IRC log for #koha, 2019-04-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:01 cait1 joined #koha
02:03 yhager joined #koha
03:45 kathryn joined #koha
05:10 chris joined #koha
05:22 fridolin joined #koha
05:22 fridolin hi
05:41 calire joined #koha
06:10 laurence joined #koha
06:21 laurence joined #koha
06:27 marcelr joined #koha
06:27 marcelr hi #koha
06:30 magnuse joined #koha
06:33 magnuse \o/
06:38 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:45 reiveune joined #koha
06:45 reiveune hello
06:47 alex_a joined #koha
06:48 alex_a bonjour
06:54 andreashm joined #koha
06:58 magnuse AndrewIsh, ashimema: what's your thoughts on ill and 19.05? do you have stuff you would like to get in, that could do with a signoff?
07:03 paxed oh nice, so if you use authorised values as field values (to let catalogers pick from a list), the xslt code replaces those with the auth val descriptions instead of passing the value to xsl.
07:04 paxed except for 942n. and auth values don't support i18n afaict
07:04 * paxed grumbles
07:04 paxed s/xslt code/xslt perl code/
07:06 paul_p joined #koha
07:10 AndrewIsh magnuse:  I've got a small ILL migrations patch that could do with going in Bug 22121
07:10 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22121 minor, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Passed QA , Display 'Price paid' on ILL requests according to CurrencyFormat pref
07:10 AndrewIsh Nope, that's not the one!
07:10 AndrewIsh One moment
07:11 AndrewIsh magnuse:  Bug 22614 - I could do with this one getting into 19.05 :)
07:11 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22614 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Needs Signoff , Request migration from one backend to another should not create new request
07:24 magnuse i'll see what i can do
08:02 andreashm joined #koha
08:05 paxed is there a guide on how to update and whatnot the dbix schema after you've modified the db?
08:06 ashimema there's a script
08:06 paxed misc/devel/
08:06 ashimema that's the one
08:06 paxed but that seems like you update the dbix schema in the source tree, how do you update already installed koha?
08:07 ashimema erm.. now that's a whole different kettle of fish
08:07 ashimema depends how you've installed it
08:07 paxed with all the default values. (it's my testing environment)
08:08 ashimema afraid I'm not sure I follow
08:09 paxed by running the command-line install script and just pressing enter, so all the values are default.
08:09 cait joined #koha
08:10 paxed or rather, (echo -n "") | perl Makefile.PL  and  make  and  make install
08:12 magnuse joined #koha
08:16 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:35 greenjimll joined #koha
09:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D9 build #60: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D9/60/
09:30 alex_a joined #koha
09:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #55: UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/55/
09:36 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_D8 build #58: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.11_D8/58/
09:53 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:09 alex_a joined #koha
10:11 * cait waves
10:12 ashimema hi
10:12 wahanui que tal, ashimema
10:16 ashimema @later tell kidclamp I've done a second round of qa on bug 22318 as requested.. go for it mate.. lets see the feature in and then refined further with rapid followups (pretty please oleonard)
10:16 huginn` ashimema: The operation succeeded.
10:22 cait ashimema: that is a nice one :)
10:22 ashimema I like it
10:22 ashimema lots can be done to refine and polish it
10:23 ashimema but Im a fan of doing these things in lots of baby steps these days.. makes it much easier to SO and QA them when there's a nice clear single change going in at a time
10:24 * ashimema now wants two lines of bugs built from one.. one to clean up the feature a little.. renaming 'new' to 'content blocks' or something and one to add a digram of where the blocks are.. and another line of bugs that ports each relevent pref into it.
10:24 ashimema they should all take a really similar form.. so could probably be an Academy project..
10:24 ashimema or a bug squashing week project
10:24 cait ashimema: learned your lesson ;)
10:25 ashimema I've been a fan of baby steps for ages
10:25 cait maybe news & content?
10:25 ashimema problem is.. not everything can be made that small
10:25 cait true
10:25 ashimema news and content works for me
10:25 cait i think keeping the news in it would make transition a little easier
10:25 ashimema this does in effect turn all content blocks into possible news area's after all
10:25 ashimema as I believe all the 'count' functionality remains intact
10:26 ashimema so you can have multiple news items stacked in the OpacNavRight for example now
10:27 ashimema no-one taken the bite on bug 22600 still :(
10:27 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22600 blocker, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , We should add an 'interface' field to accountlines
10:28 cait there is lots to take on right now
10:28 cait worries me a bit so close to the deadline
10:28 ashimema mmm
10:28 ashimema it looks big but in reality isn't that scary
10:28 cait i am going to sent a qa email later, ideas welcome
10:28 cait quite a few patches of mine are stuck too
10:28 cait annoyingly the web installer update for 18.11 too
10:29 cait and we almost got 19.05 :(
10:29 ashimema mm
10:29 cait i've done a bit of inventory the last few days
10:29 cait bug 21545
10:29 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21545 enhancement, P5 - low, 18.11, katrin.fischer, Needs Signoff , Update German web Installer for 18.11
10:29 cait just a few trnaslations
10:29 ashimema we don't have freeze dates yet do we
10:29 cait kidclamp said he would sent an email last meeting
10:44 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
10:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.11_U18 build #56: FIXED in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.11_U18/56/
10:47 ashimema seems we have more random failures in jenkins again at the moment
10:47 ashimema grr
10:47 marcelr ashimema: does the bug 22318 kind of makes the cms bug unneeded ?
10:47 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22318 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Extend Koha news feature to include other content areas
10:48 marcelr bug 15326
10:48 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15326 new feature, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Patch doesn't apply , Add CMS feature
10:49 ashimema I need to read into what the CMS bug does.. if it allows adding arbitrary pages then no, it's not a dupe and deserves its own bug
10:49 ashimema I was going to come back around to it bug haven't got there yet
10:49 marcelr or feature
10:49 ashimema Yeah, feature really
10:50 ashimema I think we do need it.. does it not replace the old wiki guided adding of pages stuff.. not looked at the code yet
10:50 chris joined #koha
10:51 marcelr ok hopefully they rebase it soon
10:52 ashimema ah, shame it doesn't apply again already
10:52 ashimema koha's moving fast at the minute
10:53 cait marcelr: the cms feature adds navigation
10:53 cait and new pages
10:53 marcelr ok
10:54 cait so a different focus and i think would still be great to have it
10:54 cait at the moment just getting a help page in requires quite a bit of hackery
10:54 ashimema it's "blocks vs pages"
10:54 ashimema both have their place
10:55 marcelr yeah moving the block outside prefs is good
10:55 cait sorry, just read back fully - so what ashimema said :)
10:55 cait and yep, i want to kill the old guidelines for cms from manual etc once it's in
10:55 ashimema :)
11:02 chris2 joined #koha
11:06 * ashimema take on rescuing bug 15326 with a rebase
11:06 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15326 new feature, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Patch doesn't apply , Add CMS feature
11:07 cait not sure if it will get in conflict with Owen#s work... probably?
11:09 ashimema the rebase isn't too hard
11:09 ashimema if it conflicts we can sort that out as a separate issue I think
11:15 magnuse joined #koha
11:17 ashimema back to applies
11:18 marcelr ashimema++
11:18 cait ashimema++
11:20 ashimema it wasn't too bad a rebase.. seen a few like it recently ;)
11:26 beta joined #koha
11:26 beta Hello guys
11:26 beta I have koha 18.11 installed and I am setuping google auth
11:26 beta it works fine with registered users
11:26 beta but I want to allow it to register new users also
11:26 beta and I get this error
11:27 beta Can't use string ("firstname") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/ line 69.
11:31 cait I am sorry, i havn't used this feature yet
11:31 vfernandes joined #koha
11:33 chris joined #koha
11:33 cait josef_moravec: hi josef_moravec - did I remember correctly that you wanted an api vote for next meeting?
11:33 cait just updating the agenda
11:39 ashimema ohh..
11:40 ashimema I did run the meetings script after the last meeting didn't I
11:40 ashimema I've lost track
11:40 ashimema are we missing any meetings from the wiki/calendar?
11:43 oleonard joined #koha
11:43 oleonard Hi #koha
11:47 cait good mornig oleonard :)
11:47 cait i think you said you did after the general
11:47 cait next i have is dev meeting on wednesday
11:51 ashimema ta
11:52 chris joined #koha
11:56 oleonard I haven't looked at the code, but I can say that I don't think Bug 15326 conflicts philosophically with my new/content block patch
11:56 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15326 new feature, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Signed Off , Add CMS feature
11:56 oleonard CMSes usually have a division between pages and blocks/widgets
12:07 cait ashimema++ :)
12:08 ashimema indeed :)
12:08 ashimema you didn't fancy giving bug 15326 a once over did you oleonard?
12:08 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15326 new feature, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Signed Off , Add CMS feature
12:09 ashimema I reckon it's probably another one where it's the first step of a bigger picture
12:09 chris joined #koha
12:10 oleonard ashimema: Yes I'd like to test it
12:10 ashimema awesome
12:11 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:22 chris2 joined #koha
12:30 wizzycray joined #koha
12:32 oleonard Hi wizzycray
12:42 oleonard Just Googled something about Perl and Koha is on the first page. A sign that Google knows me even in a private window or a sign that Koha is a Perl powerhouse?
12:43 cait i am sure it's the latter ;)
12:44 marcelr oleonard: dont think about other options ;)
12:45 oleonard marcelr: Agreed
12:45 kidclamp joined #koha
12:45 oleonard Hi kidclamp
12:45 kidclamp hi all!
12:45 marcelr hi kidclamp
12:47 beta guys
12:47 beta [13:26] <beta> Can't use string ("firstname") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/ line 69.
12:47 beta can somebody help me with this
12:47 oleonard Tell us more beta
12:47 beta Google works if patron is registered manaully previously
12:47 beta but if I want account to be automatically created
12:47 beta then it doesnt work
12:47 beta it shows this error
12:48 beta I configured openid -google auth to register also person as patron in right category and branch
12:48 beta if its not registered before
12:49 ashimema sounds like a bug.. I'd report it on bugzilla
12:49 ashimema as for the fix.. I can't help really.. not an area I've visited recently
12:50 beta I see
12:51 beta can somebody report it
12:51 beta or I have to report just give me link
12:51 oleonard https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?product=Koha
13:02 cait oleonard++ thx :)
13:20 caroline_catlady joined #koha
13:20 caroline_catlady Good morning everyone!
13:20 oleonard Hi caroline_catlady
13:32 magnuse good afternoon caroline_catlady
13:33 * cait waves
13:34 ashimema josef_moravec++ thanks for SO :)
13:34 * ashimema motivatin restored
13:38 oleonard josef_moravec++ # Thanks for Bug 22656
13:38 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22656 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, josef.moravec, Needs Signoff , Report charts broken after bug 22023
13:39 oleonard (now signed off)
13:41 oleonard ashimema++ # Thanks for giving Bug 22318 more attention!
13:41 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22318 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Extend Koha news feature to include other content areas
13:42 * magnuse has not forgotten bug 21545, but had hardware problems today
13:42 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21545 enhancement, P5 - low, 18.11, katrin.fischer, Needs Signoff , Update German web Installer for 18.11
13:42 cait joined #koha
13:43 cait oleonard: can you take another look at bug 22654? not sure which one you signed off
13:43 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22654 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, RESOLVED INVALID, SPAM
13:43 cait hm
13:44 cait interesting
13:44 cait looks like i got the wrong bug number in the subject
13:45 oleonard josef_moravec is cleaning up all kinds of messes for me today
13:46 cait i just fixed the bug number in te patch - actually it's 22645
13:48 cait printers--
13:52 oleonard printers--
13:52 oleonard I will always pile on for that
13:54 cait mine just stopped working... and he is just refusing to remember how to connect to the wifi
13:57 deb-CSPL joined #koha
14:07 andreash_ joined #koha
14:16 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:20 wizzyrea hallo
14:21 caroline_catlady hi wizzyrea!
14:21 wizzyrea how we goin today
14:22 caroline_catlady it's monday
14:22 caroline_catlady and it's raining and cold, that pretty much sums up my day so far ;)
14:26 caroline_catlady For a system that doesn't have crons (local install on my computer), what am I supposed to do for merged authorities to be updated in biblio records (other than rebuild_zebra)?
14:27 caroline_catlady I created two authorities and two biblios (each using a different authority); merged the two authorities; rebuilt indexes; the biblios still show the two different authorities
14:29 caroline_catlady my AuthorityMergeLimit, is set to 50; I even tried to run merge_authorities, without success
14:31 calire left #koha
14:31 wizzyrea hmm
14:32 wizzyrea you did perl -v -b
14:32 wizzyrea ?
14:32 wizzyrea from a user that has rights to do that?
14:32 caroline_catlady yes
14:32 wizzyrea on dev box it would be in kshell, which is basically sudo koha-shell kohadev (which is what it would be on a plain gitified install
14:33 caroline_catlady it's on my computer, so I just did ./misc/cronjobs/ -b -v
14:33 wizzyrea did it give any output at all?
14:34 caroline_catlady Started merging
14:34 caroline_catlady Done in 0.13120698928833 seconds
14:34 caroline_catlady oh I see that I didn't rebuild zebra AFTER that
14:34 caroline_catlady let me try
14:34 wizzyrea is the koha-indexer running?
14:35 wizzyrea i.e. things are getting updated?
14:35 wizzyrea automatically
14:35 caroline_catlady No I have to do everything manually on this install
14:35 wizzyrea ahh
14:35 wizzyrea that may be why you don't see them
14:35 wizzyrea yeah reindexing after running that may help
14:35 wizzyrea probably you don't need a full index though
14:35 caroline_catlady nope still showing two different RLIN
14:39 caroline_catlady I don't have tons of records in this database (I actually only have the two biblios and the (now) one authority record)
14:39 wizzyrea where is it showing the two?
14:39 wizzyrea in the search results?
14:39 caroline_catlady colleague sent me this to cheer me up :D https://external-preview.redd.[…]dde397eb0024a1540
14:39 wizzyrea awwww
14:40 oleonard :D
14:41 cait lol
14:41 caroline_catlady well, it was an empty database when I started and when I reindex it says I have only two
14:47 fridolin left #koha
14:49 caroline_catlady btw, just tried it in master and it works (without even running the merge_authorities script)
14:50 wizzyrea which bug are you testing?
14:50 caroline_catlady somthing from a client. they are complaining about a bunch of things in the authorities module
14:52 wizzyrea ohh
14:52 wizzyrea what version are they?
14:52 caroline_catlady I'm just at the stage where I'm trying to reproduce what they're telling me
14:52 caroline_catlady They are using 18.05
14:53 AndrewIsh joined #koha
15:04 alex_a joined #koha
15:06 oleonard I left a patch alone too long and now I can't remember what it's missing...
15:07 oleonard ...maybe I just hadn't tested it completely...
15:08 alex_a_ joined #koha
15:08 wizzyrea hehe I hate it when that happens
15:13 wizzyrea tfw you're testing a bug and you have to keep doing the same thing over and over and over and keep track of which step you are on
15:17 corilynn joined #koha
15:19 andreashm joined #koha
15:21 reiveune bye
15:21 reiveune left #koha
15:22 alex_a_ à demain
15:22 alex_a_ oops
15:22 alex_a_ bye*
15:22 alex_a_ :)
15:23 wizzyrea byee
15:24 wizzyrea https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14723 for this, do we think we only care *if* something can be stored, but the fact that nothing is really currently is fine?
15:24 huginn` Bug 14723: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Needs Signoff , Additional delivery notes to messages
15:25 wizzyrea oh never mind reading.
15:25 wizzyrea duh
15:25 wizzyrea ok I've sorted myself out
15:34 laurence left #koha
15:37 * oleonard whispers Bug 21943...
15:37 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21943 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Clean up holds template
15:37 * wizzyrea whispers I see you
15:38 * oleonard whispers, I didn't see you just signed off Bug 3766 or I wouldn't have been so pushy
15:38 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3766 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Cities/Towns and Road Types only on one address
15:38 wizzyrea ^.^
15:38 wizzyrea I don't mind
15:38 oleonard wizzyrea++
15:38 wizzyrea I like it when people are like
15:38 wizzyrea "Hey, there's a thing, you should test it"
15:38 wizzyrea it's kinda like, my gig now :P
15:39 wizzyrea otherwise I just work my way down the list with no particular sense of priority
15:39 wizzyrea other than "that one is screaming red you should look at that first"
15:40 oleonard I should name my branches in a way that differentiates between "this is unfinished" and "you got stuck"
15:41 wizzyrea i have ones that are "WIP" and ones that are "QA" and ones that are like, desperation named like "WTF"
15:42 wizzyrea WIP work in progress, if that wasn't clear :P
15:42 wizzyrea bug12345-wtf
15:42 wizzyrea kek
15:43 oleonard Good call
15:43 wizzyrea ^ branch name, not a real "wtf"
15:45 caroline_catlady you can rename branches?
15:45 wizzyrea sure, just check out a new branch where you are with the new name
15:45 wizzyrea example, current branch bug12345-wip
15:45 wizzyrea git checkout -b bug12345-wtf
15:46 wizzyrea git branch -D bug12345-wip
15:46 wizzyrea also
15:46 caroline_catlady ok so it's not really renaming, it's just creating a new one
15:46 wizzyrea right
15:46 wizzyrea
15:46 caroline_catlady -D is for delete?
15:46 wizzyrea that's right
15:46 wizzyrea ^ that site for getting you out of all of your git stickies
15:47 caroline_catlady nice!
15:47 * caroline_catlady bookmarks
15:48 wizzyrea also the gal that runs that is SUPER nice
15:48 oleonard Oh no, Bug 15326 uses YUI grids and LESS in the OPAC! The perils of endless rebasing...
15:48 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15326 new feature, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Signed Off , Add CMS feature
15:48 wizzyrea oh gol dern
15:49 wizzyrea poor aleisha
15:49 oleonard I'm going to try a follow-up
15:49 wizzyrea oleonard++
15:50 cait joined #koha
15:51 wizzyrea caroline_catlady, the git "rename a branch is basically make a new one and delete the old one" is a similar theory to how on the command linke in *nix, you mv a file to rename it
15:51 wizzyrea (move)
15:52 wizzyrea move this reference thing from here to there and ditch the old one
15:52 wizzyrea just it's not quite as automagic
15:53 wizzyrea oleonard, on your holds template cleanup
15:53 wizzyrea did you mean to fix the thing where the table hangs outside its boundaries on certain screen sizes/
15:53 wizzyrea if you didn't mean to fix that I won't worry about it
15:53 oleonard No the patch doesn't try to address that
15:53 wizzyrea also there's no padding on the right side
15:54 wizzyrea but I'm not fussy about it
15:54 oleonard I'd have to take another look to understand what you mean by that
15:54 wizzyrea just noting it.
15:54 andreashm joined #koha
15:54 wizzyrea when you get rigt up to the table before it hangs out
15:55 wizzyrea there is no padding around the table on the right side
15:55 wizzyrea 1s screenshot
15:56 wizzyrea
15:56 wizzyrea the blue box snuggles right up to the table
15:57 oleonard Okay, yeah, that issue exists without the patch too
15:57 wizzyrea yeah like I said
15:58 wizzyrea it's one if it were going to be fixed it'd be fixed along with fixing the table overhang
15:58 wizzyrea cool I won't worry about those things
15:58 wizzyrea I just didn't know how much perfection to expect from the cleanup :)
15:59 oleonard Thanks for asking... the Bootstrap grid patches lay the groundwork, but lots more work is necessary
16:00 wizzyrea \o/ looks good to me
16:04 oleonard wizzyrea++ # AGAIN
16:04 wizzyrea you fix em and I'll check em :)
16:11 vfernandes when one record is linked to another records using fields 4XX in UNIMARC, when we update the record the modification spreads to the linked records?
16:17 caroline_catlady I've never worked with UNIMARC, but yes, it's supposed to
16:17 caroline_catlady oh wait, is 4XX for subjects?
16:18 wizzyrea pass I dno't know unimarc
16:18 caroline_catlady (sorry, i'm working on authorities, I thought that's what you were talking about)
16:23 vfernandes UNIMARC 4XX fields are like MARC21 76X-78X fields -[…]hic/bd76x78x.html
16:24 caroline_catlady so you,re wondering if for example the title is changed in record A, then record B which contains the title of record A will be updated?
16:25 caroline_catlady I don't think so
16:27 cait joined #koha
16:28 vfernandes caroline_catlady: yes, that's it
16:29 caroline_catlady vfernandes, you'd have to try it, but I'm pretty sure it will not update
16:30 vfernandes no, the record don't update... I tought that was done by one cronjob
16:31 vfernandes btw, it's possible to add notes to one checkout?
16:34 caroline_catlady It depends on what you need it for, but there is a system preference called  AllowCheckoutNotes
16:34 caroline_catlady it allows patrons to add notes about checkouts in the OPAC
16:40 vfernandes i want to allow librarians to add specific notes when doing the checkout of one item... for example: add the note "conditional loan" to the checkout of an item not for loan
16:51 caroline_catlady vfernandes: I just tried it, and checkout notes are not available for staff... I think one way you could do that right now is with messages, but they are linked to a user and not a specific checkout
16:52 caroline_catlady You'd have to specify to which checkout the message applies
17:07 cait you can also do git branch -m oldname newname
17:07 cait oops, forgot to scrool down
17:08 cait caroline_catlady: wizzyrea: you can rename see above
17:08 cait i always typo... so I need it often
17:09 caroline_catlady cool!
17:30 andreashm joined #koha
17:39 oleonard cait: The HTML editor in news behaves differently than the one in system preferences? Do you mean when  UseWYSIWYGinSystemPreferences is off?
17:40 cait yes, i never use it because i hate it
17:40 cait i think it's probably the same, but if you don't work with the visual editor it's a pain
17:40 oleonard I see, so you'd prefer to have a UseWYSIWYGinKohaNews preference as well
17:40 cait then you can only have it on or off
17:41 cait i was wondering if we could make it so we have an option to turn off the ditor by click
17:41 cait and have our own nice html editor instead
17:41 cait wishful thinking
17:41 cait and a save and continue also came tomind :)
17:41 cait at the moment i often have one tab with the admin editor and one with the opac and switch between them
17:42 cait the new way would add lots of clicks if you work with html, which you need if you want to use classed etc
17:42 cait classes
17:43 cait i think moving into the news system is the right idea
17:43 cait but the usability is very bad if you are used to work with html - it's a regression there
17:43 cait so thinking about how we can fix that
17:44 cait i don't want to turn off the wysiwyg editor totally... because the libraries like it for the news
17:45 cait right now you fix the typo... and hit save
17:45 cait with hte patch: find the correct entry, click edit, click html, click update, click save.
17:46 oleonard It looks to me like the TinyMCE licensing has gotten muddied
17:46 oleonard "Contributed code will be licensed under the LGPL license but not limited to LGPL"
17:46 oleonard "Copyright notices will be changed to Ephox Corporation"
17:47 oleonard (I don't know what it was like before)
17:47 cait that doesn't read nice
17:47 cait corporation never does
17:47 oleonard "All contributors will have to have signed the Contributor License Agreement"
17:47 cait :(
17:47 cait were you looking if it could be updated?
17:48 oleonard Yes
17:48 oleonard I can't even tell what version we use
17:48 cait i think it has translation issues too
17:49 oleonard Oh I see it now... 3.5.8 (2012)
17:50 oleonard "everyone at Tiny remains as committed to its open source future as the day we started" That doesn't sound suspicious AT ALL
17:51 cait yeah
17:53 ashimema Oh dear
17:54 oleonard But I guess if their "community" version is still LGPL like the one we use, nothing has changed
17:54 ashimema Anything that markets itself a freemium worries me
17:55 cait http://bootstrap-wysiwyg.githu[…]otstrap3-wysiwyg/ (MIT)
17:56 oleonard Last updated 4 years ago :(
17:56 cait ok
17:56 cait not good
17:57 oleonard Ha, "deprecated in favor of this version:" ...last updated 3 years ago :(
17:57 cait not much better
17:58 ashimema Contenttools looks like an interesting alternative
17:59 ashimema
18:03 cait replacing might be a bigger job - could we imagine a way around using the editor for now?
18:04 cait I'll file a 'save and continue' bug as a first step, that woudl take a way looking for the entry again in the list
18:05 oleonard cait: I'm not suggesting we have to get something new to fulfill your requests. I don't know yet.
18:05 cait i didn't mean to block it by my comments, it's just something that I think we should really look into
18:06 cait improve usability for people used to html
18:06 ashimema +1
18:07 cait bug 22659
18:07 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22659 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Add 'save and continue' functionality to news editor
18:08 cait would it be helpful to file another for improving html editing in the news editor?
18:08 cait keeping it general for now?
18:09 oleonard Sure
18:12 ashimema Go for ut
18:12 ashimema It
18:14 cait bug 22660
18:14 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22660 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Improve usability when editing HTML with the news editor
18:17 cait just checked - the editor doesn't  translate too
18:17 cait old old old problem
18:17 cait i was just wondering now
18:17 cait i'll file that as a bug
18:19 cait bug 22661
18:19 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22661 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , TinyMCE/WYSIWYG editor doesn't translate
18:26 * cait better stops now
18:29 wizzyrea it makes me a bit happy to see people excited about filing bugs to improve things
18:31 cait :) thx
18:31 * cait was feeling a bit bad
18:35 wizzyrea idk why, making things better is fun :)
18:36 oleonard Yeah it is
18:36 wizzyrea cait would you have a look at bug 22541
18:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22541 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Invoice adjustments should show invoice number and include link on and
18:36 wizzyrea please and thank you?
18:37 wizzyrea I think I've gotten the right one signed off, I retested it with kidclamp's latest patch
18:38 cait oleonard: i hope i didn't upset you - we have been talking for years about moving those prefs into the news editor and i am glad it's fnally happening
18:38 oleonard No not at all!
18:38 wizzyrea I am happy about that too
18:38 oleonard (have we been talking about it for years ??)
18:39 cait i think so
18:39 cait i feel the idea came up again and again... but nothing ever happeend
18:39 wizzyrea doing "something" for those areas has been discussed for ages
18:40 oleonard I was very proud of coming up with the idea myself recently, so please don't tell me I subliminally received it from somewhere else :D
18:40 cait argh, i am making it worse and worse... right?
18:41 oleonard Alternatively... Tell me it's like the time two different geniuses came up with calculus
18:41 * cait hides away and tries to break someone elses bugs
18:41 cait totally!
18:46 wizzyrea it's like the time two different geniuses came up with calculus at the same time
18:46 cait Bug 22663        - Improve usability of 'display location' pull down in news editor
18:46 cait yes, that!
18:47 cait btw... woudl someone be opposed to make the basket name clickable instead of the basket number in the order search?
18:47 cait they are so hard to hit with the mouse
18:49 cait bug 22664
18:49 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22664 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW , Link basket name and basket group name instead of just the number in order search results
18:49 wizzyrea oh holy hell
18:49 wizzyrea yes
18:50 wizzyrea lol
18:50 cait I am on a roll heh
18:50 oleonard[…]1ff3f33062189.jpg
18:50 wizzyrea hehe yes we should completely do what you think there
18:50 wizzyrea LOOOL
18:50 cait rofl
18:50 cait do we know who the other guys were?
18:51 cait ok... another crazy idea... could we make the advanced search easier to get to? (also acq)
18:51 wizzyrea how so?
18:51 cait right now you need to click order search and then advanced search and it's often missed
18:52 cait i am not sure about that one yet
18:52 wizzyrea what about putting it in the search drop down at the top
18:52 cait i was thinking maybe left navigation
18:52 wizzyrea maybe a pop out for all of the different acqui searches
18:52 cait hm?
18:52 wizzyrea drop down -> acqui -> vendor search/order search/invoice search
18:52 wizzyrea you know in the top nav
18:52 wizzyrea there's the little arrow next to search
18:53 wizzyrea to take you to either the advanced book search, or the item search
18:53 cait it might fill up soon
18:53 wizzyrea I think that was one I talked with Aleisha about
18:54 wizzyrea we posited it could be a place for quick links to all of the things
18:54 wizzyrea but only implemented those two :)
18:54 wizzyrea all of the searches
18:54 cait ah independent of module?
18:54 wizzyrea yep
18:54 wizzyrea especially modules like serials and acq who don't have links directly to their searches in the header outside of their modules
18:55 wizzyrea syspref search too, for librarians with permission
18:55 cait hm yeah
18:56 wizzyrea anyway think about it :)
18:56 cait I'll ifle  bug for further discussion
18:56 cait what's one more ;)
18:56 wizzyrea that's the spirit
18:58 cait bug 22665
18:58 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22665 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Improve access to advanced search in aquisitions
19:06 wizzyrea there you go cait <3
19:06 cait wizzyrea: you stole my bug :)
19:07 wizzyrea well I can't have *only* signoffs :P
19:07 cait i had it assigned to me and about to git bz attach
19:07 wizzyrea oh no!
19:07 wizzyrea lol
19:07 cait but i forgot to change to assigned... lol
19:07 wizzyrea i sorry
19:07 cait i will sign off yours heh
19:08 cait there is some whitespace that looks a bit strange
19:09 wizzyrea I just noticed that
19:09 cait add&booksellerid    =
19:09 cait do you want to fix?
19:09 wizzyrea sure
19:09 cait might be an editor thing
19:09 wizzyrea i'm not sure how that happened actually I copy/pasted
19:09 wizzyrea oh well
19:11 wizzyrea there we go
19:12 cait on it
19:13 cait done
19:13 wizzyrea yussss
19:15 ashimema Go team
19:15 ashimema Loving this tonight
19:51 cait hm another idea...
19:51 wahanui rumour has it another idea is a list where libraries could ask for development bids from vendors
19:51 cait the select2 thing we use on the edit item form
19:51 cait would that be nice for the cities/towns pull down?
19:51 cait we are not using it, but I assume it gets quite long eventualy?
19:52 wizzyrea could get long ya
19:54 cait bug 22668
19:54 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22668 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Use select2 styled pull down for cities/town pull down in patron account
19:59 cait hm oleonard-away is away
20:24 oleonard Heh...
20:25 oleonard Me earlier: "I left a patch alone too long and now I can't remember what it's missing..."
20:25 oleonard cait just now: "You forgot road types on bug 3766"
20:25 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3766 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Cities/Towns and Road types only on one address
20:25 oleonard That was it :)
20:25 cait lol
20:26 cait glad to help :)
20:28 ashimema Lol
20:40 oleonard Bye all!
21:05 magnuse wizzyrea++ cait++ ashimema++ oleonard++
21:15 wizzyrea whoa
21:16 wizzyrea can someone else confirm, when receiving an item in acq, that clicking "edit" opens and then immediately closes a tab?
21:19 wizzyrea and one can't edit the item :(
21:23 cait which acqcreateitem setting?
21:23 cait i can give it a go
21:23 cait also got a question for you wizzyrea - did you test bug 22642 on master?
21:23 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22642 major, P1 - high, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , DB upgrade can fail
21:23 cait it's marked 18.11 but i think probably that's not quite right?
21:24 wizzyrea hm yes
21:24 cait on receive?
21:24 wizzyrea oh that's odd I can take that one back
21:24 wizzyrea and try again
21:24 wizzyrea yeah on receiv
21:24 wizzyrea receive
21:25 wizzyrea it was on the default one sec I'll be specific
21:25 wizzyrea when placing an order
21:25 wizzyrea was what it was set on
21:25 cait hm ok, i picked on receive for this one, will try that next
21:26 cait eek
21:26 cait you are correct
21:26 cait can you file a bad bug please?
21:26 wizzyrea yep sure
21:26 cait happens when the item is created on order and you want to edit it on receive
21:26 wizzyrea I don't like to file those kind of things til I know it happens to other people too
21:27 wizzyrea >.>
21:27 cait yeah i know
21:27 cait why the change on bug 22642?
21:28 wizzyrea because I think I must have tested wrong
21:28 wizzyrea so gonna do it over again tomorrow I think
21:28 cait hm ok
21:28 cait let me know
21:28 cait was just thinking maybe maser and then backport, assuming the statement is probably the same everywhere
21:29 wizzyrea I may be undoing what I just did tomorrow :)
21:29 cait np :)
21:29 wizzyrea but kinda done for today I think
21:29 wizzyrea kiddo home now and Mr home soon
21:29 wizzyrea so
21:29 cait trying to build up courage to tackle some of the bigger bugs
21:29 wizzyrea yeah same
21:29 wizzyrea if you have some you'd like me to look at
21:29 wizzyrea basically I just go down the list
21:30 wizzyrea (though I don't have ES so
21:30 wizzyrea (yet) those will take some time bc I don't have the setup)
21:30 cait I can get ES working most of the time
21:30 cait are you using kohadevbox?
21:30 wizzyrea well I am going to try the docker one
21:30 wizzyrea for ES
21:30 wizzyrea I can't seem to get it to run in either environment, feeling a bit cursed.
21:30 cait i am using the kohadevbox with it so far - only turn it on and do a reindex is all it needs most of the time
21:31 cait yeah i often had issues too, probably if i try now it won't work
21:41 cait have a nice evening
22:01 andreashm joined #koha
22:02 cait good evening andreashm
22:02 cait still working odd hours? :)
23:05 kathryn joined #koha
23:16 caroline_catlady bye all!
23:23 papa joined #koha
23:26 cait @later tell ashimema catch me if you can ;)
23:26 huginn` cait: The operation succeeded.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary