IRC log for #koha, 2016-01-27

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:24 JoshB joined #koha
00:43 dcook Interesting... the CSV export on the inventory in 3.8 is a mix of latin1 and utf8...
00:45 rangi most likely your data is a mix of latin1 and utf8
00:45 dcook Hmm
00:45 dcook I'm not sure about that
00:45 dcook The title is utf8, but some of the other content in the CSV is latin1
00:46 rangi yep
00:46 dcook like itemnumber
00:46 dcook So yes, I mean, I agree, haha
00:46 rangi :)
00:46 dcook I meant the record is probably in utf8, although yeah it looks like a different record is in latin1
00:46 dcook So reading the file as utf8 shows the Arabic but breaks the "French"
00:47 rangi yeah, basically it will store what we give it, I dont think we try to do conversions on export .. at least I hope we don't therein lies madness
00:47 dcook Hmm but a CSV export can be in utf8 apparently so that might take care of most of it..
00:47 dcook True that
00:48 dcook I'm guess that latin1 record must've been inserted directly into the DB..
00:49 dcook I'm surprised that the itemnumber and such are in latin1 as those should be utf8, although someone may have messed with that db and it's an older db..
00:52 dcook Actually I have no idea what numbers are being output in this..
00:53 rangi yeah I think the older the db, the more likely it's in some kinda halfway state
00:53 dcook Totally :/
00:53 rangi in unrelated news
00:54 rangi im going to be in australia for about 2 weeks, starting on sunday
00:54 rangi in geelong until the next saturday, then in melbourne until friday
00:54 rangi (LCA then VALA)
00:55 dcook Nice! I wanted to go to LCA, but not leaving Sydney at the moment.
00:55 rangi fair enough
00:55 dcook Two people from our parent ed group have already had babies, so it's really any day now, even though they shouldn't come until March
00:56 rangi yeah kahu was 5 weeks early
00:56 dcook Was he your oldest or youngest?
00:57 rangi oldest
00:57 dcook Oh wow. That's interesting!
00:57 dcook Statistically, Stormy is going to be late, but you never know..
00:57 rangi *nod*
00:57 dcook One baby was 10 weeks early and the other... 5 I think
00:58 dcook I guess it means I should hurry up with this OAI stuff :p
00:58 rangi hehe
00:58 dcook Lots I would change about it, but hopefully it'll be functioning and testable within the next couple weeks
00:59 bag heh go go :)
00:59 dcook Ahhh, we made the CSV export UTF8 in a later version
00:59 bag I’ll leave bug 8753 for another day and more testing
00:59 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8753 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, charles.farmer, Passed QA , Add forgot password link to OPAC
01:00 * dcook will be stoked when forgotten password recovery is in Koha
01:00 bag soon very soon - I’m hoping to push that tomorrow
01:00 dcook :)
01:05 dcook rangi: Ah, it was because of the default binmode being latin1.
01:06 rangi ahh yeah that makes sense
01:06 dcook Yep
01:07 dcook Of course, Excel still reads it as latin1 by default even when it's UTF8.
01:07 dcook Microsoft--
01:07 rangi the hardest thing about any migration is convincing the librarians not to open files in excel before they send them
01:07 dcook Soo true
01:07 rangi it just wrecks everything
01:08 dcook I want to say it autosaves, yeah?
01:08 dcook Maybe not..
01:08 rangi it might not, but they often 'fix' the column headings or something
01:08 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15188: Do not remove unused auths if zebra is not reachable <[…]8df9874083b9f0966> / Bug 15188 - Fixes will delete all authorities if zebra... <[…]8f8c50c3789921f08> / Bug 15530 - Editing a course item via a disabled course d
01:08 dcook Yeah, I've had that happen before
01:08 dcook Bit of a headache until you realize they used Excel
01:09 rangi dates get munched, multilines messed up
01:09 rangi etc
01:09 rangi yeah
01:09 dcook My favourite is barcodes which get transformed into scientific notation
01:09 dcook "My barcodes look funny..."
01:09 dcook Yes, yes they do
01:10 rangi heh
01:16 edveal-afk joined #koha
01:18 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15398: Hide Staff members only in the patron deletion/anonymization tool <[…]8e335deb26470d961> / Bug 15626: Remove log4perl.conf when using koha-remove <[…]e25a6324579c2c9e1> / Bug 12045 - Transfer impossible if barcode includes spaces <http://git.koha-
01:45 dcook Mmm, it's because Microsoft expects a BOM...
01:45 dcook And works with one..
01:48 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15391: Fix HoldsQueue.t tests <[…]3e321e6b07a166725>
01:54 Francesca joined #koha
01:57 * Francesca waves
01:58 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15357: Display existing holds even if no items exist <[…]b201475418c7cfd9c>
02:08 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15299: Ask for confirmation when deleting a report from second page <[…]e8b73a79548a2aa8b>
02:18 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15135: Remove Warning Subroutine HasOverdues redefined <[…]70db148445ff645e4> / Bug 15209: Check the parameter at the beginning of the subroutines <[…]7afea6a76f2df1a0b> / Bug 15209: Add tests <[…]a.git;a=commitdif
02:28 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13177: Accidental copy/paste error fix <[…]73c46bfc130c6c070> / Bug 13177: Help page for Rotating Collections <[…]6710b1df1b04edeb1> / Bug 14015 - Checkout: Fix software error if barcode '0' is given <[…]/?p=koha.git;a=co
02:39 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6322 - It's possible to view lists/virtualshelves even when virtualshelves is off <[…]3dbee8ba37f6ff882> / Bug 9754: koha-remove optionally includes var/lib and var/spool <[…]740456ba185a5937d>
02:46 irma joined #koha
02:46 irma joined #koha
02:49 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15592 - spelling mistake in ~/Koha/koha-tmpl/intranet-​tmpl/p./plugins/plugins... <[…]b149c3f812df8f125> / Bug 15609 - spelling mistake in :692: writen ==> written <[…]c3d682010b4db0305> / Bug 2669: Change checkboxes to radio buttons on dictionary <http:/
02:59 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15476: Listname not always displayed in <[…]c618fb85c135b2723> / Bug 15553: [QA Follow-up] Replace hardcoded tmp and add instance to dirname <[…]3f0f26e0a24606896> / Bug 15553 - [SIGNED-OFF] cgisess_ files polluting the /tmp directory <http://
03:01 rangi yay for 15553
03:01 rangi that was an annoying one
03:03 dcook bug 15553
03:03 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15553 minor, P5 - low, ---, philippe.blouin, Pushed to Master , cgisess_ files polluting the /tmp directory
03:03 bag yeah :)
03:04 bag liked that one when I saw it
03:04 bag ok I’m going to go grab some grub and then be back to work some more.  thinking it will be a long night and then just sleep in :)
03:15 bag Order a 36 day agred ribeye - should be ready in 25 minutes
03:16 bag yummy
03:16 bag let’s see what gets pushed after that sucker
03:16 bag heh
03:17 rangi :)
03:30 bag bug 15468
03:30 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15468 minor, P5 - low, ---, chloealabaster, Passed QA , Search links on callnumbers with parentheses fails on OPAC results page
03:30 bag I feel like that’s been around forevs - glad it’s doing something now
03:31 rangi yep
03:32 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:32 bag I see some of these simple patches and I’m like damn that’s awesome and easy :)  love it
03:33 * Francesca waves at the bug fixers
03:33 bag heya Francesca
03:33 wahanui it has been said that Francesca is a junior developer with koha (suprise)
03:33 Francesca hows the bug fixing going?
03:33 bag ah I’m just testing and pushing :)
03:34 Francesca hows the bug testing and fixing going?
03:34 bag well so far :)
03:35 * Francesca has bugs to fix also
03:36 Francesca I'll do it tomorrow when I'm back at work
03:39 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15468 - Search links on callnumbers with parentheses fails on OPAC results page <[…]14643271658eacc2e>
03:59 drojf joined #koha
03:59 drojf morning
04:01 drojf not sure if 5 counts as morning.
04:01 bag mornind drojf - it does to me :)
04:02 bag ahhh!!! morning*  heh
04:02 dcook Almost 5 here!
04:02 dcook @wunder syd
04:02 huginn` dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 25.0°C (2:30 PM AEDT on January 27, 2016). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 61%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
04:02 drojf hi bag and dcook
04:02 dcook hey drojf :)
04:03 bag dcook: 5?
04:03 wahanui 5 is probably there already? it iddn't show me that there was an update ts
04:03 bag oh! wait I get it
04:03 bag 1700
04:03 drojf oh dcook, still planning february to finish oai-pmh? :)
04:03 dcook :D
04:03 dcook drojf: Yeah, hopefully
04:03 drojf woohoo :)
04:03 dcook I'm working on the web UI at the moment
04:03 bag I heard dcook is planning the 29th for completion
04:03 dcook :p
04:03 drojf heh
04:04 bag dcook?
04:04 wahanui dcook is currently out of line.
04:04 dcook hehe
04:04 bag dcook?
04:04 wahanui hmmm... dcook is Sisyphus
04:04 dcook Also true..
04:04 bag dcook?
04:04 wahanui dcook is a zebra expert now
04:04 dcook haha
04:04 bag dcook?
04:04 wahanui dcook is a zebra expert now
04:04 bag ah I found the end
04:04 dcook All sounds about right
04:04 dcook But yeah, working on the web UI now
04:04 dcook Still have some changes to make to the new import API..
04:04 dcook Polishing up the daemon..
04:04 dcook Recording a list of things I want to improve/change in the future
04:05 bag I’m looking forward to the import API
04:05 bag do you have a bug number ?
04:05 dcook It'll probably be the least nice thing
04:05 dcook bug 10662 is a catch all at the moment
04:05 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10662 new feature, P3, ---, dcook, In Discussion , Build OAI-PMH Harvesting Client
04:05 dcook Although bug 15555 and bug 15541 are prerequisites for the import
04:05 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15555 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Signed Off , Index 024$a into Identifier-other:u url register when source $2 is uri
04:05 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15541 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Signed Off , Prevent normalization during matching/import process
04:06 dcook The project has become lots of projects really..
04:06 dcook Wrote a job server to handle the downloading/importing tasks
04:06 dcook Writing an import API for OAI-PMH records specifically
04:06 dcook I feel like there's something else I'm forgetting...
04:07 dcook Web UI so that you can interact with the job server from Koha
04:07 dcook Maybe down the track we'll replace the job server with something else than what I've written
04:07 dcook But it works
04:07 wahanui For now...
04:07 dcook :p
04:08 bag I read somewhere that you (dcook) had originally wrote a reports database/clearinghouse sort of thing when you first started.  Is that code anywhere to view?
04:08 bag I asked pianohacker to write one of those things for us.  I think maybe he worked on it - I forget
04:09 dcook bag: The code I wrote is positively awful :p
04:09 bag either way - I love the idea dcook
04:09 bag well all code has pros and cons dcook
04:09 dcook True true
04:09 dcook I didn't really know what I was doing back then. It was my first paid programming project, and it shows..
04:09 dcook It's all written in PHP, so doesn't really fit with Koha so well
04:09 bag deal - I’ll still love you afterwards :)
04:10 bag dcook++
04:10 dcook Wha?
04:10 wahanui Wha are you playing?
04:10 * dcook is confused
04:10 bag the idea is perfect.  we definely need something like that
04:10 dcook Are you thinking globally or locally?
04:10 dcook For us, we basically have a "reference" Koha which was filled with curated reports
04:11 bag (even if you showed me “bad” code) I’ll still love you afterwards :)
04:11 dcook Then the PHP interface had read access to that Koha's saved sql, and it allowed you to copy a report into your own local Koha
04:11 dcook Ahh, fair enough :p
04:11 bag :P
04:11 dcook So the idea only works if all the Koha instances are on the same database
04:11 dcook server
04:11 bag I think both locally and globally
04:11 dcook Although you could point it somewhere else..
04:12 dcook We could do the same thing centrally
04:12 dcook And use the REST API really
04:12 bag yes
04:12 dcook Although..
04:12 wahanui although is mine 2.3.2 or 2.3.3
04:13 bag ha wahanui
04:13 dcook It would be a bit of a pain to fetch all that data via the API without knowing that you want any of it
04:13 dcook I mean... reports tend to be pretty light so maybe it wouldn't be a big deal
04:13 bag yes
04:14 bag the trick is duplicates if we’re talking globablly
04:14 dcook Yeah, I really liked Liz's idea of upvote/downvote
04:14 dcook So in theory duplicates could be downvoted or just wouldn't be upvoted
04:14 bag that’s a good point
04:14 dcook And a curator could pick through too if necessary
04:15 dcook We could have a "marked as duplicate" flag
04:15 dcook "marked as obscene" flag... :p
04:15 bag :P
04:15 dcook Well, maybe a counter rather than flag
04:15 dcook Or sutin
04:16 dcook But yeah I don't know if anyone uses our reports database anymore
04:16 dcook We made a bit of a push for it back in 2012, but...
04:16 bag dcook did you ever met ian walls?
04:16 dcook A global one would be nice
04:16 dcook Nopes. I've heard the name though.
04:16 bag @seen sekjal
04:16 huginn` bag: sekjal was last seen in #koha 1 year, 19 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes, and 27 seconds ago: <sekjal> :)
04:16 dcook I think maybe we talked once or twice back in the day
04:16 bag cool - he’s good people
04:17 dcook Did he ramble as much as I do? :p
04:17 Francesca joined #koha
04:17 * dcook should add "rambler" to his IRC regular description
04:17 drojf @later tell nengard fixed
04:17 huginn` drojf: The operation succeeded.
04:17 bag no - he had great ideas - that’s what I saw
04:18 dcook Ahhh, great ideas are good
04:18 drojf dcook: the harvester sounds like a huge project, i hope stockholm pays you millions :D
04:18 bag yes I agree - millions :)
04:18 drojf i'm very happy to have that in koha
04:18 bag then donate to the international koha fund
04:19 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15444 - MARC21: Repeated 508 not correctly formatted (missing separator) <[…]5dfb83d34d9d29982>
04:19 dcook I'd say conceptually it's huge, but the actual code hasn't been too bad
04:19 dcook Although it's had a lot of iterations..
04:19 dcook Certainly not millions, but it's good to have sponsorship
04:20 * Francesca waves at dcook
04:20 dcook hey Francesca
04:20 wahanui Francesca is a junior developer with koha (suprise)
04:20 Francesca I hear that you are a rambler
04:20 dcook hehe
04:20 dcook Just a little
04:20 dcook drojf: I'll be taking off about 6 weeks in March/April, but hopefully I'll get something out in the next week or two..
04:20 Francesca wahanui dcook is also a rambler
04:21 wahanui okay, Francesca.
04:21 Francesca dcook?
04:21 wahanui i guess dcook is a zebra expert now
04:21 dcook That'll leave a bit of time in February to fix up any minor issues people find, and that hopefully leaves some time in April/May for last minute stuff
04:21 dcook I'm not super happy with what I have, but I don't think I'm ever super happy with what I produce, which is probably a good sign... as it means I always want to improve it :p
04:22 drojf you have to let go at some point :)
04:22 dcook Totally
04:22 dcook That's always the hard part :)
04:23 bag improvement++
04:23 dcook Working on the web UI is nice... as it makes it feel a bit more real
04:23 drojf thats what deadlines are for :)
04:23 dcook Deadlines are so helpful
04:23 dcook That's the great thing with sponsorship. You have a deadline, plus you have the money/time to work on it.
04:23 dcook Rather than having it as a side project which just keeps getting pushed back and pushed back
04:24 dcook I mean... I started my first iteration of the OAI-PMH harvester back in... mid-2013?
04:24 dcook It's so so different now
04:24 dcook Way better than back then
04:24 drojf yeah. i'm more of a "a hundred hobby projects nobody pays for" kind of guy
04:24 dcook hehe
04:24 dcook Your projects are really cool though!
04:24 dcook I'm really excited about the letsencrypt and GPG stuff :)
04:24 dcook I think I'd have more hobby projects if my wife didn't dislike computers :p
04:25 drojf i think LE will really be used by a lot of people. which is cool
04:25 drojf gpg and tor, we will see ;)
04:25 dcook hehe
04:25 dcook I think LE is a huge step forward
04:25 dcook Really huge
04:25 bag :)
04:26 dcook gpg and tor... you never know!
04:26 dcook I wish my local public library used Koha to be honest
04:26 drojf gpg so far does not need the library to do anything, or have a key, or know what gpg is. so patrons can decide for themselves, if they know about it
04:26 dcook Nice!
04:26 dcook Is it just a matter of uploading a public key via the OPAC member area?
04:27 drojf yes
04:27 dcook :)
04:27 dcook If that were in Koha, I'd be talking that up a lot
04:27 drojf i hope to get at that soon too. clean it and change a bit. LE is pretty much done i think
04:27 dcook Especially in librarian groups that I'm a part of
04:28 dcook \o/
04:28 drojf well, depends on QA :D
04:28 dcook Hmm is the LE stuff just for Debian package installs?
04:28 drojf and on the debian package coming into jessie at least
04:28 drojf yes, it's just automation scripts
04:29 drojf i have not done a non package install in ages, not sure what you would need on top of what i got now
04:29 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15100: MARC21 - make display of "Dates associated with a name" optional <[…]07ce908b47fdce3c6> / Bug 15195 - patron details should open in tab <[…]78f4afe1028119ad4> / Bug 15355: Translatability: Fix issues on check in page <
04:29 drojf how do you set up the apache site with a manual install?
04:29 drojf use the template, do it manually, or something else?
04:31 dcook With a manual install... I think I use the koha-httpd.conf template
04:31 dcook Or whatever template we've set up locally for cloning from which is a bit different
04:32 drojf you get another template for LE. and you need to install LE in some way on your system. the setup will be less automated, but usable, i suppose
04:33 drojf on non-debian/package systems i mean
04:33 dcook Right. I'm sure I'll put something together for it at some stage :)
04:34 SamEEE joined #koha
04:34 drojf not sure what is the best way for the "get the certs" part. in debian i use certonly/webroot, start koha on 80 for a minute do verify with LE and then change the config to https-only
04:34 drojf *to verify
04:34 SamEEE Hi friends!
04:35 drojf you would have to see what is the best way to get the cert. you are using opensuse dcook? (or maybe that was somebody else)
04:37 dcook drojf: Yep, opensuse is me
04:38 drojf what version(s)?
04:39 dcook Mmm, I want to say 13.2, but I'd have to look
04:39 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14555: Warns in <[…]53060dcc255960e9b> / Bug 14624 - < > for wrongly documented <[…]0ea3c3f3956948409> / Bug 14641: [SIGNED-OFF] Warns in <[…].git;a=commitdiff
04:39 dcook Yeah, 13.2
04:47 drojf there could probably be a similar script for that, to set up koha with LE. i'll see what i can find out
04:48 dcook Cool. Thanks, drojf :)
04:48 drojf in general i wonder why we do not have more automation stuff for non-debianish os. don't you people get crazy? or does everybody invent their own automation?
04:49 dcook I think we're crazy and invent our own automation.
04:49 dcook hehe
04:49 dcook I'd like to switch over to Debian, to be honest.
04:49 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14480: Silences warn from editing patron <[…]d9860ac6dbf8c908c>
04:49 drojf the forst server i ever got to install koha on was opensuse. it was like 20x the work compared to a debian install
04:49 drojf *first
04:49 dcook Yeah, you can do a fresh in stall on Debian pretty damn fast
04:49 drojf and that was without updates :D
04:50 dcook O_O
04:50 dcook I'm pretty good at doing manual installs these days, but the updates are still a bit tricky sometimes
04:54 drojf i did LE integration locally first. but maintaing that forever, on every server… meh. and it was obvious that others would like to have it too
04:54 dcook For sure
05:11 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: 15623 - Spelling mistake in Test - Search for writen, if not found... <[…]acb670111ee6fa5f5> / Bug 15624: Spelling mistake in <[…]e8aa6575f78cc304f> / Bug 6679: (follow-up) fix 9 perlcritic violations in C4/ <http:
05:21 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15597: Typo in <[…]0552bf9a025306ceb> / Bug 15598: Also fixing space near exclamation mark in other files <[…]f05ece2250a7c1500> / Bug 15598: Typo in <[…]it;a=commitdiff;h
05:28 rocio_away left #koha
05:31 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15628: Remove get_branchinfos_of vestiges <[…]6af330af50d6d16d6> / Bug 15638: Spelling mistake in <[…]a94712d6839db928f> / Bug 15638: spelling mistake in ~/Koha/reserve/ <[…]p=koha.git;a=comm
05:41 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15571 [QA Followup] - Remove tabs <[…]0692a0201f74596e3> / Bug 15571 reserveforothers permission does not remove Search to hold button from... <[…]3a522ff4b35718fd3> / Bug 15573 [QA Followup] - Tweak wording <
05:51 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15519: Warns when creating a basket <[…]2765e1f421c2e45b7> / Bug 15552: Better wording of intranetreadinghistory <[…]8215ee3fd83aa92b0>
06:01 SamEEE joined #koha
06:01 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15162: Remove specific test in UNIMARCslim2*.xsl <[…]734da43763c7d2042> / Bug 15162 Add for Unimarc XSL trans for RDF-DC & SRW-DC <[…]99152e7702e8c35e2> / Bug 15274: Putting tags around entire string where the originally split the... <http://git.koha-com
06:05 drojf joined #koha
06:11 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14763: Calculate and display patron age <[…]d63214c5b56ea9e32> / Bug 15004: Update help files for 'duplicating a budget' <[…]22ab3a223c9fabfe7> / Bug 15004: Ensure that the reset_all_budgets behavior is kept <
06:21 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14310 [QA Follow] - Remove FIXME, add explanation comment instead <[…]512935e78ed7425e0> / Bug 14310 [QA Followup] - Adapt existing code to use new methods <[…]b29d3610a398f44e6> / Bug 14310 [QA Followup] - Use output_with_http_headers, return 403s <http
06:31 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11280 - Change Withdrawn toggle to drop down selection of authorized values <[…]24db8940858d8be8f> / Bug 13143 - Detect if the password is in a pipe <[…]95e7818c030c08945> / Bug 13143: Followup - Correct the pause message <
06:41 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 1983: Checkout: Hold repquest when checking out an item already on loan or reserved <[…]c497773107b9752ab> / Bug 7683: Relabel "acquired date" and "removed date" <[…]e90e11585b4d9038f> / Bug 7683: Catalog statistics wizard: QA fixes <http://git.koha-comm
06:42 bag bug 15548
06:42 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15548 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , New patron related code should have been put to Patron instead of Borrower
06:47 bag ok master should be a bit unstable now
06:47 bag that’s for tomorrow - to fix it up :D
06:51 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8753: [QA Follow-up] Primary key and collation <[…]725118e4da9a9a25a> / Bug 8753 - propagating the changes to kohastructure.sql and sysprefs.sql <[…]d561681a636d5f407> / Bug 8753 - Various little things - removing new dependency, changes to errors, textu
07:17 ashimema joined #koha
07:18 hyvaria joined #koha
07:20 cait joined #koha
07:35 cait left #koha
07:36 olaaaa joined #koha
07:52 reiveune joined #koha
07:53 reiveune hello
07:58 alex_a joined #koha
07:59 alex_a bonjour
08:11 laurence joined #koha
08:12 paul_p joined #koha
08:13 * magnuse waves
08:26 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:26 gaetan_B hello
08:26 wahanui niihau, gaetan_B
08:27 paul_p joined #koha
08:28 liw pretty.
08:35 nlegrand Hey #Koha!
08:35 laurence joined #koha
08:39 wilfrid joined #koha
08:44 laurence joined #koha
08:47 Francesca joined #koha
08:50 cait joined #koha
08:54 Joubu hi #koha
08:58 cait morning #koha, morning Joubu
08:58 cait jajm: aorund?
08:59 jajm cait, hi
08:59 cait hi :)
08:59 cait was wondering when 3.20.2 will be released - a coworker was asking for setting up a new server
09:01 cait hm i meant 3.22.2 of course...
09:01 cait jajm: ?
09:02 jajm cait, i wanted to release it yesterday, but i'm waiting for translation files from bernardo
09:02 cait ah ok
09:03 cait so probably not today then with the time difference
09:04 cait thx!
09:04 jajm cait, i'll try to retrieve the PO files by myself and release it today
09:04 cait coudl you give a shout here when you do?
09:11 jajm cait, sure
09:18 olaaaa_ joined #koha
09:24 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
09:27 Francesca joined #koha
09:28 SamEEE joined #koha
09:30 andreashm joined #koha
09:31 * andreashm waves
09:31 * cait waves back
09:37 andreashm hi cait! how's it going?
09:37 cait lots of work, but good :)
09:37 cait moving soon now?
09:39 andreashm yeah, a little over a month. don't talk about it to much, or you'll stress me out. =)
09:39 cait oups
09:39 * cait is quiet
09:40 andreashm hehe
09:40 * Francesca should be sleeping
09:41 andreashm cait: any new Koha libraries for you?
09:41 andreashm or just busy with the old ones?
09:42 gaetan_B does anyone have experience with screen readers (jaws) and Koha ?
09:43 drojf gaetan_B: i think catalyst has someone using a screen reader, maybe ask rangi
09:44 Francesca there is someone at catalyst
09:44 gaetan_B ah, interesting
09:44 Francesca Julius I think his name is
09:44 Francesca I've talked to him before
09:44 Francesca rangi will know more
09:44 gaetan_B do you know how it works ? is it just a matter of having acceptably clean html ?
09:45 Francesca semantically correct html yeah
09:45 Francesca thats defiantly part of what he mentioned
09:45 * Francesca is excited
09:45 drojf they had bugs for the academy regarding selects that were not reachable by tabbing
09:45 Francesca something/someone I know!
09:46 Francesca ya I feel like those were fixed though
09:46 Francesca or something
09:46 wahanui rumour has it something is sketchy
09:46 andreashm it is very interesting to watch/listen to someone who is a seasoned jaws user, surf the web.
09:46 Francesca it is
09:46 Francesca helpful too
09:46 gaetan_B ok, it seems we have a library in France by and for people with sight disabilities that uses Koha
09:46 gaetan_B i'll try to get more info about them :)
09:46 Francesca cool :)
09:46 andreashm hey Gaetan, btw
09:46 Francesca ask rangi about Julius as well
09:46 Francesca I'm sure he'd help if he was asked too
09:46 gaetan_B hi andreashm :) how have you been?
09:47 gaetan_B yep i'll send him an email, thanks for the info :)
09:47 Francesca no worries :)
09:48 nlegrand gaetan_B: ha we're really not good with readability at BULAC, orange on white isn't readable...
09:48 Francesca ohhh thats something I can fix
09:48 Francesca I think
09:48 * Francesca likes front-end problems
09:48 gaetan_B nlegrand: ah that's a different problem, it's also interesting to have people with color blindness around for this
09:48 nlegrand gaetan_B: one colleague ask for a « choose colour » functionality with strong contrast
09:49 gaetan_B but probably easier to fix than making your whole html accessible to screen readers (for blind people)
09:49 nlegrand ha ok
09:50 gaetan_B i have one project with a color blind librarian, and he told me he found Koha's interface and opac perfectly ok
09:50 * Francesca can fix colour readability issues
09:50 gaetan_B but i suspect there are many kinds of color blindness
09:50 nlegrand gaetan_B: the default is alright, I think about our old custumised one :)
09:50 Francesca I shouldn't be this excited about the thought of fixing stuff
09:50 Francesca its 10.50pm at night here
09:50 gaetan_B if i may, your old default one is hard even for people with 20/20 vision :p
09:51 nlegrand gaetan_B: yes, that's why a good solution for him is to provide choice to the patron
09:51 nlegrand gaetan_B: you may :) everyone wants to get rid of it here :)
09:52 Francesca I'm off to bed now
09:52 Francesca night #koha
09:53 Francesca gaetan_B: good luck getting in touch with Julius
09:53 gaetan_B thanks, good night :)
09:53 Francesca night :)
09:53 nlegrand gaetan_B: this tool is nice <[…]ur.html#fg=33FF33,bg=333333>
10:07 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:11 andreashm gaetan_B: sorry, went away for a little bit. I'm fine thanks, busy working on our Koha implementation. And you?
10:14 * magnuse waves to andreashm
10:14 andreashm hi magnuse!
10:15 paul_p joined #koha
10:22 cait andreashm: sorry, we are testing the new features for 3.22 today - so on the other computer m
10:22 magnuse kia ora paul_p
10:47 andreashm So, is there any way to trigger a hold in Koha (staff interface and/or api) when all items connected to a bib is available? It was my impression that AllowOnShelfHolds did this, but I was rudely awakened yesterday that this preference requires at least on item to be checked out.
10:54 gaetan_B andreashm: quite busy too :) i'll be curious to see how the Stockholm project turns out!
10:54 andreashm gaetan_B: hopefully good! =)
10:55 gaetan_B ahah, of course it will!
10:59 cait gaetan_B: we have a librarian using Jaws
11:01 gaetan_B cait: oh, interesting, are all the features available through it ?
11:01 gaetan_B what about the numerous popups we have?
11:01 gaetan_B and javascript heavy pages like circulation ?
11:02 cait andreashm: it shoudl if you set it to no - all items available and still allow a hold
11:03 cait andreashm: sorry... yes = all items available - you can place a hold, no = can only place a hold if at least one item is checked out
11:03 cait gaetan_B: she actually works on the circulation desk :)
11:03 cait gaetan_B: before we switched away from yui for menus I had some customizations for her, breaking the menus up into links, but with the new gui it seems to work nicely for the menus
11:03 cait gaetan_B: she also adds items and patrons i think
11:04 gaetan_B wow, that's really good
11:04 gaetan_B i hope i can try it one of these days
11:04 cait one reamining problem is read-only date fields
11:04 cait it's not really possible to use the calendar widget
11:04 cait i think because getting that read to you is rather horrible...
11:05 cait I thnk Joubu has a patch for unlocking the fields - so you can always alternatively type in a date manually
11:05 Joubu bug 14060
11:05 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14060 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , Remove readonly on date inputs
11:05 cait they are currently on 3.18 - but with the new ajax based circ already
11:05 cait ah, I think she is using IE
11:06 cait because of the screen reader or other programs she needs - so that might be something to ask about
11:06 cait and I have bug 15605 open for them
11:06 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15605 normal, P5 - low, ---, tasham_8, Passed QA , Accessibility: Can't tab to add link in serials routing list add user popup
11:07 cait i think javascript and even ajax don't seem to be a problem in general, but probably still good to test carefull
11:07 cait y
11:07 cait bug 14193 - very recently fixed :)
11:07 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14193 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , Accessibility: Searching patrons using the alphabetic index doesn't work
11:10 andreashm cait: thanks! it seems I was sloppy when I tested it yesterday, and changed another item type than the one I used for testing. Ups!
11:10 andreashm well, all good then
11:10 cait :)
11:11 andreashm another thing to cross of the list - excellent!
11:23 khall joined #koha
11:33 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
12:04 onre does yaz client library expect SOAP envelope around the response even if the request was HTTP GET?
12:32 marcelr joined #koha
12:33 marcelr joined #koha
12:34 marcelr hi #koha
12:34 marcelr anyone having issues attaching patches with git-bz on https now ?
12:35 Joubu marcelr: see rangi's email on koha-devel
12:35 marcelr yes I saw but still have problems
12:35 marcelr applying patch works but attaching does not
12:35 marcelr please try
12:36 Joubu http://lists.koha-community.or[…]nuary/042260.html
12:36 Joubu I did this morning
12:36 marcelr yes me too
12:36 Joubu ha
12:36 marcelr can you attach ?
12:38 Joubu no, unicodeencodeerror
12:38 drojf are you trying the test bug?
12:38 Joubu yes
12:38 drojf that does not work, others do
12:38 drojf there is something messed up in that bug
12:38 drojf maybe open a new one and try
12:39 drojf at least i had the same problem there and not on others
12:39 marcelr hi drojf : yes, i also used the test bug.. that could be it
12:40 Joubu obsoleted the patch on bug 6473, attaching a new one
12:40 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6473 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, wizzyrea, Needs Signoff , Test bug for Git-bz
12:40 Joubu it works
12:40 wahanui For now...
12:40 Joubu yes for now
12:40 marcelr yes it works too !
12:40 marcelr thx drojf++ Joubu++
12:40 Joubu marcelr: did you test on 6473 also?
12:41 marcelr it works fine now
12:41 paul_p joined #koha
12:42 drojf i think you can attach to the test bug if you do not use -e
12:43 Joubu drojf: now it works with -e, a patch was wrong
12:43 drojf ah ok, great
12:47 oleonard joined #koha
12:47 oleonard Hi #koha
12:47 cait hi oleonard :)
12:48 oleonard rangi++ # for https bugzilla!
12:49 marcelr hi oleonard cait
12:50 marcelr rangi++
12:51 cait hi marcelr :)
12:51 cait bbiab
12:53 meliss joined #koha
13:03 magnuse onre: no, i don't think yaz expects soap
13:07 ericar joined #koha
13:10 oleonard magnuse: That was a great sentence.
13:16 onre magnuse, odd. the error message would hint at it expecting a SOAP envelope, even though I specified GET
13:30 NateC joined #koha
13:31 magnuse onre: huh, that was weird
13:31 magnuse oleonard: thanks
13:34 magnuse ah, looks like "good" ol' srw used soap
13:39 edveal-afk joined #koha
13:41 misilot is there an easy way given a list of bibnumbers to get the call number for the items via sql? :)
13:48 onre magnuse, I suppose I don't need to implement that to create a SRU metadata source that Koha would like to interact with?
13:52 jajm Koha 3.22.2 released -
13:53 jajm cait, ^
13:55 nengard joined #koha
13:55 NateC joined #koha
14:03 cait thx jajm :)
14:03 cait gong to build our branch now
14:04 cait jajm++
14:05 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:08 lds joined #koha
14:09 lds hello
14:09 wahanui bidet, lds
14:12 Viktor joined #koha
14:13 Viktor Greetings #koha :)
14:15 Viktor RFID tag + regular visual barcode equals two barcodes. Last time I asked about making barcode repeatable it was a big "no" :) Would the answer still be the same? Out of loads of places in the code expecting only one barcode for example?
14:16 JoshB joined #koha
14:17 NateC joined #koha
14:20 drojf joined #koha
14:29 * magnuse wanders off
14:32 oleonard If  autoMemberNum is turned on, should I still be able to put in a barcode of my choice when creating a patron?
14:35 mario joined #koha
14:36 cait oleonard: i'd think so
14:36 cait oleonard: for test users and the like
14:37 tcohen joined #koha
14:44 tcohen hi
14:45 cait hi tcohen :)
14:47 NateC joined #koha
14:51 wilfrid joined #koha
14:54 cma joined #koha
15:01 tcohen1 joined #koha
15:04 oleonard We ought to build a test into the QA tools which would reject any patch which includes the phrase "click here" :P
15:04 cait totally agree
15:04 cait pet peeve of mine actually
15:17 * tcohen unhides
15:21 marcelr hi tcohen
15:23 tcohen hi marcelr
15:25 cbrannon joined #koha
15:27 * druthb puts a label on her shirt that says, "click here for sarcasm"
15:27 kidclamp joined #koha
15:28 oleonard druthb: It's 2016 and I still don't know how to "click" a person?!
15:30 * druthb pokes oleonard in the arm.
15:30 druthb like that?
15:30 wahanui well, like that is hard to vote on. :)
15:30 * druthb eyes wahanui, and reaches for her bat.
15:31 druthb wahanui: druthb?
15:31 wahanui She's really more trouble than she's worth, you know?
15:31 druthb mhm
15:32 * oleonard gives wahanui the stink-eye
15:58 paul_p joined #koha
15:58 TGoat joined #koha
15:59 cait marcelr++
15:59 Joubu joined #koha
16:05 tgoatley joined #koha
16:09 TGoat joined #koha
16:17 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15680 - Fresh install of Koha cannot find any dependencies <[…]59b5d4bee679f1ed7>
16:18 edveal joined #koha
16:21 rocio joined #koha
16:22 pianohacker joined #koha
16:29 oleonard I would love to hear comments on Bug 15681
16:29 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15681 enhancement, P3, ---, oleonard, NEW , Add option to create hold request when checking out an item already on loan
16:29 oleonard Whoops, forgot to revise the bug title
16:30 cait what woudl the revised bug title be?
16:30 oleonard Improve visibility of place hold option when checking out an item already checked out
16:30 cait oh
16:30 cait so we have it already?
16:31 oleonard Bug 1983 has been pushed
16:31 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1983 enhancement, P3, ---, veron, Pushed to Master , Add option to create hold request when checking out an item already on loan
16:31 cait aah
16:31 cait oleonard: master or 3.22?
16:31 nengard_demo @wunder 78754
16:31 huginn` nengard_demo: The current temperature in North Acres, Austin, Texas is 10.2°C (10:31 AM CST on January 27, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 45%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Pressure: 30.38 in 1029 hPa (Rising).
16:31 oleonard I would prefer a button: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ment.cgi?id=47356
16:32 cait so the hold is for the user you tried to check it out to
16:32 cait that right?
16:32 cait i thought it was... check it out to the user and then place ahold to the one who had it
16:32 cait which kind amakes more sense to me when the book is at the desk
16:32 cait hm
16:33 cait i think i don't have a clear idea asbout the use case - but i like buttons
16:34 oleonard Yeah the way it works it implies that you're entering a barcode for something which you don't actually have in your hands? I don't know.
16:35 cait i first thought it was something like an ... in-between-loan
16:35 cait because i have heard of this
16:36 cait but seems to be a different thing now - but anyway the button is nicer
16:38 bag morning
16:39 cait morning bag
16:39 bag hi cait
17:01 cait bag: comment from marcel on bug 8753 - some work for you :)
17:01 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8753 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, charles.farmer, Pushed to Master , Add forgot password link to OPAC
17:02 bag that’s odd because I could of sworn that I didn’t see any update in that code
17:03 bag (it’s also why I saved it for the end)
17:04 cait lots of patches
17:04 cait i think it's in the first one actually
17:04 cait bug_8753-Add_forgot_password_link_to_OPAC.sql
17:04 cait i think easisest would be checking the atomicupdates directory if you have anything left there when you are done pushing
17:04 bag cool I had the same thought
17:05 cait coudl maybe even automate somehow
17:06 bag I see why it wasn’t completely obvious to me — in the patch it’s like this .../bug_8753-Add_forgot_password_link_to_OPAC.sql
17:07 bag instead of showing the full path :P
17:07 cait yeah - i almost missed it too because of this
17:07 cait too long :)
17:07 bag heh
17:07 bag ok I will definitely make sure that is cleaned up today
17:07 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15353: Display the patron image where needed <[…]d02ca614521ba2a0c>
17:09 cait left #koha
17:27 laurence left #koha
17:34 reiveune bye
17:34 reiveune left #koha
17:42 misilot Hi, on the MARC Import tool if I select for "How to process items" : "Replace items if matching bib was found (only for existing items)" Will it add items for new records? or will those be ignored?
17:43 misilot I usually do Add items only if no matching bib was found but want to be sure if the one above would be better?
17:54 cait joined #koha
18:00 * cait waves
18:00 bag hi cait
18:02 pianohacker hi cait
18:02 cait hi pianohacker :)
18:04 oleonard joined #koha
18:06 edveal joined #koha
18:07 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: DBRev for bug 8753 (removing the atomicupdate too). <[…]75e05558003a3a23d>
18:09 tcohen joined #koha
18:09 cait bag++
18:23 laurence joined #koha
18:34 dcook joined #koha
18:41 teacher joined #koha
18:57 BobB hi bag
18:57 bag hey BobB
18:57 BobB hey
18:57 BobB Fundraising meeting
18:58 BobB I'm only half awake :)
18:58 BobB how do we initiate a Google Hangout?
19:00 bag BobB: we are in it
19:00 bag let me send you a link
19:00 bag BobB:[…]d7watbm2p4cwrdqaa
19:01 drojf is it possible to watch without a google account?
19:01 bag I don’t really know drojf
19:01 drojf seems like no
19:02 drojf well, i tried :)
19:02 BobB looks like it needs a sign in
19:16 cdickinson_ joined #koha
19:59 cait wizzyrea++ #updated website :)
20:08 bklein joined #koha
20:16 ericar_ joined #koha
20:17 Camille joined #koha
20:31 nengard left #koha
20:33 kathryn joined #koha
20:48 drojf i think kohacon 2012 slipped out of the kohacon menu point, but the spnsors for that event have their own menu entry?
20:48 drojf regarding the website update
20:49 drojf1 joined #koha
20:56 aleisha joined #koha
20:58 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14828 [QA Followup] - Hide in OPAC checkbox not checked in editor even if enabled <[…]6c52a512cb0722e51> / Bug 14828: use Koha::ItemType[s] in admin/itemtypes <[…]f484b3ada6117b33a> / Bug 14828: Remove old package and tests <
20:59 z0k joined #koha
21:00 laurence left #koha
21:08 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12636: Do not display unique patron attributes in the batch patron modification <[…]723404095a68fe6f1>
21:09 andreashm joined #koha
21:09 * andreashm waves
21:19 * cait waves
21:20 pianohacker hi cait
21:20 pianohacker go to bed
21:20 wahanui[…]12/04/penguin.gif
21:20 cait :P
21:21 pianohacker cait: I guess it's only 11 where you are
21:21 cait 10:20
21:22 andreashm early yet
21:23 cait depends :)
21:31 dcook joined #koha
22:14 magnuse @later tell bag HI
22:14 huginn` magnuse: The operation succeeded.
22:31 cait pianohacker: i think rancor doesn't like me
22:31 cait I am trying to add a 440 with 日本 in it
22:31 pianohacker it has reason to be suspicious ;)
22:31 cait and the save icon is still turning...
22:31 pianohacker oh, bother.
22:31 pianohacker can you open up firebug and try saving again?
22:32 cait hm yes there is an error
22:32 cait sec
22:33 cait
22:33 dcook joined #koha
22:35 chrisvella joined #koha
22:36 cait pianohacker: shocked silence?
22:38 bag HA!
22:38 bag hi magnuse
22:39 pianohacker cait: sorry, internet on my server went screwy
22:39 cait ah
22:39 pianohacker cait: AUGH this is a known bug I need to fix :(
22:39 pianohacker bug 15514
22:39 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15514 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , New professional cataloguing editor does not handle repeatable fields correctly
22:40 pianohacker I've been busy trying not to break acq with bug 15531 but this is near the top of my todo list
22:40 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15531 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, ASSIGNED , Add support for standing orders
22:42 chrisvella joined #koha
22:42 irma joined #koha
22:43 dcook Does the "" plugin actually work?
22:43 dcook I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, but it keeps giving me permission errors which don't seem to make sense..
22:43 * dcook goes to look at the source
22:49 dcook Hmm
22:49 dcook Works just fine if you just use "/tmp"...
22:51 dcook I wonder if it'll actually work because of that private CGI thing..
22:51 dcook Well that doesn't look good..
22:58 dcook Still works with the private temp thing, but you wouldn't want to use /tmp as your storage directory anyway..
23:00 jamesb joined #koha
23:12 eythian Hi
23:12 dcook hey eythian
23:13 eythian Sup
23:13 eythian There's new x-files out.
23:14 cait aleisha++ :)
23:15 * dcook hasn't seen old x-files
23:15 dcook Well, maybe half an episode in the '90s
23:18 eythian Well, get on to it.
23:20 * cait waves to eythian
23:20 eythian Hiya cait
23:31 pianohacker cait: can you pastebin that record? I can't dup with just a 440 (though I think I have a solution)
23:31 cait hm if i can find it again
23:31 cait was a randomone from my db, let's see
23:31 pianohacker you should just be able to select all/copy and paste from rancor  :)
23:33 cait sec
23:33 cait pianohacker: it now saves... after editing it in the simple editor
23:34 cait so can't reproduce now :(
23:35 cait sorry, record appears to be fixed somehow
23:35 pianohacker cait: hrm. Well, Joubu has a record on the bug and I have a safety, so it'll be fixed :)
23:37 cait hm editing in the simple editor would have deleted anything that didn't fit - like a field not in the framework
23:37 cait hard to tell
23:38 pianohacker ah, yeah...
23:40 papa joined #koha
23:43 eythian May
23:43 eythian Err wrong window
23:44 ibeardslee Is that when you are coming back?
23:48 eythian No, it's when I'm going to wave gotik treffen.
23:49 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8753 [QA Followup] - Add notice to translations <[…]ee9d7b801f42399f9>

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary