IRC log for #koha, 2019-01-16

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:26 lukeg joined #koha
00:28 aleisha_ joined #koha
01:06 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
05:07 deb-CSPL joined #koha
05:34 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
05:36 rhamby joined #koha
06:25 chris joined #koha
06:31 davidnind joined #koha
06:35 cait joined #koha
07:11 calire joined #koha
07:17 magnuse joined #koha
07:19 andreashm joined #koha
07:26 magnuse kia ora andreashm and #koha
07:28 davidnind If the status of a bug is currently  'Needs Signoff' and the patch doesn't work, what do I change the status to when I add my comments?
07:28 calire davidnind failed QA
07:28 calire or does not apply
07:28 calire if it doesn't apply...
07:30 davidnind thanks calire!
07:31 davidnind in this case it does apply, but it doesn't do what it is supposed to do - I thought failed QA was for the QA team...
07:31 calire so did I, but I was told to use it if it doesn't work
07:31 calire I still find it scary
07:31 calire :)
07:32 calire worst case teh developer will check and change it back to needs signoff
07:32 laurence joined #koha
07:33 calire there is no 'failed sign off' option and if it doesn't work then it wouldn't pass QA, I guess that would be my logic
07:33 laurence left #koha
07:35 davidnind your logic makes sense! (feeling a bit mean for failing something, but I guess it is all part of learning and the benefit of someone else looking at things!)
07:35 calire I feel mean too
07:36 calire Maybe we could get it clarified
07:37 davidnind it's probably in the developer guide - I haven't looked though! :-D
07:38 reiveune joined #koha
07:39 reiveune hello
07:40 sophie_m joined #koha
07:42 davidnind It's covered here on the wiki https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]nt-patch_Workflow
07:42 davidnind Makes better sense now!
07:43 alex_a joined #koha
07:43 calire ah cool! I was looking and hadn't found that page yet :D
07:44 davidnind too much documentation! :)
07:48 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:01 fridolin joined #koha
08:04 ashimema Anyone can fail QA, only QA team can pass it
08:04 cait joined #koha
08:05 ashimema Little known thing, QA team can on occasion skip signoff if the patch is sufficiently simple and unlikely to case debate too. 😉
08:06 fridolin hi
08:06 ashimema S/case/cause/
08:06 ashimema Morning fridolins.
08:07 fridolin morning ;)
08:07 ashimema Oh pants.. I forgot to send the string freeze email last night.. better wrattle one off now
08:07 fridolin i'm on no_coffee_yet error ;)
08:08 cait ashimema: should be an exception tho
08:08 cait btw... i really need help with those open source academy patches
08:08 cait those kids are crazy fast.
08:12 davidnind working through things that need sign-off from today (I've only done 1 of 7 so far though...)
08:13 ashimema Done
08:14 ashimema I'm on that this morning Cait.. devoting the morning to it before going back to work woke stuff 😆
08:14 ashimema School run first though.. looks minging out there
08:14 cait ashimema: hm no strings to translate yet
08:14 cait ashimema++ thx
08:14 cait i have a list if you need it
08:14 cait super foggy here right now
08:19 andreashm joined #koha
08:22 matts hi
08:22 wahanui hi, matts
08:22 calire hi matts
08:23 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:23 kohaputti joined #koha
08:24 paul_p joined #koha
08:27 greenjimll joined #koha
08:55 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:55 IndigoRed joined #koha
08:57 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #137: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_17.11_D8/137/
09:44 kohaputti joined #koha
10:15 paul_p_ joined #koha
10:27 kohaputti joined #koha
10:46 eythian hi
10:46 wahanui bonjour, eythian
10:59 kohaputti joined #koha
11:36 josef_moravec ashimema: around?
11:36 ashimema hi
11:36 josef_moravec hi ashimema
11:37 josef_moravec do you know what is the difference between recalls and holds here? bug 19532
11:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19532 new feature, P3, ---, aleisha, ASSIGNED , Recalls for Koha
11:37 ashimema oh.. phone.. brb
11:37 * ashimema will try to multitask if you wanted to ask something go ahead
11:37 josef_moravec ashimema: it could wait ;)
11:57 cait some easy qa? I got some really nice ones!
12:01 ashimema lol.. that bug is a long story
12:01 ashimema will pm you josef
12:01 cait josef_moravec: calire put a new rfc on the wiki a few days ago
12:03 * ashimema was about to dig that out
12:03 josef_moravec
12:10 josef_moravec The use case of this RFC does make sense to me, but I think it should be enhancement of holds funcionality... which is not the case of bug
12:10 josef_moravec bug 19532
12:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19532 new feature, P3, ---, aleisha, ASSIGNED , Recalls for Koha
12:11 josef_moravec And I don't like the old_recalls table ;)
12:15 ashimema right.. sorry..
12:15 ashimema back now.. that call for more invovled than I expected
12:16 ashimema so yeah.. basically the existing bug doesn't really do what the majority of people in the wider world seem to think of as recalls.. bywater, ptfs-e and bsz included at least.
12:16 ashimema so.. bsz have written an RFC to try and cover and explain our use case and then one of us is aiming to write an alternative on an entirely new bug
12:17 ashimema then.. i want to come back to that bug and see how we might achieve their needs atop this new bug
12:17 ashimema that's all a rough outline at this point though.. it's about finding funding and time now really on our side..
12:18 ashimema but the bug as it stands I beleive has really reached a stalemate
12:21 josef_moravec thank you ashimema! I think I would have testers if there will be something new, but yes, looks like it needs to start again with this...
12:25 oleonard joined #koha
12:26 oleonard Hi all
12:45 calire ashimema++
12:51 kidclamp joined #koha
13:35 lukeg joined #koha
13:35 * oleonard offers to donate blood to
13:43 davidnind joined #koha
13:49 oleonard I don't think the patch on Bug 20679 does what the bug asks for, does it cait?
13:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20679 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Remove 'rows per page' from reports print layout
13:50 oleonard davidnind++
13:51 caroline joined #koha
13:55 cait oleonard: you are reading my mind
13:55 cait i was going to ask you to look
13:55 cait I think maybe they didn't know they could jsut do it with css?
13:55 cait could you give some pointers maybe?
13:55 oleonard Sure
13:57 cait oleonard++ # thx for the screenshot :)
13:57 cait probably my fault, i tried to explain which i liked better - they took that more literally
14:01 caroline good morning everyone!
14:01 cait good morning caroline :)
14:08 ashimema next meeting
14:08 ashimema next meeting?
14:08 ashimema meeting?
14:08 ashimema grr.. huggin
14:08 ashimema I'm sure that used to work
14:08 caroline ashimema: in 5 hours
14:08 cait next meetings?
14:08 cait it seems the bot has amnesia
14:09 cait @karma
14:09 huginn cait: Highest karma: "Joubu" (731), "cait" (661), and "tcohen" (383).  Lowest karma: "-" (-48), "failed" (-41), and "ie" (-38).  You (cait) are ranked 2 out of 906.
14:09 cait ok... not completely
14:09 ashimema oh.. my twitter bots keeps piping up that it's in an hour
14:09 cait it's possible, we moved the general one by a week
14:09 caroline :/ In the calendar it's at 2pm here (and it is now 9am)
14:09 calire there are 2 today
14:10 cait wahanui: Next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
14:10 wahanui OK, cait.
14:10 cait wahanui: Next meetings is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
14:10 wahanui OK, cait.
14:10 ashimema[…]iso=20190116T1400
14:10 caroline oh, well there you go! The General is not in the calendar
14:10 ashimema oh.. I had it as 2pm UTC
14:10 cait k, it's now
14:10 cait shoud we have the meeting now?
14:11 caroline why not
14:11 ashimema lol
14:11 ashimema no wonder I was confused
14:11 cait ping kidclamp fridolin
14:11 ashimema feel free.. kidclamp is around.. even if he is hiding
14:11 ashimema ;)
14:11 cait who else coudl we stir up?
14:11 cait heh
14:11 ashimema AndrewIsh
14:11 wahanui well, AndrewIsh is ready and waiting to jump on QA comments :)
14:11 cait #startmeeting General IRC Meeting 16 January 2019
14:11 huginn Meeting started Wed Jan 16 14:11:51 2019 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
14:11 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:11 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting 16 January 2019)
14:11 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_16_january_2019'
14:12 kidclamp huh what?
14:12 kidclamp meeting now?
14:12 cait #topic Introductions
14:12 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting 16 January 2019)
14:12 cait please introduce yourself with #info
14:12 cait it#s the one we postponed last week
14:12 ashimema we forgot the general meeting... again ;)
14:12 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro, Canada
14:12 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_16_January_2019 Agenda
14:12 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:12 kidclamp thanks cait
14:12 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:12 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:12 AndrewIsh #info Andrew Isherwood, PTFS Europe
14:13 ashimema :)
14:13 kellym joined #koha
14:14 cait #chair ashimema
14:14 huginn Current chairs: ashimema cait
14:14 calire #info Claire Gravely, BSZ, Germany
14:14 * fridolin buzy sorry
14:14 fridolin nothing new for RM 17.11
14:16 ashimema shall we move onto announcements
14:16 kidclamp yes
14:16 NateC joined #koha
14:17 ashimema erm.
14:17 ashimema did just go down or is it just me
14:18 cait sorry phone
14:18 kidclamp chair me cait>/
14:19 kidclamp please
14:19 ashimema #topic Announcements
14:19 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting 16 January 2019)
14:19 ashimema #chair kidclamp
14:19 huginn Current chairs: ashimema cait kidclamp
14:19 * ashimema was looking up meetbot commands.. i don't do this often enough
14:19 cait sorry, got a phone call (great news for a change)
14:19 ashimema Nothing to announce from here.. got anything kidclamp?
14:20 ashimema oh..
14:20 ashimema request for speakers is out for kohacon19
14:20 kidclamp ^ that
14:20 cait i got something
14:21 ashimema #link Kohacon19 site is up
14:21 ashimema #info Kohacon19 call for speakers is out
14:22 ashimema go cait
14:23 lukeg joined #koha
14:23 cait oh sorry
14:23 cait there was a bit of a behind the scenes discussion about the KohaCon schedule I think - be aware it's not the usual format
14:23 cait but waht i wanted to say is:
14:23 cait #info Open Source Academy at Catalyst this week
14:23 cait please sign off and qa on the student's patches
14:24 cait they were super busy and have fixed a lot of things, usually easy to look at - I think it would mean a lot to them if we can manage to have one pushed of each at least
14:24 cait 6 students :)
14:25 caroline We have 4 interns that do mandatory community work on friday afternoons. would that be too late?
14:25 cait caroline: don't stop them, but probably a little too late
14:25 lukeg joined #koha
14:25 cait because of the time difference
14:26 cait woudl still be great
14:26 caroline ok, if there are any left, i'll let them know, otherwise, they will just S/O as usual
14:26 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/Catalyst_Academy academy
14:26 cait but ideall we should push them tomorrow (looks at kidclamp)
14:26 * kidclamp will update on my turn :-)
14:27 ashimema shall we move on?
14:27 talljoy joined #koha
14:27 cait yep
14:27 ashimema #topic Update on releases
14:27 cait if you need pointers for the bugs, find me :)
14:27 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting 16 January 2019)
14:28 ashimema lol.. the order in the agenda is funny
14:28 ashimema #info 18.11.x we're all set for 18.11.02 release on 22nd.
14:28 kidclamp JesseM: lukeg
14:28 ashimema #info 18.11.x is currently in string freeze
14:29 ashimema that's all from me..
14:29 ashimema 20 bugfixes.. so it's a little light.. but understandable as it includes a chunk of the post christmas period
14:30 ashimema either that or 18.11.x is remarkably bug free.. hehe :)
14:30 JesseM hi sry im here
14:30 cait i am doing a presentation on it next week
14:30 cait will tell you after ;)
14:30 cait probably the best test to find the most impossible things
14:30 ashimema anything you want to update us on regarding 18.05.x rmaint?
14:30 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto, ByWater
14:31 JesseM Nothing really. Just moving along nicely
14:31 ashimema 23 bugfixes currently in 18.05.x for next remaint release :)
14:31 JesseM Yes. Release is next week
14:32 ashimema #info 18.05.x rmaint going steady, also aiming for next release on 22nd
14:32 ashimema and frido had to duck out.. but it's all a similar story
14:32 ashimema #info 9 bugfixes for 17.11.x.. on target for 22nd.
14:32 ashimema right..
14:32 ashimema cait
14:33 cait yes?
14:33 ashimema your up next on the agenda
14:33 cait ok :)
14:33 ashimema #topic Website
14:33 Topic for #koha is now Website (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting 16 January 2019)
14:33 kidclamp hey, what about me?
14:33 ashimema all yours
14:33 cait oh
14:33 cait thought it was QA :)
14:33 cait Ok, so before christmas I updated the website a bit
14:34 cait on the front page we have
14:34 kidclamp I didn't update on next release
14:34 cait #link
14:34 cait Introducing Koha 18.05 Try it now
14:34 cait so that link is currently broken (oops) but it links to the demo site
14:34 cait and when I looked at the demos... I realized we don't have a lot of 18.11 there
14:34 ashimema oh.. sorry kidclamp
14:35 cait or even 18.05
14:35 cait and from the list you can't tell
14:35 cait i think only 3 out of those have 18.11
14:35 cait tamil, orex and admin kuhn
14:36 * ashimema gets confused between dev and general meeting agenda's.. so was following the wiki closely.. no qa section on that
14:36 cait I was wondering if we shoudl add the version to the listings
14:36 ashimema though I did miss the 'next release' section entirely.. oops
14:36 cait because it might be really confusing for people
14:36 ashimema version on the listings would be good in my opinion
14:37 cait more people have website accounts now, so i think we could keep it updated
14:37 ashimema though.. I don't know how often it wuold get updated
14:37 cait if people let us know when they update
14:37 ashimema :)
14:37 cait wecould also sort the newer versions on top, then alphabetic maybe?
14:37 ashimema +1
14:37 caroline um... trying to look at the page but it's blank... is it because we're all on it at the same time?
14:37 cait I have no perfect solution - but it seems like something we could improve
14:37 cait caroline: the link is strange, add / at the end
14:38 cait or got to the demo page from nav, needs fixing
14:38 caroline ok! works with th / at the end! thx cait!
14:38 ashimema for me is down
14:38 ashimema 500 errors.. with either url
14:38 JesseM Can we add the latest group photo from kohacon2018?
14:39 cait i guess we could
14:39 JesseM :)
14:39 cait maybe woudl be good to get it from the photographer - i am German, always worried about rights :)
14:39 cait doesn't work?
14:39 cait works for me
14:40 ashimema nope.. for me everything 500 errors
14:40 JesseM cait I will email the photo to you
14:40 caroline could you add the / to the link under "try it now" while you're there too?
14:41 cait sorry, can't login right now, not before tonight, maybe one of the others can fix it now?
14:42 cait all rmaints and rm have accoutns at least
14:42 cait but i can volunteer to add the version if that's ok with people
14:42 cait and maybe remove if one is not working at all ?
14:43 cait everyone so quiet
14:43 cait vote? veto? :)
14:44 caroline everything you say makes sense! we have nothing to add :)
14:44 cait just something I wouldn't want to change without proposing it formally first :)
14:45 ashimema understood..
14:45 cait #action cait volunteers to add version column to demo website listing, resort by version, alphabetic, comment non-working
14:46 cait commen out...
14:46 cait move on?
14:47 caroline and the link?
14:47 wahanui the link is, like, strange, add / at the end
14:47 ashimema :)
14:47 cait if it's still broken, i will fix it too :)
14:47 caroline wahanui: exactly! XD
14:47 wahanui caroline: sorry...
14:47 ashimema kidclamp want to step in and update us about 19.05 progress
14:47 ashimema sorry for missing you first time around
14:48 kidclamp heh - things are going well so far, catching some bugs and pushign enw things as I can
14:48 kidclamp accounts work has progressed nicely
14:48 kidclamp thank you all for all the hlep
14:48 ashimema kidclamp++
14:48 kidclamp I am testing Mana currently with an eye toward pushing asap
14:48 ashimema `It includes 30 enhancements, 56 bugfixes.`
14:49 kidclamp if anyone else wants to take a look or has comments please let me know, I really want this in this cycle and early so we can test
14:49 caroline mana++!
14:49 JesseM mana++
14:49 ashimema is there a public mana server out there to test against?
14:49 kidclamp once I verify nothing breaks and feature does what it says I will feel satisfied
14:50 kidclamp
14:50 ashimema :)
14:50 kidclamp all info is on the bug
14:50 ashimema ta
14:50 kidclamp holding off on pushing other things until I work through this
14:50 JesseM bug17047
14:50 kidclamp but will get to acadaemy and bugs asap
14:51 kidclamp bug 17047
14:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17047 new feature, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Passed QA , Mana Knowledge Base : share data
14:51 cait I've been trying to get into ILL patches, will continue asap
14:52 ashimema cait++
14:53 kidclamp that's all for me at the moment
14:53 kidclamp oh, bug 18736
14:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18736 critical, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Problems in order calculations (rounding errors)
14:53 kidclamp I updated this, could use some eyes and opinions
14:56 kidclamp moving on?
14:57 ashimema yeah
14:59 ashimema #topic Kohacon19 Update
14:59 Topic for #koha is now Kohacon19 Update (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting 16 January 2019)
14:59 ashimema we sorta did that i the announcement
14:59 ashimema I don't have anything to add
14:59 caroline yoohoo! Kohacon!
14:59 khall joined #koha
14:59 barton #info Barton Chittenden, Bywater
15:00 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:00 cait I think it would be nice to get regular updates during th emeeting sas we have done in the past
15:00 cait I think the change in format hit us a bit unexpectedly
15:01 caroline what is the new format?
15:02 cait it's not 3-1-3
15:02 cait but somehoe 4+1, but not sure how the hackfest and conf parts split
15:03 ashimema I'm not party to the conversations now
15:03 caroline it says parallel, so conf at the same time as hackfest maybe? and you choose which one you want to go
15:03 cait #link
15:04 ashimema but last I was I 'think' the idea was midday monday -> midday wednesday for conference
15:04 ashimema then midday wednesday -> thursday afternoon workshops
15:04 ashimema then friday being the off day
15:06 calire perhaps we just ask if we can have an update at the next meeting :)
15:06 caroline +1
15:07 cait +1
15:07 ashimema +1
15:07 cait moving on?
15:08 kidclamp +1
15:09 ashimema go for it
15:10 * ashimema has to scarper for school run
15:10 wizzyrea joined #koha
15:11 ashimema being that kohacon is eu this time.. I imagine a preference for working hours uk/ireland if we want them to attent the next meeting.. sorry
15:11 * ashimema runs to car
15:12 calire left #koha
15:12 kidclamp #topic Next meeting
15:12 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting 16 January 2019)
15:13 kidclamp February 13, 19 UTC?
15:13 caroline is that good for uk? a bit late maybe?
15:14 wizzyrea 19's not a terrible hour
15:14 wizzyrea also hi
15:14 caroline ok
15:15 caroline whatever is good with me, I just wanted to make sure, as ashimema said to have a time where dublin ppl can be here
15:16 Margaret joined #koha
15:18 caroline I would suggest 14utc
15:19 kidclamp sorry, was ion another meeting
15:19 kidclamp I think we try to go between 11 and 20 roughyl caroline, alternating
15:19 kidclamp this one is on the earlier so next should be later
15:19 caroline ok no problem!
15:19 kidclamp so NZ can at least think about attending without waking up at ungodly hours
15:21 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 13 February 2019, 19 UTC
15:21 kidclamp #endmeeting
15:21 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:21 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jan 16 15:21:17 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:21 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-16-14.11.html
15:21 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-01-16-14.11.txt
15:21 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]16-14.11.log.html
15:21 kidclamp Ah, i see now carloine
15:21 kidclamp perhaps we can poke them for email update at least
15:21 kidclamp sorry ashimema
15:22 ashimema No worries
15:22 ashimema Sorry, was driving
15:29 Dyrcona joined #koha
15:42 * oleonard would very much have preferred being at this meeting than the one he was at instead
15:48 eythian I have four days of this week with no meetings at all. I'm getting so much done.
15:52 kellym left #koha
16:03 vero joined #koha
16:03 vero users with more loans by type of category, as I generate the report from sql, thank you very much
16:03 oleonard vero did you check this page? https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]L_Reports_Library
16:05 oleonard cait: You do updates to the web site?
16:08 ashimema she can
16:08 ashimema I can too.. if only I can access it.. I still get 500 errors
16:08 ashimema I think there's a load balancer or something out there that doesn't like me
16:08 ashimema wow
16:09 ashimema even going via a vpn.. the front page works.. but other pages still 500
16:09 ashimema odd
16:10 oleonard I would like to send someone a replacement version of that image on the front page. The one which is there is way too big.
16:19 cait oleonard: JesseM suggested using the one from portland
16:19 cait could i forward that to you for optimization before i put it on?
16:19 oleonard Sure
16:25 cait oleonard++
16:33 fridolin left #koha
16:34 cait left #koha
16:41 magnuse gah, missed the meeting
16:41 magnuse i'd like to take the last patch off bug 8437 and create a separate bug for it - are there any rules about doing things like that? apart from keeping the atrribution to the patch author, of course?
16:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8437 critical, P2, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Large database backups and large exports from fail under plack
16:42 oleonard It's the wild west out here magnuse, you make your own rules
16:43 magnuse yeeeehaaaw!
17:01 Ve joined #koha
17:01 Ve Users with more loans, in sql, Thanks
17:02 Ve I can not find it in the report library
17:06 magnuse Ve: what do you mean by "more loans"?
17:07 cait joined #koha
17:10 Ve loans
17:11 Ve cantidad de préstamos de los usuarios
17:23 reiveune bye
17:23 reiveune left #koha
18:03 Margaret joined #koha
18:09 CloverDragon joined #koha
18:22 hh joined #koha
18:23 hh I try to run a report and it comes out in my browser. The connection has been restarted. Is the server problem? Thank you
18:54 Dyrcona joined #koha
18:56 cait meeting in 5
18:57 lukeG joined #koha
18:59 ashimema I've sent my apologies on the agenda but will send them here and now too.. afraid I've just walked into a school meeting.
18:59 cait oops
18:59 ashimema Rmaint update from me would be much the same as the one I gave for the general meeting earlier today
19:00 cait noted
19:01 JesseM Me too ;)
19:02 cait so noone is here? :)
19:02 cait or let's ask differently, wh ocan attend the meeting?
19:02 caroline joined #koha
19:02 cait caroline, meeting? :)
19:03 caroline ah! sorry! I'm in training :(
19:03 cait n oworries
19:03 cait it seems everyone is somewhere else
19:03 kidclamp I am here
19:03 cait w ewill have the meeting if at least 5 people are here
19:03 cait ok, now we are 2
19:03 kidclamp khall?
19:03 wahanui i heard khall was here :)
19:04 davidnind I'm here..
19:04 cait 3
19:04 cait rangi: ?
19:04 khall here
19:05 cait 4
19:06 cait really.. that's all
19:06 cait =
19:06 cait ?
19:06 cait we should use that chance and rename Koha
19:06 cait or do something else fun
19:07 davidnind hehe
19:07 JesseM Im here :)
19:07 kidclamp that's 5
19:07 cait ok ..
19:07 cait kidclamp: do you want to start?
19:07 cait i will take over
19:08 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 16 January 2019
19:08 huginn Meeting started Wed Jan 16 19:08:11 2019 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
19:08 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:08 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 January 2019)
19:08 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_16_january_2019'
19:08 kidclamp #chair cait
19:08 huginn Current chairs: cait kidclamp
19:08 kidclamp #topic Introductions
19:08 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 January 2019)
19:08 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
19:08 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto, ByWater, USA
19:08 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
19:09 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
19:09 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:09 kidclamp #topic Announcements
19:09 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 January 2019)
19:10 cait QA and sign off academy patches!
19:10 kidclamp Kohacon 2019 call for proposals is open
19:11 kidclamp #info Academy ish papneing, please sign off and QA patches
19:11 JesseM Rmaint 18.05.x is going great!
19:11 kidclamp #info KohaCon 2019 call for proposals open
19:12 kidclamp #link KohaCon2019 website
19:12 kidclamp #topic Updates from Release Manager (19.05)
19:12 Topic for #koha is now Updates from Release Manager (19.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 January 2019)
19:12 kidclamp I am working on testing Mana and providing feedback to Alex - I want to push this early so appreciate any other eyes before I do so :-)
19:13 kidclamp Will hold off on pushing while I test but wil ctach up to bugs and academy asd soon as I can
19:13 kidclamp Thanks to all for their hard work, accounts and other things moving along nicely
19:13 kidclamp koha++
19:13 kidclamp Alll for me
19:13 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
19:13 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 January 2019)
19:14 kamar joined #koha
19:14 kamar Hello everyone
19:14 josef_moravec joined #koha
19:15 kidclamp #info 18.11 is coming alon, see notes form Koha meeting this morning
19:15 kamar I need to know if Koha can be install on Ubuntu Live ser
19:15 kidclamp #info 18.05 is going great
19:15 JesseM Working hard to keep up with Martin. :) But things are going great with 18.05.x
19:15 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
19:15 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 January 2019)
19:15 cait kamar: yes, koha is fine on ubuntu. we are currently in a meeting, can you ask later?
19:16 kidclamp cait, all yours
19:16 cait ah
19:16 cait sec
19:16 josef_moravec #info Josef Moravec
19:16 josef_moravec sorry being late
19:16 cait so, we got the bad bugs down from 20 to 16 currently, but the queue is pretty full - 100
19:16 kamar I need to know if Koha can be install on Ubuntu Live server
19:17 cait 70 2 days ago... so calling out to the QA team to help fix that :)
19:17 cait 38 of those are bugs, so it would be good to take of those for the upcoming maintenance releases
19:17 kidclamp #info the queue is growing, please help with bugs especially for maintenance releases
19:18 cait we've got quite a bit of ILL and Elastic patches waiting too - anyone willing to help there is also welcome. Second sign offs are often good too - they make us more confident
19:18 kidclamp #info ES and ILL patches need attention as well
19:18 cait hm and recently SIP activity too
19:19 cait need someone for SIP :)
19:19 cait that's it from me
19:19 * kidclamp *cough* ashimema *cough* khall *cough*
19:19 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
19:19 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 January 2019)
19:19 khall can do kidclamp , just remind me ;)
19:20 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]word_endpoint_RFC REST API - Public route to change patron's password
19:20 kidclamp tcohen has asked for a vote
19:20 kidclamp any questions?
19:20 aleisha_ joined #koha
19:21 cait i was thinking password_2 might be confusing
19:21 cait maybe password_repeated?
19:21 cait does it make sense anyway to ask for it twice?
19:21 aleisha_ thanks davidnind for testing so many academy patches!
19:21 khall that's what I was thinking
19:21 cait we can't really tell how the GUI will implment
19:21 khall confirming the password twice is a front-end process
19:22 cait yeah
19:22 kidclamp https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=22061
19:22 huginn Bug 22061: enhancement, P5 - low, 19.05, tomascohen, Signed Off , Public route to change password
19:22 cait i am fine with the old, it might make things easier
19:22 cait leave koha to verify
19:22 khall I think it's fine to have both there as well. It could make the form data directly pass-through
19:23 cait both = p1 and p1 or old and new?
19:23 khall new twice
19:23 khall we can't require the old password because it may be for a 'forgot your password' system
19:23 josef_moravec I am for repeated new password too,, we can't relly on client implementations...
19:24 cait but they can jus copy it?
19:24 khall cait: yeah, that was my point too
19:24 khall but in the end it does no harm
19:24 cait maybe mostly a question of what is required
19:24 cait i think the old password might be a good point
19:25 cait if it's a password forget process
19:25 cait forgotten
19:25 cait this is a little trickier than I expected :)
19:25 josef_moravec and also, if we have new password twice, clients implementation could be simpler...
19:25 kidclamp I think firget would be a separate process
19:25 josef_moravec yes, i think so too
19:26 josef_moravec and Koha should care about it not, some api consumer...
19:26 cait are we ok with password_2 or should we rename?
19:26 * khall has no strong opinion
19:27 cait it made it sound like a separate passwrod to me
19:27 * josef_moravec has no strong opinion too
19:27 cait th efirst... the second
19:27 kidclamp I don't mind either way
19:27 cait that's why i thought password_repeat might be more speaking
19:27 cait but I am ok with keeping it too or let tcohen decide
19:28 kidclamp description makes it clear I think
19:28 kidclamp okay, vote and mention that as a note?
19:28 davidnind make it more meaningful, sounds like naming something document 1, document 2 <-- not that I know anything about naming these things!
19:30 kidclamp Do we agree to adopt the public api for changing the password as outlined here:https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]word_endpoint_RFC with the note that a more detailed attribute name would be aprreciated?
19:30 kidclamp I have to run, just trying to phrase
19:30 kidclamp I support it for the the record
19:30 kidclamp bye
19:31 cait sec
19:31 cait takig over
19:31 cait but my hand fell asleep heh
19:31 cait harder to type
19:32 cait #startvote Do we agree to adopt the public api for changing the password as outlined here:https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]word_endpoint_RFC with the note that a more detailed attribute name would be aprreciated? (yes,no,abstain)
19:32 huginn Begin voting on: Do we agree to adopt the public api for changing the password as outlined here:https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]word_endpoint_RFC with the note that a more detailed attribute name would be aprreciated? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
19:32 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
19:32 davidnind too much QAing!:)
19:32 cait #vote yes
19:32 cait more lying on the couch with the laptop :)
19:32 davidnind #vote yes
19:32 josef_moravec #vote yes
19:32 JesseM #vote yes
19:33 cait ending vote... last chance
19:33 cait #endvote
19:33 huginn Voted on "Do we agree to adopt the public api for changing the password as outlined here:https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]word_endpoint_RFC with the note that a more detailed attribute name would be aprreciated?" Results are
19:33 huginn yes (4): davidnind, cait, JesseM, josef_moravec
19:33 cait ok
19:33 cait anything more for general development?
19:33 cait moving on!
19:34 cait #topic Review of coding guidelines
19:34 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 January 2019)
19:34 cait I suspect tcohen here too
19:34 josef_moravec tcohen++
19:35 cait it seems a bit incompleate - at least swagger 4
19:36 cait hard to tell for me... but I generally trust tcohen
19:36 cait should we vote?
19:37 davidnind I'd say yes
19:38 josef_moravec the proposed rules does make sense to me, and are not too complicated ;) but it would be great to have these things explicitaly written
19:38 cait #startvote Do we agree on the new coding guidelines Swagger 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 as outlined on the wiki? (yes,no,abstain)
19:38 huginn Begin voting on: Do we agree on the new coding guidelines Swagger 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 as outlined on the wiki? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
19:38 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
19:38 cait #vote yes
19:39 cait trustng the experts (including josef_moravec)
19:39 josef_moravec #vote yes
19:39 khall #vote yes
19:39 davidnind #vote yes
19:39 JesseM #vote yes
19:39 cait nice
19:39 davidnind what cait said :)
19:39 cait ending vote... last chance
19:39 cait #endvote
19:39 huginn Voted on "Do we agree on the new coding guidelines Swagger 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 as outlined on the wiki?" Results are
19:39 huginn yes (5): davidnind, cait, JesseM, josef_moravec, khall
19:39 cait great, now i want to see thatmoving forward :)
19:39 cait issomeone aware of when the next meeting should be?
19:40 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
19:40 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 16 January 2019)
19:41 cait it looks ike we had 2 in december... and 2 in november
19:41 cait so every 2 weeks i guess
19:41 cait January 30
19:41 cait 14 UTC?
19:42 josef_moravec could be
19:42 cait #info Next meeting: 30 January 2019, 14 UTC
19:42 cait #endmeeting
19:42 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
19:42 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jan 16 19:42:30 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:42 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-16-19.08.html
19:42 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-01-16-19.08.txt
19:42 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]16-19.08.log.html
19:42 cait thx all
19:42 davidnind cait++
19:42 cait @later tell tcohen please read the meeting logs for some discussion abotu the endpoint
19:42 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
19:43 JesseM Night!
19:50 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:09 helene joined #koha
20:18 akilsdonk joined #koha
20:25 lukeg1 joined #koha
21:09 lukeG joined #koha
21:10 * cait waves to the academy students
21:10 cait great job
21:11 helene Thanks:)
21:11 jasmine joined #koha
21:11 * jasmine says thank you!!
21:14 cait one tiny thing: if you submit a patch, please assign yourself the bug in the "Assignee" field :)
21:14 cait i've fixed all I came across - but might have missed one. And you are so fast making more
21:22 davidnind left #koha
21:36 magnuse academy++ helene++
21:44 vero joined #koha
21:44 vero at the moment of generating a report, the connection has been restarted, it indicates the browser that I must solve, thanks
21:53 cait that's all from me for today - good night :)
21:53 tallerjoy joined #koha
22:05 vero at the moment of generating a report, the connection has been restarted, it indicates the browser that I must solve, thanks
22:10 caroline1 joined #koha
22:17 paul_p_ joined #koha
22:26 cait joined #koha
22:29 aleisha_ cait thanks for the reminder about assigning - we'll try to keep on top of that so you don't have to!
22:46 cait joined #koha
22:57 papa joined #koha
23:02 lukeG joined #koha
23:26 oleonard joined #koha
23:31 oleonard Hi again #koha
23:31 caroline1 oh hello oleonard!
23:32 caroline1 it's rare you're on this late!
23:32 oleonard Yeah, just felt like popping in to see if anything was going on
23:33 caroline1 it's been pretty quiet afaik
23:46 tallerjoy HI
23:46 * tallerjoy shake it up a bit
23:52 oleonard Hi tallerjoy, long time no see
23:52 tallerjoy yah.  i need to put the irc back into 'auto start' on this pc
23:52 oleonard You disappeared into the Slackiverse didn't you
23:53 tallerjoy yes.  <not a fan>
23:53 oleonard But ~~* emojis *~~
23:54 tallerjoy hmmm....
23:54 tallerjoy ok
23:55 tallerjoy slack feels like the mcdonald's play area of IRC
23:55 caroline1 tallerjoy: lol!
23:56 * oleonard reminds tallerjoy to put her shoes in the cubby before getting on Slack
23:56 tallerjoy ha!
23:57 tallerjoy i am curious how many "person hours" are spent in slack searching for gifs to share via the giphy app.
23:57 tallerjoy so better productivity with communication balanced by less productivity goofing off
23:57 tallerjoy <but the giphys are fun>

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary