IRC log for #koha, 2018-08-01

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
04:05 irma_ joined #koha
04:17 irma__ joined #koha
04:28 irma___ joined #koha
05:01 kohaputti joined #koha
05:57 fridolin joined #koha
06:16 irma_ joined #koha
06:16 irma__ joined #koha
06:17 irma___ joined #koha
06:22 irma____ joined #koha
06:23 * magnuse waves
06:23 irma_____ joined #koha
06:23 magnuse yay, lots of irmas! :-)
06:24 saa joined #koha
06:24 irma______ joined #koha
06:25 saa many times our koha screen throws error "an error has occurred! Error 500"
06:25 saa after checking intranet log it says End of script output before header
06:25 saa what could be wrong and how to sort it out
06:33 reiveune joined #koha
06:33 reiveune hello
06:34 calire joined #koha
06:35 saa many times our koha screen throws error "an error has occurred! Error 500" [11:54] <saa> after checking intranet log it says End of script output before header
06:42 alex_a joined #koha
06:42 alex_a bonjour
06:45 matts hello
06:45 wahanui privet, matts
06:51 sameee joined #koha
06:53 tuxayo hi #koha o/
06:54 tuxayo saa: some guess:[…]n-apache#34255804
07:13 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:36 * ashimema is on community catch up today.. 18.05.x patching inbound ;)
07:38 magnuse ashimema++
08:25 andreashm joined #koha
08:39 irma_ joined #koha
09:21 kellym joined #koha
09:28 mtj saa:  what url generates the 500 error? what koha verson?
09:56 cait joined #koha
10:53 ashimema_ joined #koha
10:57 andreashm joined #koha
10:57 * andreashm waves
11:07 ncbaratta joined #koha
11:11 alexbuckley joined #koha
11:39 alex_a joined #koha
11:40 saa <tuxayo> saa: some guess:[…]n-apache#34255804
11:40 saa are u thr
11:40 saa i need to know how to sort out in koha
11:40 saa where should i give permissions
11:44 oleonard joined #koha
11:44 oleonard Hi #koha
11:46 Joubu hi #koha
11:46 Joubu saa: something in the logs?
11:46 cait hi #koha
11:46 * andreashm waves
11:47 saa i am getting error 500 and i wish to know where should i change permissions as chmod 755
11:53 oleonard saa: Perhaps if you paste the last few lines of the error log to it will be more clear what the problem is.
11:54 Joubu if you get a 500 there is a more explicit message somewhere in your Koha log files
11:54 ashimema_ left #koha
12:03 saa i have pasted intranet log
12:05 saa actually error is "error has ocurred error 500! this message may have been caused by any of the following reasons: !You made use of an external link to an item that is no longer available. You followed an outdated link. from a search engine or bookmark. You tried to access a page that needs authentication.
12:05 oleonard saa: You have to choose #koha as the channel on the paste page so that we all get a link to it.
12:05 saa An internal link in the client is broken and the page does not exist.
12:05 saa ok
12:07 pastebot "saa" at pasted "Error has occured Error 500" (19 lines) at
12:07 saa i have pasted intranet log
12:08 oleonard saa: Is this a new installation? Or did you just upgrade?
12:08 saa since it was throwing this error on 16.11 we just upgraded to 17.11 but still same error is coming
12:10 AndrewIsh_ joined #koha
12:10 Joubu how often do you get it?
12:12 saa earlier it was very often hence we thought we would upgrade and see
12:13 saa but if u see todays log it is thre after 10 min
12:13 ncbaratta joined #koha
12:13 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:17 Joubu saa: which log file is that?
12:18 saa intranet-error.log
12:19 Joubu try to compare these entries with the access logs
12:19 Joubu in the access logs you should have the parameters passed to the script
12:20 Joubu search for a hit to at 17:03:02, at 17:05:03 then at 17:18:02
12:20 wahanui joined #koha
12:21 Joubu and see if it's the same parameters passed (I am expecting a borrowernumber here)
12:23 alexbuckley joined #koha
12:29 saa let me check and comeback
12:30 saa is this anything to do with non exisiting borrowers
12:40 oleonard Is this a known error when editing patrons? "No property select_city for Koha::Patron at /usr/share/perl5/Exception/Class/ line 73"
12:41 Joubu oleonard: nope
12:42 Joubu Are you on master? I do not recreate it
12:43 Joubu well, I do not have cities defined
12:44 Joubu oleonard: now I get it. Could you report and assign it to me?
12:44 oleonard Yes
12:52 oleonard Bug 21136
12:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21136 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, NEW , Error "No property select_city for Koha::Patron" when saving patron record
12:57 caroline joined #koha
13:00 Joubu thanks oleonard
13:01 kmlussier joined #koha
13:14 kohaputti joined #koha
13:25 cait oleonard: can you sign off?
13:25 cait i can do qa in a bit
13:29 d_antonakis joined #koha
13:34 oleonard cait: Done.
13:35 cait thx!
13:35 Joubu oleonard, cait: I have submitted a patch on bug 21137. It is what I had in mind on bug 19291
13:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21137 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Replace BORROWER_INFO and USER_INFO with logged_in_user
13:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19291 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Make breadcrumbs for OPAC search history consistent with other patron account pages
13:43 oleonard Joubu: I started working on that too, and was planning to put 'othernames' into Do you think we shouldn't?
13:46 Joubu oleonard: yes maybe
13:47 Joubu it's not displayed much at the OPAC
13:53 oleonard yeah I'm not sure if some libraries use it in a way that it's for staff eyes only.
13:54 oleonard I guess it's easier to leave it out and wait for someone to complain (which they haven't done yet)
13:55 tcohen alex_a: around?
13:55 tcohen there's a problem in ES5.6 (current 5.x stable) regarding booleans, have you noticed it?
13:56 tcohen it seems to be a catmandu issue, not properly translating 0/1 into valid JSON boolean
14:04 cait oleonard: i think we use it for father#s name (russian) in some libraries
14:05 caroline Would it be overkill do you think to add a note next to system preferences that require a cron? Like AutoResumeSuspendedHolds, we could write something like "Note: This requires the cronjob. Ask your system administrator to add it."
14:05 cait caroline: i thnk we have it for some, i don#t think it would be overkill
14:05 cait helpful
14:06 caroline I could maybe make a list of all the sysprefs based on the cronjobs in the manual
14:07 caroline And I'll add it to bugzilla (unfortunately, I don't know how to add those descriptions, otherwise, I would do it myself...)
14:07 cait the descriptions are int he .pref files
14:08 cait not too hard, if you want to give it a go
14:08 caroline I would have to commit and everything? >_< Maybe I'll try that on Friday
14:08 cait :)
14:09 cait i have some appointments friday, so migtht not be here, but always happy to help if you get stuck
14:09 caroline btw, Eric asked me to check how much it would cost to fly to Portland! :D
14:09 cait yay!
14:12 caroline What would be the verb to go with a cron job? In the sentence "Ask your system administrator to..." run it? add it? add it to you crontab?
14:12 caroline schedule it?
14:12 Joubu tell him your presence is inestimable for the community
14:14 oleonard caroline: Tell him you won't be accepted into the inner circle until you can appear in person for the hazing process.
14:14 Joubu caroline: usually the crontab already contain the list of all the cronjobs, but commented. So maybe the sys admin will jus need to uncomment it (?)
14:15 cait schedule might be good
14:15 Joubu yep, or set it up
14:15 cait uncommenting is kind of scheduling... i guess?
14:16 Joubu oleonard: what is the hazing processing this year? You are in charge of it, right?
14:16 Joubu patch the oldest opened bug?
14:16 caroline oleonard: ooh! I didn't know I was up for the inner circle ;)
14:17 oleonard Joubu I'm having a hard time getting enough black robes
14:17 caroline Joubu: eesh, I might not be able to do that though!
14:18 cait caroline: you are definitely up :D
14:18 cait oleonard: what about the candles and stuff?
14:19 caroline The oldest opened bug is bug 569 ^
14:19 huginn Bug[…]ow_bug.cgi?id=569 enhancement, P2, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Searches need 'browse' option
14:19 cait maybe we shoudl switch to black superlibrarian capes :)
14:19 oleonard cait: I got a great deal on candles from this place that handles surplus wedding supplies.
14:19 cait lol
14:20 cait oleonard++
14:21 cait hm general meeting tonight
14:23 oleonard We should have taken more pictures at the last ceremony:[…]?p=15331333447778
14:24 cait lol
14:28 cait @wunder Konstanz
14:28 huginn cait: Konstanz, Germany :: Partly Cloudy :: 95F/35C | Wind Chill: 95F/35C | Heat Index: 95F/35C | Wednesday: Scattered thunderstorms possible. Lows overnight in the mid 60s. Wednesday Night: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Low 66F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
14:28 * cait is dying
14:28 Joubu @wunder Buenos Aires
14:29 huginn Joubu: Buenos Aires, Argentina :: Partly Cloudy :: 48F/9C | Wednesday: Mainly sunny. High 51F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday Night: A clear sky. Low 42F. Winds light and variable.
14:29 Joubu feel like it's 5°C!
14:29 tuxayo @wunder Marseille
14:29 huginn tuxayo: Marseille, France :: Clear :: 97F/36C | Heat Index: 101F/38C | Wednesday: Clear. Lows overnight in the mid 70s. Wednesday Night: Clear skies. Low 76F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
14:29 Joubu outch
14:30 tuxayo \o/
14:33 tuxayo Anyway, has anyone heard about BOM (Byte Order Mark) issues? Batch item modification tool can't parse an item number list that starts with a BOM.
14:33 kellym joined #koha
14:34 calire left #koha
14:38 tuxayo He he, when I throw the same file in as a barcode list, I get "3131" as a first char.
14:39 tuxayo So the problem is the non-handling of BOM *and* the ugly error when an itemnumber doesn't match an existing item.
14:39 * tuxayo hopes that the file openning code can easily be changed to handle BOM
15:03 cait if i accidentally deleted my master branch.. how woudl i get it back?
15:03 cait hm ok i think that worked
15:06 fridolin left #koha
15:07 cait oleonard: are you going to sign off on bug 21137?
15:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21137 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Replace BORROWER_INFO and USER_INFO with logged_in_user
15:07 oleonard If no one else gets to it first cait
15:07 cait i will hold out to qa :)
15:12 reiveune bye
15:12 reiveune left #koha
15:22 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21133: Fix use statements order <[…]ab8d4b6c81e9b5b27>
15:27 tuxayo Should I create one bugzilla for {the non-handling of BOM in a tool} and for {error when an itemnumber is invalid is the said tool} ?
15:27 tuxayo Kinda linked and kinda independent
15:27 cait i'd file 2
15:28 tuxayo thanks :)
15:30 misilot joined #koha
15:50 jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:50 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
15:50 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #519: FIXED in 26 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/519/
15:51 jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #19: STILL UNSTABLE in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U18/19/
15:53 Joubu tcohen: ^ it did the job ;)
15:53 tcohen Joubu++
15:59 jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:59 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
15:59 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #20: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_Master_D8/20/
16:15 cait oleonard++ :)
16:22 Joubu oleonard: bug 21139
16:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21139 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , The floating toolbars have some issues
16:23 Joubu it will fix the problem you faced on bug 20044 when resizing the window
16:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20044 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Switch single-column templates to Bootstrap grid: Cataloging
16:46 cait working on the one it depends on right now
16:47 cait bug 21099
16:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21099 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Floating toolbars reposition too late
16:47 cait so if signed off could do both together :)
16:59 jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
16:59 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
16:59 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #29: FIXED in 21 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D8/29/
17:22 cait hm should we change the plugin code?
17:23 cait oleonard: the bug i am looking at modifies /lib/jquery/plugins/jquery.fixFloat.js
17:24 cait but it looks like we already changed it in the past, bug 18305 for example
17:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18305 major, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, CLOSED FIXED, jquery.fixFloat.js breaks advanced MARC editor for some browsers
17:24 oleonard It's not an independently-maintained plugin
17:25 cait can you rephrase that?
17:26 cait sorry, don't understand
17:29 oleonard It's not like other plugins which are maintained independently of Koha.
17:30 cait ah
17:30 cait so I understand it's ok to change :)
17:31 oleonard Yes
17:33 oleonard Joubu: Bug 21139 handles browser width fine as long as the y-axis position of the toolbar isn't affected by the reflow of other elements on the page
17:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21139 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , The floating toolbars have some issues
17:34 oleonard I'm not sure if that's easy to handle or not.
17:47 cait hope Joubu understands that, because I can't follow :)
17:49 MilkManzJourDaddy left #koha
18:02 Joubu oleonard: I thought I understood it, but cannot recreate.
18:09 tuxayo Question about this Perl snippet `my $content=<$filefh>`
18:09 tuxayo is <$foobar> and operation which is a function which gets a ligne from a file handler?
18:09 tuxayo *line
18:13 Joubu oleonard: about bug 20366, did you test the remote branch or the patches on the bug? I do not recreate this one either
18:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20366 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , More information about orders linked to subscriptions on "Acquisition details" tab
18:14 Joubu tuxayo: yes, should be used with a while, or my @lines = <$f
18:14 Joubu erk
18:14 Joubu tuxayo: yes, should be used with a while, or my @lines = <$fh>
18:15 tuxayo Indeed that's the case. Thanks :)
18:15 Joubu tuxayo: ask google for the "diamond operator"
18:15 oleonard Joubu:[…]?p=15331473066753
18:15 oleonard (re: 21139)
18:16 Joubu oleonard: ha! I was not testing on this view
18:16 tuxayo Joubu: thanks. My difficulty is to convert some symbols to something searchable on the web. Does anyone know something that helps about that? (maybe there aren't that many operators to learn?
18:17 oleonard And about 20366, I tested both with the patches and then the remote branch when I worried the patches on the bug weren't up to date.
18:18 Joubu the patches are up to date, what did you test exactly?
18:19 oleonard Not soon as I tried to view I got the error.
18:20 Joubu without order placed on the record?
18:22 oleonard With and without
18:24 Joubu oleonard: any records?
18:26 oleonard Apparently
18:26 wahanui hmmm... Apparently is vitally important to librarians
18:27 Joubu oleonard: 21139 - I do now recreate, the behavior existed prior to the patches. I am not sure how hard it would be to fix it, I suggest to fix it separately :)
18:27 oleonard Fine with me.
18:47 * tuxayo sent a long message: tuxayo_2018-08-01_18:47:26.txt <[…]DMUURMzQEJaayoEJD>
18:55 Joubu choose between "500" or "internal server error" (synonym)
18:56 Joubu and copy the exact error in the description
18:57 * Joubu is installing debian 9 on oleonard's laptop
18:57 Joubu oleonard: you can recreate the issue now ;)
19:05 tuxayo Joubu: thanks!
19:07 cait @wunder Konstanz
19:07 huginn cait: Konstanz, Germany :: Rain :: 74F/23C | Wind Chill: 74F/23C | Wednesday: Thunderstorms. Lows overnight in the mid 60s. Wednesday Night: Thunderstorms likely this evening. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms overnight. Low 64F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%.
19:07 cait RAIN!
19:08 tuxayo Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms and scattered thunderstorms
19:08 tuxayo Enjoy!
19:08 cait this is so good after today's heat
19:15 cait Joubu: still around?
19:16 Joubu yes
19:17 cait looking at the USER.. patches
19:17 cait why  [% IF ( borrower.warndeparture ) %] in
19:18 cait sorry bug 21137
19:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21137 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Replace BORROWER_INFO and USER_INFO with logged_in_user
19:19 Joubu I changed borrower with patron (because it's a Koha::Patron), then I changed USER... with borrower (because it's a hash)
19:19 Joubu it is usually what is done so far
19:19 Joubu yes it's bad, but we are in transition ;)
19:20 Joubu all the logic code in should be removed, but it's out of the scope
19:20 cait just not spotting yet wher eit came from
19:20 cait the borrower
19:20 wahanui the borrower is restricted, borrower has no restrictions.
19:21 Joubu `git grep 'scalar Koha::Patrons'`
19:21 cait becuase you remove -    borrower                 => scalar Koha::Patrons->find($borrowernumber),
19:21 Joubu you will find it
19:22 cait i only got 3 hit
19:22 cait s
19:22 cait none is in opac-user
19:23 Joubu ok sorry, so the Koha::Patron is logged_in_user (sent from C4::Auth)
19:23 Joubu and the $borrower hash which contains the extra info comes from:
19:23 Joubu 173                     borrower          => $borr,
19:24 cait ah
19:25 cait my $borr = $patron->unblessed;
19:25 cait got you
19:25 cait thx for explaining!
19:25 cait Joubu++
19:26 oleonard Bye #koha
19:39 cait @later tell tcohen should column visibility show in the opac items table?
19:39 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
19:40 Joubu cait:     Bug 16759: Make OPAC holdings table configurable
19:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16759 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, RESOLVED FIXED, Make OPAC holdings table configurable
19:43 cait Joubu: yes, but i think we didn't show the config option
19:45 Joubu hum yes, looks buggy too
19:45 cait we just tested the dev in 17.11
19:45 cait that's why i was surprised
19:47 cait 17.11 doesn't show it
19:49 cait Joubu: something's wrong with the toolbar for me on bug 21139
19:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21139 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , The floating toolbars have some issues
19:50 cait scroll down, resize window, scroll back up - the toolbar 'unlocks' in the wrong spot
19:52 cait with and without hte patches
19:52 cait is that the error you were talking about to fix separately?
19:53 Joubu @later tell tcohen it's bug 7547
19:53 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:53 Joubu cait ^
19:53 Joubu I commented on the bug
19:53 cait bug 7547
19:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7547 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Printing a sorted cart
19:54 cait thx :)
19:54 cait 5 minutes to meeting
19:54 Joubu cait: on which page do you have the "unlock in the wrong spot" problem?
19:54 cait get ready everyone!
19:55 cait patron edit
19:55 cait see pm for the screenshot
19:58 thd joined #koha
19:58 davidnind joined #koha
19:59 * cait waves at davidnind
20:00 caroline Nz is waking up! :)
20:00 bag ha
20:01 davidnind waves...
20:01 * wahanui rides the waves|
20:01 cait as kidclamp is on vacatoin, who will chair? :)
20:01 MichaelKuhn joined #koha
20:02 caroline wahanui will chair, can't wait to see how that will go
20:02 wahanui caroline: what?
20:02 cait heh
20:02 cait i can do it if noone else wants to
20:02 Joubu cait++
20:02 Joubu :D
20:03 cait #startmeeting General IRC meeting 1 August 2018
20:03 huginn Meeting started Wed Aug  1 20:03:10 2018 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
20:03 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:03 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 1 August 2018)
20:03 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_1_august_2018'
20:03 cait #topic Introductions
20:03 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
20:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 1 August 2018)
20:03 cait please introduce yourself with #info following wahanui's example
20:03 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_1_August_2018 today's agenda
20:03 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro
20:03 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
20:03 tuxayo caroline: considering it's response, that wouldn't have gone well :P
20:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:04 davidnind #info David Nind, wellington, New Zealand
20:04 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
20:05 cait giving it a minute longer or so
20:05 MichaelKuhn #info Michael Kuhn, Switzerland
20:05 cait tuxayo: ?
20:06 cait ok, moving on then
20:06 cait #topic Announcements
20:06 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 1 August 2018)
20:06 cait any announcements anyone?
20:07 cait ok, moving on
20:07 kathryn joined #koha
20:07 cait #topic Update on releases
20:07 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 1 August 2018)
20:07 cait RMaints?
20:07 wahanui RMaints is ashimema (18.05), fridolin (17.11 and 17.05)
20:08 cait i don't think anyone is here :)
20:08 cait ok, moving on
20:08 davidnind1 joined #koha
20:08 cait #topic Encouraging sign-offs/testers
20:08 Topic for #koha is now Encouraging sign-offs/testers (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 1 August 2018)
20:08 cait this is from me and i am here.. so:
20:09 cait at the moment the QA queue is mostly under control, but we got 66 bugs waiting for sign-off and 245 bugs total
20:09 cait so that's unusual high
20:09 cait on top of that i got feedback from someone who was willing to sign offf, that all sandboxes are broken
20:10 cait that means all 3 providers of sandboxes and no note on the wiki about if it's maintenance or whatever
20:10 cait I've tried, it's at least since last week, maybe longer
20:10 georgew joined #koha
20:11 cait #info All sandboxes are currently down. There is no info if this if for maintenance on the wiki.
20:11 cait i think none of hte hosters are around, apart from bag maybe?
20:12 bag yeah not sure why our’s are down - we’ll take a look
20:12 cait thx bag
20:13 cait @action bag to check on status of Bywater's sandboxes
20:13 huginn cait: downloading the Perl source
20:13 Joubu they all have a different errors, that's fun
20:13 cait #action  bag to check on status of Bywater's sandboxes
20:13 cait yeah :(
20:14 cait the other question was if we could add a keyword for bugs testable on sandboxes
20:14 cait we use Academy for easy bugs, but sometimes those are related to documentaiton fixes in cronjobs or similar, so not testable
20:14 Joubu or the reverse?
20:14 caroline I think it's a good idea from a search point of view
20:15 Joubu most of them should be testable on a sandbox
20:15 cait currently there is a lot of elastic
20:15 cait that's a bit harder as you have to clean indexes etc
20:15 cait so maybe a keyword to mark them could help
20:16 cait could maybe jsut be Sandbox
20:16 tuxayo cait: no really here, sorry.
20:16 tuxayo Thanks for the notification :)
20:16 Joubu that would implicitely mean than others are not testable on a sandbox
20:17 cait not necessarily
20:17 cait we have easy bugs not marked Academy
20:17 Joubu ok
20:18 cait it oculd help before events or when someone asks for finding some bugs they could test
20:18 cait bag, around?
20:19 bag yes
20:19 cait #topic KohaCon18
20:19 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon18 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 1 August 2018)
20:19 cait sneaking i another topic for a little update
20:19 bag So right now we’re expecting around 150 people maybe a few more
20:19 bag The program is set
20:20 bag https://kohacon2018.bywatersol[…]com/schedule.html
20:20 bag We are still seaking sponsors to help with the costs - only 3 pledges so far (and 2 more that said they will commit some funds)
20:21 cait #info Program is set
20:21 thd Is there a room sharing board?
20:21 cait #link https://kohacon2018.bywatersol[…]com/schedule.html Program
20:21 cait #info Still seaking sponsors!
20:22 bag Cultural day will be an optional fun run/walk in the early morning.  Then going to the Portland history musuem, lunch, and then to the Japanese Gardens for the afternoon.
20:22 * thd will send a message to mailing list about possibly sharing a room
20:22 bag Bring ideas for the hackfest (the style will be an unconference)
20:23 bag any other questions?
20:23 cait #info Cultural day will be an optional fun run/walk in the early morning.  Then going to the Portland history musuem, lunch, and then to the Japanese Gardens for the afternoon.
20:23 bag hmm…  Don’t know about room sharing board...
20:23 cait #info Bring ideas for the hackfest! (style will be an unconference)
20:23 cait registrations? :)
20:24 bag what do you mean “registrations”?
20:24 Joubu what do you mean "unconference"? :)
20:24 cait how many registrations:) just curious
20:25 bag ah unconference - no set schedule :)  we’ll decide what we’re going to do on the different days of the hackfest.  I think that the RM will be a default leader of those days
20:25 Joubu yep, excellent
20:25 bag we have 188 registered so far - I am expecting so where around 150 to show up
20:25 davidnind1 Is there a cutoff date for registrations?
20:26 bag no cut off date
20:26 cait #info 188 registrations so far - no cutoff for registrations
20:26 davidnind1 Thanks!
20:27 cait ok, if there aren't anymore questions, we can move on?
20:28 cait #topic KohaCon19
20:28 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon19 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 1 August 2018)
20:28 cait #info there are 2 bids for KohaCon19 with bidding now officially closed: Dublin and Stockholm
20:29 cait so we will have a vote!
20:29 cait is someone willing to organize? I think the last ones were done by drojf, who is not here tonight
20:30 caroline how does it work?
20:30 cait i thin the last were done using limesurvey or similar
20:30 cait it's supposed to be an online form that people can fill out
20:31 caroline Ok, I guess it's not that complicated, I could try to organize the vote
20:31 thd We should not actually vote until late September to avoid missing too many people on holiday.
20:31 caroline Do we have a start/end date to the vote?
20:31 davidnind1 https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]sses_for_KohaCons
20:31 Joubu well yes it is, I think we had issue last time with people voting several times
20:31 cait ah thx perfect davidnind
20:31 cait was just looking for that page
20:31 cait davidnind++
20:31 Joubu so it should be hosted to remove duplicates
20:32 caroline cool thanks davidnind1
20:33 Joubu apparently we did not host it last time, there is "How to minimise potential issues: " section
20:33 cait #action caroline to organize the vote
20:33 thd As there are only two options we do not have to worry about the complexities of the methodology for counting ranked votes.
20:34 bag yeah probably have it that you can only choose one
20:34 cait choose your preferrd
20:34 * caroline adds organize voting on her todo
20:34 cait as both locations are in europe, they are kind of close :)
20:35 cait when should the vote finish?
20:35 bag Sept 30th?
20:35 thd A sophisticated survey might try to catch some null option where people are voting without a real preference but we should avoid the complexity required to account for such voting.
20:35 cait both proposals are between may and june
20:36 davidnind1 Two great looking options, thanks to the bidders for putting in the time and effort!
20:36 cait stockholm++ dublin++ :)
20:36 davidnind1 And taking on the challenge!
20:36 cait september 30th sounds good to me
20:36 cait caroline: you think it's ok?
20:36 cait we should have a few weeks for voting to catch the people on vacation
20:37 caroline Well, I'm going to need a bit of time to get to know limesurvey and have it installed here
20:37 thd How the choices should be ordered should be considered.  There is probably some advantage to whomever appears first on the ballot.
20:37 cait with 2 options?
20:37 cait i think we should not overcomplicate
20:37 caroline I'm going to give it a month and a half after it's up
20:37 caroline is that ok?
20:37 thd Even with 2 options the first option probably has some advantage.
20:37 cait fine by me, i think 4 weeks would be good too
20:38 bag thd: do you always vote for the first option?
20:38 georgew Limesurvey allows you to randomize question order
20:38 thd ... that actually goes to the point of some people not having a strong prefernce.
20:38 caroline ok so between 4-6 weeks
20:38 caroline randomize the questions and ask for name, email, institution
20:38 thd bag: No, I always vote for the least popular option ;)
20:38 bag georgew++
20:39 cait georgew: thx :)
20:39 caroline anything else I'm missing?
20:39 cait does that also cover the otpions in the questions?
20:39 georgew Yes, I believe it does
20:39 cait cool
20:39 cait caroline++
20:40 cait if there is nothing else, i am moving toward ending the meeting
20:40 cait when shall we meet next?
20:40 cait august 5?
20:41 cait 13 utc?
20:41 thd Randomised question order could help if limesurvey can do that.
20:41 davidnind1 Date and time ok to me!
20:42 thd Aug?
20:42 thd or Sep.?
20:42 cait sorry september
20:42 cait first wednesday
20:43 cait joubu can you help me out with the formatting?
20:43 Joubu #info Next meeting: 5 September 2018, 13 UTC
20:43 Joubu that?
20:43 wahanui that is still relevant
20:43 cait thx
20:43 cait #endmeeting
20:43 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:43 huginn Meeting ended Wed Aug  1 20:43:32 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:43 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-08-01-20.03.html
20:43 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-08-01-20.03.txt
20:43 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]01-20.03.log.html
20:43 cait thx all!
20:43 davidnind1 cait++
20:43 bag cait++
20:44 bag One last point - very exctied to see y’all in Portland for KohaCon18!!! should be THE fun!
20:45 cait :D
20:45 davidnind1 Looking forward to it - my first KohaCon in real life!
20:48 davidnind1 left #koha
20:48 cait looking forward to meet you!
20:49 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:52 ashimema Balls... Too late
20:52 cait hehe
20:52 ashimema I blame vacation brain.. got my days totally muddled.. apologies for missing it
20:52 cait you missed me being grumpy about the sandboxes
20:55 caroline Good news! We already have Limesurvey installed
20:56 cait :)
20:57 ashimema Those are also on my list
20:59 rangi morning
21:00 caroline Hello rangi !
21:00 ashimema Lol, someone's out of office just stretchedy German a bit..
21:02 la_mettrie joined #koha
21:03 la_mettrie left #koha
21:26 tcohen hi
21:26 tcohen cait: yes
21:27 cait ashimema: oh?
21:34 ashimema My German is bad.. it was nice to have an excuse to try and remind myself 😉
21:36 cait tcohen: hm?
21:37 tcohen nevermind?
21:37 tcohen he
21:37 tcohen I missed the meeting!
21:39 cait you are not alone
21:40 caroline bye all!
22:16 cait Joubu: is bug 20044 correct in FQA with your follow-up?
22:16 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20044 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Switch single-column templates to Bootstrap grid: Cataloging
22:17 Joubu I am waiting for Owen to test
22:17 cait ok
22:39 cait @later tell khall forgot if I sent you a later already, looks like your dev env is misconfigured: John Doe <>
22:39 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
22:40 cait @seen khall
22:40 huginn cait: khall was last seen in #koha 2 weeks, 0 days, 9 hours, and 45 seconds ago: <khall> yes, I think we should. I'll go ahead and submit a squashed patch set to bugzilla
23:22 cait @later tell oleonard could you maybe take another look at bug 20312? I was not sure about the look and the Javascript
23:22 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary