IRC log for #koha, 2017-01-25

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 CrispyBran Good night all!
00:00 jac good night
00:00 wahanui Don't go, jac. Stay a while. Stay forever.
00:00 * liz snickers at creepy wahanui
00:00 jac Sorry got to go goodnight!
00:01 eythian liz:
00:02 liz oooh
00:02 * liz subscribes
00:03 liz I have to wait to watch that >.<
00:03 liz but it is in my watch later! (which means in like, 2 hours)
00:07 eythian Check out the cars and the hair.
00:07 eythian Also the Wellington.
00:08 dilan joined #koha
00:10 liz <3 <3
00:39 martian523 joined #koha
00:39 martian523 mtj, i just searched for a vendor
00:39 martian523 and it came back with the error
00:50 mtj martian523: anything interestng in yr koha/apache logs?
00:51 mtj works ok with '%' value?
00:51 martian523 what do mean by interesting?
00:52 mtj odd, unusual
00:53 martian523 gives back the same error even if i don't put anything there and just press submit
00:54 mtj hmm, weird :(
00:55 mtj hm, i wonder if there is a problematic row in the vendors table
00:56 martian523 problematic row....
00:56 martian523 it worked fine before the upgrade
00:57 martian523 i upgraded from 3.18
00:58 mtj on your test system, delete all vendors, then add a new one - problem solved?
00:59 mtj if not, then compare the 'vendors' table structure to a fresh 16.5.7
00:59 martian523 i can try...but does that mean all my past orders are gone?
01:00 mtj sure... so, only on your *test* system
01:00 mtj not prod
01:01 rocio_afk joined #koha
01:01 mtj oops, sorry i misread... ^  i'm not sure if yr orders will be gone (not tested myself)
01:01 liz martian523: is there anything in the javascript console?
01:02 liz I must have missed what the error actually is
01:02 mtj ". using koha 16.05.07.  this error came up when i tried to look up vendors in acquisitions: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/lib/perl5/ line 2054"
01:02 mtj hi liz ^ fyi
01:02 liz yay ty
01:02 liz this happens when searching for any vendor or a specific one?
01:03 martian523 any
01:04 martian523 o, so this is a problem?
01:06 pastebot "mtj" at pasted "describe aqbooksellers;" (33 lines) at
01:07 mtj martian523: does your table look like that? ^
01:07 martian523 sorry, where do i find this?
01:07 martian523 not an IT expert
01:08 mtj a command.. from the mysql shell
01:08 martian523 hold on
01:08 liz I uh
01:08 liz did you all know that if you have the "send patron registration information" stuff on
01:08 liz that it sends passwords via email
01:10 liz
01:12 mtj liz: good to know, ta
01:21 * liz finds that slightly frightening
01:21 martian joined #koha
01:21 martian mtj got my IT here. can you explain how to get to mysql ?
01:23 liz do you have a command line?
01:23 liz and sudo access (or root)
01:23 liz on the Koha server
01:24 liz martian ^
01:25 martian sorry, not catching it
01:25 martian what command line?
01:25 liz do you have access to the command line on the Koha server
01:26 martian yes
01:26 liz cool, are you logged in with a user that can sudo?
01:26 martian what's the command to get into the mysql shell
01:26 martian yes
01:26 liz cool
01:26 liz you can do
01:26 liz sudo koha-mysql <whatever the name of your instance is>
01:26 liz you can see what you have got
01:26 liz by doing sudo koha-list --enabled
01:27 martian tried
01:27 liz "see what you have got" means "see what instances you have currently running on your server"
01:27 liz just to get the instance name
01:28 martian when put in mysql> descibe aqbooksellers, command failed
01:29 martian koha-mysql "describe aqbooksellers;"
01:29 liz show tables;
01:29 liz no no
01:30 liz so you did
01:30 liz sudo koha-mysql <instance>
01:30 liz and then describe aqbooksellers;
01:30 liz and it said "command failed"
01:30 liz what was the exact error message
01:32 martian what is <instance>
01:34 martian basically, how to get into mysql shell ?
01:48 mtj 'instance' in the name of your specific koha
01:48 mtj sudo koha-list --enabled
01:48 mtj ^ .. shows you all instances
01:53 kholt joined #koha
01:53 kholt left #koha
01:56 Francesca joined #koha
01:58 liz so for example
01:59 liz if I had done koha-create --create-db mylibrary
01:59 liz mylibrary is my instance name
01:59 liz koha-list --enabled would show me mylibrary
01:59 liz to get into the shell, I'd type "sudo koha-shell mylibrary"
02:00 liz oh also those password containing emails are sent even when email is disabled
02:29 jbeno joined #koha
02:47 irma joined #koha
03:00 liz joined #koha
03:02 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
03:51 kholt joined #koha
04:17 rocio_afk joined #koha
04:50 kholt left #koha
05:25 Francesca joined #koha
06:12 sameeenz joined #koha
06:20 BobB joined #koha
06:32 BobB joined #koha
06:56 * magnuzzz waves
06:57 magnuse @wunder enbo
06:57 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 8.0°C (7:20 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.42 in 996 hPa (Steady).
06:57 magnuse @wunder konstanz
06:57 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in MainaustraÃ&#376;e, Konstanz, Germany is -6.2°C (7:50 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: -9.0°C. Windchill: -6.0°C. Pressure: 30.30 in 1026 hPa (Steady).
06:57 magnuse @wunder amsterdam, netherlands
06:57 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Amsterdam, Netherlands is -1.0°C (7:25 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Windchill: -4.0°C. Pressure: 30.45 in 1031 hPa (Steady).
06:57 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:57 huginn magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
06:58 magnuse @wunder marseille, france
06:58 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 0.0°C (7:30 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 69%. Dew Point: -5.0°C. Windchill: -4.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
06:58 magnuse mohahahaha
06:59 bag magnuse: HI
06:59 wahanui hey, bag
06:59 magnuse bag: HI
06:59 wahanui salut, magnuse
06:59 bag @wunder pdx
06:59 huginn bag: The current temperature in Portland, Oregon is 2.0°C (10:53 PM PST on January 24, 2017). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 96%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Pressure: 30.23 in 1024 hPa (Rising). Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 1 PM PST Wednesday...
06:59 magnuse mohahahaha
06:59 bag hmm magnuse you going to hackfest?
07:00 magnuse i don't think so
07:00 magnuse sadly
07:00 bag oh bummer
07:00 magnuse it's a question of time
07:00 bag time is always in the past
07:00 magnuse and i have a hunch there will be lots of other traveling this year
07:01 bag but how can I enjoy the view without you?
07:01 magnuse hehe. i won't be in your way, so you will have a clearer view ;-)
07:02 magnuse i am not 100% decided yet, but "probably not" must be my answer
07:02 bag it’s always about perspective - I being short - create a different one for you ;)
07:02 irma joined #koha
07:02 bag you can not see the things that I see at my level ;)
07:03 magnuse that is true
07:03 bag so therefore you should attend - to have that shorter perspective in your life - it’s called balance
07:04 bag sold - correct?  therefore we will see magnuse in marseille
07:04 bag :D
07:04 magnuse :-)
07:04 magnuse balance does sound good
07:05 bag sorry so lame
07:05 bag bag--
07:05 huginn bag: Error: You're not allowed to adjust your own karma.
07:05 magnuse nah, nice try!
07:05 bag ah it wouldn’t be a hackfest without you
07:05 bag anyways magnuse - what’s the view like now?
07:05 LibraryClaire joined #koha
07:06 bag LibraryClaire: hi there
07:06 magnuse utterly dark
07:06 LibraryClaire hey bag
07:06 bag I got plantar fasciitas
07:06 bag bummer
07:06 LibraryClaire aaaargh
07:06 LibraryClaire ouch
07:06 magnuse guten morgen BüchereiKlara
07:06 LibraryClaire hei magnuse
07:06 magnuse \o/
07:06 LibraryClaire bag: I have hip bursitis
07:07 bag SHIT
07:07 LibraryClaire marathons are bad for you
07:07 bag I’ve already signed up for two
07:08 LibraryClaire how bad is the fasciitis?
07:08 * magnuse thought bag meant some kind of fajitas
07:08 LibraryClaire mine once tensed up so much I couldn't walk on it, but luckily sports therapist sorted it in a session and it healed quickly
07:08 bag I’ve had it for awhile - but I didn’t know - I just webmd’d it - so ….
07:08 LibraryClaire yeah, lots of stretching
07:08 bag I have a PT appointment next week
07:09 bag every morning when I get out of bed I can barely walk - I just thought - yeah that’s what runners do
07:09 bag little did I know - I should have done something
07:09 LibraryClaire hmm
07:09 LibraryClaire like, heel under the foot or back of leg?
07:10 bag the good thing I think - is that with it - after you run a few miles - it lossens up
07:10 bag arches and heels hurt like hell
07:10 LibraryClaire cos, I had the same when I tore my achilles- it always hurts in the morning and eases off in the day
07:10 LibraryClaire ok yeah thats less the achilles
07:10 LibraryClaire but I think stretching calves and achilles are helpful for the plantar fascia too
07:11 bag yup
07:12 cait joined #koha
07:12 bag aloha cait
07:12 * cait waves
07:14 * LibraryClaire waves
07:14 * LibraryClaire goes to make tea
07:16 * LibraryClaire forgot the tea bag... tries again
07:16 bag I am not a tea bag
07:20 josef_moravec morning #koha
07:21 cait heh
07:22 * LibraryClaire has tea
07:23 LibraryClaire hi josef_moravec
07:23 bag you don’t have bag though LibraryClaire
07:23 josef_moravec Hi TeaClaire ;)
07:24 * magnuse thinks fast walking is the sensible thing
07:26 bag alright night night all
07:26 bag time for me to fast walk
07:27 LibraryClaire night bag :) take it easy!
07:27 LibraryClaire @wunder konstanz
07:27 huginn LibraryClaire: The current temperature in MainaustraÃ&#376;e, Konstanz, Germany is -6.3°C (8:24 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: -9.0°C. Windchill: -6.0°C. Pressure: 30.30 in 1026 hPa (Steady).
07:28 cait ew
07:28 cait i don't want to get out there :(
07:28 LibraryClaire yeah, that explains why cycling sucked this morning
07:28 cait can you send work here?
07:28 LibraryClaire i'm not going out there again
07:33 reiveune joined #koha
07:34 reiveune hello
07:36 wahanui hey, reiveune
07:38 Joubu hi #koha
07:40 LibraryClaire hi reiveune
07:40 LibraryClaire bonjour Joubu
07:40 reiveune \o_
07:40 LibraryClaire o/
07:43 sophie_m joined #koha
07:51 magnuse @wunder enbo
07:51 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 8.0°C (8:20 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.42 in 996 hPa (Steady).
07:51 magnuse @wunder marseille, france
07:51 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 0.0°C (8:30 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 69%. Dew Point: -5.0°C. Windchill: -3.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
07:51 * magnuse will do that a few times today
07:55 alex_a joined #koha
07:55 alex_a bonjour
07:56 LibraryClaire salut alex_a
08:06 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:09 fridolin joined #koha
08:09 fridolin hei
08:10 LibraryClaire salut fridolin
08:12 Joubu josef_moravec: ho you beat me for 2min
08:13 josef_moravec Joubu: ;)
08:13 Joubu I was resending the message I sent yesterday, but was pending for approval
08:13 josef_moravec Joubu: but do you think the comment is entirely true?
08:13 Joubu yes I think it is
08:14 Francesca joined #koha
08:14 josef_moravec Yes, I know, that when you empty InnoDB table, it does not unallocate space
08:15 josef_moravec but when you insert some new data, the it uses the emptied space...
08:16 josef_moravec so growing just up to maximum of data it ever has...
08:18 josef_moravec I think the bigger problem with space is in table action_logs for example...
08:18 josef_moravec but yes, action_logs is newer full emptied
08:18 josef_moravec usually ;)
08:21 paul_p__ joined #koha
08:22 Joubu josef_moravec: there is nothing on the bug 5877
08:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5877 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, CLOSED FIXED, Offline circulation improvements : upload all files, apply at once
08:23 Joubu paul_p__: right in time :)
08:23 Joubu paul_p__: +-- Table structure for table `pending_offline_operations`
08:23 Joubu +--
08:23 Joubu +-- this table is MyISAM, InnoDB tables are growing only and this table is filled/emptied/filled/emptied...
08:23 Joubu +-- so MyISAM is better in this case
08:24 Joubu do you know if this is still valid?
08:24 paul_p__ Joubu hello.
08:25 paul_p__ what is valid ? the reason to have myISAM instead of InnoDB ? I think yes, innoDB volumes are still only growing. That's due to innoDB internals (and not considered as a bug)
08:25 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:25 gaetan_B left #koha
08:26 Joubu paul_p__: yes but as josef_moravec previously said: "when you insert some new data, the it uses the emptied space, so growing just up to maximum of data it ever has"
08:26 paul_p__ Joubu & josef_moravec= a link about that ? That was not my understanding.
08:32 Joubu I do not find anything to confirm your or josef_moravec assertion
08:33 Joubu but it must be easy to test, just fill the table, check size of the mysql index, empty the table, refill it
08:34 Joubu if it's the same size, we could go with innodb
08:34 ashimema I recall hearing somewhere that calling OPTIMISE on innodb tables can reclaim the space
08:35 Francesca joined #koha
08:35 ashimema ah, you need innodb_file_per_table to be enabled for that to work
08:36 ashimema[…]eclaim-space.html for example
08:37 ashimema[…]a-rows-from-table is helpful too
08:38 ashimema I have no idea if we have any control over setting that file_per_table setting or not
08:39 josef_moravec There is bug in Mysql for that...
08:39 josef_moravec I have no better evidence on the internet for this...
08:40 Joubu ok, so you need innodb_file_per_table, but everybody should use innodb_file_per_table :)
08:40 josef_moravec but on one of my servers, where innodb_file_per_table is not set, the action_logs table once growed up too much - few gigs of data
08:41 ashimema indeed.. action_logs has caught us a few times
08:41 ashimema it can grow very fast
08:41 ashimema so yeah.. Joubu, I agree everybody should use file_per_table
08:42 josef_moravec mysql alocated filespace, and when i cleared the action_logs table, the space wasn't unallocated, but adding more data to other tables does not make the allocated space bigger
08:42 ashimema and perhaps we should switch to innodb for that table and if we're going belt and braces add a maintanence script that runs optimise over tables?
08:46 josef_moravec And so I has now 18GB of "free space" in mysql tablespace:[…]1ff784fd7bf832a58
08:46 josef_moravec ;)
08:46 ashimema lol
08:47 ashimema I believe you can dump and reload to reclaim it
08:47 ashimema but that obviously entails downtime
08:47 josef_moravec ashimema: yes, that's the plan ;)
08:48 ashimema I presume your not running file_per_table josef ?
08:48 josef_moravec ashimema: that's no problem, not production ;)
08:48 ashimema I'd be interested to see if optimize does work ;)
08:48 josef_moravec ashimema: no, this server does not have set file_per_table
08:48 josef_moravec without innodb_file_per_table no
08:49 ashimema k
08:53 josef_moravec optimize schrinks down the table size, but does not unallocate filespace
09:03 alex_a joined #koha
09:15 eythian hi
09:15 wahanui hello, eythian
09:15 eythian @wunder ams
09:15 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Schiphol, Badhoevedorp, Netherlands is -0.8°C (10:10 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Mist. Humidity: 95%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Windchill: -1.0°C. Pressure: 30.47 in 1032 hPa (Rising).
09:16 eythian @wunder jordaan, amsterdam
09:16 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Geuzenbuurt Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands is 0.1°C (10:15 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Mist. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Windchill: 0.0°C. Pressure: 30.47 in 1032 hPa (Rising).
09:25 LibraryClaire @wunder konstanz
09:25 huginn LibraryClaire: The current temperature in MainaustraÃ&#376;e, Konstanz, Germany is -5.7°C (10:21 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: -8.0°C. Windchill: -6.0°C. Pressure: 30.30 in 1026 hPa (Steady).
09:25 LibraryClaire nope
09:32 magnuse @wunder enbo
09:32 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 8.0°C (10:20 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.42 in 996 hPa (Steady).
09:32 magnuse \o/
10:15 chris1 joined #koha
10:26 Joubu marcelr?
10:26 wahanui well, marcelr is talking with tcohen about it
10:38 drojf joined #koha
10:39 drojf hi #koha
10:47 wizzycray joined #koha
10:52 khall joined #koha
11:02 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
11:02 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin, Berlin, Germany is 0.2°C (11:59 AM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 99%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Windchill: 0.0°C. Pressure: 30.48 in 1032 hPa (Steady).
11:03 drojf why am i the only one here? did i miss an invitation to the new place?
11:08 Joubu drojf: !
11:09 drojf hi Joubu
11:09 * drojf feels less lonely
11:09 Joubu I did not get the invitation either
11:10 drojf heh
11:10 rsantellan joined #koha
11:11 tcohen joined #koha
11:12 tcohen morning
11:13 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
11:13 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba, Argentina is 16.0°C (8:00 AM ART on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Rising).
11:24 LibraryClaire everywhere is warmer than here
11:28 rsantellan good morning
11:28 wahanui well, it's morning somewhere, yes
11:29 tcohen joined #koha
11:38 magnuse @wunder enbo
11:38 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 8.0°C (12:20 PM CET on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.42 in 996 hPa (Steady).
11:38 magnuse hm meeting today?
11:39 magnuse in 1 hour 20 minutes https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_25_January_2017
11:40 tcohen1 joined #koha
11:41 jzairo joined #koha
11:41 magnuse it's the final countdown:[…]s%20IRC%20Meeting
11:55 tcohen 1H5min
11:55 tcohen ?
11:56 tcohen magnuse: hadn't seen the countdown, cool!
11:57 magnuse soo, the final countdown from europe, eh?
12:05 * tcohen still has the LP
12:07 Joubu Lonely Planet?
12:07 Joubu Low profile?
12:07 Joubu Low power?
12:08 Joubu hum, urban dictionnary has weird def for LP
12:09 magnuse tcohen: i had it on MC i think
12:09 tcohen vinyl
12:10 magnuse Joubu: Labour Party
12:10 tcohen Lonely person
12:11 magnuse they were a gateway drug to harder and better stuff, so i guess i should be grateful
12:18 tcohen the grateful dead
12:18 tcohen ha, is mtompet around? he's a specialist on musical flashbacks
12:20 magnuse @seen mtompset
12:20 huginn magnuse: mtompset was last seen in #koha 1 day, 7 hours, 38 minutes, and 52 seconds ago: <mtompset> Have a great day (24 hour period), #koha dcook
12:27 tcohen1 joined #koha
12:30 * tcohen1 hates his internet connexion
12:30 josef_moravec left #koha
12:33 marcelr joined #koha
12:33 marcelr hi #koha
12:33 magnuse hiya marcelr
12:33 marcelr :)
12:38 LibraryClaire hi marcelr
12:38 marcelr hello LibraryClaire
12:39 cait joined #koha
12:40 * cait waves
12:43 marcelr hi cait
12:43 marcelr Joubu++ #bug 17990
12:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17990 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Code to check perl module versions is buggy
12:44 cait hi marcelr, Joubu
12:46 marcelr easy signoff ? bug 17982 !
12:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17982 minor, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Fix the use of uniq in sub themelanguage
12:47 meliss joined #koha
12:48 josef_moravec_ joined #koha
12:55 magnuse druthb!
12:55 wahanui She's really more trouble than she's worth, you know?
12:55 magnuse lulz
12:55 magnuse meeting in 5!
12:55 druthb magnuse!
12:55 wahanui rumour has it magnuse is a Norwegian giant
12:56 tcohen joined #koha
12:56 oleonard joined #koha
12:56 oleonard Hi all
12:57 magnuse hiya oleopard
12:57 LibraryClaire hi oleonard
12:57 wahanui hi olé onard
12:58 josef_moravec_ hi oleonard
12:58 wahanui hi oleopard
12:58 * oleonard tries to Jedi-mind-trick someone into signing off on Bug 17942
12:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17942 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Update style of the web installer with Bootstrap 3
13:01 jajm hi #koha
13:01 marcelr hi jajm
13:02 cait hi all
13:02 Francesca joined #koha
13:02 josef_moravec_ oleonard: i'd like to, when time permits...
13:03 marcelr josef_moravec_++
13:03 kidclamp morning
13:03 tcohen morning, kidclamp
13:03 marcelr hi kidclamp
13:03 marcelr and tcohen
13:05 ashimema hola'
13:05 kidclamp hi ashimema marcelr et al.
13:06 tcohen #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017
13:06 huginn Meeting started Wed Jan 25 13:06:05 2017 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at
13:06 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:06 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
13:06 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_25_january_2017'
13:06 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum, Netherlands
13:06 tcohen hi everyone, please introduce yourselves with #info
13:06 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
13:06 tcohen #info Tomás Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
13:06 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
13:06 jajm #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre, France
13:06 LibraryClaire #info Claire Gravely, BSZ, Germany
13:06 rsantellan #info Rodrigo Santellan, ORT, Uruguay
13:06 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
13:07 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
13:07 josef_moravec_ #info Josef Moravec, Municipal Library Usti nad ORlici
13:08 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, France
13:08 tcohen #koha, please introduce yourselves
13:08 tcohen #topic Announcements
13:08 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
13:09 tcohen Any announcements?
13:09 tcohen druthb: announcements?
13:09 wahanui announcements are often automatic
13:10 magnuse the rdf mailing list, perhaps`
13:10 tcohen magnuse: go ahead
13:10 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-Europe
13:11 magnuse bywater has created a mailing list for people who are interested in adding support for rdf/linked data/semantic web techniques to koha
13:11 alex_a joined #koha
13:11 ashimema want to link that magnuse?
13:12 magnuse don't know if there is a public page for signing up to the list, but get in touch with bag or khall or others at bywater and they can propbably add you
13:13 tcohen #info ByWater has created an mailing list for people interested in adding support for rdf/linked data/semantic web techniques to koha
13:13 Joubu [on] tcohen will can move on ;)
13:13 oleonard Do we have an agenda link?
13:13 tcohen #info Lots of off-the-record announcements, for more information ask Joubu and druthb
13:13 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_25_January_2017
13:13 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_25_January_2017 agenda
13:14 tcohen ok, moving on
13:14 tcohen #topic Update from the Release manager
13:14 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
13:14 magnuse (the list is very low traffic, so far)
13:14 tcohen khall? bag?
13:15 * ashimema wonders if we missed the POD discussion
13:15 marcelr see agenda
13:15 tcohen ashimema: i preferred to have the announcements dirst
13:15 tcohen first
13:15 tcohen it is too early for bag
13:15 kidclamp or khall
13:16 tcohen and khall seems offline
13:16 tcohen so, moving on
13:16 magnuse lazy people ;-)
13:16 tcohen #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
13:16 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
13:16 cait #info 16.11.2 was released on 22nd
13:17 ashimema cait++
13:17 cait the plan is to keep with the schedule - i hope it will always work out :)
13:17 marcelr cait++
13:17 tcohen cait++
13:17 cait packages have been made available the next day this time - drojf++!
13:17 jajm #info 3.22.15 was released on 23rd
13:17 ashimema drojf++
13:17 cait and bgkriegel++ for sending me the po files on short notice too
13:17 tcohen awesome
13:17 ashimema jajm++
13:17 cait In some cases I asked for feedback or people spoke up that they'd like to have something included
13:18 cait I will try to review those the next week latest and see what I can do for the next release
13:18 cait have some patience, I have a list for those :)
13:18 marcelr great
13:18 Joubu Something about 3.22.x
13:18 tcohen cait: is there a list of outstanding bugs for the stability of 16.11?
13:18 cait jajm++
13:18 Joubu it seems that it's buggy since 3.22.14
13:18 Joubu see bug 17943
13:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17943 critical, P2, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , "make test" failed when upgrading from koha-3.22.10 to 3-22.14 , also fresh installation of koha-3.22.14 made the same "make test" failing
13:18 cait right now I think my first list is done with - the one that Joubu had sent
13:18 Joubu mught be a critical one
13:19 jajm Joubu, yep, I just saw that, i will take a look asap
13:19 cait i think there might still be some bugs in holds - I haven't reviewed them yet
13:19 tcohen jajm++
13:19 tcohen cait: thanks
13:20 tcohen #info Katrin says there can be some minor bugs on holds, but 16.11 is stable enough
13:20 tcohen mtj: around?
13:20 cait didn't say minor
13:20 cait might be havier ones
13:21 tcohen #info holds bugs in 16.11 can be totally not-minor
13:21 tcohen :D
13:21 cait heh
13:22 magnuse cait: bug 17940 might be worth a look
13:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17940 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Holds not going to waiting state after having been transferred
13:22 tcohen cait: I'm sure you will make us note those bugs
13:22 tcohen ok, moving on
13:23 tcohen #topic Review of coding guidelines / New POD guidelines
13:23 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines / New POD guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
13:23 tcohen kidclamp: your turn
13:23 kidclamp okay
13:24 * oleonard has a coding guideline item after kidclamp
13:24 kidclamp I sent out an email - got two responses, I think we can go ahead with enforcing the current rule about POD and adding that it should be inline
13:25 tcohen kidclamp: no objections so far?
13:25 marcelr and you already got responses on last meeting
13:25 kidclamp heh, there was more discussion at the meetings :-)
13:25 jajm ++ for inline POD
13:25 marcelr i go for required, inline
13:25 ashimema ++ for inline POD
13:25 josef_moravec_ ++ inline
13:26 tcohen any objections? if there are, we should vote
13:26 kidclamp so I say add to guideline: When updating a module lacking POD please add coverage for existing subroutines. All POD should be inline with subroutines
13:26 cait already voted on ml - inline and required :)
13:26 kidclamp lets vote
13:26 kidclamp heh
13:26 cait do you have to do all? or just the ones you use?
13:26 cait use/change?
13:26 marcelr only what you change
13:26 magnuse yeah
13:26 kidclamp I think all is encouraged, what you change is required
13:27 tcohen yeah, only what you change is required
13:27 tcohen yeah
13:28 marcelr you probably wont like rebasing them when we change all
13:28 kidclamp When updating a module you are required to add POD for existing subroutines, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible
13:28 kidclamp heh - true, but full coverage would be nice
13:28 cait hm existing and all seems the same
13:29 cait for changed/added?
13:29 ashimema full coverage would be lovely.. but enforcing someone to go back and write pod for each routine when they've done a 1 character change to one routine is a bit rough ;)
13:29 magnuse yup
13:29 marcelr existing should be modified
13:29 cait When updating a module you are required to add POD for added and changed subroutines, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible
13:29 tcohen ashimema: the QA team is good when negotiating
13:29 kidclamp I think QA judgement calls are okay
13:29 marcelr QA++
13:29 ashimema I'd say.. ensure POD is accurate and correct for the routines you are altering as the rule
13:30 ashimema true
13:30 ashimema I'd love to see some pod only bugs coming in too ;)
13:30 kidclamp barton volunteered to do some work there
13:30 tcohen barton
13:30 ashimema awesome
13:30 tcohen barton++
13:30 ashimema barton++
13:31 tcohen #info Barton volunteered to write patches fixing POD
13:31 tcohen #info Nick volunteers to update the coding guidelines text to reflect this change
13:31 kidclamp When updating a module you are required to add POD for added and changed subroutines or ensure existing POD is accurate, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible
13:32 Joubu we need a template
13:32 Joubu what is usually done :
13:32 kidclamp For two examples, see the POD comments in the module (perldoc and the module.
13:32 Joubu =head3 method
13:32 marcelr head2 reads nicer for subroutines
13:32 Joubu my $return_value = $obj->method ( $params );
13:32 Joubu describe the params
13:33 Joubu what does the method
13:33 Joubu =cut
13:33 tcohen Joubu: do you think you can find a good example?
13:33 Joubu But as I already said
13:33 Joubu $patron->get_overdues
13:33 Joubu this method returns overdues for a patron
13:33 Joubu fantastically useful...
13:33 marcelr heh
13:34 kidclamp https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]RL3:_Fix_warnings <- Do you think the current example needs added verbosity?
13:34 tcohen well, the object type is not useless information
13:34 kidclamp https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]lines#PERL13:_POD
13:34 kidclamp wrong link
13:34 Joubu tcohen: nope, I don't think we have any
13:34 marcelr functions or methods?
13:34 khall joined #koha
13:35 Joubu any good examples
13:35 jajm the return type might be useful (hash, list, Koha::*)
13:36 marcelr distinction between class methods and instance methods ?
13:36 Joubu return: Koha::Overdues object
13:36 Joubu yes we could, but still think it's too verbose
13:36 Joubu it's implicit in the name of the method
13:37 cait def return type
13:37 cait please
13:38 tcohen #actions Tomas will look for a well formed and useful set of examples to vote on next meeting
13:38 cait I always find it helpful if the documentation is clear about these things
13:38 marcelr not too much duplicated info in the pod that will be outdated after a few years because it wasnt updated?
13:38 marcelr very often the params donot match
13:38 marcelr just three lines lower..
13:39 tcohen now we are moving to Koha::Object(s) that are passed around, things will be simpler
13:39 kmlussier joined #koha
13:40 khall joined #koha
13:40 tcohen #koha: I volunteered to look for good sample PODs to be used as templates so we vote on that next meeting. Right now we need to either vote or accept unanimously the changes Nick proposed
13:41 tcohen does anyone disagrees with the proposed changes?
13:41 ashimema nope
13:41 kidclamp not me
13:41 marcelr vote now
13:41 cait or just do #agreed :)
13:42 tcohen #startvote Should we add "When updating a module you are required to add POD for added and changed subroutines or ensure existing POD is accurate, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible" to the coding guidelines? (yes,no)
13:42 huginn Begin voting on:  Should we add "When updating a module you are required to add POD for added and changed subroutines or ensure existing POD is accurate, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible" to the coding guidelines? Valid vote options are , yes, no, .
13:42 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
13:42 tcohen #vote yes
13:42 kidclamp #vote yes
13:42 oleonard #vote yes
13:42 ashimema #vote yes
13:42 jajm #vote yes
13:42 cait #vote yes
13:42 Joubu #vote no
13:42 Joubu would have prefered the pod at the end
13:42 tcohen :-P
13:42 marcelr #vote yes
13:42 kidclamp Joubu++
13:42 rsantellan #vote yes
13:43 tcohen anyone else?
13:43 tcohen #endvote
13:43 huginn Voted on " Should we add "When updating a module you are required to add POD for added and changed subroutines or ensure existing POD is accurate, it is encouraged to add POD to all subroutines as possible" to the coding guidelines?" Results are
13:43 huginn yes (8): cait, oleonard, ashimema, jajm, marcelr, kidclamp, tcohen, rsantellan
13:43 huginn no (1): Joubu
13:43 tcohen sorry, Joubu
13:43 ashimema 'perl best practice' suggests after the __END__ block.. but I personally prefer inline ;)
13:43 tcohen khall: around?
13:43 ashimema but can see where Joubu is coming from
13:43 Joubu I can live with that :)
13:44 Joubu I am from Belgium man! :p
13:44 ashimema haha
13:44 tcohen ok, next topic then
13:45 tcohen #topic Plans for bug 17908
13:45 Topic for #koha is now Plans for bug 17908 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
13:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17908 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, ASSIGNED , Authority merge omnibus
13:46 marcelr ok, have been working on some older authority merge bugs
13:46 marcelr reorganizing them in a omnibus bug
13:46 marcelr a merge test has been pushed as well as the sub merge fixes on bug 17913; we are in "stage 3" now
13:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17913 normal, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Merge three authority merge fixes
13:46 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
13:46 marcelr but we need to some more, and would appreciate support on that
13:46 magnuse marcelr++
13:46 marcelr some more ideas:
13:47 marcelr auth_header should be autoincrement / remove the max(authid) logic
13:47 marcelr move zebra stuff outside of sub merge, use/extend CountUsage, add a GetBiblionumbers sub/method
13:47 marcelr restructure need_merge_authorities (perhaps rename it) : include old authno, old authtype and contents of old reporting field
13:47 marcelr distinction between migration tool and cron job
13:47 marcelr the table on 14769 should facilitate adjusting indicators when remerging authorities (via a script)
13:47 marcelr it is quite a lot actually
13:48 marcelr would be nice to keep some pace in that regard
13:48 Joubu sounds easy
13:48 Joubu :D
13:48 marcelr well thats easy qa too ;)
13:49 barton|away #info Barton Chittenden, BWS, Louisville KY USA.
13:49 barton I saw that I got volunteered ;-) ;-)
13:49 marcelr Joubu: solve one bug, find two new ones
13:49 tcohen #info Marcel has been working on resurrecting old authority merge patches, needs help and feedback
13:49 Joubu I think we need very good tests coverage for that change
13:50 marcelr i started with writing merge tests
13:50 marcelr and that helped i guess
13:50 cait marcelr++
13:50 tcohen marcelr: have you seen jcamins work on the authority de-duplication tool?
13:50 marcelr yeah
13:51 Joubu could we reuse bib merging code?
13:51 marcelr in a later stage probably yes
13:51 tcohen marcelr: I think there was good stuff in there
13:51 marcelr will come there one day..
13:52 nengard joined #koha
13:53 tcohen marcelr++ # great work on old under-tested code
13:53 tcohen #topic Updates on bug 17196
13:53 Topic for #koha is now Updates on bug 17196 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
13:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17196 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Move marcxml out of the biblioitems table
13:54 tcohen Joubu: anything to say about it?
13:54 Joubu nope
13:54 Joubu I did not add it
13:54 chris1 left #koha
13:54 tcohen I know, but anything would be your fault :-P
13:55 marcelr i did not too, but have a tiny remark
13:55 Joubu There is the patch to automgically convert the SQL
13:55 Joubu that will need testing
13:55 barton I just had a thought about changes to the wiki the marcxml queries...
13:55 marcelr had some weird problems with indexing until i restarted koha-indexer after upgrading
13:55 tcohen Joubu: #?
13:55 wahanui i think # is for root
13:56 Joubu bug 17898
13:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17898 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Add a way to automatically convert SQL reports
13:56 tcohen marcelr: it makes sense :-D
13:56 barton the wiki itself is internally version controlled ... we could put a note at the top of the wiki pointing to the old version.
13:56 tcohen marcelr: that reminds me that we need to make the packages restart koha-common on upgrade
13:57 marcelr ok
13:57 Joubu marcelr: that should be fixed by 16733, right?
13:57 Joubu bug 1673
13:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1673 blocker, P3, ---, gmcharlt, CLOSED FIXED, Error Fields Need Highlighted
13:57 Joubu bug 16733
13:57 marcelr no Joubu
13:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16733 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, RESOLVED FIXED, More flexible paths in debian scripts (for dev installs)
13:57 marcelr not related to that bug
13:58 tcohen #info Now that removing marcxml from 'biblioitems' is pushed, it is urgent that people test bug 17898 so it can be pushed and tested A LOT before the release
13:58 tcohen koha-indexer launches -d
13:59 tcohen from a fixed location
13:59 tcohen anything else?
13:59 wahanui somebody said anything else was just being crap
14:00 tcohen #topic REST api / Bug 17932
14:00 Topic for #koha is now REST api / Bug 17932 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
14:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17932 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Koha::Object should provide a TO_JSON method
14:00 tcohen I wanted to mention that I'm working on a couple new endpoints and I found that our API data types where incorrect
14:01 tcohen they are fixed by bug 17927 (which resurrects a porting of bug 17008's patches)
14:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17927 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Passed QA , REST API: /holds and /patrons attributes have wrong types
14:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17008 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, lari.taskula, RESOLVED WONTFIX, REST API: Correct data types in Swagger
14:02 tcohen so I put together some ideas an wrote 17932
14:02 tcohen which basically adds a TO_JSON method that handles data types correctly
14:02 cait sorry, have to leave early
14:03 LibraryClaire me too
14:03 tcohen the main problem where integers and DBD::mysql which is explained on the first commit message
14:03 tcohen but also Boolean values
14:03 tcohen we have a situation with booleans
14:04 tcohen we store them on the DB as TINYINT(1)
14:04 Joubu Yes that's a known issue, that can contain only 2 values
14:04 tcohen but we also store other tinyint values which are not booleans
14:04 tcohen TINYINT(4)
14:04 tcohen you just grep -i tinyint on kohastructure.sql and you will notice
14:06 tcohen so, we cannot deduce from the code if something is a boolean
14:06 tcohen (i.e. lokking up on the schema)
14:07 tcohen because (1) is just a mask to tell the DB how do we want to have the 8-bit value sent
14:09 tcohen DBIC doesn't know about it
14:09 tcohen so, the subject I wanted to raise
14:09 tcohen is on the 'Fix /patrons endpoint' patch
14:11 * ashimema thinks we shouldn't be dbicdumping any more.. and booleans should be marked as booleans in dbic result classes
14:12 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:13 ashimema noone else still around?
14:13 tcohen I added a syntax for explicitly stating on the schema files that a field is a boolean value
14:13 tcohen basically, we need to add __PACKAGES__->add_columns( '+column_name' => { is_boolean => 1 } );
14:13 * oleonard is but is sitting this one out
14:13 khall I'm not opposed to the idea
14:13 gmcharlt_ @quote random
14:13 huginn gmcharlt_: Quote #264: "<druthb> Grokking someone else's code is still trying to reverse-engineer someone else's brain." (added by wizzyrea at 11:50 PM, June 26, 2013)
14:13 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
14:13 tcohen a proper solution could involve moving all boolean values into (say) BIT column type
14:13 tcohen which is supported by Postgres as well
14:14 ashimema hmm
14:14 * druthb perks up, smiles, and returns to her hacking.
14:14 ashimema I hadn't considered that one
14:14 tcohen this is only useful for the TO_JSON function
14:14 tcohen and once we figure a better way, we just need to change the implementation on TO_JSON
14:14 tcohen I added bug 17992, to highlight the consequences of the change on our reference implementation
14:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17992 minor, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , REST api: Cities controller should not use ->unblessed
14:15 tcohen I encourage everyone interested on the REST api implementation to comment and/or tests those bugs
14:15 tcohen and also contact me so we can coordinate and maybe solve issues together
14:15 Joubu BIT sounds like what we should pick
14:15 marcelr the title does not really reveal this topic
14:15 jajm BIT can store more than true/false value
14:16 Joubu not BIT(1)
14:16 tcohen ashimema, I agree, but there's some work to be done so that becomes real
14:16 jajm ok
14:17 tcohen #info Tomas requests comments on bug 17932 and the way it handles booleans, until we figure a DB structure change to ease it
14:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17932 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Koha::Object should provide a TO_JSON method
14:18 tcohen #actions Tomas volunteers to write a patch to move boolean values into BIT
14:18 kidclamp tcoehn++
14:18 kidclamp tcohen++
14:18 barton tcoehn++
14:18 josef_moravec_ restapi++
14:18 kellym joined #koha
14:20 JoshB joined #koha
14:20 tcohen ok, i'm waiting for the flooding emails and comments about the REST api
14:20 tcohen the other part of the topic
14:20 tcohen was
14:21 tcohen do we have an indentation coding guildeline for JSON?
14:21 tcohen I added it lat minute and don't have DNS resolution right now to check myself
14:22 ashimema not that i can see
14:23 ashimema I would ++ some though ;)
14:23 * ashimema likes tidy code
14:24 * Joubu votes for 2 tabs + 3 spaces
14:25 tcohen1 joined #koha
14:25 marcelr the best discussion go about tabs and spaces :)
14:25 tcohen1 am i online now?
14:25 oleonard Yes tcohen1
14:25 marcelr sure
14:25 ashimema we see you tcohen1
14:26 tcohen1 ok, wifi is back, edge connection was really bad
14:26 tcohen1 (nick tcohen
14:26 tcohen1 ok, i cannot chair as tcohen1 I think
14:27 khall is an op around to kick tcohen?
14:27 tcohen1 ?
14:27 tcohen1 try
14:28 khall I'm not an op, magnuse?
14:28 tcohen was kicked by magnuse: tcohen
14:28 khall thanks magnuse!
14:28 magnuse like that?
14:28 wahanui like that is hard to vote on. :)
14:29 oleonard Let that be a lesson to you tcohen
14:29 khall lol
14:29 tcohen1 ok, we have JSON with 2 and 4 spaces
14:29 * tcohen unhides
14:29 tcohen any preference?
14:30 tcohen we should add it to our shipped .editorconfig file
14:30 misilot joined #koha
14:30 Joubu :q
14:30 khall tcohen: couldn't hurt!
14:30 kholt joined #koha
14:31 tcohen Joubu: i bet there's a vim plugin for editorconfig
14:31 jajm tcohen, there is
14:31 khall
14:32 tcohen the idea is that you can have your preferred indentation config globally, but the editor picks the right one for the Koha source
14:32 tcohen anyway
14:32 tcohen moving on I guesss
14:32 tcohen #topic Bug 17981
14:32 Topic for #koha is now Bug 17981 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
14:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17981 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Add the ability to preview generated notice templates
14:33 Joubu Nothing to do, just checkout the remote branch and test
14:33 laurence joined #koha
14:33 Joubu it's on top of a quite big tree of patches, non-pushed yet
14:33 * magnuse wanders off
14:33 laurence left #koha
14:33 Joubu Everything is explained in the commit message
14:33 * oleonard is working on a template follow-up for it
14:34 tcohen oleonard: great
14:34 Joubu and yes, oleonard is going to make it awesome :)
14:34 tcohen #info Owen is working on a followup for 17981
14:34 khall oleonard++
14:34 tcohen oleonard++
14:35 tcohen #topic Critical bug for 3.22.x: bug 17943
14:35 Joubu I could also ask on the ML for some people to send me non-standard templates
14:35 Topic for #koha is now Critical bug for 3.22.x: bug 17943 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
14:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17943 critical, P2, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , "make test" failed when upgrading from koha-3.22.10 to 3-22.14 , also fresh installation of koha-3.22.14 made the same "make test" failing
14:35 Joubu to see if the conversion works as expected for complex templates
14:35 Joubu (that's all)
14:35 Joubu about 17943, I talked about it earlier
14:36 jajm i'll look at this bug asap
14:36 tcohen #info Julian is going to work on bug 17943 ASAP
14:36 tcohen #topic Security bugs to QA
14:36 Topic for #koha is now Security bugs to QA (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
14:37 Joubu there are some security bugs in the QA queue
14:37 marcelr will look at some on friday
14:37 Joubu maybe RM and RMaints should sync to push them altogether
14:37 marcelr if they are left
14:38 tcohen #info there are 6 security bugs on the QA queue, and one in NSO
14:38 khall barring unforseen events I'll be pushing those to master Friday morning if they are pqa
14:38 tcohen I haven't had any time to do QA besides a couple small things
14:38 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]y_format=advanced
14:38 talljoy joined #koha
14:39 tcohen khall: maybe coordinate with the rmaints about them
14:39 marcelr no bugs Joubu
14:39 khall @later tell cait we should coordinate on security bugs
14:39 huginn khall: The operation succeeded.
14:40 Joubu marcelr: that means you cannot see security bugs
14:40 marcelr ok, not logged in
14:40 marcelr other browser
14:40 marcelr that still works
14:40 tcohen khall: any comments on master/17.05?
14:41 khall tcohen: nothing too noteworthy. All the patches for merging our disparate payment functions into one are complete!
14:41 tcohen khall++
14:41 khall next on the docket for me is to bring back the account offsets table
14:41 khall https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14826
14:41 huginn Bug 14826: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Resurrect account offsets table
14:42 khall that's about it
14:42 tcohen alright
14:42 tcohen #info Patches merging payment functions are all on master now
14:42 tcohen moving on
14:43 tcohen #topic Updates from the QA team
14:43 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
14:43 * marcelr is curious
14:43 tcohen hehe
14:43 marcelr queue is growing
14:43 Joubu too many bugs in the QA queue
14:44 marcelr if we go over 100, maybe put on your fast qa hat
14:44 Joubu need QA pov on bug 17933
14:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17933 major, P1 - high, ---, dpavlin, Signed Off , Internal software error when searching patron without birth date
14:45 tcohen the REST api bugs on the SO queue need to be refactored a bit
14:45 Joubu Does a QAer want to be dedicated to QAing "TT syntax for notices" patches?
14:45 Joubu 2 would be great
14:46 marcelr not especially :)
14:46 khall Joubu: I'd be happy to do that if you don't need me to contribute to the coding
14:46 marcelr but wont avoid them either
14:47 Joubu khall: I think a first glance on what I did would be much appreciated
14:47 Joubu khall: at least to know if I am in the right direction
14:47 khall Joubu: Can do!
14:47 jajm i see only 2 "TT" patches in the QA queue, am i missing somthing ?
14:47 khall just ping me with bug numbers as you have them ready
14:47 Joubu jajm: nope, only 2 are QAed, but lot in the NSO
14:48 tcohen I'm going to work on QAing bug 17255
14:48 Joubu khall: I think you can checkout the remote branch with everything in it, then squash everything. To get an overview
14:48 khall Joubu: good idea, can you post the url to that branch here for posterity?
14:48 Joubu tcohen: I'd like to get an eye on it before it's pushed
14:49 Joubu contains everything
14:49 tcohen Joubu: np
14:50 Joubu tcohen: we should contact Sdjan about the authorship of his patches, kivilahtio did not provide follow-ups but new patches
14:50 Joubu and half of the changes are from the first patchset
14:51 tcohen good point, I'll try to contact kivilathio on that
14:51 tcohen ok, I think we can move on
14:52 tcohen #topic Set time of next meeting
14:52 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 25 January 2017)
14:52 marcelr 13utc is my favorite time
14:52 tcohen Proposals?
14:52 tcohen same for me
14:52 kidclamp I think we alternate though
14:52 marcelr ok
14:52 tcohen yeah
14:52 kidclamp or was the plan, so 20UTC would be next
14:53 tcohen if we keep two meetings a month
14:53 tcohen we can have on at 20 and one at 13
14:53 Joubu feb 8 20utc
14:54 tcohen and feb 22
14:54 tcohen 13 utc
14:54 tcohen ok?
14:54 barton sounds good to me.
14:54 kidclamp +1
14:54 barton +1
14:54 marcelr one at 13utc sounds ok
14:56 tcohen #info February meetings will be on Feb 8th (20UTC) and Feb 22nd (13UTC)
14:56 tcohen #koha apologies for the connection issues
14:56 tcohen thanks for attending the meeting
14:56 tcohen #endmeeting
14:56 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
14:56 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jan 25 14:56:46 2017 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:56 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-25-13.06.html
14:56 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]7-01-25-13.06.txt
14:56 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]25-13.06.log.html
15:00 oleonard Joubu: is the JavaScript related to '#convert_template' used somewhere? I don't see any instance of 'convert_template' in
15:01 oleonard (Bug 17981)
15:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17981 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Add the ability to preview generated notice templates
15:02 marcelr thx tcohen
15:03 Joubu oleonard: nope, I wanted to add a "convert template" button to put the generated TT template to the textarea. But I finally abandoned the idea (for now?)
15:03 oleonard Okay thanks
15:10 jac joined #koha
15:11 jajm Joubu, about bug 17943, i'll probably revert bug 17494, but i think i should keep the first patch (https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ent.cgi?id=57212) what do you think ?
15:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17943 critical, P2, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , "make test" failed when upgrading from koha-3.22.10 to 3-22.14 , also fresh installation of koha-3.22.14 made the same "make test" failing
15:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17494 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , Koha generating duplicate self registration tokens
15:14 Joubu jajm: yes, I think that should be enough
15:14 jajm ok thanks
15:27 CrispyBran joined #koha
15:36 gaetan_B joined #koha
15:37 gaetan_B left #koha
15:38 Joubu oleonard: any information you could give me to recreate the CircAutoPrintQuickSlip issue?
15:39 Joubu things like: do you recreate on master?
15:40 Joubu because I tried master, 3.22.08 and the 16.05.06 and everything is fine
15:41 oleonard No, I don't get the error on master
15:45 Joubu superlibrarian user?
15:47 oleonard I do get the error when I check out tags/v03.22.08 and test with either superlibrarian or other librarian user
15:50 oleonard Same with tags/v16.05.06
15:55 Joubu kohadevbox, drop the DB, recreate from the installer on top of v3.22.08. logged as superlibrarian
15:55 Joubu I only switch CircAutoPrintQuickSlip to "clear the screen"
15:55 Joubu and it clears the screen as expected
15:55 TGoat joined #koha
15:55 Joubu I let this one to someone else
16:03 drojf oleonard: have you seen bug 17878? i think some custom js we use for the floating toolbar in cataloguing breaks it for IE
16:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17878 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Tag editors (and floating toolbar in MARC editor) not working with IE11
16:03 oleonard drojf: I haven't looked at it yet
16:04 oleonard I do have IE11 so I guess I should :|
16:04 drojf yay for IE users :P
16:04 Joubu oleonard: actually it should fail for me as well, but it does not :p
16:05 oleonard Should?
16:06 oleonard Joubu: I do get the error on a new db in 16.05.06
16:06 Joubu oleonard: no actually not. $borrower is undef
16:06 Joubu oleonard: could you confirm you get the error if you directly hit /circ/, without param?
16:07 oleonard Joubu: No error from directly hitting /circ/
16:07 Joubu ha..
16:07 oleonard Joubu: I thought you were leaving this to someone else :)
16:08 Joubu me too...
16:09 Joubu there is something obvious I do not see
16:11 * Joubu checkouts master and forgets the last 15min
16:11 jbeno joined #koha
16:11 Holdings joined #koha
16:11 Holdings Hello everyone
16:11 Holdings I have a problem
16:12 Joubu me too, there is no more tea
16:12 Joubu hi Holdings
16:13 Holdings when i try to place a hold
16:13 Holdings and i click on "place hold"
16:14 Holdings i need to log in again
16:14 Holdings do you know why is that happening?
16:14 Joubu Which version are you using? How did yo install Koha?
16:14 Joubu at the opac or staff interface?
16:15 Joubu Is it a new installation or you just upgraded?
16:17 Holdings
16:17 Holdings its installed on vps
16:17 Joubu you should upgrade to the latest 16.05.x version
16:19 oleonard Holdings: When you log in again does it let you place the hold?
16:21 fridolin left #koha
16:23 Holdings yes
16:23 Holdings it let me
16:23 Holdings but  have other problems too
16:23 Holdings when i go to the opac
16:23 Holdings and i log in
16:24 Holdings the username appears on top
16:24 Holdings but if a make a search or anything i need to log in again
16:25 Holdings and the message "Log in to your account" shows up
16:26 Joubu what's the value of the pref "SessionStorage"?
16:29 NateC joined #koha
16:30 Holdings temporary files
16:32 reiveune bye
16:32 reiveune left #koha
16:34 Joubu try mysql, but temporary files should work
16:34 Holdings and i need to log every time
16:34 Holdings is not working
16:35 Holdings still the same problem
16:35 Joubu did you update to the latest 16.05.x?
16:36 NateC joined #koha
16:36 Holdings no
16:36 Holdings i dont know if i can do it
16:37 Holdings because i cant screw this thing
16:41 Joubu so basically you have to log twice, that's it?
16:41 Holdings yup
16:41 Holdings practically every time
16:41 Holdings when i do a search
16:42 Holdings when i open the opac
16:42 Holdings when i want to place a hold
16:42 Holdings everytime
16:42 Joubu and then you are logged in or you have to login twice again?
16:43 Holdings let me explain it again
16:43 Holdings i open the opac and i log in
16:44 Holdings and i can see my stuff
16:44 Holdings but if i make a search
16:44 Holdings it shows like im not logged in
16:44 Holdings and i need to log again
16:45 Holdings and if i want to place a hold i need to log again
16:45 Joubu ok so it's unusable, but you do not want to break it :)
16:45 Holdings every time i make something like a search or anything i need to log again
16:45 Joubu it is a new install, that's it?
16:46 Holdings lol
16:46 Joubu How did you install it?
16:46 Holdings it not new
16:46 Holdings i have like 1000 books
16:46 Joubu ha, so you upgraded recently?
16:47 Holdings and its something i cant make unusable
16:47 Holdings no...
16:47 Holdings i didnt make any upgrades
16:47 Holdings i installed it like 6 moths ago
16:48 Joubu but the bug is new?
16:49 eythian @quote add <Joubu> ok so it's unusable, but you do not want to break it :)
16:49 huginn eythian: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
16:49 Holdings i dont know
16:49 eythian damnit
16:50 Joubu you do not know if the bug is new?
16:50 Joubu I am sorry I am a bit lost
16:50 Holdings i dont know
16:50 Joubu Is the OPAC public?
16:51 Holdings nope
16:51 Holdings :-(
16:52 eythian have you tried a different browser?
16:54 Joubu ha, what is the error you get when you see the loggin form for the second time?
16:54 Joubu something about the IP?
17:00 Holdings im using google chrome
17:03 Holdings i tried on explorer and still not working
17:04 Holdings on firefox is the same thing
17:05 rocio_afk joined #koha
17:06 LibraryClaire laters #koha
17:06 LibraryClaire left #koha
17:30 LibraryClaire joined #koha
17:31 LibraryClaire @wunder konstanz
17:31 huginn LibraryClaire: An error has occurred and has been logged. Please contact this bot's administrator for more information.
17:31 Holdings uys
17:31 Holdings guys
17:31 Holdings i need some help
17:32 Holdings i need to find biblioitems file
17:32 Holdings i have a problem with some records
17:34 cait_afk it's a database table
17:34 cait_afk not a file
17:35 Holdings well... i need to open it
17:35 Holdings because some records are wrong
17:35 cait_afk you cannot change it in the db
17:35 Holdings it show "null" instead of title
17:35 cait_afk if the record is wrong
17:35 cait_afk it might only not display
17:35 cait_afk does it only display null in the results list?
17:36 Holdings no
17:36 cait_afk what marc flavour is your data in?
17:36 Holdings on patron details
17:37 Holdings marc21
17:37 Holdings when i want to see current check out
17:38 Holdings and i look for a patron
17:38 Holdings it shows "null" instead of title
17:42 Holdings and if a click on "null" i can see the book information
17:48 Holdings hello
17:48 wahanui what's up, Holdings
17:49 Holdings anyone?
17:49 wahanui Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
17:49 Holdings Hey
17:57 martian523 joined #koha
17:58 martian523 good morning!
17:58 wahanui well, it's morning somewhere, yes
17:59 martian523 i was trying to get some help on my koha yesterday, but couldn't finish, hopefully someone can help me today?
18:00 martian523 upgraded from 3.18 to 16.05.07 recently.  everything seems to be running pretty smooth until i hit some errors yesterday in the acquisitions
18:01 martian523 the following error came up when i was trying to look up vendors in acquisitions: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/lib/perl5/ line 2054.
18:03 martian523 then this error came up when i clicked on the money amount in the "ordered" column and "spent" column in the funds list: An error occurred fetching records: Table 'kohadb.aqorders' doesn't exist at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/acqui/ line 88.
18:23 Joubu martian523: this table must exist
18:23 Joubu Do you have a backup of your 3.18 DB to check if the table existed before?
18:24 martian523 i don't think so
18:24 Joubu Did you use the acquisition module before the upgrade?
18:24 martian523 i don't think i have a back up...
18:24 martian523 yep
18:24 martian523 it was ok before
18:24 Joubu do you have access to the DB?
18:25 martian523 yes
18:25 Joubu show tables;
18:25 Joubu will return the number of tables in your DB
18:26 martian523 hold on, let me find my IT
18:29 martian523 actually we can't get to mysql
18:29 martian523 what's the command to mysql?
18:30 martian523 what should be typed after kohasysusr@debian -w01:~$
18:31 Joubu mysql?
18:31 wahanui somebody said mysql was currently limited to 100MB of RAM.
18:32 martian523 where do you find "show tables;"?
18:33 Joubu you need to be in the MySQL CLI
18:33 martian523 for some reason couldn't get in?
18:34 martian523 we've tried many different commands, but still couldn't get into MySQL shell
18:34 Joubu you need to know a mysql user and its password
18:34 Joubu one is defined in the koha-conf.xml file
18:41 martian523 sigh....we can open the koha-conf.xml file but no password
18:42 martian523 i'm going crazy....
18:43 martian523 we almost made it, but just don't know what the password is
18:44 Joubu you have <user> and <pass>
18:53 martian523 i have to wait. IT is busy with something else
18:54 kholt joined #koha
18:54 martian523 this is not fun. i hope the acquisition table can be recovered
18:55 druthb_away joined #koha
19:10 kathryn joined #koha
19:18 martian523 Joubu, how do you get into mysql> ?
19:21 martian523 we got to: root@debian -w01:/home/kohasysusr# koha-mysql  response we got: Usage: /usr/sbin/koha-mysql instancename
19:22 rangi what is your instancename
19:22 rangi the message tells you exactly what you need to type
19:22 martian523 what's the input for instancename? the reason we want to get into mysql shell is because we want to execute : "describe aqbooksellers;"
19:22 rangi when you ran koha-create what instancename did you choose?
19:23 rangi if you cant remember
19:23 rangi sudo koha-list
19:23 rangi will list the instances you have created
19:25 martian523 trying to look for it...seems like we didn't create it
19:25 martian523 is that bad?
19:25 rangi how did you install koha then?
19:30 martian523 we downloaded the koha package
19:30 martian523 so far up to koha 3.18, we were ok
19:31 martian523 right after the upgrade to 16.05.07 everything seems to be fine, until i wanted to do acquisitions
19:43 rangi so you installed with the koha packages?
19:43 rangi then
19:43 rangi sudo koha-list
19:43 rangi will tell you the instance you created
19:45 rangi if it doesnt, you are either on the wrong server, or you didnt install using the debian packages
19:53 abbfla66 joined #koha
19:56 kmlussier joined #koha
19:57 martian523 joined #koha
19:57 martian523 @rangi got into mysql>
19:57 huginn martian523: I've exhausted my database of quotes
20:00 martian523 sorry
20:46 cait joined #koha
20:50 JoshB joined #koha
21:35 martian523 got into mysql...however, mysql> describe aqbooksellers; returned with: ERROR 1046 (3D000): No database selected
21:39 martian523 joined #koha
21:42 cait martian523: you have to do use <databasename>
21:42 cait it's usually something like koha_instancename
21:42 wizzycray so you didn't install using packages then?
21:43 wizzycray martian523, you could try "show databases"
21:46 cait thx wizzyrea :)
21:46 martian523 we initially installed koha with installing debian
21:47 wizzycray ok, on your command line, what do you see if you do
21:47 wizzycray sudo apt-cache policy koha-common
21:47 martian523 then extracting koha-3.14.11.tar.gz file
21:47 wizzycray ahh
21:47 wizzycray then you won't see anything from apt-cache policy :)
21:48 wizzycray right, so
21:48 wahanui somebody said right, so was the cronjob started by default? Or did I misunderstand what it is saying.
21:48 wizzycray in your mysql client, do
21:48 wizzycray show databases
21:48 wizzycray martian523 ^
21:48 wizzycray do you spot your Koha database there?
21:49 martian523 nope. just returend with ->
21:49 martian523 blank
21:49 wizzycray ok, so
21:49 wizzycray put a ;
21:49 wizzycray then enter
21:49 wizzycray show databases;
21:49 wizzycray should be what you run
21:49 wizzycray all mysql client commands end with a semicolon
21:50 wizzycray -> means you have forgotten it.
21:50 wizzycray martian523 ^
21:51 martian523 when put semicolon, returns with error
21:52 wizzycray not surprising
21:52 wizzycray do
21:52 wizzycray exactly this
21:52 martian523 ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'a show databases' at line 1
21:52 wizzycray show databases;
21:52 wizzycray and press enter
21:52 wizzycray martian523 ^
21:53 martian523 ok, got it
21:53 wizzycray awesome.
21:53 wahanui That'll be €1 for the awesome jar, wizzycray
21:53 * wizzycray happily pays
21:54 wizzycray so
21:54 wizzycray you see your koha database there?
21:54 wizzycray martian523 ^
21:54 martian523 +--------------------+ | Database           | +--------------------+ | information_schema | | kohadb             | | mysql              | | performance_schema | +--------------------+ 4 rows in set (0.02 sec)
21:54 wizzycray great
21:54 wizzycray use kohadb;
21:54 wizzycray describe aqbooksellers;
21:55 wizzycray at this point idk what they were wanting you to check for
21:55 wizzycray martian523 ^
21:55 martian523 to check if my table matches the table they sent to me yesterday
21:55 wizzycray but, that's how you look at stuff in your kohadb :)
21:55 martian523 thanks!
21:55 wizzycray in mysql
21:56 martian523 because right now my aquisitions returns with error
21:57 martian523 so yesterday they asked me to check my table with the table they gave me
21:57 wizzycray ah cool
21:57 wizzycray you could also do
21:57 wizzycray select * from aqbooksellers;
21:57 wizzycray to see the data in that table
21:58 martian523 everything looks normal to me except for varchar(10) saying "NO" in Null column
22:01 martian523 sorry got to attend meeting. be back later with solving this acquisitions issue.
22:17 cait wizzycray++ :)
22:28 martian523 I was trying to search for a vendor in acquisitions.  I typed in the vendor name, pressed submit, and this error returned: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/lib/perl5/ line 2054. Then I tried just leaving the search blank and pressed submit. Same error. I also have funds listed in the acquisitions page.  Tried to click on the dollar amount on the "ordered"  and "spent" columns, and the follow err
22:29 martian523 An error occurred fetching records: Table 'kohadb.aqorders' doesn't exist at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/acqui/ line 88.
22:29 martian523 so i guess something went missing during the upgrade??
22:34 wizzycray if you do
22:34 wizzycray describe aqorders;
22:34 wizzycray in your mysql db, does it return anything?
22:34 wizzycray martian523 ^
22:34 wizzycray sorry I keep forgetting to put your name first
22:35 martian523 it's ok. =) yeah, the table
22:37 wizzycray hm, not sure how you could both have the table and not have the table.
22:37 cait other things work? circ and all that?
22:38 martian523 yeah, check in check out works
22:38 martian523 catalog search works
22:38 cait hm odd
22:38 wizzycray hm. ok
22:38 cait oh
22:38 martian523 just acquisitions
22:39 martian523 all of you are very helpful and i really appreciate your help
22:40 wizzycray ok martian523 - please exit out of the mysql client, with
22:40 wizzycray exit
22:40 martian523 ok
22:41 wizzycray would you please do
22:41 wizzycray locate koha-conf.xml
22:41 wizzycray I don't know if that will work
22:42 martian523 ok
22:42 wizzycray but if it does, it will be helpful
22:42 martian523 showed a list of things
22:42 wizzycray ooo
22:42 wizzycray paste them please
22:44 martian523
22:44 wizzycray neat thank you
22:45 wizzycray right
22:45 wizzycray ok so
22:45 wizzycray in your favourite editor, open /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
22:45 wizzycray or just look at it
22:46 wizzycray something like less /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
22:46 martian523 you mean just type that in?
22:46 wizzycray sudo less /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
22:46 wizzycray yep
22:46 wizzycray ^ with the sudo
22:46 martian523 got it
22:47 martian523 want me to paste it?
22:47 wizzycray um no
22:47 wizzycray it's got your db password in it
22:47 wizzycray for your kohadb :)
22:47 wizzycray BUT
22:47 wizzycray what I do want you to do
22:47 wizzycray is scroll down til you see <config>
22:48 wizzycray and look at what the values are for <database>
22:48 wizzycray and for <hostname>
22:48 wizzycray I'm *guessing* it will say 'kohadb' and 'localhost' but it might not!
22:49 wizzycray (I'm just trying to sort out if you are actually looking at the database you think you are)
22:50 martian523 you're correct
22:50 wizzycray and the mysql you connected to with the client
22:50 wizzycray if you know
22:50 wizzycray that was localhost?
22:50 martian523 database: kohadb hostname: localhost
22:50 wizzycray you did something like mysql -uroot -p
22:51 wizzycray to get into the mysql client?
22:51 martian523 yes
22:51 wizzycray fun trick, you can do
22:51 wizzycray (from the values in that koha-conf)
22:51 martian523 with the paranthesis?
22:51 wizzycray mysql -ukoha -p kohadb
22:51 martian523 in mysql?
22:51 wizzycray and the password from that config
22:52 wizzycray that eliminates the "use kohadb" part
22:52 wizzycray in the mysql client
22:52 wizzycray anyway
22:52 wizzycray so ok we are talking to the right db, but we both do and don't think a table exists.
22:52 wizzycray this is perplexing.
22:53 martian523 yes. very interesting
22:53 wizzycray hm
22:53 * wizzycray ponders
22:54 martian523 the worst case is to downgrade and upgrade again...but i really don't wanna do that
22:54 alexbuckley joined #koha
22:54 wizzycray mmm no
22:54 wizzycray can't do that anyway really.
22:55 wizzycray afk for a little, imma background process this problem and have some lunch :)
22:55 martian523 ok. thanks
22:55 martian523 i'll be away as well for a while
22:55 martian523 but you can think on that
22:55 martian523 while having lunch. =)
23:17 bshum_ joined #koha
23:24 cait @wunder Konstanz
23:24 huginn cait: The current temperature in MainaustraÃ&#376;e, Konstanz, Germany is -4.1°C (12:18 AM CET on January 26, 2017). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: -7.0°C. Windchill: -4.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
23:35 bag @wunder pdx
23:36 huginn bag: The current temperature in Portland, Oregon is 7.0°C (2:53 PM PST on January 25, 2017). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 30.30 in 1026 hPa (Steady). Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 1 PM PST Wednesday...
23:36 bag it’s warmed up here cait
23:43 CrispyBran Is there anyone here that works with the kohadevbox?
23:43 aleisha me
23:43 CrispyBran Have you used it in a VM under Windows?
23:44 aleisha no not Windows
23:44 CrispyBran bummer.  OK

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary