IRC log for #koha, 2018-10-03

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 ToyTown joined #koha
00:35 kathryn joined #koha
01:10 irma_ joined #koha
01:44 mtompset @seen Joubu
01:44 huginn mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 4 hours, 30 minutes, and 28 seconds ago: <Joubu> (I have to leave sooner than expected, sorry! See you tomorrow)
01:44 mtompset Oh sucky.
01:45 mtompset Anyone familiar with the opac cart delete one, but two get removed?
01:50 mtompset OOOOOOH! Found it.
02:39 davidnind I couldn't replicate it using the koha-testing-docker - this was against master. I think caroline could (see the IRC log for today). I also tried it on Catalyst's demo, and things worked as expected. Unless I'm missing something....
02:58 mtompset davidnind, replicate what?
02:59 mtompset It's the remove link that appears in the search results after you click the add cart in the search results. -- If you are talking about the bug I was referencing.
03:01 davidnind That's the one - I had just worked it out when your message came through.
03:04 mtompset I signed it off. :)
03:05 mtompset Have to remember to force the scripts/CSS reload too. :)
03:06 davidnind Excellent! mtompset++
03:12 BobB joined #koha
03:13 irma_ joined #koha
03:25 mtompset ARG! Why do downloads have to be so slow? I wish I had a T1 line.
03:25 mtompset How do I find someone who wants to give me a T1 for free? :)
03:43 mtompset @seen dcook
03:43 huginn mtompset: dcook was last seen in #koha 17 hours, 22 minutes, and 28 seconds ago: <dcook> Ok actually leaving. Night everyone!
03:44 hjb1 joined #koha
03:44 mtompset @later tell dcook Ever since I moved my work laptop to Ubuntu, I haven't used the Windows 10 setup. So slow to update to test this problem. :)
03:44 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
04:15 irma_ joined #koha
05:01 davidnind joined #koha
05:11 josef_moravec joined #koha
05:32 sophie_m joined #koha
05:34 sophie_m joined #koha
05:48 davidnind left #koha
05:58 m23 joined #koha
06:21 paxed i guess bug 11175 isn't going anywhere
06:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11175 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Failed QA , Show the parent record's component parts in the detailed views
06:22 ashimema @later tell caroline that release maintanence page on the wiki is really written for the release maintainers. I'd be happy to write a normal person summary of the dev process... Perhaps a diagram could speak a thousand words
06:22 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
06:26 irma_ joined #koha
06:29 matts hi
06:33 reiveune joined #koha
06:34 reiveune hello
06:56 alex_a joined #koha
06:57 alex_a bonjour
06:59 tuxayo o/ #koha
06:59 tuxayo hi alex_a :)
07:03 davidnind joined #koha
07:08 sameee joined #koha
07:36 ashimema Mornin' #koha
07:49 tuxayo o/ ashimema
07:49 alexbuckley joined #koha
07:52 josef_moravec hi #koha
08:02 kohaputti joined #koha
08:05 fridolin joined #koha
08:13 paul_p joined #koha
09:14 cait joined #koha
09:16 cait good morning #koha
09:17 m23 #koha aloha
09:23 Infra_3600 joined #koha
09:43 ashimema jenkins inbound
09:43 cait :)
09:50 chris____ joined #koha
09:50 chris____ left #koha
09:55 Guest1662 Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #71: UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_U18/71/
09:55 ashimema poop
09:56 Guest1662 Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #71: FAILURE in 51 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D8/71/
09:58 paul_p_ joined #koha
10:03 fridolin joined #koha
10:03 ashimema hmm
10:04 ashimema ooh.. Jenkins needs some maintanence.. don't think it was me who broked it :)
10:04 ashimema @later tell tcohen could you take a look at Jenkins pretty please.. he looks upset about junit
10:04 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
10:07 fridolin left #koha
10:07 fridolin joined #koha
10:08 Guest1662 Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #71: SUCCESS in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D9/71/
10:09 Joubu ashimema: Resolving ( failed: Temporary failure in name resolution.
10:09 Joubu this is the relevant error I think
10:09 ashimema :)
10:09 ashimema ta Joubu
10:10 ashimema bit early for you isn't it?
10:10 Joubu yes
10:10 ashimema there is also a junit warning I think.. so still requires a little attention
10:11 paul_p__ joined #koha
10:14 Joubu ashimema: the tests did not run, so no output and so junit failed. I do not think it fails when the tests success
10:16 Joubu @later tell davidnind I have never used Robot Framework and did not know Screen capture library, but basically I was suggesting exactly the same, the syntax would be the same (did you re-read the email I sent about that few months ago?)
10:16 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:17 Joubu @later tell davidnind What is "screen capture library" btw? I have found but it says "This repository contains a cross platform Screen Capture Library currently in development. The API is likely to change in the near future when more drivers (Windows / Linux) will be added. This is experimental code."
10:17 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:17 Joubu @later tell davidnind 4y ago!
10:17 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:21 Guest1662 Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #72: STILL UNSTABLE in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_U18/72/
10:22 Joubu @later tell nevermind I guess you were refering to the screen capture provided by Selenium
10:22 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:24 cait kidclamp: ping?
10:27 Joubu Bug 21479 # Please comment on that one, we need people to test on sandbox/demo
10:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21479 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Removing from cart removes 2 items
10:27 Joubu davidnind reported he did not recreate the issue, if the problem does not exist for everybody we will need to understand why
10:29 m23 joined #koha
10:39 AndrewIsh joined #koha
10:43 Guest1662 Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #72: NOW UNSTABLE in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D8/72/
10:57 Margaret joined #koha
11:02 kidclamp cait: poing
11:02 kidclamp brb
11:02 * ashimema is confused..
11:05 kohaputti joined #koha
11:06 kidclamp morning, had to restart
11:08 ashimema hola
11:11 AndrewIsh_ joined #koha
11:18 marcelr joined #koha
11:19 marcelr hi #koha
11:19 josef_moravec hi marcelr
11:20 marcelr o/
11:20 tuxayo hi MDR :)
11:20 * cait waves
11:21 marcelr tuxayo: what are you doing :)
11:23 tuxayo marcelr: I'm not sure I understand well the question, anyway, I'll try to answer. I'm trying to detect remain of bug 23928 to avoid having item without type being generated.
11:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23928 could not be retrieved: InvalidBugId
11:23 tuxayo cait :[…]comment-425421264
11:23 tuxayo «As Koha is becoming more popular in Germany[...]»
11:23 tuxayo Is this your doing? ;)
11:24 cait actually not
11:24 cait LMSCloud is another support company
11:25 cait mostly supporting public libraries
11:25 tuxayo cait: some of it could still have been your doing ;)
11:25 marcelr tuxayo: lol, sure you didnt
11:26 tuxayo ^^"
11:28 paxed we have our own fork... and try to push changes, but it's not easy enough.
11:38 kidclamp cait++
11:40 cait kidclamp++
11:42 oleonard joined #koha
11:50 alex_a joined #koha
11:51 wizzyrea joined #koha
12:00 oleonard Firefox Extended Support Release is now on the "Quantum" track, so goodbye legacy addons :(
12:00 oleonard ...FYI in case any of your libraries use the JS Print Setup addon :( :(
12:01 cait ouch
12:11 tuxayo paxed: Thanks for trying :)
12:11 tuxayo Also, you (and maybe others) might be interested in
12:11 tuxayo It helps getting basic context of people that come from time to time here.
12:15 kohaputti_ joined #koha
12:28 m23 oleonard: creator of JSPrint works on API extension that can solve problem in Quantum[…]ment-printservice
12:31 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:38 jzairo joined #koha
12:39 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:42 tuxayo Does anyone know if it's valid to have a subscription with an itemtype to null or empty string?
12:42 tuxayo With the syspref item-level_itypes set to 1.
12:42 tuxayo We would end up with invalid items right?
12:45 tuxayo The context is trying to find and clean invalid data left by bug 20461
12:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20461 normal, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, Pushed to Stable , New subscription form: "Item type" and "item type for older issues" fields are ignored
12:49 mtompset joined #koha
12:50 mtompset Greetings, #koha
12:50 mtompset @seen tcohen
12:50 huginn mtompset: tcohen was last seen in #koha 19 hours, 19 minutes, and 8 seconds ago: <tcohen> ah, maybe syslog knows about the problem
13:03 matts Anyone interested in Koha <-> Coral integration, there's a PR that would love to be tested right here: :)
13:05 cait we need to get my coral running first ;)
13:05 matts cait, told you, it will be done at the end of the hackfest (in Marseille) !
13:05 matts cait, more seriously, I have to make a fresh install to see what's wrong with the installer. Not done yet.
13:05 mtompset What cait said. The problem with a lot of authentication mechanisms is people don't give the cut-and-paste steps for a default kohadevbox.
13:06 cait well, not quite what i said
13:06 caroline joined #koha
13:06 matts mtompset, hmm, are kohadevboxes reachable from the outside ?
13:07 cait that was an insider as matts tried to fix my coral in portland
13:07 cait maybe we could set up coral inside the devbox?
13:07 caroline good morning!
13:07 mtompset cait, "get my coral running" is "how do I install X to test Y" in my mind.
13:08 cait good morning caroline :)
13:08 mtompset matts, the kohadevbox has a different IP than the host machine.
13:08 matts mtompset, hmm, I use lxd containers, one for Koha, one for Coral, and I can make them communicate, but I'm not sure about kohadevbox.
13:09 mtompset Can't you run lxd containers inside a VM?
13:10 mtompset That's what kohadevbox is.
13:10 mtompset So, you'd have a Coral lxd container running on the Kohadevbox, and communication between the two.
13:10 matts makes sense.
13:10 mtompset (at least conceptually, that's what I figure)
13:12 tcohen hola mtompset
13:14 tcohen ashimema: did you kill the jenkins tasks? what am I looking at?
13:14 Margaret joined #koha
13:17 Joubu tcohen: I did the upgrade
13:17 tcohen what upgrade?
13:17 tcohen :-D
13:18 ashimema Joubu fixed it tcohen
13:18 ashimema sorry.. I meant to give you a second later
13:18 tcohen ah. thanks Joubu :_D
13:18 * ashimema is in meetings now.. but needs ot look at the failing tests..
13:22 ncbaratta joined #koha
13:22 alex_a joined #koha
13:22 kmlussier joined #koha
13:24 mtompset Greetings, tcohen
13:25 mtompset That kohadevbox issue is a doozy.
13:25 mtompset I'm trying some tinkering to address it.
13:31 mtompset Haven't had any success. But then again, I don't know ansible, so I'm probably doing something wrong. :)
13:33 tcohen mtompset: thanks for trying I'll take a look
13:33 tcohen we should move to stretch anyway, leaving jessie for people doing stuffs with older Koha code
13:36 oleonard tcohen: Making stretch the default in kohadevbox?
13:44 fridolin ashimema: hi
13:45 fridolin as a UK, how do you start a letter ?
13:45 fridolin ashimema: in france we say "Madame, Monsieur"
13:45 fridolin but in good engish ?
13:48 caroline fridolin he said he was in a meeting
13:48 caroline you can look at http://www.myenglishlanguage.c[…]e/letter-writing/ maybe?
13:48 fridolin ok no pb
13:48 caroline I think it's Dear Sir/Madam
13:48 fridolin clrh: ^
13:49 ashimema what caroline said
13:52 fridolin left #koha
13:53 Joubu tuxayo: yes it is valid, on the UI the select in not mandatory
13:54 tcohen oleonard: I think we need to do that already
13:55 tcohen even if this jessie bug didn't show up
13:59 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:59 Freddy_Enrique left #koha
13:59 marcelr tcohen: following debian lts ?
14:00 marcelr i should move to stretch, yes
14:00 tcohen marcelr: mostly have everyone test on current debian
14:00 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
14:01 marcelr there will be lots of koha systems still on jessie (or even lower)
14:01 marcelr and patches get backported etc.
14:02 marcelr but i agree !
14:04 mtompset tcohen, do we need the wheezy and trusty bits still?
14:05 jzairo joined #koha
14:10 Freddy_Enrique Greetings :)
14:10 caroline Hi Freddy_Enrique!
14:10 alex_a hello Freddy_Enrique
14:14 tcohen mtompset: I'm sure we don't
14:15 barton joined #koha
14:16 Infra_3600 joined #koha
14:27 Joubu tuxayo: sru is only to request zebra, they will not have access to other info
14:27 Joubu and we still do not have a z3950 server for ES
14:41 clrh Joubu: (hello) do you mean an RPN2ES ?
14:43 marcelr which we definitely need
14:43 Joubu Salut clrh, yes that's what I mean
14:43 Joubu marcelr: which is almost written already... code is 6y old :)
14:43 marcelr weren't you writing it, Joubu ?
14:44 marcelr can you add sru ?
14:44 marcelr Joubu: does elastic refer to the length of the project ?
14:45 georgew joined #koha
14:46 Margaret_ joined #koha
14:47 Joubu I do not understand what you mean
14:47 marcelr np just ignore it :)
14:50 tuxayo Thanks Joubu :)
14:50 georgew joined #koha
15:19 talljoy joined #koha
16:50 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
16:50 huginn tcohen: Cordoba, Argentina :: Clear :: 44F/7C | Wednesday: Partly cloudy. High near 75F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Wednesday Night: Clear to partly cloudy. Low 48F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
16:51 tcohen next meeting?
16:51 oleonard In a little over three hours according to the calendar.
16:53 colo_ joined #koha
16:54 kmlussier joined #koha
16:56 tcohen thanks oleonard
17:04 reiveune bye
17:04 reiveune left #koha
17:24 ashimema Meeting?
17:25 caroline in 2.5 hours
17:27 ashimema Haha,ta
17:27 mtompset @seen alex_buckley
17:27 huginn mtompset: I have not seen alex_buckley.
17:27 ashimema I'll be having tea with everyone.. want to dip in to see the kohacon result though.
17:28 mtompset @seen barton
17:28 huginn mtompset: barton was last seen in #koha 1 week, 6 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes, and 23 seconds ago: <barton> Joubu: you're right about sharing the imported file.
17:28 mtompset @seen cait
17:28 huginn mtompset: cait was last seen in #koha 4 hours, 20 minutes, and 23 seconds ago: <cait> good morning caroline :)
17:28 mtompset Are you here, cait?
17:29 mtompset @seen alexbuckley
17:29 huginn mtompset: alexbuckley was last seen in #koha 2 days, 20 hours, 39 minutes, and 19 seconds ago: <alexbuckley> good night cait
17:29 mtompset @later tell alexbuckley Please checkout bug 15529. I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with my patch.
17:29 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
17:30 mtompset @later tell barton Greetings. You're listed as interested in bug 15529. Perhaps a sign off?
17:30 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
17:30 mtompset @later tell cait Greetings. You're listed as interesting in bug 15529. Perhaps a sign off?
17:30 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
17:31 mtompset @seen wizzyrea
17:31 huginn mtompset: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 1 week, 1 day, 14 hours, 42 minutes, and 13 seconds ago: <wizzyrea> @later tell CrispyBran just later me with whatever you need ;) I think I know what it is.
17:31 mtompset @later tell wizzyrea Greetings. You're listed as interested in bug 15529. Perhaps a sign off?
17:31 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
17:32 mtompset @later tell cait interested. DOH! Hate typos. :)
17:32 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
17:32 caroline cait is also interesting :)
17:45 mtompset caroline, yes, but that isn't what I meant. :)
17:46 mtompset I was noting she is listed on the users email list of the bug, and so perhaps she'd want to sign off bug 15529
17:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15529 normal, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Needs Signoff , Process Message Queue may send duplicate emails if process is launched twice
17:47 mtompset You could always attempt a sign off too, if you'd like caroline. :)
17:47 caroline If it's not too complicated, I can try
17:47 oleonard Oh are you looking for a signoff on Bug 15529? How could we have known?! ;)
17:48 caroline lol!!
18:01 sameee joined #koha
18:18 alexbuckley joined #koha
18:59 georgew joined #koha
19:03 kathryn joined #koha
19:06 andreashm joined #koha
19:06 * andreashm waves
19:07 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
19:21 Freddy_Enrique left #koha
19:25 kmlussier joined #koha
19:27 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
19:27 mtompset @later tell oleonard Yes. :P
19:27 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
19:28 tcohen hi
19:29 rangi morning
19:30 caroline good morning rangi!
19:30 caroline hi tcohen!
19:32 tcohen hi caroline!
19:32 rangi caroline:[…]ohadocs/tags.html
19:33 * cait waves
19:33 rangi (its not showing the stuff for 18.11 yet, i think we will beat our 231 for 18.05 for it)
19:33 rangi hi cait
19:34 caroline above average! +1!
19:34 cait hm? commits?
19:34 rangi yep
19:34 caroline yes for the manual. the average is 194.46 commit per version
19:35 caroline for 18,05 we were at 231!
19:35 caroline I don't know how many so far for 18.11
19:35 rangi it feels like more to me
19:36 caroline You're the one merging them, so I'm sure you have a better idea
19:37 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:37 rangi just merged another right now ;)
19:37 cait glad to see a plan work out ;)
19:37 alexbuckley hi all
19:37 caroline hi alexbuckley!
19:38 caroline ppl are converging on IRC for the meeting it seems!
19:39 cait hm isn't it in 1.5 hours?
19:39 andreashm 20 min?
19:39 cait oh
19:39 tcohen in 21 min
19:39 cait i got the time wrong then
19:39 tcohen cait: allow timeconvert to access your location
19:39 tcohen :-P
19:40 cait i misread my calendar, it's i there correctly
19:40 alexbuckley caroline: yeah the anticipation is growing :)
19:41 andreashm exciting!
19:41 bag can’t wait
19:45 m23 joined #koha
19:48 * caroline prepares notes for the meeting
19:49 bag hahaha :P
19:49 bag welcome m23
19:50 m23 hi to all
19:51 caroline any wagers going around? ;)
19:51 JesseM Hello #koha
19:52 bag heya JesseM
19:52 bag nah caroline I just dream about it
19:54 josef_moravec joined #koha
19:55 cait caroline: i think you are the most important person tonight
19:56 jzairo hello
19:56 bag caroline: you’re always the most important person
19:56 caroline aw!
19:56 NateC joined #koha
19:56 kellym joined #koha
20:00 tcohen #startmeeting General IRC meeting 3 October 2018
20:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Oct  3 20:00:14 2018 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at
20:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 3 October 2018)
20:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_3_october_2018'
20:00 bag YES!!!
20:00 tcohen #topic Introductions
20:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 3 October 2018)
20:00 caroline #Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro
20:00 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany
20:00 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
20:00 bag #info Brendan Gallagher (bag) - ByWater
20:00 kellym #info Kelly McElligott ByWater Solutions
20:00 talljoy #info Joy Nelson, Bywater Solutions
20:00 andreashm #Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library
20:01 alexbuckley #info Alex Buckley, Catalyst IT, New Zealand
20:01 jbeno joined #koha
20:01 georgew #info George Williams, Northeast Kansas Library System
20:01 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:01 barton #info Barton Chittenden - ByWater
20:01 jzairo #info
20:01 Margaret_ #info Margaret Hade, ByWater Solutions
20:01 jzairo Jessica Zairo, ByWater Solutions
20:01 andreashm #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library
20:01 tcohen that didn't work, jz :-D
20:02 jzairo i hit enter too quick :)
20:02 bag hehe
20:02 andreashm made me realize I forgot my info at least.
20:02 tcohen you can fix it
20:02 thd joined #koha
20:03 josef_moravec #info Josef Moravec
20:03 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto, BWS
20:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:04 tcohen moving on then
20:04 tcohen #topic Announcements | KohaCon19 winning proposal
20:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements | KohaCon19 winning proposal (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 3 October 2018)
20:04 tcohen caroline, the stage is yours
20:04 bag y’all can still enter your #info at anytime
20:04 caroline Thanks!
20:04 caroline The vote was on for 7 weeks, from august 12 to september 30.
20:04 caroline We had 399 people who voted (I did a quick check and there didn't seem to be cases where ppl voted several times with different email addresses)
20:05 cait iand you all have to stay to the end of the meeting, after the reveal!
20:05 caroline And the winner is...
20:05 * caroline opens envelope
20:05 JesseM :)
20:05 caroline nterleaf/Dublin Business School/PTFS-Europe in Dublin!!
20:05 tcohen Wooooo
20:05 caroline #info The winning proposal for KohaCon19 is Interleaf/Dublin Business School/PTFS-Europe in Dublin
20:05 bag WOW
20:05 cait wow
20:05 alexbuckley wow
20:05 JesseM Cool
20:05 thd What was the final vote count?
20:05 andreashm congrats to Dublin
20:05 georgew Awww
20:06 tcohen congrats to dublin, and everyone
20:06 caroline It was over 50% for Dublin in 1st place
20:06 caroline I'm trying to find the exact number, but I'm having trouble logging in
20:06 bag caroline++
20:06 tcohen carline++
20:06 bag thanks for doing a hard job :)
20:06 cait caroline++ thx!
20:06 georgew I wanted to try to talk my boss into letting me go to Sweden.  She'd have said no, but now she'll have to say no to Dublin.
20:06 cait and congrats Dublin
20:07 caroline I'll send the exact numbers with the announcement on the mailing list
20:07 cait maybe she'll say yes?
20:07 davidnind caroline++
20:07 andreashm caroline++
20:07 caroline Sorry about the hiccups we had with the pop up publicity :/
20:07 tcohen caroline++
20:08 tcohen #actions Caroline will send an announcement to the mailing list with the final vote numbers
20:08 caroline +1
20:08 tcohen anyone? something to add ?
20:08 alexbuckley caroline++
20:09 NateC #info Nate Curulla BWS
20:09 caroline Was the voting process ok?
20:09 bag +1 I thought it was great
20:09 NateC Congrats Interleaf and Dublin!
20:09 cait me too
20:09 caroline I know some ppl had issues that we were able to resolve by email
20:09 cait good with the mails and reminders too
20:10 caroline Ok thank you!
20:10 tcohen interleaf++
20:10 tcohen ptfs-e++
20:10 caroline I'll be up to do it again the next time if it's not in america
20:11 cait hm i got something
20:11 cait to add
20:11 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro (also realized I forgot my info)
20:11 davidnind I found the process very easy, and the instructions were clear as well.
20:11 cait we had pushed Pakistan to 2020 last meeting, but we forgot about the anniversary rule
20:11 cait NZ 2020
20:11 tcohen yes
20:11 cait so we need to fix that :)
20:12 cait rangi: nz wants to host it, right? :)
20:12 rangi thats right
20:13 cait so that's settled :D
20:13 tcohen actions?
20:14 caroline what do we do about pakistan?
20:14 tgoat joined #koha
20:14 tcohen I haven't been at the meeting but I'd say something should be proposed on a next meeting?
20:15 cait hm?
20:15 cait what's to propose?
20:15 tcohen a decision was made and we need to change it?
20:15 rangi minute we made a mistake, and rectifying it by pushing it to 2021
20:16 rangi i dont think we need a whole other meeting to do that?
20:16 cait thd: have you been in contact with them? only see your edits on the wiki page
20:16 thd Yes, I added them to the page for 2021.
20:16 cait i think making them wait another month would not make it nicer
20:16 tcohen of course not
20:16 cait thd: 2020 i think not 2020
20:16 cait 21
20:16 cait sorry
20:16 tcohen I agree! who is in contact with them?
20:16 thd s/21/20/
20:16 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]haCon20_Proposals
20:17 cait thd?
20:17 thd I did not succeed with the email addresses which they left, one of which was not functioning.
20:17 bag I would be willing to contact them
20:17 cait bag++
20:18 bag I will try to nicely say that NZ reached out about 2 years ago to host 2020
20:18 rangi thanks bag
20:18 georgew Who is the contact in Pakistan?
20:18 thd I asked someone at ByWater to forward my message to the gmail address provieded because gmail does not like the configuration of my mail server MX records.
20:19 tcohen bag++
20:19 cait action him :)
20:19 bag yeah I don’t know what that means thd
20:19 bag but I got it from here
20:19 bag no need to try and explain it to me - I think we can move on tcohen
20:20 thd I did send my message to the gmail address but I expected no response given an unknown gmail user.
20:20 tcohen ok :-D
20:20 tcohen #topic Update on releases
20:20 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 3 October 2018)
20:20 tcohen rmaints?
20:21 caroline wahanui is on vacation
20:21 tcohen ah yes
20:21 tcohen I think we can move on
20:21 davidnind It's school holidays here, does wahanui have kids?
20:21 tcohen #topic Koha press reviews/resource collections
20:21 Topic for #koha is now Koha press reviews/resource collections (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 3 October 2018)
20:21 wahanui joined #koha
20:21 tcohen davidnind: hehe
20:21 caroline that's me again
20:21 bag wow for the notes (Catalyst submitted a bid for KohaCon2020 - on Oct 26 - 2016
20:22 caroline I was going through the links at the end of the manual and came upon a diigo group and a zotero group compiling links on Koha
20:22 rangi yeah, we dont muck around
20:22 rangi :)
20:22 cait excellent bag
20:22 tcohen :)
20:22 caroline #link
20:22 caroline #link
20:22 caroline The latest entry in the diigo group is from 2011 and in the zotero group it is from 2017 (only one in 2017 and before that in 2015)
20:22 cait oh right
20:22 caroline I was wondering if this is something we want to continue to do, like a press review/media monitoring of Koha.
20:23 cait one of the entries of 2017 doesn't seem right on zotero
20:23 caroline We already have the newsletter (maintained by Chad Roseburg -- don't know his IRC nick) and Twitter (maintained magnificently by davidnind)
20:23 caroline davidnind++
20:23 cait we recently got to know about some thesis about koha
20:23 cait and there have been some articles
20:23 caroline think press reviews could be potential sources of information for the newsletter and Twitter, and vice-versa.
20:23 cait amybe it would be nice to have a place to post those to
20:23 caroline *i
20:24 caroline If we want to continue doing press reviews/resource collections, which tool should we use? I feel like dispersing our efforts between two tools isn't efficient.
20:24 cait i am not sure what tools are good for that atm
20:24 cait i know a little about zotero, but not sure about it's current state
20:25 caroline I don't know either diigo and zotero (other than the add-on)
20:25 davidnind I use Zotero for other things, and it is actively in development (+ free and open source)
20:26 caroline that fits in the philosophy
20:26 m23 cait some link on thesis (in czech) we collect on czech koha web[…]/pripadove-studie
20:26 davidnind
20:27 bag (ok email sent about KohaCon2020)
20:27 davidnind we could always use Koha!:-D (but I don't think it is the right tool for the job)
20:27 davidnind bag++
20:27 cait heh
20:27 caroline hehe!
20:28 andreashm_ joined #koha
20:28 caroline So do we say promote Zotero and transfer from and then delete the diigo thing?
20:28 cait do we have access?
20:29 caroline It says membership is open
20:30 davidnind Nicole maintained Zotero I think
20:30 davidnind Just trying to find the wiki page with who else has the credentials
20:31 caroline It says the owner is Marlène Delhaye
20:31 davidnind beat me to it! here it is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]n_Social_Networks
20:33 caroline a lot of those seem out of date
20:33 tcohen so we need to phone nbaratta
20:35 caroline do we agree that we want some sort of federated bibliography tool? and if we can find the access to zotero, we'll use that?
20:36 cait I'd say so
20:36 tcohen +1
20:36 cait +1
20:36 davidnind +1
20:36 alexbuckley +1
20:36 georgew +1
20:36 m23 +1
20:36 andreashm_ +1
20:37 caroline #agreed we need to find the access codes for the zotero group
20:37 thd +1
20:37 bag +1
20:37 caroline #agreed we want some sort of koha bibliography
20:38 bag sometimes Nicole is in this channel but maybe we use twitter to contact her
20:38 bag davidnind: do you want to try and reach out through the Koha twitter handle and ask her?
20:38 davidnind happy to!
20:39 caroline #action davidnind will reach out to nicole to get the access to the zotero group
20:39 tcohen ha, you beat me
20:39 caroline (adding to your to-do list davidnind :) )
20:39 caroline sorry tcohen!
20:39 tcohen no worries!
20:39 caroline My stint at chairing yesterday went to my head ;)
20:40 cait :)
20:40 tcohen :-D
20:40 davidnind :)
20:40 davidnind the power! :)
20:41 tcohen should we set time for the next meeting then?
20:42 tcohen #topic Next meeting
20:42 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 3 October 2018)
20:42 tcohen November 7th, 20 UTC?
20:42 tcohen maybe change time?
20:42 jzairo I cheeked hootsuite (which nbarreta used) and the kohails facebook and twitter accounts are no longer connected. If someone can add me as an admin, I would be happy to help
20:43 bag jzairo++
20:43 tcohen jzairo++
20:43 bag 14 UTC?
20:44 tcohen any objections to
20:44 tcohen November 7th, 14 UTC?
20:45 caroline fine with me
20:45 davidnind +1
20:45 bag none
20:45 tcohen #info Next meeting: November 7th, 14 UTC
20:45 tcohen thanks everyone :-D
20:46 tcohen #endmeeting
20:46 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:46 huginn Meeting ended Wed Oct  3 20:46:04 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:46 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-10-03-20.00.html
20:46 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-10-03-20.00.txt
20:46 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]03-20.00.log.html
20:46 caroline tcohen++
20:46 NateC left #koha
20:46 tcohen \o/
20:46 davidnind tcohen++
20:46 cait tcohen++
20:47 tgoat left #koha
20:49 bag tcohen++
20:49 bag thanks!
20:51 caroline Looking at https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_19.05 what does a wiki curator do?
20:51 rangi nothing
20:52 rangi if we look at history ;)
20:52 caroline hehehe!
20:52 rangi but in theory they are supposed to try to organise/help clean up/remove wrong info from the wiki
20:52 caroline Is it an elected position?
20:53 davidnind otherwise it becomes a disorganised mess...
20:53 caroline I could do a bit of that, I found a lot of old stuff while looking around for the manual
20:54 caroline Without deleting, maybe archiving the older stuff
20:54 rangi its pretty much anyone who volunteers ;)
20:55 caroline Do we want to add social media managers on that page too?
20:55 rangi couldnt hurt
20:56 davidnind good idea!
20:56 cait +1
20:59 caroline davidnind, I put your name on Twitter for 19.05, but you can remove it if you don't want to do it anymore
21:02 cait caroline++
21:02 davidnind thanks caroline - happy to carry on doing it, but equally happy for someone else who is a bit more social media savy to have a go
21:02 cait davidnind++
21:03 caroline I think you're doing a great job!
21:04 caroline I'm barely able to keep up with inlibro's stuff, let alone my own
21:04 alexbuckley davidnind++
21:08 davidnind it can be time consuming - Tweetdeck helps a lot with searches and lists, still need to add other monitoring though e.g. blogs, Koha vendor websites, etc.
21:12 caroline I started using hootsuite for the company's social media because we have twitter and facebook. it helps a lot
21:12 caroline do you follow hashtags?
21:13 davidnind I think Hootsuite was orginally used, I've tried it before and like it - need to get access to Koha hootsuite account
21:17 davidnind hashtags I follow are #kohails #kohaconXX (without and with year), search for koha + library, mentions, and lists for Koha Community members, Koha support providers,  Library-related technology (e.g. OpenRefine, MarcEdit) and Koha library related accounts (e.g. Marshall Breeding)
21:18 davidnind I add progressively to the lists I created when things come up
21:29 davidnind @later tell Joubu automated screen capture: have added to wiki page (https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ed_Screencapture) and will look a bit more into and you messages[…]nuary/049807.html (I'm not sure why I missed them!)
21:29 huginn davidnind: The operation succeeded.
21:30 davidnind @later tell Joubu bug 21479 - removing from cart removes 2 items: worked out what I was doing wrong (was using cart itself, not from the results lists), will have another look later
21:30 huginn davidnind: The operation succeeded.
21:31 davidnind right, off to work (a bit of a late start today!)...
21:31 davidnind left #koha
21:32 * ashimema has surfaced from his wifi free zone
21:33 * ashimema may have drunk a red wine too many though..
21:37 jzairo joined #koha
21:47 * ashimema hugs everyone in koha
21:47 caroline too much wine, eh? lol!
21:47 cait we love you too
21:49 kellym left #koha
21:53 ashimema Hehe
22:17 jzairo joined #koha
22:19 caroline Good night #koha! See you tomorrow!
22:22 Bmagic joined #koha
22:37 Bmagic joined #koha
23:04 Bmagic joined #koha
23:28 mtompset joined #koha
23:57 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
23:58 mtompset Greetings, alexbuckley :)
23:58 mtompset I'll sign off your parts now. :)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary