IRC log for #koha, 2018-12-04

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 Francesca joined #koha
00:08 Francesca joined #koha
00:18 Francesca joined #koha
01:21 Francesca joined #koha
01:42 Francesca joined #koha
01:51 Francesca joined #koha
02:51 mtompset joined #koha
02:51 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
02:52 mtompset Anyone around familiar with template toolkit filtering?
03:46 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), #koha.
03:47 cdickinson joined #koha
04:37 MoonCricket joined #koha
04:57 cait joined #koha
06:12 chris1 joined #koha
06:25 fridolin joined #koha
06:30 Francesca joined #koha
06:32 calire joined #koha
06:40 * Francesca waves
06:59 cait joined #koha
07:23 Francesca joined #koha
07:28 Wings joined #koha
07:30 Francesca joined #koha
07:32 MissFixIt joined #koha
07:34 FunnyGirlNames joined #koha
07:38 Nemo_bis ciao Francesca
07:39 MostWanted joined #koha
07:43 alex_a joined #koha
07:44 alex_a bonjour
07:44 * cait waves
07:44 magnuse \o/
07:52 reiveune joined #koha
07:52 reiveune hello
08:15 cait bye #koha :)
08:15 greenjimll joined #koha
08:22 paul_p joined #koha
08:24 sophie_m joined #koha
08:37 dersmon joined #koha
08:42 dersmon hi everyone
08:52 magnuse hiya dersmon
09:02 Francesca joined #koha
09:08 dersmon it seems like my record matching rules only apply to records imported using the bulk import script, while all data imported using stage/commit is ignored
09:09 dersmon is there something i have to do after committing?
09:10 dersmon i mean, the matching rules are not working for stage/commit imports
09:11 dersmon i tried rebuilding zebra
12:15 * ashimema has at last found a moment to fully fix the ptfs-europe sandboxes.. we now have the new sandboxes running alongside 2 legacy sandboxes.
12:28 oleonard joined #koha
12:28 oleonard Hi #koha
12:32 magnuse ashimema++
12:33 magnuse i have one library reporting that when they return books the barcode field does not automagically get focus, to make it easy to return the next book. no errors in the console. anyone else seen that? oleonard?
12:33 magnuse they are using Chrome
12:33 oleonard What Koha version magnuse?
12:33 magnuse 17.11.11
12:34 magnuse they have tried in two different computers
12:34 magnuse i can't reproduce with chromium
12:45 oleonard magnuse: I checked out 17.11.x and tested in Firefox and Chrome (on Windows) and don't see it.
13:04 Backstreet joined #koha
13:05 magnuse thanks for testing oleonard!
13:05 andreashm joined #koha
13:06 magnuse i imagine people would be complaining if it was a common problem
13:06 magnuse kia ora andreashm!
13:41 caroline joined #koha
14:02 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:24 caroline joined #koha
14:25 cait joined #koha
14:25 * cait waves
14:26 caroline hi cait, hi everybody
14:26 cait hi caroline :)
14:28 cait oleonard++ # totally agree on html in MARC
14:29 cait if you are from a country using decimal commas this email from codeacademy seems like a very bad deal: Learn a $112,879 skill for just $199 ... now it looks only quite exaggerated
14:35 lukeG_ joined #koha
14:41 mtompset joined #koha
14:50 edveal joined #koha
14:50 caroline joined #koha
14:55 greenjimll cait: you'd think codeacademy would at least have localised the currency too for you. :-)
14:58 cait unlikely, i think they only offer Enlgish courses
14:58 cait it just had me scratching my head for a moment wondering
15:01 cait oleonard: hm somoene reported a problem with russian and the circulation datatable on bug 21933 for 18.11
15:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21933 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Renew or chek in selected items
15:03 cait this databale scares me a bit
15:04 cait do you have a moment to take a look at the error message posted maybe?
15:05 oleonard Sure
15:13 indradg joined #koha
15:14 indradg hi #koha
15:15 oleonard Hi indradg
15:18 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
15:18 mtompset Greetings, indradg
15:18 mtompset Greetings oleonard
15:18 mtompset Greetings, cait
15:19 mtompset Greetings, greenjimll
15:19 indradg I´m facing a rather peculiar performance issue on 18.05.06...
15:19 greenjimll mtompset: Hello!
15:19 indradg on a debian 8.10 -  4 core 10 GB VM
15:19 * mtompset mimes, "Plack everything!"
15:20 indradg two instances:  one with 11,000+ bibs, other with 350+ bibs
15:20 mtompset 10GB VM... someone is rich. :)
15:20 indradg memcached running, plack running
15:20 indradg for both instances
15:20 indradg the 11K bib searchs are coming in nice and fine
15:21 indradg the 350+ bibs instance is crawling
15:21 mtompset are both plack?
15:21 mtompset sudo koha-list --plack
15:21 mtompset lists both instances?
15:21 indradg mtompset, both
15:22 cait indradg: is it only searches?
15:23 cait slow since update? or a new one?
15:24 indradg cait: the 11K bib instance was a datadump from a 17.11.x db; the 350 bib one was a direct mrc file import into a fresh instance
15:24 cait we have had bad experience with zebra facets on bigger installations
15:24 cait they make searches really slow
15:25 cait if you have them on, it might be worth trying to deactivate in koha-conf.xml
15:25 cait and restarting zebra maybe
15:26 indradg ok
15:26 indradg cait: peculiarly it is the tiny instance that is having issues
15:26 cait alos if you changed the page size or upped the number of records for facets
15:26 cait ah
15:27 cait so it's the other way around? because you said "the 350+ bibs instance is crawling"
15:27 indradg im looking at network tab on in chrome devtools
15:27 indradg cait: yes. the 11K bib one is going fine
15:27 cait oh
15:28 cait 350 records
15:28 cait i somehow made that into 350.000
15:28 indradg but you have given me something to chew on @ cait
15:28 cait i am not good with numbers :)
15:28 indradg [/nick indradg|digging
15:29 cait maxRecordsForFacets and OPACnumSearchResults set to more than 20 can also slow tihngs down
15:29 cait but for 350 it seems unusual
15:29 indradg|digging i may have done something stupid
15:29 indradg|digging be back in 10 mins
15:32 cait afk now, might be back later (dinner time) :)
15:34 mtompset @seen Joubu
15:34 huginn mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 5 days, 17 hours, 20 minutes, and 14 seconds ago: <Joubu> @later tell tcohen maybe it's #97 and the commit message is wrong, commitid is 84f9c1c1f539d45e27b28344967ea4dda4917f4f
15:34 mtompset @seen tcohen
15:34 huginn mtompset: tcohen was last seen in #koha 2 days, 3 hours, 5 minutes, and 35 seconds ago: <tcohen> hi
15:35 gveranis joined #koha
15:35 mtompset oleonard, did you see my double filtering issue/question on the koha-developer's mailing list?
15:36 oleonard mtompset: Did you see my answer? :D
15:37 calire left #koha
15:37 gveranis hi all
15:38 gveranis I would like to ask if somehow we can setup Mail::Sendmail to use different smtp servers based on koha instance that is used
15:40 gveranis support configuration for multi smtp use, but I don't find something on Koha code to set up it
15:40 gveranis for different instances
15:43 fridolin left #koha
15:44 mtompset gveranis, I believe if you set the branch email address, you can confirm exim4 to use a different email address/smtp server to send from.
15:44 mtompset I mean configure exim4. And no, I don't know how off the top of my head.
15:45 gveranis ok thanks I will look for it
15:57 CrispyBran joined #koha
16:06 cait joined #koha
16:06 cait joined #koha
16:09 cait @wunder Upfingen
16:09 huginn cait: Upfingen, Germany :: Overcast :: 43F/6C | Tuesday: Periods of light rain early. Lows overnight in the mid 30s. Tuesday Night: Cloudy. Periods of light rain early. Low 34F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
16:10 cait oleonard++ thx!
16:13 laurence joined #koha
16:21 cait oleonard: also explains why it doesn't explode for me
16:30 gveranis joined #koha
16:41 gveranis joined #koha
17:11 CrispyBran @seen joubu
17:11 huginn CrispyBran: joubu was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 5 days, 18 hours, 56 minutes, and 57 seconds ago: <Joubu> @later tell tcohen maybe it's #97 and the commit message is wrong, commitid is 84f9c1c1f539d45e27b28344967ea4dda4917f4f
17:11 CrispyBran @seen tcohen
17:11 huginn CrispyBran: tcohen was last seen in #koha 2 days, 4 hours, 42 minutes, and 25 seconds ago: <tcohen> hi
17:11 CrispyBran @seen mtompset
17:11 huginn CrispyBran: mtompset was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 27 minutes, and 8 seconds ago: <mtompset> I mean configure exim4. And no, I don't know how off the top of my head.
17:31 reiveune bye
17:31 reiveune left #koha
17:37 paul_p joined #koha
17:58 oleonard mtompset: I take it you disagree with my answer?
18:04 mtompset which answer?
18:04 oleonard About the HTML filtering issue?
18:04 mtompset I hadn't see it.
18:05 mtompset no no...
18:05 mtompset you didn't run it, did you?
18:05 mtompset it turned the blank lines into readable HTML.
18:05 mtompset I just put <hr> in there for other bizarre test case.
18:06 mtompset sorry, it went to my junk folder, which is why I didn't see it.
18:06 oleonard Did I add your sample to a 500$a and test the output? Yes I did.
18:06 mtompset just try with lots of blank lines between regular text.
18:07 mtompset so you saw <br>'s added?
18:07 oleonard Is the question "Should HTML inside 500$a be rendered?"
18:07 mtompset No...
18:08 mtompset the question is why are blank lines turned into HTML... *AND* what should the HTML in the notes look like?
18:08 mtompset there were two things going on.
18:08 mtompset line 717 is a double filter.
18:09 mtompset I don't think the | html is needed.
18:09 oleonard Okay, so my answer to the second half of that question is that HTML should not be included in any MARC tag.
18:09 mtompset That I don't have a problem with. :)
18:09 cait agreed
18:10 mtompset But the whole addition of readable HTML in the output where there is none is wrong, in my opinio/.
18:10 mtompset opinion.
18:10 mtompset test\n\nis\n\ngood should not be rendered with anything HTML taggish.
18:11 cait have you taken a lok at the code for getmarcnotes or how it is called?
18:11 mtompset the code for getmarcnotes is fine.
18:11 mtompset it's the template file.
18:11 mtompset line 717
18:12 mtompset foo FILTER whatever it is | html
18:12 cait what is the line?
18:12 mtompset
18:12 cait but what adds the line breaks to the variable in the first place?
18:12 mtompset it doesn't need the | html in my opinion.
18:12 cait i htink it does
18:12 mtompset the | html is doing it.
18:12 cait because it prevents malicous code added
18:12 cait into the marc fields
18:13 mtompset but the FILTER whatever it is should be catching that.
18:13 cait i don't tihnk the html does add the <br>
18:13 mtompset yes, it does.
18:13 mtompset I changed it to $raw, and it worked just fine.
18:13 mtompset Sadly, I have a meeting in 2 minutes.
18:14 mtompset [% MARCNOTE.marcnote FILTER html_line_break | html %]
18:14 mtompset something is wrong with this filtering.
18:15 lisette joined #koha
18:16 cait ah
18:16 cait htmllinebreak
18:16 cait that turns the \n to <br>
18:16 cait have you tried to just switch them?
18:17 cait then it should work
18:26 jzairo joined #koha
18:37 Joubu hi #koha
18:38 cait hi Joubu
18:38 cait judging from all the @seen Joubu - you were missed :)
18:39 kidclamp Joubu++
18:40 Joubu kidclamp++ for the release :)
18:47 mtompset I'll check the switching order idea, cait.
18:48 cait the first filter is in the TT docs
18:48 cait it's a standard one
18:49 cait both are
18:50 cait I remember using it sonewhere, but that was staff, not the notes ;)
18:50 mtompset cait++ # swapped order works!
18:59 davidnind joined #koha
19:00 caroline anybody here for the docs meeting?
19:00 cait iam lurking
19:01 davidnind I am here
19:01 caroline hi davidnind
19:02 davidnind hi caroline and cait!
19:02 cait hi davidnind :)
19:02 caroline #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 4 December 2018
19:02 huginn Meeting started Tue Dec  4 19:02:33 2018 UTC.  The chair is caroline. Information about MeetBot at
19:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 December 2018)
19:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_4_december_2018'
19:02 caroline #topic Introductions (please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes)
19:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes) (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 December 2018)
19:03 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
19:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, Germany
19:03 davidnind #info David Nind, New Zealand
19:04 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
19:04 caroline hi Joubu! long time no see :)
19:04 caroline #topic What's been done so far
19:04 Topic for #koha is now What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 December 2018)
19:05 Joubu Hi all :)
19:05 caroline I didn't prepare anything for the meeting, I thought LeeJ would be here for the wrap-up of 18.11
19:05 caroline But we'll jump right into 19,05
19:05 caroline :)
19:05 cait caroline++
19:06 cait to be done is next, right?
19:06 caroline I know LeeJ added the enhancements to Taiga, I think I will still go through the last/official release notes to make sure everything is there
19:06 caroline cait: you mean the topic? yes, right after
19:07 cait ok :)
19:08 caroline Anything else for what's been done? I know we've all been  pretty busy
19:08 davidnind Nothing to add from me - have done nothing to progress automated screen capture and naming...
19:08 cait was pretty busy at work - on vacation now until after christmas, might find some time for docs :)
19:09 caroline ooh vacation!
19:09 davidnind work has got in the way to now :-(
19:09 caroline ugh work...
19:09 caroline ;)
19:10 caroline I have 4-5 new libraries to transfer to Koha, so I don't have tons of time either
19:10 caroline #topic Next steps
19:10 Topic for #koha is now Next steps (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 December 2018)
19:10 cait that's a lot
19:10 caroline yes, it's crazy
19:10 cait where shoudl we start with documenting? are there priorities?
19:10 cait i feel you
19:11 cait or just pick something from taiga?
19:11 caroline Priorities are new features, enhancements
19:11 caroline or just pick something from taiga is good too!
19:12 caroline I'm wondering if I will keep the Taiga structure as it is, I don't feel like transferring everything from 18.11 to 19.05
19:12 cait new featuers might take a longer while, but i might be able to start with some smaller things
19:12 cait maybe we could just tag them for a version somehow?
19:12 cait just so they don't end up in the wrong manual
19:12 caroline I'm looking if there's anything of mention in bugzilla
19:13 caroline Can we edit the manuals from before?
19:13 cait we could
19:13 caroline ashimema was asking about that before
19:13 cait like we do with koha versions
19:13 cait cherry pick changes from one to the other branches
19:14 davidnind I think it is something we should try - most if not all of the Taiga tasks relate to the previous versions
19:14 caroline Ok, in that case, I will create a new epic for 19.05, but I wont transfer everything. That way we'll be able to know what goes into just 19,05 vs the rest
19:14 gveranis joined #koha
19:14 cait if the manual is not branches yet for 19.05 we might want to hold off a whie
19:15 cait so we don't have 2 brnaches to maintain
19:15 cait until there are patches that are specific 19.05
19:15 caroline good idea
19:15 mtompset cait++ # bug 21947 fix implemented based on your suggestion. :)
19:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21947 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Filtering order generates html in notes
19:15 mtompset caroline, care for an easy sign off?
19:16 caroline mtompset: in a meeting right now, maybe after?
19:16 caroline ok so to recap,
19:16 mtompset Apologies, didn't notice. Oops. :)
19:16 caroline #info priorities for 18.11 are new features, enhancements, and after that, whatever you like
19:17 caroline mtompset: no problem :)
19:17 caroline #action caroline will go through the official release notes for 18.11 to make sure everything is in Taiga
19:18 caroline #idea explore if it is possible to cherry pick commits onto previous version manuals
19:19 caroline #action caroline will create a new epic on Taiga for 19.05-specific tasks
19:19 caroline anything else?
19:19 davidnind nothing from me
19:19 cait nope
19:20 caroline ok, that was a quick meeting :)
19:20 caroline #topic Set time of next meeting
19:20 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 4 December 2018)
19:20 caroline I think we can skip a meeting in january because of the holidays and schedule something for the beginning of february?
19:21 caroline Feb 5, same time is ok for everybody?
19:21 cait yes
19:21 davidnind yep
19:22 caroline #info Next meeting: 5 February 2019, 19 UTC
19:22 caroline hopefully that went through...
19:22 caroline #endmeeting
19:22 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
19:22 huginn Meeting ended Tue Dec  4 19:22:58 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:22 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-04-19.02.html
19:22 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-12-04-19.02.txt
19:22 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]04-19.02.log.html
19:23 davidnind caroline ++
19:23 davidnind cait++
19:23 caroline phew! thx for being there!
19:24 davidnind Thanks Caroline and Catch you all later - work deadline looming in the next hour!
19:24 davidnind left #koha
19:24 caroline mtompset: all yours!
19:25 caroline were you talking about bug 21947
19:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21947 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Filtering order generates html in notes
19:28 oleonard Welcome back Joubu!
19:31 Joubu thanks oleonard! :)
20:01 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #133: STILL UNSTABLE in 23 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D8/133/
20:21 alexbuckley hi all
20:21 gveranis joined #koha
20:25 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #129: STILL UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_D9/129/
20:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #133: STILL UNSTABLE in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_18.05_U18/133/
20:42 ashimema <_oftc_koha-j "Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #13"> Did I see the return of Joubu
20:51 indradg any memcached + plack experts around now?
20:52 indradg Iḿ stuck with a peculiar problem on 18.05.06
20:54 indradg Debian 8.10 VM (4 core / 10G) - two instances - one with 11000+ bibs, one with 350+ bibs. The larger instance working fine. the tiny 350 bib instance very slow
20:54 indradg koha-list --plack is showing both the instance
20:54 indradg where do I start troubleshooting?
21:06 valen joined #koha
21:07 valen Hide the subject of a type of article, which I must thank
21:12 karuson joined #koha
21:12 karuson hello
21:15 karuson anyone here?
21:22 cait joined #koha
21:31 nlegrand joined #koha
21:34 karuson is it possible to set a group policy for patrons based on the category selected when creating a patron?
21:36 cait what kind of policy?
21:37 karuson example, predefine "cataloging" category to give cataloging and circulation features
21:38 karuson when creating a patron
21:38 cait i think you mean permissions?
21:38 karuson yes
21:39 cait atm no - permissions are assigned individually
21:39 cait you can't define roles or something like that
21:39 karuson oh, is it something that I could put in a request for an eventual future update? :)
21:39 cait i think htere is one already, let me have a quick look
21:39 karuson okay
21:40 cait bug 18787
21:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18787 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Create permission profiles for staff users
21:41 karuson okay, thank you cait and huginn
21:41 karuson :)
21:41 cait huginn is a bot :)
21:41 huginn cait: I've exhausted my database of quotes
21:41 cait you are welcome, right thinking too - filing a bug that is
21:42 cait it's always good to file one or add a comment to an existing
21:42 karuson so i could add to 18787?
21:42 karuson is it really a bug though lol
21:42 karuson ?
21:43 cait bugs in bugzilla can be 'errors' or enhancements
21:43 cait new features
21:43 cait everything is a 'bug'  there
21:43 cait but it's filed as an enhancement
21:44 karuson oh okay, thanks for explaining
21:44 cait hope it made sense :)
21:44 karuson it did :)
21:45 cait and participating in bug discussions is always good
21:46 karuson well if it helps with fixes and enhancements to move faster, i will as long as I am in use of the software.
21:47 cait there are no guarantees a feature request will be realized tho
21:47 cait it needs sponsoring usually - most features are paid for by someone
21:47 karuson ohhhhhhh
21:47 cait but it's good to get different perspectives, also interesting for somoen elooking at writing a spec
21:47 cait and if something is waiting for sign off you can help with testing
21:48 cait and that would definitely help to make it move faster
21:48 karuson ah, yup, i have no problem with that
21:48 cait where are you from? :)
21:49 karuson Jamaica
21:49 cait ah cool
21:49 cait I am from Germany
21:49 cait if you are interested i testing, the sandboxes are a good place to start
21:49 cait sandboxes?
21:49 karuson oh snap, its near the middle of the night there isnt it?
21:49 cait ah, this bot is missing
21:49 cait kind of, but i am a night owl
21:49 karuson lol oh okay
21:50 karuson i have used the sandboxes before
21:50 cait ah great
21:50 karuson some of them don't work with the login details though
21:50 cait i'd recomment the bywater ones right now - they use the newer system
21:50 cait i think the ptfs ones are using it now too
21:52 karuson ah okay
21:52 karuson i don't really code though, at the most i could see about methods to make my work move a little bit faster
21:53 cait there is lots of things for non-devs :)
21:54 karuson oh, is it possible, somewhere within the koha system to use sql commands to create a permanent table and option, or is that strictly for developers to manipulate the system to that level?
21:54 cait helping on the mailing lists, documentation, testing...
21:54 cait you can use plugins
21:54 cait plugins can have their own tables, data and configuration options
21:54 cait but it does require some programming
21:55 cait what kind of feature do you want to use it for?
21:55 karuson well true, the other day I had to use the test environment to fiddle around with getting a framework to be exported, edited and then imported back into the system
21:55 karuson found out that excel keeps truncating a lot of data
21:55 karuson so had to use notepad++
21:55 cait ah.... good old excel
21:55 cait i find libre office to be nicer with csv data a lot of times
21:56 cait excel tends to mangle our german umlauts too
21:56 karuson i cant think of a use-case right now for which feature I would need to edit
21:56 karuson oh i see, thanks for the tip
21:56 karuson i'll test it out when I can
21:57 cait worth a try - i ususally edit them with sql :)
21:58 cait because i am lazy - but you need to restart plack and memcached if you do, so requires a bit of server side stuff
21:58 karuson to edit the framework en masse?
21:58 cait yeah
21:59 karuson okay, so there is still a lot for me to learn about this system.  memcached rings a bell, but plack does not in the least
22:00 karuson been exposed to it for just shy of 1 month
22:00 karuson but interaction has been very limited
22:00 cait it can do a lot... sometimes that makes it a little overwhelming when you start
22:01 karuson i see, i see
22:01 karuson so which module do you use to edit with sql commands?  is it the reports one still?
22:02 cait you can't do changes from within koha
22:02 cait the reports modules strictly only allow select
22:02 karuson so has to be done outside from the linux terminal end?
22:02 cait no updates or delete
22:02 cait yah, and very carefully of cours
22:02 cait e
22:03 karuson is there a course lol, cause I really would not want to mess up anything
22:04 cait no course sorry
22:04 caroline I used when I was starting, and of course, stack overflow
22:04 karuson okay, just have to be very meticulus in learning the relationships between tables and have a good book handy to sketch out
22:05 cait ah we got schema too
22:05 cait
22:07 karuson ah cool, thanks much cait
22:08 karuson those will be helpful
22:10 mtompset @seen Joubu
22:10 huginn mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 39 minutes, and 4 seconds ago: <Joubu> thanks oleonard! :)
22:11 mtompset @later tell Joubu so you are expecting bug 21947 to fix the order for all html_line... | html orders?
22:11 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
22:18 laurence left #koha
22:19 Joe_ joined #koha
22:21 CrispyBran Trying to get the destination of a transfer in a test.  Trying to use my $destination = Koha::Items->find($items->{itemnumber
22:21 CrispyBran whoops
22:21 CrispyBran Trying to get the destination of a transfer in a test.  Trying to use my $destination = Koha::Items->find($items->{ite​mnumber})->transfer->tobranch;
22:22 CrispyBran Getting:  The method Koha::Item->transfer is not covered by tests.
22:22 CrispyBran Ideas?
22:23 cait i got that with typos
22:23 cait not sure if that's the casehere
22:24 cait did you write/add transfer?
22:25 CrispyBran Koha::Items->find($items->{ite​mnumber})->transfer->tobranch
22:25 CrispyBran Just like that
22:25 kohaputti joined #koha
22:25 cait i dont see transfer in Items
22:25 cait or Transfers
22:26 CrispyBran Trying to retrieve the destination of a transfer.  Any ideas?
22:27 cait i think it thinks transfer is a method - but that method doesn't exist
22:27 cait item has no property transfer and no method transfer
22:28 cait i don't think you can use it like that
22:28 CrispyBran I may have been misinformed.
22:28 cait there is get_transfer in Items
22:29 cait[…]ecb9bba5258c#l128
22:29 cait that look slike what you are looking for
22:30 cait try changing it?
22:31 CrispyBran can't call method tobranch
22:31 cait is the item in transit?
22:31 cait or undef... hm
22:32 cait you are one step further )
22:33 CrispyBran yes, in transit
22:34 cait i am not sure
22:35 cait i think what we want is the getter method for tobranch...
22:37 cait i a not sure if it works with objects, but i'd try to see what you get back
22:37 cait using Data::Dumper
22:37 cait looks at what you get leaving off the ->tobranch part
22:37 cait do you have a branchtransfers object
22:38 CrispyBran I'm not exactly sure
22:39 CrispyBran This is the second test I've ever attempted to modify.
22:40 CrispyBran At the risk of looking dumb, what is an object?
22:41 cait object oriented programming
22:41 cait i am not sure i can epxlain that well
22:41 cait objects have methods and attributes/properties
22:42 cait the main difference between C4 and Koha modules is that the Koha modules are written object oriented
22:42 cait in perl this is still new to me too
22:42 CrispyBran Can you point out an object as an example in Circulation.t?
22:42 cait I learned about the concepts in my distance study
22:42 cait the get_transfers is supposedto return an object
22:43 cait you might want to ask Joubu :)
22:43 CrispyBran Joubu is ignoring me today.  :)
22:44 cait i think he just got back
22:44 cait not right now, but from not being here for a few days
22:48 rangi CrispyBran: its just a concept, not a real thing
22:48 rangi instead of thinking of things as abstract data types
22:48 rangi you think of them as objects
22:49 rangi objects have methods
22:49 rangi adt have functions and procedures
22:50 rangi objects have attributes
22:50 rangi you can think of ADT has type abstraction
22:50 rangi and Objects as procedural abstraction
22:50 rangi you can achieve that exact same things with either abstraction, but they are both just abstractions
22:50 rangi so instead of thinking of a borrower as a row in the borrowers table
22:51 rangi you think of it as an object
22:51 rangi its a tool to (in theory) make maintenance/development easier
22:52 CrispyBran So, is something like $item an object?
22:52 rangi it might be
22:52 rangi or it might be a variable
22:53 cait it's a scalar - it could be an itemnumber or it could be a reference to an item object
22:53 rangi if you do something like
22:53 cait right?
22:54 rangi my $item = Koha::Item->new()
22:54 rangi then it's an item
22:54 rangi you might have done my $item = "fish";
22:54 rangi then its not
22:54 rangi :)
22:54 cait that's what i meant at least ;)
22:54 rangi :)
22:54 rangi its just a convention rather than reality CrispyBran
22:55 rangi in ADT or other ways you would do
22:55 rangi my $item = create_item("stuff goes here");
22:55 rangi my $modified_item = do_something($item);
22:56 rangi in OO you would do
22:56 rangi my $item = Koha::Item->new("stuff goes here");
22:56 rangi my $modified_item = $item->do_something();
22:56 rangi its a just a paradigm of coding
22:57 rangi hopefully that makes sense :)
22:57 CrispyBran I'm seeing my $item = $builder->build( ...other stuff... );
22:57 rangi yeah tahts OO
22:57 rangi it doesnt change what it actually does
22:57 rangi its just a convention of writing code
22:58 rangi that is supposed to be easier to understand
22:58 rangi (i don't buy it, its a dogma like everything else, and sometimes it's not better)
23:00 CrispyBran I am putting in Koha::Items->find( $item->{itemnumber} )->transfer->tobranch, and the result is "Can't call method "tobranch" on an undefined value."  I have made sure that $item->{itemnumber} has a value.
23:00 cait ah
23:00 rangi yep
23:01 rangi that means transfer is not giving you a result
23:01 cait that's different to what you said before
23:01 cait yep
23:01 rangi so the find is working
23:01 rangi or it would be saying can't call transfer on an undefined value
23:02 cait you said it was can't call method tobranch before, that's a different one
23:03 cait and pretty sure you need get_transfers
23:04 CrispyBran I'm not sure what I am doing wrong then.  I have testest the holds and found is set to T, but I can't get the tobranch info.  I must be missing a step in the test, because Koha actually works and the branchtransfers show the transfer.
23:05 CrispyBran tested, not testest
23:07 cait did you test it within the test?
23:08 cait i'll better leave it to rangi ;)
23:08 cait getting late here an dnot sure i can help more
23:08 rangi you could Dump the value
23:08 rangi so maybe do
23:08 rangi use Data::Dumper;
23:09 rangi my $test =  Koha::Items->find( $item->{itemnumber} )->transfer;
23:09 rangi warn Dumper ($test);
23:09 rangi that will tell you whats actually retruned by transfer
23:10 rangi Data::Dumper is a useful module for examining variables
23:12 tcohen Dumper($object->unblessed)?
23:13 CrispyBran Can I use Data: Dumper in a test?
23:13 rangi for debugging yes
23:13 rangi remove it when you've figure out what is wrong
23:16 CrispyBran You wrote: my $test =  Koha::Items->find( $item->{itemnumber} )->transfer;
23:16 CrispyBran Shouldn't it be get_transfer?
23:16 rangi im copying what you wrote above
23:16 CrispyBran I put it wrong above
23:20 CrispyBran Where do I find the results of Dumper?
23:23 rangi if you made it warn
23:23 rangi then it will be in stderr (most likely output to the screen)
23:26 CrispyBran what is stderr?  Nothing new came up on the screen.
23:27 mtompset use Data::Dumper; print STDERR Dumper(\@array_stuff);
23:28 mtompset use Data::Dumper; print STDERR Dumper($hashOrarray_ref_stuff);
23:28 CrispyBran am I supposed to type that somewhere?
23:29 mtompset or evil, old school... use Data::Dumper; die Dumper($hash_ref_stuff);
23:29 mtompset in your code... where you are trying to examine the values of something for debugging purposes.
23:29 mtompset I find warn might not work unless you -v your prove. :)
23:32 CrispyBran ugh!  Why does this have to be so complicated?
23:32 mtompset So you can earn the big bucks? ;)
23:32 * mtompset goes back to lurking due to Christmas party elsewhere.
23:34 tcohen CrispyBran: where's this code located?
23:34 tcohen is it a test? a .pl script run through apache? on the API/Mojolicious?
23:35 CrispyBran It is a test.  On my computer.  I haven't posted it in the bug yet.
23:35 tcohen I use Data::Printer colored => 1;
23:35 tcohen then p($var);
23:39 CrispyBran Nothing is working.  I keep getting syntax errors no matter which method I try.
23:39 CrispyBran i hate tests
23:39 tcohen I love them ha
23:39 CrispyBran I get them
23:39 CrispyBran I hate them
23:39 tcohen syntax errors
23:39 tcohen tell me more
23:39 tcohen perl -wc file.t
23:40 tcohen what does it say?
23:40 CrispyBran joined #koha
23:43 tcohen cya tomorrow, #koha
23:53 CrispyBran I guess my testing IS missing something.  While the T is set in the reserves, the transfer isn't set in the test (undef).
23:57 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary