:17 tuxayo We have 3 karma trackers?!
21:17 ashimema[m] @karma ashimema
21:17 huginn ashimema[m]: Karma for "ashimema" has been increased 491 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 491.
21:17 ashimema[m] Stupid [m]
21:17 ashimema[m] I know of two.. what stage third?
21:18 tuxayo @karma ashimema[m]
21:18 huginn tuxayo: ashimema I've exhausted my database of quotes has neutral karma.
21:18 tuxayo !karma
21:18 AnnaBoten Highest karma: "tcohen" (1), "kidclamp" (1), and "sev_q" (1).  Lowest karma: "tcohen" (1), "kidclamp" (1), and "sev_q" (1).
21:18 tuxayo !karma ashimema
21:18 AnnaBoten Karma for "ashimema" has been increased 1 time and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 1.
21:18 ashimema[m] Lol
21:18 ashimema[m] Wow
21:19 ashimema[m] Three
21:19 ashimema[m] !karma tuxayo
21:19 AnnaBoten tuxayo has neutral karma.
21:19 ashimema[m] !tuxayo++
21:20 AnnaBoten tuxayo's karma is now 1
21:20 tuxayo > Highest karma tco kid sev
21:20 ashimema[m] !karma tuxayo
21:20 tuxayo > Lowest karma tco kid sev
21:20 tuxayo he he
21:20 AnnaBoten Karma for "tuxayo" has been increased 1 time and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 1.
21:20 tuxayo !karma
21:20 AnnaBoten Highest karma: "tcohen" (1), "kidclamp" (1), and "sev_q" (1).  Lowest karma: "tcohen" (1), "kidclamp" (1), and "sev_q" (1).  You (tuxayo) are ranked 1 out of 6.
21:20 ashimema[m] Blimey
21:20 tuxayo first!
21:21 ashimema[m] Zzzzzzz
21:21 ashimema[m] Nighty night
21:21 tuxayo o/
21:21 cait i think AnnaBoten sneaked in from Biblibre's chat? not sure where she is counting :)
21:21 tuxayo @karma "ashimema[m]"
21:21 huginn tuxayo: Karma for "ashimema[m]" has been increased 14 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 14.
21:22 tuxayo Ok let's transfert.
21:22 tuxayo ashimema++
21:22 tuxayo ashimema++
21:22 tuxayo ashimema++
21:22 tuxayo ashimema++
21:22 tuxayo ashimema++
21:22 tuxayo ashimema++
21:22 tuxayo ashimema++
21:23 tuxayo ashimema++
21:23 tuxayo ashimema++
21:23 tuxayo ashimema++
21:23 tuxayo ashimema++
21:23 tuxayo ashimema++
21:23 tuxayo ashimema++
21:23 tuxayo ashimema++
21:25 tuxayo We gotta pay accurately our RM with magical internet points.
21:25 tuxayo Couldn't find how to how to set the karma of [m] to 0. So no cheating!
21:26 tuxayo cait: karma is unique to each room. In AnnaBoten 's software at least.
21:26 wahanui is unique to each room. in annaboten 's software at least. has neutral karma
21:27 cait but she has very low values and i think tcohen got more karma in the meeting than she lists
21:27 tuxayo Ho, that's how huginn is learning stuff!
21:27 tuxayo[…]0-05-06#i_2243846
21:27 cait she seems picky at what she counts
21:28 cait hm?
21:28 inlibro joined #koha
21:28 tuxayo The syntax is "!cait++" and nobody uses that here. That's why there are less that ten people with karma
21:28 cait ah i see
21:29 tuxayo !karma cait
21:29 AnnaBoten cait has neutral karma.
21:29 tuxayo !cait++
21:29 AnnaBoten cait's karma is now 1
21:29 tuxayo There is still room in the first rank :D
21:30 caroline joined #koha
21:34 khall joined #koha
21:39 koha-jenkins joined #koha
21:58 khall_ joined #koha
22:19 Marie-Luce joined #koha
22:28 inlibro joined #koha
23:16 kathryn_ joined #koha
23:21 kathryn_ joined #koha
23:22 khall joined #koha
23:28 inlibro joined #koha
23:40 alexbuckley joined #koha
23:59 khall joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary