IRC log for #koha, 2019-10-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:42 corilynn now that I have figured out how to right reports with SQL the world is my oyster!
00:43 corilynn muahahahahaha
00:44 corilynn write... not right... ugh, it's been a long day
00:45 inlibro joined #koha
00:48 bdonnahue joined #koha
01:45 inlibro joined #koha
02:45 inlibro joined #koha
03:22 bag corilynn++
03:46 inlibro joined #koha
04:46 inlibro joined #koha
05:07 chris joined #koha
05:14 cait joined #koha
05:46 inlibro joined #koha
05:57 JesseM_ joined #koha
06:03 calire joined #koha
06:11 cait joined #koha
06:11 cait good morning #koha
06:34 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14669: (RM follow-up) Ensure updated include compiles <[…]ab5279d51264dce8a>
06:34 andreashm joined #koha
06:35 andreashm joined #koha
06:46 inlibro joined #koha
06:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #22: STILL FAILING in 13 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D10/22/
06:52 reiveune joined #koha
06:53 cait Updated demo page for Bywater (19.05) and Calyx (18.11) on the website (
06:53 reiveune hello
06:53 wahanui what's up, reiveune
06:56 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 alex_a Bonjour
06:56 wahanui salut, alex_a
07:01 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:03 sophie_m joined #koha
07:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #912: STILL UNSTABLE in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/912/
07:08 kohaputti joined #koha
07:13 paul_p joined #koha
07:13 sev_q joined #koha
07:15 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:15 wahanui Congratulations!
07:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #391: FIXED in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/391/
07:25 ashimema mornin' #koha
07:30 fridolin joined #koha
07:30 fridolin yolo
07:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #454: STILL UNSTABLE in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/454/
07:45 laurence joined #koha
07:45 laurence left #koha
07:46 inlibro joined #koha
07:46 alex_a joined #koha
07:52 ashimema @seen drojf
07:52 huginn ashimema: drojf was last seen in #koha 45 weeks, 0 days, 12 hours, 37 minutes, and 38 seconds ago: <drojf> -s
07:53 alex_a__ joined #koha
07:53 ashimema yowsers
07:53 * andreashm waves
07:54 sophie_m joined #koha
07:56 alex_a joined #koha
08:08 nlegrand joined #koha
08:09 * ashimema thinks it could be a challenge to find someone with the expertise he thinks is needed to get the tests passing... Elastic + Zebra + Packaging + Docker.. lol
08:13 andreashm difficult combo, yes
08:29 ashimema I'm thinking tcohen + kidclamp will be the winning combo :)
08:29 ashimema just need to wait for them to wake up in their timezones
08:30 cait :
08:30 cait :)
08:33 nlegrand hey
08:35 cait hi nlegrand!
08:35 cait does someone remember the bug adding languages to xslt?
08:42 paxed bug 23783?
08:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23783 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Show languages from MARC21 field 041 in OPAC
08:42 cait oh!
08:42 cait i just filed that one :)
08:42 cait i found your old one for staff - bug 20364
08:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20364 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, RESOLVED FIXED, Show languages from MARC21 field 041 in intranet
08:43 paxed we don't use koha opac in finland, so haven't touched that side
08:43 cait that's ok, that's why I filed a new bug
08:43 cait i hope to get to it - but probably not anytime soon
08:43 cait you already did the 'hard' part
08:44 cait I just remembered sometthing was already done and was looking for it - we are behind in the version
08:44 paxed (the national library of finland provides unified opac front-end to all finnish libraries:
08:44 cait Finna - I've heard about it :)
08:44 ashimema cool
08:45 cait paxed: as you are here - is there a project summary or similar maybe?
08:45 paxed cait: ...for?
08:45 cait working on slides (again... *sigh) and woudl like to highlight that project
08:45 paxed oh, for finna
08:45 cait mor efor the koha project
08:45 cait sorry, i was not clear
08:46 inlibro joined #koha
08:47 paxed eeh... not really, no. and is all the public-facing stuff we have. (plus but that's mostly for internal use)
08:51 paxed the national library is actually organizing a small hackathon on the 22nd in Helsinki, and a seminar on the 23rd-24th (not just about Koha, but other stuff too)
08:53 vfernandes joined #koha
08:53 cait thank you for the links, maybe I can use some of the twitter announcements
08:55 Nemo_bis paxed: nice :)
08:56 paxed[…]hon+ti+22.10.2019
08:57 kohaputti joined #koha
08:57 paxed and kohaputti could probably answer questions about the national library side of things, as he's working there
09:06 nlegrand joined #koha
09:10 nlegrand cait: hiya!
09:22 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:47 inlibro joined #koha
10:15 kidclamp ashimema: looks like its all the paths/config stuff
10:16 ashimema yup
10:16 kidclamp can we use 'adjust_paths_dev_install" in the tests?
10:17 kidclamp I will wait for tcohen tpo :-)
10:17 ashimema er...
10:19 ashimema hehe
10:20 ashimema i get the feeling it's probably not hard to fix.. I just don't know how ;)
10:20 khall joined #koha
10:20 ere joined #koha
10:47 inlibro joined #koha
11:03 marcelr joined #koha
11:03 marcelr hi #koha
11:28 vfernandes hi #koha
11:33 fridolin1 joined #koha
11:34 fridolin joined #koha
11:35 fridolin hi
11:35 oleonard joined #koha
11:36 oleonard Hey
11:37 ashimema bug 15260
11:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15260 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Signed Off , Option for extended loan with useDaysMode
11:37 alex_a joined #koha
11:40 vfernandes it's possible to set the hold pickup library to always be the library where the item is?
11:42 oleonard vfernandes: There's a preference for the OPAC,  OPACAllowUserToChooseBranch
11:43 andreashm joined #koha
11:43 oleonard vfernandes: And there's a setting in Circulation and fine rules, "Default holds policy by item type"
11:44 khall joined #koha
11:45 vfernandes oleonard: in "Default holds policy by item type" what is the best configuration?
11:46 vfernandes Hold policy -> From any library
11:46 vfernandes Hold pickup library match -> Item's home library
11:46 oleonard That sounds right to me
11:47 vfernandes Return policy -> Item floats (it can be returned in any library)
11:47 inlibro joined #koha
11:48 vfernandes Hold pickup library match -> Item's home library ..... this forces the pickup library to always be the item's home library?
11:49 oleonard I believe so vfernandes, though I don't know that I've tested it myself
11:51 andreashm joined #koha
11:58 nlegrand joined #koha
11:59 khall joined #koha
12:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #392: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/392/
12:08 laurence joined #koha
12:09 laurence left #koha
12:09 JesseM joined #koha
12:09 ashimema very interesting.. Ubuntu ships with Yaz5, so the tests pass there
12:10 oleonard As a Windows user file name case changes in git are the bane of my existence.
12:11 eythian I feel this is a pain you bring upon yourself
12:12 ashimema lol
12:12 eythian oleonard: also,[…]rs-on-windows-10/
12:12 oleonard Complaining here about using Windows is a pain I bring upon myself
12:13 oleonard But thank you for the link eythian
12:14 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:22 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #913: STILL UNSTABLE in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/913/
12:36 oleonard joined #koha
12:47 inlibro joined #koha
12:51 khall joined #koha
12:55 ashimema man I'm bad with timezones at the moment
12:57 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Anyone know what this error message means?" (10 lines) at
12:57 fridolin1 joined #koha
12:58 ashimema just realised I've scheduled the development meeting during my school run
12:58 ashimema fun times
13:03 davidnind[m] joined #koha
13:04 tcohen hi all
13:07 Marie-Luce joined #koha
13:14 tcohen am I the only one with a weird problem with t/Koha/SearchEngine/ElasticSearch/QueryBuilder.t on his repository?
13:15 ashimema hi tcohen
13:15 ashimema I think that one is running fine for me
13:15 oleonard I was just complaining about the file name case change tcohen, but I'm a Windows-using peasant
13:16 ashimema it's Z2950Responder that's failing for me.. I know why but need help fixing it..
13:16 ashimema passes in Ubuntu though.. as that has Yaz5..
13:16 ashimema but out debs dont and as such are more picky about config file paths
13:17 tcohen
13:21 * tcohen is about to remove the whole clone
13:23 fridolin joined #koha
13:27 caroline_catlady good morning!
13:29 oleonard tcohen: Any idea what might be going on here?
13:30 oleonard Hi caroline_catlady
13:32 tcohen maybe something in .env that isn't quoted?
13:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23626: Add missing TT failure <[…]50edfa070c42cafce>
13:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23778: Regression: Guarantor entry section no longer has a unique id <[…]a6d0888f1dcf871cf>
13:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23626: [alternate] Default to including all rows <[…]00ac793d7078a2686>
13:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23626: Only fetch full chart data if requested <[…]89ff8c291f07f6716>
13:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22997: Unit test <[…]59110ce01d8e70afd>
13:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22927: Do not check an already lost item when marked as withdrawn or damaged <[…]9f3cf7525961666ef>
13:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 22997: Searching gives no results in <[…]284616791fd5cd380>
13:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #23: STILL FAILING in 7 min 50 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D10/23/
13:44 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 17179: DBRev <[…]e66d665857f8b8db0>
13:44 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 17179: (follow-up) Add to keyboard_shortcuts.sql <[…]b1fe4489ec51cea8b>
13:44 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 17179: (follow-up) Correct typos, add default select. <[…]16bdfaa85374d19c4>
13:44 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 17179: Add keyboard shortcuts to repeat (duplicate) a field, and cut text <[…]775748a6cb8dc94b2>
13:47 ashimema we should make huggin more intelligent.. he should really only list bugs once.. not once per commit
13:47 inlibro joined #koha
13:52 thd joined #koha
13:52 khall is anyone having issues with the Koha git repo? I tried to check out a fresh clone and got this:
13:52 khall warning: the following paths have collided (e.g. case-sensitive paths
13:52 khall on a case-insensitive filesystem) and only one from the same
13:52 khall colliding group is in the working tree:
13:52 khall 't/Koha/SearchEngine/ElasticSearch/QueryBuilder.t'
13:52 khall 't/Koha/SearchEngine/Elasticsearch/QueryBuilder.t'
13:53 oleonard Yup
13:53 khall :\
13:54 ashimema tcohen had that too
13:54 ashimema I is confused
13:54 ashimema all if fine for me..
13:54 khall did tcohen find a solution?
13:54 khall I know tcohen and I are using Macs
13:54 tcohen I didn't
13:54 tcohen yet
13:55 ashimema interesting
13:55 ashimema I have t/Koha/SearchEngine/Elasticsearch and t/Koha/SearchEngine/ElasticSearch dirs here
13:55 oleonard khall: I thought Macs didn't have case sensitivity problems
13:56 ashimema looks like it's 20334 that caused the issue
13:57 khall oleonard You can choose case sensitive or insensitive when creating the filesystem
13:57 cait irc meetings
13:57 khall I must have chosen insensitive
13:57 ashimema hmm, maybe not
13:57 cait next meetings
13:57 wahanui next meetings is, like, https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
13:57 ashimema the two files are rather more different that I thought
13:58 cait khall: bag had this problem yesterday
13:59 cait i don't have it - running Debian
13:59 * tcohen feels relieved is not the only one
13:59 oleonard After enabling case sensitivity on the kohaclone directory(Windows 10) I'm getting new problems, so I dunno...
13:59 cait well Ubuntu, sorry (other computer)
13:59 cait meeting in a minute?
13:59 ashimema not sure if it will help or not but I'm happy to merge ElasticSearch/QueryBuilder.t and Elasticsearch/QueryBuilder.t here and push
14:00 tcohen thanks ashimema
14:01 ashimema ok.. lets postpone the dev meeting for an hour.. that'll give me time to push this and collect kids from school ;)
14:01 khall ashimema please do!
14:01 talljoy joined #koha
14:02 cait i'll miss it then - but just... QA!
14:02 cait oh and FIX BUGS!
14:02 cait (dentist)
14:02 ashimema oh.. sorry cait
14:02 cait taht's alright
14:02 cait actually happy to havean hour more at my desk for tickets
14:04 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20334: (RM follow-up) Fix test for case insensative filesystems <[…]a4b221d018311a6cd>
14:04 ashimema OK, a quick merge and push done
14:05 ashimema ack..
14:05 ashimema hold that..
14:05 ashimema there's a second file he added in there.. I need to sort that one too
14:05 marcelr joined #koha
14:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #914: STILL UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/914/
14:08 calire left #koha
14:08 ashimema right..
14:08 ashimema should be better now
14:08 ashimema care to try it tcohen, oleonard ?
14:09 * oleonard cares to
14:10 ashimema for anyone who may have just arrived.. we're posponing the dev meeting by an hour whilst we fixup a git issue on master
14:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #24: STILL FAILING in 4 min 50 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D10/24/
14:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #455: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/455/
14:14 tcohen ashimema: YAY! THanks
14:14 tcohen it is fixed
14:14 tcohen git fetch; git reset —hard origin/master
14:14 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20334: (RM follow-up) Fix test for case insensative filesystems 2 <[…]e62c2651954beb428>
14:15 * oleonard is tracking and doesn't have the update yet
14:15 cait :)
14:15 * oleonard doesn't know if that's still the preferred repo
14:18 tcohen hahaha
14:18 oleonard :|
14:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #25: STILL FAILING in 6 min 37 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D10/25/
14:21 ashimema Not sure how we can easily avoid that in the future.. it's super easy to miss
14:22 ashimema should update pretty quick
14:30 * oleonard performs a hard reset by dousing his PC with gasoline and setting it alight
14:31 tcohen hahahahaha
14:31 tcohen the gitlab mirror should update regularly, right?
14:32 eythian oleonard:
14:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #393: SUCCESS in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/393/
14:33 oleonard You're right eythian I should check whether the floppy is really in there
14:37 oleonard Oh wait this is just an old copy of Zork 1
14:38 eythian poor oleonard, he's been eaten by a grue.
14:40 oleonard I don't understand what's going on... Still getting this " invalid config file .git/config" error from docker...
14:41 ashimema the gitlab mirror is dead tcohen
14:42 ashimema the repo is too big for gitlab
14:42 tcohen maybe we could only sync master?
14:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #915: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/915/
14:47 inlibro joined #koha
14:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #456: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/456/
14:59 oleonard joined #koha
14:59 ashimema right
14:59 ashimema now where were we
15:00 ashimema #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019
15:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Oct  9 15:00:51 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at
15:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_9_october_2019'
15:01 ashimema #topic Introductions
15:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
15:01 ashimema Sorry for the delay all.. the git repo is happy again at least :)
15:01 reiveune bye
15:01 reiveune left #koha
15:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:02 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio
15:03 ashimema Quiet today
15:04 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:04 ashimema well.. people will join us when they're ready.. so lets move on to busines
15:04 ashimema #topic Announcements
15:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:04 bag tcohen and khall I had the same thing yesterday
15:04 corilynn #info Cori Lynn Arnold, DGI (lurking)
15:04 bag never found a fix (still reading through the scrollback)
15:04 bag ahh meeting time (sorry)
15:04 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
15:04 ashimema haha, no worries baf
15:05 ashimema bag, even
15:05 bag baf - lol
15:05 ashimema I fixed git btw.. so you shoudn't have that issue any more
15:05 bag oh sweet :)
15:05 ashimema #info Freeze dates email will be going out tonight, provisional dates are already in the calendar
15:06 ashimema #link Calendar
15:06 oleonard Got the link to today's agenda handy ashimema?
15:06 ashimema #info If you noticed an issue with the git repositories over the last 24 hours, please be aware the issue should now be resolved.
15:06 cait left #koha
15:06 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_9_October_2019 Agenda
15:07 ashimema oops.. I always forget to do that :S
15:07 ashimema it's a very sparse one.. I looked back at the past coupe of agenda's and couldn't see anything that really needed bringing forward.. but please add anything if you want to
15:08 thd There is an issue which tcohen would like us to resolve but is he absent again?
15:08 ashimema anyone else have any anouncements they'd like to minute?
15:08 thd He was here at the original meeting time.
15:09 ashimema I've poked him in slack, with any luck he'll magically appear
15:09 ashimema but for now
15:10 ashimema #info Update from the Release manager
15:10 ashimema #info The release is starting to take shape and provisional dates are now set
15:10 ashimema #info Feature slush is scheduled for the 30th November - Thats three weeks today
15:11 edveal joined #koha
15:11 ashimema #info Feature freeze is scheduled for the 6th November - One week later
15:11 ashimema #info String freeze is scheduled for the 13th November - One week later again
15:11 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
15:12 ashimema #info Release all being well will be the 27th November - Giving two weeks for translations.
15:13 ashimema It's been a slow cycle, I did some statistics at the Hackfest and we've pushed less than half the bugs compared to the last three releases.
15:13 ashimema I'm hopeing it's a blip and we'll be back up to speed for the 20.05 cycle.
15:14 ashimema Having asked around I believe all the big contributors have simply been run off their feet with deployments and customers this cycle.
15:14 ashimema Jonathan D being away has also not helped on the numbers front.
15:15 ashimema #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
15:15 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:15 ashimema fridolin: Over to you..
15:15 fridolin yop
15:15 fridolin 19.05.x is at v19.05.05
15:15 fridolin i think everything is fine
15:16 fridolin we prepare for a release before next cyrcle
15:16 fridolin maybe embed security fixes in it
15:17 bag joubu should be back soon :)
15:17 oleonard We have a lot of bugs which I think should be 'resolved fixed' but I'm not sure
15:17 ashimema #info 19.05.x is at 19.05.05 presently and is feeling reliable and stable
15:17 oleonard I think some cleanup needs to be done
15:18 ashimema #topic Updates from the QA team
15:18 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:18 ashimema #info Pace seems to have picked up the last week, keep it up :)
15:18 ashimema #topic General development discussion
15:18 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:19 ashimema #info oleonard notes that there is a large number of bugs that appear to need updating to 'RESOLVED FIXED'
15:19 ashimema #action ashimema will look into this prior to the next cycle starting
15:20 fridolin yep
15:20 ashimema #info We should have Joubu back for the next cycle, which should get the numbers back on track
15:20 fridolin its usually for Rmmait of oldoldstable
15:20 ashimema tcohen.. did you appear again yet?
15:21 * fridolin was wondering about versions in pottle
15:21 fridolin shoud we close versions < 18.05 ?
15:21 ashimema I believe there's a process in place which cait and rangi usually do to mark bugs as RESOLVED FIXED in bulk.. it relies on them disabling email notifications behind the scenes so we don't spam everyone.
15:21 wizzyrea joined #koha
15:21 * ashimema has a script to do the change, but won't run it for fear of spamming everyone on bugzilla
15:22 oleonard Speaking of rmaints, hi wizzyrea
15:22 ashimema #info Fridolin raises that pootle still contains a number of officially unsupported koha versions.. perhaps we should tidy up there too.
15:23 fridolin on 20.05 start
15:23 thd Go ahead and spam me.  The whole multiverse does :)
15:23 fridolin ^^
15:24 fridolin french translation group did a great job during hackfest but was not sure on which version to work
15:25 ashimema #info I'm contemplating a 'fail fast' attitude early next cycle.. still to be fleshed out and discussed.. but the initial thoughts are that I will push some more experimental bugs (on developer request and my own judgement) early in the release with the expectation of getting quick followups for any breakage.  Idea being it helps alleviate some of the QA backlog of the most technical bugs where we don't have so many people capable of
15:25 ashimema understanding the code to qa it.
15:25 thd People should at least be satisfied in the knowledge that their work on translation will actually be used.
15:26 ashimema any other general discussion points from anyone?
15:27 ashimema ok.. moving on then
15:27 ashimema #topic Review of coding guidelines
15:27 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:27 wizzyrea kia ora
15:28 ashimema tcohen raises the question of whether we should start officially deprecating the /svc api namespace.
15:29 ashimema #info tcohen raises the question of whether we should start officially deprecating the /svc api namespace.
15:29 bag perhaps adding to that - who is using it?
15:29 ashimema generally I feel this is a direction we should be moving, but we need to be somewhat pragmatic about it..
15:29 thd Is anyone known to currently use svc?
15:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #394: SUCCESS in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/394/
15:30 ashimema a few area's of the front end use it.. I think it's mostly used internally though a small number of things are more publically documented.
15:30 oleonard We have our hold slips set up to use svc/barcode
15:30 ashimema one example is the reports apis.. I believe catalyst customers use those reasonably frequently
15:31 ashimema I would certainly back a move to stop adding to/enhanceing existing /svc and block all new /svc
15:32 oleonard +1
15:32 ashimema one area I see needing attention would be the few datatables that use /svc for their ajax implimentation..
15:32 ashimema our rest api's don't lend themselves to 'the datatables way'.. but I'm sure there are work arounds available to us
15:32 thd Deprecation should be a long process where there is any reasonable belief that there are users who have not converted to the replacement and the replacement should be certain to satisfy all the needs of existing users.
15:33 bag I think the oclc connexion client uses /svc
15:33 bag and maybe marcedit?
15:33 ashimema perhaps one to bring in for the next cycle with a new coding guideline and qa scripts to capture
15:34 ashimema good points bag.. I'd forgotten about marcedit support entirely
15:34 ashimema I (or tcohen) will draft something to vote on for the next meeting.
15:34 ashimema did anyone have anything else they wanted to raise?
15:35 oleonard Did we ever vote on my ESLint proposal?
15:36 thd Those present at least approved of ESLint in principle.
15:36 ashimema I think we all agreed to it..
15:36 ashimema did I not minute that back when.. I bet I forgot
15:37 oleonard I dunno... I shall proceed as if I have approval :D
15:37 * oleonard loves cleanup patches
15:37 thd It is possible we did not vote without the presence of oleonard.
15:37 ashimema ah, perhaps.
15:38 ashimema I'm happy to proceed with it anyway.. another one to really push for in the next cycle :)
15:38 ashimema ok.. last topic then
15:38 ashimema #topic Set time of next meeting
15:38 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 9 October 2019)
15:39 * oleonard found a record of the vote... thank you for your support
15:40 * oleonard 's opponents were all in the pocket of Big JsHint
15:40 ashimema I'm thinking stick to the same two weeks.. that gives us a week before feature slush to discus anything important and start planning the next cycle (we should also have started talking about the next team by then after the next general meeting)
15:41 ashimema 23 OctoberSeptember 2019, 21:00 UTC
15:41 ashimema * 23 October 2019, 21:00 UTC
15:42 ashimema does that suit the majority.. lets NZ join again I believe
15:42 oleonard +1
15:43 thd +1
15:43 ashimema #info Next meeting: 23 October 2019, 21:00 UTC
15:43 ashimema brill
15:43 ashimema thanks all for your attendance, my appologies for the last minute delay to proceedings
15:43 ashimema #endmeeting
15:43 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:43 huginn Meeting ended Wed Oct  9 15:43:56 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:43 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-10-09-15.00.html
15:43 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-10-09-15.00.txt
15:43 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]09-15.00.log.html
15:44 ashimema thd, whilst your here are you joining the docs meeting tomorrow and giving an update on the wiki?
15:44 thd That time will become less good after time changes.
15:44 ashimema be interested to hear how it's going but I'm happy to wait until then
15:45 thd Yes, but I could also tell you now too.
15:45 thd I have been updating the bug report.
15:45 thd https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=23073
15:45 huginn Bug 23073: normal, P5 - low, ---, gmc, NEW , needs updating to a later version
15:47 ashimema brill
15:47 ashimema will read the bug report
15:47 caroline_catlady Is it normal that the AUTO_RENEWALS notice is only in and not in the installer sql files?
15:48 inlibro joined #koha
15:48 ashimema erm
15:48 ashimema no
15:48 ashimema it should be in both
15:48 ashimema bug
15:48 ashimema bad rm ;P
15:48 caroline_catlady ok, I will create a bug report
15:48 caroline_catlady (don't worry, it was added in 16.12 :) )
15:50 thd I should have another update probably today or tomorrow explaining exactly what seems best for MySQL column size alteration and also what needs a little data truncation where we only have four bytes of real data lost to accommodate smaller MySQL defaults.
15:51 thd Basically, conversion from Postgres to MySQL works without warnings or errors.  However, I did a little to much at one sitting a few weeks ago in a sprint of work without sleep.
15:53 thd I noticed yesterday that I had earlier missed a data type when copying and pasting for a column which I had at least earlier I accommodated by simply increasing the size until all the data fit.
15:54 thd s/size/column size/
15:55 ashimema :)
15:56 oleonard Ooo Bug 14620 looks fun
15:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14620 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Needs Signoff , Contact information validations
15:57 corilynn not
15:57 thd We have some real world info from a few columns that the MySQL Mediawiki default column sizes are a little too small in a few cases.  No constraints on size for the same columns in Postgres aloud real world use to emerge along with a few accidents of pasting a wiki page into the comment field.
15:58 thd s/aloud/allowed/
16:00 corilynn so... i'm having a ball with reports... anyone know how I can style marcxml like it is all over the place but in a report?
16:01 corilynn I'm looking at "Syntax-highlighted MARC XML" from https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]hlighted_MARC_XML
16:03 caroline_catlady corilynn: not sure if it will answer your question, but know that marcxml doesn't exist anymore. it's not metadata in the biblio_metadata table
16:04 corilynn yeah, sorry, metadata
16:04 caroline_catlady ok!
16:05 fridolin left #koha
16:05 corilynn there's like 1.5 million places that we are displaying the metadata in koha, just wondered if anyone had ever hacked the reports to do it
16:12 khall joined #koha
16:13 thd corilynn: The reports return SQL data.  Some marcxml data has been extracted in a more or less primitive matter to populate some SQL values.  The MARC frameworks determine the simple manner in which SQL data is populated by MARC subfileds.
16:16 thd corilynn: Except for what has been already extracted from MARCXML and populated in SQL tables, there is no provision in reports for parsing MARCXML.
16:23 corilynn thd, I don't want to parse it, I want to make it look pretty
16:24 corilynn apply css to it
16:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #51: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_U18/51/
16:26 thd corilynn: You might be able to alter the CSS for the reports results page to some modest benefit from MARCXML.
16:28 thd corilynn: If CSS could call XSLT to parse MARCXML you would have a better prospect.  XSLT is doing the heavy lifting for MARCXL when presented in the OPAC.
16:28 oleonard CSS cannot call XSLT
16:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #52: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.05_D9/52/
16:30 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
16:30 wahanui Congratulations!
16:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #50: FIXED in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.05_D8/50/
16:33 oleonard tcohen: If you have any other advice about my koha-testing-docker problem I'd be very grateful
16:33 oleonard I'm at an absolute loss
16:33 thd corilynn: oleonard has answered negatively for CSS calling XSLT.  JavaScript should be able to call XSLT.  However, I suspect that using XSLT would be making your task too difficult.  I suggest using the SQL columns populated by the Koha MARC frameworks.  The data in the SQL columns was used to populate the OPAC in the past.
16:37 cait joined #koha
16:38 corilynn thd, I'm not sure I understand...
16:41 thd corilynn: There are SQL columns populated for title, author, etc. indexed by biblionumber which you should be able to access in a report.
16:42 corilynn thd, i think my user wants the marc view like in the advanced (cataloging) editor's search results
16:48 inlibro joined #koha
16:49 thd corilynn: If you really need more than what has been extracted from MARCXML to populate a few simple SQL fields in the database, then you would need to add some JavaScript to the report results page to parse MARCXML with XSLT or JavaScript directly, however, that would be a big programming task which may be more trouble than it is worth for the intended purpose in reports.
16:50 * cait waves
16:50 thd cait: Did you survive the dentist?
16:51 cait I did :)
16:52 cait nothing scary
16:53 thd Dentistry is a weak point for me because no amount of good dental care will make up for growing up in city which did not have fluoride in the water when I was growing up.
16:53 cait andreashm++ thx!
16:59 * oleonard gives up
17:48 inlibro joined #koha
18:06 chris_n joined #koha
18:18 chris_n joined #koha
18:42 ashimema Evenin'
18:48 inlibro joined #koha
18:52 davidnind[m] Does anyone know if the Task scheduler tool still works, or if it is used? I'm getting an error 'Failed to add scheduled task'. ([…]ml#task-scheduler)
18:53 caroline_catlady davidnind[m]: I've never been able to make it work
18:53 davidnind[m] It's not just me then!
18:54 caroline_catlady Anyway, it doesn't meet the needs of my clients, which is periodical scheduling not just one off scheduling
18:54 davidnind[m] I assume cron jobs are used where libraries want regular reports generated and sent
18:55 caroline_catlady yeah that's what we use
18:55 caroline_catlady It's just that they can't do it themselves, they have to ask us
19:05 davidnind[m] There were some bugs about it, basically rewriting it - bug 1993 and bug 3935
19:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1993 major, P3, ---, gmcharlt, In Discussion , Task Scheduler Needs Re-write
19:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3935 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , Schedule tasks periodically
19:14 davidnind[m] So if something doesn't work (like Task scheduler) then should it be removed? (I guess I should file a bug)
19:29 khall joined #koha
19:42 khall joined #koha
19:48 caroline_catlady any multilingual users around?
19:48 cait yep
19:48 caroline_catlady oh hi!
19:48 inlibro joined #koha
19:49 caroline_catlady I just installed a 19.05 version a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that when I switch languages, it takes me back to the main page
19:49 caroline_catlady Before, I used to stay on the same page
19:49 caroline_catlady Does it do the same for you?
19:49 cait check your baseurls first
19:49 caroline_catlady ah good idea!
19:49 cait it certainly happens when the baseurls are not set right (sysprefs)
19:49 cait Joubu told me - had the same issue before
19:50 caroline_catlady I didn't have the http in my base urls
19:51 caroline_catlady works! cait++
19:51 * caroline_catlady hugs cait
19:51 kathryn joined #koha
19:52 cait yay :)
19:52 cait Joubu++
19:52 * cait hugs caroline_catlady
19:52 kathryn hello :) oh I arrived in time for a celebration!
19:52 cait just needed that after dealing with sad paperwork
19:53 cait kathryn: do you also want a hug? :)
19:53 kathryn yes please cait :)
19:53 * cait hugs kathryn :)
19:53 * caroline_catlady hugs kathryn
19:53 caroline_catlady group hug!
19:53 kathryn aww the love!
19:53 * kathryn hugs back!
19:53 cait heh :)
19:54 kathryn I hope we can catch up on long-lost hugs next year :)
19:56 khall joined #koha
19:56 cait I would like that :)
19:59 corilynn cait, you are the "Katrin Fischer" right?
20:00 cait yes?
20:00 * cait wonders if that is a bad thing
20:00 corilynn cool
20:00 corilynn I just wondered if there was a way to export the one I created, that's basically what I did for your suggestion
20:01 caroline_catlady THE Katrin Fischer
20:01 corilynn just so I don't have to go through the merge process again with the 70 that were added accidentally
20:01 corilynn i figured it was easier to go back and forth here than in bugzilla
20:01 cait sorry, missing context right now
20:01 corilynn but if I was chatting at the wrong person
20:01 cait probably me - it's a little late here
20:01 corilynn bug 23779
20:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23779 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Importing authority records should look for $1xx field matches
20:02 cait I haven't used the staged tools for authorities a lot
20:02 cait just some very basic testing
20:02 corilynn I mean, I would attach the one I just made, if ya'll knew how to do that
20:02 cait if the authorities are not used in records yet... could you just undo the import? then you can merge them with different rules
20:02 corilynn otherwise, whatevs
20:02 cait ah, matching rule?
20:03 corilynn I did the import sometime last week
20:03 corilynn among several other ones
20:03 cait hm depends on your setup, if there is still an undo button or not
20:03 cait did you overlay the records with later ones?
20:03 corilynn I already fixed it, just didn't want it to happen again
20:04 corilynn so I made a matching rule
20:04 cait sorry, it's probably me, not fully grapsing the question yet
20:04 corilynn Question: "Is there a way to export the rule I created to update the Bug with?"
20:04 corilynn to make it easier for the developer to come along?
20:04 cait ah
20:04 cait sadly not
20:05 corilynn kewl, moot point then
20:05 cait I think the best you can do is probably a screenshot
20:05 corilynn AH! the magic tool
20:05 cait but that woudl be helpful if you found a setting that worked well for you
20:05 cait if nothing else helps... screenshot it :)
20:05 corilynn indeed, rule #78 of development / human interactions
20:07 cait there is a bug report for koha not importing patrons with diacritics correctly in 19.05
20:07 cait caroline_catlady: do you happen to have done that recently?
20:07 caroline_catlady no, I'm just starting to use 19.05
20:08 caroline_catlady But I can try?
20:08 caroline_catlady which bug?
20:08 wahanui which bug is that please ?
20:08 cait bug 17359
20:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17359 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Patron import results use wrong encoding
20:10 caroline_catlady The first comment says that the patrons are correctly imported, it's just the display that is wrong
20:10 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:11 cait she later said the summary was right but the patrons were wrong
20:11 cait like it shows in the 3rd screenshot
20:11 cait it should be Müller
20:11 caroline_catlady oh ok, I'm trying right now I conveniently have a patron file
20:11 cait cool thx
20:11 cait my brain capacity is somewhat limited tonight - first day back at work today after Marseille... so many ticket
20:11 cait s
20:13 caroline_catlady Ok so summary doesn't display correctly
20:15 kathryn joined #koha
20:16 cait but patron record is ok in your test?
20:16 caroline_catlady not sure, I hadn't imported the correct branches/categorycodes
20:16 caroline_catlady still testing :)
20:17 cait hm i am looking at the uploaded file
20:17 cait when i open in libre office, the umlauts are borked wit utf-8 selected
20:21 cait i'd say her sample file on the bug is iso-8859-1
20:21 andreashm joined #koha
20:21 cait that can't work...
20:21 caroline_catlady mine is still importing and it's UTF8
20:23 cait oh big?
20:23 cait or just all good?
20:23 cait i tihnk their encoding on the file is messed up
20:24 caroline_catlady it's a file of an entire school... maybe should have trimmed it first, hehe
20:24 cait they are using notepad++... but of course that's only in windows... trying to see what the right option is named they need to use (i do it all the time, but of course can't remember when on this computer :) )
20:25 cait will wait for your results tho
20:26 caroline_catlady I don't remember it being so long when I did it for real for that school.... Maybe because I am running bulkmarcimport at the same time.... >_<
20:27 cait heh
20:27 cait ambitious
20:28 cait thx for helping to test :)
20:28 caroline_catlady :( timed out...
20:28 caroline_catlady I will still go check some files
20:28 cait it probably still keeps loading in the background
20:28 caroline_catlady The patron file appears correctly
20:29 caroline_catlady So I won't have the summary for the import, but in the summary with errors, the encoding was funky
20:29 caroline_catlady But the patron file is fine
20:30 cait that's good to know
20:30 cait maybe you could comment that it works for you?
20:30 cait and then i commen ton the sample file...
20:30 caroline_catlady yup
20:30 cait i guess they got a bit frustrated with this
20:39 caroline_catlady I added an attachment with one line from my file (name changed), if you want to try it
20:39 cait i think it's really their file
20:39 cait i just want to help - she is from Gemrany
20:41 cait caroline_catlady++
20:42 caroline_catlady I will try with her users copy-pasted in TextEditor
20:44 cait I really think the file is not quite right encoding wise
20:44 cait i compared to yours - yours opens in libreoffice, geany etc. as UTF-8, theirs doesn't
20:48 inlibro joined #koha
20:49 caroline_catlady I'm sure you're right.
20:49 caroline_catlady By copying their data in Text Editor, I was able to import it no problem
20:50 caroline_catlady
20:50 caroline_catlady
20:50 caroline_catlady
20:51 cait can you open theirs as utf-8 in libreoffice? (or similar)
20:52 caroline_catlady How do you download it? When I click on it, it opens in the browser
20:52 caroline_catlady oh I think I got it
20:53 cait i did a ctrl+s
20:53 caroline_catlady It opens fin if I choose Latin 3 (8859-1)
20:53 caroline_catlady *fine
20:54 cait yep
20:54 cait same for me
20:57 caroline_catlady It doesn't say anywhere that it has to be UTF8 though?
21:05 cait it has to be
21:06 cait I tink for languages without problematic characters this doesn't pop up as a problem
21:06 cait hm we should definitey add something about encoding
21:06 cait i thought we used to have this
21:06 cait looking at the patron tool start page
21:07 cait can't spot anything in the manual either
21:08 caroline_catlady Anke says she saw it in the documentation
21:12 cait hm
21:12 cait not spotting it in the manual either
21:12 cait probably should go to sleep
21:13 caroline_catlady can't see it either
21:13 caroline_catlady I'll add it, go to sleep :)
21:13 cait you are a hero :)
21:49 inlibro joined #koha
22:49 inlibro joined #koha
23:37 koha-jenkins joined #koha
23:49 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary