IRC log for #koha, 2016-04-13

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:36 oleonard @later tell cait Bug 16237 has a signoff
00:36 huginn oleonard: The operation succeeded.
00:37 bag nice :)
00:42 * Francesca waves
00:49 bigbrovar joined #koha
00:56 mario joined #koha
00:57 kidclamp rangi - from fresh or upgraded db no upgrade errors, can create and edit authorities and they are indexed, searches work in staff and opac, aquisitions searches work, what else to test?
01:01 bag he’s probably at lunch kidclamp
01:03 kidclamp @later tell rangi I have tested all the things I can think of (authorities,staff/opac, facets, acquisitions searching, importing) from fresh db and upgrade. Can I sign off?
01:03 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
01:22 chrisvella joined #koha
01:32 rangi kidclamp: that sounds like everything
01:32 rangi I cant think of anything else
01:33 kidclamp so do I put a sign off on the bug?
01:33 kidclamp or just announce in all caps here? ;-)
01:36 bag CAPS everywhere!!!
01:37 rangi ideally, you would checkout the branch, do a run through marking each patch signed off, push it up somewhere, and say its signed off, then i can pull that in and make the branch be that one
01:37 bag kidclamp: you can push up to our github right?
01:37 kidclamp I can
01:37 bag sweet there we go :)
01:43 kidclamp do you know how many patches ti is rangi?
01:43 rangi 8 million
01:43 martin_ joined #koha
01:43 rangi (a lot)
01:43 bag you probably can git log and score back until you don’t see any signoffs?
01:43 bag scroll
01:43 martin_ hey everyone
01:43 wahanui hmmm... everyone is doin' the hot new dance the Cracked Out Kitty Tail Shiver
01:43 rangi[…]478_elasticsearch
01:44 kidclamp yeah, I just kept losing count
01:44 rangi all the way down to the master tag
01:44 rangi there was a trick to do a bunch at once eh?
01:44 rangi i think its on the wiki
01:44 rangi hi martin_
01:44 kidclamp 80
01:44 martin_ I have a question - I migrated a system to the new 3.22 - since migration the notices will not work. I have looked at crontab, etc. nothing works
01:45 rangi are they being queued in the table in the database?
01:45 martin_ advanced_notices are set to "allow"
01:45 martin_ I used the
01:45 martin_ but not sure
01:45 martin_ is there a way to check if they are being queued?
01:46 martin_ that may be the problem
01:46 bag yup 80 patches kidclamp
01:46 rangi yep look at the message_queue table in the db
01:46 martin_ ok - thanks
01:47 martin_ I can't even express how frustrating this has been
01:47 bag wow kidclamp too bad that’s just one signed off and not 80 - you’d be champ of the year with that :D
01:47 martin_ :)
01:47 kidclamp mveron would still pwn me
01:47 kidclamp that guy is the sign off king
01:47 bag mveron++
01:48 bag he is awesome
01:48 kidclamp bag rangi:[…]/tree/ES-sign-off
01:48 bag cool kidclamp can you change the bug to signed off too?
01:48 rangi ill grab that and push it up now, thanks
01:51 kidclamp alright, now is for beer
01:51 rangi well earned
01:52 kidclamp I did the easy parts
01:52 kidclamp eythian++
01:52 kidclamp rangi++
01:52 kidclamp tcohen++
01:52 kidclamp drojf++
01:52 kidclamp Joubu++
01:52 kidclamp koha++
01:52 kidclamp bag++
01:52 kidclamp cait++
01:52 kidclamp kohadevbox++
01:52 kidclamp allthethings++
01:52 bag beer++
01:52 kidclamp have a good night all!
01:53 bag night night kidclamp
01:53 rangi done
01:54 Francesca joined #koha
01:55 bag excellent
01:55 bag any Qa’ers still awake?
01:58 martin_ hey - I just checked
01:58 martin_ messages are queued
01:58 rangi cool
01:59 martin_ but still no dice on getting message out
01:59 rangi so whats in your mail.log ? (or similar)
01:59 martin_ ok will check
02:03 martin_ joined #koha
02:04 martin_ sorry had to refresh browser
02:04 martin_ mail.log is empty
02:04 martin_ I found it under var
02:07 martin_ child woke up and is crying - have to go --I'll try again later - THANKS!
02:09 bag @later tell martin_ check to see if you have process_message_queue set up as a cronjob
02:09 huginn bag: The operation succeeded.
02:22 NateC joined #koha
02:37 bag alright I am outta
03:00 JoshB joined #koha
03:53 Francesca joined #koha
04:23 Francesca hello!
04:29 cdickinson joined #koha
04:31 wizzyrea hi Francesca
04:31 Francesca heya
04:32 Francesca I have a day off tomorrow!
04:32 wizzyrea \o/
04:32 Francesca so I can come to pizza thursday
04:32 Francesca and work for more than half a day
04:32 Francesca my lecture tomorrow got cancelled
04:32 wizzyrea woohoo!
04:33 Francesca I shouldn't be happy but I am
04:33 Francesca not attending lectures is fun
04:33 Francesca at least cancelled ones
04:33 wizzyrea hehe
04:33 Francesca sup
04:34 Francesca @wunder wlg
04:34 huginn Francesca: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 15.0°C (4:00 PM NZST on April 13, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 59%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
04:36 wizzyrea Francesca: when you get in tomorrow, I have a tool to use to export the themes
04:36 wizzyrea we should try it on plant and food :)
04:36 Francesca oh yes
04:36 Francesca very useful
04:36 Francesca though I'll have to put that theme back up
04:37 Francesca i've been working on the Toi Whakari one on the computer
04:37 wizzyrea ah neat
04:37 wizzyrea anyway we can talk about that tomorrow
04:38 Francesca yup
04:38 Francesca I'll be in about 10.30ish
04:38 Francesca which reminds me I should go and email kathryn to let her know
04:39 wizzyrea I'll tell her
04:39 Francesca thanks
04:39 wizzyrea she says "ok!"
04:39 Francesca cool
04:39 Francesca I'm excited
04:39 Francesca feels like I haven't been to pizza thursday for aggggges
04:43 irma joined #koha
04:44 irma joined #koha
05:09 cait joined #koha
06:14 magnuse joined #koha
06:30 wilfrid joined #koha
06:37 magnuse hooray for bug 12478
06:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12478 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Signed Off , Elasticsearch support for Koha
06:42 reiveune joined #koha
06:43 reiveune hello
06:55 drojf joined #koha
06:55 drojf morning
06:58 Francesca joined #koha
07:02 magnuse moin drojf
07:02 drojf hei magnuse
07:11 paul_p joined #koha
07:15 alex_a joined #koha
07:26 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:27 gaetan_B hello
07:29 magnuse bonjour gaetan_B
08:25 Francesca joined #koha
09:11 SamEEE joined #koha
09:15 alex_a joined #koha
09:15 cait joined #koha
09:19 * cait waves
09:19 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:35 alex_a joined #koha
11:25 * magnuse waves to cait
11:40 oleonard joined #koha
11:41 oleonard Hi #koha
11:43 Oak joined #koha
11:45 * Oak waves
11:45 Oak Hello druthb !
11:45 Oak magnuse
11:45 Oak Guten tag cait.
11:48 cait Oak.:)
11:48 Oak :)
11:49 druthb Hi, Oak!
11:49 meliss joined #koha
11:49 druthb Hiya, cait! :)
11:58 irma joined #koha
12:10 magnuse oleonard! Oak! cait! druthb!
12:14 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:14 druthb magnuse!
12:14 wahanui magnuse is afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza.
12:14 oleonard I'm awake! I'm awake!
12:14 * oleonard was just resting his eyes
12:14 druthb oleonard!
12:14 wahanui somebody said oleonard was still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
12:15 * oleonard ...and his head, on the desk.
12:16 druthb keep a pillow in your office.  Desks are too firm.
12:16 ericar joined #koha
12:17 oleonard anyone else having trouble fetching from git today?
12:17 nengard joined #koha
12:18 * druthb blames nengard.
12:20 oleonard Seems logical.
12:20 alex_a joined #koha
12:21 JoshB joined #koha
12:21 druthb She's a very responsible person.  Anything bad happens, she's responsible.
12:25 nengard :p
12:25 nengard to both of you
12:29 JoshB left #koha
12:36 druthb :P
12:41 tcohen joined #koha
12:48 oleonard Anyone else have this message filling their logs? "Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /C4/ line 351"
12:52 kivilahtio drojf: https://renki.vaarakirjastot.f[…]ingRecordPush.mp4
12:52 kivilahtio WIP on a cataloguing record push feature
12:53 kivilahtio so we catalogue to one central Koha instance, and from there we can easily push records to "live" production Kohas where the record is consumed
12:53 kivilahtio fyi since you were interested in the other features :)
12:53 kivilahtio take care!
13:00 oleonard No oleonard, that error is your fault and no one else is getting it because they don't leave junk lying around where it doesn't belong.
13:01 kivilahtio I like monologues
13:01 kivilahtio especialyl interesting ones
13:02 talljoy joined #koha
13:04 JesseM joined #koha
13:06 geek_cl joined #koha
13:07 tcohen morning
13:08 tcohen hi kivilahtio, its been a while!
13:08 kivilahtio good evening!
13:08 wahanui evening is the time of day we all look forward too
13:08 kivilahtio tcohen: indeed it has
13:08 kivilahtio tcohen: my frustration is not waning
13:09 kivilahtio tcohen: We need to implement front-end javscript framework for Koha so we can build better front-end apps
13:09 kivilahtio but then we would have to discuss a lot with the community on what tools to use
13:09 kivilahtio constantly facing issues like caching and exception handling int hte javscript layer
13:09 tcohen sure, help us have a more complete REST api and that would be an easy one
13:10 kivilahtio We already adopted Jasmine BDD to drive javascript testing
13:10 kivilahtio tcohen: I know, thanks for the offer
13:11 kivilahtio jasmine is very easy to get started with
13:17 kivilahtio tcohen: the point is I dont want to touch Koha code without TestObjectFactories, and I dont want to touch the REST API without the swagger2-spec driven permission handling. They all make my life as a programmer much easier.
13:17 kivilahtio I could contribute, but with a lot of dependencies not in Koha yet
13:17 kivilahtio lot of BIG dependencies
13:18 kivilahtio or the Swagger2 test runner
13:18 kivilahtio they all have bugs opened and code lying around (very stale however)
13:18 kivilahtio so no point
13:23 tcohen kivilahtio: bug 15126
13:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15126 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , REST API: Use newer version of Swagger2
13:29 mario joined #koha
13:30 bigbrovar joined #koha
13:36 rocio joined #koha
13:37 NateC joined #koha
13:47 JesseM joined #koha
13:49 cma joined #koha
13:58 tgoatley joined #koha
13:58 alex_a joined #koha
13:58 oleonard git fetch is working again for me. Thanks to everyone for helping me get through this dark time.
13:59 druthb :P
14:02 kivilahtio <3
14:07 alohalog` joined #koha
14:22 oleonard "No claims notice defined. Please define one." Why not? And how am I supposed to know how to define the right notice?
14:25 oleonard Bug 4398
14:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4398 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , Example notice for 'claims notice' in Serials
14:25 oleonard Vintage.
14:29 oleonard ...but I already have the notice described in that bug. Why is it telling me I don't have a claims notice?
14:30 kidclamp joined #koha
14:30 Joubu Are you sure you have a claimissues notice?
14:31 Joubu (and not the claimacquisition)
14:31 oleonard Is that what I'm supposed to have? Because I can't find any information about what I'm supposed to have
14:32 Joubu you should have the claimacquisition, because it's in inserted on installing
14:32 Joubu but the claimserial is not
14:32 Joubu that's what 4398 is supposed to fix
14:33 Joubu and I guess it's why you get the warning
14:34 oleonard By the way Joubu I'm testing Bug 16154 today. I'm trying to poke lots of things.
14:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16154 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Replace CGI->param with CGI->multi_param in list context
14:34 Joubu great idea :)
14:42 tcohen hi Joubu
14:42 Joubu hi tco
14:42 Joubu hen...
14:42 tcohen joined #koha
14:42 Joubu hi tcohen!
14:43 tcohen hi Joubu
14:43 Joubu :)
14:43 tcohen hey, how are you doing?
14:43 Joubu fine, &you?
14:43 tcohen i'm fine too
14:43 tcohen trying to help with the things you mentioned in your email
14:44 oleonard No column 'last_returned_by' in deleteitems... Batch delete fails.
14:46 Joubu oleonard: this column does not exist
14:46 Joubu even in the items table
14:46 eythian
14:46 oleonard Then perhaps I have something left over after testing a patch
14:46 eythian wahanui: programming is <reply>
14:46 wahanui OK, eythian.
14:59 TGoat joined #koha
15:01 oleonard "performed an eager cursor slurp underneath" You don't say?
15:02 Joubu tcohen: bug 16229 is freshly signed off :)
15:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16229 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Koha::Cache should be on the safe side
15:03 tcohen Joubu: i'm not convinced about the 'only clear cache when needed' urgency
15:04 tcohen it is a tricky thing, and I think it can be delayed until we figure it doesn't cost more calculating it, than fetching the data again
15:04 tcohen and as tricky as it is, it ca go wrong, so no rush for me
15:04 Joubu tcohen: the priority is 16229 then 16221
15:05 Joubu tcohen: then see 16140#c16
15:05 * tcohen agrees
15:05 tcohen lets see
15:06 Joubu It has been proven that the calculation cost more than what it brings
15:06 Joubu tcohen: then it's bug 16166
15:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16166 major, P2, ---, abl, Needs Signoff , Improve L1 cache performance and safety
15:15 pianohacker joined #koha
15:20 reiveune bye
15:20 reiveune left #koha
15:43 cbrannon joined #koha
16:09 bigbrovar joined #koha
16:26 cait gah.
16:26 cait those cronjobs for self reg are not good
16:26 cait one deletes a patron without checking for issues fines whatever... and the other deletes borrower_modifications without checking if it's a self reg or a change reqzest?
16:33 oleonard :(
16:34 cait not activating those for now... have to think.
16:34 cait *sighs*
16:34 cait bye #koha
16:36 cait left #koha
16:40 hector joined #koha
16:44 bigbrovar joined #koha
17:06 bigbrovar joined #koha
17:47 drojf magnuse: around?
17:55 oleonard Bye #koha
17:56 ribasushi joined #koha
18:11 tcohen hi cait
18:12 tcohen ok, I'll take on bug 16229
18:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16229 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Koha::Cache should be on the safe side
18:34 drojf bug 16245
18:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16245 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Enhancements to RIS fails on change TY
18:34 drojf hm nope
18:34 drojf bug 16254
18:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16254 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Koha/Catmandu dependency clash
18:37 drojf damn norwegian library card :P
18:38 cdickinson joined #koha
18:42 reiveune joined #koha
18:42 rocio joined #koha
18:47 hanthana joined #koha
18:51 cait joined #koha
18:53 Karl_H joined #koha
18:53 cait hi all
18:53 cait meeting in 7 minutes :)
18:57 * cait waves and jumps up and down
18:57 cait so wuiet
18:57 cait quiet
18:59 reiveune left #koha
19:00 cait ok
19:00 cait quick survey: someone here for the meeting?
19:00 kidclamp i am here
19:00 cait iwill give it a few more minutes
19:00 cait aah
19:00 cait ok, but 2 is not a crowd yet :)
19:01 kidclamp hehe true and in another meeting as well
19:01 cait ping bag
19:01 cait ping drojf
19:01 cait ping everyone
19:01 drojf i am somewhat here
19:02 drojf deep in the cpan, fishing for dependencies
19:02 cait sounds... interesting
19:02 cait i think we should at least be...5 maybe?
19:02 cait i will wait a bit longer, maybe 10 past?
19:03 * barton is in the same meeting as kidclamp, but can multi-task.
19:07 geek_cl joined #koha
19:08 cait last call for the meeting - participants speak up :)
19:08 drojf looks not very meetish
19:08 barton here, cait!
19:09 cait hm
19:09 cait not sure it makes much sense with the four of us
19:09 cait shoudl we reschedule to a different time, next week maybe?
19:09 tcohen hi cait
19:09 bag here
19:10 cait ah
19:10 cait ok
19:10 cait that looks a bit better now
19:10 cait i think we are about 5-6 people for the meeting now
19:10 cait shall we start?
19:11 cait lively crowd ;)
19:11 bag sure
19:11 bag :)
19:11 bag grabbing a coffee really quickly
19:11 cait #startmeeting  Development IRC meeting 13 April 2016
19:11 huginn Meeting started Wed Apr 13 19:11:38 2016 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
19:11 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:11 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 April 2016)
19:11 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_13_april_2016'
19:11 cait #Introductions
19:11 cait Please introduce yourself using #info
19:11 cait #topic Introductions
19:11 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
19:11 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 April 2016)
19:12 cait like wahanuijust did
19:12 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany
19:12 cait today's agenda can be found at https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_13_April_2016
19:12 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_13_April_2016
19:12 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:12 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
19:12 barton #info Barton Chittenden, Bywater
19:13 cait tcohen: ?
19:13 cait kidclamp: ?
19:14 ericar_ joined #koha
19:14 cait less than 5 again?
19:15 kidclamp #info Nick CLemens, ByWater Solutiojns
19:15 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
19:15 cait ok, moving on
19:15 ericar__ joined #koha
19:15 cait #topic Review coding guidelines
19:15 Topic for #koha is now Review coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 April 2016)
19:16 cait khall had proposed to do a draft for a new goding guidelines page  - but I think it will take him a bit longer :)
19:16 cait so we can move on to the second suggestion from oleonard:
19:17 cait #info  [oleonard] Proposal: Add a coding guideline discouraging the use of  the "onclick" attribute in favor of defining click handlers in separate  JavaScript blocks or files.
19:17 cait oleonard has apologized from today's meeting
19:17 cait is this something people generally agree on or are there questions?
19:18 * barton generally agrees.
19:18 kidclamp is there a reason for the preference?
19:18 cait i think there is one... but i don't know it
19:18 kidclamp well, it seems reasonable and I trust oleonard to have agood reason
19:18 cait similar here
19:18 cait question is, can we vote?
19:19 barton I'm willing to vote.
19:20 kidclamp me too
19:20 barton +1
19:20 cait #vote Should we add oleonards proposed guideline to the coding guidelines? (yes,no)
19:20 cait sec
19:20 barton yes
19:20 cait #startvote Should we add oleonards proposed guideline to the coding guidelines? (yes,no)
19:20 huginn Begin voting on: Should we add oleonards proposed guideline to the coding guidelines? Valid vote options are , yes, no, .
19:20 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
19:20 cait sorry, i always mess that up
19:21 cait #vote yes
19:21 barton yes
19:21 barton #vote yes
19:21 kidclamp #vote yes
19:22 drojf not really qualified to vote on this, but if oleonard wants it its probably right ;)
19:22 drojf #vote yes
19:22 kidclamp I think that is what we all agree, let's hope he does not go mad with power
19:22 cait :)
19:22 cait #endvote
19:22 huginn Voted on "Should we add oleonards proposed guideline to the coding guidelines?" Results are
19:22 huginn yes (4): kidclamp, cait, barton, drojf
19:23 cait #agreed Proposed guideline will be added.
19:23 cait #action oleonard to add his proposed coding guideline, maybe with an example, to the coding guidelines page
19:23 cait #topic Any bugs that are in discussion
19:23 Topic for #koha is now Any bugs that are in discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 April 2016)
19:24 cait does someone have a bug on mind he/she wants to bring up here?
19:25 cait if there is none, i'll jump to the next topic
19:25 cait #topic General development discussion
19:25 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 April 2016)
19:25 drojf nobody tested bug 15303 so far, so i wonder if i should invest the time to make the changed i intended or it's not going in the next release aqnyway
19:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15303 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , Letsencrypt option for Debian package installations
19:25 cait i think it might be something for testing at the hackfest maybe
19:26 drojf that is a little late for 16.05
19:26 cait i am not good about sysadmin - but i think there would be other people interested to get walked through it
19:26 cait true
19:26 cait i'd like very much to see it - but don't feel comfortable about testing myself
19:27 kidclamp does it renew the certificates too?
19:28 drojf that needs a cron job. i can add that
19:29 kidclamp I think that would make it even more appealing, but with cait, not my wheelhouse
19:30 cait tcohen maybe?
19:30 drojf i wanted to have some things in koha-letsencrypt and have an option to LE-ify existing instances. i would throw that in until end of the week, but as a lot of people so far said they want to have it and nobody tested the parts so far, i have more urgent things to do
19:31 cait maybe send a quick mail to the mailing list?
19:32 cait saying you need someone to test in order to make thi smoving at this point?
19:32 drojf hm. maybe
19:34 cait about the other 4 topics
19:34 cait i don't want to discuss all of them in this small group i think
19:34 cait is there somehting someone is specifically interested in ?
19:35 drojf in general, let's use more catmandu :)
19:35 drojf when is feature freeze?
19:36 cait 28th
19:36 cait lots of good things in the queue
19:36 kidclamp 15930 would be nice to get in, and backport
19:36 cait and Joubu sent a good summary email
19:36 cait bug 15930
19:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15930 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , DataTables patron search defaulting to 'starts_with' and not getting correct parameters to parse multiple word searches
19:36 cait hm agreed, looks like a bug fix
19:36 drojf ok then i'm trying to get my own tester :P
19:36 cait so should be not a problem for backporting hopefully
19:37 cait when you find out where to buy them tlel me
19:37 cait i need more qa people :)
19:37 drojf i hope tcohen will qa it when i get a signoff person
19:38 cait the other topics are all worthwhile, but probably for another time
19:38 cait can we move to updates from QA?
19:38 barton good by me.
19:38 cait #info bug 15930 for 16.05 and backport
19:38 cait #info feature freeze is on April 28
19:39 cait #info bug 15303 needs a tester to help it moving forward
19:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15303 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , Letsencrypt option for Debian package installations
19:39 cait just feeding the minutes
19:39 cait #topic Updates from the QA team
19:39 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 April 2016)
19:39 cait as always... fix all the bugs please, write good test plans and working code :)
19:39 cait but aside from that i have a proposal
19:39 drojf that is not an update :P
19:39 cait something i'd like to try
19:39 cait #info  [kfischer] proposal to have an 'exception rule' for SIP2  and LDAP related patches being able to pass QA with 2 sign offs.
19:40 cait we have tried several things.. but ldap and sip2 patches are getting stuck
19:40 cait there are not a lot of testers for those and they are hard to test
19:40 cait i'd like to try if it works with 2 sign-offs
19:40 cait and a qa 'nod'
19:41 cait what do people think?
19:41 kathryn joined #koha
19:41 cait you can say if you hate the idea - but the quiet is scary
19:42 drojf i wonder what is actually required to test those
19:42 barton cait: I'm ambivalent -- on one hand I think that moving patches through expiditiously is a good thing, but we also seem to have a lot of weird bugs show up in new releases, especially wrt/ sip.
19:42 eythian you could also suggest a hackfest project to make a SIP/LDAP test system :) (not volunteering ;)
19:42 cait i am torn myself
19:42 cait but a lot of bug fixes got stuck as well
19:43 beatsforthemind joined #koha
19:43 drojf is ashimema coming to greece?
19:43 kidclamp I feel like it sounds reasonable, if the qa 'nod' includes a review fo the code
19:43 cait no - school holidays in UK
19:43 cait i'd say so
19:43 drojf who else has any idea of this stuff?
19:43 kidclamp faster passing through might make an extra bug, but allows for the fix to come in
19:43 barton did we ever get any unit tests for sip? I know that someone was working on it at some point...
19:44 cait khall - but he also writes a lot of the stuff
19:44 cait ColinC
19:44 kidclamp maybe get their views?
19:44 cait ColinC can technically pass QA - we approved of that a while ago as a first measure
19:44 cait to have an extra SIP person
19:45 cait at the moment the queue is not super bad
19:45 cait let me check
19:45 beatsforthemind Is there a reason why the Zebra SRU results don’t include the biblio numbers of the recrds?
19:45 beatsforthemind records*
19:45 cait hm for ldap i see imeediately on the dashboard
19:45 cait bug 14144
19:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14144 minor, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Silence warnings t/db_dependent/Auth_with_ldap.t
19:45 cait bug 6979
19:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6979 major, P1 - high, ---, alex.arnaud, Needs Signoff , LDAP authentication fails during password comparison
19:45 drojf beatsforthemind: we are in a meeting
19:45 cait bug 15006 sip
19:45 beatsforthemind sorry :/
19:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15006 normal, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Signed Off , Need to distinguish client timeout from login timeout
19:46 cait beatsforthemind: pretty sure they do - checked 999$c?
19:46 drojf nothing to be sorry about, but you will probably get no answers atm
19:46 barton beatsforthemind: if you're looking at results in the opac, my guess is that numbers will be supressed if there's any hidden items.
19:47 cait probably more in needs sign off
19:47 cait barton: ?
19:47 cait SRU :)
19:47 barton ah. sorry. nvm.
19:48 * barton had his light out, got eaten by an SRU.
19:48 barton back to dev meeting.
19:48 cait heh
19:49 cait ok, we don't have to vote on this if people are not sure about
19:49 barton yeah, I'd want more input from the community.
19:49 cait i might encourage a second sign off in some cases to give the qa people a bit more
19:49 beatsforthemind 999$c is it. thanks cait!
19:49 cait yq
19:49 cait yw
19:49 cait ok, time for setting a date/time next meeting?
19:50 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
19:50 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 13 April 2016)
19:50 cait i have a proposal here too - i think this time doesn't work well
19:50 cait if we moved it by 2 hours, it won't work for europe well (11pm) but woudl be better for australia/nz i guess
19:50 cait is there something we could work out?
19:51 cait to keep with the rotation i'd suggest 15 utc otherwise for the next meeting
19:51 cait should we have another before feature freeze or is later fine too?
19:52 barton it seems like the 15 utc meetings are better attended.
19:52 drojf before would probably make sense?
19:52 bag ok back
19:52 bag ES is signed off!!!
19:52 barton bag: w00t!
19:53 cait bag: that was a real quick coffee? ;)
19:53 cait hm
19:53 cait that leves next week
19:53 cait or something like 26th
19:53 barton bag: what's the bug number on that?
19:53 kidclamp he had to pick, roast, grind and brew, pretty fast for all of that
19:54 kidclamp bug 12478
19:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12478 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Signed Off , Elasticsearch support for Koha
19:55 kidclamp next week could be good cait as low attendance today
19:55 cait ok
19:56 cait wednesday, 20th - 15 utc?
19:56 kidclamp +1
19:56 barton +1
19:56 cait #agreed Next meeting will be on April 20, 15 UTC
19:56 cait #endmeeting
19:56 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
19:56 huginn Meeting ended Wed Apr 13 19:56:38 2016 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:56 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-13-19.11.html
19:56 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]6-04-13-19.11.txt
19:56 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]13-19.11.log.html
19:57 cait thx all
19:57 kidclamp cait++
19:58 kidclamp karma cait
19:58 wahanui cait has karma of 791
19:58 cait wow, when did that happen
19:58 kidclamp you can break 1000 by the end of the year
19:59 cait @karma
19:59 huginn cait: Highest karma: "cait" (343), "Joubu" (316), and "tcohen" (242).  Lowest karma: "failed" (-26), "<-" (-26), and "ie" (-26).  You (cait) are ranked 1 out of 572.
19:59 drojf ie--
19:59 cait oh interesting, different count there
19:59 cait ie--
19:59 drojf karma drojf
19:59 wahanui drojf has karma of 219
19:59 cait drojf++
19:59 drojf @karma
19:59 huginn drojf: Highest karma: "cait" (343), "Joubu" (316), and "tcohen" (242).  Lowest karma: "ie" (-28), "failed" (-26), and "<-" (-26).  You (drojf) are ranked 12 out of 572.
19:59 drojf ah it does not tell me
20:00 kidclamp @karma
20:00 huginn kidclamp: Highest karma: "cait" (343), "Joubu" (316), and "tcohen" (242).  Lowest karma: "ie" (-28), "failed" (-26), and "<-" (-26).  You (kidclamp) are ranked 47 out of 572.
20:00 kidclamp top 50!
20:01 cait on the way up :)
20:01 cait kidclamp++
20:01 kidclamp heh thanks
20:12 JoshB joined #koha
20:14 JoshB left #koha
20:15 NateC joined #koha
20:26 rangi morning
20:28 magnuse night
20:29 pianohacker oh, heh, wahanui and huginn are both tracking karma
20:29 pianohacker karma pianohacker
20:29 wahanui pianohacker has karma of 79
20:29 pianohacker @karma pianohacker
20:29 huginn pianohacker: Karma for "pianohacker" has been increased 48 times and decreased 1 time for a total karma of 47.
20:29 pianohacker @karma
20:29 huginn pianohacker: Highest karma: "cait" (343), "Joubu" (316), and "tcohen" (242).  Lowest karma: "ie" (-28), "failed" (-26), and "<-" (-26).  You (pianohacker) are ranked 18 out of 572.
20:52 rangi drojf: are you about?
20:52 drojf yep
20:53 rangi im testing your letsencrypt patches
20:53 drojf awesome!
20:53 wahanui That'll be $1 for the awesome jar, drojf
20:53 rangi when you built a package yesterday, did you run into a missing dependency (to do with EDI) for the Readonly module?
20:54 drojf hmmm no. for installation or during build? i turned of tests
20:54 drojf off
20:55 rangi yeah would have been during tests
20:56 rangi right ill see if i can fix that, yak shaving
20:56 drojf there was one test that always failed so i had to turn it off. i can try now
20:56 drojf (that failing one was a while back, i just kept it like that)
20:56 eythian <-- drojf, have you played this yet?
20:57 drojf no ;)
20:57 eythian you should
20:57 talljoy_ joined #koha
21:00 drojf rangi: running build now, can tell you in a few minutes
21:04 drojf btw i tried latest catmandu and koha. it's a pain in the ass but i got all deps built now apart from the ES stuff.
21:05 drojf which will probably take the same time again :D
21:05 rangi sweet
21:06 rangi im just fixing the tests now
21:06 rangi while packages build
21:06 drojf do you know what we are missing right now from catmandu, for ES in koha with the version in jessie?
21:07 drojf i found only one… i think catmandu::store::elasticsearch?
21:07 rangi http://debian.koha-community.o[…]koha/otherthings/
21:07 rangi yeah
21:07 rangi you need those other .deb in there
21:07 rangi to install that one
21:09 drojf yes, i was wondering because johann said it might be a lot
21:10 rangi i think thats it
21:10 drojf i cna send him a list of missing stuff for catmandu 1.02 though, that is a lot :P
21:10 rangi heh yeah
21:10 rangi interesting
21:10 wahanui hmmm... interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
21:10 rangi[…]/DebianPerlSprint
21:10 rangi im flying through zurich, but the day after that finishes
21:11 cait and after i have left heh
21:11 cait i am flying form zürich
21:11 cait but the day before :)
21:11 drojf timing is everything
21:11 rangi that would have been good to go to
21:11 wahanui i already had it that way, drojf.
21:12 drojf yeah given the way you got to travel anyway that would have made sense
21:16 rangi damnit another one
21:16 rangi Can't locate Net/SFTP/
21:16 rangi did someone miss updating the dependencies I wonder?
21:17 drojf i had to restart the build because apparently i tried two options to disable tests and only deleted the one that does not do it. lol
21:17 bag I think we needed a new package rolled there (iirc) I was looking at that
21:17 bag I forget at the moment - being pulled in tax direction (hence slow pushing ;) )
21:17 drojf alright now we got broken tests
21:18 drojf yeah i start with Net/SFTP/ what did you have before?
21:20 beatsforthemind joined #koha
21:21 drojf oh but that also means whatever was the test that always failed is fixed. nice
21:21 drojf so i leave them enabled now
21:21 rangi Readonly was missing before
21:22 drojf i did not have that
21:23 beatsforthemind Are there size or other limits that are put on the ‘Upload local cover image’ files by Koha outside of the web server?
21:23 cait hm
21:23 cait have you cheked the preferences?
21:24 beatsforthemind Looks like they get base64 encoded (or something similar) and stored right in the database.
21:25 beatsforthemind Not as a link to a file.
21:25 cait yeah that's corect for the local covers
21:26 cait i think there is no file limit afaik
21:26 rangi well ive fixed the tests for elasticsearch, ill try letsencrypt again now
21:27 drojf hmmm. installing libnet-sftp-foreign-perl does not fix the test for me. it stil says  Can't locate Net/SFTP/
21:28 drojf rangi++
21:28 drojf i'll try the ES tests meanwhile
21:33 drojf ah tricky. i have no ES set up on my dev VM
21:34 rangi ahh yeah that does make it tricky
21:35 drojf i'll do that now, unless you tell me i can run the test on a package installation ;)
21:35 rangi i don't think so
21:35 kidclamp i can test and SO the ES tests
21:36 kidclamp assuming nothig beyond they fail before and pass after
21:36 rangi thats it
21:37 drojf kidclamp: if you'd do that that would be cool, then i'll skip setting that up now
21:38 kidclamp done
21:38 rangi packages built with tests turned off
21:38 drojf kidclamp++
21:40 drojf somebody should clean my VMs. it's getting confusing
21:42 rangi right, testing now
21:43 cait drojf: hand overyour laptop to me... i will take care of it
21:44 rangi it works!
21:44 wahanui But now the Universe has disappeared
21:45 rangi not again
21:45 drojf damn. lol
21:46 cait oleonard++ # lots of testing
21:46 drojf rangi: i found[…]e/ubuntu/catmandu how do you set that up? is there some magic or do you just upload your packages somehow? i was thinking about where to throw the catmandu 1.x deps that is less work for others than wgetting it (but not a lot of work for me either)
21:47 eythian <-- drojf DROJF
21:47 rangi yeah that is way out of date
21:48 rangi[…]ax/catmandu/trunk  <-- this keeps up to date tho
21:48 rangi basically once you have stuff in launchpad, you can create packaging recipes
21:48 rangi and then it will automatigically build them
21:49 rangi but I got distracted by other stuff
21:49 drojf hm yep that sounds like it would distract me from other stuff :D
21:51 eythian you could have provisioning from within koha :)
21:53 drojf "NOTE: This code at this point is functional but should be considered 'alpha' quality."
21:53 drojf protocol-acme that is
21:53 eythian what are you, chicken? :)
21:53 drojf :D
22:07 pastebot "drojf" at pasted "hmmmmmmmm…" (31 lines) at
22:09 eythian drojf: is =~ valid in bash these days?
22:09 pianohacker drojf: /bin/sh vs /bin/bash ?
22:09 eythian oh, it does
22:09 eythian *is
22:10 eythian try quoting it
22:10 eythian might stop the ( ) upsetting things
22:10 eythian or maybe escape them
22:11 drojf eythian: you mean quote the part after =~ ?
22:11 eythian yeah
22:11 eythian or prefix the ( ) with \
22:14 cdickinson joined #koha
22:27 cait pianohacker: hm 16237 - marked signed of... but is not?
22:27 drojf eythian: i think that helps, it complains somewhere else now. i'll fix all of those and see if it works, thanks!
22:28 pianohacker cait: I have no idea. Poke oleonard
22:28 cait hm yeah
22:28 cait he left me a note :)
22:28 cait will add his line and he can still veto the patch
22:29 drojf (i tried quoting it)
22:29 bag ah you do check your notes cait
22:29 cait pianohacker: much better
22:29 bag :D
22:29 cait i like emails a bit better
22:30 cait i don't have logs at work and when i see them there sometimes forget about them
22:30 bag @later tell bag  - send cait emails not @laters
22:30 huginn bag: The operation succeeded.
22:30 cait EDI looks impressive
22:30 cait i have no idea what all the fields do :)
22:30 cait but it's no longer exploding :)
22:31 bag yeah it does totally feel like it’s overkill
22:31 bag I wish everyone used the standard - then it wouldn’t be so crazy
22:31 cait does it come with a detailed manual?
22:31 cait i wonder if some fields should be marked as required on that form
22:32 bag I think nengard will be on that
22:39 irma joined #koha
22:56 cait hm new low for nso - 130
22:56 cait qa is up of course
22:57 cait 41
22:57 bag awesome sauce :)
22:58 * cait wishes we could clone Joubu
22:58 bag it’s better to make PQA the higher than NSO
22:58 bag sorry QA not PQA ;)
22:58 bag but PQA bring the highest is the bestest
22:58 bag s/bring/being
22:58 bag sorry for the typing problems today
22:58 bag yeesh
22:59 cait almost 1 pm...
22:59 cait i missed the point of turning into a pumpkin
23:03 cait night all
23:03 wahanui goodnight cait. You'll be back.
23:03 cait left #koha
23:21 pianohacker whoah.
23:21 rangi ?
23:21 pianohacker I'm getting a really odd error from the ES rebuild script
23:22 pianohacker can't locate method _columns via package "<?xml ..."
23:23 pianohacker drojf/eythian: ^?
23:23 wahanui ^ is what I think too
23:23 wizzyrea <?
23:23 wahanui well, < is still here
23:23 wizzyrea that kinda looks like it might be a typo
23:41 drojf joined #koha
23:53 pianohacker swaaaaaaaank this indexing is so fast!
23:54 pianohacker (once I tell it not to index authorities)
23:54 pianohacker (because that is BROKEN)
23:55 rangi ah yeah, fixing the authorities on my list, but yeah it's super fast
23:56 rangi fast to search too
23:56 rangi and once we get it in, because it is returning json
23:56 rangi easy enough to write a js based search too
23:57 pianohacker rangi: any docs on debugging "no results found"?
23:57 chrisvella joined #koha
23:57 rangi hmm?
23:57 pianohacker ES is running, SearchEngine is set, no results for simple keyword searches in the intranet
23:57 rangi you can paste the query into the ES server manually
23:58 rangi they are pretty human readable, might help you spot what it's doing wrong, maybe the wrong index
23:59 rangi for the last bit, ive mostly been focused on making sure that it doesn't break zebra, because I figure that is the blocker, so haven't been working much on the ES side at all
23:59 pianohacker hmm, indexmissingexception

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary