IRC log for #koha, 2018-05-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:24 Francesca joined #koha
00:41 mtompset Ah... misc4dev add a set_default_password script. That would do it. :)
01:36 wizzyrea thank you for considering my point of view on that :)
01:38 mtompset It's a valid problem... People do stupid things like install sample patrons on live systems.
01:39 mtompset a known password would be a security issue.
02:25 kathryn joined #koha
02:34 z0k joined #koha
02:50 mtompset Have a great day, #koha wizzyrea bag rangi
03:12 Francesca joined #koha
04:01 saiful joined #koha
04:54 cait joined #koha
05:24 drojf joined #koha
05:26 drojf hi #koha
05:42 cait joined #koha
05:42 calire joined #koha
05:49 z0k joined #koha
05:50 sophie_m left #koha
06:01 magnuse \o/
06:08 fridolin joined #koha
06:08 fridolin hi there
06:08 wahanui hello, fridolin
06:09 fridolin hello autobot, wats up ?
06:14 Guest3141 Project Koha_17.05_D8 build #100: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_17.05_D8/100/
06:14 Guest3141 * kyle: Bug 18725: Prevent process_message_queue to send duplicate emails if
06:14 Guest3141 * Bug 18725: (QA follow-up) Use make_column_dirty instead of status change
06:14 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 18725: Test return values of make_column_dirty
06:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18725 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , sends duplicate emails if message_queue is not writable
06:14 Guest3141 * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19030: Preserve link between order and subscription when editing an
06:14 Guest3141 * Nick Clemens: Bug 20687: Check all share keys for a given list
06:14 Guest3141 * Bug 20687: (follow-up) Look for invitekey in show_accept and fix error
06:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19030 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Stable , Link order <-> subscription is lost when an order is edited
06:14 Guest3141 * Bug 11943: Prevent double accepts in Koha::Virtualshelfshare
06:14 Guest3141 * Bug 11943: Add unit test for double accepts
06:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20687 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Stable , Multiple invitations to share lists prevents some users from accepting
06:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11943 normal, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Stable , Koha::Virtualshelfshare duplicates rows for the same list
06:15 alex_a joined #koha
06:16 alex_a bonjour
06:25 z0k joined #koha
06:33 reiveune joined #koha
06:33 reiveune hello
06:33 wahanui kia ora, reiveune
06:52 ashimema_ joined #koha
06:54 ashimema_ left #koha
06:56 paul_p joined #koha
06:57 cait joined #koha
06:58 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:03 cait good morning #koha
07:13 ashimema mornin' #koha
07:26 sophie_m joined #koha
07:27 sophie_m left #koha
07:27 sophie_m joined #koha
07:35 z0k joined #koha
08:22 dersmon joined #koha
08:38 severine_q joined #koha
08:40 severine_q good morning #koha :)
09:56 * kidclamp waves
10:11 reiveune joined #koha
10:17 paul_p joined #koha
10:17 laurence joined #koha
10:17 laurence left #koha
10:32 z0k joined #koha
11:30 paul_p joined #koha
11:38 oleonard joined #koha
11:38 oleonard Hi #koha
11:43 andreashm joined #koha
11:44 ncbaratta joined #koha
11:52 laurence1 joined #koha
12:02 sub-sailor joined #koha
12:03 sub-sailor Hello room — I was wondering if anyone has experience with the configuration of OAI-PMH??
12:03 misilot joined #koha
12:03 kivilahtio is not responding...
12:08 oleonard @seen bkriegel
12:08 huginn oleonard: I have not seen bkriegel.
12:10 oleonard @seen bgkriegel
12:10 huginn oleonard: I have not seen bgkriegel.
12:10 oleonard kivilahtio: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]
12:10 kmlussier joined #koha
12:13 kivilahtio thanks
12:14 tcohen morning
12:14 magnuse hiya tcohen
12:18 * andreashm waves
12:24 magnuse \o
12:30 paul_p joined #koha
12:34 sub-sailor joined #koha
12:55 oleonard I'd love to see this bug fix in the upcoming release if possible, so a signoff would be very welcome: Bug 20805
12:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20805 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Update child to adult patron process broken on several patron-related pages
12:56 LeeJ joined #koha
12:57 * LeeJ waves
12:57 LeeJ hi #koha
12:57 * cait waves at LeeJ
12:57 LeeJ morning cait
12:58 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:12 * ashimema goes in search of as_query
13:12 oleonard @later tell mtompset Bug 20520 rebased. Thanks for testing.
13:12 huginn oleonard: The operation succeeded.
13:14 oleonard @later tell oleonard_ So we meet again, my old nemesis!
13:14 huginn oleonard: The operation succeeded.
13:14 * LeeJ waves to ashimema and oleonard
13:16 LeeJ ashimema: how does this section look so far?[…]api-specification
13:16 * ashimema reads
13:18 ashimema is the BibLibre module still available and maintained anywhere.. if it is I would say we should link to it inline there.. if it doesn't we should remove reference to it in my opinion?
13:18 ashimema cait: thoughts?
13:18 wahanui thoughts are that this might help us fix a lot of extended-unicode bugs
13:19 LeeJ ashimema: to be honest, I modified the previously included API section from the 17.11 manual
13:20 LeeJ ashimema: so any suggestions/updates are VERY much welcomed :)
13:20 ashimema so is this link the current as it stands in master?  I could submit a pull request with some minor fixes if you like.. just want to make sure I'm basing work off the right branch ;)
13:20 ashimema generally it looks good
13:20 LeeJ ashimema: yes..what you see is current
13:21 LeeJ current/on master
13:21 LeeJ ashimema: by all means :)
13:23 ashimema this the central repo[…]vs-users/kohadocs
13:23 barton joined #koha
13:23 LeeJ ashimema: until Joubu exports/imports it into a new namespace of koha-manual yes
13:23 * ashimema thought he already had a fork of it.. but it appears not so is checking he's got the right one
13:24 ashimema okies
13:24 * LeeJ confirms ashimema has the correct repo link
13:33 severine_q joined #koha
13:34 tcohen next metting?
13:40 oleonard next_meeting?
13:40 LeeJ #endmeeting
13:40 oleonard meat netting?
14:03 ashimema here's the begginings of a minor re-organisation of that page LeeJ.. just gotta pop out to get kids from school but will work on it a little more this evening tidying up links etc..[…]ter...webservices
14:09 gaetan_B joined #koha
14:36 mtompset joined #koha
14:36 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
14:36 mtompset @seen oleonard
14:36 huginn mtompset: oleonard was last seen in #koha 55 minutes and 53 seconds ago: <oleonard> meat netting?
14:36 oleonard mtompset++
14:36 oleonard Thanks for testing
14:37 mtompset oleonard, no problem.
14:37 mtompset By the way, the qa test tools are looking for "Bug #####:" not hypen.
14:37 mtompset hyphen.
14:38 mtompset And I figured that was the reason you made them Template Toolkit comments. :)
14:38 mtompset BTW, don't you have a giant "text/javascript" bug somewhere?
14:38 mtompset I was noticing it had lots here.
14:39 oleonard I've been cleaning those up in other template patches
14:39 oleonard Bug 20672, Bug 20690
14:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20672 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Update two-column templates with Bootstrap grid: Acquisitions part 3
14:39 mtompset Let me know if you do one for moremember. There's quite a few on that one. :)
14:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20690 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Update two-column templates with Bootstrap grid: Acquisitions part 4
14:40 mtompset oleonard, is the / important in the HTML comment?
14:41 oleonard It's my made-up shortcut for "closes"
14:41 mtompset Right... just figured that out by the 4th file I was looking at. :)
14:41 oleonard Like in a closing tag </a>
14:42 mtompset So we're getting rid of yui stuffs?
14:43 calire left #koha
14:43 oleonard Yes
14:44 oleonard ...since about 2012 :(
14:44 paul_p joined #koha
14:44 mtompset Clean up is always slow, isn't it? :(
14:45 * oleonard has thirty cleanup patches ready to submit, but hesitates to send them all at once
14:46 mtompset Just thinking... like the TT comments in the ones I signed off. Why are these two bugs HTML comments? Wouldn't TT comments make more sense here too?
14:50 Joubu @later tell fridolin please join #koha_may_release
14:50 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:50 Joubu @later tell kidclamp please join #koha_may_release
14:50 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:51 Joubu @later tell drojf please join #koha_may_release
14:51 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:52 mtompset oleonard, I don't mind testing your patches. My difficulty is I don't always know the processes involved to trigger the changed code.
14:52 eythian @later tell Joubu please join #koha_may_never_release
14:52 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
14:52 oleonard mtompset: Test plans are supposed to tell you. If they don't, the make a comment and fail the patch
14:52 Joubu eythian: there is nobody there ;)
14:53 mtompset So, for example, the two acquisitions bugs you just linked... I'm not familiar with the process, and so I rather not test.
14:53 mtompset Though, I do eyeball it, and it looks good.
14:53 mtompset But that's not really good enough for a sign off.
14:59 kellym joined #koha
15:00 reiveune bye
15:00 reiveune left #koha
15:00 kidclamp I was there, I joined that one first
15:12 saiful joined #koha
15:29 severine_q cait : i'm testing bug 11911, access with the link "Manage suggestions" is correctly denied if I don't have permission, but I wondered if it shouldn't be hidden as the link on the side menu ?
15:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11911 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Needs Signoff , Purchase suggestions can be accessed by all staff members / no specific permission
15:32 fridolin left #koha
15:51 LeeJ thank you so much ashimema!!! It looks great!
15:54 TGoat joined #koha
16:04 cait 11911 - thx for testing! can you please comment which page etc? I'll take a look!
16:04 cait just leaving right now, so can't check
16:04 cait severine_q: ^
16:06 severine_q cait : i was doing it on bz ! bye
16:08 severine_q bye #Koha !
16:09 cait left #koha
16:13 mtompset LeeJ, I found another thing to not blame you for documentation-wise. ;)
16:13 LeeJ mtompset: hm?
16:14 mtompset And I'm serious, it isn't your fault. ILL Modules.
16:14 mtompset Lack of configuration details, as far as I can quickly skim.
16:14 LeeJ mtompset: there's more things than I care to count that need to be added/updated/modified/changed
16:14 mtompset And given they are plugins.... It's subject to a SEP field. :)
16:15 mtompset (Somebody Else's Problem)
16:15 LeeJ my goal for 18.11 is to clear up all the stuff like that
16:15 ashimema ILL Documentation is on my list already mtompset ;)
16:15 LeeJ ashimema++
16:15 LeeJ ashimema: <3 :D
16:15 ashimema that's actually the one where I was sure I'd already got a fork of the docs repo and a branch with the docs in it..
16:15 * LeeJ appreciates any help he can get
16:15 mtompset Because I had to fuddle my way through testing bug 20770
16:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20770 is not accessible.
16:15 mtompset Oh right... it's a security bug. :)
16:15 ashimema but alas I can't find it anywhere so I'm going to have to re-write them
16:16 ashimema well.. get our support team to re-write them ;)
16:17 LeeJ ashimema: I just added you to the docs taiga team[…]hadocs-1805/epics
16:17 ashimema ILL is on the move too.. hopefully it'll get allot of improvement at the beggning of 18.11 cycle.. we're working hard on polishing it.
16:17 ashimema :)
16:18 ashimema feel free to throw a record of my committing to doing the ILL docs in there ;)
16:18 mtompset That sign off should make Joubu happy. ;)
16:18 LeeJ ashimema: I have everything pretty well split up but if you have questions about where to put something/what status just let me know
16:18 ashimema though I won't be getting those done for at least a few weeks
16:18 mtompset See, I can focus on security and critical bugs too. :)
16:18 bag very awesome ashimema
16:18 * ashimema is out next week
16:19 bag I was thinking of seeing if we could contribute some RESTapi endpoints for the ILL stuffs
16:19 LeeJ ashimema: I'll mark the ILL section under the 18.11 epic
16:19 mtompset Any QA'rs want to look at bug 20770?
16:19 ashimema ooh.. hello bag.. long time no chatter
16:19 bag stuffs such a lovely word :P
16:19 mtompset Greetings, ashimema bag. :)
16:19 LeeJ ashimema: my gift to you[…]ocs-1805/task/451
16:20 ashimema er.. where should I put ILL as missing then LeeJ?
16:20 LeeJ ashimema: ^
16:20 ashimema oh.. brill
16:20 bag good to see you too ashimema and you should think about coming for KohaCon18 here in Portland ;)
16:20 LeeJ I try to keep one step ahead ;)
16:20 ashimema thakns
16:20 * ashimema somehow fell behind there
16:21 ashimema Haha.. you're the third person in 3 days to say that bag ;)
16:21 ashimema Just need to store up a few more brownie points with the other half ;)
16:21 LeeJ ashimema: anything new you want to add can go under 18.11...I'm freezing the 18.05 epic from anything new
16:21 bag :)
16:22 ashimema I'm not sure how viable API endpoints are for ILL right now.. I was thinking of converting it to using the plugin system for it's backends first.. then it might be easier to see how API's could be written for it..
16:22 * LeeJ knows he's getting old when gets really excited at the thought of going to a chiropractor appointment
16:22 ashimema each backend can have a very different flow and it's own set of custom templates
16:22 bag which would be very useful
16:22 ashimema it's very cgi right now in the way it plugs
16:22 bag that’s what we need
16:23 ashimema We have a nice Koha2Koha connecter in development at the minute.. we got a rather large consortium in Ireland who are using it right now.. I'll be releasing it as soon as I've managed to extract the done in a hurry hard coded config
16:24 bag that’s perfect
16:24 ashimema it's really nice.. uses the SRU server and ILS-DI api's to search remote Koha's and place items on hold for transfer to your ILL partner
16:24 bag let me know when that’s out ashimema I’ll get some peeps here to test it - Or I will
16:25 ashimema :)
16:26 sub-sailor joined #koha
16:27 LeeJ ashimema: considering the trend in PA of libraries rapidly migrating to Koha that would be useful..we have a state-wide ILL consortium where that would be VERY useful
16:29 ashimema it's very close.. but that last hurdle is proving interesting.. there's some nasty hard coding of config going on right now.. just need to find some time to get it pulled out into either a UI or at the very least a config file
16:30 LeeJ ashimema: that's always the hardest part I find
16:30 ashimema indeed
16:30 ashimema we'll get there
16:31 LeeJ ashimema: I've run into my fair share with my bookings plugin when I first started it
16:34 mtompset oleonard, could you add a stray /a fix to bug 20774?
16:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20774 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Trivial HTML error in
16:35 oleonard Where?
16:36 paul_p joined #koha
16:37 mtompset 266
16:37 mtompset well, in my output. :)
16:37 mtompset I posted a segment of the output to help find it.
16:42 LeeJ mtompset: your turn...I'm trying to figure out where to place/how to word Bug 20516 suggestions?
16:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20516 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Show patron's library in pending discharges table
16:42 LeeJ basically, what's a use case for the discharge feature?
16:44 mtompset Hmm....
16:44 LeeJ it seems almost like a 'removal'
16:45 Joubu LeeJ: bug 8007
16:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8007 new feature, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, CLOSED FIXED, Discharge management
16:45 Joubu there is also help/members/
16:46 LeeJ Joubu: OH!
16:46 mtompset LeeJ, I'm not sure what discharges are. I just know the code added a pretty column that makes sense to have. :)
16:47 mtompset I'm trying to avoid turning into a librarian, but sometimes it does seep into my brain.
16:47 * mtompset curses MARC21.
16:48 oleonard
16:48 LeeJ mtompset: if my plans don't change I'll be going for my MLIS after I finish my current double major :P
16:48 ashimema My memory is that it's a method the change to a different library in france
16:48 LeeJ ashimema: seems so
16:48 LeeJ thanks everyone
16:49 mtompset My understanding it is a way of confirming at the end of the semester the student has no more outstanding charges.
16:50 mtompset But then again, how each country does it may differ.
16:58 oleonard mtompset: Does that "Export selected items" link on the lost report work for you?
17:00 mtompset Didn't try. Just got that from the validator.
17:06 oleonard mtompset: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g.cgi?id=20774#c4
17:07 huginn Bug 20774: trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Trivial HTML error in
17:10 mtompset oleonard, finally figured out how to generate a CSV profile, and yes, the link worked. :)
17:10 mtompset Oh... let me see...
17:12 mtompset Ah, you are right about the /a being related to the export problem.
17:12 mtompset In fact, it also generated another weird html issue </<option>
17:12 mtompset Okay... I'll grant that, and sign off. :)
17:14 edveal joined #koha
17:16 saiful2 joined #koha
17:24 mtompset @seen Joubu
17:24 huginn mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 38 minutes and 38 seconds ago: <Joubu> there is also help/members/
17:25 mtompset @later tell Joubu I was looking bug 20692 and noticed the addition of q to the sed regexp. Is this to force sed to exit with meaningful exit codes?
17:25 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
17:27 oleonard mtompset: Rather than showing a disable link, I'm thinking we should do this:[…]?p=15270963209398
17:29 mtompset That would be prettier and informative.
17:31 cait joined #koha
17:36 Joubu mtompset: yes
17:37 mtompset So what was it doing before with the q's?
17:37 mtompset ^with^without^
17:47 mtompset Joubu, doesn't work. :(
17:47 Joubu mtompset: hum?
17:47 pastebot "mtompset" at pasted "the q is probably bad?" (4 lines) at
17:48 Joubu mtompset: it makes sed returns an error code if the replace did not work
17:49 mtompset Yes, it should. But it doesn't work.
17:50 Joubu mtompset: sed --version?
17:50 mtompset Let me check.
17:50 mtompset 4.4
17:50 mtompset Stretch's 4.4-1
17:51 Joubu I have 4.2.2
17:51 Joubu with, in the man:        q [exit-code]
17:52 mtompset Man page says the same.
17:53 Joubu hum, let me check
17:55 Joubu mtompset: it's ok
17:55 Joubu mtompset:
17:56 mtompset running on debian?
17:56 Joubu hum nope... sorry, tired :)
17:56 mtompset BTw, that is the same ERROR I am seeing.
17:57 Joubu yes
18:00 pastebot "mtompset" at pasted "Clearer testing" (13 lines) at
18:00 mtompset Adding the q should give the same result, should it not?
18:02 Joubu no
18:02 Joubu only if the substitution did not work
18:03 Joubu in your example it would have worked without the syntax issue
18:03 mtompset should have... yes.
18:03 mtompset but it doesn't.
18:04 Joubu mtompset: ok, I have it, I will resubmit
18:05 Joubu I remembered it took me while to find the trick
18:05 Joubu and it seems I have wrongly copied/pasted the correct solution
18:06 mtompset tell me when it's up. :)
18:06 Joubu it's ';q1'
18:06 Joubu not ':q'
18:07 Joubu nope, still wrong
18:07 mtompset q1 didn't work either. :)
18:08 Joubu it's ':;q1'
18:08 Joubu easy...
18:08 Joubu mtompset: new version attached, can you give it a try?
18:09 mtompset Aaaa... ;q1 forces a 1 exit-code. Nice.
18:10 mtompset It is always that code, however.
18:10 Joubu refresh
18:10 mtompset I'm doing it via my chicken example.
18:11 mtompset I'm always getting the same exit code.
18:12 Joubu indeed...
18:13 mtompset Hmmm... can you ;q\1?
18:15 mtompset Hmm.... exit code of a grep?
18:15 mtompset export FOO=<grep mess>
18:16 mtompset Then the sed mess with q$FOO
18:16 mtompset less elegant, but workable, I think
18:16 oleonard Bug 20807
18:16 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20807 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Lost items report: Improve the display of CSV profile errors
18:18 mtompset oleonard, do the check boxed currently limit for the buttons?
18:18 mtompset If so, your patch isn't right.
18:18 mtompset I'll check...
18:19 oleonard I don't understand your question
18:21 mtompset the excel, csv buttons in that button row...
18:21 mtompset do they limit based on checks.
18:21 mtompset and no they don't.
18:21 mtompset So your patch change makes sense.
18:23 sub-sailor joined #koha
18:23 Joubu mtompset: no idea :-/ It seems that my tests were wrong
18:28 mtompset Joubu, well at least you have feedback on the bug. :)
18:28 mtompset oleonard, nice. :)
18:28 LeeJ well I'm out! night all!
18:34 mtompset oleonard, thanks for the nice sign offs. :)
18:35 mtompset Woo hoo! 101!
18:37 oleonard mtompset: Bug 20805 could use attention if you're still looking for work
18:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20805 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Update child to adult patron process broken on several patron-related pages
18:37 oleonard ^^ Joubu that's the bug we talked about yesterday afternoon
18:38 mtompset Unfortunately, it's complicated testing.
18:38 mtompset And I have <30 minutes, before I need to be doing something else.
18:41 Joubu oleonard: ok not trivial, it will wait for .01 :)
18:41 Joubu thanks!
18:42 Joubu oleonard: should not the JS vars be moved to
18:43 Joubu mtompset: please fail 20692
18:43 oleonard I suppose they could. I was trying to avoid embedding <script> in the body of pages, but for simple variable setting it wouldn't cause trouble.
19:04 oleonard Bye all. I doubt I'll make it to the meeting but I'll try
19:11 greenjimll joined #koha
19:26 alex_a joined #koha
19:49 cait meeting in 10?
19:49 cait i'll try to be back on time
19:59 cait joined #koha
20:00 greenjimll Evening all.
20:00 cait back
20:01 LeeJ joined #koha
20:01 * LeeJ waves
20:02 LeeJ hiya
20:02 greenjimll Hello
20:02 wahanui hey, greenjimll
20:03 greenjimll Meeting starting soon?
20:03 cait was looking for kidclamp in hope he would chari it
20:03 cait 2 moe mins
20:03 LeeJ cait: okay :)
20:03 LeeJ speaking of
20:04 cait kidclamp: chair? :)
20:04 kidclamp oh, yeah, gimme a sec
20:04 kidclamp #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 23 May 2018
20:04 huginn Meeting started Wed May 23 20:04:57 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
20:04 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:04 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 May 2018)
20:04 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_23_may_2018'
20:05 kidclamp #topic INtroductions
20:05 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
20:05 Topic for #koha is now INtroductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 May 2018)
20:05 greenjimll #info Jon Knight, Loughborough University
20:05 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
20:05 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
20:05 LeeJ #info Lee Jamison, Marywood University
20:06 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:06 bag is this kidclamp_Awya east coast language?
20:06 kidclamp aw yeah boi!
20:06 LeeJ bag: hey picking on east coasters :P
20:07 * bag is an east coaster :D
20:07 kidclamp #topic Announcements
20:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 May 2018)
20:07 kidclamp anybody?
20:07 wahanui The #koha IRC channel is populated by people from many timezones, sometimes even on weekends. However, if no one is here right now and you need help you should take a look at
20:07 kidclamp wahanui: botsnack
20:07 wahanui thanks kidclamp :)
20:07 LeeJ documentation for 18.05 will be completed by the weekend :)
20:08 kidclamp #info documentation for 18.05 will be completed by the weekend :)
20:08 greenjimll I've been doing a spot of background bug wrangling by looking at "old" (> 5 year old) bugs
20:08 kidclamp greenjimll++
20:08 LeeJ greenjimll++
20:09 greenjimll Some of the old bugs are duplicates, some need nudging and others could probably be subsumed into more modern developments. A long term task!
20:09 cait LeeJ++
20:09 cait greenjimll++
20:09 kidclamp #info greenjimll (and a few others) have been cleanign up old bugs - thanks to all!
20:10 kidclamp #topic Update from the Release manager (18.05, 18.11)
20:10 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (18.05, 18.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 May 2018)
20:10 cait I've been working on permission bugs
20:10 cait too late heh :)
20:10 kidclamp you gotta be quick!
20:10 cait go on :)
20:10 kidclamp heh, go ahead if more notes though
20:11 kidclamp No Joubu - he is awaiting stable releases with sec patches before release - they should be set tomorrow
20:11 cait not really :)
20:11 LeeJ Joubu++
20:11 kidclamp #info Release is awaiting stable releases
20:11 kidclamp #info Stable releases had an issue with a security patch, should be cleared now and releases coming shortly
20:12 kathryn joined #koha
20:12 kidclamp #info Future RM looks forward to making all your Koha dreams come true, let kidclamp know your concerns for this release if you have them
20:12 kidclamp I get to wear lots of hats today!
20:12 LeeJ kidclamp++
20:12 kidclamp #topic Updates from the QA team
20:12 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 May 2018)
20:12 kidclamp cait?
20:12 wahanui i heard cait was the best friend you could ever have.
20:13 kidclamp wanahanui: botsnack pizza!
20:13 cait ah oops
20:13 cait QA has been a little slow right before the release
20:13 cait but we will pick up again soon :)
20:14 kidclamp #info QA is gearing up to pass all the bugs, clean your queues now!
20:14 cait yesterday it was 70 in the queue, today is 83... so yep we will have to
20:14 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
20:14 cait QA team is also 2 more members
20:14 wahanui okay, cait.
20:14 cait so I hope we can empty the queue out ;)
20:15 greenjimll cait: and then we'll fill it up with new patches. :-)
20:15 cait i'll call that a challenge :)
20:15 kidclamp #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
20:15 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 May 2018)
20:16 kidclamp bug 2619
20:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2619 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Turning on XSLTResultsDisplay preference turns off item detail display
20:16 cait that turned up in my old bug clean-up
20:16 cait i was wondering if we could deprecate the feature as it was never implemented for XSLt
20:16 cait and we are trying to get rid of the non-xslt (deprecated them quite a while ago)
20:17 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]plates_deprecated
20:18 kidclamp ~4 years of waiting? I think we can remove this
20:18 kidclamp any dissent?
20:18 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
20:18 kidclamp or discussion?
20:18 wahanui i guess discussion is always constructive :)
20:18 cait hm
20:18 LeeJ kidclamp: let's trim the fat!
20:18 ashimema Haha.. deprecate all the things
20:18 tcohen Joubu already wrote the patches, for sure
20:19 tcohen its been deprecated for several years
20:19 greenjimll If its been deprecated for years already, nuke it from high orbit.
20:19 tcohen I'm sure someone is still using it, on an unsupported OS
20:20 LeeJ tcohen: let's not forget most likely an unsupported Koha version too
20:20 kidclamp push for this release and send out a note on the mailing lists and make sure it gets in release notes?
20:20 cait hm not sure reading again if i read the bug correctly
20:20 cait i will recheck and move it forward accordingly
20:21 cait it actually seem to do something with xslt... but not work right?
20:21 LeeJ kidclamp: speaking of release notes...the docs team would greatly appreciate release notes on new features/enhancements..just a friendly reminder :)
20:21 cait the actual issue is with OPACItemsResultsDisplay i tihnk
20:22 cait but no big push against, so let's move forward with working towards no-xslt removal :)
20:23 greenjimll If we get rid of the non-xslt output, there won't be anything to compare the output against so bug 2619 will disappear. :-)
20:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2619 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Turning on XSLTResultsDisplay preference turns off item detail display
20:23 kidclamp heh
20:23 cait greenjimll: +1 heh
20:23 kidclamp moving on?
20:23 cait yep
20:24 kidclamp #topic API: account lines RFC, possible vote.
20:24 Topic for #koha is now API: account lines RFC, possible vote. (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 May 2018)
20:24 kidclamp tcohen,
20:24 wahanui i guess tcohen, is there a bz where i can send a patch or should I create a new one ?
20:25 tcohen I just wanted to hear opinions on that RFC
20:25 kidclamp wahanui tcohen is that guy with the great hair
20:25 wahanui ...but tcohen is obsessed with packages' scripts|122|obsessed with automated testing :)|king of the lab...
20:25 kidclamp wahanui tcohen is also that guy with the great hair
20:25 wahanui okay, kidclamp.
20:25 cait tcohen++ for moving on with REST API
20:25 * ashimema feels bad he's not read the RFC yet
20:25 cait i made a small comment below and a small correction with on eof the db fields
20:25 tcohen I've basically worked with bug 15165 as a basis
20:25 LeeJ RFC link?
20:25 cait but have to think about it properly still
20:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15165 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, In Discussion , REST API routes to list, edit and pay borrower's accountlines
20:25 tcohen trying to make it REST-ish
20:26 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ines_endpoint_RFC Accounts API proposal
20:26 LeeJ thanks kidclamp
20:26 tcohen i'm missing to add the object definitions for
20:26 tcohen the /credits and /debits endpoints
20:26 cait are there 2 or just both linked to the same page?
20:27 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]iki/REST_api_RFCs
20:27 tcohen which will of course resemble the /account/lines endpoint objects
20:27 tcohen he
20:27 tcohen there's only one page
20:27 cait there is also /acount and account/lines
20:27 cait in the table
20:27 tcohen all point to the same place
20:27 tcohen I wanted to put it all together for context
20:28 tcohen so
20:28 tcohen there's a discussion I proposed on the RFC
20:28 tcohen because we *could* prefer to have
20:28 ashimema At first glance looks solid to me.. will have a more in depth read tomorrow when I'm more awake
20:29 tcohen - …/payments and …/writeoffs
20:29 tcohen - …/fees and …/fines
20:29 tcohen I picked debits and credits to avoid constraining it
20:29 kidclamp is a writeoff not a void?
20:29 tcohen i.e. /credits implies some credit_type => 'payment' needed
20:30 tcohen a writeoff is a writeoff
20:30 tcohen he
20:30 cait kidclamp: i tihnk void is a mistake, writeoff is forgiving
20:30 tcohen as I understand it, you are right
20:30 kidclamp ah so /credits type=>writeoff
20:30 tcohen but Koha stores it as a credit, yes
20:30 cait i think the intention is different
20:30 kidclamp kk, too much sun today
20:30 greenjimll I've been thinking about some of the GDPR stuff (bug 20028 for example) and this REST API may be useful for grabbing patron account information for that.
20:30 tcohen void is DELETE /account/lines/{account_line_id}
20:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20028 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Export all patron related personal data in one package
20:31 kidclamp admittedly, I don't like to delete anything, too many questions :-) but the logs should cover that case
20:31 cait having rest apis for everything would make it much easier to do the 'download all data you have stored about me' button
20:31 tcohen the DELETE action doesn't delete anything actually
20:31 greenjimll cait++
20:31 tcohen it calls $accountline->void which sets everything to zero and stamps a 'VOID' type in some places
20:32 tcohen then GET /account/lines won't show them by default
20:32 cait i tihnk a writeoff is: we don't take the money, but it was a real fine and it's counted as such
20:32 tcohen as they didn't exist
20:32 cait while voiding would be used to correct a mistake
20:32 tcohen writeoff is forgiving
20:32 tcohen making void is cancelling a credit (payment)
20:33 cait i think you will be able to void a writeoff too?
20:33 greenjimll So a writeoff is a 100% discount on a fine?
20:33 kidclamp didn't mean to derail
20:33 cait ok, it's complicated
20:33 tcohen cait: yes
20:33 tcohen greenjimll: in the code, yes
20:33 tcohen so
20:33 ashimema All sounds sensible to me
20:33 tcohen please comment on the wiki about the /debits /credits discussion
20:34 kidclamp so no vote today?
20:34 tcohen I will finish the object definitions during the week, to schedule a vote for next meeting
20:34 kidclamp #info please follow the link and read and comment on the rfc
20:34 tcohen no need to, I am already working on this anywya hhe
20:34 kidclamp do we want to vote for next meeting?
20:35 tcohen next friday so I have my RFC voted
20:35 tcohen #keeding
20:35 cait +1
20:35 LeeJ +1
20:36 greenjimll +1
20:36 ashimema +1
20:36 kidclamp +1
20:36 kidclamp okay, work ahead and add to next meeting tomas
20:37 kidclamp #topic Review of coding guidelines
20:37 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 May 2018)
20:37 kidclamp Anything here?
20:37 cait not from me
20:37 LeeJ nor me
20:38 kidclamp #topic Set time of next meeting
20:38 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 May 2018)
20:38 kidclamp 2 weeks?
20:38 wahanui i guess 2 weeks is not good nor bad, but thinking makes it so.
20:38 kidclamp would be same day as general
20:38 cait yep
20:39 kidclamp June 13th - 14 UTC?
20:39 LeeJ either day is good for me
20:39 LeeJ whoops
20:39 cait library conf here
20:39 LeeJ read it wrong
20:39 LeeJ that works for me
20:39 * kidclamp prefers less meetings per day
20:39 cait but i will leave notes on the wiki if necessary
20:39 kidclamp cait++
20:39 kidclamp going once...twice...
20:40 LeeJ sold! *slams gavel*
20:40 greenjimll tcohen: For GET /account/lines (and maybe other endpoints) is there a way of limiting the responses to a date range?
20:40 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 13 June 2018, 14 UTC
20:40 kidclamp #endmeeting
20:40 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:40 huginn Meeting ended Wed May 23 20:40:30 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:40 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-23-20.04.html
20:40 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-05-23-20.04.txt
20:40 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]23-20.04.log.html
20:40 kidclamp thanks friends!
20:40 LeeJ kidclamp++
20:40 greenjimll Good meeting folks!
20:40 cait kidclamp++
20:41 kidclamp LeeJ++
20:41 kidclamp LeeJ++
20:41 kidclamp LeeJ++
20:41 kidclamp LeeJ++
20:41 kidclamp LeeJ++
20:41 kidclamp LeeJ++
20:41 kidclamp LeeJ++
20:41 LeeJ :D
20:41 kidclamp cause I don't say it enough
20:41 LeeJ kidclamp: awh shucks
20:41 tcohen greenjimll: there should certainly be that option!
20:42 greenjimll tcohen: It struck me that on a large, busy site /account/lines will potentially pull back thousands of records. ;-)
20:42 LeeJ kidclamp: FYI..just added you to the kohadocs taiga
20:42 LeeJ kidclamp: so you can keep track of the progress..and add in any info you'd like :)
20:42 kidclamp cool
20:44 tcohen greenjimll: if you have any suggestion please put it on the wiki
20:44 tcohen my feeling is that we should be paginating the results by default anyway
20:44 LeeJ well I'm heading out to spend time with my niece
20:44 LeeJ take care all
20:50 greenjimll tcohen: OK, I've just added a suggestion for startDate and endDate parameters to the wiki.  Probably in the wrong place so feel free to shift it!
20:56 kidclamp have a good night koha
21:40 CrispyBran joined #koha
22:22 CrispyBran joined #koha
23:02 Dyrcona joined #koha
23:46 alexbuckley joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary