IRC log for #koha, 2019-07-04

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:36 matts joined #koha
00:38 mtompset @seen ashimema
00:38 huginn` mtompset: ashimema was last seen in #koha 10 hours, 42 minutes, and 35 seconds ago: <ashimema>
00:40 mtompset @later tell ashimema not a pretty fix, but it works, and it is simpler and less ugly.
00:40 huginn` mtompset: The operation succeeded.
00:40 mtompset @later tell ashimema -- bug 23250
00:40 huginn` mtompset: The operation succeeded.
00:59 inlibro joined #koha
01:26 dpk__ joined #koha
01:59 inlibro joined #koha
02:55 edveal joined #koha
02:59 inlibro joined #koha
03:36 mtompset @later tell tcohen http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/[…]?biblionumber=208 -- bug 22696 changed happily failing magically hashes into hard crashing method calls on undefined objects.
03:36 huginn` mtompset: The operation succeeded.
03:59 inlibro joined #koha
04:09 mtompset Have a great day, #koha
05:00 inlibro joined #koha
05:19 fridolin joined #koha
05:23 fridolin hi
05:23 wahanui kia ora, fridolin
05:23 fridolin wahanui: hot summer ?
05:23 wahanui fridolin: wish i knew
05:49 calire joined #koha
06:00 inlibro joined #koha
06:30 marcelr joined #koha
06:30 marcelr hi #koha
06:37 reiveune joined #koha
06:39 reiveune hello
06:39 wahanui salut, reiveune
06:39 laurence joined #koha
06:43 JesseM_ joined #koha
06:51 alex_a joined #koha
06:51 alex_a bonjour
06:51 wahanui bonjour, alex_a
06:56 davidnind joined #koha
06:56 fridolin joined #koha
07:00 inlibro joined #koha
07:13 cait joined #koha
07:15 paul_p joined #koha
07:21 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:00 inlibro joined #koha
08:27 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14419: (QA follow-up) Restore the link styling <[…]3cd3d127d9d3ef6fa>
08:27 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23255: Correct HomeOrHoldingBranch descriptions <[…]d06e43b8b71b655e9>
08:27 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14419: Expanding facets (Show more) performs a new search <[…]9c0f118dda7815cc1>
08:38 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23250: Just use an @ in the password <[…]6552e19404ac7afab>
08:46 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:46 wahanui Congratulations!
08:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #805: FIXED in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/805/
08:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #314: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/314/
09:00 inlibro joined #koha
09:08 alexbuckley joined #koha
09:09 vfernandes joined #koha
09:09 vfernandes hi #koha
09:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #299: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/299/
09:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #806: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/806/
09:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #315: UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/315/
10:00 inlibro joined #koha
10:01 khall joined #koha
10:05 paul_p joined #koha
11:01 inlibro joined #koha
11:16 vfernandes joined #koha
11:27 khall joined #koha
11:33 khall joined #koha
12:01 inlibro joined #koha
12:41 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
12:41 wahanui Congratulations!
12:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #316: FIXED in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/316/
12:55 AndyBoze joined #koha
12:58 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22709: (follow-up) Move new test file into a Plugins subdirectory <[…]a2a234229ce40a785>
12:58 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22709: (follow-up) Mock enable_plugins config entry <[…]4908e2ccb3b8627e1>
12:58 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22999: (follow-up) Indentation updates <[…]b028ac4946726e823>
12:58 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22999: Switch two-column templates to Bootstrap grid: Circulation <[…]f14ace3b5a6ca4641>
12:58 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22709: Add after biblio/item action hooks <[…]1a9a44bc015efb74a>
12:58 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22709: Unit tests <[…]f49d4414dc9555475>
12:58 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21801: (follow-up) Use ->account <[…]f0a88389d80a47bab>
12:58 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21801: Make pass library_id when calling ->pay <[…]660e589adf4baab5d>
12:58 caroline_catlady good morning everyone!
13:00 davidnind Hi caroline_catlady and AndyBoze!
13:00 AndyBoze Hello!
13:01 caroline_catlady hi davidnind and AndyBoze!
13:01 inlibro joined #koha
13:01 davidnind Looks like there are at least a couple of us here for the documentation meeting!
13:02 davidnind #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 4 July 2019
13:02 huginn` Meeting started Thu Jul  4 13:02:07 2019 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at
13:02 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 July 2019)
13:02 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_4_july_2019'
13:02 davidnind #info Agenda https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_4_July_2019
13:02 davidnind #topic Introductions
13:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 July 2019)
13:03 davidnind #info David Nind, New Zealand
13:03 caroline_catlady #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
13:04 sophie_m joined #koha
13:04 AndyBoze #info Andy Boze, University of Notre Dame, USA
13:05 davidnind That looks all of us for today I think!
13:05 davidnind #chair caroline_catlady, AndyBoze
13:05 huginn` Current chairs: AndyBoze caroline_catlady davidnind
13:06 davidnind #topic Action points
13:06 Topic for #koha is now Action points (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 July 2019)
13:06 caroline_catlady this is the meeting with the highest chair/participant ratio XD
13:06 ashimema sorry, in a company meeting (in person) today
13:06 ashimema have a good meeting
13:06 ashimema #info Apologies, Martin Renvoize PTFS-E
13:06 davidnind no worries ashimema - you can read the minutes later!
13:07 davidnind Nothing to report really on all my action points...
13:07 caroline_catlady do you want to delegate?
13:08 caroline_catlady I could work on style guide and/or git guide
13:09 davidnind Help with the git guide would be great, I was just about to add a page to the wiki with an outline, so will do that after this
13:09 davidnind ..meeting
13:09 caroline_catlady ok I will flesh it up after
13:10 davidnind Thanks caroline_catlady!
13:10 caroline_catlady #action davidnind will create wiki page for git guide
13:10 caroline_catlady #action caroline_catlady will work on git guide
13:10 davidnind I sent an email to the docs list just before on easy, medium and hard tasks - don't expect anyone to have read it yet
13:11 caroline_catlady I got all the taiga emails but I don't see the docs email...
13:11 davidnind I've tagged a small number of tasks I think fit the criteria
13:11 AndyBoze I've been looking them over. I'll try to tackle at least some easy ones.
13:11 caroline_catlady AndyBoze++
13:12 davidnind #info Initial attempt at easy, medium and hard tasks http://lists.koha-community.or[…]-July/000251.html
13:13 caroline_catlady cool! I like the use of tags
13:13 davidnind We can see if that helps, let me know AndyBoze
13:14 davidnind I'm not sure how well the tags will work, as it picks up items with those words in them, including closed items
13:14 AndyBoze Will do, davidnind
13:14 davidnind But I guess it is a start
13:14 cait @info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
13:14 huginn` cait: Error: The command "info" is available in the Factoids and RSS plugins.  Please specify the plugin whose command you wish to call by using its name as a command before "info".
13:14 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
13:14 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
13:14 davidnind Hi cait!
13:15 davidnind If it doesn't work I can do a wiki page!
13:15 cait sorry for being late - I think this might be missing from the official calendar?
13:16 caroline_catlady I think it is there... no?
13:16 cait it is -
13:16 cait all good then, it's me :)
13:17 caroline_catlady no worries!
13:18 davidnind it has been one of the weeks for the last few weeks at work, so will try and progress the other things over the next week or so
13:18 marcelr joined #koha
13:18 davidnind #topic What's been done so far
13:18 Topic for #koha is now What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 July 2019)
13:19 davidnind There was an education meeting, which went very well - do you want to provide an update caroline_catlady, or just refer to your highlights?
13:19 caroline_catlady well the highlghts is pretty much all the notes I took ^_^;;
13:20 caroline_catlady But there was interest to participate in the community, which I thought was great
13:20 caroline_catlady but people didn't know how to go about it
13:20 caroline_catlady I think that's a recurring theme...
13:21 davidnind #info Education meeting highlights[…]-June/053227.html
13:21 caroline_catlady Other things non-education related that I noted : we need a how-to setup Koha for newbies
13:22 caroline_catlady ok, that was just one thing, I thought I had more hehe!
13:22 caroline_catlady The koha-US group did a page that reorganizes the manual more visually
13:22 caroline_catlady #link
13:23 davidnind I thinks so too, it is a daunting thing I think when you are starting out - so many areas and things to consider
13:23 davidnind #action Add task for getting started with Koha
13:23 cait caroline_catlady: there is a very old one from Brooke
13:24 cait (setup for newbies)
13:24 cait but it's in dire need for an update
13:24 cait #link
13:24 davidnind Thanks cait, I was trying to find it!
13:25 cait np
13:25 caroline_catlady I think the need was how to install?
13:25 cait as a non native speaker i suggest to keep language simple and consistent
13:25 cait not too simple, but trying to have not too long paragraphs etc
13:25 davidnind There are normally two challenges I think
13:25 caroline_catlady I feel like we could link from there to the manual, but how do we keep the links up to date?
13:25 davidnind One is installing Koha
13:26 davidnind The other is what do I do now?
13:26 caroline_catlady that is one long wiki page @_@
13:26 davidnind There is the installation guide for packages on Debian and Ubuntu, so we could at least link to the correct ones
13:27 davidnind it is, and i think will always be a challenge...
13:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #807: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/807/
13:28 davidnind So, should we link to these, or add some tasks and work through creating some content that is ideally less daunting?
13:29 cait could we have a checklist for starters in the manual?
13:29 cait that would help with linking to sections
13:29 cait and with the version changes
13:29 caroline_catlady I need to think about it
13:30 davidnind personally I think we should have an official installation guide and then some sort of guide on how to setup Koha for the first time
13:31 davidnind but starting at least with a checklist and linking would be a great start
13:31 caroline_catlady I thought there was an implementation checklist
13:32 davidnind There is, at the nearly very end[…]on_checklist.html
13:33 caroline_catlady Is the term "implementation" not clear enough?
13:33 cait hm so maybe an update
13:33 cait i also feel data migration doesn't describe the first part well
13:33 caroline_catlady We could rename it "getting started" checklist?
13:34 cait i'd like that
13:34 davidnind Switching that around to near the start some way, rather than getting straight into a 1000 or so system preferences might help
13:34 caroline_catlady yes I think so too
13:35 caroline_catlady It could act a a sort of table of contents, like "here's what you need to know to start, a) xxx (link to a), b) xxx (link to b)"
13:35 davidnind I'm happy to have a go at reorganising/rewording the structure a bit, and publishing in a test place for feedback if that would help
13:36 davidnind AndyBoze: any thoughts on this and your experiences
13:37 davidnind (hope you don't think we're ignoring you!!)
13:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #300: UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/300/
13:38 AndyBoze davidnind: Not feeling ignored! Interesting conversation, but nothing really to say. I agree with all.
13:39 davidnind thanks AndyBoze!
13:40 davidnind #action davidnind to reorganise/reword structure and open up for feedback
13:41 davidnind Should we raise at the general meeting next week to see if they have any thoughts?
13:41 davidnind #chair cait
13:41 huginn` Current chairs: AndyBoze cait caroline_catlady davidnind
13:41 cait oops
13:41 cait what did I do? :)
13:42 davidnind 100% coverage for chairs now!:)
13:42 caroline_catlady maybe they could help with the installation guides. I think there is a lot of clean up to do in the wiki
13:42 davidnind nothing...
13:43 caroline_catlady Is there a way to archive things in MediaWiki? There are some installation guides for very old versions, but I didn't want to erase anything
13:43 davidnind I think the last thing we want to do is confuse people when they are just starting, and remove as much as the 'barriers to entry' as is possible
13:43 caroline_catlady +1
13:43 cait sounds good about the installation guides
13:43 cait might be due with new OS versions
13:45 davidnind There should be in wikimedia, will have a look - as a minimum you want to make sure they get the current stuff, and can refer to archived material if required
13:45 caroline_catlady exactly
13:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #317: UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/317/
13:46 davidnind Ideally we would want google to show they most current and up-to-date installation and getting started guide, but might take a bit with all the material out there!
13:47 cait caroline_catlady: we have only marked/tagged some as obsolete... you can't really delete pages right now :(
13:47 cait I feel the wiki needs an update
13:47 caroline_catlady wiki = always needs an update
13:47 cait some thigns are not working quite right and we need a way to remove old content better
13:47 cait meant the software
13:48 cait our mediawiki has been stuck on a very old version due to some extensions (that I feel we don't really make use of)
13:48 cait a fresh start there might do wonders
13:48 caroline_catlady ah ok! but the content too hehe!
13:48 cait yep the content too
13:48 cait here some examples for 'obsolete' marked pages:
13:48 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]irtual_Appliances obsolete 1
13:48 caroline_catlady I know there is a spot open for wiki curator
13:48 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]-to-tt-conversion obsolete 2
13:48 davidnind I've raised a bugzilla request for an update - bug 23073
13:48 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23073 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmc, NEW , needs updating to a later version
13:48 caroline_catlady I think it is still open
13:48 caroline_catlady Is that the kind of thing this person would do?
13:49 cait gmcharlt: trying a summon :) did you happen to see bug 23073?
13:49 cait i think the curator position is not super clearly defined
13:49 * caroline_catlady draws symbols on the floor in chalk to help with the summoning
13:50 cait thd had planned to do updates but I think never got around to it - it's something I think a volunteer could pick up
13:50 davidnind he may be on a different plane...
13:50 cait but i might not be the easisest task given we have an old version with custom things (not sure how much really)
13:50 cait davidnind++ caroline_catlady++
13:50 caroline_catlady I tried to sign up for that on one of the last cycles, but the wiki is so scary when you look at all of it
13:51 davidnind I think it will be a challenge (both updating the wiki software and curating the content!)
13:52 davidnind you would think with some librarians around the pace we would be reasonably good at organising it ;-)
13:52 davidnind pace = place
13:52 caroline_catlady wikis get out of hand, that's the problem
13:52 cait the problem is that it's often hard to tell wht's otu of date with the more technical stuff
13:52 davidnind yep!
13:52 caroline_catlady it's a tool for anarchists, not librarians ;)
13:52 cait you need to grab one or more of the devs
13:53 davidnind the developer guide gets some attention and is well organised
13:53 davidnind anyway...
13:53 davidnind what do we do with all that?
13:54 cait hm
13:54 caroline_catlady - define what the responsibilities of wiki curator are
13:54 cait i am at the moment not the most reliable person with action items :(
13:54 cait but othewise it hink getting in touch with galen maybe to see what would be needed to update/migrate?
13:54 caroline_catlady - get someone to be wiki curator, and whip gmcharlt to update
13:55 cait not sure he would be the person, my understanding is they mainly just host, but i might be mistaken
13:55 davidnind me neither (with action items) :-(
13:55 cait too bad the summoning failed :)
13:55 caroline_catlady - ask the devs at general meeting or dev meeting to guide us for the installation guides
13:56 davidnind #action Followup on wiki software update - bug 23073
13:56 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23073 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmc, NEW , needs updating to a later version
13:57 davidnind #action Request input from community at dev or general meeting on installation guide
13:57 caroline_catlady I will add this to the agenda
13:58 cait thx!
13:58 davidnind #action Add tasks for implementation/getting started sections
13:58 davidnind #action caroline_catlady to add to dev or general meeting
13:59 caroline_catlady Is one of you going to be at the next meeting? I'm giving a training, so I'm not 100% sure I will make it
13:59 cait general?
13:59 caroline_catlady yes general, sorry
14:00 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_10_July_2019
14:00 cait i think i should be
14:00 davidnind I should be at the general one so should be okay
14:01 davidnind Right, the only other thing I think to mention for what's been done so far is caroline_catlady 's work on reviewing the acquisitions chapter
14:01 caroline_catlady I also added to define responsibilities for wiki curator
14:01 caroline_catlady Yes, I started
14:01 caroline_catlady But haven't had time
14:01 inlibro joined #koha
14:02 davidnind it's a great start!
14:02 davidnind #topic Workflow
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Workflow (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 July 2019)
14:03 davidnind AndyBoze: do you need any help with figuring out the workflow for editing the manual
14:03 davidnind conscious that I haven't been much help so far!
14:03 AndyBoze davidnind: I don't think so, but I'll let you know if I do.
14:04 davidnind great, happy to do something over video or audio to help you get setup, or walk through making a change if that will help
14:05 AndyBoze Thanks!
14:05 davidnind conscious of the time, so..
14:05 davidnind #topic Set time for next meeting
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Set time for next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 July 2019)
14:06 calire left #koha
14:06 davidnind 1st of August or the 8th of August?
14:06 cait i thin 8 of august i am on vacation, but that shouldn't stop you
14:07 AndyBoze 1 August works best for me. I have a meeting at this time on the 8th.
14:08 davidnind does it work ok for you caroline_catlady?
14:09 davidnind #info Next meeting 1 August 2019 13:00 UTC
14:09 davidnind can change if we need to, will check with Lucy about the time
14:09 davidnind #endmeeting
14:09 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:09 huginn` Meeting ended Thu Jul  4 14:09:30 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:09 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-07-04-13.02.html
14:09 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-07-04-13.02.txt
14:09 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]04-13.02.log.html
14:09 davidnind Thanks everyone!
14:10 caroline_catlady sorry, a coworker asked me a question
14:10 davidnind no problem - thought you must have been interrupted
14:11 caroline_catlady 1st of august I am free I think
14:11 davidnind great!
14:12 * caroline_catlady is off to the minutes to review actions (already forgot)
14:13 davidnind I will be going to sleep, and then looking at it first thing later this morning!
14:13 caroline_catlady ok, let me know when you've created the git guide wiki page
14:13 caroline_catlady good night!
14:15 caroline_catlady does anyone know if increasing the  maxRecordsForFacets really affects server resources?
14:15 cait yes
14:15 caroline_catlady a lot of my clients complain that the facets are inaccurate, so I always increase it, but I'm afraid to increase it too much
14:15 cait are you using zebra facets or inbuilt?
14:16 caroline_catlady I think zebra
14:16 cait we find with cusotmers that have a bit more records the zebra ones are accurate but unusable
14:16 cait the performance is just too bad
14:16 caroline_catlady what do you mean unusable?
14:16 cait too slow
14:17 caroline_catlady how do I know if my facets are inbuilt?
14:17 cait the other critical is the one to show more results per page
14:17 cait that also is a huge performance killer
14:17 cait i am not sure if you can see it easily without looking at the koha-conf.xml
14:17 cait i always ask
14:18 cait facets are really THE thing i hope elastic will improve
14:18 caroline_catlady for me it's search relevance
14:18 cait oh
14:18 cait turn off autoquerytruncate
14:18 cait always
14:18 cait it just completely breaks reelvance
14:18 caroline_catlady yeah, it's terrible
14:19 cait since we turn it off, we are quite happy
14:19 caroline_catlady Ok I will not ask future clients if they want it or no, I will turn it off
14:19 cait yeah.. we have reached that point now too
14:19 cait also: queryweightfields
14:19 cait we just had a library where a truncated search using * gave less results than one without truncation..
14:20 cait and turning that off fixed it, now things seem to make sense
14:20 caroline_catlady weird...
14:20 caroline_catlady so just to go back to  maxRecordsForFacets, what is your maximum?
14:20 caroline_catlady I usually increase it to 100 when they complain
14:20 cait i think we usually have50
14:20 cait i would not use more to 100
14:20 cait more than
14:21 caroline_catlady ok
14:21 cait but you can also try and compare maybe, a few searhces
14:23 cait left #koha
14:30 fridolin we also encourage maxRecordsForFacets 100 max
14:31 mtompset joined #koha
14:31 mtompset Greetings, #koha
14:32 alex_a_ Is there any work, project or discussion about to integrate see from (and may be see also) in elasticsearch ?
14:33 alex_a_ Currently job is done with Zebra (only see from) but not with ES
14:37 ashimema Sure I've seen a few bugs around that area.. mostly zebra, but some dB level and suggestions of es but no concrete work
14:37 ashimema On the train right now, so a little hard to find them to link
14:39 ashimema Or maybe I'm thinking of more generic analytics type sets and things reports
14:43 laurence left #koha
14:44 mtompset Greetings, alex_a_ ashimema
14:45 alex_a_ hello mtompset
14:45 mtompset Anyone have an idea on how to determine the Amazon Unique ID (ASIN) from an ISBN?
14:46 mtompset Specifically an ISBN-13 with no corresponding ISBN-10 (e.g. 979-1090085008)
14:47 davidnind caroline_catlady: initial outline https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]for_documentation
14:47 caroline_catlady davidnind: thx! You didn't have to do it right away, go to sleep!
14:48 mtompset davidnind, ... I would put origin/master or something similar after your git checkout -b example.
14:50 caroline_catlady mtompset: what is the example? Like reseting to origin/master?
14:50 mtompset git checkout -b taigaXXXX
14:50 mtompset That would be better:
14:50 mtompset git checkout -b taigaXXXX origin/master
14:50 caroline_catlady oh? I didn't know
14:50 caroline_catlady what is the difference?
14:50 wahanui i heard the difference was that Koha doesn't support what you wnt in any other place :)
14:50 mtompset by putting the origin/master on the end, it tracks against a particular branch.
14:51 mtompset So, if you are working on older documentation:
14:51 caroline_catlady instead of just floating?
14:51 mtompset git checkout -b taigaXXXX origin/18.011.x
14:51 mtompset If you are working on current documentation:
14:51 mtompset git checkout -b taigaXXXX origin/master
14:51 caroline_catlady we always work on the newest documentation and then cherry pick to older manuals
14:52 davidnind mtompset: thanks, there is always something to learn with git!
14:53 mtompset I'm not familiar with cherry picking.
14:53 davidnind left #koha
14:53 mtompset I tend to use:
14:53 mtompset git format-patch -o ~/directory_for_the_job origin/master
14:54 mtompset and then attempt to apply individual patches.
14:54 fridolin left #koha
14:54 mtompset git am < ~/directory_for_the_job/0001-first-patch.patch
14:54 caroline_catlady mtompset: it's super easy on gitlab. There is literally a big red button that saus "cherry pick" and you choose where you want to send it
14:54 mtompset or manually make similar changes by visually comparing.
14:55 mtompset Ah.
14:58 dpk__ joined #koha
14:58 reiveune bye
14:58 reiveune left #koha
15:01 inlibro joined #koha
16:01 inlibro joined #koha
16:12 cait joined #koha
17:02 inlibro joined #koha
17:06 tcohen hi all
17:07 tcohen mtompset: git cherry-pick <HASH>
17:07 tcohen as easy as that
17:10 tcohen mtompset: have you seen bug 23248?
17:10 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23248 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , dies on invalid biblionumber
17:17 mtompset tcohen, Did you see that I reworked things?
17:18 mtompset There were a whole bunch of things that would trigger conflicts.
17:19 mtompset Let's hope this doesn't. :)
17:27 tcohen mtompset: where?
17:27 tcohen (where did you rework things?)
17:32 mtompset sorry, confused ISBD and MARCDetail ones.
17:32 mtompset bug 23248 signed off.
17:32 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23248 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , dies on invalid biblionumber
17:32 mtompset how about bug 21000, tcohen? :)
17:32 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21000 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , debian/build-git-snapshot script ignores -D
17:42 mtompset tcohen, how to test bug 22280?
17:42 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22280 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , The ILL module assumes every status needs a next/previous status
17:42 mtompset because I see your patch, and it eyeballs well, but not sure how to test it.
17:44 tcohen I have only been able to reproduce on 18.11
17:44 tcohen you need a plugin that defines a disconnected status_graph
17:45 tcohen disconnected in terms of UI interactions yielding status changes
17:45 tcohen this is important when some status changes are to be triggered by external means (API calls, etc)
17:46 tcohen maybe let ashimema review it first
17:46 tcohen ILL is… complicated he
17:47 tcohen my rationale was, that grep is wrong, it is not doing what they are expecting
17:47 tcohen fix it, and see if things break, and they don't
17:48 mtompset prove t/db_dependent/Illrequests.t triggers before and after each grep in Subtest: Backend testing (mocks) test 8,9,10,12
17:49 mtompset so I think it should be possible to add a test to that file which fails BEFORE the patch, and passes AFTER it.
17:49 tcohen ok!
17:49 tcohen I didn't manage to, in master
17:49 tcohen didn't try that hard, htough
17:49 mtompset bad tcohen bad! ;)
17:50 tcohen had to finish this damn ILL plugin first he
17:51 mtompset but before you jump to fixing that bug, bug 21000 is an easy test.
17:51 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21000 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , debian/build-git-snapshot script ignores -D
17:51 tcohen :-D
17:51 mtompset you don't even need to complete a full build, just the first few lines of it. :)
17:51 tcohen mtompset: check the status
17:52 mtompset Thank you. :)
17:52 tcohen I already read teh Getopt::Long docs to validate, and run a build
17:52 mtompset tcohen++ # thanks for the sign off. :)
17:52 tcohen thank you for the fix ;-)
17:52 tcohen mtompset++
17:53 mtompset the thing that bugs me is the default 16.06 and squeeze-dev. ;)
17:54 mtompset I am tempted to submit a patch to stretch and 19.06
17:55 tcohen mtompset: talk with mirko about it
17:56 tcohen or ashimema
17:56 wahanui somebody said ashimema was RMaint for 18.05 ?
17:56 tcohen wahanui: forget that
17:56 wahanui tcohen, I didn't have anything matching that
18:02 inlibro joined #koha
18:18 mtompset ARG! I forgot to watch for Academy tags again.
18:52 mtompset @seen oleonard
18:52 huginn` mtompset: oleonard was last seen in #koha 23 hours, 53 minutes, and 41 seconds ago: <oleonard> See y'all Friday.
18:53 mtompset Oh right... I forgot, July 4.
18:53 mtompset Happy Independence Day, American friends.
19:02 inlibro joined #koha
19:06 mtompset What are we trying to get Koha pages to validate as HTML5?
19:06 mtompset Not any variation of XHTML or XML?
19:11 JesseM joined #koha
20:02 inlibro joined #koha
20:46 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:02 inlibro joined #koha
22:03 inlibro joined #koha
23:03 inlibro joined #koha
23:39 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary