IRC log for #koha, 2019-10-10

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:49 inlibro joined #koha
01:28 matts_ joined #koha
01:28 AnnaBoten joined #koha
01:49 inlibro joined #koha
02:50 inlibro joined #koha
03:03 sophie_m joined #koha
03:50 inlibro joined #koha
04:50 inlibro joined #koha
05:05 chris joined #koha
05:08 cait joined #koha
05:37 fridolin joined #koha
05:37 fridolin yolo
05:38 cait fridolin: there is a mailing list mail about issue with elasticsearch and UNIMARC - [Koha] koha-elasticsearch --rebuild  errors - do you know if this might be a bug?
05:39 fridolin i'll look
05:45 fridolin answered
05:45 fridolin amybe ICU missing
05:50 inlibro joined #koha
05:54 cait fridolin++ thx!
06:28 calire joined #koha
06:32 marcelr joined #koha
06:32 marcelr hi #koha
06:39 reiveune joined #koha
06:40 reiveune hello
06:50 inlibro joined #koha
06:56 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 alex_a Bonjour
06:56 wahanui bonjour, alex_a
07:00 fridolin joined #koha
07:10 cait joined #koha
07:15 paul_p joined #koha
07:16 kohaputti cait, hi! I'm pinging you about the hackathon as you asked.
07:17 cait i promised something
07:17 cait and I forgot what it was :(
07:17 cait what did I promise?
07:20 andreashm joined #koha
07:24 andreashm joined #koha
07:25 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20780: (follow-up) Use Koha::Object <[…]81e58ae2c525a74b3>
07:25 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21580: Pass buyer_ean to create_edi_order <[…]65a6825b714ae61b6>
07:25 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21580: Add test for message buyer_ean method <[…]a121661a2e545297f>
07:25 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20780: Add handling for AcqItemSetSubfieldsWhenRecieved in EDI <[…]836dbdb0c410d6362>
07:26 andreashm joined #koha
07:31 kohaputti <cait> kohaputti: if you need something for the first time contributors (sign offs + QA) ping me during this week please
07:32 kohaputti cait, and you said something about putting it to your calendar :-)
07:32 kohaputti that's 22.10.2019
07:35 cait aha!
07:35 cait yes, I wanted to help make the first contrib patches go in fast :)
07:35 cait remember now
07:39 cait kohaputti: added to calendar
07:39 kohaputti cool!
07:50 inlibro joined #koha
08:30 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:47 andreash_ joined #koha
08:51 inlibro joined #koha
08:53 andreash_ joined #koha
08:54 andreash_ joined #koha
09:05 vfernandes joined #koha
09:07 andreashm joined #koha
09:24 andreashm joined #koha
09:32 alex_a joined #koha
09:51 inlibro joined #koha
10:03 andreashm joined #koha
10:10 sev_q joined #koha
10:19 andreashm joined #koha
10:34 khall joined #koha
10:51 inlibro joined #koha
11:42 alex_a joined #koha
11:51 inlibro joined #koha
11:55 andreash_ joined #koha
12:02 andreash_ joined #koha
12:06 oleonard joined #koha
12:07 oleonard Hi #koha
12:20 oleonard Was hoping docker would magically work this morning... no luck
12:21 cait :(
12:22 ashimema still having issue oleonard..
12:22 ashimema what's up with it?
12:23 oleonard
12:23 oleonard koha container fails
12:23 ashimema oh.. wierd
12:24 ashimema assume you're using SYNC_REPO
12:24 oleonard Yes
12:24 ashimema have you checked the permissions on .git/config?
12:25 ashimema other wonder is if you're using a newer git outside the container.. and perhaps the config files are incompatible..
12:25 ashimema though i've never seen that issue
12:27 laurence joined #koha
12:27 laurence left #koha
12:28 oleonard I don't have an especially new version of git installed... Last update on Windows was two months ago.
12:29 oleonard The problem started yesterday when I was trying to enable case sensitivity on my Koha repo. After running into this problem I restored the previous version of that directory but the problem persists.
12:30 * ashimema just looked at his own .git/config
12:31 ashimema 'tis huge..
12:31 ashimema I take it git is still working as expected outside the docker?
12:31 oleonard I've tried paring down my config file to the bare minimum with no success
12:31 oleonard Yes git is working outside docker
12:32 thd joined #koha
12:33 oleonard Hm, diff says the permissions are different
12:34 ashimema is interesting
12:37 nlegrand joined #koha
12:38 nlegrand Hey #koha
12:41 nlegrand ashimema: it was you or kidclamp in a restaurant while hackfesting who said “unbless” should have been named “curse”? It seems it was really discussed but then dismissed by Larry Wall:
12:41 ashimema haha
12:43 nlegrand also found a “Damn” module:
12:43 ashimema lol
12:43 nlegrand ho and a Curse one:
12:50 davidnind[m] ashimema and cait: are you okay if I defer the documenttion meeting to next week? Two apologies so far (caroline_catlady and AndyBoze)
12:50 caroline_crazycatlady joined #koha
12:50 ashimema sure
12:51 davidnind[m] thanks!
12:51 inlibro joined #koha
12:52 Marie-Luce joined #koha
12:52 ashimema if we do a 'fake' meeting we can minute the change
12:53 ashimema want me to do that?
12:53 cait davidnind[m]: of course
12:53 cait must be a terrible time for you too
12:53 thd davidmind: You should be pleased to know that I am increasing a default column size in MySQL to preserve your contribution which exceeds the default size for MySQL but Postgres had not imposed a size limit for many columns.
12:53 davidnind[m] if you like
12:53 davidnind[m] thanks cait!
12:54 lucyvh joined #koha
12:54 davidnind[m] day light savings has kicked in now too, so I think it is an hour later as well
12:54 davidnind[m] hi lucyvh!
12:54 davidnind[m] lucyvh++
12:55 davidnind[m] lucyvh: thanks for all the changes!
12:55 cait lucyvh++!
12:56 ashimema :)
12:56 thd davidmind: You went over the MySQL limit twice, one of which was an especially important greeting message where in the Wiki where you explained to some user how you had fixed that user's login.
12:56 * ashimema is very pleased to see lucyvh contributing to docs.. she's awesome
12:56 davidnind[m] lucyvh: going to defer the meeting untl next week as caroline + andy have put in their apologies, hope that is okay
12:57 khall joined #koha
12:57 lucyvh Yes that's fine
12:57 davidnind[m] thanks lucyvh!
12:57 Marie-Luce Hi everyone
12:58 lucyvh Thanks all, but i've only submitted 4 merge requests!
12:58 lucyvh Hi Marie-Luce
12:59 ashimema every little helps
12:59 lucyvh ashimena++
12:59 Marie-Luce I'm caroline_catlady colleague
13:00 oleonard joined #koha
13:00 davidnind[m] thd: I don't remember that...
13:00 davidnind[m] Hi Marie-Luce!
13:00 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:01 davidnind[m] thd: I assume tha is not good...
13:01 thd davidnind: You did well and showed a good reason for the column to be larger than the default in MySQL.
13:02 thd davidnind: I have had to alter a few column sizes for MySQL because actual legitimate use shows that they must be larger than the small MySQL default.
13:05 thd There were a couple of columns where the autogenerated content was necessarily larger than the MySQL default which is just insufficient planing from MediaWiki developers.
13:07 andreashm joined #koha
13:09 deb-CSPL joined #koha
13:09 thd ashimema: I would very much like to understand why Git was broken yesterday and how you managed to fix it.
13:09 davidnind[m] thd: thanks for all your work with the wiki migration and resolving the problems!
13:10 ashimema it's all to do with case sensative file systems
13:10 ashimema basically.. some systems care about case whilst others do not..
13:10 thd davidnind[m]: I am very sorry that I had run out of time a few years ago.  Now the causes of me having been run out of time are dead and otherwise put to rest.
13:10 ashimema so.. someone added a test file to /Elasticsearch whilst someone else added a test to /ElasticSearch
13:10 ashimema spot the 'S' vs 's' there..
13:11 thd yes
13:11 ashimema so.. that's fine if you have a filesystem that recognises case..
13:11 ashimema but.. if you have one that doesn't care about case then /Elasticsearch and /ElasticSearch collide and things go terrible wrong.
13:12 ashimema the fix is either to be mean and insist everyone uses case sensative file systems
13:12 ashimema OR.. the fix your project so it's case insensative/case sensative collisions don't happen
13:12 thd ashimema: Are you saying that it would not have been broken if I had tried to pull from Git from a case sensitive filesystem?
13:12 ashimema so.. I opted for the latter and moved the test from /Elasticsearch into /ElasticSearch and removed the now empty /Elasticsearch directory
13:13 ashimema that removed the collisions
13:13 ashimema exactly thd
13:13 ashimema i never saw the issue because my file system cares about case
13:13 ashimema one tic.. I'll just do the meeting pospone before I forget
13:13 ashimema #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 10 October 2019
13:13 huginn Meeting started Thu Oct 10 13:13:55 2019 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at
13:13 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:13 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 October 2019)
13:13 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_10_october_2019'
13:13 thd Someone had reported immediately after your fix that the Git config was broken.
13:14 ashimema #info Meeting postponed due to appologies from a large number of attendees
13:14 oleonard thd: That's a problem with my system, not related
13:14 ashimema #topic Set date and time for next meeting
13:14 Topic for #koha is now Set date and time for next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 10 October 2019)
13:15 ashimema #info Next meeting: 17 October 2019, 13:00
13:15 ashimema #endmeeting
13:15 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
13:15 huginn Meeting ended Thu Oct 10 13:15:44 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
13:15 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-10-10-13.13.html
13:15 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-10-10-13.13.txt
13:15 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]10-13.13.log.html
13:16 alex_a joined #koha
13:16 thd oleonard: What was wrong with your git configuration?
13:17 oleonard I have no idea. Still can't get koha-testing-docker to run properly
13:17 davidnind[m] ashimema++
13:17 oleonard thd: I was tweaking my system to try to get my koha git repo to be case sensitive (since this isn't the first case sensitivity problem I've run into) and something broke
13:18 davidnind[m] quickest meeting ever!
13:19 thd Do we not have a coding guideline and/or some technical means to prevent case insensitive problems for Git without running Git on a case sensitive filesystem?
13:20 marcelr linux is case sensitive; so many run like that
13:20 thd s/without running Git on a case sensitive/without running Git on a case insensitive/
13:21 marcelr problem here is probably syncing with a repo on a windows disk ?
13:23 thd Is there some way to configure Git while running on a case sensitive filesystem which many of us run to avoid case insensitive problems for others by giving some warning at least for a patch?
13:28 ashimema it's only really a problem when you end up with a case sensative name collision.. which is fairly rare
13:28 ashimema in my entire time in Koha I can only think of this happening once before
13:28 ashimema and it was a trivial fix once we identified it.
13:29 marcelr yeah more work to prevent it than to fix it very incidentally
13:29 ashimema that's my feeling too
13:51 inlibro joined #koha
13:56 oleonard New error message! Progress?? sudo: unable to execute /usr/sbin/koha-rebuild-zebra: No such file or directory
13:56 oleonard (What changed: i rolled back Git for Windows version)
14:01 oleonard ashimema: I don't suppose you have any suggestions for that? ^^
14:05 oleonard joined #koha
14:06 * ashimema reads
14:06 ashimema that's wierd
14:06 ashimema thats inside the docker container right?
14:06 oleonard yes
14:07 ashimema using kshell ?
14:07 ashimema or is that part of the reset_all
14:08 oleonard That's output from the docker container starting up
14:08 ashimema :'(
14:08 ashimema we need tomas
14:08 ashimema pretty much reached the limit of my understanding at this point, sorry
14:09 tcohen hi
14:09 wahanui hi, tcohen
14:09 tcohen I'm here
14:09 tcohen what's up
14:09 oleonard tcohen: I'm still here with problems :(
14:09 oleonard tcohen: Now I'm getting this error: "sudo: unable to execute /usr/sbin/koha-rebuild-zebra: No such file or directory"
14:10 calire left #koha
14:10 oleonard it says the same about /usr/sbin/koha-plack
14:11 eythian when you get that message, first things to check: 1) does the file exist, 2) are the permissions sensible, 3) is the interpreter in the hashbang line present and correct.
14:12 eythian (not checking #3 has sent me down the wrong paths into confusion in the past.)
14:13 bdonnahue joined #koha
14:14 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:21 oleonard eythian: I don't know how I could check that the file exists when the container isn't running
14:21 eythian run the container?
14:28 tcohen docker run -ti koha/koha-testing:master bash
14:28 tcohen owen
14:28 tcohen oleonard: have you docker-compose pull
14:29 oleonard No I don't know what that is
14:29 * oleonard doesn't see it in the readme
14:32 oleonard "docker-compose pull" seems to have a lot to think about with koha
14:35 tcohen oleonard, you should do it frecquently
14:36 tcohen the docker image for koha-testing is rebuilt on each change on koha-misc4dev, release-tools, qa-test-tools, and on any change to the koha-testing-docker project itself
14:39 oleonard koha-rebuild-zebra and koha-plack are there and their permissions look the same as most everything else
14:52 inlibro joined #koha
14:53 fridolin left #koha
15:01 bdonnahue joined #koha
15:10 reiveune bye
15:10 reiveune left #koha
15:52 inlibro joined #koha
15:59 khall joined #koha
16:01 oleonard-away joined #koha
16:18 lukeG joined #koha
16:25 khall joined #koha
16:45 cait left #koha
16:52 inlibro joined #koha
17:30 BobB joined #koha
17:31 irma joined #koha
17:38 khall joined #koha
17:42 sjenson joined #koha
17:52 inlibro joined #koha
18:02 bdonnahue joined #koha
18:03 bag morning
18:03 wahanui hmmm... morning is always someone's afternoon
18:06 cait joined #koha
18:11 oleonard Hi bag, wb cait
18:11 bag heya owen
18:15 lavamind joined #koha
18:29 * cait waves :)
18:42 bdonnahue joined #koha
18:52 inlibro joined #koha
19:23 caroline_crazycatlady hi all!
19:24 rangi hi caroline_crazycatlady
19:28 cait hi caroline_crazycatlady :)
19:28 cait caroline_crazycatlady++ # thx again for your help yesterday
19:30 caroline_crazycatlady I saw Anke was able to resolve her problem :)
19:33 cait yep
19:45 khall joined #koha
19:46 kathryn joined #koha
19:52 inlibro joined #koha
19:57 aleisha joined #koha
19:58 khall joined #koha
20:01 andreashm joined #koha
20:35 bdonnahue joined #koha
20:53 inlibro joined #koha
21:07 caroline_crazycatlady in 19.05 release notes, it says that the SendAllEmailsTo is a new syspref... it was there before no?
21:10 rangi i cant remember
21:13 cait hm i don't think it was
21:13 cait new feature to test notices
21:13 cait do you have he bug number?
21:13 cait i think it's an inlibro dev - could it be you got it in your installations maybe?
21:13 caroline_crazycatlady I can't find it, it's just in the "new sysprefs"
21:14 caroline_crazycatlady Ok, if it's an inlibro dev, it makes sense that I had it before then
21:14 caroline_crazycatlady I use it ALL the time, I was surprised it was in the new ones
21:15 cait let me look
21:15 cait i think i know how to find it
21:16 cait bug 8000
21:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8000 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, charles.farmer, RESOLVED FIXED, Test mode for notices
21:17 caroline_crazycatlady ok cool! I didn't know we had a feature in 19.05 :)
21:18 cait more than one i think
21:25 kathryn_ joined #koha
21:43 JBoyer_ joined #koha
21:52 caroline_crazycatlady good night everyone!
21:53 inlibro joined #koha
22:41 Itaipu_ joined #koha
22:42 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
22:48 alexbuckley joined #koha
22:49 alexbuckley joined #koha
22:50 alexbuckley joined #koha
22:53 inlibro joined #koha
23:41 khall joined #koha
23:53 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary