IRC log for #koha, 2015-01-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:10 mario left #koha
00:13 dcook Oh wow...
00:14 dcook eythian: where do you find this stuff?
00:14 wahanui stuff is working quite well... ... But not ready for production at the moment. or in xslt
00:14 dcook Actually, I'm not sure I want to know...
00:14 eythian dcook: I have my sources
00:14 dcook Evidently!
00:14 eythian[…]58052413517877248 <-- wow
00:18 dcook[…]halifax-1.2921220 <-- yikes
00:22 dcook O_o
00:49 BobB hi folks
00:49 BobB I have an Overdrive question
00:49 wizzyrea no guarantees, but you can ask :)
00:50 BobB We've found that a Koha user can borrow from Overdrive even if they type their password incorrectly
00:50 BobB has anyone seen that?
00:50 wizzyrea that sounds like a bug in SIP.
00:50 BobB so they get the user name right, but the pw wrong
00:50 BobB How crazy is that?
00:51 BobB but if its a SIP bug, shouldn'
00:51 BobB t it fail every time, not succeed every time?
00:51 eythian heh
00:51 eythian you haven't seen the latest sip bug
00:52 wizzyrea ^
00:52 BobB ?
00:52 * BobB shudders at what might be coming
00:52 eythian it causes some strange authentication things to happen
00:52 wizzyrea what he said.
00:52 wizzyrea so, the answer is, yes, it is known.
00:52 BobB now this is in 3.14.6
00:53 eythian I don't know when it came about
00:55 BobB hmm, its not obvious which bug.  This one?
00:55 BobB[…]_bug.cgi?id=13432
00:55 huginn Bug 13432: normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , SIP Server does not respect timeout setting
00:56 BobB ah, of course
00:56 BobB and its status?
00:57 BobB if it needs a patch, can we help?
00:58 eythian it's bug 12126, but most people can't see it as it's a security issue
00:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12126 is not accessible.
01:00 BobB thx eythian
01:08 rocio left #koha
01:17 JoshB joined #koha
01:29 BobB_ joined #koha
01:32 eythian dcook: bug 13607
01:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13607 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, ASSIGNED , Patron management API
01:38 dcook Cool. Needs sign off, eythian?
01:38 eythian if you like :) I'm in the process of porting my internal documentation/specification to the wiki.
01:38 dcook Well, I was more so curious as it still said assigned :)
01:39 dcook Crazy busy at the moment..
01:39 dcook Hopefully less busy soon..
01:40 eythian ah right.
01:40 eythian yeah, I'll switch it over when I've written everything up
01:54 eythian woo, submitted upstream
01:55 alvet_ joined #koha
01:56 wizzyrea I am always impressed by what people do when they are given the time/money to do things properly.
01:56 wizzyrea *smart people
01:57 Callender_ joined #koha
01:58 dbs joined #koha
01:59 dcook wizzyrea: word
02:00 dcook I don't know if that's an appropriate moment for me to say:
02:00 dcook "I was wondering for a few seconds why my website wasn't loading... then I remembered that I wasn't forwarding the right port..."
02:00 dcook I suppose I often say what's on my mind though... :p
02:02 dcook Hmm, although that only looks like half the problem..
02:04 BobB joined #koha
02:06 misilot joined #koha
03:28 rocio joined #koha
03:29 rocio left #koha
04:10 JoshB joined #koha
05:18 papa joined #koha
05:19 papa joined #koha
06:01 eythian @wunder nzwn
06:01 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 18.0°C (6:30 PM NZDT on January 22, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 59%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
06:02 mtj hiya eythian
06:02 eythian hi mtj
06:02 mtj its quite nice out there, atm :)
06:03 eythian it is
06:03 mtj a long day for you, huh
06:05 eythian a bit, got my API finished though, so that's nice.
06:05 eythian about to head off soon.
06:05 mtj ES api?
06:05 eythian no, user provisioning.
06:06 eythian ES is mostly all I have to work on for the next while
06:06 mtj aah, thats new to me ^
06:06 eythian bug 13607
06:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13607 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , Patron management API
06:06 mtj ..sounds like good place to stop tho :)
06:07 eythian yeah :)
06:08 mtj wow, looks awesome
06:08 mtj thats going to make many people very happy :0)
06:09 eythian I hope so
06:10 eythian we have a client who is going to make their membership management system talk to koha to populate user detail.
06:12 JoshB joined #koha
06:13 eythian bye all
06:13 * eythian &
06:26 cait joined #koha
06:43 cait joined #koha
06:43 cait morning #koha
06:56 dcook MUahahahaha
06:56 dcook Hi cait :)
06:56 dcook Hehe
06:56 dcook "* eythian &"
06:56 dcook Love it
06:59 cait hi dcook
07:00 dcook The "MUahahahaha" was due to figuring out my proxy config issue...
07:00 dcook :)
07:06 mtj hi cait, dcook
07:07 cait hi mtj
07:07 cait sorry, still waking up
07:15 JoshB joined #koha
07:22 laurence joined #koha
07:25 dcook Ok, I think it's about time to roll out!
07:30 * magnuse waves
07:30 dcook hola magnuse
07:30 dcook au revoir tout le monde
07:31 magnuse have fun dcook
07:33 marcelr joined #koha
07:34 marcelr hi #koha
07:37 reiveune joined #koha
07:38 reiveune hello
07:38 wahanui privet, reiveune
07:56 dcook Ok, actually going now :p
08:00 alex_a joined #koha
08:00 alex_a bonjour
08:07 mtj hi all, i've rencetly discovered some important 'ajax circ' patches , for 3.16...
08:07 mtj recently
08:07 mtj my plan is to apply those patches 1st, for the 3.16.7 release
08:08 mtj just a heads up... :0)
08:09 fridolin joined #koha
08:13 fridolin hie all
08:14 mtj ..the patch set has many merge conflicts for 3.16, so i need to correct these patches manually
08:15 mtj because of this, its safer/better for me to apply them 1st, before other patches
08:16 alex_a joined #koha
08:16 mtj more info in the revert commit ->[…]64698d59f5fa687d2
08:18 mtj hiya fridolin :)
08:19 fridolin hie mtj
08:20 mtj fridolin: i think my 3.16.7 release wont be ready until monday
08:20 fridolin mtj ok, you think we should synch the release ?
08:21 fridolin the releases
08:21 wahanui i think the releases is the type
08:21 mtj i dont mind, either way...
08:22 mtj ..but i will feel bad to ask Bernardo to build new .PO files for me, twice  :/
08:24 paul_p joined #koha
08:24 mtj i think no need to synch releases
08:24 ashimema :qmorning #koha
08:25 paul_p good morning everybody
08:25 mtj fridolin:  i am still abit unsure of parts of the release process
08:26 Joubu hello #koha
08:26 fridolin mtj I will be too busy monday
08:26 mtj ..mostly around dates and email/communication details
08:27 fridolin i propose to release tomorow
08:27 mtj ok, no probs
08:27 mtj i need to test all my circ fixes, before i release
08:28 magnuse test all the fixes!
08:29 mtj better to release 3.16.7 late, with tested circ patches - than to release on time.. but with no fixes
08:32 ashimema ooh..
08:32 * ashimema just saw eythians patrons api
08:32 magnuse yeah eythian++
08:32 ashimema i've been meaning to do somthing similar for ages
08:32 ashimema never had the time though:(
08:33 magnuse and now you can find the time to qa it instead :-)
08:33 * magnuse was just working on a script to sync in some patron data
08:34 magnuse s/just working/just about to start working/
08:34 ashimema is it submitted?
08:34 ashimema oh yeah..
08:34 ashimema i hadn't read down that far yet
08:35 ashimema and the bug is already commented by Joubu
08:40 Joubu ashimema: I just hope I am wrong, but at the first glance, it does the same thing as koha-restful, released something like 18months ago
08:40 ashimema but koha-restful was never submitted into koha core
08:40 ashimema ;)
08:40 ashimema as much as I would have liked it to have been.
08:41 Joubu it's open source and we accept pull-requests :)
08:41 Joubu and it could be submitted, if someone wanted
08:41 ashimema indeed... but it's a further tool to install..
08:41 Joubu hum, it's a git clone, yes
08:41 ashimema i've always been of the opinion that koha should have a full restful api built in.
08:42 ashimema i.e no further tools required.. thus ruling out koha-restful ;)
08:42 ashimema I do like koha-restful.. don't get me wrong.. but I want koha itself to have it
08:42 ashimema comments.. should the delete routine be attached to a http DELETE rather than a http POST ?
08:43 ashimema I think so.. but would like to hear opinions
08:43 Joubu I am just thinking it's too bad to develop the same thing several times, when there are as many things to do
08:44 Joubu ashimema: yes of course it should
08:44 ashimema mmm.. it's a shame koha-restful didn't get the attention and get proted into koha..
08:44 ashimema having said that.. I probably would do things differently ;)
08:45 cait joined #koha
08:45 ashimema I've done allot of API programming lately and have learnt allot regarding rest
08:46 * cait waves
08:46 ashimema personally.. I would use json encoded body's to transmit borrowers.. not query params
08:46 ashimema makes for muhc simpler reading of the api ;)
08:47 ashimema I'm much more of a fan of posting objects than of making a uri really unreadable and long ;)
08:47 magnuse that does sound like a valid point, yes
08:47 magnuse how does the rest of svc do things?
08:47 ashimema it's a really mixed bag..
08:48 ashimema I'd like some clear guidelines personally ;)
08:48 magnuse that's less than ideal...
08:48 ashimema to prevent it gettting any more messy
08:48 ashimema my api's these days are really restfull.
08:48 magnuse maybe biblibre could submit koha-restful and we could have a discussion on which way to go?
08:49 ashimema i.e I use PUT, POST, DELETE and GET apropriately.. I use json bodies for posts and puts, and return json bodies for gets
08:49 ashimema I think there are a few technologies in koha-restful that would prevent it going in..
08:49 ashimema :(
08:50 ashimema I'de like to see pianohackers Koha::Service module added and for our work to be based on that..
08:50 ashimema it's adds a much needed base framework to build api's on top
08:50 Joubu magnuse: Unfortunately there are not enought resources on Koha at the moment to submit koha-restful
08:50 Joubu (at BibLibre)
08:50 magnuse should we create svc2 then, to be based on Koha::Service and with the things that ashimema just listed?
08:50 ashimema I've used it for the ILL work.. and our Cash Management work.
08:50 magnuse ashimema: used what?
08:50 ashimema Koha::Service
08:50 magnuse ah
08:51 cait sounds like we shoudl work on getting this in
08:51 cait early
08:51 cait so that your other work is not blocked by it
08:51 ashimema hense why I really want to submit pianohackers patch on his behalf..
08:51 ashimema he seems to have gone awol again ;)
08:51 cait awol?
08:51 magnuse it happens
08:51 magnuse pianohacker?
08:51 wahanui I HATE XML
08:51 ashimema[…]66a70ef5233fe9642
08:52 ashimema see the Koha/ .. the rest of the commit is additional cruft
08:52 magnuse AWOL is an acronym for "absent without leave" or "absent without official leave"
08:52 ashimema awol = Absent Without Official Leave
08:52 ashimema lol
08:52 magnuse jinx?
08:52 cait thx :)
08:52 cait have you tried emailing him?
08:53 ashimema yup
08:53 cait hm the drojf is awol too
08:54 cait ashimema: no answer? not good
08:54 magnuse ashimema: have you asked bag?
08:55 ashimema not yet.. that was my next avenue
08:55 magnuse worth a try
08:57 ashimema indeed
09:01 magnuse did pianohacker say he was going to marseille?
09:01 magnuse @seen pianohacker
09:01 huginn magnuse: pianohacker was last seen in #koha 1 week, 1 day, 11 hours, 27 minutes, and 28 seconds ago: <pianohacker> oh hi wizzyrea!
09:05 * ashimema feels mean now..
09:05 magnuse why?
09:06 ashimema just posted a comment on the bug.
09:06 ashimema[…]_bug.cgi?id=13607
09:06 huginn Bug 13607: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , Patron management API
09:07 magnuse ashimema: good comments, methinks
09:07 cait ashimema: does it make you feel better when it ell you that i feel mean lots of times after a comment? ;)
09:08 ashimema :)
09:10 * ashimema feels like he's turning into a grouch
09:11 ashimema there's moe and more patches I look at these days and wish I could ask them to start again on.. we seem to constantly be adding to the technical debt without ever really thinking it through :(
09:11 * ashimema will stop the moaning now
09:13 * cait hands ashimema the cookie jar
09:13 magnuse ashimema: a very good point, i think
09:15 ashimema I can fully understand the constraints and reasons behind allot of it.. but as a community I think we need to really start asking ourselves more questions about how we want contributions to work.
09:16 ashimema So long as we keep allowing new things in that build upon the mountain of debt we won't ever get it under control... it's a really hard call to make though.. our biggest contributors are also our biggest proponents of it.. as support companies we all have strict deadlines and budgets to meet..
09:16 cait i thik the problem is that we have programmers all over the world with different skill levels and backgrounds
09:16 cait it's hard to make us all 'do the same thing the same way'
09:17 ashimema I don't know the answer.. I don't know how other open source communities manage it either
09:17 cait which is sometimes good... and sometimes not so much
09:17 magnuse all true
09:17 ashimema totally true cait.. but actually I think the bigger issue is the time and money problem..  aong with a distinct lack of cross company communication
09:18 ashimema which is deffo getting better.. slowly but surely
09:18 cait yeah gettig better,b ut small steps and big demands
09:18 cait that's why meeting like marseille are so important
09:19 magnuse so ideally we could/should discuss and decide on some rules for the rest api, then create e.g. svc2 based on those rules, and then in a couple of years deprecate the existing svc?
09:19 ashimema That's what I'd love to see magnuse
09:20 cait it makes sense
09:20 ashimema the awesome thing about koha::service is that it's entirely testable :)
09:20 Joubu mv svc mvc_legacy; mkdir svc
09:20 Joubu svc_legacy*
09:21 ashimema koha::service and koha::service::route are both pm's and do all the work.. thus are fully testable :)
09:21 * Joubu should buy new fingers...
09:21 cait Joubu: do you know if there is a google spreadsheet yet for marseille?
09:21 cait we coudl add topic ideas :)
09:21 ashimema Joubu++
09:21 ashimema I like that idea.. move svc to svc_legacy.. that wouldn't be a big patch.. and it would really encourage people to move to the new rather than sticking to the old.
09:22 Joubu cait: no yet
09:22 cait need to have a new one first
09:23 * magnuse would be worried about breaking existing integrations, but would not object too loudly :-)
09:23 Joubu cait: "tomorrow, I promise" said paul_p
09:23 magnuse would definitely be a good topic for marseille
09:23 magnuse hehe
09:23 Joubu paul_p: :p
09:23 cait :)
09:23 ashimema I'de be interested to see whose using /svc outside of internal koha scripts
09:23 Joubu you don't have the choice anymore ;)
09:24 cait we have a thing using the catalouging things
09:24 cait ...
09:24 cait adding ILL records and items to koha
09:24 cait but that's not in production yet and we would move it to a new api i think
09:28 magnuse trouble is, someone needs to take that time to create that svc2 api...
09:28 ashimema the choice is there.. if you really don't want to move forward you can switch to using svc_legacy.. but it's an active decision this way..
09:29 magnuse ashimema: does pianohackers work start to implement a new api on top of koha::service?
09:32 ashimema it does.. but I think that's why it's not yet submitted..
09:32 ashimema I'd split his work into lots of bugs..
09:32 ashimema one for the base class, Koha::Service.. and one for each of the svc1 -> svc2 updates
09:32 ashimema and I'de be happy to get going on that too ;)
09:33 ashimema Joubu suggested we form a group and talk about this in Marseille.. agree a way forward and pin down some guidlines..
09:33 ashimema I tihnk that's a great plan :)
09:33 * magnuse agrees wholeheartedly
09:33 ashimema :)
09:33 * cait agrees too
09:34 bensinober joined #koha
09:34 cait but let's try and involve the others too, that cannot be there
09:34 cait ins ome way
09:34 magnuse sure
09:34 magnuse heia bensinober
09:34 ashimema yeah.. I was going to suggest an open video conf or somthing
09:34 ashimema could use ptfs-europes go to meeting if there's nothing else available :)
09:34 bensinober hi, couldn't stay out of this discussion ;)
09:34 cait bit hard to get a good time for nz :(
09:35 ashimema hi
09:35 magnuse what good has nz ever done for koha? ;-)
09:36 bensinober I had a chat with pianohacker a while ago on irc on his Koha::Service work
09:37 bensinober seems a very good idea indeed, and much of the same as Joubou has been doing, methinks?
09:37 bensinober they even share credits in the code
09:37 ashimema 8pm marseille time would be 8am nz time.. that could work..
09:38 bensinober anyway, we at Oslo Public Library are currently using koha-restful in our work, but would gladly help in a mutual effort on a merged service API
09:38 cait ashimema: so you have to persuade someone with a key to stay that long heh :)
09:38 ashimema Koha::Service is good indeed.. it's re-inventing the wheel a bit as there are libraries out there that do the same thing.. but this doesn't add any further dependencies to koha.. so i'de be happy with it.
09:39 ashimema indeed.. cait.. I would ;)
09:39 magnuse or just get an ethernet cable out a window before the door is locked, and we could do it outside :-)
09:40 bensinober ok, I thought it was a move from C4::Service, haven't looked properly into it
09:42 ashimema it's good bensinober :)
09:42 ashimema basically it adds the nice routing stuff from things like ruby on rails, mojolicious, dancer
09:43 magnuse bensinober: definitely sounds like you need to come to marseille (and bring the opl credit card, if you can :-)
09:44 magnuse bensinober: did pianohacker say anything about submitting his work?
09:44 bensinober if ever there was one ... ;)
09:44 atheia joined #koha
09:44 bensinober good, a sound RESTful api should have support for HEAD requests and content negotiation and such
09:45 ashimema I'de be happy to do another shibboleth with the Koha::Service stuff.. ie shamelessly steal all the patches and post them up with the right accrediations to the original authors.. and fix all the bugs as I go along with followups from me :)
09:45 ashimema that worked well with shibboleth ;)
09:46 Joubu Nobody at BibLibre asked or paid bensinober to say that ;)
09:47 ashimema I fully agree on that ;)
09:47 Joubu afaik :)
09:47 cait i think that#s good, we have some agreement here
09:47 cait (even if i have no idea about HEAD requests :) )
09:47 cait so... work group in Marseille?
09:47 cait or can we start before and have patches for review/testing?
09:48 bensinober ashimema: pianohacker has submitted a bug but I believe his code is mostly at github
09:48 bensinober[…]commits/bug-12272
09:48 ashimema the code is all on github..
09:48 ashimema but there's nothing in the bug.. not even a link to the github ;)
09:49 ashimema i've based a few devs on his github work already ;)
09:49 ashimema adding the HEAD supoprt is somtihng that needs dowing to Koha::Service.. that's not there yet ;)
09:50 cait dowing?
09:51 * magnuse would encourage ashimema to "do another shibboleth" then
09:51 magnuse bug 12272
09:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12272 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, NEW , Refactor C4::Service API into Koha::Service class
09:53 bensinober hear,hear!
09:54 magnuse is there another dev meeting planned?
09:55 cait i suggeted a day
09:55 cait but was hoping tcohen would set the time
09:56 cait i will try to remind him?
09:56 magnuse * ACTION: tcohen to set the time for the next meeting, suggestion is
09:56 magnuse wednesday 4th  (cait, 16:56:56)
09:56 magnuse * ACTION: tcohen to think about another date for the meeting to not
09:56 magnuse collide with Joubu's birthday :)  (cait, 16:57:30)
09:56 magnuse goody
09:57 Joubu 4th is fine for me :)
09:57 magnuse maybe we could do a wiki page with suggestions for guidelines for the new api, and then discuss it at the next dev meeting?
09:58 magnuse and then get some work done befoe and during the hackfest?
10:01 ashimema sorry.. was in a call
10:01 ashimema bakc now
10:01 ashimema sounds good to me magnuse..
10:02 ashimema cait.. dowing.. not sure how i typo'd there.. should have been 'doing'
10:03 ashimema content-negotiation is already partially done.. in that you can ask for json or xml or whatever as your response..
10:03 ashimema things like negotiating what language the result it in is a bit more difficult..
10:03 ashimema also.. we're not zipping the bodies or anything clever like that yet.. but that's not a big deal.. yet
10:04 ashimema cati.. a 'HEAD' request means give me the response of a GET request, but don't bother sending me the body (i.e main content).. bascially it's for testing that resources exist and checking that the headers are correctly set before asking for the whole page load
10:04 ashimema can't say I've ever used it.. but certainly worth trying to sell to us at the dev meeting if you have a use for it bensinober
10:05 * magnuse starts work on a wiki page, to collect all the links etc
10:08 ashimema cool.. magnuse++
10:08 ashimema stick this down as one reference:[…]matic-restful-api
10:08 ashimema it's a great little article
10:09 ashimema other thing we need to do is ensure we have good documentation for the api.. probably accessible from an api route in koha itself.. much like ils-di
10:11 bensinober as ashimema says, HEAD is more a discovery design, along with OPTIONS, for requesting API information on what is supported, etc
10:11 bensinober definitely not first priority, but useful
10:12 ashimema ooh.. i've never used OPTIONS either.. that one is a new one on me..
10:12 ashimema sounds like a nice idea though
10:13 bensinober short explanation: https://blog.safaribooksonline[…]ead-options-rest/
10:14 magnuse it's a start:[…]/New_REST_API_RFC please feel free to edit, clarify, add alternate proposals etc
10:28 ashimema joined #koha
10:29 magnuse there, i also took the liberty of creating[…]g_4_February_2015 and adding the REST API RFC to the agenda
10:29 magnuse not sure if the other items under can/should be removed or not, so i left them in
10:31 magnuse rest api rfc is[…]/New_REST_API_RFC
10:31 magnuse rest api rfc?
10:31 wahanui rumour has it rest api rfc is[…]/New_REST_API_RFC
10:32 ashimema nice work magnuse
10:42 alvet joined #koha
10:45 bensinober good work, magnuse!
10:46 bensinober are there any kohastructure.sql experts out there?
10:47 magnuse bensinober: ask your real question and you will see :-)
10:48 bensinober we are experiencing issues with mysql > 5.6.21 which introduces strict mode as default, and there is a NOT NULL reference in biblioitems.marcxml
10:50 bensinober the AddBiblio module adds to this table in several steps, but mysql will fail if marcxml is null
10:51 bensinober meaning: I'm not sure why this is NOT NULL in the first place
10:52 magnuse does the biblioitem get created with an empty marcxml, and then the marcxml is added later or something?
10:52 bensinober yes
10:52 bensinober so: i've created a bug:[…]_bug.cgi?id=13523 which will include a patch to remove the NOT NULL in the scheme
10:52 huginn Bug 13523: major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , AddBiblio fails on mysql with STRICT_TRANS_TABLES
10:53 ashimema magnuse.. I've just bulked out your wiki page a little..
10:53 ashimema whilst it was in my head ;)
10:55 magnuse ashimema: excellent!
10:59 * magnuse wanders off in search of lunch
11:36 saa joined #koha
11:37 saa i am trying to hide borrower unwanted fields
11:37 saa i am selecting altcontactfirstname | altcontactsurname
11:37 saa but still these fields are visible
11:37 saa hw to achieve this
11:51 cait try without the blanks
11:53 saa yes managed
11:53 saa one more query
11:54 saa when for non english characters when search is carried out it retrieves several other records
11:54 saa what could be the reason
11:55 cait hm non-latin scrpts?
11:55 saa yes
12:05 cait ah sorry saa
12:05 cait got distracted
12:05 saa ok
12:05 cait i think you want to look for 'icu indexing'
12:05 saa hw can i check that
12:05 cait and how to activate that for your installation
12:05 cait it depends a bit on how you installed koha, it requires some actions on server side if it wasn't set up with icu to begin with
12:06 cait but that will make search for non-latin scripts work :)
12:06 cait and there is a page on the wiki that might be helfpul
12:06 cait if you look for ICU
12:06 saa oh ok
12:06 saa let me check with koha wiki
12:07 cait hm i need an oleonard
12:18 jcamins Ooh, is there more than one now?
12:19 cait jcamins: ?
12:19 ashimema joined #koha
12:20 jcamins cait: "an" oleonard.
12:21 cait oh
12:22 cait well in case there are multiple, i would be happy with one
12:26 Joubu Does someone use debian squeeze?
12:26 Joubu if yes, you should have a look at bug 13610
12:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13610 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , crashes on debian squeeze
12:27 jwagner joined #koha
12:40 ashimema_ joined #koha
12:48 meliss joined #koha
12:51 marcelr Joubu: is it something with perl 5.10 ?
12:51 Joubu marcelr: I don't know
12:51 Joubu or DBI
12:52 tcohen joined #koha
12:55 Joubu marcelr: I have just submited a very simplistic script to reproduce the problem
12:55 marcelr i was/am curious about the underlying cause
12:56 tcohen morning
12:56 marcelr hello tcohen
12:56 Joubu It's about transaction and DB connexion share by C4::Context and Koha::DB
12:56 cait hi tcohen
12:56 Joubu shared
12:56 marcelr yes
12:56 tcohen Joubu: most db_dependent tests fail on Debian 6
12:56 collum joined #koha
12:57 tcohen because of that
12:57 tcohen don't they?
12:57 Joubu tcohen: do you know why?
12:57 Joubu Did you already investiguate?
12:57 Joubu perl version? DBI version? DBIC version?
12:57 tcohen DBIC version
12:58 tcohen galen was convinced it only affected the tests
12:58 Joubu it also affects scripts using transaction
12:58 Joubu at least bulk_marc_import (I suppose) and delete_patrons
13:00 oleonard joined #koha
13:02 Joubu IMO the commit should be reverted on 3.18.x
13:02 marcelr you should probably do the same on master then
13:03 tcohen I'm trying to find it
13:03 tcohen khall knows
13:03 Joubu tcohen: see bug 13610
13:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13610 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , crashes on debian squeeze
13:03 Joubu I explained all what I know
13:03 khall what does I know?
13:04 Joubu [troll] marcelr: except if we decide not to support squeeze for 3.20 anymore
13:04 marcelr probably not :)
13:05 oleonard Hi #koha
13:05 Joubu But if we have choose DBIC and it's buggy on squeeze... It will be hard to move forward
13:05 tcohen we shouldn't
13:05 Joubu chosen*
13:06 Joubu tcohen: naive question again: why?
13:06 tcohen khall, do u remember that bug you discussed with gmcharlt about DBIc that made the tests fail for Squeeze because of the DBIc version? you proposed a patch to revert something and galen said it would have performance consecquences
13:07 khall hmm, let me see what I can recall
13:07 khall I do recall that some unit tests were failing because the dbi handle and the dbic handle were separate
13:07 khall I then submitted a patch to use the dbi handle for dbic, but galen wanted to go the other way around ( using the dbic handle for dbi )
13:08 khall however, galen never got around to writing a patch to do that ( and all my attempts failed )
13:08 khall thus, my patch to use dbi for dbic was pushed
13:08 khall I think that's not the case we are looking at though, I think what you are talking about was at a later date
13:08 khall and I do remember that updating dbic fixed it
13:09 marcelr so it is the dbic version on squeeze?
13:09 khall the is very likely
13:09 khall s/the/that
13:09 tcohen yes, I asked robin to backport it
13:09 marcelr Joubu: you should check that dbic version
13:09 khall[…]_bug.cgi?id=12472
13:09 tcohen but he wouldn't find the time
13:10 huginn Bug 12472: normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, RESOLVED INVALID, Unit Tests failing with "MySQL server has gone away"
13:10 khall found it! ^
13:10 tcohen khall++
13:12 chris_n` joined #koha
13:12 Joubu $ perl  -u | grep DBIx
13:12 Joubu DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader                   0.07000 *         0.07039                 Yes
13:14 Joubu $ pmvers DBIx::Class
13:14 Joubu 0.08123
13:16 Mahdi joined #koha
13:17 Joubu quick check: Kyle's patch (12472) fixes the problem
13:17 tcohen root@koha-jenkins-d6:~# pmvers DBIx::Class
13:17 tcohen 0.08123
13:17 tcohen root@koha-jenkins-d6:~# pmvers DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader
13:17 tcohen 0.07000
13:18 Joubu tcohen: you should have the same problem as me. You can check you the simple script I submit on bug 13610 (second one)
13:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13610 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , crashes on debian squeeze
13:18 Joubu with*
13:49 edveal joined #koha
13:50 JoshB joined #koha
13:57 cait @wunder Konstanz
13:57 huginn cait: The current temperature in Bodensee Konstanz City, Konstanz, Germany is 1.5°C (2:57 PM CET on January 22, 2015). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 80%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
14:05 cait is everyone gone now? :)
14:06 ashimema oleonard about?
14:06 talljoy joined #koha
14:06 oleonard Yes
14:07 ashimema do you happen to konw of any examples of bootstrap progress bars in koha opac..
14:07 ashimema I can't get one to work for me..
14:07 ashimema as in.. I can't even seem to get a static one to show :(
14:07 ashimema following the markup in here:
14:07 ashimema any thoughts?
14:07 cait hm don't knwo of one
14:08 ashimema also.. have we hacked out the sr-only class>
14:08 oleonard I've never used it. If you're trying to add it to the Koha OPAC and it's not working it's probably because the component isn't included in the OPAC's Bootstrap files
14:08 ashimema ahh.. I see..
14:08 oleonard sr-only?
14:08 ashimema I assume we've built our own bootstrap package then.. (I should probably know that)
14:09 ashimema sr-only (means display only for screen readers)
14:09 ashimema works in combination with the aria-* stuff
14:09 oleonard ashimema: I probably haven't communicated well enough about how I went about it. I used Bootstrap's download customizer to select relevant components
14:10 ashimema I see..
14:10 ashimema so what would your advice be on adding components?
14:10 cait hi oleonard - do you have a moment?
14:10 oleonard First... sr-only looks like it might only be in Bootstrap 3? Are you sure you're working with the correct version?
14:10 ashimema oh yeah.. so it is.
14:11 * oleonard would accept donations towards the Upgrade the OPAC to Bootstrap 3 project ;)
14:12 * oleonard would require that someone donate hours to add to his day
14:12 cait code donations? chocolate? :)
14:12 cait oh that's difficult
14:13 NateC joined #koha
14:13 ashimema that's better..
14:13 ashimema the api in bootstrap 3 changed
14:13 ashimema it's progress-bar-* in 3, and bar-* in 2.3
14:13 ashimema ack.. my bad
14:17 oleonard ashimema: What are you wanting to use the progress bar for in the OPAC?
14:18 ashimema i'm not strictly using it to show progress ;)
14:18 ashimema adding a jQuery based passwrod strength feedback.
14:18 ashimema based on:[…]ify#documentation
14:21 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:25 oleonard ashimema: I haven't looked at the code, but I wonder if it would be difficult to grab the Bootstrap requirements piecemeal instead of rebuilding the whole library
14:26 oleonard The old Bootstrap download customizer isn't even available anymore
14:30 nengard joined #koha
14:30 Mahdi joined #koha
14:46 JesseM joined #koha
14:55 BigRig joined #koha
15:09 Mahdi joined #koha
15:39 ashimema yeah.. it turns out what I need is there oleanard ;)
15:39 ashimema yeah.. it turns out what I need is there oleonard ;)
15:42 rocio joined #koha
15:48 laurence joined #koha
16:01 TGoat joined #koha
16:02 Mahdi joined #koha
16:06 reiveune bye
16:06 reiveune left #koha
16:11 fridolin left #koha
16:14 talljoy joined #koha
16:24 cait left #koha
16:31 Mahdi joined #koha
16:34 edveal joined #koha
17:09 laurence left #koha
17:17 tcohen joined #koha
17:37 oleonard I thought there was a bug report for removing YUI js from basketgroups, but I can't find one.
17:38 oleonard Must have been one of those mental-only bug reports.
17:47 oleonard Bug 13614
17:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13614 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Replace usage of YUI on basket groups page
17:52 Mahdi joined #koha
18:04 atheia left #koha
18:10 oleonard So many changes in the patch for Bug 12807, but no apparent interest from the author in providing follow-ups to make it work.
18:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12807 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jseppal, Failed QA , Rotating Collections Enhancements
18:13 Mahdi joined #koha
18:21 wnickc joined #koha
18:40 Mahdi joined #koha
18:44 tcohen joined #koha
18:56 Mahdi joined #koha
19:14 tcohen joined #koha
19:22 tcohen hi
19:29 tcohen mtj
19:29 tcohen mtj-
19:31 tcohen @seen rangi
19:31 huginn tcohen: rangi was last seen in #koha 22 hours, 2 minutes, and 50 seconds ago: <rangi> bag:[…]yst-academy-2015/
19:31 Mahdi joined #koha
19:32 rangi hey tcohen
19:33 NateC joined #koha
19:41 rangi mtj you about?
19:48 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13609: Cross Site Scripting problem in authority search result list paging <[…]5c7e872d5e980a5e9> / Bug 13510 : Fixing the third XSS issue <[…]2032a19596eb7cd57> / Bug 13510 - Cross site scripting bug in opac-downloadshelf and opac-shelves <http://git.koh
19:57 rangi release day
19:57 rangi its always busy
20:03 barton magnuse: I've been playing with kohadevbox. Impressive piece of work.
20:06 new2Koha joined #koha
20:09 aleisha joined #koha
20:09 wizzyrea magnuse++ kohadevbox is pretty great.
20:11 rangi magnuse++
20:27 magnuse ooh, thanks folks!
20:34 magnuse barton: i'm just standin on the shoulders of giants
20:40 edveal joined #koha
20:41 rangi and released
20:43 magnuse rangi++
20:46 barton magnuse: if I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders ;-) ;-) ;-)
20:46 magnuse i'll have to figure out a workaround for bug 13431 before i can upgrade, though
20:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13431 critical, P5 - low, ---, abl, Needs Signoff , Shared FastMmap file causes issues
20:46 magnuse barton: lol
21:09 pianohacker joined #koha
21:11 magnuse kia ora pianohacker!
21:11 magnuse we were talking about you earlier today
21:13 magnuse and specifically about your plans for bug bug 12272
21:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12272 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, NEW , Refactor C4::Service API into Koha::Service class
21:13 pianohacker hi magnuse :)
21:13 magnuse it resulted in a REST API RFC
21:13 magnuse rest api rfc?
21:13 wahanui i think rest api rfc is[…]/New_REST_API_RFC
21:13 pianohacker oh, cool. When did that happen?
21:13 eythian hi
21:14 magnuse there is a link to the discussion at the top of that wiki page
21:14 pianohacker excellent! Looks very good. Thanks magnuse
21:14 magnuse eythian: you might want to look at that rfc too :-)
21:14 magnuse pianohacker: ashimema was on the brink of submitting the code you have on github on your behalf, i think
21:15 pianohacker perfectly fine by me. I've been putting in about 5 hours a week this semester and last, so my bugs have all been moving very slowly
21:16 magnuse pianohacker: maybe tell ashimema it would be ok in a @later or smething?
21:16 pianohacker magnuse: good idea
21:16 * magnuse knows that feeling of moving slowly
21:17 magnuse pianohacker: did you say you are coming to marseille, or am i mixing people up?
21:17 pianohacker @later tell ashimema because I am responding to bugs at a snail's pace, I am 100 percent okay with you submitting bug 12272 on my behalf. The main thing stopping me from doing so was writing tests, I believe
21:17 huginn pianohacker: The operation succeeded.
21:18 pianohacker magnuse: no, unfortunately :/ my spring break doesn't line up with it as beautifully as last year
21:18 pianohacker this is the last time that will be a problem, though :)
21:19 magnuse dang and yay :-)
21:20 Callender joined #koha
21:21 pianohacker magnuse: exactly my feelings
21:23 eythian magnuse: are you attempting to document that something should happen in a different way to what I did it, after I submitted mine? That's a little unfair! :)
21:23 tcohen joined #koha
21:23 eythian also, that can't handle my case exactly as written.
21:30 magnuse eythian: yeah, my goal was to pull the rug out from underneath you ;-)
21:31 magnuse please feel free to add to the rfc as necessary - i was just trying to collect the ideas that surfaced
21:32 eythian I'm not sure of the consensus of using HTTP verbs in general. I thought I'd heard it was generally not desirable.
21:33 eythian oh, apparently I'm wrong on that.
21:33 magnuse hm, i thought that was the rest way to do things...
21:34 eythian yeah, I just asked in another channel, and apparently it is for rest.
21:34 magnuse but i don't have very strong opinions on it
21:34 eythian I do have no idea how to handle them in CGI though
21:38 magnuse neither do i
21:38 magnuse i think ashimema might have some ideas though
21:40 eythian when we eventually get to the point of placking everything 100% of the time, we can also then move to other frameworks that'd make that sort of thing easier (dancer, for example.)
21:40 eythian Which I guess is why koha-restful is fairly separate.
21:43 cait joined #koha
21:43 cait hi #koha
21:44 magnuse kia ora cait
21:45 eythian hi cait
21:50 tcohen hi
21:50 * cait waves
21:51 cait tcohen++ rangi++ Joubu++ wizzyrea++
21:51 cait did i forget someone?
21:51 cait most likely
21:51 wizzyrea wha?
21:51 wnickc don't forget cait++
21:55 wizzyrea yeah, cait++
21:55 cait hmf
22:08 carmen joined #koha
22:17 nengard left #koha
22:31 tcohen_ joined #koha
22:35 dcook eythian: I think you can access the HTTP verbs using the CGI module
22:35 dcook I looked into it a while ago when there was more API talk on the listserv, but I can't recall now..
22:36 dcook Mmm, maybe not that well though..
22:38 dcook Huh... apparently Apache sets the environmental variable REQUEST_METHOD
22:38 dcook Anyway... *goes back to doing stuff*
22:39 eythian oh, useful
22:40 dcook This might be useful as well:
22:40 dcook Fairly old but...
22:40 dcook Apparently CGI isn't so great with "PUT" though
22:40 dcook I think I figured out the whole PUSH vs PUT debate a while ago but now I can't recall it at all
22:42 eythian think of PUT as the opposite of GET
22:42 eythian whereas POST is for sending some information
22:42 dcook Yeah, I think that's how I've thought about it, but people have confused it out in the wild, me thinks
22:42 dcook So that they use POST for the opposite of GET and the sending of some information
22:43 dcook I think that koha-restful either doesn't use PUT or uses PUT when it should use POST. I can't remember.
22:43 dcook I think I commented somewhere about that..
22:50 dcook Oh my... the vet's phone system has troubles
22:50 dcook The hold music became a bit demonic
22:50 dcook And not in the black metal way :p
22:50 BobB joined #koha
23:07 BobB joined #koha
23:07 tcohen_ joined #koha
23:07 Callender joined #koha
23:07 pianohacker joined #koha
23:07 aleisha joined #koha
23:07 talljoy joined #koha
23:07 BigRig joined #koha
23:07 JesseM_away joined #koha
23:07 chris_n joined #koha
23:07 ashimema joined #koha
23:07 bensinober joined #koha
23:07 misilot joined #koha
23:07 dbs joined #koha
23:07 kmlussier joined #koha
23:07 bshum joined #koha
23:07 kivilahtio joined #koha
23:07 pastebot joined #koha
23:07 Joubu joined #koha
23:07 irma_ joined #koha
23:07 irma joined #koha
23:07 sijobl joined #koha
23:07 rangi joined #koha
23:07 paxed joined #koha
23:07 khall_away joined #koha
23:07 magnuse joined #koha
23:07 ribasushi joined #koha
23:07 jeff_ joined #koha
23:07 sophie_m joined #koha
23:07 mbeaulieu joined #koha
23:07 alohalog` joined #koha
23:07 druthb_away joined #koha
23:07 barton_away joined #koha
23:07 thd-away joined #koha
23:07 wizzyrea joined #koha
23:07 fredericd joined #koha
23:07 jajm joined #koha
23:07 liw joined #koha
23:07 KotH joined #koha
23:07 nlegrand joined #koha
23:07 gmcharlt joined #koha
23:07 matts_away joined #koha
23:07 bag joined #koha
23:07 mtj joined #koha
23:07 mtj- joined #koha
23:07 RowdyChild|Away joined #koha
23:07 eth0__ joined #koha
23:07 ibeardslee joined #koha
23:07 cjh_ joined #koha
23:07 clrh joined #koha
23:07 jcamins joined #koha
23:07 slef joined #koha
23:08 TGoat joined #koha
23:30 papa joined #koha
23:33 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary