IRC log for #koha, 2019-10-16

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:13 bdonnahue joined #koha
00:14 inlibro joined #koha
01:00 irma joined #koha
01:14 inlibro joined #koha
02:15 inlibro joined #koha
03:15 inlibro joined #koha
04:15 inlibro joined #koha
04:52 kohaputti joined #koha
05:05 chris joined #koha
05:15 magnuse joined #koha
05:15 inlibro joined #koha
05:42 andreashm joined #koha
05:48 cait joined #koha
06:03 calire joined #koha
06:07 calire1 joined #koha
06:15 inlibro joined #koha
06:21 andreashm joined #koha
06:23 laurence joined #koha
06:33 paul_p joined #koha
06:37 reiveune joined #koha
06:37 reiveune hello
06:39 magnuse bonjour from Lund, Sweden
06:43 sameee joined #koha
06:51 andreashm joined #koha
06:55 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 alex_a Bonjour
07:08 ashimema hey alex_a ... is arthur on irc?
07:08 matts joined #koha
07:08 AnnaBoten joined #koha
07:08 ashimema mornin' #koha
07:09 alex_a ashimema, yes! liliputech_asu is Arthur
07:09 ashimema brill, thanks
07:09 alex_a Morning ashimema :)
07:09 ashimema morning :)
07:09 * ashimema thinks he may need an origin story for that nick one day
07:13 matts joined #koha
07:13 AnnaBoten joined #koha
07:15 inlibro joined #koha
07:16 sophie_m joined #koha
07:17 cait joined #koha
07:18 sophie_m1 joined #koha
07:26 calire1 left #koha
07:32 calire joined #koha
07:33 andreashm joined #koha
07:38 m23 joined #koha
07:38 m23 hi Koha
07:39 fraktik joined #koha
07:41 cait hi m23
07:41 cait hi #koha
07:43 liliputech_asu hi
07:44 liliputech_asu hi #koha
07:44 ashimema just working through bug 23382 and bug 14293 liliputech_asu
07:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23382 critical, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, ASSIGNED , Issuing rules failing after bug 20912
07:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14293 major, P4, ---, koha-bugs, Failed QA , Error in the calculation of the suspension of users per day
07:44 ashimema may request your insights later ;)
07:45 ashimema personally.. it feels like the suspension fixes are in entirely the wrong place to me
07:46 ashimema I think 'chargable units' shouldn't change in how it's calculated.. it's how you then apply those units which is in question.. for suspensions it's clear that the 'charges' need to be handled differently.
07:48 fridos joined #koha
08:06 fridos joined #koha
08:06 ashimema liliputech_asu, my feeling is that hours_between should only return a DateTime::Duration object consisting of 'hours'.. not one that has the full extra bits in minutes etc.
08:07 ashimema (the days_between method does just that)
08:07 ashimema though days between always rounds 'down'.. i.e. it acts like it's been 'floored'
08:08 fridos yolo
08:08 liliputech_asu ashimema: he... last time I tested the patch it was returning the item without even applying restriction to the user...
08:09 ashimema :(
08:09 liliputech_asu ashimema: right now I was on that one : bz23800
08:09 liliputech_asu hi fridos :)
08:10 * fridos not on freedos but whould like ;)
08:11 liliputech_asu free-do :D
08:13 ashimema good luck
08:14 ashimema hmm.. I think I need an american to explain one of these tests to me..
08:15 ashimema anyone understand why for the DST boundary tests we subtract 149 minutes as our test?
08:15 ashimema 149 seems a really odd number
08:15 liliputech_asu ashimema : I'll take a coffee break and get a closer look @14293
08:16 inlibro joined #koha
08:16 ashimema no rush liliputech_asu
08:16 ashimema I've not gotten to that one yet in the scheme of things
08:16 andreashm joined #koha
08:17 andreashm joined #koha
08:19 ashimema does new york loose 2h30 when they do DST.. wow?
08:41 greenjimll joined #koha
08:57 kohaputti joined #koha
08:59 ashimema @later tell magnuse was bug 23173 one you were looking at, be lovely to get it moving again.
08:59 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
08:59 ashimema @later tell tcohen did you get a chance to go any further on QA of bug 22818
08:59 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
09:00 andreashm joined #koha
09:00 ashimema @later tell kidclamp bug 23051 is back to waiting on a reply from you :)
09:00 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
09:01 andreashm joined #koha
09:07 theodoros joined #koha
09:16 inlibro joined #koha
09:19 kohaputti joined #koha
09:31 andreashm joined #koha
10:08 khall joined #koha
10:13 vfernandes joined #koha
10:16 inlibro joined #koha
10:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23516 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Incorrect permissions on could lead to unauthorized hold changes
10:37 Joubu thanks huginn
10:38 ashimema lol
10:38 ashimema yes, we probably should in answer to your question
10:38 ashimema I hadn't spotted that yet
10:48 fridos joined #koha
10:57 laurence joined #koha
11:04 laurence left #koha
11:13 andreashm joined #koha
11:16 inlibro joined #koha
11:30 andreashm joined #koha
11:31 oleonard joined #koha
11:32 oleonard Hi #koha
11:32 ashimema anyone here know wher why we're truncating to minutes all over the place in C4::Circulation?
11:32 calire hi oleonard
11:32 wahanui hi oleopard
11:38 cait becaus smalles unit is minutes for the loan periods? (guessing)
11:41 ashimema it makes datetime math incredibly fragile :(
11:41 alex_a joined #koha
11:56 cait someon using patron import and wants to comment on bug 23733?
11:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23733 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Passwort import explodes when password is too 'weak' and doesn't allow empty passwords anymore
12:03 Joubu ashimema: My guess is that due dates are truncated to minute because their HH:MM are most of the time eq to 23:59[:00?] in DB.
12:04 ashimema I mean.. we literally call `->truncate( to => 'minute' )` on datetime objects all over the place and I can't work out why
12:04 Joubu but I could certainly be improved. Why are you saying it makes datetime math fragile?
12:04 ashimema removing them does make loads of tests fail however..
12:04 ashimema well.. in most cases it's changing the actual object rather than cloning it..
12:05 ashimema and.. we have a mix of modules, some of which expect accurate dates, others don't care
12:05 ashimema for hourly calculations the seconds make a big different..
12:06 ashimema we're calling delta_ms in Koha::Calendar->hours_between
12:06 charles_quain joined #koha
12:06 ashimema so if we happen to pass one date truncated we end up with a different result at the end
12:06 ashimema anywho.. I think i've resolved my issue now
12:11 andreashm joined #koha
12:13 ashimema bug 23382 if your interested where that came from Joubu..
12:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23382 critical, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, ASSIGNED , Issuing rules failing after bug 20912
12:13 ashimema I'm just pushing my last patches there as I type..
12:13 ashimema I have a feeling you're not going to like the last two patches... especially the last one
12:14 andreashm joined #koha
12:15 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:16 Joubu they look ok
12:16 inlibro joined #koha
12:23 * ashimema is just running the entire test suit against that patch set to check I've not inadvertantly broken anything
12:36 calire left #koha
12:39 calire joined #koha
12:50 khall joined #koha
12:57 ashimema OK, I forgot to put that one back to NSO :)
12:57 ashimema it is now
12:58 fridos joined #koha
13:00 thd joined #koha
13:15 ashimema tests pass as a whole too.. woop, woop
13:15 thd Is there a meeting now?
13:16 inlibro joined #koha
13:17 ashimema oops..
13:17 ashimema yes, yes there is meant to be
13:17 ashimema do we actually have anyone present other than you and I thd?
13:17 thd There were some others around in the past hour.
13:17 ashimema anyone around?
13:18 Joubu I am
13:19 Joubu but it's a general meeting, I do not have much to say
13:21 tcohen hola
13:21 cait ist it not meeting time?
13:21 oleonard joined #koha
13:22 cait i am here now
13:23 ashimema #startmeeting General IRC meeting 16 October 2019
13:23 huginn Meeting started Wed Oct 16 13:23:09 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at
13:23 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:23 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 16 October 2019)
13:23 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_16_october_2019'
13:23 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_16_October_2019 Agenda
13:23 ashimema #topic Introductions
13:23 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 16 October 2019)
13:23 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
13:24 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
13:24 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
13:24 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, here for 5 minutes
13:24 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
13:24 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
13:26 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWaterSolutions
13:27 fridos joined #koha
13:27 cait fridos: meetng time :)
13:28 ashimema #topic Announcements
13:28 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 16 October 2019)
13:28 ashimema #info Release dates are out, check the community calendar
13:28 ashimema #link Calendar
13:28 fridos #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
13:29 * fridos whould like to discuss on Bug 23414
13:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23414 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Improve performance of C4/XSLT/buildKohaItemsNamespace
13:29 fridos last comment
13:29 ashimema #info Testing of Debian 10 has been added to Jenkins, some packaing issue need resolving before we can call it a supported release.
13:29 fridos ashimema: is there a Bug nb already ?
13:29 ashimema any other announcements from anyone?
13:30 thd Koha Wiki database migration from Postgres to MySQL has been tested to work without errors or warnings for the past week.  Three columb sizes had to increase.
13:30 ashimema for D10.. I don't believe so yet
13:30 ashimema #info Koha Wiki database migration from Postgres to MySQL has been tested to work without errors or warnings for the past week.  Three columb sizes had to increase.
13:30 thd I am currently checking $wgDBmysql5 to avoid database corruption.
13:31 ashimema #topic Update on releases
13:31 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 16 October 2019)
13:31 ashimema rmaints?
13:31 wahanui rmaints is fridolin, lucas and wizzyrea
13:31 andreash_ joined #koha
13:31 fridos yep 19.05.x is a bit late on master
13:31 ashimema #info 19.11 is coming along nicely, it's been a slow cycle but we're not in bad shape. SO and QA are picking up now we're nearing the end of the cycle.
13:32 andreash_ joined #koha
13:32 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:33 ashimema #info 19.05.x is trailing master a little, but generally in good condition.
13:33 fridos ashimema: do you know when we start peparing roles for next cycle ?
13:34 ashimema #info Other maintained branches continue to tick along.
13:34 ashimema I was going to ask that today actually
13:34 ashimema #topic General discussion
13:34 Topic for #koha is now General discussion (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 16 October 2019)
13:35 cait fridos: your bug?
13:35 fridos its not linked to my RMaint work
13:35 ashimema I intend to add the roles for 20.05 page later today
13:35 fridos cool
13:35 ashimema Lets start drumming up interest for the next team
13:36 fridos i think i may apply for an old(old)stable to be there for ES
13:36 ashimema probably with elections next meeting.. that'll fall in line with the usual scheme
13:36 ashimema #info The 20.05 roles page will be available for people to add their names before the end of the day.
13:37 ashimema #info Intention is to hold the election at the next general meeting.
13:37 cait ashimema++
13:37 ashimema frido++
13:37 fridos ashimema++
13:37 * fridos as to look at security bugs that whould come in next 19.05.x
13:38 ashimema general discussion.. there was a bug you wanted to talk about fridos  , now's a good time ;)
13:38 fridos yep oki
13:38 fridos see last comment https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g.cgi?id=23414#c4
13:38 huginn Bug 23414: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Improve performance of C4/XSLT/buildKohaItemsNamespace
13:38 fridos it seems we need to make a decision, whether to use the data from Zebra, or use the one on the DB
13:39 fridos in my opinion its crazy to use the datas from zebra
13:39 cait can you explain a bit more?
13:39 fridos and how does it work with ES ...
13:39 cait are we talking result list or detail page?
13:39 fridos staff search shows items left hand
13:40 cait and I have been told there is a performance benefit of using zebra for item data i think
13:40 fridos those info come from indexed record
13:40 ashimema interesting
13:40 cait it's true
13:40 cait that's why youc an recognize an old index by different status of items between detail and results
13:40 fridos i bet the performance is to be proved
13:40 fridos (with a good DB cache)
13:40 cait i've just been told by somene it was a goal to save he data for display in elastic
13:40 kidclamp I think in the future using the data from the search engine would be ideal - we update it on every item change, why do we not trust it?
13:40 cait i think i've been also told it's why our searches with zebra are slow
13:41 cait that we do too much processing/db stuff on top
13:41 fridos indeed but i think only when ES will be the major searchengine
13:41 fridos there are known issues when too much items
13:42 kidclamp I think as tcohen  pointed out, some of this can be done later, but I think this offers an imporvement now
13:42 ashimema does zebra not hold a suitaly up to date copy of this data at the moment then?
13:42 kidclamp the searchResults subroutine has a lot of weirdness, trying to clean it up slowly
13:42 fridos yep the bug itself is great
13:42 * ashimema hasn't read this code yet
13:43 kidclamp tcohen about? he is working on this area in a larger sense
13:43 ashimema I'm thinking we create a bug to detail a general move towards fetching from the search index only... feels like as we're hitting that to start with and assuming the data is all returned there why do additional calls outside
13:44 ashimema he's in another meeting
13:44 ashimema lets open another bug for the next stages and detail the discussion there.
13:45 ashimema let this bug get moving as it's already and improvement.
13:45 ashimema #info We agreed to move forward with bug 23414 and add a new bug to discus a general decision on where to pull data from in the future.
13:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23414 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Improve performance of C4/XSLT/buildKohaItemsNamespace
13:46 fridos ++
13:46 kidclamp ++
13:47 ashimema #topic Set time of next meeting
13:47 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 16 October 2019)
13:48 ashimema November 13th suit people?
13:48 thd +1
13:49 ashimema strictly we should make it a late one to include the NZ croud to follow the pattern
13:50 ashimema as we're taking the vote for the next team.. do we want to stick with the late slot?
13:50 cait it#s not too bad now with dls
13:50 cait daylight savings
13:50 cait i think
13:51 cait for europe, but sitll outside of normal work hours
13:52 thd Daylight savings change in the autumn should make the same late UTC time worse for attending.
13:53 cait i meant europe and nz will be 10 instead of 12 hours apart
13:53 ashimema 13 November, 21:00 UTC.. that's 9pm London, 4pm New York, 10am Wellington
13:53 thd Perhaps we should change for 1 hour UTC earlier to have a consistent local time.
13:54 ashimema kidclamp.. how does that fit with Bywater afternoon meetings?
13:54 thd Or do I have it backwards?
13:54 ashimema 20:00 better for people in general?
13:54 ashimema[…]2=179&p3=264&iv=0
13:54 thd I may have it backwards
13:54 fridos 20 or 21 for me is good
13:54 kidclamp no all staff meetings at 4pm
13:54 ashimema I cheated ;)
13:55 kidclamp but I can't speak for individual calendars
13:55 ashimema so 3pm would be better for you guys..
13:56 ashimema trying to avoid you're all staff ;)
13:56 thd One hour UTC later gives the same local time as recently.
13:56 kidclamp kyle usually gone by 3, but that works
13:56 * ashimema prefers one hour earlier personally.. else it's a rather late one in london ;)
13:57 ashimema lets stick to 20:00.. it's a pretty reasonably slot for all
13:57 thd Does 1 hour earlier work in Wellington?
13:57 ashimema 9am
13:58 ashimema I believe so.. we're had them around at that time before
13:58 ashimema #info Next meeting: 13 November 2019, 20:00 UTC
13:58 thd Is 9am in the middle of commuting or just after>
13:58 thd ?
13:58 ashimema we'll stick to that for now and I'll ask rangi later to confirm it's OK
13:58 Joubu ho, I had a topic actually :D
13:59 ashimema just after commuting
13:59 Joubu but please end it :)
13:59 ashimema ooh..
13:59 ashimema fire away Joubu..
13:59 ashimema I've not called it yet ;)
13:59 Joubu "request to be added to paid support"
13:59 ashimema #topic More general discussion
13:59 Topic for #koha is now More general discussion (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 16 October 2019)
13:59 Joubu we/you should answer, at least give an answer
14:00 Joubu remove the list, update it, freeze it, whatever you want. But these guys should get an answer
14:00 caroline_catlady joined #koha
14:00 ashimema where do the requests go?
14:00 cait there have been quite a lot lately
14:00 caroline_catlady good morning!
14:00 cait i am not sure if they have been added
14:00 ashimema just on the mailing list or is there any more formal route?
14:00 cait the mailing list ist the defined formal rout
14:00 cait e
14:01 cait #link[…]ow-to-get-listed/
14:01 ashimema and is it listed as anyone's role to reply?
14:01 ashimema perhaps we should more formally assign that job as part of someone's role ;)
14:01 cait i think liz was the one to add usually, - i am not sure someone else knows to how to do it
14:02 cait I thnk we have a general problem there - witht he add to listing
14:02 cait i've seen oens that had the link
14:02 ashimema realistically the website maintanence should really be under a particular role.. it all needs keeping up with.
14:02 Joubu Also, I had a list of entries to remove
14:02 andreashm joined #koha
14:03 cait i am happy to help - but the plugin for the listing is a mystery to me
14:03 cait kidclamp: is LIz around?
14:03 ashimema indeed.. it's not at all obvious
14:03 cait it was 3-4 requets in the last 6-8 weeks or so
14:04 ashimema I'll add a role to the next cycle so we have a formal 'go to' person for managing such things.. at the moment you just have to happen to know that Liz does most of it.
14:05 cait i think we may need instructions
14:05 cait there is people who can edit the website - if we knew how to
14:05 ashimema indeed.. need liz to reply
14:06 Joubu not sure the name of the person in charge of that list should be public :D
14:06 ashimema #info We need to sort out a process for maintaining the 'paid support list' on the website
14:06 cait but the person responsible needs towatch the mailing list for requests .)
14:07 ashimema well.. I was more thinking of a go to person for general website maintanence
14:08 cait ok
14:08 ashimema I think we're pretty much done meeting wise.. we can continue this conversation after of course
14:08 ashimema #endmeeting
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:08 huginn Meeting ended Wed Oct 16 14:08:47 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:08 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-10-16-13.23.html
14:08 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-10-16-13.23.txt
14:08 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]16-13.23.log.html
14:10 thd We could specify a code to appear in the subject heading on mailing list for catching requests in an automated manner.
14:11 Joubu And also ask where is the link to the community website
14:14 andreashm joined #koha
14:16 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
14:16 ashimema https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_20.05 page now exists
14:17 inlibro joined #koha
14:35 andreash_ joined #koha
14:35 andreash_ joined #koha
14:39 calire left #koha
14:44 oleonard ashimema++ # for continuing as RM
14:44 oleonard I think having that 2-year reign is a good pattern to keep up
14:44 oleonard Especially since it lengthens the time until we run out of people who are willing to do the job
14:45 CrispyBran joined #koha
14:49 oleonard Hi CrispyBran
14:49 cait oleonard++ ashimema++
14:51 oleonard cait++
14:57 * oleonard brb
14:59 andreashm joined #koha
15:03 oleonard joined #koha
15:04 oleonard It's a bummer koha-testing-docker isn't working for me, but I'm happy to report that enabling filename case sensitivity in Windows works well when I'm using kohadevbox
15:09 ashimema jajm: are you still working on bug 22922 ?
15:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22922 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Failed QA , Allow to modify hold and hold expiration date in staff
15:11 jajm ashimema, not at the moment, and probably not next week neither
15:13 ashimema okies
15:13 ashimema it's one I'd love to have seen cross the finish line for 19.11 ;)
15:14 lisettelatah joined #koha
15:17 inlibro joined #koha
15:26 reiveune bye
15:26 reiveune left #koha
15:27 paul_p joined #koha
15:46 cait left #koha
16:17 inlibro joined #koha
16:30 lukeG joined #koha
16:42 cait joined #koha
17:17 inlibro joined #koha
17:17 BobB joined #koha
17:33 wizzyrea joined #koha
18:17 inlibro joined #koha
18:30 caroline_crazycatlady joined #koha
18:52 kathryn joined #koha
18:54 lisettelatah joined #koha
19:10 caroline_catlady joined #koha
19:17 inlibro joined #koha
19:40 lukeG joined #koha
20:18 inlibro joined #koha
20:19 Marie-Luce joined #koha
20:32 hayley joined #koha
20:37 hayley hi koha people, I have need for help and sorry if this is obvious but I am quite new. I'm testing a cronjob I've written at the moment but am having trouble testing it in the devbox. I have put an entry in /etc/cron.d/koha-common that should call my script, and done restart_all. Is there a step I am missing?
20:56 wizzyrea ashimema, about
20:57 wizzyrea hi hayley, what does the line look like in you rscript
20:57 wizzyrea in the crontab
20:57 wizzyrea if it's invalid, the koha-common cron won't run so it'd be good to check that first
21:00 hayley ahh it was a silly mistake, I had forgotten to copy my script to where the cronjob was looking -facepalm- thanks for your help wizzyrea! :)
21:01 hayley it's always something silly like that!
21:02 andreashm joined #koha
21:02 andreash_ joined #koha
21:07 wizzyrea heheh it always is!
21:07 wizzyrea i'm glad you got it sorted
21:18 inlibro joined #koha
22:18 inlibro joined #koha
23:05 mkstephens joined #koha
23:09 mkstephens Is there anyone around who might be able to help me get Koha Testing Docker up and running on Windows?
23:18 inlibro joined #koha
23:24 bag hmm never done it on windows
23:24 bag are you getting errors?
23:25 mkstephens yes. the koha_1 container won't start
23:25 mkstephens "/kohadevbox/ /usr/sbin/koha-create: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory"
23:26 mkstephens I know I need to get rid of the ^M, but not sure how to edit the file
23:27 bag huh - looking
23:38 mtj mkstephens: try doing your git clone like this..
23:38 mtj $ git clone[…]esting-docker.git --config core.autocrlf=false
23:39 mkstephens_ joined #koha
23:41 mtj aah, that might need to be 'true'
23:43 mtj so info..
23:43 mtj[…]ings-9aced07d70f8
23:43 mtj some
23:45 mtj[…]n-windows-gotchas
23:45 mtj hmm, perhaps the .gitattributes fix might work
23:46 mtj # Ensure shell script uses LF.
23:46 mtj Dockerfile  eol=lf
23:46 mtj *.sh        eol=lf
23:47 mtj .. then try a fresh git clone
23:49 mtj
23:49 mtj hmm, seems to be an ongoing problem
23:54 mtj[…]docker/issues/140
23:54 mtj similar problem ^

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary