IRC log for #koha, 2019-04-25

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 davidnind I was too late! :-( Always want to encourage using a supported version of Koha - so many new features , enhancements and fixes are added in every release!
01:18 dpk_ joined #koha
01:45 Shane-S joined #koha
05:20 cait joined #koha
05:24 chris joined #koha
05:32 josef_moravec joined #koha
05:41 calire joined #koha
06:00 cait good morning #koha
06:00 cait josef_moravec: already back at work? :)
06:00 josef_moravec cait: yep ;)
06:00 josef_moravec morning ;)
06:01 josef_moravec cait: thanks for you QA on moredetail patch
06:02 cait the patron detail one? yw
06:02 josef_moravec yes, that was what i meant
06:03 cait had to think, because i was just working on one with moredetail for items :)
06:03 josef_moravec cait: it looks like you are workin on almost everything ;)
06:04 cait i hope not :)
06:04 cait and only 20 minutes left for this morning
06:12 barton joined #koha
06:26 ashimema Good morning #koha
06:28 cait good morning ashimema
06:29 cait josef_moravec: we are alomst below 50... and i got to leave :(
06:29 ashimema Tag, I'm on it
06:29 ashimema Awesome work josef_moravec  and cait
06:29 josef_moravec great job cait, i am going to do some qa today too
06:31 cait we need to do it before wizzyrea wakes up ;)
06:32 magnuse \o/
06:32 josef_moravec ;)
06:33 cait bbl :)
06:37 reiveune joined #koha
06:37 reiveune hello
06:39 paul_p joined #koha
06:40 paul_p joined #koha
06:44 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:53 laurence joined #koha
06:55 sameee joined #koha
06:59 alex_a joined #koha
07:00 alex_a bonjour
07:00 wahanui bidet, alex_a
07:04 * ashimema picked some low hanging fruit and got us under 50
07:04 ashimema be nice to get to 0 bugs though! :)
07:19 fridolin joined #koha
07:20 * magnuse cheers everyone on
07:20 magnuse bonjour le tres cool fridolin
07:22 fridolin ;)
07:22 fridolin hipster is coming
07:23 magnuse hehe
07:24 cait joined #koha
07:24 ashimema 6 down, 6 to go (to be fair those six were all 'trivial' or 'string' patches)
07:26 cait 34!
07:26 cait ah
07:26 cait 45!
07:26 cait can't type... 34 as next goal? :)
07:26 ashimema hehe
07:26 cait I really need someone to tackle the Elasticsearch bugs as Ere won't be around for a while
07:27 ashimema funny you should say that
07:27 ashimema those three are next on my hit list
07:27 cait awesome :)
07:36 alex_a cait, i will spent this 2 next days on ES. QA or SO possible
07:37 cait alex_a: great - thx a lot
07:37 cait alex_a: if you could deal with the ones already signed off first that would be great
07:37 cait but there is also a big SRU elasticsearch patch that woudl love attention -still hoping for a sign-off outside the QA team there
07:38 alex_a cait, ok
07:38 ashimema I think wizzyrea was getting tired when she tested bug 20837
07:38 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20837 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , CanItemBeReserved should follow ReservesControlBranch and not CircControl
07:45 ashimema right.. so now I just have the 3 ES bugs to go and someone needs to take care of my void bug quick as I can't.. and we'll be down to inbox zero in the bugs qa queue!
07:45 ashimema someone time wizzyrea down before she fills it up again ;)
07:45 cait heh
07:46 cait not sure that will work with human rights and such...
07:46 ashimema hehe
07:46 alex_a cait, bug 13937 ?
07:46 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13937 new feature, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Patch doesn't apply , Add an Elasticsearch-compatible Z39.50/SRU daemon that can inject item status MARC subfields
07:46 ashimema we best work fast then before she wakes up
07:46 cait alex_a: yep, top of ere's wish list
07:46 alex_a ok
07:46 cait it will allow you to run without Zebra
07:49 magnuse that is awesome
07:49 cait magnuse: waiting for tester... ;)
07:51 * magnuse drowns in support-work...
07:52 josef_moravec ashimema: i could try to QA 22511
07:52 cait bug 22511
07:52 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22511 minor, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Koha::Account::Line->void loses the original type of the credit
07:52 ashimema awesome!
07:52 ashimema that would be fantastic
07:53 ashimema it's the next one in that whole tree and there are some nice fixes below it too.. but they're in NSO
08:07 cait what is it with the double postings on the list today?
08:08 * ashimema hasn't looks
08:08 magnuse josef_moravec++
08:09 josef_moravec bug 8995, anybody from qa_team? this needs your love ;)
08:09 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8995 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Show OpenURL links in OPAC search results
08:10 josef_moravec qa_team?
08:10 wahanui qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
08:10 ashimema wow that's allot of followups
08:11 * ashimema needs some breakfast before digging into that one
08:11 josef_moravec ashimema: yes, I am king of follow-ups :D
08:11 cait josef_moravec: sorry, but I don't think you can beat AndrewIsh on the ILL bugs :)
08:11 ashimema hehe
08:11 cait i had to count the patches twice sometimes
08:11 ashimema go code curling :)
08:12 josef_moravec :D
08:12 ashimema haha
08:12 ashimema code curling?
08:12 wahanui it has been said that code curling is[…]bd1KCFW/giphy.gif
08:15 cait left #koha
08:16 cait joined #koha
08:16 josef_moravec ashimema: what do you think about adding status description processing on all account types in account_type_description block?
08:16 cait one more...
08:17 josef_moravec It is easy to make a mistake here, the code is even different on opac and staff... and default status description is empty, so should be safe...
08:17 ashimema I like it..
08:18 josef_moravec ashimema: thanks, I'll do some code curling on bug 22511 ;)
08:18 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22511 minor, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Koha::Account::Line->void loses the original type of the credit
08:18 ashimema the reason I haven't done it yet is that I was working through each area methodically and adding them one at a time to make sure I didn't miss something in subsequent bugs
08:18 ashimema I reckon we're safe to add it though.
08:19 ashimema minor anoyance of it will be the rebase mess it'll leave in the subsequent tree
08:19 ashimema but.. I can deal with that
08:19 * magnuse cheers bug 8995 on!
08:19 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8995 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Show OpenURL links in OPAC search results
08:20 josef_moravec yep, there are often conficts unfortuntely ;( but easy to fix i think...
08:20 magnuse that should be a really good thing for lots of academic libraries
08:20 cait davidnind++ # late night spanish support
08:20 magnuse davidnind++
08:22 andreashm joined #koha
08:25 andreashm joined #koha
08:38 josef_moravec ashimema: at the end, I came with this patch: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]88713&action=diff
08:39 ashimema ooh.. that's nice
08:39 ashimema much cleaner looking
08:40 josef_moravec ashimema: could you sign off on my follow-ups? If you do it, i would consider it pass qa ;)
08:40 ashimema as I said.. the main reason I hadn't done it was to make it obivous (both to myself and whoever was QAing each patch) that I had caught the required UI change for each patchset.
08:40 ashimema happy to :)
08:42 ashimema oh.. good catch on the DB update too
08:42 cait qa++ :) josef_moravec++ ashimema++
08:43 josef_moravec ashimema: it was easy to find, the db update simply didn't work ;)
08:44 ashimema done :)
08:44 josef_moravec ashimema: great
08:46 josef_moravec qa queue under 40, only 1 bug? It is crazy ;)
08:47 ashimema awesome huh
08:47 * cait is very happy
08:48 * ashimema quickly rebases his accounts tree
08:48 ashimema then comes back to QA
08:52 josef_moravec Who do expect to have commit called "Minor formatting fixes" 100 KB?
08:53 ashimema lol
08:55 josef_moravec But has to say, they are really minor, but on many files
08:56 davidnind left #koha
09:02 cait sabotage
09:02 cait we are up to 40 again
09:03 josef_moravec who, who is that pirate? ;)
09:05 ashimema hehe
09:06 magnuse ever heard of sisyfos? ;-)
09:07 magnuse ...or Sisyphus
09:07 ashimema erm.. nope
09:07 cait i coudl throw something at her... she sits opposite :P
09:08 calire I wouldn'T
09:09 cait yeah... it woudl backfire quickly
09:09 calire ^^
09:20 andreash_ joined #koha
09:20 ashimema ere++ super fast rebase
09:21 cait ere++ :)
09:22 ashimema back at 40
09:23 ashimema 2 bugs
09:34 alex_a ashimema, are you also QAing bug 22592 ? I see we worked on 22413 at the same time
09:34 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22592 enhancement, P3, ---, ere.maijala, Signed Off , Elasticsearch - Support for index scan
09:41 ashimema I was starting to.. but I'm not sure I understand it well enough right now
09:41 ashimema if you wanted to take it on please feel free
09:44 alex_a ashimema, i will take a look
09:46 ashimema awesome, ta
09:46 ashimema :)
09:46 ashimema go team
09:50 * ashimema pokes calire with a long stick
09:50 * ashimema has to step away from QA for a bit to do some support for paying customers.
09:50 calire these are easies, go QA and then they're gone forever ;)
09:50 * ashimema expects calire to have got the QA queue back up over 50 by the time he gets back :P
09:51 calire unlikely :D
09:51 ashimema hehe
09:51 calire I only signed off 3 :P
09:51 ashimema good luck
09:51 cait don't challenge her :)
09:51 cait or maybe...d o?
09:51 ashimema what's your poison calire
09:51 ashimema what's your poison calire?
09:52 ashimema kohacon treats
09:52 cait important hackfest requirement: a table to load the sweets onto
09:52 calire always gin ;) - no lemme think, what do I miss from the UK? ^^
09:54 ashimema Ooh your a gun girl are you
09:55 ashimema Gin . Even
09:55 calire lol
09:55 ashimema You'll have to come sample our collection some time..
09:56 calire I am partial to a gin (or two)
09:57 * ashimema just counted the gin collection.. we have 16 different bottles... Oops
09:57 cait lol
09:57 cait I've only tried a sip of gin at one time i think... shoudl give it a proper go sometime
10:03 calire I've been trying German ones since I moved here
10:03 calire my collection is smaller than it was though, I gave laods away when I moved
10:03 * ashimema hasn't tried any german gins
10:03 calire quite a few blackforest ones seem to have popped up
10:05 ashimema cool
10:07 cait lunch time, bbl :)
10:08 * kidclamp waves
10:08 kidclamp y'all done filled up m'queue
10:09 ashimema lol
10:09 ashimema you should see my queue now
10:12 kidclamp can you confirm my followup on 22729 ashimema
10:17 ashimema looks perfect to me (except whitespace is out 😉 )
10:17 ashimema infact..
10:17 ashimema it matches the change in the DO NOT PUSH patch: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]&attachment=88693
10:17 ashimema line 1548..
10:17 ashimema so yes.. spot on
10:18 kidclamp ah, cool
10:18 ashimema :)
10:18 ashimema I have no idea how we're best creating such patches
10:19 ashimema clearly mixing the automated schema update in with some manual addition stuff is bad..
10:19 ashimema but at the same time if you do them as distinct patches and then don't apply the 'DO NOT APPLY' you'll end up with SHA issues when you come to apply atop it I believe
10:20 ashimema fun fun
10:20 kidclamp "Apply this patch only after not applying the 'DO NOT PUSH PATCH' and regenerating your own schema
10:20 kidclamp easy peasy
10:21 ashimema I suppose you could trick git but applying the manual change to the schema before creating a DO NOT PUSH
10:21 ashimema hehe
10:21 ashimema fun
10:21 khall joined #koha
10:26 andreashm joined #koha
10:28 andreash_ joined #koha
10:29 andreashm joined #koha
10:39 ere joined #koha
10:40 laurence joined #koha
10:54 cait ashimema: bug 19919 - I've made it THE bug for items.paidfor
10:54 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19919 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Writing off a Lost Item Fee marks as "Paid for by patron"
11:01 magnuse hm, Charles Quain says to vote for kohacon culture day activities, but how?
11:07 cait hm email?
11:07 khall joined #koha
11:08 cait I didn't notice, just set on the food thing already :)
11:09 * cait waves at khall
11:11 magnuse yeah, email
11:11 magnuse kia ora khall
11:12 magnuse yeah, food thing sounds great :-)
11:27 cait what about viking thing?
11:36 oleonard joined #koha
11:36 oleonard Hi #koha
11:38 andreash_ joined #koha
11:39 khall joined #koha
11:41 alex_a joined #koha
11:41 calire hi oleonard
11:41 wahanui hi oleopard
11:44 andreashm joined #koha
11:45 andreash_ joined #koha
11:46 cait hi oleonard :)
11:48 cait khall: thx for qa - 39!
11:48 khall np!
11:50 kidclamp watch out y'all
11:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14576: DBRev <[…]70c21f3128b70a382>
11:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22511: Fix type role->roll <[…]2947e449b26ad0a54>
11:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22511: DBRev <[…]a071a1f70d429afc0>
11:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22511: (QA follow-up) Refactor status description in templates <[…]92547fa41c5a08fe8>
11:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22511: (QA follow-up) Fix update database <[…]bf90cfae5dd0c5feb>
11:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22764: Change marcfield to MARC field in alert message <[…]93cf3518ad5575eed>
11:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22764: More YUI grid cleanup <[…]7b07c2116bd126a3e>
11:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14576: (follow-up) Add code highlighting to system preference UpdateItemLocationO... <[…]9852db199281a05cd>
11:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22734: Fund not marked as mandatory when ordering from a staged file <[…]d63d2da9efd2aeda9>
11:50 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22664: More making acquisitions links more easily clickable <[…]b892f3b40fff2b3aa>
11:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22664: Link names in order search results instead of numbers <[…]0a54ddcf2963785d0>
11:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14576: (QA follow-up) Tidy up feature documentation <[…]f545be875fbc1f197>
11:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14576: (follow-up) Using item objects, not hashrefs <[…]890dfea4a5f13ac9c>
11:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14576: Replaced calls using deprecated method GetItem with Koha::Items->find <[…]5f0f6424d75e6ce55>
11:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22556: Add ability to quickly filter funds/budgets by library on the Acquisitions... <[…]97d2d8ff86a774a64>
11:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14576: Rebase fixes Fix test Rebase code <[…]88c522a2697b745f2>
11:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14576: (follow-up) fix some typos and style <[…]17023673cee27e414>
11:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14576: Update to use get_yaml_pref_hash <[…]cbd11eb3838f0e06d>
11:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 20692: Extreme toggle checking for plack <[…]aa51f124597ed0cd8>
11:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14576: Unit tests <[…]27e5ced9422496cdf>
11:51 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 14576: Allow arbitrary automatic update of location on checkin <[…]65beeac3ac3ff4eb9>
11:51 ashimema thanks for cleaning up dupes cait :)
11:51 ashimema nooooooo
11:51 ashimema but yeay at the same time
11:54 cait who was that guy again ... sys...
11:55 ashimema ?
11:55 cait i think nick wanted to push bug 14576 befor i change my mind again
11:55 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14576 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Master , Allow automatic update of location on checkin
11:55 cait the one with the mountain and the stone
11:55 ashimema lol
11:57 ashimema oh shoot.. my rmaint queue just went over 200
11:57 ashimema that's gonna hurt
11:57 ashimema curse my concentrating on SO and QA for a bit
11:57 magnuse ashimema++
12:00 kidclamp informal survey:  :b  or :p
12:00 cait :P
12:01 kidclamp :b
12:01 oleonard kidclamp: One is horribly obscene, the other isn't.
12:01 cait oh
12:01 * oleonard is kidding
12:01 * cait glares a little at oleonard
12:02 cait alex_a: bug 22524
12:02 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22524 minor, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Needs Signoff , Elasticsearch - Date range in advanced search
12:02 * kidclamp was tilting my head to figure out which
12:03 oleonard kidclamp: Chatzilla converts :P to an emoji but not :b
12:03 cait same for pidgin
12:03 kidclamp :q
12:03 kidclamp I lick my nose at emoji converters
12:03 oleonard ^ That should be a "Yum, licking my lips" emoji
12:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #208: FAILURE in 8 min 41 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/208/
12:03 alex_a cait, oh an other one
12:04 ashimema we broked it.. oh noes
12:04 * kidclamp thinks that's a good time to go out for a run
12:05 kidclamp see you in a while
12:05 cait :)
12:06 * oleonard checks his watch and disagrees
12:12 andreashm joined #koha
12:12 oleonard Bug 22765 is fun![…]?p=15561943258242
12:12 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22765 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Add class beside loggedinusername to indicate if logged in user is a superlibrarian
12:13 cait lol
12:13 cait no superman sign?
12:14 oleonard There's a new "superhero" emoji but it doesn't show up in my browser
12:14 andreashm joined #koha
12:20 ashimema that's awesome!
12:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #714: STILL UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/714/
12:23 RichardSolefan joined #koha
12:24 RichardSolefan Hello Everyone! Can anyone help me out with issue? I've partially found the solution but i can't find Where can modify the HOLD cound. Right now every time i'm trying to make Hold (reserve the book) from OPAC it says "Sorry, none of these items can be placed on hold."
12:25 RichardSolefan i know i have to modify Hold Amount in configuration, but i'm Confused as of where this configurated
12:25 oleonard RichardSolefan: Administration -> Circulation and fine rules
12:27 RichardSolefan hmm it says That i have maxium amount of Holds allowed set to 5
12:27 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:28 oleonard RichardSolefan: Do you have at least one rule defined in the top section?
12:30 RichardSolefan oleonard: i'll try to modify some records, just to be sure. Maybe i've missed something. Thank you in a meanwhile
12:31 cait do you allow holds on available items?
12:31 cait by default i think that is not the case and coudl also explain the message
12:31 cait look for allow on shelf holds setting
12:31 cait on shelf = not checked out
12:39 * oleonard keeps getting spam from "Koha" with the subject "Past Due Invoice"
12:39 oleonard Which one of y'all should I mail a check to?
12:39 oleonard "Thank you for being a valued customer and using Koha" Aw, you're welcome!
12:41 amoyano joined #koha
12:41 khall joined #koha
12:44 RichardSolefan i have fixed this issue. Thank you for your support
12:47 oleonard Anyone familiar with OverDrive integration who knows what "OverDriveWebsiteID" is?
12:49 oleonard Oh looks like I have to request one...
12:50 amoyano joined #koha
12:56 fridolin joined #koha
13:04 ere oleonard: I'm getting the invoice spam too. I wonder how much they're able to collect from Koha users..
13:09 tcohen morning
13:10 cait good morning tcohen
13:10 cait we are trying to get the qa queue below 40 - join the battle?
13:11 tcohen :-D
13:12 tcohen yeah, I will be a bad guy producing SO
13:12 cait boo
13:12 cait unless it's for bad bugs
13:13 ashimema hehe
13:13 ashimema we were under 40 last i looked
13:14 ashimema grr
13:14 ashimema actually
13:14 ashimema I know I added to at least one of the SO
13:14 ashimema :)
13:14 ashimema I'm sure tcohen would be perfectly placed to QA bug 22200 though ;)
13:14 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22200 minor, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Forgiving a fine (FOR) does not create a FORGIVEN credit line
13:16 * ashimema is off QA for a while whilst he works through his RMaint queue a little trying to avoid string changes
13:18 oleonard I'm very much looking forward to having Bug 14576 in production
13:18 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14576 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Master , Allow automatic update of location on checkin
13:18 cait :)
13:18 cait oleonard: there is another related bug, you might like hten too
13:19 cait bug 21159
13:19 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21159 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, hayleymapley, Failed QA , Blank item shelving location (952$c) on issue and return based on syspref values
13:19 cait same for on issue
13:19 cait started out as a bit of a duplicate
13:20 amoyano joined #koha
13:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #64: FAILURE in 17 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/64/
13:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #63: FAILURE in 5 min 53 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/63/
13:48 ashimema boo
13:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #66: SUCCESS in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/66/
13:50 ashimema ooh..
13:50 ashimema jenkins seems borked
14:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #65: STILL FAILING in 12 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/65/
14:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #64: STILL FAILING in 6 min 43 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/64/
14:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #67: SUCCESS in 24 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/67/
14:17 lukeG joined #koha
14:23 ashimema fridolin around?
14:23 fridolin ashimema: ah only for a few minutes
14:24 ashimema I was wanting an opinion on bug 21975
14:24 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21975 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Pushed to Stable , Unnecessary substitutions in automatic item modification by age
14:24 ashimema a) whether it's worth backported
14:24 fridolin ah
14:24 fridolin its a nice change i think
14:24 ashimema and b) if so, whether I can just port the first three patches as the final two followups look like they're there to account for the removal of GetItems which is still in my branch
14:25 fridolin its already in 18.11.05
14:25 fridolin ashimema: ^
14:25 ashimema certainly reads that way to me
14:26 ashimema well.. as per the last 5 minutes yeah.. but I then started to doubt myself
14:26 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 20837: (RM follow-up) fix test count <[…]b3ddd1e318e3a79f7>
14:26 ashimema hense the question
14:27 ashimema I'm confident.. I reckon I need to just drop the last two followups
14:27 fridolin Bug 20837 you mean ?
14:27 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20837 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Master , CanItemBeReserved should follow ReservesControlBranch and not CircControl
14:27 fridolin ahhhh big work
14:27 ashimema 21975 I mean
14:28 ashimema 20837 I'm not touching yet
14:28 ashimema don't worry.. pretty sure I'm happy again now
14:28 ashimema :rubber_duck:
14:28 kidclamp 20837: It is a "fix" but I wouldn't backport, too much change
14:28 ashimema ooh.. just noticed you're taking on 19.05 rmaint.. cool
14:29 ashimema yeah.. I agree there kidclamp
14:29 ashimema fridolin++
14:29 lukeG joined #koha
14:29 ashimema ooh.. and liz has gone for 18.05
14:29 ashimema awesome!
14:29 fridolin Bug 21975
14:29 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21975 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Pushed to Stable , Unnecessary substitutions in automatic item modification by age
14:30 fridolin ashimema: this is in 18.11.05 ....
14:30 fridolin you mean backport to 18.05.x ?
14:30 ashimema it is now yup
14:30 fridolin yup ?
14:31 ashimema wasn't 5 mins ago when i first asked ;)
14:31 ashimema all good.. ignore me ;)
14:31 lukeG rico8827
14:31 ashimema go enjoy your afternoon.. hehe
14:31 lukeG :( uhhg
14:31 * ashimema apologises to lukeG
14:31 ashimema blame kidclamp ;)
14:32 lukeG ha!
14:33 fridolin ashimema: no warries, :D
14:33 * kidclamp feels shame
14:33 fridolin see u my friends
14:34 fridolin left #koha
14:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #209: STILL FAILING in 4 min 57 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/209/
14:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #65: STILL FAILING in 1 min 51 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/65/
14:37 lukeG im also blaming kidclamp for this ^^
14:41 * kidclamp hides on the corner, dons the dunce cap
14:42 calire left #koha
14:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #68: FAILURE in 7 min 25 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/68/
14:48 wizzyrea qa_team help!
14:48 wahanui cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
14:49 wizzyrea bug 22715 is ready for qa
14:49 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22715 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Searching for patrons with "" in the circulation note hangs patron search
14:51 cait don't overuse the bat signal ;)
14:51 wizzyrea it's a critical I thought it was ok :)
14:52 cait I'd love to see a fix for that issue in item search
14:52 wizzyrea if it had been something else I'd have not done it hehe
14:52 cait we have this publisher with a backslash that shows up everywhere an dbreaks stuff :(
14:52 wizzyrea the same fix would probably work maybe
14:52 cait i'd say so
14:53 cait bug 21716
14:53 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21716 normal, P5 - low, ---, claire_gravely, Failed QA , Item Search hangs when \ exists in MARC fields
14:54 wizzyrea an excellent thing about working from home is that you get to do it outside, with the doggies playing, in a sunbeam.
14:56 wizzyrea cait it's still happening on current master?
14:56 wizzyrea last I checked it wasn't
14:56 wizzyrea spose I could check again?
14:56 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
14:56 wahanui Congratulations!
14:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #715: FIXED in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/715/
14:58 oleonard wizzyrea: Getting pet check-ins when working from home is definitely a perk
14:59 wizzyrea 100%
15:00 cait wizzyrea: haven't tested,but haven't seen something that woudl fix it either
15:01 wizzyrea I will try
15:02 cait thanks!
15:02 wizzyrea no worries :)
15:02 wizzyrea you mean in the 260 right
15:03 wizzyrea something like graham/lineham or something like that
15:03 wizzyrea just making sure I'm testing the right field.
15:04 wizzyrea cait ^
15:04 wizzyrea or you said backslash so graham\lineham
15:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #66: NOW UNSTABLE in 23 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/66/
15:08 wizzyrea oh bum yeah that's still broken
15:09 tcohen is the git server refusing connections?
15:11 Shane-S joined #koha
15:12 reiveune bye
15:12 reiveune left #koha
15:13 lukeG joined #koha
15:13 wizzyrea hm I don't think so
15:38 * oleonard doesn't want to rebase Bug 20959 again but it is HIS OWN FAULT
15:38 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20959 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Style checkin form more like the checkout form, with collapsed settings panel
15:39 wizzyrea cait I just put a patch on 21716
15:40 wizzyrea i um
15:41 wizzyrea don't actually know if I did that the 100% canonical way there are a bunch of different ways to do the same thing idk which one is the best one
15:41 wizzyrea also I didn't touch any other fields.
15:41 wizzyrea only the publisher
15:43 khall joined #koha
15:44 cait left #koha
15:50 wizzyrea oleonard,[…]21054728148926467 WHAT
15:51 oleonard wild
15:52 wizzyrea what I want is a mode for Koha
15:52 wizzyrea that lets libraries edit the usercss
15:52 wizzyrea while looking at the OPAC
15:52 wizzyrea USING THAT
15:52 kidclamp oleonard: please see 22734
15:53 wizzyrea tell me that isn't 100% what that is made for
15:53 oleonard kidclamp: It sounds like I'm in trouble.
15:54 wizzyrea alright back later
15:54 kidclamp I mean, I pushed it, I share the blame
15:54 ashimema kidclamp strikes again
15:54 kidclamp And I need to add a selenium test for this
15:54 ashimema I missed it too during QA
15:54 ashimema team fail
15:54 kidclamp We have broken it in the past
15:55 laurence left #koha
15:55 ashimema I was on the edge of failing it for lacking a selenium test
15:55 ashimema but decided that was a bit mean
15:55 ashimema feels like there's soooo much going on right now this cycle
15:55 ashimema hard to keep up
15:56 wizzyrea it's gone camping
15:56 wizzyrea (it's intense. get it.)
15:56 ashimema lol
15:56 kidclamp It's where time travellers always mess up their stories
15:56 kidclamp Also in tense
15:57 ashimema oh dear
15:57 oleonard kidclamp: Walk me through the problem, I don't think I get it
15:58 kidclamp If you have budgets defined in marcitemfields to order and in your Marc, they get set per item, you shouldn't have to set anything else
15:58 oleonard I guess I don't know what that is
15:59 * ashimema is annoyed he missed that!
16:00 ashimema it's the 'MarcItemFieldsToOrder' syspref owen
16:01 ashimema you can set it such that when you stage an order from a file it'll assign budgets per item based on the budget_code in the items
16:02 * ashimema tries to understand how it relates to your bug
16:03 oleonard My screen doesn't look like kidclamp's screenshot. I don't have the item record panel
16:03 oleonard Is that a n AcqCreateItem thing?
16:04 ashimema er.. must be I think.. been a while since I've trodden there
16:04 kidclamp Mine is placing an order
16:05 oleonard Oh, I'll bet my staged file has no item records
16:05 kidclamp Ah, yes, that is necesary
16:07 andreashm joined #koha
16:08 wizzyrea[…]master/MARC21.mrc this is the marc file I always use
16:08 wizzyrea when I want lots of stuff in a staged file
16:08 wizzyrea with items and biz
16:14 ashimema whilst in that area.. would't it be nice to be able to get straight to adding a stages file to a basket from the 'Manage staged MARC records' screen as an option?
16:17 oleonard That's a good idea ashimema
16:18 ashimema I remember whilst QAing it.. it took me a while to work out how to find the functionality ;)
16:18 ashimema think my brain was just on the wrong channel to start with.. but yeah.. it kinda felt clunky the route I ended up taking :)
16:19 kidclamp you can now add to a basket form a new file
16:19 kidclamp but your idea is cool too
16:19 oleonard Fixing that is probably easier than fixing this bug :D
16:20 oleonard wizzyrea: Happily I can always snag an export of new stuff from my own library's catalog. This time I grabbed a file of ebook records
16:21 ashimema lol
16:21 ashimema indeed
16:21 ashimema all the things.. hehe
16:21 ashimema I've posted a bug for the idea..
16:22 ashimema who knows if I'll ever get a moment to get around to it.. but we can dream right ;)
16:22 cait joined #koha
16:24 khall joined #koha
16:25 khall joined #koha
16:27 khall joined #koha
16:33 * kidclamp dreams
16:35 oleonard kidclamp: I still can't reproduce the screenshot you posted :|
16:37 oleonard Oh no there is a JS error on the page. This is oleonard's day to clean up after himself :(
16:37 * oleonard 's past self dumps garbage everywhere
16:38 kidclamp that guy is an animal
16:40 cait back :)
16:41 kidclamp hey owen, when you make your little demo videos, how does you do that?
16:47 oleonard When I'm on Windows I use this:
16:48 oleonard I'm pretty sure I have a go-to on Mac but I can't remember off the top of my head
16:48 * cait is itching to standardize the database update messages
16:48 cait sometimes we have bug ... : and others are -
16:54 cait wizzyrea: the filters on the patron search bug baffle me
16:56 cait it has html_line_break which adds <br> - then it does html - which shoudl escape them
16:56 cait and then it does collapse (remove whitespace) and then $To
16:56 cait i have no idea why that works
16:56 cait html_line_break html should not work
16:59 oleonard Okay I take it back, adding an "add to basket" link from staged marc records would be hard.
17:00 cait yeah
17:00 cait how to populate the basket selection
17:00 oleonard You'd have to go through a vendor search and a basket search
17:01 cait yeah
17:02 cait hm crazy idea
17:02 cait something like the search to hold
17:02 cait search to order
17:02 cait from the result list... and from the staged records?
17:02 oleonard From the result list?
17:03 cait catalog resuls (order from existing)
17:03 cait just... another way to do it
17:03 cait so save the basket in a cookie
17:04 cait like we do for search to hold
17:04 cait not sure if that would work
17:04 oleonard I don't see why it wouldn't
17:58 magnuse \o/
17:58 * magnuse updates the last customer to 18.11.x
18:00 kidclamp confetti
18:00 wahanui o/`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
18:02 josef_moravec joined #koha
18:03 josef_moravec left #koha
18:45 koha-jenkins joined #koha
18:48 andreashm joined #koha
18:52 lukeG joined #koha
19:03 * ashimema has longer term plans to be able to create a basket without a vendor and then attach the basket to a vendor later
19:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #221: ABORTED in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/221/
19:21 koha-jenkins joined #koha
19:22 tcohen kidclamp: last failures were due to gitlab issues
19:23 tcohen (error fetching misc4dev, etc)
19:27 lisettelatah joined #koha
19:36 lukeG joined #koha
19:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #67: FAILURE in 1 min 21 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/67/
19:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #69: STILL FAILING in 1 min 5 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/69/
19:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #66: STILL FAILING in 1 min 15 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/66/
19:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #68: STILL FAILING in 2 min 32 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/68/
19:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #70: STILL FAILING in 47 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/70/
19:51 ashimema Presume my failures are the same
19:51 ashimema I can't replicate any locally anyway
19:53 lisettelatah I've been trying to get a kohadevbox set up and it has been hanging on ssh auth method: private key. When I look at the VB GUI it says it has "kernel panic - not syncing" I've tried reinstalling from scratch (uninstalled bash, vagrant, and VB, deleted all files and tried again) but I keep having the same issue. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
19:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #222: FAILURE in 1 min 56 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/222/
19:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #223: STILL FAILING in 2 min 3 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/223/
20:00 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
20:00 wahanui Congratulations!
20:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #210: FIXED in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/210/
20:01 wizzyrea search to order would be amazeballs
20:02 wizzyrea forget having to decide where you are going to get it from, search all the targets - staged, existing records, suggestions
20:02 wizzyrea also hi
20:02 wizzyrea and bye bc kid pickup time but will have a bit of time later
20:08 cait lisettelatah: are you trying on windows or linux?
20:09 lisettelatah cait: on windows 10
20:09 cait oleonard might be able to help
20:09 cait I tihnk there are some specifics
20:11 lisettelatah okay, I'll e-mail him and see if he has any ideas. Thanks!
20:12 magnuse the README mentions windows specifics in a couple places
20:12 cait sometimes htis helps too https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ooting_KohaDevBox
20:18 cait lisettelatah++ # future bug wrangler :)
20:19 ashimema 😊
20:20 lisettelatah thanks, I'll try the things on the troubleshooting page. As far as the windows specific issues, I'm following everything the README mentions specifically about windows. I'll email oleonard and keep trying later.
20:20 lisettelatah 😊
20:35 * ashimema would be interested to see if anyone has tried running koha-testing-docker on Windows
20:43 magnuse joined #koha
21:42 lisettelatah joined #koha
21:59 sameee joined #koha
23:37 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary