IRC log for #koha, 2014-09-15

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:27 BobB joined #koha
00:50 mtompset Thanks for the bug fix appreciation, wizzyrea. :)
00:51 * mtompset is listening to #bgfest (Michael W. Smith is performing).
01:24 eythian @seen tcohen
01:24 huginn eythian: tcohen was last seen in #koha 7 hours, 48 minutes, and 51 seconds ago: <tcohen> :-D
01:25 eythian @later tell tcohen oh hey, that thing I was blaming you for seems to actually be your fault :) "4c2467d4 (Tomás Cohen Arazi 2014-08-06 14:22:23 -0300 43) my @keys = sort keys $columns;"
01:25 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
01:26 eythian @later tell tcohen that'll never work, keys requires a hash, not a hashref.
01:26 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
01:45 mtompset eythian: An "I told you so"?!
01:45 mtompset Such love. ;)
01:46 mtompset Have a great day, #koha eythian wizzyrea rangi ibeardslee papa dcook etc. :)
01:47 wizzyrea later :)
01:49 eythian man, does no one run test cases properly these days? I'm just playing whack-a-mole with test case failures trying to get a new master package to build.
01:50 cjh :(
01:55 rangi building on squeeze eh?
01:56 rangi cos yes tests are failing on jenkins too
01:56 * wizzyrea imagines eythian playing whack a mole
01:57 rangi but there is somethng broken with the squeeze test machine, so that there are too many false positives
01:58 eythian squeeze, yeah
01:58 eythian but one is a plain syntax error, and the other is a test that requires the database.
01:58 rangi i suspect that you and are are some of the few left that do tests on clean systems
01:58 eythian It's possible.
01:58 rangi most people run them on their dev box
01:58 rangi with databases
01:58 rangi and running trusty or something
01:59 eythian "@keys = sort keys $columns;" should always fail though, unless there's some new syntax thing I don't know about.
01:59 eythian (given $colums is a hashref, not a hash)
01:59 rangi hmmm
01:59 rangi yeah
01:59 rangi what test is that?
02:00 eythian t/Templates.t
02:00 chrisvella94_mobile joined #koha
02:01 rangi keys on reference is experimental at t/Templates.t line 43.
02:01 rangi it works
02:01 wahanui But it also eats babies.
02:01 rangi exactly
02:01 eythian it does eat babies
02:02 rangi we shouldnt use it
02:02 rangi its a perl 5.18 experimental thing
02:02 eythian ah
02:02 rangi or maybe 5.20
02:02 rangi but not in whatever is in squeeze
02:02 wizzyrea wow wahanui really called that one didn't he.
02:02 rangi and its just lazy
02:02 rangi cos a @ would fix that
02:03 rangi probably just a typo
02:03 rangi that accidentally works
02:06 eythian[…]ml#Fatal-Warnings <-- we should do this on test cases.
02:06 rangi we should
02:06 rangi wouldnt be hard to make jenkins do that
02:07 eythian yeah
02:08 rangi[…]est/ or that
02:08 rangi In general, your tests shouldn't produce warnings. This modules causes any warnings to be captured and stored. It automatically adds an extra test that will run when your script ends to check that there were no warnings. If there were any warings, the test will give a "not ok" and diagnostics of where, when and what the warning was, including a stack trace of what was going on when the it occurred.
02:09 eythian oh yes, that's good.
02:09 eythian in fact, pretty much ideal
02:09 rangi *nod*
02:09 cjh that is neat.
02:35 trea joined #koha
02:57 chrisvella94_mobile joined #koha
04:31 eythian wahanui: web developer is <reply>Like that Tim Berners-Lee Guy|<reply>
04:31 wahanui OK, eythian.
04:31 eythian wahanui: code monkey is <reply>
04:31 wahanui OK, eythian.
04:31 wizzyrea lol.
04:33 dcook Hmm, turns out that trying a 32bit LiveUSB on a 64bit machine doesn't work too well.
04:33 dcook Who knew...
04:33 eythian it should
04:33 dcook You'd think so
04:33 eythian oh hey, forgotten kit-kat brownie, excellent!
04:33 dcook Kept crashing though
04:33 dcook Yay, 64bit success!
04:33 dcook kit-kat brownie?
04:33 * dcook drools
04:34 eythian exactly as the name implies
04:34 * dcook just bought a new laptop, so naturally the first thing he plans to do is put Ubuntu on it
04:34 dcook So brownie with kit-kat chunks?
04:34 eythian bars, but yeah
04:40 eythian finally, I have a sodding build of master working
04:44 dcook I finally managed to get the wifi hard block off. Yay!
04:44 wizzyrea I finally... no, today has been alright.
04:45 dcook Unlike Unity
04:45 dcook Man...this UI is a bit irksome
04:54 eythian I find it pretty good to use, mostly that it just stays out of my way and does what it's supposed to.
05:03 dcook Perhaps it takes time to grow on a person
05:03 dcook I imagine it is probably the most well supported UI
05:22 cait joined #koha
06:01 ashimema morning
06:05 ashimema I couldn't get on with Unity dcook.. gnome shell all th way for me ;)
06:06 dcook ashimema: I'm a fan of Gnome as well :)
06:06 dcook hey cait
06:06 dcook (obviously hey ashimema :P)
06:06 ashimema :)
06:07 ashimema I just find it does what I want, and gets out of the way
06:07 magnuse joined #koha
06:07 dcook yo magnuse
06:07 ashimema Though it's not as 100% bombproof stable as I would like.
06:08 dcook Oh yeah?
06:08 dcook I don't think I've had any issues so far. At least not on Debian.
06:08 ashimema I tihnk it's probably my graphics setup to be honest.
06:08 dcook Mmm, could be.
06:08 ashimema I have random crashes/freezes now and then..
06:08 magnuse hiya dcook and ashimema and cait and #koha
06:08 ashimema and my main monitor has window drag issues.
06:09 * cait waves
06:09 ashimema if I on;y use one moniotr all the issues go away..
06:10 dcook Mmm, I've only tried with one monitor so far I Think
06:10 dcook No random crashes or freezes though I don't think
06:11 ashimema I find it's the mix of google chrome and gone shalle with dual displays that hurts me..
06:11 ashimema which happen to be my main fongic..
06:11 ashimema but it's not enough of an annoyance to move away.
06:11 ashimema I get a crash say once every 3 or 4 days..
06:11 cait hmpf?
06:12 dcook Mmm
06:12 dcook I used to have bad times with Google Chrome
06:12 dcook I've found it better latley
06:12 dcook ashimema: You use Ubuntu? What version?
06:13 dcook Hmm, now whether or not to test my Windows recovery...
06:13 ashimema Ubuntu Gnome Edition, 14.04 I think.
06:13 dcook Mmm
06:13 ashimema probably 14.04.01 actually
06:14 dcook Weird. I think I might give Unity a bit of a try.
06:14 dcook As I imagine it'll be the best supported.
06:14 ashimema Yeah.. Unity didn't give me any crashes..
06:14 ashimema I just hated it on multi-monitor
06:14 dcook Just annoying as? ;)
06:14 dcook Mmm
06:17 laurence joined #koha
06:21 * magnuse tried unity, gave up on it
06:24 cait hm
06:24 * cait uses it
06:25 magnuse i can't even remember what i didn't like, just that i found it annoying
06:25 magnuse felt like it might be good on a tablet, though
06:27 ashimema me too magnuse
06:27 dcook I might give it a whirl for a little bit.
06:29 dcook I use Debian on my desktop and used Lubuntu on my netbook, but this laptop is quite a bit more powerful, so could probably handle full Ubuntu
06:29 cait i thnk it was just too much trouble for me to not use it
06:29 cait and then... i got used to it
06:30 dcook cait: Yeah, I think that will probably what will happen with me. Hehe.
06:33 cait hm we have a dev meeting tomorrow?
06:34 ashimema Yes..
06:34 ashimema good point.. we aught to have a wiki page
06:34 ashimema don'#t thin that's been done yet.
06:34 cait heh
06:35 cait maybe i was sneakily trying to get someone make one...
06:35 cait :)
06:36 cait @wunder Konstanz
06:36 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 14.4°C (8:35 AM CEST on September 15, 2014). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 95%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
06:38 magnuse @wunder boo
06:38 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 7.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on September 15, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 3.0°C. Pressure: 30.48 in 1032 hPa (Steady).
06:38 magnuse yeah, chilly here today
06:38 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:38 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Realtor, CABRIES, France is 18.2°C (8:36 AM CEST on September 15, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
06:39 magnuse @wunder wellington, nz
06:39 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 13.0°C (6:30 PM NZST on September 15, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 29.71 in 1006 hPa (Falling).
06:39 cait @wunder Cordoba, Argentina
06:39 huginn cait: The current temperature in Bo Alto de San Martin, Cordoba City, Argentina is 11.7°C (3:35 AM ART on September 15, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 63%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.24 in 1024 hPa (Falling).
06:39 magnuse that's not too hot :-)
06:40 ashimema @wunder stevenage,uk
06:40 huginn ashimema: The current temperature in Pin Green, Stevenage, United Kingdom is 13.0°C (7:30 AM BST on September 15, 2014). Conditions: Fog. Humidity: 99%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
06:41 ashimema oh.. my weather station appears to be back up and running ;)
06:41 magnuse just 3 weeks until kohacon14, eh?
06:41 cait hm i think i will keep my weather
06:41 ashimema they're not joking when they say fog.. I can't see the house accross the street
06:41 cait lol
06:41 cait good you don't have to leave home to get to work :)
06:41 ashimema anyone know if there are any plans for any online participation in kohacon14?
06:42 magnuse what's the time difference?
06:42 ashimema i.e. anything being videoed etc
06:42 cait hm around 5? *checks*
06:42 magnuse yup, looks like 5 hours
06:42 cait 5 hours from here it seems
06:42 cait +- 1 for ashimema
06:42 magnuse gmt -3
06:42 dcook I keep forgetting about Kohacon14... hope everyone (who is going) enjoys it
06:42 ashimema yup
06:43 cait i hope people will be around for the hackfest online
06:43 ashimema I'm mostly interesting in partaking on the hackfest days..
06:43 cait i hope we can work on some bigger things this week
06:43 magnuse soo... 10 am there will be 3 pm here
06:43 laurence left #koha
06:43 ashimema am giong to attempt to pursuade the boss to let Alex and I work purely on koha stuff during those days ;()
06:43 dcook Which days is it again?
06:43 cait hm not ideal, but some overlap
06:43 laurence joined #koha
06:43 magnuse ashimema++
06:44 * cait crosses fingers :)
06:44 cait o, have to run, bbiab
06:44 magnuse yeah, some overlap
06:44 cait left #koha
06:44 dcook October 6 - 13..
06:44 ashimema cait.. might work perfect..
06:44 magnuse us stay behind wuropeans can solve all the easy bugs before the hackfesters start their day ;-)
06:44 dcook I think I'll be on Crete
06:44 ashimema we could get signoff/qa's done whilst your out ;)
06:45 magnuse good plan
06:45 ashimema So yeah.. I wondered if there were any plans for some google hangouts or similar for any of the hackfest chats
06:45 ashimema that would be awesome ;)
06:46 magnuse yup
06:46 reiveune joined #koha
06:47 reiveune left #koha
06:57 alex_a joined #koha
06:58 paul_p joined #koha
07:01 alex_a joined #koha
07:08 reiveune joined #koha
07:09 reiveune hello
07:09 alex_a joined #koha
07:10 alex_a bonjour
07:15 cait joined #koha
07:16 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:16 gaetan_B hello
07:16 cait h gaetan_B
07:16 wahanui gaetan_B is working at Biblibre and did the nice new start page together with asaurat or a fan of icons
07:17 fridolin joined #koha
07:20 cait hi fridolin
07:20 fridolin hie cait
07:20 Joubu joined #koha
07:20 cait hi Joubu :)
07:21 Joubu hello cait, #koha
07:21 sophie_m joined #koha
07:24 cait hi sophie_m
07:24 sophie_m hello cait
07:24 sophie_m good morning #koha
07:26 indradg joined #koha
07:27 cait ashimema: i will make the wiki page :)
07:27 magnuse cait++
07:28 cait how does one set a motd?
07:28 ashimema :)
07:28 ashimema tanks cait
07:29 cait hm the next general meeting is missing too
07:29 cait did we set a date for that?
07:30 indradg Good morning #koha
07:30 ashimema not sure cait.
07:30 wahanui not sure cait is leistungsfähig
07:31 cait me neither wahanui
07:31 cait[…]16_September_2014
07:35 magnuse "Next meeting is going to take place on September 17th - time to be agreeed on on the mailing list" http://meetings.koha-community[…]-08-14-15.15.html
07:37 magnuse ACTION: gmcharlt will ask about the meeting time on the list (cait, 15:48:22)
07:38 cait hm
07:38 cait that's in 2 days
07:51 akafred joined #koha
07:53 magnuse so it is
07:53 magnuse hallais akafred
07:54 cait ?
07:54 cait oh hello?
07:54 wahanui hello is probably it possible to install koha on debian wheezy? or do i have to install debian squeeze
07:54 cait forget hello
07:54 wahanui cait: I forgot hello
07:54 akafred morning magnuse
08:18 alex_a joined #koha
08:21 cait packages
08:21 wahanui rumour has it packages is at
08:26 magnuse cait: "hallais" is very informal way of saying hello in norwegian
08:32 indradg Joubu: ping
08:33 cait :)
08:33 indradg Joubu: more I keep reading the DBIC thread... more confused I keep getting :P
08:34 ashimema join the club indradg
08:34 indradg ashimema: heh
08:36 ashimema I think allot of us are rather confused regarding the dbic debate
08:42 magnuse my take on it: we need a database abstraction. the question is if dbic is enough of an abstraction in itself (which means we can use dbic directly in .pl scripts), or if we need another abstraction on top of dbic (which means we should only use dbic in .pm files)
08:56 Joubu indradg: the discussion is quite easy, and magnuse resumed it quite well.
09:04 cait i guess finding the answer is not so easy :)
09:04 cait Joubu: did you get a chance to look at kyle's code yet? i tried... but not sure i get it
09:06 Joubu cait: yes, I already had a look. I still disagree. See my last answer on the ml thread
09:08 cait ah ok, mailing list goes to a separate email, will check later!
09:08 Joubu We need more participants, to get more ideas :)
09:09 cait trying to keept rack of the discussion, but i think i am int he club with indradg
09:34 magnuse i'm seeing some crazy values for borrowers.debarred, like 2133-06-25. anyone else seen that? the library does have rules using debarrments for 0, 10, 30 and days, but 100+ years is a looong time...
09:34 cait hm maybe a manually entered one?
09:35 cait what debar code does it have?
09:35 cait hm and the fines by date... i think it might be by day late
09:35 cait ok, that probably made no sense :)
09:35 cait i think if you return the book 3 days late, it might use 3*what is configured
09:36 cait Joubu: do you know if that is right?
09:39 Joubu cait: yes, if I remember correctly, it works like that
09:40 cait thx, we are not using the feature currently :)
09:40 alex_a joined #koha
09:40 cait magnuse: would that explain the years? 30 * x days late?
09:43 magnuse cait: yeah, probably
09:44 magnuse that is probably not how this library wanted it to work... ;-)
09:44 cait i think the documentation could maybe be amended
09:44 cait to make it more clear
09:48 magnuse "If your library 'fines' patrons by suspending their account you can enter the number of days their fine should be suspended in the 'Suspension in days' field" from http://manual.koha-community.o[…]tml#circfinerules
09:53 cait hm would be good that this will apply for each day the item is late
09:53 cait magnuse: maybe run a quick test if we are right about that first?
10:00 magnuse with a "fine" of 30 days, i returned a book that was due on september 1st and got debarred until 09/11/2015
10:00 magnuse 14 days late x 30 days ~= 14 months
10:01 magnuse yup, that looks about right
10:10 magnuse my $suspension_days = $deltadays * $finedays;[…]852;hb=HEAD#l2125
10:18 magnuse cait++
10:19 cait lunch time :)
10:20 magnuse here too!
11:07 dexap khall: re. bug 11703, there IS javascript interpolation, see commit 9e9088049c343cc86
11:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11703 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Convert checkouts table to ajax datatable
11:13 khall paxed: either this hadn't been pushed to master yet, or the qa'er didn't know about it at the time. Good to know for the future!
11:13 paxed title += " " + BY.replace( "_AUTHOR_",  " " + );
11:13 paxed title += " " + BY + " " +;
11:14 paxed in koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/js/checkouts.js
11:15 paxed as it is, the AJAX-table is impossible to translate in a way that would satisfy users.
11:15 cait i think it overlapped
11:15 cait the patch was around, but probably not pushed yet
11:16 cait khall: i insited you make it translatable in some way, i think the option for the placeholders was not there yet
11:17 khall cait: that's what I figured
11:23 cait khall: i signed off ne of the patches from dobrica
11:23 cait could you maybe qa it?
11:23 cait the one for overdues showing in red
11:23 khall bug number?
11:23 paxed can i change the default sorting in the ajax table with jQuery in IntranetUserJS?
11:23 cait hm i sent a later to khall_away :)
11:24 khall looks like I've lost it : \
11:24 cait hm let me find it then :)
11:25 cait i#d like to give a bit of prio to teh bugs linked to bug 11703
11:25 khall thanks!
11:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11703 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Convert checkouts table to ajax datatable
11:25 cait it hink we need them in 3.16 asap
11:25 cait bug 12729
11:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12729 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Overdue items won't show as overdue in red in circulation
11:25 cait it was already switched to signed off, that's why I tackled it and then I saw it had the wrong status
11:26 cait i'd also love to see a fix for bug 12892
11:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12892 major, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, Patch doesn't apply , Holds Waiting: not showing from check out screen
11:27 cait that's a really bad one for the circ desk
11:29 tcohen joined #koha
11:29 * cait waves
11:31 khall cait: I'll take a look at both those
11:42 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:47 oleonard joined #koha
11:48 * magnuse hopes it will be easy for gmcharlt to cherrypick a patch for bug 12883
11:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12883 major, P5 - low, ---, gmc, Pushed to Master , Holds tab on checkout screen never stops processing
11:53 cait magnuse: it's a one line change, i think picking it should work
11:54 cait khall++ thx!
11:54 khall np!
11:55 oleonard Hi everyone
11:55 cait hi oleonard :)
11:56 meliss joined #koha
11:59 magnuse after upgrading from 3.14.x to 3.16.3 i have at least one instance where editing a record/adding items results in searches returning that record multiple times. so the same record is shown more than once in the results. reindexing fixes it. anyone else seen that?
11:59 * magnuse kind of fears it's a normarc thing
12:00 cait it might :( not seen that and not keen to see it
12:00 cait we have a library on 3.16.2
12:00 cait but only for a few days now and they are new to Koha
12:08 francharb joined #koha
12:09 paxed khall: so, how can i change the default sorting in the ajax table with jQuery in IntranetUserJS? i've tried everything easily googleable.
12:10 khall paxed: you'd need to be sure the datatable has loaded before executed any javascript to manipulate it. I can't think of any easy way to do that.
12:10 fridolin joined #koha
12:11 cait khall: hm do we have a patch yet for fixing the sorting?
12:11 oleonard paxed: I'm curious, how do you want it to sort?
12:12 khall cait: owen submitted one
12:12 paxed at least the table seems to sort with due_date desc, which should be asc.
12:13 oleonard I think it failed QA though. I haven't had a chance to look at it again.
12:23 magnuse bug 12899?
12:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12899 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Row grouping in checkouts table is alphabetical and layout depends on words chosen in translation
12:23 tcohen joined #koha
12:24 oleonard Yeah I've got a correction
12:25 tcohen morning
12:25 tcohen hi oleonard
12:26 mtompset joined #koha
12:26 collum joined #koha
12:26 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
12:26 mtompset eythian: Signed off.
12:26 wahanui signed off is the queue the QA team should watch
12:27 * magnuse is sometimes amazed that noone is complaining loudly about numeric subfields being displayed before alphabetic fields (e.g. $1 before $0) in the cataloguing form
12:27 mtompset -- what you were blaming tcohen for. :)
12:27 magnuse gah
12:27 magnuse $1 before $a
12:27 oleonard Bug 12899 is ready for another look
12:29 cait bug 12899
12:29 wahanui bug 12899 is ready for another look
12:29 tcohen @later tell eythian good catch, it was working on my box (perl 5.18) so I overlooked it
12:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12899 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Row grouping in checkouts table is alphabetical and layout depends on words chosen in translation
12:29 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
12:29 cait ah ther eit is
12:31 cait khall++
12:32 khall cait: I've submitted a new patch for bug 12892
12:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12892 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Holds Waiting: not showing from check out screen
12:32 khall should be an easy sign-off and qa
12:32 cait tcohen might ask for unit tests
12:33 khall oleonard: might you have a moment to test bug 12892?
12:33 tcohen he will
12:33 khall cait: I'll work on a unit test right now ; )
12:34 cait khall: maybe you can walk me through the solution sometime?
12:34 cait what it does in the modules?
12:34 cait must not be right now, just interested to understand  a bit more
12:34 khall let me know when you want to and I can do that
12:35 cait thx :)
12:35 cait could you tell how it broke? it looks like we need to add back quite a bit of code
12:36 khall cait: the holds loop was removed when we ajaxified the holds table. That loop was partly used for the holds waiting list as well
12:36 cait ah
12:36 cait oki
12:37 cait i wondered it seemed unrelated at first
12:40 fridolin see u
12:40 fridolin left #koha
12:48 cait khall: any chance you can find the other duplicate for the javascript error? I am trying to untangle the ajax related bugs a bit :)
12:48 khall do you have a bug number?
12:48 tcohen cait++
12:49 cait khall: you said there is a third one, wondering where it's hiding :)
12:49 NateC joined #koha
12:49 cait is it bug 12811?
12:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12811 normal, P5 - low, ---, abl, Passed QA , Patron 'Details' and 'Check out' pages not working properly for staff users which don't have renewal override permissions
12:50 cait jacek left a comment there, but i am highly confused by now
12:50 cait we also got bug 12920
12:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12920 trivial, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Remove AllowRenewalLimitOverride from pl scripts, use Koha.Preference instead
12:50 cait hm no
12:50 cait bug 12878
12:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12878 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, RESOLVED DUPLICATE, Not having the permission circulate_override_renewals triggers error that prevents checkouts table from loading
12:50 cait and bug 12915
12:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12915 critical, P1 - high, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, RESOLVED DUPLICATE, Convert checkouts table to ajax datatable [3.16.x], AllowRenewalLimitOverride crashes datatable
12:50 indradg joined #koha
12:50 cait help?! :)
12:51 khall lol, those three bugs fix the same thing
12:52 mtompset -- Beatles HELP! :)
12:52 cait we only got one in pqa, but with a comment from jacek that it is incomplete... could you take a look at that one?
12:53 khall the comment was that my switch to Koha.Preference was incomplete, I filed a new bug with that bug being a blocker for it
12:54 cait aah so the follow up is for that
12:54 cait ok
12:54 khall so bug 12811 is good and ready to but pushed, bug 12920 depends on it and needs sign-off.
12:54 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12811 normal, P5 - low, ---, abl, Passed QA , Patron 'Details' and 'Check out' pages not working properly for staff users which don't have renewal override permissions
12:55 khall yep, it's all good
12:55 cait ok
12:55 khall 12920 isn't critical either. It's just cleanup to follow current guidelines
12:55 oleonard_ joined #koha
12:56 cait so right now we need a signoff for the waiting bug (12892 prio 1) and this follow-up 12920
12:56 khall yep
12:57 oleonard__ joined #koha
12:58 cait khall: it starts to make sense again :)
12:58 edveal joined #koha
12:58 khall good ; )
12:58 cait khall: i think we erally need to fix those - the ajax related bugs
12:58 cait because it's in 3.16.3
12:59 khall indeed
12:59 cait so would be good if we got that all ready for tcohen and gmcharlt
12:59 khall maybe tcohen could spare a moment to sign them off?
12:59 tcohen i will
13:00 cait not sure if the RM signing them off is valid :P
13:00 cait nah, it is
13:03 oleonard joined #koha
13:11 kmlussier joined #koha
13:14 cait oleonard++ :)
13:15 oleonard Bug 12892's unit test patch doesn't have a test plan
13:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12892 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Holds Waiting: not showing from check out screen
13:16 cait oleonard: i think running the test file with prove it should pass
13:17 cait khall: i wonder if the follow up needs to be taken into account for the utf-8 patches?
13:17 cait khall: maybe we should create a link so Joubu notices?
13:17 khall cait, I just filed a followup to use EncodeUTF8
13:18 khall cait: not sure where that should be filed, can you take care of that?
13:18 cait i will put a link
13:18 khall thanks!
13:18 cait could you qa 12918?
13:19 cait then i will probably stop bugging you for today :)
13:19 khall will do!
13:21 paul_p joined #koha
13:23 khall done! easy qa on that one ; )
13:24 cait thx .)
13:24 cait tcohen will be happy
13:24 tcohen =D
13:27 nengard joined #koha
13:33 cma joined #koha
13:39 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:49 mtompset Just to note, but comment about failing on 5.14 is not a comment on the patch, but the version of perl tcohen should be using. :)
13:50 mtompset ^but^my^
13:51 eythian joined #koha
13:52 talljoy joined #koha
13:53 talljoy left #koha
13:53 talljoy joined #koha
13:55 BigRig joined #koha
14:09 jeff ``Please answer this question on list.  We just recently spoke to the salesmen from Koha and are considering using it.''
14:09 * jeff is amused
14:13 mtompset User education is difficult. We probably shouldn't be amused by the lack of understanding.
14:14 jeff I probably shouldn't be amused.
14:14 jeff Since the person has an address ending in .GOV, I'm going to assume I know the identity of the vendor in question.
14:18 cait :( maybe a link to the support provider list would be in order then?
14:20 cait jeff: which mailing list was that?
14:21 jeff OCLC-CAT
14:22 cait oh
14:23 cait ah, no public archive
14:23 * oleonard is not surprised
14:24 rocio joined #koha
14:24 oleonard jeff: Will you be responding?
14:27 oleonard jeff: The person posting the question may know the identity of the vendor, but it may not be a vendor who actually supports Koha.
14:28 jeff i don't actively participate in that list, so i'm not likely to respond.
14:29 oleonard Ah well, if someone wants to sign on with a vendor who says they support Koha but actually sell a closed fork I guess that's their business, even if they don't know any better.
14:53 tgoatley joined #koha
14:54 carmenh joined #koha
15:00 reiveune bye
15:00 reiveune left #koha
15:11 pug left #koha
15:22 cait paola++
15:22 cait good testing
15:47 cait IE--
15:50 druthb cait++ #it's monday.
15:53 laurence left #koha
16:04 druthb @karma
16:04 huginn druthb: Highest karma: "gmcharlt" (138), "cait" (134), and "oleonard" (87).  Lowest karma: "-" (-9), "^" (-7), and "ie" (-7).  You (druthb) are ranked 28 out of 270.
16:04 druthb @most increased
16:04 huginn druthb: "gmcharlt": 138, "cait": 134, "oleonard": 87, "eythian": 85, "tcohen": 81, "Joubu": 72, "ashimema": 69, "rangi": 63, "khall": 56, "bgkriegel": 45, "magnuse": 37, "dcook": 27, "fridolin": 26, "jcamins": 25, "wizzyrea": 23, "marcelr": 23, "pianohacker": 21, "bag": 20, "mveron": 16, "dpavlin": 15, "Viktor": 13, "mtompset": 12, "paul_p": 11, "yohann": 10, and "biblibre": 10
16:05 druthb @most decreased
16:05 huginn druthb: "-": 9, "^": 7, "ie": 7, "MARC": 5, "<-": 5, "indexdata": 3, "yui": 3, "css": 3, "windchill": 3, "regressions": 2, "<---": 2, "-rw-r---": 2, "overdues": 2, "failed": 2, "people_who_use_windows_xp_past_april_8": 2, "windows": 2, "Microfilm": 2, "[…]7zHvTSevTSeSSSSSS": 1, "+<!": 1, "scheduling_things_with_more_than_two_people": (1 more message)
16:05 * cait gives up on ie for today
16:05 druthb @more
16:05 huginn druthb: 1, "rebasing_patches_for_2_years": 1, "--": 1, "-/----": 1, "--//": 1, and "[…]a+Jesu%C3%ADtica+": 1
16:06 bag heya cait and druthb
16:06 druthb hiyas, bag
16:08 cait bye all
16:08 cait left #koha
16:12 oleonard YUI is officially dead. We did well ditching it when we did.
16:13 bag yup
16:14 carmenh joined #koha
16:16 oleonard Anyone else seeing mailing list traffic moving slowly? I just now got some Bugzilla update emails from hours ago.
16:17 indradg joined #koha
16:21 talljoy joined #koha
16:44 mtompset Frequently, oleonard.
17:15 gaetan_B bye!
17:32 magnuse all my zebra logs (/var/log/koha/*/zebra*.log) are empty - any way to increase the verbosity?
17:42 oleonard I must be procrastinating if I'm asking myself questions like "How would we go about changing the staff client's CSS grid system?
17:43 mtompset You are contemplating bootstrap for the staff client too?! :)
17:43 cait joined #koha
17:44 mtompset Greetings, cait. :)
17:44 oleonard YUI won't be COMPLETELY DEAD until we get rid of the YUI grid. (and update basket groups)
17:45 * mtompset cheers oleonard on in his "procrastination". :)
17:47 cait hi #koha
17:58 nengard left #koha
18:11 * magnuse cheers oleonard on too
18:14 oleonard Settle down guys, I'm only pondering vaguely how we would have to go about it
18:15 oleonard I foresee a long long period in which the old and new grid systems are both in place and pages are updated one by one
18:15 oleonard ...but having a staff client that was more usable on mobile would be pretty cool.
18:18 oleonard So... we have an installer template called "" which encompasses two steps. Tricky.
18:30 tcohen oleonard: can we do it in a 6-month cycle?
18:31 oleonard No idea.
18:33 oleonard In "Step 2" (actually step 3) of the web installer it says "Please click 'Next' to continue if this information is correct"
18:33 oleonard What do you do if it *isn't* correct?
18:34 oleonard We don't offer any suggestions.
18:37 hankbank joined #koha
18:38 ibeardslee joined #koha
18:41 cait probably... go back to the command line? no idea :)
18:42 cait oleonard++ :)
18:42 cait just thinking about it is work
18:46 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12918: fix failing test case <[…]b084b83b65295d246> / Bug 12870 - require a higher version of Test::Simple <[…]d090ccb08cd4b9132>
18:55 oleonard Is "Your Perl version seems to be obsolete" the best way to say that? "Out of date" perhaps? Or is obsolete technically correct?
18:56 cait hm where does it appear?
18:56 oleonard It's part of the web installer
18:56 cait maybe... is too old... we recommend.... ?
18:57 jcamins oleonard: do we still only require Perl 5.10?
18:57 oleonard "is too old" sounds better to me, and sounds technically more accurate
18:57 oleonard jcamins: I don't know, I'm just the front-end guy ;)
18:57 cait it's in the release notes i think
18:57 jcamins oleonard: because the oldest supported version of Perl is Perl 5.14.
18:58 jcamins Unless 5.18.0 has been released, in which case the oldest supported version is 5.16.
18:58 jcamins While "too old" does sound a bit better, I feel like we can call Perl 5.8 "obsolete."
18:59 oleonard 3.16 release notes say "Perl 5.10 is required"
18:59 tcohen jcamins: ubuntu 14.04 ships with 5.18
18:59 oleonard Gotta run, but I'll check the logs to see if anyone has suggestions for improvement
19:00 cait :)
19:14 tgoatley joined #koha
19:17 cait khall: i don't agree about the dogs ;)
19:17 khall heh, don't tell nengard that!
19:18 cait hm good point
19:18 cait but can we also include sloths?
19:33 cait khall: working with tcohen on the agenda for tomorrow - did you find something about dbic conventions for the coding guidelines?
19:34 test joined #koha
19:34 khall is it on the wiki? can you give me a link?
19:34 cait agenda is here
19:34 cait I was looking at the items from last time
19:35 cait we haven't added anything to the coding guidelines yet
19:35 khall I think the discussion is still ongoing
19:35 khall but should be discussed during the meeting
19:35 cait yep, i will add it again
19:36 cait but my impression was that we were looking for something written with best practice or so
19:37 khall that could be very different depending on the outcome of our dbic discussion. I don't think we can nail down anything just yet
19:40 khall gotta run. later all!
19:42 cait ok
19:42 cait bye khall_away
19:54 rangi morning
19:55 cait morning rangi
19:55 tcohen hi rangio
19:56 tcohen s/o//
19:56 tcohen \o/
19:56 rangi heh
20:30 carmenh_lunch joined #koha
20:54 NateC joined #koha
20:59 francharb hi all, I have a record with the correct language code in 008, record.abs gives me melm 008 ln:w:range(data,35,3) so I guess the index is correctly built
21:00 francharb but I can't find the record if I limit the search by language
21:00 francharb on the other hand, if the language code is in 041$a, it works
21:01 francharb record.abs gives me melm 041$a      ln
21:01 francharb I don't get why the index doesn't contain the 008 value.
21:01 francharb Any idea?
21:02 wizzyrea someone at some point thought it was too tricky to encode it in the 008?
21:02 wizzyrea or someone at some point had records that had language in the 041, and thought "well everyone has it this way I'll change it"
21:02 wizzyrea (of course, not everyone has it that way)
21:04 francharb wizzyrea, I think this library import record and doesn't change this value
21:04 cait hm marc21? how are you searching for the language code?
21:04 francharb cait, yes, marc21
21:05 francharb I used the search page
21:05 cait did you chck the codes match?
21:05 francharb yes
21:05 cait i think we had some trouble there in the past
21:05 francharb in 2012
21:05 cait can you share a search link?
21:05 francharb I found the budg
21:05 francharb ;)
21:06 francharb sure
21:06 francharb http://koha.vaniercollege.qc.c[…]it=&do=Rechercher
21:06 francharb ln,rtrn=fre
21:06 cait hm
21:06 francharb I removed the rtrn, it doesnt work either...
21:06 cait i will try and catalog a record in my installation sec
21:07 francharb cait, I guess here is the bug you are refering to :[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7586
21:07 huginn Bug 7586: normal, P5 - low, ---, veron, CLOSED FIXED, Search: Language restriction does  NOT show expected results (no items shown)
21:07 francharb ;)
21:07 cait ah, there are multiple :)
21:07 cait one for unimarc too
21:07 NateC joined #koha
21:08 cait francharb: does ln=fre work in a keyword search?
21:08 francharb yes
21:08 cait hm interesting
21:08 wahanui well, interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
21:09 francharb cait, the records I'm looking for have 008 35/3 = fre but no 041$a
21:10 cait francharb: it doesn't work for me iether
21:10 francharb but with ln=fre, the records I found have 041$a = fre
21:10 francharb ok :(
21:11 francharb but :), I'm not crazy
21:11 francharb ;)
21:11 cait you don't seem to be
21:11 francharb thanks! ;)
21:11 cait ah are you using dom or grs-1 indexing?
21:11 francharb good question
21:11 francharb I dont know
21:11 francharb let me see if I can see it
21:14 francharb cait, koha-conf says "dom"
21:14 cait hm you can ignore record.abs then
21:16 francharb but but, zebra-biblios.cfg doesnt seem complete...
21:16 francharb I dont have the reference to dom-config.xml
21:17 francharb I never actually pay attention to this, so I'm not sure how it works
21:17 cait hm not totally sure either
21:17 cait dom is a  ibt of a blind spot for me still
21:17 francharb cait, record.abs is just for grs?
21:17 cait yes
21:17 cait i am cetain about that
21:17 francharb ok. do you know what is the dom equivalent?
21:18 cait i think the xml xsl in the same directory... but i haven't taken a closer look at dom config so far :(
21:19 cait maybe you can find some info here
21:19 cait[…]i/MRenvoize/zebra
21:19 francharb cait, but it's the default setting now, right?
21:19 cait we are moving to it yes
21:19 francharb ok
21:20 francharb thanks for the wiki page, I'm going to read it and do a couple of checks!
21:20 francharb but it will be tomorrow!
21:21 francharb I spent the day with a headache and computer work doesnt help!
21:21 francharb ahah
21:21 cait oh
21:21 cait same here today
21:21 cait hope it goes away
21:21 francharb it will but it's time to rest!
21:21 francharb have a good evening cait
21:21 cait youtoo
21:22 francharb thanks!
22:07 eythian hi
22:07 wahanui bonjour, eythian
22:09 eythian @later tell tcohen it should have appeared as a warning. We should start using this:[…]est/ in test cases to catch that kind of thing.
22:09 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
22:10 * cait waves at eythian
22:10 cait night all
22:10 wahanui goodnight cait. You'll be back.
22:10 cait left #koha
22:10 eythian hi cait
22:10 eythian bye cait
23:09 papa joined #koha
23:55 rocio left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary