IRC log for #koha, 2018-05-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:03 Francesca joined #koha
00:34 Francesca joined #koha
01:41 Francesca joined #koha
02:13 kathryn joined #koha
03:05 Francesca joined #koha
03:16 mtj hey #koha, this might be handy for some... ->[…]-meltdown-checker
03:19 mtj to run when sitting down, holding a biscuit or similar
03:41 mtj joined #koha
03:42 alohalog` joined #koha
05:19 z0k joined #koha
05:42 cait joined #koha
05:59 calire joined #koha
06:09 magnuse joined #koha
06:25 paul_p joined #koha
06:35 magnuse \o/
06:36 magnuse @aewethereyet
06:36 huginn magnuse: I've exhausted my database of quotes
06:36 magnuse @arewethereyet
06:36 huginn magnuse: YES!
06:36 magnuse w00t!
06:36 reiveune joined #koha
06:36 reiveune hello
06:42 laurence joined #koha
06:43 z0k joined #koha
06:46 alex_a joined #koha
06:46 alex_a bonjour
06:46 wahanui what's up, alex_a
06:58 fridolin joined #koha
06:58 fridolin hi there
07:02 cait joined #koha
07:03 sophie_m joined #koha
07:11 eythian rangi: happy belated birthday
07:16 greenjimll joined #koha
07:16 magnuse yeah, happy birthday rangi!
07:18 sophie_m left #koha
07:21 sophie_m joined #koha
07:25 cait joined #koha
07:59 magnuse kia ora cait
08:12 JesseM_away joined #koha
08:16 jcamins joined #koha
08:19 severine_q joined #koha
08:21 severine_q hello #koha !
08:22 magnuse hiya severine_q
08:23 severine_q hi magnuse
08:23 wahanui kamelåså
08:23 * cait waves
08:23 cait good morning #koha
08:23 severine_q bonjour cait :)
08:24 calire left #koha
08:24 calire joined #koha
08:37 drojf joined #koha
08:37 drojf hi #koha
08:44 cait hi drojf
09:15 fridolin left #koha
09:17 fridolin joined #koha
09:27 alexbuckley joined #koha
09:43 kidclamp joined #koha
09:58 ashimema_ joined #koha
10:00 ashimema_ left #koha
10:32 z0k joined #koha
11:06 Francesca joined #koha
11:09 kellym joined #koha
11:15 cait hi severine_q!
11:20 ncbaratta joined #koha
11:27 Guest3141 Project Koha_17.11_D8 build #49: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.11_D8/49/
11:27 Guest3141 * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19546: Run starman from the instance's home dir
11:27 Guest3141 * Bug 19546: (QA follow-up) Make the returning cd more fool proof
11:27 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20584: Prevent Koha/Patron/Categories.t to fail randomly
11:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19546 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Stable , Make koha-plack run Starman from the instance's directory
11:27 Guest3141 * kyle: Bug 18725: Prevent process_message_queue to send duplicate emails if
11:27 Guest3141 * Bug 18725: (QA follow-up) Use make_column_dirty instead of status change
11:28 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18725: Test return values of make_column_dirty
11:28 Guest3141 * kyle: Bug 20562: issue_id is not stored in accountlines for rental fees
11:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20584 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Koha/Patron/Categories.t is on slow servers
11:28 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20562: Pass the Koha::Checkout object to AddIssuingCharge
11:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18725 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , sends duplicate emails if message_queue is not writable
11:28 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20562: Fix Returns.t test
11:28 Guest3141 * andrew.isherwood: Bug 20556: Marking ILL request as complete..
11:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20562 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , issue_id is not stored in accountlines for rental fees
11:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20556 major, P2, ---, andrew.isherwood, Pushed to Stable , Marking ILL request as complete results in "Internal server error"
11:28 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19030: Preserve link between order and subscription when editing an
11:28 Guest3141 * Nick Clemens: Bug 20687: Check all share keys for a given list
11:28 Guest3141 * Bug 20687: (follow-up) Look for invitekey in show_accept and fix error
11:28 Guest3141 * Bug 11943: Prevent double accepts in Koha::Virtualshelfshare
11:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19030 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Link order <-> subscription is lost when an order is edited
11:28 Guest3141 * Bug 11943: Add unit test for double accepts
11:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20687 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Stable , Multiple invitations to share lists prevents some users from accepting
11:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11943 normal, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Stable , Koha::Virtualshelfshare duplicates rows for the same list
11:31 oleonard joined #koha
11:31 oleonard Hi #koha
11:54 Guest3141 Project Koha_17.05_D8 build #99: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_17.05_D8/99/
11:54 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20455: Fix sort patrons by date expired
11:54 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19673: Allow to set patron attributes to 0 with batch patron
11:54 Guest3141 * lari.taskula: Bug 20490: Correct bug number typo in comment in Circulation.t
11:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20455 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Can't sort patron search on date expired
11:54 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20503: Prevent Borrower_PrevCheckout.t to fail randomly
11:54 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18474: Restore multiple holds when patron is searched for
11:54 Guest3141 * kyle: Bug 18474: (QA follow-up) Remove useless else in template
11:54 Guest3141 * christophe.croullebois: Bug 20318: Merge invoices can lead to an merged invoice without Invoice
11:54 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20318: Add class 'required' to the label
11:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19673 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Patron batch modification tool cannot use authorised value "0"
11:54 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20462: Ensure batch item deletion will not delete the same item
11:54 Guest3141 * kyle: Bug 20369: Analytics search is broken with QueryAutoTruncate set to
11:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20490 trivial, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Pushed to Stable , Correct wrong bug number in comment in Circulation.t
11:54 Guest3141 * Nick Clemens: Bug 20282: Match course reserve on holdingbranch
11:54 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19578: Remove MARC punctuation in notices (TT syntax)
11:54 Guest3141 * jweaver: Bug 19267: Rancor - Warn before leaving page if record modified
11:54 Guest3141 * mtompset: Bug 20122: Explicitly set path to fix emptying cart functionality
11:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20503 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Borrower_PrevCheckout.t  is failing randomly
11:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18474 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Placing multiple holds from results breaks when patron is searched for
11:54 Guest3141 * claire.gravely: Bug 20552: Fix HTML tag for search facets
11:54 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20721: (bug 19403 follow-up) Prevent Circulation.t to fail randomly
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20318 normal, P5 - low, ---, christophe.croullebois, Pushed to Stable , Merge invoices can lead to an merged invoice without Invoice number
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20462 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Duplicate barcodes in batch item deletion cause software error if deleting biblio records
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20369 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , Analytics search is broken with QueryAutoTruncate set to 'only if * is added'
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20282 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Stable , Wrong attribute in template calls to match holding branch when adding/editing a course reserve item
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19578 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , TT syntax for notices - There is no way to pre-process DB fields
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19267 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Stable , Advanced Editor - Rancor - Add warning before leaving page if there are unsaved modifications
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20122 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Pushed to Stable , Empty and close link on cart page not working
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20552 minor, P5 - low, ---, claire_gravely, Pushed to Stable , Fix HTML tag for search facets
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20721 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Circulation.t keeps failing randomly
11:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19403 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Again and again, Circulation.t is failing randomly
12:07 marcelr joined #koha
12:08 marcelr hi #koha
12:12 tuxayo hi marcelr o/
12:14 marcelr o/
12:14 sophie_m joined #koha
12:46 LeeJ joined #koha
12:46 * LeeJ waves
12:46 LeeJ hi #koha
12:54 LeeJ tcohen: around?
12:54 LeeJ @seen tcohen
12:54 huginn LeeJ: tcohen was last seen in #koha 20 hours, 20 minutes, and 29 seconds ago: <tcohen> will work on that after lunch!
12:55 oleonard joined #koha
12:56 severine_q joined #koha
12:59 tuxayo Does anyone know where are the dumps stored in the KohaDevBox?
12:59 tuxayo I want to know where to download a 17.11.x one
13:00 tcohen hi
13:00 wahanui bonjour, tcohen
13:01 tcohen hi LeeJ
13:02 magnuse tuxayo: do you mean the files that koha produce as backup?
13:02 magnuse they would be in /var/spool/koha/, but only if your devbox was running at the time that koha is set up to run backups
13:02 tuxayo hi LeeJ , hi tcohen  :)
13:03 LeeJ hiya tcohen tuxayo
13:03 tuxayo magnuse: the ones that are loaded when doing reset_all ou reset_all_unimarc
13:03 LeeJ tcohen: did you see rangi's note about the REST DNS?
13:03 tcohen LeeJ: yes
13:03 tcohen thanks
13:04 Joubu tcohen: could you SO 20801 and 20802?
13:04 tcohen sue
13:04 tcohen sure
13:04 Joubu tuxayo: see the misc4dev scripts
13:05 Joubu or kohadevbox's readme
13:06 LeeJ tcohen: I don't want to duplicate work so when you get chance would you mind looking over the enhancement tasks #217-226 and let me know if they will all be documented on the api website or which ones (if any) I need to have documented[…]ohadocs-1805/us/7
13:06 tcohen LeeJ: most of them are internals/plumbing
13:06 tcohen so I guess any doc is just devs documentation, not end users
13:07 LeeJ tcohen: so I'm fine to just skip over them for docs purposes?
13:07 tcohen then, those that 'add routes' are the important for endusers
13:07 tcohen and will be documented on the API page
13:07 LeeJ sweet
13:07 LeeJ thanks :D
13:08 alex_a_ joined #koha
13:10 LeeJ tcohen: that literally makes my morning lol
13:11 tcohen most of the dev time for the API is spent on documenting it
13:11 tcohen and writing tests
13:11 wahanui writing tests is great!
13:13 eythian says the bot with no test cases
13:14 LeeJ I'm actually reading more "programming theory" books that really make a good case for the use of test cases
13:15 LeeJ plus I also had our library purchase a copy of O'Reilly's Perl Testing book :)
13:16 eythian we don't really do that much at $employer, but we can throw a few million users at some code for a while, and switch it off if it starts showing issues.
13:16 tcohen hahahhahahahahahhahahaha
13:16 tcohen that's why my reservation failed this weekend, isn't it?
13:16 eythian probably not in the weekend, things shouldn't be getting changed much then
13:17 * eythian sees no records of outages then.
13:17 * eythian assumes user error ;)
13:20 LeeJ eythian: hahaha
13:20 eythian essentially we trade tests for extremely comprehensive monitoring.
13:21 tuxayo Joubu: thanks, I'm trying the run automated tests on the 17.11x
13:21 tuxayo Actually, all the data should be there so no need
13:22 * tcohen shouldn't blame the system for credit card communication problems
13:22 tuxayo to download manually the sample data
13:22 tcohen (it happened on friday)
13:22 tuxayo as it comes with the code.
13:24 kmlussier joined #koha
13:24 caroline joined #koha
13:24 Joubu tuxayo: reset_all call do_all_what_you_can from misc4dev which will drop the DB and insert all the sample data
13:24 LeeJ tcohen: one last API should we handle #324-325?[…]hadocs-1805/us/74
13:25 LeeJ doc it in the manual or the API site?
13:25 LeeJ tr/it/them/
13:26 tuxayo Joubu: That's by exploring that I found this :)
13:26 tuxayo So just doing reset_all and running the test worked, this is great :)
13:26 tcohen LeeJ: no, that should go to the docs
13:26 tcohen ask jajm or ashimema please :-D
13:27 LeeJ tcohen: okay! What I'll do is re-add the API section heading with the info for those 2 bugs
13:27 LeeJ tcohen: well now I know who else to pester :P
13:27 tcohen :-D
13:28 Joubu tuxayo: it's on kohadevbox's readme ;)
13:29 drojf tcohen: no objections to my http::oai approach?
13:29 tuxayo Joubu: I knew that when one want's to use the interface but somehow though that it wasn't the same for the tests
13:30 tcohen drojf: I like the approach
13:30 tuxayo *wants
13:30 tcohen I'm trying to build it to test it
13:30 drojf tcohen: cool
13:30 drojf tcohen: it's in the unstable repo
13:30 drojf rc2-4
13:30 oleonard There's been a lot of progress on REST... I'm curious if these fit in: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]26&list_id=240940
13:30 oleonard They've been awaiting signoff for a long time
13:30 tcohen ah
13:31 tcohen simpler :-D
13:31 LeeJ drojf: did you get my later from the other day? :)
13:31 drojf LeeJ: yes, a few hours ago ;) because i did not say hi to huginn before
13:31 drojf LeeJ: the problem should be gone. or do you still run into it?
13:34 LeeJ drojf: I've been trying to finalize the 18.05 docs so I haven't touched my devbox yet..I'll give it a try after I wrap up the straggling tasks and let you know :)
13:35 drojf cool ,thanks
13:39 * LeeJ waves to caroline didn't see you come in :)
13:39 caroline LeeJ: Hi! I entered quietly ;)
13:39 LeeJ caroline: ooh sneaky
13:40 LeeJ caroline: I made tons of progress over the weekend/yesterday
13:40 LeeJ caroline: hope you enjoyed Patriot's/Victoria Day :)
13:41 caroline LeeJ: I saw, I received so many emails from taiga!
13:41 LeeJ caroline: whoops! ;)
13:41 caroline LeeJ: I'll look through the remaining tasks in between my normal work
13:42 caroline LeeJ: I saw some were related to UNIMARC, I'll ask the French group if they can help me
13:43 LeeJ caroline: no problem! FYI..the REST API will, for the majority of it, be moved to a separate API website on (as far as all the API enhancement tasks). I'm working on adding the new features for API to the manual right now
13:44 caroline LeeJ: ok, I guess we just document the end user stuff
13:44 LeeJ caroline: that would be a huge help because UNIMARC is very foreign to me and I don't have the time to learn/set up a box :)
13:45 caroline LeeJ: yeah, I don't know UNIMARC either, I think it's just used in France
13:46 LeeJ caroline: kind of, yes...endpoints and such will be on the site...the doc will really only have credentials and key stuff currently (at least my understanding of how it'll be separated)
13:48 LeeJ tcohen: last time I'll be bugging you for a while...just an FYI that I'm putting in a short placeholder description for the API until you finish one like we talked about yesterday :)
13:55 tcohen next meeting?
13:55 wahanui next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
13:55 tcohen LeeJ: ok
13:55 tcohen I'm still busy to tkae care of it
13:56 mtompset joined #koha
13:56 LeeJ tcohen: no problem..just a reminder :)
13:57 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
13:57 mtompset Greetings, LeeJ
13:57 LeeJ hiya mtompset
13:58 * mtompset smirks.
13:58 mtompset I was just about to sign off bug 20800, tcohen
13:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20800 normal, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Passed QA , Keep Koha on Stretch from using broken libhttp-oai-perl
13:59 mtompset Shall I retro sign off, so it looks like the right order, tcohen?
14:05 tcohen if you want to stamp your signature, please do
14:07 Joubu Could someone review https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]#MariaDB_or_MySQL
14:07 Joubu and https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]BMS_configuration
14:07 Joubu please
14:10 Joubu so on Koha_on_ubuntu we have a reference to the sql-modes problem, and on Koha_on_debian we have a ref to the AI problem...
14:14 mtompset The only thing I don't like about the first link is that both mariadb and mysql are in boxes.
14:14 mtompset Only one should be, because the point is to simplify it for lazy people to cut and paste.
14:14 Joubu *OR* is also in maj and bold
14:15 mtompset That expects people to read.
14:15 mtompset I admit to not always reading. :)
14:15 Joubu feel free to update, I have c/p this block on koha_on_debian
14:15 mtompset Because honestly, I think we should be pushing MariaDB more than MySQL. :)
14:17 mtompset Also, on the DBMS page, I would give preference to the latter, as I believe I encountered apparmour issues with the former.
14:17 Joubu that's why I put it first
14:17 mtompset certainly /etc/mysql/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf
14:17 mtompset You put my.cnf first.
14:18 * mtompset appreciates, but really hates apparmour.
14:20 tcohen jajm: do you know what those are?
14:20 tcohen it seems they are misspelled?
14:21 LeeJ Joubu: one more feature to be added and all of 18.05's applicable new features are documented :)
14:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20801: Make dependency on memcached mandatory <[…]193cd7e8a06efa653>
14:21 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20800: Keep Koha on Stretch from using broken libhttp-oai-perl <[…]917e7f9920f7d9175>
14:22 mtompset All hail the new documentation king! ;)
14:22 * LeeJ adjusts crown
14:23 LeeJ mtompset: but really though...I blame my first boss that I had here for getting me into documentation because she made it enjoyable
14:23 LeeJ still can't comprehend how lol
14:29 drojf Joubu: are you going to push more stuff or are you done?
14:32 Joubu LeeJ: great :)
14:32 Joubu drojf: pm
14:36 jajm tcohen, what is mispelled ?
14:40 gaetan_B joined #koha
14:40 cait tcohen: i didn't get the joke :(
14:40 gaetan_B left #koha
14:42 tcohen that report doesn't seem to work, and it looks weird that
14:42 tcohen if($column_attribute_type) {
14:42 tcohen $strcalc .= " column_attribute ";
14:42 tcohen shouldn't it be $column_attribute_type
14:42 tcohen cait: what joke?
14:42 cait tcohen: the one that had you rofl in email
14:43 tcohen ah, ashimema promised he will get stuck soon, I found it amusing he
14:45 mtompset BTW, what are the default passwords for the sample data in the kohadevbox?
14:45 mtompset I thought the cardnumber would be the password.
14:45 jajm tcohen, i'm not sure but i think 'column_attribute' is the alias of some column in the query
14:46 tcohen ok
14:48 tcohen @later tell khall I've just added a followup for bug 20703, feel free to make it void LOL
14:48 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
14:54 * LeeJ waves to cait
14:54 cait mtompset: ?
14:54 cait mtompset: i always set a new password, but admin admin is a superlibrarian user
14:56 Guest3141 Project Koha_Master_D8 build #491: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/491/
14:56 Guest3141 * mirko: Bug 20800: Keep Koha on Stretch from using broken libhttp-oai-perl
14:56 tuxayo Hi, on a DevBox, with marc21 data, should "prove t/db_dependent" fail?
14:56 Guest3141 * mirko: Bug 20801: Make dependency on memcached mandatory
14:56 tuxayo t/db_dependent/Koha_Elasticsearch_Indexer.t is run even if the DevBox isn't configured for ES. Is that expected?
14:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20800 normal, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Pushed to Master , Keep Koha on Stretch from using broken libhttp-oai-perl
14:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20801 normal, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Pushed to Master , Make dependency on memcached mandatory
14:57 mtompset cait, the hashed password is 42b29d0771f3b7ef
14:57 mtompset But I don't know the password, and it doesn't seem documented -- *cough cough* LeeJ ;)
14:57 cait i don't think devbox doc is a manual task
14:57 mtompset Don't worry, LeeJ. It isn't your fault. :)
14:58 mtompset cait, probably not. But I was wondering if anyone remembers.
14:59 Joubu tuxayo: what is failing?
14:59 wahanui failing is a great thing!
15:00 Joubu wahanui: really?
15:00 wahanui really is more trouble than she's worth.
15:01 TGoat joined #koha
15:02 tuxayo Joubu: missing deps as the DevBox is a basic one (no ES)[…]VUSrkGH+XW2W+MSY=
15:02 tuxayo So is ES mandatory to run the test suite?
15:08 reiveune bye
15:08 reiveune left #koha
15:13 Joubu tuxayo: see bug 18738
15:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18738 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Koha_Elasticsearch_Indexer.t fails if Elasticsearch is configured but not running
15:13 Joubu and bug 20576
15:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20576 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , t/db_dependent/Koha_SearchEn​gine_Elasticsearch_Search.t fails if Elasticsearch is configured but not running
15:23 edveal joined #koha
15:25 LeeJ mtompset: stop blaming me :P
15:28 mtompset I blame you, because I love you, man. :)
15:31 LeeJ yeah yeah
15:31 LeeJ mtompset: maybe if you were to contribute to the manual...
15:32 fridolin left #koha
15:53 Joubu @later tell rangi can you give me permissions on[…]vs-users/kohadocs I will need it to export it (and reimport it into gitlab/k-c)
15:53 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
15:53 mtompset valid counter-jab. :)
15:53 laurence left #koha
16:00 cait hi oleonard :)
16:00 cait still around?
16:00 oleonard Yes
16:01 cait i am not changing the circ bar I think
16:01 cait i am only changing behaviour for currencies
16:01 cait but i am workin gon other patches to make it more consistent
16:01 cait it#s not at the momemnt
16:02 cait hm
16:02 cait or maybe i misunderstood
16:02 cait do you mean the administration links on the acq start page?
16:02 oleonard My comments refer to the left-hand sidebar menu on administration pages
16:02 cait ah!
16:02 cait yeah that's my fault
16:02 cait i made administration correct and forgot those :D
16:03 cait i will provide a follow-up, thx a lot for testing :)
16:03 cait oooh and for a sign-off
16:03 cait oleonard++
16:06 Pepper joined #koha
16:07 tuxayo Joubu: thanks, I'll take a look at these patches to SO
16:08 Bmagic joined #koha
16:17 Joubu mtompset: what's the point of https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ki/Koha_on_Ubuntu ?
16:17 Joubu should not it redirect to https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ubuntu_-_packages ?
16:32 paul_p joined #koha
16:49 mtompset Because some may wish to install from source.
16:49 mtompset You know... old school git installs.
16:51 mtompset Unless we are trying to burn technological learning bridges.
16:58 Joubu mtompset: the problem is that the page is not up-to-date
16:59 Joubu and it is like it is one more page to maintain
17:01 mtompset I'll grant you that. Perhaps change the Koha_on_Ubuntu to a redirect, and put historical warning on the git page?
17:04 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
17:12 oleonard cait++
17:33 * LeeJ jumps for joy because all the 18.05 user features are documented
17:34 LeeJ *new features
17:34 mtompset So no one knows the default password for all the sample patrons?
17:34 mtompset I'm tempted to bug report it, just to change it to something known.
17:37 * oleonard puts on his hacker goggles and hacks the passwords
17:39 LeeJ can anyone confirm a bug for me on master before I report it?
17:39 LeeJ 1. Create API credentials/save them 2. Click search to hold from api credentials screen
17:39 LeeJ for me it doesn't click..
17:40 oleonard Confirmed
17:40 LeeJ oy veyu
17:41 LeeJ *vey
17:41 LeeJ just happened to stumble across it..reporting now
17:41 Joubu mtompset: I think there are no valid password defined
17:42 Joubu LeeJ: as well as "print" entries
17:42 LeeJ Joubu: oh dear. Has someone already reported it? Or should I include those in the bug report?
17:43 Joubu include it too, I guess the fix is similar
17:43 LeeJ okay
17:43 * oleonard has fixed it.
17:43 oleonard Now I just need a bug number :)
17:43 LeeJ one sec..
17:44 saiful joined #koha
17:44 Joubu members-menu.js is not included on
17:45 LeeJ Bug 20803
17:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20803 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Cannot search to hold or use print options from API keys interface
17:46 Joubu oleonard: I let you attach the patch ;)
17:46 LeeJ been quite a while since I submitted a bug so I was slow :P
17:46 LeeJ thanks everyone!
17:46 tuxayo Hi, does anyone know if there is a simpler way to trigger a restriction due to a late check in?
17:46 tuxayo 1. choose a borrower, branch, record
17:46 tuxayo 2. have a circ rule with a restriction that matches all the above
17:46 tuxayo 3. create an issue with due date in the past
17:47 tuxayo 4. check in the item
17:47 tuxayo (I'm not sure if the above is correct)
17:47 * LeeJ grumbles and goes back to enhancements documentation
17:48 cait oleonard++ :)
17:49 LeeJ cait: any thoughts on where I should place this info in the manual?[…]ocs-1805/task/129
17:50 Joubu "Patron's age is incorrect for their category. Ages allowed are 18-999."
17:52 Joubu oleonard: can you take care of something else?
17:52 Joubu "update child to adult patron" does not work either
17:52 LeeJ Joubu: pretty sure an award at the very least should be given out if one were to reach the ripe old age of 999
17:53 oleonard Joubu: Same fix
17:53 oleonard I thought maybe Joubu was going to ask me to invent a potion that would let us live to 999 years old.
17:54 Joubu oleonard: it's not the same fix, it happens on members/
17:55 oleonard I don't find that to be so Joubu
17:59 Joubu I do...
18:01 Joubu hum, that's weird. It's the only one to not work. Let's say it comes from my data..
18:04 * oleonard finds other "update child" bugs on other pages though
18:09 Joubu oleonard: let me know the bug #
18:10 kmlussier joined #koha
18:37 paul_p joined #koha
18:54 Joubu @later tell rangi splitter returns 502
18:54 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:24 LeeJ Joubu: trying to document Bug 11317 but I can't get the access_dir to work..? is there a specific spot in koha-conf it should be placed? I tried within <config> and also outside it
19:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11317 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, philippe.blouin, Pushed to Master , Add a way to access files from the intranet
19:39 Joubu LeeJ: take a look at etc/koha-conf.xml
19:39 Joubu 133  <access_dirs>
19:39 Joubu 134      <access_dir></access_dir>
19:39 Joubu 135      <access_dir></access_dir>
19:39 Joubu 136  </access_dirs>
19:43 LeeJ Joubu: will do! Thanks!
19:49 caroline Is it normal that I need ALL tools permissions to access the from the MARC framework? ([…]le-marc-records/)
19:49 cait joined #koha
20:05 Joubu caroline: you need tools => upload_general_files
20:06 caroline Joubu: thanks! I was working on an older version that doesn't have this permission
20:25 LeeJ 26 enhancements left to do tomorrow and the manual is caught up with features/enhancements :D
20:25 cait wow
20:25 caroline Go LeeJ!
20:25 cait you are heroes
20:25 Michael_ joined #koha
20:26 * LeeJ wipes sweat off brow
20:26 LeeJ planning to be 100% finished by the time I leave tomorrow
20:26 LeeJ then it's on to waiting for 18.11 after I take a few days off :)
20:27 sjenson joined #koha
20:28 rangi Joubu: back now?
20:29 agoforth joined #koha
20:29 rangi Joubu: doing the gitlab now
20:31 LeeJ rangi Joubu speaking of gitlab...I'm done for the night until tomorrow morning so you can do that export/import now if you wanted..
20:32 rangi Joubu: done
20:38 sjenson Greetings All. One of the volunteers was asking if we could set up our own library as one of the z39.50 servers to see if a book is already in the system before she tries to import another MARC record.
20:39 sjenson My attempts at looking up the information online are not working out, so I was wondering what search terms should I try
20:39 kellym left #koha
20:40 rangi sjenson: how do you mean look up? can't you just search in the cataloguing interface? or do they not add records from there?
20:40 rangi if you are importing marc records, you should use/set up some matching rules
20:41 rangi if you are cataloguing, you should search first, then import from z3950 if you dont find a match
20:41 sjenson Rangi, good point. I think she was trying to streamline the process
20:41 rangi however you can make your z3950 server publicly accessible if you want
20:42 rangi i think getting in the habit of going to cataloguing, searching, and if you find no results add it, would be faster than doing it via z3950 anyway imho
20:42 sjenson true
20:44 rangi (its mostly uncommented the public bit out of the koha-conf.xml and some firewall stuff to get it going, if you do want to go that route)
20:46 rangi sjenson: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]s_a_Z39.50_server  <-- should hopefully help
20:47 sjenson Thanks
20:49 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:52 LeeJ night all..see you in the morning
20:55 Francesca joined #koha
21:11 tcohen left #koha
21:29 tcohen joined #koha
21:29 tcohen are renewals allowed before expiry date?
21:30 cait hm?
21:30 cait you mean due date?
21:31 cait it depends on your circulation conditions
21:31 kathryn joined #koha
21:31 cait you can set how many days before due date there
21:31 cait like 'allow renewals from 3 days before due date'
21:36 Francesca joined #koha
21:41 Francesca joined #koha
21:54 * mtompset laughs.
21:54 mtompset[…]98241891459194887
21:55 caroline XD
21:58 mtompset Now that it is later and differently timezone'd people are here. Does anyone remember the default password for the sample patrons?
21:58 wizzyrea uh
21:59 wizzyrea afaik they don't have one
22:10 mtompset If they don't have one, then why is there a value set?
22:16 Francesca joined #koha
22:20 cait mtompset: is the value always the same? it could just be a leftover from the library that was used as a base maybe
22:20 mtompset cait, yes.
22:20 mtompset Which is why I was hoping someone would know the password.
22:21 mtompset I'm tempted to actually patch the password to a known value. :)
22:22 mtompset @later tell oleonard bug 20520 needs a rebase. Sorry for being slow on the draw.
22:22 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
22:22 bag just reset it on the fly - there probably isn’t a default password for all the patrons
22:26 Francesca joined #koha
22:29 mtompset bag -- if I reset_all, I was hoping for all the sample patrons to have a default password, because the hash is the same.
22:29 bag it = their password ;)  it != reset_all
22:31 mtompset I know, I was point out that one by one change is annoying, when they all have the same hash.
22:31 bag so change them all at the same time for your set - up - you can do that in ansible
22:36 Francesca joined #koha
22:43 cait joined #koha
22:53 mtompset bag -- or do a bugzilla so that someone knows the password. :P
23:03 wizzyrea mtompset: I think it's bad form to have that
23:03 wizzyrea what if someone imports the sample patrons into a server that then becomes production
23:04 wizzyrea and they don't remove them
23:04 wizzyrea then someone could potentially have a documented password for an account that maybe has superlibrarian?
23:04 wizzyrea I thinkw e should remove the hash altogether
23:04 wizzyrea especially since now we have the onboarder, and you'll always get a user with a login and privileges.
23:04 wizzyrea with a password you set.
23:05 wizzyrea sorry I really just don't think having a known password on those accounts is a good idea.
23:05 rangi i concur
23:05 wizzyrea another way to go about it would be to add to the onboarder the ability to, when the patrons are imported, specify the password to be used.
23:06 wizzyrea it would get you what you want (a test db with passwords you know) but avoid the "everyone knows this password" problem.
23:07 wizzyrea "I see you are importing sample patrons, set the password to use for these (TEST DATABASES ONLY)"
23:08 wizzyrea or in the case of devbox, make it a parameter for --reset-all
23:08 wizzyrea idc, just don't document the password.
23:46 mtompset make it a parameter for reset-all... I like that idea.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary