IRC log for #koha, 2019-04-24

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:09 khall joined #koha
00:18 dpk_ joined #koha
00:30 cait1 joined #koha
01:09 wizzyrea joined #koha
01:09 wizzyrea hi
01:09 wahanui bonjour, wizzyrea
02:39 edveal joined #koha
02:39 edveal left #koha
04:33 josef_moravec joined #koha
05:08 chris joined #koha
05:10 dpk_ joined #koha
05:25 cait joined #koha
05:35 reiveune joined #koha
05:36 reiveune hello
05:36 wahanui niihau, reiveune
05:52 talljoy joined #koha
05:56 tallestjoy joined #koha
05:58 tallerjoy joined #koha
06:02 fridolin joined #koha
06:02 fridolin hi
06:02 wahanui bonjour, fridolin
06:03 fridolin bonjour à toi aussi wahanui
06:04 calire joined #koha
06:12 talljoy joined #koha
06:22 tallerjoy joined #koha
06:24 talljoy joined #koha
06:29 laurence joined #koha
06:30 tallerjoy joined #koha
06:32 magnuse joined #koha
06:35 ashimema Still here rangi?
06:35 ashimema It's a long shot
06:39 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:39 ashimema Oh, thanks for the comments on bug 21662 rangi, of course we'll respect Natasha's wishes.. I hadn't even thought about that sort of case. I'll add a note in the hall file saying why its first name only so the question doesn't get asked again in a few years time.. haha
06:39 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21662 enhancement, P5 - low, 19.05, martin.renvoize, Failed QA , Missing developers from history
06:41 tallerjoy joined #koha
06:43 paul_p joined #koha
06:47 magnuse \o/
06:53 sophie_m joined #koha
06:56 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 alex_a bonjour
06:58 talljoy joined #koha
06:58 andreashm joined #koha
07:11 cait joined #koha
07:15 cait good morning #koha
07:24 magnuse kia ora cait
07:25 cait kia ora magnuse :)
07:28 greenjimll joined #koha
07:47 talljoy joined #koha
08:09 andreashm joined #koha
08:20 ashimema cait.. do you participate in the #ChatOpenS twitter debates at all?
08:20 cait not yet, i have been watching
08:20 ashimema me too
08:20 cait i think davidnind does regularly
08:20 cait davidnind++
08:21 ashimema rmind me.. didn't they used to post a nice looking website of the result at the end?
08:21 ashimema I wanted to skim over the last one as I missed it.. but I'm struggling with the twitter medium
08:23 talljoy joined #koha
08:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #156: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_17.11_D8/156/
08:30 andreashm joined #koha
08:31 andreashm joined #koha
08:38 ashimema Aha.. way back in history they talk about 'Wakelets'.. now how do I find a wakelet
08:50 ashimema @later tell wizzyrea wondering if bug 15260 might be one that interests you?
08:50 huginn` ashimema: The operation succeeded.
08:59 davidnind joined #koha
09:03 davidnind ashimema: #OpenChatS thread/archive via[…]20389420757192704
09:04 andreash_ joined #koha
09:05 talljoy joined #koha
09:09 ashimema davidnind you're a star
09:09 ashimema thanks
09:20 tallerjoy joined #koha
09:39 tallestjoy joined #koha
09:39 andreashm joined #koha
09:41 talljoy joined #koha
09:42 cait alex_a++
09:46 tallerjoy joined #koha
09:50 tallestjoy joined #koha
09:51 alex_a I don't know why but thx cait :)
09:57 talljoy joined #koha
09:59 talljoy joined #koha
10:10 talljoy joined #koha
10:16 tallerjoy joined #koha
10:22 talljoy joined #koha
10:22 cait alex_a: auth plugins
10:23 alex_a Ah ok
10:24 alex_a I'd like some others points of view on this
10:26 cait I think we should not misuse the bug for a too general discussion
10:27 cait better to move that to a meeting or similar
10:27 cait i'd love a community repositor
10:27 cait y
10:27 cait I could imagine having the auth plugins as 'core plugins'
10:27 cait if we decide to move the existing ones too
10:27 cait but it's not easy... having worked with CAS and single log out they might not all be easy to implement as plugins
10:28 tallerjoy joined #koha
10:29 ashimema nice
10:29 ashimema you beat me to it on responding to that thread
10:32 tallestjoy joined #koha
10:35 khall joined #koha
10:41 laurence joined #koha
10:54 laurence left #koha
10:57 alex_a Thank you cait
11:03 andreashm joined #koha
11:06 andreash_ joined #koha
11:26 khall joined #koha
11:30 oleonard joined #koha
11:31 oleonard Hi all
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22759: Fix wrong check of branch rule in C4::Circulation::TooMany <[…]95db63b7cfe80d8d6>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22759: Unit tests <[…]5917b878507f8ba18>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21034: Re-indent <[…]a0a168cea043c277d>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22694: Add Koha::Patron::Category->override_hidden_items <[…]3523e0635b18cb32d>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22679: Delete related CirculationRules when Removing IssuingRule <[…]7e509102ec81878e0>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22755: Fix pod in <[…]55cd9b12ed09a18a0>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22755: Import Koha::Script into patron_emailer cronjob <[…]463d7f710d82548af>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22751: Switch two-column templates to Bootstrap grid: Patron details <[…]7d7dbfc059476e4b2>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22748: Pass userid to haspermission <[…]7fceccf819247959f>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22749: Make Koha::Item->hidden_in_opac respect hidelostitems <[…]2fd0dc7e22e8cf74a>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22749: Regression tests for Koha::Item->hidden_in_opac <[…]a26497ff80e4df250>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22696: Prefetch items too <[…]a8139edca8c9eb616>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22701: Make items prefetchable from Koha::Biblio <[…]10cabd258b1d4741d>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22418: (follow-up) OPAC changes <[…]0ea78dd0947246f4d>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22418: Add magnifying glass to 655 results <[…]515ffaab5f9371c42>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22701: Unit tests for Koha::Biblio->items <[…]de6b242a814d1a1be>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22696: (follow-up) Use new relationship for prefetching <[…]ee095b40db66e13c8>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22735: Resolve internal server error on missing item type <[…]bc1070ba2449f29a9>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22696: Simplify visibility logic in <[…]b74bf3dac2738c47f>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22700: Make biblio_metadata prefetchable from Koha::Biblio <[…]8e9e1419ea16f70e3>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22694: Unit tests <[…]ce10e859ae8fb66b8>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 22674: Change wording of payments in the GUI <[…]e7bbdc100909561c3>
11:41 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 21784: Clean up <[…]78593fdb44a893826>
11:42 oleonard Wow I did NOT expect Bug 21034 to move so quickly
11:42 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21034 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Re-indent
11:43 oleonard cait++
11:43 oleonard kidclamp++
11:43 cait oleonard: i was hoping it would make you happy :)
11:44 oleonard I fully expected to have to re-do it a few more times!
11:45 * ashimema quietly weeps
11:46 khall joined #koha
11:47 ashimema ++ on reindentation
11:48 ashimema oleonard++
11:48 alex_a joined #koha
11:48 oleonard I've probably said it before... reindenting is my ASMR of coding
11:52 oleonard And the reverse is true too... After working with Koha for so long seeing files with trailing whitespace and tab indentation is like fingernails on chalkboard
11:52 * oleonard glares at Wordpress
11:53 ashimema awhkks.. did you have to put that image in my mind
11:54 oleonard rangi++
12:01 reiveune left #koha
12:03 reiveune joined #koha
12:08 khall joined #koha
12:09 fridolin1 joined #koha
12:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #713: STILL UNSTABLE in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/713/
12:11 davidnind left #koha
12:16 andreashm joined #koha
12:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #207: UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/207/
12:18 talljoy joined #koha
12:20 tallerjoy joined #koha
12:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #219: UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/219/
12:21 oleonard I get it now: talljoy is sitting at a desk and tallerjoy has a standing desk
12:27 talljoy joined #koha
12:29 khall joined #koha
12:35 tallestjoy joined #koha
12:36 tallerjoy joined #koha
12:38 cait oleonard++:)
12:43 talljoy joined #koha
12:52 talljoy joined #koha
13:04 talljoy joined #koha
13:09 tallerjoy joined #koha
13:15 ere joined #koha
13:15 ere josef_moravec: Got a minute? I've a question about the PERL15 issues in bug 20447..
13:15 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20447 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Failed QA , Add support for MARC holdings records
13:19 cait ere: if josef_moravec is not around, maybe tcohen or ashimema migh be able to help
13:20 ashimema 2 minutes then I'll be about
13:21 ere Okay, well, anyone: How is Koha::Biblio->metadata() supposed to work? I'm just getting error trying to `Koha::Biblios->find(11111)->metadata();`
13:22 ere Can't locate object method "metadata" via package "Koha::Schema::Result::Biblio" at /home/ere/kohaclone/Koha/ line 77.
13:22 ere I think it worked, but now it has been changed to not use find() for the metadata record.
13:23 ere Josef asked to do the same change for holdings, but it doesn't work there either. Either I'm missing something or there's an issue in the master branch..
13:23 cait ere: maybe i have a bug in mind
13:23 cait sec
13:24 cait[…]8e9e1419ea16f70e3
13:24 cait coudl this be related?
13:25 ere cait: yes, that's the change. And the new version's not working for me..
13:26 ashimema hmm. it should work.. let me take a quick look
13:28 * cait summons josef_moravec again :P
13:30 ere Basicly I'm totally confused what the $self->_result->metadata method that Koha::Biblio->metadata tries to call actually is or should be.
13:31 ere Oh, now I see that there was a change to Koha/Schema/Result/ too. I probably lost it in resolving conflicts..
13:32 ashimema erm
13:32 ashimema it works for me..
13:32 ere ashimema: see above, I think I got it now..
13:32 Shane-S joined #koha
13:32 ashimema t/db_dependent/Koha/Biblio.t would fail otherwise
13:33 ashimema yes.. that's right
13:33 ashimema ->_result  means 'give me the raw dbic result/row object
13:34 ere ashimema: but, this is a complete mispresentation on the real database structure. Is this really the best way to do it?
13:34 ashimema then the ->metadata is a proper dbic relationship (which in this case is one we added manually at the end after the hashmark, as we wanted a has_one and a nice accessor name that matches what we're building in the Koha::Object (::Biblio in this case))
13:34 ere mispresentation _of_
13:34 andreashm joined #koha
13:34 ere ashimema: Yes, but in reality it's not a one-on-one relationship.
13:35 ashimema haha.. and now we get to the 'This is just one of the many reasons I hate Koha::Objects tantrum' ;)
13:36 ashimema one of the reasons for existance of Koha::Objects was that we can 'fix' names in Koha::Objects where we've made poor decisions in the database and not have to go and fix the database
13:36 * ashimema would rather we cleaned up the database
13:36 ere ashimema: Oh, not at all. I'm just not happy about pretending the database is different than it is... Why can't we use the real relationship information?
13:36 ashimema but alas.. because of reports that very hard to get through the group conciousness
13:36 ere I mean, even without the manual addition Biblio knows it has multiple metadatas
13:36 cait but... it doesn't in realiity?
13:37 ashimema I was told that it will always only ever have one
13:37 ashimema and always have that one.. never zero never more
13:37 cait it#s like the biblio/biblioitems issue we want to fix at some point
13:37 cait split for reasons other than normalization
13:37 ere ashimema: Err... why do we have table at all?
13:37 ashimema performance
13:38 cait http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/039239.html
13:38 ere cait: I thought it was to be able to support multiple formats..
13:38 cait http://lists.koha-community.or[…]-July/042821.html
13:38 cait it was an idea for the future, ut i thnk what we discussed was one at a time
13:38 ashimema it was proved that fetching the entire metadata field was painful.. so it got split into a new table so you now have to ask for it explicitly
13:38 cait so say.... mix dublin core and marc records
13:38 cait not have multiple representations for one and the same
13:38 cait but that's what I remember
13:38 ashimema of course.. we could have just asked for the columns we need instead of always saying give me all of them.. that likely would have achieved the same end I reckon
13:38 ashimema but...
13:39 ere I know the biblio/biblioitem history, but I'd really like to fix stuff instead of pretending to fix stuff. :)
13:39 cait i am not saying what is right or wrong... just trying to come up with the arguments at the time that led to things how they are
13:39 cait < historian ;)
13:40 ere Ok, well, now I at least got how it's working at the moment. Thanks for the assistance! I'll resume normal work and wait for someone to fix the world meanwhile.
13:40 ashimema we also have SQL guidelines that actually make this harder... we still build the dbic schemata from the database.. and the rules we enforce regarding table names and column names mean we end up with horrible relationship names
13:40 ashimema dbic suggest an entirely different scheme (which in my opinion makes allot more sense)
13:41 ashimema haha.. totally
13:41 ere I would have been completely fine if we pretended in Koha::Biblio that it only ever has one metadata record, but to make the schema class imply that... urgh.
13:41 ashimema huh?
13:41 ashimema in effect that's what we are doing..
13:41 ere ashimema:[…]7fceccf819247959f
13:41 ashimema indeed
13:42 ere compared to[…]e86cf69fda07#l170
13:42 ashimema but we've not gotten rid of the biblio_metadatas accessor
13:42 ashimema both exist
13:42 ere yes
13:42 ashimema so one can still get back to metadata's if they want
13:43 ashimema the point of adding the relation for `metadata` was to make the prefetch easier
13:44 ere I see. That makes sense. A comment to that effect in the code would have helped to understand that.
13:44 * ashimema sent a long message:  <[…]itebtDHsSfrVpnjfD >
13:44 ashimema see the inconsistency there?
13:45 ere ashimema: sure
13:45 ashimema the first one has a nice prefetch name that matches the relationship you're then going to use
13:45 ashimema the latter means you have to walk up the code path all the way back to the schema to understand what it is your actually wanting to prefetch
13:46 ashimema I think it's perhaps because this is so new... we need to add to the guidlines.. there's ongoing conversation about that
13:46 ashimema I may raise it this evening in the meeting
13:47 ashimema but in reality.. if we end up consistent throughout one shouldn't have to code dive so much to know what to prefetch.. I'm effectively trying to steer us back towards how dbic do it ;)
13:47 ere ashimema++
13:47 ashimema sorry if it's actually ended up confusing things more.. I'm certainly open to suggestions on improvements
13:47 deb-CSPL joined #koha
13:48 ashimema as I said.. what I'd really like to do is fix the database field and table names and ditch allot fo the Koha::Object pain we have entirely
13:49 ere ashimema: I agree.
13:49 khall joined #koha
13:51 caroline_crazycatlady joined #koha
13:52 * ashimema would love to see the day where every table in koha has an 'id' field as the primary key and all foreign key fields take the form 'table_id'
13:52 ashimema and all table names are plural
13:53 ere ooh, a dream come true!
13:54 ashimema oh, and of course where all foreign key fields are actual proper foreign keys with indexes and constraints ;)
13:54 ere ok, let's not get too excited here :D
13:55 * ashimema comes out of dream land and goes back to coding ;)
13:55 ere Ok, got to go, it's summer outside...
13:55 ere @wunder helsinki
13:55 huginn` ere: Error: I got an error searching 'None'. (keynotfound: this key does not exist)
13:55 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
13:56 ere @wunder helsinki finland
13:56 huginn` ere: Error: I got an error searching 'None'. (keynotfound: this key does not exist)
13:56 ere :(
13:57 deb-CSPL joined #koha
13:57 talljoy joined #koha
14:02 oleonard AndrewIsh++
14:03 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:03 oleonard Hi there Central Time Zone
14:03 wizzyrea hallo
14:06 talljoy joined #koha
14:12 calire left #koha
14:19 wizzyrea ashimema, yes, I can poke that
14:21 ashimema Thanks wizzyrea 😊
14:21 talljoy joined #koha
14:26 tallerjoy joined #koha
14:34 oleonard Updated (finally?!) with Bootstrap grid examples: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]erns#Page_layouts
14:34 talljoy joined #koha
14:35 wizzyrea heyyyy neat
14:35 tallerjoy joined #koha
14:36 tallestjoy joined #koha
14:37 lukeG joined #koha
14:37 tallestjoy joined #koha
14:43 talljoy joined #koha
14:43 wizzyrea i am so confused by talljoy right now
14:44 oleonard She keeps eating different sides of the mushroom
14:44 * wizzyrea waits for shortjoy to appear
14:45 tallerjoy joined #koha
14:48 tallestjoy joined #koha
14:52 talljoy joined #koha
15:12 fridolin1 left #koha
15:12 cait oleonard++
15:12 cait left #koha
15:29 wizzyrea hey cait
15:30 wizzyrea bug 20891 might help us get 22715 going
15:30 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20891 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Lists in staff don't load when \ was used in the description
15:30 wizzyrea and it seems to work
15:47 alex_a Everyone needs cait's help :)
15:51 cait joined #koha
15:54 alex_a cait, can you take a look on the 3 last comments on Bug 18823 please ?
15:54 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18823 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Failed QA , Advanced editor - Rancor - add ability to edit records in import batches
16:00 cait alex_a: my head is not working well right now, i will try later - ok?
16:00 cait i think you are right about svc
16:00 cait but there is alot of logic an dmethods there
16:00 cait so what I'd really like is for someone else to weigh in
16:00 cait kidclamp: would be nic
16:00 cait e
16:00 cait *tries to summon*
16:01 alex_a cait, take care of your head first :)
16:01 kidclamp I would be nice, I usually am
16:02 cait yeah but then i can blame the RM
16:02 talljoy joined #koha
16:02 cait alex_a: i tihnk it's really gotten too big
16:02 cait did you comment on the controlnumber related things too?
16:02 kidclamp me?
16:02 wahanui you are the guy with an amazing moustache
16:02 cait too big for my head only at least
16:03 cait alex_a:  :)
16:03 cait kidclamp: from you i'd like a comment on the missing tests :)
16:03 ashimema me?
16:03 wahanui i guess ashimema is RMaint for 18.05 ?
16:04 alex_a cait, corilynn found a regression since i remove the record number (as you suggest)
16:04 cait who is the confused one now..?
16:04 alex_a But it seems to be useful
16:04 corilynn we all are, cait, we all are
16:04 cait true
16:04 wizzyrea i'm so lost you should call me little red riding hood
16:04 wizzyrea or um... goldilocks.
16:04 wizzyrea or something.
16:04 wahanui rumour has it something is broken
16:04 corilynn was she lost, or ...
16:05 cait sorry, work is killing me... we got a ton of complex problems right now because of our merged unoin catalogs
16:05 wizzyrea tis
16:05 ashimema :confused:
16:05 corilynn all: bug 18823
16:05 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18823 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Failed QA , Advanced editor - Rancor - add ability to edit records in import batches
16:05 corilynn the rock that is sitting on my back
16:06 cait i think this was developed for a library with a real special worflow?
16:06 kidclamp unit tests would be highly appreciated
16:06 * ashimema wishes he had a few tuits to spare
16:06 cait it seems lke it's made to do catalougiing more for 'outside of Koha'
16:06 corilynn cait, we are not a library, but a consulting cataloging firm
16:06 cait i think we need to make sure the workflow for 'standard catalouging' stil works without extra steps
16:06 kidclamp but I think for some of the modules they may be missing, and in that case I 'might' be convinced to turn a blind eye
16:06 cait I assumed something like that
16:06 corilynn cait, agree
16:06 cait so thinking about this mostly when looking at it - how to make it work for both
16:07 corilynn we did the original funding for that interface
16:07 kidclamp though, when you are deep in the code and understand it is the best time to write tests
16:07 corilynn but it still doesn't work for *us* without this feature
16:07 cait i don't want librareis to have to tick extra boxes if possible for the stanard use case of saving into Koha
16:07 cait does that make sense?
16:07 corilynn cait, complete
16:07 corilynn ly
16:07 corilynn *I* don't want to have to click extra boxes
16:07 cait i might not have fully understood it first try, I am usre we can work something out
16:08 kidclamp could you have two buttons? one to save regular, and one to update?
16:08 corilynn once you click a box, it should remain clicked until you unclick it, this is the first rule of "catloging club"
16:08 * ashimema hasn't read the bug enough yet to really understand what it does
16:08 cait corilynn: i'd argue it should be preset to 'into koha'
16:08 alex_a kidclamp, i didn't write tests for svc/ script. Since, afaik, there's no way to do it. And i gave up write ones for MetaSearcher
16:08 cait but i have to take another look at the gui
16:08 corilynn the second rule is, the button stays clicked
16:09 corilynn kidclamp, i don't think that's a good idea
16:09 cait and honestly... i don#t remember right now aobut the biblionumber thing
16:09 cait i wanted
16:10 kidclamp I haven't looked at these patches in forever, so ignore me about buttons :-)
16:10 corilynn I would be happier with: same controlNum then overwrite, different controlnum, create
16:10 cait most libraries don't use the controlnumber at all
16:10 corilynn hmm, not sure that's totally true
16:10 cait i know we do with our union catalog set up
16:10 cait but koha doesn't set it
16:11 cait we don't even index 003
16:11 cait or move 001 to 035 as other systems do
16:11 corilynn there's a bug for that, cait, I fixed it in the last version?
16:11 cait i think you got the plugin in
16:11 corilynn "that" being 001
16:11 corilynn I did
16:11 cait but it's not happening automatically
16:11 corilynn nope
16:11 cait an dnot for the standard editor
16:12 tallerjoy joined #koha
16:12 cait I think it's safe to assume most libraries leave it empty for loca cataloguing
16:12 corilynn this feature doesn't exist for the standard editor
16:12 cait no hea stats for that, but from what i have seen i think that's the case
16:12 cait I am not saying it's nto useful... it's just that it won't work for most libraries
16:12 corilynn a lot of public recs (z39.50) have 001
16:12 tallerjoy joined #koha
16:12 cait but 001 is not enough
16:13 corilynn is it not?
16:13 cait to make it work for sure... you'd have to look for 003
16:13 cait only in combination both are unique
16:13 corilynn 003 is already required by koha
16:13 cait for your check i mean
16:13 corilynn ok
16:13 cait it's quite complex
16:13 corilynn not, really
16:13 cait and was not in the test plans i think, or i missed it
16:13 corilynn probably not
16:14 kidclamp alex_a: I will try to be forgiving then, Rancor is in need of more tests overall likely
16:14 cait wizzyrea: would you mind giving th ebug a go?
16:14 corilynn cait, it's currently broken
16:14 cait oh
16:14 cait so what did i demand that doesn't work?
16:15 wizzyrea i mean yes, but no
16:15 wizzyrea :)
16:15 corilynn removing the record number box
16:15 kidclamp as long as the thigns svc calls are tested where they can be the svc doesn't need to be tested, would be nice ot use REST, but that is much bigger work
16:15 cait my issue was  that it looked like you were creating a duplicate
16:15 cait was it that?
16:15 cait with both box checked?
16:15 corilynn yes
16:15 cait boxes
16:15 cait so maybe we need to come up with different labelling?
16:15 corilynn but what you are doing is overwriting that record
16:16 corilynn fine with me
16:16 corilynn what do you suggest
16:16 corilynn ?
16:16 cait right now... i really have to look at it again
16:16 corilynn ok
16:16 cait and could you add something to the test plan/comments about 001?
16:16 cait if nto there yet
16:16 wizzyrea do you want me to look at it in the meantime cait? to give your head a rest
16:17 cait corilynn: issue is too... thi swould have been better as several bugs
16:17 cait introduce the save as... introduce the batch stuff
16:17 alex_a corilynn, cait "my issue was  that it looked like you were creating a duplicate" => No
16:17 cait it right now rewrites adds tons of code to rancor
16:17 cait and i don't know that code well
16:17 alex_a If the 2 box are checked => update the record in same batch
16:17 alex_a boxes*
16:17 cait wizzyrea: i'd love to get another head on it
16:17 corilynn cait, i get it, but this has been in the works for 3 years
16:17 corilynn splitting it up would be aweful
16:17 cait just explaining, i know not now
16:17 cait but maybe next tiem :)
16:18 corilynn hey, cool
16:18 corilynn I'd much rather have a tiny change
16:18 cait they work much better, testing, qa'ing etc
16:18 corilynn but this is the bulge in the snake that is 10 more bugs
16:18 cait ok, now you lost me :)
16:18 cait is that a saying?
16:18 corilynn it's the "fat part"
16:19 * wizzyrea tries to wrap head around that snake metaphor as well
16:19 corilynn sorry
16:19 wizzyrea but I think I get it
16:19 wizzyrea is there more coming?
16:19 wizzyrea i.e. if we don't move this rat on through, there's other stuff that can't be solved
16:19 corilynn ah, software term, "TENT POLE"
16:19 corilynn wizzyrea, yes
16:19 wizzyrea excellent I understand you
16:19 ashimema I have a love hate with lots of small bugs.. they're certainly easier to get SO and QA.. but.. they also run the risk of only parts of features getting in :(
16:20 corilynn https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]3&hide_resolved=1
16:21 cait ashimema: i think Joubu proved that it works, he is quite good at it
16:21 wizzyrea rght ok I'll give it a go corilynn will you be arond to explain the use cases to me if I need it?
16:21 ashimema that's not a dependancy tree.. this is a dependancy tree https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]raph.cgi?id=14825 ;)
16:21 cait lol
16:21 corilynn wizzyrea, it's currently broken
16:21 wizzyrea oh, right
16:21 corilynn see, it's not as gross as that
16:21 ashimema oh it works and is certainly the way to go
16:21 wizzyrea do I need to not apply a particular patch maybe and it will be not broken
16:21 cait alex_a: could you undo the breaking change quickly?
16:21 wizzyrea ?
16:21 cait or could we just leave out a patch for wizzyrea to test?
16:21 alex_a cait, i can!
16:22 ashimema but.. it's hard to make sure that the whole feature goes in within one release.. and it's horrible when a half feature makes it
16:22 corilynn ashimema, agreed
16:22 corilynn wizzyrea, need to eat lunch, but I can be around for the next 4.5 hours
16:23 wizzyrea yep ok
16:23 ashimema will unblocking the particular one end up with such a case.. we have very little of this cycle left.. it may be a better candidate as first thing pushed next cycle
16:23 * ashimema ducks before he gets his head cut off
16:23 corilynn promises, promises ;)
16:23 wizzyrea heh
16:24 corilynn I'd rather do the testing, whatever cycle it goes it
16:24 corilynn in
16:24 alex_a cait, done. Have to go now. I'll take a look at the IRC logs tomorrow. If you want to re-broke things, just unobsolete the last patch :)
16:25 cait ok :)
16:25 corilynn i'm going to eat before hangry kicks in
16:25 corilynn bbs
16:25 alex_a ++
16:25 ashimema coolios
16:26 * cait bought herself a chocolate bunny and then dropped it
16:26 cait it's that kind of day
16:29 talljoy joined #koha
16:29 cait is easter chocolate bunnies a thing everywhere?
16:29 ashimema it is here
16:30 wizzyrea here too
16:30 cait ah at least :)
16:31 oleonard But no chocolate bells here
16:31 lisettelatah joined #koha
16:31 oleonard Hi lisettelatah
16:32 lisettelatah Hi oleonard
16:32 wahanui hi oleopard
16:33 tallerjoy joined #koha
16:36 tallestjoy joined #koha
16:38 tallerjoy joined #koha
16:40 talljoy joined #koha
16:46 * cait waves at lisettelatah
16:46 tallestjoy joined #koha
16:48 tallestjoy joined #koha
16:49 wizzyrea i can't think of a use case where someone would want, say, 4 holds on a single barcode
16:49 wizzyrea can you?
16:49 wizzyrea (because it's possible now, but we have a patch to prevent it and I wanto make sure that's not intentional)
16:52 oleonard One person with multiple holds on a single item?
16:52 wizzyrea yeah
16:52 wizzyrea not on a biblio
16:52 wizzyrea on a single item
16:52 oleonard I don't see why that would need to be possible
16:52 wizzyrea neither
16:53 cait same
16:53 cait but.. 123?
16:53 cait @quote get 123
16:53 huginn` cait: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
16:53 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
16:53 wizzyrea well yes
16:55 cait not doubting my judgement much today
16:56 cait hm
16:56 wizzyrea i mean
16:56 cait not trusting
16:56 cait broken brain
16:56 wizzyrea if we think it through
16:56 lisettelatah I could see people using it to schedule holds out for something like rehoming an item to a different branch periodically, though I don't think it the most efficient way to do it.
16:58 wizzyrea lets say a borrower places a hold on an item, gets the item, and returns it
16:58 wizzyrea if they have multiple on the same item I mean a barcode not a biblio
16:59 wizzyrea they return it and it immediately triggers another hold for them?
16:59 wizzyrea why would anyone do that
16:59 cait hm it would trigger again
16:59 cait could be gaming the rules a bit
16:59 cait if renewals are limited for some reason
16:59 wizzyrea here's a use case I could see
16:59 wizzyrea person mad about a book they don't like the content on
16:59 wizzyrea does this
17:00 wizzyrea ^ should not be allowed
17:00 wizzyrea so they check it out, renew it fully to avoid fines
17:00 wizzyrea trigger a hold
17:00 wizzyrea get it back again
17:00 wizzyrea ad infinitum
17:01 cait seems a bit much work, but who knows :)
17:03 talljoy joined #koha
17:05 lisettelatah They could, but would a patch that prevented that also prevent someone from placing a hold on an item they currently checked out? Maybe they aren't done with it and there is another hold and they want to get on the list before the return it? They might want to place an item level hold because branch A has longer checkout times than branch B or something.
17:05 cait i think placing a hold on hcecked out has a pref
17:05 corilynn wizzyrea, I can't think of a reason for 4 holds on one barcode, but certainly 4 on the same title
17:06 cait so we should not prevent by default
17:06 cait checking if i can find it
17:07 cait AllowHoldsOnPatronsPossessions
17:07 cait [Allow|Don't allow] a patron to place a hold on a record where the patron already has one or more items attached to that record checked out.
17:08 tallerjoy joined #koha
17:09 wizzyrea lisettelatah, no, this patch wouldn't prevent that - the syspref does
17:10 wizzyrea corilynn, definitely this does not change the title level hold behaviour
17:10 tallestjoy joined #koha
17:11 wizzyrea i'm only trying to make sure we're not preventing something that could have an actual (not gaming the system) use.
17:11 wizzyrea and I think I'm nearly there agreeing that this shouldn't be allowed
17:11 wizzyrea :D
17:12 corilynn kewl
17:15 cait yep
17:15 wizzyrea excellent thinking though thanks team
17:18 ashimema What on earth is going on with talljoy
17:18 ashimema Feels like she been bottef
17:18 cait clones?
17:19 cait bottef?
17:19 ashimema botted even
17:19 wizzyrea dodgy internet maybe?
17:19 ashimema Become a bit
17:19 ashimema Bot
17:19 ashimema Damn autocorrect
17:19 ashimema Dinner time
17:19 tcohen hi all
17:19 wizzyrea hi tcohen
17:19 cait tall joy bot....
17:20 cait hi tcohen :)
17:20 wizzyrea tallbot
17:20 wizzyrea botjoy
17:20 cait tcohen: did you get my mail? ;)
17:22 tallerjoy joined #koha
17:23 tallerjoy joined #koha
17:25 talljoy joined #koha
17:26 tcohen cait: api patches?
17:26 lisettelatah joined #koha
17:26 cait yep
17:29 tallestjoy joined #koha
17:31 reiveune bye
17:31 tallestjoy joined #koha
17:32 reiveune left #koha
17:34 tcohen tallestjoy: we want the real joy
17:41 lukeG joined #koha
17:45 lisettelatah joined #koha
17:56 wizzyrea lol "Upgrade to XXX done (Bug XXXXX - description)"
17:56 * wizzyrea gives it a little side-eye
17:56 cait oh?
17:56 wahanui i think oh is that a newer than 17.05 feature?
17:57 wizzyrea it's ok I'll fix it if te feature tests ok :)
17:57 wizzyrea I just think it's funny
18:04 tallestjoy joined #koha
18:07 * ashimema has fallen into that trap before
18:18 lukeG joined #koha
18:26 wizzyrea anyone available to qa https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=18308
18:26 huginn` Bug 18308: normal, P5 - low, ---, hayleymapley, Signed Off , Default value of minPasswordLength should be increased
18:36 * cait summons qa_team
18:36 cait hm... thought it might work :)
18:44 wizzyrea qa_team help!
18:44 wahanui cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
18:44 wizzyrea there we go
18:44 wizzyrea lol
18:44 khall wizzyrea I'll take a look!
18:44 cait darn... i need these super powers!
18:45 cait wizzyrea: i was hoping you could take a look at the acq item on receive edit bug too :) holding back to qa :)
18:45 khall cait I installed a non-web irc client on my computer finally ;)
18:45 wizzyrea oh oh oh
18:45 wizzyrea which one is that
18:45 cait yay!
18:45 davidnind joined #koha
18:45 cait bug 22669
18:45 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22669 blocker, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cannot edit received item in acquisitions with acqcreateitem set to "when placing an order"
18:45 khall I'm using Textual atm, not sure if I'll stick with it since it's nonfree, but it's nice
18:45 wizzyrea beauty
18:46 cait khall: love having you back :)
18:46 khall :)
18:46 tcohen cait: you have the superpowers
18:47 cait maybe i forgot how ot use them :)
18:48 wizzyrea that's why I'm here ;)
18:49 wizzyrea oh thank the everything that works again
18:52 tallerjoy joined #koha
18:52 wizzyrea oh bugger not completely
18:55 * oleonard grumble grumbles
18:56 cait wizzyrea: thx for testing - hope to get that in fast
18:57 ashimema Me uses and matrix for it. khall worked really week for me until the recent hack that took matrix offline for like 2 weeks it felt
18:57 ashimema Made me really miss having logs and things
18:58 khall ashimema yeah, I wanted bws to move to matrix, but we went the slack route. It's getting better but it's not quite ready for primetime
18:58 * ashimema is currently in a field with his dog.. excuse slow replies and typos from phone
18:59 kidclamp metting soon?
18:59 ashimema Agree
18:59 oleonard Gotta go. Sorry to miss the meeting.
18:59 ashimema I have slack for work (and pestering bws and tcohen)
18:59 ashimema And riot for here and other IRC like mojo
18:59 khall heh ;)
18:59 ashimema Any minute
18:59 kidclamp oleonard just volunteered to fix all the bugs, right? s'what I heard
19:00 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 24 April 2019
19:00 huginn` Meeting started Wed Apr 24 19:00:29 2019 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
19:00 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 April 2019)
19:00 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_24_april_2019'
19:00 ashimema Totally
19:00 kidclamp #topic Introductions
19:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 April 2019)
19:00 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:00 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
19:01 cait please introduce yourself using #info!
19:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
19:01 andreashm joined #koha
19:01 kidclamp #chair cait ashimema
19:01 huginn` Current chairs: ashimema cait kidclamp
19:01 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
19:01 ashimema Slow phone typer extraordinair
19:01 wizzyrea #info liz rea, doer of things
19:02 kidclamp is that us?
19:03 ashimema Looks like it
19:03 kidclamp khall was here. lukeg JesseM
19:03 kidclamp qa team?
19:03 wahanui qa team are the real gatekeepers, send cookies their way
19:03 kidclamp qa_team?
19:03 wahanui qa_team is cait alex_a jajm khall josef_moravec ashimema Joubu marcelr tcohen rangi
19:03 cait oh nice, we can decide something big while noone is watching
19:03 kidclamp ah! I found the magic word
19:03 cait cheese names for releases?
19:04 ashimema Lol
19:04 wizzyrea pizza flavours
19:04 thd joined #koha
19:04 kidclamp 19.05 = camembetr sa mere
19:04 ashimema Muppets
19:04 cait muppets is a good one
19:04 wizzyrea limited number tho
19:04 cait stars?
19:04 ashimema Lol
19:05 wizzyrea lol
19:05 kidclamp #topic Announcements
19:05 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 April 2019)
19:05 ashimema Rmaint releases due end of the week
19:06 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
19:06 ashimema We're in string freeze.. think I forgot to send the reminder emails this time.. apologies
19:06 ashimema # is hard on phone keyboard
19:06 cait #info Freeze dates have been announced http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/045179.html - May 3 is feature slush!
19:06 kidclamp that is soon!
19:06 cait #info Maint releases are in string freeze
19:07 * kidclamp breathes deep calming breaths
19:07 cait you will be free soon ;)
19:07 * ashimema shivers
19:07 kidclamp I will miss people listening to my opinion
19:07 cait #info Elections on next IRC meeting - May 8
19:07 cait #info Still a lot of roles to fill
19:08 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_19.11 Roles 19.11
19:08 ashimema Do we need a little recruitment drive?
19:08 ashimema Like we did for 18.11
19:08 cait i'd say so... especially rmaints and translation
19:09 cait what did we do for 18.11?
19:09 ashimema Roll up, roll up.. we need you
19:09 wizzyrea oh i could take a rmaint
19:09 cait I'll add the electio meeting to the page as link on top...
19:09 ashimema Sent a few extra emails to the lists and pm a few people until they signed up.
19:10 kidclamp moving on?
19:10 davidnind I can post on @kohails, along with a reminder closer  to 8 May meeting
19:10 cait davidnind: please do!
19:10 ashimema ++
19:11 cait also if you hae somoene on mind, they might just need a nudge in the right direction
19:11 lukeG joined #koha
19:12 * cait volunteers lukeG for something
19:12 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeting_8_May_2019 Agenda
19:13 cait wizzyrea: you could!
19:13 wizzyrea it's been a little while but I've done it before
19:13 cait hm that was the wrong agenda... someone stop me please
19:13 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_24_April_2019 Agenda
19:14 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_24_April_2019 Today's agenda
19:14 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (19.05)
19:14 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (19.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 April 2019)
19:14 kidclamp I have been working on chasing bugs and clean up, pushing whatever gets into my queue
19:14 cait kidclamp++
19:14 kidclamp things are coming along nicely, special thanks to liz and cait for getting some nasty circ bugs cleaned up
19:15 kidclamp reminder that release will be after KohaCon
19:15 kidclamp keep hitting the QA queue, esp any bugs that come through
19:15 kidclamp that's all I got rightnow
19:15 wizzyrea 2 blockers outstanding
19:15 wizzyrea one LDAP which are notoriously hard to test
19:16 wizzyrea the acq one should be fixed soon tho
19:17 cait 2 blockers, 1 critical and 13 major outstanding - need to get that down pre-release
19:17 wizzyrea oh i meant to look at that labels one
19:18 kidclamp #inf release coming along, thanks all, keep hitting the bugs
19:18 kidclamp #info release coming along, thanks all, keep hitting the bugs
19:18 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
19:18 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 April 2019)
19:18 kidclamp ashimema: lukeG fridolin
19:19 ashimema I've got a small backlog to burn through after release
19:19 ashimema But otherwise we're doing well
19:19 ashimema Already announced next release dates, end of this week
19:19 ashimema That's it from me tonight
19:20 kidclamp #info the rmaints are working tirelessly through the nights to perfect their releases, send coffee and candy
19:20 kidclamp basically what you said
19:20 cait :)
19:20 ashimema Hehe, thanks
19:20 cait ashimema++ lukeG++ fridolin++
19:20 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
19:20 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 April 2019)
19:21 cait #info Thx to the hard work of the testers (special thanks to Michal Denar and Liz) the NSO queue is way below 200 for the first time in ages
19:21 kidclamp confetti!
19:21 wahanui o/`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
19:21 ashimema Wool, woop
19:21 cait #info QA queue goes up and down a bit, around 70 right now. Calling for all team members to get that down!
19:21 lukeG dont forget JesseM++ (also a current 18.05 RMaint) :)
19:22 cait seriously, 2 weeks pre release... let's get things done. I'd especially like to get the longer waiting ones cleaned out
19:22 cait I've listed 3 on the wiki that appear especially stuck
19:22 wizzyrea cait can't do it alone!
19:22 cait bug 21824
19:22 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21824 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add ability to format dates in various formats in templates
19:22 cait bug 20582
19:22 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20582 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Turn Koha into a Mojolicious application
19:22 cait bug 19821
19:22 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19821 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Run tests on a separate database
19:23 kidclamp 20582 is in ashimema's sights for next release I believe
19:23 cait #info Please look at bugs and longer waiting ones - dashboard and sorting by 'last changed' helps to spot them
19:24 ashimema Yup, I'm keen on that last one early next release.. aiming to collar mst in helping to QA it from a mojo expert perspective at kohacon
19:24 cait the last or the middle?
19:24 ashimema I will try to tackle at least one of the other ones.
19:24 ashimema Oh middle..
19:24 ashimema The mojo one
19:24 ashimema Sorry
19:24 cait ah
19:25 cait if it's too late for this, can we mark it for 19.11?
19:25 kidclamp sure
19:25 ashimema kidclamp is welcome to grab it if he wants it.. I just don't have the time this cycle to look at it properly from a QA perspective
19:25 cait clean queue = happy cait
19:26 tcohen hi
19:26 wahanui privet, tcohen
19:26 ashimema And I got the feeling no-one else felt they had the expertise there?
19:26 cait not me :(
19:26 ashimema Hehe
19:26 ashimema I like happy cait
19:26 davidnind we all want a happy cait!
19:26 cait aaw :)
19:26 tcohen wasn't the Mojo one a working POC
19:27 cait I really need help with that kind of stuff
19:27 wizzyrea i shy away from those ones too, sorry
19:27 cait please jump in, ask if you are ot sure where to start, I will find you something :)
19:27 * cait points tcohen to API patches ;)
19:27 cait nothing more helpful from me, any one else from the team?
19:27 ashimema tcohen yes I think it is
19:28 tcohen cait: I'll take a look at the patches for checkouts
19:28 ashimema I need to get to grips with it and whether we want to introduce 'yet another way to run koha', encourage a switch or what
19:28 kidclamp moving ahead?
19:29 cait bug 18206 is on the old list too
19:29 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18206 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Signed Off , REST API: Default exception handling
19:29 ashimema I like the idea of switching from plack to hypnotoad but would like some good clear reasons to do so rather than 'a feeling'
19:29 cait i didn't realize the change was that big
19:29 cait so definitely late for this one
19:29 cait this release
19:29 ashimema I'm sort of on that one cait , I need to get back to it
19:30 cait great
19:30 cait move on :)
19:30 ashimema Go for it
19:30 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
19:30 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 April 2019)
19:31 kidclamp #info More code golf is encouraged
19:31 tcohen +1
19:31 wizzyrea golf?
19:31 cait can you explain that a bit?
19:32 cait i've seen the term used, but have no clear picture
19:32 * wizzyrea highfives cait
19:32 kidclamp alternate patches, updated patches, more than just a comment, show people what you mean
19:32 kidclamp or fix small issues and ask for return sign off
19:32 ashimema ,😊
19:32 wizzyrea oh, be generous
19:32 kidclamp just a convo ashimema and I had
19:33 wizzyrea yes that's a nice thing
19:33 ashimema Learning from each other by coding on bugs together
19:33 wizzyrea well it's not an adversarial sport
19:33 wizzyrea more like curling.
19:33 wizzyrea one person pushes it off and everyone else scrubs it to the finish line :P
19:33 ashimema So if your doing SO or QA and spot a minor change you can make to improve to code.. go ahead and do it as a follow-up.. that way we all r so the rewards
19:34 cait aaah
19:34 cait cool
19:34 ashimema Exactly.. I love that.. curling
19:34 * ashimema adopts that term
19:34 cait wizzyrea: thx for the picture :)
19:34 wizzyrea well I mean the original person can help scrub too
19:34 kidclamp #info make that code curling - help clear the way to get the bug to the goal
19:34 wizzyrea so it's not a perfect metaphor
19:34 wizzyrea :P
19:35 kidclamp we're all dogs pulling the same sled?
19:35 tcohen kitten?
19:35 ashimema The mojo community are really good at it.. they have a golfing period for all pull requests and often the result is very nice and you can learn allot from the action of doing it
19:35 lukeG ha
19:35 kidclamp be the avengers, but for perl coding?
19:35 tcohen hehe
19:35 * kidclamp claims Hulk
19:35 cait maybe a code curling day would be nice
19:36 wizzyrea[…]bd1KCFW/giphy.gif
19:36 wizzyrea ^ I am completely dying of laughter
19:36 kidclamp hehe
19:36 kidclamp no coding guidelines, I think we can set next meeting, or keep playing :-)
19:36 ashimema Live that
19:37 wizzyrea i like the little YES at the end lol
19:37 cait lol
19:37 cait code curling is[…]bd1KCFW/giphy.gif
19:38 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
19:38 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 24 April 2019)
19:39 kidclamp May 8th, 14 UTC?
19:39 kidclamp ould be same day as general
19:39 cait may 8 is general with elections
19:39 kidclamp may 15th?
19:39 cait maybe move it a little?
19:39 cait works for me
19:39 cait still before kohaCon
19:40 thd better
19:40 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 15 May 2019, 14 UTC
19:40 kidclamp #endmeeting
19:40 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
19:40 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Apr 24 19:40:35 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:40 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-24-19.00.html
19:40 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-04-24-19.00.txt
19:40 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]24-19.00.log.html
19:40 kidclamp THnaks all!
19:40 kidclamp thanks even
19:41 ashimema Thanks all
19:41 ashimema Lupin says hi from his walk.. or rather "woof"
19:41 cait kidclamp++
19:42 * ashimema will go run the meeting script to generate cal entries and wiki pages now
19:42 josef_moravec joined #koha
19:43 cait hi josef_moravec :)
19:43 cait or wb
19:43 josef_moravec hi cait
19:43 wizzyrea doggie!
19:44 josef_moravec looks like i just missed the meeting...
19:44 cait we decided to name the releases after muppets
19:44 cait 19.05 will be miss piggy
19:44 wizzyrea cheeses
19:45 cait miss piggy camenbert
19:45 wizzyrea yees
19:47 * wizzyrea is still laughing at that gif
19:47 ashimema code golf
19:47 wahanui well, code golf is like, cleaning up code and learning from each other and like code curling
19:47 davidnind code curling
19:47 wahanui code curling is[…]bd1KCFW/giphy.gif
19:48 ashimema code curling
19:48 wahanui hmmm... code curling is[…]bd1KCFW/giphy.gif
19:48 ashimema Hehe
19:51 wizzyrea https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=22738 is this actually a bug
19:51 huginn` Bug 22738: blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Software Error after LDAP Authentication
19:52 wizzyrea can anyone confirm that something bad happens it seems like a helpdesk thing
19:57 cait i tend to say so too... maybe should move to the mailing list now for more ideas
19:58 wizzyrea i mean at least demote it from blocker
19:58 wizzyrea cuz uh it's not I think?
19:58 cait agred
19:59 wizzyrea done
19:59 wizzyrea right, kiddo pickup time
20:04 thd drop off time
20:11 ashimema Agreed too
20:11 ashimema It might be nicer if we caught the error and threw a more meaningful on into the logs.. but I still don't think it's a bug as such
20:16 cait kidclamp: tabs? ;)
20:16 * cait will code curl bug 22753 for you
20:16 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22753 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Move hold to top button doesn't work if waiting holds exist.
20:23 cait hm stange, the qa script complains about lines not changed by the patch
20:26 kidclamp I must have used tabs that were already there
20:32 amoyano joined #koha
20:54 cait fixed now
20:54 cait btw, working on bug 14576
20:54 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14576 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Allow automatic update of location on checkin
20:54 cait for once it was good that my devbox always has the wrong time :)
20:54 cait resettting it helps alter my checkins so i can test the cart_to_shelf cronjob :P
20:55 cait ageing
20:57 cait kidclamp: pqa... hope you are now a bit happy too :) making people happy is today's topic
21:00 wizzycray joined #koha
21:29 davidnind cait: Would chocolate help? Any requests from that I can bring to kohacon?
21:31 wizzycray docker makes me sad
21:31 wizzycray cait you want all of that chocolate
21:31 wizzycray it is the actual best chocolate and I know you are from germany and supposedly you have good chocolate but seriously don't pass it up
21:32 wizzycray let him bring you chocolate.
21:32 wizzycray I suggest hazelnut and the pecan/maple
21:32 wizzycray if you are into nuts.
21:32 cait davidnind: i will never say no to chocolate :)
21:32 cait but help with waht? happy? :)
21:32 wizzycray if not, the mint, berry and biscuit, milk, dark ghana all good
21:33 wizzycray and now for real i'm out
21:33 cait I've never had caramelised white chocolate... and i like salty/sweet things
21:33 davidnind cait: Yes!
21:34 cait i've seen them caramelising white chocolate on cooking shows - hence the curiosity :)
21:34 * cait probably watched all cooking shows on netflix
21:34 davidnind wonders how much chocolate I can fit in my bag
21:34 cait chocolate is cheating abit... but... chocolate!
21:35 cait those chocolate kiwis are adorable
21:35 cait i've seen gummies (is that the word?) the other day too
21:35 cait so cute
21:36 cait ok... now i think chocolate.
21:36 cait davidnind: you are mean heh
21:36 * cait will just write chocolate on all the tst plans now :)
21:37 cait davidnind: is there something you are interested in from Gemrany?
21:37 davidnind oh no, what have I done :-D
21:38 cait this would be a german brand, but i believe it's also in part available in US and NZ (an dnot sure if the website translates)
21:38 cait i really like salted honey almonds :)
21:41 davidnind willing to try different things, but generally not very adventurous..
21:42 davidnind feeling hungry now (even though I just had breakfast!
21:43 davidnind website translates fine - they all look tasty!
21:44 davidnind licorice
21:45 cait oh rjs... i love those
21:45 cait you managed to make it worse :)
21:46 cait rangi got me addicted at the first nz kohacon - they were in the conference bags
21:49 davidnind hehe - I'd better stop now, don't want to make you not happy!
21:50 davidnind that's such a great idea, putting addictive confectionery in conference bags!
22:44 kidclamp cait+++±+++++++++
22:45 cait joined #koha
23:02 lukeG Good night Koha!
23:02 lukeG left #koha
23:21 khall joined #koha
23:27 Yuban joined #koha
23:28 Yuban hola, tengo una duda sobre Koha 3,12, Como realizo una modificación a un módulo? Tengo que hacerlo desde Administración de Koha o tengo que tocar codigo perl. No me queda muy claro
23:33 Yuban hola?
23:41 davidnind Hi Yuban. What are you trying to do? (I am using google translate, so hopefully I can try and help!)
23:41 Yuban quiero personalizar koha para una biblioteca
23:41 Yuban que necesito hacer
23:42 Yuban I need to customize Koha for a library. What I need to do?
23:42 Yuban I need to customize Koha for a library. What I need to do?
23:43 davidnind What do want to customize?
23:44 Yuban diseño, reglas
23:44 Yuban implementar plugins
23:45 amoyano Hola Yuban, para implementar plugins, te recomiendo que veas[…]ugin-kitchen-sink
23:46 amoyano Es un template para crear nuevos plugins
23:46 davidnind Koha has lots of system preferences - these let you configure Koha. Maybe some of them will work?
23:47 Yuban necesito mover de lugar algunos controles de koha, para que se adapten al diseño del sitio web. Donde modifico eso?
23:48 amoyano Si se puede hacer desde css, deberías modificar en koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/css
23:49 davidnind If you want to customize how the catalogue looks, then you can change the CSS - https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]le_themeing_guide (in english)
23:49 Yuban Tengo que programar algo?
23:49 Yuban No soy experto
23:50 amoyano si los cambios son para intranet.. si los cambios los quieres hacer en opac sería en koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/css
23:50 amoyano Probablemente necesites llamar a alguien que conozca css
23:51 Yuban muy bien. Gracias por su ayuda
23:51 amoyano Suerte
23:52 Yuban Solo una ultima cosa.
23:52 davidnind For 3.12 http://manual.koha-community.o[…]2/es/impopac.html
23:52 Yuban El comportamiento de los modulos, se puede moficiar
23:53 Yuban modificar?
23:56 davidnind If you need to change how Koha works - a new feature or an enhancement - the recommended approach is to file a bug
23:56 davidnind You can also create plugins, but I don't know how to do that.
23:58 Yuban vale. Gracias
23:58 davidnind Koha 3.12 is now quite old. Are you able to upgrade or test what you want to do on the latest version of Koha (18.11). You may find that what you want to do has already been fixed or has been added in a newer version.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary