IRC log for #koha, 2015-01-21

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 talljoy1 joined #koha
00:05 papa joined #koha
00:20 rocio left #koha
01:29 JoshB joined #koha
01:57 dcook LISTs do automatic interpolation of sublists
01:57 dcook :D
01:57 dcook Wait.. "LISTs do automatic interpolation of sublists"
01:58 eythian ?
01:58 dcook[…]alue-constructors
01:58 eythian yes
01:59 eythian (a, b, (c, d), e) == (a, b, c, d, e)
01:59 dcook I wasn't 100% sure if that was the case, but I was fairly sure
01:59 dcook Or in their example:  (@foo,@bar,&SomeSub,%glarch)
01:59 dcook "contains all the elements of @foo followed by all the elements of @bar, followed by all the elements returned by the subroutine named SomeSub called in list context, followed by the key/value pairs of %glarch."
02:01 eythian ah yeah
02:01 eythian that too
02:01 dcook Which is handy when you have a list that is getting way too long...
02:06 dcook Now how to execute remote scripts as a different user than the ssh user without using Ansible..
02:06 dcook Well, not remote scripts
02:06 dcook Rather... how to execute commands which have too many quotes...
02:07 eythian quoting and quote escaping is a minefield
02:07 dcook It really is :(
02:07 dcook I don't even know if the current scenario is even possible
02:07 dcook But surely a different way to do it could be done..
02:08 eythian everything is possible. little is easy.
02:08 dcook :)
02:13 dcook Oh ho... I think I figured it out
02:14 dcook \o/
02:18 dcook Such a minefield
02:35 Joubu joined #koha
03:18 papa joined #koha
04:02 dcook rangi wears jerseys to work?
04:03 dcook I thought I had a follow-up comment to that but I don't...
04:03 * dcook probably spent the majority of first year uni in soccer jerseys...
04:04 eythian sometimes
04:09 dcook I suppose we don't have an official dress code here...
04:10 eythian we don't here.
04:10 dcook I like the sound of that
04:10 eythian it's whatever suits the occasion. And since most of the time there is no occasion...
04:10 dcook Mmm, that makes sense
04:11 dcook Hehe
04:11 dcook "This module provides aliases for the built-in variables whose names no one seems to like to read."
04:11 dcook Got to love the Perl documentation sometimes
04:12 eythian heh
04:12 dcook Admittedly... I wouldn't think "UID" when I see "$<"
04:12 dcook Although I think you can use either even without English..
04:13 eythian yeah, I think you can
04:13 dcook Mmm maybe not. Not sure...
04:13 dcook
04:13 dcook Well, one way to find out!
04:14 dcook Hmm, I'm thinking might need "use English" for that one
04:16 dcook Yep, definitely requires "use English"
04:16 dcook Although I think there might be other ways of doing it..
04:17 dcook POSIX::getuid might be a bit nicer...
04:21 dcook Yikes... that's a bit sparse:
04:22 eythian it...sure is
04:22 dcook Apparently it returns different things depends on the context that you call it... which would be good to know
04:24 eythian look in perldoc, it's more complete in there
04:24 eythian it looks like a direct interface into the libc function
04:24 dcook perldoc?
04:25 eythian perldoc -f getpwnam
04:25 * eythian blows dcook's mind
04:25 dcook lol
04:25 dcook I was just about to say "huh, didn't know you could do that" ;)
04:25 dcook Only ever done it on scripts
04:25 eythian it's basically 'man' for perl
04:26 dcook "In scalar context, you get the name, unless the function was a lookup by name, in which case you get the other thing, whatever it is."
04:26 dcook Love it
04:26 eythian perldoc perlvar, perldoc MARC::Record, perldoc -q lists, etc.
04:26 eythian haha
04:26 dcook Yeah, it's a good one to know
04:26 dcook I've only ever done perldoc MARC::Record style
04:26 dcook Thanks for the wisdom, oh perly one ;)
04:27 eythian perldoc -f <functioname> I use all the time
04:28 dcook I'm totally going to from here on out!
04:35 dcook "Being parsimonious on filehandles is also useful (besides being parsimonious)"
04:35 dcook hehe
04:48 eythian arg why is this auth failing
04:51 dcook You'd think the flippancy of the perldoc would rub off on me, but I got nothing
04:51 eythian heh
04:51 dcook So... my sympathies :)
04:52 eythian well, it's my user provisioning API that I'm testing on an actual test server
04:52 dcook Mmm, the upsert one?
04:52 eythian I can log in through the API, but then it doesn't let me do any more, it just complains about an auth failure.
04:52 eythian yeah
04:53 eythian ohcrap
04:54 dcook No cookie?
04:54 eythian so if you pass a parameter called userid in to an API, it tries to auth against it
04:54 eythian but here, userid is the userid of the user that you're creating/updating
04:54 eythian so everything asplodes
04:54 dcook Mmm, definnitely an ohcrap moment
04:54 dcook definitely*
04:55 eythian I think I should be able to remove it, check session, then put it back.
04:56 eythian I suspect that this might work on all pages
04:56 eythian as in, if you included userid and password, you'd be automatically logged in.
04:57 saa joined #koha
04:57 saa is it possible to have accession number with only library code
04:58 saa eg NDAA1
04:58 saa how to achieve this
05:02 eythian saa: I don't know much about that stuff, but you're in a quiet time right now. In a couple of hours, Europe should be awake and someone may know.
05:04 saa k
05:09 dcook saa: I'm not sure what you mean by accession number, but I'm also a bit distracted ;)
05:18 saa i want system should automaticall number with NDAA1 NDAA2 NDAA3 etc.
05:18 saa such way by default it is not possible
05:19 saa there are four ways in system 1,2,3, then branchcodeyearandnumber etc.
05:19 saa i want not actually branch code but the series we initiate
05:19 saa such as NDAA1, NDAA2 etc.
05:25 eythian <-- dcook, check this out
05:25 dcook Ah, so when you say accession number, you mean barcode
05:25 dcook Technically, I would say those are two separate things :)
05:25 dcook Usually
05:25 dcook The only way to make a new kind of barcode would be to create a new barcode plugin
05:26 dcook eythian: cool :)
05:27 dcook Fixed the auth issue then?
05:27 eythian yeah
05:27 dcook Certainly a handy service to have I think
05:27 dcook We'll probably make use of that in the future
05:27 eythian it removes the userid from the query, and then puts it back in after checking the session
05:28 dcook Mmm, tricksy
05:28 eythian a bit ugly, but probably overall the cleanest way without breaking expectations.
05:29 dcook Yeah, now that I think about it, other services let you supply username, yeah?
05:29 dcook Not just the auth service?
05:29 eythian I think so
05:29 dcook Yeah, I thought I saw that a while ago..
05:29 dcook I'd love a search service, to be honest. I wrote one a while ago, but it's not quite right... as it's more complex than we would probably need
05:30 dcook The one I have searches Koha, then searches other z39.50 targets... it's a copy cataloguing tool..
05:30 dcook But all we'd need is one that searches Koha..
05:30 eythian ah right
05:30 eythian should be doable with existing things, I'd've though.
05:30 dcook Actually, I suppose we'd need most OPAC functionality as services..
05:30 dcook Hmm?
05:31 eythian I dunno, are there API calls that do searches?
05:31 eythian I'm not actually sure
05:31 dcook Yeah, I think I copied a fair amount of existing code and tightened it up
05:31 dcook Internal ones yeah, I think
05:31 dcook I should look at them again and add some comments and such..
05:32 dcook I'd love to make it so that libraries could use the services from their own websites
05:32 eythian well, I've polished the service code a lot for this, so it'll be easier to implement under svc.
05:32 dcook :D
05:32 eythian ah right
05:32 eythian this isn't good for that, it's more an admin interface.
05:32 dcook Yeah, totally
05:32 dcook Which is how we'd use it :)
05:33 AmitG joined #koha
05:33 dcook I like the idea of moving to something like "api/v1" or something at some point
05:33 dcook Although I suppose that's more so when there is a more fleshed out API
05:33 dcook Just so we don't screw with people too much
05:33 dcook What was I just doing..
05:33 dcook Actually, what prompted "upsert", eythian?
05:34 eythian one of our clients wants to integrate with the salesforce thing that they use to manage their members.
05:35 eythian This is the first phase to a full single signon system
05:42 AmitG hi
05:42 AmitG al
05:49 dcook Ah, cool beans :)
05:49 dcook yo AmitG
05:50 dcook I think I'm nearly there with the OpenID Connect stuff
05:50 dcook Just waiting on some fixes to the third party server I think
05:51 eythian this is going to be some horrible proprietary crap I think :(
06:14 dcook :(
06:14 dcook Hopefully I'll be able to upstream this OpenID Connect stuff at some point once all the kinks are worked out
06:14 dcook Although I almost wonder if I could've used the Oauth2 module instead...
06:15 dcook The server I'm working with isn't implemented as well as it should be though, so :S
06:15 dcook I have a few hacks just to make it mostly work in the meantime before the server (hopefully) is brought up to snuff
06:24 dcook 'system('whoami') or die "I suck";'
06:24 dcook It took me way longer than I would've liked to figure out why that wasn't working.
06:24 dcook That's why we don't copy/paste code and then change the function...
06:24 dcook Or rather... why system('whoami') was working... but why it was still dying
06:25 dcook Everybody loves real successful exit codes of 0 :p
06:32 eythian heh
06:32 eythian that's bit me before too, I'm sure
06:33 dcook hehe
06:34 dcook Well, some commands don't turn real exit codes!
06:34 dcook I just can't remember which ones don't :p
06:37 dcook Of course now I'm getting interested in forking... but not quite sure how to handle child processes so they don't turn into zombies..
06:38 dcook Ah wait system doesn't return the real value per se
06:38 eythian something something out of context
06:39 dcook "The return value is the exit status of the program as returned by the wait call."
06:39 dcook :p
06:39 dcook Context is for shmucks
06:39 eythian @quote add <dcook> Of course now I'm getting interested in forking... but not quite sure how to handle child processes so they don't turn into zombies..
06:39 huginn eythian: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
06:39 eythian erk
06:41 eythian huginn is a mystery to me, I'll let someone else do that.
06:41 huginn eythian: I suck
06:41 eythian yep
06:41 dcook mhm
06:42 saa i need a help on adding barcodes in koha with an option such as NDAA1, NDAA2, NDAA3 with automatic system generated
06:43 dcook saa: It's not possible without having someone customize Koha for you
06:44 dcook The closer option is <branchcode>yymm0001.
06:44 dcook closest*
06:44 dcook saa: Is there a reason why that barcode option won't work?
06:44 saa i dont want yymm rthere
06:45 dcook eythian: I was looking at forking a process and running the child process with a different user, which I think is how Chef does it
06:45 dcook Errr, by changing the UID/EUID to the different user
06:45 eythian ah right
06:45 dcook saa: Fair enough. I would suggest contacting someone at one of the paid support companies ( to create a barcode plugin for you, or writing the plugin yourself.
06:46 eythian well, that's not quite how it works technically
06:46 dcook eythian: oh?
06:46 eythian you fork, and the child changes its own UID/EUID
06:46 dcook O_o
06:46 eythian it's a minor distinction
06:46 eythian you also have to be root to do that.
06:46 dcook Mmm
06:46 dcook Well, you make the child change its own, yeah?
06:47 dcook And yeah... which is why I'm intrigued when Chef says it can run without root privileges...
06:47 dcook I suppose it could run but would probably fail if you tried to change users ever
06:47 eythian yeah, either that or it has a small agent that it uses to do things like that, and that runs as root.
06:48 dcook Mmm, yeah, I could see that
06:48 dcook Well..
06:48 * dcook ponders
06:48 dcook Yeah, I suppose
06:51 dcook Hmm, the child processes must be auto-reaped I guess...
06:51 dcook Well, I guess a few things might be going on..
06:52 dcook system() waits for its child process...
06:52 dcook But fork() doesn't necessarily..
06:53 cait joined #koha
06:53 eythian fork doesn't
06:53 * cait waves
06:53 eythian system is "just" a fork and a wait($pid), roughly.
06:53 eythian hi cait
06:53 dcook eythian: Yeah, that's how it looks basically
06:53 dcook hey cait :)
06:54 dcook eythian: but I don't have zombies for the child process that calls system(), and I haven't always been waiting for those..
06:54 cait evening eythian and dcook
06:54 dcook $SIG{CHLD} isn't set to "IGNORE"...
06:55 dcook At least not that I've seen
06:55 eythian yeah, system shouldn't leave zombies
06:55 eythian fork may
06:55 dcook Well, I'm using open at the moment
06:55 dcook Which does an implicit fork()
06:55 eythian ah yep
06:55 eythian maybe when you close the file handle they'll go away
06:55 dcook That's what I'm guessing
06:56 cait hm my fitbit refuses to sync. grump.
06:56 dcook :(
06:56 dcook I occasionally think about getting one. My wife has a gearfit and loves it
06:57 dcook But her phone is also a samsung, so I suppose it's easier to make it work reliably? :S
06:57 dcook I occasionally use waitpid... which returns -1... which apparently means this system automatically reaps child processes...
06:57 dcook
06:58 dcook Or there is no such child process... but that wouldn't make sense..
06:58 dcook Well unless it was already reaped I guess
06:58 eythian "on some systems ... could ..."
06:58 dcook Yeah... :/
06:59 dcook Oooh...
06:59 dcook I think I see
06:59 cait dcook: i hope it's just the sofware i use to sync in linux... but if that's broken i need to boot into windows. ew.
07:00 dcook So the parent and child are connected via a pipe, and when I print out <FROM_KID> and call waitpid after it says -1. But if I do it before, it gives me the pid of the child process...
07:00 dcook cait: Ahh, hopefully it's just that
07:00 dcook Yeah, I was trying to fix a ntfs drive the other day, so I booted into windows to use chdsk or whatever that utility is called...
07:00 dcook I think that's the only time I've booted into Windows (at home) in ages
07:00 * dcook may or may not use windows every day at work..
07:02 * eythian doesn't
07:03 * dcook would prefer not to
07:03 dcook It would actually make life much easier if I don't have to use Windows
07:09 dcook "Closing a pipe also waits for the process executing on the pipe to exit--in case you wish to look at the output of the pipe afterwards"
07:10 dcook I don't think zombies get formed even when I don't manually close the pipe
07:10 dcook But something must be closing it automatically
07:10 dcook Yeah..
07:10 dcook "You don't have to close FILEHANDLE if you are immediately going to do another open on it, because open closes it for you."
07:11 dcook Wait, that's irrelevant
07:11 eythian it'll close if it goes out of scope
07:11 dcook Yeah, that's what I figured
07:12 dcook So I guess a person should be careful when calling fork() directly
07:12 dcook But some of the other functions that fork take care of things for you a bit
07:12 eythian That's not really a sentence
07:12 eythian or I can't parse it.
07:13 dcook Well, if you call fork() on your own, you probably need to wait for your child processes to terminate
07:13 dcook (admittedly, I'm a bit fuzzy on that one)
07:13 eythian oh wait, I understand it now
07:13 eythian yeah, they will
07:13 dcook But "open" and "system" wait for you
07:13 dcook Yeah
07:17 dcook Hmm, the interwebs suggests that children usually get reaped automatically anyway...
07:21 eythian OK, that API is now on testing, tomorrow I'll rebase it onto master and upstream it.
07:21 eythian For now, hometime.
07:21 dcook :D
07:21 dcook laterz
07:21 eythian bye dcook, cait
07:29 * magnuse waves
07:34 dcook yo magnuse
07:37 reiveune joined #koha
07:37 reiveune hello
07:49 dcook eythian: Figured it all out, I think. When you use fork(), child processes will become zombies if the parent runs longer than the child (if you don't use wait or waitpid). However, when the parent process terminates, the zombie child is reaped.
07:50 dcook I wonder what happens vice versa..
07:55 dcook Ahhh, neato
07:55 dcook If the parent dies before the child, the child becomes a child of 1 (i.e. init)
07:56 magnuse kia ora dcook
07:56 dcook So I suppose the creation of zombies would really only be relevant for long-running processes like daemons...
07:56 dcook how's it going magnuse? :)
07:56 alex_a joined #koha
07:56 magnuse dcook: good! working on some migrations, catching up on things that got left behind in 2014
07:59 fridolin joined #koha
07:59 fridolin hie all
08:00 alex_a bonjour
08:04 dcook salut fridolin, alex_a
08:04 dcook magnuse: Nice!
08:04 dcook I finally took the time to understand the fork() function... at least in Perl
08:04 dcook and zombie processes...
08:04 dcook And how to set the UID and GID of a process...
08:04 dcook Although honestly I'll probably just use sudo in the end :p
08:04 dcook well, sudo -u
08:08 magnuse hehe
08:08 magnuse anything koha-related?
08:10 ashimema_ joined #koha
08:10 ashimema_ did the dev meeting happen yesterday?
08:10 ashimema_ I'm not seeing any minutes anywhere?
08:11 Joubu hello #koha
08:11 Joubu ashimema_: hum no, it's today :)
08:12 ashimema_ lol.. i'm a muppet
08:12 ashimema_ thanks Joubu
08:12 ashimema_ misread the date..
08:12 Joubu ashimema_: 15 UTC
08:12 ashimema_ thought I had to miss it yesterday as was out with customers.. i'm around today :)
08:14 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:14 gaetan_B hello
08:27 magnuse[…]g_21_January_2015
08:36 Joubu ha, dashboard is up today, but bz-splitter returns a 502 :-/
08:40 dcook magnuse: Ummm, sort of?
08:40 dcook Writing some custom backup scripts for our Koha and DSpace instances
08:41 dcook We don't allow password login for Postgres, so you need to rely on system authentication if you want to use the Postgres user, and that means switching commands in this case
08:41 dcook switching users*
08:42 magnuse ah
08:42 magnuse you use koha with postgres?
08:43 Joubu @later tell tcohen Please have a look at bug 13001, there status is wrong, the patches are not in master
08:43 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
08:51 magnuse bug 13001
08:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13001 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Refactor VAT and price calculation - parcel page
08:53 cait joined #koha
08:54 pastebot joined #koha
08:58 magnuse kia ora cait and pastebot!
09:06 dcook magnuse: Nope, Dspace
09:06 dcook Koha and Postgres would not get along in many ways, me thinks
09:14 cait dcook: go home :)
09:26 paul_p joined #koha
09:28 magnuse dcook: that is what i thought, yes
09:29 magnuse dcook: any progress/plans on bug 10662?
09:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10662 new feature, P1 - high, ---, dcook, ASSIGNED , Build OAI-PMH Harvesting Client
09:42 dcook Heading home in just a moment :)
09:43 dcook magnuse: Not at the moment. Hopefully sometime in the next few months, I think.
09:49 dcook Ok, leaving now :p
09:49 dcook (making up time that I've spent away with doctors and vets...)
09:51 ashimema morning #koha
09:57 reiveune left #koha
10:02 reiveune joined #koha
10:26 laurence joined #koha
10:28 laurence1 joined #koha
10:55 kivilahtio joined #koha
11:45 saa joined #koha
11:45 saa is is possible to disable patron alternate address details
11:49 paxed use CSS. for intranet, put this in IntranetUserCSS: #patron-alternative-contact, #patron-alternative-contact + div { display:none; }
11:58 saa file i have to edit is it
12:01 cait saa: you can also use borrowerunwantedfields- the system preference
12:02 cait that will remove all the fields you don't want form the patron edit form
12:02 saa k
12:04 jwagner joined #koha
12:41 ashimema question..
12:41 ashimema anyone out there using the Overdrive stuff..  is there any way to change the 'Found x results in Overdrive collection' text without butchering templates directly..
12:42 ashimema I 'think' the stuff in question is already added via js, so using opacuserjs is proving challenging as it's attemtping to change the stuff before siad stuff has actually be inserted..
12:42 tcohen joined #koha
12:45 tcohen morning
12:46 tcohen gaetan_B: he's on vacation
12:48 oleonard joined #koha
12:50 cait ashimema: hm jquery?
12:50 tcohen hi cait
12:50 cait ashimema: oleonard helped me some time ago with asimilar case - as opacuserjs is at the bottom now it could work
12:50 ashimema cait..
12:50 * oleonard denies everything
12:51 ashimema problem is, there's nothing fired that I can see to tell me that the dynamically inserted Overdrive stuff has actually been added yet..
12:51 ashimema so the on ready function is too early..
12:51 ashimema and even the window ready functino seems to fire too early..
12:51 ashimema I'm baffled.
12:52 tcohen hi ashimema oleonard
12:53 ashimema hi tcohen
12:53 ashimema hi oleonard
12:53 jcamins ashimema: I haven't looked at the code, but what about an AJAX watcher?
12:54 ashimema ajax watcher ? ;)
12:56 meliss joined #koha
13:14 collum joined #koha
13:23 NateC joined #koha
13:30 oleonard Thanks for the clarification on Bug 13602 cait.
13:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13602 normal, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, Needs Signoff , Username/password already exists when editing borrower attributes and messaging preferences
13:31 collum joined #koha
13:31 JoshB joined #koha
13:39 cait oleonard: had a rough idea from reading the comments
13:44 kivilahtio cait: life is rough :)
13:44 kivilahtio cait: developing for Koha is also rough
13:44 kivilahtio cait: oleonard: thanks for the comments :)
13:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:59 cait on phone
14:02 nengard joined #koha
14:18 jenkins_koha Starting build #14 for job Koha_Docs_3.16.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:18 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.16.x build #14: SUCCESS in 15 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Docs_3.16.x/14/
14:18 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: add more info about circcontrol preference
14:20 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug - 11345 - Self registration captcha <[…]7bc76abddec86529a> / Bug 10606: Remove MySQLism in GetUpcomingDueIssues <[…]09f33bebb84e65e05> / Bug 13582: (follow-up) Able to view menu for Circulation History even when user does... <
14:23 Joubu tcohen: Hello! Did you see my comment on bug 13001?
14:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13001 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Refactor VAT and price calculation - parcel page
14:24 tcohen now I did :-D
14:25 tcohen so I typed the wrong bug #
14:25 tcohen when git-bz editing
14:33 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #606: FAILURE in 10 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/606/
14:39 cma joined #koha
14:39 talljoy joined #koha
14:40 jenkins_koha Starting build #607 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: FAILURE -- last SUCCESS #605 4 days 17 hr ago)
14:40 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13001: The total for received order should be based on the unitprice <[…]4533c74e70377d725> / Bug 13001: Refactor VAT and price calculation - parcel page <[…]9f1a190b87fcc396a> / Bug 13525 - Date sorting on accounts (fines) tab doesn't work correctly <htt
14:40 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
14:40 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #607: FIXED in 5 min 33 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/607/
14:40 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: add more info about circcontrol preference
14:45 marcelr joined #koha
14:54 fridolin yop, does someone have problems with BDI perl module with Debian Squeeze ?
14:54 fridolin transactional connexion does not work
14:55 ashimema_ joined #koha
14:57 ColinC joined #koha
14:58 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
14:58 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_D7 build #293: FIXED in 42 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Master_D7/293/
14:58 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 12861 : Noisy warn in the error logs
14:58 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 12861: (follow-up) Noisy warn in error logs
14:58 jenkins_koha * Thomas: Bug 13584 - Able to view menu for Purchase Suggestions even when user does not have permission
14:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12861 minor, P5 - low, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , Noisy warns in C4/
14:58 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13584: (follow-up) Able to view menu for Purchase Suggestions even when user does not have permission
14:58 jenkins_koha * Abby: Bug 13587: Fix Authorised Values Toolbar
14:58 jenkins_koha * Fridolin Somers: Bug 11927 - Add gr install option
14:58 jenkins_koha * Fridolin Somers: Bug 11927 - Add greek chr lang_def file
14:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13584 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomsStudy, Pushed to Master , Able to view menu for Purchase Suggestions even when user does not have permission
14:58 jenkins_koha * Fridolin Somers: Bug 11927 - Add greek to word-phrase-utf.chr
14:58 jenkins_koha * Fridolin Somers: Bug 11927 - Small corrections on word-phrase-utf.chr
14:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13587 trivial, P5 - low, ---, abbyrobertson.student, Pushed to Master , Authorized Values toolbar missing '+' Icons
14:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11927 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , Add greek support to CHR
14:58 jenkins_koha * Olli-Antti Kivilahti: Bug 13025 - Software error: Undefined subroutine &C4::Circulation::HasOverdues called at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/ line 1925
14:58 jenkins_koha * Abby: Bug 7143: Adding releases to history file
14:58 jenkins_koha * Thomas: Bug 13582 - Able to view menu for Circulation History even when user does not have permission
14:58 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13582: (follow-up) Able to view menu for Circulation History even when user does not have permission
14:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13025 minor, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, Pushed to Master , Software error: Undefined subroutine &C4::Circulation::HasOverdues called at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/ line 1925
14:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7143 trivial, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Passed QA , Bug for tracking changes to the about page
14:59 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 10606: Remove MySQLism in GetUpcomingDueIssues
14:59 jenkins_koha * Justin: Bug - 11345 - Self registration captcha
14:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13582 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , Able to view menu for Circulation History even when user does not have permission
14:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10606 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , MySQLism in GetUpcomingDueIssues
15:01 gaetan_B cait: can you create pootle accounts while Bernardo is on holiday?
15:01 gaetan_B who else has that kind of power ?
15:02 tcohen gaetan_B: I don't
15:03 cait hi all
15:03 cait gaetan_B: i can
15:03 tcohen gaetan_B: I think you need to register yourself, and then write to koha-translate asking for pemissions
15:03 cait depending n what you need of coruse, but i can give permissions
15:04 gaetan_B seem to be down
15:04 cait i translated a bit earlier, but it seems to have ups and downs :(
15:04 tcohen gaetan_B: not for me
15:04 gaetan_B cait: it's just for someone who needs an accout to start working on translation to Myanmar, but we also need to create the translation
15:04 gaetan_B i don't think it exists yet
15:04 cait ah
15:04 cait I can't do that
15:05 cait tcohen: meeting now?
15:05 gaetan_B oh
15:05 jenkins_koha Starting build #608 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: FIXED)
15:05 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #608: SUCCESS in 2 min 3 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/608/
15:05 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: update HomeOrHoldingBranch
15:05 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: add note about independentbrances to circ rules
15:05 gaetan_B do we have to wait for Bernardo then ?
15:05 tcohen fridolin: could you check some new warnings from t/db_dependent/Search.t that show now your greek patches are pushed please?
15:05 gaetan_B tcohen: my bad, it is working, i was trying to access it via https
15:06 tcohen do we have a wildcard cert for sites?
15:06 tcohen ok, meeting
15:06 cait gaetan_B: maybe set them up with poedit for now? and we upload the files later?
15:08 gaetan_B cait that's probably the best approach, i am not 100% sure about the codes to use for the country and language though
15:09 mario joined #koha
15:09 tcohen ok, it is time
15:09 tcohen #startmeeting Development IRC meeting, 21 January 2015
15:09 huginn Meeting started Wed Jan 21 15:09:34 2015 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at
15:09 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:09 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting, 21 January 2015)
15:09 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting__21_january_2015'
15:09 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:09 tcohen #topic Introductions
15:10 ashimema_ #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
15:10 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting, 21 January 2015)
15:10 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:10 tcohen please introduce yourselves
15:10 ColinC #info Colin Campbell, PTFS Europe
15:10 barton #info Barton Chittenden, Bywater, Louisville, KY, USA
15:10 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
15:10 kivilahtio #info Olli-Antti Kivilahti Vaara-kirjastot
15:10 jenkins_koha Starting build #15 for job Koha_Docs_3.16.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:10 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.16.x build #15: SUCCESS in 10 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Docs_3.16.x/15/
15:10 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: update HomeOrHoldingBranch
15:10 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: add note about independentbrances to circ rules
15:10 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, OH, USA
15:10 nengard #info Nicole Engard, ByWater Solutions
15:10 ashimema_ I might not be here for the whole thing.. so apologies now if I dissapear.. other half wants company at a midwifes appointment
15:10 oleonard other_half++
15:10 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy
15:11 cait #link[…]g_21_January_2015
15:12 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre
15:12 edveal joined #koha
15:12 tcohen ok, moving on
15:13 tcohen #topic RM 3.18 comments / catching up after vacation
15:13 Topic for #koha is now RM 3.18 comments / catching up after vacation (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting, 21 January 2015)
15:13 tcohen I just wanted to say I'm almost back from vacation
15:13 tcohen I'm trying to catch up with what you've been doing
15:14 tcohen I've been around (Stockholm syndrom) but not involved on a daily basis on RM duties
15:14 tcohen the main purpose of this meeting was to be back on track and hear from you all what's been going on
15:14 tcohen I put a small agenda (thanks Katrin for the link) to start with
15:14 paul_p #info Paul Poulain, BibLibre
15:15 tcohen but I'm sure there are several other stuff on the pipe, that we might discuss on a next meeting
15:15 paul_p (very busy answering an RFP, but you can yell me if needed)
15:15 tcohen hopefully soon
15:15 tcohen questions?
15:15 Joubu how was your holiday? :)
15:16 ashimema_ :)
15:16 nengard I just want to let you all know that I'm back and working on getting the 3.18 manual up to date and then I will submit the help file patches for 3.18
15:16 nengard sorry that it's so late
15:16 paul_p tcohen = THE question: is manuel fine ? sleeping well ?
15:16 paul_p (don't say it's too hard, or ashimema will flee ;-) )
15:16 ashimema_ hehe
15:16 tcohen my holidays, were short, I've mostly been enjoying Manuel
15:16 * oleonard suggests ashimema_ sleep while he can
15:17 tcohen we've been sleeping well, so far
15:17 fridolin tcohen: oki
15:18 khall that's great!
15:19 Joubu I think Manuel is the youngest signoffer of a patch in Koha ;)
15:19 tcohen he's got some pain in his belly ths days, so it is gwtting shorter :P but I like taking care of him
15:19 tcohen Manuel is chairing the meeting actully
15:19 kivilahtio Manuel?
15:19 tcohen ok, jokes aside, we are great
15:19 tcohen kivilahtio: my son
15:20 tcohen month and a half old
15:20 kivilahtio congratulations!
15:20 tcohen ok, moving on :D
15:20 tcohen next is General technical discussion
15:21 tcohen #topic Out of the box Plack support
15:21 Topic for #koha is now Out of the box Plack support (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting, 21 January 2015)
15:21 kivilahtio oooo, that's cool
15:21 tcohen it'd be great that people with experience in Plack, start to think of the best way to set plack
15:22 tcohen there are some pending issues to make it default, notably on the intranet
15:22 ashimema_ I sent a mail to the list asking for advice on that front..
15:22 tcohen comments on that? some volunteer?
15:22 marcelr what is the status of plack in relation to staff client?
15:23 ashimema_ We have 'Plack for developers' pushed (bug 7844), 'Plack with nginx for production' in testing (bug 9316) and I'm aware of at least two koha-plackify scripts lurking around, Plackify-koha-common, koha-plack.
15:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7844 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, RESOLVED FIXED, plack scripts for developers
15:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9316 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add Nginx install options with plack
15:23 ashimema_ I think the first step is to at least recommend, back one of those approaches so developers can install it with ease to start testing against it regularly
15:23 tcohen i know of issues with syspref caching
15:24 ashimema_ right.. I need to dissapear :(..
15:24 ashimema_ will read the minutes after.
15:24 ashimema_ #info ashimema_ has left
15:24 tcohen #chair cait
15:24 huginn Current chairs: cait tcohen
15:25 cait huh?
15:26 cait ok, where were we?
15:26 cait have been in meetings all day and a long phone conf - so please have patience with me :)
15:26 cait #info plack: known problems with syspref caching
15:26 cait #info several approaches: Plack for developers' pushed (bug 7844), 'Plack with nginx for production' in testing (bug 9316), at least two koha-plackify scripts: Plackify-koha-common, koha-plack.
15:27 cait anything to add about plack?
15:28 barton are there any known issues other than syspref caching?
15:28 tcohen I know robin has been active working on plack support
15:28 Joubu Does someone use Plack in production?
15:29 tcohen I'll ask him to give us his vision on the current status
15:30 cait is this an action?
15:30 barton I know that bywater has one partner using it on OPAC in production. I haven't heard of any issues with it.
15:30 cait #action tcohen to ask eythian for a status report about plack
15:31 kivilahtio Regarding general technical discussion:[…]
15:32 kivilahtio Shouldn't we set the javascript/css-files expiration dates from the templates?
15:32 tcohen apache
15:33 kivilahtio tcohen: thanks
15:33 oleonard Related? Bug 12904
15:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12904 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Force browser to load new javascript files after upgrade
15:35 tcohen possibly, i''ll add it to the agenda for the next meeting, ok?
15:35 khall I was hoping ashimema could verify if his alternate implementation would work with plack
15:36 cait #action ashimema will check if his implementatin of bug 12904 works with plack ;)
15:36 cait he is not here... so he gets volunteered, right?
15:36 kivilahtio tcohen: no need from my behalf
15:36 tcohen #topic non-XSLT view deprecation
15:36 Topic for #koha is now non-XSLT view deprecation (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting, 21 January 2015)
15:37 cait +1
15:38 tcohen the point here was to highlight that a lot of the code complexity comes from this
15:38 Joubu Is there a bug report somewhere?
15:38 cait i think we amde one
15:38 cait looking fo rit
15:38 tcohen (regarding searching)
15:38 cait bug 12561
15:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12561 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Omnibus: Deprecate non-XSLT detail and result views
15:38 marcelr did any people object to removing it?
15:38 cait #info bug 12561: Omnibus: Deprecate non-XSLT detail and result views
15:38 cait iirc
15:39 kivilahtio marcelr: nope. I strongly support it :)
15:39 cait we wanted to check for features that only work with non-xslt
15:39 cait and created that bug
15:39 cait there are a couple depends on noted
15:39 cait bug 2619
15:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2619 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Turning on XSLTResultsDisplay preference turns off item detail display
15:39 cait bug 5229
15:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5229 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , OPACItemsResultsDisplay preference does not work with XSLT results
15:39 cait bug 10571
15:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10571 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , IntranetBiblioDefaultView doesn't do anything with MARC21 XSLT
15:39 Joubu Yes, I think it's the first thing to do: find the difference between both views
15:39 cait bug 11426
15:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11426 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Make HighlightOwnItemsOnOPAC work with XSLT
15:39 cait bug 12574
15:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12574 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , BiblioDefaultView doesn't affect XSLT results view
15:39 cait bug 12900
15:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12900 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , IntranetBiblioDefaultView doesn't do anything with NORMARC or UNIMARC XSLT
15:39 cait bug 12901
15:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12901 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , BiblioDefaultView doesn't do anything with NORMARC or UNIMARC XSLT
15:40 cait bug 13327
15:40 rocio joined #koha
15:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13327 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , OPACPopupAuthorsSearch doesn't work with XSLT views
15:40 cait cool
15:40 cait looks like a lot are resolved
15:41 cait i think left are 2619 and 5229 and 11426 and 13327
15:41 jcamins ashimema_: I think it's probably implemented using jQuery, so just add a global watcher.
15:41 Joubu Naive question: why the xslt view is better?
15:41 kivilahtio Joubu: good question
15:41 cait becasue we show way mro information there
15:41 cait and we allow customizing
15:41 Joubu I would prefer a solution with TT, rather than the ****** xslt syntax
15:41 kivilahtio we can do that without xslt as well
15:42 cait the logic is better - the normla view uses old marc routines that are not ideal i think
15:42 Joubu TT is really more powerful and friendly to read/write than xslt
15:42 kivilahtio I think TT is a viable laternative
15:42 kivilahtio there is no point in having both
15:42 cait i think bringing the feautres we got in xslt now to the nonmarc is a much bigger project than the other way around
15:42 kivilahtio we should use either TT or XSLT, not both
15:42 jcamins Like ajaxStart or ajaxStop.
15:42 * tcohen thinks jcamins is too asynchronous
15:42 oleonard No one has developed a version with TT which is better than the XSLT version
15:43 cait and i think no point having 3 things
15:43 kivilahtio oleonard: well I believe not in speed that's for sure
15:43 cait deprecate the old normal view... move on to something else after?
15:43 kivilahtio they say XSLT is super, fast :)
15:43 kivilahtio but that is yet another technology, is it really owrth it?
15:43 Joubu I am just wondering if you should not spent time on something better
15:43 kivilahtio regarding hte learning curve and the fishy syntax you need to remember
15:44 oleonard Saying that the TT version *could* be better isn't a good reason not to deprecate the version which *is* worse.
15:44 marcelr the XSLT got a little out of hand too, but I think it is better than the old normal view
15:44 kivilahtio my point is reducing unnecessary technology overheead
15:44 cait Joubu: i think a better way would be nice, but right now I'd like to deprecate one of the 2 options
15:44 cait so we can really focus on something new and not maintaining something that needs to be rewritten
15:44 ColinC and the old normal view wasnt tt to begin with it has a bad history
15:45 cait good point
15:45 kivilahtio I am 100% for deprecating the old view
15:45 cait i see a problem with features that rely on it - but those seem moslty limited to the result view
15:45 tcohen i've been playing (on vacations) with some routines that generate XSLT out of some stuff (like frameworks, authorized values, etc)
15:45 cait Opacpopuauthorssearch and highlightOwnitemsonopac specifically
15:45 kivilahtio tcohen: I agree, XSLT is really powerfull
15:46 ColinC i dont like xslt but it does what we need and removing the old normal view does clear things to develop something better
15:46 tcohen i plan to benchmark it, but if you look at the current code
15:46 Joubu Does someone can evaluate the remaining work before depracating the no-xslt view?
15:46 kivilahtio tcohen: much more that TT is
15:46 tcohen you will notice that there's too much ad-hoc code, for each MARC flavour, and it is really under-performant and little flexible
15:46 cait Joubu: hm do you mean patches still out there or the missing features?
15:47 Joubu both :)
15:47 kivilahtio :)
15:47 tcohen a solution based on XSLT that allows the user to build those XSLT's ina a sane/visual way could be a better option, for the future
15:47 kivilahtio wow wow
15:47 cait i haven't seen new patches for the normal view in a longer time, but we got the splitter :)
15:48 Joubu I am not sure to understand what is the goal to reach...
15:48 cait #action cait to update the list of depending bugs on the omnibus bug for deprecating non-XSLT views
15:48 cait i will try to
15:48 kivilahtio Joubu: simplify alternate branches. eg. normalize the program flow?
15:49 Joubu yes but as cait said, there are no patch for the normal view in the queue :)
15:49 kivilahtio I think that the important thing now is to deprecate the old view. and refatctor to XSLT as it is the easiest route to take and make real progress.
15:49 cait khall: around?
15:49 marcelr Joubu: can the HEA stuff tell you how many people use the non-XSLT view?
15:49 Joubu so it does not caused a lot of extra work of SO/QA
15:49 Joubu marcelr: yes
15:49 Joubu or at least, it could
15:50 kivilahtio marcelr: I don't think very many.
15:50 Joubu actually no
15:50 marcelr too bad
15:50 Joubu we don't track the xslt pref (because their values is a path)
15:51 cait ah
15:52 Joubu I am not saying I am against the idea, I am just trying to understand the benefit
15:52 Joubu I find the TT syntax more powerfull, in term of readability/maintainability
15:52 kivilahtio Joubu: agreed
15:52 cait I see it as an option to reduce the number of options
15:52 marcelr Joubu: some TT files are very unreadable
15:52 marcelr as well as some xslt files too
15:52 cait it's quite old code with lots of display issues - at least the detail page is
15:53 cait deprecating = we ae not going to fix it
15:53 Joubu marcelr: not too much in the bootstrap theme :)
15:53 oleonard ...unless you really hate my indentation choices :P
15:53 cait and they are totally out of sync
15:53 cait and won't get updated for RDA
15:53 kivilahtio out of sync indentation? where?
15:53 cait i see no point in keeping them
15:54 cait out of sync in what each displays show
15:54 cait the xslt show much more information and i believe are more accurate
15:54 Joubu oleonard: I don't care of the indentation :)
15:55 kivilahtio Joubu:  I do, and you should too :(
15:55 barton vote?
15:55 cait we said no vote on agenda
15:55 Joubu barton: there is no vote today
15:55 marcelr too early to vote now
15:56 cait i can post an email to the mailing list with problems identified if that would help start the discussion?
15:56 Joubu cait: could it be possible to know what is the remaining work and what do we want with the xslt views?
15:56 kivilahtio I guess we can agree that we need to deprecate the old view?
15:56 Joubu What about the translation, the different marcflavour files, etc.
15:56 cait translations work vrey well
15:56 cait we have only ever been using the xslt views
15:57 cait from the beginning
15:57 kivilahtio yes, translations work fine
15:57 cait i think last hackfest people wnated to work on the unimarc xslt views
15:57 cait i am not sure how the sttaus is for unimarc
15:57 cait but marc21 is a lot better than non-xslt
15:57 cait maybe that's a difference to consider
15:57 cait we could also check with magnuse about normarc
15:58 kivilahtio normarc is almost 100% with MARC1
15:58 marcelr probably most non-xslt users are on the unimarc side?
15:58 cait #info keep different marc flavours in mind for deprecation
15:58 kivilahtio marcelr: damn unimarc :)
15:59 marcelr you wanna deprecate that too?
15:59 barton ha!
15:59 kivilahtio I do
15:59 cait heh
15:59 Joubu I think we are using the xslt view at BibLibre
15:59 cait i think that's what gaetan_B said, but that there was not a good stndard one in Koha?
15:59 * cait tries to remember from last year - hope no misunderstanding
16:00 Joubu I don't know :)
16:00 gaetan_B the default unimarc xslt is pretty bad indeed
16:00 * gaetan_B kind of knows what he would like to do at the next hackfest, again
16:00 cait not so far away :) maybe we can work it out there
16:00 cait #info discussion to be continued
16:00 cait moving on?
16:01 cait #topic GRS-1 removal - comments only, no vote today
16:01 Topic for #koha is now GRS-1 removal - comments only, no vote today (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting, 21 January 2015)
16:01 cait tcohen: ?
16:01 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
16:01 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB build #222: FIXED in 1 hr 4 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]_U12_MariaDB/222/
16:01 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 12861 : Noisy warn in the error logs
16:01 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 12861: (follow-up) Noisy warn in error logs
16:01 jenkins_koha * Thomas: Bug 13584 - Able to view menu for Purchase Suggestions even when user does not have permission
16:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12861 minor, P5 - low, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , Noisy warns in C4/
16:01 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13584: (follow-up) Able to view menu for Purchase Suggestions even when user does not have permission
16:01 jenkins_koha * Abby: Bug 13587: Fix Authorised Values Toolbar
16:01 jenkins_koha * Fridolin Somers: Bug 11927 - Add gr install option
16:01 jenkins_koha * Fridolin Somers: Bug 11927 - Add greek chr lang_def file
16:01 cait heh jenkins!
16:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13584 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomsStudy, Pushed to Master , Able to view menu for Purchase Suggestions even when user does not have permission
16:01 jenkins_koha * Fridolin Somers: Bug 11927 - Add greek to word-phrase-utf.chr
16:01 jenkins_koha * Fridolin Somers: Bug 11927 - Small corrections on word-phrase-utf.chr
16:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13587 trivial, P5 - low, ---, abbyrobertson.student, Pushed to Master , Authorized Values toolbar missing '+' Icons
16:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11927 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , Add greek support to CHR
16:01 jenkins_koha * Olli-Antti Kivilahti: Bug 13025 - Software error: Undefined subroutine &C4::Circulation::HasOverdues called at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/ line 1925
16:01 jenkins_koha * Abby: Bug 7143: Adding releases to history file
16:01 jenkins_koha * Thomas: Bug 13582 - Able to view menu for Circulation History even when user does not have permission
16:01 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13582: (follow-up) Able to view menu for Circulation History even when user does not have permission
16:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13025 minor, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, Pushed to Master , Software error: Undefined subroutine &C4::Circulation::HasOverdues called at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/ line 1925
16:01 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 10606: Remove MySQLism in GetUpcomingDueIssues
16:01 jenkins_koha * Justin: Bug - 11345 - Self registration captcha
16:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7143 trivial, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Passed QA , Bug for tracking changes to the about page
16:01 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 13525 - Date sorting on accounts (fines) tab doesn't work correctly
16:01 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13001: Refactor VAT and price calculation - parcel page
16:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13582 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , Able to view menu for Circulation History even when user does not have permission
16:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10606 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , MySQLism in GetUpcomingDueIssues
16:01 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13001: The total for received order should be based on the unitprice
16:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13525 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Date sorting on accounts (fines) tab doesn't work correctly
16:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13001 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Refactor VAT and price calculation - parcel page
16:01 cait are you done now?
16:01 cait ok
16:02 cait can we agree on deprecating grs-1 in favor of dom?
16:02 kivilahtio YEESSSSS!!
16:02 tcohen GRS-1 removal depends on UNIMARC people
16:02 cait i am not aware of any problems with dom now and the nice new facets only work with it
16:02 tcohen GRS-1 has already been deprecated in 3.16
16:02 * cait seconds kivilahtio motion to deprecate UNIMARC then :P
16:02 TGoat joined #koha
16:02 tcohen and is in no-maintenance mode
16:02 marcelr i thought so too
16:03 cait right, we are talking about removing it
16:03 tcohen the only reason we keep it, is because some people still rely on it, because UNIMARC DOM was not complete
16:03 cait to simplify the search code
16:03 cait andmake it easier to fix that
16:03 Joubu tcohen: Is it still not complete ?
16:03 tcohen several things like availability filtering, could be easily fixed using DOM capabilities
16:04 reiveune bye
16:04 reiveune left #koha
16:04 tcohen Joubu: I don't use UNIMARC at all
16:04 cait #info grs-1 was already deprecated, this is about removing the code for it
16:04 tcohen I don't plan to raise a vote now, I'm just saying that many things would became easier, and better if we did
16:04 kivilahtio so UNIMARC people cannot migrate to the next Koha version? I think that might get them to fix those issues?
16:04 tcohen and we could think of removing it for the 3.20 release
16:05 tcohen and probably fix long-standing bugs that were difficult to fix for both GRS-1 and DOM without making the code worse
16:05 * barton is in favor of not making the code worse.
16:06 cait i can only see one open dom bug report right now that doesn't seem to be a new feature/improvement: bug 12948
16:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12948 minor, P5 - low, ---, z.tajoli, NEW , The language filter in advance search doen't work with DOM MARC21 - NORMARC
16:06 cait and that woudl be a really easy fix
16:06 * tcohen has the hidden agenda of making search results rendering faster
16:06 ashimema_ back
16:06 * ashimema_ reading up
16:06 cait ashimema you got an action item
16:07 cait Joubu: could you check if there are known issues with dom for unimarc?
16:07 cait or ask someone to?
16:07 cait i feel like by supporting less options testing and fixing will get a lot easier
16:07 kivilahtio cait: you got it there
16:07 cait and also the 'this works with this feature... but not if you are using...'
16:07 Joubu cait: I will try...
16:07 kivilahtio less is more :)
16:08 cait #action all think about problems with removing grs-1 - especially if you are using UNIMARC
16:08 cait keeping it general
16:09 cait moving on?
16:09 kivilahtio sure
16:09 cait #topic tarball vs. packages installations - how to keep them in sync, workflow discussion
16:09 Topic for #koha is now tarball vs. packages installations - how to keep them in sync, workflow discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting, 21 January 2015)
16:09 paul_p during my presentation of Koha 3.18 in Paris, 2 weeks ago, I said clearly that GRS-1 was deprecated and would be removed in 3.20
16:09 cait paul_p: yay :)
16:09 paul_p so OK for removing things. And if there are bugs to fix, we will fix them !
16:09 kivilahtio do we need to vote anymore :)
16:10 paul_p we plan to update BibLibre customers to 3.18 in late spring
16:10 cait similar here
16:10 bag yeah we are probably on that same path
16:10 cait we are also moving everyone to dom with that update
16:10 tcohen so, we can focus on DOM bugs
16:10 cait tests so far look good
16:10 bag right we've been pushing for dom and for bootstrap PAC only too
16:11 tcohen hi bag
16:11 bag so we've already moved a ton of partners to those two
16:11 bag heya tcohen
16:11 cait but actually
16:11 kivilahtio bag: Where do you come from?
16:11 cait we are talking about packages now :)
16:11 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
16:11 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U12 build #298: FIXED in 59 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Master_U12/298/
16:11 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 13525 - Date sorting on accounts (fines) tab doesn't work correctly
16:11 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13001: Refactor VAT and price calculation - parcel page
16:11 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 13001: The total for received order should be based on the unitprice
16:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13525 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Date sorting on accounts (fines) tab doesn't work correctly
16:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13001 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Refactor VAT and price calculation - parcel page
16:12 bag I come from my mom (Jane Gallagher)  - j/k  I'm in California
16:12 Joubu :p
16:12 tcohen :-P
16:12 kivilahtio bag: that's nice
16:12 cait tcohen: can you explain the topic?
16:12 kivilahtio bag: we have one thing in common
16:12 bag sweet yeah we've got most everyone on package
16:13 tcohen ok
16:13 tcohen there's usually a drift from one or the other
16:13 bag #info Brendan Gallagher - ByWater
16:13 barton tcohen: which tends to be ahead?
16:13 gaetan_B leaving for the train station, bye !
16:13 paul_p (same thing for bootstrap : I said to all french libraries that were at my demo, that 3.18 requires bootstrap)
16:13 tcohen I think the packages get most of the attention
16:14 tcohen I proposed (and couldn't send the patch yet) convergence of both
16:14 * bag sorry I am late
16:14 mario joined #koha
16:14 tcohen bug 11962
16:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11962 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, NEW , New 'cluster' install mode
16:15 tcohen so people can install from source having the same schema the packages have
16:15 tcohen but the current problem is methodological
16:15 tcohen and we can solve it enahncing the QA process for things touching configurations
16:15 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers - Biblire
16:15 barton tcohen: pardon me for being dense, but who uses koha tarballs, and why?
16:15 fridolin Biblibre
16:16 fridolin removing GRS1 is removing from installer no ?
16:16 fridolin old installs using it will not work anymore ?
16:17 tcohen barton: the main idea I had was simplifying the maintenance of install scripts
16:17 kivilahtio fridolin: if you dont upgrade them they do :)
16:17 fridolin ;)
16:18 fridolin since its zebra internal option, i think its yes
16:18 tcohen so generating a .deb, is just calling the correct install method on a chroot
16:18 tcohen instead of a normal install and lots of error-prone tweaking scripts
16:18 tcohen and it could also pave the way to supporting other distros
16:18 tcohen (if interested people fixes what needs to be fixed of course)
16:19 fridolin but i know DOM is better, we will have tests during hackfest to switch our installs little by little
16:19 tcohen anyway, I think the subject here is to send a message
16:19 tcohen that we should not provide patches that change configurations if we don't fix both install methods
16:20 tcohen put it like "the RM will reject patches that forget to fix both install methods"
16:21 tcohen fridolin: DOM is more flexible, and things like handling HTML entities for example is easier inside zebra
16:21 Joubu tcohen: could be great to have that on the wiki (guidelines)
16:21 tcohen but for now, we are trying to have functinal-parity
16:21 barton good idea, Joubu.
16:21 tcohen between both so people can definitely ju p into DOM ASAP
16:21 fridolin tcohen: ok thanks, I see we have changed the topic
16:22 kivilahtio speaking of Zebra. Is ElasticSearch-with-Koha dead and buried?
16:22 oleonard kivilahtio: It's not even born yet
16:22 kivilahtio oleonard: Someone was in labour
16:22 tcohen kivilahtio: that's another topic, following the next one
16:22 kivilahtio ok
16:23 tcohen ok, moving on?
16:23 tcohen #action tcohen will update the wiki so it mentions that patches touching configuration files should cover both install methods
16:23 barton seconded.
16:23 cait sorry got called away, back now
16:23 tcohen #topic Testing SIP
16:23 Topic for #koha is now Testing SIP (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting, 21 January 2015)
16:24 ashimema_ right.. I've cuaght up now..
16:24 tcohen it is a shame we have tests for SIP
16:24 kivilahtio ?
16:24 ashimema_ poo.. you moved on
16:24 kivilahtio you mean "shamefull tests" or "shame that we have tests"?
16:25 tcohen but no one knows how to set an environment to run them
16:25 tcohen or even have then run by jenkins
16:25 tcohen we need some volunteers
16:25 ashimema_ was going to say I don't think all the dev work in in the packages side.. i've found allot fot he installer templates have changed on the other side as aposed to he pacakges side.
16:25 ashimema_ colinc?
16:25 ashimema_ ColinC even
16:25 tcohen to take a look at how we did with t/db_dependent/www/search_utf8.t
16:25 kivilahtio tcohen: I think this borders on making integratons tests to emulate CGI-calls and TT processing
16:25 tcohen and write something similar to set an environment
16:26 tcohen kivilahtio: we do that, on t/db_dependent/www
16:26 ashimema_ I've just poked ColinC.. being SIP related
16:26 ColinC Problem is that there is a lot of stuff in the SIP tree thats just not integrated into Koha
16:26 kivilahtio Why is the SIP-tree so separated?
16:27 cait i think history - it was supposed to be shared
16:27 ColinC I think historically it was a dump of a development external to the Koha main tree
16:27 cait openncip project?
16:28 kivilahtio ok
16:28 ashimema_ ColinC.. did your patches to bring it more into the koha tree go anywhere yet?
16:28 ColinC You can still install the stuff under SIP seperately from Koha
16:28 ashimema_ I can't remember the state..
16:28 cait i found this:[…]-02/msg00000.html
16:29 ColinC Well there was a patch thats been sitting there to use the Koha perl lib tree thats the first one
16:29 Joubu http://openncip.cvs.sourceforg[…]wvc/openncip/src/
16:29 kivilahtio looking at  t/db_dependent/www/search_utf8, is there a database rollback here? Looks like the HTTP-requests  are just HTTP-requests to the web server and make DB changes?
16:29 ashimema_ bug 7904 was it?
16:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7904 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Needs Signoff , SIP modules handling of @INC is confused
16:29 ColinC Yes
16:30 ashimema_ tcohen.. perhaps that bug might help start the ball rolling on getting SIP tests worked through.. and better working of SIP in general..
16:30 ColinC It probably needs rebasing now but that was hopefully the first step to getting some integrated testing
16:30 tcohen kivilahtio: there isn't, well there's a delete of the imported batch at the end
16:30 ashimema_ can we beg anyone to have a play with it. signoff
16:31 kivilahtio tcohen: my idea was to emulate the CGI-interface. But I haven't had the time to look into the cpan's CGI-implementation
16:31 cait #info bug 7904 needs a sign off and might help getting better sip tests
16:31 kivilahtio then run's in an eval block
16:31 tcohen kivilahtio: that tests go through apache
16:32 tcohen and are run by jenkins
16:32 cait someone volunteering for testing?
16:32 cait keen on having an action item in the minutes :)
16:32 ashimema_ I could test.. but I'm also ptfs ;)
16:32 ashimema_ mit colin
16:32 ashimema_ I'de really like to see it tested though.. is a real step forward in my opinion
16:33 tcohen khall: volunteer?
16:33 khall sure!
16:33 ashimema_ hehe.. sorry khall ;)
16:33 khall heh, np!
16:34 cait #action khall to test bug 7904
16:34 cait moving on?
16:34 cait #topic Bugs
16:34 Topic for #koha is now Bugs (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting, 21 January 2015)
16:34 cait ok, giving htis not much time
16:34 cait we are over already :)
16:34 cait has osmeone prepared something?
16:34 marcelr_afk have to go; bye
16:35 Joubu yes, wait 2 sec
16:35 Joubu I didn't prepare, but I have 2 things
16:36 Joubu On bug 13606, I proposed to extend sessions.a_session from TEXT to MEDIUMTEXT
16:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13606 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Batch modification for records is limited to ~500
16:36 cait is that the right bug?
16:36 Joubu I don't find another way to do what I wanted, feedback welcomed :)
16:36 Joubu yes
16:36 Joubu I found the problem in production this morning (linked to bug 11395)
16:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11395 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Batch modifications for records
16:37 Joubu and the second one is bug 13601, a new one also
16:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13601 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Get rid of DateTime::Format::DateParse
16:37 Joubu It will introduce issue, I am pretty sure about that... But IMO it's the best way to catch bad date manipulation
16:37 ColinC I'll rebase bug 7904
16:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7904 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Needs Signoff , SIP modules handling of @INC is confused
16:38 fridolin FIY I've pushed a followup on 11927 to fix jenkins UT Search.t
16:38 Joubu (see comment 8 for 1 of the bad date manip I have found)
16:39 Joubu and the tax rewrite + enh are going to be signed off, I hope so. So QAers be ready :)
16:39 tcohen great fridolin
16:39 cait :)
16:40 tcohen :)
16:40 cait thx Joubu
16:40 cait anyone volunteering?
16:40 cait i will try to keep workin gon the tax patches
16:41 cait #action cait will try to keep working on the tax patche as they come into the qa queue
16:41 cait so... someone dates? :)
16:42 cait okok
16:42 Joubu something else: I am a bit afraid of the bug I found in QP : http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ember/041028.html
16:42 cait oh yes
16:42 Joubu I really don't know how debug this
16:42 Joubu to*
16:43 Joubu it's a quite simple query I tried, and does not work
16:44 cait :(
16:45 cait someone?
16:45 cait ok, we are way over our usual time
16:45 cait #topic big stuff we are working on
16:45 Topic for #koha is now big stuff we are working on (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting, 21 January 2015)
16:45 ColinC I tried using QP for something and it seemed not ready for use
16:46 cait we tried using it when it came in, but the bug about opacsuppression stopped us
16:46 cait it has been fixed since, but we haven't tried again
16:47 ashimema_ Joubu.. only person beyond jcamins that seems to understand qp at all is dcook
16:47 ashimema_ perhaps leave him a later?
16:47 Joubu ashimema_ : He answered me on the list :)
16:48 cait http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ember/041040.html
16:48 Joubu "I've been looking at this for hour[...]" :)
16:48 ashimema_ I was happy we fixed the opacsuppression piece too.. but also we've not had the confidence to switch to it...
16:48 Joubu hour*s*
16:48 ashimema_ i'm wondering if anyone out there is using it?
16:48 cait Hea? :)
16:48 ashimema_ HEA will be good.. but at the moment it's a bit limited cait..
16:49 ashimema_ only a few ptfs europe customers and a bunch of biblibre customers submitting data ;)
16:49 ashimema_ unless that's changed in the last few hours?
16:49 cait we still got to bring it to the newsletter
16:49 cait :)
16:49 cait ok, i think eythian is not here
16:50 cait so would people be ok with leaving elastic for the next meeting?
16:50 ashimema_ 54 of 58 have it disabled (the rest don't have it set at all ;) )
16:50 cait ashimema: not very encouraging
16:51 ashimema_ it's another of those we either need to adopt it or kill it..
16:51 Joubu There are 58 lib sending data :)
16:51 ashimema_ I'm not liking all these things sitting in the middle
16:51 ashimema_ :).. yeah.. that's a real improvment Joubu..
16:51 ashimema_ think it was 37 when I added ours to the list..
16:51 cait ashimema agreed
16:52 ashimema_ be good to get some older versions onboard soon
16:52 Joubu About ES: I have tested last week, but failed, I let a comment on bug 12478, I hope to get an answer soon to retest
16:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12478 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, NEW , Elasticsearch support for Koha
16:52 ashimema_ ooh.. cool.
16:52 ashimema_ Joubu++ #for testing
16:52 Joubu not so much...
16:52 cait @later tell eythian could you give an update on the elastic search work on bug 12478 please?
16:52 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
16:52 cait Joubu++ indeed
16:52 cait ok are we ok to end the meeting?
16:53 cait tcohen: when do you want the next one? :)
16:53 Joubu could be nice to have installation instructions to test it quickly
16:53 oleonard I wonder if ByWater will be encouraging their customers to submit data to Hea after upgrades to 3.18.x happen?
16:54 bag we will oleonard we will
16:54 oleonard So, lots and lots of new data could be on its way!
16:54 cait #info Hea: please think about adding your library/libraries
16:54 kivilahtio it's very good
16:54 kivilahtio it is verygood
16:55 cait so ending?
16:55 cait tcohen: 2 weeks? 4 weeks?
16:55 * cait thinks 2 weeks
16:55 cait so wednesday 4th
16:56 * barton agrees with cait.
16:56 cait vetos?
16:56 cait which time?
16:56 cait #action tcohen to set the time for the next meeting, suggestion is wednesday 4th
16:56 Joubu It's my birthday :)
16:56 cait oh
16:57 cait so better not?
16:57 cait #action tcohen to think about another date for the meeting to not collide with Joubu's birthday :)
16:57 cait #endmeeting
16:57 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.18.2 is released! Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | The next Koha General IRC meeting is 11 February 2015 at 19 UTC | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
16:57 huginn Meeting ended Wed Jan 21 16:57:32 2015 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
16:57 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-21-15.09.html
16:57 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]5-01-21-15.09.txt
16:57 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]21-15.09.log.html
16:57 cait sorry peeeps, but i have to go home!!
16:57 cait :)
16:59 Joubu cait, tcohen: No problem for Wed 4th :)
16:59 jcamins Whee! I'm a JavaScript!
17:00 barton jcamins: better be a JavaScript than a PostScript ;-)
17:00 cait lol
17:01 kivilahtio how about EcmaScript?
17:04 barton cait -- I didn't want to bring this up in the meeting because it was going long, but I would like to talk about re-writing notices -- could we add that to the agenda for an upcoming dev meeting?
17:04 barton there is this:[…]Notifications_RFC -- but it's out of date.
17:04 ColinC left #koha
17:04 laurence1 left #koha
17:05 cait barton: yes, I think inlibro was planning some new work - there are bugson the wiki
17:05 cait um bugzilla i mean
17:05 cait barton: there is also a trello for meeting ideas - i think tcohen can add you to that
17:05 barton k.
17:06 cait bascially what i wanted to say is 'yes'
17:06 cait :)
17:07 barton :-)
17:08 barton hm.. never played with trello before. that looks cool.
17:10 oleonard Play... trello... Now I'm picturing a combination trombone + cello.
17:10 barton heh.
17:11 barton celloon: cello + basoon?
17:12 barton ^^ definitely a woodwind.
17:13 oleonard Copyright that name before a hot new Silicon Valley startup takes it.
17:13 * cait thinks cello + balloon
17:18 cait left #koha
17:40 Callender joined #koha
17:51 cait joined #koha
18:03 * ashimema_ just got to grips with AnyEvent loops and non-blocking..
18:03 * ashimema_ is happy about that
18:09 cait ashimema:did youfix your earlier javascript prob?
18:22 fridolin see u
18:22 fridolin left #koha
18:49 jcamins ashimema_: I'm a JavaScript!
18:50 jcamins ^^ poor scoping leading to multiple invocations of a single callback
18:50 ashimema_ huh
18:50 ashimema_ your confusing me now jcamins
18:51 jcamins ashimema_: tcohen said I was too asynchronous.
18:51 ashimema_ haha..
18:51 ashimema_ indeed.. you are a JavaScript then ;)
18:51 jcamins I said a few hours ago "I'm a JavaScript."
18:51 ashimema_ I sorted that problem earlier btw
18:52 jcamins Since you are once again looking at non-blocking things, I thought I would demonstrate one of the dangers of non-blocking programming by repeating that. :)
18:52 jcamins How did you do it?
18:53 ashimema_ well.. I suggested that my colleague hack the template in a submittable way ;)
18:53 jcamins lol
18:53 jcamins Fair enough.
18:53 jcamins That's better than my solution.
18:53 ashimema_ so he's pulled out the javascript strings into variables.. liek we do in a huge number of other places..
18:53 ashimema_ then you can override them simple in opacuserjs
18:54 ashimema_ problem I found.. even with I think your solution, was that the functions were actually scoped a bit much
18:54 ashimema_ so I couldn't bind to them outside of the scope..
18:54 ashimema_ I think at least.. I didn't try too had once I came up with the var's solution..
18:54 jcamins Yeah, that's a much better solution.
18:54 ashimema_ he'll be submitting his patch later this evening hopefully.. thanks for teh hints though.
18:55 jcamins Though mine would've been funnier. :P
18:55 ashimema_ non blocking wise.. AnyEvent is cool
18:55 ashimema_ your indeed would ;)
18:55 jcamins "I wanted to change one word on the page so I hooked into all AJAX requests."
18:55 ashimema_ yeah..
18:55 ashimema_ not very nice ;0
18:55 talljoy joined #koha
18:56 ashimema_ i've built a inotify listener to create a fifo queue to process background borrower loads..
18:57 ashimema_ works beautifully.. and negate our needs for lots of nasty cron jobs that end up overlapping when customers want to do these loads really frequently
18:57 ashimema_ :)
18:57 ashimema_ thought that's the sorta geeky thing that might interest you ;)
18:57 jcamins Very nice!
18:57 ashimema_ I'de still prefer to have restufll api's though.. that would be even nicer..
18:58 * jcamins is implementing pubsub for Angular.
18:58 ashimema_ pubsub..
18:58 ashimema_ ooh.. cool
18:59 ashimema_ hmm.. is that not already in Angular/?
18:59 ashimema_ i.e.
19:00 jcamins ashimema_: not that I can identify.
19:00 jcamins And the pubsub module I found doesn't seem to be much used.
19:02 ashimema_ $broadcast.. isn't that a pub/sub system?
19:02 ashimema_ (assuming pubsub means publish/subscribe..?
19:02 jcamins That's what I'm using for pubsub.
19:02 jcamins But I need a nice service that allows me to just do "PubSub.subscribe(topic, function () { ... });"
19:03 ashimema_ then events that listen to the broadcasts?
19:03 ashimema_ oh I see..
19:04 ashimema_ so your implimenting some nice sugar on top :)
19:04 ashimema_ cool
19:04 jcamins Right.
19:04 ashimema_ I use broadcasts and events in my OAuth like authentication system in our angular app..
19:04 ashimema_ works really nicely..
19:04 ashimema_ that and localstorage to keep the token accross page refreshes
19:04 ashimema_ :)
19:07 ashimema_ interesting.. just looking back over my code.. it's pretty darn close to what your describing..
19:07 ashimema_ vm.$on(event:topic, function() { ... });
19:08 ashimema_ where vm = $scope; (or $rootscope if your into that sort of thing ;) )
19:08 ashimema_ anywho.. i best goo cook tea
19:08 ashimema_ good luck jcamins
19:10 ashimema_ random restful best practice question.. when doing a 'PUT', ie an update call.. should one still put the entire object, or just the changed fields plus identifier?
19:10 ashimema_ what do you think?
19:10 ashimema_ wondering how to implement my api..
19:11 ashimema_ i'm moving toward the latter.. saves data flow
19:16 jcamins I think usually it's entire object.
19:16 jcamins But I'm actually not sure.
19:17 jcamins ashimema_: yeah, the problem with just using vm.$on is that subscribers might arrive late to the game.
19:18 jcamins Though maybe I don't care...
19:18 * jcamins realizes he doesn't need to care, actually.
19:30 rangi morning
19:31 aleisha joined #koha
19:33 rangi bwahaha
19:34 oleonard rangi: ?
19:34 oleonard And hi
19:35 rangi hi :)
19:35 rangi incoming email on the mailing list
19:36 rangi well there's a couple of them in fact
19:38 rangi incorrect photo one, when that gets through is my fave email of the week
19:39 cait hm?
19:39 cait morning rangi
19:39 rangi someone has run into the isbn has been reused problem
19:39 cait i don't follow yet :)
19:39 rangi i think its still churning its way through
19:40 oleonard rangi: How much time do you have to spend each day approving messages for the list?
19:40 rangi 10-15 mins
19:40 rangi for all the people who post too big messages, or too many recipients, or arent subscribed to the list
19:41 rangi (then all the spam too)
19:41 cait that's a lot of time
19:42 rangi it adds up
19:42 rangi an hour or 2 a week
19:45 oleonard Thank you for doing it rangi
19:45 rangi no worries
19:46 bag rangi++
19:47 rangi i think ive stopped whatever was hitting bugzilla crazy hard and making the dashboard etc die now too
19:47 cait yay!
19:50 rangi hmm the photo one must have got jammed up
19:50 * oleonard curses the tubes
19:50 rangi but yeah it was an isbn for an out of print book, is now showing an image for another book that now uses that isbn
19:50 rangi and they were asking how to change it
19:50 rangi and i got nothing for them there
19:51 oleonard I didn't know they re-used ISBNs
19:51 cait i think it's probably by error
19:52 rangi they aren't supposed to
19:52 rangi its kinda the whole point
19:52 rangi but yeah when they ran out before switching to isbn13
19:52 rangi they did reuse some
19:53 rangi The reason this occurs is usually pretty simple, and it’s not our fault.  Sometimes publishers print the same ISBN on more than one of their publications.
19:53 rangi ISBNs are supposed to be unique to one edition of a particular title, but irritatingly, it’s actually quite common for publishers to accidently give the same ISBN to two different books.
19:54 oleonard And catalogers add multiple ISBNs to records which refer to specific editions
19:55 rangi yep
19:55 * oleonard flees
19:57 rangi check this out
19:57 rangi[…]cr_pr_product_top
19:57 rangi[…]ens/dp/0943161851
19:57 rangi from the same publisher even
20:05 jenkins_koha Starting build #609 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:05 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #609: SUCCESS in 2 min 40 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/609/
20:06 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: add StaffSearchResultsDisplayBranch
20:06 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: update z search images and labels
20:06 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: update z search image for authorities
20:17 nengard left #koha
20:19 jenkins_koha Starting build #610 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:19 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #610: SUCCESS in 1 min 21 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/610/
20:19 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update images for adding a vendor
20:35 TGoat joined #koha
20:39 jcamins rangi: ooh, books I know!
20:39 rangi :-)
21:06 edveal joined #koha
21:11 amoore joined #koha
21:17 amoore Hello. My library has books and the CDs that accompany them cataloged separately and the library workers keep forgetting to check-out and include the CDs when a student checks out a book. Is there a way to link these two items and alert the worker, or is there a better solution to the problem?
21:18 NateC joined #koha
21:19 cait you could use the $3 field
21:19 cait materials i think it's called
21:19 cait to add a pop up on returning/checking out the book with a note
21:20 amoore Thank you cait! :)
21:20 cait it's nothing that will block, but to give a visual clue
21:20 ashimema_ cait++
21:21 cait ashimema: should you be here this time of the day? :)
21:23 cait eythian: around? :)
21:24 BobB joined #koha
21:25 ashimema_ yes miss
21:25 ashimema_ i probably should not
21:25 ashimema_ i got distracted by non blocking io :)
21:26 ashimema_ but on that note.. i aught to go sleep...
21:26 * ashimema_ just alikened sleep to a blocking action... definitely time to sleep
21:26 ashimema_ night cait
21:27 cait night ashimema
21:27 cait and book the hotel!
21:27 cait :)
21:27 bag rangi: how did the academy go?
21:27 cait bag: did you book the hotel for marseille or do i have to bug you too? :)
21:27 bag cait: we got an apartment
21:28 cait oh cool
21:28 rangi bag:[…]yst-academy-2015/
21:28 cait they were super busy
21:30 bag thanks rangi
21:30 bag nice hockey sweater
21:37 eythian hi
21:37 rambutan strange looking penguin
21:38 rambutan thought it was the seattle seahawks at first
21:40 bag rambutan: rangi is a pittsburg fan for most american sports
21:41 bag until I truly have time to tell him about the benefits of being a new york mets baseball fan ;)
21:42 rambutan Dallas for real football, Green Bay too.
21:42 bag New England all the way :)
21:44 rambutan I hear they deflate their baseballs up there.
22:00 eythian cait: oh, hi. I was around, but I was reading the meeting.
22:00 magnuse bag: HI - see you in marseille!
22:01 cait just wanted you to see the later, but as you are reading the meeting you already know :)
22:01 eythian my head is full
22:02 eythian I think everyone wants something from me today :)
22:05 eythian also, that was a long meeting.
22:06 cait yep
22:06 cait and mythird today
22:08 eythian fun times
22:10 dcook I don't know why, but reading "you could use the $3 field" made me think "you could use the 3 dollar field"
22:10 bag magnuse: can't wait dood
22:11 eythian dcook: I didn't think that :(
22:11 bag well eythian++
22:11 eythian dcook: that says to me I've been starting at MARC too much
22:11 dcook Imagine... charging for library standards
22:11 * bag respects all that you do - do
22:11 eythian -t
22:11 dcook eythian: Could be, eythian. Could be.
22:12 * dcook , after reading the scrollback, makes a note to not pester eythian today
22:13 ngourlay joined #koha
22:33 eythian bag: you, you about?
22:33 eythian *yo, you...
22:34 eythian[…]-provisioning-api <-- bag, this might be relevant to your interests
22:34 bag yes eythian
22:34 bag sweet :)
22:34 eythian <-- bag, here is it working
22:35 eythian going to spend some time this arvo prepping it for upstream
22:37 BobB hi bag, eythian, dcook
22:37 dcook hey BobB
22:37 bag hey BobB
22:37 eythian hello BobB
22:37 BobB others as I scroll back further :)
22:38 * dcook needs to get into the habit of saying "arvo"
22:38 BobB another beautiful day in the Emerald City, dcook
22:39 BobB always nicer on our side of the harbour, of course  :)
22:39 dcook Hehe. I imagine!
22:40 BobB bag I'll do that change now
22:44 eythian[…]qdw2l3o1_1280.jpg
22:44 eythian <-- Picture of a Mountain Gorilla right before he punched the photographer
22:45 cait night all
22:45 eythian bye cait
22:45 eythian wah<tab> ... damn
22:46 wahanui joined #koha
22:46 eythian wahanui: status
22:46 wahanui Since Wed Jan 21 22:46:40 2015, there have been 0 modifications and 0 questions.  I have been awake for 12 seconds this session, and currently reference 41528 factoids. Addressing is in optional mode.
22:47 eythian wahanui: welcome back
22:47 wahanui I was trapped in a maze of twisty, turny passages, all alike.
22:48 dcook eythian: That mountain gorilla picture is rad
22:51 alvet joined #koha
23:21 eythian[…]-number-two/41327
23:22 wizzyrea oh. my.
23:26 papa joined #koha
23:27 bshum joined #koha
23:28 kmlussier joined #koha
23:30 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary