IRC log for #koha, 2017-03-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:16 kathryn joined #koha
00:59 jzairo joined #koha
01:01 aleisha_ joined #koha
01:34 dilan joined #koha
01:35 ClothoMoirai joined #koha
01:35 dilan left #koha
02:53 stozza joined #koha
02:59 irma joined #koha
03:15 wizzyrea joined #koha
03:47 stozza joined #koha
04:26 Francesca joined #koha
04:58 Francesca joined #koha
05:39 Francesca joined #koha
05:49 stozza joined #koha
06:09 deb-CSPL joined #koha
06:18 cait joined #koha
06:36 stozza joined #koha
06:55 sophie_m joined #koha
06:57 aleisha_ joined #koha
07:03 laurence joined #koha
07:19 alex_a joined #koha
07:19 alex_a bonjour
07:23 LibraryClaire joined #koha
07:25 LibraryClaire morning #koha
07:33 alex_a hello LibraryClaire
07:34 LibraryClaire salut alex_a
07:38 reiveune joined #koha
07:39 reiveune hello
07:53 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:06 drojf joined #koha
08:06 drojf hi #koha
08:12 * magnuse waves
08:12 drojf hei magnuse
08:12 magnuse @wunder enbo
08:12 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 0.0°C (8:50 AM CET on March 08, 2017). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 44%. Dew Point: -11.0°C. Windchill: -7.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Falling).
08:12 magnuse moin drojf
08:12 drojf @wunder txl
08:12 huginn` drojf: The current temperature in Rue du Capitaine Jean Maridor, Berlin, Germany is 3.8°C (9:11 AM CET on March 08, 2017). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 92%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Windchill: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
08:12 magnuse @wunder marseille, france
08:12 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 9.0°C (9:00 AM CET on March 08, 2017). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 58%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
08:12 drojf too early for weather
08:13 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:13 gaetan_B hello
08:14 drojf hi gaetan_B
08:17 magnuse bonjour gaetan_B
08:17 magnuse gaetan_B: we had skrei for dinner yesterday :-)
08:17 gaetan_B hmmm nice :)
08:17 cait joined #koha
08:17 gaetan_B homemade ?
08:18 drojf joined #koha
08:18 fridolin joined #koha
08:24 deb-CSPL joined #koha
08:28 LibraryClaire moin drojf, gaetan_B, magnuse
08:28 magnuse guten morgen BüchereiKlara
08:28 drojf hi LibraryClaire
08:36 * cait waves
08:42 Francesca joined #koha
08:47 fridolin joined #koha
08:47 fridolin hie
08:54 LibraryClaire hi fridolin
08:55 fridolin LibraryClaire: yop
08:59 baptiste joined #koha
09:05 alex_a joined #koha
09:13 oha o/
09:15 alex_a joined #koha
10:16 magnuse \o
10:18 aleisha_ joined #koha
10:18 aleisha_ joined #koha
10:19 aleisha_ joined #koha
10:20 aleisha_ joined #koha
10:21 aleisha_ joined #koha
10:22 aleisha_ joined #koha
10:22 aleisha_ joined #koha
10:23 aleisha_ joined #koha
10:24 aleisha_ joined #koha
10:25 irma joined #koha
10:25 aleisha_ joined #koha
10:28 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:48 magnuse[…]pps.html#koha-ils could do with a bit of an update
10:51 nlegrand joined #koha
10:51 nlegrand hey
10:52 stozza joined #koha
11:06 a_goforth joined #koha
11:19 liw joined #koha
11:39 vfernandes joined #koha
11:39 vfernandes hi #koha
11:43 vfernandes i'm getting the following error on
11:43 vfernandes Can't call method "start_element" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/HTTP/OAI/ line 114.
11:44 vfernandes anyone knows whats happening?
11:50 vfernandes i think it's the HTTP::OAI version
11:50 Joubu which version of libhttp-oai-perl are you using?
11:50 vfernandes 4
11:52 vfernandes that's it
11:52 Joubu see bug 17704
11:52 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17704 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , OAI-PMH compatiblity with Ubuntu Xenial and Debian Stretch
11:58 vfernandes joined #koha
11:58 vfernandes after downgrading to 3.28 the error no longer appears
11:59 vfernandes but I think the XML is not being transformed
12:02 vfernandes access to OAI.xslt gives HTTP error 403
12:07 AdamB joined #koha
12:09 vfernandes could be an apache configuration?
12:11 sophie_m joined #koha
12:30 vfernandes problem solved ;)
12:35 druthb Good morning, #koha.
12:38 sophie_m joined #koha
12:38 tcohen joined #koha
12:40 tcohen morning
12:43 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
12:43 huginn` tcohen: The current temperature in Barrio El Refugio, Córdoba, Argentina is 23.4°C (9:42 AM ART on March 08, 2017). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 20.0°C. Pressure: 29.75 in 1007 hPa (Falling).
12:48 cait suggesting a new coding guideline for the meeting later today : don't allow use of html5 input type number
12:50 meliss joined #koha
12:56 Joubu cait: why that?
13:02 jzairo joined #koha
13:03 alex_a joined #koha
13:09 NateC joined #koha
13:18 tcohen joined #koha
13:28 cait Joubu: because it breaks paying when you use de-DE
13:28 cait it makes you enter the amount with decimal comma - but Koha doesn't understand
13:29 eythian make koha understand that?
13:29 eythian it should be parsing numbers with correct localisations anyway.
13:30 cait that seems a lot harder to fix actually
13:30 cait it would be nice in general, but lots harder
13:30 kchris joined #koha
13:31 cait maybe depending on how you do it, right now it just causes lots of trouble the way it is
13:31 cait I just imagined a quick solution would be to stop people use this thing for now until we have figured out how to do things properly
13:32 eythian heh, you say that as though the quick solution doesn't always end up being the permanent solution.
13:34 nengard joined #koha
13:35 Joubu cait: bug number?
13:39 kchris Joubu++
13:39 kchris Thanks for all the help yesterday.
13:39 oha how long will be the meeting today?
13:39 oha just need a ballpark figure
13:45 kmlussier joined #koha
13:55 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]March_2017#Agenda
13:55 cait bt 17098
13:55 cait bug 17098
13:55 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17098 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Validation problems with form field type "number" (decimal separator)
13:59 magnuse dont use decimals in payments ;-)
14:02 cait not funny :)
14:07 kchris Joubu:adding the <dev_install> to koha_conf.xml file seems to have solved the plack problem: I am able to restart plack, and the internal server error is gone.
14:09 tcohen kchris: why don't you just recreate the kohadevbox?
14:10 kchris Vagrant destroy and then recreate?
14:10 tcohen yeap
14:10 kchris That would give me the correct koha-conf.xml file?
14:10 kchris So I wouldn't need to edit it separately?
14:11 tcohen yeap
14:11 kchris I have been working with a repo on my host that I bring in each time I bring vagrant up.
14:12 JoshB joined #koha
14:12 tcohen so you can safely recreate de kohadevbox, and your cloned repo is taken from the host machine
14:13 tcohen so you don't loose data?
14:13 kchris Okay.
14:13 kchris Yes.
14:13 kchris I want to be able to edit files on my host.
14:13 kchris For the convenience.
14:14 kchris And keep my branches.
14:15 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:22 NateC joined #koha
14:31 kholt joined #koha
14:31 kholt morning, everyone!
14:34 LibraryClaire hi kholt
14:35 kholt Hi LibraryClaire!
14:35 LibraryClaire :)
14:36 drojf1 joined #koha
14:38 drojf joined #koha
15:00 drojf1 joined #koha
15:06 drojf joined #koha
15:12 jzairo joined #koha
15:22 CrispyBran joined #koha
15:24 lari hi! trying to use Koha::Patron::Modification object. is there some requirement or advantage in generating patron modification verification token outside Koha::Patron::Modification->new? for example here:[…]
15:29 Joubu indeed, I think that could be moved
15:29 lari i shall open a new Bug then :)
15:44 jbeno_away joined #koha
15:52 tcohen lari, please look at 13757
15:52 tcohen which also touches it
16:00 paul_p joined #koha
16:00 TGoat joined #koha
16:11 jac joined #koha
16:13 gaetan_B bye
16:16 fridolin left #koha
16:21 reiveune bye
16:21 reiveune left #koha
16:22 jzairo joined #koha
16:34 barton joined #koha
16:46 khall1 joined #koha
16:48 LibraryClaire left #koha
16:49 beatsforthemind joined #koha
16:49 beatsforthemind Hello
16:50 beatsforthemind Does the koha-common service have to be restarted for koha-rebuild-zebra indexing updates to take effect?
17:00 laurence left #koha
17:01 rocio joined #koha
17:02 kidclamp joined #koha
17:03 kchris joined #koha
17:12 tcohen joined #koha
17:24 cait left #koha
17:53 jzairo left #koha
18:01 cait joined #koha
18:09 kchris joined #koha
18:27 jbeno joined #koha
18:43 rocio joined #koha
18:52 kidclamp joined #koha
18:57 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:00 tcohen hi everyone
19:00 alexbuckley Hi
19:01 tcohen #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 8 March 2017
19:01 huginn` Meeting started Wed Mar  8 19:01:09 2017 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at
19:01 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 March 2017)
19:01 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_8_march_2017'
19:01 tcohen #topic Introductions
19:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 March 2017)
19:01 tcohen please introduce yourselves using #info Name
19:01 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
19:01 alexbuckley #info Alex Buckley
19:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
19:02 druthb #info D Ruth Holloway
19:02 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:02 cait druthb: you need a new nick :)
19:02 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
19:02 * druthb is aware
19:03 * tcohen is not expecting people to flood the channel with stuff for the meeting
19:03 tcohen moving on?
19:03 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
19:03 cait yep
19:03 tcohen #topic Announcements
19:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 March 2017)
19:03 tcohen any announcements?
19:04 thd joined #koha
19:04 tcohen ok, moving on
19:04 tcohen #topic Update from the Release Managers (17.05)
19:04 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Managers (17.05) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 March 2017)
19:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
19:04 tcohen hi thd
19:05 thd hello
19:05 tcohen bag is attending Code4Lib, so I think it is your turn, khall
19:05 khall sorry, distracted ; )
19:05 khall So far nothing noteworthy to report
19:06 bag push all the things
19:06 bag fix all the bugs!
19:06 bag </report>
19:06 bag ;)
19:06 khall yep!
19:06 tcohen ha
19:06 tcohen sneaky bag
19:06 tcohen focus on the presentation, bag
19:06 tcohen :-P
19:06 bag coffee break :)
19:07 tcohen #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
19:07 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 March 2017)
19:07 tcohen cait
19:07 cait same as always
19:08 cait i will be pushing patches early next week
19:08 cait string freeze will be 15th
19:08 cait release 22nd
19:08 cait :)
19:08 tcohen #info Katrin is sticking to the regular release schedule for 16.11.x
19:08 cait i feel we got a lot fixed in 16.11.04 - it seems to slow down a bit
19:08 tcohen mtj?
19:08 tcohen cait: do you mean Koha got slower?
19:09 Joubu no less bugs
19:09 tcohen jajm?
19:09 cait yep
19:09 cait Joubu got it :)
19:09 tcohen awesome, I actually updated a library to 16.11.04
19:09 Joubu less *known* bugs
19:09 cait shush :)
19:09 tcohen #info bug count for 16.11.x got lower with 16.11.04
19:10 josef_moravec joined #koha
19:10 tcohen jajm? mtj?
19:10 kidclamp joined #koha
19:10 tcohen ok, we can come back to them if they show up
19:10 tcohen #topic Updates from Jonathan
19:10 Topic for #koha is now Updates from Jonathan (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 March 2017)
19:10 josef_moravec #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library Usti nad Orlici, Czech Republic
19:10 tcohen :-P
19:10 Joubu nothing today :)
19:11 Joubu was off the last few days
19:11 Joubu I should send an email soon
19:11 Joubu and just posted bug 18235
19:11 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18235 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Elastic search - Configurable facets
19:11 cait ooh nice
19:11 tcohen #info Jonathan introduced bug 18235, which will gather lots of attention
19:11 Joubu it's a bit ugly but seems to work
19:12 tcohen kidclamp: we are on the 'updates from the QA team' topic, if you have something to add?
19:13 tcohen ashimema: ?
19:13 Joubu nothing else, unless my refactoring did not get lot of attention
19:13 Joubu TT syntax for notices and Hea neither
19:13 cait I tihnk rangi signed off on hea
19:13 tcohen #info important stuff like TT syntax for notices and the new HEA need signoffs and QA people to take care
19:14 Joubu cait: yes, but I would have expected several SO on this one
19:14 cait ok
19:14 Joubu I got a server setup to test
19:14 Joubu it is very very easy to test...
19:14 tcohen TT syntax requires real users to test it
19:15 Joubu must be fun, easy and quick
19:15 tcohen Joubu: talking about HEA?
19:15 Joubu yes
19:15 tcohen ok
19:15 tcohen #topic General development discussion
19:15 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 March 2017)
19:15 alexbuckley I am looking to try to push the onboarding tool project ahead, so we can get this useful feature out to Koha users in the May release. bug 17855, 18039 and 17942
19:15 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17855 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Signed Off , Updated Koha web installer and new onboarding tool feature to guide users through setting up Koha
19:16 alexbuckley Ifeel it has got a bit bogged down in trying to developand test it for all languages in one go, any thoughts about splitting it up?
19:16 Joubu bug 18039
19:16 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18039 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move the mandatory and optional files for non-english languages into 'default' directory so bug 17855 permits use of other languages
19:16 Joubu bug 17942
19:16 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17942 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Update style of the web installer with Bootstrap 3
19:16 cait tcohen: you can action me for testing german, russian and ukrainian if you want - but next week
19:17 tcohen #info Alex Buckley needs feedback and signoffs for the new onboarding tool and web installer update
19:17 tcohen #actions Katrin offers to test German, Russian and Ukranian for the onboarding tool
19:18 tcohen irc:// Katrin offers to test German, Russian and Ukranian for the onboarding tool
19:18 Joubu alexbuckley: I am not againt it personally, but I think we will adapt some part not to make it breaks languages that are not supported yet, right?
19:18 tcohen #action Katrin offers to test German, Russian and Ukranian for the onboarding tool
19:18 Joubu erk, did not mean anything
19:18 * tcohen will learn to chair at some point
19:18 cait tcohen: i didn't in years ;)
19:19 tcohen moving on?
19:19 Joubu need a rephrase?
19:19 alexbuckley Joubu, yup so which patch do you think will need to be adapted?
19:19 Joubu nope
19:19 Joubu tcohen: alexbuckley is waiting for an answer :)
19:19 tcohen ok!
19:20 Joubu if we go first with english only, do the other languages will still work as before?
19:21 cait i think it would be good to have this plan in place - but i stlil hope we can resolve the issues pre release
19:21 cait it would be sad to add sucha nice feature english only
19:22 Joubu nobody is willing to test..
19:22 cait i will work on the languages i signed up for - just have to survive this week first :)
19:22 Joubu I can write patches, sign them off and QA + push if you like
19:23 tcohen I think we need to make a QA team meeting
19:23 Joubu so es, fr-FR, fr-FR are missing
19:23 Joubu nb-NO
19:23 Joubu pl-PL
19:23 Joubu (uk-UA ?)
19:24 tcohen why is it so language-specific?
19:24 tcohen is it outside our translation system?
19:24 cait yes
19:24 tcohen why?
19:24 cait i think the main problem is that people have not stuck to the same structure as en?
19:24 Joubu yes
19:25 cait they translated directoy names for example
19:25 cait because it shows in the installer
19:25 tcohen ah, yes, I always thought it should be translated
19:25 cait working out those glitched in the web installer is probably due
19:25 tcohen shipped
19:25 tcohen can't we copy&paste the en one?
19:25 cait nope
19:25 cait well we can resort  to have the same structure
19:25 cait and rename the files
19:26 tcohen stop reading me about this subject, I'd better take a look before
19:26 cait but the contents are specific of course
19:26 Joubu I think "rewrite the whole installer code" is out of the scope of the discussion :D
19:26 cait hehe yes
19:26 cait one step at a time
19:26 cait getting all the translations 'in line' again might be a first step :)
19:26 alexbuckley As I am still learning about the different language translations, so I am trying to think how I can help move it forward
19:26 tcohen I don't understand how having a translated list of templates for each language is related to directory structures
19:27 cait ?
19:27 cait those are ont the templates
19:27 cait we are talking about the sql files
19:28 cait but maybe shoudl discusss on the bugs?
19:28 Joubu alexbuckley: what you can do is: 1. provide a followup to make sure other languages are not broken if we push the patches without the changes to the sql files of other languages
19:28 Joubu 2. open a bug report by languages, to enable them 1 by 1
19:28 thd Why would directory names be translated?
19:28 Joubu per
19:29 alexbuckley Joubu: Do you mean check that other languages for web installer still work when bugs 17855, 18039 and 17942 are applied?
19:29 Joubu 3. Then wait for people to signoff, and if nobody care for a given language, they will not have the onboarding tool in 17.05
19:29 Joubu alexbuckley: nope, if you do that, you can sign off everything and a QA team member can QA everything in one go
19:29 Joubu that would be ideal
19:30 Joubu but nobody test the different languages
19:30 cait thd: because it showed up as a heading in the installer - bad design
19:30 Joubu so we need 17855 without the lang files (18039)
19:30 Joubu and confirm it works as before for translated interfaces
19:30 cait i like your suggestoin Joubu
19:30 cait but i am not sure what activating would work like
19:31 cait hopefully easy
19:31 alexbuckley So just to clarify we need to get 17855 through without worrying about the patches for 18039? Sorry just trying to understand
19:31 Joubu yes
19:32 cait bug 18039
19:32 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18039 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Move the mandatory and optional files for non-english languages into 'default' directory so bug 17855 permits use of other languages
19:32 Joubu but with a followup, not to break other languages
19:32 alexbuckley And those languages are for the installer not the translations in staff interface itself, correct?
19:34 cait hm yes
19:34 cait the files it selects
19:34 cait the sql files
19:34 cait translations for the .tt files should just work i tihnk
19:35 alexbuckley Ok I think I understand I will work on a followup patch to attach to bug 17855 this week :)
19:35 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17855 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Signed Off , Updated Koha web installer and new onboarding tool feature to guide users through setting up Koha
19:35 alexbuckley thanks
19:36 cait move on?
19:36 tcohen #info Jonathan and Buckley will coordinate on what's prioritary for the onboarding tool to be seamlessly integrated for the next release
19:37 tcohen #topic Review of coding guidelines
19:37 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 March 2017)
19:37 tcohen cait?
19:37 cait I have put a suggestion for a new coding guideline on the agenda
19:37 cait i will copy it here sec
19:37 cait Forbid use of HTML5 input type="number" as it causes problems with I18N.
19:37 cait so now trying to explain why:
19:37 cait Example: The behaviour of the input field will change with the language  you have selected for the GUI. When English is selected, you can enter  the amount as 0.00, but if German is selected, you are enforced to enter  as 0,00 - which causes trouble as Koha doesn't understand this.
19:38 cait One possible solution is to use a pattern match instead (<input  type="text" pattern="\d+(\.\d{2})?"...). The number type is currently  used for entering manual invoices and credits and should be removed.
19:38 cait this has been filed as bug 17098 a while ago
19:38 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17098 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Validation problems with form field type "number" (decimal separator)
19:38 tcohen so browsers represent numbers differently depending on the locale?
19:38 cait yes
19:38 cait if you switch to english gui, decimal dot, if you switch to swiss, both work, de-de comma
19:38 cait our code doesn't handle this
19:39 cait and the effect for the german users at th emoment is, that 'payments are broken'
19:39 tcohen english is the universal language, you know. switch
19:39 cait you try to pay something like 1.50 and it won't let you, you enter 1,50 and it pays 1 i think only
19:39 cait it's rather.. bad
19:39 tcohen what is the proposal?
19:40 cait the ideal solution would be to make Koha understand other monetary formats
19:40 cait but for the stable releases... i think avoiding/removing the type=number for now would be good
19:41 cait a pattern match works similarly, but it won't let you increase/decreate the amount using the arrow keys then
19:41 tcohen can't you use step='0.01'?
19:42 cait still ,
19:42 cait ok, i haven't tried it, but I think it will still outsmart you
19:42 cait i took the pattern match from a website after some googling
19:42 cait i think it's not only us running into this
19:43 tcohen is someone working on the bug?
19:43 tcohen because it seems that some research on how to handle this should be done
19:43 tcohen before imposing a guideline
19:43 * tcohen cannot volunteer this time
19:44 Joubu seems like we only have 2 occurrences
19:44 cait yeah
19:44 cait but those are central
19:44 cait and i don't want it to spread
19:44 Joubu so let's kick them
19:44 cait if I get the ok to do this
19:44 cait iw ill
19:44 Joubu bug 2542
19:44 cait i just thought it will need discussion first - because it will behave a little less nice
19:45 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2542 normal, P3, ---, jonathan.druart, CLOSED FIXED, Manual fine/credit fail on superfluous characters ( e.g. '$' )
19:45 cait the arrow key stuff not working
19:45 cait i cannot figure out how to make Koha accept comma decimals
19:45 cait but i can certainly remove the input=number
19:45 cait and would like us not to add more of those until we have a good solution
19:46 tcohen try the step="0.1"
19:46 cait that's why I proposed a coding guideline
19:46 cait i will try it first to make you happy
19:46 cait but internet suggests it won't work
19:47 tcohen ok, I need to leave
19:47 tcohen picking manuel
19:48 cait so can we make this a temporary qa guideline at least?
19:48 cait no more input=number?
19:48 tcohen no strong opinion from me
19:48 tcohen I think a bug should remove it, and once someone figures how it should be used
19:49 tcohen then set it as a guideline
19:49 tcohen #chair cait
19:49 huginn` Current chairs: cait tcohen
19:49 cait just don't use it
19:49 cait for now
19:49 Joubu will take a look tomorrow
19:49 tcohen later #koha
19:49 cait thx Joubu
19:50 cait there is also a problem with plack doing weird stuff to numbera ccording to locale
19:50 Joubu splitter told me there is only 1 occurrence, on bug 17855 (bugzilla is small...)
19:50 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17855 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Signed Off , Updated Koha web installer and new onboarding tool feature to guide users through setting up Koha
19:50 Joubu but it's for "max number of holds" or something, so should not hurt
19:50 cait probably eah
19:50 cait but then we should step=1
19:51 cait to actively prevent people adding decimal
19:51 cait bug 18186
19:51 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18186 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Amounts with decimal comma instead of decimal dot breaking payments
19:51 cait #info Please don't use input type=number for now as it causes headaches for some languages using decimal commas
19:51 cait i can at elast ask nicely
19:52 kathryn joined #koha
19:53 cait actually, all hta tis left is set the time of the next meeting
19:53 thd Can we not force plack to ignore locale for numeric data types?
19:53 cait i am not sure if it's something we can set in Koha
19:53 cait i just wnated to alert people for now that we have run into this
19:54 cait the effect is that it prefills input fields with comma amounts and that again... won't work and is really hard to track down
19:54 cait it#s an odd thing
19:54 cait #topic Set date and time of next meeting
19:54 Topic for #koha is now Set date and time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 8 March 2017)
19:54 thd Yet we have instructions for how to set up MySQL to avoid a host of character encoding problems.
19:54 cait are we on a biweekly schedule right now?
19:55 cait yeah, we wrote it up for it to be documented - but i am nto the person who fixed, some plack people might want to have a look
19:56 cait #chair kidclamp
19:56 huginn` Current chairs: cait kidclamp tcohen
19:57 kidclamp So 2 weeks would be the 22nd
19:58 kidclamp and next time would be 13UTC?
19:58 kidclamp next meeting Wednesday March 22 at 13 UTC unless objections or suggestions
19:59 jzairo joined #koha
19:59 kidclamp #info next meeting: Wednesday March 22, 13UTC
19:59 kidclamp tcohen++
19:59 kidclamp cait++
19:59 kidclamp apologies of rmissing the meeting :-)
20:00 kidclamp last call for any comments?
20:00 kidclamp #endmeeting
20:00 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
20:00 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Mar  8 20:00:52 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:00 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-03-08-19.01.html
20:00 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-03-08-19.01.txt
20:00 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]08-19.01.log.html
20:01 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
20:09 barton_ joined #koha
20:23 cait @later tell tcohen I tested it with step="0.01" - it will still only accept and offer you decimal comma values
20:23 huginn` cait: The operation succeeded.
20:24 cait @later tell Joubu I tested it with step="0.01" - it will still only accept and offer you decimal comma values
20:24 huginn` cait: The operation succeeded.
20:28 tcohen joined #koha
20:28 tcohen hi
20:45 blou joined #koha
21:16 JesseM joined #koha
21:33 kidclamp joined #koha
21:38 Francesca joined #koha
21:43 kmlussier joined #koha
22:00 Francesca joined #koha
22:04 Francesca joined #koha
22:14 khall1 joined #koha
22:25 rocio joined #koha
22:40 irma joined #koha
22:44 BobB joined #koha
23:00 jamesb joined #koha
23:05 dilan joined #koha
23:06 khall joined #koha
23:15 edveal1 joined #koha
23:30 dilan joined #koha
23:56 papa joined #koha
23:58 irma joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary