IRC log for #koha, 2019-05-29

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:08 mtj mwr: a) it makes no difference, as long as you add apache ServerAlias values for all your required FQDNs
00:09 dpk_ joined #koha
00:10 mtj mwr: b) it makes no difference; and yes, the apache resolution will work regardless of the port numbers
00:13 * mtj finds it a little easier to have opac and staff interfaces on different port numbers, for testing
05:19 cait joined #koha
05:48 calire joined #koha
05:53 paxed goddamnit perl.
05:54 paxed cait: re bug 22910, there seems to be something that makes the $op variable unavailable to patron_attributes_form on one system i've tried, but not on my test system.
05:54 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22910 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Signed Off , Do not copy unique patron attributes to duplicated patron
06:07 fridolin joined #koha
06:08 fridolin hi
06:15 indradg joined #koha
06:16 cait paxed: sorry, can'treally help today, about to head into work
06:17 cait configuration settings?
06:19 paxed or anything, really, and perl irc channels are of no help at this time.
06:22 paxed cait: redid the patch
06:22 cait found the issue?
06:23 paxed no
06:23 paxed worked around it
06:23 paxed the environment i have available where i found it doesn't work is a production one, so can't really debug
06:24 indradg joined #koha
06:34 matts hello !
06:39 magnuse \o/
06:40 reiveune joined #koha
06:41 reiveune hello
06:49 calire morning
06:53 paul_p joined #koha
06:54 davidnind joined #koha
07:01 sophie_m joined #koha
07:09 cait joined #koha
07:20 janPasi joined #koha
07:21 liliputech_asu morning :)
07:29 magnuse joined #koha
07:39 cait davidnind++
07:40 cait and good morning #koha
07:54 indradg joined #koha
08:04 kattekrab joined #koha
08:04 kattekrab Hello!
08:06 cait hi kattekrab :)
08:06 cait last one to get home?
08:06 kattekrab I think so!  Except for those who had holiday adventures planned.
08:08 cait @wunder Konstanz
08:08 huginn` cait: Error: Failed to load Wunderground API. Check the logs for more information.
08:08 cait hm still broken
08:21 greenjimll joined #koha
08:32 kohaputti joined #koha
08:32 kattekrab left #koha
08:56 indradg joined #koha
08:57 cait Has anyone had problems iwth inventory not finding barcodes by chance?
08:57 cait My file has only one barcode now (for testing) BUD$00301388 and there is an item with this barcode int he list... but it always remains "Missing (not scanned)"
09:04 kohaputti joined #koha
09:06 magnuse cait: could the dollar sign be problematic?
09:07 cait it is for zebra... but: some other barcodes are foudn :(
09:07 cait and they are always the same schema
09:08 cait i can also not find any additoinal characters like spaces
09:10 cait the ohters that are found are marked as 'out of place'
09:10 cait which makes sense, since they have different callnumbers
09:10 cait so they actually are... but are are on display together
09:14 cait hm
09:14 cait and even more fun... the date last seen is updated
09:15 cait } elsif ( grep /^$barcode$/, @scanned_barcodes ) {
09:15 cait i bet it doesn't like the $
09:15 cait the wrong_place is then dealt with later
09:16 cait no regex there elsif( !exists $rightplacelist->{ $item->{barcode} } ) {
09:17 cait magnuse++
09:18 cait not sure yet how to exactly fix it... i am not even sure what the grep is useful there for?
09:18 cait cutting off line breaks?
09:25 magnuse which grep?
09:25 magnuse ah, was looking at the wrong line
09:26 magnuse guess it runs the regexp on all elements in the array?
09:26 magnuse perldoc -f grep
09:28 kohaputti joined #koha
09:30 cait it loops through them
09:30 cait but it appears we don't only loop once
09:30 cait my @scanned_barcodes = map {$_->{barcode}} @scanned_items;
09:31 indradg joined #koha
09:33 magnuse does that take a list of items and return a list of corresponding barcodes?
09:33 cait i think it's a list of barcodes
09:33 cait but the map stuff .... I don't quite understand
09:34 cait Joubu: around maybe?
09:34 cait i am writing up a bug report
09:36 cait bug 2306
09:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2306 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, CLOSED REMIND, adds one too many items
09:36 cait bug 23006
09:37 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23006 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Can't use inventory tool with barcodes that contain regex relevant characters ($,...)
09:37 m23 joined #koha
09:42 mtj hiya cait, i think perl's quotemeta might fix the problem ^
09:42 mtj
09:42 mtj } elsif ( grep /^\Q$barcode$\E/, @scanned_barcodes ) {
09:43 mtj oops, typo..
09:43 mtj } elsif ( grep /^\Q$barcode\E$/, @scanned_barcodes ) {
09:44 cait hi mtj :)
09:44 mtj some talk about a similar problem...->[…]ecessary-to-use-e
09:44 mtj if (/\Q$exact_text/) { ... }
09:45 mtj hiya :0)
09:46 mtj } elsif ( grep /\Q$barcode/, @scanned_barcodes ) {
09:46 cait mtj: can you explain what the grep is trying to achieve there?
09:47 cait it seems later on we don't use one, which is wh other messages get displayed
09:49 cait and why the second without hte E?
09:50 mtj "The final \E is not needed if nothing dangerous follows it. I'm not sure this behaviour is documented, but I've seen it many times."
09:51 cait maybe using quotemeta would be more readable
09:51 mtj ... according to someone on S.O (so must be true)
09:52 mtj hmm, i cant see the quotemeta page confirm that ^
09:52 cait might be safer to add it? } elsif ( grep /^\Q$barcode\E$/, @scanned_barcodes ) {
09:52 mtj okay.. lets not remove the ..\E
09:52 mtj agreed
09:53 cait I have no time to implement and test it right now :(
09:53 cait but i have updated the bug, hope to give it a try later
09:55 mtj i think the grep line, tests for a matching $barcode in the array of  @scanned_items  barcodes
09:56 magnuse joined #koha
09:57 mtj ..perl determines a match from grep is true
10:04 indradg joined #koha
10:05 * mtj hasnt time to test right now too
10:11 cait mtj++ thx for thelp :)
10:18 khall joined #koha
10:19 mtj np, anytime
10:32 khall joined #koha
10:37 irma_ joined #koha
10:39 magnuse joined #koha
11:24 vfernandes joined #koha
11:24 magnuse joined #koha
11:33 oleonard joined #koha
11:33 oleonard Hi #koha
11:38 clrh Hi, I am discovering vote feature on BZ Oo probably late but it is great :)=
11:39 clrh I do not understand when I get back my votes. I can "change them" anytime nevermind if there are on closed bz ?
11:40 oleonard Do the votes... do anything?
11:40 clrh prioritising bz if someone have to choose between two oleonard ?
11:40 clrh Joubu: seems to use its
11:43 oleonard https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]mat=advanced&v1=1
11:44 tcohen morning
11:48 * cait waves
11:48 tcohen hi cait oleonard clrh
11:48 cait clrh: we activated the feature, but i think noone really checks the votes right now :(
11:54 clrh cait: so it is apparently new
11:54 clrh ?
11:59 khall joined #koha
12:03 clrh I dont find a way to add a column with "votes" to order by them for example. I tought it was possible :/
12:04 clrh change columnes.... pffffffff
12:04 wahanui clrh: that doesn't look right
12:10 oleonard clrh: It's possible -- That's what I did in the link I pasted above
12:11 clrh thanks oleonard
12:27 paul_p joined #koha
12:40 davidnind left #koha
12:54 magnuse joined #koha
12:57 cait clrh: no, i thas been active for a looonng time
13:10 clrh okay ;)
13:10 caroline_catlady joined #koha
13:10 cait we have never really advertised it or done something with it (which we should probably?)
13:13 caroline_catlady good morning!
13:14 oleonard Hi caroline_catlady
13:43 calire left #koha
13:46 cait good morning :)
13:51 magnuse hiya caroline_catlady
14:02 lukeG joined #koha
14:10 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:14 wizzyrea hi
14:15 oleonard Hi wizzyrea
14:25 caroline_catlady which field is used for the series facet in marc21? 490 or 830?
14:31 reiveune bye
14:31 reiveune left #koha
14:40 cait marcelr++ thank you
14:53 kohaputti joined #koha
15:11 mwr mtj: Thank you from yesterday.
15:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #158: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_17.11_D8/158/
15:46 kidclamp joined #koha
15:48 caroline_catlady in circ rules, a rule for a specific library/all user categories should take precedence over a rule for all libraries/same user category, no?
15:49 kidclamp yes
15:50 caroline_catlady Does this apply to holds as well?
15:51 cait holiday here tomorrow :) bye all :)
15:51 caroline_catlady Specifically, I have a rule for a specific library/all user categories that says users can have 3 holds per record. But the rule for all libraries/same user category says users can only place one hold per record. It is the second that is applied
15:51 caroline_catlady I can't place more than one hold per record
15:51 cait left #koha
15:52 kidclamp are any of the holds specific rules set? in the lower sections?
15:53 caroline_catlady For all libraries, the default checkout, hold and return policy says 50, 50, From any library, anylibrary, item returns home (other than the 50's, I think it's what's there by default
15:53 caroline_catlady )
15:53 kidclamp what are circcontrl and reservescontrolbranch set to?
15:54 caroline_catlady item's library
15:54 kidclamp both of them?
15:54 caroline_catlady yes
15:55 caroline_catlady item's home library and library the item is from
15:55 kidclamp holds per record is set to 3 and 1 respectively, what about holds allowed and maxreserves?
15:56 kidclamp heh, sorry caroline_catlady , just checking all the things
15:56 caroline_catlady no problem
15:56 kidclamp also, i just got home, so could be spouting nonsense
15:56 caroline_catlady maxreserves : 50
15:58 caroline_catlady holds allowed for specific library 10 (3 per record); and holds allowed for all libraries/same patron category 2 (1 per record)
15:58 kidclamp title or item level holds?
15:58 fridolin left #koha
15:59 kidclamp same setup I can place 3 record level holds
15:59 caroline_catlady item level holds
15:59 caroline_catlady it is on a record that has items from several libraries
15:59 kidclamp but multipel form the matchign branch?
16:00 caroline_catlady yes
16:00 caroline_catlady the client is on 18.05, but I tried it on master as well
16:00 caroline_catlady let me try again
16:00 kidclamp I cannot recreate
16:01 kidclamp
16:02 caroline_catlady Mine is
16:05 caroline_catlady ^ that is on master
16:05 caroline_catlady on the client's db in 18.05
16:09 kidclamp select branchcode,categorycode,holds_per_record, holds_per_day,reservesallowed FROM issuingrules;
16:09 kidclamp caroline_catlady: ^
16:09 caroline_catlady just a minute rice
16:09 * kidclamp likes my new nickname "rice"
16:11 caroline_catlady this is from the client's db (no holds per day) for all libraries | *          | DS           |                1 |               1 |
16:11 caroline_catlady eesh
16:11 caroline_catlady let me paste that elsewhere
16:11 kidclamp paste?
16:11 kidclamp oh, wahanui
16:11 wahanui kidclamp: what?
16:11 kidclamp
16:12 kidclamp paste is
16:12 kidclamp wahanui: paste is
16:12 wahanui i already had it that way, kidclamp.
16:12 kidclamp paste?
16:12 wahanui paste is
16:13 pastebot "caroline_catlady" at pasted "+------------+--------------+-" (8 lines) at
16:14 caroline_catlady I snipped it because it was276 rows
16:19 caroline_catlady I have to go, but I will try again this afternoon
16:21 kidclamp kk, sorry, i don't see the issue
16:33 cait joined #koha
16:55 * oleonard biab
17:22 davidnind joined #koha
17:53 oleonard joined #koha
18:34 greenjimll joined #koha
18:59 kidclamp meeting?
18:59 wahanui meeting is over :)
18:59 cait meeting
19:00 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 29 May 2019
19:00 huginn` Meeting started Wed May 29 19:00:43 2019 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
19:00 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 May 2019)
19:00 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_29_may_2019'
19:00 kidclamp #topic Introductions
19:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 May 2019)
19:01 kidclamp #info NIck Clemens, ByWaterSolutions
19:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:01 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
19:01 greenjimll |#info Jon Knight, Loughborough Uni, UK
19:01 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_29_May_2019 meeting agenda
19:02 cait hm
19:02 cait we should have the vote for naming the rleases after muppets today
19:02 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
19:03 kidclamp heh, taking advatange of the attendence cait :-)
19:03 davidnind
19:03 kidclamp well, 5 of us, this can be short :-)
19:03 kidclamp #topci Announcements
19:03 bag +1
19:03 cait kidclamp: typo :)
19:03 kidclamp #topic Announcements
19:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 May 2019)
19:03 kidclamp I announce that I just got home today, so expect many typos
19:04 bag welcome home
19:04 cait welcome back
19:04 kidclamp the jetlag is real
19:04 kidclamp thanks!
19:04 cait no announcements from me
19:04 kidclamp anyone else have announcements?
19:05 bag nada
19:05 greenjimll Nope
19:05 cait davidnind? :)
19:05 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager
19:05 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 May 2019)
19:06 davidnind Swedish Koha User Group meeting in October[…]-17-oktober-2019/
19:06 bag RM has jetlag
19:06 kidclamp I am prepping for release, thank you to many of you for hands on the release notes
19:06 kidclamp davidnind++
19:06 kidclamp cait++
19:06 kidclamp ashimema++
19:06 kidclamp koha++
19:06 kidclamp joubu++
19:06 bag kidclamp++
19:07 kidclamp will do final pushing and reviews tonight and shepherd things out tomorrow
19:07 cait kidclamp: there are quite a few notes for you to 'remove'
19:07 kidclamp :-)
19:07 cait i can go through them tomorrow and standardize to RMNOTE like martin started if you want
19:07 kidclamp yes, joubu has a helper for generating notes too
19:07 caroline_catlady joined #koha
19:07 kidclamp I think next release we can find a way to automate removing unwanted notes
19:07 cait hm?
19:07 kidclamp anywho, just trying to get things done :-)
19:08 cait ... and please people stop pushing follow-ups to already released bugs
19:08 kidclamp :-)
19:08 kidclamp #info release coming along, thanks to all for hands on releasenotes
19:08 cait #info Don't push follow-ups with bug numbers that have already been released!
19:08 kidclamp heh
19:08 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
19:08 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 May 2019)
19:09 cait um
19:09 cait i had a concern
19:09 kidclamp oh, osrry
19:09 cait little too fast
19:09 cait Mana
19:09 kidclamp #chari cait
19:09 cait i can do that in qa
19:09 kidclamp #chair cait
19:09 huginn` Current chairs: cait kidclamp
19:09 cait let's to maints and i say my thing in QA
19:09 kidclamp lukeG: around?
19:10 kidclamp #maints will work on their releases too I am sure :-)
19:10 cait #info rmaints working on their releases
19:11 kidclamp moving on?
19:11 cait yep
19:12 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
19:12 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 May 2019)
19:12 cait I am concerned about the bugs left open for Mana
19:12 cait we will be advertising this as a new feature in the release notes and people were also hyped up at Kohacon
19:12 cait but
19:12 cait bug 22915
19:12 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22915 blocker, P1 - high, 19.05, koha-bugs, NEW , Cannot subscribe to Mana-KB
19:12 cait bug 22210
19:12 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22210 major, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Signed Off , Allow organisations to sign up to Mana KB (don't only ask for firstname lastname)
19:13 cait i believe alex_a is still on vacation as paul_p said last week
19:13 cait I have no idea how we can fix this
19:13 cait Mana has been pushed early, but the bugs have not been taken care of :(
19:14 kidclamp can other recreate registration problems?
19:14 cait it certainly needs more testing, but i don't know how
19:15 cait it looks like there are several mana domains
19:15 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
19:15 cait production, test and also ui.mana-kb
19:15 cait i am confused
19:15 cait also:
19:16 greenjimll Is it something that could be billed as a "first cut preview release"?
19:16 bag @seen paul_p
19:16 huginn` bag: paul_p was last seen in #koha 6 weeks, 5 days, 9 hours, 20 minutes, and 13 seconds ago: <paul_p> hi cait
19:16 cait bug 22913
19:16 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22913 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , should not return a 404 error
19:16 cait sorry, wrong url above
19:16 cait greenjimll: i am more leaning to deactivating it
19:17 cait and releasing it with .01 at this point
19:17 cait unless we can fix the sign up
19:17 cait but it leaves the argument about what data we shoudl ask for at sign-up - not sure if it matters if we change that later
19:17 cait right now it's surname lastname
19:17 kidclamp by deactiviating you mean disabling the advertising of the feature?
19:18 cait shoudl be change to just be name
19:18 cait i dunno
19:18 cait what do people think?
19:18 cait I can try to test tomorrow... but i already got stuck
19:18 greenjimll O
19:18 greenjimll I
19:18 greenjimll Oops
19:18 kidclamp I think if we can verify if registration works or not we can decide - if one can register I think beta is ok and we can fix the name part later
19:18 cait ok
19:19 greenjimll I'd say that the last name/first name is less of an issue than the failures to sign up/404s
19:19 kidclamp if we really can't register at all I would ocnsider disabling the message
19:19 cait greenjimll: agreed, if we can change it later easily
19:19 cait shoudl be possible i guess
19:19 cait i just really wished we coudl release this more polished
19:19 davidnind if something is not ready, what do we normally do?
19:19 cait davidnind: not push it ;)
19:20 tcohen disable by default, and maybe mark it EXPERIMENTAL on the sysprefs
19:20 tcohen (the on/off switch description)
19:20 cait at least generally, tcohen's suggestion is good too
19:20 greenjimll I assume it did work at some point to get signed off/QAed/pushed?
19:21 cait it's pretty 'in the face' right now
19:21 kidclamp yes, the feature was tested and was successful
19:21 cait asking you to decide to turn it on/off
19:21 greenjimll So its a problem in the service its talking to rather than the Koha codebase?
19:22 cait i think of the sign-off issue that might be part of the issuse
19:22 cait that we cannot fix if something has to be fixed on the mana server
19:23 greenjimll But similarly if its effectively a "third party" service (the Mana server in this case) that's the issue, that could happen just as easily after release as before.
19:24 kidclamp I think mana is very new, we expect some growing pains, but I would still ratehr have it than not
19:24 kidclamp I am going to test registration today and would ask that others do as well
19:24 cait it woudl not look to pull out now
19:24 cait not look good
19:24 kidclamp bug 17047
19:24 cait so fixing is much preferred
19:24 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17047 new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, RESOLVED FIXED, Mana Knowledge Base : Data sharing
19:25 kidclamp instructions are there on setup
19:25 cait according to the sign-up bug the registration on test might not work as the changes have been applied there
19:25 cait or should only work with the patch applied
19:26 cait just noting for people testing
19:26 cait so probably need to test master with production
19:27 cait @action all hands on deck testing Mana registration please
19:27 huginn` cait: I suck
19:27 cait #info see bugs 22915 and bug  22210
19:27 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22210 major, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Signed Off , Allow organisations to sign up to Mana KB (don't only ask for firstname lastname)
19:27 cait #action all hands on deck testing Mana registration please
19:28 cait kidclamp: otherwise let me know if you need something - i will be around tomorrow
19:28 kidclamp will do
19:28 bag I’ll ping you kidclamp if I have any problems with it
19:28 cait maybe ping for success too :)
19:28 kidclamp thanks bag!
19:29 cait i'd be relieved
19:29 bag ok cait :)
19:29 kidclamp moving on, fingers crossed, hopefully :-)
19:29 cait :)
19:29 kidclamp anything else for QA cait?
19:30 tcohen I will be available for QA
19:30 tcohen let me know
19:30 tcohen or bugfixes, cait
19:30 cait tcohen: anything sip2 and rest api in the queue please ;)
19:31 tcohen (y)
19:31 cait that doesn't trnaslate into a picture for me
19:32 kidclamp :+1
19:32 bag +1
19:32 tcohen thumbs up
19:32 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
19:32 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 May 2019)
19:32 kidclamp Anyone?
19:32 cait ah
19:32 cait i got one
19:33 cait How to add indexes for authorities
19:33 cait i am trying and i failed
19:33 cait ended up with bug 23000
19:33 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23000 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Running xsltproc for authority index definitions adds unwanted changes
19:33 cait and bug 23001
19:33 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23001 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , When the whole authority record is searched, search always returns all records
19:33 cait but still didn't get it working... and the second is kinda bad
19:33 cait if it finds something = the results are right, i just checked
19:33 cait but if it finds noting, it just gives you 'all'
19:34 cait there has been someone desperate about this on the mailing list, that's why I tried
19:35 cait getting some help there would be nice :)
19:35 kidclamp yeah, those are bad
19:36 tcohen we should really have 21073 on 19.05 already
19:36 cait hm i can't replicatet the second right now... same installation as yesterday
19:36 cait someone else taking a look even more appreciated
19:36 cait bug 21073
19:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21073 enhancement, P5 - low, 19.05, kyle, Signed Off , Improve plugin performance
19:37 cait quiet
19:37 cait i am not sure if i can test this
19:37 tcohen the main problem is it was tested by two Theke members...
19:38 cait i can run the basic test
19:38 cait but can't do performance testing
19:39 cait so i can offer a sign-off maybe?
19:39 cait @random
19:39 huginn` cait: Error: The command "random" is available in the Dict, Factoids, and Quote plugins.  Please specify the plugin whose command you wish to call by using its name as a command before "random".
19:40 cait so quiet... had to check if I am still here :)
19:40 tcohen cait: no need to test performance actually
19:41 greenjimll Does the performance improvement appear on a small test/dev instance, or is it only noticeable on large systems?
19:41 davidnind Is the title wrong then? Looks like general improvement to plugins, rather than performance (not that I know anything about plugins).
19:42 davidnind After a five second scan of the bug :)
19:42 tcohen right now, any place that has hooks for plugins
19:42 greenjimll cait: we're all reading the bugzilla report which is why we're quiet.
19:42 tcohen triggers a search for existing plugins
19:43 tcohen on the filesystem
19:43 tcohen looking for those that implement X methods
19:43 tcohen this bug makes plugins tell Koha what methods they implement
19:43 tcohen and they are stored on the DB
19:43 tcohen so a simple SQL query on MySQL
19:43 tcohen instead of traversing the filesystem and loading the plugins, just in case
19:44 cait what will happen if a plugin doesn't do it?
19:44 greenjimll So something that will be more noticeable performance improvement on a large system?
19:44 cait (backwards compatibility)
19:44 tcohen this bug implements it so the plugin does nothing
19:44 tcohen there's some introspection on what method the plugin has
19:44 tcohen and they get populated on the DB
19:44 tcohen next step is to streamline this
19:44 cait #chair davidnind
19:44 huginn` Current chairs: cait davidnind kidclamp
19:44 kidclamp I have to run all, but I wil be back later and early tomorrow to finish up
19:45 kidclamp #chair bag
19:45 huginn` Current chairs: bag cait davidnind kidclamp
19:45 cait so it will work with current plugins still
19:45 tcohen and have plugins 'tell' what they are capable of
19:45 tcohen yes
19:45 cait but be better if they do it
19:45 cait cool
19:45 tcohen when we make that transition after this bug
19:45 tcohen we will add an alert on
19:45 tcohen to tell users to ask plugin authors to move to the 'new style'
19:45 bag cait I just had no problems with registering for mana
19:45 tcohen that's at least the plan
19:45 cait bag: really glad to hear
19:46 cait can you comment on the bug please?
19:46 cait tcohen: sounds good
19:46 bag bug 17047 ?
19:46 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17047 new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, RESOLVED FIXED, Mana Knowledge Base : Data sharing
19:46 cait bug 22915
19:46 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22915 blocker, P1 - high, 19.05, koha-bugs, NEW , Cannot subscribe to Mana-KB
19:46 bag or the other patches cait
19:46 bag thanks
19:47 cait ok
19:47 cait moving on?
19:47 cait #topic Review of coding guidelines
19:47 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 May 2019)
19:47 indradg joined #koha
19:48 davidnind tcohen++ Improvements to koha-testing-docker: can now run if you don't have an internet connection; command line aliases documentation makes it easier to use, for example ku = docker-compose -p koha up; fix git so alias
19:48 davidnind Link[…]ng-docker#aliases
19:48 cait #info  Improvements to koha-testing-docker: can now run if you don't have an internet connection; command line aliases documentation makes it easier to use, for example ku = docker-compose -p koha up; fix git so alias
19:48 cait tcohen++
19:49 cait we have nothing on the agenda for this topic
19:49 cait will move on
19:49 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
19:49 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 29 May 2019)
19:49 cait can someone help me out here?
19:50 greenjimll Will the next one be four weeks from today?
19:50 cait 2 weeks?
19:50 greenjimll 14:00 UTC on 12th June 2019?
19:50 cait sounds good
19:51 cait #info Next meeting: 12 June 2019, 14 UTC
19:51 cait hope i got it right
19:51 cait thx all for attending (and bearing with grumpy me)
19:51 davidnind Looks good to me!
19:51 cait #endmeeting
19:51 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
19:51 huginn` Meeting ended Wed May 29 19:51:26 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:51 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-29-19.00.html
19:51 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-05-29-19.00.txt
19:51 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]29-19.00.log.html
19:51 tcohen cait++
19:51 tcohen kidclamp
19:51 davidnind cait++
19:51 wahanui kidclamp is reply i guess kidclamp is the first RM not to be bribed
19:51 greenjimll Thanks folks.
19:51 tcohen kidclamp++
19:51 cait kidclamp++
19:51 cait last days and counting I guess :)
19:54 ashimema Ah, totally missed that one
19:54 ashimema Oops
19:54 tcohen don't worry: you were volunteered, ashimema
19:56 cait ashimema: I was moaning about Mana and your blocker bug for you
19:56 cait ;)
19:56 cait but it seems to work for other snow, which is a good start
19:57 davidnind caroline_catlady:[…]33787741626482689
19:57 ashimema Lol
19:57 * ashimema reads back.. assume we're still in for release tomorrow if I remember correctly
19:57 cait ... and I think there might not be enough muppets
19:57 bag cait++
19:57 kathryn joined #koha
19:58 davidnind left #koha
19:58 cait good morning kathryn :)
19:59 kathryn hello cait :) I hope you enjoyed Dublin!
19:59 cait it was grand :)
20:00 kathryn as they say ;)
20:00 cait yep, i brushed up my vocabulary a bit :)
20:00 bag heya kathryn
20:01 kathryn hey bag :)
20:01 cait bag++ # finally fixing his IRC :)
20:01 kathryn I'm super duper looking forward to next year
20:01 indradg joined #koha
20:05 cait :)
20:05 cait you will set up teleporters... I heard?
20:05 kathryn oh jeez I gotta reign that guy in...
20:06 cait :P
20:06 kathryn hehe!
20:08 indradg joined #koha
20:36 rangi morning
20:36 greenjimll joined #koha
20:37 cait morning rangi
20:37 cait sorry, I told kathryn you promised us teleporter
20:37 cait s
20:39 rangi heh
20:43 bag morning rangi
20:45 m23 joined #koha
21:16 Joubu hi #koha
21:16 cait hi Joubu :)
21:17 Joubu cait, kidclamp: about the bug in the release notes:[…]/merge_requests/8
21:17 cait i think it only fixes one case
21:17 cait but harder to catch those
21:18 cait :)
21:18 cait coudl you also auto-remove bugs that have a certain keyword in the release notes field?
21:18 cait we have quite some this time
21:18 Joubu we should not followup on already released bug #
21:19 cait yep
21:19 Joubu so it should catch all the valid cases :)
21:19 cait i said earlier don't push, but this also applies to lazy devs
21:19 cait put your stuff on new bugs :)
21:19 Joubu there are ~30 bugs that are part of the release notes that should not
21:21 cait more than i counted
21:21 cait are those the ones your patch fixes?
21:21 cait who can merge?
21:23 Joubu it will prevent the script to pick bug number from outside the commit title (i.e. not commit body)
21:23 Joubu I set ashimema and kidclamp as approvers, they can approve and merge
21:23 cait ok
21:23 cait what happens if you put a second bug number in subject? does it only use the one form the beginning?
21:26 cait Joubu++
21:27 Joubu it will only pick ^bug \d+ so the first one
21:28 cait :)
21:28 cait thought of everything
22:02 caroline_catlady good night!
22:30 kidclamp Ashimema tested and said it looked good, I will try early tomorrow joubu

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary