IRC log for #koha, 2018-04-04

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 _emucla_ joined #koha
00:03 _emucla_ joined #koha
00:07 _emucla_ joined #koha
00:24 emucla joined #koha
00:30 _emucla_ joined #koha
00:32 _emucla_ joined #koha
01:11 aleisha joined #koha
01:35 Kafilini joined #koha
03:19 Kafilini joined #koha
04:55 smita joined #koha
05:05 fridolin1 joined #koha
05:05 fridolin1 hi community
05:14 josef_moravec joined #koha
05:22 cait joined #koha
05:58 petter good morning
05:58 wahanui the only good morning is a dead one
05:59 petter hah!
06:09 cait good morning petter
06:09 petter hi cait!
06:17 cait1 joined #koha
06:19 calire joined #koha
06:24 laurence joined #koha
06:30 reiveune joined #koha
06:30 reiveune hello
06:42 magnuse \o/
06:44 alex_a joined #koha
06:45 alex_a bonjour
06:45 wahanui salut, alex_a
07:02 cait joined #koha
07:04 paul_p joined #koha
07:06 greenjimll joined #koha
07:11 smita joined #koha
07:30 sophie_m joined #koha
07:30 sophie_m left #koha
07:33 cait good morning #koha!
07:34 josef_moravec hi cait
07:36 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:36 gaetan_B hello
07:38 cait hi josef_moravec :)
07:40 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:52 andreashm joined #koha
08:01 ere cait: Hi! Sorry about the confusion with 14716..
08:02 cait no problem
08:03 cait you are right, that we are doing it wrong, but we need to keep the links working
08:03 cait for non-latin script, so i think kyle's patches can't be used
08:03 ere cait: sure, encoding new links properly doesn't affect anything existing.
08:04 ere cait: I mean, what I did doesn't affect how url's are handled, only how they're created.
08:04 cait I will try to test again tonight if noone else beats me to it
08:05 ere cait: If the approach makes sense, I could start working on remaining templates too to make it complete.
08:23 sophie_m joined #koha
08:23 smita joined #koha
08:30 alex_a joined #koha
08:38 emucla joined #koha
08:39 * andreashm waves
08:53 magnuse huh, noone ever wanted to show subtitles on the "holds to pull" page?
08:56 magnuse ah, there is something about subtitles in the code
08:58 magnuse oh, Keyword to MARC mapping
08:58 JoshB joined #koha
08:59 JoshB joined #koha
09:00 JoshB joined #koha
09:01 JoshB joined #koha
09:01 JoshB joined #koha
09:02 ck joined #koha
09:05 ck_ joined #koha
09:07 josef_moravec Doodle for GDPR meeting is here:
09:08 nlegrand Bonjour Koha.
09:10 * andreashm waves
09:13 magnuse \o/
09:21 magnuse so i added "keyword to marc mapping" for subtitle. what's a fella gotta do to make the subtitle actually show up in the "holds to pull"? open and save all the records?
09:34 AndrewIsh joined #koha
09:41 magnuse joined #koha
09:49 andreashm magnuse: doesn't keywords to marc mapping only work when xslt tamplates are not used? not sure this is relevant for the holds to pull page though.
09:49 magnuse you are definitely right, but it looks like it should affect the "holds to pull" anyway
09:50 magnuse unless i misread the code
09:58 magnuse ah, looks like i just forgot what "before" looks like and the extra data show up without any special prompting. nice!
09:58 andreashm ?
09:59 andreashm got it to work?
10:03 smita joined #koha
10:03 AndrewIsh Hi all. I'm resurrecting an instance I used for dev a couple of years ago, I'm seeing a weird error when trying to list/search for patrons: "Can't call method "libraries_where_can_see_patrons" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/C4/Utils/DataTables/ line 27." Seems the object on which it's trying to call that method is the object resulting from "Koha::Patrons->find( $userenv->{number} );" Anyone got any idea why it might be undefined, I'm
10:03 AndrewIsh definitely logged in!
10:08 magnuse andreashm: yes, made it show 250$a too
10:08 andreashm magnuse: nice! how?
10:10 magnuse i'll write it up on the wiki
10:12 alexbuckley joined #koha
10:14 kidclamp AndrewIsh, are you logged in as the db user?
10:15 AndrewIsh kidclamp:  No, just a user I created when I installed Koha
10:16 AndrewIsh kidclamp:  Though I do get the same error when logged in as the db user
10:17 AndrewIsh Interestingly, printing out $logged_in_user, it's definitely not undefined :-/
10:18 AndrewIsh Oh, crap, ignore me. I just noticed, the error is in fact different when I'm not logged in as the db user....
10:19 AndrewIsh Template process failed: undef error - Can't call method "p_sep_by_space" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/Koha/Number/ line 126.
10:20 AndrewIsh Looks like I might not have a currency defined, doh! OK, I'll do some digging. Thanks for your help :)
10:21 magnuse andreashm: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ds_to_pull_report
10:22 andreashm thanks magnuse
10:28 andreashm magnuse: interestingly, it doesn't work on our 16.05 (dev) server. but it works on the 17.11 upgrade server we have. weird.
10:28 magnuse yup, that is weird
10:28 * andreashm is mostly curios. we don't even use the holds to pull functionality. =)
10:28 paxed AndrewIsh: looks like your db schema isn't up-to-date
10:28 magnuse i also tested on 17.11
10:28 andreashm curious
10:29 AndrewIsh paxed:  Interesting, I pulled latest master, dropped my database and recreated from scratch using the web installer. Do I need to do anything else?
10:29 * paxed has a déjà vu
10:30 paxed AndrewIsh: no idea. but the p_sep_by_space is a very recent db change
10:30 AndrewIsh All seems to be working since I did that though, so I'm guessing you're right, I didn't have the latest schema but I do now! :)
10:43 cait hi AndrewIsh
10:44 AndrewIsh Hi cait !
10:45 nlegrand kidclamp: hiya, have you read my topic on Koha-devel? “Default Elasticsearch behaviour wrong with Chinese”. I wasn't sure if I should open a bug so I send it to the list.
10:45 kidclamp i will look in a bit nlegrand
10:45 cait AndrewIsh: there was a change in apache a while ago too - if you experience something more odd
10:45 cait if the instance wasn't recreated you might have to do that too
10:46 andreashm cait: achange in apache?
10:46 AndrewIsh I had some Apache problems yesterday to do with file versioning, but was put on the correct track by some kind souls here :)
10:46 cait that woudl be it :)
10:50 cait tcohen++ #thx!
11:34 meliss joined #koha
11:34 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:43 oleonard joined #koha
11:45 oleonard Hi #koha
11:45 josef_moravec hi oleonard
11:45 wahanui hi olé onard
11:55 josef_moravec joined #koha
12:01 kellym joined #koha
12:04 marcelr joined #koha
12:05 marcelr hi #koha
12:05 alex_a joined #koha
12:07 eythian hi marcelr
12:07 eythian etc.
12:07 * cait waves
12:07 marcelr hi eythian cait
12:08 DonnaB joined #koha
12:24 andreashm joined #koha
12:24 fridolin1 cait: le bonjour
12:24 * andreashm waves
12:25 fridolin1 cait: I have added a patch to Bug 18818
12:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18818 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Signed Off , Manage categories displayed in Quick add patron list
12:25 fridolin1 i 'm not sure how to QA a bug with db changes
12:26 cait fridolin1: yep, i think maybe i was too tired yesterday
12:26 cait i missed recreating the schema
12:26 cait i didn't realize that's what qa script complained about probably
12:27 cait schema changes in a separate patch is good
12:27 cait you can also note in the test plan that schema needs to be updated - it's really easy to do on devbox now
12:30 fridolin1 cait: ah it is there : 4) Update DBIx shema : misc/devel/
12:30 fridolin1 thanks for QAing btw
12:32 cait fridolin1: argh. yep, will try to be more awake for my next attempt :)
12:33 fridolin1 no pb ;)
12:33 fridolin1 i have strong coffee if you whant
12:33 oleonard Yes please, fridolin1
12:42 magnuse comments from sip2gurus and others are most welcome on bug 20517
12:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20517 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, NEW , Use the "sort bin" field in SIP2 Checkin Response
12:44 ncbaratta joined #koha
12:50 tcohen morning
12:53 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:00 oleonard Meeting in 1 hour?
13:00 josef_moravec oleonard: I think so
13:03 kmlussier joined #koha
13:04 andrew joined #koha
13:05 cait yes
13:15 tcohen hola Joubu
13:19 Joubu hi tcohen, #koha
13:25 Margaret joined #koha
13:25 JoshB joined #koha
13:41 smita joined #koha
13:47 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:47 Freddy_Enrique hello guys
13:48 thd joined #koha
13:48 Freddy_Enrique quick question
13:51 josef_moravec joined #koha
13:53 smita left #koha
13:53 indradg joined #koha
13:55 Joubu dcook_: about bug 13324: That is why I asked for feedback, RFC review and testing 3 years ago. You are 3 years late!
13:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13324 normal, P5 - low, ---, claire.hernandez, RESOLVED FIXED, [DEPENDS_ON_13321] The fund values must be based on tax included values
13:56 fridolin1 how
13:56 fridolin1 down ?
13:57 Joubu dcook_: I also do not understand what you are expecting from this kind of comment. You should refer to bug 13321 and related and open new bug reports after you have confirmed there are none yet...
13:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13321 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, RESOLVED FIXED, Fix tax and prices calculation
13:57 Joubu @later tell rangi returns 502 bad gateway
13:57 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
13:58 davidnind joined #koha
14:01 kidclamp meeting time?
14:01 wahanui mmm meat
14:02 Joubu kidclamp: yep
14:02 kidclamp #startmeeting General IRC meeting 4 April 2018
14:02 huginn Meeting started Wed Apr  4 14:02:36 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
14:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 April 2018)
14:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_4_april_2018'
14:02 kidclamp #chair Joubu
14:02 huginn Current chairs: Joubu kidclamp
14:02 kidclamp #topic Introductions
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 April 2018)
14:02 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens
14:03 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum, Netherlands
14:03 Joubu rmaints?
14:03 wahanui rumour has it rmaints is kidclamp (17.11), fridolin (17.05), rangi (16.11)
14:03 Joubu qa_team?
14:03 wahanui qa_team is alex_a jajm marcelr khall kidclamp tcohen josef_moravec
14:03 josef_moravec #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library Usti nad Orlici, Czech Republic
14:03 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
14:03 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto, BWS, USA
14:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:03 kellym #info Kelly McElligott BywaterSolutions USA
14:04 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_4_April_2018
14:04 Joubu the agenda is there ^
14:04 alex_a #info Alex Arnaud, Biblibre, France
14:05 kidclamp #topic Announcements
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 April 2018)
14:05 kidclamp floor is open :-)
14:05 JesseM Kohacon2018 site is up
14:06 kidclamp #info KohaCon 2018 site is up
14:06 kidclamp link jessem
14:06 JesseM registration and more info here:
14:07 kidclamp #link For registration and info
14:07 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:07 indradg #info Indranil Das Gupta, L2C2 Technologies, India.
14:07 Joubu #info Portland is full of craft beers
14:08 kidclamp moving on :-)
14:08 kidclamp #topic Update on releases:
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases: (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 April 2018)
14:09 kidclamp #info Maintainers are working, April 22nd is sunday so release will happen 24/25
14:09 kidclamp anything to add fridolin1?
14:10 fridolin1 nope thanks
14:10 fridolin1 #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:10 kidclamp Joubu, all yours
14:11 Joubu yes, I have written few points before the meeting, here they are:
14:11 Joubu * 18.05 release dates have been published (should be on May 22th)
14:11 Joubu #info 18.05 is planned for May 22th
14:11 Joubu #link[…]April/050306.html
14:11 Joubu Final stretch for big/medium works, if you want your stuffs in for 18.05 it's now
14:11 Joubu * Performances - I have done some benchmarks yesterday (compare 16.05 with master (~18.05)) using misc4dev/benchmark_them_all, I have not noticed big performance problems.
14:12 Joubu I wanted to test/confirm the last refactoring patches pushed (especially the Koha::Patron move) did not introduce performance gap
14:12 Joubu At first glance it seems ok, but it would be great to benchmark specific areas instead of using the basic_workflow.t selenium tests (which only provides us a very wide overview)
14:12 Joubu if you face you feel perf issues since the last 3,4 releases, please contact me with info
14:12 Joubu if you face *or* feel*
14:13 Joubu * Related topic: selenium tests.
14:13 Joubu I am in touch with alexbuckley to continue the work on writing these tests (bug 19384 is the omnibus).
14:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19384 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Add Selenium tests
14:13 Joubu I'd like to see them part of 18.05 and will do all what I need for that (skip SO and QA as nobody usually cares much about these tests).
14:13 Joubu * ES - There is a huge lack of tests for the elastic code, we are wandering in the dark without protection - warning!
14:13 kidclamp #info if any performance issues noted in recent releases please contact Joubu
14:13 Joubu (I do not plan to work on that)
14:14 Joubu * EDI - Same here... No enhancement should be accepted without full test coverage
14:14 kidclamp #info Selenium tests will be pushed, comment on bugs if you have comments or concerns
14:14 Joubu (I do not think there are anyway)
14:14 Joubu I do not have anything else in mind
14:14 kidclamp #info ElasticSearch needs more exhaustive test coverage (kidclamp,alex_a,ere) please take note
14:14 kidclamp #info EDI could also use more test coverage
14:15 kidclamp we have a note about TT syntax, cait or documenters here to ask for what they need>
14:16 Joubu ha, I guess it is for me
14:16 Joubu I have opened and worked on bug 17961 few months ago
14:16 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17961 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, TT syntax for notices - Prove we have an equivalent for our historical custom syntax
14:17 marcelr do we still need such tests for any TT change ?
14:17 Joubu I do not think we are ready for make it defaults for 18.05, but could be a nice goal for 18.11
14:17 Joubu marcelr: that's the problem, I do not know
14:17 Joubu I cannot remember the state it was when I left the job months ago
14:17 marcelr i would say no, but ...
14:17 rocio joined #koha
14:18 Joubu we do not know, so we are not ready :)
14:18 Joubu but we could advertize it for 18.05 and tell people it can be tested
14:18 Joubu at least for the letter codes with test coverage
14:19 Joubu these ones must work (i.e. you can write the letter template using the TT syntax without regressions)
14:19 Joubu others need to be double-checked
14:19 kidclamp so is work left to be done to convert the old style notices to new ones?
14:19 Joubu we should also update the wiki page I guess
14:20 Joubu not really, this part is easy
14:20 Joubu I think we should: 1. advertize it to make people use it
14:20 Joubu 2. get feedback
14:20 Joubu 3. make sure the other letter codes (the ones without tests) can be moved
14:20 Joubu 4. improve and add tests if not
14:21 Joubu 5. update the wiki page
14:21 Joubu 6. make it the default for 18.11
14:21 Joubu 1. will not happen so we will have 7. get feedbacks too late
14:21 Joubu 8. bug fixes and backport
14:21 Joubu 9. break the notices and spam the users
14:22 marcelr ;)
14:22 kidclamp #info TT syntax should be advertised and tested for feedback and bugs/improvements filed with an eye towards default in 18.11
14:23 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:23 cait sorry for being late
14:23 Joubu someone wants to add something for the TT syntax?
14:23 cait i have to read back, but please feel free to continue
14:24 Joubu ok, then I forgot something in the RM announcements:
14:24 Joubu you must update the release notes for bug reports with the "release-notes-needed" keywords
14:25 Joubu it will help the documentation team and fill the release notes to document the new features/enh
14:25 cait i agree with the plan as outlined - advertise and encourage people to start using TT - switch with 18.11 for default ones
14:25 Joubu you should not ignore this, I will send an email to the list
14:26 marcelr push if filled ?
14:26 Joubu marcelr: revert if not filled
14:26 cait already pushed
14:26 kidclamp #info bugs with "release-notes_needed" keywords must be updated with release notes, this helps documentation team. Joubu will email the list
14:26 cait and probably not always revertable, but it's not hard to do, I think we will be ok
14:27 kidclamp #link https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]y_format=advanced Release notes needed bugs
14:28 kidclamp moving on?
14:28 cait ok for me
14:29 Joubu yep
14:29 kidclamp #topic General discussion
14:29 Topic for #koha is now General discussion (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 April 2018)
14:29 kidclamp #info Revive @kohails twitter?
14:29 cait do we have the login?
14:30 Joubu I have contacted Nicole few months ago to get the credential for the twitter account
14:30 Joubu so I have it
14:30 cait Joubu++
14:30 kidclamp David Nind here?
14:30 davidnind Yes! I'm happy to volunteer...
14:30 Joubu but I am not good at that and I think we should revive it a bit
14:30 cait i think a bad time for him
14:30 cait nz
14:30 davidnind wakes up...
14:30 cait aah
14:30 cait davidnind++
14:30 Joubu someone told me that can be used for this kind of usage
14:30 kidclamp #info PLEASE add yourself to the Kohaq IRC regulars page - 'regular' is a very loosely defined term :-)
14:31 kidclamp #link Koha IRC regulars
14:31 Joubu like: do not share the credential with several people, but create a team and allow them to post as @kohails
14:31 cait do you have to use a special app to do this?
14:32 Joubu app? it's a website
14:32 cait aah even better
14:32 davidnind Would be good to have a team
14:32 cait soudns good to me, and we got a volunteer :)
14:32 Joubu you login in as usual
14:32 Joubu then you have a different view
14:32 cait shoudl we also post reminders about meetings and such
14:32 cait ?
14:33 Joubu it's provided by twitter, I have never used it but sounds like what we need
14:33 calire you can schedule tweets etc with it too
14:33 kidclamp yes, looks like one person can login and designate a team to use the account
14:33 kidclamp would alos be good for GBSD
14:33 calire and manage multiple accounts at once
14:33 cait yep
14:33 kidclamp @later tell calire GBSD? ;-)
14:33 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
14:33 davidnind Didn't have a chance to create a general plan - e.g regular tweets about meetings, etc
14:34 cait at least magnuse and I have the credentials for the GBSD account
14:34 davidnind Tweetdeck looks useful
14:34 kidclamp me too somewhere
14:34 Joubu I think it's the job of several people
14:34 cait os there something that should NOT go on there?
14:34 thd nengard had used some program through which she sent notices to multiple platforms including Twitter.  Such multisite programs may become broken from time to time of course.
14:34 cait can't think of something right now
14:34 Joubu things like: "like this tweet from this support company" or "from this library", etc. should also be done, right?
14:34 kidclamp should twitter avatars be listed on release teams page, so one knows who to contact?
14:35 cait i think generally retweeting 'good news' about koha is a good thing
14:36 davidnind use to raise awareness of all the good things happening
14:36 cait yep
14:36 davidnind well
14:36 cait ok, so what's the next step?
14:37 cait i think we are all for it?
14:37 calire left #koha
14:37 Joubu basically contact me if you want to join the "twitter/communication/news monitoring" and we/you try it?
14:37 davidnind yes!
14:38 kidclamp #info Contact Joubu to be added to the KohaILS twitter team, we will see how it goes
14:38 cait We could update this page then: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]n_Social_Networks
14:38 Joubu my main concern is: we should avoid conflict of interest, that's why a "team" could be a good thing
14:38 cait I think we shoudl probably update a lot more of it, but starting with Twitter would be good
14:38 Joubu (there was/is something on the kanban about that)
14:38 kidclamp #info Team members shoudl eb added to Koha on Social Networks page
14:38 davidnind will create a plan for Twitter use
14:38 cait davidnind
14:38 wahanui somebody said davidnind was happy to help maintain if more help is required - the criteria are quite clear, and what it means is quite clear as well
14:38 cait davidnind
14:38 wahanui it has been said that davidnind is happy to help maintain if more help is required - the criteria are quite clear, and what it means is quite clear as well
14:38 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]n_Social_Networks Koha on Social Networks
14:39 cait davidnind++
14:39 Joubu ("that", the Koha_on_Social_Networks wiki page)
14:39 cait plus was not workign :)
14:39 davidnind 8-)
14:40 kidclamp davidnind, you are up about YouTube too :-)
14:40 davidnind okay..
14:41 Joubu #topic Setup an 'official' Koha YouTube channel
14:41 Topic for #koha is now Setup an 'official' Koha YouTube channel (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 April 2018)
14:41 davidnind think it would be useful to have an 'official' Koha Community channel
14:41 Joubu there is one -[…]1-kt84liiG5233BRQ
14:41 Joubu created by tcohen after the KohaCon14 in Cordoba
14:42 davidnind haven't had a chance to write an RFC
14:42 davidnind excellent video by the way!
14:42 emucla joined #koha
14:42 cait there is a mention on a koha youtube channel on the wiki page for kohacon
14:42 cait but i am not sure it eixsts/existed
14:42 kidclamp[…]wer/4628007?hl=en
14:42 davidnind lots of uses for community as a whole
14:42 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]sses_for_KohaCons
14:43 cait we also got the manual editing video from LeeJ and some others we could add
14:43 kidclamp so add to social netowrks and similar process to get aded to team? tcohen has the credentials?
14:43 cait ah oops, misread
14:44 cait how does adding to a channel work? admins tag the videos or so?
14:44 kidclamp davidnind, can you get info from tcohen and write up how it works? then team can be assembled and updated as needed on wiki?
14:44 Joubu my link was the "Koha" channel
14:44 davidnind can create play lists with source from anywhere
14:45 Joubu (misread too, forget my last comment)
14:45 cait we got one, we just have to use it - that's good news :)
14:45 davidnind yes, we should..
14:45 cait can one video be published in muliple channels?
14:46 cait Editing the manual with gitlab:
14:47 kidclamp getting long in the meeting, I think if no one is opposed david can go ahead with some work/RFC and we can move on?
14:47 davidnind important that any original videos be published to a more open platform, such as Internet Archive as well
14:47 thd cait do you mean multiple channels other than playlists?
14:47 cait I think I don't know much about Youtube :) that's ok, will check later
14:47 cait move on kidclamp
14:48 Joubu action?
14:48 davidnind agreed, so I can go back to zzzzz :-D
14:48 thd davidmind++
14:48 kidclamp #topic Merge local and online documentations (Bug 19817)
14:48 Topic for #koha is now Merge local and online documentations (Bug 19817) (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 April 2018)
14:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19817 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Merge local and online documentations
14:49 Joubu that's for me again
14:49 Joubu unless cait wants to explain? :)
14:49 cait I will try
14:49 Joubu I am a bit tired to bring this topic up :)
14:49 cait ok, at the moment the manual and the help files are too complete separate things
14:49 cait which means: they fall out of sync
14:49 cait more: translators have to translate both separately
14:50 davidnind :'(
14:50 cait so this is not ideal, especially as we don't have the time to spare
14:50 cait we worked out the suggestion to link to the manual instead of copying it into TT files
14:50 cait the patch also implements an option for having a local copy of the manual by making the URL configurable
14:51 cait there are still some glitches, we need to figure out, like how to link to the right and existing translated manual
14:51 cait the positive sides are: no more duplication, one translation to rule them all
14:51 Joubu that's almost done
14:51 DonnaB joined #koha
14:51 cait the negative sides are: for now it will not be possible to edit the help files locally any more
14:52 cait and: as we delete the current help files, those translations will be lost by linking to the documentation instead
14:52 cait I think the main questions are if we can live with those negatives
14:52 thd cait: A workaround for local editing should be found.
14:52 meliss joined #koha
14:52 Joubu => because of the lack of feedbacks which makes me think people is not interested in that and I do not want to dev something that will not be used
14:52 cait I am not sure it's used
14:52 marcelr is the online help text just deleted ?
14:52 cait at the moment your local edits are killed by the update
14:52 cait without notice
14:53 marcelr i dont mean local changes
14:53 kidclamp Joubu^
14:53 cait it's never been implemented in a clean way
14:53 kidclamp I think Joubu fell asleep :-) or is looking at portland craft beers
14:53 kidclamp #info PLease look at bug 19817 and comment if can be considered for 18.05
14:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19817 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Merge local and online documentations
14:53 Joubu kidclamp: ?
14:53 cait marcelr: with the patch the files will be deleted, yes
14:53 davidnind totally support, makes sense to me
14:53 Joubu I am around
14:53 kidclamp woops, sorty, all my messages were delayed
14:53 kidclamp just got last few minutes all at once
14:53 cait if we add something back later, we were thinkging about allowing custom pages
14:54 cait instead of actually changing th emanual
14:54 cait because that is really hard to do nicely without creating conflicts on update
14:54 cait but for now it would not be implemented
14:54 marcelr we will delete stuff in the templates that should have gone to manual too..
14:54 Joubu which will be stored in DB and survive upgrades
14:54 cait marcelr: afaik nicole only copied from manual to help files
14:54 cait and git still knows it all if the docs team needs something
14:55 thd It may be that local editing is very little used now, however, the possibility should be considered without necessarily implementing it for the prospect of it becoming a blocker to adoption by important future users.
14:55 marcelr people incl me have added in online pages
14:55 marcelr other way around..
14:55 cait docs team could check the commits to help files maybe
14:55 Joubu marcelr: me too, that was wrong :)
14:55 cait not wrong, just our situation is complicated now :)
14:56 Joubu my feeling is: we do not get feedback and so we should move on and get feedback later
14:56 cait I can talk to LeeJ about adding this to the docs kanban?
14:56 Joubu and adapt what we implemented
14:56 Joubu so question is: do we want it for 18.05 or later?
14:57 marcelr one flow is an improvement but rescuing some new docs could motivate people to keep writing docs
14:57 Joubu we did a good work on documentation in 18.05 so I feel like to should be part of 18.05
14:57 davidnind 18.05+
14:57 cait my feeling is yes
14:57 cait 18.05++
14:57 cait i think looking at the commits and proting them over would also be a good beginners task maybe
14:57 cait for docs team
14:57 josef_moravec I am for 18.05 too
14:57 kidclamp 18.05++
14:58 cait i will beo n qa until freezes, but can try and help after
14:58 marcelr 18.05
14:58 cait[…]035d4d8348ad108dc
14:58 Joubu I will be available to improve and implement what is missing, if someone asks for something
14:59 cait it's some, but not that many in total since nicole left
14:59 laurence left #koha
14:59 Joubu ok thanks, then you can SO and QA and I will push ;)
14:59 cait kidclamp: action me for talking to LeeJ plz?
15:00 ashimema joined #koha
15:00 kidclamp #action cait will touch base with LeeJ re 19817
15:00 kidclamp moving on?
15:00 cait +1
15:01 mtompset joined #koha
15:01 kidclamp #topic MARC Holdings Records RFC
15:01 Topic for #koha is now MARC Holdings Records RFC (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 April 2018)
15:01 kidclamp ere_away?
15:01 cait i added it :)
15:01 cait ere was asking about feedback on the mailing list
15:02 cait we are currently working on a program to sync Koha holdings with our union catlaog and we miss the holdings level
15:02 mtompset #info Mark Tompsett
15:02 cait i think an optional holdings level is a good idea for that kind of thing and would like to ask people to give feedback
15:02 davidnind https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]dings_Records_RFC
15:02 cait especially if you have worked with MARC holdings records - maybe in other ILS
15:02 cait thx davidnind
15:02 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]dings_Records_RFC Holdings RFC
15:02 mtompset So is the idea of holdings to allow the integration of multiple kinds of holdings? UNIMARC, MARC21, whatever?
15:03 Freddy_Enrique any tips of how I can accomplish this?  I mean, adding a page to my opac interface
15:03 Freddy_Enrique
15:03 cait marc holdings records goes between items and records
15:03 cait it's a structural thing
15:03 Freddy_Enrique please, I see it really useful
15:03 oleonard Freddy_Enrique: We are in the middle of a meeting right now
15:03 * mtompset points to the topic line above.
15:03 Freddy_Enrique ups, sorry
15:04 cait #link MARC21 for Holdings Data (MFHD)
15:04 cait you use the holdings format of your marc format
15:04 cait that wouldn't change
15:04 cait if you use marc21 - you have hodlings in marc21
15:05 cait UNIMARC has holdings too -[…]oldingsFormat.pdf
15:05 cait it's more like a summary record that can group items, or for records without items make a statement of what your holdings are
15:05 cait often they are used for serials
15:06 cait hope that made sense
15:06 cait all from me, if there are no questions :)
15:06 thd mtompset: Are you proposing to also encompass the bugbear of serials pattern holdings?
15:06 davidnind cait++
15:06 * mtompset shrugs, "I'm not a librarian. I didn't understand the purpose of the concept."
15:06 cait it's designed ot be optional, but i guess you could catalog them, if you wanted to
15:06 thd I did not see mention of serials in any description.
15:07 cait but it's not supposed to be used by serials module in the rfc
15:07 kidclamp #info respond on the list or comment on the RFC or poke cait  for more discussion of holdings :-)
15:07 mtompset I just noticed "marcflavour" in the table suggestions, and thought it might be a cool way to Z39.50 from differing sources (UNIMARC and MARC21)
15:07 cait better poke ere_away
15:07 cait just trying to move things along :)
15:08 kidclamp #info or poke Ere about the Holdings RFC
15:08 cait mtompset: i think that's a copy from the biblio_metadata
15:08 kidclamp anything else, or next meeting?
15:08 mtompset Oh, okay.
15:08 Joubu should not we email the general mailing list as well?
15:08 cait kidclamp: +1
15:09 kidclamp April 18, 2018 20 UTC?
15:09 thd mtompset: Koha is built at installation with only one marcflavour which is not as flexible as it could/should be one day.
15:09 cait Joubu: i am not sure which list it was on
15:09 Joubu kidclamp: nope it's general meeting now, +1m
15:09 kidclamp ah, thnaks joubu
15:10 kidclamp May 4th, 2018 20 UTC?
15:10 Joubu cait: it has been sent to koha-devel only
15:10 cait may the force...
15:10 Joubu kidclamp: why a Friday? :)
15:11 Joubu should be May 2nd I think
15:11 * kidclamp needs more coffe
15:11 kidclamp May 2nd, 2018 20 UTC?
15:11 Joubu yep
15:11 Joubu or 21
15:11 thd 21
15:11 * Joubu never knows
15:12 thd Where can I vote for 21 now?
15:12 kidclamp 21 is fine
15:12 cait usually first wedneday
15:12 kidclamp 21 is 9am for NZ, so probably good
15:12 thd 21 is still a problem but 20 is worst.
15:12 Joubu #info Next meeting: 2 May 2018, 21 UTC
15:13 kidclamp Joubu++
15:13 davidnind Is good![…]iso=20180502T2100
15:13 Joubu #endmeeting
15:13 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:13 huginn Meeting ended Wed Apr  4 15:13:09 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:13 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-04-14.02.html
15:13 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-04-04-14.02.txt
15:13 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]04-14.02.log.html
15:13 thd ... for me of course.
15:13 davidnind kidclamp++
15:13 mtompset And now for my cheer: 68 sign-offs!
15:13 cait davidnind++ #getting up and staying awake at a terrible meeting time
15:13 mtompset M-F every M-F this year.
15:14 mtompset Finally caught up.
15:14 thd Joubu: Remind me of the IRC meeting times preferences  survey location please.
15:14 Joubu it's off
15:14 davidnind no worries!
15:14 davidnind thanks cait
15:14 oleonard Freddy_Enrique: I think this may be what you're looking for: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]iki/Koha_as_a_CMS
15:15 Freddy_Enrique Koha as CMS, I see
15:16 Freddy_Enrique interesting feature indeed, a little complex. Let see how it goes
15:16 kidclamp I think the poll is gone thd
15:16 kidclamp
15:18 oleonard kidclamp++
15:18 oleonard Thanks for chairing
15:18 oleonard Joubu++
15:18 oleonard Thanks for release managing
15:18 thd That is unfortunate.  I think it was more helpful than previous efforts at devising good meeting times.
15:19 cait kidclamp++
15:19 Freddy_Enrique kidclamp++
15:22 davidnind left #koha
15:23 Joubu thd: poll has been created on Oct 19th 2016 and was called "Poll: Next dev meeting"
15:23 Joubu answered were expected quickly, not ~18months later
15:24 Joubu but it's a general Koha community syndrom, do not worry
15:24 thd Joubu: I did answer but time and circumstances change.
15:25 JoshB joined #koha
15:25 thd Joubu: A few weeks ago there was a change for me between daylight savings time.
15:27 thd Joubu: I suggest that encouraging people to update such a poll continuously as various peoples local clock settings and other circumstances change would be useful.
15:27 Joubu thd: a useful poll would be: "Give us the time slots you could be available for meetings, and your timezone"
15:28 Joubu with enough answers we could guess the best 2 slots during the whole year, DST included
15:32 thd DST varies by country.  My more important point was that my circumstances changed such that times which were good for me when I previously answered the poll are different because of my schedule changing independently of issues such as time zone and DST.
15:34 cait I don't think that an indivual poll for each meeting is feasable
15:34 thd cait: :)
15:35 cait the result will be that people will miss meetings
15:35 cait and because some are 'lonely' in their timezone, they shoudl not forever be punished for it by not being in the majority
15:35 Joubu thd: are you going to start such initiative?
15:36 thd cait: I certainly did not mean for each meeting but for tracking changes over time.
15:36 thd Joubu: The starting point should be the old data.
15:37 Joubu no, they are wrong, timezones are missing
15:37 thd I would not after the success of such a poll restart the process, merely maintain it for periodic re-examination.
15:38 thd Joubu:  However, I could discover the time zones for almost every previous participant.
15:39 reiveune bye
15:39 reiveune left #koha
15:41 Joubu thd: data are lost
15:42 thd cait: I take your point well and know that inevitably at least the general meeting is one I will miss about half the time :(
15:43 fridolin1 left #koha
15:45 thd Joubu: At least at this time, I do not propose to restart the effort so soon as there have been probably too few schedule shifts amongst likely participants to make any substantive difference.
15:45 jbeno joined #koha
15:47 Joubu ok, so my suggestion would be to alternate between 14/21 UTC (and we do not need to bring the discussion every 2 weeks)
15:47 thd Joubu: I commend you for your good efforts with the poll which was more helpful than what we had informing any previous efforts about time zones.
15:57 thd Joubu: Sorry for the distraction.  I think the reason the time issue has come up most recently is that DST has changed over the past month or so differently for different countries and there has been some uncertainty about whether 20 or 21 is favoured presently.
16:44 indradg joined #koha
16:46 meliss joined #koha
16:47 JoshB joined #koha
17:22 cait joined #koha
17:59 andrew joined #koha
18:00 * oleonard wonders if Bug 20520 is going to get him into trouble
18:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20520 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Re-indent
18:02 kidclamp joined #koha
18:03 Joubu oleonard: you should wait for to be back to check
18:04 oleonard Yes, I'd hate for an unrebased patch from 2014 to get in my way ;)
18:08 oleonard Sure would be cool if Bugzilla had splitter built into it.
18:13 tuxayo oleonard++
18:13 tuxayo thanks for the cleanup :)
18:19 * oleonard checks the commit message for the latest update to the qa tools
18:19 oleonard "Make sure oleonard's commit messages are correctly formatted"
18:19 oleonard Fair enough.
18:20 oleonard Joubu++
18:20 Joubu you are not the only one :)
18:21 Joubu but now, no more excuse :)
18:28 Joubu @later tell khall could you answer bug 20325 comment 4 please?
18:28 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
18:31 andrew joined #koha
18:39 Joubu @later tell fridolin did you write the patches on bug 17373?
18:39 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
18:39 Joubu @later tell alex_a did you write the patches on bug 17373?
18:39 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
18:44 mtompset joined #koha
18:47 Joubu kidclamp: you missed bug 20229 for 17.11.x
18:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20229 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Remove problematic SQL modes
18:48 kidclamp Joubu, is safe to backport? will do so shortly
18:49 Joubu kidclamp: it will avoid people to modify dbms config to specify the sql mode
18:50 Joubu so yes it should be safe
18:59 oleonard Bye all
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19910: Use span to make translators happy <[…]a747c99af2bcf2e5d>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20115: Add information about this feature in the pref descriptions <[…]6494e7e0f298e27e1>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19223: Add methods to correctly handle plugin-generated output <[…]d9ff154f670f27560>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19223: Unit tests for output and output_html methods <[…]0077aeda82dddc1c1>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20115: Remove sort on rfc4646_subtag in OPAC templates <[…]98afa9f1126634934>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20115: Trigger "modified" when sort is changed <[…]70fe07b5ff4dc9d80>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20115: Make the prefs sortable <[…]7a18f82336e6d53c7>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20115: Set the languages order with the pref values <[…]a2f89cf723277a3c5>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20083: (follow-up) use same logic in opac-showmarc <[…]d78648a6c41827f03>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20083: Information disclosure when (mis)using the MARC Preview feature <[…]3a37ce7a9aa715c3c>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20008: Fix restrictions added from if TimeFormat is 12hr <[…]eb8e87ac02b40917e>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19953: Record page: acquisition details: add column for invoice <[…]08cc90fa91cd1ef58>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19910: Use the delimiter syspref to name download link <[…]89ecd5ded88dc3d85>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19812: Fix confusing holds count values in "Already received" table <[…]f8ed50ec1ad2f0029>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19578: Remove MARC punctuation in notices (TT syntax) <[…]a359aef4df952944a>
19:07 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19267: Rancor - Warn before leaving page if record modified <[…]dbcfc0965499b15a8>
19:31 Joubu tcohen: bug 20521
19:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20521 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , dev installations should run with problematic SQL modes
19:36 indradg joined #koha
19:36 kellym joined #koha
19:40 andrew joined #koha
19:45 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #419: UNSTABLE in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/419/
19:45 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19223: Unit tests for output and output_html methods
19:45 jenkins * Tomás Cohen Arazi: Bug 19223: Add methods to correctly handle plugin-generated output
19:45 jenkins * arouss1980: Bug 20083: Information disclosure when (mis)using the MARC Preview
19:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19223 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Add helper methods to plugins to output headers correctly
19:45 jenkins * mtompset: Bug 20083: (follow-up) use same logic in opac-showmarc
19:45 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19578: Remove MARC punctuation in notices (TT syntax)
19:45 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20115: Set the languages order with the pref values
19:45 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20115: Make the prefs sortable
19:45 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20115: Trigger "modified" when sort is changed
19:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20083 normal, P3, ---, arouss1980, Pushed to Stable , Information disclosure when (mis)using the MARC Preview feature
19:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19578 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , TT syntax for notices - There is no way to pre-process DB fields
19:45 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20115: Remove sort on rfc4646_subtag in OPAC templates
19:45 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 20115: Add information about this feature in the pref descriptions
19:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20115 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Languages appear in a different order in the footer
19:45 jenkins * kyle: Bug 20008: Fix restrictions added from if TimeFormat is
19:45 jenkins * Nick Clemens: Bug 19910: Use the delimiter syspref to name download link
19:45 jenkins * Jonathan Druart: Bug 19910: Use span to make translators happy
19:45 jenkins * kyle: Bug 19812: Fix confusing holds count values in "Already received" table
19:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20008 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Restrictions added from have expiration date ignored if TimeFormat is 12hr
19:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19910 normal, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Master , Download report as 'Comma separated' is misleading
19:45 jenkins * jweaver: Bug 19267: Rancor - Warn before leaving page if record modified
19:45 jenkins * victor.grousset: Bug 19953: Record page: acquisition details: add column for invoice
19:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19812 minor, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Holds count in "Already received" table has confusing and unexpected values
19:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19267 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to Master , Advanced Editor - Rancor - Add warning before leaving page if there are unsaved modifications
19:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19953 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, victor.grousset, Pushed to Master , Record page: acquisition details: add column for invoice
19:46 Joubu @later tell oleonard about bug 19474, the wiki page does not explain *why* we need that
19:46 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:47 Joubu tcohen: please please please put bug 20191 on top of your todo list
19:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20191 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED , OAI/Server.t still fails on slow servers
19:48 Joubu (or I am going to remove these OAI tests once and for all)
19:48 * Joubu is locked in an IRC dimension with jenkins only
19:49 Joubu @later tell tcohen: please please please put bug 20191 on top of your todo list (or I am going to remove these OAI tests once and for all)
19:49 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
19:55 * cait enters dimension with a plop
19:55 cait bug 20191
19:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20191 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED , OAI/Server.t still fails on slow servers
20:12 kathryn joined #koha
20:17 mtompset joined #koha
20:19 bshum joined #koha
20:26 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:29 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
20:48 kellym joined #koha
20:55 JesseM joined #koha
20:56 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
21:25 CrispyBran joined #koha
21:39 Kafilini joined #koha
21:48 JoshB left #koha
22:12 alexbuckley joined #koha
22:45 mtompset Does anyone know what 'stress -c 4' is?
23:27 JoshB joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary