IRC log for #koha, 2014-12-17

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 Pabloab Sorry, I mean $record = $batch->first(), or start()
00:01 rangi right
00:01 hanthana joined #koha
00:01 rangi this is outside of Koha right, just using MARC::Batch
00:02 Pabloab Exactly, but to import into Koha next!
00:09 rangi you'd probably have to implement that method yourself then
00:11 rangi it uses MARC::File::USMARC
00:11 rangi in the back
00:12 rangi which uses MARC::File
00:13 rangi so you'd have to write a start method if you wanted to use it
00:14 Pabloab Yes. I'm trying to find a workaround to avoid doing that
00:16 rangi unfortunately I don't think there is one
00:17 rangi $fh = eval { local *FH; open( FH, '<', $arg ) or die; *FH{IO}; };
00:17 rangi its just a plain old filehandle under the hood
00:19 rangi in theory
00:19 rangi you could use seek
00:19 rangi seek $fh, 0, 0;
00:22 rangi so in theory
00:23 rangi seek $batch->{file}->{fh}, 0, 0;
00:23 rangi you could try that in your script see if it works
00:23 rangi btw how is buenos aires today ? :)
00:28 Pabloab Not so humid and hot as some days ago :)
00:29 Pabloab Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at ... I'm looking for a concatenation issue
00:30 eythian Pabloab: why do you need to not open it again?
00:33 Pabloab foreach record on a $batch1 I need to roll over $batch2, $batch3... I suspect if I open files from batch2, 3, n on every batch1 loop I will add a lot of overhead... Im I wrong?
00:34 eythian well, your tradeoff is necessarily memory or processing.
00:34 Pabloab (yes, I notice my English is awful.. certainly always too late :/)
00:34 eythian You can either store everything on the first pass, or you can re-scan the files.
00:35 eythian If everything can stay in memory, then put them there, if not, you're stuck with reopening.
00:37 Pabloab I was trying to rescan the files but without reopening, just something like seek $fh, 0, 0 as rangi told. Maybe I have no choice.
00:38 eythian you can do that, but I expect it'll make little difference.
00:38 eythian you've probably spent more time trying to work out the fastest way than it would take between the best and worst ways :)
00:39 rangi :)
00:40 dcook hehe
00:41 eythian wahanui: optimisation is <reply>Rule 1: don't optimise. Rule 2: (for experts only) don't optimise yet.
00:41 wahanui OK, eythian.
00:41 dcook I was just going to look if that quote was already there :p
00:41 * dcook is guilty of trying to over-optimise things from time to time :/
00:43 rangi[…]ift-surprise.html
00:44 dcook Ooo
00:45 Pabloab  Probably :P Okey, I'll do the nasty way, now that you say so I feel better :)
00:45 rangi :)
00:47 dcook hehe
00:47 dcook efficiency?
00:47 wahanui efficiency is really important for anything circ related
00:47 dcook efficiency is also
00:47 wahanui okay, dcook.
01:04 Pabloab Thanks a lot rangi, eythian!
01:04 rangi no worries
01:05 Pabloab 1.1 seconds/record ... I'll try next with a ramdisk
01:08 eythian it's probalby the parsing of the MARC that's the expensive bit, timewise.
01:17 rangi that sounds plausibl
01:17 rangi e
01:21 rangi i call this
01:21 rangi working with marc records
01:21 rangi
01:27 dcook Hmm, that was creepy.
01:27 dcook I make a FB post about measuring twice and cutting once, and now Youtube is showing my carpentry ads.
01:28 dcook Poor mascot :(
01:44 jcamins Huh. This is weird.
01:45 jcamins NYTProf results: GetSubscriptionFrequency is getting called 20k times when viewing a serial.
01:59 jcamins Does anyone around have a 3.16+ server with a subscription that works?
02:01 * dcook doesn't have any 3.16+ servers atm
02:02 * jcamins is regretting having a 3.16.x server.
02:08 dcook 3.16.x certainly seems to be having issues :(
02:09 jcamins dcook: unfortunately, it was nothing sufficiently obvious for me to spot it when I was testing.
02:10 jcamins However, I figured it out.
02:32 Pabloab joined #koha
02:40 dcook hidden?
02:40 wahanui hidden is
02:40 dcook Dang... thought that might happen
02:40 dcook forget hidden
02:40 wahanui dcook: I forgot hidden
02:40 dcook hidden?
02:45 dcook hidden is
02:45 dcook hidden?
02:45 wahanui rumour has it hidden is
02:45 dcook There. That should beat going into 3.8 every time I need to figure out what an integer means..
03:08 wizzyrea So. Who has simple patches that I can pass on to a blossoming kohacker?
03:08 wizzyrea or simple bugs.
03:16 dcook Ooo
03:16 * dcook should take a look
03:17 dcook one is a bit annoying to test unless a person is willing to do a non-git install too
03:17 dcook bug 13469 - simple patch but a bit of work to test
03:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13469 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Needs Signoff , Unapi path to XSLTs is wrong in OPAC
03:18 * dcook needs to learn how to butter up the QA team now..
04:31 wizzyrea cookies usually works.
04:32 dcook I suppose I should start baking!
04:33 Hayro joined #koha
04:34 Hayro joined #koha
04:51 dcook hidden?
04:51 wahanui hidden is, like,
04:56 Hayro joined #koha
06:02 cait joined #koha
06:30 ashimema_ joined #koha
06:30 ashimema_ morning #koha
06:30 cait morning ashimema :)
06:30 ashimema_ silly question.. anyone know if 3.18.01 is on track.. i've not seen any news on it yet.
06:58 laurence joined #koha
07:09 mtj ashimema_:[…]security-release/
07:10 mtj ..was released on dec 10th
07:11 ashimema_ indeed..
07:11 ashimema_ I meant 3.18.02 in that case.
07:12 ashimema_ (in my mind the current 3.18.01 should probably have been
07:12 ashimema_ being a rushed in security release... or at least that's what I thought was meant to happen ;)
07:20 mtj ah right... afaik, a dec 22nd release is happening for all branches
07:22 ashimema_ that's the one I was talking about :)
07:22 ashimema_ I have a fair few bugs in my queue that I'de like to see in that release and am wondering how to help move them forward..
07:22 ashimema_ anywho.. breakfast time for me
07:41 reiveune joined #koha
07:41 reiveune hello
07:46 alex_a joined #koha
07:46 alex_a bonjour
07:47 drojf joined #koha
07:47 drojf good morning #koha
07:53 sophie_m joined #koha
07:54 ashimema_ can anyone direct me at joubu bugzilla patch analysing tool?
07:54 ashimema_ I can't remember the URL and can't find a link to it anywhere.
08:01 Joubu ashimema: ?
08:02 Joubu and hello :)
08:06 shalom joined #koha
08:11 drojf oh there is a meeting today?
08:11 drojf how come both times are ok for europe? does that work for everybody else?
08:13 shalom Has the meeting started?
08:14 drojf no in 45 minutes
08:14 shalom all right :)
08:15 ashimema thanks Joubu
08:22 cait joined #koha
08:26 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:27 gaetan_B hello
08:27 wahanui what's up, gaetan_B
08:34 sachin joined #koha
08:34 sachin need help in autobarcode generation
08:34 sachin we are not able to generate auto barcode when uploding via marc file
08:35 cait sachin: it's probably nto implemented to do that
08:36 sachin means
08:37 cait that it's not possible
08:38 sachin so how will i be able to upload so many books without barcode
08:38 cait i think you would have to set the barcode pre-upload
08:38 cait or import them with an empty barcode and then try to update via sql/reindex or manually.
08:39 sachin sql/reindex ? could u guide
08:39 sachin as manually it would be tough
08:43 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
08:43 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berolinastr., Berlin-Mitte, Berlin, Germany is 2.1°C (9:40 AM CET on December 17, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: -0.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Steady).
08:45 cait sorry sachin, i have something time critical to do right now
08:47 sachin sql/reindex ? can anyone guide
08:47 sachin thats fine @cait
09:02 thd Is there a meeting now or should I be asleep?
09:07 thd Is this the wrong hour at the wrong time of year for people to be on #koha for a meeting?
09:14 cait sorry yes
09:14 cait we have a meeting
09:14 cait should we start now belated?
09:15 cait someone here?
09:15 ashimema hello
09:15 cait meeting now?
09:16 ashimema I'll be multi-tasking as I have two meetings at once going on here..
09:16 * cait jumps up and down and waves her arms
09:16 ashimema but I'm about and will be watching adn commenting when my brain allows it.
09:16 ashimema anyone else about.?
09:16 cait ok, so let's try this
09:16 drojf oops where did the time go
09:16 cait #startmeeting Koha General IRC Meeting, part1
09:16 huginn Meeting started Wed Dec 17 09:16:54 2014 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
09:16 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:16 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part1)
09:16 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'koha_general_irc_meeting__part1'
09:16 drojf ha you have not started^^
09:17 cait sorry for the dealy, i was doing some tricky sql updates (end of year things in acq)
09:17 cait forgot the time a bit
09:17 cait #topic introductions
09:17 Topic for #koha is now introductions (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part1)
09:17 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
09:17 cait please introduce yourself with #info
09:17 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin
09:17 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany
09:18 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City - via California for the next 10 days
09:18 drojf that's a small meeting :D
09:18 cait we could hold the meeting in german
09:18 cait ah, maybe not then :)
09:19 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre
09:19 cait I think ashimema will probably be back once i change topic :)
09:19 cait #topic Announcements
09:19 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part1)
09:20 cait I can see a note from chris_n on the wiki
09:20 drojf oh we could have tried this as a video conference to test my webinar server ;)
09:20 cait but i think the issue has been resolved since
09:21 cait #link agenda[…]_17_December_2014
09:21 cait #info bug 10821: For all interested parties, the fix for this has been applied in Library::Callnumber::LC
09:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10821 major, P1 - high, ---, cnighswonger, CLOSED WONTFIX, label pdf adding in strange breaking
09:22 drojf i assume voting up that bug requires a google account
09:22 drojf ah it's done already \o/
09:22 cait i think it's no longer necessary now
09:22 cait but it seems you need to be registered
09:22 cait #topic Update on releases
09:22 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part1)
09:22 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
09:22 cait any release maintainers awake and around?
09:23 cait from the info i have the releases are still scheduled to happen on 22nd
09:23 ashimema we can only hope ;)
09:24 cait and we had an unscheduled security release
09:24 cait release_maintainers++
09:24 cait #topic Discussion: Road Map for Koha
09:24 Topic for #koha is now Discussion: Road Map for Koha (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part1)
09:25 ashimema I like the idea of a Roadmap..
09:25 cait I think the goal was to discuss more about the contents this time
09:25 cait or the review bit for 3.18?
09:25 ashimema also happy to be not time baed.. just a sort of project directional aid
09:25 cait yeah i think general goals are good to write up
09:26 cait and update the status of them regularly
09:26 cait will people around now be able to make it to the second meeting tonight?
09:26 drojf i will probably
09:26 cait tonight/today
09:26 thd A roadmap of arbitrary depth and detail could be maintained easily in the wiki.
09:27 thd Maintaining a summary on the website would be a greater task and would necessarily be out of date.
09:27 cait yeah, I think the wiki will be a good place
09:27 ashimema hoepfully will be around
09:28 ashimema wiki++
09:28 cait as we are not so many people... maybe we can postpone deeper discussion to the second part today?
09:28 thd I think it would be better to point a roadmap page on the website to some suitable set of linked pages in the wiki.
09:28 ashimema agreed
09:28 cait #idea use the wiki, point from the website to the wiki - easier to keep updated
09:28 thd However, if anyone wants to maintain a summary on website, great.
09:29 ashimema wiki's can export to html given the right tools..
09:29 ashimema I'de maintain in the wikie and pull data from it on the website if it were me
09:29 cait #idea pull the data for the website out of the wiki
09:30 cait anything else?
09:30 thd ashimena: Certainly, however, the useful content for a summary from the wiki is liable to be multiple linked pages which may be different from the preferred presentation of a summary on the website.
09:31 ashimema yup.. hence there would need to be a small amount of manipulation website side..
09:31 ashimema I've done things like that before..
09:31 cait i think maybe a link to the wiki is all we need
09:31 ashimema grabbing links and trasnforming them into title for instance.
09:32 ashimema but a link is deffo suffice for the start
09:33 cait #idea use a link and leave content on the wiki
09:33 cait are we ok?
09:34 cait I will switch to the next topic
09:34 cait #topic Election: wiki curator
09:34 Topic for #koha is now Election: wiki curator (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part1)
09:34 cait #link[…]20_Thomas_Dukleth
09:34 thd A summary even from linked wiki pages might be created from a script but the effort is probably better applied to creating and maintaing useful content in the wiki.
09:34 cait agreed
09:34 ashimema ++
09:35 ashimema I've expressed my thoughts on the curator proposal discussion page.
09:35 thd I posted a list of candidates for holding the position collectively for the previous meeting.
09:35 cait thd: do you have a link or can repost?
09:35 ashimema I'de rather a more open procedure for chsooing extensions etc..
09:35 thd checking
09:35 ashimema[…]20_Thomas_Dukleth
09:36 cait I tend to agree, I am worried about missing security updates etc. it seems we already fell behind quite a bit
09:36 ashimema we are at .16.. mediawiki was at .22 last I looked
09:36 cait maybe it's worth taking the chance to simplify our setup a bit
09:36 ashimema .24 in fact
09:37 ashimema I also tend to feel we're over complicating the wiki.. I've been wanting to nuke half the extensions for a long time now
09:37 thd We have very good backups in version control.
09:37 cait #info a discussion has been started on the wiki -[…]20_Thomas_Dukleth
09:37 thd Do we actually have many extensions?
09:38 thd I suspect that most people want more extensions.
09:38 cait I think while some of them are generally useful, we might not make use of them
09:38 thd The problem with updating is that it breaks things unless planned carefully.
09:38 ashimema we have like 6 category based extentions..
09:39 ashimema that make adding/editing the wiki plain hard.
09:39 ashimema We're using postgres, which isn't well supported by mediaiwiki or it's extensions either..
09:39 thd ashimena: Some work together with dependencies.
09:39 ashimema which is one of the issues preventing easy upgrades
09:40 ashimema personally.. I would remove all the category extensions..
09:40 ashimema and then choose a elected set to use
09:40 thd Upgrades are not prevented.  Upgrades require planning and testing.
09:40 ashimema removing the ability to add categories in the markup is a step backwards
09:41 ashimema they are prevented.. as they're in the hands of one or two people with no time..
09:41 thd We did that once without planning and testing and then I had to spend some days fixing things.
09:41 ashimema hense planning and testing is prevented..
09:41 ashimema I would prefer this convesation took place with more parties..
09:41 cait I think that's where being closer to a standard version could help us - making updates easier
09:42 ashimema I'm not against you here thd.. but I think we have very differeing opinions which could do with someexternal thoughts going forward
09:42 thd The implementation is under git  version control for which anyone can obtain a copy.
09:42 cait I am helping to maintain our dokuwiki here - and moving away from our customizations have helped a lot to increace maintainability
09:42 thd Thus, anyone could test.
09:42 ashimema that's not public knolledge as far asI'm aware
09:43 drojf not being familiar with the technical aspects of our wiki, what customisations are we talking about?
09:43 thd gmcharlt, might need to facilitate some access as it is hosted at Equinox.
09:43 cait #link[…]
09:43 cait we culd put the information there
09:44 thd We had previously used DokuWiki.
09:44 cait #idea add information about installed plugins, changes to standard wiki to the wiki
09:45 thd The problems that had is with no authority control over suggesting categories most content had no categories and could not be found systematically.
09:45 cait thd: i know - just using it as an example. We encourage people to not change koha in ways that hinder update, but we seem to do just that with our wiki
09:45 thd The "cumbersome" category extensions make content findable in a systematic manner.
09:47 thd Yes, a burden is added to the user when creating a new page.  However, every later user of the page benefits from the initial effort.
09:47 ashimema ack.. my other call is getting busy..
09:47 ashimema dropping out again for a bit.
09:47 ashimema sorry
09:47 cait I think there are some valid concerns here - maybe we should gather some more info and try to rethink this together?
09:48 thd Mostly, maintenance has been neglected.
09:48 thd That is significantly my fault but I know how to remedy the situation.
09:49 cait I think the idea we propose is mostly making this more easy in the future
09:49 cait time is the single resource we never have enough of
09:49 cait more important than funding or anything else I think
09:50 thd The wiki should have content linked from the front page explaining good use and its advantages as I did for the former wiki before we lost that to PTFS/LibLime trouble.
09:50 thd s/did/had created/
09:50 cait I think we should not create too many rules/barriers
09:50 thd They were never rules.
09:51 jransom joined #koha
09:52 thd The only rule that might be enforced is assigning at least one category to a newly created page to keep it from becoming lost.
09:52 cait i hop this didn't come across too negative - I appreciate that you want to take this on and hope we can have some discussion on how without being discourating
09:52 thd I had taken it on in the past.
09:52 thd Most of my work on the former wiki is sadly lost.
09:53 thd I also pushed for MediaWiki over DokuWiki.
09:54 thd The choice of wiki software was meant to be a contest.  However, LibLime took down the earlier DokuWiki wiki which had held most all of the content at the time.
09:54 drojf do we have usage statistics for the wiki? like, how people actually use it? maybe it's just me, but i hardly ever use anything but the search function
09:55 thd s/LibLime/PTFS\/LibLime/
09:55 cait that's all right
09:55 cait I didn't mean to question the mediawiki choice at all
09:56 thd drojf: Google has brainwashed you into thinking that libraries and curation are unnecessary when you have full text indexing :)
09:56 cait i personally prefer dokuwiki as we are using that here - but that doesn't mean i would want to propose a change .)
09:56 drojf thd: i don't want to imply it is not needed! not at all. i just wonder if there are statistics. i have no idea what other people do :)
09:57 thd MediaWiki is a larger and necessarily more complex project as it has to support whatever people want for Wikipedia.
09:57 cait I can only speak for myself, but i use the search feature too :)
09:57 drojf i don't think i am the regular wiki user. also i have bookmarked most of the stuff i use often ;)
09:58 cait thd: i think we are using mediawiki for the koha project - noone questions that
09:58 thd Categories allow finding RFCs for what people are working on, etc. in a systematic manner.
09:59 cait i think the problem here is maintenance, as those don't get updated, so the categories are not correct
09:59 cait and some rfcs are not marked, although they won't be implemented or have never implemented in the way written up on the wiki
09:59 thd cait: There was meant to be a question and a vote but the issue became somewhat moot when PTFS/LibLime took down the DokuWiki implementation.
09:59 cait but that's content we need to fix and maintain
09:59 drojf personally i am more concerned with outdated contents than categorisation at the moment
10:00 drojf i can't pass a link to a library that wants to switch to dom, because the information on the wiki is not accurate
10:00 thd drojf: We should tag the content as outdated but then encourage people to update it.
10:02 thd Some Wikipedia editors have a habbit of deleting pages which I think is a bad idea for a library software.  We should preserve it but mark it.
10:02 drojf is that possible at the moment? (tagging it outdated)
10:02 cait i think a 'how to' with hints on how to use the features might be good
10:02 cait like a note on how to add something to mark it 'outdated' most effectively
10:02 cait and in a searchable way
10:03 thd I had created a good tutorial for DokuWiki and was taken aback when it all went down.
10:04 thd At the time, it was a tit-for-tat response over starting an independent bugzilla instance.
10:04 cait I'd like to give the second part of the meeting the chance to contribute to this before we vote
10:05 thd Certainly.
10:05 wahanui certainly is confusing.. thanks for bringing ashimema's attention to it.
10:05 thd I will not be around for the second part.
10:05 cait hm ok
10:05 cait maybe the wiki?
10:06 thd We should at least consider in this part whether the more the merrier bug wrangler concept applies.
10:06 thd I favour that concept which has certainly contributed to and not lessoned the level of maintenance.
10:07 cait so the question is if we will have more than one wiki curator for the content?
10:07 cait or is this also about the technical side/server access?
10:07 paxed li#patronbasics img[src$="blank.png"] { display: none !important; }
10:07 paxed ^ hide the patron image if there is no image set
10:07 thd There have defacto been multiple wiki maintainers working simultaneously.
10:08 drojf i don't think it is possible for one person to maintain the whole wiki (speaking of accuracy contents) in their spare time
10:08 thd There is a list in the candidates page but others should be free to join.
10:08 cait I think i'd leave the role open to everyone who wants to contribute
10:08 thd +1
10:08 drojf (contents accuracy)
10:09 cait and we also have people with different areas of expertise
10:09 cait (if that works as an english word :) )
10:09 thd Maintenance has a very broad scope.
10:10 thd I had concentrated on the backend and trying to avoid orphan pages.
10:10 cait I am not sure how to proceed - i think what i see is a general agreement that curating is a multi-people thing?
10:11 drojf i'd agree to that
10:11 cait can i get a quick indication if that is right?
10:11 cait +1
10:11 drojf +1
10:11 thd +1
10:11 Joubu +1
10:11 cait #agreed Curating the wiki content should be a multi-people approach
10:11 cait hope that will make sense to the meeting later
10:11 ashimema right..
10:11 ashimema I'm back..
10:12 ashimema reading up
10:12 cait as we run out of time a bit, I'd like to move on more quickly now
10:12 cait #topic Communication manager
10:12 Topic for #koha is now Communication manager (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part1)
10:12 cait to my information noone has stepped up yet willing to fill the role
10:13 thd I am not certain that the scope of communications manager has been well defined.
10:13 cait yes, that might be the problem
10:13 thd However, no one has stepped forward for any definition.
10:14 cait I think maybe this would be better to bring up to the mailing list agan
10:14 drojf +1
10:14 drojf for the mailing list
10:14 thd +1
10:15 cait #agreed bring up the communication manager role on the mailing list again
10:16 cait #topic KohaCon15
10:16 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon15 (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part1)
10:16 jransom hi all. (jo ransom, hlt - nz)
10:16 cait hi jo :)
10:16 cait quite late for you!
10:16 cait you can add #info in front, then it will show up in the meeting minutes
10:17 cait I think today there is noone fromt he organisers around -maybe it's a bad time
10:17 cait i will move on
10:17 cait #topic Actions from the last meeting
10:17 Topic for #koha is now Actions from the last meeting (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part1)
10:17 jransom #info jransom
10:17 ashimema I'll add more thoughts on the wiki propositions to the discussion page rather than pollute further here
10:18 cait hm i think we have an old link on the wiki, one sec
10:18 cait the correct link to the last meeting:
10:18 cait #link[…]_19_November_2014
10:18 ashimema I did allot fo the work on back in the day.. and that wiki is now happily self sustaining... I also install, maintian and train mediaiwki for a series of customers..
10:19 ashimema just so thd has some of my own background
10:19 cait #info the community website has been updated with information about kohacon15
10:19 cait #link
10:20 cait @later tell wizzyrea can you update please to list Nigeria as upcoming? thx!
10:20 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
10:20 cait and i think BobB emailed the list about the roles, but as said earlier we need to bring that up again
10:21 cait anything else?
10:21 cait #topic Set date and time for next meeting
10:21 Topic for #koha is now Set date and time for next meeting (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting, part1)
10:22 cait I thik maybe we shoudl leave that to the second part
10:22 cait as we have only very small attendance today
10:22 drojf i'd vote for only one date
10:22 cait that ok?
10:22 drojf this split does not really seem to work well
10:22 cait #idea go back to 1 meeting instead of 2
10:22 jransom has the koha fundraising idea been discussed at all?
10:22 drojf jransom: nope
10:22 cait jransom: it hasn't been on the agenda - not sure about the state
10:23 thd Presumably the second part would be more interested in a later time.
10:23 drojf nobody showed up
10:23 cait drojf: jo did :)
10:23 drojf ah
10:23 drojf sorry :))
10:23 cait but i think maybe the time is bad for california/bag?
10:23 thd I am in California at the moment.
10:24 thd However, it is not a great time for California.
10:24 cait jransom: i think probably the second meeting - but it would have been good to add to the agenda - guess we forgot
10:24 drojf about splitting the meeting, i think we get more out of one meeting followed by mailing list discussions if necessary than with two seperate parts of one meeting
10:24 cait I have a feeling too that the experiment has not been successful
10:24 cait there is always one meeting with only very few attendees
10:24 jransom the fundraising idea is being discussed via email.
10:25 thd Nor is it a great time presently for the US in general.
10:25 cait #info leaving setting date and time to second part of the meeting
10:25 cait #endmeeting
10:25 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.18.0 is released! Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | The next Koha General IRC meeting is 17 Dec. at 9UTC and 21UTC | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
10:25 huginn Meeting ended Wed Dec 17 10:25:15 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
10:25 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-17-09.16.html
10:25 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-12-17-09.16.txt
10:25 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]17-09.16.log.html
10:25 drojf for me it is now like "join the first meeting, agree on nothing because wait for the second meeting, join that too"
10:26 drojf or, don't. but the first meeting seems to be less important
10:26 cait I will be around second part most likely - i will try to bring it up
10:26 thd drojf: I had thought that each meeting would take decisions but that there has never been a significantly conflicting decision to cause a problem.
10:27 drojf thd: sure, but if disussion is involved, it does not really work well. i don't see a problem if we just want to vote things that have been discussed
10:28 thd The problem with rotating the clock is that about one third of the meetings would have almost no attendance because the favoured time zones one third of the time did not have people who were inclined to participate.
10:28 drojf i would like to rethink the 3 zones
10:28 thd drojf: Agreed, a split discussion is a weeker discussion.
10:29 thd s/weeker/weaker/
10:29 jransom its impossible to please  everyone; its the way it goes in a global project I guess
10:30 drojf we had only 2 options for the meetings now. based on something, i suppose. so maybe 2 times that are switched from meeting to meeting would work better
10:30 jransom at least moving it round shares the pain
10:30 drojf that was badly worded
10:30 drojf i mean, maybe we need only 2 zones because the third one is hardly used
10:31 thd drojf: Do you have any thoughts on alternating signle meeting times which avoid almost no attendance for choosing a poor time for anyone currently interested?
10:33 drojf maybe we could get some kind of time frame at least for regulars to see what would be options that are actually frequented. but that does of course not help with new people being interested
10:33 drojf (that may come from a different time zone/have a different time frame availabe)
10:35 drojf at least for europe i can say that this right now is a very good time during business hours. but it is only a good time if you want to join during business hours. which apparently most of france, norway, the netherlands did not want for some reason today :) for me the second meeting at 10pm is also an option, that may not be an option for others because its way after work. time zone alone does not say everything
10:35 thd drojf: The trouble is that the new people would never appear at times such as 02.00 UTC which were too early for Europe and Africa and too late for most of the Americas.
10:36 thd drojf: Encouraging attendance from every time zone could be a fine taks for the Koha communications manager.
10:36 drojf but did we have a lot of regulars at 2utc?
10:37 drojf or, did we have any that could not join at the other times?
10:37 drojf i mean, there would always be the option of joining irc at any time you like and bring it up if it is a problem, but that is probably not something a new person would do.
10:38 thd drojf: 02.00 UTC was mostly unattended when people in California and British Columbia were uninterested in attending which was most of the time.
10:39 thd drojf: The continuity of meetings thus became disjoint as nothing could really happen at one out of three meetings.
10:39 drojf so that would be a good time to drop and keep the other two times alternating between meetings, i suppose
10:40 thd drojf: gmcharlt had introduced two meeting times in a day as an alternative.
10:40 drojf but do you think it works well?
10:41 thd drojf: Yes, I think that we should exclude unpopular times for regulars because missing the unpopular times seemed to lead to a general disinterest in the meetings.
10:42 thd drojf: Two times does not work as well as one time which everyone would attend.
10:43 drojf alright, then we agree :)
10:43 thd drojf: However, we have not been able to find one time which everyone would attend unless the issue on the agenda was of especially great importance to enough people.
10:44 drojf then we need more important issues :P
10:44 thd drojf: We certainly need important issues to sustain development meetings.
10:45 thd drojf: We should not want to create controversy in other meeting by scaring people into attending for some artificially created important reason.
10:46 jransom ok folks; nearly midnight here. im off to bed.
10:46 drojf bye jransom
10:46 cait bye jransom
10:46 drojf thd: i will bring up the issue at the second part of the meeting if i am around
10:46 thd drojf: Good night jransom 1.47 am here
10:46 cait drojf: could you test Joubu's patch for the item bug maybe? :)
10:47 thd drojf: Sadly, I am liable to be otherwise engaged at the time.
10:47 thd I have tried to attend all the meetings in all the time zones.
10:47 drojf cait: not now, leaving to get some things done. but i can tonight
10:48 drojf cait: (if you remind me:)
10:49 cait hmpf :)
10:49 thd s/1.47 am here/2.47 am here/
10:50 * thd runs off to finish some work while he is still awake.
10:50 drojf gotta run. see you #koha
10:56 oleonard joined #koha
12:47 tcohen joined #koha
12:47 NateC joined #koha
12:50 nlegrand hey #koha
12:56 tcohen morning...
12:56 cait hi tcohen
12:56 cait :)
12:57 tcohen hi cait
12:59 meliss joined #koha
13:03 eth0_ joined #koha
13:04 eth0_ Hi all, i can succesfully auth and open connection with yaz-client, i can find keyword too but when i'm make a "show 1" i have a     [238] Record not available in requested syntax -- v2 addinfo ''
13:04 eth0_ Any ideas ?
13:04 wahanui Any ideas are welcome :)
13:08 cait i think maybe you need to tell yaz your expected return format
13:08 cait there might be some notes on the wiki about yaz... not sure
13:10 eth0_ I've 2 zebrasrv (marc21 & unimarc) i've this problem only with unimarc
13:12 collum joined #koha
13:29 nengard joined #koha
13:32 eth0_ cait: do you mean "format umarc/unimarc"
13:33 eth0_ I've already tried that
13:33 eth0_ i've also tried multiples init/update/commit
13:33 cait not sure then, sorry
13:33 eth0_ And i've only this error with unimarc
13:33 cait i've only used yaz once i think - i don't really remember :(
13:33 cait ah
13:34 eth0_ Seriously… z3950/iso2907/marc21/unimarc is totally bullshit
13:35 eth0_ OPDS is a lil' bit greeter :)
13:35 eth0_ I really don't know why people still using that
13:35 eth0_ Anyway…
13:37 JoshB joined #koha
13:39 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:40 jcamins eth0_: a sense of history.
13:40 jcamins eth0_: you need to do: form xml
13:40 jcamins el [something]
13:41 eth0_ Could you be a little bit more verbose please ?
13:41 eth0_ Oh! it works
13:42 eth0_ jcamins: Thanks :), How can i save this tips in config
13:48 jcamins eth0_: what do you mean?
13:48 edveal joined #koha
13:48 eth0_ Is this settings saved if i restart the daemon ?
13:48 jcamins Ah. No.
13:48 jcamins That's a client-side setting.
13:49 jcamins There might be a way to change the defaults for yaz using a configuration file, but I've never tried.
13:49 eth0_ ok so client needs to autenticate then open the connection then form xml in order to have a reply
13:50 jcamins Yeah.
13:50 eth0_ Hum… ok, i'll be always suprised with z3950
13:51 jcamins And never pleasantly.
13:52 eth0_ z3950 = Hell for sysadmin
13:53 eth0_ Not a bug it's a feature
13:57 collum joined #koha
14:04 carmenh joined #koha
14:09 tcohen joined #koha
14:09 cait wb tcohen
14:16 ashimema tcohen.. your alive..
14:16 ashimema :)
14:16 tcohen hi
14:16 wahanui hola, tcohen
14:16 ashimema hows the sprog
14:16 tcohen i have my last work-related stuff in 30 minutes
14:17 tcohen after that, the sprog and Koha
14:17 ashimema coolios :)
14:17 ashimema I think there's a few peeps out here hoping to see some master pushes ;)
14:17 ashimema 22nd is fast approaching :s
14:24 cma joined #koha
14:30 * cait waves
14:30 cait debugging_xslt--
14:45 TGoat joined #koha
14:45 edveal joined #koha
14:58 carmenh joined #koha
15:09 cait left #koha
15:09 talljoy joined #koha
15:10 nengard left #koha
15:31 rocio joined #koha
15:33 paul_p joined #koha
16:43 nengard joined #koha
16:57 alex_a_ joined #koha
17:17 edveal joined #koha
17:38 gaetan_B bye
17:41 rangi ashimema can you take a look at the last patch on 13425 if you have a minute or 2
17:42 * rangi wanders off to feed kids
18:12 smrt joined #koha
18:26 nengard left #koha
19:05 laurence left #koha
19:11 rangi and back again
19:15 drojf joined #koha
19:27 cait joined #koha
19:27 rangi hi cait and drojf
19:27 cait a christmas market in heavy rain just doesn't feel right
19:27 rangi do i have a job for you guys :)
19:28 cait do you?
19:28 cait and hello
19:28 wahanui niihau, cait
19:28 rangi yep
19:28 rangi can you take a look at the last patch on 13425 if you have a minute or 2
19:28 cait bug 13425
19:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13425 is not accessible.
19:28 cait oh
19:28 rangi its a tiny little one, but it will finish that one off
19:28 cait iwill try, but i think i have to find the warm socks first
19:28 rangi fair enough ;)
19:29 rangi it rained here last night too for our xmas party
19:29 cait but it didn't look as wet as the christmas market :)
19:29 rangi we were under shelter
19:30 rangi[…]45173757837324289
19:32 drojf hi rangi and cait
19:33 drojf i got an instant cold, might go to bed before the seconc part of the meeting :/
19:33 ibeardslee 12:08?
19:33 drojf *second
19:34 rangi yeah, there were still quite a few people around then ibeardslee, id stopped drinking, went home about 1
19:34 wnickc joined #koha
19:35 rangi the second meeting is in 30 mins? or 1.5 hours?
19:35 cait drojf: i hope i don't get it - feet still frozen
19:35 cait 1.5
19:35 ibeardslee Mike wasn't fibbing about the 'late licence'
19:35 rangi ta
19:36 drojf rangi: will take a look, but i am slow :)
19:36 * drojf happens in slow motion :D
19:37 rangi :)
19:43 nengard joined #koha
19:46 reiveune left #koha
19:49 pianohacker joined #koha
19:55 drojf rangi: i applied only the 4th patch and still get the popup
19:57 pianohacker z39.50 broken in latest master?
19:59 * druthb is just gonna leave this here for bag:
20:01 rangi drojf: in the staff client eh?
20:02 drojf rangi: yes
20:02 rangi dang
20:02 rangi ill retry
20:05 rangi ahh yeah its in 2 places missed one :(
20:08 rangi new patch now, sorry for mucking you around
20:12 drojf no worries, i am great at breaking things today, doing it with another patch atm :D
20:12 rangi :)
20:20 drojf rangi: still get the popup ^^
20:21 rangi weird
20:21 cait german templates?
20:21 cait just suggesting it because it happened ot me before
20:21 rangi if you look at the source, can you spot where its unescaped?
20:22 rangi oh and yeah, it will only work on en unless you reinstalled the language ;)
20:22 drojf cait: no, i checked that
20:23 drojf weird
20:23 drojf cait: the item patch did not work. i did not forget to test :)
20:24 cait ah too bad :(
20:24 cait but thx for testing
20:25 cait haven't read all the email yet
20:25 drojf rangi: hmm the file looks ok to me. i wonder if i am doing something wrong. and what that could be :)
20:26 rangi hmm yeah its odd, unless there is another place other than the facets where its not escaped also
20:58 cbrannon joined #koha
21:01 rohdechris_away joined #koha
21:01 BobB joined #koha
21:03 BobB hello
21:04 cbrannon hello
21:05 * cait waves
21:05 cait i think it's meeting time,but not sure I am awake enough to chair
21:05 cait could someone else?
21:05 cbrannon This is my first time at a meeting.  It won't be me.
21:05 BobB :)
21:06 * BobB waits for someone else to volunteer
21:07 BobB and is deafened by the silence
21:07 cbrannon This is fun.
21:07 cbrannon :)
21:07 BobB cait would you like me to chair?
21:07 cait cbrannon: it's not a typical meeting...
21:07 cait BobB: i'd be happy if you would
21:08 BobB #startmeeting
21:08 huginn BobB: Error: A meeting name is required, e.g., '#startmeeting Marketing Committee'
21:08 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
21:08 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
21:08 BobB wahanui, want to chair?
21:08 wahanui i haven't a clue, bobb
21:08 BobB that's for sure
21:08 BobB let me find the agenda first ...
21:09 BobB[…]_17_December_2014
21:09 cait BobB: you need to start the meeting again - with a name after the command
21:09 BobB #startmeeting General IRC Meeting #2 17 December 2014
21:09 huginn Meeting started Wed Dec 17 21:09:58 2014 UTC.  The chair is BobB. Information about MeetBot at
21:09 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:09 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting #2 17 December 2014)
21:09 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting__2_17_december_2014'
21:10 cait right :)
21:10 jmsasse joined #koha
21:10 BobB #topic Introductions
21:10 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting #2 17 December 2014)
21:10 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:10 rangi #info chris c, catalyst, sorta here
21:10 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto BWS, USA
21:10 edveal #info edveal BWS, USA
21:10 BobB #info Bob Birchall, Calyx Australia
21:10 cait #info Katrin Fischer BSZ - might fall asleep
21:11 cbrannon #info Chrisopher Brannon, Coeur d'Alene, ID
21:11 jmsasse #info Joel Sasse Plum Creek USA
21:11 barton #info Barton Chittenden, Bywater Solutions, Louisville, KY, USA
21:11 rohdechris Chris Rohde, Roseville, USA
21:12 BobB hi all, any more?
21:13 BobB #topic Announcements
21:13 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting #2 17 December 2014)
21:13 Hayro joined #koha
21:13 BobB #info This has been added to the agenda:
21:13 BobB #info Please vote up this Library::Callnumber::LC bug which is related to these Koha callnumber symptoms.
21:14 BobB any comments?
21:14 bag #info Brendan Gallagher ByWater Solutions
21:14 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin
21:14 * barton scrolls back and finds adgenda wiki link.
21:14 cait I think the bug has been integrated now, so voting might no longer be necessary
21:15 BobB cool, thx cait
21:15 BobB any other announcements?
21:16 BobB #topic Update on Releases
21:16 Topic for #koha is now Update on Releases (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting #2 17 December 2014)
21:16 BobB Any Release Maintainers here?
21:16 talljoy #info Joy Nelson ByWater Solutions
21:17 rangi i am
21:17 rangi 3.18.x is in string freeze
21:17 rangi on course for an ontime release of 3.18.2 on the 22nd
21:17 bag I just added a section to the wiki page for the meeting “Proposal for fund raising for Koha - to discuss/vote “
21:17 bag (sorry that is for later)
21:17 BobB ok bag, will come to that
21:18 rohdechris #info Chris Rohde, Roseville, CA USA
21:18 BobB I haven't read the minutes of today's first meeting ...
21:18 BobB there may be info there about the releases
21:18 drojf nope
21:18 cait none of the RMaints were around
21:18 drojf we were about 5 people
21:18 BobB ah ok
21:18 cait I speculated the releases were still planned for 22nd :)
21:19 rangi yep
21:19 rangi mtj and fridolin have said in email they are releasing on the 22nd
21:19 BobB so rangi 3.18.1 was a Security Release?
21:19 rangi yep so was 3.16.5
21:19 rangi 3.18.2 wont have much different to 3.18.1
21:19 rangi but will have updated translations
21:19 rangi (dont get time do those for a security release)
21:20 BobB And 3.14 is still being maintained?
21:20 rangi yes thats fridolin
21:20 rangi but it wasnt vulnerable
21:20 BobB ok
21:21 BobB #info Security releases of 3.16 and 3.18 have been made; 3.14 was not vulnerable
21:21 BobB #info afawk, we are on track for next releases on 22 Dec
21:21 BobB any more on Releases?
21:22 BobB Changing topic:
21:23 BobB #topic Road Map for Koha
21:23 Topic for #koha is now Road Map for Koha (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting #2 17 December 2014)
21:24 BobB Can anyone remember where we are up to on this?
21:24 cait I think we discussed that the way it could be published mostly
21:24 cait at the first meeting
21:24 cait wiki or website, linking them or summarizing
21:24 cait not much about the content so far I think
21:24 cait drojf: ?
21:25 drojf that is all i remember, yes
21:25 BobB can anyone find the link to last meeting minutes (November)?
21:25 drojf having it in the wiki, summarizing on the website
21:26 drojf[…]_19_November_2014
21:26 BobB found it too, no actions, just ideas
21:27 BobB IDEA: use the next meeting to have more discussion, past and future on the road map
21:27 BobB so, any further thoughts since?
21:27 bag We could throw some thoughts out now
21:28 BobB yep
21:28 bag Like I want to see the OPAC really take a step forward
21:28 bag So what am I going to do
21:29 bag Starting with integratation of more Econtent into Koha OPAC ;)  like gutenburg, overdrive, openlibrary etc etc - make it so that you can ingest all that into the search engine (and not via marc records)
21:29 bag Also Elastic Search - lets get that in
21:29 bag :D
21:29 TGoat Yea, we need elastic search
21:30 bag or do I still have to wait to throw ideas out there - until the next general meeting?
21:30 cait is there a plan to follow up on the pazpar2 patch ot integrate z39.50 searches?
21:30 cait sometimes you can't get the data itself, i liked the idea of that one :)
21:30 cait or it's just too much data to include in your catalog
21:30 bag cait for now we’ve abandon that since pazpar2 wasn’t stable with the way we did it
21:31 bag basically pianohacker came back and said he’d like to rewrite pazpar2 (and I said we don’t have time for that
21:31 BobB hmm, too bad
21:31 bag but anyone anywhere can pick that up
21:32 bag but I really feel that the OPAC needs the next jump up
21:32 BobB ok, so for the Road Map, the next steps would be ...
21:32 bag RDF linked data - we should all be pushing for that
21:32 bag I think we need a spot to list ideas BobB
21:32 bag someone create that spot and call to list ideas
21:32 BobB to create the wiki page and start to populate it with these great ideas
21:33 bag then have someone curate it
21:33 BobB so brainstorm possible contents, then have some discernment about what actually goes in, bag?
21:34 bag cait I’d like to bring that Z3950 one back up - it’s just that pianohacker currently has such limited Koha time (because of school)
21:34 bag but maybe a little more time on it and we’d be able to do something different with it
21:34 bag make it more stable
21:34 cait ok
21:35 BobB bag I think you are suggesting a level of control on Road Map content that maybe won't be there always?
21:35 bag could be or not - but someone to organize it
21:36 BobB If the Road Map exists, can't anyone update it for their new ideas?
21:36 bag so that way I’m not putting the same thing up there that rangi is (just using english versus new-zealand english)
21:36 bag everyone should be able to update it - I think someone should organize it
21:36 bag ;)
21:36 BobB but sure a curator would be good to get rid of dead stuff and so on
21:37 BobB Could that be the general Wiki Curator, if we get one?
21:37 bag yes please
21:37 BobB ok, so why don't we create the Road Map page and get people to list stuff ....
21:38 BobB there can then be discussions about the value or otherwise of what gets put forward
21:39 BobB any contrary thoughts?
21:39 bag +1
21:39 rangi +1
21:40 cbrannon +1
21:40 BobB those votes are in favour of creating the page?
21:40 jmsasse +1
21:40 cbrannon yes
21:40 BobB (I'll assume so unless someone speaks otherwise)
21:41 BobB so continue voting pls
21:41 drojf +1
21:41 rohdechris +1
21:41 edveal +1
21:42 TGoat +1
21:42 BobB all done?
21:42 BobB #agreed In accordance with discussion at the November meeting, a wiki page for a Koha Road Map should be created
21:42 BobB So is there a volunteer to do that?
21:43 cbrannon who knows wiki?
21:44 BobB I'll ask Magnus, else I can do it, ok?
21:44 bag works for me
21:44 BobB #action BobB to find someone to create a Road Map wiki page, else do it himself
21:44 cbrannon thank you
21:45 BobB blah
21:45 BobB next topic?
21:45 wahanui next topic is a tricky one...
21:46 BobB #topic  Proposal for fund raising for Koha - to discuss/vote
21:46 Topic for #koha is now Proposal for fund raising for Koha - to discuss/vote (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting #2 17 December 2014)
21:46 BobB bag?
21:46 wahanui I LIKE BASEBALL
21:46 BobB LOL
21:46 bag ok here is most of it
21:46 bag http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]ng-td5821688.html
21:46 BobB what about fundraising?
21:47 bag I’m just really looking for a — YES go for it - NO don’t do it
21:47 BobB so is the question 'that the  meeting endorses the discussion paper'?
21:47 bag Right now we’ve got the HLT ready to be the place that can accept donations (NPO)
21:47 bag yes BobB that’s really the gist of it
21:48 BobB any questions folks?
21:48 BobB or I'll take it to a vote
21:48 rangi my main thing is we should try to avoid people scope creeping it
21:48 bag So YES do it - then I think me and some others (I need help).  Will really have to write a full spec/proposal
21:48 rangi lets start small
21:48 bag and then come back to it
21:48 cait +1
21:49 jmsasse +1
21:49 rangi and just a place to accept donations .. before we start adding a pile of complexity like targeting donations etc
21:49 BobB rangi, you don't want a Mellon applicaton next week?
21:49 rangi if its that then im +1
21:49 bag agreed
21:49 cbrannon +1
21:49 rangi BobB: not if they get to tell the community how it has to be spent :)
21:49 BobB ok hold those votes just a mo'
21:49 rangi so
21:49 BobB rangi: agreed
21:50 BobB OK, the question is:
21:50 rangi +1 #for starting a small no strings attached donation/distribution idea
21:50 bag I think first let’s get the structure in place (IE click here to donate)…
21:50 rangi yep
21:50 drojf +1 for full spec/proposal
21:51 bag 2. pursue a few koha support companies for some monies
21:51 bag 3. use money for sign-offs from a non-support company person
21:51 BobB that is what your paper sets out bag, iirc
21:52 bag build more structure after that - while working with the community
21:52 bag yes BobB
21:52 bag ;)
21:52 BobB so we are saying one step at a time, then go for it
21:52 bag ok I’m going to pull back for a bit and let you all talk  (I’m not voting either)
21:52 rangi yep
21:53 rangi +1 for the paper/spec
21:53 BobB So I'll call for the vote: that the meeting endorses Brendan's paper on fund raising
21:53 BobB Vote now please
21:53 rangi +1
21:53 drojf +1
21:53 cbrannon +1
21:54 barton +1
21:54 jmsasse +1
21:54 rohdechris +1
21:54 BobB all done?
21:55 BobB #agreed The meeting endorsed the paper by Brendan on Fund Raising for the Koha project
21:55 bag sweet :D
21:55 BobB #action bag to implement step 1 of the proposed strategy
21:55 BobB OK?
21:55 bag hey Jo we have some work to bring back to the community ;)  BobB you’re up too ;)
21:56 bag heh
21:56 BobB :)
21:56 BobB done on that topic?
21:57 BobB I'm going to combine the next two topics
21:57 BobB #topic Wiki Curator and Communications Manager
21:57 Topic for #koha is now Wiki Curator and Communications Manager (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting #2 17 December 2014)
21:57 BobB right, but I'm sorry, the dog ate my homework
21:58 rangi i think thd wrote a proposal
21:58 rangi[…]20_Thomas_Dukleth
21:58 rangi but no bites for coms
21:59 drojf there is also some kind of objection in the discussion[…]20_Thomas_Dukleth
21:59 BobB #link[…]20_Thomas_Dukleth
21:59 bag hmm no bits for coms :(  can we try for one more month?
21:59 rangi i think would need to send a new email
22:00 drojf (that was most of this mornings meeting)
22:00 drojf or, like, first part of the meeting, not necessarily morning for you ^^
22:00 BobB #link[…]20_Thomas_Dukleth
22:00 BobB (just getting those links into the minutes)
22:01 BobB ok, I think from the Nov. meeting I had actions about advertising those roles,, let me check
22:02 bag BobB: I just asked nengard_afk to do a blast to our partners
22:02 BobB confirmed
22:02 cbrannon yes, that is correct
22:03 BobB well, if the role is controversial, its just as well I haven't done that
22:03 bag hmm MRenvoize comments don’t seem that bad to me - perhaps we should give sometime for thd to comment back?  I move to not vote on this at this time
22:03 BobB sounds right bag
22:04 BobB I propose we defer this till next meeting, to allow the discussion to progress
22:04 bag and perhaps some more volunteers
22:04 drojf they (and all of us) agreed to a group approach for the wiki. that is as far as we could get
22:04 rangi i do think it needs an upgrade and get back to stock, then figure out what extensions we need, i agree with ashimema there
22:05 drojf as for the technical side… i think we should … yep what rangi says ^^
22:06 BobB I am suggesting the January meeting could make that decision, then we advertise
22:06 cait yeah agreeing with rangi
22:06 cait i think simplifying, getting back to stock, would help us maintaining long term
22:07 BobB ok, I am at a disadvantage here, as I've not read either submission
22:07 BobB does someone want to propose a motion?
22:07 bag can we vote on upgrade now?  OR do we not have anyone that could do the upgrade?
22:08 bag I see two BobB
22:08 rangi i dont think we have anyone who has the time to do it at the moment
22:08 drojf as far as i understood upgrading as it is is rather complicated
22:08 bag 1 - move vote/more discussion to next meeting and Ask for more volunteers now (re advertise)
22:08 drojf as in takes time
22:08 bag 2 - upgrade now - but who does it?
22:10 BobB bag,clarifying motion 1: you say re-advertise, but it hasn't been advertised yet?
22:10 bag ok take out the RE part
22:10 bag ;)
22:10 BobB I think Thomas is interested, but he was in the discussion in Nov
22:10 rangi i thought there was an email
22:10 rangi but i might be wrong
22:10 bag I think cbrannon said there was an email
22:11 BobB not from me, and I had carriage from the last meeting
22:11 bag cbrannon: if you have the subject of the email we can find it in nabble
22:11 cbrannon @bag: that was something else
22:11 huginn cbrannon: I suck
22:11 rangi[…]p.misc.koha/36732
22:12 BobB #link[…]p.misc.koha/36732
22:12 BobB that wasn't meant to be an advert, at the time
22:13 BobB ok, so this does not become too long tonight:
22:14 bag BobB: can you advertise this?
22:14 BobB I propose an amendment to bag's first motion:
22:14 BobB 1 - move vote/more discussion to next meeting and Ask for more volunteers now: then advertise the role on the mailing list
22:15 cbrannon +1
22:15 BobB Pls vote (+1 or -1)
22:15 bag +1
22:15 rohdechris +1
22:16 rangi +1
22:16 BobB any more?
22:16 drojf +1
22:17 BobB #agreed To move discussion of wiki curation to next meeting and to call for volunteers now
22:17 BobB by the 'role' we're talking about a coordinator of a team of volunteers
22:18 BobB so we're saying ask volunteers to come forward,
22:18 BobB and we'll sort out who the coordinator will be and exactly what the role is at/after the next meeting
22:18 BobB Done?
22:19 rangi i think so
22:19 cbrannon yes
22:19 BobB Re the Comms Manager, I want to liaise with the newsletter editors to make sure they understand they are not being made redundant ...
22:20 rangi yeah good idea
22:20 BobB before that role is advertised, so can we kick that to January meeting also?
22:20 rangi sounds good
22:21 BobB #action BobB to prepare ground for decisions to be taken in January re wiki curation and Comms Manager
22:21 tcohen joined #koha
22:21 BobB #topic KohaCon15
22:21 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon15 (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting #2 17 December 2014)
22:21 BobB I think Olug is not here?
22:22 BobB any updates anyone?
22:22 rangi yep
22:22 rangi they are working on the costings of food/lodging etc and will update us all when they know
22:22 rangi they are already getting lots of nigerian librarians asking when can they register
22:23 rangi so things sound on track
22:23 BobB thanks rangi
22:23 drojf nice
22:24 BobB #topic Actions from Nov meeting
22:24 Topic for #koha is now Actions from Nov meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting #2 17 December 2014)
22:25 BobB can someone check the minutes of meeting #1 in Nov?
22:25 BobB there was only one action from meeting #2 and we've dealt with it
22:26 rangi BobB will email the mailing list about the new roles
22:26 rangi thats the only one from meeting 1
22:26 rangi adding a note/link to the kc website about kohacon15
22:26 BobB and we've dealt with that
22:26 rangi is the only other one
22:27 BobB Is that one done, re Koha Con?
22:27 rangi i think so
22:27 rangi
22:27 BobB cool, thx
22:27 rangi yes
22:27 BobB #topic Next Meeting
22:27 Topic for #koha is now Next Meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC Meeting #2 17 December 2014)
22:28 drojf it seems that splitting the meeting does not work very well
22:28 drojf the first meeting is kind of a lesser one, with lots of "well we have to see about the second meeting", second meeting attendees don't read the minutes of the first
22:29 drojf and strange people like myself end up having the meeting twice
22:29 rangi yeah i think maybe going back to rotating the time might be better
22:30 drojf +1 for rotating, maybe leaving out the 3rd "evil" time that did not attract many people
22:30 BobB the idea was to enable more people to attend, but the benefit is maybe marginal
22:30 bag I agree with that
22:30 drojf i think 2utc
22:30 bag +1 for rotating
22:30 BobB ok hold on, let me put the question
22:31 BobB Does the meeting agree to revert to rotating times and to have only one meeting per month?
22:31 BobB Vote now pls
22:31 drojf +1
22:31 rangi +1
22:31 jmsasse +1
22:32 tcohen +1
22:32 BobB any more?
22:33 BobB #agreed There will be only one meeting per month: times will be rotated to promote best possible attendance
22:33 BobB so is January 14th too soon for next meeting?
22:34 BobB Jan 21 is near a release date
22:34 tcohen 14th is fine
22:34 drojf +1 for 14th
22:34 BobB who wants to suggest the time?
22:34 bag +1
22:35 tcohen +
22:35 rangi how about 20UTC ?
22:35 rangi actually
22:35 rangi 10UTC
22:36 BobB Vote please on next meeting is January 14th at 10 UTC
22:36 rangi hmm that might be too late for the americans, i dunno
22:36 * bag checking timesw
22:36 tcohen you mean 10 P;¡
22:36 tcohen PM?
22:36 BobB hold the vote please while bag checks
22:36 BobB tcohen the proposal is 10 UTC
22:37 drojf[…]g&iso=20150114T10
22:37 BobB it'll be a civilised after dinner time for me
22:37 bag yeah it’s a bit early but that’s cool I love getting up early :)  and the ginny pie can join me
22:38 tcohen thanks drojf
22:38 tcohen I think I can get up that early once a month
22:38 cbrannon -1
22:38 tcohen :-D
22:38 BobB No objections?  Then the proposal is 14 January 2015 at 10 UTC
22:38 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13362: translate script creates dirs on update <[…]4aaaeee201a61f595> / Bug 13375: Syspref search highlight styling broken in Chrome <[…]96ae9936240c46e41> / BUG 13468: Overdue notice lists all checked out books <
22:38 BobB Vote no w please
22:38 rangi +1
22:38 tcohen +1
22:38 cbrannon -1
22:39 drojf +1
22:39 BobB #agreed The next meeting will be held on 14 January 2015 at 10 UTC
22:39 tcohen where do u live cbrannon ?
22:39 bag -1
22:39 BobB anything else?
22:39 cbrannon North Idaho.  That's 2am for me.
22:39 bag but just cause I say no - doesn’t mean it’s not possible ;)
22:40 bag heh
22:40 rohdechris would Feb meeting be at a better PST time?
22:40 BobB oh dear, any motion for recission of that last agreement?
22:40 rangi rohdechris: yeah we rotate it
22:41 BobB It is of course not possible to ahve a time convenient world wide
22:41 rangi the next one most likely around 18UTC
22:41 rangi in feb
22:41 cbrannon perhaps if we all syncronized our clocks to one time?  ;)
22:41 BobB If there is no motion for recission I will close the meeting
22:42 rohdechris that makes feb 10 am PST--sounds fair to me
22:42 BobB #endmeeting
22:42 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.18.0 is released! Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | The next Koha General IRC meeting is 17 Dec. at 9UTC and 21UTC | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
22:42 huginn Meeting ended Wed Dec 17 22:42:25 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
22:42 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-12-17-21.09.html
22:42 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-12-17-21.09.txt
22:42 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]17-21.09.log.html
22:42 BobB cait are you awake?   :)
22:43 rohdechris left #koha
22:44 BobB ok that was a bit long but we got there
22:44 BobB thanks everyone
22:44 rangi thanks BobB
22:45 tcohen thanks BobB
22:50 jmsasse thanks BobB
22:50 BobB hey jmsasse, all good up your way?
22:50 cait left #koha
22:53 rambutan left #koha
22:59 tcohen hi BobB
22:59 BobB hi tcohen  :)
23:09 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13368 Holds priority messed up on checkout <[…]81e447f6bb2955029> / Bug 13410 [QA Followup] <[…]cfe53b8f32e6d623a> / Bug 13410 - Untranslatable "Change messaging preferences to default for this category?" <;
23:29 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13449 - Syndetics TOC will not display in some cases <[…]75c4e6a0ee298d334> / Bug 13400 [QA Followup] - Fix tabs and quotes <[…]22e21d9878786fd51> / Bug 13400: Untranslatable "Are you sure you want to delete this authority?" <
23:52 Hayro left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary