IRC log for #koha, 2018-08-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 papa1 joined #koha
00:05 kathryn joined #koha
00:57 dpk_ joined #koha
03:41 indradg joined #koha
05:40 calire joined #koha
05:44 paxed ha. translate toolchain isn't happy with <input [%IF foo %] title="translatable text" [%END%] />
06:03 ashimema_ joined #koha
06:43 reiveune joined #koha
06:44 reiveune hello
07:11 laurence joined #koha
07:17 ashimema_ left #koha
07:49 cait joined #koha
07:52 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:55 cait thx jajm :)
07:56 jajm thank you cait, it was a very easy patch to qa ;)
07:56 cait heh
08:00 laurence joined #koha
08:11 andreashm joined #koha
08:11 Infra_3600 joined #koha
08:12 * andreashm waves
08:12 tuxayo @wunder badajoz
08:12 huginn tuxayo: Badajoz, Spain :: Clear :: 68F/20C | Wednesday: Sunny. High 93F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Wednesday Night: A clear sky. Low 62F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
08:18 tuxayo Max 34°C , that's not much. Last week max was 44°C (111°F) And I should have went there hitchhiking!
08:19 tuxayo That's the positive side of my vacation fiasco. At least I avoided hell :)
08:19 andreashm Vacation fiasco?
08:23 tuxayo andreashm: For other reasons I resigned from that plan. Still had two weeks mid july :)
08:23 andreashm that's good at least
08:24 * magnuse waves
08:24 andreashm hi magnuse
08:24 magnuse tjänare andreashm
08:24 magnuse andreashm: do you know how many from sweden are going to kohacon18?
08:25 andreashm magnuse: yup, around 15
08:26 andreashm travel grants from the user group ftw!
08:26 tuxayo o/ magnuse
08:26 tuxayo andreashm: yay :D
08:28 andreashm tuxayo: are you going?
08:28 tuxayo andreashm: well, no ^^'
08:29 andreashm to bad!
08:31 * cait waves
08:39 eythian @wunder amsterdam
08:39 huginn eythian: Amsterdam, Netherlands :: Mostly Cloudy :: 72F/22C | Wednesday: Generally cloudy. High 73F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Wednesday Night: A clear sky. Low 57F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
08:39 eythian that is much better than yesterday's 35°
08:40 cait @wunder Upfingen
08:40 huginn cait: Upfingen, Germany :: Overcast :: 66F/19C | Wednesday: Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High near 80F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Wednesday Night: Some clouds. Low 62F. Winds light and variable.
08:40 cait :D
08:44 Nemo_bis thunderstorms, yum
08:45 magnuse andreashm: awesome!
08:46 andreashm hi cait
08:46 andreashm magnuse: yup!
08:47 * magnuse wishes he could be there
08:50 cait joined #koha
08:50 cait hi andreashm
08:50 cait sorry, got disconnected
08:54 tuxayo @wunder Marseille
08:54 huginn tuxayo: Marseille, France :: Thunderstorm :: 79F/26C | Wednesday: Thunderstorms, some locally heavy this morning, then partly cloudy during the afternoon hours. High 86F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected. Wednesday Night: A few clouds. Low 74F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
08:55 tuxayo > Chance of rain 100%
08:55 tuxayo Good for the plants!
09:00 tchabo joined #koha
09:05 cait next meetings?
09:05 cait next meeting?
09:06 cait hm
09:06 cait next irc meeting?
09:06 cait ah... no wahanui
09:49 magnuse are there any biblio-level notes that are hidden in the opac but visible in the staff client by default?
09:51 kohaputti magnuse, I had just the same question in mind
09:51 cait magnuse: you probably could try it now with the improved visibility settings
09:52 cait but i am not sure if they work in all cases yet, they work at least for normal (xslt) view now
09:52 cait with all the export formats we offer i'd do some serious testing first
09:55 cait magnuse: did that make sense? was thinking of using a 59x or 5x9 field maybe
09:57 lds joined #koha
09:57 lds hello
09:58 cait jajm++
09:58 cait hi lds
10:06 * andreashm waves
10:08 * nlegrand ondule
10:09 nlegrand @wunder Paris
10:09 huginn nlegrand: Paris, France :: Partly Cloudy :: 67F/20C | Wednesday: A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 81F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy skies. Low 64F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
10:11 nlegrand mph? ho bugger. If France made one thing right it was the metric system.
10:12 lds I plan to migrate the koha mailinglist server. who should I contact for changes dns?
10:13 cait lds: i think rangi
10:14 cait lds: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]on#koha-community.org_DNS
10:15 lds cait: thanks :)
10:15 cait np :)
10:15 cait new server?
10:15 cait jajm: still on qa?
10:16 lds cait: yes new serveur
10:16 lds cait:  is it possible to have rangi email address?
10:17 lds rangi: hello ??
10:17 jajm cait, i'm looking for a nice enh to qa before switching to other stuff, any suggestions ?
10:17 tuxayo lds: rangi is on the opozite side of the planet (NZ)
10:17 ashimema_ joined #koha
10:17 tuxayo So they might not be here now ^^'
10:18 lds tuxayo: can be insomniac?
10:18 ashimema_ left #koha
10:18 cait jajm: let me take a quick look
10:19 cait bug 19719
10:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19719 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jesse, Signed Off , Add a new column for collection in the patron checkouts data table
10:19 cait ... had my fingers in that one... but i think it fits 'nice'
10:19 cait also been sitting in the queue for a while now
10:20 tuxayo nlegrand: > mph? ho bugger. If France made one thing right it was the metric system.
10:20 tuxayo It's "interesting" /s that many systems default to non metric units when so few countries still haven't adopted it.
10:20 tuxayo[…]_adoption_map.svg
10:20 jajm cait, ok thanks :)
10:20 tuxayo lds: indeed :)
10:26 lds :)
10:36 magnuse cait: yes, i think it makes sense, thanks!
10:40 jajm cait, i'm not sure if i can pass qa on 19719, can you have a look at the last comment ?
10:40 cait i think i copied the behaviour from location
10:40 cait so the problem might be ok on another bug maybe? haven't checked other part sof the code
10:41 cait see the lines above the ones you commented on
10:42 jajm yes i saw that
10:43 cait hm we'd maybe just need to change the ''
10:43 cait i think?
10:43 cait lookign at it right now
10:43 cait if it found something use that... otherwise display the value as is?
10:44 cait i think we can check for not using an AV list, but not for using another
10:44 jajm maybe we should just keep it like that, for consistency with location, and raise the question in another bug
10:44 jajm as you suggested
10:44 cait collections should use CCODE - otherwise things get really strange
10:44 cait hm also ok for me
10:44 cait then fix loc and collection in one go
10:45 jajm ok
10:46 cait CCODE is assumed in a lot of other places too, just did a quick chekc
10:46 cait but AuthorisedValues.GetByCode returns the value itself if no match is found, we could definitely mimick that
10:47 saa joined #koha
10:47 cait jajm: i will file another bug and link it
10:47 saa i am struggling to get koha search working after upgrade
10:48 jajm ok thanks
10:48 saa it throws error 901.................................​....................................​............................Killed Something went wrong rebuilding biblio indexes for library" while running rebuild-zebra
10:48 saa my koha zebra error log says "ibrary-koha-zebra: client (pid 16581) killed by signal 15, stopping
10:49 saa and zebra output log says "zebrasrv(2) [warn] ir_session (exception)"
10:49 saa can someone help
10:49 saa i have tried all options but no luck sofar
10:50 saa same query was posted two days back as well
10:50 cait jajm: done: bug 21175
10:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21175 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Handle locations and collections with no matching authorised value in patron checkouts table
10:50 cait saa: do you have enough disc space?
10:51 saa hw can i check
10:51 cait hm sorry, not so good on command line
10:51 cait i mean i am not good there - someon else might be able to help
10:52 cait oh you could also try and run the rebuild with -v
10:52 ashimema df
10:52 cait maybe it will give more info
10:52 jajm saa, `df -h` can tell you how much space is left on your disks
10:52 saa with -v i tried and it gave error 901.................................​....................................​............................Killed Something went wrong rebuilding biblio indexes for library" while running rebuild-zebra
10:53 saa it has enough space
10:53 saa Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on udev            7.8G     0  7.8G   0% /dev tmpfs           1.6G   18M  1.6G   2% /run /dev/sda1       902G  8.3G  848G   1% / tmpfs           7.8G   17M  7.8G   1% /dev/shm tmpfs           5.0M   16K  5.0M   1% /run/lock tmpfs           7.8G     0  7.8G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup tmpfs           1.6G  8.0K  1.6G   1% /run/user/1000
10:53 ashimema who maintains the biblibre sandboxes these days?
10:53 * ashimema is wondering what deb version they're running on.. whether it's a systemd system?
10:53 saa only 1% is used /dev/sda1       902G  8.3G  848G   1% /
10:54 ashimema seems the ptfs snadboxes are failing due to where systemd now puts tmp files.. wondered if they'd already come across the problem and had a solution (save me a few minutes working it out myself)
10:55 jajm ashimema, they're running on ubuntu 16.04 (lts) with systemd
10:55 jajm i'm not aware of any problem with the tmp files
10:55 cait ashimema: i think bugzilla had something about that
10:55 ashimema I'll do a little digging
10:55 ashimema may well be my setup ;)
10:56 ashimema indeed
10:56 saa wht could be the solution for my search issue
10:56 ashimema I have a vague recollection of something along those lines on bz
10:57 cait i think we changed something for the cronjobs because of that
10:57 cait could it be related?
10:58 ashimema issue I have jajm is that since switching to systemd the tmp files are no long in /tmp they're in /tmp/systemd-private-randomstri​ng-apache2.service-randomstrig/
10:58 nlegrand ashimema: you're talking about files like starman socket ?
10:58 ashimema sorta..
10:58 ashimema I'm reminding myself how the sandboxes work as I go along to be honest
10:58 jajm ashimema, you can disable this with systemd PrivateTmp option i think
10:58 ashimema I think they use tmp files for ipc effectively
10:58 cait https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=20428
10:58 huginn Bug 20428: major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Stable , MARC import fails on Debian Stretch
10:59 saa my indexer-output.log says DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_arrayref failed: fetch() without execute() [for Statement "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM zebraqueue WHERE done = 0;"] at /usr/share/koha/bin/migrat​ion_tools/ line 327.
10:59 nlegrand ashimema: now /var/run is a tmpfs managed by stystemd, so everything is wiped when rebooting the machine
10:59 cait it seem slike the bug goes int his direction too
11:00 * ashimema really really needs to get up to speed with systemd one day.. still stuck in the dark ages of init here ;)
11:00 nlegrand ashimema: we had to put a file like this : /etc/tmpfiles.d/koha.conf
11:00 nlegrand ashimema: and add a line like this in it: d /var/run/koha 775 koha www-data - # See tmpfiles.d(5) for details
11:00 ashimema interesting
11:01 ashimema that sounds very promising
11:01 nlegrand ashimema: it's a custom dev install so it may be weird :) (but I think we will switch to packages one day)
11:02 ashimema yeah.. sandboxes are in effect dev installs
11:02 ashimema just with some extra scripting wrapped around them to hand git pulling, bz application and db refreshing
11:02 saa DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'koha_library.zebraqueue' doesn't exist how can i sort this
11:02 saa i already have mariadb installed with koha 17.11.08-1
11:07 saa do i need to create zebraque table
11:07 cait saa: can you check if the table is really missing from your database?
11:07 saa yes it is not there
11:07 cait which version of koha are you on?
11:07 saa sorry
11:07 saa when i checked in mariadb it is there
11:08 cait hm that's odd
11:08 saa i am using 17.11.08
11:08 saa can i delete that table recreate it
11:08 saa and then try to reindex data
11:08 saa i have spent lot of time onthis
11:08 cait you could... but then you might not figure out what went wrong
11:09 cait and if other tables are affected
11:09 saa then what could be the solution
11:09 saa ihave done migration from 16.11 to 17.11
11:09 saa can i check anything in my sql
11:10 saa which i used to restore
11:10 cait your koha otherwise works ok?
11:10 saa yes
11:10 saa only searching
11:11 cait if the table is there, deleting and recreating it shouldnot change a thing
11:11 cait have you restarted memcache, plack etc after your update?
11:11 saa no
11:11 saa hw do i check if i have done or nt done
11:11 saa i didnt do anything manually
11:13 saa can i try deleting zebraque and recreating but how to do that
11:19 saa DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_arrayref failed: fetch() without execute() [for Statement "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM zebraqueue WHERE done = 0;"] at /usr/share/koha/bin/migrat​ion_tools/ line 327
11:19 saa my last indexer-output.log line says this
11:23 cait sorry, i am not sure on how to fix
11:23 cait how are you running the rebuild btw?
11:24 cait you want to do a full or a partial reindex?
11:26 saa i am running -f -v
11:27 saa it has only 7000 records
11:27 cait using the package command?
11:28 cait hm
11:28 saa yes
11:28 saa koha-rebuild-zebra -f -v library
11:33 cait sudo?
11:33 saa yes
11:37 cait sorry, i've run out of ideas
11:37 saa ok
11:40 oleonard joined #koha
11:40 oleonard Hi #koha
11:42 calire joined #koha
11:51 calire joined #koha
11:52 calire left #koha
11:54 ashimema jajm.. is git.koha-community still the best place to grab contrib from for the sandboxes?
11:54 ashimema or is there a more up to date version somewhere I'm missing
11:54 ashimema I've fixed my tmp issue but not I'm finding that the sandbox script nukes the symlinks on first run
11:55 ashimema which breaks them immediately
11:55 ashimema wondering if that's a solved issue, a random oddity on my setup or something else entirely.
11:56 jajm ashimema, if it hasn't been moved to gitlab yet, then yes is the best place
11:56 ashimema no sign of it on gitlab
11:56 ashimema okies
11:56 ashimema really odd
11:56 cait hi oleonard
11:57 ashimema seems the `git reset --hard` call inside the cron job script is ignoring the updated but not commited .gitignore
11:57 ncbaratta joined #koha
12:02 jajm ashimema, ah, on biblibre sandboxes, and sandbox/ are ignored in a .gitignore outside of repo (not very pretty...)
12:03 jajm look at git core.excludesfile in ̀`man git-config`
12:03 ashimema aha..
12:03 ashimema that would make sense
12:04 ashimema seems in a reset --hard it will reset before reading the .gitignore
12:04 ashimema fun
12:06 jajm ashimema, git reset is not supposed to touch untracked files, but there is a call to `git clean -d -f` just after the reset that might be the one responsible
12:09 ashimema ah.. could well be
12:10 ashimema we should document that.. the readme instructions still say to alter the .gitignore and leave it uncommited
12:11 ashimema thanks for the tips
12:16 kmlussier joined #koha
12:25 oleonard cait: Thank you for the signoff on Bug 20044.
12:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20044 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Switch single-column templates to Bootstrap grid: Cataloging
12:26 cait oleonard: sure :)
12:27 cait oleonard: coudl you take a look at my last comment on the single news entry one?
12:27 cait Bug 14272
12:27 cait hm who again checks on wahanui? wizzyrea?
12:36 cait oleonard: thx for comment, I have tried to add a note for release notes, pqa now
12:38 cait ashimema++ thx for fixing up sandboxes :)
12:41 * oleonard considers moving some people to a new wiki page called IRC Irregulars
12:55 mi_faras_provon joined #koha
13:02 tcohen morning!
13:04 cait joined #koha
13:04 cait morning tcohen :)
13:04 andreashm afternoon
13:05 laurence left #koha
13:07 tuxayo o/ tcohen
13:08 tuxayo oleonard: «moving some people to a new wiki page called IRC Irregulars»
13:08 tuxayo That would be funny ^^
13:32 oleonard Hi tuxayo, how's it going?
13:42 * Joubu says hi and is gonna fill the agenda with topics
13:42 tuxayo oleonard: hot, but in a parallel universe I would have been (instead of Marseille) in what seems to be hottest place in Europe this summer. Badajoz (Spain) during this week. saturday is was 44°C, I'm curious about how would that have felt.
13:43 tuxayo The good thing of not going there is that I hadn't to hitchhike from Marseille this precise day! ^^"
13:43 tuxayo Appart from that, trying to get the pile of bugs/tickets down :)
13:43 oleonard Have you done hitchhiking trips before?
13:44 tuxayo oleonard: what about you? How's it going?
13:45 oleonard While Europe is sweltering we're enjoying very mild weather... unusual for this time of year.
13:46 tuxayo oleonard: only 350 km, Marseille-Badajoz is 1500km. That would have been crazy.
13:46 ashimema anyone fancy testing a ptfs sandbox for me.. it should be all fixed but I'm not 100% sure whether the emails are getting out.. or rather whether they're not going into spam because of a local rule I have or because I've got it right ;)
13:46 ashimema http://kohastaffsandbox.ptfs-e[…]n/koha/
13:46 tuxayo oleonard: So the heat comes from you! ><
13:47 tuxayo ashimema: thanks I'm trying :)
13:47 ashimema cheers tuxayo :)
13:47 oleonard tuxayo: Hitchhiking in the U.S. is both illegal and considered unsafe
13:51 tuxayo oleonard: illegal, what a surprise :o  In Europe also people will fear. Not sure how much is irrationnal. (e.g. studies about the percived probability of being physically assaulted compared to reality)
13:51 eythian there was a month when hitchhiking was the easiest form of transport for me to get from where I worked into the nearby town.
13:52 oleonard tuxayo: I assume the fear is at least a little less irrational in this country :(
13:52 tuxayo ho :(
13:55 cait meeting in 5?
13:55 Joubu oleonard: sounds like it's not:[…]ss-united-states/
13:55 Joubu section "One Final Legal Note"
13:56 Joubu well on the same page: "You will almost certainly never need to use it, but packing a weapon of some kind to help with self-defense is always a good idea."
13:57 cc_ joined #koha
13:57 tuxayo I heard the same tip in France.
13:57 tuxayo But renouncing to such activities due to fear would be terrible.
13:58 tuxayo ashimema: no email so far
13:58 ashimema hmm
13:58 ashimema I reckon I've not got it totaly right yet then
13:58 ashimema I'll have another look
13:59 ashimema I think you should find if you revisit the page it'll say it's setup and waiting for you..
13:59 ashimema so hopefully it's just the email that's failed
13:59 Joubu ashimema: is the file in /tmp been processed/removed?
13:59 * ashimema digs back in
13:59 Joubu ha
14:00 ashimema yup
14:00 ashimema mutt
14:01 tuxayo ashimema: I'll retry with less options. Because the sandbox doesn't have the DB, BZ and lang hasn't been set up
14:01 Joubu rmaints?
14:01 Joubu qa_team?
14:01 cait here
14:01 Joubu wahanui!
14:01 cait kidclamp: ?
14:01 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018
14:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Aug  8 14:01:20 2018 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
14:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_8_august_2018'
14:01 cait no wahanui
14:01 Joubu #chair cait kidclamp
14:01 huginn Current chairs: Joubu cait kidclamp
14:01 tuxayo wahanui: ping!
14:01 cait hey! :)
14:01 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
14:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:01 ashimema dev meeting now.. I'll get back to this after
14:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
14:02 cc_ #info Colin Campbell, PTFS-Europe, UK
14:02 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, BibLibre, France
14:02 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_8_August_2018
14:02 AndrewIsh #info Andrew Isherwood, PTFS Europe, UK
14:02 Joubu (refresh it if opened)
14:03 Joubu kidclamp, tcohen, jajm?
14:03 tuxayo_webchat joined #koha
14:03 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
14:03 Joubu Anyone have something?
14:04 ashimema they were here only a few minutes ago.. I'm sure
14:04 ashimema well.. not seen kidclamp today actually
14:04 cait nopd
14:04 cait nope
14:04 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (18.05)
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (18.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
14:05 Joubu #info RM was in holiday, back this week and will push all the things
14:05 tcohen hi
14:05 Joubu #action kidclamp push all the things
14:05 Joubu (that's why you should attend meetings)
14:05 cait kidclamp++ ;)
14:05 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
14:05 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
14:05 tcohen kidclamp++
14:05 Joubu ashimema, something?
14:05 tcohen heh
14:06 ashimema Been pushing a fair bit this week after a backlog after vacation.. I'm all up to date and awaiting kidclamps next set of pushes
14:06 ashimema #info 18.05.x: I have been pushing a fair bit this week after a backlog after vacation.. I'm all up to date and awaiting kidclamps next set of pushes
14:07 ashimema also, I caught a series of bugs that had got missed between handover.. had a good tidy up of bugzilla
14:07 Joubu I feel like 18.05.02 is finally ready for production
14:07 Joubu at least to catch the last bugs
14:07 * tcohen agrees
14:07 cait ashimema++
14:07 Joubu #info If you plan to use 18.05.x in production, pick 18.05.02 or later
14:07 ashimema yeah.. feels pretty stable at this point.. though there's a fair few more minor bugs already making their way into 18.05.x for 18.05.03
14:08 ashimema think that's it from me
14:08 oleonard ashimema++
14:09 tcohen ashimema++
14:09 Joubu yep ashimema++ good job on following bug fixes :)
14:09 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:09 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
14:09 ashimema I believe fridolin is up to date on 17.11 and 17.05 too.. though he's away imminently and will struggle to keep up this month
14:09 Joubu cait, something?
14:09 ashimema sorry.. that was a bit late ;).. over to you QA
14:10 cait waiting for ashimema
14:10 cait the qa queue is in an ok shape
14:10 cait #info qa queue is in an ok shape, slowly going down, below 40 now
14:10 seafarmer joined #koha
14:10 tuxayo :D
14:10 cait problem is, we have a lot of bugs that sit there for quite a time and nothing easy left
14:11 * ashimema wonders if we need to promote bug 20773 for opinions
14:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20773 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , bug 20724 follow-up - Database cleanup
14:11 cait quite a lot of elasticsearch bugs
14:11 Joubu 2 criticals and 9 majors waiting for SO
14:11 cait yes, that's the other problem
14:11 cait the only reason we are in good shape in QA is that the sign-offs are way too slow
14:11 cait tons of bugs waiting there
14:11 cait and numbers going up
14:12 cait so we really need sign-offs atm I think
14:12 cait #info Needs Signoff is way too high with lots of bugs waiting for testers - please sign-off!
14:12 cait ashimema: can you explain about the bug above?
14:13 oleonard Right now, the reason I'm not doing more signoffs is I'm not confident I know how to test properly. I don't know if it should be my job to ask or the patch-writer's job to make it easier.
14:13 seafarmer just passing by to shill for bz8000, there's already 2 SO on it
14:13 cait #info next step for Elasticsearch is Bug 18316 - Add weighting/relevancy options to ElasticSearch. Additional testing/sign offs might make it move faster!
14:13 ashimema It's a db cleanup script as a followup to bug 20724. I think it's ready for signoff but Joubu commented it needs discussion?
14:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20724 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , ReservesNeedReturns syspref breaks "Holds awaiting pickup"
14:13 cait oleonard: it's good to get feedback on the reasons
14:14 cait can you give some examples to look over?
14:14 cait i think patch writer sshould always include a test plan
14:14 oleonard seafarmer: Bug 8000 is marked "needs signoff." Is that incorrect?
14:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8000 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, charles.farmer, Needs Signoff , Test mode for notices
14:14 thd joined #koha
14:16 ashimema sounds like it should be SO from a quick skim read
14:16 cait seafarmer: it only has one sign-off - the sandboxes one was ed himself i tihnk
14:16 oleonard Sorry cait I don't have an example off the top of my head.
14:16 cait and it had bugs fixed after the sign-off so back to get tested again i think
14:17 ashimema well sleuthed cait
14:17 cait hm also wondering how it could be tested with sandboxes
14:18 cait does email work there?
14:18 ashimema not on ptfs ones right now ;)
14:18 Joubu cait: looking at the message_queue table
14:18 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:19 Joubu moving on?
14:19 cait i'd think so
14:19 tcohen moving on
14:19 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:19 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
14:19 Joubu I have added several ones there
14:19 oleonard In short, you all should sign off on my patches :P
14:19 Joubu so quickly, starting with
14:20 Joubu #topic Bug 13618 - Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
14:20 Topic for #koha is now Bug 13618 - Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
14:20 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13618 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
14:20 Joubu QA team and everybody concerned by security issues (so, all of your, right?) must take a look at that one
14:20 Joubu I have been working on it for months (years?) now and we have finally a working and ready solution
14:20 Joubu this is an important one and need to be pushed ASAP
14:21 ashimema I should sign that one off.. I've commented that it looks solid.. I just wanted to get a branch setup and throw a pen test tool at it first
14:21 cait :)
14:21 Joubu I personnaly do not care that much, I have written scripts to do the rebase job
14:21 ashimema have you thrown any pen test tools against it to varify it's caught everything?
14:22 Joubu so you can wait for 2 more years if you like :) (i.e. that was my last call about it)
14:22 Joubu everything? lol :)
14:22 ashimema I'll add it back to my list.. just it's a long list ;)
14:22 Joubu I wrote a script to insert problematic data in the DB
14:22 ashimema haha.. well everything an automated pen tool may catch ;)
14:22 cait talking about security, ig to another one
14:22 Joubu to test that one, you will need time, patience, and understand the issues globally
14:23 Joubu ashimema: we will have a unit test, to parse the .tt files
14:23 ashimema indeed
14:23 cait #info input needed on how to best make Bug 15836  - Labels: Offer configuration option for splitting call numbers secure.
14:23 Joubu all [% %] will need to have a filter (even if not filtered, it will do nothing)
14:24 Joubu the script I wrote to generate the patch will more or less be what we will need to write the regression tests
14:24 Joubu cait: that is another topic right?
14:25 Joubu cait: please add it to the wiki, I am processing the item 1 by 1
14:25 Joubu #topic Bug 21010 - Add a script to search for data inconsistencies
14:25 ashimema OK.. I'm happy to have further discussion with Joubu after this meeting to move 13618 on.. we can move on topic in the meeting I reckon
14:25 Topic for #koha is now Bug 21010 - Add a script to search for data inconsistencies (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
14:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21010 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Add a script to search for data inconsistencies
14:25 Joubu ashimema: yep!
14:25 cait will do
14:25 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize to SO 13618 and discuss next steps with Jonathan
14:26 Joubu I think we really need a script to catch data inconsistencies (at DB level so)
14:26 Joubu I have started with authority types, item types and items.$branch
14:26 cait done
14:26 Joubu the idea is to provide a script that will catch problematic situations
14:26 ashimema :+1:
14:26 oleonard Joubu: Should it be a built-in report which can be accessed from the staff client?
14:26 Joubu then we could move it to the UI if needed
14:27 oleonard :)
14:27 Joubu oleonard: ^ :)
14:27 oleonard I think it would be very useful!
14:27 Joubu if you think about something else, just open a new bug report and link it to that one
14:27 ashimema would be nice for it to run with any/all upgrades and set a flag in about
14:27 ashimema much like some of the other warnings we have in there
14:27 cait refresh wiki if you want - all bugs linked now too
14:28 Joubu if you have ideas, please comment on bug 21010 :)
14:28 Joubu moving on in few sec
14:28 thd I presume that 21010 is intended for some fundamental DB inconsistencies.
14:29 cait #info if you have ideas for data consistencies to look out for, file a bug and link it to bug 21010
14:29 Joubu #topic Bug 20443 - Move C4::Members::Attributes to Koha namespace
14:29 Topic for #koha is now Bug 20443 - Move C4::Members::Attributes to Koha namespace (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
14:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20443 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Move C4::Members::Attributes to Koha namespace
14:29 thd Now I understand better, a meta-bug.
14:29 Joubu yes, see linked bug reports
14:30 ashimema okies
14:30 tcohen wwhat about it
14:30 Joubu bug 20443 is quite a big refactoring one, it adds several interesting things to the Koha:: namespace
14:30 Joubu 41 files changed, 713 insertions(+), 2017 deletions(-)
14:30 tcohen Joubu: that's too much
14:31 Joubu ^ that's the interesting bit, we remove 2/3 of the code
14:31 Joubu tcohen: ?
14:31 tcohen it touches too many things, that's it
14:31 Joubu there are 10 commits
14:31 Joubu it's not a monolitic commit
14:32 Joubu when I move the code I describe what I am doing, commiting the things 1 by 1
14:32 tcohen we'll see :-P
14:32 Joubu it's easier to have only 1 bug report and test everything
14:32 * ashimema is working through reviewing it.. but it is indeed a pretty massive piece..
14:32 Joubu than have 10 bug reports and have to test all the features 10 times
14:32 jajm Joubu, could it be split into 10 bugs then ? testing/QAing that kind of bug can be really long
14:32 Joubu jajm: what I just said
14:33 Joubu It's safer as it. Otherwise I need to provide 10 stable states
14:33 Joubu and wait for 10 testers and 10 QAers
14:33 oleonard In that case it is in effect a monolithic commit
14:34 Joubu oleonard: for testers it's easier
14:34 jajm okay, but it's easier to miss something in a 3000 lines long diff
14:34 ashimema I was more thinking perhaps a couple of QA team could get together to review it as a set for half a day.. bit of peer coding/reviewing.
14:34 tcohen we need to coordinate this testing I think
14:34 Joubu for QAer I have split the commits, to make them easy to read
14:34 ashimema +1
14:34 tcohen 2 QA members take on it together
14:34 cait i like the idea
14:34 Joubu jajm: read the log, it's not a 3000 lines diff ;)
14:34 tcohen to make it move faster
14:34 tcohen I volunteer
14:34 ashimema tcohen.. feel like you've got the time/inclination to take it on with me at some point?
14:34 cait would it help to schedule a qa day again?
14:35 tcohen ashimema: absolutely
14:35 ashimema I can try and dedicate a monday or tuesday afternoon (to overlap with your morning?)
14:35 cait but also can be outside, just asking :)
14:35 tcohen ashimema++
14:35 cait tcohen++ too
14:35 ashimema done.. we'll hit it together.. will grab you out of meeting to schedule
14:35 Joubu moving on, there are 5 more
14:35 Joubu #topic Bug 18252 - Move C4::Items code to the Koha namespace
14:35 Topic for #koha is now Bug 18252 - Move C4::Items code to the Koha namespace (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
14:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18252 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Move C4::Items code to the Koha namespace
14:36 ashimema #info Martin and Tomas are going to schedule a paired QA for bug 20443
14:36 cait #action ashimea and tcohen to review bug 20443 together
14:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20443 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Move C4::Members::Attributes to Koha namespace
14:36 cait ah typo...
14:36 cait but info is good
14:36 tcohen its ok
14:36 Joubu I am going to submit the same kind of changes for C4::Items, I have local patches to replace GetItem with Koha::Items->find, like we did for Koha::Patron the idea is to use Koha::Item objects everywhere and simplify the code
14:36 Joubu at least for CRUD in a first step
14:37 cait sounds good to me
14:37 cait but it should be done really soon
14:37 cait we had some side effects last time, so should have some time to hunt them down
14:37 Joubu and then I will open a discussion after the meeting about that patches :)
14:37 cait maybe if done before kohacon, we could try and get people on it there
14:38 Joubu yes, side effects are expected with that changes, they usually highlight issues with the current code. So it's good
14:38 Joubu (not for the end user)
14:38 Joubu #info Bug 15836 - Labels: Offer configuration option for splitting call numbers
14:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15836 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Labels: Offer configuration option for splitting call numbers
14:38 Joubu cait: ^
14:39 cait Joubu has written this very nice feature, but we are a little stuck on the best way to handle the regex in a secure way
14:39 cait so it would be cool if people could take a look
14:39 cait i think it's a really cool feature for libraries not using DDC/LOC
14:40 cait because at the moment only those break nicely on multiple lines on labels
14:40 cait i already #info'd earlier, so leaving it at that now if there are no questions
14:40 tcohen cait: can you explain the problem?
14:40 Joubu So basically the issue is: we using stored regexs to split on the callnumber
14:40 cait handing over to joubu ;)
14:40 Joubu like we store "s/foo/bar/g"
14:41 Joubu of even better: "s/(foo)bar/$1pouet/g"
14:41 cait btw... example on the bug is a real life example from the sponsoring libraries
14:42 Joubu to evaluate it, we will need to use eval { $callnumber =~ $regex };
14:42 Joubu something like that, cannot remember the exact syntax
14:42 Joubu if the $regex contain something else than a regex, perl will evaluate it anyway (rm, ls, etc.)
14:43 Joubu read the commit message for more info ;)
14:43 Joubu I have described several solutions, I do not think they are acceptable
14:44 Joubu we need to know how we can trust on data in the DB
14:44 Joubu tcohen told me that we already have this problem: letter.content can contain TT directives and so execute whatever commands
14:45 ashimema ouch.
14:45 jajm [% PERL %] is allowed ?
14:45 Joubu everything is allowed
14:46 cait double ouch
14:46 cait maybe we should move that discussion out of th emeeting
14:46 thd Is there no standard Perl module for limiting such input?
14:46 cait like into a security bug
14:46 Joubu yes, moving on
14:46 Joubu #info ILS-DI GetRecords (see ML)
14:47 Joubu working on removing GetItem (using in ILS-DI subs) I realize that it's not clear to me what this service is supposed to return
14:47 Joubu we have an example in the opac/ view, but for instance GetRecords does not have anything in the <issues> tag
14:47 Joubu whereas it returns a lot of stuffs
14:48 cait the ils-di is supposed to allow you to link Koha to a discovery interface (DI)
14:48 Joubu git log told me it's historical and should not be there, but... who knows?
14:48 cait and i don't see any use there for issues
14:48 cait actually, i'd rather say it's unnecessary and could be a privacy issue
14:49 Joubu ok, it can be an answer for that one, but for the other info?
14:49 Joubu can I contact someone using it heavily to know which are the info they need?
14:50 Joubu the specs are not clear
14:50 cait what is the other info?
14:50 tcohen I think this is a shortcut someone took
14:50 tcohen and not part of the spec
14:50 ashimema whose using it heavily thouhg ;)
14:50 tcohen biblibre
14:50 tcohen they use a Drupal <-> Koha connector
14:50 Joubu cait: if we add columns in some tables, it will be added to the xml
14:50 lavamind joined #koha
14:50 tcohen that at some point was implemented on this I think
14:51 tcohen but I think they moved to koha-restful
14:51 cait we could check if the vufind driver uses it for something
14:51 cait that might cover some other cases
14:51 ashimema I would vote to push it closer to the spec if there was a vote
14:51 jajm tcohen, the koha connector still use some parts of ils-di
14:51 ashimema but yeah.. would be worth askin users
14:52 Joubu "A list of record objects that represents the bibliographic record, as well as
14:52 Joubu associated holdings and item information for each requested bibliographic
14:52 Joubu identifier (unless the specified return schema does not support it). If a hash is
14:52 Joubu returned, the bibliographic identifier would be the key."
14:52 Joubu[…]Discovery_1.0.pdf
14:53 Joubu ok, moving on, will see later if I need more info
14:53 jajm ILS-DI allows basically anything to be returned
14:53 ashimema fair enough
14:53 cait i think record and items
14:54 cait from what you cited
14:54 tuxayo tcohen: «biblibre they use a Drupal <-> Koha connector»
14:54 tuxayo And not only. Also Bokeh ( uses it.
14:54 ashimema reading that for a second or third time it does look more open to opinion than I thought it did first time
14:54 ashimema record, holdings and item information.. does 'issues' constitute item information is the question I suppose
14:54 tuxayo tcohen: «but I think they moved to koha-restful» For some things, ILS-DI is still use IIRC
14:55 ashimema I read issues as 'historical loan information' when i read the first email.. is that right
14:55 cait is koha-restful still a thing?
14:56 tuxayo cait: yes
14:56 jajm ashimema, i think the question should be "do we want backward compatibility ?" and i think the answer is yes and we should not remove anything for the ils-di responses
14:56 tuxayo We still have to maintain it
14:57 tuxayo With hope that the official API will make it useless someday
14:57 Joubu jajm: seen the callnumberX for the last 3 checkouts in the answer?
14:57 cait interesting, thx tuxayo
14:57 jajm Joubu, no
14:58 Joubu it comes from a commit of 2005 that added a sub, then this sub has been used for ILS-DI GetRecords
14:58 cait i still feel checkout history doesn't belong there
14:58 Joubu and we ended up with these fieldsX (not callnumber actually, cardnumber!)
14:58 Joubu ok moving on, 2 minutes to go
14:58 Joubu #info Last projects to move to gitlab/k-c (should contrib be split?)
14:58 Joubu ashimema: for you
14:59 ashimema :)
14:59 Joubu there are some projects not moved to gitlab yet: release-tools, contrib and maybe more
14:59 Joubu release-tools: nobody really uses it, so I did not
15:00 Joubu but can be done, maybe just a mirror of the
15:00 cait sandboxes?
15:00 jajm sandbox is used, but maybe it could be extracted into its own repo ?
15:00 Joubu ho, I actually created
15:00 Joubu
15:00 Joubu that's the one
15:00 Joubu 1 sec :)
15:00 ashimema I think splitting out sandboxes could be useful indeed
15:00 cait ah yes, it makes sense, we could split up the contrib one
15:00 ashimema I use release-tools now ;)
15:00 tuxayo +1 for moving sandboxes
15:00 ashimema and submitted fixes too recently ;)
15:00 Joubu the problem with release-tools and contrib is: we have it on and what about issues, patches, sync?
15:01 ashimema indeed
15:01 ashimema I imagine a cleanup could happen on contrib..
15:01 Joubu either we remove them from, or we need to think and setup something that fit our needs
15:01 ashimema is koha-plack on there ever used now for example
15:01 Joubu and, that was my second point, contrib should be split before moved
15:02 cait hm how do we handle qa-test-tools?
15:02 cait they are also there...
15:02 cait hea etc.
15:02 Joubu (I am not voluntering)
15:02 cait what's the master repo?
15:02 tcohen cait:
15:02 cait i know, was looking at kc
15:02 cait so we actually have to repos already for qa-test-tools
15:03 cait and hea
15:03 tcohen I think we should consider contrib abandnware, and use whatever we need, on gitlab
15:03 ashimema at the moment there's really not a clear aproach on how to contribute to those..
15:03 ashimema that's where this question came from really
15:03 cait i feel like maybe make gitlab the main one... and mirror on kc?
15:04 Joubu people who contributes know how to contribute, and nobody else will contribute to contrib. So not a big deal
15:04 ashimema at some point i was submitting stuff to Joubu directly for sandboxes improvments I think
15:04 cait maybe more a question of how to handle access too? who can push etc
15:04 ashimema fair enough
15:04 * ashimema uses contrib solely for sandboxes
15:05 Joubu actions?
15:05 ashimema and working on them today highlighted at least documentation issues if not others (still digging)
15:05 cait i thnk we need someone to work out a votable suggestion maybe?
15:05 tcohen I think we should vote this on a general meeting
15:05 tcohen how we handle satellite repos
15:05 ashimema yeah.. agreed
15:05 Joubu vote what?
15:05 cait agreed
15:06 ashimema defer to a general meeting
15:06 Joubu I moved all of them to gitlab/k-c, it has been voted already
15:06 Joubu or at least done, 90% of them
15:06 Joubu ok, see later
15:06 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
15:06 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 August 2018)
15:06 * ashimema would like to see bywaters docker based sandboxes invested in a bit more.. they feel like the next logical step
15:06 tcohen ashimema: indeed!
15:07 Joubu Next meeting: 22 August 2018, 20 UTC?
15:07 ashimema okies
15:08 ashimema works for me
15:08 Joubu #info Next meeting: 22 August 2018, 20 UTC
15:08 tcohen works for me
15:08 Joubu #endmeeting
15:08 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:08 huginn Meeting ended Wed Aug  8 15:08:06 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:08 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-08-08-14.01.html
15:08 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-08-08-14.01.txt
15:08 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]08-14.01.log.html
15:08 ashimema though is also a release day in theory.. so could be busy ;)
15:08 ashimema it'll be a nice distraction ;)
15:10 cait bye all
15:10 tuxayo o/ cait
15:15 indradg joined #koha
15:16 seafarmer left #koha
15:17 Joubu back
15:18 Joubu about the refactoring, I wanted to know how peeple feels about these patches
15:18 Joubu I am writing them for at least 2 years, and it it very hard to get people testing and QAing them
15:19 tcohen Joubu: there's not much workforce on the project and that's the main problem
15:19 Joubu I know it's not fun to test, but it's fun (at least I think) to review
15:19 tcohen ashimema and I agreed to tackle them together to get faster results
15:20 Joubu I feel like it's a priority for the projects, for robustness, maintaibility and new enhancements (easier to write and test)
15:20 tuxayo Joubu: you mean bugs 18252 and 20443 ?
15:20 Joubu If you guys do not feel it's important, I need to know it and adjust my priorities
15:21 ashimema I certainly agree it's important and am trying hard to fit them in..
15:21 Joubu tuxayo: yes, https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]raph.cgi?id=15449
15:21 ashimema but yeah.. they tend to be big scary looking patchsets and need a considerable effort to review and qa
15:21 oleonard Joubu: I think it's important, and I appreciate your efforts
15:22 ashimema hense my tag teaming approach..
15:22 Joubu ashimema: nope, that's wrong, they are very easy to review
15:22 Joubu the code is very easy, we are talking about CRUD operations here
15:22 tuxayo 😱 the graph
15:22 ashimema let tcohen and I see how this first one goes.. with any luck having two heads looking at it in combination and bouncing the code off each other will mean we can pick it up quicker :)
15:22 Joubu replace all the C4::*::GetStuffsFrom with Koha::*->find or ->search, that's all
15:24 magnuse joined #koha
15:24 Joubu There is also something else we will need to talk about, so far we were "just" moving sub to methods in a naive way
15:25 Joubu we will need to think about a more pragmatic, object-oriented way
15:25 tcohen Joubu: I'm really open to talk about that
15:26 Joubu for instance Koha::Patron::HouseBound should be inherent from Koha::Patron, etc.
15:26 ashimema I'm also totally open to having that conversation
15:26 ashimema well.. even sorta started talking about such stuffs in bug 11983 and bug 20469 :)
15:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11983 normal, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, In Discussion , Code to select patrons to purge needs to be centralized
15:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20469 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, BLOCKED , Add item status to staff article requests form
15:26 Joubu KohaCon18's hackfest will be a good place for that, without you ashimema :-/
15:27 tcohen indeed, what the heck
15:27 ashimema deffo.. that's exactly where I was going with my last comments on that last comment on bug 20469
15:27 Joubu yes ashimema but filter_by_* is not enough
15:28 blou joined #koha
15:28 ashimema I agree
15:28 Joubu we were just moving easy parts so far, it will get complicated (architecturally speaking) when we will move the "C4 core"
15:28 ashimema it was the beggining of a bigger conversation i wanted to push
15:28 Joubu Circulation, Reserve (Can*Be*), etc.
15:29 Joubu $patron->can_reserve($item); $item->can_be_reserved_by($patron; Koha::Circulation::can_be_reserved($patron, $item);
15:29 Joubu we have a lot of possibilities
15:29 ashimema totally
15:30 Joubu keep it in mind and start to think about it ;)
15:30 reiveune bye
15:30 reiveune left #koha
15:30 ashimema I'm also not entirely happy with the current mix of busines logic within model classes..
15:30 ashimema but I've not got my thinking straight yet there so haven't braught it up yet much
15:32 ashimema as I said.. tcohen and I will get cracking on through whats there and keep this stuff in mind as we go.. then we can work out next steps as a team
15:32 tcohen teamwork++
15:33 Joubu 3 is not enough
15:34 ashimema oregon is 8 hours behind me.. I'm thinking of offsetting my days for the kohacon18 hackfest.. see if I can join you remotely
15:34 ashimema if you guys are up for that..
15:34 ashimema 3 is a start ;)
15:34 ashimema it's 2 more than just you ;)
15:34 ashimema My hope is if people see us moving stuff along they'll jump in a bit more
15:42 ashimema grr
15:42 ashimema any idea's where this comes from in the sandboxes
15:42 ashimema File "/home/koha/koha-dev/bin/git-bz", line 1781, in do_apply\n    print "%d - %s" % (patch.attach_id, patch.description)\nUnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2192' in position 56: ordinal not in range(128) at /home/koha/contrib/sandbox/cron/../ line 28.
15:43 Joubu ashimema: are you up-to-date?
15:43 Joubu not you, but your git-bz repo ;)
15:43 ashimema in the sandbox scripts
15:43 ashimema yeah..
15:44 Joubu which bug #?
15:44 ashimema tracking your github git-bz
15:44 ashimema and the apply_on_cascade branch
15:44 ashimema bet you've moved to gitlab for that too haven't you
15:44 ashimema grr
15:44 ashimema not grr at you
15:46 ashimema 12310
15:46 ashimema was the bug
15:47 tuxayo whoops ^^"
15:47 Joubu Applying: Bug 12310: (QA follow-up) Fix typo: unformating → unformatting
15:47 Joubu error: sha1 information is lacking or useless (koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en​/modules/members/
15:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12310 major, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, Failed QA , Decimal separators issues in patrons payments/fines
15:47 Joubu this is what I get
15:52 Joubu jajm: bug 20248,[…]5/
15:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20248 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Passed QA , Elasticsearch - Improvements to mappings UI and indexing script
15:56 tuxayo Joubu: these kind of refactoring (moving to Koha namespace) are definitely important. So ++ for bringing them in the discussion so they don't get forgotten.
15:57 tuxayo I wonder how other comparable projects do in regard of getting ressources for these kind of issues that compromise the viability of the project if neglected.
15:57 oleonard Joubu: In testing Bug 13618, if I see a <script> tag output on the screen that means it's working, correct?
15:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13618 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
15:58 tuxayo Joubu: thanks for the warning about BZ 12310, I'll fix that at the same time with the QA feedbacks
16:00 Joubu thanks tuxayo :)
16:00 Joubu oleonard: it... depends :)
16:02 Joubu oleonard: 99% of the time, when a variable (value from DB and retrieved from the .pl and resent to the template) is a string which contains html tags, the html tags must not be interpreted by the browser and displayed as it
16:02 Joubu so yes, you should see "<script>"
16:02 Joubu however, sometimes (that's the hard bit, when?), we want to store HTML code and style blocks
16:02 Joubu like...
16:04 Joubu branches.opac_info, IntranetUser* and OPACUser* prefs, ISBD view, etc.
16:04 Joubu oleonard: hope that makes sense
16:05 oleonard Yes
16:11 oleonard Anyone know why we don't use gettext for all translatable strings?
16:11 * Joubu just fell of his chair
16:12 Joubu ashimema: I thought you were the author of "Koha::Objects are so awesome [...]"
16:12 Joubu :D
16:12 Joubu oleonard: what do you mean?
16:14 oleonard Like Bug 21156
16:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21156 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Internationalization: plural forms, context, and more for JS files
16:15 oleonard Seems like we could have a single process for strings in templates and javascript
16:16 oleonard I don't know if there's an argument against it besides, "It would be a lot of work."
16:16 ashimema Lol..huh
16:19 tuxayo oleonard: «Anyone know why we don't use gettext for all translatable strings?»
16:19 tuxayo bug 15395 i think
16:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15395 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Internationalization: plural forms, context, and more
16:20 Joubu oleonard: I do not think there are cons, but our custom system works quite well (even if a bit buggy)
16:21 Joubu if we do so we will need to update all the strings, it will be a lot of work and a lot of additional "markers" in the templates
16:21 Joubu we wouldn't win much, but lost a lot of time and energy (what we do not have anyway...)
16:21 oleonard Joubu: ...Which Bugs 15395 and 21156 propose anyway
16:22 Joubu oleonard: you question was about using it everywhere :)
16:22 Joubu your*
16:22 Joubu at least it is how I undestood it
16:23 tuxayo Joubu: I though there would be less markers?
16:23 Joubu tuxayo: for strings in .tt?
16:23 tuxayo We would also win not having the JS broken by the double quote in the translation
16:23 Joubu I am only talking about strings in .tt
16:24 * oleonard probably doesn't know enough to have an intelligent conversation about it
16:24 tuxayo Joubu: ho I though in the .po files
16:24 oleonard just feels like we're doing things halfway and piecemeal
16:25 * oleonard goes back to testing 13618
16:25 Joubu same, I may be missing something (and I am starving)
16:25 tuxayo Not having the translation process to eat CDATA tags in RSS would be a pro also.
16:27 tuxayo I don't know more about of the issues caused by the current system. Maybe we should document them so the benefits of using gettext would be more clear
16:27 tuxayo Joubu: then you are missing food :P
16:28 Joubu heh probably
16:29 Joubu tuxayo: the issues of our current system is that it's custom, hard to read/maintain and does not deal with what bug 15395 is trying to answer
16:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15395 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , Internationalization: plural forms, context, and more
16:30 indradg joined #koha
16:33 * kidclamp waves, sorry all
16:35 tuxayo o/ kidclamp
16:39 * ashimema clocks off.. needs a pint.. it's too hot 😉
16:40 Joubu too bad, you are not gonna cool down with an English beer
16:41 oleonard :D
17:38 cait joined #koha
17:57 lukeG_ joined #koha
18:26 kohaputti_ joined #koha
18:40 kohaputti__ joined #koha
18:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
19:15 Joubu oleonard: did you use "Bug 13618: [DO NOT PUSH] have fun" to insert "bad" data?
19:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13618 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
19:16 oleonard I followed the test plan, "Use t/db_dependent/Koha/Patrons.t to populate your DB with autogenerated data which contain <script> tags"
19:16 Joubu ok thanks
19:18 Joubu oleonard: you are awesome, thanks for testing!!
19:19 oleonard Happy to help!
19:58 KimonoGoddess joined #koha
20:01 KimonoGoddess joined #koha
20:04 KimonoGoddess joined #koha
20:06 lukeG_ joined #koha
20:08 cait oleonard++
20:12 kathryn joined #koha
20:13 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:15 rangi morning
20:16 cait morning rangi
20:17 cait how many different buses?
20:18 rangi just 2
20:20 cait ah :)
20:23 KimonoGoddess joined #koha
20:26 KimonoGoddess joined #koha
20:29 KimonoGoddess joined #koha
20:32 KimonoGoddess joined #koha
20:35 tcohen hi rangi
20:35 rangi hi tcohen
20:40 rangi tcohen: do you like zoos?
20:40 RSutton joined #koha
20:42 tcohen I do
20:42 tcohen it depends on the type of zoo
20:43 rangi a few of us are thinking to go to the zoo on the 9th
20:43 cait few includes me :)
20:43 rangi
20:43 rangi and then look around the park too
20:44 rangi  <-- the zoo is in this park
20:44 tcohen are you joining me?
20:44 tcohen :-D
20:45 cait that was the idea i think :)
20:46 rangi yep :)
20:46 rangi have the free breakfast at the hotel, get the lightrail, look around zoo, have lunch there then look around hte park (if the weather is nice)
20:47 rangi i find the best way to beat jet lag is walking outside and getting tired so you sleep well :)
20:47 rangi Joubu: you are of course invited too!
20:48 cait yep, go to the zoo with us :)
20:53 Abiss joined #koha
20:56 Abiss joined #koha
20:59 Abiss joined #koha
21:02 Abiss joined #koha
21:05 Abiss joined #koha
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 7143: Update timeline (2 new devs) <[…]d6cb473dfe1ee80b6>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21163: Basket group detail page layout is broken <[…]688a94d290680777b>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21149: Fix superlibrarian creation in onboarding <[…]47afdc0f7f84a4ff4>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14662: Add empty entries to pull downs in cataloguing form for mandatory subfields <[…]6479062467a7a9be8>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21145: Do not show buttons for datatables on opac detail page <[…]928e1cad709cb1c3a>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21151: Fix SRU search fields mapping pop-up <[…]79ea69d0526a1a519>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14662: Add empty entries to pull downs on item form for mandatory subfields <[…]b7719434256788b29>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21048: (QA follow-up) Fix authorized value statuses in filter <[…]16dadb8c4301a706b>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21099: Reposition floating toolbars earlier <[…]f9d4ecb2b94b34e6a>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21041: "Merge patrons" button remains disabled with "Select all" option <[…]852f339ba7cd4d882>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21075: Unit tests <[…]45d11fc88d88dc43d>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21075: AutoUnsuspendHolds should unsuspend holds <= today <[…]ce0391b5a40b10b97>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21048: Fix display of suggestion's status (SUGGEST_STATUS) <[…]a496921983a7cc23f>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21018: Allow uris defined in the item <[…]f75fd73a7afeaef16>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21018: Fix TrackClicks for 952$u <[…]6d847f4b37cdfce92>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19436: (QA follow-up) see 19608 Fix use of intranet-bottom in template <[…]018aaf83fb10f96ab>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19436: (QA follow-up) Revert change in _handle_one_result <[…]21985d667ccf26706>
21:32 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19436: Add SRU support for authorities <[…]889dffe9ece32c20d>
21:34 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #523: FAILURE in 35 ms: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/523/
21:39 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #524: STILL FAILING in 32 ms: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/524/
21:40 cait kidclamp++
21:41 kidclamp but I killed Jenkins!
21:41 kidclamp :-)
21:41 kidclamp now I run away before the unit tests call out my mistakes
21:41 rangi heh
21:41 cait hehe
21:44 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #525: STILL FAILING in 32 ms: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/525/
21:49 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #526: STILL FAILING in 34 ms: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/526/
21:54 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #527: STILL FAILING in 44 ms: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/527/
21:59 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #528: STILL FAILING in 38 ms: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/528/
22:02 jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #23: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U18/23/
22:04 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #529: STILL FAILING in 45 ms: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/529/
22:05 * cait has some fun with bugs :)
22:08 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #23: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D8/23/
22:09 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #530: STILL FAILING in 49 ms: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/530/
22:09 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #531: STILL FAILING in 43 ms: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/531/
22:16 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #532: FAILURE in 5 min 26 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/532/
22:40 papa1 joined #koha
22:44 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #533: SUCCESS in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/533/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary