IRC log for #koha, 2018-05-15

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 edveal joined #koha
00:49 edveal joined #koha
00:59 mtompset tcohen, I had to add headless, tzdata-java and tzdata of a particular version with a --forced-yes, in order to get it to build.
02:19 edveal joined #koha
02:25 mtompset @seen cait
02:25 huginn mtompset: cait was last seen in #koha 3 days, 5 hours, 1 minute, and 11 seconds ago: <cait> usually they go fast :)
02:26 mtompset @seen Joubu
02:26 huginn mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 4 hours, 58 minutes, and 25 seconds ago: <Joubu> @later tell fridolin I think you should revert 20234 from 17.05.x
02:27 mtompset Valid call there.
02:47 tcohen joined #koha
02:52 mtompset @later tell cait bug 20706 has a tiny issue, which if you fixed, I would be able to get around to signing off. Thank you.
02:52 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
03:10 mtompset @seen wizzyrea
03:10 huginn mtompset: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 1 week, 0 days, 5 hours, 7 minutes, and 55 seconds ago: <wizzyrea> they should definitely be on their way to bed :P
03:11 wizzyrea hi, sup
03:11 mtompset bug 20706
03:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20706 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Needs Signoff , Fix links to help files for changed file structure (removed numbering on files)
03:11 mtompset I just added a patch and a test.
03:11 mtompset I figured you might like to sign something off for cait. :)
03:13 mtompset Not to mention release 18.05 candidate, and it is kind of necessary to fix the help files, at least in English. :)
03:16 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), #koha wizzyrea
03:16 wizzyrea right
03:16 wizzyrea later
04:23 irma__ joined #koha
04:25 MorbidAngel joined #koha
04:54 saiful joined #koha
05:46 calire joined #koha
05:56 magnuse \o/
06:26 alex_a joined #koha
06:27 alex_a bonjour
06:27 wahanui hi, alex_a
06:30 ashimema_ joined #koha
06:35 reiveune joined #koha
06:35 reiveune hello
06:40 AndrewIsh joined #koha
06:51 paul_p joined #koha
06:58 wilfrid joined #koha
07:19 tuxayo Hola Koha!
07:20 tuxayo I'm happy because my PC doesn't crash anymore when starting a virtual machine. Which means I can use a devbox again!!!
07:20 z0k joined #koha
07:22 sophie_m joined #koha
07:35 greenjimll joined #koha
07:43 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:43 gaetan_B hello
07:46 sameee joined #koha
07:46 z0k joined #koha
07:49 alexbuckley joined #koha
08:19 saiful2 joined #koha
08:35 andreashm joined #koha
08:35 andreashm morning
08:50 cait joined #koha
08:50 cait good morning #koha
09:03 tuxayo "All tests successful."
09:03 tuxayo Hello again KohaDevBox, it's been a long time! :D
09:08 * cait waves at tuxayo
09:08 tuxayo o/ cait
09:08 cait hm coming back after a few days... we still miss a 18.05 release maint? :(
09:13 tuxayo cait: it seems so. I've heard nothing new since the meeting. And a quick search in the IRC logs didn't allowed to find more info. (←terrible phrasing...)
09:19 cait hm yeah, i hope someone turns up before the election meeting
09:19 cait tomorrow?
09:19 wahanui tomorrow is pizza friday! or the day after today.
09:22 tuxayo cait: yes https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]6_May_2018#Agenda
09:24 cait hm
09:24 cait i am going to send a meeting reminder
09:28 andreashm cait: always a good idea with a reminder!
09:29 cait there is also the calendar thing, but can point out we are still missing some important roles
09:30 cait just started raining heavily, wow
09:32 tuxayo cait: If there are people that could turn up for 18.05 RMaint, they might think that it's probable that ashimema_  is interested so they might not turn up.
09:32 cait ashimema ping?
09:33 tuxayo Even worse, they might not be here at the meeting so we might never hear about potential candidates.
09:34 cait i thin it's high time to put your name down if you want to do it
09:35 andreashm cait: calendar thing?
09:35 cait Joubu made something that will add the dates to your calendar
09:36 cait calendar link on top:
09:38 andreashm cait: oh, thanks!
09:40 saiful joined #koha
09:56 * kidclamp waves
09:57 * ere waves back
09:58 cait hi kidclamp and ere
09:58 ere hi cait!
09:59 fridolin joined #koha
09:59 fridolin left #koha
10:16 ashimema Hi cait
10:18 drojf joined #koha
10:18 ashimema did you get my PM's cait?
10:37 cait only one :)
10:37 cait hi drojf :)
10:38 cait ashimema only one?
10:38 cait from ashimema_
10:44 ashimema boo.. so riot/matrix isn't forwarding pm's properly
10:51 irma_ joined #koha
11:22 ashimema_ left #koha
11:23 ashimema doppelgänger be gone.
11:24 cait way less confusing :)
11:25 * ashimema still needs two irc clients as matrix doesn't yet have bridges to all his channels :(
11:27 * cait is still happily using pidgin
11:29 drojf ashimema: run your own matrix server
11:29 ashimema not got around to working that out yet.
11:29 magnuse AndrewIsh++
11:29 ashimema very tempted though.. are you on matrix then drojf?
11:30 AndrewIsh magnuse:  Glad you approve! ;-)
11:30 * eythian just uses quassel
11:30 magnuse i have not looked at the updated patch for bug 20750 yet, but a quick turnaround is good :-)
11:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20750 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Needs Signoff , Allow timestamped auditing of ILL request events
11:31 magnuse and those patches are saving me some work ;-)
11:32 ashimema AndrewIsh is on an ILL sprint for a few more days yet ;)
11:32 AndrewIsh magnuse:  +1
11:32 oleonard Hi all
11:32 drojf ashimema: i played with it a bit and set up a server. i had a bridge here too, not sure if it is still there actually. but riot did not cope with the amount of messages or something when i left the matrix account in here. have not tired in a while
11:33 drojf *tried
11:33 oleonard Hi drojf, long time no see
11:33 drojf hi oleonard :)
11:33 eythian also, long time no sea: (|-<<<<<-<
11:33 drojf true!
11:35 oleonard Someone captured your sealskin and you've had to live as a human on dry land ever since?
11:37 eythian You get my pain!
11:50 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:00 cait next meetings?
12:00 wahanui well, next meetings is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
12:03 * LeeJ waves
12:03 LeeJ hi #koha
12:03 * LeeJ LeeJ uses AdiIRC
12:07 cait Joubu: around?
12:09 cait @later tell Joubu can the calendar for the meetings be used without using Google calendar?
12:09 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
12:11 ncbaratta joined #koha
12:16 cait @later tell Joubu I think I ofund a way to use it, th
12:16 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
12:26 kmlussier joined #koha
12:30 ashimema It's just ical isn't it cait
12:31 magnuse AndrewIsh: looks like the new patch on bug 20750 touches Koha/Schema/Result/ - is that by design?
12:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20750 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Needs Signoff , Allow timestamped auditing of ILL request events
12:43 LeeJ cait:[…]merica%2FNew_York
12:44 LeeJ well that sets it for my time zone but I'm sure it can be adjusted :) that's the public cal link
12:46 alex_a Joubu, do you fail QA bug 20588 ?
12:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20588 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Signed Off , Elasticsearch - Apply dataTable on search fields and mapping tables
12:46 LeeJ I think if you remove the CTZ param it would probably convert to local TZ
12:49 LeeJ cait: did the feature and/or string freeze happen yet? If not do we know when it will?
12:51 oleonard String freeze was May 4 according to the calendar
12:54 LeeJ oleonard: thanks! I didn't realize the freezes were listed there
12:55 Joubu hi #koha
12:55 oleonard I don't know if Joubu fudged any of those dates, but we're definitely past all of them :)
12:55 * LeeJ waves to Joubu
12:55 LeeJ speak of the devil :)
12:57 LeeJ Joubu: just to confirm..everything (excluding bugfixes) listed in the release notes is all that will be in 18.05 yes?
12:57 LeeJ *everything up to the May 9th commit
12:57 Joubu yes, since 2 weeks already ;)
12:58 LeeJ sorry, last week was final exams week :)
12:58 Joubu alex_a: it looks like this view needs a complete refresh. The different enhancements you want to add make it less ergonomic in my opinion
12:59 Joubu "
12:59 Joubu I do not remember if this is used"
12:59 oleonard The last time I looked at the elasticsearch configuration page the drag-and-drop reordering wasn't working. Joubu have you looked at it recently?
12:59 Joubu so I think I did not PQA because I did not have time to confirm that
13:00 Joubu oleonard: yes it does work
13:01 Joubu for the mappings, not the field list
13:03 alex_a The question is: Do we need drag N drop on this table?
13:03 alex_a I would say no
13:03 andrew joined #koha
13:03 alex_a 1) it's not saved
13:03 cait i guess the question is if the sequence matters
13:03 alex_a 2) In ES fields/index order is not taken into account
13:03 oleonard I thought the point was for it to be saved. Why have it if it isn't saved?
13:04 cait hm that seems odd
13:04 gaetan_B i think it's inherited from some old work on solr
13:04 gaetan_B but not required for elastic
13:04 cait i am not sure if we reused any of that old work
13:04 LeeJ @later tell caroline I added a new status for tasks of "Needs screenshots" so we can at least get the content into master then have indication of which ones we need images for
13:04 huginn LeeJ: The operation succeeded.
13:04 oleonard alex_a: If those points are true then you're right, it's not needed.
13:04 cait but yeah, question is why is it there in the first place
13:04 LeeJ @later tell davidnind I added a new status for tasks of "Needs screenshots" so we can at least get the content into master then have indication of which ones we need images for
13:04 huginn LeeJ: The operation succeeded.
13:05 kivilahtio_ joined #koha
13:05 gaetan_B well kidclamp told me "drag and drop was implemented I think because SOLR cared which mapping was first and would sort on that - ES won't - if you give it an array if will sort however it wants" when we discussed it
13:06 kidclamp that sounds like something I would say
13:06 gaetan_B we (alex_a, clrh and i)also think this is were this came from
13:06 cait ah alright
13:06 gaetan_B but no one is sure
13:06 oleonard That's so kidclamp
13:06 cait as just thinking because we had already removed the old code when the new was started
13:06 Joubu alex_a: I am focussed on 18.05 release, sorry I do not have time for that now
13:07 Joubu btw
13:07 Joubu bug 20693
13:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20693 blocker, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Signed Off , Plack fails, because 'libcgi-emulate-psgi-perl' package is not installed
13:07 Joubu bug 20706
13:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20706 critical, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Needs Signoff , Fix links to help files for changed file structure (removed numbering on files)
13:07 Joubu bug 20724
13:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20724 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , ReservesNeedReturns syspref breaks "Holds awaiting pickup"
13:07 oleonard I've been waiting to submit some patches for that template pending understanding of the sorting issue
13:07 Joubu bug 20437
13:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20437 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Passed QA , Force requirement for HTTP::OAI 3.27
13:07 Joubu can be considered as blocker for 18.05
13:08 Joubu bug 20706
13:08 cait bug 20706
13:08 cait hm
13:09 lari joined #koha
13:09 oleonard huginn just mentioned it above, trying not to spam us
13:09 huginn oleonard: downloading the Perl source
13:09 oleonard huginn not everything is about you
13:09 huginn oleonard: I've exhausted my database of quotes
13:09 cait Joubu: was going to ask about 20177
13:09 cait bug 20177
13:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20177 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Remove GROUP BY clause in GetCourses
13:10 cait was going to do some regression testing in order to be able to pass it, is it on the list still?
13:10 Joubu cait: too late, but that really a shame because we will not have bug 20521...
13:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20521 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, BLOCKED , dev installations should run with problematic SQL modes
13:10 cait too late = too complicated?
13:10 cait yeah...
13:10 Joubu and so no regression tests on sql modes done by jenkins
13:11 cait :(
13:11 Joubu Joubu added keyword RM_priority on 2018-04-04...
13:11 cait i know
13:11 cait it's been in my emails to qa team for a while too
13:11 cait it seems a small change
13:13 Joubu gaetan_B: sort could also be used for priority, for faceted fields for instance
13:13 oleonard y
13:15 oleonard ^^ That was misplaced focus, not agreement. Though Joubu presumably knows what he's talking about
13:21 LeeJ Joubu: I'm sending out an email to the lists about a documentation sprint from today until release. Should I indicate the cutoff for documentation as the 21st or the 22nd?
13:27 cait why do we need a cutoff?
13:28 LeeJ cait: it could just be an instance of my ignorance but it was my understanding the day of version release there was a "final" version of a release's PDF documentation then beyond that would be for master for the next release
13:28 LeeJ cait: correct me if I'm wrong :)
13:29 cait hm i think that depends on the docs team
13:29 LeeJ ah didn't know that
13:29 cait as a lot of 18.05 might still be missing you could branch out a little later i tihnk
13:30 cait i am not sure what would need to be changed for the jobs running
13:30 LeeJ thanks :) I'll consult with rangi next time I see him on and get his take on it
13:30 cait sounds good
13:31 LeeJ cait: loving the docs structure rework by the way :)
13:31 cait oh thx :)
13:31 LeeJ soooo much easier to handle
13:31 cait feels not quite done yet... but getting there
13:32 LeeJ progress is progress :)
13:33 Joubu the manual is online, so we can update it when we want, no need to stop when it's released :)
13:35 LeeJ okay thanks for the confirmation Joubu I just wasn't sure because the docs page on the site has links to each version's PDF..didn't know but now I do :)
13:36 cait hm i think they are not autogenerated yet
13:37 AndrewIsh magnuse:  Well spotted on me mistakenly touching Koha/Schema/Result/ - now fixed :)
13:37 AndrewIsh magnuse:  Thanks for the pointer :)
13:39 ashimema Are the docs versioned?
13:40 ashimema I can't remember
13:40 ashimema yeah they are..
13:40 ashimema so branching an 18.05 and continueing work on it sounds like the way to go to me..
13:41 ashimema the docs in master should reflect the work being pushed to master in my opinion
13:41 LeeJ wait a then if something needed to be added retroactively then that should still be fine I'd think?
13:41 cait we are not there yet i think
13:41 cait time wise
13:41 cait i'd probably branch out when the first 18.11 patch comes in
13:42 LeeJ cait: I like that idea :)
13:42 cait there is still a lot for 18.05 to document
13:42 * LeeJ groans
13:42 LeeJ don't I know it lol
13:42 cait i know
13:42 LeeJ working on it allllll day
13:42 cait i have to translate now :(
13:42 cait will see how far ig et today in my todo list
13:42 ashimema yup
13:42 LeeJ cait: Viel Glück :)
13:43 kellym joined #koha
13:44 cait thx :)
13:44 cait stuff like this: %s %sPayment, thanks %sPayment, thanks (cash via SIP2) %sPayment, thanks  (VISA via SIP2) %sPayment, thanks (credit card via SIP2) %sNew card  %sFine %sAccount management fee %sSundry %sLost item %sWriteoff  %sAccruing fine %sHold waiting too long %sRental fee %sForgiven %sLost  item fee refund %sProcessing fee %sPayment %sWriteoff %sCredit %sCredit  %s%s %s %s, %s%s %s, %s%s %s(%s)%s␠
13:44 cait no fun
13:44 LeeJ :O
13:45 * LeeJ backs away from translation very slowly
13:45 edveal joined #koha
13:45 AndrewIsh Hey all. Can someone advise me on schema changes. Should the patch be marked with "DO NOT APPLY" or similar? I gather that used to be the way it was done, but I'm not seeing anything on the Database Updates wiki page, so am not sure
13:46 cait I think 'do not push' maybe
13:47 cait because applying for the testers is fine
13:48 LeeJ cait: side note..breaking up those chapters really made a difference when looking for something specific in the HTML copy
13:49 Joubu cait: yes it's hard to catch on QA, we should think about a way to find them before push
13:50 Joubu (translations)
13:51 AndrewIsh OK, thanks cait
13:53 cait Joubu: actually it's not all bad
13:53 cait it means I have some kind of context there and know that they will work together
13:53 cait just the word fine somewhere would be harder
13:53 cait still not ideal
13:56 tcohen hi
13:56 wahanui bidet, tcohen
14:00 kellym_ joined #koha
14:11 cait OAuth2 client credentials grant
14:11 * cait cries a little trying to phrase that in German
14:14 LeeJ cait: OAuth2-Client-Berechtigungsnachweis gewähren
14:14 eythian surely it's just one word
14:14 LeeJ cait: does that help? :P
14:14 cait a little :)
14:14 cait sorry for complaining :)
14:14 LeeJ cait: that's what I'm here for :)
14:15 LeeJ cait: Google translate has never failed me! Especially in recent years when they've added being able to select alternate translations :)
14:15 cait never failed would go too far
14:15 LeeJ haha
14:15 LeeJ at least in my experience anyway :)
14:15 cait but i remember a former koha develoer who asked me if I was using google translate to communicate with you all
14:16 * eythian prefers deepl for many things
14:16 cait and my question back was: is my english really that terrible?
14:16 eythian often gets translations surprisingly good
14:16 calire left #koha
14:16 LeeJ cait: your English is better than many academics at my university
14:17 cait oi :)
14:18 LeeJ we're getting a rapidly increasing number of international professors
14:18 LeeJ for example, in the Fall semester starting in August I'll be hopefully taking classes with 2 Chinese professors and 1 Nigerian professor :)
14:19 cait ah :)
14:21 drojf joined #koha
14:23 barton joined #koha
14:35 cait are client id/key and client id/secret different things?
14:35 cait tcohen: ?
14:36 tcohen client_id and client_secret
14:37 cait i meant key and secret :)
14:37 cait because both appear int ranslations and was not sure
14:38 saiful joined #koha
14:41 AndrewIsh Can anyone point me to a good example of how Koha sanitizes user input? I'm specifically looking for examples of sanitizing input prior to database storage, I want to stay consistent with whatever approach is currently in use.
14:42 AndrewIsh I have been poking around looking for examples, but failed to find any thus far
14:43 cait what kind of sanitation?
14:45 AndrewIsh cait:  Sanitization of user input, e.g. removing undesirable markup or scripting. I just discovered C4::Scrubber, which appears to be a wrapper around HTML::Scrubber. Looks like that might be what I've been searching for
14:45 cait i know it's used by tags
14:45 cait not sure if somewhere else
14:46 AndrewIsh Here, apparently:
14:46 AndrewIsh opac/ C4::Scrubber;
14:46 AndrewIsh opac/ C4::Scrubber;
14:46 AndrewIsh opac/svc/checkout_notes:use C4::Scrubber;
14:46 AndrewIsh opac/ C4::Scrubber;
14:46 AndrewIsh opac/ C4::Scrubber;
14:46 AndrewIsh opac/ C4::Scrubber;
14:46 cait ah cool
14:46 LeeJ #TheMoreYouKnow
14:46 AndrewIsh Looks like that should fit the bill, thanks cait
14:51 cait ⌘ < some apple key?
14:51 Joubu you certainly want to store what the user entered then display the string escaped
14:51 Joubu AndrewIsh: ^
14:52 ncbaratta joined #koha
14:52 oleonard cait: ⌘ represents the "command" key on a Mac, formerly the "Apple" key. It typically replaces "Ctrl" in Mac keyboard shortcuts.
14:53 cait thx :)
14:53 cait oleonard++
14:54 AndrewIsh Joubu:  Looking at, for example opac/, C4::Scrubber::scrub is called on a note field. Which, looking at[…]/HTML/ appears to remove the unwanted content. I too am sanitizing a notes field, so was going to follow the example of
14:59 tcohen drojf: I just picked libhttp-oai-perl from jessie
14:59 tcohen what was the way to build specific versions of cpan moduleS?
15:01 reiveune bye
15:01 reiveune left #koha
15:03 tcohen cait: you should talk about client ID and secret I think
15:04 tcohen the first attempt from jajm (from which I borrowed the code) had a different (than OAuth2) terminology
15:04 tcohen and we ight be inconsistent on that regard
15:04 TGoat joined #koha
15:05 tcohen ashimema++ # Relase Maintainer!
15:05 cait it's alright
15:05 cait just wondering
15:05 tcohen just giving you info
15:05 cait yep thx
15:29 kidclamp jajm++
15:39 drojf tcohen: you can use --version with dh-make-perl i think. what i did is dget -x with the dsc file that is in jessie
15:44 * oleonard bbl
15:53 NateC joined #koha
15:54 NateC Hi Everyone!!
15:55 NateC Who is the best person to refer someone to who is having issues with general mailing list? Wizzyrea? Rangi?
15:57 * LeeJ would like to thank the devs who provide detailed information about system preferences in bug reports
15:58 * ashimema takes note to give better detail info for such patches in the future ;)
15:58 LeeJ ashimema: :D
15:59 LeeJ but really makes it such a smoother process if we don't have to go through potentially hundreds of comments to find information about what something does :)
15:59 LeeJ ashimema: for the record, it's primarily important for new features and enhancements :
15:59 LeeJ :)
16:00 cait ashimema: even better to submit a patch to the manual :)
16:01 bag mailing lists?
16:01 wahanui mailing lists are[…]ha-mailing-lists/
16:02 LeeJ what cait said!
16:04 oleonard joined #koha
16:09 ashimema I'm still not sure about doc process to be honest.. It would be good to submit manual patches in parallel to the code patches
16:09 LeeJ ashimema: I'm always available for lessons :)
16:11 ashimema It's not the submitting a patch I have problems with.. Gitlab is nicer than bugzilla 😉 and I've used sphinx for a couple of years myself. It's more to do with tying the two things together between a Gitlab PR and a bugzilla patch going through qa etc..
16:11 cait ashimema: we are using gitlab, you will like it ;)
16:12 LeeJ Joubu: am I correct in my understanding that the BrowseResultSelection syspref is OPAC only? Bug 19290 indicates it's for the OPAC but then it appears Bug 10858 points it towards being used in intranet. Basically, should I include the syspref under OPAC or elsewhere?
16:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19290 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Browse selected biblios - Staff
16:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10858 new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, In Discussion , Browse selected biblios - OPAC
16:14 Joubu LeeJ: it's staff only, 10858 will be for OPAC (not pushed yet)
16:19 cait LeeJ: where do I add a taiga task for bug 19794?
16:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19794 minor, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Rename RLIST - Routing list notice template as it's not related to routing lists
16:19 cait oh i found one actually
16:34 LeeJ Joubu: thanks!
16:44 LeeJ 4 of the new sys prefs documented..only 15 more to go
16:45 cait LeeJ: looking a bit at the missing sections
16:45 cait some seem alrady in, just mark closed?
16:45 LeeJ cait: thank you :)
16:45 LeeJ yes please
16:46 LeeJ cait: if memory serves, the "missing sections" user story was added just for us to migrate all the content from the framapad at the time
16:46 LeeJ so some of it might be outdated but at least it's all there
16:46 cait ok :)
16:47 caroline joined #koha
16:51 andrew joined #koha
16:52 kmlussier joined #koha
16:54 LeeJ kidclamp++ # for adding detailed info for the novelist staff client syspref :)
17:00 * LeeJ cheers cait on
17:00 LeeJ :D
17:12 oleonard joined #koha
17:25 cait LeeJ: toolbar or tool bar?
17:27 * cait decides on toolbar
17:28 oleonard joined #koha
17:29 cait wb oleonard :)
17:29 * oleonard will try to stay put for a while
17:30 LeeJ hmm
17:30 LeeJ cait: I tried googling tool bar and it suggested toolbar so yes one word :)
17:31 cait also good :)
17:31 LeeJ cait: it's also one word in computer design so we're good :)
17:31 LeeJ cait: I'm not sure how to handle/split up the two prefs for Bug 20291
17:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20291 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, RESOLVED FIXED, Add a StaffLoginInstructions system preference to add text to the staff client login box
17:33 cait looking
17:33 LeeJ thanks :)
17:33 cait i thnk one is a rename and the other is new?
17:33 cait we renamed the old one to match with the new one
17:34 cait i'd handle them separately and maybe something like a see also ote to the other?
17:34 LeeJ variations...ugh lol
17:35 cait hm according to docs # shoudl auto number
17:35 cait but doesn't seem to do it
17:35 cait maybe something about my spaces
17:35 LeeJ cait: hm?
17:36 cait numbered lists
17:36 cait :)
17:38 LeeJ let's see...
17:45 LeeJ I can't find an example of numbered lists..only unordered..
17:47 cait i was wondering
17:47 cait in notices there are some lists numbered manually
17:47 LeeJ >_>
17:47 cait i followed that for now
17:47 cait we can try and clean them up later if we figure it out
17:48 LeeJ I've been looking in gitlab settings for some sort of key
17:48 cait hm?
17:50 ashimema #. For ordered lists cait
17:50 ashimema You need the period
17:52 ashimema[…]quote-like-blocks
17:52 LeeJ ashimema: :O
17:52 LeeJ good find!
17:54 ashimema As I said.. I've dabbled with sphinx a few time before.. You guys are doing a great job 😀
17:58 LeeJ thanks ashimema!
17:59 cait ashimema: maybe it was the missing .
18:00 cait yep
18:00 cait thx
18:01 cait LeeJ: i will have another brnach with a few patches for you soon
18:01 LeeJ cait: I'll be looking forward to it! :)
18:02 cait hoping the english is ok
18:02 cait ashimema++
18:02 cait totally right about that
18:04 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20437: Update debian/control <[…]79778c47674c135db>
18:04 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20693: Update control file <[…]949b4ce9a758d0e9b>
18:04 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20693: Plack fails, because 'libcgi-emulate-psgi-perl' package is not installed <[…]6414c229da92833db>
18:04 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20437: Force the dependency on HTTP::OAI < 4.0 <[…]48de95b307da1c325>
18:05 cait LeeJ: merge request submitted
18:05 LeeJ okay
18:07 LeeJ cait: merged! Looks great! :)
18:07 cait wow fast :)
18:07 LeeJ :D
18:07 cait you saw 3 ocmmits right? heh
18:08 LeeJ yep!
18:09 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]-_Tips_and_Tricks
18:09 cait ordered lists
18:10 LeeJ cait: I didn't know we already started to put the style guide together! :D
18:10 LeeJ that's awesome
18:12 caroline cait: you are on fire! :)
18:13 LeeJ so are you caroline!
18:13 caroline not right now, I'm too busy trying to make my marketing guy happy ;)
18:15 cait caroline: just on vacation heh
18:16 caroline cait: you keep busy on vacation!
18:16 LeeJ I have 15 vacation days to use before July 1st :(
18:16 cait so do it :)
18:16 LeeJ I'm a workaholic so it will be hard beinh away so much
18:16 cait is that an english sentence?
18:16 cait This notice is sent to the patron when an article request has been
18:16 cait made in order to confirm the request.
18:16 caroline oh no, poor you! ;)
18:16 LeeJ cait: yes it is!
18:17 LeeJ caroline: right?! And then on July 1 I get a fresh batch of leave time for the next year :)
18:22 LeeJ caroline: by the way, that browse results syspref DOES work after following the test plan...I left the link to it in the task
18:23 mtompset joined #koha
18:23 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
18:23 mtompset @seen cait
18:23 huginn mtompset: cait was last seen in #koha 7 minutes and 15 seconds ago: <cait>       made in order to confirm the request.
18:24 mtompset I signed off bug 20706... and tweaked the test I added so it wasn't a hard coded list. :)
18:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20706 critical, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , Fix links to help files for changed file structure (removed numbering on files)
18:24 caroline LeeJ: yes, I saw the link!
18:25 caroline It wasn't what I was expecting, i misread the syspref
18:25 mtompset @seenm LeeJ
18:25 huginn mtompset: downloading the Perl source
18:25 mtompset @seen LeeJ
18:25 huginn mtompset: LeeJ was last seen in #koha 3 minutes and 53 seconds ago: <LeeJ> caroline: by the way, that browse results syspref DOES work after following the test plan...I left the link to it in the task
18:28 cait mtompset: cool, trying to find someone to qa
18:30 mtompset And that's why I wrote that crazy test script.
18:30 mtompset It makes testing easier. :)
18:30 mtompset Because checking 190ish pages is a pain!
18:33 cait also english? This notice is sent to the patron who made a suggestion, when the
18:33 cait 'from a suggestion' option is used to create an order from it.
18:33 drojf good night #koha
18:34 mtompset The test is currently limited to English, because it scrapes the URL.
18:35 mtompset If you fail to apply all three patches, the test will fail. :)
18:37 mtompset If someone wishes to expand it to across languages, we'd need to add an id attribute into the anchor reference, and then we could scrape it more precisely. :)
18:37 cait LeeJ: next merge request :)
18:38 cait mtompset: we can't do that at the moment in the gui
18:38 cait this will be an interim fix, we plan to  get rid of the help pages
18:38 cait for next release
18:38 cait and link directly to the manual
18:39 * LeeJ waves to mtompset
18:41 LeeJ cait: merged :)
18:42 mtompset Greetings, LeeJ
18:42 LeeJ mtompset: hiya
18:44 cait yay :)
18:44 LeeJ cait: you're the best :D
18:45 cait nah
18:46 oleonard cait: Yeah-huh.
18:46 LeeJ I second oleonard
18:46 cait hmpf :)
18:47 mtompset I third it, if we even need to go that far. :)
18:48 mtompset Of course, I live in a world of pink unicorns, and everyone is best. ;)
18:48 mtompset -- unless I'm in a bad mood. :)
18:54 cait LeeJ: can i destroy misc ?
18:54 cait i'd like to move printers into a hardware chapter
18:55 cait and then i only need to figure out the sysprefs default and the itemtype cataloguing stuff
18:55 LeeJ cait: I don't see why not as long as each subsection in misc is accounted for elsewhere :)
18:56 cait i think it's a pet peeve...
18:56 cait it's like receiving support emails named 'misc'
18:56 LeeJ what is? the misc section?
18:56 cait those are the worst
18:56 LeeJ haha
18:56 LeeJ I agree
18:56 LeeJ misc is so....vague
18:57 cait yeah
18:57 cait ok
18:57 cait the only ones left now are the first and hte last
18:57 cait[…]t-the-zebra-index
18:58 cait (with my patches)
18:58 LeeJ :D
18:58 LeeJ cait++
18:59 oleonard see y'all later
18:59 LeeJ bye oleonard
18:59 wahanui bye oleopard
19:00 cait i am still torn about hte usefulness of the pref defaults
19:00 LeeJ cait: do you know the reasoning behind them being there?
19:00 cait i guess to help people misconfiguring theirs
19:01 cait i feel the item types might fit into a catalouging help thing
19:01 LeeJ cait: perhaps have the defaults moved to the wiki then add a link to the top of the syspref section linking to it?
19:04 cait maybe
19:04 cait i think i found a good spot for the xslt material type icons
19:04 cait catalouging guides
19:04 LeeJ yay!
19:15 andreashm joined #koha
19:21 cait work for you
19:26 LeeJ already merged :)
19:26 LeeJ FYI my power might go out here...extremely bad thunderstorms and tornado watches :-\
19:27 cait last one is still open :)
19:27 cait hm yeah we had some lightning earlier, but not much happened since
19:27 cait[…]erge_requests/113
19:27 caroline LeeJ: where are you?
19:28 LeeJ caroline: Pennsylvania
19:28 LeeJ cait: now it's actually merged ;)
19:30 caroline Ugh, I see the storms on the radar. They're thin though, shouldn't last too long
19:34 cait LeeJ: i will move the isbd to the wiki
19:34 cait the formatting has been badly mangled anyway by the conversion of the manual
19:34 cait line breaks are wrong etc
19:34 cait hm at least if you want to make it preformatted it needs fixing
19:35 cait will make a patch, you can take a look then :)
19:38 LeeJ cait: looking forward to it :)
19:39 LeeJ caroline: right now it's a torrential downpour outside
19:39 LeeJ :(
19:43 andreashm LeeJ: ouch.
19:44 andreashm almost afraid to mention that we have had terrific wether in Sweden the last week.
19:45 LeeJ @wunder 18509
19:45 huginn LeeJ: Scranton, PA :: Thunderstorm :: 63F/17C | Tuesday: Strong thunderstorms likely. Damaging winds and large hail with some storms. High 86F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Tuesday Night: Cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. Low 54F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
19:45 LeeJ andreashm: >_>
19:45 andreashm @wunder Stockholm
19:45 huginn andreashm: Stockholm, Sweden :: Clear :: 64F/18C | Tuesday: Clear. Lows overnight in the upper 40s. Tuesday Night: Clear skies. Low 48F. Winds light and variable.
19:46 LeeJ that's not nice :(
19:46 LeeJ our weather is bi-polar
19:47 LeeJ it could be bright and sunny one minute and the next it will be storming
19:49 andreashm LeeJ: hope it will get better soon!
19:51 LeeJ andreashm: not as much as I do ;)
19:51 andreashm =)
20:02 cait @wunder Konstanz
20:02 huginn cait: Konstanz, Germany ::  :: NoneF/NoneC | Tuesday: Cloudy, periods of rain. Lows overnight in the upper 40s. Tuesday Night: Rain showers early will evolve into a more steady rain overnight. Low 48F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
20:04 cait LeeJ: it's dead.
20:04 LeeJ lol
20:05 cait i found some links to fix from earlier patches, working on those now, then declaring restructuring finished
20:05 LeeJ ok :)
20:06 LeeJ merged :)
20:09 cait will send an email to bernardo aboutp o files
20:09 cait i noticed that the po files in the repo are not kept up to date
20:09 cait not sure how that works right now
20:10 rangi @later tell natec probably me
20:10 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
20:11 * LeeJ waves to rangi
20:12 rangi heya LeeJ
20:13 LeeJ rangi: so does the docs HTML get automatically updated? Or does something have to be done manually?
20:13 rangi LeeJ: currently it gets done automatically
20:14 rangi[…]s/kohadocs/-/jobs
20:14 LeeJ rangi: cron based or automatic?
20:14 rangi automatic
20:14 rangi see there
20:14 LeeJ ah
20:14 rangi the CI tool builds and scps the files
20:14 rangi[…]s/-/jobs/68446564
20:15 LeeJ gotcha
20:15 LeeJ that's fun to watch lol
20:15 rangi for each language in the locales
20:15 rangi it will do the same on the 17.11 branch too
20:15 rangi (but put them in a different place)
20:15 LeeJ thanks for the info :)
20:15 LeeJ now I know where to look...just wanted to make sure everything looked right
20:16 rangi[…]18.05/zh_TW/html/  for example
20:16 LeeJ :)
20:16 rangi im not sure if it is still doing the epubs too
20:17 rangi for example
20:17 rangi ah yes, it is doing the epubs too
20:17 rangi so yuo can be all reading them on your kindle and what not
20:17 LeeJ cait has been doing a great job of helping clean up the manual...she got rid of the misc chapter :D
20:18 rangi yay!
20:18 rangi misc has no place ever in anything
20:18 rangi :)
20:18 LeeJ exactly!
20:18 andreashm cait++
20:18 rangi cait++
20:18 cait happy that people share my opinion about misc :)
20:18 rangi LeeJ: will you be doing a talk on documentation stuff at kohacon?
20:19 LeeJ rangi: if I could have afforded the trip I would have :(
20:19 rangi i reckon a live demo of editing it, as part of the main conf, might help show how not tricky it is
20:19 rangi ahh bummer
20:19 rangi i wonder who else I can convince to do that
20:19 rangi :)
20:19 LeeJ haha
20:20 LeeJ how many usually attend kohacon?
20:22 cait depends a bit on the place
20:22 cait greece where almost 250 i think
20:23 LeeJ I'd love to try to have my campus host it sometime..just have to figure out how to pitch it to the ones in charge :)
20:24 rangi i think this one should be pretty biggish
20:24 cait ok, fixed link
20:24 cait no more spotted for the moment
20:24 rangi speaking of which we need to start proposals for 2019
20:24 rangi 2020 NZ
20:25 rangi (20th birthday back home :))
20:25 LeeJ cait: merged! :) looks good as usual!
20:26 LeeJ rangi: yay!
20:26 cait LeeJ: taiga question
20:26 LeeJ cait: hm?
20:26 cait now all tasks of my user story are finished
20:26 cait why does it still show in progress?
20:26 cait[…]hadocs-1805/epics
20:26 LeeJ which story were you doing? cleanup?
20:27 cait documenation housekeeping > break up...
20:27 rangi ohhh you are in scranton LeeJ? so probably 2021 next chance for US again :)
20:27 LeeJ rangi: :D
20:29 LeeJ I'll talk to people to see if we can submit a proposal for then :)
20:29 rangi :)
20:29 LeeJ cait: looking now..
20:29 caroline LeeJ, cait isn't it that you have to manually change the status of the user story?
20:30 cait I was looking for that but didn't spot it
20:30 LeeJ I'm adding a new Closed status now
20:30 andreashm rangi: is the time for 2019 proposals soon?
20:30 andreashm (going back to the KohaCon discussion)
20:31 rangi andreashm: i reckon now!
20:31 rangi what i would do
20:31 * andreashm was under the impression it would be for the fall. for some reason
20:31 rangi its already winter! :)
20:31 andreashm hehe...
20:31 wahanui it has been said that hehe is that a bad thing or a good thing? ;-)
20:31 rangi https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]haCon18_Proposals
20:32 rangi copy that page and start a kohacon19_proposals one
20:32 rangi and put it on the agenda for the next meeting
20:32 rangi the longer people have, the more people can come etc
20:32 andreashm oh, mid january. that was early.
20:33 * andreashm would prefer to have it after summer. lots of work for the end of the semester
20:33 andreashm (GDPR and all)
20:33 LeeJ cait: I'll look tomorrow...I need to head out while there's a break in the weather
20:33 andreashm Just talking for ourselves of course. =)
20:33 rangi you kinda want it decided with as much time to give people chance to start getting funding etc
20:33 LeeJ night all!
20:33 wahanui goodnight LeeJ. You'll be back.
20:33 cait np :)
20:34 cait night LeeJ
20:34 andreashm rangi: yeah, of course.
20:34 rangi andreashm: yeah, but just putting up a bit of a placeholder with your names in .. is a good start
20:34 andreashm but there need to be some time to put together a proposal too.
20:34 rangi yep
20:34 rangi indicating that you're going to pull one together is a good idea tho
20:34 andreashm we are
20:35 andreashm we will, perhaps I should write
20:35 rangi yep, so id do a page, with "Sweden" "details to come"
20:35 andreashm rangi: cool. that much we can do, after all. =)
20:35 rangi and put kohacon19 on the agenda for next irc meeting so that people can start discussing timelines (maybe note prefer voting in august or something)
20:36 caroline kohacon19 is going to be in Sweden?
20:36 rangi maybe :)
20:36 andreashm caroline: we hope so. =)
20:36 cait being the first to put a hand up is not a bad thing :)
20:36 caroline cool! I'll start saving $$ :)
20:37 * andreashm puts both hands up
20:37 rangi heh
20:37 andreashm lots of Swedes coming to Portland this year too. The Swedish User Group has travel grants. looking forward to it!
20:38 andreashm (KohaCon, not the grants)
20:38 rangi excellent, first beer (or beverage of your choice) is on me
20:38 andreashm rangi: looking forward to that too!
20:38 andreashm second is on me.
20:38 rangi :)
20:40 * andreashm goes over to the wiki to add a page
21:03 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:04 andreashm So, a page is up: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]hacon19_Proposals
21:06 rangi yay!
21:12 magnuse w00t!
21:13 magnuse andreashm++
21:14 andreashm ok, now of to bed. bye #koha
21:16 ashimema cait++ for removing misc
21:16 ashimema Kohacon19 plans already aye..  Blimey
21:17 ashimema Wasn't there already also talk from Ireland and Norway for proposals for next conf
21:22 magnuse norway has mostly been me talking about how cool it would be to have kohacon in the new library in oslo sometime after they open, i think
21:22 magnuse curently, the date for that is sometime in 2020
21:23 magnuse so 2021 at the earliest
21:23 magnuse and 2022 if sweden gets 2019
21:23 caroline How does the rotation work? One year per continent?
21:24 rangi not on the same continent within 3
21:24 rangi greece 2016 means europe 2019 is ok
21:25 magnuse so if europe gets 2019, the next time it can be in europe is 2022
21:25 rangi yep
21:25 caroline ok!
21:25 rangi usa now, next earliest time in north american is 2021
21:25 rangi means it moves around the world more
21:25 magnuse and i hope we all agree that nz can host in 2020 if they want to :-)
21:25 rangi its been 10 years since oceania :)
21:26 cait yah :)
21:26 rangi oceanania ? i
21:26 rangi i forget how to spell it
21:26 magnuse i think you nailed it the first time :-)
21:27 rangi we've done all the continents except antartica
21:27 rangi :)
21:27 caroline No Koha libraries there so far, I guess
21:27 * magnuse would want to go to kohacon in antarctica
21:27 rangi there are 2 libraries there
21:28 rangi so maybe in the future one will use Koha :)
21:28 magnuse no reason for them not to use it! :-)
21:28 rangi it's been proven to work in the cold
21:29 rangi by public libraries in nunavut ;)
21:29 rangi and you artic circle folks :)
21:30 rangi more mundane question
21:30 cait hehe
21:30 cait a nice slogan
21:30 cait proven to work in the cold
21:30 * magnuse does not have any customers north of the arctic circle yet, but is working on it
21:30 rangi has anyone done a plugin thingy for the cataloguing interface, that when you change a dropdown on one subfield, it changes the values in another drop down
21:30 caroline Well, I'm off to my nephew's 17th birthday bbq (17 already, i feel so old). Good night everyone!
21:30 rangi good night caroline
21:31 magnuse have fun caroline
21:31 cait bye caroline:)
21:31 caroline left #koha
21:31 rangi what im talking about is you put a topic, then a subtopic, and that subtopic list changes based on the topic you picked
21:31 cait all i can think of is the way some of the 00x plugins work
21:31 rangi im pretty sure I can write it with js, but was wondering if someone had already done something
21:31 cait but that's not quite the same
21:32 cait it should be possible it hink so too
21:32 rangi cool
21:32 cait but there it's happening inside the plugin
21:32 rangi yeah
21:32 rangi ill take a look
21:33 magnuse g'night #koha!
21:34 ashimema Nighty night #koha
21:54 mtompset joined #koha
22:12 janPasi joined #koha
22:28 kathryn joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary