IRC log for #koha, 2018-10-18

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:24 Francesca joined #koha
00:53 dcook Figured out the compiling issue. Sort of.
01:12 Margaret joined #koha
01:42 mtompset Joubu, how did you time your script? time or something else?
01:43 mtompset Nevermind... He's long gone... I'm so slow.
02:05 mtompset I should sleep. Weigh-in tomorrow. I'm up a pound or so... silly Canadian Thanksgiving.
02:05 mtompset Have a good night, #koha dcook Francesca Margaret rangi
02:05 Francesca see ya
02:06 mtompset good day (24 hour period) even. :)
02:28 Francesca joined #koha
02:44 dcook I must have been using the wrong version when trying to do these overdues before. Drp.
03:03 dcook joined #koha
03:03 dcook The https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]and_Slips_Library really doesn't have much TT examples...
03:26 hjb2 joined #koha
03:54 Margaret joined #koha
04:02 Margaret joined #koha
04:06 Margaret joined #koha
04:15 Margaret joined #koha
04:23 Margaret joined #koha
04:28 Margaret_ joined #koha
04:32 Margaret joined #koha
04:35 Margaret_ joined #koha
04:36 papa joined #koha
04:40 Margaret_ joined #koha
04:46 Margaret_ joined #koha
04:59 cait joined #koha
05:02 Margaret_ joined #koha
05:32 fridolin joined #koha
05:32 fridolin hi there
05:34 paul_p joined #koha
05:41 calire joined #koha
05:54 m23 joined #koha
05:54 calire morning #koha
06:15 cait joined #koha
06:15 alex_a joined #koha
06:16 alex_a bonjour
06:16 wahanui hola, alex_a
06:31 marcelr joined #koha
06:31 marcelr hi #koha
06:34 Margaret joined #koha
06:36 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:42 drojf joined #koha
06:42 * drojf waves
06:44 reiveune joined #koha
06:44 reiveune hello
06:44 wahanui niihau, reiveune
06:54 josef_moravec joined #koha
06:56 magnuse joined #koha
07:06 cait joined #koha
07:09 alexbuckley joined #koha
07:17 kohaputti joined #koha
07:17 * cait wave
07:17 * cait waves
07:18 m23 joined #koha
07:19 ashimema hi cait
07:35 cait so far... paying fines and editing/adding patron is broken on master
07:42 * magnuse waves in swedish
07:44 cait add vendor search to the broken list :(
07:44 cait really hard to test patches like this
07:44 * ashimema goes to reset the ptfs-e sandboxes to the version of master prior to this push
07:44 cait @seen kidclamp
07:44 huginn cait: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 9 hours, 50 minutes, and 27 seconds ago: <kidclamp> Fix it?
07:45 cait thx ashimema!
07:46 cait maybe making mysql less strict could work too, but not sure what's easier
07:47 cait i can't find instructions on how to do that
07:50 Margaret joined #koha
08:00 ashimema when was dev_install introduced?
08:00 cait no idea
08:00 ashimema and how is it set.. ack'ing the codebase i can't find anything that sets is..
08:00 ashimema nor in koha-gitify
08:00 ashimema I presume it's a kohadevbox thing
08:00 marcelr some years ago; via koha-conf
08:00 marcelr it is also for gitified installs
08:00 wahanui okay, marcelr.
08:01 marcelr no wahanui
08:01 ashimema does anything actually set it for us?
08:01 ashimema I've never set it on my own installs at all ;)
08:01 ashimema wasn't aware it existed
08:01 marcelr it changes some paths for git installs
08:03 marcelr you should look in the debian scripts and the plack.psgi
08:05 ashimema ta
08:05 ashimema katrin.. our sandboxes have never set it as we don't use devbox, testing-docker or gitify as a base
08:05 ashimema so.. you should find the the ptfs-e one's just work still
08:05 ashimema and probably the biblibre ones too
08:06 cait biblibre tracks master, doesn't it?
08:06 ashimema just the bywater ones.. which are now based no koha-testing-docker loosely will be broken
08:06 ashimema it's nto the 'tracks master' that's the problem
08:06 ashimema it's having dev_install set whilst tracking master ;)
08:06 cait hm
08:06 ashimema https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]&attachment=73683
08:06 cait trying the ptfs one again
08:07 ashimema if dev_install is set the patch does stuff.. if it's not set nothing changes
08:07 ashimema try sandbox0.. I'm about to check sandbox1 is actually working.. I saw it throw and error last night for someone ;)
08:09 cait i was trying 1 right now
08:09 cait switching to 0
08:10 ashimema :)
08:10 ashimema ta
08:11 cait waitin for email
08:12 cait did you just steal it? says setup for marti now
08:14 cait editing patron on ptfs e works
08:14 ashimema erm
08:14 ashimema didn't mean to steal it
08:19 cait it's ok, it looks good at leat
08:21 ashimema did you get the setup email
08:21 ashimema says it's all yours now.. but I didn't see a mail go out
08:21 ashimema ah.. worked out whats up with sandbox1
08:21 ashimema systemd permissions revert
08:22 cait yep got it now
08:23 ashimema great
08:24 cait it's a break here now soon
08:25 cait i will be back for a little bit after
08:26 Francesca joined #koha
08:31 drojf left #koha
08:47 ashimema sandbox1 fixed
08:47 ashimema lesson learnt.. don't name your sandbox tmp file the same as your sanbox user name.. else the sandbox will blow away your /tmp directory with a badly formed file
08:47 ashimema lol
08:56 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:59 magnuse ashimema++
09:03 cait joined #koha
09:04 * cait wavew
09:09 paul_p joined #koha
09:27 * ashimema is now in string freeze but is oh so tempted to push some more stuff rather than let a queue build up..
09:27 ashimema branching time me things.. keep me ahead of the curve
09:35 cait joined #koha
09:37 marcelr joined #koha
09:41 * kidclamp waves
09:41 * kidclamp hides
09:59 m23 joined #koha
10:00 ashimema kidclamp
10:00 wahanui kidclamp is probably reply i guess kidclamp is the first RM not to be bribed
10:00 * ashimema shakes fist
10:00 ashimema hehe
10:00 kidclamp hi ashimema
10:00 ashimema do you happen to know much about the bywater sandboxes?
10:00 Margaret joined #koha
10:01 ashimema wondering if you could help cait out and unset dev_install trivially on them.. or if that's 'too hard'TM
10:02 kidclamp they are all docker based, I am not up to speed on docker
10:02 ashimema though actually.. that may break other stuff in the bywater setup thinking about it.. it's likley only a revert that would save them
10:02 ashimema no worries
10:02 ashimema she has the ptfs-e and biblibre ones for now hopefully
10:02 kidclamp yeah, I am trying to suss out how bad the problem is right now
10:03 marcelr i would say revert it now
10:03 ashimema looking at the tests it looks like most of it is fallout from one issue
10:04 ashimema Koha::Object->store fails.. which is used by pretty much all the other tests which are failing
10:04 ashimema well.. the one's I've looked at
10:04 ashimema so if we can fix `store` we should be in a much better place again
10:04 marcelr there will probably be more
10:04 ashimema yeah..
10:05 ashimema but that's certainly where I'm starting ;)
10:06 marcelr we could enable it on something else than dev_install in koha-conf
10:06 marcelr like sql_test
10:06 marcelr :)
10:07 ashimema I don't think it's a bad think to have it enabled on dev_install
10:08 ashimema kinda increases our chances of spotting and fixing this stuff early
10:08 ashimema just a bit painful at this particular second
10:08 marcelr few weeks for release?
10:12 tuxayo Hi :) can someone confirm that I didn't get the severity of bug 21587 wrong?
10:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21587 normal, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, Needs Signoff , Patrons to notify on receiving doesn't work on new order creation, only on modification
10:12 cait joined #koha
10:13 * ashimema upped it to major
10:13 ashimema it's pretty bad ;)
10:15 tuxayo ashimema: oh :o
10:16 ashimema I'll take a look at SO once I've cleared my list a bit this morning
10:16 tuxayo Good thing someone found it :)
10:17 ashimema imagine it's a fairly hidden bug
10:17 ashimema well found
10:18 * ashimema gets 🍵 before rolling up sleeves and looking at the failing tests
10:18 cait joined #koha
10:20 tuxayo ashimema: thanks for RMaint-ing and catching these bugs beforehand :D
10:21 tuxayo ashimema++
10:27 cait joined #koha
10:38 cait1 joined #koha
10:39 cait1 anything new?
10:39 cait1 going for lunch soon, after that hack day starts!
10:51 kidclamp cait1 - bug 21593 should help with some errors on staff side
10:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21593 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Remove Group by clause in GetAuthValueDropbox
10:52 kidclamp working on other fixes adn talking with khall, waiting for tcohen on dokcer/sandboxes help and Joubu to maybeuse a new key to trigger the mysql mode
10:52 kidclamp marcelr++
10:52 kidclamp ashimema++
10:52 ashimema kidclamp++
10:53 marcelr kidclamp++
10:53 * ashimema tests bug 21593
10:53 cait1 thx a lot :)
10:54 cait1 we are going into lunch break now
10:54 cait1 will look for an update later
11:11 Joubu hi #koha
11:12 marcelr hi Joubu
11:12 kidclamp Hi joubu
11:14 Joubu kidclamp: working on other fixes?
11:14 Joubu I have all of them fixed locally
11:14 Joubu I told it yesterday
11:16 ashimema you already fixed them all
11:16 ashimema I missed that too Joubu
11:16 Margaret joined #koha
11:20 ncbaratta joined #koha
11:24 Margaret joined #koha
11:28 kidclamp joubu++
11:35 oleonard joined #koha
11:35 oleonard Hi #koha
11:36 kidclamp hi oleonard
11:36 wahanui hi oleopard
11:38 cait joined #koha
11:39 oleonard Hi cait
11:50 marcelr joined #koha
11:55 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21593: Remove GROUP BY from GetAuthValueDropbox <[…]b67ecbb8e8715c2b7>
11:56 cait joined #koha
11:56 kidclamp y
11:56 cait joined #koha
11:56 ashimema huh
11:56 kidclamp wrong window
11:56 ashimema lol
11:56 alex_a joined #koha
11:57 kidclamp y not?
11:59 ashimema anyone here use koha-testing-docker?
12:00 Joubu bug 21597
12:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21597 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , [OMNIBUS] Test suite is still failing with new default SQL modes
12:15 kohaputti joined #koha
12:23 Margaret joined #koha
12:26 alex_a kidclamp++
12:26 oleonard kidclamp: I just had a librarian ask me about accelerated reading level searching in Koha, and found that you an barton were working on a patch
12:26 oleonard Bug 20078
12:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20078 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Indexes 'arl' (Accelerated reading level) and 'arp' (Accelerated reading point) not usable in search menus.
12:26 kidclamp true
12:27 oleonard Is that patch all that is needed to get it working, or is there more to it?
12:27 oleonard For instance: Is it likely that a default install won't have the right Zebra indexes configured.
12:28 kidclamp I think those patches and a rebuild
12:29 kidclamp because we change the attribute number
12:29 Joubu kidclamp: all good!
12:34 oleonard kidclamp: Do you think Bug 16924 and Bug 17832 should be considered duplicates?
12:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16924 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Add Search by Accelerated Reading Level Range
12:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17832 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , arl (accelerated reading level) and ard (? -- Title point value) searches do not return results
12:37 kidclamp ask barton, but i don't think so, I think the first is an enhancement - to add searching for range betwen 2 and 5 say - other is just noting that text in the fields doesn't return results?
12:57 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:58 mape joined #koha
13:05 Margaret joined #koha
13:08 severine joined #koha
13:13 alex_a joined #koha
13:22 cait1 joined #koha
13:22 cait1 ashimema: can you check on sandbox0 by chance?
13:22 cait1 we have a problem setting it up
13:22 cait1 with bug 20729
13:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20729 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Update style of datepickers
13:24 Margaret joined #koha
13:34 cait1 0 seems ok now
13:38 oleonard Anyone else getting an error when searching the catalog in master? Template process failed: undef error - DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): '' isn't in GROUP BY at /home/vagrant/kohaclone/Koha/ line 269
13:40 Margaret joined #koha
13:41 calire oleonard I cannot reproduce that one
13:45 Joubu dev_install = 1 | 0 ? :)
13:46 Joubu not sure everybody understood what's going on, maybe I will need to send another email about the "sql modes"
13:46 ashimema sorry cait.. had my head in a QA
13:46 ashimema will take a quick look
13:46 marcelr Joubu change to sql_test ? :)
13:47 Joubu and nobody will set it on?
13:47 marcelr you will..
13:47 ashimema marcelr.. by the end of today I think we'll be good already ;)
13:47 ashimema I'm with Joubu.. keep it as is.. once we're over this initial pain then it'll do us all good having it set
13:48 marcelr ok
13:48 oleonard Yeah Joubu I didn't really understand the scope of the problem, but I guess I didn't read the very first sentence carefully so that's on me!
13:49 Joubu it is exactly what I have just sent to kidclamp few minutes ago, it will be a big (but good) mess in the few days/weeks, but we will finally *have to* think about our DB structure: data type, default values, etc.
13:50 Joubu Basically it's linked with the "MySQL 5.7" issues we had few months ago. We "fixed" it by disabling the problematic (strict) SQL modes, when the connection is established.
13:50 ashimema do we never partial fetch objects before doing a store?
13:50 Joubu So it works, but we just hide all the problems these modes highlighted
13:50 Joubu now we set them on for dev installs (koha-conf.xml: dev_install)
13:51 Joubu so everything explode => bugs/inconsistencies are highlighted
13:54 Joubu ashimema: what's the question exactly? how is that possible?
13:54 ashimema It may well be a Koha::Object understanding
13:55 ashimema in dbic I can state which columns I want to getch
13:55 ashimema fetch
13:55 * ashimema thinks that through some more
13:55 ashimema the accessor would just go and do a single column db lookup in that case I think
13:56 marcelr dev_install does not mean mysql 5.7 btw
13:57 * ashimema still finds the whole force fetch and store pairing hard to work with when you've got used to normal dbic methods.
13:57 marcelr ashimema: thats another topic (Koha objects)
13:57 marcelr we cant go back
13:57 Joubu dev_install means you are a developper and wants dev things turned on
13:57 marcelr hmm
13:57 caroline joined #koha
13:57 ashimema it was in relation to QAing the fixes for this marcelr
13:58 caroline hi all!
13:58 marcelr yeah i know
13:58 marcelr hi caroline
13:58 caroline I ap7
13:58 marcelr np ashimema
13:58 Joubu ashimema: I do not understand why
13:58 Joubu but maybe we will discuss that another day?
13:59 caroline I apologize for any and all gibberish I will write today. Working from home, two cats trying to walk on keyboard
13:59 ashimema indeed.. not one to go into now
13:59 * ashimema is tempted to invite ribasushi or mst to kohacon19 workshops
14:00 ashimema welcome to my world caroline ;)
14:00 * ashimema is also keen to try and get batman or kraih along to the workshops
14:03 * oleonard brb
14:04 ashimema Joubu.. shouldn't db_dependant/Accounts.t already have been failing?
14:05 ashimema surely as amount is set to 'not null' at the dbic level we throw an error when it's passed without a value
14:05 Joubu dbi does not fail apparently
14:05 Joubu it's just a warning
14:06 calire left #koha
14:07 ashimema wow.. there's some really scary failures in here
14:07 ashimema like being able to throw more data at a field than it can accept and it just go ahead and only store some of it..
14:07 ashimema that's plain horrible :'(
14:09 oleonard joined #koha
14:12 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
14:12 Freddy_Enrique greetings Koha :3
14:14 tcohen late morning
14:14 cait No successful sign off using sandboxes :(
14:14 tcohen so Joubu broke everything this time? not me?
14:14 ashimema kidclamp all passed.. go forth and feel free to push the first set
14:14 ashimema he broke everything so we could go and fix it all ;)
14:14 tcohen Joubu++
14:15 barton cait: I pinged the bywater devs about this when I saw the email thread last night.
14:15 cait Its all very broken on the bws sandboxes
14:16 cait Biblibre we didn't get past web installer
14:16 cait And I didn't get any emails from ptfs ones (but otherwise they worked)
14:16 barton ... just to see if we could get the bws sandboxes up; I'm not sure which server those are running on anyway.
14:16 cait Adding lists and adding suggestions is broken too btw
14:17 cait And we need a way to generate the CSS files on sandboxes
14:17 kidclamp I am going to push a follow-up and change the config name (for now) we need to addrerss these issues, but we need a universal fix for storing objects and default data
14:17 cait And I am not persuaded at all we should have pushed this before release and before feature freeze
14:17 cait We basically knocked out our testers
14:18 cait In the hot sign-off phasw
14:18 cait Phase
14:18 barton cait, Joubu, popped in to see if we could get QA on bug 20078. It's a handful of one-line changes across 3 files, should be easy to qa.
14:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20078 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Indexes 'arl' (Accelerated reading level) and 'arp' (Accelerated reading point) not usable in search menus.
14:19 cait I am at a conf I can't
14:19 barton no worries, just asking :-)
14:20 cait I just tried showing the sandboxes...
14:20 * cait glares at Joubu and kidclamp
14:20 ibeardslee joined #koha
14:20 kidclamp gimme 5 minutes cait
14:21 Joubu I worked until 21 yesterday trying to fix everything up, I sent an email to koha-devel and ping people on #koha to alert them and provide 2 workarounds: revert or switch the config flag
14:22 Joubu this morning I submitted 10 patches in about 1h trying to correct the problem
14:22 Joubu I wrote this patch 6 months ago, and I should not have switched the status back to PQA last week, without alerting kidclamp about the possible side-effects
14:22 Joubu sorry about that
14:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20521: Use a specific config for strict sql modes <[…]eded648c78e40056a>
14:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21599: Fix item type creation by defining default values <[…]de2a5802849b09ef5>
14:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21597: Incorrect decimal value: 't_value_bib639' for column 'price' <[…]8529198ab443115cd>
14:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21596: Handle empty string for lost when storing a patron <[…]f0802b30fae7690db>
14:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21596: Handle empty string for other attributes when storing a patron <[…]87eb062ea3130bdbb>
14:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21596: Handle empty string for flags when storing a patron <[…]ae259501dda90f3ff>
14:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21596: Handle empty string for date_renewed when storing a patron <[…]71db985debba5a497>
14:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21598: 'koha_kohadev.aqbudgets.budget_parent_id' isn't in GROUP BY <[…]8042dd61250d1f79a>
14:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21597: Field 'description' doesn't have a default value <[…]bbd8214ec88cfa3b6>
14:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21597: Incorrect date value: '0' for column 'onloan' <[…]8cc5832347e792076>
14:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21597: Data too long for column 'invitekey' <[…]04640effe75e4f126>
14:23 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21597: Field 'amount' doesn't have a default value <[…]63f1fcc632314863c>
14:23 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21597: Column 'notforloan' cannot be null <[…]0b03fcbade2cc5544>
14:23 Joubu follow-up sent and push to change the config flag, should be ok now. My apologies again (if you consider it's my fault)
14:23 * Joubu is going to write some patches now
14:23 cait Was just real bad timing
14:24 cait I am not against fixing it
14:25 kidclamp RM takes the blame and issues the apologies :-)
14:32 cait Creating suggestions in staff and adding a new list in staff - if not fixed yet
14:33 * ashimema hugs Joubu
14:33 * ashimema feels like Joubu needs a hug
14:34 kidclamp I can create a list cait
14:34 kidclamp suggestion is failing, looking
14:35 tcohen it is our fault, not his :-D he told us this several months ago
14:35 ashimema yup
14:35 kidclamp today is one of those days where the Koha pub would be quite packed after work, many beers owed
14:35 cait List from staff?
14:36 kidclamp yes
14:36 cait List module and new
14:36 cait Because it complains about a setting not in the pop-up
14:37 kidclamp what is error?
14:37 kidclamp suggestions working now too
14:37 kidclamp for me
14:37 cait The permission for editing
14:38 cait Sorry not on laptop right now
14:41 Joubu cait: everything should be back to normal, you can request another sandbox :)
14:41 cait Suggestion exploded when not adding quantity and copyrightdate
14:42 cait Joubu we have just wrapped up for today
14:42 cait Maybe I can get some to try again tomorrow
14:52 cait joined #koha
15:06 reiveune bye
15:06 reiveune left #koha
15:11 ashimema hugs cait
15:14 * ashimema jumps on Jenkins to get his build passing again.. at least the stable should turn green again then (thanks tcohen++)
15:18 fridolin left #koha
15:19 cait joined #koha
15:23 * cait waves
15:26 corilynn git: whenever I seem to "get" it, then something happens and I really don't "get" it
15:26 cait corilynn: i know the feeling
15:27 cait Joubu: blame doens't help anyone, was just really bad timing
15:28 cait bugs happen... i said that in my presentation today heh
15:28 * cait sends cookies to everyone involved today
15:29 ashimema how did today go othewise cait?
15:29 ashimema they all happy over there generally?
15:29 cait we talked a bit about elastic
15:29 cait but the prsentation was in swedish
15:29 cait but they are running in production too
15:29 cait with a bunch of the outstanding patches, similar to BULAC
15:29 cait we need to get the stuff in
15:30 cait they = university of göteborg
15:30 cait they need it without catmandu and i agree - the difference is 24 hours vs. 4 hours for a complete reindex, so to do overnight updates etc you really need the 4 hours
15:33 ashimema is mathieu saby still a koha regular?
15:34 cait ... and it's cold here? at least compared to at home :)
15:34 ashimema I think we reached agreement to remove it cait.. just waiting on final patches
15:34 cait no, he left a long time ago
15:34 * ashimema goes to take another look.. it may have moved since I last did
15:34 cait i am not sure we did.... and discussion at kohacon was not documented I tihnk?
15:34 cait tcohen: ?
15:35 ashimema any thoughts on the last two comments on bug 9775 cait?
15:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9775 minor, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , unitprice should be hidden when creating an order
15:35 ashimema I'm sure I spoke to kidclamp about it and he said some agreement had been reached
15:36 ashimema right.. the ES bug is Failed QA.. waiting for a few followups from David Gustagsson
15:44 tcohen cait: ask ere
15:44 tcohen we agreed to move forward and he was in charge
15:46 * ashimema is reading the patches now
15:48 ashimema interesting.. nested private subs
15:58 kmlussier joined #koha
15:58 davidnind joined #koha
15:59 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
16:02 davidnind What to do after you shoot yourself in the foot in interesting ways with Git.
16:03 davidnind Came across that today (via[…]-18-october-2018).
16:03 corilynn davidnind is answering my questions before I can formulate them
16:03 oleonard Nice
16:11 davidnind Once any Git discussion gets over my head (most of the time - apart from the basics) it always reminds me of this
16:11 cait joined #koha
16:18 corilynn davidnind, yes, that's it exactly!
16:22 davidnind :)
16:27 oleonard So much Bugzilla today
16:39 ashimema Lol
16:43 tuxayo Does anymone remember what is itemtype used for in subcriptions? When item-level_itypes isn't set.
16:52 davidnind left #koha
17:03 caroline joined #koha
17:05 CrispyBran joined #koha
17:05 * CrispyBran waves
17:09 oleonard Hi CrispyBran
17:09 CrispyBran yo oleonard.  What's up?
17:12 oleonard Nothing much.
17:27 CrispyBran bug 21503
17:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21503 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cbrannon, Needs Signoff , Update to fall back to code if description doesn't exist
17:30 ashimema bug 21387
17:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21387 minor, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Needs Signoff , Receive items from - form should include tax hints the same as the ordering form
17:30 * ashimema wonders if oleonard (IRC) has had any further thoughts after my comment
17:31 * oleonard as opposed to oleonard (FleshBody) ?
17:33 oleonard Sorry ashimema I saw your comment and forgot to respond
17:34 corilynn is there anyway to reorder the attachements in bugzilla?
17:34 CrispyBran ashimema, imo, if you are going to update the verbage in one place, and it isn't a huge fix, go ahead and clean up the other place.  That way they are consistent together.
17:34 oleonard corilynn: No, you have to obsolete and re-attach them all
17:34 ashimema I cleaned up one to match the other 😉
17:35 ashimema I thought the first was fairly clear.. so wasn't of the opinion it needed updating
17:35 corilynn oleonard, can you point me to how to do that? my way seems like I'm making it very hard
17:35 ashimema But happy to do both if you guys feel there's clearer wording to be had
17:36 oleonard corilynn: What's your starting point? Where are you getting tripped up?
17:36 corilynn there was a master change today in patch 1 of 5
17:36 corilynn so I updated patch 1, but now the attachments are 2,3,4,5, 1
17:37 corilynn do I just apply each patch and then do "amend" and then attach?
17:37 corilynn after I do #1?
17:39 CrispyBran I am guessing we are avoiding abbreviations for translation sake.  Just use the full word.  It's preferable to do it right the first time, rather than match a problem and then go and fix it elsewhere.  So, if you can add another patch to clean up both places, that would be a good idea.
17:39 oleonard corilynn: Do you know how to apply interactively when using git-bz?
17:39 corilynn yes
17:40 oleonard I would create a new branch, selectively apply all the patches in order, and then re-attach them in the correct order
17:41 corilynn ok, but one at a time?
17:41 oleonard Once they're applied in the correct order on your branch you can attach them all in one go and they'll retain the correct order
17:42 corilynn but it says I have nothing to commit
17:43 oleonard Do you have the patches applied in order now?
17:44 corilynn i will in 4 minutes
17:44 oleonard There isn't any committing involved if you're just re-attaching the patches.
17:45 corilynn ok, i have it now
17:46 corilynn do I just do a "git bz attach -e XXXX HEAD" ?
17:47 oleonard The syntax I like to use is 'git bz attach -e XXX HEAD^^^..HEAD'
17:47 oleonard Where XXX is the bug number and the count of ^^^ matches the number of patches
17:47 corilynn ooooooh
17:47 corilynn I knew there was an "easier" way
17:48 CrispyBran does she need to -e to obsolete ?
17:48 * oleonard has that ready to cut-and-paste at a moment's notice
17:49 * corilynn attaches that command to my forehead
17:50 corilynn oleonard++ +cookies, coffee and a doughnut
17:59 ashimema Hope you've got a mirror near by corilynn , otherwise it won't be much help on your forehead 😉
18:06 tuxayo Then you need to write it mirrored.
18:09 CrispyBran @seen mtompset
18:09 huginn CrispyBran: mtompset was last seen in #koha 16 hours, 3 minutes, and 51 seconds ago: <mtompset> good day (24 hour period) even. :)
18:10 CrispyBran @seen tcohen
18:10 huginn CrispyBran: tcohen was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 25 minutes, and 41 seconds ago: <tcohen> we agreed to move forward and he was in charge
18:10 CrispyBran oleonard: are you on the latest kohadevbox?
18:13 CrispyBran tcohen: Tomas, are you here?
18:14 oleonard I am, but still using jessie
18:16 CrispyBran Did you have to fix zebra to get it up?
18:17 oleonard No, I've never had to mess with zebra on my devbox
18:20 CrispyBran ugh!  mtompset walked me through fixing the paths in my configuration so zebra would work, but then I had to rebuild, and it isn't working again.  I didn't write down where the file is that configures everything.
18:24 tcohen hola CrispyBran
18:24 CrispyBran tcohen!
18:24 tcohen CrispyBran!
18:24 wahanui well, crispybran is so lost now.
18:24 CrispyBran Can you point me to the file I need to edit to fix paths for zebra?
18:26 tcohen it is /etc/koha/sites/kohadev/koha-conf.xml
18:26 tcohen but I doubt this is happening again
18:27 CrispyBran When we rebuilt kohadevbox with SYNC_REPO, zebra died again.  Can't search.
18:30 CrispyBran I can't seem to find that path
18:37 cait joined #koha
18:40 tcohen did you reset_all?
18:47 * CrispyBran should be ignored when he breaks things
19:04 CrispyBran oleonard: got a sec?
19:08 cait joined #koha
19:10 CrispyBran Can anyone confirm something I am seeing in master?  Place a hold, then trigger it for waiting.  When you look at the holds, is it showing waiting or 1?
19:19 cait1 joined #koha
19:23 * cait1 waves
19:32 * tuxayo sent a long message:  <[…]TWRSDAjfTSrXyyYdL >
19:32 tuxayo I'll reset my base and retry ^^"
19:32 tuxayo I had this before but forgot why
19:33 cait1 hm
19:34 cait1 maybe you should report that
19:38 Joubu tuxayo: AutoEmailPrimaryAddress contains '0', it's not a valid value
19:38 tuxayo CrispyBran (IRC): cait1 (IRC) Got it again on a clean base (well UNIMARC demo, maybe not the cleanest)
19:38 tuxayo «I had this before but forgot why»
19:38 Joubu wrong migration, or you have a script messing this pref's value
19:39 tuxayo Thanks Joubu (IRC)  <3
19:48 Francesca joined #koha
19:58 Francesca joined #koha
20:10 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:17 edveal joined #koha
20:38 CrispyBran tuxayo: have you checked your AutoEmailPrimaryAddress setting?
20:40 cdickinson joined #koha
20:44 wizzyrea hi
20:44 wahanui hey, wizzyrea
20:45 * CrispyBran waves
20:45 corilynn what up CrispyBran?
20:50 Freddy_Enrique left #koha
21:26 CrispyBran https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=21611
21:26 huginn Bug 21611: major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Priority in shows 1 instead of Waiting
21:37 nina joined #koha
21:37 nina_ joined #koha
21:49 CrispyBran bug 21346
21:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21346 major, P5 - low, ---, cbrannon, Needs Signoff , Clean up dialogs in / Fix waiting holds at wrong location bug
22:01 Margaret have a good evening #koha
22:19 cdickinson joined #koha
22:19 CrispyBran corilynn: you still around?
22:24 Francesca joined #koha
22:39 caroline joined #koha
23:16 Francesca joined #koha
23:32 Francesca joined #koha
23:45 caroline anybody around can help me amend a patch?
23:45 caroline bug 21277
23:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21277 normal, P5 - low, ---, caroline.cyr-la-rose, Needs Signoff , fr-CA translation for notices in sample_notices.sql
23:53 * dcook perks up
23:53 dcook Isn't it super late for you, caroline?
23:53 dcook Ah maybe not
23:53 dcook I must have been thinking about European morning
23:54 dcook caroline: What do you want to know? :)
23:54 caroline dcook it's about 20
23:54 caroline waiting for supper
23:54 caroline dcook, I'm trying to amend my patch according to Joubu's comments
23:55 caroline I did git bz attach -e 21277 HEAD earlier but it didn't seem to work
23:55 caroline so I started over
23:55 caroline Is there something else I'm supposed to do before git bz attach?
23:55 caroline Do I commit?
23:58 dcook You've got a few options I suppose
23:58 dcook One option is to amend your existing commit
23:58 dcook Which you can do with something liek... "git commit -a --amend"
23:58 dcook Or you can create a new follow-up patch with your changes
23:58 dcook Which would involve just a regular commit, yeah
23:59 caroline Ok so just to make sure I have the steps right
23:59 caroline git bz apply 21277
23:59 caroline make changes to file
23:59 caroline (and save)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary