IRC log for #koha, 2018-11-21

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:58 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
02:54 caroline joined #koha
02:54 lukeg joined #koha
03:00 irma_ joined #koha
03:14 mtompset I hate nested hash structures in perl!
03:14 dcook Only in Perl? :p
03:14 mtompset Well, right now items.itemnumber is 9,9
03:14 mtompset because somewhere, somehow 952,9 is getting corrupted.
03:14 mtompset and I can't find it.
03:15 mtompset Added a bunch of print STDERR's into C4/Biblio and trying to trace why my tests are failing.
03:16 mtompset discovered this corrupted data structure exists inside this whole test file.
03:16 dcook Alas, I am not following
03:16 mtompset in C4/
03:17 mtompset add a print STDERR line to tell you what $mss has.
03:17 mtompset use Data::Dumper; print STDERR Dumper($mss);
03:17 mtompset in the GetMarcFromKohaField
03:17 mtompset just above the return wantarray.
03:18 mtompset then run a prove t/db_dependent/Biblio.t
03:18 mtompset in kshell
03:18 mtompset on a kohadevbox.
03:18 mtompset for some strange reason... items.itemnumber is being corrupted from the actual value on the DB.
03:19 mtompset And yet, when I put something similar into GetMarcSubfieldStructure... it's the correct value.
03:20 mtompset I've found nested perl structures tend to be nasty when you get something wrong.
03:21 mtompset It's like messing up C pointers too.
03:21 dcook I've found Perl to be perfectly safe, but I don't know enough about the issue at hand, and it's past time for me to eat
03:22 mtompset I* just want to se tup a biblio with two items... and it's blowing up. :(
03:22 mtompset tag '9' is invalid.
03:23 mtompset I'm going to call it a night on this.
03:24 mtompset I'm trying to add GetMarcBiblio testing.
03:24 mtompset There isn't a full test suite for that function.
04:03 mtompset Have a great day, #koha dcook
06:06 irma_ joined #koha
06:14 irma_ joined #koha
06:25 irma_ joined #koha
06:30 irma_ joined #koha
07:24 fridolin joined #koha
07:24 fridolin hi
07:25 magnuse \o/
07:32 laurence joined #koha
07:41 reiveune joined #koha
07:41 reiveune hello
07:41 wahanui bonjour, reiveune
07:44 alex_a joined #koha
07:45 alex_a bonjour
07:45 wahanui bonjour, alex_a
07:53 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:56 paul_p joined #koha
08:31 * ere just got the first results via Z39.50 from Elasticsearch
08:32 kohaputti ere, it would be really nice to get the record processing part of the new ES indexing code multi-threaded!
08:32 kohaputti so many cores on my machine but just 1 used
08:34 kohaputti ere, are you writing search engine agnostic sru/z39.50?
08:35 ere kohaputti: True... a simple way would be to add start offset and skip count to the indexing script so you could run multiple in parallel
08:35 ere kohaputti: Yes, a better one than the Dancer-based SRU server
08:35 kohaputti ok, the dancer-based one was super simple! :)
08:36 ere kohaputti: So is this :)
08:36 kohaputti I kinda liked it, not too much code to maintain
08:36 ere kohaputti: Ok, this is over 200 lines, but this quite manageable
08:46 andreashm joined #koha
08:46 * andreashm waves
08:47 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:56 magnuse ere++
08:56 magnuse tjänare andreashm
08:56 andreashm morn magnuse
09:35 greenjimll joined #koha
10:02 cait joined #koha
10:14 paul_p_ joined #koha
10:19 Archie^ joined #koha
10:22 Archie^ hey in what table/row can i find barcodes for items in koha?
10:22 sophie_m items.barcode Archie^
10:23 Archie^ thanks :)
10:24 Archie^ is there marc21xml space responsible for barcode?
10:51 laurence joined #koha
11:26 laurence1 joined #koha
11:29 coyas joined #koha
11:29 coyas hi
11:32 coyas i am trying to install koha
11:32 coyas but this error show up
11:33 coyas Software error: bad template path
11:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21819: (QA follow-up) Replace onchange() in touched code <[…]10defdca6decdaa1d>
11:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21615: Move stock rotation in the tools menu <[…]53fc25163362591d1>
11:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21853: (follow-up) to solve printpdf error <[…]24edacc02cfe6f5b5>
11:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21853: Fix PDF export of basketgroups <[…]f1ac746a640f25099>
11:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21819: Marc modification templates action always checks Regexp checkbox <[…]922209a4e8f6df9a1>
11:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21854: Use template plugin to display category description <[…]dc10c136c8d057e98>
11:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21837: Don't set holdingbranch filter using selected homebranch filter <[…]0a3f69697d13c7d62>
11:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21823: Force creation of POT file even if there is no messages <[…]60372e8fb2253d44a>
11:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21529: (follow-up) USE raw filter <[…]20fe18c093c169191>
11:33 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21529: (bug 13618 follow-up) Display print notices with HTML tags <[…]d6cb79800ba991e51>
11:34 coyas anyone knows what this error is about
11:35 kidclamp when loading the web installer coyas ?
11:40 coyas ya
11:40 coyas see here
11:56 laurence joined #koha
11:57 Archie^ hey where can i manage shelfs in koha?
11:57 kidclamp check 'DocumentRoot' in the apache settings maybe coyas?
11:57 kidclamp Archie^: You mean Lists?
11:59 coyas kidclamp: what i am looking for in DocumentRoot
12:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #615: SUCCESS in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/615/
12:03 Archie^ kidclamp: i dont know, im looking items.location (marc21xml 952.C ) and i'm not sure should i add them separately for every library?
12:04 kidclamp ah, those are in authorised values - category LOC
12:04 kidclamp you can set branch limits for the values I bleiee
12:04 kidclamp coyas: make sure the path is correct and exists?
12:05 kidclamp coyas: I am not sure, just checking what I can think of
12:05 andreashm joined #koha
12:05 * andreashm waves
12:06 oleonard joined #koha
12:06 marcelr joined #koha
12:06 marcelr hi #koha
12:06 coyas yes
12:06 coyas hi
12:06 wahanui que tal, coyas
12:06 oleonard Hi #koha
12:07 coyas eu tenho o koha em mas o DocumentRoot /var/www/html
12:07 coyas documentroot esta em outrolugar
12:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #104: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/104/
12:08 marcelr hi oleonard
12:08 wahanui hi oleopard
12:08 andreashm hi oleonard marcelr
12:09 marcelr o/
12:11 magnuse any users of the EDS plugin around yet? i get this error: {"DetailedErrorDescription":"Invalid IP.","ErrorDescription":"Invalid IP","ErrorNumber":"139"} so i wonder if i have the wrong IP addresses, or something
12:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #113: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/113/
12:13 ere magnuse: Not with Koha, but I believe that means the IP address of the Koha server is not allowed in EDS
12:14 Archie^ kidclamp: can you be more specific. What is LOC?
12:14 magnuse ere: the plugin has a setting where you enter some ip addresses, so i am not sure
12:15 oleonard Archie^: "LOC" is the code used in authorized values to define shelf locations
12:16 Archie^ ya but the question is: do i need to modify them somewhere in GUI?
12:16 oleonard Administration -> Authorized values -> Select "LOC" from the dropdown
12:17 Archie^ aye thnx :) great help as always
12:18 magnuse oleonard++
12:33 coyas how is suppose to be a DocumentRoot for koha
12:33 laurence left #koha
12:38 coyas anyone
12:42 kmlussier joined #koha
12:50 magnuse coyas: are you installing with the debian packages?
12:51 coyas no
12:51 coyas manually in centOS
12:52 coyas is almost done
12:53 Archie^ hey if i check out a book where can i see that on DB level?
12:53 oleonard Archie^: The issues table
12:53 Archie^ right, freaking forgot
12:53 magnuse coyas: the debian packages has "DocumentRoot /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs" and "DocumentRoot /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs"
12:53 coyas ok
12:54 coyas it give me this error
12:54 coyas [Tue Nov 20 10:36:20 2018] DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'bncv_db0.systempreferences' doesn't exist [for Statement "SELECT `me`.`variable`, `me`.`value`, `me`.`options`, `me`.`explanation`, `me`.`type` FROM `systempreferences` `me` WHERE ( `me`.`variable` = ? )" with ParamValues: 0='template'] at /usr/share/koha/lib/DBIx/Class/Storage/ line 1836.
12:54 coyas [Tue Nov 20 10:36:20 2018] bad template path
12:54 coyas i think that db will be populate in web installer
12:55 coyas but here it ask me for table bd.systempreferences
12:55 coyas who know about this
12:57 alex_a joined #koha
12:58 oleonard coyas: The web installer should have populated the database. If you're missing the systempreferences table the installation process didn't finish correctly
12:58 coyas ok
12:59 coyas what can i do to make this right, to create an this systempreferences tables?
13:01 oleonard coyas: If it were me I would be concerned about what other aspects of the installation failed and I would drop/recreate the database and run the installer again
13:01 tcohen ih
13:01 andreashm hi tcohen
13:03 coyas do you have any document that will teach me install it manually (using make, make install, install in etc/koha, usr/share/koha, ...)
13:03 coyas without using apt-get or others package managers
13:04 oleonard coyas: You might find something on the wiki
13:05 coyas they will not help me
13:06 coyas only support debian and it's derivatives
13:06 ashimema `perl Makefile.PL` -> `make` -> `make install`
13:07 oleonard https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]arch=centos&go=Go
13:07 ashimema not all that much more to it..
13:07 ashimema the first step will ask you questions to get the initial configuration
13:10 coyas ok, how i will install this ins /etc/koha and /usr/share/koha
13:10 coyas this steps is not in these articles
13:13 ashimema the `make install` will do that so long as you chose the `production` option during the `perl Makefile.PL` stage
13:13 ashimema sorry.. `standard` not `production`.. it's been a while since I did it
13:20 magnuse kidclamp: do you happen to know what should go in the "IP Addresses" setting of the EDS plugin?
13:21 coyas to install koha manually i need to create the database or will be created automatically?
13:22 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:27 tcohen coyas: you need to create it, and create a DB user with permissions on that DB
13:27 tcohen then do the perl Makefile.PL step
13:27 tcohen specifying those db/user/pass
13:27 ashimema you'll need to create the database I believe
13:27 coyas i have a problem with this perls module
13:28 coyas a lot dependence
13:29 eythian there is/was a script that'd do a lot of the dependency installing for you.
13:30 oleonard coyas: The information on the wiki about installing on CentOS may refer to an older version of Koha but it does contain useful information like: Creating the database
13:30 coyas ok
13:30 tcohen oleonard++
13:30 coyas i have centOS in vagrant to do the test
13:33 Freddy_Enrique Greetings everyone
13:37 kidclamp magnuse - it is the ip for the server if using ip based authentication (as opposed to username/password) in configuration
13:37 kidclamp I tihnk?
13:41 kmlussier joined #koha
13:48 marcelr hi kidclamp
13:48 kidclamp hi marcelr
13:48 marcelr kidclamp: need any further light on 21774
13:48 marcelr ?
13:49 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:49 kidclamp no, I will push, I won't like it
13:49 marcelr the pipe was there in the past too
13:50 kidclamp blech
13:50 marcelr it was/is hardcoded even
13:50 kidclamp confusing too that the fields are combined on next edit
13:50 marcelr you should check that
13:51 marcelr i think that it is not correct; i have two fields
13:51 kidclamp but if I were to pitch a fit about every piece of koha I don't like, we'd be here a while
13:51 kidclamp let me double check
13:51 marcelr yes
13:51 marcelr restart plack etc
13:54 kidclamp hmm...separet fields now
13:54 marcelr thats what i would expect yes
13:55 kidclamp what about fields tied to authorized values?
13:55 marcelr i tested ccode
13:55 jzairo joined #koha
13:55 marcelr and it worked
13:56 marcelr no exception for av
13:56 kidclamp i tired with $j tied to stack and is not working
13:56 marcelr hmm but you cant reproduce now?
13:56 kidclamp reproducing no
13:56 kidclamp reproducing now
13:56 kidclamp testing with ccode
13:57 kidclamp doesn't work for me
13:58 marcelr kidclamp: let me try again first now
13:58 marcelr latest master..
13:59 davidnind joined #koha
14:00 kidclamp oh, working now
14:01 kidclamp not sure what I did there
14:01 marcelr kidclamp: it works for me
14:01 marcelr clone a field, save open again
14:01 * kidclamp pushes the thing and hides
14:01 marcelr for cloning you need repeatable in fw
14:02 marcelr where it gets interesting is bug 21800
14:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21800 normal, P5 - low, ---,, ASSIGNED , TransformKohaToMarc should respect non-repeatability of item subfields
14:02 marcelr we should solve that somehow in next release and backport
14:02 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21774: Cloned item subfields disappear when editing an item <[…]b611714ea4c72771d>
14:02 marcelr kind of an enhancement of old behavior
14:03 barton morning all!
14:03 marcelr hi barton
14:03 kidclamp sorry for the troubles marcel
14:03 greenjimll Hello - dev meeting?
14:03 marcelr np kidclamp
14:04 marcelr hi greenjimll
14:04 marcelr no idea about a meeting
14:04 greenjimll Oh... I have a Development IRC meeting in my calendar for 14:00 UTC.
14:04 barton thanks for mentionioning it greenjimll, that's why I'm here. :-)
14:04 greenjimll https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_21_November_2018
14:04 kidclamp yes, meeting
14:04 kidclamp one moment
14:05 kidclamp #startmeeting
14:05 huginn kidclamp: Error: A meeting name is required, e.g., '#startmeeting Marketing Committee'
14:05 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 21 November 2018
14:05 huginn Meeting started Wed Nov 21 14:05:31 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
14:05 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:05 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 November 2018)
14:05 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_21_november_2018'
14:05 kidclamp #topic Introductions
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 November 2018)
14:05 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWaterSolutions
14:06 barton #info Barton Chittenden, ByWaterSolutions
14:06 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum NL
14:06 greenjimll #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
14:07 kidclamp #topic Announcements
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 November 2018)
14:07 kidclamp anybody?
14:07 greenjimll nothing from me.
14:08 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
14:08 barton morning tcohen
14:08 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release Manager
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 November 2018)
14:09 kidclamp #info Release is coming along - combing through the release notes and the majors and above in bugzilla to fix whatever we can
14:09 deb-CSPL joined #koha
14:10 kidclamp #info possibly considering 21826/19365 - would be nice to fix this, but don't want to cause issues this close to release
14:10 kidclamp any exytra QA eyes on those bugs would be appreciated
14:10 kidclamp bug 21826
14:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21826 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Passed QA , Automatic authority record generation improvements
14:10 kidclamp bug 19365
14:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19365 major, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Passed QA , doesn't work with Elasticsearch
14:10 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
14:10 * ashimema got the time confused
14:11 kidclamp thanks to all for lots of hard work, looking forward to sending this one out the door
14:11 kidclamp that's all from me, just thank you again to all
14:12 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:12 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 November 2018)
14:12 kidclamp ashimema: fridolin
14:12 wahanui well, fridolin is indeed, but maybe not on Rmain 18.11
14:12 ashimema I have a test failing (selenium) which I'm working on a fix for
14:13 ashimema otherwise, we're not in bad shape for the next (and my final) 18.05.x release
14:13 ashimema I'm steady at 50 commits behind master right now.. bit I think the majority of those are enhancements
14:13 fridolin yep
14:13 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:14 ashimema #info 18.05.x branch has one current failing test.. I believe it's the test rather than the feature that's failing
14:14 greenjimll I hate it when tests do that!
14:14 ashimema #info 18.05.x is currently 50 commits begind master, but the majority of those are enhancements and as such won't be backported
14:15 thd joined #koha
14:15 ashimema #info 18.05.x is otherwise on target for release next week
14:15 fridolin I have selenium not configured in Jenkins for 17.11.x
14:15 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:15 fridolin otherwise its OK, a bit late on 18.05 backports
14:16 kidclamp thanks guys, anything else?
14:16 ashimema not from me :)
14:16 fridolin I'm ok
14:17 kidclamp #inf 17.11 is a bit behind but coming along, releases on target for release next week
14:17 kidclamp #topci Updates from the QA team
14:17 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
14:17 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 November 2018)
14:17 kidclamp cait around?
14:17 kidclamp Joubu: marcelr Josef_moravec alex_a jajm
14:17 marcelr no updates
14:18 kidclamp khall tcohen
14:18 kidclamp #info The QA team is awesome, bugs get QAed, things get fixed, the people are happy
14:19 kidclamp moving on
14:19 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:19 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 November 2018)
14:19 tcohen .-D
14:19 kidclamp anything?
14:19 greenjimll I like bz-splitter!
14:19 marcelr bug 21336 needs SO
14:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21336 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , GDPR: Handle unsubscribe requests automatically by optional (administrative) lock, anonymize and remove
14:19 barton greenjimll++
14:19 ashimema bz-splitter needs a little love to stop it from crashing frequently..
14:20 greenjimll Going to be useful for bug-wrangling though to easily spot bugs that might need a nudge.
14:20 kidclamp #info bug 21336 could use attention GDPR
14:20 kidclamp #info splitter is an amazing tool, could use some attention to keep it running
14:21 kidclamp what does it need ashimema - code work or server help?
14:21 greenjimll I take it 21336 will be a 19.05 thing now?
14:21 kidclamp indeed
14:22 greenjimll Be good to get bug 20028 sorted out for the same release (other side of GDPR coin)
14:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20028 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, J.P.Knight, Failed QA , Export all patron related personal data in one package
14:22 ashimema code work
14:23 ashimema seems to crash whenever an ipv6 address hits it
14:23 ashimema Joubu and I are both aware but haven't been able to personally replicate
14:23 ashimema and neither of us have time at the minute to investigate further.
14:23 ashimema we'll get to it at some point ;)
14:24 kidclamp cool
14:24 kidclamp moving on?
14:24 ashimema yup
14:24 kidclamp #info bug 20028 is a good candidate for 19.05 too
14:24 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:24 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 November 2018)
14:24 kidclamp barton?
14:24 barton right.
14:25 barton So I wrote the notices and slips wiki page, and that's sort of been the backbone of the notices and slips documentation for a while.
14:25 cait sorry, almost missed the meeting
14:26 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:26 barton you made it for the good part ;-).
14:26 barton anyway, I entered bug 21858 to move my work off the wiki into POD.
14:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21858 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , RFC: Notices and slips documentation
14:27 barton ... and I'd like to create a coding guideline that says that any new notices need to be documented.
14:27 greenjimll POD is good. Literate programming.
14:28 cait I'd like to suggest not using POD in favor of manual patches
14:28 cait POD is used in our files atm, but not as standalone separte from methods like this suggestion
14:28 cait it would require manual people to replicate for the manual reading the POD file
14:28 ashimema I like POD for within modules and aimed at developers... for user facing stuff a manual patch
14:28 ashimema that's my opinion
14:28 ashimema if POD is just feeding Manual.. then it's always going to get out of sync
14:28 marcelr yeah pod may not be the best place here
14:29 cait we are terribly at keeping thing in sync
14:29 barton I've got 5 people at bywater who are *itching* to get notices stuff into the manual. I'm not worried about carrying that over.
14:29 ashimema but I certianly DO like the idea of it being a guideline to state manual merge requests should accompany bugzilla submissions (whenever apropriate)
14:30 barton getting devs to document the intent of the notices is the hard part.
14:31 ashimema we already require POD updates for changes to and additions of methods/subs
14:31 ashimema so how is this different to that..
14:31 marcelr managing devs is hard
14:31 cait getting devs to documet is hard, but I think it's not too much to ask
14:32 kidclamp I would agree, manual is a better place
14:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #616: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/616/
14:32 ashimema needs to continue to be something easy for QA'ers to spot and fail patches for.. having an entirely separate POD file that collates notices docs is going to be hard to spot when missing..
14:32 ashimema or did I misunderstand the request?
14:33 kidclamp this pod could all go into the individual scripts/module too, no? Then it would need to be maintained by devs without being a sepearate file?
14:33 cait not os easily
14:33 ashimema that's where I would aim for
14:33 barton Ok, so I created a separate file, *mostly* so that I had something to show people.
14:33 cait i mean it's pretty spread out in the code right no
14:33 cait w
14:33 cait but methods shoudl be documented
14:34 ashimema if a Dev adds a notice then there's going to be an associated method/sub somewhere for that notice.. that's where the POD documentation should go..
14:34 cait yep
14:34 barton ... but I'm not stuck on the pod. As long as it's documented somewhere, and we have a coding guideline, I'm happy.
14:34 cait i think converting your work already done for the manual would be great
14:35 cait it's a good template too
14:35 greenjimll I get the feeling that the proliferation of syntaxes is also an issue in this case, because individual devs haven't necessarily seen what others have done? Or am I misunderstanding?
14:35 ashimema that is then something manual maints can use to construct the manual updates from (and that's actualy where a new guideline would be good encouraging devs to at least setup a stub manual merge request for the needed docs update)
14:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #105: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/105/
14:35 kidclamp we don't have a guideline requiring manual patches, but I think QA at least suggests for new features, no?
14:35 barton ^^ what greenjimll said.
14:36 ashimema I know I do ;)
14:36 barton The documentation *needs* to be centralized.
14:36 greenjimll How do we submit a manual patch for something that hasn't yet been signed off/passed QA (and so may change radically)
14:37 cait you can do it and mark it WIP
14:37 ashimema well.. for 'Stock Rotation' for example I marked it with WIP
14:37 cait or you could write up a note on the release notes that is nice and clear for a start
14:37 greenjimll OK, is that process documented?
14:37 ashimema and noted it was awaiting final QA of the bug
14:37 ashimema not that I know of..
14:37 ashimema that's where a new guildeline could come in
14:38 * ashimema would love to automate some of it somehow.. but hasn't got that far
14:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #114: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/114/
14:38 * ashimema actually submitted a WIP merge request with just titles to start with.. then got his customer services team to write the human facing first draft (which I then maintained whilst the bug went through QA)
14:39 cait :)
14:40 cait would someone be willing to write up the pod to a manual merge request?
14:40 cait some of it might already be documented
14:40 cait i think we at least have an explanation for the notices code
14:40 cait s
14:40 kidclamp sounds like consensus is move this bug to master, consider a guideline for manual patches when submitting new features/ changing existing features?
14:41 cait +1
14:41 ashimema +1
14:41 greenjimll Er, I thought I was in the minority in liking POD in a file (which is what this bug does at the moment)?
14:41 kidclamp Does someone want to draft that for next meeting and send out to lists for opinion?
14:41 barton I can talk to bywater's education team; jzairo or donna.
14:42 ashimema +1
14:43 barton +1
14:43 mirkh joined #koha
14:44 greenjimll I'm not clear what folk are +1'ing? Getting 21858 pushed to master?
14:44 kidclamp #action Barton will see about getting a guideline for manual patches drafted and send to community
14:44 thd greenjimll: While I do not know where the majority stands, I think past difficulties have been about outdated POD not being updated.
14:44 kidclamp greenjimll: I think to move it to manual and consider a guideline to require manual changes
14:44 marcelr yes, move it to the manual
14:45 greenjimll kidclamp: Ah, you said, " move this bug to master" and confused me.
14:45 kidclamp hah, I meant manual
14:45 * kidclamp looks around for more coffee
14:45 greenjimll In which case, +1
14:46 marcelr first write a proposed guideline ?
14:46 barton I'll take care of that.
14:46 kidclamp barton++
14:47 ashimema barton++
14:47 ashimema it's great having manual improvements happening again :)
14:48 kidclamp #agreed bug 21858 will be converted a patch for manual, barton will get a guideline for manual submissions drafted
14:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21858 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , RFC: Notices and slips documentation
14:48 marcelr barton++
14:48 kidclamp anything else? or set next meeting?
14:48 barton I'm good. Veni Vidi Documentii
14:49 kidclamp #topci Set time of next meeting
14:49 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
14:49 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 21 November 2018)
14:50 kidclamp December 12? is three weeks, but avoids general meeting overlap, or combine the two on december 5th?
14:50 kidclamp two meetings is too many
14:50 marcelr not on same date
14:50 greenjimll 12th works for me (I assume this will be an evening one in UTC)?
14:51 kidclamp December 12, 20 UTC?
14:51 greenjimll +1
14:51 kidclamp yup, we alternate
14:51 ashimema +1
14:52 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 12 December 2018, 20 UTC
14:52 kidclamp #endmeeting
14:52 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:52 huginn Meeting ended Wed Nov 21 14:52:45 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:52 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-11-21-14.05.html
14:52 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-11-21-14.05.txt
14:52 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]21-14.05.log.html
14:52 kidclamp Thanks all!
14:52 greenjimll Thanks folks!
14:53 ashimema ta
14:54 marcelr did we solve all the bugs?
14:54 cait i hope so :)
14:54 marcelr ashimema: 21774 is for you now
14:55 cait knocked out by a cold again... be back soon
14:55 marcelr cait++
14:55 ashimema ta.. will grab it soon
14:55 ashimema just fighting with SOAP at the minute
14:55 marcelr hopefully for next release
14:55 cait ew
14:56 ashimema it'll certainly be in the next point release
14:56 marcelr great
15:01 marcelr sorry kidclamp ashimema but temporarily moving 21826 to fqa
15:02 kidclamp thanks for looking there
15:02 ashimema ta for looking marcelr :)
15:03 marcelr was forced by kidclamp ;)
15:04 * kidclamp flexes his RM muscles
15:04 marcelr kidclamp++
15:04 marcelr when do you exactly release ?
15:04 marcelr still 26th
15:04 kidclamp 27th
15:05 marcelr ok
15:05 kidclamp we are on holiday after today so will finsih up monday so mirko can do magic
15:06 marcelr let me qa 100 bugs on friday
15:06 kidclamp please!
15:09 jzairo joined #koha
15:10 * ashimema goes on the next school run.. brb
15:16 ithan joined #koha
15:16 ithan having error - 4 signatures not checked due to missing keys
15:17 ithan while adding gpg key - wget -q -O- | sudo apt-key add -
15:17 ithan please help
15:43 oleonard Sorry to have missed the meeting AND to have forgotten to /away myself
15:43 oleonard y'all probably thought I was deliberately ignoring you
15:45 eythian you shoulda seen the backchannel abuse you were getting!
15:46 oleonard I felt a great disturbance in the Force.
15:50 barton millions of bibs screaming out in terror and then were silenced?
15:51 oleonard It was millions of sick burns
16:03 eythian oleonard: and just keep pressing next for more sick elephants
16:07 eythian (i warn you, it eventually devolves into terrible puns.)
16:08 eythian hence I thought it might be your sort of thing.
16:11 oleonard I'm not sure I like what you are insinuating, sir
16:13 paul_p joined #koha
16:18 reiveune bye
16:18 reiveune left #koha
16:20 fridolin left #koha
16:28 tuxayo eythian: I like the humor and visual style, thanks for sharing this ^^
16:28 ashimema +1
16:28 ashimema made me giggle
16:43 Bmagic joined #koha
16:43 mirkh_ joined #koha
16:51 greenjimll Ah, git bz is deciding to not play nicely with SSL certificates on my Kohadevbox. This'll be a fun fix.
16:54 jzairo joined #koha
16:55 oleonard Bug 21758 is a simple template fix... Good quick signoff I hope?
16:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21758 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Navigation in Z39.50 result pages not working in Acquisitions
16:55 dpk_ joined #koha
16:57 Bmagic joined #koha
17:00 greenjimll vagrant provision solves the git bz issue (just in case anyone searches for it in the future and finds this IRC log)
17:34 khall joined #koha
17:41 oleonard khall: Could we get a test plan on Bug 21495?
17:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21495 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Regression in hold override functionality
17:57 oleonard Why does the ILL header menu item appear on some pages and not others?
17:57 cait bug?
17:57 wahanui i think bug is quite fun as it happens randomly, I guess that's why I closed it few months ago
18:11 dpk_ joined #koha
18:17 oleonard Good job wahanui, nice to see you fixing some bugs
18:20 dpk__ joined #koha
18:34 ashimema Hehe
19:08 oleonard My fellow Americans, enjoy your day off tomorrow. I'll be back Tuesday.
19:54 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:01 Freddy_Enrique left #koha
22:00 davidnind left #koha
22:18 irma_ joined #koha
22:42 ithan joined #koha
22:42 ithan hi
22:42 wahanui salut, ithan
22:43 ithan i need help
22:46 ithan when i issue command "wget -q -O- | sudo apt-key add -", i got some messages 4 signatures not checked due to missing keys,  sub  B2A08A65DF7647F2 duplicate signatures removed, 157 signatures not checked due to missing keys, 1 signature not checked due to a missing key ---- is this error ? can we ignore it or need attention --- please help
22:49 ithan hi, wahaniui
22:50 ithan hi wahanui
22:51 alexbuckley joined #koha
22:53 ithan is there anyone to help
23:56 dpk_ joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary