IRC log for #koha, 2018-11-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:34 BobB joined #koha
01:02 Frosty joined #koha
01:34 ibeardslee joined #koha
03:04 laeng joined #koha
03:05 laeng สวัสดี
03:05 laeng ้ร
03:05 laeng hi
03:05 wahanui hey, laeng
03:06 laeng There is a problem creating a callnumber label.
03:06 laeng There is a problem creating a callnumber label.
03:07 laeng joined #koha
03:07 laeng hi
03:07 laeng There is a problem creating a callnumber label.
03:08 kathryn joined #koha
03:08 laeng Everything is set correctly, but it is white.
03:08 laeng Is there a way to fix it?
03:44 BobB joined #koha
04:17 irma_ joined #koha
05:29 skyline joined #koha
06:12 josef_moravec joined #koha
06:20 cait joined #koha
06:20 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:45 fridolin joined #koha
06:45 fridolin hi
07:02 Boost joined #koha
07:38 sophie_m joined #koha
07:41 paul_p joined #koha
07:45 reiveune joined #koha
07:45 reiveune hello
07:45 wahanui privet, reiveune
07:55 alex_a joined #koha
07:55 laurence joined #koha
07:56 alex_a bonjour
07:56 wahanui hello, alex_a
07:56 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:02 paul_p joined #koha
08:03 alex_a joined #koha
08:13 cait joined #koha
08:15 tuxayo hi #koha o/
08:19 andreashm joined #koha
08:25 * andreashm waves
08:26 * cait waves
08:26 andreashm hey cait
08:26 andreashm getting ready to upgrade?
08:27 cait hm?
08:30 magnuse \o/
08:30 * magnuse is doing an upgrade to 18.05 for a customer tomorrow
08:35 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:41 andreashm cait: I thought you where in the process of upgrading? seen you comment a lot about 17.11.11. =)
08:41 andreashm magnuse: good luck
08:51 magnuse andreashm: thanks! already have one customer running it, so not expecting any great surprises
08:51 * magnuse makes a note of bug 21486
08:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21486 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , SIP does not return  checked out (charged) items on patron_information request
08:59 alex_a joined #koha
09:00 Archie^ joined #koha
09:01 Archie^ Good morning everyone
09:01 ashimema Mornin' #koha
09:02 andreashm magnuse: I would keep an eye on the behaviour of MarkLostItemsAsReturned
09:03 andreashm (depending on what you upgrade from)
09:03 andreashm hi ashimema
09:04 ashimema :)
09:11 ashimema andreashm, any opinion on bug 21754
09:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21754 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Needs Signoff , If an item is marked as lost, any outstanding transfers upon it should be automatically cancelled
09:12 ashimema you seemed knowledgable about that area pointing out changes to MarkLostItemsAsReturned ;)
09:12 andreashm ashimema: I have been thinking about that one. trying to come up with a use case for keeping the transfer... but so far hasn't thought of one. =)
09:12 ashimema :)
09:12 * andreashm has been struggling with lost items the last few weeks yes. =)
09:13 ashimema I would really like to QA it today.. but as it's migrated twice now I kinda feel I need a new SO (rather than migrating Owens signoff from the original bug)
09:13 ashimema what's wrong in 18.05 with lost items then?
09:13 andreashm ashimema: the one case I have been thinking about is if the lost item is actually returned... but that would trigger a new transfer (if it is not checked in at the home branch), right?
09:13 ashimema I wasn't aware of any problems.. happy to try and help
09:14 ashimema yup
09:14 * andreashm is on 17.11
09:14 ashimema it should trigger a new transfer
09:14 ashimema I think the thing you'd lose is transfers setup by holds/reserves
09:14 andreashm And have got it sorted now. Kind of. It was bug 20285
09:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20285 minor, P5 - low, ---, kyle, RESOLVED FIXED, Lost item refund won't always pay down lost item fee first
09:15 ashimema but that's where bug 20844 comes in
09:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20844 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, ASSIGNED , Reset a hold when it is missing after allocation
09:17 andreashm ah thanks
09:19 * andreashm goes to look at 21754
09:20 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:23 * ashimema wonders if there's ever a reason one would not want to fire the ItemLost routine after marking an item as lost
09:24 alex_a__ joined #koha
09:26 andreashm ashimema: I'm sure there is some (weird?) use case for that! =)
09:26 ashimema lol
09:26 ashimema quote 123
09:26 ashimema huginn (IRC): quote123
09:26 huginn ashimema: I've exhausted my database of quotes
09:27 ashimema hmm
09:28 magnuse @quote get 123
09:28 huginn magnuse: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
09:28 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
09:29 ashimema thats the one
09:29 ashimema thanks magnuse
09:29 magnuse a key piece of koha lore :-)
09:29 ashimema still feels prone to error to have to manually call LostItem after any case of ModItem around the codebase
09:30 ashimema especially as they seem to often be called a long way apart
09:30 magnuse sounds fragile, yes
09:30 ashimema very odd.. make's QA 'hard'
09:35 Archie^ i'm having trouble understanding what is considered an "item" in terms of KOHA
09:35 Archie^ or libraries for that matter
09:36 ashimema item = 'the thing you're lending.. the physical thing you put on the shelf'
09:36 ashimema library = 'the building the shelves are in'
09:36 Archie^ no i mean i get that
09:37 ashimema caveat.. library 'could' be a small group of buildings if you really wanted it to be
09:37 ashimema so what don't you get? ;)
09:37 Archie^ but what im trying to understand is, how do i specify difference of books in koha that these  are " items " in " library"
09:37 m23 joined #koha
09:41 Archie^ ok i stated my question incorrectly
09:41 Archie^ i have a database of books from a specific library. Now how would i add these books into koha, so koha knows that these are the books from this specific library
09:42 andreashm Is the data in MARC/MARCXML?
09:43 Archie^ it's marcXML. i know that i can upload the data via tools ->  Stage MARC records for import but as far as i understand it will just upload these books into koha without actually mapping them to one specific Library
09:44 Archie^ or do i need to login into koha and on login page i need to select the specific library and it should be enough
09:44 andreashm Yes, you need to add items to these books, an have one field (homebranch) use the branchcode of that library
09:45 ashimema what andreashm said
09:45 andreashm Bibliographic records (what you are uploading) won't connect to a specific branch/library, but items do.
09:45 * ashimema uses from the command line personally.. but it's basically the same thing
09:46 andreashm I think you can add items as 952 fields in the marcxml record, when you import it will be added as an item
09:46 * andreashm might be wrong about the field... seldom adds items to records on import
09:46 Archie^ ashimema: i tried using bulkmarcimport but somehow i cant run it correctly
09:47 Archie^ so that means i have to modify every record in marcxml file ?
09:47 ashimema yup
09:47 ashimema shouldn't be a desperately hard edit though
09:47 ashimema or.. you're old ILS should be able to add items into their export
09:47 ashimema that's how most systems I've worked with do it..
09:47 ashimema there's an option in the export to include items
09:48 Archie^ nah, that old legacy system BARELY supports marcXML, that's why we are migrating to KOHA ;D
09:48 ashimema it's been a long time.. but I vaguely remember it being fairly simple using MarcEdit or similar tools
09:48 Archie^ hmm, yeah good idea, marcedit might do that
09:49 andreashm how many records are we talking about?
09:50 Archie^ ~ 8k
10:00 andreashm Should be doable with MarcEdit then
10:06 andreashm bug 21754
10:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21754 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Signed Off , If an item is marked as lost, any outstanding transfers upon it should be automatically cancelled
10:06 andreashm ashimema: ^^
10:07 ashimema :D
10:07 ashimema thanks.. that'll makes Alex's day :)
10:07 ashimema i'll get onto qa
10:09 cait andreashm++ ashimema++
10:30 paul_p joined #koha
10:31 paul_p joined #koha
10:33 paul_p joined #koha
10:54 ashimema pqa :)
10:58 kohaputti joined #koha
10:58 Archie^ Marc Edit does not understand russian language ;D
10:59 ashimema oh, fun
11:00 Archie^ allright, brb, lunch time
11:00 ashimema ever scripted.. Marc::Record would probably be my next tool.. (actually I would usually start by scripting, but I presumed you were a gui guy 😉 )
11:53 Archie^ nah i'm not into scripting ;D
11:53 Archie^ you are right, i'm 100% gui guy
11:55 kidclamp hello everyone
11:56 Archie^ hi kidclamp
11:59 Archie^ joined #koha
12:01 magnuse kia ora kidclamp
12:02 magnuse gah, i have several servers/instances where the fix from https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]uto_increment_fix does not seem to work...
12:11 Archie^ a damn i had to restart my pc. What was the MARC record for koha to list items ?
12:11 Archie^ ashimema:  ^
12:12 Archie^ ? TRIK
12:12 Archie^ * 952?
12:18 kidclamp that not good magnue
12:18 kidclamp magnuse
12:19 kidclamp Archie 952 is where item information is stored for koha
12:19 kidclamp bug 21777
12:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21777 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Checkouts table in circulation is out of alignment (Bug 21562)
12:19 kidclamp easy sign off, bad bug
12:31 Archie^ right so from what i gathered i need to add encoding ISO 8859 - 4 into marcedit and that's not going to happen any time soon. guess i need to work with developers on this one
12:43 * ashimema needs more :Tea:
12:44 oleonard joined #koha
12:45 oleonard Hi all
12:46 Archie^ hi oleonard
12:46 wahanui hi oleopard
13:02 magnuse Archie^: if you have not seen it, this page will tell you more about the use of 952 for item data: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]data_fields_(9xx)
13:02 magnuse oleonard!
13:02 wahanui it has been said that oleonard is seeing some buggy stuff though
13:02 magnuse the horror!
13:02 * oleonard is used to it.
13:04 cait ashimema: question for you... can you configure more than one shibboleth provider with Koha?
13:04 ashimema yes.. it's done outside of koha itself though
13:05 ashimema the native service provider software supports it for us and we just map the same was we usually do at the koha end
13:06 ashimema you'd need to make sure the mapping.xml for each IdP is setup nicely to map the two different IdP's to a 'nice' overlapping final output which goes to Koha
13:06 * ashimema is scared of writing tests for C4::Breeding now
13:09 paul_p joined #koha
13:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14391: DBRev <[…]03c9fd9acd9bbee1b>
13:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14391: (RM follow-up) Adjust a few template conditions <[…]ecec6117ebb8ca2e7>
13:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14391: (QA follow-up) Correct database update for manage_item_search_fields permi... <[…]379c357516937730c>
13:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14391: Move udpate to perl <[…]847ffe69cc84b02cb>
13:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21619: Expand tax abreviations in acquisitions form hints <[…]3b8d0b724a5c3a777>
13:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14391: Keep parameters_remaining_permissions for now <[…]8f2beea95236f5951>
13:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21474: Add the Koha::Subscription->frequency method <[…]574d979670e18132b>
13:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14391: (QA follow-up) Fix some typos <[…]9aa57e8473539b9dc>
13:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21387: Receive items from - form should include tax hints <[…]96be5ce8c29596b45>
13:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14391: (QA follow-up) Resolve POD warn on svc..systempreferences <[…]b301605a480efac2e>
13:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14391: Add granular permissions to the administration module <[…]2d41985c26f185650>
13:13 marcelr joined #koha
13:16 marcelr hi #koha
13:17 marcelr oleonard: any suggestion for bug 21709 ? did we talk about that before..
13:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21709 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , Addbiblio shows tag editor icons which do nothing
13:19 oleonard We talked about cataloging plugin buttons a while ago, and I thought there was a bug you were working on which was going to lay the groundwork for some changes
13:21 magnuse ooh cait: bug 14391
13:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14391 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Granular permissions for the administration module
13:21 magnuse @confetti!
13:21 huginn magnuse: I've exhausted my database of quotes
13:23 cait confetti!
13:23 wahanui o/`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
13:23 cait yep... now one more.... and I will be a really happy cait :)
13:25 davidnind joined #koha
13:25 marcelr oleonard: somehow nothing happened ;)
13:26 marcelr but if i add a new class for it, would you have some nice styling in mind ?
13:26 marcelr cait++
13:26 oleonard I know I had some work in progress for that, now I have to see if I can find it...
13:27 marcelr would be great
13:29 magnuse automatic renewals - are they supposed to start happening the day after a loan was issued? i would expect them to start when the due date is getting closed. one library that uses them is running out of allowed renewals before the due date is passed...
13:31 magnuse *getting close
13:32 kidclamp you have to set the no renewals before magnuse
13:33 kidclamp that prevents the items from renewing until they have been out a while
13:33 magnuse it is set, at least now. i will double check that it wasn't done very recently
13:34 oleonard kidclamp: We don't have that set at all. What is the recommended value?
13:35 Joubu iirc there is a bug reported for this feature
13:35 Joubu and a patch
13:35 Joubu bug 19014
13:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19014 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Patrons should not get a on_reserve notification if the due date is far into the future
13:36 magnuse also bug 21499
13:36 cait magnuse: set the no renewal before value
13:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21499 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Emails about automatic renewal sent in error
13:36 andreashm joined #koha
13:36 cait magnuse: only allow renewals x days before the due date - so renewals will only start getting tried then
13:36 magnuse cait: it is set, but to the same value as the loan period. could that be a problem?
13:37 cait yes
13:37 cait that#s immediately
13:37 cait we have something between 2-5 days
13:37 magnuse ah...
13:37 cait so 2 days before the loan period ends... you can renew
13:38 oleonard cait: I don't understand how that affects automatic renewals
13:38 cait it affects both, normal and automatic
13:39 cait the auto-renewal checks like the normal ones if a renewal is possible (yet) and if not, it doesn't happen
13:39 cait so in theory if you have it not set, the user can check out an item and go immediately to the opac and renew the item
13:39 cait depending on how you calculate the the due date
13:40 magnuse that made things a lot clearer for me!
13:40 cait they either get a much nicer due_date immediately (which makes renewals kind of nonsense) or they lose a renewal attempt because the same date will be caluclated
13:40 magnuse cait++ Joubu++
13:40 cait so you can choose to let them only renew a certain time period before things are due and negate those effects
13:40 * cait hopes that makes sense
13:42 cait kidclamp++
13:43 oleonard So without "no renewal before" set, automatic renewals renew everything every day?
13:43 cait i'd think so
13:43 Guest2299 Project Koha_Master_U18 build #86: STILL UNSTABLE in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U18/86/
13:44 oleonard cait: It doesn't appear to be working that way for us in production
13:45 magnuse oleonard: from the docs: "Items can be renewed at any time if this value is left blank. Otherwise items can only be renewed if the item is due after the number in units (days/hours) entered in this box."[…]circulation-rules
13:45 Guest2299 Project Koha_Master_D9 build #597: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/597/
13:46 oleonard magnuse: But do automatic renewals follow that rule? It doesn't appear that they do, assuming the our automatic renewal process runs nightly.
13:46 cait oleonard: did you check the number of renewals on some items? shoudl be easy to see from there
13:46 cait oleonard: i know they used to, one of our libraries developed the initial auto-renew
13:46 cait i am not sure what might have changed, but it was definitely like that
13:47 thd joined #koha
13:49 oleonard In our production system, running 17.11.10, we have automatic renewals with no "no renewal before" value set for any item type. An item I checked out on 2018-10-12 has been automatically renewed once, on 2018-10-26
13:49 Joubu cait: I think bug 14391 caused the last Jenkins failure
13:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14391 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Granular permissions for the administration module
13:49 Joubu https://jenkins.koha-community[…]18/86/consoleFull
13:49 oleonard That matches our 14 day checkout period.
13:49 andreashm we have a ridiculous high numer for no renewals before
13:49 Joubu cait: koha_1       | An element could not be located on the page using the given search parameters: //div[@class="main container-fluid"]//a[contains(@href, "/admin/")],xpath at /kohadevbox/koha/t/lib/ line 160.
13:49 Joubu cait: koha_1       | SCREENSHOT:
13:50 Archie^ am i am the only one who has a "column_23" in table branches?
13:50 Joubu the link "Patron categories" is not displayed
13:51 magnuse oleonard: i don't know how it behaves with a 2-5 day value for "no renewal before", but i will find out :-)
13:52 Guest2299 Project Koha_Master_D8 build #93: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D8/93/
13:52 magnuse andreashm: how high is ridiculous, and how does it behave then?
13:52 oleonard The issue we're having with automatic renewals is that the "item due" notice seems to go out *just* before the automatic renewal goes through :P
13:52 andreashm magnuse: 999
13:52 andreashm It doesn't renew until the due date
13:54 andreashm I'm not sure why we don't have 0 instead. Should be the same result
13:54 georgew joined #koha
13:54 oleonard Archie^: I hope you're the only one :|
13:55 Archie^ can someone check? ;D don't remember me creating it
13:56 oleonard Archie^: I don't.
13:56 Archie^ cool then it's safe to remove. Tnx oleonard
13:58 * cait waves
13:59 cait Joubu: UGH
14:00 cait magnuse: andreashm: the difference could be something like "" vs. NULL vs. 9
14:00 cait um 0
14:00 cait Joubu: i will look into fixing it after the meeting
14:01 kidclamp I got it cait, easy fix
14:01 cait ok thx!
14:01 cait another typo?
14:01 andreashm cait: yeah, possibly
14:02 cait meeting now?
14:02 andreashm meeting?
14:03 cait next meetings?
14:03 cait irc meetings?
14:03 oleonard Yeah I could meeting.
14:03 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14391: (follow-up) check for correct patron categories permission <[…]4c1a74a238275fe1c>
14:03 cait hm wahanui
14:03 andreashm sleeping on the job wahanui?
14:03 kidclamp #startmeeting General IRC meeting 7 November 2018
14:03 huginn Meeting started Wed Nov  7 14:03:50 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
14:03 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
14:03 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_7_november_2018'
14:03 kidclamp #topic Introductions
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
14:04 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:04 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:04 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize - PTFS Europe
14:04 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWaterSolutions
14:04 andreashm #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library
14:04 kidclamp #chair cait
14:04 huginn Current chairs: cait kidclamp
14:04 kidclamp #chair Joubu
14:04 huginn Current chairs: Joubu cait kidclamp
14:04 georgew #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
14:04 Joubu qa_team?
14:04 Joubu wahanui: ?
14:04 wahanui i don't know, joubu
14:04 AndrewIsh #info Andrew Isherwood, PTFS Europe
14:04 Joubu rmaints?
14:04 wahanui hmmm... rmaints is ashimema and fridolin are the rmaints
14:05 Joubu wahanui: qa_team?
14:05 wahanui joubu: wish i knew
14:05 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre France
14:05 fridolin hé bonjour
14:05 cait memory loss?
14:05 cait Rmaints?
14:05 wahanui it has been said that Rmaints is ashimema and fridolin are the rmaints
14:05 cait Qa_team
14:05 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:05 kidclamp QAteam?
14:05 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:06 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
14:06 kidclamp ppor wahanui
14:06 cait qa?
14:06 cait davidnind: sleep walking?
14:07 ashimema qa team
14:07 fridolin davidnind nice to see you :D
14:07 kidclamp alex_a, jajm, marcelr, khall, tcohen, josefmoravec, ashimema,rangi
14:07 alex_a joined #koha
14:07 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_7_November_2018
14:07 davidnind cait: feels like it!  Keep on waking up at ridiculous times!
14:07 kidclamp #topic Announcements
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
14:07 davidnind hi fridolin!
14:07 ashimema wahanui (IRC): qa team
14:07 wahanui qa team are the real gatekeepers, send cookies their way
14:07 * cait shrugs
14:08 cait he is not that wrong.... coooookies
14:08 kidclamp anybody have announcements?
14:08 ashimema feature slush ;)
14:09 kidclamp yup
14:09 georgew koha-US has a meeting today at 16:30 UTC
14:09 cait #info koha-US has a meeting today at 16:30 UTC
14:09 georgew I had the link a second ago.  hold on.
14:10 cait #info We have reached feature slush last Friday, going into feature freeze this Friday
14:10 oleonard I don't know the dates of the release stages... Don't see them on the calendar.... So feature freeze is when? String freeze?
14:10 * cait hopes that was right
14:10 cait oleonard: there as an email to the list sec
14:10 kidclamp #info Koha Development IRC meeting later today as well
14:10 * ashimema sent a long message:  <[…]JmrvZSUhIwPPOTIQH >
14:11 cait long message thing
14:11 kidclamp sorry oleonard , i got your later and did not get them set there
14:11 Joubu November   9 - Feature freeze - only bugfixes will pushed after this - 1st draft of release notes
14:11 cait Sep 25, 2018; 12:06pm Koha 18.11 Dates
14:11 Joubu November 16 - String Freeze - 2nd draft of release notes
14:11 Joubu November 27 - Release
14:11 ashimema Joubu, you're the calandar gatekeeper aren't you.? can those be added?
14:11 Joubu yep
14:12 cait #action Joubu to add release/freeze dates to calendar
14:12 * ashimema thinks his irc client is playing up again..
14:12 Archie^ Does Koha has any tablespace for ISIL codes of Libraries?
14:12 kidclamp moving on?
14:12 ashimema Archie^ We're in a meeting right now.. any change you could ask your question again in half hour or so?
14:12 cait Archie^: the column from earlier - only you. we put the ISIL as branchcode, MarcOrgCode is also the isil usually
14:12 caroline joined #koha
14:12 cait and meeting :)
14:12 caroline good morning!
14:13 oleonard Hi caroline, welcome to the meeting
14:13 kidclamp #topic Update on releases
14:13 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
14:13 kidclamp fridolin
14:13 wahanui i think fridolin is indeed, but maybe not on Rmain 18.11
14:13 fridolin caroline: bien le bonjour
14:13 oleonard Joubu++
14:13 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro
14:13 Archie^ sorry, yes
14:13 ashimema Nothing major to report..
14:14 * fridolin preparing 17.11.12 release, nothing special
14:14 ashimema I'm just cathcing up on my rmaint queue at the moment after spending a couple of weeks before the freeze on qa/so
14:14 cait password recovery with email is broken in 17.11.11
14:14 fridolin i will continue RMaint 17.11.x after 18.11 release
14:14 fridolin ah yes cait wich bug nb ?
14:14 kidclamp #info Stable releases moving as usual
14:15 fridolin Bug 21771
14:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21771 major, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Password recovery is broken (see 20023)
14:15 ashimema :)
14:15 kidclamp #info ahsimema catching up after focusing on so/qa for master
14:15 cait bug 21771
14:15 cait too slow :)
14:15 ashimema :boring: rmaints.. it's good to be boring :)
14:15 lukeG joined #koha
14:15 kidclamp #info bug 21771 is needed for stab;e
14:15 fridolin ashimema: tell me when you push it
14:16 fridolin i will read your release note to see i have all major+ bugs
14:16 kidclamp already mentioned, 18.11 is in slush, freeze on Friday. I will be out Friday so pushing things is my priority now
14:16 ashimema will do fridolin
14:16 kidclamp Please focus on bugs to fix jenkins and get blockers/criticals/majors cleaned up
14:17 kidclamp Lots of good things to get in, but lots of cleanup to be done as well :-)
14:17 fridolin yep, had one jenkins failure because of Bug 21396
14:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21396 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Missing use statements in Koha::Account
14:17 fridolin i reverted it
14:17 kivilahtio joined #koha
14:17 fridolin i mean i did not backport in the end
14:18 fridolin strange circular dependancy issue
14:18 fridolin Joubu: if you can look ^
14:18 kidclamp #info kidclamp is pushing to master, tryiing to clear the queue, needs help in moving along bugs to fix jenkins failures and bugs needed for release
14:18 Joubu fridolin: Fixed already
14:18 kidclamp bug 21526
14:18 wahanui bug 21526 is going to make me rebase all oleonard's patches again isn't it :|
14:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21526 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , TT variables used to build a link should be uri filtered
14:19 oleonard Well you could make me rebase them kidclamp
14:19 Joubu About 18.11, I'd like to note that QA members and other tech guys should take a look at bug 21610 and bug 21526.
14:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21610 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Koha::Object->store needs to handle incorrect values
14:19 cait save the time of the RM...
14:19 cait more things pushed, there are really some goodies in that queue
14:19 marcelr could 21610 still make it then ?
14:19 marcelr thought it was for the next cycle
14:19 ashimema 21610 is on my list to revist after this meeting :)
14:20 Joubu marcelr: I'd say it depends on feedback we get
14:20 kidclamp if we had consensus and well tested I would consider - if not it is priority for next release
14:20 kidclamp what Joubu said :-)
14:21 kidclamp bug 21770
14:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21770 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, Signed Off , t::lib::QA::TemplateFilters should allow html_entity in href
14:21 kidclamp ^ to fix jenkins
14:21 kidclamp that's all i got for now
14:22 kidclamp #topic Roles for 19.05 - Elections!
14:22 Topic for #koha is now Roles for 19.05 - Elections! (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
14:22 lukeG_ joined #koha
14:22 cait we are missing 2 - translation manager and rmaint 18.05
14:22 ashimema I looked at bug 21770 earlier.. was just debating which version to lean towards.
14:22 kidclamp is  bernardo out? or just didn't sign up?
14:23 ashimema both have merrits.. I think I'm leaning towards Joubu's version at the moment
14:23 cait I've had some trouble reaching him lately
14:23 cait I don't know if it's by mistake or not
14:23 cait tcohen: ?
14:23 Joubu He was late last release as well
14:24 Joubu (trying to reach him)
14:24 kidclamp can we ask tcohen or someone to reach out and tentatively vote him in?
14:25 cait maybe resolve next meetingß
14:25 cait and pretend he stays on until a successor is found or we hear back
14:25 Joubu we do not have another choice anyway
14:25 caroline I vote for waiting until we hear back
14:26 kidclamp 18.05 maint, any volunteers?
14:27 cait let's have another meeting for that in a week or so? and another call on mailing list
14:27 marcelr seems a good idea to me
14:27 fridolin would be cool to have someone new
14:27 cait true
14:27 cait and second oldest is a good one to start with
14:28 ashimema :)
14:28 fridolin :)
14:28 ashimema would be good to get new blood involved :)
14:28 fridolin if its realy needed i could do it with 17.11 but I'd like to change
14:29 ashimema happy to share all I've learned this cycle (and the old bregade are here to help still too I'm sure)
14:29 ashimema if pushed, we could perhaps share it fridolin?
14:29 fridolin indeed
14:29 ashimema hard to commit fully.. but lets see if we can get some new blood first
14:30 fridolin let see what comes
14:30 ashimema who do we want to send out a chaser email for those two roles?
14:30 kidclamp #action kidclamp will email list to ask for volunteers for needed roles, will schedule special meeting for vote in a week
14:30 kidclamp :-D
14:30 ashimema I sent the last chaser
14:30 kidclamp i took it ashimema
14:30 ashimema brill
14:30 kidclamp beyond that, can we vote on the remaining in a single call? or wait until next week and do the whole shebang
14:31 * ashimema thinks we can vote on whats there and just leave to the two missing ones to next meeting
14:31 Joubu kidclamp: I did not find your proposal
14:32 cait yeah, don't let people jump off now :)
14:32 kidclamp that's true - same as before, but finish the things I did not and work on community involvement? I can write more if you wish
14:33 cait +1 for one vote
14:33 * ashimema is happy to link to your 18.11 proposal for you if it's the same..
14:33 * ashimema is happy for you to 'continue as before'
14:33 andreashm lets vote
14:33 kidclamp yes, mainly the same, except now I know how muich time it takes, and am slightly better at it
14:34 marcelr its more or less everything statys the same
14:34 * oleonard would like kidclamp
14:34 oleonard 's continuing reign to include more fire and brimstone
14:35 marcelr like critical bugs and so ?
14:35 kidclamp okay, lemme phrase this
14:35 Guest2299 Project Koha_Master_D9 build #598: STILL UNSTABLE in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/598/
14:35 cait ... as a question
14:35 Guest2299 Project Koha_Master_U18 build #87: STILL UNSTABLE in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U18/87/
14:35 cait i could never come up with one .)
14:36 marcelr do we agree on .. ?
14:36 kidclamp #startvote Do we vote to accept the roles for 19.05 as proposed on the wiki page "Roles for 19.05" with the exception of Translation manager" and "18.05 Maintainer" to be voted on their own special meeting in a week? Yes, No, Abstain
14:36 huginn Begin voting on: Do we vote to accept the roles for 19.05 as proposed on the wiki page "Roles for 19.05" with the exception of Translation manager" and "18.05 Maintainer" to be voted on their own special meeting in a week? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Abstain.
14:36 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:36 kidclamp #vote Yes
14:36 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_19.05 Roles for 19.05
14:36 Joubu #vote yes
14:36 caroline #vote Yes
14:36 oleonard #vote Yes
14:37 ashimema #vote yes
14:37 andreashm #vote Yes
14:37 marcelr #vote Yes
14:37 Joubu Note that I ask for push permissions!
14:37 davidnind #vote Yes
14:37 tcohen #vote yes
14:37 thd #vote yes
14:37 georgew #vote Yes
14:37 marcelr didnt you have them already ? joubu
14:37 ashimema #vote Yes
14:37 AndrewIsh #vote Yes
14:37 cait #vote yes
14:37 tcohen marcelr: formally
14:37 cait #vote Yes
14:37 Joubu marcelr: I do not think so, if I have them I did not use them this release
14:37 cait not sure if that's case sensitive
14:38 kidclamp last call
14:38 ashimema me either.. hense the double vote ;)
14:38 cait yes.. please not we are not trying to cheat :)
14:38 * ashimema wonders what tcohen just said formeally for?
14:38 kidclamp #endvote
14:38 huginn Voted on "Do we vote to accept the roles for 19.05 as proposed on the wiki page "Roles for 19.05" with the exception of Translation manager" and "18.05 Maintainer" to be voted on their own special meeting in a week?" Results are
14:38 huginn Yes (13): Joubu, andreashm, davidnind, thd, AndrewIsh, georgew, oleonard, ashimema, marcelr, kidclamp, cait, tcohen, caroline
14:39 kidclamp heh, unanimous
14:39 oleonard huginn: Has cait been sent to prison for voter fraud?
14:39 huginn oleonard: downloading the Perl source
14:39 ashimema :)
14:39 kidclamp #info roles for 19.05 are accepted with translation manager and 18.05 maint tbd
14:39 marcelr kidclamp: i propose to send the patch for 18.11 release team on master; as i did last versions
14:40 marcelr it must be done still
14:40 kidclamp #topic MIscellaneous
14:40 Topic for #koha is now MIscellaneous (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
14:40 * ashimema likes that there's a good list of topic experts there and intends to throw work their way when he needs QA help ;)
14:40 kidclamp thanks marcel
14:40 kidclamp anyone have anything for Misc?
14:40 cait ah
14:40 cait yes
14:41 Joubu I do too.
14:41 cait For elastic search, the next one we need is bug 19893
14:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19893 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, glasklas, Needs Signoff , Alternative optimized indexing for Elasticsearch
14:41 cait i talked to Ere, he said it's the next one we need to go in - so advertising it a bit
14:42 cait we currently have some libraries using Elasticsearc, but none on a released version
14:42 cait thy all use additional patches that haven't been included yet
14:42 cait I think we should work towards fixing that
14:42 kidclamp I would love to get all the big es fixes in for 19.05 (would have loved for 18.11 )
14:42 ashimema agreed
14:42 cait not everyone has in-house devs capable to do that .)
14:43 marcelr just mentioning bug 21336 here for the next cycle too (gdpr)
14:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21336 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , GDPR: Handle unsubscribe requests automatically by optional (administrative) lock, anonymize and remove
14:43 * ashimema needs to get back on top of his rmaint queue.. but then intends to get back to ES.. likely not quick enough for this cycle though.. 19.05 early I reckon
14:44 cait just trying to give some direction - there is a lot with elastic and we need to get them in in some sensible sequence
14:44 kidclamp mayeb this is conversation for the dev meeting?
14:44 ashimema agreed
14:44 cait yep sorry
14:45 cait Joubu?
14:45 wahanui i think Joubu is kidding, right ;)
14:45 Joubu But I did not think about it closely, so it will be messy. I would like people to think about how we could improve our communication. I think we are missing a tool/channel to keep track of 1. the urgent topics/bug# we need to focus on and 2. the tasks affected to someone. IRC (laters or pm) and bugzilla comments are not sufficient, at least for me.
14:45 Joubu I'd people to think a bit about it, then maybe we could discuss that later during the dev meeting
14:45 ashimema would be good to agree some shared targets for next release.. I can see a few patterns emarging right near the end of this cycle.. be good to keep the pressure on those for early next cycle
14:45 kidclamp Joubu++
14:46 cait an issue is that after release things tend to get quiet
14:46 cait losing momentum again
14:46 cait not good .)
14:46 ashimema Joubu++
14:46 cait shoudl we info?
14:46 Guest2299 Project Koha_Master_D8 build #94: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D8/94/
14:46 ashimema yes
14:46 Joubu we need different views: the "big things" (who/what/when), the release things, and the urgent things
14:47 cait maybe another go with taigo?
14:47 Joubu I suggested taiga, and I still think it's a tool we need. But I am open to anything else
14:47 marcelr it didnt work
14:47 cait can someone summarize for info? i am struggling
14:47 * ashimema uses the dashboard as a part of his workflow.. perhaps we could extend it a little to help keep dev team on the same page a bit more?
14:47 cait the docs team is using it
14:47 ashimema talk next meeting
14:47 cait yes
14:48 thd Do we have no alternative to the CPU wastage of Tagia?
14:48 * ashimema fins taiga hard to work with personally
14:48 Joubu I think people did not really try it
14:48 ashimema I tried
14:48 marcelr i thought that we concluded that yet another tool was too much for a lot of people
14:48 Joubu read the wiki page as well?
14:48 ashimema I found I was using alot of time just trying to navigate it.. perhaps I need some lessons
14:48 kidclamp #info We need a method of organizing priorities and who is handling them during the release, taiga is a possibility, but we need a tool all will use, please consider and discuss at next meeting(s)
14:48 caroline I could do a short tutorial for taiga?
14:49 Joubu I do not need "lot of people", I just want few people, the active ones
14:49 Joubu we are less than 10
14:49 Joubu ... or 6
14:49 thd I quite like Taiga except for its consumption of system resources with unnecessary JavaScript.
14:49 ashimema agreed.. only needs to be the real core folks really
14:49 Joubu working on a daily basis on bug fixes, tests, etc.
14:49 kidclamp have the taiga link handy Joubu?
14:50 ashimema not 'invitation only'.. but not hugely promoted either.. agreed upon by a core group I think
14:50 cait sounds good
14:50 Joubu thd: please stop
14:50 cait some place to list urgent tasks and for people to grab them=
14:50 cait ?
14:50 Joubu[…]m-1711/wiki/about
14:50 cait ok, ending meeting quickly? :)
14:50 kidclamp #link[…]m-1711/wiki/about Taiga for koha
14:51 kidclamp #topic Next meeting
14:51 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
14:51 kidclamp one week? to vote for things
14:51 cait yes
14:51 cait quick one
14:51 ashimema +1
14:51 kidclamp November 14, 14:00 UCT?
14:52 marcelr depends on reactions?
14:52 cait having a deadline before release would be good I think
14:52 cait we can still postpone
14:52 oleonard +1
14:52 ashimema lets try for that date.. we can't go on indefinitely if there is no feedback we need to reconsider our position
14:53 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 14 November 2018, 14 UTC
14:53 kidclamp #endmeeting
14:53 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:53 huginn Meeting ended Wed Nov  7 14:53:41 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:53 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-11-07-14.03.html
14:53 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-11-07-14.03.txt
14:53 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]07-14.03.log.html
14:53 kidclamp see you all later today ?
14:53 * cait pushes kidclamp back to pushing ;)
14:53 * cait sends cookies
14:54 cait how many hours to next?
14:54 * ashimema aims to be at the dev meeting
14:54 oleonard 6 hours to dev meeting?
14:54 ashimema kids permitting
14:54 cait ok
14:54 cait thx oleonard
14:56 marcelr kidclamp++
14:57 oleonard kidclamp++
14:57 davidnind kidclamp++
14:57 ashimema koha++
14:57 kidclamp koha++
14:57 ashimema community++
14:58 thd Joubu: I do not comment merely to be difficult.  However, I did not grasp in the moment that the reason which some people have been reluctant to use Taiga was unrelated to my primary difficulty which I have had with it.
15:02 ashimema I wonder about the issues functionality of gitlab?
15:02 ashimema I've not played with it much.. but it does Kanban and assignments
15:02 ashimema not sure how open/closed it can be
15:03 * ashimema takes a look as an alternative.. worth pondering
15:03 oleonard Good idea ashimema
15:03 eythian you could create a private repo for that sort of admin stuff if that was what you wanted.
15:03 caroline if you just need kanban and assignments, there's also Trello which is pretty simple and straightforward
15:03 ashimema indeed
15:04 eythian non-free though
15:04 caroline really? I've used it for free...
15:04 caroline maybe I just don,t have a big team
15:04 eythian as in, it's not free software like koha is
15:05 ashimema I like trello.. but I'm sure I've heard people here being a bit negative about it?
15:05 caroline oh like open source
15:05 caroline no I don't think it's open source
15:05 ashimema yeah.. I thought gitlab started more open than it is now
15:05 eythian well, free software, pedantically :) it's a bit different.
15:05 eythian
15:05 ashimema trello is definately closed
15:05 ashimema and very walled garden now
15:06 eythian I think gitlab has their enterprisy stuff which is some sort of closed, but I don't know the details.
15:06 thd ashimema: What are the particular reasons which have made you reluctant to use Taiga?
15:06 ashimema performance wasn't an issue.. I just found it hard to navigate.. I never built up enough of an understanding of it to have a clear workflow
15:08 caroline What I've never found on Taiga is a list of what is assigned to me
15:09 thd It was on a very limited system where I found performance to be an issue which I would not expect to be a problem for most active contributors.
15:09 ashimema what's your take on GitlabCE then eythian ?
15:11 * oleonard wonders if GitLab issues could replace Bugzilla
15:12 cait caroline: i think i had that
15:12 cait on the start page?
15:12 ashimema hehe
15:12 eythian I don't really have much of an opinion just due to not having really used it deeply. We run gitlab at work (I think it's EE), and I have some things on Beyond that, I've not used it much.
15:12 * ashimema doesn't think bugzilla is going anywhere any time soon.. as much as he feels there are nicer workflows out there
15:12 thd Any problems I had with navigation I attributed to performance on my most portable system simply because of a giant lag in responsiveness with Taiga on that system.
15:12 caroline cait: is it the "working on" list?
15:14 cait hm don't have my taiga account on hand
15:14 oleonard ashimema: I noticed that GitLab has a sub-feature of Issues called "Boards," and it made me think that there might be something there.
15:14 cait i might be
15:14 cait it might be the one i meant
15:15 ashimema prime example of confusion with taiga.. I can edit a wiki page and I can see that I was the last person to edit it..
15:15 ashimema but I can't see how to look at a revision history or see what I edited
15:16 ashimema aha.. found it..
15:16 ashimema it's in a collapsed 'activity' box that looks like a comments stream
15:17 ashimema it just feels a bit painful to use.. needs a UX person to make it more consistent I think
15:17 ashimema moving on
15:17 thd I think that the main problem for project management tools is that the free software community has mostly allowed themselves to be lured into using non-free or non-community based free tools for the task and their has not yet been a priority to create great features for the task as free software.
15:19 irma_ joined #koha
15:21 caroline is there a synonym for "free software" in the sense that you use it? Googling "free software task management" returns free as in 0$, not as in freedom
15:22 thd 'Open source' is not properly a synonym, however, it is commonly used as one.
15:22 eythian usually open source gets you the right results, as annoying as that is to purists :)
15:23 thd Common usage becomes meaning over time even if we have a more subtle knowledge with etymology.
15:23 caroline ok so -now- i'm allowed to use open source? ;)
15:24 thd I like FOSS or FLOSS.
15:24 eythian sometimes pragmatism must triumph
15:25 thd 'Open source' definitely won the marketing battle for 'free software' which is why the 'open source' campaign was created in the first place.
15:26 PeanutButterWoman joined #koha
15:26 * ashimema has forgotten what the L stands for in FLOSS
15:26 oleonard Libre
15:27 ashimema Ta
15:27 caroline From the link eythian sent earlier : " To understand the concept, you should think of “free” as in “free speech,” not as in “free beer”.  We sometimes call it “libre software,” borrowing the French or Spanish word for “free” as in freedom, to show we do not mean the software is gratis. "
15:27 thd GPL and AGPL are also helpful query terms for free software.  Querying for other licenses such as Apache or MIT tend to pollute the results.
15:28 caroline language is fun :)
15:31 thd s/tend/tends/ :)
15:37 greenjimll joined #koha
15:43 marcelr Joubu: 20819 amazing?
15:44 marcelr or just a mistake?
15:49 Joubu marcelr: I do not understand
15:50 Joubu ha, better with context
15:51 Joubu marcelr: what does it display? I have nothing in my DB to test...
15:51 marcelr yeah i added some patron::consent add statements before it
15:52 marcelr my $consent = $builder->build_object({ class => 'Koha::Patron::Consents' }); in  a loop
15:52 Joubu can you post the full working script?
15:52 marcelr sure
15:53 marcelr on bugzilla
15:54 marcelr played a bit with 100 and 1000 to speed up
15:55 Ladybird joined #koha
15:57 marcelr htg bye #koha
16:02 Joubu Bernardo answered "Yes, If there are no other candidates"
16:02 ashimema :)
16:03 reiveune bye
16:03 reiveune left #koha
16:04 laurence left #koha
16:11 tuxayo QA question: how to handle multiple values of a syspref in the code? (future values, in particular)
16:11 tuxayo[…]804a66c0c9b_61_60
16:23 fridolin see u all tomorow
16:23 fridolin left #koha
16:24 Joubu tuxayo: console.log?
16:34 tuxayo Joubu (IRC): thanks, that's better than silently ignoring or throwing an horrible alert()
16:35 Joubu maybe you should fallback to a value
16:35 Joubu and print it to the console
16:39 tuxayo Joubu (IRC): Indeed, that will avoid unexepected behavoir.
16:47 caroline dummy question : what is the difference between an API and a REST API? Is it a subcategory of API?
16:52 caroline Also, are there current uses of Koha's REST API that would make it easy for someone non-technical to understand what an API does?
16:54 cait left #koha
17:22 cait joined #koha
17:27 cait kidclamp: need help with something urgent?
17:27 kidclamp ?
17:27 cait the one you asked about earlier
17:28 kidclamp in a meeting, not sure what you mean cait
17:28 cait bug 21777
17:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21777 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Checkouts table in circulation is out of alignment (Bug 21562)
17:28 cait i'll qa it now
17:28 kidclamp ah yes, would like to clear that up
17:29 kidclamp needs 21775 too
17:32 davidnind caroline: a REST API is a type of API (this article might be useful[…]non-programmers/)
17:33 cait Joubu: around?
17:33 cait bug 21777 doesn't apply for me
17:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21777 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Checkouts table in circulation is out of alignment (Bug 21562)
17:33 cait sha1 useless...
17:33 cait some unnamed dependency maybe?
17:34 cait ... in the comment... argh.
17:35 Joubu cait: There are patches for 18.11 and master, and they are on the same file. So I cannot provide all the combinations
17:35 Joubu s/cannot/am lazy to/
17:35 Joubu let push to master, then will see for stable branches
17:36 cait ?
17:36 cait my issue was looking at the depends field instead of the comments :)
17:37 cait but now i got another problem - i have no idea how to run selenium tests
17:37 cait no test plan
17:37 cait and jut prove doesn't work
17:38 cait
17:51 cait Joubu: ^
17:53 Joubu hum... some of my messages have been lost it seems
17:53 Joubu see t/db_dependent/selenium/basic_workflow.t
17:53 Joubu there is a step-by-step procedure to run them
17:53 Joubu cait: ^
18:08 cait I'll try again after dinner
18:51 davidnind left #koha
18:53 kess joined #koha
19:00 cait hm
19:00 cait should kohadevbox not have this stuff preset?
19:00 cait tcohen: selenium tests ... kohadevbox? :)
19:02 kidclamp https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]m_with_Koha#cait: KohaDevBox
19:05 cait aha!
19:06 tcohen hi cait
19:06 cait ah my file is too old, doesn't have this entries yet
19:07 tcohen diff them
19:08 cait do i want to uncomment the selenium url?
19:11 tcohen no
19:12 tcohen that's only if you're trying to test a different selenium version
19:12 tcohen not for general use
19:12 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "Joubu: WTF" (64 lines) at
19:18 cait thx
19:19 tcohen cait: you usually don't need to change versions or URLs
19:20 tcohen we do it the more general we can to ease tweaking later
19:30 cait hm
19:30 cait still failing the tests
19:30 cait but got further
19:31 cait t/db_dependent/selenium/regressions.t .. Could not create new session: Unable to connect to host on port 7055 after 45000 ms. Firefox console output:
19:31 cait i did start it in another terminal
19:31 cait and running the test in kshell
19:31 cait first i changed the .yml
19:31 cait and then ran up with provision
19:32 cait
19:32 cait Joubu: tcohen
19:47 Dyrcona joined #koha
19:49 kmlussier joined #koha
20:00 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:02 alexbuckley hi all
20:02 caroline hi alexbuckley!
20:04 oleonard Hi alexbuckley
20:04 alexbuckley :)
20:13 tcohen bye!
20:20 irma_ joined #koha
20:21 snail joined #koha
20:22 andreashm joined #koha
20:28 oleonard Bye #koha
20:52 ashimema hola
20:52 wahanui bidet, ashimema
20:54 alexbuckley hi ashimema, many thanks to you and andreashm for the testing and QA's :)
20:56 kidclamp meeting!
20:57 ashimema no worries :)
20:58 ashimema lets keep the momentum.. maybe chill or a week on the enhancements whilst we concentrate on stability and bugfixes ;)
20:58 ashimema but then lets get back to it.. don't want to let those enhancements go cold again
20:58 ashimema hi kidclamp
20:58 alexbuckley agreed :)
20:58 ashimema meeting?
20:58 kidclamp hi ashimema
20:59 kidclamp 2 minutes
20:59 ashimema hee
20:59 ashimema did we not used ot have meeting countdown stuff done by a bot
20:59 ashimema or am I thiking of another channel?
21:00 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018
21:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Nov  7 21:00:20 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
21:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
21:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_7_november_2018'
21:00 kidclamp #topic Introductions
21:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
21:00 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
21:00 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
21:01 andreashm #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library
21:01 alexbuckley #info Alex Buckley, Catalyst IT NZ
21:01 thd joined #koha
21:02 ashimema quiet tonight
21:02 kidclamp dual meeting days
21:02 ashimema apologies.. this morning for alexbuckley
21:02 thd Is there not a meeting now?
21:02 oleonard joined #koha
21:02 kidclamp there is thd
21:02 ashimema yes, yes there is thd
21:03 kidclamp #topic Announcements
21:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
21:03 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
21:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
21:04 kidclamp #info We are in feature slush, freeze is approaching
21:04 kidclamp Anyone else?
21:04 ashimema no Joubu?
21:04 kidclamp seems no
21:05 ashimema nothing from me for anouncements
21:05 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (18.11)
21:05 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (18.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
21:05 kidclamp I mentioned slush/freeze
21:05 kidclamp working on pushing things
21:05 kidclamp help is appreciated for bugs and keeping jenkins happy
21:05 ashimema Hows the queue looking.. are you confident of getting through it before freeze?
21:06 kidclamp I got voted for a second term,  will continune reign of terror
21:06 kidclamp Lot in the queue, will do my best to clean it up, busy day
21:06 ashimema :)
21:06 kidclamp I think we can get it done
21:07 oleonard Agenda: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_7_November_2018
21:07 ashimema I'll try to keep more of an eye on Jenkins than usual and offer a hand
21:07 kidclamp that's all for me
21:08 kidclamp #info working on queue, keep jenkins happy, release is going to be greay
21:08 kidclamp great
21:08 kidclamp and it won't have typos
21:08 greenjimll #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
21:08 kidclamp #topic
21:08 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
21:08 kidclamp #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
21:08 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
21:08 kidclamp ashimema fridolin?
21:09 ashimema #info Working through my rmaint queue after a couple of weeks of concentrating on SO/QA before feature slush... slowly catching back up.
21:09 kidclamp also, looking for an 18.05 maintainer - if you ever wanted to get your hands dirty, now is a good time
21:10 kidclamp #info RMaints spoke this morning in general. things are moving along nicely, a few big bugs
21:10 ashimema it's been a great learning experience for me this cycle.. and I've been mad enough to offer stable branch rmaint again.
21:10 kidclamp stable is the hard one, lots of rebasing :-)
21:10 kidclamp especially this  release
21:11 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
21:11 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
21:11 kidclamp I don't think we have most of the team here
21:11 ashimema #info 18.05.x is looking for an rmaint for next cycle, I'd love to pass it on to a new happy owner (and will support as best I can)
21:11 ashimema Mmm.. pretty spares on the QA team front tonight
21:12 kidclamp Joubu mentioned wanting to find an organizational tool this morning - if anyone has any thoughts it would be helpful
21:12 greenjimll what sort of organizational tool?
21:12 greenjimll project planner?
21:12 kidclamp taiga was proposed last release, but it didn't catch on
21:13 ashimema I think on the qa front cait just wanted to thank everyone for their efforts the last couple of weeks.. we've got loads done (sorry kidclamp for filling your queue to the brim)
21:13 kidclamp something to track the big things happening and who is doing what
21:13 kidclamp qateam++
21:13 kidclamp full queue = full release
21:15 kidclamp moving on?
21:15 ashimema go for it I reckon
21:15 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
21:15 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
21:15 kidclamp #info      Internationalization, plural forms, context, and more RFC, Framavox
21:16 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ext,_and_more_RFC
21:16 ashimema what did anyone want to say about it>
21:16 kidclamp #link[…]-context-and-more
21:17 kidclamp the frama is closed - I don't htink anyone objected, I believe he wants help in testing/implementing?
21:18 kidclamp I have not been involved enough in the translation work to know what is needed, but perhaps we should table as is light meeting tonight?
21:18 ashimema I'll admit I don't follow translation closely enough to understand that one
21:18 ashimema yeah.. lets shift it to the next meeting
21:18 thd The wiki page for the bug appears to show good research.
21:19 kidclamp #info tabled for next meeting
21:19 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
21:19 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
21:19 kidclamp oleonard?
21:19 wahanui oleonard is seeing some buggy stuff though
21:19 oleonard Present
21:19 kidclamp you have some suggestions?
21:20 oleonard I just wanted to highlight some new things in the HTML & JS coding guidelines. I don't know if these require a vote
21:20 oleonard I'm cleaning up the "type" attribute from <script> tags any time I update a template.
21:20 oleonard New templates shouldn't include it.
21:20 cait oops
21:20 oleonard Same for the "CDATA" markers in <script>
21:20 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:21 cait ashimema++ th
21:21 cait x
21:21 ashimema hehe
21:21 oleonard Also: New templates shouldn't use any YUI grid markup
21:22 oleonard I'd love to get an addition to the QA tools checking for that.
21:22 kidclamp I think those are all sensible
21:22 ashimema do we need anything in the qa script to help catch that oleonard?
21:22 ashimema haha
21:22 ashimema you beat me
21:23 cait sounds both good
21:23 cait especially additions to qa script
21:23 cait it's hard to keep everything in mind
21:23 andreashm sounds good
21:23 oleonard I think a check for classes containing "yui-" would be good
21:24 kidclamp oleonard++
21:24 ashimema that should be simple nough to add i think
21:24 oleonard Lastly I wanted to remind everyone about this: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]e_end_of_template
21:24 cait someone volunteering? :)
21:24 oleonard New templates shouldn't be added with JS in the <head>
21:25 ashimema that could probably also be added to the qa script maybe..
21:25 ashimema less sure how on that one
21:25 kidclamp people who don't attend are signifying willingness to volunteer, no?
21:25 cait sensible
21:26 ashimema hehe
21:26 cait no js in head should be testable
21:26 ashimema indeed
21:27 cait #idea add checks for javascript in head, yui- grid classes and no type for javascript to QA script
21:27 kidclamp @later tell joubu #idea add checks for javascript in head, yui- grid classes and no type for javascript to QA script
21:27 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
21:28 ashimema we should record those as issues against the qa-tools repo in gitlab really..
21:28 oleonard_ joined #koha
21:29 ashimema then we can pick them off.. rather than just adding to joubu's list
21:29 * ashimema will go add them as issues now
21:29 kidclamp ashimema++
21:29 oleonard That's it from me unless someone has objections
21:29 oleonard_ Somehow I lost my connection without realizing it... sorry if I missed any questions directed at me
21:29 kidclamp moving on?
21:30 kidclamp just time of next meeting unless anyone has anything else
21:31 ashimema I think that's our lot
21:31 ashimema bit earlier in the day next meeting..
21:31 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
21:31 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 7 November 2018)
21:31 kidclamp 21 November 2018, 14 UTC?
21:32 ashimema sounds good to me.. you didn't want anything more regular with release looming.
21:32 ashimema probably not.. you've got enough on your plate so can just catch people directly as needed ;)
21:33 kidclamp we have a general next week if I need to grab anyone, and we have email, hopefully I will survive my first release :-D
21:33 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 21 November 2018, 14UTC
21:33 kidclamp #endmeeting
21:33 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
21:33 huginn Meeting ended Wed Nov  7 21:33:53 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:33 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-11-07-21.00.html
21:33 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-11-07-21.00.txt
21:33 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]07-21.00.log.html
21:33 kidclamp thanks all
21:34 ashimema kidclamp++
21:34 alexbuckley kidclamp++ ashimema++
21:35 * ashimema adds those issues quickly then heads to bed.. I'm such an old man now..
21:36 oleonard_ bye again
21:39 Bovinity joined #koha
21:41 ashimema @later tell Joubu I'll pick off some of those new qa-tools issues and send merge requests unless you beat me to them
21:41 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
21:41 ashimema good night #koha
21:41 * andreashm waves
21:41 thd ashimema: While I do not have time presently to put forward a proposal, I see how some underused features of bugzilla and some projects based on the bugzilla API could be used for task management and kanban.
21:43 Dyrcona joined #koha
21:57 kmlussier joined #koha
22:25 irma_ joined #koha
22:27 irma__ joined #koha
23:01 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18316: DBRev <[…]c721bc1c610a24e48>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15494: DBRev <[…]a25dabf4c5e2ccbdb>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18316: (QA follow-up) Add final missing filter <[…]8256ad9ed00e33c42>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18316: (follow-up) remove use_dis_max <[…]239f1a9388ffda145>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15494: (follow-up) Update tests to generate their own data (no delete) <[…]30652f8766ae1b53a>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15494: (follow-up) Move yaml syspref code to its own sub in SySpref object <[…]ef660814999fde951>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21299: (QA follow-up) Rename module and subroutine <[…]fd031efdcd1ed0518>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18316: (follow-up) Fix tests and update statement <[…]6d52af45169eab922>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21299: Introduce localReferer in [opac-] <[…]3ccdc4f52474d7ffc>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21299: Add localReferer function to Util module, add test <[…]7c95310d5b853de15>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18316: Fix field weight validation/deletion bug <[…]f75fedcc06f4ae5d8>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18316: Change search field weight field to decimal <[…]2127bdadd1a11ff3f>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18316: (follow-up) Koha::SearchField::search_marc_maps return a result set -... <[…]9bb4cb6d7082a8b7c>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20602: Use weighted fields in OPAC simple search <[…]78ab358c54820a97b>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18316: String changes <[…]f65abeb244db7275a>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18316: Ability to weight search fields <[…]e92d6ca5e5effdf42>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 18316: Add weighting/relevancy options to ES query on simple search <[…]cabdaaa9cc692bb12>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15494: (QA follow-up) Additional polishing <[…]0ab57f1f942d0aa2b>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15494: Add syspref <[…]c8d61819779fdd798>
23:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15494: Update display of renewal errors <[…]5121e1071b2ca65da>
23:30 caroline bye everybody!
23:49 Guest2299 Project Koha_Master_D9 build #599: STILL UNSTABLE in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/599/
23:49 Guest2299 Project Koha_Master_U18 build #88: STILL UNSTABLE in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U18/88/
23:56 Guest2299 Project Koha_Master_D8 build #95: STILL UNSTABLE in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D8/95/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary