IRC log for #koha, 2018-10-19

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 caroline git commit -a or git commit -m
00:00 caroline then git bz attach -e 21277 HEAD
00:00 caroline and that's it?
00:00 dcook Definitely not "git commit -m"
00:01 dcook But otherwise yeah that woudl work for making a follow-up patch
00:01 dcook (with git commit -m, you would need to "git add" your file first)
00:01 caroline ah ok, I thought it was the same but adding a commit message
00:01 dcook Nah, the "-a" flag auto-adds any changed files
00:01 dcook If you don't use that, then you have to manually add each changed file
00:02 Francesca joined #koha
00:02 rangi its a bad habit to get into using -a
00:02 dcook ^
00:02 dcook I was thinking of mentioning that heh
00:02 caroline ok so -a and --amend is not the same?
00:02 dcook For instance...
00:02 rangi git add file1 file2 file3
00:02 rangi git commit
00:02 dcook I totally added a file by accident using "-a" the other day >_>
00:02 rangi then you dont accidentally add something you didnt mean to
00:02 dcook rangi's method there is way better
00:02 * dcook is lazy
00:02 rangi :)
00:02 caroline hehe!
00:03 caroline Ok, I'll try that
00:03 dcook :D
00:03 rangi my full workflow
00:03 * caroline crosses fingers
00:03 rangi git add file(s)
00:03 rangi git status
00:03 rangi check what i want to commit is there
00:03 rangi git commit
00:03 * dcook thumbs up
00:03 dcook My usual work flow is:
00:03 dcook git status
00:03 dcook git commit -a
00:04 dcook Probably not worth the time saved really
00:04 dcook Especially when you accidentally include a changed file much to your embarrassment >_>
00:04 dcook Because you totally skipped the "git status" part and just went "git commit -a" and didn't review the files listed in the editor because you were rushing
00:04 caroline that's what I usually do for the internal stuff, I thought git bz attach was different
00:04 * dcook shakes his head at himself
00:05 dcook caroline: git bz is just for interacting with bugzilla
00:05 dcook The thing to keep in mind with git bz
00:05 dcook Is that "HEAD" refers to the tip of your current branch
00:05 dcook If you'd edited the previous patch and made a new patch, you'd need to do something like...
00:05 dcook https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Attaching_patches
00:06 Francesca joined #koha
00:06 caroline ooh!
00:06 dcook "git log --graph" can help visualize that a bit
00:06 caroline I use gitk
00:07 dcook Ahh then that probably will show you even better
00:07 caroline ok so if I make a new commit to cover what Joubu said in his comment, when I git bz attach, I'll have to add the previous patch as well as the new one?
00:08 dcook Oops just used the gui and now I think I've borked my git..
00:08 dcook caroline: Nope. You'll just be adding the new one
00:08 caroline bz will know what to do?
00:08 dcook Just make sure that you use a different title in your commit / that you don't obsolete the previous patch
00:08 dcook More or less
00:08 dcook If it has a different title, it will
00:08 dcook If it's the same title, you'll need to comment out the line "Obsoletes"
00:09 caroline but I applied the previous patch, so I can obsolete it, no?
00:09 dcook Your latest patch only has the new changes you've made
00:09 dcook So other people, like Jonathan, will need the original patch and the new patch
00:09 dcook In order to bring their code into line with your git branch
00:09 caroline ok I think I understand thank you :)
00:09 rangi :)
00:10 dcook :D
00:10 caroline now I'll try for realz
00:10 dcook I have all day ^_^
00:10 dcook Well, a million things to do, but here at the computer at least :D
00:11 * dcook is adding unit tests to a non-Koha project. Soooo gooood.
00:11 caroline I'm at commiting, I don't need to add a message?
00:11 dcook You'll probably want to add a message
00:11 caroline ok
00:11 dcook rangi probably has better input on this one
00:12 dcook In the past, I'd add "(follow-up)" to the title and then describe the changes in the message
00:12 dcook But not 100% sure of the protocol these days
00:12 rangi the more info you give people the better
00:12 dcook https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ssages#Follow-ups
00:12 rangi just remember they will be viewing this in git log
00:12 rangi or a git show
00:12 rangi my rule is save future you time, but costing now you time
00:13 dcook I used to write 'Bug 12345: same commit message as before (follow-up) ' but 'Bug 12345: (follow-up) same commit message as before' seems to be the way now
00:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12345 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Can't Clear Reading History for Anonymous patron
00:13 dcook oops
00:13 * dcook thinks rangi's rule is a good rule
00:13 caroline eh, who knew there was a bug 12345
00:13 edveal joined #koha
00:13 dcook I totally never thought about it until now
00:14 caroline what determines what is a follow-up or a second patch in a set?
00:14 dcook Good question.
00:14 rangi caroline: its just semantics, but usually a follow-up is something that qa has asked for
00:14 dcook ^
00:15 dcook In this case, QA/RM might even squash your 2 patches into one
00:15 caroline yes, that would probably be better
00:15 dcook There's only 3 comments on your issue, so there's a lot of flexibility at this stage
00:16 dcook When you get into like 50+ comments, it's often nicer for folk if you write follow-ups rather than squashing/amending the original
00:16 dcook That way they don't have to re-read everything
00:16 dcook They can just read the follow-up
00:16 dcook Multiple patches in a set is kind of similar. Keeping different changes in different patches to make it easier for people to see what's changed.
00:17 dcook A follow-up might change the same thing that the original changed. Whereas a patch set usually have different changes in them.
00:17 dcook If that makes sense
00:17 dcook But totally semantics
00:17 caroline I'm slowly learning that through docs
00:18 dcook You're doing awesome, caroline
00:19 caroline :D
00:19 * caroline just commited, on to the rest
00:20 caroline WORKS! \o/
00:21 caroline thank you dcook++ rangi++
00:22 dcook great job :D
00:23 caroline So what I was missing was the commit part, I thought the attach thing took care of that for you
00:23 dcook The other thing that follow-ups do is artificially increase your stats on[…]ster/authors.html (hehe)
00:23 dcook Nopes
00:23 dcook Attach really is just about formatting and uploading your patches to Bugzilla
00:23 caroline it replaces git push
00:23 dcook Once upon a time, we didn't use git bz
00:23 caroline (that's how I understand it)
00:24 dcook You had to manually git format-patch and then upload by hand
00:24 dcook I wouldn't say it replaces git push per se
00:24 dcook Rather it replaces "git format-patch"
00:24 dcook I work on some projects where still use "git format-patch" and email patches back and forth
00:24 caroline keep it simple!
00:24 caroline :)
00:24 dcook git bz is so useful
00:25 caroline internal stuff: git add, git commit, git push; koha stuff: git add, git commit, git bz attach
00:26 dcook Ahh
00:26 dcook Mmm yeah pretty much
00:26 caroline keep it simple git noob here (only yellow belt)
00:26 dcook heh
00:27 dcook There's lots of good stuff left to learn :D
00:27 dcook Not for the community process
00:27 dcook But just for your own sake
00:27 * dcook loooooves "git blame"
00:27 caroline a little bit everyday :)
00:27 dcook That's a good approach
00:27 dcook Reminds me I need to do my Chinese homework ASAP
00:27 caroline S/O needs me for supper
00:27 caroline good night all! thank you again!
00:27 dcook I read that as "sign/off" ;)
00:28 caroline hehe! I thought of writing it SO but it seemed like screaming "so"
00:28 dcook bonne soirée
00:28 dcook heh
00:28 kidclamp Joubu++
00:28 dcook and de rien ^_^
00:30 dcook kidclamp: Which part of the states are you in again? Midwest?
00:30 kidclamp East coast! Verrmont!
00:30 dcook Ahhh right
00:30 dcook That makes more sense heh
00:30 dcook So same timezone as caroline I guess?
00:30 * dcook needs to know for heckling purposes
00:31 dcook 8:30 seems like a totally reasonable time to be on IRC still
00:31 kidclamp heh, I took off early for kid time, so came back so I didn'tm iss all my west coast peeps
00:31 dcook Ahh fair enough
00:32 dcook I'm east coast too! :D
00:32 kidclamp went to see Small Foot - it was fine
00:32 * dcook had never heard of the film until just this moment
00:32 kidclamp different hemisphere though I think
00:32 dcook tomato tomatoe
00:32 dcook Or how do they say it here..
00:33 dcook to-mah-toe?
00:33 dcook Wait..
00:33 * dcook doesn't understand anything about language
00:33 kidclamp two-mew-toe?
00:33 kidclamp mew2toe?
00:33 dcook They do like their pokemon go down here
00:33 dcook I think that's what the kids call it at least
00:34 * kidclamp agrees - forgot to see if any other koha people were nerds and wanted to trade at kohacon
00:36 Francesca joined #koha
00:36 dcook heh
00:36 dcook I'm a nerd but I'm always behind the times
00:36 dcook More of a nerd than a geek I guess
00:39 dcook My dad is a gamer so we always had good gaming computers, but for some reason I couldn't have a gameboy :p
00:39 * dcook never realized how gendered that product name was until just now
00:42 dcook Also just realized I'm finishing "breakfast" at 11:42am...
00:49 kidclamp good {time_of_day} to you all
00:50 * dcook waves
00:56 BobB joined #koha
01:49 tcohen dcook: I love "tig blame"
01:52 dcook I had never heard of that until just now
01:52 dcook Sounds interesting!
03:43 Francesca joined #koha
05:04 cait joined #koha
05:47 calire joined #koha
06:27 fridolin joined #koha
06:28 fridolin hi ;)
06:29 rj_white joined #koha
06:33 reiveune joined #koha
06:33 reiveune hello
06:33 wahanui what's up, reiveune
06:34 ere good morning #koha
06:35 ashimema Morning
06:36 calire morning
06:38 dcook Too early
06:38 dcook Let's go back in time?
06:39 calire no no, took long enough to get to friday
06:39 dcook Friday has gone too quickly! :p
06:39 rj_white joined #koha
06:39 calire sounds promising ;)
06:39 dcook I don't know what I'm even doing tonight :S
06:40 dcook I was just about to say I could buy more craft beer but then I realized I just got some yesterday >_>
06:40 dcook Had a bad bottle so the brewery sent me a free six pack to replace the one bottle
06:40 dcook O_O
06:40 calire moar beer
06:40 dcook Can never have enuff
06:41 * dcook is working on a non-Koha project today and just wants to refactor/rewrite... everything
06:42 ashimema Going back to your earlier conversation.. git bz is a big improvement upon git format-patch and uploading.. but I'd love to go even further and use gitlab or GitHub and do pull/merge requests as the workflow
06:42 dcook Yeah?
06:42 ashimema And us ci pipelines to do some of the QA for us 😉
06:42 * dcook finds Gitlab/Github to be a pain
06:43 dcook Any tips to ease the pain?
06:43 dcook Of maintaining a copy of the repo locally as well as on your Gitlab/Github account
06:43 dcook Then doing the merge request off that Gitlab/Github account?
06:43 ashimema I find the online compare views and code review so much easier that bugzilla reviews and procedures
06:43 * dcook can't think of any other way
06:43 ere ashimema: I'd love PR's too.
06:43 dcook Oh yeah, I think it would be more beneficial in a lot of ways
06:44 dcook It would also lower the barrier to entry I think
06:44 ashimema Hmm.. I already maintain a bunch of repos I suppose
06:44 dcook And I already have a Github account that I use for all the other projects I contribute to, right?
06:44 dcook And I made a Gitlab so that I could contribute to... kohadevbox
06:44 dcook So I'm mostly just whinging :p
06:45 ere Though patches in bugzilla remind me of the early of Mozilla, oh the nostalgia..
06:45 ashimema Hehe
06:45 dcook heh
06:45 ashimema More recent versions of bugzilla are nicer
06:45 * dcook tries to remember how many millions of issues there are in the Mozilla Bugzilla...
06:45 ashimema I think gitlab shows some real promise.. still has improvements to make.. but it's certainly going in the right direction
06:46 ashimema Bugzilla at Mozilla now runs on mojolicious
06:46 dcook Ohhh neato
06:46 ashimema It's being uostreamed at the moment I believe
06:47 ashimema Mojo is doing some really interesting development at the moment...
06:47 * ashimema is a mojo lurker
06:49 ashimema I'm not sure how well gitlab issues handle dependencies and stuff yet.. think it could do with some improvement there before we could make a move in that direction
06:49 ashimema Breakfast time
06:49 ashimema See y'all later
06:50 dcook joined #koha
06:53 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:54 cait joined #koha
06:58 alex_a joined #koha
06:58 alex_a bonjour
06:58 wahanui hey, alex_a
07:03 magnuse joined #koha
07:04 * magnuse waves in swedish
07:04 cait :)
07:04 * cait tries to wave in swedish but it turns out slightly wrong
07:05 paul_p joined #koha
07:06 * magnuse thinks cait is doing just fine
07:07 magnuse tjänare paul_p
07:07 paul_p magnuse lol ;)
07:17 * ashimema giggles
07:21 cait :)
07:27 cait devbox broken :(
07:27 dcook :(
07:27 cait has someone seen this and an idea?
07:27 cait strange thing is: i rebooted my vm at work last week and it has this error since
07:27 cait on my other laptop it kept working until this morning, now it has the same error
07:27 cait one is debian and the other ubuntu
07:28 cait devbox repo is up to date
07:28 dcook No idea. I'm guessing maybe a software update? Maybe your NFS is upgrade to 4 from 3?
07:28 cait i woudl agree... but i haven't run updates yesterday
07:29 sophie_m joined #koha
07:29 dcook Ah so old host and old vm?
07:29 cait hm?
07:29 dcook I mean you didn't create a new kohadevbox today?
07:30 cait no, just trying to up my existing one
07:30 dcook Weird :/
07:30 cait yep :(
07:30 dcook I use kohadevbox on Windows and I use the Virtualbox shared folders, so no idea at all
07:30 dcook I should also get moving to catch the last 30 minutes of sunlight of the day
07:30 dcook Good luck, cait!
07:30 * dcook waves
07:32 marcelr joined #koha
07:34 kohaputti dcook, hi
07:34 kohaputti dcook, did you figure out all circ problems?
07:34 ashimema hi cait
07:35 * ashimema setup koha-testing-docker as a dev env yesterday.. was pretty painless
07:35 ashimema I couldn't get kohadevbox to work though :(
07:35 * dcook totally didn't leave work *sighs*
07:35 dcook koha-testing-docker++
07:35 kohaputti ashimema, the kohadevbox ansible script works quite nicely on any VM
07:35 dcook @karma koha-testing-docker
07:35 huginn dcook: Karma for "koha-testing-docker" has been increased 1 time and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 1.
07:35 kohaputti ashimema, did you use also that with docker?
07:35 ashimema koha-testing-docker++
07:35 dcook kohaputti: The client was happy to do the workaround, so it's a non-issue now in practice
07:36 matts hi #koha!
07:36 dcook salut matts :)
07:36 ashimema kohaputti:[…]ha-testing-docker
07:36 kohaputti dcook, they can also first cancel the holds, I think koha goes weird if you force it, like it says item is waiting for pickup when you actually just checked out it to somebody
07:36 ashimema it's likely to be the eventual replacement for kohadevbox.. it's lighter weight
07:36 matts hi people in Luleå! (home of one of my favorite bands)
07:36 dcook I really only have 1 project where I need a virtual machine and I already have a pretty decent Docker image that I've made for it, so hopefully in the nearish future I'll transition to koha-testing-docker totally...
07:36 kohaputti dcook, or maybe not, maybe it asks to cancel it already in the confirmation prompt
07:37 dcook kohaputti: There's a tonne of holds for the item so that wouldn't be an option but I totally thought of that heh
07:37 kohaputti dcook, but why does the library want to give away somebody's hold?
07:37 ashimema we should probably rename it to kohadevbox-docker or something
07:37 dcook ashimema: Not as well encapsulated though I reckon :/
07:37 ashimema it started out as a project for our ci testing
07:38 dcook kohaputti: Your guess is as good as mine ;)
07:38 ashimema not as well encapsulated?
07:38 ashimema in what respect
07:38 dcook I'm thinking mostly in terms of the database
07:38 ashimema hey.. you're meant to be going out into the last of the sunshine dcook
07:38 dcook Ugh I know
07:38 dcook I really should do that
07:38 dcook I'll be a little miserable if I don't
07:38 * dcook could stay at this computer forever
07:38 dcook I do have beer and burgers at home though calling my name...
07:38 * calire shoos dcook outside
07:38 ashimema go enjoy the sun.. :)
07:39 dcook From the hour long commute
07:39 dcook heh
07:39 kohaputti ashimema, I think we should keep kohadevbox because it doesn't tie us to one platform
07:39 dcook Ok. Well, enjoy your Fridays. Chat to you all next week.
07:39 cait updating vagrant - cross fingers :)
07:39 * dcook actually leaves this time
07:39 calire havea good weekend
07:39 ashimema I agree
07:39 kohaputti dcook, bye!
07:39 ashimema I'd love to see both maintained
07:39 ashimema though of course that does require volunteers to maintain them both ;)
07:41 kohaputti I guess if somebody has the need the maintenance will keep going
07:41 ashimema koha-testing-docker may actually convince me to switch from remote dev to local dev environment.. and give me the fun of trying out a new shiny editor.. I'm thinkin Oni or Noevim-gtk
07:42 kohaputti ashimema, you mean that with docker you can edit the files from the container directly from your host machine?
07:42 ashimema you can with kohadevbox too
07:43 ashimema just setup the environment to point to a kohaclone outside of the box
07:43 kohaputti ashimema, depends how you run kohadevbox scripts :P
07:44 cait vagrnat update didn't fix it....
07:44 ashimema indeed
07:44 ashimema oh knows cait
07:44 ashimema this on your ubuntu box.. or a windows one?
07:47 rj_white joined #koha
07:47 cait ubuntu
07:47 cait i am trying the suggestions here, but no luck sof ar:
07:49 paxed uhhh... why did the bug 21616 get severity: blocker by default? i'm sure i didn't set that ...
07:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21616 blocker, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , Translation toolchain has no tests
07:50 cait browser glitch? not usre
07:51 paxed changed it to enhancement
07:52 paxed could be i just misclicked something, but ahwell
07:52 cait getting closer: exportfs: duplicated export entries
07:55 cait might have found the issue
07:55 cait doubled up entry in /etc/exports
07:56 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ooting_KohaDevBox
07:57 cait yep, much better
07:57 ashimema well done cait
07:59 m23 joined #koha
08:06 rj_white Hello, #koha!
08:06 rj_white I've recently been playing with Alpine Linux. Has anyone tried installing Koha on it?
08:20 laurence joined #koha
08:20 cait rj_white: haven't heard about it, sorry
08:20 laurence left #koha
08:29 fridolin ashimema: hi dear RMaint
08:29 fridolin ashimema: i work on Bug 21352 backport
08:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21352 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , Allow plugins to add CSS and Javascript to Staff interface
08:30 fridolin in 18.05.x, i dont see the patch "Use the raw filter for plugin hooks, both opac and staff side"
08:30 fridolin normal ?
08:30 ashimema yup
08:31 josef_moravec joined #koha
08:31 ashimema we don't have the $raw template filter backported yet
08:31 ashimema I'll pm you
08:32 fridolin ashimema: i will just add a commit that removes html filter
08:33 fridolin this enh is Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat
08:33 ashimema hehe
08:33 ashimema you jumping on board with my policy of backporting for plugin authors then :)
08:33 ashimema `| html` filters should be fine
08:34 ashimema it's `| $raw` one's which aren't
08:35 fridolin ashimema: but the plugin adds full html code, whe dont want it to be escaped
08:35 fridolin so remove this html filter
08:35 ashimema oh.. totally
08:35 ashimema my brain hasn't woken up this morning yet ;)
08:46 ashimema do you mean these lines[…]cd4792dd8c2_26_26
08:47 ashimema oh I see now..
08:47 ashimema ack.. I need to throw a followup on my branch too...
08:47 ashimema bad rmaint, bad rmaint :'(
08:47 * ashimema self flagilates
08:51 * ashimema has pushed a followup.. thanks for highlighting that fridolin
08:52 ashimema I'm still struggling on that other one where you were stuggling to get tests to pass..
08:52 ashimema will have another bash today.. my brain gave up before I worked it through
08:54 fridolin ashimema: thanks a lot, it may be paused to be in next release
08:54 fridolin we do wat we can ;)
08:54 ashimema all good
08:54 fridolin no worries, your great
08:54 ashimema I've got a few in that queue for my branch too
08:54 ashimema the OverDrive one bing a big one
08:55 * ashimema wonders who might take on 18.05 next cycle.. I'm enjoying doing 'stable', but I don't know that I'm ready to do two at the same time ;)
08:55 ashimema looked like hard work ;)
08:57 fridolin yep i hope someone will come, i'd like to spend some time on fixing/testing
08:57 fridolin i'll try to be RMaint on 18.11 if your not on it next release
08:58 fridolin ashimema: is there a text we will add to release notes to explain how to use/create the Plugins ?
08:58 ashimema erm
08:59 ashimema I've been slowly working through the release notes of late.. trying to improve bug titles and descriptions
08:59 ashimema but it's slow going..
08:59 ashimema Only just really got to it at the end of this months cycle
09:00 ashimema did you see the new koha-release-notes stuff I did?
09:00 ashimema[…]oha-release-notes is now automagically rebuilt every few hours (but only if new stuff has been pushed to your branch)
09:01 ashimema so there's draft notes there for our branches as well as master
09:01 * ashimema spots a bug just as he says that
09:02 dcook joined #koha
09:05 cait joined #koha
09:05 cait back
09:08 cait not lucky toay
09:09 cait trying to run reset_all
09:09 cait This action will erase all your data. Are you sure? (y/N) y Can't locate IPC/   /home/vagrant/kohaclone/IPC/ Permission denied at /home/vagrant/misc4dev/ line 19. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/vagrant/misc4dev/ line 19.
09:09 ashimema ?
09:09 ashimema :'(
09:09 cait that's on a brand new one
09:09 cait after a destroy an dup
09:10 cait hm.
09:12 cait hm looks like the extrenal git repository wasn't inked up correctly *sigh*
09:13 cait ok, works now - just one of _these_ days :)
09:49 paul_p joined #koha
10:05 rj_white joined #koha
10:17 m23 joined #koha
10:25 magnuse joined #koha
10:27 Joubu hi #koha
10:27 josef_moravec hi Joubu
10:43 LittleDrunkGirl joined #koha
10:49 rj_white left #koha
11:32 oleonard joined #koha
11:33 oleonard Hey
11:55 Joubu oleonard: Hi! What's the status of bug 21476?
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21476 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Markup error prevents HTML5 media from playing in the OPAC
11:56 oleonard I ran into some problem when testing, got distracted. I'll get back on it today.
12:00 alex_a joined #koha
12:08 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:09 paul_p joined #koha
12:52 corilynn paxed, yt?
12:53 caroline joined #koha
12:53 corilynn good {time of day} #koha
12:53 paxed corilynn: yes?
12:53 caroline hi everybody!
12:53 * calire waves
12:53 corilynn i'm looking at bug 21559, and I'm a little confused about how the framework changes automatically
12:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21559 new feature, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Needs Signoff , Rules for automatic framework codes
12:54 corilynn I set the rules in MarcToFrameworkcodeAutoconvert
12:54 paxed corilynn: if the framework rules match, then the framework should be automatically selected in addbiblio
12:55 caroline ashimema: I'm trying to trigger an SR_SLIP email. I ran ./ --report email --send-email --execute but it gave me "Redundant argument in sprintf at ./ line 316." Is there something I'm doing wrong?
12:55 ashimema oh.. hello
12:55 wahanui que tal, ashimema
12:55 * ashimema reads
12:56 ashimema oh.. that's an odd one
12:57 corilynn oh, wait I have the wrong file... paxed, let me try again, accidentally grabbed an ebook
12:58 corilynn oh, but it's a CF, the dropdown didn't change from default
12:58 caroline It might totally be on my side. I kinda went blindly into it and tried a bunch of stuff, so I might have broken something
12:58 ashimema nah.. it certainly shouldn't be failing like that
12:59 ashimema could be a rebase error came in somewhere along the line and was missed during qa/testing
12:59 * ashimema is just trying to wrap his head around it.
13:00 Joubu ashimema: 1. sprintf is useless, 2. no_branch_email => 1 is considered as arg for sprintf, looks like it is not what's expected
13:01 ashimema yeah..
13:01 ashimema I have absolutely no idea why there are loads of sprintf uses in there at all
13:01 ashimema going back to the original branch.. this is code alex wrote before I took over.. and I never spotted the issue
13:02 corilynn paxed, maybe I have my rules wrong? I'm testing on http://staff-bug21559.sb1.sand[…]=1&breedingid=427
13:04 corilynn 006 byte one is "m" for CF for Sue Grafton's "R" is for ricochet from Seattle Public Library
13:04 paxed corilynn: i don't know the login, never used the sandboxes
13:04 corilynn koha / koha
13:06 paxed corilynn: the rule was wrong, i fixed it. should have no "syspref:" there
13:06 corilynn oh
13:06 corilynn wasn't sure about that
13:08 paxed corilynn: also, that record doesn't match the rules, so the framework will be the default :)
13:08 corilynn but the 006 was m, what else do I need to match the rules?
13:09 paxed corilynn: the rule you have there matches on 000/06
13:09 corilynn oh, the sixth byte of 000
13:09 RHeaton joined #koha
13:09 corilynn ?
13:10 paxed yes
13:12 corilynn BINGO!
13:12 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:14 ashimema caroline: that's definitely a bug.. so glad you caught it.. can't believe so many of us missed it.
13:14 caroline ok! (I,m kinda glad it's not me :) )
13:15 caroline I got a couple of template bugs too, I think oleonard is already on the case :)
13:15 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:18 ashimema odd.. we have it like that in production
13:18 ashimema with it in the cron
13:18 ashimema `15 02 * * * $KOHA_CRON_PATH/ --send-email --report=email --execute`
13:21 alex_a joined #koha
13:24 ashimema have you created bugs for them?
13:24 ashimema I'll get cracking on these sprintf's
13:24 ashimema that is the problem with code lingering for so long :(
13:24 caroline the templates you mean?
13:24 ashimema far too many changes of hands and rebases
13:24 ashimema no.. the failure for email
13:25 ashimema is there a bug for that or shall I create it for you?
13:25 caroline I didn't create a bug for the sprint if thing
13:25 * oleonard is going to see if he can his 11-yr-old to submit a patch for Bug 21615
13:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21615 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , "Stock rotation" is at the wrong place in the Tools left side menu
13:25 caroline the ones I created are bug 21614 and bug 21615
13:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21614 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Search bar on Stock rotation page displays both [-] and [+] simultaneously
13:26 mtompset joined #koha
13:26 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
13:26 mtompset @seen kidclamp
13:26 huginn mtompset: kidclamp was last seen in #koha 12 hours, 37 minutes, and 25 seconds ago: <kidclamp> good {time_of_day} to you all
13:26 ashimema awesome oleonard.. I'll QA that ;)
13:26 caroline I admit I was kind of stumped by the cron error (and it was last night at 10pm)
13:26 caroline I haven't gotten further
13:26 mtompset caroline, what cron error?
13:27 ashimema we're on it mtompset
13:27 caroline mtompset: I get an error when I run the stockrotation cron
13:27 ashimema seems stockrotation went in with some bugs
13:27 ashimema sprintf used incorrectly
13:27 mtompset DOH!
13:28 ashimema not an area I messed with when I took the code over.. shuold be easy enough to fix..
13:28 ashimema interestingly.. I'm sure it's been working elsewhere.. just can't see how now
13:28 caroline sometimes it's good to have a noob try to test something :)
13:28 ashimema perhaps they're on even older versions
13:28 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:28 ashimema anywho.
13:28 mtompset ashimema, bug number? It will need a sign off. ;)
13:28 ashimema there isn't one yet
13:28 ashimema that's just what I was asking caroline for ;)
13:29 mtompset Greetings, caroline ashimema
13:29 caroline hello mtompset :)
13:29 mtompset oleonard has a phased existence, in that he doesn't exist for me until he speaks. ;)
13:30 mtompset so who ran around tagging 18.11 release candidates?
13:30 oleonard But really, 99% of the time if you see me in here I'm actually here. No fancy always-connected IRC setup for me.
13:30 mtompset I was going to suggest another one to tag. :)
13:31 mtompset oleonard++ # has a real existence, not a pretend to be here one. :)
13:32 ashimema 18.11 release candidates?
13:32 ashimema didn't know there were any
13:32 mtompset I didn't either, until I hit one on bugzilla.
13:33 oleonard Also: Bugzilla says who made the change, so...
13:33 ashimema oh.. bugzilla tags
13:33 ashimema no.. didn't know either
13:35 mtompset sorry, the bugzilla tag context was only clear in my mind. :)
13:35 Joubu I used it a lot for 18.05
13:38 Margaret joined #koha
13:39 kmlussier joined #koha
13:40 mtompset Greetings, oleonard Joubu
13:41 mtompset Greetings, Margaret kmlussier Dyrcona
13:41 * mtompset 's random order of names proves humanity, right? :)
13:41 Dyrcona :)
13:41 oleonard Why isn't wahanui programmed to cheerfullly greet us every time we arrive?
13:42 kmlussier Greetings!
13:42 ashimema bug 21620 caroline
13:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21620 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Errors when using email from cronjob
13:42 mtompset oleonard, imagine the horrible flooding, then there is a massive server split/bump.
13:42 mtompset ^then^when^
13:42 mtompset Probably to avoid floodiness.
13:43 Margaret greetings #koha
13:45 ashimema caroline.. my test plan might be slightly out.. but it sounds like you have the basic setup done to be able to replicate the issue
13:45 ashimema the untranslatableness of it mtompset
13:45 ashimema yeah
13:45 Joubu 315?
13:45 ashimema it's horrible
13:45 ashimema it's on my list to fix that when i get a moment
13:45 mtompset The rough line number of where ashimema fixed and horrid sprintf parse.
13:45 ashimema SR was very different first time around.. lots and lots of hard coded horrors
13:45 mtompset in the bug he linked.
13:46 mtompset and the sprintf abuse otherwise... WHY?!
13:46 ashimema yup.. I've removed allot of it
13:46 ashimema the sprintf use was before my time I'm afraid ;)
13:47 ashimema I just hadn't cleaned it up during countless rebases
13:47 ashimema actually.. I'd love some advice on how to clean it up the be honest
13:48 ashimema the script is so darn hard coded and sequential in the first place it was a nightmare to make some of it work with notices
13:48 mtompset find block of code with sprintf, test for a %, if none, display block as candidate for cleaning.
13:48 mtompset plus... wouldn't you want a get letter call of some sort?
13:49 * mtompset needs more caffeine. :)
13:49 calire left #koha
13:50 ashimema see lines 409 onwards
13:52 caroline joined #koha
13:54 mtompset Anyways... signing off...
13:54 * ashimema thinks alex is great really.. but I think his fascination with scheme and guile comes through here
13:55 ashimema it's a very excentric way of writing this script
13:55 ashimema thanks
13:55 ashimema me adds cleaning up the script more to his pile
13:55 mtompset so close to a perlcritic -4. ;)
13:56 ashimema the more I read that bit the more it makes me sad I haven't already fixed it
13:56 ashimema that entire block really aught to be a second notice type I reckon
13:56 ashimema and..
13:56 mtompset also -3 would be possible too.
13:56 mtompset and and and... if only we had infinite time. :)
13:56 ashimema all the bare text handling here should actually be code that grabs te prepared letter.. throws it through the template parser and spits out a plain text email to display on the command line
13:57 ashimema thats actually what that area of code is attempting to do.. show you a preview of the emails on the command line
14:03 * ashimema is looking forward to tcohen finishing the testing docker build for 18.05.. I feel sad that my branch is still yellow accross the board :(
14:06 mtompset "my branch" which branch again? I don't keep roles in my head.
14:06 ashimema stable.. 18.05
14:06 ashimema it has one failing test.. a selenium one which is fixed for master but the fix is outside of koha and in the testing container
14:08 * ashimema is confident it'll be green before release.. and it's a test error rather than the test highlighting an issue in koha
14:08 mtompset true.
14:09 mtompset Runs back to his emails to see if Joubu told us bug numbers about his breaking SQL tests.
14:09 ashimema bug 21610 is the main one
14:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21610 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Koha::Object->store needs to handle incorrect values
14:09 ashimema would be interested on your take on it.
14:13 mtompset ashimema++ # thanks for the bug number.
14:17 mtompset Signing off things that fix or add tests is a priority of mine. :)
14:17 * mtompset is testing it now.
14:29 fridolin left #koha
14:37 * mtompset wishes he had $30K to build his ultimate dream computer. :)
14:39 Joubu $ is ARG pesos then? I would not spent $USD 30K in a computer...
14:49 caroline oleonard: about bug 21614 is it a valuable request if I ask to have "Search the catalog" selected by default (like in rotating collections)? How is the decision for the search bar made?
14:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21614 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Search bar on Stock rotation page displays both [-] and [+] simultaneously
14:50 oleonard Oh yeah, that's a better choice caroline. Mark it Failed and I'll fix it.
14:50 caroline ok
14:54 * ashimema is really impressed by the thorough workout stock rotation is now getting
14:54 ashimema what's prompted this caroline.. it's great but a little annoying that we didn't catch many of these before it was pushed to master.. would have been nice to have pushed earlier and swept these up before now ..
14:55 ashimema oh well.. at least your catching them all now rather than after full release
14:55 caroline ashimema: re:[…]ocs-1805/task/702 did you want to copy the text from the web page into the manual yourself? Not sure if your comment is "please validate" or "someone else do it pls"
14:55 oleonard caroline: Working on documentation, eh?
14:55 ashimema it was a 'please validate'
14:55 ashimema does it make sense to copy it in.. should it just be linked to from the manual.. or moved into the manual and linked to from the website
14:56 caroline ashimema and oleonard yes, I wanted to add SR_SLIP to the manual
14:56 oleonard caroline++
14:56 * ashimema thinks as soon as something is maintained in two places then it goes out of date fast
14:56 ashimema oh.. I missed SR_SLIP in my sr docs.. sorry about that
14:58 ashimema do we have any appendices yet?
14:58 ashimema looks like we don't..
15:00 * oleonard still has his
15:00 ashimema haha
15:01 reiveune bye
15:01 reiveune left #koha
15:03 caroline Sorry had a phone call from a client
15:03 caroline so yeah, I wanted to document SR_SLIP, but then I noticed in the manual there are two sections "notices" and "slips". From what I gather, the only difference is which CSS it uses NoticeCSS or SlipCSS
15:04 caroline So I created a css that just makes everything blue and another that makes everything red and I wanted to generate an SR_SLIP
15:04 caroline but couldn't because of the cron error
15:05 caroline story of my evening last night :)
15:05 caroline ashimema: I agree for the link
15:05 oleonard "Honey did you do the dishes?" "Sorry no, cron error."
15:06 caroline hehehe! I also did the dishes *superwoman"
15:06 caroline :D
15:06 caroline having the text in the manual and the website will result that they eventually will diverge
15:07 * oleonard should have done the dishes...
15:09 caroline oleonard is losing points with S/O for not doing the dishes
15:09 oleonard Neither one of us did any chores :D
15:09 ashimema I think[…]release-schedule/ is pretty solid now.. so shuold probably serve as the primary location with others linking to it.. do we agree
15:09 caroline I agree!
15:10 ashimema although.. it's the harder place to edit and has not qa process to submitting alterations to it.. not in the same way as the manual does
15:10 ashimema ish
15:10 ashimema okies..
15:10 mtompset Joubu, dual cpu, 3 way SLI, 3 monitors, max memory, nice SSD.
15:10 caroline I thought about that
15:10 ashimema I'll try to find an appropriate spot to add a link
15:10 caroline but the process shouldn't really change that often
15:10 ashimema indeed
15:11 mtompset[…]aved/#view=ysDdnQ
15:12 paul_p joined #koha
15:12 oleonard Three 30" monitors is going to give you neck strain
15:12 ashimema in here perhaps?[…]n/html/intro.html
15:13 mtompset oleonard, oh right.. thanks, I need to add a gaming chair.
15:13 oleonard With the leftover 30k you can hire a part-time masseuse
15:14 caroline oleonard: you're onto something
15:15 mtompset[…]011_t3_B005ZQAGIU
15:15 caroline Where I worked before, we used to have a masseuse (is that the real word in English? In French it sounds very dirty) come in every month and we would virtually fight for a spot
15:15 mtompset oleonard, massage therapist.
15:15 mtompset masseuse has negative connotations.
15:15 caroline mtompset: sounds better
15:16 oleonard Unnecessary gender specificity at the very least
15:16 caroline in French, masseuse is borderline prostitute
15:16 mtompset -- yep, that is what I was getting at.
15:17 caroline I didn't know if it was the same in English
15:17 mtompset I hadn't thought about it, until it came up in conversation with an RMT I know.
15:17 mtompset (Registered Massage Therapist)
15:18 oleonard caroline: In my opinion in English it's a possible connotation, not a definite one.
15:18 oleonard caroline: But it is certainly out of date.
15:20 caroline ashimema: to answer your question from 5 minutes ago that was actually on-topic, maybe we'll have to discuss it with the rest of the team because the consensus last meeting was an appendix
15:20 ashimema lol
15:20 ashimema no worries
15:20 mtompset I thought appendixes were removed, not added. ;)
15:20 * mtompset makes a horrible pun on appendix.
15:40 * caroline is overjoyed to have only 14 emails in inbox! :O ...but 71 tasks in redmine... :(
15:46 ashimema anyone here remember CCSR?
15:47 ashimema were they canadian.. was there a long form for their name?
15:47 ashimema aha
15:47 ashimema found them
15:48 ashimema `Centre collégial des services regroupés`
15:48 caroline they are now collecto
15:48 caroline but we still call them CCSR between us
15:48 ashimema am I right in thinking canadian
15:48 ashimema can't tell from their website.. lol
15:48 sonOfRa joined #koha
15:48 caroline yes, specifically from quebec
15:48 ashimema .ca
15:49 ashimema ta
15:49 caroline we have a special kind of college between high school and university here and its a group of those
15:50 caroline what do you need to know about them?
15:51 ashimema bug 20720 seemed like a good friday afternoon task ;)
15:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20720 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , Add libraries (sponsors) to the about page
15:51 caroline So I would put Collecto in there because it's their name now
15:52 caroline or is it automated?
15:53 caroline We'd have to go and change the sponsored-by in the bugs?
15:53 * ashimema wonders if Dover, DoverNet and DOVER are all in fact Harvard Busines School
15:53 ashimema it's not automated yet ;)
15:53 ashimema I was intending on submitting a patch manually to start with.. then working on an automation script
16:16 corilynn nothing like reverse-engineering a thing
16:20 oleonard ashimema: DoverNet:[…]rnet-koha-support
16:23 ashimema ta oleonard
16:24 ashimema bug 20720 now nso
16:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20720 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Add libraries (sponsors) to the about page
16:24 ashimema and on that note.. time to go cook tea
16:24 ashimema have a good weekend #koha
16:34 corilynn bug 18823 updated with a big 'ol testing doc
16:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18823 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, carnold, Needs Signoff , Advanced editor - Rancor - add ability to edit records in import batches
16:47 nuentoter joined #koha
16:48 nuentoter joined #koha
16:48 nuentoter good afternoon/morning/evening/tea-time everyone!
16:54 nuentoter joined #koha
16:54 nuentoter joined #koha
16:59 nuentoter joined #koha
17:01 CrispyBran joined #koha
17:02 * CrispyBran waves at everyone (but gives a fist bump to kidclamp)
17:02 kidclamp Rm privileges!
17:03 * kidclamp fist bumps - then squids
17:03 CrispyBran squids?
17:03 CrispyBran fingers?
17:03 CrispyBran you kids and your lingo
17:04 * CrispyBran looks to see if he can sign off on bu 18823
17:05 * CrispyBran hoping someone will signoff on bug 21503
17:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21503 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cbrannon, Needs Signoff , Update to fall back to code if description doesn't exist
17:05 kidclamp I was thinking jellyfish:
17:05 * CrispyBran especially hopes someone will signoff on bug 21346
17:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21346 major, P5 - low, ---, cbrannon, Needs Signoff , Clean up dialogs in / Fix waiting holds at wrong location bug
17:06 CrispyBran :)
17:10 mtompset Greetings, CrispyBran.
17:10 mtompset Greetings, kidclamp nuentoter
17:11 CrispyBran Howdy mtompset
17:11 nuentoter o7
17:11 nuentoter hello
17:11 wahanui hola, nuentoter
17:12 mtompset CrispyBran, your patch is ugly to eyeball... also... I don't like your adding the negative case.
17:12 mtompset transfertodo seems pointless to me.
17:12 CrispyBran What are you expecting of me
17:12 kidclamp hi mtompset
17:12 CrispyBran I am fixing a mess as it is
17:12 mtompset true, you are.
17:14 mtompset also transfertodo isn't used in your patch.
17:14 mtompset so why add it?
17:17 mtompset Oooo.... it's in -- hmmm... [% transfertodo = (! reserved) %] and don't pass it?
17:18 mtompset Oops... waiting
17:18 mtompset [% transfertodo = (! waiting) %]
17:18 CrispyBran I was was one of the items that came up in my testing.
17:18 mtompset Right, because it is in, but it wasn't passed.
17:19 mtompset someone probably cut it, without tweaking all the transfertodo's.
17:19 * mtompset shrugs. Less parameters = good.
17:19 CrispyBran Works like a dream now
17:20 CrispyBran I'm not ready for an overhaul
17:20 mtompset Yes, but the pass is a coder's eyesore.
17:20 mtompset because effectively the same ? with the true and false values swapped.
17:21 CrispyBran You've lost me
17:21 CrispyBran on the transfertodo?
17:21 mtompset PM'ing. :)
17:25 oleonard Bye #koha, happy weekend
17:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20554: Compiled CSS <[…]c19323cdca4d9ddcd>
17:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21617: DBRev <[…]a07d512bcc0a3741d>
17:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21617: statistics.ccode is not long enough (see also DBRev <[…]80cc36269ebbef05f>
17:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21277: (follow-up) fr-CA translation for notices in sample_notices.sql <[…]3b140de7a8dac1143>
17:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21607: Make Koha::Account::Line->apply store credits as negative amounts <[…]04d072973efbeeedc>
17:28 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21590: change virtual shelf to list in send list email. <[…]c4b463f6fb08c3f04>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21005: Address QA tool failures on tabs <[…]2cc08c0b2ce74b8b1>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21531: Subscription "New fields" button should read "New field" <[…]950773c1416422b0c>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21505: Box around 'Additional fields' does not contain the fields <[…]df301408251659e79>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21523: Update two-column templates with Bootstrap grid: Serials part 2 <[…]78a9a8d27d13638e4>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21519: Update two-column templates with Bootstrap grid: Serials part 1 <[…]73b1d68822c182706>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20554: (QA follow up) Remove padding in mobile view <[…]4378bb4bc242eb343>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21277: fr-CA translation for notices in sample_notices.sql <[…]086e7881dc1bba195>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21005: Missing row/column defaults cause unexpected results in report wizards <[…]50cdecf538d890612>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20592: Add tests <[…]a3cbd14065da79c9d>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20554: (follow-up) Add local font files and add method for loading them <[…]267d7dd7b8021812a>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20592: Return early in ModItem if nothing to update <[…]1c096e669732eb551>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20554: New OPAC CSS <[…]11b89a493fc73480a>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15282: Switch default CHECKIN notice to Template Toolkit <[…]ed6e5497340ea19f2>
17:29 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15280: Switch default CHECKOUT notice to Template Toolkit <[…]719015bc71b984026>
17:35 CrispyBran @seen corilynn
17:35 huginn CrispyBran: corilynn was last seen in #koha 1 hour and 9 seconds ago: <corilynn> bug 18823 updated with a big 'ol testing doc
17:49 sophie_m joined #koha
18:09 mtompset CrispyBran++ # for becoming more involved. :)
18:09 CrispyBran Thanks mtompset
18:12 caroline can I sign off a patch that depends on another that is failed qa?
18:13 mtompset What's the patch that failed qa?
18:13 CrispyBran If it depends on something that failed, I don't know.  How do you know it will work once the dependacy is fixed?
18:13 caroline bug 21387
18:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21387 minor, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Failed QA , Receive items from - form should include tax hints the same as the ordering form
18:14 caroline This second one works bug 21619
18:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21619 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Tax hints should not be abbreviated
18:17 mtompset Hmm... The problem is when 21387 changes, that will affect it. While it would be nice to, I'd rather error on the side of caution and say no.
18:18 caroline Ok. I'll add a comment saying I tested and its fine though (without changing the status)
18:19 mtompset I'm trying to figure out why the bug failed.
18:19 caroline I just tested it and when I change my vendor settings to "include tax" the receiving form show the wrong hints
18:20 caroline (shows tax exc. instead of tax inc.)
18:22 mtompset Ah.
18:26 kidclamp have a nice weekend all!
18:28 mtompset You too.
18:29 mtompset It would be better, if bug 14385 got pushed to master. ;)
18:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14385 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Passed QA , Extend OpacHiddenItems to allow specifying exempt borrower categories
18:29 Joubu @later tcohen api/v1/oauth.t tests are skipped on d9 and u18, "Net::OAuth2::AuthorizationServer not available", is that expected?
18:29 huginn Joubu: downloading the Perl source
18:29 Joubu @later tell tcohen api/v1/oauth.t tests are skipped on d9 and u18, "Net::OAuth2::AuthorizationServer not available", is that expected?
18:29 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
18:55 * cbrannon[A] is now away - Reason : Lunch
19:00 nuentoter is there an easy way to import my onloan stuff? i pulled a report of all my current checkouts, would the offline checkin tool be the best?
19:32 corilynn CrispyBran, still there?
19:39 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
19:41 corilynn oh, cbrannon it is now
19:42 corilynn l8r #koha!
19:58 Margaret_ joined #koha
19:59 Margare__ joined #koha
20:17 * CrispyBran is no longer away : Gone for 1 hour 22 minutes 21 seconds
20:31 caroline rangi around?
21:06 CrispyBran kidclamp: got a few minutes to spare?
22:12 Veronica joined #koha
22:12 Veronica login only with user without password, what to do, thank you very much
22:22 caroline have a good weekend #koha!
22:26 Margaret joined #koha
22:35 Veronica login only with user without password, what to do, thank you very much
22:58 Margaret joined #koha
23:04 Dyrcona joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary