IRC log for #koha, 2015-09-03

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 jamesb joined #koha
00:41 rocio left #koha
01:15 wizzyrea I have a really baffling problem
01:15 wizzyrea and maybe there's an ubuntu/apache expert out there that has a thought
01:16 wizzyrea so the task scheduler works fine in Master on debian/apache 2.2 (I still need to test debian/apache2.4)
01:16 wizzyrea basically what happens
01:17 wizzyrea is that when you add a job, it's added (you can see it in /var/spool/cron/atjobs) - but it's added as daemon:daemon with no permissions
01:17 wizzyrea so we go to ask at what's in the queue, and it can't access the list
01:17 wizzyrea so it says "failed to add job" which is what it's supposed to do
01:18 wizzyrea normally, at least on debian/2.2
01:18 wizzyrea it adds the job owned by the instance user
01:18 wizzyrea and when we ask for the list, it has no trouble
01:19 wizzyrea so my question is this: where should I even start, or what words are useful for searching for the solution
01:20 ktm joined #koha
01:23 TGoat left #koha
02:05 Francesca joined #koha
02:13 Francesca joined #koha
02:28 Francesca joined #koha
02:29 eythian[…]-whale-photobomb/
02:29 Francesca hahahaha
02:30 Francesca that whale totally makes my day
02:31 Francesca wahanui photobomb is[…]-whale-photobomb/
02:31 wahanui OK, Francesca.
02:36 wizzyrea hehe cute
02:45 cdickinson rangi, wizzyrea, eythian, kathryn: - Francesca and I are heading over here later on to relax a bit after today, I don't suppose any of you wanted to join us?
02:45 cdickinson totally understand if you can't though
02:46 cdickinson huh, they spell it frogurt
02:46 cdickinson but the Internet seems to disagree
02:46 wizzyrea @wunder nzwn
02:46 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 11.0°C (2:30 PM NZST on September 03, 2015). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 71%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Steady).
02:46 cdickinson lol
02:46 Francesca I was right
02:46 Francesca about the spelling
02:46 wizzyrea you thought it would be froghurt?
02:46 cdickinson yeah
02:46 cdickinson because yoghurt
02:46 kathryn thanks cdickinson :) I have to run away and fetch my baby though :) lunctime another day!
02:46 wizzyrea x wrong
02:46 wizzyrea :)
02:47 eythian could do for a bit
02:47 cdickinson awesome
02:47 wizzyrea ya I could stuff some yogurt in my face I think.
02:47 wizzyrea don't tell my kid though!
02:47 wizzyrea ^.^
02:47 Francesca I won't
02:47 cdickinson I totally would
02:47 wizzyrea haha
02:47 Francesca don't you dare
02:48 cdickinson I was him once after all
02:48 wizzyrea hehe he's always begging me to go there. I only give in sometimes. :P
02:48 Francesca lol
02:48 cdickinson oh man, that's awesome
02:49 eythian /msg søren wizzyrea is going for frogurt
02:49 wizzyrea hahaha
02:49 * Francesca dies
02:49 wizzyrea A+ for the ø
02:49 cdickinson I was thinking the same thing
02:49 Francesca is that how you spell it?
02:49 wizzyrea (even though technically he doesn't spell it that way - he totally could though)
02:49 Francesca lol
02:50 rangi its a fun store, but not today thanks
02:50 cdickinson all goods, rangi
02:50 eythian heh
02:51 Francesca lol
02:51 Francesca maybe he will
02:51 cdickinson is it more effort, but better
02:51 cdickinson not what I'd call hipster, but it's not bad IMO
02:51 cdickinson it is*
02:51 Francesca makes total sense there cdickinson
02:51 cdickinson 30 hours awake
02:51 Francesca slow clap
02:51 cdickinson please don't judge me
02:52 Francesca wahanui dickinson is <reply> I've been awake for 30 hours. Please don't judge me.
02:52 wahanui ...but dickinson is also|dirt poor most of the time...
02:52 Francesca cdickinson is also <reply> I've been awake for 30 hours. Please don't judge me.
02:52 wahanui okay, Francesca.
02:52 cdickinson wow, thanks Francesca
02:52 Francesca you're welcome :P
02:52 cdickinson I like insulting myself as well\
02:53 cdickinson I totally deserve that one though
02:53 cdickinson does anyone else know what MCollective is, and has tried to set it up?
02:54 cdickinson it is one of those unnecessarily complicated things that takes forever to get going, and that is why my night was long
03:11 Francesca joined #koha
03:13 mtj hey eythian, about?
03:13 eythian yep
03:16 Francesca hey we're gonna go grab frogurt soon
03:50 mario joined #koha
03:54 aleisha joined #koha
04:08 irma hi all :-) Seeing that it is GBSD, what are the most useful bugs to sign off on?
04:10 eythian[…]bug_squashing_day <-- irma
04:10 irma CALYX has a list ready to work on but perhaps there are different priorities we should focus on
04:10 irma thanks eythian will take a look :-)
04:11 irma Re "Check old open bugs are still relevant" <>[…]ow_bug.cgi?id=444
04:11 huginn Bug 444: enhancement, P2, ---, paul.poulain, REOPENED , Manual Credits does not support authorised values (Manual invoices do)
04:12 irma we think this might not be a feature that would be used a lot ...
04:13 wizzyrea "this is not a bug it's a missing improvement" well yeah.
04:13 wizzyrea that's pretty much everything :P
04:14 mtj peeps, is it possible to have a perl script, for a koha atomic update - rather than just raw SQL?
04:15 irma do you think it would be used often wizzyrea?
04:15 wizzyrea i have no idea
04:16 irma doesn't the age of the entries suggest it is not in high demand and could be closed?
04:16 mtj aah, confimed yes to my question :)
04:17 mtj irma:  you should not close a bug because it is old :)
04:19 mtj to me, 444 is still a valid (but  old) bug
04:23 wizzyrea yeah, mark it enhancement
04:23 wizzyrea if it's not already
04:24 wizzyrea because it's possible that bug predates the "enhancement" tag
04:25 irma it is marked as enhancement
04:25 irma ok moving on to another bug...
04:27 mtj does anyone have an example of a koha patch with an atomic *perl* update?
04:31 mtj the wiki page has examples for atomic sql files, but not perl
04:32 wizzyrea I'm not sure what you mean
04:32 wizzyrea eli5
04:32 wizzyrea eli5 is <reply> explain like I'm 5
04:35 mtj[…]/Database_updates
04:35 mtj sorry, gimme 5
04:36 wizzyrea tbh I think they don't do those that way, I think they put those in the updatedatabase still. I could be smokin' it though
04:36 wizzyrea those = db updates that require processing of some sort
04:37 wizzyrea but, I DON'T KNOW so yeah don't take that for anything other than rambling.
04:37 rangi well everything gets shifted to updatedatabase on release
04:37 eythian can you browse back through master to see if there are examples in there?
04:37 rangi so you shouldnt ever find any in master
04:37 wizzyrea git grep on that folder might help you
04:37 rangi or any sql ones for that matter
04:37 rangi only in patches
04:37 rangi ie the idea is you dont push them
04:38 rangi the RM moves them to the before pushing
04:38 wizzyrea ah yeah they'd never be in there
04:38 wizzyrea duh
04:38 rangi use splinter
04:38 rangi sorry splitter
04:38 rangi
04:38 wizzyrea https://camo.githubusercontent[…]4726e6e6f2e6a7067
04:38 wizzyrea oh splitter.
04:38 wizzyrea ^.^
04:39 rangi
04:39 rangi then search for atomic
04:42 mtj nice,  works rangi :)
04:42 mtj bug 13624
04:42 wahanui i think bug 13624 is back in the NSO queue, if you fancy giving it a try ;)
04:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13624 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, charles.farmer, Signed Off , Remove columns branchcode, categorytype from table overduerules_transport_types
04:43 mtj there are indeed some tricks to a valid atomic .pl file
04:44 mtj i'll add a .pl example to the wiki
04:45 wizzyrea hooray
04:47 mtj hmm, bug 10937  is a nicer example
04:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10937 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, maxime.beaulieu, Passed QA , Option to hide and group itemtypes from advanced search
04:57 mtj does anyone have a problem with using koha-shell, then having a wonky bash shell on exit?
04:58 mtj i get no linefeed after hitting return
04:58 eythian on exit?
04:59 eythian that's unexpected
04:59 eythian but not impossible
04:59 eythian try entering "stty sane" and see if that helps.
04:59 mtj yeah, tried that one :/
05:00 eythian tell your terminal to reset
05:00 ibeardslee Sit Terminal Sit
05:01 ibeardslee .. or reset
05:01 pastebot "mtj" at pasted "koha-shell glitch" (7 lines) at
05:01 ibeardslee oh reset
05:01 eythian > Session terminated, terminating shell...
05:01 eythian what is that from?
05:02 mtj from a 'koha-shell -l foofoo'
05:02 eythian it doesn't say that
05:03 mtj yeah, sorry
05:03 mtj hey, 'reset' fixed it :0)
05:04 mtj too easy, thanks eythian
05:04 eythian probably whatever was terminated was messing with the terminal and left it in a weird state.
05:04 eythian It happens
05:05 mtj hmm, --reset arg might be a handy patch
05:06 eythian the only thing we can do from inside the terminal is stty sane
05:06 eythian oh, there's reset in bash too
05:06 eythian I don't know exactly what that does
05:07 eythian it probably would have also worked
05:07 eythian maybe also tset
05:09 mtj the ncurses /usr/bin/reset worked for me
05:09 mtj its been busted for ages for me, so im happy to sort it
05:09 eythian oh, I was thinking of the terminal reset command, usually in a menu
05:15 mtj gotcha :)
05:17 mtj ill do some experimenting with the reset stuff
05:19 eythian but, I don't think it was strictly something to do with koha-shell, it was most likely the interaction of koha-shell and something else, so putting the reset into it is really the wrong place.,
05:20 mtj yeah, i agree
05:22 mtj you coud also update the man page, saying 'try reset, if your shell goes wonky'
05:22 JoshB joined #koha
05:45 Francesca joined #koha
06:01 indradg joined #koha
06:06 Francesca joined #koha
06:06 laurence joined #koha
06:12 kivilahtio joined #koha
06:22 * magnuse waves
06:23 p_vdk joined #koha
06:24 p_vdk left #koha
06:29 reiveune joined #koha
06:29 p_vdk joined #koha
06:29 reiveune hello
06:29 p_vdk left #koha
06:31 Francesca joined #koha
06:36 viktorsarge_ joined #koha
06:58 Thurines joined #koha
07:00 alex_a joined #koha
07:01 alex_a bonjour
07:05 Joubu morning
07:13 alex_a hello Joubu
07:22 cait joined #koha
07:23 * magnuse waves again
07:25 cait it's GBSD!!!
07:26 magnuse woohoo!
07:30 codavid joined #koha
07:30 codavid left #koha
07:31 magnuse are there any places in koha where we use TT *not* to render a whole page, but to process some chunk of template, and then return the result as a string to a script that then does something with that string?
07:33 rangi you cant process just a chunk of a template
07:33 rangi to do you mean, process a small template?
07:35 magnuse ah yes, sorry
07:35 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:35 rangi we basically do that all the time
07:36 kivilahtio magnuse: I think I did something like that, then I was scolded :)
07:36 magnuse like messages, but i guess we don't use tt for that
07:36 gaetan_B hello
07:36 kivilahtio magnuse: we should!
07:36 magnuse yeah, i saw a bug for that :-)
07:36 kivilahtio magnuse: we could get rid of the custom templating engine the notifications use and instead use TT
07:36 magnuse bug 14757
07:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14757 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , Allow the use of Template Toolkit syntax for slips and notices
07:37 kivilahtio great!
07:37 Joubu rangi: nice signoff session :)
07:37 cait magnuse: csv profiles
07:37 rangi magnuse: see C4::Templates
07:37 cait yep rangi++ for starting off the gbsd
07:37 rangi the output sub
07:37 rangi see how we return $data at the bottom that sub
07:37 rangi thats a processed template
07:37 rangi we do this all the time
07:38 rangi usually what we do with it is
07:38 rangi output_html_with_http_headers $input, $cookie, $template->output;
07:38 rangi but you can totally do
07:38 cait I think you can use TT in CSV profiles now - is what i wanted to say - but not sure it's helpful for you :)
07:38 rangi my $processed_template = $template->output();
07:38 rangi and then do whatever you want with it
07:39 Joubu bug 12404
07:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12404 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , CSV profiles improvements (concatenations, substrings, conditions...)
07:39 magnuse ah thanks rangi, i think i see what yu mean
07:40 cdickinson joined #koha
07:40 marcelr joined #koha
07:40 marcelr hi #koha
07:43 magnuse rangi: i'm getting my ncip stuff up and running in koha, so far i have XML-as-string in my script, thinking that having it in separate files and using tt is slightly better
07:44 rangi ah yeah
07:44 rangi i used tt for the ncip stuff i did
07:44 ashimema joined #koha
07:44 rangi you could look at that
07:44 * rangi is testing bug 14722
07:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14722 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Refactor the export tool
07:45 rangi that might be my last one for the day, its taking a while to test
07:45 marcelr rangi++
07:45 magnuse rangi++
07:46 magnuse rangi: oh i have looked at that a whole lot! :-) (if you mean the NCIPServer) working on the client side now
07:46 magnuse @karma
07:46 huginn magnuse: Highest karma: "cait" (256), "Joubu" (217), and "tcohen" (201).  Lowest karma: "ie" (-25), "<-" (-18), and "-" (-17).  You (magnuse) are ranked 11 out of 470.
07:46 cait I will be tweeting from KohaGBSD today - please feed me news :)
07:46 magnuse cait++
07:46 cait thx to magnuse for sharing the account details
07:49 Joubu rangi: I should confess: I haven't tested very much the cmd line script... :-/
07:51 BobB_ joined #koha
07:51 rangi i think thats a lot less important
07:53 rangi ill be spending most of my time on the web side, since most end users would interact with that, mostly only devs/IT people would use the cli ..
07:54 irma joined #koha
07:56 rangi[…]me-to-read-papers  <--- built by Catalyst all with FOSS
07:57 magnuse w00t!
08:00 cait ok, messed up the last tweet a bit
08:07 kivilahtio joined #koha
08:07 xarragon When adding a new template to the OPAC, do I have to add it to some list or similar? I copied opac-news and my .pl file can call but not my copied version. Fails att including some css stuff..
08:10 mtj a file perm bug
08:10 mtj ?
08:10 magnuse xarragon: you have to specify the template at the top of the .pl
08:11 mtj hey nice link rangi ^ :)
08:11 magnuse xarragon: like "template_name => 'ill/',"
08:11 Thice joined #koha
08:11 magnuse hm, i might be barking up the wrong tree, though
08:17 cait I'd like to set a first goal for today: get the needs sign-off below 200! :)
08:18 phasefx joined #koha
08:20 marcelr cait: 209 now
08:20 codavid joined #koha
08:20 marcelr you are modest
08:20 cait marcelr: small steps... this is only the goal for the next 30 mins... :P
08:21 marcelr ok
08:21 codavid left #koha
08:21 rangi it was 221
08:22 rangi i reckon 150 is achievable
08:22 kivilahtio joined #koha
08:22 lari joined #koha
08:22 cait depends if there is easy stuff... or only hard things
08:22 rangi theres a lot of small ones
08:22 cait might be worth saving some string changes for later today and when kyle is having his session
08:22 cait i hope we will get some testing from the US at that time
08:23 cait and elsewhere of course :)
08:34 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:35 janPasi__ why does --claimletters say "you must define the hostname parameter when using --removestale or --claimletters"?
08:35 janPasi__ where exactly am I to define it?
08:35 cait janPasi hm where did you get that script?
08:35 magnuse rangi: i can't figure out what the third param to my C4::Templates->new should be... any hints? $template = C4::Templates->new( 'intranet', 'ill/nncipp/ItemShipped.xml', '' ); gives Template process failed: file error - ill/nncipp/ItemShipped.xml: not found at /home/magnus/scripts/kohaclone/C4/ line 121.
08:36 janPasi__ cait: it's not part of koha?
08:36 cait janPasi I haven't seen soemthing with that name in Koha so far - is it from a bug?
08:36 cait it might be, just not making the connection right now
08:37 janPasi__ it says "copyright anonymous, this file is part of koha"
08:37 cait i think i made the wrong connection thinking about borrowers overdues
08:38 janPasi__ it could be written in joensuu, so I'm not really sure if it's part of "international" koha
08:38 cait where does it live, we can just check on git
08:39 janPasi__ it wants tha hostname after -h parameter, after that it spits out some html :D
08:39 janPasi__ it's in misc/cronjobs
08:39 Joubu magnuse: look at C4::InstallAuth::get_template_and_user
08:39 Joubu there is a call to the C4::Template constructor
08:39 cait janPasi: don't see it[…]758a49a8b567c40a9
08:39 janPasi__ with some german text inside the html :D
08:40 cait janPasi: now it sounds really weird :)
08:40 janPasi__ indeed :D
08:40 Joubu where $tmplbase (3rd param) is the template_name
08:40 Joubu but actually it's module/filename (something like acquisition/
08:40 janPasi__ "Sind SIe sicher, dass Sie Ihre Succhistorie läschen mächten?"
08:41 janPasi__ "Vorsicht: Donner wetter sturm und blitz!"
08:41 janPasi__ not really though, it didn't say the last thing
08:42 cait janPasi: That sounds really really strange - but it doesn't appear to be in Koha proper
08:42 magnuse Joubu: and the second param should be the absolute path to the same file?
08:42 janPasi__ "Vorsicht: Dies kann nicht räkgängig gemacht werden." really
08:43 cait janPasi those soudn like existing opac strings... from the search history page
08:43 cait no idea hwo they woudl end up in a script like that
08:43 janPasi__ weird...
08:43 wahanui weird is normal after a while :)
08:43 Joubu magnuse: yes it looks like
08:47 kivilahtio joined #koha
08:47 lari joined #koha
08:49 magnuse cool, got something that works now, at least Joubu++ rangi++
08:50 Joubu gaetan_B: do you know why there is no matching rule on issn in the fr-FR unimarc install file?
08:50 Joubu gaetan_B: well, forget that...
08:50 wahanui Joubu: I forgot that
08:50 Joubu wahanui--
08:50 wahanui Joubu: huh?
08:50 gaetan_B ok :)
08:52 Joubu gaetan_B: actually there is no matchpoint defined at all for fr-FR and unimarc
08:53 gaetan_B it is something that keeps coming and going then ? i know there are some instances for which i have to configure them manually
08:53 gaetan_B and some for which they seem to be there already
08:54 gaetan_B (it could just be that these were marc21 instances)
08:54 gaetan_B it would seem like a good idea to have ISBN and ISSN defined by default
08:54 gaetan_B also, Koha does a duplicate check even if you have no matching rules defined, but i don't know how it works exactly
08:55 gaetan_B and what happens to this default check once you start defining your owns
08:56 mveron joined #koha
08:56 mveron Hi #koha
08:58 Joubu gaetan_B: on the isbn, but not when importing records I think
08:58 Joubu hi mveron!
08:58 mveron hi Joubou
08:59 mveron Hmm, date ranges in statistics and reports do not work if the system preference dateformat  is not set to yyyy-mm-dd
09:01 mveron Can anybody confirm?
09:02 marcelr hi mveron
09:03 marcelr just had a look again at the Dates stuff
09:04 mveron hi marcelr
09:04 Joubu marcelr: did you execute the atomicupdate for bug 14098?
09:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14098 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , Regression in Marc Modification Templates
09:04 marcelr Joubu: good question: I guess not///
09:04 Joubu It works here, and it looks like the enum field does not contain the copy_and_replace_field action
09:05 marcelr probably thats it
09:05 marcelr will retry now
09:07 marcelr is annoyed by Plack::Middleware::ReverseProxy
09:08 marcelr i do not use Plack
09:08 marcelr yet
09:10 marcelr Joubu: yes that works better :)
09:11 Joubu yes, this module shouldn't be required
09:11 Joubu I will open a bug report for that
09:13 Joubu bug 14775
09:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14775 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Plack::Middleware::ReverseProxy should not be required
09:13 Francesca joined #koha
09:16 * Francesca waves
09:23 edveal joined #koha
09:33 mtj oooh... handy?  ->[…]bash_program.html
09:36 mtj the author admits it might be a bit.. um, lossy
09:39 Joubu thanks marcelr!
09:56 cait got pulled into a meeting - are all the bugs signed off yet?
09:56 marcelr cait: you do the rest :)
09:57 Joubu just one or 2 left...
09:57 marcelr mveron: will try to come back today at 13813
09:57 cait i kind of doubt waht you say... :)
09:57 mveron marcelr ++
09:59 * mveron waves to cait  :-)
09:59 cait hi mveron :)
10:01 mveron cait: It seems that date ranges are broken in reports / stats if dateformat syspref is something else than yyyy-mm-dd
10:01 * Francesca waves at everyone
10:01 cait mveron: hm strange, i thought at leats some worked
10:01 cait aaah sql reports?
10:01 cait or the other ones?
10:02 mveron Yes.
10:02 * cdickinson waves back at Francesca
10:02 cait which ones?
10:02 wahanui which ones are lighztning talks?
10:02 cait mveron: it was fixed for sql reports
10:02 cait recently
10:03 cait and broken recently
10:03 cait are you testing with latest master?
10:03 mveron Yes, latest master.
10:03 cait bug 14382
10:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14382 major, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Pushed to Stable , datepicker's dateFormat setting for reports is missing
10:03 cait that should have fixed it
10:04 cait for the sql reports
10:04 mveron OK, I will test again...
10:04 mtj hey Joubu, ping 10554?
10:04 cait coudl someone also test 14457? zeno failed it, but I think maybe not valid
10:04 cait it uses a plugin, so not sure it needs to actually change opac-search
10:04 Joubu mtj: pong
10:05 Thurines joined #koha
10:05 Joubu cait: back to NSO
10:06 mtj "With your patch and the pref set to "all", you get 2 buttons:"
10:06 mtj that a checkout for P1 or P2 user?
10:06 Joubu mtj: read  non-blocked"
10:07 Joubu it was a checkout for P2
10:07 cait Joubu: i see thx!
10:07 Joubu he try to check the item out, he got an error, and the UI suggests to check the item in, it does not make sense
10:08 Joubu tries*
10:08 mtj aah, ok.. hmm thats a bug sorry
10:08 cait bbiab
10:11 mtj Joubu,  you ran koha-translate after applying the patch huh?
10:12 Joubu I always use the "en" interface
10:12 mtj yep, ok :)
10:12 mtj thanks for taking a look
10:20 Francesca joined #koha
10:25 Francesca joined #koha
10:37 Francesca joined #koha
10:44 cait_lunch marcelr++
10:45 jseplae joined #koha
10:45 cait_lunch does someone know where we started with qa this morning?
10:45 Joubu ~80 I think
10:46 cait_lunch hm says 6 passed - but some might have failed
10:46 cait_lunch[…]i-bin/
10:47 cait_lunch 12 passed qa... possible?
10:47 cait_lunch ah no... 6 passed ... 6 failed... hm should write down the numbers next time
10:49 Joubu cait_lunch: I have set some to discussion and does not apply
10:50 cait_lunch yeah makes sense
10:50 cait_lunch we will use 80 then
10:56 Francesca joined #koha
11:09 wnickc joined #koha
11:12 drojf joined #koha
11:12 drojf hi #koha
11:15 magnuse moin drojf
11:17 drojf hei magnuse
11:17 drojf how is the gbsd going?
11:20 cait hi drojf :)
11:20 cait makign someprogress
11:20 cait[…]i-bin/
11:20 cait you should grab a bug and join ;)
11:22 drojf i wanted to try the plack stuff. have to find out if i can access my package builder vps from here though
11:22 cait cool - if you do, put some notes somewhere :)
11:28 drojf ok that is not going to work, unless there is a master package that can be used. don't have the password for the vps here
11:28 cait reminder: khall is online now on zoom to answer questions! - and he is already busy, i just tried loggin in there
11:28 cait drojf: not sure, but there might be a package
11:28 * marcelr hopes for some attention to bug 14321
11:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14321 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Merge UploadedFile and UploadedFiles into Koha::Upload
11:29 cait tcohen was talkign to eythian about a package
11:31 magnuse yeah, i think tcohen said there was a master package with the new plack stuff in it?
11:32 drojf the last mail i read said its broken
11:32 drojf and i think that was yesterday
11:32 cait hm they fixed somethng- maybe try again?
11:32 magnuse eythian++ # plack-enabled packages ready![…]5-09-02#i_1724209
11:35 magnuse oops that should be, tcohen said "eythian++ # plack-enabled packages ready!"
11:36 drojf joined #koha
11:36 drojf pidgin sucks
11:36 cait no it doesn't
11:36 drojf oh yes it does
11:36 cait nope
11:37 drojf you can have all of it ;)
11:37 drojf as soon as i have time to find something else that is
11:37 drojf thanks for the link magnuse
11:41 meliss joined #koha
11:46 cait khall++
12:01 magnuse khall++
12:04 cait h
12:04 cait m
12:04 cait do we support IE for opac?
12:04 cait and ...which version if we do?
12:08 mveron joined #koha
12:08 mveron Hi again #koha
12:09 cait GBSDKoha for GBSD tweets - new followers and retweets welcome :)
12:09 mveron marcelr ++ for QAing Bug 13813
12:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13813 normal, P3, ---, veron, Passed QA , Remove deprecated module C4::Dates from system
12:09 marcelr :)
12:11 mveron I hope it is pushed soon - there is more to come to get rid of C4::Dates
12:12 cait mveron++
12:14 marcelr mveron: ask tcohen to do so
12:17 mveron @seen tcohen
12:17 huginn mveron: tcohen was last seen in #koha 12 hours, 24 minutes, and 51 seconds ago: <tcohen> rangi: go bribe the other chris to accept my pull request heh
12:18 tcohen joined #koha
12:18 mveron hi tcohen :-)
12:19 tcohen hi mveron
12:20 mveron tcohen: Is it possible to push Bug 13813? - It will allow me to do more work for getting rid of C4::Dates
12:20 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13813 normal, P3, ---, veron, Passed QA , Remove deprecated module C4::Dates from system
12:20 magnuse kia ora tcohen
12:21 tcohen mveron: would that help you fix more bugs during GBSD?
12:21 tcohen hi magnuse
12:21 tcohen magnuse: i've added a patch for koha-gitify (fr apache 2.4)
12:21 mveron tcohen: No. It's OK to have pushed it later, e.g. tomorrow
12:22 tcohen and i think i forgot to push the latest kohadevbox fixes to my branch
12:23 tcohen magnuse: if you want to try it, just vagrant up {trusty|wheezy|jessie} on my repo
12:23 tcohen i'm only missing the Listen: 8080 line
12:26 magnuse tcohen: no time to look now, i'm afraid
12:26 magnuse ncip! ncip! ncip!
12:28 cait tcohen: drojf said he woudl test plack :P
12:33 tcohen ashimema: RAML vs Swagger2?
12:34 ashimema I felt RAML was clearer and more extensible.. but Swagger has a bigger following andmroe software already supporting it..
12:35 ashimema so Swagger seems to be the way to go.. unless someone wants to right a RAML parser ;)
12:35 ashimema s/right/write/
12:35 ashimema s/for perl
12:36 nengard joined #koha
12:36 tcohen ashimema: thanks, a friend asked me and i had no clue
12:36 tcohen Joubu: you want me to work more, right? :-P
12:37 magnuse druthb!
12:37 wahanui it has been said that druthb is an amazing person
12:37 nengard :)
12:40 ashimema tcohen, batman on the mojo channel is a good man to ask such questions of ;)
12:41 tcohen ok, thank you
12:41 ashimema he in fact runs a swagger channel too ;)
12:42 cait second person asking about how to sign off in kyle's screenshare session now! yay!
12:42 ashimema cait.. poke me if our sandboxes go down..
12:42 marcelr Joubu: I would not object adding a followup on bug 14639 for the marc flavor
12:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14639 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Passed QA , Extend Koha::MetadataRecord to handle serialization format
12:42 druthb magnuse!
12:42 wahanui somebody said magnuse was afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza.
12:42 marcelr pizza?
12:42 wahanui pizza is in the oven.
12:42 ashimema there's something horrible going on on that server.. it keeps falling over with OOM's..
12:42 ashimema not got to the bottom of it yet
12:43 tcohen marcelr: I'm adding it right now
12:43 cait ashimema: so far things seem to work, but khall would know more
12:43 ashimema coolios
12:45 ashimema damn.. I've just hit a recursion problem in one of my migratino scripts.. I hate such problems.
12:45 Joubu marcelr: I think followups should be provided before the patches pass qa
12:45 marcelr exceptions make the rule, Joubu
12:46 marcelr no big deal in this case
12:46 tcohen Joubu: i left it as you see it because I wanted it to have the exact same behaviour it did
12:46 tcohen because it was being used only for authorities}
12:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:47 tcohen as you said, all params should really be mandatory
12:47 Joubu It's less error proof to use the pref instead of MARC21
12:47 Joubu but really, if you like it like that, I don't care
12:51 tcohen Joubu: I'll provide a followup and tests for that, no worries...
12:53 marcelr suppose that we did not have the magic follow-up :)
12:54 drojf koha common unstable depends on libtest-cgi-multipart-perl which is not part of jessie
12:54 marcelr good morning too drojf
12:54 drojf hi marcelr
12:54 liw libtest-cgi-multipart-perl seems to be in Debian jessie, but not any other release
12:55 liw er, sorry, Debian wheezy is the Debian release with that package
12:55 drojf yes, that is what i found
12:56 liw ("rmadison libtest-cgi-multipart-perl" is the command to check that easily, rmadison is in the devscripts package)
12:56 * ashimema is always amazed at how quick liw pipes up for deb dependency related stuff :)
12:56 magnuse liw++
12:56 ashimema liw++
12:56 tcohen liw: that shouldn't be a problem with squeeze EOL, right?
12:56 liw ashimema, only when I'm bored at work
12:57 drojf oh cool, good to know, thanks liw
12:57 drojf liw++
12:57 ashimema however.. what is the solution to it is the next question.. we probably aught to try and remove our dependancy upon it?
12:57 liw tcohen, well, if Koha needs that, it's a problem for anyone not running wheezy (and wheezy is older than current Debian stable)
12:57 drojf not sure what we use it for, but either we switch to whatever does what it does in jessie or eythian should pack it for us
12:57 tcohen liw: you mean it is not on Jessie?
12:58 drojf tcohen: that is my problem
12:58 ashimema yup.. it's only in wheezy tcohen.
12:58 ashimema deprecated in jessie.. not idea of the reasoning around any of it
12:59 ashimema what are we using it for.. tests?
12:59 liw tcohen, yeah, it is in wheezy only, nothing older and nothing newer, including not in jessie or unstable
13:00 tcohen hmm, didn't notice when testing bug 6874
13:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6874 new feature, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Attach files to bibliographic records
13:00 tcohen jajm: is it possible to refactor the tests not to depend on that lib?
13:01 ashimema Test::CGI::Multipart
13:01 ashimema looks like that module hasn't been maintained since 2010
13:02 drojf to be fair, development on that bug started 2011 ;)
13:02 ashimema lol
13:02 JoshB joined #koha
13:03 tcohen the module is not marked as mandatory
13:03 jajm tcohen, i have really no idea, i remember it was the only way i found at the time
13:03 * ashimema would love to be able to use carton with koha
13:03 drojf whats carton?
13:04 tcohen why can't we?
13:04 ashimema[…]for-web-apps.html
13:04 ashimema it's not really for a packaged app ;)
13:04 ashimema but it's not how I develop perl apps..
13:04 cait khall++ teaching for a second time how to use the sandboxes today
13:04 ashimema plenv + carton (so I can pin both the perl version and all my cpan dependancies)
13:05 ashimema though the Carton guy is now working on Carmel.. which is apparently better but the differences are over my head ;)
13:06 marcelr Test::CGI::Multipart look at bug 14321 please
13:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14321 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Merge UploadedFile and UploadedFiles into Koha::Upload
13:06 marcelr the test does not need that module anymore there
13:07 marcelr tcohen: see bug 14321
13:07 tcohen marcelr++
13:08 marcelr hope someone signs off on that one
13:08 * tcohen is happy we have plenty of time to have that pushed before the release :-D
13:10 drojf won't help me with testing plack though :P
13:13 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:14 cait marcelr: just lack of time
13:15 marcelr yeah
13:15 cait still wanted to say thank you there i guess
13:15 cait i'd really like that patch
13:15 cait so would at least one of our libraries - it's not lack of interest for sure
13:16 tcohen drojf: how is it related to plack?
13:16 drojf tcohen: i cannot install the master package, so i can't test
13:16 tcohen drojf: that's weird, the dependency is not marked as mandatory
13:16 drojf it exploded when i tried to install
13:17 JesseM_away joined #koha
13:17 drojf and i took the time to set up jessie to test. lol. cloning a wheezy vm now that i would have had availaible before
13:18 tcohen drojf: have you tried my kohadevbox?
13:18 tcohen it will take u 5 minutes to get it running with wheezy
13:18 drojf no
13:18 tcohen or jessie or trusty
13:18 drojf how do i use that?
13:18 tcohen get vagrant and ansible from their sites
13:19 drojf waaah learn new stuff i should have learned months ago
13:19 tcohen it will take you only a couple minutes :-D
13:20 drojf i have to upgrade, clone and clean the vm first. will tell you when i am ready
13:20 tcohen1 joined #koha
13:20 tcohen drojf: not for kohadevbox
13:20 tcohen it will create a clean vm with the requested OS
13:20 drojf on the other hand, i would not have found that bug with the missing dependency using that
13:21 tcohen you would
13:21 cma joined #koha
13:21 tcohen if you used it with 'jessie' as parameter :-D
13:21 tcohen i'm just saying you can have a clean wheeze env out of the box, in a couple minutes
13:22 drojf have to wait for the updates anyway now. imagine a very slow computer virtualizing another slow computer
13:23 tcohen Joubu: I've attached the followup you asked for
13:24 drojf tcohen: vagrant is in wheezy, will that work too? or is it too old?
13:24 tcohen i think it is old
13:24 Joubu thx
13:24 drojf 1.0.3. ansible is 1.7.2
13:25 tcohen yes, just get the latest
13:25 drojf ah yes its 1.7.4
13:26 JesseM joined #koha
13:30 Brooke joined #koha
13:30 Brooke o/
13:30 tcohen hi Brooke !
13:30 * Brooke hugs Tcohen
13:30 Brooke it's GBSD, right?
13:31 tcohen it is!
13:31 Brooke hooray!
13:31 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'
13:31 * Brooke hands out cookies
13:33 nengard hiya Brooke
13:33 Brooke oh yea!
13:33 Brooke how's it going?
13:35 jseplae joined #koha
13:35 drojf the ansible ppa does not work for debian, so i'm going to use what is in wheezy and hope that works
13:35 tcohen drojf: it should do it
13:35 mario joined #koha
13:35 drojf tcohen: i installed vagrant and ansible, what now?
13:35 tcohen clone my github repo
13:35 tcohen :-D
13:35 tcohen i'm fixing a remaining issue
13:35 drojf it took more than five minutes already :P
13:36 tcohen you type too slow :-P
13:36 drojf where do i find your repo?
13:36 drojf lol
13:36 Brooke there are no users in the stale confirmation queue on the wiki :)
13:37 Brooke and just 3 awaiting stuff
13:37 drojf tcohen: ?
13:37 Brooke and David Nind has that handled.
13:37 tcohen
13:37 tcohen but
13:37 tcohen give me a second
13:37 druthb Brooke!
13:37 tcohen found a problem, minimal problem
13:37 Brooke RUTH!
13:37 drojf another second, see it adds up
13:37 drojf :P
13:37 * Brooke tackle hugs Ruth
13:37 * druthb gets tacklehugged
13:38 tcohen ok, now it is up to date
13:39 tcohen i'm still missing fixing the ports.conf file
13:39 tcohen have you cloned it?
13:39 Brooke k this will take like 10 seconds someone. I need a logical thinking living and breathing human to go take a look at the SQL reports fidgeting that I've done here and tell me whether it's worth it or more confusing
13:39 Brooke[…]SQL_Reports_Holds
13:39 Brooke original:[…]L_Reports_Library
13:41 tcohen drojf: r u there?
13:42 drojf tcohen: sorry took a bathroom break :D cloned it now
13:43 tcohen go into the cloned repo
13:43 tcohen and run
13:43 tcohen vagrant plugin install vagrant-cachier
13:44 drojf "this can take a few minutes" … more minutes :D
13:44 drojf done
13:44 tcohen does your virtualbox configuration have host-only network configured?
13:45 drojf yes
13:45 tcohen awesome
13:45 tcohen and you have nfs-kernel-server installed?
13:45 tcohen :-D
13:46 drojf i don't think on this box, let me check
13:46 tcohen this is just because i didn't bother to implement all the features from the original kohadevbox yet
13:46 drojf i have now ;)
13:46 tcohen i will, but i rushed
13:47 tcohen ok, do export SYNC_REPO=your_koha_clone_path
13:47 drojf ok
13:47 tcohen you can take a look at vars/defaults.yml
13:48 tcohen once it is polished you will uncomment and tweak vars/user.yml instead
13:48 tcohen but it should work
13:48 tcohen ready?
13:48 mveron Brooke:I'm not sure I understood your question - but yes, it makes sense for me to break down the SQL reports to several pages.
13:48 tcohen only the last 4 entries are really relevant
13:49 Brooke mveron TYVM :)
13:49 tcohen once you are done, run vagrant up wheezy
13:49 tcohen (or trusty or jessie)
13:49 Brooke I just didn't want to go and chunk out the whole thing only to have folks be all like "I liked it the olde way where no one could find a damn thing."
13:49 * mveron will have to look up TYVM in some dictionary...
13:49 Brooke thank you very much
13:49 Brooke merci beaucoup to you
13:50 mveron YAW (You are welcome)
13:50 mveron :-)
13:50 nlegrand Joubu: thanks for rebasing bug 14045 :)
13:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14045 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Add specific quotas to on-site checkout
13:51 Brooke :D okay I have found mah activitay for GBSD
13:51 Brooke and I will send out a thingy on the listserv to poke Liberrians.
13:51 cait needs signoff went bakc up again... someone is cheating :)
13:52 Joubu nlegrand: de rien ;)
13:52 drojf tcohen: sorry get distracted all the time. can i just leave the dns setting as it is? (koha_domain)
13:52 tcohen we don't use it anyway
13:52 tcohen so no worries, drojf
13:53 tcohen you will access the interfaces based on the tcp port
13:53 drojf thats how i like it :D
13:54 drojf lets see what that does
13:54 tcohen drojf: enjoy looking at the terminal
13:56 tcohen Joubu: it is possible that there's no way I will write regrssion tests for CanBookBeIssued right now
13:56 tcohen have a meeting in 40 minutes, i can't make it
13:56 rocio joined #koha
13:58 amyjeankearns joined #koha
13:59 nlegrand cait: you mean on 14045?
14:00 tcohen drojf: ?
14:01 drojf tcohen: ==> wheezy: Waiting for machine to boot. This may take a few minutes... / wheezy: SSH address: / wheezy: Warning: Connection timeout. Retrying...
14:01 tcohen drojf: it does that a couple times, it is a vagrant thing
14:02 tcohen Joubu: what is CanBookBeIssued logging?
14:03 tcohen drojf: is it still stuck?
14:03 drojf did not work. but it is trying to ssh to shouldn't it be using something else? it brought another host-only adapter btw
14:03 marcelr Joubu: bug 14509: yes it is the refresh ;) just going too fast.. sorry
14:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14509 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , Koha still allows spaces at the end, beginning or as your password
14:03 tcohen drojf: the host only adapter is used for the NFS mount
14:05 marcelr Joubu: statut = 1 ?
14:05 Joubu hum?
14:05 marcelr it appears to be in the script already
14:05 marcelr seems like typo status
14:05 drojf tcohen: what ip is set on the vm?
14:06 Joubu marcelr: yes it is, but an old one :)
14:06 Joubu statut is status in French...
14:06 marcelr ok
14:07 tcohen drojf: is your machine capable of running 64bit machines?
14:07 drojf no this one is not
14:07 tcohen so it is not booting :-D
14:07 drojf excellent
14:07 tcohen look at the Vagrantfile (file)
14:08 tcohen notice debian/wheezy64
14:08 drojf i am in there right now
14:08 tcohen try 32 :-D
14:08 drojf yup
14:08 drojf thanks
14:08 tcohen let's see how it goes
14:08 Joubu tcohen: it should log if the user is a X (statistic)
14:08 tcohen the jessie box is failing because of that dependency
14:08 drojf is that debian/wheezy then or debian/wheezy32?
14:08 Joubu it's for stats usage
14:09 tcohen drojf, i'm not sure
14:09 tcohen let me check
14:10 drojf how do i get rid of the 64bit machine in virtualbox?
14:10 tcohen it is not on virtualbox
14:11 tcohen it didn't boot, right?
14:11 drojf i see the 64bit in the virtualbox manager
14:12 drojf and i cannot delete it. and now it "starts" it when i try vagrant up
14:12 tcohen ah
14:12 tcohen run vagrant destroy wheezy
14:12 drojf ah cool
14:12 drojf :D
14:12 cait Just a reminder... it's GBSD!
14:13 tcohen drojf: you will be using vagrat {up|destroy|provision} a lot :-D
14:13 drojf neither wheezy not wheezy32 work
14:15 drojf there are only 64bit versions available
14:15 tcohen drojf: try puppetlabs/debian-7.8-32-nocm
14:16 tcohen it should be a wheezy base with some additions from the puppet people
14:16 Joubu khall: courses.enabled is a enum('yes', 'no'). Is there a valid reason for not using a boolean?
14:17 alex_a joined #koha
14:17 khall Joubu: not really. the 'yes' and 'no' mapped nicely to 'yes' and 'no' for the checkbox value from CGI. I used an enum so it wouldn't take up alot of space.
14:17 drojf tcohen: ok that is doing something
14:17 khall a two value enum is basically a bool
14:21 schnydszch joined #koha
14:22 Joubu just weird when you look at the code: "If course.enabled" should be enough
14:22 Joubu anyway
14:24 khall Joubu: in retrospect, I agree with you. I would endorse a patch that changes that behavior
14:27 drojf tcohen: explodes when trying to get the apache 2.4 backports
14:27 tcohen oh, so that's 64bit only+}
14:28 drojf indeed[…]xperimental/main/
14:29 tcohen drojf: I'm really sorry
14:30 tcohen i didn't think of the 32bit scenario. For other uses just comment the lines that add the 2.4 repo
14:30 drojf no worries. it was good finally have a look at vagrant anyway
14:30 tcohen and you will still have a really good dev environment
14:30 tcohen i mean, those backports are only needed to run the plack integration
14:31 tcohen for any other use..
14:31 drojf believe me, it took quite some time until i thought of the no-64bit-problem when i started using this machine
14:31 drojf i hope to get the ok for a new one soon
14:31 tcohen drojf: you can still test ubuntu/trusty32 i you want to
14:32 tcohen and comment the relevant lines in roles/kohadevbox/tasks/main.yml if you need wheezy for other stuff
14:38 drojf tcohen: i think i will have a look at bug 14321 to get rid of the dependency
14:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14321 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Merge UploadedFile and UploadedFiles into Koha::Upload
14:38 tcohen drojf: awesome :-D
14:38 drojf or go to bed and get ill, feel a little like it
14:39 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
14:39 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 19.0°C (4:20 PM CEST on September 03, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 64%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Steady).
14:40 tcohen drojf: get better soon!
14:40 drojf marcelr: should i get all patches on 14321 together or test them one by one?
14:41 Joubu I'd say all together
14:41 drojf tcohen: i still hope i'm just very tired, but i don't really have a reason for that. will drink a lot of tea when i am home and see what happens
14:42 drojf thanks Joubu
14:42 * Joubu send some grog to drojf
14:42 drojf tcohen: the computer at home is capable of 64bit virtualisation though, i could start again :D
14:42 tcohen great!
14:42 drojf :P
14:42 tcohen how much time do i have?
14:43 Kchris joined #koha
14:43 tcohen i might actually fix a couple issues in time :-D
14:43 drojf thanks Joubu grog would be awesome :)
14:43 drojf tcohen: at least an hour or two
14:45 mario joined #koha
14:46 tcohen drojf: great
14:53 pianohacker joined #koha
14:54 khall zeno++ for adding patch complexities to bugs
14:55 marcelr drojf: you can apply them all and test
14:55 marcelr zeno++
14:56 drojf he seems to be the person with the least known irc nickname :D
14:56 marcelr wrong name?
14:57 drojf i think its tajoli
14:57 drojf @seen tajoli
14:57 huginn drojf: tajoli was last seen in #koha 1 week, 0 days, 23 hours, 47 minutes, and 35 seconds ago: <tajoli> I see only Olli's work are many new files
14:57 drojf yup
14:57 ashimema yup
14:59 schnydszch hi! I'm working on signoff of bug 11298
14:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11298 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Renewal due date won't take specified time into account
15:00 TGoat joined #koha
15:02 alex_a_ joined #koha
15:02 cait schnydszch++ :)
15:03 schnydszch yes cait, it seemed I'm still getting 23:59
15:03 burdsjm joined #koha
15:03 cait schnydszch: are you using the date field at the bottom of the checkouts table?
15:04 schnydszch yes I used the date picker plugin
15:04 cait and changed the time?
15:04 Michael_ joined #koha
15:04 cait hi Michael_
15:04 Michael_ hi cait - I'm a first timer
15:04 cait welcome :)
15:05 cait schnydszch: sounds like it might not work then :(
15:05 schnydszch and there's also a bug with American dates
15:06 * ashimema should probably stick around and say hello to people.. but he's got to go cook dinner for the family instead..
15:06 schnydszch the datetime format
15:06 ashimema ping me if ptfs sandboxes go down ;)
15:06 mveron hi Michael_ :-)
15:07 Michael_ hi mveron :-)
15:09 schnydszch cait, yes changed the time
15:09 schnydszch to 9:))
15:09 schnydszch 9:00
15:10 schnydszch cait, it seems in might not work
15:10 Michael_ mveron: Since I'm here for the first time: What am I expected to do? What can I expect to happen?
15:11 ashimema general koha related chitter chatter ;)
15:11 drojf marcelr: i got an error with the atomic update ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 1: Duplicate column name 'public'
15:11 ashimema questions being asked and answered
15:11 mveron Michael_:You can ask questions
15:11 ashimema Michael_: welcome to #koha
15:11 mveron ...or discuss things with other people...
15:12 ashimema a fair chunk of 'dev talk' goes on in here too.. :)
15:12 Michael_ mveron: OK, I got a lot of em... just don't know where to begin
15:13 mveron Just ask...
15:13 ashimema at the beggining ;0
15:13 mveron If sombody knows an answer you will get it...
15:14 mveron Or you can find out about the weather at your place. e.g.
15:14 mveron @wunder Allschwil
15:14 huginn mveron: The current temperature in Basel, Switzerland is 21.0°C (5:00 PM CEST on September 03, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 43%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
15:18 mveron Michael_:Sometimes the logs are useful as well, e.g. :
15:19 Michael_ I just migrated som data to Koha 3.20.03 - at the end I found out MARC 942 $c (e. g. 1) had one-fdigit numbers in it while 052 $y had two digit numbers in it (e. g. 01). I thought it would be a good thing if I could just update the digits by SQL but I couldn't find a way. Is there a way that takes care of all tables (items, biblioitems, biblio) and the respective BLOBs? I mean, actually i run my original migration script
15:19 Joubu schnydszch: I confirm it works here, just tried right now.
15:19 alex_a joined #koha
15:19 Joubu schnydszch: Could you detail what does not work? How are you testing?
15:19 marcelr drojf: duplicate column error -- did you run the dbrev again or so?
15:20 cait Michael_: today is pretty busy here
15:20 cait how many records do you have?
15:20 phred_ joined #koha
15:20 cait and yes, your 942 shoudl match 952$y and also the itemtypes you have configured - they are also case sensitive
15:21 Michael_ cait: 89'025 records in biblio
15:21 schnydszch Joubu: i specified due date using the date picker
15:21 cait i think export fix and reimport with a matching rule on biblionumber
15:21 alex_a__ joined #koha
15:21 cait i haven't tried the record batch edit tool yet - but 90.000 could be a bit much for one edit
15:21 Michael_ cait: Yes they shoudl match - of course it was a mistake in my migration script. But I would have liked to correct it via SQL...
15:22 Joubu "Renewal due date" at the bottom of the table, you have change the Hour and Minute values?
15:22 Joubu d
15:22 schnydszch yes, I changed that
15:22 cait Michael_: it's really not easy, because besides the xml there is also a format for magnetic tapes stored... so you might create some mismatch
15:22 schnydszch wait
15:22 cait items data can be updated with sql
15:22 cait but bibliographic is harder
15:22 Joubu you have seen "your date with your format and not 23:59", save
15:23 Joubu and then you have seen a "date with 23:59" in the Due date column of the checkouts table?
15:23 Michael_ cait: yes yes, I know... I even learned there is some BLOB areas that I kept away from for now... so maybe my approach wasn't absolutely wrong.
15:23 cait hm maybe check if the patch was correctly applied to the sandbox? (joubu, schnydszch
15:24 p_vdk joined #koha
15:24 Joubu cait: that's what the next question :)
15:24 Joubu erk
15:24 Joubu that is *
15:27 Michael_ Another question: Recently I tried to print some labels with barcode type COOP2of5 resp. Industrial2of5 - but even if they are available in the label creator I couldn't get any output with them (while Code 39 worked without a problem). Is this a known problem or might I have missed something?
15:28 reiveune bye
15:28 reiveune left #koha
15:30 Michael_ However, as said I then used Code 39 - but the output is just the barcode with the number it bases on printed below. What the library really wants is first line the name of the library, only then the barcode and finally third line the number. Is this possible with the Koha label creator or will I have to use som external program like glabels for this?
15:31 cait I think you can print additional text on the labels
15:31 cait have you taken a look at the online help for this page?
15:31 cait we are not using the label module, but i think you can put something like "library" in the field name list
15:33 p_vdk joined #koha
15:33 p_vdk left #koha
15:33 schnydszch need to go home. I'll check again once I got home, Joubu, cait, I'll give feedback
15:34 Michael_ cait: I was able to put the library name in the label, together with other info - but not together with the real barcode
15:36 Michael_ cait: Seems like I will make further experiments with an external tool like glabels which actually seems able to do it. But of course I would have preferred to stay within Koha for all label creation.
15:36 cait Michael_: the real barcode?
15:37 Michael_ cait: Yes, I mean there is the barcode number wich is represented by the real barcode (the thing with bars that are not human readable :-)
15:37 cait barcode type?
15:38 cait sorry, long day - do you mean the real barcode type (2of5 instead of Code39)?
15:38 Michael_ The real barcode can have different forms like Code 39, Industrial20f5 etc
15:40 Michael_ bI called the actual representation of a certain number the "real barcode" - so the barcode number is 5, but the real barcode looks something like ||||||| - the scanner will read the real barcode and translate it back to the barcode number
15:40 barton is there a way to force search to interpret a string as CCL? This works, but returns nothing: acqdate,st-date=<2010-04-09 ... whereas this fails: acqdate,st-date-normalized=<2010-04-09 => No results match your search for 'kw,wrdl: acqdate,st-date-normalized<2010-04-09'.
15:42 Michael_ I guess that's the problem with the label creating since for usual number the Koha label creator uses one font but it needs an entirely different font for the real barcode and I guess it's not possible to mix two fonts on one label...?
15:43 cait Michael_: i know what a barcode is ;)
15:43 cait koha can print barcodes and also the number below in a different script
15:45 codavid1 joined #koha
15:45 cait i mean... a barcode and the barcode number.
15:45 codavid joined #koha
15:45 cait btw all.... one more bug to go to get below 200!
15:46 codavid left #koha
15:47 Michael_ cait: I'm sure you know :-) It's just I sometimes don't know the proper words in English
15:47 Michael_ So I try to explain...
15:48 Michael_ I have seen together with the barcode always comes the number, but I haven't seen a way how to change the font of this numbers and so I think the numbers are part of the actual barcode font
15:49 cait hm idon't know about that,but you could try the mailing list
15:49 cait someone using the module might know
15:51 drojf marcelr: i'm done with the first patch and it all seems to work, but my folder is empty and mysql says the directory is koha_upload, not what i put into koha-conf.xml. am i missing something?
15:52 drojf (and i cant find the files anywhere)
15:52 Michael_ Well, some months ago a guy called Allen asked the same thing about the barcode type 2of5 - there was never an answer... it just seems to be no problem for anyone else... I already tried a lot so I think I will try the external program glabels which Vimal Kumar has described in[…]elabel-using.html
15:52 marcelr you need to have an entry in the config file
15:52 drojf i have
15:53 marcelr upload_path
15:53 drojf <upload_path>/my/path</upload_path>
15:53 marcelr you can add categories via the UPLOAD auth value
15:53 marcelr this path exists?
15:53 drojf yes
15:54 drojf well not that one
15:54 drojf :D
15:54 drojf but the one i put there
15:54 marcelr ok
15:54 marcelr is there a koha_upload subfolder?
15:55 drojf in that path? no. does it have to be?
15:55 marcelr does your koha instance user have permissions to write there?
15:55 marcelr no it should be created if the perms are ok
15:55 drojf ah permissions could be a problem, thanks
15:58 tcohen drojf
15:58 marcelr and check your systems tempdir if files went there
15:58 tcohen i've just uploaded a couple more commits to kohadevbox
15:59 tcohen that will make it run smoothly :-D
15:59 tcohen will update the README now
15:59 marcelr drojf: also add some categories in auth values with UPLOAD key; should become subfolders in your upload dir
16:00 Michael_ OK, as I see questions can indeed be asked but they tend to go under... what other possibilities are there to get an answer? What should I do before filing a bug?
16:03 drojf marcelr: should the UPLOAD category be there by default? because it's not
16:03 mveron Michael_:I'm testing to get an answer for you. But that takes some time...
16:03 marcelr drojf: no it is not needed per se; note the difference between permanent and temporary storage
16:04 marcelr the first patch iirc deals with temporary only
16:04 marcelr you should find those files in your tempdir and then koha_Upload sub
16:04 laurence left #koha
16:04 marcelr so /tmp/koha_upload or similar
16:05 marcelr if you upload permanently with tools/upload in the later patches, you need a category
16:05 drojf AH! yes
16:05 tcohen drojf: kohadevbox is ready to use now, one-command up and running :-D
16:05 marcelr the current implementation for the plugin falls back to cataloguing
16:06 tcohen i'm only missing a patch against koha-gitify so it points the shell scripts to those on the debia nrepo
16:06 drojf tcohen: thanks, will try later
16:06 Michael_ mveron: What exactly are you testing? I have tested quite some stuff already. It seems both barcode types 2of5 are indeed available in the label creator but it is not functional.
16:06 marcelr but i think i did not copy that fallback in the new code when there is no category
16:06 Michael_ mveron: I'm always talking of Koha 3.20.03
16:08 mveron Michal_:I'm on current master
16:09 mveron Michael_:I'm on current master
16:10 drojf marcelr: it said "[2] Check new entry in table uploaded_files. Look for the file in the     directory defined by upload_path in koha-conf.xml." so i did ;)
16:11 marcelr is that the first commit message?
16:11 Michael_ mveron: The day will come that I'll also install something else than the stable version... getting into git etc...
16:11 drojf marcelr: test plan of the first patch
16:11 drojf so yes
16:12 mveron Michael_:That is great!
16:12 marcelr drojf: you are right; stage-marc-import is temporary storage so the comit message is wrong
16:12 marcelr file should be in /tmp
16:12 indradg joined #koha
16:12 marcelr only permanent files go to the upload_path
16:12 drojf and there it is. so the patch is ok
16:13 marcelr this patch got amended a lot of times.,.
16:13 marcelr but the message did not..?
16:13 drojf apparently
16:13 wahanui apparently is, like, vitally important to librarians
16:14 marcelr drojf: the only thing we perhaps miss in this patch set is the warning for no categories when trying to store permanently..
16:15 marcelr should be a small thing
16:15 marcelr like the hidden input cataloguing in the plugin template now
16:16 drojf for the second patch, i changed the owner and got "upload status: failed". it would maybe make sense to include why it failed?
16:19 Joubu lari: around?
16:34 Joubu see you tomorrow #koha!
16:39 jseplae_ joined #koha
16:39 cait bye Joubu!
16:40 mveron Michael_:Can you file a bug regarding the 2of5 barcode?
16:42 Michael_ mveron: Did you experience the same problem? If yes then I will definitely file a bug.
16:44 drojf marcelr: i'm at patch 4. "Go to Cataloguing editor. Connect to field 856$u.     In an empty 856$u, click the tag editor. Upload a file and click Choose." but there is no "choose". i get "Sorry, your request had no results." (which i get every time i use, but the files get uploaded) and "new search" or "close". but no "choose"
16:44 mveron Michael_:Yes.
16:44 drojf if i choose "close", the 856 field stays empty
16:48 Michael_ mveron: It's my first bug - since the 2of5 code is avalable but isn't functional ata ll - would you call this critical / major / normal?
16:49 marcelr drojf: first add some categories in the UPLOAD key of auth values
16:49 drojf i did. well, i added one
16:50 marcelr than you can add permanent files and than you will have results in the public section of the table
16:50 drojf i have
16:50 mveron Michael_:[…]orting_Guidelines
16:50 mveron I would say it is a normal one.
16:50 drojf but linking it to a record does not work for me
16:50 marcelr did you also select a category when uploading
16:51 drojf yes
16:51 marcelr and you go via the plugin button?
16:51 drojf yes
16:52 marcelr can you check in your table if you see records with public=1
16:52 drojf i do
16:52 marcelr can you search for them in the plugin?
16:53 drojf no
16:53 marcelr if you clear the 856u field, you should be able to search
16:53 drojf i see the search
16:53 drojf but it does not work
16:53 marcelr type a filename you see in the table with public=1
16:54 drojf neither filename nor hash work
16:54 marcelr it just says: no results?
16:54 drojf Upload                         Sorry, your request had no results.
16:54 marcelr are all patches applied or only until this one?
16:54 drojf and then new search or close as buttons
16:55 drojf all
16:55 marcelr strange
16:55 drojf when i tested the patches before, i always got that message in
16:56 drojf the uploads worked though
16:56 marcelr are they in your upload_path now?
16:56 marcelr within some category subfolder
16:56 drojf even with the one where you upload a duplicate file, i got the message about the duplicate file and the "Sorry, your request had no results."
16:57 drojf yes they aree
16:57 drojf are
16:57 marcelr so not in /tmp
16:57 marcelr ok
16:57 drojf nope
16:57 marcelr well i have tested this over and over, but saw results
16:57 drojf and owned by the koha user
16:58 Michael_ mveron: Done, see[…]_bug.cgi?id=14781
16:58 huginn Bug 14781: normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Creation of barcode types 2of5 not functional
16:58 marcelr i will have another look at this, but do not have time for it now anymore
16:58 marcelr maybe wait for that
16:58 marcelr thx for coming this far though..
16:58 drojf ok. let me know what you find and i will continue
16:59 marcelr from this point i cannot really figure out your problem
16:59 marcelr i will
16:59 marcelr thx
17:00 marcelr have to go; bye all
17:00 mveron Michael_:Thanks. I changed the modul to Label/patron card printing and teh version o master (since it is valid there as well)
17:01 * mveron Has to run...
17:01 mveron Good daytime, #koha
17:02 drojf time to head home then too
17:02 drojf later #koha
17:03 BobB joined #koha
17:04 cait hm i am surprised the order page works (
17:04 cait lots and lots of doubled up ids
17:04 cait and jquery doesn't liek that if you try to select something
17:05 indradg joined #koha
17:07 irma joined #koha
17:07 Michael_ Another question: In the Koha 3.20.03 OPAC a title is searched and found. When changing from Normal view to MARC view some item information can be seen. Unfortuately the order of this information is different with every  search: Sometimes it starts with item type, call number, barcode another time with home branch or something else. It will even change during the same search when going back to Normal view and then returni
17:07 Michael_ order appears. Dies anyone know how to prevent this beahvior?
17:26 schnydszch joined #koha
17:26 wnickc joined #koha
17:27 schnydszch cait
17:27 schnydszch Joubu?
17:27 wahanui i think Joubu is not sure how to fix that correctly
17:28 kidclamp joined #koha
17:28 schnydszch regarding bug 11298
17:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11298 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Renewal due date won't take specified time into account
17:29 schnydszch i'm trying to sign it off and testing in sandbox
17:30 schnydszch when i try to check out the material, i'm getting this: No branchcode argument passed to Koha::Calendar->new at /home/koha/src/C4/ line 3422
17:30 schnydszch I guess, it has something to do with Circ rules? i duno
17:33 jseplae joined #koha
17:36 schnydszch I guess I got the error in some of the materials but with one material I was able to check it out
17:37 hector joined #koha
17:37 schnydszch But it is not about the bug so it's disregarded
17:37 magnuse woohoo - nso below 200!
17:39 cait woohoo :)
17:40 indradg joined #koha
17:42 schnydszch cait, I stand corrected in earlier post
17:43 schnydszch I'm getting the desired output in renewal, I thought it was in checkout. But when I reread the test plan, it was in the renewal. So signoff for bug 11298 :)
17:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11298 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Renewal due date won't take specified time into account
17:44 Kchris joined #koha
17:48 cait up on 200 agan
17:48 cait ah no - page refresh :)
17:48 cait schnydszch: awesome - one more sign-off!
17:48 schnydszch :)
17:49 Michael__ joined #koha
17:49 magnuse schnydszch++
17:49 Michael__ left #koha
17:51 MIchael__ joined #koha
17:51 Michael__ joined #koha
17:53 Michael__ Hm... I seem to be in this chat twice ( Michael_ and Michael__ ) but I cannot login anymore under my original nick ( Michael_ ) - does anyone know why?
17:53 cait left #koha
18:02 xarragon Database design question: When having to store a set of html fragments for a page, what would you do? use one row for each fragment or single row with the fragments packed into JSON structure?
18:03 magnuse xarragon: why store them in the database? are they editable?
18:03 xarragon magnuse: Yes. Could be written to a file after each edit though.
18:04 magnuse one row for each fragment sounds less error prone to me
18:04 xarragon Yeah that is the current solution. And no overhead from JSON deserialization for each page view.
18:06 xarragon I don't really like to have another layer of structure on top of the database. Sort of defeats the purpose of using a database in the first place if you need a whole heap of data massaging functions on top of the dbix::class stuff.
18:07 xarragon But sometimes it is the more pragmatic solution. So I was just asking a bit for how you do things in this project.
18:17 tcohen 'bye
18:19 magnuse have fun tcohen
18:20 magnuse xarragon: good plan :-)
18:21 magnuse xarragon: if there is a set number of fragments, perhaps they could be sysprefs?
18:38 indradg joined #koha
18:43 khall looking for feedback on bug 14783 if anyone is interested
18:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14783 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Allow patrons to change pickup location for non-waiting holds
18:45 cait joined #koha
18:45 * cait waves
18:45 cait ... still GBSD for a few hours :)
18:49 tubaclarinet joined #koha
18:54 * magnuse feels a sudden urge to disturb pianohacker...
18:56 pianohacker_DND magnuse/cait: I'm available for bugs :) going to get stuff out for bug 14510 and bug 11559
18:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14510 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Failed QA , Allow column visibility in to be customized
18:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11559 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, In Discussion , Professional cataloger's interface
18:58 * magnuse cheers pianohacker on
19:00 tcohen joined #koha
19:18 BobB_ joined #koha
19:21 tcohen hi
19:21 magnuse hi again tcohen
19:22 irma joined #koha
19:22 magnuse hiya irma
19:23 tcohen hi irma!
19:24 tcohen should we ship koha-gitify with koha?
19:26 magnuse tcohen: i would say yes
19:28 tcohen magnuse: so far, kohadevbox is great to devel/test Koha functionalities on a packages environment
19:28 tcohen it would be awesome now to be able to test packages-related stuff too!
19:28 tcohen so the koha-* scripts are linked to the git clone too
19:30 magnuse coolio
19:34 BobB joined #koha
19:39 irma joined #koha
19:42 magnuse hiya irma
19:45 meliss joined #koha
19:45 Kchris In the kohana conference resources, there were some virtualboxes, including a ubuntu 14.04 koha. When I run the virtualbox, I am prompted for a koha login. How do I get the login and password? It looks like I need to get the password from the koha-conf.xml file, but I don't know where to look for this in Virtualbox
19:48 tcohen Kchris: /etc/koha/sites/kohadev/koha-conf.xml
19:48 cdickinson joined #koha
19:48 tcohen (maybe?)
19:51 Kchris tcohen: I realize that's the folder location. I guess I just don't see how in virtualbox I can get to a shell where I can open that file. I am new to Virtualboxes.
19:51 andreashm joined #koha
19:53 tcohen so you are presented a Ubuntu Unity environment?
19:53 tcohen I usually hit Ctrl+Alt+t
19:53 tcohen to get a terminal
19:57 andreashm hi all
19:58 * cait waves
19:58 * andreashm waves back
19:58 Kchris Not sure what the Ubuntu Unity environment looks like. Ctrl+T resets the machine, but returns a koha login prompt.
19:59 andreashm any super-easy bugs left for the taking? (I would asume not, by now)
20:00 pianohacker_DND andreashm: bug 11559?
20:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11559 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, In Discussion , Professional cataloger's interface
20:00 cait heh
20:00 cait andreashm: let me take a look
20:01 cait how are you testing?
20:01 cait gitinstallatoin?
20:01 andreashm pianohacker: ouch
20:01 pianohacker_DND :)
20:01 andreashm ah, having trouble getting my kohadevbox to start anyways. nevermind....
20:01 cait maybe 14562?
20:02 cait bug 14562
20:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14562 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Patron with empty card number will be only result returned by patron datatables search
20:02 pianohacker_DND ah, yeah, that'd be excellent!
20:03 cait bug 14562
20:03 cait bug 11298
20:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11298 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Renewal due date won't take specified time into account
20:03 Michael__ Does anyone know how to split a callnumber like "Eyk GOT" using the label creator so it will appear with "Eyk" on the first line and "GOT" on the second line?
20:05 pianohacker_DND cait (or anyone else): since rancor can't add/edit items using 952 tags, what do you think is the best way to deal with that? Simply prevent the saving of records with 952 tags?
20:05 pianohacker_DND (using the framework, not hardcoding 952 of course)
20:05 cait ;)
20:06 cait can you show an error?
20:06 cait like... items can currently not be added 992 will be removed or so?
20:06 cait 952
20:06 pianohacker_DND I'd say so. A big popup, or just an error next to the tags (like the non-repeatable/mandatory subfield errors)?
20:07 edveal joined #koha
20:07 cait hm not sure how the error next to would look like
20:08 magnuse running ut of steam - have fun #koha!
20:09 pianohacker_DND cait: try going to the sandbox and saving without doing anything
20:09 cait running out of steam a bit too - let me have a cup of tea first
20:09 pianohacker_DND or you could drink a steaming cup of rancor! :D
20:12 cait no?
20:12 wahanui[…]33/collapsing.gif
20:16 wnickc pianohacker_DND: Making any change to record (had to add 003) but not touching items still zapped all items on save
20:18 pianohacker_DND well _that's_ bad
20:20 pianohacker_DND and confusing :/
20:20 wnickc hmm...happens when I import using te search
20:21 wnickc If I go through catalog search and edit an existing record it doesn't load the tiems
20:21 wnickc and doesn't zap on save
20:21 pianohacker_DND wnickc: oh, so if you search local catalog?
20:21 rangi morning
20:21 pianohacker_DND (from within rancor?)
20:21 wnickc exactly
20:21 pianohacker_DND ahhhhh
20:21 pianohacker_DND well don't do that, jeez! :)
20:22 rangi tsk tsk
20:22 rangi only to 199, .. cmon you northern hemispherers
20:22 rangi :)
20:23 pianohacker_DND rangi: there's a very interesting patch from Joubu related to yesterday's discussion on[…]_bug.cgi?id=14778
20:23 huginn Bug 14778: normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Get rid of DBIx::Connector
20:23 rangi ahh cool
20:23 rangi ill take a look when i get a chance
20:24 pianohacker_DND rangi: the one thing I'm not certain about is what it does RE: pinging/reconnecting
20:24 rangi *nod*
20:25 pianohacker_DND also, y'know, hi, good morning and stuff
20:26 rangi I think because its based on DBIx::Class
20:26 rangi it handles that for us
20:26 * rangi wanders down through the layer of modules
20:27 rangi so we use Koha::Database which is based on Koha::Schema which is based on DBIx::Class::Schema
20:27 cait why not? :P
20:27 cait oh... scrolling broken again
20:27 cait ignore that
20:27 cait that was a comment for some way above the last lines...
20:28 rangi which is based on DBIx::Class
20:30 cait gbsd?
20:30 wahanui somebody said gbsd was[…]bug_squashing_day
20:30 rangi which uses DBIx::Class:Storage
20:30 cait hm still 12 hours of gbsd!
20:30 cait ending in honolulu
20:30 pianohacker_DND do we have anyone west of PST?
20:31 rangi yeah, ill have to try to track down exactly waht it is doing some other time
20:31 rangi but a client ,and i think cdickinson both bumped into the loosing a db connection yesterday
20:31 rangi so its on my priority list
20:33 cdickinson rangi: once I make sure the configuration is fine, if there is still a problem, I'll make sure to come to you
20:33 rangi cool
20:34 nengard left #koha
20:35 pianohacker_DND wnickc: still around?
20:35 wnickc mostly
20:36 wnickc what you need pianohacker_DND?
20:36 pianohacker_DND wnickc: I saw your comment about overwrite mode
20:36 wnickc ah, yes
20:36 pianohacker_DND that's a valid problem, I've run into that exact thing while testing
20:37 wnickc and it's a super easy fix?
20:38 pianohacker_DND wnickc: well, I was about to say that I had no idea how to fix it
20:38 wnickc hah
20:38 pianohacker_DND but I think I could fix it by only switching to overwrite mode when you first move into the tag number/indicator section
20:39 pianohacker_DND is that reasonable? And do you like, in general, the automatic overwrite mode?
20:40 wnickc Like is hard to say, could adapt to yes, but doesn't feel intuitive
20:40 wnickc Once I played enough I just learned how I was uspposed to use it
20:40 wnickc And then it works well
20:41 pianohacker_DND hm, okay.
20:41 wnickc sorry
20:41 pianohacker_DND setting down the line, maybe?
20:41 pianohacker_DND I know every cataloger has a different workflow
20:41 wnickc yeah
20:42 wnickc it's definitely workable, and I don't think it's bad, just wasn't my instinct
20:42 wnickc change is scary
20:42 wahanui wnickc: that doesn't look right
20:42 wnickc wahanui: phblt!
20:42 wahanui wnickc: what?
20:43 pianohacker_DND silly bot
20:44 pianohacker_DND wnickc: what do you use for most of your day-to-day cataloging?
20:44 wnickc also, incredible work overall, rancor makes me happy
20:44 wnickc copy cataloging and minor edits I use Koha
20:45 wnickc big jobs I pull into marcedit and push into koha
20:45 pianohacker_DND wnickc: glad to hear! :)
20:46 wnickc that integration changed my life
20:46 pianohacker_DND there's definitely a marcedit camp and connexion camp that are pulling rancor in slightly different directions
20:46 wnickc that make
20:46 wnickc s sense
20:46 wnickc that's why I hesitate on my comments about how it should work
20:47 pianohacker_DND wnickc: Well, that certainly hasn't stopped anyone else ;)
20:48 pianohacker_DND and I do value input, I'm a programmer with reasonable familiarity with cataloging but I'm not a cataloger by any means
20:49 wnickc I am a acataloger by trade, but I only follow the rules I like.  I will blatantly disregard standards in favor of patron readability
20:49 pianohacker_DND for instance, one change that I'm thinking of making down the line is getting rid of the whole $a<space> system for subfield delimiters and just using the double cross thing with alt-d as a shortcut
20:49 wnickc I like that
20:50 pianohacker_DND it removes a lot of problems
20:53 wnickc And i do think any of my comments past the item zapping shouldn't be blockers, it's going to take a lot of users and a lot of feedback
20:53 wnickc getting it in will only make it better
20:53 pianohacker_DND absolutely, yeah. But I do need to fix the items bug
20:53 pianohacker_DND Glad I caught you, I had no idea why that was happening
20:53 cait yep
20:53 cait fix the item zapping
20:53 cait not destroying any data is absolutely a must :)
21:05 rangi 198
21:05 cait thx rangi :)
21:05 cait owrking on qa'ing one now
21:06 pianohacker_DND wnickc: oh, and two other things: a) fun fact, letters are valid in tag numbers (which terrifies me, don't worry) and b) does shift-enter seem like a reasonable way saying "don't create a new field, just put in a newline"?
21:07 jcamins pianohacker_DND: anyone who puts in a new line should be ashamed of themselves.
21:08 jcamins FYI
21:08 * cait agrees
21:08 * jcamins gives pianohacker_DND the librarian glare.
21:08 cait no new lines
21:08 wnickc a)I mean, I guess there are only so many three digit numbers
21:08 cait 999? :)
21:09 jcamins cait: 1000, actually. Don't forget 000
21:09 cait yep true :)
21:09 cait i noticed after i typed it... and hoped noone else would
21:10 pianohacker_DND jcamins/cait: Enter in Rancor is mapped to "create empty field on next line", so Shift-Enter is useful as a way of undoing an accidental Delete :)
21:10 pianohacker_DND besides, a marc record is really just text, right?
21:10 pianohacker_DND shouldn't it be hard wrapped?
21:11 wnickc b) that seems feasible
21:11 * wnickc had to remember what he had complained about
21:13 wnickc I would also support not being able to pull up the next line with a delete
21:22 indradg joined #koha
21:25 jcamins pianohacker_DND: an accidental delete?
21:25 jcamins Do you mean if you accidentally remove the newline between two fields?
21:25 pianohacker_DND jcamins: yes
21:25 pianohacker_DND (the hard wrapping thing was an attempt at a joke)
21:26 jcamins Shouldn't enter work in that case without needing a special shift-enter?
21:28 wnickc jcamins:enter creates a new field currently, wherever the cursor is located
21:29 jcamins wnickc: oh, I get it. It doesn't create a new field at the cursor, it just creates a new field. That makes sense, then.
21:29 pianohacker_DND jcamins: yeah
21:30 jcamins But my rule stands: ABSOLUTELY NO HARD NEW LINES IN FIELD DATA.
21:30 pianohacker_DND jcamins: my poor joke aside, is that actually a thing that happens?
21:31 pianohacker_DND it's theoretically impossible in rancor, the two parts of the tag would be on separate lines and therefore would be separate tags
21:31 jcamins pianohacker_DND: yes, but only in poorly implemented horrors.
21:32 pianohacker_DND *shiver*
21:32 gmcharlt ... which have not all been expelled from the word yet
21:33 pianohacker_DND I have no idea how I would handle that. {newline}?
21:33 jcamins pianohacker_DND: how about not allowing it?
21:34 pianohacker_DND jcamins: you can't enter it, certainly
21:34 pianohacker_DND I mean, that would be insane
21:34 pianohacker_DND but what about displaying existing records that contain them?
21:34 pianohacker_DND is "rancor is broken because you're bad and should feel bad" a reasonable response?
21:35 jcamins How about you just dispatch a commando team to take away the cataloger's MARC license?
21:36 pianohacker assuming it's their fault
21:36 wizzyrea those people should use the existing interface.
21:36 jcamins pianohacker: that's why your commando team needs a psychiatrist. Just in case it isn't their fault.
21:38 pianohacker that deserves a @quote .
21:39 cait heh
21:40 kathryn joined #koha
21:44 cait morning kathryn :)
21:45 rangi
21:45 kathryn evening cait :)
21:45 rangi it's the 90s cos we got the bugs into the 190s
21:46 cait if this is a time machine i want to go to the 80ies next
21:46 pianohacker way back to the 80s?
21:46 pianohacker That was so long ago, though!
21:47 cait becasue... bug numbers ... moving them down
21:47 cait i wouldn't mind the 20ies either
21:49 pianohacker wnickc: are the items actually deleted from the record, or do they just disappear from the screen?
21:49 pianohacker the latter would make sense
21:53 rangi cait: can you recognise all the songs?
21:57 wnickc deleted as far as I know, if you go to record view they are not there
21:57 wnickc pianohacker:^^ (details view)
21:58 pianohacker hrm. Okay.
21:58 bag 0 isn’t a number
22:00 rangi bag: my brother in law has got us tickets to see the pirates on the 28th
22:01 bag excellent man!!!  should be good time too - pirates are in a divison race maybe they’ll still be close at that time
22:01 bag they are running away with the wildcard
22:01 rangi cool
22:01 bag best stadium in the us btw
22:01 rangi yeah thats waht ive heard
22:02 bag always rated the highest
22:04 wizzyrea @quote add jcamins: How about you just dispatch a commando team to take away the cataloger's MARC license? Pianohacker assuming it's their fault.  jcamins: that's why your commando team needs a psychiatrist. Just in case it isn't their fault.
22:04 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #317 added.
22:04 wizzyrea hm.
22:04 wizzyrea @quote delete 317
22:04 huginn wizzyrea: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
22:04 wizzyrea @quote remove 317
22:04 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.
22:05 wizzyrea @quote add jcamins: How about you just dispatch a commando team to take away the cataloger's MARC license? Pianohacker: assuming it's their fault.  jcamins: that's why your commando team needs a psychiatrist. Just in case it isn't their fault.
22:05 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #318 added.
22:05 wizzyrea there we go.
22:05 jcamins :)
22:05 wnickc one sign off, just as toddler bnursts in
22:05 wizzyrea I hate it when toddlers bnurst in.
22:05 rangi bag: the only thing im not looking forward to is iron city lager
22:05 wnickc heh
22:10 pianohacker wizzyrea: but wait, there's 1 space after the first sentence and 2 spaces after the second! :)
22:13 wizzyrea hrmph.,
22:16 sophie_m joined #koha
22:35 burdsjm joined #koha
22:45 JoshB joined #koha
23:23 BobB joined #koha
23:30 irma joined #koha
23:30 BobB_ joined #koha
23:46 BobB joined #koha
23:49 irma joined #koha
23:51 BobB_ joined #koha
23:55 cait left #koha
23:56 dcook joined #koha
23:59 wizzyrea tis very quiet
23:59 dcook hola hombres

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary