IRC log for #koha, 2017-08-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 papa joined #koha
00:06 caboose-afk joined #koha
00:24 * kidclamp waves
00:27 * edveal waves back
00:28 * Francesca waves
00:31 kellym joined #koha
00:31 kellym left #koha
00:31 irma joined #koha
00:49 BobB joined #koha
01:02 edveal kidblamp are you working late?
01:03 wizzyrea you know what we need, should have
01:03 wizzyrea the ability to reset the notices to default.
01:03 wizzyrea the content of the notices
01:03 wizzyrea so say you've gone and borked up your notices with TT
01:03 wizzyrea but you can't get back to where you started
01:03 wizzyrea "reset to default" would be amazing.
01:03 edveal Yes it would wizzyrea
01:04 kidclamp I am edveal, working from my mom's house
01:04 wizzyrea aside, I now have a quickslip that says different stuff based on borrower category :P
01:04 edveal kidclamp I guess vacation is over?
01:04 kidclamp file that as a big, shouldn't be too hard
01:04 kidclamp indeed
01:04 wizzyrea if I were at my mom's house, I'd rather be working than socialising :P
01:05 kidclamp a bug, not a big bug
01:05 kidclamp I drank all the beer, what is left to do but work
01:05 wizzyrea can't talk mom, gotta work *hic*
01:06 tcohen joined #koha
01:10 Francesca joined #koha
01:36 Francesca joined #koha
02:01 Francesca joined #koha
02:11 Francesca joined #koha
04:41 Francesca joined #koha
05:04 cait joined #koha
05:47 alexbuckley joined #koha
05:48 josef_moravec joined #koha
05:54 Francesca joined #koha
05:58 khall joined #koha
06:15 LibraryClaire joined #koha
06:29 laurence joined #koha
07:17 Kafilini joined #koha
07:17 jajm hello
07:19 AndrewIsh joined #koha
07:20 wilfrid joined #koha
07:22 alex_a joined #koha
07:22 reiveune joined #koha
07:22 alex_a bonjour
07:22 wahanui salut, alex_a
07:22 reiveune hello
07:29 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:30 gaetan_B hello
07:50 sophie_m joined #koha
07:51 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:57 * magnuse waves
08:08 cait joined #koha
08:27 magnuse kia ora cait!
08:36 cait kia ora magnuse :)
08:47 Francesca joined #koha
08:59 Bmagic_ joined #koha
09:18 greenjimll Question to the assembled masses: is there a way of referring to SQL reports by name rather than ID when using the SVC URLs to get JSON output back?
09:20 cait yes
09:20 greenjimll So instead of:[…]/svc/report?id=43 you could use[…]?name=SuperReport
09:20 cait let me find it
09:20 greenjimll cait: great - thanks!
09:21 cait hm name should work
09:22 cait /cgi-bin/koha/svc/report?nam​e=Print_SysPref&annotated=1 is one of mine
09:22 cait annotated will control if the column names are included i think
09:22 cait it's useful when you want to address the field, working with JavaScript
09:22 greenjimll cait: Ah, must have been me being stupid then - I'd thought I'd tried that and it didn't work! Time to try again. Thanks. :-)
09:23 cait also be careful
09:23 cait if the report is not set to 'public' (which you shuldn't do for any containing patron information), then you need to use the intranet url
09:23 cait and if it's public the opac url
09:24 greenjimll Yes, these reports aren't public so its passing username/password in over HTTPS to get access. I'm using SQL reports to get the data to feed our purchase predictor system.
09:24 cait ah ok
09:24 cait i haven't done the auth part yet
09:24 greenjimll The auth part works fine. :-)
09:24 cait for us the file is on the same server as kind of a report
09:25 cait so the users logged into Koha first anyway, then it will also work
09:25 greenjimll Our koha is hosted by PTFS, but the reading list system (homegrown) is hosted here so I needed an easy way to extract data from Koha. SQL reports JSON API is great.
09:25 cait PTFS Europe?
09:25 wahanui it has been said that PTFS Europe is another company located in the uk
09:26 greenjimll Yep.
09:26 alexbuckley joined #koha
09:26 cait cool
09:26 cait alexbuckley did you see my answers to your pm?
09:28 alexbuckley hi cait, no I didn;t sorry as my connection timed out
09:29 cait resent :)
09:30 alexbuckley thanks :)
09:33 cait hope it makes sense
10:12 papa joined #koha
10:28 laurence left #koha
10:35 khall_ joined #koha
11:11 Tylathos joined #koha
11:11 Tylathos Hey #koha
11:22 khall joined #koha
11:25 edveal joined #koha
11:28 meliss joined #koha
11:51 nengard joined #koha
12:01 atheia joined #koha
12:09 tcohen joined #koha
12:27 jzairo joined #koha
12:33 caboose joined #koha
12:35 kidclamp joined #koha
12:39 kellym joined #koha
12:45 aslak joined #koha
12:45 oleonard joined #koha
12:48 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:49 oleonard Any ByWater folks awake?
12:53 jzairo hi oleonard
12:53 wahanui hi dear loon
12:57 magnuse oleonard: khall, perhaps?
12:57 magnuse hei aslak!
12:57 khall oleonard: on it ; )
13:01 khall oleonard: back up. looks like apache upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4 but the qos module was enabled and only works on 2.2. Disabling fixed everything. I'll let larry know in case some follow work needs done
13:06 Joubu @later tell tcohen why do we have api tests failing? Did you update the mojo packages?
13:06 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
13:08 tcohen joined #koha
13:08 tcohen morning
13:09 magnuse kia ora tcohen
13:10 tcohen @later tell Joubu maybe drojf updated the master packages and a regular upgrade on the nodes updated Mojolicious
13:10 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
13:10 tcohen hi magnuse
13:10 wahanui kamelåså
13:10 magnuse :-)
13:11 tcohen @later tell Joubu yes, that error is because of Mojolicious version
13:11 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
13:11 tcohen ashimema: have you tried making that code fail?
13:11 ashimema sorry.. what code?
13:12 tcohen bug 18137
13:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18137 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, Passed QA , REST API: Migrate from Mojolicious::Plugin::Swagger2 to Mojolicious::Plugin::OpenAPI
13:12 tcohen the one you commented
13:12 ashimema not really yet
13:12 ashimema was just doing a code review
13:12 tcohen have you scheduled some time to do it?
13:13 tcohen :D
13:13 ashimema currently as we're rendering as json as opposed to using the openapi renderer then it won't be validating it. ;)
13:13 ashimema of course.. that might be deliberate
13:13 ashimema well.. so far it all looks solid to me
13:13 ashimema and I've run it through it's paces underneath the stock rotation patches that depend on it
13:13 Joubu tcohen: tests for stable releases will fail as well then...
13:13 ashimema so I'm pretty happy it's solid.. that was the only comment I could come up with ;)
13:14 Joubu that's what we are trying to avoid for a week
13:14 tcohen Joubu: I know, I'll take a look
13:14 lari ashimema: i remember having some issue with it and i resorted to using "json" instead.
13:14 lari ashimema: you can try and see what happens if you change it to openapi :)
13:14 tcohen that's why I created the docker environment to start with
13:14 * ashimema has been up to his ass in websockets this last couple of weeks
13:14 lari can't remember the issue anymore
13:14 ashimema interesting lari.. thanks
13:14 ashimema Ill give it a punt
13:15 marcelr joined #koha
13:15 marcelr hi #koha
13:15 lari probably because it was in the "under" part and maybe it had some trouble loading schema...... no idea :)
13:15 tcohen hi marcelr
13:15 marcelr o/
13:16 * ashimema now has websockets that seem to be scaling properly.. gone from supporting 8 concurrent connections (which is crap).. to 640 which isn't so bad :)
13:17 oleonard khall++
13:17 oleonard jzairo++
13:23 kmlussier joined #koha
13:28 alex_a joined #koha
13:28 khall joined #koha
13:30 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 19163: Critical typo in stage-marc-import process <[…]45375f48a3e2ad236>
13:32 magnuse so should IndependentBranches = Yes prevent me from *seeing* patrons at other branches than my own, or just prevent me from editing them?
13:33 magnuse ashimema: turning yourself into a cyborg, one websocket at a time?
13:34 blou joined #koha
13:38 Joubu magnuse: only edit iirc, but see also bug 18403
13:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18403 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Hide patron information if not part of the logged in user library group
13:39 magnuse Joubu: i had connected the user to the wrong library, which explains why i was seeing patrons from another library than i expected.
13:39 rsantellan joined #koha
13:39 rsantellan good morning #koha
13:39 magnuse the user can only see patrons from his/her own library
13:47 hagud joined #koha
13:47 hagud #info Hugo Agud (Orex)
13:48 mtompset joined #koha
13:48 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
13:48 mtompset Meeting in 12 minutes, correct?
13:48 hagud yes
13:53 talljoy joined #koha
13:54 mveron joined #koha
13:54 mveron Hi again #koha
14:00 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 23 August 2017
14:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Aug 23 14:00:02 2017 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 August 2017)
14:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_23_august_2017'
14:00 Joubu #topic Introductions
14:00 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
14:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 August 2017)
14:00 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:00 mtompset #info Mark Tompsett
14:00 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
14:00 hagud #info Hugo Agud
14:00 mveron #info Marc Véron, Switzerland
14:01 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_23_August_2017
14:01 Joubu The agenda is empty, it should be a quick one
14:01 mtompset Perhaps. :)
14:02 thd joined #koha
14:02 atheia #info Alex Sassmannshausen, PTFS Europe
14:02 Tylathos joined #koha
14:02 Tylathos Hey #koha
14:02 mtompset I was curious how to get 19040 in the next release, and perhaps hold off on 14385.
14:02 edveal joined #koha
14:02 * atheia waves
14:02 Joubu #topic Announcements
14:02 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 August 2017)
14:02 Joubu Anyone have something?
14:03 tcohen yes
14:03 tcohen i've put some pieces together to come up with koha-testing-docker
14:03 tcohen and I need help with that
14:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Aogme, New York City
14:03 tcohen #link
14:03 mtompset Sorry I haven't gotten back to the, tcohen.
14:03 mtompset ^the^that^
14:04 Joubu what kind of help do you need?
14:04 tcohen #info there's a new tiny project called koha-testing-docker aimed to ease running the test suite on jenkins, tcohen asks for help
14:04 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy
14:04 tcohen I'm facing a weird situation in which things work on my local machine (of course)
14:04 tcohen but they fail on the debian 8 node ByWater provided
14:04 tcohen I've managed to solve some of them with some UID tricks
14:05 Joubu the zebra- related failures?
14:05 tcohen volume mounted with a different UID, etc
14:05 tcohen yes
14:05 tcohen all I ask is people familiar to docker take a look
14:05 mtompset because you didn't start zebra.
14:05 mtompset -- last I looked.
14:05 tcohen mtompset: the tests are supposed to launch zebra on their own
14:06 tcohen but yeah, might be related to that
14:06 khall joined #koha
14:06 tcohen I filed an issue on the issue tracker on github, comment in there your ideas please
14:06 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Geramny
14:06 tcohen #link[…]-docker/issues/17
14:06 tcohen the next step is to branch koha-testing-docker for each stable branch
14:07 tcohen so each branch has its own context to run tests
14:07 tcohen as the RM requested :-D
14:07 mtompset continue to nag me, it is higher in my TO DO list, and I may forget, given that I don't maintain it electronically. :)
14:07 tcohen thanks mtompset, looking forward to your feedback
14:07 tcohen Joubu: that¿s all by me
14:07 Joubu anything else?
14:07 mtompset As I mentioned, I am working on 19040 and 14385.
14:08 Joubu mtompset: keep your topic for the general dev discussion later
14:08 Joubu ;)
14:08 mtompset Okay.
14:08 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (17.11)
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (17.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 August 2017)
14:08 Joubu nothing to highlight, I am in holiday :D
14:08 tcohen mtompset: refactor GetMarcBiblio??????????
14:08 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 August 2017)
14:08 cait Joubu: when are you back? :)
14:08 Joubu end Thursday
14:08 cait We are about to do a security release - hopefully today or tomorrow
14:09 Joubu hard to sync Rmaints :)
14:10 Joubu frido is not around, mtj ?
14:10 cait yes a bit, espeically during vacation time
14:10 Joubu certainly too late/early for him
14:10 cait you never know with mtj
14:10 cait otherwise nothing much new - trying to stick to schedule :)
14:10 Joubu #info stable releases should be done in the next few days
14:11 Joubu cait: something else?
14:11 wahanui something else is doing that, before you ran my rebuild
14:11 cait we are still finding some bad bugs, please all keep an eye on the project health on the dashboard
14:11 cait and sign off / test etc
14:12 * mtompset is away from keyboard 60 seconds.
14:12 Joubu #info Pick bugs to SO/QAfrom the dashboard
14:12 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
14:12 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 August 2017)
14:12 marcelr huge queue !
14:12 Joubu marcelr, tcohen ?
14:12 Joubu jajm: ?
14:13 marcelr what about  the xss patches , Joubu ?
14:13 jajm Joubu, !
14:13 marcelr do we adjust templates or take another road ?
14:13 Joubu marcelr: they are pushed to the security repo, we are syncing with Rmaints to push the branch to this repo, then release all together
14:13 Joubu you can considered the PQA ones as pushed to master
14:13 marcelr we still have a number in the SO queue
14:14 jajm Joubu, i haven't done much QA lately, so no updates
14:14 tcohen Joubu: I'm trying to split my daily hours between devs and QA, I'm trying to focus on some big devs now
14:15 Joubu marcelr: I do not know what could be a better approach than the one-by-one fixes
14:15 tcohen while taking care of urgent ones
14:15 tcohen bbl
14:15 marcelr ok
14:16 Joubu Then, are we aiming 200 bugs waiting for QA before end of August?
14:16 marcelr should be possible :)
14:16 Joubu ok, let's try that
14:17 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:17 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 August 2017)
14:17 Joubu mtompset: ?
14:17 mtompset Now? :)
14:17 mtompset Bug 19040 and bug 14385
14:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19040 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , Refactor C4::Biblio::GetMarcBiblio
14:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14385 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Extend OpacHiddenItems to allow specifying exempt borrower categories
14:17 mtompset I'm still working on 14385... it's huge.
14:17 mtompset bug 19040 is a refactor of the parameters to GetMarcBiblio
14:18 mtompset I'd like to see it in the November Release... because it is hard to keep checking to make sure people don't add the old style of parameters.
14:18 Joubu I'd call that "change prototype of GetMarcBiblio", instead of refactoring :)
14:18 mtompset Good idea, less scary.
14:19 Joubu but anyway, why do we need that?
14:19 mtompset OpacHiddenItemsExceptions
14:19 Joubu there is only 2 parameters
14:19 Joubu are
14:19 mtompset 14385 needs the borrower category.
14:19 mtompset GetMarcBiblio can call GetHiddenItemnumbers
14:20 Joubu getmarcbiblio will take a patron category parameter?
14:20 cait Joubu: so are more patches to XSS welcome?
14:20 mtompset Yes, in order to pass it to GetHiddenItemnumbers
14:20 mtompset Hence the change to a hash.
14:21 Joubu mtompset: I will not have time to check 14385 but I am ok to push 19040, that should not hurt
14:21 mtompset I don't expect 14385 to make November.
14:22 mtompset It is too huge and changes lots, so it needs thorough testing.
14:22 Joubu cait: yes, if you like, but I would prefer someone to focus on a more general approach, or at least with a real plan to get rid of them completely
14:22 cait I'd try to do it page by page
14:23 Joubu mtompset: so I guess the next step will be to send cookies to QAers
14:24 mtompset QAers, If you'd like gifts, please give me addresses. ;)
14:24 Joubu cait: yes, but it is a huge work, and we need to agree on a plan. And you will need help as well, it is not a work for just one person
14:24 blou mtompset: change makes sense, but isn't it less stressful to just create new function (copy of GetMarcBiblio), and change them and test them one by one?
14:24 wahanui blou: that doesn't look right
14:24 Joubu #info mtompset is willing to send gifts to QAers
14:24 mtompset Joubu: As for cait's inquiry about the XSS stuff, is that related to the bug you posted?
14:24 blou thanks wahanui
14:25 marcelr mtompset: the queue is full of those
14:25 marcelr sec patches
14:25 mtompset No, no... Joubu created a CGI wrapper.
14:25 mtompset for a params call.
14:25 marcelr and obsoleted it already ?
14:26 Joubu I obsoleted the patch
14:26 Joubu especially because I do not have time to focus on that currently
14:26 Joubu I tried 2 years ago and had to rebase a huge patch for months. I really do not want to try it again
14:27 Joubu (bug 13816)
14:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13816 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , Set Overdue letter fine to the overduerules
14:27 Joubu bug 13618
14:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13618 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
14:28 Joubu xss: I still think that the solution is 13618 (escape everything by default), then remove the filter when it is not needed.
14:28 Joubu And also focus on some scripts that display thousand of variables
14:29 Joubu another discussion?
14:29 marcelr just mentioning bug 19096
14:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19096 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Koha to MARC mappings (Part 2): Make Default authoritative
14:29 mtompset Related to that, I'd love to see OPAC pages refactors to have the filtered record passed to it, and the page grab the information from the record, rather than thousands of variables.
14:30 marcelr we just need to go thru a few templates ;)
14:31 mtompset marcelr: ha ha... not the behinds the scene mess I've seen with 14385. :)
14:32 cait i am a little late
14:32 cait but can I make a late announcement? :)
14:32 mtompset BTW, marcelr -- when you hit a false positive, why not increase the POD coverage elsewhere? :)
14:32 mtompset cait: sure. :)
14:32 cait We are planning a Documentation Meeting to talk about all things manual
14:33 thd mtompset: We need a more abstracted form of a record or set of assertions.
14:33 cait thx to Joubu there is a patch that will fix the help files in Koha to make them point to the new 17.11 manual
14:33 cait and there is also patches arleady pushed from him to fix the inter-manual links in the manual
14:33 cait so Joubu++
14:33 mtompset thd: True, but just one extractable data set, not thousands of variables. :)
14:33 cait #info Documentation IRC Meeting is planned for August 31, 21 UTC - email to the mailing list will be sent soon
14:34 Joubu and bug 18817
14:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18817 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Screenshots not appearing in the manual linked to the Help tab
14:34 Joubu bug's title is wrong
14:34 cait yes, I think we need to change the title :)
14:34 Joubu but here is the one
14:34 cait it just means fixing to point to the new sphinx manual
14:34 cait QA plese qa
14:35 Joubu #info bug 18817 (fix manual links) needs QA
14:35 cait more at the meeting
14:35 Joubu thx
14:35 Joubu anything else?
14:35 Joubu 5 more sec
14:35 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
14:35 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 23 August 2017)
14:36 Joubu should be september 6, 22 UTC, right?
14:36 Joubu #info Next meeting: September 6, 22 UTC
14:36 thd mtompset: The trend for replacing records by a set of RDF statements for bibliographic exchange standard is moving  is moving closer to the direction of thousands of variables.
14:36 Joubu #endmeeting
14:36 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is | kanban is[…]rm-1711/wiki/home
14:36 huginn Meeting ended Wed Aug 23 14:36:44 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:36 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-08-23-14.00.html
14:36 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-08-23-14.00.txt
14:36 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]23-14.00.log.html
14:37 Joubu thx all, bye #koha
14:37 mveron Joubu++
14:38 cait Joubu++
14:38 mtompset thd: But you can encapsulate those variables in a single object/hash, and not need to pass thousands of variables to template files. That's what I'm talking about.
14:38 * mveron has to go to an other meeting
14:39 thd mtompset: Yes, passing an object encapsulating things would be nicer.
14:40 Joubu see also bug 18789, same for patrons :)
14:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18789 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, BLOCKED , Send a Koha::Patron object to the templates
14:40 thd Is there not some difficulty passing some types of hashes to functions in Perl?
14:41 mtompset it would also solve the problem where some code uses unfiltered data in one place, but filtered data in another.
14:41 mtompset hashes of hashes can really get... hashy.
14:42 mtompset especially if you mix hashes and hash refs interchangably.
14:42 eythian that doesn't make sense
14:42 eythian a structure can only contain scalars, which includes hashrefs and arrayrefs
14:42 eythian you can't put hashes into something without them being a hashref.
14:43 thd Yes, that is it once you include hash subsidiarity Perl is no longer your friend at a low level.
14:43 thd s/low/high/
14:43 mtompset s/high/any/ ;)
14:44 * mtompset is just jesting.
14:46 thd Some other languages do not require complicated object reference workarounds for accessing data in the form of hashes of hashes.
14:46 eythian it's not complicated really, in fact perl takes the complication away from you.
14:47 eythian $foo->{a}{b}{c} is how you address things
14:47 eythian the only dereference is the ->, b
14:47 eythian , because our initial variable is a reference, which doesn't have to be true
14:48 thd eyhian: However, I have been troubled when passing such objects back and forth between functions in Perl.
14:48 eythian then you must have been doing it wrong, because it's always fine to say "blah($foo->{a})" to something expecting a hashref.
14:50 eythian It can get annoying when some functions expect a ref and others expect a hash, but that's just because different types are different.
14:50 eythian (Perl 6 tidies that up a bit.)
14:50 thd eythian: Yes, I was doing it wrong for Perl when forgetting that in Perl it does not work as 'transparently' as it does in some other languages.
14:52 eythian many languages don't have a distinction: they hide the references from you.
14:52 eythian This makes certain nice things impossible.
14:53 eythian %args = (verbose => 1, path => '/whatever'); foo(%args);
14:53 eythian for example
14:55 thd eythian: Why should a language prohibit such usage?
14:56 eythian because it often doesn't fit the model very well. If you think of perl parameters as just passing around lists, and having @foo or %foo as being able to expand into a list, then it becomes a lot more straightfoward.
14:58 tcohen_afk mtompset: 'objects'
14:58 eythian when you roll in list flattening, it means you can do %x = (thing => 1, $cond ? ( otherthing => 2 ) : ()); which can be useful, too.
15:01 TGoat joined #koha
15:02 * thd expects all programming languages to pass hashes with the full complexity of the world without having to become a flat earther to fit the language paradigm for mapping as required by the language at times.
15:02 thd :)
15:02 tcohen eythian: I agree it can be useful in some situations, but the idea is to stop building hashes to pass the templates :-D
15:04 thd tcohen: Flattening my mind to accommodate can be uncomfortable :)
15:05 thd Retuning to sleep will now flatten my mind nicely ...
15:05 eythian thd: then you should tend towards using references, which is pretty much standard anyway as you can avoid making copies and so it's sometimes slighly faster.
15:07 eythian and jamming a % on the front makes it behave like a hash.
15:11 eythian tcohen: I'd like a system where the template queries endpoints in the system for data
15:11 eythian so, inverted from the normal model
15:11 thd My mistake is expecting a higher degree of portability between code written in different languages.  I cannot very easily take the functions I have written in Python or PHP for complex objects and have them function easily in Perl without significant modification.
15:11 tcohen of course, that's why I'm pushing for the REST api completion :-D
15:12 eythian thd: yeah, you can never assume that. My LISP code also won't work in a BASIC interpreter.
15:13 thd I have often been able to merely change the syntax but not for the really 'good' parts.
15:15 eythian <-- note: your LISP code may work in perl 6.
15:15 LibraryClaire left #koha
15:18 rocio joined #koha
15:20 eythian tcohen: while REST api is good for that too, I was thinking more internally. So, the template attempts to use something, and that runs code during the template build that fetches the data.
15:20 eythian It'd be a lot cleaner and you wouldn't have crap you're generating for the template that it doesn't actually use hanging around.
15:20 eythian like always happens normally
15:21 thd I will now dream of a world where Perl 6 would have its improvements and also be backwards compatible with Perl 5.
15:21 eythian you can already use Perl 5 modules from Perl 6
15:22 eythian (also python modules)
15:22 eythian (and many other things)
15:23 tcohen eythian: we are currently getting rid of lots of the code on the .pl scripts thanks to the new OO classes, so the .pl scripts should be more and more simple. I guess while we stick to using TT templates we'll do better programming (fetching the objects) in Perl instead.
15:23 eythian yeah, cleaning the .pl scripts is nice.
15:23 thd Perl 5 module compatibility.  /me investigates.
15:25 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #243: STILL UNSTABLE in 2 hr 4 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/243/
15:28 eythian[…]odules-in-perl-6/
15:32 jbeno joined #koha
15:44 indradg joined #koha
15:49 tcohen mtompset:
15:49 tcohen zebra seems to have been launched
16:10 reiveune bye
16:10 reiveune left #koha
16:12 tcohen cait: bug 14826
16:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14826 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Passed QA , Resurrect account offsets table
16:15 Lennon joined #koha
16:23 cait hm?
16:23 cait sorry have to leave, will be back in about 20 mins
16:23 cait left #koha
16:34 szelepin joined #koha
16:48 Infra_3600 hello says that debian 8 required. does debian 9 support Koha installation ?
16:54 cait joined #koha
16:56 cait back
16:56 cait tcohen: ?
16:59 Infra_3600 cait, hello, says that debian 8 required. does debian 9 support Koha installation ?
17:02 cait tcohen: around?
17:02 cait sorry, i always get a bit confused between the versions
17:02 cait the newest stable one should always work
17:03 cait Infra_3600: let me do a quick search
17:05 cait http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]473.html#a5942566
17:05 tcohen hi cait
17:05 cait tcohen: koha on debian 9 = stretch was the question :)
17:05 cait and you asked me something about a ubg earlier?
17:06 tcohen I think it should work
17:06 tcohen well
17:07 tcohen some tests might fail
17:07 tcohen but it should work correctly :-D
17:08 Infra_3600 cait, thanks
17:10 kellym joined #koha
17:12 tcohen bbl
17:23 rsantellan joined #koha
17:24 jbeno1 joined #koha
17:26 jbenojbeno joined #koha
17:27 jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:27 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
17:27 jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #244: FIXED in 2 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/244/
17:27 jenkins Jonathan Druart: Bug 19163: Critical typo in stage-marc-import process
17:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19163 critical, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Critical typo in stage-marc-import process
17:53 mtompset Where would I find code in Koha that adds an analytics field? There is a test case in which is not triggered, and I'd like to write a test case for it.
17:53 cait what kind of analytics?
17:54 cait test case for an untriggered test case? ;)
17:54 cait can you show me the line?
17:54 mtompset let me find it...
17:55 pastebot "mtompset" at pasted "Need to trigger 5a and 5b in C4/" (35 lines) at
17:56 mtompset The line numbers are shifted due to added print STDERR lines by me. :)
17:56 mtompset and code related to 14385.
17:57 mtompset This is the searchResults() function
17:57 cait that's EasyAnaltics
17:57 cait bug 14385
17:57 wahanui bug 14385 is, like, giving me testing headaches. Though, kudos to Joubu for fixing the related bug I found as a result
17:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14385 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Extend OpacHiddenItems to allow specifying exempt borrower categories
17:57 cait turn it on
17:58 cait I am no fan, it doesn't work in combination with UseControlnumber that is absoluteyl mandatory for us
17:58 mtompset Okay, so I turn it on that system preference and then what?
17:58 mtompset Add a bibilo and item?
18:07 mtompset Okay, Interesting.
18:07 wahanui i think interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
18:07 mtompset That at least points me in a better direction than I was, cait. :)
18:20 cait add an item
18:20 cait then there should be links to add analytics
18:20 cait i tihnk
18:21 cait we don't use it because of the beforementioned reason
18:21 cait mtompset: you canalso check the manual i think
18:39 edveal joined #koha
19:31 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:11 kathryn joined #koha
20:49 indradg joined #koha
21:21 Francesca joined #koha
21:29 Kafilini joined #koha
22:04 edveal joined #koha
22:17 newbie-koha joined #koha
22:17 newbie-koha hi
22:24 wizzyrea hi
22:26 newbie-koha Do you have 2 minutes for a question?
22:30 wizzyrea sure :)
22:30 newbie-koha i've searched for myself for an hour otherwise I would not ask, thank you
22:31 wizzyrea oh, that's way too long to go before asking ^.^
22:31 newbie-koha basically i set up koha, and added one record, if i search for it in the opac i can find it and everything looks fine.
22:32 wizzyrea buuut
22:32 newbie-koha but i have "normal view" "MARC view" and "ISBD view" - the problem is i would like to remove some columns displayed in the marc view or remove the marc view completly
22:32 wizzyrea ah, you can do in your opacusercss
22:33 newbie-koha i guess i can also set it there for an anon user just visiting the site?
22:33 wizzyrea #MARCview {display: none;}
22:34 wizzyrea hm, what is "it"
22:34 wahanui "it" is probably not a valid command.
22:34 wizzyrea shhh bot
22:35 wizzyrea regarding getting rid of stuff in the marc view
22:35 wizzyrea (if you were inclined to leave the link to it displaying)
22:35 wizzyrea it's only slightly more complicated
22:37 kidclamp joined #koha
22:37 newbie-koha well you helped me already, i understand now that some parts must be done "one lvl deeper" than the system preference system
22:37 wizzyrea you can do something in opacuserjs like
22:38 tcohen joined #koha
22:38 newbie-koha (I'am still wondering why "source of acquisition" is a default value in the "Holdings" of MARC view)
22:38 wizzyrea
22:38 wizzyrea (that one to get rid of, for example, the 590 field
22:38 wizzyrea )
22:39 wizzyrea because it's in the item records :)
22:39 cait you can also try changing the visibility in administration > bibliographic frameworks
22:39 cait for the fields and subfields
22:39 wizzyrea last I checked it didn't work maybe it does now
22:39 wizzyrea but it's worth a go
22:39 cait for marc it does
22:39 cait also for detail pages now in the newest version i think
22:40 wizzyrea neat!
22:40 cait isbd view is separate, but marc views should be ok i think
22:40 wizzyrea (when I put in that one for the 590, it didn't work, otherwise I would have done that)
22:40 cait mtompset :)
22:41 tcohen hi
22:41 wizzyrea hi tcohen
22:41 mtompset I'm not really here. :P
22:41 wizzyrea of course not.
22:41 cait mtompset: visiblity setings for marc view shoud lwork right?
22:41 newbie-koha well thank you both :-) koha is a really mighty piece of software - i guess it is a bit of an overkill to use it for my home library but I'am enjoying the community already!
22:42 wizzyrea nah
22:42 wizzyrea it goes as big or small as you want it to. ;)
22:42 mtompset cait: Mostly, yes. I think LDR, and maybe one or two other fields (because of their necessity) no.
22:42 cait ah :) mostly is good
22:42 tcohen cait: it should work, unless something broke the recordprocessor filters chain, I've just remembered you said EmbedSeeFromInSearches was broken
22:43 mtompset Those advanced constraints visibility were mostly fixed by me. :)
22:43 cait it#s for me, but might be a slightly different problem
22:44 mtompset Also, remember you have to do it for EVERY framework, so if you have one biblio that is one framework, and one that is the other, and you only change the visibility of one of the fields in one of the frameworks, it is going to be visible on the other one.
22:44 wizzyrea it would be nice to have a one-clicker for that
22:44 wizzyrea but so hard to do
22:45 wizzyrea I hate that framework editor.
22:45 wizzyrea so much.
22:45 mtompset I do too, wizzyrea.
22:45 wizzyrea I do them in xml now it's just craziness.
22:46 cait sql updates
22:47 mtompset Hmmm.... what do you think, wizzyrea: "Copy visibility settings from <dropdown list> to <dropdown list>"?
22:47 newbie-koha wizzyrea: It worked, i removed MARCview and ISBDview now I have 2 small icon leftovers but i think it is good enough
22:47 newbie-koha thanks
22:47 mtompset Anything that overlaps gets copied from one to the other.
22:47 cait with workbench you can edit it like an editable talbe
22:47 cait newbie-koha: you used css?
22:47 wizzyrea ah you can probably nuke the icons too
22:47 newbie-koha yes
22:48 wizzyrea just inspect to get their id's
22:48 wizzyrea some people don't want to see the tabs
22:48 wizzyrea *shrug*
22:48 wizzyrea then do display: none on them
22:48 newbie-koha yeah thanks
22:49 newbie-koha also what do you think about my method to get in records, iam not yet set how to do it but my idea is to import isbn numbers to librarything as it exports marc format and with it i can stage the records and so on
22:50 Francesca joined #koha
22:50 wizzyrea you can also use "add record via z39.50" which comes with a default target of Library of Congress
22:50 wizzyrea it may find (depending on what's in your collection) most things
22:50 wizzyrea but for stuff you can't find your method is aok I think
22:50 newbie-koha z39.50 sounds like one by one?
22:51 newbie-koha maybe I'am just to hasty here
22:51 wizzyrea it would be yeah
22:51 wizzyrea if librarything lets you do them in batch, that's probably better.
22:51 wizzyrea but LOC records might be more complete, if that matters to you.
22:52 newbie-koha its just a few hundred books at home, the basic information should be enough for me
22:52 wizzyrea then batch from LT is probably quicker for you. :)
22:52 newbie-koha in koha i have the feeling i could always spend more time to make the record even better :-P
22:53 wizzyrea this is the curse of the cataloguer.
22:53 newbie-koha i have much more respect for any librarian since i know how much different stuff there is to consider :)
22:54 cait :)
22:55 wizzyrea omg I actually set up a prediction pattern that like, comes up with the right thing
22:55 * wizzyrea faits
22:55 * wizzyrea faints
23:00 * mtompset cheers for wizzyrea.
23:01 cait1 joined #koha
23:02 newbie-koha wizzyrea: do you run a library or are you a coder or what is your background if i may ask?
23:03 wizzyrea I don't run a library but I help lots of libraries run Koha, and do have code in the project.
23:03 wizzyrea (I also hate talking about myself so there's that)
23:03 aleisha wizzyrea is an AWESOME coder
23:03 aleisha i dont mind talking about her so theres that
23:03 wizzyrea that might be overstating it.
23:03 wizzyrea ;)
23:04 aleisha i dont fink so
23:04 wizzyrea I poke at things til they work. ;)
23:04 aleisha relatable
23:04 wizzyrea (aleisha actually has more stuff in Koha than I do, ha)
23:05 aleisha do i? surely not
23:05 wizzyrea yep
23:05 aleisha maybe its because i fix indentation lol
23:05 wizzyrea ha um, doubtful.
23:07 cait1 you are both awesome :)
23:08 wizzyrea no you're awesome!
23:08 wizzyrea I need tea, away for a min.
23:10 cait1 n8
23:10 wizzyrea mtompsett if we were going to go after that framework interface
23:10 wizzyrea it'd need a whole redo
23:10 wizzyrea I'd want wireframes and the whole 9 yards.
23:11 wizzyrea it was a little invisible to the community
23:11 wizzyrea but we did that when we did the onboarder
23:11 wizzyrea and I feel like that came out ok :)
23:12 wizzyrea (mostly bc alexbuckley_ and mika were so fab)
23:17 mtompset aleisha: Care to take a look at the monstrosity that is bug 14385 now?
23:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14385 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Extend OpacHiddenItems to allow specifying exempt borrower categories
23:17 mtompset you need to apply bug 19040 first.
23:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19040 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , Change prototype of C4::Biblio::GetMarcBiblio
23:19 mtompset Only 99ish files were affected between these two bugs. :)
23:21 mtompset wizzyrea, wireframe? Me no understand geeky talk. :)
23:22 wizzyrea like a non-working prototype
23:22 wizzyrea to see the ui before it's built
23:22 wizzyrea mockup might be a term you are familiar with?
23:22 dilan joined #koha
23:23 wizzyrea but like, this might be a tool we use
23:23 wizzyrea or pencil
23:23 wizzyrea
23:24 wizzyrea (I don't think, as a project, we do enough wireframing/mockups)
23:24 aleisha yup will do mtompset
23:24 wizzyrea but so useful.
23:25 wizzyrea i am loathe to require developers to make them
23:25 wizzyrea but I do think it would help them plan.
23:26 mtompset mockups! OH!
23:26 mtompset wizzyrea: I agree. It does help plan.
23:26 wizzyrea for one
23:26 wizzyrea no hiding of options
23:26 wizzyrea omg, please no hiding.
23:27 mtompset what do you mean no hiding of options?
23:27 wizzyrea in the framework editor
23:27 wizzyrea the only things you might not want immediately visible you can put at the bottom
23:27 wizzyrea but clicking to expand is aggravating in there.
23:27 wizzyrea that's just one annoyance.
23:28 mtompset Actually, framework code, field as drop downs, triggering right side to fill in with subfields on tabs.
23:29 wizzyrea lots of ways to fix it
23:29 wizzyrea :D
23:29 mtompset Yes, lots of ways.
23:29 mtompset But refactoring it would be a BIG task.
23:29 wizzyrea I haven't given my complaints a lot of thought
23:29 wizzyrea in terms of fixing them
23:29 wizzyrea because yeah
23:29 wizzyrea it seems well too huge
23:29 wizzyrea and not too sure how to make it reasonable chunks
23:29 * mtompset smirks.
23:30 wizzyrea but you are good at that ;)
23:30 mtompset Can't be more large than 14385. :P
23:30 wizzyrea haha
23:30 mtompset It sucks when you keep reading the same code over and over and over again, and keep finding issues and things you missed.
23:31 wizzyrea perfect is the enemy of the good, as they say.
23:31 mtompset All because GetHiddenItemnumbers is called in some stupid function.. I think it was searchResults.
23:32 mtompset GetMarcBiblio
23:32 wahanui GetMarcBiblio is not passing the $opac parameter.
23:32 mtompset yes, yes, wahanui. I said that.
23:32 wizzyrea forgt GetMarcBiblio
23:32 wizzyrea forget GetMarcBiblio
23:32 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot getmarcbiblio
23:33 mtompset GetMarcBiblio with it's embed_items parameter that was the one problem aleisha hadn't dealt with... and well, I ended up fixing a lot of side things related to that.
23:34 mtompset Still one known issue, and there is no way I'm fixing it now.
23:34 mtompset opac-search with tags.
23:46 aleisha mtompset, the tests for t/db_dependent/Koha/BiblioUtils/Iterator.t fail
23:46 mtompset really?
23:46 wahanui i think really is more trouble than she's worth.
23:46 mtompset Can you paste the output?
23:46 pastebot "aleisha" at pasted "$ prove t/db_dependent/Koha/Bi" (14 lines) at
23:47 aleisha there you go
23:47 aleisha shouldve given it a summary my bad
23:48 papa joined #koha
23:48 mtompset Did you run this after other tests failed?
23:48 mtompset Because I don't get that on a fresh install with two biblios.
23:48 aleisha no every other test has passed for me
23:48 mtompset Hmmm... I just updated my master... let me check again.
23:49 aleisha oh wait do i have to make 2 new biblios or something?
23:49 aleisha sorry the test plan is kind of hard for me to follow
23:50 mtompset Sholdn't need to
23:50 mtompset Hmmm...
23:51 mtompset do you have any Biblios in your data?
23:51 aleisha yes
23:51 mtompset with items?
23:51 aleisha yes
23:51 mtompset could you prove -v that again?
23:52 mtompset I want to know what test is failing exactly... because it is working for me.
23:52 mtompset I'll be back in 20 minutes.
23:53 pastebot "aleisha" at pasted "output from prove -v t/db_dependent/Koha/BiblioUtils/Iterator.t" (18 lines) at

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary