IRC log for #koha, 2019-06-21

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 inlibro joined #koha
01:06 inlibro joined #koha
01:09 khall joined #koha
01:24 dpk__ joined #koha
02:06 inlibro joined #koha
02:29 irma_ joined #koha
02:53 mtompset rangi++ # thanks for the schema site update. :)
02:54 mtompset Have a good day (24 hour period), #koha rangi
03:06 inlibro joined #koha
04:06 inlibro joined #koha
05:03 cait joined #koha
05:07 inlibro joined #koha
05:14 fridolin joined #koha
05:14 fridolin hi
05:14 wahanui bidet, fridolin
05:16 dpk__ joined #koha
05:42 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:07 inlibro joined #koha
06:28 magnuse \o/
06:32 marcelr joined #koha
06:32 marcelr hi #koha
06:37 liliputech_asu Hi Koha :)
06:42 cait joined #koha
06:43 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:46 reiveune joined #koha
06:46 reiveune hello
06:53 cait good morning #koha
06:55 liliputech_asu fridolin: happy bday :D/2
06:55 magnuse ooh, hooray for fridolin!
06:55 laurence joined #koha
06:56 cait happy bday :)
06:57 alex_a joined #koha
06:57 alex_a bonjour
07:07 inlibro joined #koha
07:17 magnuse joined #koha
07:37 magnuse joined #koha
07:44 ashimema mornin'
07:45 ashimema oh.. whose birthday?
07:45 ashimema Happy bithday Frido
07:48 fridolin ashimema: I have 39,5 years ;)
07:48 ashimema lol
07:59 cait :)
07:59 cait does someone know if we can change print view by configuration?
08:00 cait ihave an issue with the detail view pritnt screen
08:00 cait it only uses like a third of the page for the bibliographic data
08:00 ashimema :q
08:02 ashimema how strongly do we feel that action_logs timestamp should match exactly the updated_on field in whatever tables contain such a field and do action_logging too
08:03 cait ?
08:04 cait updated_on for which kind of data?
08:04 ashimema the borrowers table has an updated_on field which is an db maintained timestamp field
08:05 ashimema if you have borrower logs turned on then any update to the borrower record will trigger an action log and the update of the updated_on field in the borrowers table
08:05 cait ah, seems ok?
08:05 ashimema but.. although they're triggered in quick sucession you could well end up crossing a second boundary (we have been during some test runs) and as such the timestamps in the two tables won't match exactly
08:06 ashimema probably not an issue to be honest.. just thought I'd ask
08:06 cait interesting
08:06 cait i probably would fry another (bigger) fish :)
08:06 ashimema lol
08:07 ashimema fancy a trivial SO/QA?
08:07 ashimema bug 22741
08:07 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22741 normal, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Koha/Patrons.t is failing randomly on test BorrowerLogs and TrackLastPatronActivity
08:07 ashimema test plan..
08:07 inlibro joined #koha
08:07 ashimema prior to patch lots of runs of t/db_dependant/Patrons.t would result in failure.. post patch it should never fail
08:08 ashimema it does have the side effect that updated_on field changes are no longer ever recorded in the action_logs.. but I don't think it makes sense to record it anyway
08:10 cait sorry, too many support tickets right now
08:14 marcelr ashimema: 22741 should not be trivial?
08:14 ashimema ok.. then I'll just make you happy by giving you this hint link:
08:14 ashimema yup
08:15 marcelr just had random fails on Circulation.t too
08:15 ashimema on the PTFS-E sandboxes you can now trigger a dbic schema rebuild and a css rebuild if you want to :)
08:15 ashimema ack
08:16 ashimema hmm
08:16 ashimema where did you see a random Circulation.t fail.. I'm not seeing any records of that on jenkins?
08:19 marcelr bug 23103
08:19 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23103 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, BLOCKED , Cannot checkin items lost by deleted patrons with fines attached
08:20 ashimema lol.. Kyle is always making silly commit message mistakes like that
08:22 cait ... so last_seen... is updated by checkin/checkout, right?
08:22 cait not by editing the item it seems?
08:24 ashimema last_seen is set by a few things
08:24 ashimema login/logout, checkin/checkout I believe
08:25 ashimema but it's only set once a day if I remember rightly
08:27 * ashimema looks at the failing test
08:33 ashimema hmm
08:33 ashimema I can't get it to fail marcelr..
08:40 marcelr joined #koha
08:40 marcelr ashimema: yes, strange
08:40 ashimema thanks for bug 13640.. glad we have a solid QA process.. I totally missed the NULL case
08:40 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13640 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Holds To Pull List includes items unreserveable items
08:44 marcelr could be dangerous to sign off, qa and push in one go
08:44 ashimema I don't often do that ;)
08:44 marcelr you are to be commended :)
08:47 marcelr Failed test 'Item needs rentalcharge confirmation to be issued'
08:47 marcelr there it comes again ;)
08:48 ashimema wierd..
08:48 ashimema I'll re-run a few more times.. see if I can replicate it
08:48 ashimema how are you testing.. koha-testing-docker?
08:48 marcelr i try to replicate without the patches but no luck sofar
08:49 ashimema very interestin
08:49 marcelr at first glance those patches should not cause it
08:49 marcelr just running prove
08:51 mifantrax joined #koha
08:53 mifantrax Guten Tag to all. How do I make opac redirect to the original link after authentication, users have to go back to the catalog or original link location after they are asked to login
08:53 marcelr ashimema: there is something with missing rollbacks in Circulation.t ?
08:53 mifantrax i use openid
08:54 mifantrax Tahnk youQ!
08:54 ashimema could be..
08:54 marcelr its a bit messy there
08:55 marcelr subtests were inserted at the wrong place
08:56 marcelr i have 84 branches now like a8DC0DN_YA
08:57 cait ashimema: item , not patron :)
08:57 ashimema yikes
08:57 ashimema yeah.. that test is very challenging to read
08:57 cait last_seen initem, but still thanks :)
08:58 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:58 wahanui Congratulations!
08:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #290: FIXED in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/290/
09:01 marcelr ashimema: i will do some cleanup: do you prefer a new report for it or on the existing one ?
09:03 ashimema probably a new report.. keep the concerns distinct so we can thoroughly test it still does what it says it's doing
09:03 ashimema thakns marcelr
09:04 marcelr ok
09:07 inlibro joined #koha
09:17 alexbuckley joined #koha
09:17 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 13640: (QA follow-up) Allow NULL values for default_branch_item_rules.holdallowed <[…]4a25dfff509651ecc>
09:17 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23140: Fix typo in branchcode parameters for print slip <[…]fc6380b002e323db6>
09:17 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23090: Add some special characters <[…]ba546c9f107bfad6e>
09:17 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 13640: Do not display unreserveable items on the Holds to pull screen <[…]2e3eb87f7e0702bfd>
09:27 marcelr ashimema: 23177 and 23103 are for you
09:27 ashimema ta, just reading 23177
09:27 ashimema :)
09:32 ashimema man I don't like tests that start with a 'kill everything in the database'
09:33 ashimema it just kinda scares me
09:33 marcelr yeah but at least the rollback is ok now ;)
09:34 ashimema indeed
09:34 marcelr i messed up my test data quite a bit running this test thousands of times
09:35 marcelr even more argument to run them on another db
09:35 marcelr ?
09:35 ashimema mmm
09:35 ashimema I suppose in effect I always am myself
09:36 ashimema I use koha-testing-docker for running tests these days
09:36 ashimema which means I'm only ever a reset_all away from a fresh DB
09:37 ashimema and gave me the confidence to run tests knowing I wasn't going to bork my own test data outside of the container
09:38 ashimema I struggled to wrap my head around the running tests on a separate DB patches.. I did SO them at a point in time when i understood the code..
09:38 ashimema but I don't tihnk anyone ventured into QAing thme
09:39 ashimema hmm
09:39 ashimema with 23177 the tests now fail in koha-testing-docker sometimes
09:39 * ashimema is now confused even more.. the changes looked sane and sensible to me
09:45 marcelr hmm
09:46 ashimema ok.. I now can't get them to fail
09:46 ashimema grr
09:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #780: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/780/
09:47 marcelr only point would be a fail in the subtests where i remove a txn
09:47 marcelr but i dont think they need their own txn
09:50 magnuse have fun #koha, see you in august!
09:50 marcelr and he is gone
09:50 laurence joined #koha
09:51 ashimema enjoy magnuse
09:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #276: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/276/
10:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #291: UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/291/
10:00 paul_p joined #koha
10:06 khall joined #koha
10:07 inlibro joined #koha
10:10 marcelr ashimema: i am curious if 23177 resolves the last failure on D8
10:10 ashimema haha.. you read my mind
10:10 marcelr looks like it
10:10 wahanui looks like it is just us!
10:11 ashimema I've triggered another build to rule out it being entirely random
10:26 marcelr htg
10:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #292: STILL UNSTABLE in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/292/
11:08 inlibro joined #koha
11:34 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23177: (RM follow-up) Further test clarifications <[…]691f83d94b6d379ce>
11:34 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23177: (QA follow-up) Remove subtest txn_begin and rollback <[…]cd3a6b472de25da98>
11:34 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23177: (QA follow-up) Move rollback to the end <[…]e9110ba9957df52f1>
11:34 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23177: (QA follow-up) Move three subs from the middle to the top in Circulation.t <[…]4c7eaec2054d234ef>
11:40 cait khall: isit planned to make it possible to run cronjobs from devbox?
11:41 ashimema i wasn't aware you couldn't cait?
11:42 cait you have no ssh
11:42 cait how would you :)
11:42 cait oh
11:42 cait not devbox
11:42 cait sandbox
11:42 cait sorry... it's me
11:42 ashimema ah.. that makes allot more sense
11:43 ashimema I don't see an issue for it anywhere
11:43 ashimema hmm..
11:43 ashimema not entirely sure how we could do that..
11:43 ashimema you want to be able to literally run any of the cron scripts individually right
11:43 ashimema at the push of a button?
11:44 cait that woudl be the nicest
11:44 cait it does offer a reindex
11:44 ashimema I suppose we could pass a variable string in
11:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23103: (QA follow-up) Return undef implicitly <[…]136df09ea97c030bb>
11:44 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23103: Cannot checkin items lost by deleted patrons with fines attached <[…]714b03aed5b6a84bb>
11:44 cait something like fines and overdues
11:44 cait the ones most often needed
11:44 ashimema but you're need to know what the script name and options are
11:44 ashimema which i suppose makes sense as you may well be testing a new param
11:45 cait i think often you just need to create some fines
11:45 cait so starting with the simpler ones would be alright
11:45 cait fines has no options i think
11:45 ashimema can you add an issue/bug somewhere for it?
11:45 cait i was wondering
11:45 cait where would i do that? gitlab?
11:45 cait also see pm ):
11:45 cait :)
11:45 ashimema as I've just added dbic schema rebuilds and css rebuilds on demand I could perhaps add this too
11:46 cait we can do css now?
11:46 oleonard joined #koha
11:46 oleonard Hi all
11:47 ashimema I 'think' koha-sandboxes-docker lives at[…]xes-docker/issues still.. don't think it's been fully adopted by community in the gitlab repo yet
11:47 ashimema and the PTFS sandboxes have these two pull requests merged:[…]oxes-docker/pulls
11:47 cait ah tanks, was just looking for the right repo
11:47 cait that's great
11:47 ashimema so.. on our sandboxes you can indeed build css and dbic schema at request
11:47 alex_a joined #koha
11:48 ashimema oleonard the css one was for you especially :)
11:49 ashimema so yeah.. is starting to be really nice..
11:49 ashimema I need to ditch the old style sandboxes now I think.. it's costing us a fair bit to keep two servers going
11:58 cait i think the only noticeable difference no is trnaslations
12:01 ashimema as in the sandbox manager isn't translated or the koha instances can't have translations installed?
12:02 cait translations installed
12:02 cait still waiting for mine to finish provisioniong so i can look at new shiny stuff
12:02 cait build CSS ther eit is
12:02 cait :)
12:03 ashimema yeah.. it's not the quickest process getting a sandbox provisioned
12:03 ashimema I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to improve that
12:06 alex_a joined #koha
12:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #781: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/781/
12:08 inlibro joined #koha
12:09 oleonard Oh, sorry ashimema I wasn't paying attention -- sandboxes with CSS changes is great news!
12:09 * oleonard plugs Bug 23013
12:09 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23013 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Upgrade DataTables in the staff client
12:10 ashimema it's not fully automated yet.. you have to actually click the button once the sandbox is there.. but I like that it give's the end user the control to be able to do so..
12:10 ashimema my Dockerfile foo isn't good enough yet to have it happen on patch application
12:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #277: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/277/
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23150: (follow-up) Make gdpr_proc_consent mandatory for create <[…]f919a3daf4712e8e5>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23150: Do not consider gdpr_proc_consent a mandatory field <[…]b922be9aa2a9eed1d>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23153: In framework management action subfields must not go directly to edition <[…]08e6bdd2c163151ae>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 15814: Add missing filters <[…]85c82479c12337309>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 23097: Fix regression on overdues report and link patrons to moremember <[…]70a385a942c80c134>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22571: (follow up) fix Donald cut-&-paste error <[…]5d668c1b140be6ec2>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22617: Fix checkout notes typo in manage_checkout_notes permission usage <[…]b241d5049632870df>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 15814: Handle correctly MMTA edit button <[…]fbc92d34b6559dcac>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22946: Markup error in OPAC search results around selection links <[…]1268117645bda80f3>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22571: Handle control fields in MMT for conditionals <[…]2b5156fc1a61f11ec>
12:14 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22571: Add tests <[…]953f5e6e8c249b6d0>
12:14 ashimema you guys are on fire today.. lots of SO and QA going on :)
12:15 ashimema go team
12:15 ashimema teamwork++
12:16 * oleonard wonders if ashimema still gets an instinctive sinking feeling from those kohagit messages from his maintainer days
12:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #293: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/293/
12:20 ashimema haha
12:20 ashimema it's a different feeling now.. more of a 'I hope it passes, I hope it passes' feeling
12:21 ashimema seems no matter how hard you try Jenkins still sometimes catches you.. hehe
12:21 ashimema hmm
12:21 ashimema that selenium one is fun..
12:22 ashimema time to investigate.. seems it's no longer random
12:33 khall joined #koha
12:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #278: UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/278/
12:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #782: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/782/
12:52 alex_a ashimema++
12:58 caroline_crazycatlady good morning!
12:58 caroline_crazycatlady happy solstice! :)
13:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #294: STILL UNSTABLE in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/294/
13:08 inlibro joined #koha
13:14 paul_p joined #koha
13:23 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
13:23 wahanui Congratulations!
13:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #279: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/279/
13:32 wizzycray joined #koha
14:08 inlibro joined #koha
14:38 fridolin left #koha
14:43 khall joined #koha
14:44 lisettelatah joined #koha
14:58 alex_a_ joined #koha
14:59 reiveune bye
14:59 reiveune left #koha
15:08 inlibro joined #koha
15:32 oleonard jajm around?
15:36 oleonard @seen jajm
15:36 huginn` oleonard: jajm was last seen in #koha 2 days, 6 hours, 59 minutes, and 48 seconds ago: <jajm> cait, it looks like i have been given access to this repository one week ago ([…]/project_members), i'm not sure what i can do, but i cannot accept merge requests. It looks like only tcohen rangi and Joubu can
15:38 jajm oleonard, hi
15:38 oleonard Hi jajm, I'm curious: Do you use jshint or eslint or something like that when you work with JavaScript?
15:39 jajm oleonard, yes I use eslint
15:40 oleonard We have a coding guideline which says to use jshint but that rule is quite old now. I am going to propose that we recommend eslint instead
15:41 ashimema :+1:
15:41 ashimema I'd back that
15:43 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Could we agree on a simple set of rules? This is what I use" (21 lines) at
15:46 oleonard ^ what do you think ashimema, jajm?
15:46 ashimema looks reasonable to me.. but I'm not the js expert here ;)
15:47 ashimema andrewish handles most of our js requirements these days
15:49 jajm oleonard, I personnally use standardjs (with a few exceptions), i believe it is a lot more strict than eslint:recommended, but it avoided me a few bugs ;)
15:50 jajm that's what I use :[…]ster/.eslintrc.js
15:52 laurence left #koha
15:53 oleonard Thanks for your input. I'll bring it up at the dev meeting
15:54 ashimema stick it on the agenda oleonard..
15:54 ashimema it's gonna be a bit meeting
16:02 wizzycray oleonard-away, when you have a minute
16:02 wizzycray i have a question about changing colour of the icons
16:03 wizzycray namely that I can't for the life of me get it to work
16:08 * ashimema clocks off for the night.. have a great weekend #koha
16:09 inlibro joined #koha
16:10 cait joined #koha
16:13 laurence joined #koha
16:13 laurence left #koha
16:58 oleonard wizzycray: Icons?
17:09 inlibro joined #koha
17:13 wizzycray yeah, things with class icon-<something>
17:13 oleonard OPAC?
17:13 wahanui i heard OPAC was mostly translated
18:06 davidnind joined #koha
18:09 inlibro joined #koha
18:12 khall joined #koha
18:44 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
19:09 inlibro joined #koha
19:20 hizzycray joined #koha
19:36 papa joined #koha
19:54 wizzycray joined #koha
20:09 inlibro joined #koha
20:12 khall joined #koha
21:09 inlibro joined #koha
21:18 davidnind tcohen or wizzycray: Are you able to give me control of the Koha YouTube channel so I can get started improving it? Thanks! (Hesitates to bother such busy people!)([…]9-06-05#i_2149054)
21:39 davidnind left #koha
22:10 inlibro joined #koha
22:24 caroline_crazycatlady have a good weekend everyone!
23:10 inlibro joined #koha
23:25 khall joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary