IRC log for #koha, 2018-12-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:02 Jersey joined #koha
02:05 jzairo left #koha
03:36 mtompset @later tell tcohen Tagged you in a Facebook status update. :)
03:36 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
03:36 mtompset @later tell CrispyBran Tagged you in a Facebook status update. :)
03:36 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
03:52 mtompset @seen Joubu
03:52 huginn mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 8 hours, 20 minutes, and 43 seconds ago: <Joubu> thanks oleonard! :)
03:52 mtompset @later tell Joubu there patched bug 21947 more fully, but don't know how to test it -- which is why I didn't include them in the first place.
03:52 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
04:06 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
04:23 gveranis joined #koha
06:11 chris1 joined #koha
06:40 sophie_m joined #koha
06:45 gveranis joined #koha
07:28 laurence joined #koha
07:33 fridolin joined #koha
07:33 fridolin hi people
07:34 fridolin whats on the www
07:36 reiveune joined #koha
07:37 reiveune hello
07:50 alex_a joined #koha
07:51 alex_a bonjour
07:59 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:06 paul_p joined #koha
08:07 sophie_m joined #koha
08:18 magnuse AndrewIsh, ashimema: on the patron profile (e.g. /cgi-bin/koha/members/ there is a tab/link for "Interlibrary loans": /cgi-bin/koha/ill/ill-requ​ but when you go to that page it shows all ill requests, regardless of patron. do you know if that ever worked?
08:22 AndrewIsh magnuse:  There is a fix for it, one moment
08:23 magnuse ah, bug 21460
08:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21460 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Filtering ILL requests on borrowernumber does not work
08:23 magnuse but no patch there
08:24 AndrewIsh OK, that's weird, I'm 99% sure I've fixed it. I'll have a look
08:25 AndrewIsh magnuse:  Are you talking about master?
08:26 magnuse i have tested it on master, yes
08:26 maya-dec-18 joined #koha
08:26 maya-dec-18 hi
08:27 AndrewIsh Right, I know what's going on. I fixed it as part of Bug 18589, anticipating that would be getting into 18.11, but it didn't quite make it
08:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18589 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Signed Off , Show ILLs as part of patron profile
08:27 AndrewIsh This is the patch that fixes it: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ST/V1/Illrequests.pm_sec1
08:27 AndrewIsh So I think we'll probably have to backport that as a separate bug fix
08:28 maya-dec-18 how can i bulk import records and items using koha-shell command - - - can anyone please help me with command
08:28 AndrewIsh I'm happy to create a fix for it if you like?
08:29 magnuse that would be awesome!
08:29 AndrewIsh magnuse:  ^^
08:29 AndrewIsh magnuse:  OK, no prob, I'll try and get to it today
08:29 magnuse AndrewIsh++
08:30 maya-dec-18 how can i bulk import records and items using koha-shell command and without manually export of envoirnment variables - - - can anyone please help me with command
08:33 gveranis_ joined #koha
08:35 magnuse maya-dec-18: sudo koha-shell -c "perl /path/to/ --arguments" instance
08:35 magnuse or first do "sudo koha-shell instance" and then, when you are in the "Koha shell", do "perl /path/to/ --arguments"
08:39 paul_p hello #koha
08:39 magnuse bonjour paul_p
08:40 maya-dec-18 magnuse --- where i can find the right --arguments?
08:44 lukeG joined #koha
08:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #127: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_17.11_D8/127/
08:51 maya-dec-18 @magnuse: can you pleases provide some useful "--arguments" to import marc records and items?
08:51 huginn maya-dec-18: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
08:51 maya-dec-18 huginn: Ok!
08:51 huginn maya-dec-18: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
08:59 greenjimll joined #koha
09:01 ashimema good morning #koha
09:05 maya-dec-18 huginn: i have ready marc records
09:05 huginn maya-dec-18: I've exhausted my database of quotes
09:23 magnuse maya-dec-18: don't listen to huginn, it's just a bot :-)
09:24 magnuse maya-dec-18: you can do "perldoc /path/to/", or have a look at https://perldoc.koha-community[…]lkmarcimport.html
09:24 magnuse -b -file -m are the most important ones, i think
09:29 ashimema @later tell Joubu Welcome back mate, hope you had a good break.. any chance you could take a look at the failing test on 18.05.x branch for us.. I'm baffled by it and needed some direction from your good self.
09:29 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
09:40 maya-dec-18 @magnuse: thanks for sharing such a good info! --- I already imported records and items by exporting envoirnment variables and command --------- perl -framework BKS -file file.mrc  -------------- Do we need to do any housekeeping after this commands
09:40 huginn maya-dec-18: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
09:45 cait joined #koha
09:48 laurence joined #koha
10:01 Archie^ joined #koha
10:01 Archie^ Hi Koha!
10:04 Archie^ Hey guys, so i Fd up my patron import in koha, can i just delete them from borrowers table? or is there another approch to this?
10:36 josef_moravec joined #koha
11:01 gveranis_ I think you can do it
11:02 gveranis_ or you can delete one by one from patron ui, but from table you can all
11:23 Archie^ joined #koha
11:28 cait gveranis_++ :)
11:28 gveranis_ hi cait
11:30 cait hi gveranis_ and all
11:31 cait ere: I am a bit lost about Elasticsearch again - is there still a bug that should go in next?
11:42 ere cait: Well, I'm working on bug 21084 right now, and since it's reported by you I'm sure you'll like it. :) Then there's the Z39.50/SRU server with bug 13937 that needs SO
11:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21084 normal, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, ASSIGNED , Searching for authorities with 'contains' gives no results if search terms include punctuation
11:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13937 new feature, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Needs Signoff , Add a search backend agnostic Z39.50/SRU daemon that can inject item status MARC subfields
11:43 ere cait: We want the Z39.50/SRU server so that Zebra won't be needed at all anymore..
11:48 cait ok, but we are done with the big dependencies?
11:48 cait have to go to lunch now - will be back for a bit later
11:49 kohaputti anybody interested in making the checkout logic unified across different methods like SIP, Koha SCO, intranet: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=21572 ? :)
11:49 huginn Bug 21572: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Allow checkout an item with reserve that is not yet in waiting state
11:50 kohaputti also reducing one syspref!
11:51 ere cait: I think so :)
11:52 * ere needs to check to make sure
12:21 cait joined #koha
12:24 cait ere: just let me know - I missed my last 2 qa emails, but looking for what to put in the next one :)
12:24 cait i won't be online so much, but just leave me a later
12:30 paul_p joined #koha
12:38 oleonard joined #koha
12:39 oleonard Hi #koha
12:42 alex_a joined #koha
12:56 oleonard Just confirmed Bug 21950
12:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21950 critical, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Opac search with accented words error
13:04 Proper joined #koha
13:14 tcohen late morning
13:19 oleonard Hi tcohen
13:29 paul_p joined #koha
13:30 Proper joined #koha
13:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:48 caroline Good morning!
13:51 oleonard Hi caroline
14:01 jzairo joined #koha
14:02 jzairo left #koha
14:05 jzairo joined #koha
14:31 oleonard What's the average number of attempts to successfully import a csv of patrons? 10? 15?
14:33 caroline oleonard: I tried 4 times yesterday and abandoned
14:33 oleonard There are *sometimes* helpful error messages, but not always.
14:34 caroline I was checking the box to overwrite patrons and it kept telling me patrons already existed ¬_¬
14:35 oleonard That may be the bug I'm testing now: Bug 21951
14:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21951 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Patron import fails if matching on cardnumber and userid also matches
14:35 caroline sounds like it, glad to know it's not just me :)
14:36 * oleonard should have made caroline test the patch instead of himself :P
14:36 oleonard ...but I did test it, and it seems to work :)
14:44 fridolin Bug 21842 is waiting for a noble pen to be signedoff
14:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21842 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , always test Koha::ItemType in defined
14:44 fridolin :D
14:47 Joubu fridolin: I am expecting much more places where it can explode, that's why I would consider it a data problem
14:47 Joubu and why I wrote bug 21150
14:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21150 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Data inconsistencies - item types
14:53 alex_a joined #koha
14:53 jzairo joined #koha
14:58 fridolin Joubu: indeed, this is just for pages not to show "internal server eroor"
14:58 fridolin error
14:59 karuson joined #koha
15:14 oleonard_ joined #koha
15:14 gveranis joined #koha
15:45 abneiman joined #koha
15:47 espen_ joined #koha
15:48 librarian joined #koha
15:48 librarian hi there
15:49 librarian after chasing a few false trails we are still stuck with a problem in issuing after and upgrade: "No circulation rule is defined for this user and itemtype combination."
15:49 librarian we only have one rule
15:49 librarian for All users item type book
15:55 Joubu librarian: what's the value of maxissueqty?
15:56 Joubu select maxissueqty from issuingrules;
15:56 librarian it is null
15:56 Joubu that's why you get the message
15:57 Joubu I agree with you, it's confusing :)
15:57 librarian that appears to be the default
15:57 librarian didn't create any problems before 18.05
15:58 Joubu wait a min, still reading the code
15:59 librarian one more observation: Deleting all rules and only having All/All works
16:02 Joubu just before you said you had only 1 rule, "for All users item type book"
16:02 Joubu what is the different with "only having All/All"
16:02 paul_p joined #koha
16:02 gveranis joined #koha
16:03 librarian we just added all/all while trouble-shooting
16:04 librarian we now added in all our rules again and it seems it's down to now having had an all/all rule?
16:04 gveranis joined #koha
16:04 librarian ie. it now works as expected for the individual rules that din't work before
16:05 librarian very confusing as it should never hit the all/all rule.....
16:06 Joubu actually, if there is no rule for the user/item, the maxissueqty is picked from another table
16:06 Joubu branch_borrower_circ_rules, default_branch_circ_rules, default_borrower_circ_rules or default_circ_rules
16:07 librarian but there is a rule for user/item
16:07 librarian with NULL for maxissueqty but that should be fine according to the will be unlimited in that case?
16:08 Joubu can you open a bug report?
16:08 librarian "If the total amount loanable for a given user category is left blank, no limit applies"
16:08 Joubu you can cc me to the bug
16:09 librarian never done that before but I can give it a go
16:10 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?product=Koha
16:10 Joubu and describe the problem as best as you can :)
16:11 oleonard Anyone here a fan of the JS Print Setup addon for Firefox? It has sadly disappeared from Mozilla's site.
16:14 eythian oleonard: IIRC it only worked on older FF versions
16:14 oleonard True. We were using Firefox ESR for that.
16:29 gveranis joined #koha
16:36 librarian joined #koha
16:44 gveranis joined #koha
17:11 Joubu ashimema, tcohen: around?
17:13 fridolin left #koha
17:13 vero joined #koha
17:15 vero I want to take an inventory for the type of items in koha, please guide me thanks
17:22 vero I want to take an inventory for the type of items in koha, please guide me thanks
17:25 Joubu vero: do you want to list all the item types defined in Koha?
17:25 vero Yes
17:26 vero choose the type to obtain the inventory
17:26 JesseM_ Hey Joubu
17:27 tcohen hola Joubu
17:27 tcohen hola Jesse
17:27 tcohen JesseM_
17:27 JesseM_ Hola tcohen
17:27 JesseM_ Perfect. I was looking for both of you
17:27 Joubu Hi JesseM_
17:28 JesseM_ I need some help with the Jenkins builds for 18.05 being unstable
17:28 Joubu vero: it depends on the value of the pref item-level_itypes
17:29 Joubu JesseM_: I am on it since this morning
17:29 JesseM_ Joubu++
17:29 Joubu I think I will have a fix soon
17:29 JesseM_ Thx Joubu
17:29 Joubu there is an accumulation of several problems
17:31 oleonard vero: If you're talking about the inventory tool, what you see is what is available. There is no option to limit by itemtype.
17:33 vero and to hide an itemtype
17:33 vero and to hide an itemtype from preferences
17:35 oleonard I don't understand what you mean by that vero
17:38 vero Hide in the opac of the results a type of items
17:38 caroline Do the runtime variables in the reports module work with dates?
17:39 caroline WHERE DATE(account_offsets.created_on) =@Date:=<<Date |date>> get me the date picker but 0 results
17:39 oleonard vero: It sounds like you want the OpacHiddenItems system preference: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/OpacHiddenItems
17:40 maya-dec-18 joined #koha
17:44 Margaret joined #koha
17:45 gveranis joined #koha
17:46 maya-dec-18 we did fresh koha installation ----- do we need to apply steps in​ki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix ---- or its done already ?
17:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
17:48 Joubu maya-dec-18: tes
17:48 Joubu yes
17:48 maya-dec-18 we did fresh koha installation 18.05.05 ----- do we need to apply steps in​ki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix ---- or its done (patched) already ?
17:49 Joubu you need the init-file part from the "Current Solution" section
17:52 gveranis joined #koha
17:53 maya-dec-18 Joubu: thank you !
17:53 maya-dec-18 : - )
17:58 maya-dec-18 left #koha
18:09 laurence left #koha
18:12 CrispyBran joined #koha
18:14 reiveune bye
18:14 reiveune left #koha
18:16 * CrispyBran waves
18:26 CrispyBran oleonard, what is an alternative to using onclick?
18:27 oleonard Instead of adding an onclick attribute to the HTML you define an onclick event in the <script> block or in the relevant linked JavaScript file
18:28 oleonard If you search the templates for '.on("click",' you'll see examples
18:28 CrispyBran thanks!
18:40 ashimema Oh, sorry I missed you earlier Joubu
18:41 ashimema Was on the general after school manic run around when you mentioned me.  Just on bedtime duties then I'll be back if you still want anything?
18:42 Joubu no worries ashimema!
18:42 Joubu I think I managed to fix the jenkins issue, I am writing an email to explain the problem
18:42 ashimema Sorry I wasn't much help with the failing 18.05 test yet.. I meant to be there to talk about it but got immediately called into a meeting earlier when we spoke
18:43 ashimema Oh cool.. that would be really helpful.. I wrattled my brain against it for literally a week and just wasn't very Ng anywhere.. I bet it's a simple problem really and I was just looking at it all wrong.
18:44 Joubu ashimema: not simple at all, it's a cache issue
18:45 ashimema Ooh, that could explain the erratic behaviour I was seeing of it passing sometimes, but not others
19:02 OpulentGamer joined #koha
19:14 librarian joined #koha
19:22 cait joined #koha
19:39 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:59 oleonard Bye all, happy meeting
20:08 davidnind joined #koha
20:09 caroline meeting?
20:09 thd joined #koha
20:10 davidnind General meteing https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_5_December_2018
20:10 caroline I thought it was now
20:10 davidnind I thought so too....
20:10 thd Is the meeting not now?
20:10 davidnind thd: it is
20:11 davidnind who would like to chair?
20:11 caroline kidclamp?
20:12 davidnind https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Chairing_meetings
20:13 davidnind I'm happy to give it a crack, particularly as not too many people are around it seems!
20:18 ashimema Ooh
20:19 davidnind but if there is not too many people around we can defer to next week maybe?
20:19 ashimema Sorry, I'd completely forgotten about the meeting too
20:20 thd Not much on the agenda so it should also be a fast meeting
20:21 ashimema I've poked kidclamp on slack too.. just in case.. but he appears to be offline
20:21 * kidclamp waves
20:21 kidclamp sorry
20:21 davidnind right, a short meeting is a good meeting - lets get started!
20:21 ashimema Yeay
20:22 davidnind #startmeeting General IRC meeting 5 December 2018
20:22 huginn Meeting started Wed Dec  5 20:22:03 2018 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at
20:22 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:22 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 December 2018)
20:22 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_5_december_2018'
20:22 caroline Go davidnind++
20:22 davidnind #topic Introductions
20:22 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 December 2018)
20:22 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:22 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
20:22 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
20:23 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
20:25 davidnind #topic Announcements
20:25 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 December 2018)
20:25 ashimema My connection is lousy
20:25 davidnind Anyone got any announcements they would like to share?
20:25 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
20:26 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:26 caroline 18.11 came out since last meeting, no?
20:26 ashimema 18.11 got released ;)
20:26 bag #info Brendan Gallagher - ByWater
20:26 davidnind Pretty big announcement then! :)
20:27 ashimema New branches are up and permissions have been moved around for the new team :)
20:27 davidnind Thanks to all those involved for the 18.11 release, and particularly the release manager + QA team!
20:28 ashimema #info 18.11.00, 18.05.06, 17.11.12 were all successfully released
20:28 ashimema #info 18.11.x has been branched
20:28 davidnind ByWater Solutions has a webinar coming up on how to use the new Koha sandboxes
20:28 ashimema #info 18.11.x and 18.05.x permissions have been configured to reflect the new release team for 19.05
20:29 ashimema is that webinar open beyond the ByWater customers as an audience.. I wasn't sure from he anouncement on twitter ;)?
20:29 ashimema either way.. I've been prepping the sandbox servers on this side of the pond in case they wanted some overflow capacity ;)
20:29 davidnind I assumed it was since it was on the web!
20:30 bag If I have any opinion on it - it’s available for all
20:30 davidnind #info Town Hall: How to Use the Koha Sandboxes[…]he-koha-sandboxes
20:30 kidclamp yup, open to the community
20:30 ashimema awesome :)
20:30 kidclamp (but not because bag said so)
20:30 kidclamp :-b
20:30 davidnind Great!
20:30 bag :P
20:31 davidnind #topic Update on releases
20:31 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 December 2018)
20:32 davidnind We may have covered some of this, any additional info to add from the release managers and maintainers?
20:32 kidclamp Currently pushign only bugs, will look at enh soon, traditional one month wiating period
20:33 ashimema From me, I've not started pushing yet, but am about to
20:33 kidclamp 18.05 maintainers are getting up to speed
20:33 ashimema Need to get Jenkins to reflect the new branch and I've 'booked' a slot with tcohen to walk watch him whilst he does that :)
20:34 bag tcohen++
20:35 davidnind #info Things are a bit quieter after the 18.11 release, new release team members getting up to speed, and new bugs will start to be pushed soon
20:35 davidnind Any other agenda items anyone wants to add?
20:36 ashimema not that I'm aware of :)
20:37 davidnind If not, we'll push on and set the time for the next meeting....
20:37 davidnind #topic Next meeting
20:37 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 December 2018)
20:38 davidnind Is 2 January 2019 (!!) 14:00 UTC okay, or should we make it a week later?
20:38 kidclamp will be right after holidays, but should be around
20:38 ashimema I think wait a week to be safe
20:38 kidclamp ++
20:38 thd Low attendance may be likely on 2 January.
20:39 ashimema I'll be here in theory..
20:39 davidnind Okay, we'll make it a week later - 9 January. Is the time okay?
20:39 ashimema brill
20:39 caroline +1
20:39 ashimema any thoughts on time kidclamp?
20:40 kidclamp 14 UTC works for me
20:40 kidclamp we usually alternate
20:40 ashimema brill
20:40 thd 14.00 UTC ++
20:40 CrispyBran https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=21346
20:40 huginn Bug 21346: major, P5 - low, ---, cbrannon, Needs Signoff , Clean up dialogs in
20:40 davidnind #info Next meeting: 9 January 2019 14:00 UTC
20:40 kidclamp the ld survey is gone, I think it was 14 and 20 the most popular
20:40 * ashimema couldn't remember what 'the other time' was :)
20:40 kidclamp or least unpopular
20:40 ashimema ta
20:40 davidnind Thanks everyone!
20:40 Joubu #info Next meeting: 9 January 2019, 14:00 UTC
20:41 davidnind #endmeeting
20:41 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:41 huginn Meeting ended Wed Dec  5 20:41:00 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:41 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-05-20.22.html
20:41 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-12-05-20.22.txt
20:41 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]05-20.22.log.html
20:41 Joubu #info Next meeting: 9 January 2019, 14 UTC
20:41 ashimema thanks for chairing davidnind :)
20:41 davidnind Thanks for putting up with my chairing!
20:41 ashimema davidnind++
20:41 caroline thx davidnind!
20:41 ashimema :)
20:41 davidnind :-D
20:41 thd Daylight savings time was not part of the old survey but interpolation could be done for guessing.
20:41 * ashimema scarpers..:)
20:41 kidclamp davidnind++
20:42 davidnind Catch you all later, off to carry on with my day job!
20:42 davidnind :wq
20:43 davidnind oops - wrong window!
20:43 davidnind left #koha
21:05 jzairo joined #koha
21:05 bag ah 9th of Jan is Pauls birthday (mine also ;) )
21:07 JesseM joined #koha
21:07 ashimema Oops
21:08 JesseM Hi #koha
21:11 cait joined #koha
21:15 librarian joined #koha
21:16 ashimema Hehe.. slightly too late JesseM.. no worries.. we said you guys were picking things up nicely.
21:21 JesseM Thanks :)
22:03 eythian https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=21892 phew, it's resolved!
22:03 huginn Bug 21892: minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, RESOLVED FIXED, Robin Sheat is not a typo
22:06 Joubu hope you are feeling better!
22:15 eythian Joubu: much!
23:15 caroline good night everybody!
23:15 librarian joined #koha
23:24 Proper joined #koha
23:30 Margaret_ joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary