IRC log for #koha, 2015-05-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:13 rocio left #koha
00:18 dcook Boo Koha. Why you timing out on me trying to update..
00:18 wizzyrea maybe do it from the command line?
00:18 dcook Good call. I always forget that a person can do that.
00:19 dcook Hmm...
00:19 eythian the update process ought to be ajaxy where possible, to stop the timeout stuff.
00:19 eythian also you can show realtime progress
00:19 dcook PDF::FromHTML is marked as not required, but it definitely is throwing a fatal error..
00:19 eythian yep.
00:19 eythian bug 8007
00:19 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8007 new feature, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Pushed to Master , Discharge management
00:20 dcook :S
00:21 dcook That's...
00:22 dcook Why is Koha::Borrower::Discharge being loaded on the :S
00:23 dcook Ahh, I see. That's...
00:24 rangi yeah im not a fan of the discharge work
00:24 dcook Can't say I am either :/
00:24 dcook I remember seeing the emails, but I didn't know it was so pervasive :S
00:26 dcook I mean... no one outside of France would ever use this, yeah?
00:26 rangi yeah, i find it unlikely
00:26 dcook Seems like a lot of dependencies and integration for something many people will never use..
00:26 rangi probably would have been better as a plugin
00:26 dcook I was just thinking that
00:33 dcook Ahh, turns out it doesn't need python. That's cool. I didn't realize that.
00:45 dcook Whew, at least master is fixed for that html issue I was having before..
00:45 * dcook loves when that happens :)
00:56 JoshB joined #koha
01:02 dcook Huh... I didn't know that POE was a required dependency in Koha
01:02 dcook Hmm... maybe I'll use it sometime...
01:03 dcook bug 11757
01:03 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11757 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Stable , dependency on POE is not longer necessary
01:03 dcook Maybe not :p
01:05 dcook I was actually thinking it might be handy for the OAI Harvester...
01:30 mtj_ hey peepz
01:31 mtj_ eythian: i'll aim to pull those jessie patches today
01:33 mtj_ ..thanks for the heads-up :0)
01:34 papa joined #koha
02:12 papa joined #koha
02:14 * dcook is intrigued by how much Australia and New Zealand seem to compete over the origins of pavlova and lamingtons.
02:14 * dcook just had his first real pavlova last week
02:14 dcook Well, real "Australian" pavlova perhaps. Still haven't been to New Zealand..
02:16 eythian just don't mention phar lap, dcook.
02:18 dcook O_O
02:18 eythian I do not understand the need for PDF::Writer at all.
02:18 eythian it's just a wrapper for other APIs
02:18 ibeardslee dcook: I assume that because we put kiwifruit on the pavola in NZ, the aussies put kangaroo 'fruits'?
02:18 eythian but we're able to choose what APIs we get to use.
02:18 eythian ibeardslee: they're called desert oysters.
02:18 dcook ibeardlee: hehe
02:19 ibeardslee and ignore my spelling
02:19 ibeardslee eythian: heh
02:19 dcook My word sense is awful today, so I'm surprised that I'm even coherent at the moment
02:20 ibeardslee .. really? was that supposed to make sense?
02:20 ibeardslee ;)
02:20 dcook :P
02:20 dcook eythian: that does look weird :/
02:21 dcook And... it just uses PDF::API2 anyway, I assume?
02:22 eythian yeah
02:22 dcook I suppose I can't really fault folks for PDF::FromHTML itself though...
02:22 eythian oh
02:22 dcook I think I was a bit too impatient to use PDF::API2 directly, so I ended up using a PHP HTML to PDF type thing for a project
02:22 eythian I suppose that PDF::FromHTML is what really needs it
02:23 dcook Yeah, did you see my comment?
02:23 eythian no
02:23 dcook PDF::FromHTML pulls in PDF::Writer, the graphics module, Image::Size, and maybe something else?
02:23 dcook Don't know why Tomas included HTML::Tidy as a dependency... as I haven't seen it and it isn't a dependency for PDF::FromHTML?
02:23 dcook Unless we already have it installed... then maybe it is...
02:24 * dcook should check before he talks
02:24 eythian dcook: I don't really care, I can totally ignore that one and let stuff work itself out.
02:24 dcook Yeah, I guess we already had it installed..
02:24 dcook Yeah?
02:24 dcook Didn't know that. Awesome :)
02:24 eythian well, the dependency list is autogenerated based on the PerlDependencies file
02:25 dcook Actually, I commented about that too
02:25 eythian so if I regenerate it, and dependencies aren't listed there, that's not my problem.
02:25 dcook At the moment, PDF::FromHTML is marked as not required, although it's totes required
02:25 eythian I make a bug and let whoever did it wrong in the first place sort it out.
02:25 eythian yeah
02:25 eythian that a bug.
02:26 dcook That was my thought. Wasn't sure if I should post a follow-up or let the original author do it
02:26 eythian up to you
02:27 dcook Whelp, I commented. If someone else doesn't do it in the next few days, then I'll do one
02:27 eythian yeah
02:27 dcook Too many things to work on at the moment :(
02:28 dcook Looks like some folks might want to sponsor the OAI harvester, so that might be nice
02:28 dcook I think it's actually almost completely functional.
02:28 eythian they need to be careful with that, my dependencies generator script will ignore things that aren't marked as required if it can't find a package for them.
02:28 eythian cool
02:28 dcook Not bad for having had zero support so far :)
02:29 dcook eythian: Yeah, I was wondering about that
02:44 eythian the author of one of these modules is 唐鳳. Let's see how well debian's systems handles unicode.
02:44 eythian (fairly well, would be my expectation tbh)
02:48 dcook Actually, I was parsing some data I have about my musical tastes...
02:48 dcook And somehow the Japanese characters were output nicer than the latin ones with accents
02:49 dcook As in, the Japanese characters were output correctly, while the French was replaced with blurred characters
02:49 eythian that means that your font doesn't have the accents, so it goes and finds one that does that's close.
02:49 eythian and that can end up looking weird
02:50 dcook Yeah, that was my thought
02:50 dcook As it was trying to force it into iso-whatever
02:50 dcook I assume it gave up on the Japanese and just said "Fine, I'll output utf8"?
02:50 dcook I think I used binmode to force it to output utf8 in the end and all was well in any case
02:51 eythian well, it would have had to look further to find a japanese supporting font, I guess
02:51 eythian and it just happened that was a nice looking one
02:52 dcook Hmm, interesting
02:52 wahanui interesting is probably sometimes good and sometimes bad
02:52 dcook Exactly, wahanui. Exactly.
03:07 eythian OK, one package sent to debian for review.
03:08 dcook \o/
03:08 eythian oh
03:08 eythian I missed things
03:08 eythian I always miss something
03:10 eythian in this case, committing my changes before sending it to upstream...
03:10 dcook I feel like this is the moment to heckle
03:10 dcook But I don't want to heckle
03:10 dcook :p
03:35 wizzyrea no, eythian is not deserving of heckles
03:37 eythian
03:37 dcook wizzyrea: Exactly
03:38 dcook eythian: hehe
03:38 eythian (unrelated, just the song that came on my playlist that I quite like :)
03:38 dcook :P
03:39 dcook I don't think I've ever actually listened to Anathema
03:39 dcook Always meant to... or always thought that I had?
03:39 * dcook thinks that he knows someone who is going to see them soon or recently has seen them...
03:40 eythian oh yeah?
03:40 eythian where?
03:40 dcook Either in Canada, America, or Australia? :p
03:40 * dcook needs to keep track of his contacts better
03:40 dcook or New Zealand, if you saw/are seeing them :p
03:40 eythian not me
03:41 dcook Hmm
03:41 eythian I'd totally go if they came here
03:41 dcook Oh!
03:41 dcook I know now
03:41 dcook They're going to be in Sydney in October
03:41 dcook A friend from Canberra is coming for the show
03:41 dcook Apparently they'll be in Christchurch
03:41 dcook 23 Oct
03:41 dcook Auckland Oct 24
03:41 eythian yeah
03:42 dcook Oct is soon, yeah?
03:42 dcook :p
03:42 eythian heh
03:42 eythian they're not coming to Wellington annoyingly
03:43 eythian I wonder if I should consider going to Akl or to Syd...
03:43 eythian hell, or Melbourne, but it's been longer since I've been in Syd.
03:44 dcook Woo. Come to Syd!
03:46 dcook I actually have a few friends from Canada who are going to be in New Zealand around then. I'd almost thought of going over to NZ to grab beers with them
03:46 dcook Oh, if you have Wellington beer/bar recommendations I'd love to hear them
03:46 dcook Sean loooves his beer
03:46 dcook And I'll file them for my own reference :p
03:46 eythian dcook: haha
03:47 eythian do I have beer recommendations.
03:47 eythian you fool.
03:48 dcook hehe
03:48 dcook I knew you would, but the Canadian in me had to say "if"
03:48 dcook It's like we have to downplay everything out of politeness or something
03:48 dcook Actually, I'm starting to think maybe it's a Canadian prairie thing than just a Canadian thing
03:49 dcook I think Canadians from the prairies are some of the nicest people around
03:49 dcook You know... when they're not trying to fight your hockey team
03:50 dcook That's actually a pretty catchy song
03:50 dcook I think I might play it again...
03:57 eythian there's a link for the whole concert below
03:57 eythian if that's OK quality, go for htat.
04:01 wizzyrea generally speaking, prairie people are pretty nice, I've found. When they're not trying to shoot your face off with their concealed weapon. Maybe that's just Kansans.
04:04 eythian dozens of lintian errors from PDF::FromHTML :(
04:07 eythian mostly POD errors though
04:07 eythian but that's still annoying
04:11 dcook That sucks :(
04:11 dcook wizzyrea: Yeah, there are heaps of negative things I could say about back home as well. I suppose I have rose tinted glasses sometimes
04:11 dcook Not too many concealed weapons though. If someone is shooting at you, it's probably with a rifle from the back of a truck
04:12 dcook Which really only happened once outside my hometown as far as I know
04:12 wizzyrea this seems like an essential difference :P
04:12 dcook hehe
04:12 wizzyrea mind you, things are different there now even from when I was there
04:12 wizzyrea worse.
04:12 dcook I'd actually like to see Saskatchewan now. I always got the impression that things were getting better
04:13 dcook Well, socially
04:13 dcook Economically, things were just weird
04:13 dcook Well, unreasonably expensive and weird
04:13 * dcook went to uni at the right time
04:14 aleisha joined #koha
04:21 dcook Oh snap
04:21 dcook That moment when you notice all those Youtube playlists from years ago that you had forgotten about
04:23 dcook Keep thinking I need to resurrect my previous plans to build an app to manage my music metadata...
04:24 magnuse joined #koha
04:24 dcook yo magnuse
04:24 dcook also yo aleisha :)
04:24 aleisha heya dcook
04:26 * magnuse waves
04:31 wizzyrea oh what was that thing I learned about the other day that was supposed to be god's gift to file deduplicating...
04:32 eythian <-- the errors from this stupid PDF::FromHTML package
04:33 wizzyrea drat I can't find it
04:34 mtompset joined #koha
04:35 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
04:35 dcook Yay for old youtube playlists!
04:35 dcook I've been looking for this song for soooo long!
04:35 dcook And keyword search has so not helped at all
04:37 dcook Also, yo mtompset
04:37 dcook wizzyrea: That sounds interesting
04:37 mtompset What song?
04:37 wahanui song is somewhat infectious.  The video is a lot of vintage baseball footage, a baseball trivia geek's dream come true.
04:38 mtompset Greetings, dcook.
04:39 dcook Faith by Ronley Teper
04:39 dcook It's been an earworm for years now
04:41 wizzyrea[…]94719192852467712 this one dcook
04:42 wizzyrea vaguely related to your metadata issue
04:43 dcook Interesting!
04:43 wahanui i heard interesting was sometimes good and sometimes bad
04:46 mtompset Question. Has anyone actually implement something like what is described in bug 10105?
04:46 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10105 new feature, P5 - low, ---, indradg, ASSIGNED , Gate register module
04:49 dcook Not really the kind of thing our libraries do
04:50 mtompset I figure it is like a gym thing, tap to go in, maybe tap (or not) to go out.
04:50 wizzyrea you could ask Indra
04:51 mtompset I have. Awaiting a reply. :)
04:52 mtompset I was also trying to play with the EDS koha plugin.
04:52 mtompset Can't see to get the run tool to run.
04:53 mtompset I'm thinking I need some apache configuration.
04:54 dcook I think the EDS plugin has a few extra bits, yeah
04:54 dcook I think you need to override your C4::Auth as well to get it to work
04:54 dcook overwrite*
04:55 mtompset And I think it might be 3.16 limited.
04:57 dcook Probably
04:57 dcook I think there have been a few versions released over the years
04:57 dcook I think the first was for 3.12
05:08 mario joined #koha
05:24 eythian .\" Accent mark definitions (@(#)ms.acc 1.5 88/02/08 SMI; from UCB 4.2).
05:24 eythian .\" Fear.  Run.  Save yourself.  No user-serviceable parts.
05:29 mtompset You have got to be kidding me... LWP::Simple's get() doesn't do https?!
05:30 eythian https is rarely considered simple
05:34 mtompset fine, fine... but the EDS plugin busts, because the run tool won't run the https URLs.
05:35 eythian perhaps there's something else that needs to be installed for it
05:35 eythian that rings a bell actually
05:36 mtompset I've got LWP::Protocol::HTTPS installed.
05:38 mtompset Well, it's late. I'm going to give up.
05:39 eythian package or cpan?
05:39 mtompset A plugin shouldn't require this much effort to get working.
05:39 mtompset package.
05:39 wahanui package is, like, 'perldoc'
05:39 eythian[…]otocol-https-perl <-- do you have this too?
05:39 mtompset and the cpan version isn't newer.
05:39 eythian err
05:39 eythian this:libcrypt-ssleay-perl
05:40 eythian although, it oughtn't be necessary, but who know
05:40 eythian s
05:40 mtompset yes.
05:41 eythian dunno then. We're using the plugin in prod successfully, I can't remember doing any magic to make it work, but maybe there was some.
05:43 mtompset perhaps you have an earlier version of the plug in.
05:43 mtompset They only added the https stuff in the recent version, I think.
05:43 eythian ah, may be.
05:48 mtompset I don't like having to un-https it to get it to work.
05:48 mtompset Anyways... sleep.
05:48 mtompset Have a great day, #koha eythian.
05:50 dcook I kind of want to do something with web sockets now...
05:51 eythian fix the update screen so it won't timeout
05:51 dcook hehe
05:51 dcook Well, in this case I'd be using Catalyst, which I think already has code for web sockets
05:51 eythian ah
05:51 eythian time to go
05:51 eythian later
05:51 dcook laters
05:59 cait joined #koha
06:00 magnuse kia ora cait
06:08 laurence joined #koha
06:09 cait morning magnuse
06:11 p_vdk joined #koha
06:14 chris_n joined #koha
06:18 indradg joined #koha
06:30 p_vdk joined #koha
06:32 reiveune joined #koha
06:33 reiveune hello
06:33 wahanui kia ora, reiveune
06:36 magnuse @wunder boo
06:36 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 8.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on May 05, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 57%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Steady).
06:36 magnuse ooh
06:36 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:36 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 18.0°C (8:30 AM CEST on May 05, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Steady).
06:36 magnuse yeah yeah ;-)
06:41 magnuse woohoo for bug 12412
06:41 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12412 new feature, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Add ability for plugins to convert arbitrary files to MARC from record staging tool
06:42 * magnuse has not been keeping up with the commits on master...
06:48 dcook Oh, that sounds neat!
06:50 * magnuse shudders at the idea of "convert[ing] arbitrary files to MARC", but it is rather neat :-)
06:51 magnuse as long as marc is the only internal format we have
06:58 fridolin joined #koha
06:58 fridolin hie
06:59 alex_a joined #koha
07:04 alex_a bonjour
07:04 wahanui salut, alex_a
07:09 Jul joined #koha
07:12 Viktor joined #koha
07:15 sophie_m joined #koha
07:20 wicope joined #koha
07:21 cdickinson joined #koha
07:26 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:27 gaetan_B hello
07:27 wahanui hi, gaetan_B
07:37 cait joined #koha
07:37 cait morning #koha
07:50 magnuse @seen atheia
07:50 huginn` magnuse: atheia was last seen in #koha 3 weeks, 3 days, 21 hours, 26 minutes, and 43 seconds ago: <atheia> sounds good :-)
07:52 ashimema joined #koha
07:55 fridolin Bug 14132 is ready to SO if someone is looking for a performance bug
07:55 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14132 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Needs Signoff , suggestions table is missing indexes
08:43 Viktor Hi all of #koha and particularly @magnuse and @cait who never got a real greeting back yesterday :)
08:44 cait hi Viktor :)
08:44 andreashm joined #koha
08:44 cait and hi ashimema :)
08:44 * andreashm waves
08:44 cait hi andreashm :)
08:44 Viktor On the Hi @andreashm
08:45 andreashm Hi cait! See, I can drop by during the daytime from time to time! =)
08:45 andreashm hej Viktor!
08:45 Viktor andreashm Good to see you've also taken up the habit of keeping IRC active :)
08:45 andreashm viktor: skickade just ett mail till dig.
08:46 andreashm Viktor: I'm trying at least. Hard to manage between everything else. =)
08:46 cait Viktor: the strings are not final yet- not sure when we enter complete string freeze hm
08:46 cait andreashm: I see :) how is it going?
08:47 Viktor cait: The main problem is if the window between string freeze and release is long enough to do all the translation then or if I should just get them going right away
08:47 cait hm not sure really
08:47 andreashm Cait: Lots of things to juggle at the same time, trying to make sure things go smoothly while I stay at home with the newborn
08:48 cait oh1
08:48 cait !
08:48 andreashm (Not born yet, but it'ls looming close now)
08:48 cait congratulations :)
08:48 cait oh
08:48 andreashm it's
08:49 Viktor andreashm: It's an exiting time and must be allowed to be prio 1 :) But I guess you have a full schedule keeping the migration and everyting lined up while you're away :)
08:51 * magnuse wishes andreashm the best of luck :-)
08:51 magnuse Viktor: you probably do not want to upgrade before 3.20.1 anyway
08:52 magnuse so in reality the window is bugger than from string freeze to just before release
08:53 Viktor magnuse: Very true :)
08:53 andreashm Viktor: Yup, kind of like that.
08:53 cait yeah that makes sense
08:53 cait you could aim form the later release
08:54 andreashm Viktor trying to get some late development into 3.20?
08:54 cait maybe get them started on the big one with a small update for 3.20.1
08:54 Viktor magnuse: We just always sort of forget to translate in time and get it up at .03 or so and I'd like to see a new release 100% sv-se at release ;) For the heck of it :)
08:55 Viktor cait: Might be a good strategy of course. Will probably do that.
08:55 magnuse Viktor: good plan :-)
08:55 magnuse and cait's plan is even better :-)
08:56 Viktor andreashm: No not really. Things will get in when they do :)
08:57 andreashm haha
08:58 magnuse huh, what did i do to install tidyp to get PDF::FromHTML to install?
09:00 cait cpan -f
09:02 magnuse does that work? i think the problem is a missing low level library
09:03 cait worked for me - but haven't tested the feature yet
09:03 cait i am not sure what we will do there, robin did investigate last night it seems but it does't read good
09:04 Viktor There will be some sort of official communication about this later, but give xarragon or eskaaren a warm welcome if you see them around. They are two of the three developers we've hired :)
09:05 cait aah nice
09:05 cait i have seen them both already
09:05 cait but didn't make the connection :)
09:05 Viktor The third starts for real in late august and I'm not shure if theres a registered nick for Martin S yet :)
09:05 cait 3 devs - that's a lot
09:05 cait what are you planning? :)
09:06 Viktor cait: Yep :) I will have my hands full just getting them things to work on :)
09:06 Viktor (But it's 2 full time equivalents - 20%, 100% and 80%)
09:06 cait if you run out... I can help )
09:06 andreashm haha
09:07 chris_n joined #koha
09:08 magnuse Viktor: there are 2000+ bugs waiting for them in bugzilla ;-)
09:08 Viktor cait: That would actually be appreciated :)
09:08 magnuse Viktor++ for making things happen
09:09 andreashm Viktor++
09:09 Viktor cait magnuse: First off is actually to focus on testing patches for a while.
09:09 Viktor magnuse :)
09:09 Viktor Then we have things lined up that we 1) need 2) want
09:09 magnuse that is an excellent start
09:10 magnuse and there are ~160 nso to dig into
09:10 magnuse fill up cait's queue ;-)
09:10 Viktor There are some things like sweden -specifik API-calls that we need to integrate in order to make Koha-adaptation speed up over here.
09:11 cait not onyl 'my' queue thankfully
09:11 cait but i wish there was more time :(
09:12 cait i'd really like if someone could give the final tax patches another look
09:12 Viktor But also sort of general things like tracking down ways that info of user behaviour might leak through external services, genereal workflow improvements etc.
09:12 cait especially someone with acq data
09:12 cait Joubu fixed soem update issues i found, but i don't have a lot of test data
09:12 drojf joined #koha
09:12 cait hey drojf :)
09:13 drojf morning #koha
09:13 drojf hi cait :)
09:13 Viktor Then I'm thinking that we'd like do to more with the opac side in order to improve the offer for public libraries. Getting a smoother Koha as CMS-workflow for example.
09:13 magnuse yay
09:14 cait :)
09:14 Viktor cait: Tax patches migh be a bit over our head right now :/ We are still getting the hang of things with trivial patches and I have no experience with using ACQ.
09:14 cait ah, was worth trying :)
09:14 drojf meeting with role election thingy is tomorrow, right?
09:15 cait oh
09:15 cait is there a wiki page yet?
09:15 drojf i have not seen a reminder :)
09:15 drojf[…]eeting_6_May_2015
09:15 * cait volunteers drojf
09:15 drojf heh
09:15 drojf ok i can do it after the 3.18.6 mail to the german list
09:15 cait just to show Viktor how easy i can find things to do ;)
09:15 drojf (i hope we are done with revisions?)
09:16 cait i hope so too
09:17 Viktor :)
09:17 xarragon Viktor: Thanks for the announcement.
09:17 * cait waves
09:17 magnuse btw, what i did was: sudo apt-get install gcc; sudo cpanm Alien::Tidyp; sudo cpanm HTML::Tidy; sudo cpanm PDF::FromHTML
09:18 * magnuse waves to xarragon
09:18 magnuse ...from Bodø, Norway
09:18 Viktor xarragon It's a pleasure to have you on the team!
09:18 * xarragon waves back
09:20 andreashm_away off to lunch. bbl.
09:20 magnuse hm. on current master i am seeing something similar to Bug 12883
09:20 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12883 major, P5 - low, ---, gmc, Pushed to Stable , Holds tab on checkout screen never stops processing
09:21 magnuse when i click on the holds tab it just shows "Processing..." forever
09:21 xarragon magnuse: I see you're also using CPANMinus. Love that tool myself, but for my Koha I have so far managed to use mostly debian jessie packages. What is the motivation for CPAN stuff?
09:21 magnuse the general rule is to always install from debian packages
09:22 cait xarragon: there is one new dependency we still have to package
09:22 cait or maybe 2
09:22 magnuse but PDF::FromHTML is a new dep that is not packaged for debian yet
09:22 cait we are trying to get that solved until release
09:22 xarragon Ah, the PDF stuff (which just broehd after my pull request yesterday)?
09:23 xarragon I'll scroll back and look for details. Thanks for the warning/heads-up.
09:27 magnuse ah, it was a data problem
09:28 xarragon There is already a wish request for a debian package for that CPAN module (pdf::fromhtml), filed 4th of May 2015. Nice.
09:29 cait i thik that might have been robin last night
09:29 cait robin = eythian
09:29 cait xarragon: can you share a link?
09:33 codavid joined #koha
09:34 codavid left #koha
09:36 * magnuse does a happydance, then wanders off for lunch
09:36 xarragon cait: Sure. But it was just from the mailing list:[…]g/msg1319477.html
09:36 cait ah yeah -that would be eythian :)
09:39 * Viktor wanders off for lunch too.
09:46 cdickinson joined #koha
09:53 mario joined #koha
10:00 sophie_m joined #koha
10:33 indradg joined #koha
11:24 Viktor_away joined #koha
11:41 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:46 meliss joined #koha
12:06 cait thx khall++
12:06 khall np!
12:25 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:33 carmen joined #koha
12:34 carmen hello and good morning #koha
12:35 cait hi carmen
12:35 cait khall: did you see i had problems applying the hold patch?
12:35 NateC joined #koha
12:42 andreashm joined #koha
12:45 JoshB joined #koha
12:50 edveal joined #koha
12:51 codavid joined #koha
12:51 codavid left #koha
12:53 * andreashm waves
13:02 magnuse \o/
13:10 talljoy joined #koha
13:13 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:29 cma joined #koha
13:32 alex_a joined #koha
13:37 nengard joined #koha
13:37 tcohen joined #koha
13:37 tcohen morning
13:38 khall mornin!
13:40 tcohen hi khall cait
14:28 reiveune left #koha
14:32 fridolin see u
14:32 fridolin left #koha
14:37 mario joined #koha
14:46 Brooke joined #koha
14:46 Brooke o/
15:03 p_vdk left #koha
15:03 rocio joined #koha
15:32 barton_ joined #koha
16:05 cait left #koha
16:31 laurence left #koha
16:35 gaetan_B bye
17:32 bag morning
17:39 mtompset joined #koha
17:39 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
17:39 mtompset @seen khall
17:39 huginn` mtompset: khall was last seen in #koha 4 hours, 1 minute, and 33 seconds ago: <khall> mornin!
17:40 khall what's up?
17:41 mtompset I was looking at the coverflow plugin.
17:42 magnuse bag: HI
17:42 wahanui kia ora, magnuse
17:42 mtompset I did the unthinkable... and uninstalled. :)
17:42 mtompset It left some cruft behind.
17:42 khall lol! why?
17:42 magnuse nah, noone will ever want to do that :-)
17:42 khall yeah, I can understand that
17:42 mtompset Because I'm playing with plugins right now.
17:42 tcohen hi mtompset
17:42 eskaaren joined #koha
17:43 mtompset That whole JavaScript/minfied thing.
17:43 khall I'm not sure if that can be handled because some files are in a different namespace
17:44 mtompset The difficulty comes with knowing if any other plugins may be using that same file.
17:44 mtompset Greetings, tcohen. :)
17:44 tcohen @later tell eythian do u think the PDF::FromHTML package can be built in a short term?
17:44 huginn` tcohen: The operation succeeded.
17:45 * mtompset screams in agony over the mention of PDF::FromHTML. ;)
17:46 mtompset tcohen: Did you peek at any on my noise reducing on the tests bugs? :)
17:46 mtompset ^on^of^
17:47 tcohen i saw them, but too busy taking on enhancements for 3.20
17:47 mtompset Image a world where 'prove t' has no extraneous noise... it's within grasp. :)
17:47 mtompset ^Image^Imagine^
17:48 tcohen heh
17:49 tcohen khall: would you take a look at my proposed solution for bug 14148?
17:49 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14148 blocker, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Bug 12412 breaks import if plugins are not enabled
17:49 khall tcohen: that looks like a fine solution to me!
17:50 mtompset What was it before that?
17:52 mtompset Oh... and speaking of plugins.
17:53 mtompset That 403 git issue... I had to do the same thing for my plugins directory too.
18:12 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "looking for some jquery help i want every ; in the holdings_note to be replaced with a line break" (4 lines) at
18:13 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "the html" (1 line) at
18:17 jace_ joined #koha
18:21 nengard any jquery experts around - it's probably really simple I'm just missing one simple thing ...
18:21 nengard khall maybe you know ^^
18:22 khall nengard: so that javascript isn't working?
18:22 nengard nope
18:22 nengard and i tried \;
18:22 nengard no luck
18:24 khall nengard: add a "console.log(h);" line above your return to see if it prints out the html
18:24 nengard hmm
18:24 nengard nope
18:24 khall nothing in your javascript error console?
18:25 nengard khall http://switch-temp.bywatersolu[…]blionumber=140539
18:26 nengard two errors - not to do with this
18:26 khall nengard: there's a syntax error
18:26 khall so your js is probably never being executed
18:26 nengard bingo
18:26 nengard sort of - refresh the page
18:27 nengard it's not replacing every one - just the first one
18:30 khall you need a regex, one moment
18:30 tcohen @seen cait
18:30 huginn` tcohen: cait was last seen in #koha 5 hours, 55 minutes, and 18 seconds ago: <cait> khall: did you see i had problems applying the hold patch?
18:30 khall return h.replace('/;/g', '<br/>');
18:31 khall nengard: ^
18:31 khall return h.replace(/;/g, '<br/>');
18:31 khall my bad, it should look like this nengard^
18:31 khall I don't think a semi needs escaped, but it may
18:39 mtompset khall: How would you feel about a YAML-esque or JSON-esque system preference that stores the names of files unpacked for the plugins?
18:40 khall a syspref seems like an odd place to store it, but I've got no better idea!
18:41 mtompset Right, because if it were in the plugins dir, it would get accidentally overwritten.
18:41 mtompset (by a poorly zip'd plugin)
18:44 khall I'd say the best solution is to smack me and tell me to fix my plugin
18:47 pastebot "barton" at pasted "Stack trace from -- clicking 'new batch' or 'manage batches' triggers Software error." (13 lines) at
18:47 barton ah, khall, I figured that you'd bounced already.
18:47 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11574 - Clean up Printing Lists <[…]f8696cab57861aba9> / Bug 14006: checks the wrong zebra index mode <[…]5b3f51d1ba21a4b79> / Bug 12671: Guess next serial date when there are several issues per unit. Added suppo... <http://git.koha-community.or
18:51 mtompset khall: That's one solution.
18:52 mtompset The other solution was to fix the plugin delete functionality.
18:52 tcohen bye #koha
18:52 mtompset If you store the files associated with the archive in a string.
18:52 mtompset Then you can check to see if the file is still used and if not delete it.
18:53 mtompset Because assuming "everything below this directory" is a reasonable assumption, but obvious someone is going to break it, even the author of the plugin system. :P
19:12 cait joined #koha
19:14 chris_n cait: bug 14152
19:14 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14152 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Needs Signoff , Check for required dependencies during upgrades
19:14 cait i just got in chris_n - will look later
19:17 magnuse ooh, that sounds like a good idea
19:30 mtompset chris_n: I just tried it.
19:30 mtompset It's not working right.
19:31 mtompset It tells me I have all the dependencies even after I did a sudo apt-get purge libpdf-fromhtml-perl
19:33 edveal joined #koha
19:36 chris_n mtompset:  libpdf-fromhtml-perl is not currently marked as a required dep
19:37 chris_n you will have to edit your file and change that
19:37 mtompset Shouldn't that be part of your patch?!
19:37 mtompset I'll test that case though.
19:37 chris_n no, that is a separate bug
19:37 chris_n still in discussion
19:37 wahanui i think in discussion is probably good
19:37 chris_n sometimes wahanui
19:37 wahanui sometimes i am more trouble than she's worth
19:37 mtompset number?
19:37 wahanui number is going down too fast
19:37 chris_n om
19:38 chris_n bug 14103
19:38 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14103 critical, P5 - low, ---, hector.hecaxmmx, Needs Signoff , Discharge management: Software error on main page after upgrade - Missing dependencies on About page
19:39 chris_n seems hector has submitted a patch to do that
19:40 chris_n mtompset: either that or remove a dep currently marked as required
19:44 rangi[…]e-notes.html#feat
19:45 rangi some nice features coming in 5.0
19:45 rangi i wont upgrade until after the 3.20 release though
19:51 mtompset Feel free to edit my revised test plan, chris_n. I signed off. :)
19:52 mtompset It's a nice change. Though, I don't know why you did negative checking 'noop', instead of positive checking 'updatestructure'.
19:54 chris_n mtompset: probably just failed to swap the logic after several iterations
19:54 * chris_n went through a couple of contortions before arriving at the present solution :-P
19:56 chris_n thanks mtompset; my sentiments exactly on the package in question :-)
19:57 cait morning rangi
19:57 nengard left #koha
19:59 chris_n heya rangi
19:59 cait chris_n: mtompset:  i am in doubt about making it mandatory - i think it woudl be better to alter the code
19:59 chris_n I agree
19:59 cait to make it check for an activated discharge feature
19:59 cait but not sure how to do that
19:59 * chris_n thinks required deps should be kept to a bare minimum
20:00 chris_n time to head out
20:03 * rangi has to get kids to school, bbl
20:09 mtompset cait: That is a specific case. The code is still a useful patch for more normal cases. :)
20:09 cait hm?
20:10 mtompset Let me just try with libxml-libxslt-perl
20:14 mtompset Hmmm...
20:14 mtompset no blow up....
20:16 mtompset okay... I'm not sure how to trigger the blow up that proves it should be required.
20:17 mtompset But the patch does catch the need for it. :)
20:21 hankbank joined #koha
20:42 druthb_away joined #koha
20:42 mtompset found the blowup, cait: OPAC searching.
20:48 drojf good night #koha
20:55 mveron joined #koha
21:02 mveron Good evening / daytime #koha
21:02 ccordova joined #koha
21:08 ccordova joined #koha
21:09 ccordova_ joined #koha
21:12 ccordova joined #koha
21:14 ccordova joined #koha
21:17 ccordova_ joined #koha
21:18 Carlos joined #koha
21:20 ccordova_ joined #koha
21:47 JesseM_ joined #koha
21:57 edveal left #koha
22:02 sophie_m left #koha
22:07 eythian hi
22:15 eythian @later tell tcohen yes, totally. It probably just requires fixing up the documentation, I didn't see anything worse than that that would prevent it being packaged.
22:15 huginn` eythian: The operation succeeded.
22:16 JoshB joined #koha
22:28 cait left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary