IRC log for #koha, 2019-07-03

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:22 mtompset @seen wizzyrea
00:22 huginn` mtompset: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 7 hours, 58 minutes, and 52 seconds ago: <wizzyrea> ashimema, the new oldoldstable only seems to appear on some bugs?
00:26 * mtompset hums Bowling for Soup, "He's still preoccupied: Bug 1985" ;)
00:26 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1985 enhancement, P3, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Email notification of new OPAC comments
00:36 wizzyrea joined #koha
00:39 mtompset Greetings, wizzyrea. I rescued bug 1985. :)
00:39 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1985 enhancement, P3, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Email notification of new OPAC comments
00:40 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
00:53 dpk__ joined #koha
00:55 inlibro joined #koha
01:17 wizzyrea joined #koha
01:22 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
01:52 mtompset @seen tcohen
01:52 huginn` mtompset: tcohen was last seen in #koha 1 day, 7 hours, 57 minutes, and 5 seconds ago: <tcohen> bug 23246
01:55 inlibro joined #koha
02:10 cait1 joined #koha
02:10 mtompset Greetings, cait
02:10 mtompset Greetings, cait1
02:35 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
02:55 inlibro joined #koha
09:00 logbot joined #koha
09:00 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
09:13 rangi should be back now
09:13 rangi i was trying to set it up to start on reboot
09:13 ashimema looking good, thanks ranig
09:13 ashimema rangi.. even
09:13 ashimema always fun.. I'm amazed by how difficult that is sometimes
09:15 cait looks good
09:15 rangi ah yep i see why
09:15 rangi Maintenance is required for one or more of your Linodes' physical hosts. This maintenance is necessary to patch the MDS (ZombieLoad) CPU vulnerability[1] and will incur downtime for your Linode(s).
09:15 rangi well mystery solved :)
09:17 * ashimema investigates why the graph is not reporting the most recent pushed bugs
09:19 rangi its showing the oldstable and stable ones
09:19 ashimema mm
09:19 rangi the 2 dots on the far right
09:19 ashimema maybe I've just not pushed..
09:20 ashimema could have sworn I had
09:20 * ashimema checks git vs bugzilla.. maybe my pushed script missed a batch on bugzilla
09:22 ashimema I know what it is..
09:25 ashimema tiny merge request inbound rangi.. if you're not already heading to bed or super super busy
09:28 rangi ill take a look now
09:30 ashimema ta
09:30 rangi hmmm
09:30 rangi Currently there are no changes in this merge request's source branch. Please push new commits or use a different branch.
09:31 rangi looks like you missed a commit?
09:31 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:31 ashimema sorry... should be there now..
09:31 ashimema the push didn't take for some reason
09:31 ashimema very strange
09:33 rangi hmm i see a typo
09:33 rangi oushed to oldoldstable
09:34 rangi want me to just merge and fix that?
09:34 ashimema yes please :)
09:34 * ashimema is working from the different keyboard today.. typos even more likely than usual
09:34 rangi will do
09:37 rangi try that
09:38 ashimema perfect, thanks rangi
09:39 ashimema I still have a race condition in there somewhere as sometimes the api response without half the data
09:39 ashimema but I'l investigate that locally for a while
09:39 ashimema not entirely sure how Dancer does that.. it's odd
09:39 rangi yeah
09:40 ashimema thankyou for fixing it all so quickly.. I'll be showing off the dashboard in our company meeting today. :)
09:41 rangi do you want me to turn the matariki theme off? was gonna leave it til monday
09:41 ashimema nah, leave it there.. it's pretty :)
09:41 ashimema and very in the spirit of Koha :)
09:42 rangi :) we should try and change it more for different holidays around the world :)
09:42 ashimema it's more about showing them all how I work through the RM queue and things
09:42 ashimema that would be cool :)
09:42 rangi sweet
09:42 rangi we have a halloween and an xmas one
09:42 rangi we should do a diwali one
09:42 rangi and a lunar new year
09:42 rangi lots we could do :)
09:43 * ashimema may get the daughter on the case for one of those.. good idea
09:43 rangi by we I mean francesca :)
09:43 rangi and yes, thats a great idea :)
09:44 cait who does lunar?
09:44 cait never heard of that :)
09:44 rangi china
09:45 rangi and a few other countries around that area of the world
09:45 * ashimema wonders if we have koha's installed in china.. I've not heard of any
09:45 ashimema but that's cool
09:45 rangi (some people call it chinese new year, but it is not just china)
09:45 rangi we do
09:45 rangi quite a few
09:45 ashimema awesome
09:45 cait ah ok, i had heard the latter before
09:46 cait hm have the case where I can put a hold on a record in staff without problems but not in OPAC :(
09:46 rangi Anthony Mao (who does the translations) has done a few
09:46 cait puzzled
09:46 * ashimema concentrate on his meeting now
09:46 cait good luck with with the presentation
09:47 ashimema have a good night rangi :)
09:48 rangi   <-- thats him, teaching at QinXian,
09:48 rangi Shanxi Province
09:49 rangi cya ashimema
09:49 ashimema nice
09:56 inlibro joined #koha
09:58 eythian hi
10:00 cait hi eythian
10:09 khall joined #koha
10:13 cait turns out it was OPACHoldsIfAvailableAtPickup - although I don't understand why yet
10:13 cait this is a single branch library... so there that should not matter
10:14 cait ... and if you add a library it works too - filing a bug
10:37 vfernandes joined #koha
10:56 inlibro joined #koha
11:02 vfernandes hi #koha
11:54 alex_a joined #koha
11:57 inlibro joined #koha
12:31 corilynn morning/afternoon/evening #koha!
12:49 cait hi corilynn :)
12:57 inlibro joined #koha
12:58 * ashimema is eagerly awaiting some items in the pqa queue ;)
13:03 edveal joined #koha
13:05 caroline_catlady hello everyone!
13:09 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23230: (follow-up) Fix broken tests <[…]894cee581526b4741>
13:09 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23230: Make _version_compare OO context aware <[…]3c21b435a7d081a16>
13:09 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23230: Unit tests <[…]2a2f202a66db7b3d0>
13:09 corilynn what's pqa?
13:10 ashimema Passed Quality Assurance
13:10 corilynn ah
13:10 ashimema i.e. either the RM is too efficient or the QA team are slacking.. hehe
13:10 corilynn 6 of one, half dozen of the other?
13:11 * ashimema is reluctant to pick up too muhc of a slack as RM doing QA is a little dangerous..
13:11 corilynn indeed
13:12 ashimema to be fair to them.. it's the NSO queue which is high I think
13:12 ashimema there's not all that many bugs in the NQA queue
13:12 ashimema Needs Sign Off, Needs QA
13:12 ashimema ;)
13:13 corilynn perfect, I'll help fill the NQA queue
13:14 alex_a joined #koha
13:14 ashimema I'd love to see some of the Majors in NSO moving forward..
13:14 ashimema excellent
13:14 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
13:14 ashimema :)
13:14 corilynn i'm hoping to get 18823 through
13:14 cait bug 18823
13:14 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18823 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Failed QA , Advanced editor - Rancor - add ability to edit records in import batches
13:15 corilynn but i probably can find a few other cataloging bugs to sign off
13:18 ashimema coolios :)
13:19 oleonard joined #koha
13:21 oleonard Hi #koha
13:24 caroline_catlady hi oleonard!
13:24 wahanui hi oleopard
13:26 tcohen morning all
13:27 caroline_catlady hi tcohen!
13:27 tcohen can someone try bug 22709? It already has a QA member SO
13:27 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22709 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Add hooks to notify plugins of biblio and item changes
13:27 tcohen hi caroline_catlady!
13:32 lukeG joined #koha
13:37 lukeG1 joined #koha
13:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #803: UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/803/
13:39 ashimema did I imagine that we do linting in the opacusercss and opacuserjs (for example) prefs now?
13:40 ashimema I see line numbers and syntax highlighting.. but I we don't seem to highlight errors?
13:40 ashimema hi tcohen
13:41 ashimema that bugs high up my hitlist tcohen... but I'm in a meeting today and tomorrow so if someone wants to get to it before me😉
13:44 oleonard ashimema: You imagined that
13:44 oleonard ashimema: Typical dev daydreams
13:44 ashimema :(
13:44 cait ashimema: not witht he code mirror
13:44 cait buton the about page
13:44 ashimema is it something we'd be keen to have?
13:44 cait look there
13:44 ashimema codemirror has lots of liniting
13:45 cait it should highlight invalid yaml now
13:45 cait ah ... wea re talking js/css... ignore me
13:45 ashimema mm
13:45 ashimema be nice if we could turn on the codemirror linters
13:45 ashimema yaml too would be good
13:45 ashimema there are linters for most popular languages
13:45 ashimema formats
13:46 oleonard ashimema: By the way I took a stab at Bug 23232 and was unsuccessful :(
13:46 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23232 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Enable the option to use the onscreen keyboard on the basic cataloguing editor
13:47 ashimema aww.. shame
13:47 ashimema no worries..
13:47 ashimema I'll try to take a look when I get a moment
13:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #298: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/298/
13:47 ashimema what stopped you in your tracks out of interest?
13:47 oleonard I think I'm missing some fundamental piece of understanding about how it works.... I
13:48 ashimema okies
13:48 oleonard It's clear how it works for a specific input, or for the whole CodeMirror editor, but getting it to work on an arbitrary set of inputs was stumping me
13:50 ashimema interesting
13:53 oleonard ashimema: Adding linters is a great idea... I'd never noticed that it was a feature
13:54 khall joined #koha
13:54 * ashimema uses codemirror as an editor somewhere.. can't remember where
13:55 ashimema we used it in rebus:list I seem to recall
13:55 ashimema
13:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #313: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/313/
13:57 inlibro joined #koha
14:11 calire left #koha
14:15 * oleonard grumbles at bad documentation
14:17 caroline_catlady :( which part?
14:17 oleonard Oh not ours caroline_catlady, CodeMirror's
14:17 caroline_catlady oh, ok then!
14:18 oleonard "Here's our linting feature. It works if you add the external dependencies we don't mention in the documentation!"
14:20 caroline_catlady typical dev documentation hehe!
14:23 cait left #koha
14:47 khall joined #koha
14:57 inlibro joined #koha
15:02 fridolin left #koha
15:12 oleonard matts around?
15:13 matts oleonard, around indeed
15:13 oleonard Hi, I'm looking at Bug 23258
15:13 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23258 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Batch holding
15:13 oleonard What is the "holding branch" field in the form? Is that the branch where the patron will pick up the hold?
15:15 dpk__ joined #koha
15:15 matts oleonard, hmm, that's what's given to AddReserve
15:16 oleonard So probably so? I guess I can test to find out.
15:18 matts Testing might be a good idea, yes :)
15:20 reiveune bye
15:21 reiveune left #koha
15:22 oleonard kidclamp around?
15:23 * kidclamp hides
15:23 manclamp you just misshed him oleonard
15:23 * oleonard addresses the kidclamp-shaped object behind the living room curtains
15:24 oleonard Did we end up changing the way the batch record modification form worked with regard to the different tab/input choices?
15:24 kidclamp I do not recall, elaborate?
15:25 oleonard Didn't we have a discussion about whether they should combine or be mutually-exclusive?
15:25 matts Oooh, I see follow-ups coming :)
15:25 oleonard Maybe it wasn't you I was discussing with kidclamp
15:25 kidclamp i don't recall, but that is not a perfect method
15:26 kidclamp meaning should uploading a file and specifying a list work together?
15:27 oleonard Yes. and I don't remember if the batch record mod form does or doesn't work that way.
15:27 kidclamp I think they should not, they should be exclusive forms I would think
15:27 oleonard I'm curious because it looks like the batch hold form does accept both together, and I'm looking for consistency
15:27 * oleonard will look again after early lunch
15:28 matts I will update the form if needed :)
15:28 matts bye
15:57 inlibro joined #koha
16:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #804: STILL UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/804/
16:09 khall joined #koha
16:09 laurence joined #koha
16:09 laurence left #koha
16:37 khall joined #koha
16:45 lukeG1 joined #koha
16:57 inlibro joined #koha
17:21 lisettelatah joined #koha
17:53 edveal joined #koha
17:58 inlibro joined #koha
18:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #116: SUCCESS in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/116/
18:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #116: UNSTABLE in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/116/
18:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #117: FAILURE in 3 min 6 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D8/117/
18:31 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
18:31 wahanui Congratulations!
18:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #111: FIXED in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/111/
18:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #117: SUCCESS in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_D9/117/
18:50 cait joined #koha
18:58 inlibro joined #koha
18:59 oleonard See y'all Friday.
19:09 lukeG joined #koha
19:15 lukeG1 joined #koha
19:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #112: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.11_U18/112/
19:44 edveal joined #koha
19:58 inlibro joined #koha
20:18 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
20:58 inlibro joined #koha
21:10 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:51 khall joined #koha
21:58 inlibro joined #koha
22:27 caroline_catlady good night everyone!
22:59 inlibro joined #koha
23:18 mtompset joined #koha
23:18 mtompset Greetings, #koha
23:22 mtompset thanks for letting me know, ashimema
23:29 mtompset @seen drojf
23:29 huginn` mtompset: drojf was last seen in #koha 31 weeks, 1 day, 4 hours, 14 minutes, and 38 seconds ago: <drojf> -s
23:59 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary