IRC log for #koha, 2014-08-28

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 eythian gmcharlt: I think that bug 12642 ought to go into 3.16 too
00:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12642 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , SMS.t requires a database
00:26 eythian 3.16.03 packages uploading
00:26 eythian *uploaded
00:53 dcook Ok, done all the things I know how to do to remember how to do the things I've forgotten how to do :p
00:53 dcook How hard can it be to remember something that's been forgotten?
00:53 * dcook says having no idea where his LiveUSB of Ubuntu has wandered off to...
00:53 wizzyrea you need to find the right stimulus
00:53 wizzyrea to remind you
00:54 wizzyrea where were you the last time you had it? what were you doing? was it a special day? were there any strange smells? were you listening to specific music?
00:54 dcook It's a good idea
00:54 dcook I used to use that music trick
00:54 * dcook would listen to music while studying, and found humming to himself really helped recall stuff
00:54 dcook I think my wife might've moved the USB though :p
00:55 wizzyrea that's less helpful.
00:55 dcook As for DSpace... I suppose that's why we have grep
00:55 dcook Hmm, grep letting me down..
00:56 dcook I really hope this doesn't require me to write Java and recompile...
00:57 dcook I don't mind the writing Java part. It's just the recompiling time.
00:57 dcook Bleargh.
00:57 dcook Oh ho, I think it's just a config change
00:58 dcook As much as we might complain about Koha at times, it really does have a fairly low bar to entry
00:58 dcook I mean...certain modules can be scary, but overall... if you follow the string you'll get there
01:06 * indradg is completely fox with this sandbox error in patch application
01:06 indradg s/fox/foxed
01:08 dcook indradg: :(
01:10 indradg dcook: i keep getting -> fatal: sha1 information is lacking or useless (koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/p​rog/en/modules/
01:10 indradg Repository lacks necessary blobs to fall back on 3-way merge.
01:10 indradg Cannot fall back to three-way merge.
01:10 indradg my local repo is synced up
01:11 dcook Is that someone else's patch you're testing?
01:12 dcook I've seen that happen when the author needs to rebase their patch against master
01:19 indradg dcook: nope... my own stuff
01:19 indradg when i run -> git rebase origin/master
01:20 indradg I get -> Current branch bug_12815 is up to date.
01:28 eythian how many patches away from master is it?
01:44 wizzyrea maybe you need to git fetch?
01:44 wizzyrea I usually do git fetch && git rebase origin/master to get my master branch up to date
01:45 wizzyrea indradg ^
01:45 indradg wizzyrea: while being on your working branch?
01:49 eythian wizzyrea: git pull --rebase does that
01:49 eythian assuming there's a tracking branch set, which there should be
01:52 indradg ok! this is getting slightly crazy! about 4 hours back I did a fresh kohaclone. Just to be sure. mv-ed my kohaclone out of the way, brought in the 4 hour old repo backup.
01:52 indradg created a branch qa_bug_12815 as if I was testing someone else's patch
01:53 indradg then git am -3 -i -u <patch>
01:53 indradg no complaint... nothing... code runs
01:53 indradg wizzyrea, eythian
01:54 eythian that's what I'd expect
02:01 indradg eythian: same patches attached  in bugzilla, and yet sandbox is barfing :(
02:02 eythian the patches are probably based off a hash that the sandboxes don't have
02:02 eythian they may not be totally current.
02:03 wizzyrea ^^
02:03 wizzyrea I'd suspect the sandbox needs to fetch/pull
02:07 indradg wizzyrea: hmmm btw, just tried with bug 12539 that rangi requested for sign-offs
02:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12539 normal, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Needs Signoff , PROG/CCSR deprecation: Remove hardcoded theme from C4/
02:08 indradg and this is the error in this case -
02:08 indradg wizzyrea  ^^^
02:10 indradg @later tell Joubu can you please confirm on biblibre sandboxes. this happens on sandbox 7
02:10 huginn indradg: The operation succeeded.
02:10 indradg s/happpens/happened/
02:11 wizzyrea yeah looks like it's not up to date
02:11 wizzyrea eythian: I keep meaning to change my default behaviour of git pull.
02:12 wizzyrea but there's also a part of me that likes seeing both parts.
02:12 eythian I almost never use pull
02:12 wizzyrea me either.
02:12 wizzyrea *almost* never.
02:14 wizzyrea indradg: those patches apply fine on master for me - I'd say the fault lies with the sandbox.
02:15 indradg wizzyrea: could you find a moment to see if patches 1 - 4 of bug 12815 applies or not? i wasted almost 5 hours thinking I was doing something wrong :(
02:15 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12815 enhancement, P3, ---, indradg, Needs Signoff , Adding browser based multi-lingual jquery.ime input method support to Koha
02:15 * indradg needs to read more on git #notetoself
02:18 wizzyrea yeah I just did everything that is on the bug, they all apply :)
02:18 indradg dang!
02:19 indradg thank you wizzyrea
02:19 wizzyrea yep nw, now go to bed :)
02:19 indradg heh
02:19 indradg yes ma'am!
03:08 rocio joined #koha
03:08 rocio left #koha
03:21 dcook're no fun to use... no fun at all..
03:35 kmlussier left #koha
03:49 indradg joined #koha
04:50 irma__ joined #koha
05:10 cait joined #koha
05:18 dcook hey cait :)
05:18 cait morning dcook :)
05:19 eythian hi cait
05:20 cait hi eythian :)
05:21 cait heh
05:21 cait i think that's from a tv series or something
05:21 eythian ?
05:21 eythian oh
05:22 eythian I just figured it's how Germans tend to do things, they are a bit weird after all :)
05:22 eythian wahanui: germany
05:22 wahanui germany is where germs come from. Ask me about germs.
05:22 cait :P
05:22 cait not weirder than nzers i would say
05:27 irma_375 joined #koha
05:34 irma_808 joined #koha
05:38 indradg joined #koha
05:48 indradg hi... how do i configure git-bz?
05:48 cait git-bz?
05:48 wahanui hmmm... git-bz is at[…]_bz_configuration
05:48 cait i think it shoudl be all there
05:48 cait important is to check out the fishsoup branch and set the git variables
05:49 pastebot "indradg" at pasted "this is the error I'm facing" (21 lines) at
05:50 indradg cait: followed the wiki link to the T; python v 2.7.4 and pointed to by /usr/bin/python
05:50 indradg :-(
05:51 cait hm
05:51 cait i'd check you have set your bugzilla login
05:51 indradg hmmm
05:58 pastebot "indradg" at pasted "cait: my ~/.gitconfig" (21 lines) at
05:58 indradg cait ^^
05:59 indradg i don't see anything that shouldn't be the way it should
06:00 cait hm not sure
06:00 cait i think it does look more like a config thing to me, because it seems to try to do something with the cookie
06:01 cait normally git bz would use a cookie to see if you are logged into bugzilla, but we changed it because on a server - no cookies
06:01 cait so it learned to use your login information
06:01 cait if you do a git branch in the git repositoriy of git bz
06:01 cait which branch are you on=
06:01 cait ?
06:02 barton_away joined #koha
06:16 ashimema morning.
06:16 wahanui Ah, morning. The cat must be wanting breakfast.
06:16 dcook heya ashimema
06:16 wahanui hmmm... ashimema is on qa now .)
06:18 ashimema that's a new one wahanui..
06:18 ashimema my cat certainly is wanting breakfast
06:19 * cait waves
06:19 ashimema hi cait
06:19 ashimema do you ever sleep cait?
06:20 cait sleep?
06:20 wahanui sleep is an addiction that can be cured!
06:23 indradg morning ashimema
06:24 indradg I've a question for you, how frequently are your sandboxes synced with koha master?
06:24 indradg wahanui for a bot, you are wise
06:24 wahanui OK, indradg.
06:25 ashimema nightly
06:25 ashimema at 1.15 am GMT
06:27 indradg ashimema: thanks :)
06:27 ashimema for instance.. this morning they are behind master by one commit.
06:28 indradg ashimema: that explains the hash fails :)
06:28 ashimema I was tempted to resync ever time a sandbox was requested.. but that ended up with a larger number of failing to apply
06:28 indradg ok
06:28 ashimema I can manually update one for you if you like?
06:28 indradg ashimema: that would be nice :)
06:29 ashimema ok.. sandbox0 and sandbox1 are now synced with master.
06:31 ashimema I just went ahead and updated all of them
06:31 ashimema now you can pick and choose
06:31 ashimema Bug 12176 - Remove HTML from
06:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12176 minor, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Passed QA , Remove HTML from
06:31 ashimema is the latest commit on them all..
06:32 indradg thats awesome!
06:32 indradg ashimema++ :D
06:32 ashimema your welcome
06:34 marcelr joined #koha
06:34 marcelr hi #koha
06:40 cait left #koha
06:42 ashimema cheers for persevering so on the SRU patches marcelr
06:42 marcelr hi ashimena
06:42 marcelr time to finish that :)
06:43 ashimema :-)
06:45 reiveune joined #koha
06:45 reiveune hello
06:45 wahanui what's up, reiveune
06:46 magnuse joined #koha
06:46 magnuse marcelr++ for not giving up on sru!
06:46 marcelr hi magnuse
06:51 dcook ++ for all!
06:51 * dcook waves to reiveune, magnuse, and marcelr
06:51 magnuse hiya dcook
06:51 dcook :)
06:51 magnuse and marcelr
06:51 wahanui somebody said marcelr was looking for a signoff on follow up 6786
06:51 marcelr bug 6786
06:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6786 critical, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---,, CLOSED FIXED, False detection of index names in Search; make index names case insensitive
06:52 marcelr hi dcook
06:52 magnuse probably not looking for a signff then :-)
06:52 indradg at the risk of sounding like a crackpot, we don't have a 'bootstrap' in the staff client.. do we?
06:52 marcelr dcook: bug 7710 has my attention too
06:52 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7710 new feature, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Failed QA , multiple holds per title
06:54 dcook indradg: Well, that's a good question.
06:54 dcook indradg: We only have a prog theme, but it includes bootstrap in it
06:54 dcook If I recall correctly
06:55 dcook marcelr: Glad to hear it :). I do think it's a really tricky one :/.
06:55 marcelr holds are
06:55 dcook Totally
06:56 * dcook doesn't even use holds at his local library
06:56 indradg dcook: heh... i know that... mtompset's left a comment  on my patch that had me scratching my head
06:56 dcook But that's due to a different policy decision...
06:56 dcook indradg: Ahh, fair enough :)
06:57 indradg so, just wanted to sure, before i made a complete display of ignorance :)
06:57 dcook Hehe
06:57 dcook Yeah, I used to make a complete display of ignorance quite often in 2012 and 2013 I think
06:58 dcook I think I've gotten a bit better in 2014
06:58 dcook Although I double-check everything and write out everything to the point that no one will want to read what I put ;)
06:58 ashimema we all do it from time to time..
06:58 ashimema me more often than many I reckon
07:00 indradg :)
07:02 Joubu Hello
07:02 indradg morning Joubu
07:03 Joubu indradg: What happened on sandbox 7?
07:03 indradg Joubu, my cluelessness about the time of re-sync with master :P
07:05 ashimema Joubu.. your snadboxes still sync to master on a nightly basis don't they ?
07:05 Joubu indradg: something to know: the sandboxes update the Koha src at midnight GMT (or something like that).
07:05 Joubu yep
07:06 ashimema I was saying to indradg that I was tempted to add a sync to master as part of the sandbox setup call..
07:06 ashimema so your 'always' up to date.
07:06 Joubu Yes, this should be like that
07:07 ashimema I still have to run a very slightly different versino to you.. as we're running them all on one vm here on a multi-tenant setup
07:07 Joubu ashimema: actually both should be done: if a sandbox does not receive a request for 1 month, the git fetch will be quite long
07:08 ashimema at some point I should take the effort to make it work both ways (multi-tenant and single-tenant) then send you a pull request
07:08 ashimema Yeah.. I was thinking that..
07:08 ashimema remind me.. can you test over multiple days with the current setup.. i't sbeen a while since I looked at the code.
07:09 ashimema I don't recall it checking your test branch back out after the master update
07:09 Joubu ashimema: no, the src is reset to master
07:09 Joubu and the DB is drop/recreate
07:09 ashimema Thought so..
07:10 ashimema that's another enhancement I was thinking of doing..
07:10 ashimema adding an option to say I want this sandbox for x days (within reason)
07:11 Joubu apparently not the DB it seems
07:11 cait joined #koha
07:12 Joubu ashimema: yes there are a loooot of enh to dev for sandboxes. And the code is not really friendly...
07:12 ashimema its a great start.. neither of us has enough time to really work on them though
07:12 ashimema ;)
07:14 * cait learned things about taxes today she didn't want to know
07:14 cait or acq in genearl
07:14 cait it can be necessary to have 2 different invoices for 2 different vendors for one book, because customs gets a part and then the bookseller gets a part
07:15 cait and different taxes for the same thing - like a print serial with online access - because electronic is 19 and print is 7...
07:15 magnuse kia ora cait!
07:15 * cait is horrified heh
07:16 cait oh and last but not least: order from one vendor - pay another
07:16 magnuse such fun!
07:16 magnuse "buying books" - it sounds so simple...
07:17 * indradg is a blind fool!
07:18 Joubu cait: whaou, it's crazy!
07:18 cait it totally is
07:18 cait i wonder
07:18 cait how they do that... 2 parts of taxes for the same thing?
07:19 cait and if it would make sense to have that calculatons in a separate table then to allow for 1:n relationships to an order line later...
07:22 Joubu cait: where do you would like to set a 1:n relationship? between aqorders and ?
07:22 cait i am trying to imagine how that woudl look like on the page - the 7 and 19 percent taxes for the same thing... thing
07:23 Joubu hum, I don't know :)
07:23 cait i thik the problem really is, that you'd need a way to specifiy partial costs with different taxes, like what francharb wanted for freight, but not a freight field only but something repeatable with a type
07:24 cait type - gst rate - amount or something
07:24 cait i am still a little scared
07:24 cait but it's good to get told what acq needs, better to know...
07:24 Joubu But this can happen somewhere else than Germany?
07:24 cait not sure, but i wouldn't rule it out
07:24 cait :)
07:24 Joubu or it's just a Germany specific crazy idea?
07:24 cait @quote get 123
07:24 wahanui
07:24 huginn cait: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
07:25 Joubu ...
07:25 cait i think the idea to be able to split costs i can undertand
07:25 cait a system to not ony have a total, but varous entries... i think that could be useful in different cases - like customs, freight, different services, etc.
07:26 cait entries that combine to a total
07:26 cait marcelr: it seems dcook is also thinking about multiple holds, did you see his comment on 7710?
07:26 marcelr hi cait: yes i noticed thx
07:27 cait i guess ultimately there will have to be different apporaches available to solve this
07:39 ashimema bug 7710
07:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7710 new feature, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Failed QA , multiple holds per title
07:40 ashimema I'm sure I asked a couple of our libraries to look at the tax rfc..
07:40 ashimema hope they bothered to comment on it.
07:40 * ashimema heads off to check
07:40 cait ashimema: not much on the wiki so far
07:40 cait i will try to add more comments... but i am not sure it will help solve all the craziness
07:41 cait the requirements, not the rfc
07:41 ashimema[…]i/GST_Rewrite_RFC
07:41 ashimema that one right?
07:42 cait yes
07:48 ashimema cait.. we have that issue too in the UK it seems.
07:48 ashimema where a single item can have multiple tax rates applied to it
07:49 cait .. congratulations?
07:49 marcelr Joubu: you still have a non-pushed patch on bug 11518 which is in Pushed to master-state; so it will probably be ignored?
07:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11518 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Add new method to Koha::Schema::Result::Item that will always return the correct itemtype
07:50 ashimema That's the bit that's holding me back on passing TestBuilder marcelr ;)
07:51 ashimema I waiting for khall to turn up so I can quiz him on a few bits
07:51 marcelr i did not look at TestBuilder actually
07:52 Joubu marcelr: it is a patch for discussion.
07:53 marcelr yes, but it will not receive much attention in this status
07:54 Joubu marcelr: I asked some people to have a look, but it did not obtained unanimous agreement
07:55 marcelr too bad that you cannot see it on the report itself
07:55 ashimema marcelr.. there's a followup in the TestBuilder stuff that I 'think' achieves the same thing as Joubu's followup in bug 11518 but in a totally different way..
07:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11518 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Add new method to Koha::Schema::Result::Item that will always return the correct itemtype
07:56 ashimema but I need some clarification before moving further on either approach..
07:56 marcelr ashimema: where specifically?
07:56 Joubu (actually I thought I sent an email to koha-devel, but I don't find any mark of that)
07:56 ashimema bug 12603
07:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12603 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, Signed Off , TestBuilder - Module to simplify the writing of tests
07:57 ashimema comment 5 is the golden goose
07:58 ashimema and comment 6 is Kyles alternate followup patch
07:58 Joubu marcelr:[…]4-07-07#i_1533537
07:58 Joubu marcelr:[…]4-07-18#i_1538117
07:58 indradg hi... is by any chance a sign-off message supposed to come into the bugzilla as an attachment / a patch?
07:59 akafred joined #koha
07:59 Joubu[…]4-07-09#i_1534491
08:00 marcelr everybody takes a look, but you had no answers so far..
08:00 marcelr kijken, niet kopen
08:01 marcelr take a look, do not buy (dutch shopping)
08:01 cait indradg: what do you want to do? :)
08:02 ashimema Yeah..
08:02 ashimema seems noone rally knows it well enough to give a sensible answer
08:03 ashimema Colins added some comments to the tx RFC for us now :)
08:04 indradg cait: figure out what I'm supposed to do when i receive a sign-off
08:06 Joubu indradg: wait for the qa :)
08:07 cait indradg: the sign offer should switch to 'signed off' and then qa sees it and will get to it... as soon as time permits
08:08 indradg Joubu: I'm :-) however, in the meanwhile, some enlightenment on what to do with this ->[…]31223&action=edit will be great :)
08:08 indradg cait ^^^ that's why i asked
08:09 indradg am I supposed to obsolete it or do nothing?
08:10 Joubu indradg: the patches are not SO
08:11 Joubu indradg: it seems Marc (Véron) started to SO it, but found an issue at the end. And did not finish to SO
08:11 ashimema damn that bug has got confusing.
08:12 Joubu indradg: the SO patch should be obsoleted
08:12 ashimema indradg: which patches are still relevant
08:12 indradg Joubu:  thank you :-)
08:12 Joubu indradg: it's what I undestand...
08:18 ashimema indradg.. I think you cna also switch status on that bug from 'failed qa' to 'needs signoff'
08:19 ashimema I can't see what M Tompsett is talking about.. there's not bad prog references in the current patch set.. so maybe you already fixed it.
08:23 indradg ashimema: nope! I've not written single line for the prog opac template, the has quite a different structure
08:23 ashimema deffo set the status back to needs sign off then
08:24 ashimema and one of us will take a look at signing it off again.
08:24 cait Joubu: bad news
08:24 wahanui hmmm... bad news is that you're probably royally screwed
08:24 indradg in the meanwhile have put up patches for the two typos and that accidental license deletion in
08:24 cait Joubu: it seems to be a thing in the EU
08:25 cait Joubu: book with dvd - book is a book... dvd is a service... so different tax rates applying - things like that
08:26 Joubu cait: Ok. I don't plan to include it in the development. But I keep it in mind.
08:27 ashimema Joubu.. are you intending on doing this as series of bugs.. or one monster bug..
08:27 cait good question
08:27 ashimema I'm thinking a series will be much easier to split accross the qa/signoff team people
08:27 cait i think first we need to move over... but we also should keep in mind that we might want a 1: n in the future
08:27 ashimema I'm also pretty keen to see rangi's approach taken.. write tests first :)
08:28 cait so would be good and try not to make that too hard as a next scary step
08:28 ashimema but then I'm not the one doing the coding.. i'm mostly interested in making sure it gets throuh once you've put all the hard work in ;)
08:28 Joubu ashimema: a series of bugs, of course. I already started.
08:28 ashimema brill
08:28 cait Joubu: i like the idea of splitting up the ACQ thing
08:28 Joubu bug 12827
08:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12827 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , NewOrder returns basketno
08:28 cait hm C4:Acquisitions that is
08:29 Joubu the omnibus is bug 1825
08:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1825 blocker, P3, ---, gmcharlt, CLOSED FIXED, Hold awaiting pickup seems incorrect.
08:29 Joubu oops
08:29 Joubu bug 12825
08:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12825 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , GST / VAT rewrite
08:29 ashimema cheers
08:30 indradg cait: in india books and journals attract sales tax, the subscriptions of serials or online resources sales + service tax and if a DVD then sales tax + VAT and service tax if a subscription
08:30 cait ok, so we also got that in india
08:30 cait ...
08:30 cait it's global madness!
08:31 cait Joubu: don't get scared, but i will try to add the use cases they send me to your wiki page
08:31 Joubu it's a global conspiracy!
08:31 cait to have them online somewhere
08:31 cait so we can keep it in mind and maybe think of ways to not make it harder to implement
08:31 indradg we actually might need geography specific switches
08:32 indradg kinda reminds me of early days of programming for NN and IE :P
08:32 cait but i think first we need to consolidate(?) the current feature set
08:32 ashimema indeed..
08:32 cait indradg: so far i think we could put it into a general system, with some custom pull downs
08:33 Joubu cait: yes, the main goal is to rewrite and fix existing bugs.
08:33 cait but gathering use cases will certainly be good
08:33 indradg cait: plus there is more madness when the books and journals or their subscriptions are foreign sourced
08:33 cait indradg: that's true here too :)
08:34 ashimema I will certainly be following the series with interest Joubu.. you have our support here.. I know Colin will also be wathcing it for changes so he can keep the EDI stuff in line :)
08:34 indradg the VAT chargebacks that do not materials for an overseas sale
08:34 indradg s/materials/materialise/
08:34 Joubu ashimema: thanks! good to know
08:36 cait Joubu: i will try to keep on it as well
08:36 Joubu ashimema: I started with some refactoring, to make the code more readable. That's why I need feedback (cf my email on koha-devel yesterday)
08:36 cait i am lookig forward to see that code improved and centralized as much as possible
08:37 cait and then... wemight be able to implement the other crazy schemes too
08:37 Joubu marcelr: I answered Marc in comment 9 (bug 12603)
08:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12603 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, Signed Off , TestBuilder - Module to simplify the writing of tests
08:38 Joubu "The need is to provide some examples on how use this module for further uses."
08:38 marcelr yeah i saw that
08:38 indradg cait[…]brary-association
08:39 Joubu marcelr: and the Closure* files are old and unused files
08:39 marcelr ok
08:39 marcelr they should not have been there at all
08:41 cait Joubu: do you think there will be some time to expand the colvis things now that the base it's in?
08:41 cait i know... time is always the big problem
08:41 Joubu cait: I plan to add colvis to the acq tables (after the rewrite)
08:41 cait i think you said you will use it for the acq?
08:41 cait ok
08:42 cait maybe i can try to do another simple one sometime... but ... gah. distance study first right now :(
08:43 Joubu Does someone have a good idea for 12833?
08:43 Joubu bug 12833
08:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12833 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , Patron search no longer searches extended attributes
08:44 Joubu it's a major one, I can provide a patch quickly But I don't know how to fix it cleanly
08:48 cait sorry, i have to pass
08:48 cait bit grumpy i missed it :)
08:49 ashimema I'll have a read of the problem Joubu and get back to you if my brain starts to work ;)
09:01 Joubu ashimema: Colin is not here?
09:06 ashimema He's not on IRC at the minute..
09:07 ashimema think he's head down in edi at the minute..
09:07 ashimema did you want him for somthing?
09:08 Joubu ashimema: just ask him something about the notes he let on the tax rfc. It's not urgent
09:08 ashimema I can probably get him to come on here.. one tic
09:09 magnuse joined #koha
09:13 ashimema Joubu.. he's just kicking his irc client into life now ;)
09:14 ColinC joined #koha
09:14 Joubu Hi ColinC :) Thanks for your notes on the tax RFC.
09:15 Joubu What do you mean by "I've seen at least 3 contradictory defnitions of the RRP acronym". On the RFC or on master?
09:15 ColinC No in previous discussions of it
09:16 Joubu 2/ About the rounding: I planned to add a syspref to manage the number of decimal. So we will need something like decimal(13,4) in DB, I think
09:16 Joubu and we need to have the same type for all fields storing prices
09:17 ColinC yes an "approved" Koha monetary type
09:17 Joubu 3/ "We should probably avoid truncated names": What do you suggest?
09:18 ColinC use full terms like list_price etc
09:19 Joubu recommended_retail_price_including_tax is quite long, don't you think?: )
09:20 Joubu I am completely up for discussion on the names.
09:20 ColinC Yes but isnt that just list_price?
09:21 Joubu ColinC: no, there is a listprice and a rpp field
09:21 Joubu are
09:21 cait yeah i got confused there too
09:21 cait it seems we have rrp and listprice, and also unit price ... and gah.
09:22 Joubu actually the listprice DB field == "Vendor price" on the interface
09:22 Joubu and rrp (replacement cost on the interface) == listprice adjusted for the currency
09:22 ColinC I think at some point in the rfc theres a list of price fields we should ensure the definitions are in the code doc
09:23 ColinC I think if rrp = replacement cost we should use replacement_cost
09:23 Joubu ColinC: I kept all the field names, just added _et and _it
09:23 Joubu for exclude and include tax
09:24 Joubu what they represent will be the same as before
09:24 cait i thik replacement cost was just wrong, not sure where that came from
09:25 Joubu yes, that's why I changed the description in the RFC
09:25 * magnuse thought rrp = recommended retail price
09:25 Joubu magnuse: that's it
09:25 ColinC In the UK RRP was the standard book trade term for recommended retail price
09:26 Joubu "rrp_et => recommended retail price excluding tax  " :)
09:26 ColinC Its been supplanted by list price as RRP was also associated with a now obsolete book trade legal framework
09:26 Joubu That's why I told that recommended_retail_price_excluding_tax is too looong
09:28 cait ColinC: as native speaking commenter... you get bonus points for suggesting something that makes sense :)
09:28 cait What do people think of not using gst/vat but just tax?
09:29 Joubu cait: it makes sense to me
09:31 ColinC definitely
09:34 ColinC Just looking at Edifact invoices  and tax may be of 3 types VAT | GST or Duty ... I think just using tax in Koha is much clearer
09:34 cait ColinC: even more types here i learned...
09:34 cait see my last comment in future enh
09:35 ColinC For those places that dont use it GST just sounds weird but we all recognize Tax .... less baffling for translators I'd think
09:35 cait true
09:36 cait hm looks 4 types int heir list - with different rates
09:36 cait ah sorry - one library sent me a lit of taxes they use
09:39 ColinC On UK invoices you usually see the terms net price and gross price
09:40 cait another question: tax registered - does it do something? is there code for it? and do we need to factor that in?
09:41 Joubu cait: I am going to sent a bug report for that :)
09:41 Joubu cait: it's not in used in any calculation
09:41 Joubu cait: it's just a boolean, at the moment
09:42 cait i have a feeling like it used to be used... but - i never coud find out for what
09:43 cait but maybe before we remove better to check - it doesn't hurt if it's just an information you can store, but should be documented that way
09:43 ColinC It might be something people want to record but I cant see it affecting any operations within  Koha
09:46 cait lunch time here - happy to see the discussion - hope we can figure it out :)
09:46 Joubu bug 12839
09:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12839 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , aqbooksellers.gstreg is never used
09:46 ColinC FYI there are 4 types of price distinguished in Edifact Invoices
09:49 ColinC (calculation_price_net calculation_price_gross information_price_incl_tax information_price_excl_tax
09:49 ashimema madnes
09:50 ColinC both the net and gross exclude tax as that is in a separate field
09:53 Joubu I am going to sent an email to koha-devel to ask some thought about our discussion.
09:53 ashimema both net and gross exclude tax.. that's really wierd.
09:53 ashimema what's the differentiating factor between net and gross in edi terms then?
09:54 ColinC Not really if you are an accountant you want to keep the tax column separate from the goods column
09:55 ashimema which makes sense.. but what else differentiates gross and net if it's not tax?
09:55 ashimema pre discount/surcharge.. that sort of thing?
09:56 ColinC net = price minus allowances & discounts plus charges (i.e. what you actually pay supplier for goods)
09:57 ColinC gross = price exclusive of allowances and charges
09:58 ashimema I understand now..
09:58 ashimema cheers
10:01 ColinC I think theres a market for a 'Basic accountancy for programmers' book
10:08 indradg joined #koha
10:20 marcelr Joubu: could you sign off on the last follow-up for 11518 please ?
10:23 ashimema khall_away  ping
10:24 Joubu marcelr: I would prefer someone else to sign it off.
10:24 marcelr you see a problem?
10:25 Joubu marcelr: not me, but others saw problems :)
10:25 marcelr you saw that i added a followup?
10:25 Joubu yep
10:25 marcelr ok
10:26 marcelr i will ask kyle, galen or tomas then
10:26 marcelr you asked them to look at it..
10:27 ashimema that's probably best marcelr..
10:27 marcelr you can do it too of course, ashimema ?
10:27 Joubu marcelr: "There is no need to define biblioitem routines, if we can access them via biblioitemnumber."
10:27 marcelr ?
10:28 ashimema Yeah.. I'm reading the code again.. but I'm still a bit of a dbic rookie
10:28 Joubu marcelr: yes but it's better to call $biblio->biblioitem->items than $biblio->biblioitemnumber->items
10:28 marcelr Joubu: the relation is called biblioitemnumber
10:28 Joubu it makes more sense, I think
10:28 Joubu marcelr: yes, the relation is badly named :)
10:28 marcelr that's my point
10:29 marcelr i do not like to define something to replace a bad name
10:30 Joubu marcelr: It was one of the main goal of the first patch
10:30 Joubu[…]ment.cgi?id=27345
10:30 Joubu +++ b/Koha/Schema/Result/
10:31 Joubu look at the new belongs_to relations the patch added
10:31 Joubu the need was to call biblioitem instead of biblioitemnumber. That's why I kept this idea
10:32 marcelr if that is a real need, isn't there a better way to do it?
10:34 Joubu I thought I proposed a better way to do :)
10:34 marcelr :)
10:34 marcelr too many people have too many ideas..
10:35 Joubu we need ideas!
10:55 cait our results xslt is very ugly.
10:55 cait not an idea exactly.. more a gneral complaint
10:55 * cait goes back to reading it
11:15 indradg joined #koha
11:18 khall mornin cait et al!
11:19 cait morning khall :)
11:19 wahanui morning khall :) are you a dad yet?
11:19 khall wahanui: I've been a dad for months now!
11:19 wahanui khall: sorry...
11:20 indradg lol
11:20 indradg morning khall
11:20 khall morning!
11:20 wahanui morning is a state of cat
11:20 cait mirning khall :)?
11:20 cait morning khall :)?
11:20 wahanui morning khall :) are you a dad yet?
11:21 indradg wahanui: who is schrodinger?
11:21 wahanui bugger all, i dunno, indradg
11:21 cait forget morning khall
11:21 cait forget morning khall :)
11:21 wahanui cait: I forgot morning khall :)
11:21 * khall is getting very confused ; )
11:21 cait me too
11:21 cait our xslt to make the material types and things is ... ocnfusing
11:27 ashimema morning khall
11:28 khall mornin ashimema!
11:43 Joubu khall: It's not possible to remove C4::Utils::Datatables::Member
11:44 Joubu khall: I am not sure you answer me correctly. The both Search routine are completly differents
11:44 khall Joubu: that's the problem
11:45 Joubu khall: not really a problem. C4::Members::Search should be removed
11:45 cait quick question... has a library of yours asked to display something ddc classifications or 84 so far?
11:45 khall I don't think C4::Utils::Datatables::Member should be removed,
11:45 khall Joubu: other parts of Koha use C4::Members::Search
11:45 cait i am wondering it would make sense to add those to the xslt - we have a few
11:45 Joubu khall: sorry, read too fast
11:46 Joubu khall: not a lot.
11:46 Joubu just 1 or 2 occurrences it seems
11:47 Joubu khall: the previous behavior was : search on attributes if no result in "standard" fields
11:47 khall yeah, but the search in C4::Utils::Datatables::Member has regressions. So it seems most logical to have C4::Utils::Datatables::Member use C4::Members::Search to get the patron data to convert into datatable format
11:47 Joubu khall: the queries are not the same
11:47 khall Joubu: yeah, it's not the best way to have it, but that's a separate bug basically.
11:49 ashimema I agree that I don't like having two member search routines..
11:49 khall No matter what, we really shouldn't have two separate patron search subroutines
11:49 khall jinx!
11:49 ashimema but in their current form I can see why we do..
11:49 Joubu yes I agree
11:49 ashimema it's a hard one..
11:50 ashimema I don't really like the idea of pushing Joubu's code for datatables to reference the other..
11:50 ashimema as I personally think his code is 'neater'..
11:50 Joubu All patron searchs should be done using the ws
11:50 khall agreed, it's not good
11:50 ColinC left #koha
11:51 ashimema I 'think' i'de rather see a bit of a refator such that a single 'search' is moved into the Koha namespace and is reference by both the current ones'
11:51 ashimema but that's obvisoyl mroe work again :(
11:51 * ashimema can't type today.
11:51 khall agreed
11:51 ashimema that I can't type?
11:51 ashimema ;)
11:52 Joubu so, my original question was: 'When should we search on patron attributes?'
11:53 ashimema good question.. i have no answer :(
11:53 khall I'm a bit slow on the keyboard this morning ; )
11:53 Joubu because I am not a fan of the answer: "refactor and create a new module" :)
11:53 meliss joined #koha
11:53 Joubu Does that make sense to add a new search option "patron attr"?
11:54 Joubu (like standard, email, phone, etc., patron attributes)
11:56 khall Joubu: I think the answer is still to use C4::Members::Search and to fix the way it searches. You could even overwrite the existing C4::Members::Search with the main part of C4::Utils::Datatables::Member::search and have C4::Utils::Datatables::Member::search call C4::Members::Search to get the patron data to convert into the format for datatables
11:56 ashimema That's basically what I was saying..
11:57 ashimema Only I wanted to take the opportunity to shift said routine into Koha namespace..  but basically it's the same thoughts.
11:57 Joubu which is not trivial
11:58 ashimema what did it allow before Joubu.. regarding your original question..
11:59 ashimema to search specifcially on attributes and to fallback on attributes during a normal search?
11:59 Joubu that makes sense
12:00 ashimema I think the 'standard' search should mimick the original default search behavior.. which I think was to fall back to attributes if no match is found?
12:00 khall C4::Members::Search would always search patron attributes unless a quick cardnumber match was found.
12:00 ashimema matts.. your alive :)
12:01 matts back from holidays, yes :)
12:01 ashimema hope you had a good break
12:02 matts yep, it was a nice one, indeed
12:02 ashimema If you get a moment any time.. you wouldn't fancy giving those last shibboleth patches the once over would you..
12:03 ashimema they're just a retractor patch and some unit tests.
12:03 ashimema pretty trivial to look at really..  though I have not idea if caits server is still about..
12:03 ashimema Joubu.. you happy with what your going to do for Members search then?
12:04 ashimema I think factoring our the actual search code and making both use the same base code can be a future bug.
12:04 oleonard joined #koha
12:05 matts ashimema, okay, i'll try to have a look at it !
12:05 Joubu not sure, khall the search on patron attributes should be done for standard fields too?
12:05 Joubu I don't think so
12:05 khall Joubu: that's how it's always worked
12:05 Joubu khall: hum
12:05 * Joubu is looking at the code
12:06 khall not saying if that's the best solution or not, it's just how it's worked in previous releases
12:06 Joubu ha yes, you are right
12:06 Joubu this routine is unecessary complicated...
12:07 oleonard Hi everyone
12:07 khall I can totally agree with that. That's why I'd suggest fixing your code to search patron attributes and replacing C4::Members::Search with your code.
12:07 khall I'd love to see it use DBIC, but that can come later.
12:08 khall that's how I discovered this in the first place, I was testing bug 12633 which DBIC's C4::Members::Search
12:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12633 normal, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, Failed QA , SQLHelper replacement - C4::Members
12:09 Mahdi joined #koha
12:15 magnuse joined #koha
12:21 nengard joined #koha
12:21 tcohen joined #koha
12:24 cait ashimema_lunch: matts: server is still about :)
12:24 matts nice :)
12:25 cait didn't find the time to kill it yet... and we are not done with shibboleth
12:26 tcohen morni
12:26 marcelr hi tcohen
12:26 marcelr sent you a mail
12:26 tcohen was reading it
12:26 marcelr ok
12:27 tcohen marcelr: you're getting closer :-D
12:27 marcelr it never stop ;)
12:29 cait trying again for my earlier question :)
12:29 cait (13:45:14) cait: quick question... has a library of yours asked to display something ddc classifications or 84 so far?
12:33 cait hmm
12:33 cait i will propose a patch, people can still fail it :)
12:36 tcohen_ joined #koha
12:37 cait magnuse: i found[…]_staff_client_RFC - did you work on display too?
12:39 ashimema_lunch yeay cait++
12:41 cait hm?
12:42 cait ashimema: not realyl sure set on how to do it :)
12:42 magnuse cait: i don't think i got much beyond weiting the rfc...
12:42 cait not really sure yet on how to do it - a lot of our classifications end up in 084
12:45 * magnuse gotta run
12:48 ashimema huh.. set on hwo to do what cait?
12:49 cait display, make searchable
12:49 cait the 084 is used here for very common rvk classification
12:49 ashimema oh.. the ddc question you asked?
12:49 cait becuase marc doesn't have its own field for that...
12:49 cait yep
12:49 cait i think i will start with ddc
12:49 cait easier
12:50 ashimema i'm afraid I have no idea what ddc is ;)
12:50 cait dewey decimal classification? :)
12:50 ashimema showing my library ignorance here.
12:50 ashimema haha.. that make's sense.
12:50 ashimema so.. bascially you want to be able to search upon 084 and display 084
12:51 cait and 082 yep
12:51 cait but ... it's complicated
12:51 ashimema indeed..
12:51 cait the classification in $a for 084 is determined by the classification scheme given in 084$2
12:51 cait i'd favor a general solution much over a local one, because maintining local xslt and translations seems a bit nightmarish
12:52 cait easier if yours are only english I guess
12:52 ashimema depending upon the classification scheme you’d want search to work differently in terms of truncation etc
12:52 cait that's another problem yes
12:52 ashimema yeah.. xlst translations are a mare..
12:52 cait i think with dom it culd be solvable, but not sure how yet
12:52 ashimema we do share that problem more than you imagine
12:52 cait also searching the classification together with the source....
12:52 ashimema really..
12:53 cait so can you fix it? :)
12:53 ashimema I'm not actually sure if dom solves it or not..
12:53 ashimema zebra is a magical beast..
12:53 cait i think my first goal will be display
12:53 cait worrying about search in the next step
12:54 ashimema I think id'e almost be tempted to take that particualr field and index it in the database instead of zebra.. then add some clever rules to do queries on it.
12:54 ashimema but that's not me offering to do the work..
12:54 cait hm?
12:54 ashimema it's certianly worth exploring whether zebra can be clever first.
12:54 ashimema how is display complicated?
12:54 jcamins Using DOM, Zebra could assuredly do whatever it is you want to do.
12:55 cait i think one of the problems i ran into last time is that the index i would use for classifications is our callnumber index
12:55 ashimema do you use a mixed classification scheme or something.?
12:55 jcamins The DOM configuration format is Turing-complete.
12:55 ashimema jcamins.. that's cool
12:55 ashimema but beyond me then ;)
12:55 cait ashimema: records are from the unino catalog... 084 can contain at least rvk and their own and some other schemes
12:55 jcamins ashimema: or an elephant gun permanently aimed at once's foot.
12:55 jcamins One or the other.
12:55 ashimema :)
12:56 jcamins Not the XML format. The XML format is limited. But the actual DOM configuration is XSLT.
12:56 ashimema so what are you struggling with for display cait?
12:56 ashimema oh.. I see.
12:56 cait ashimema: if people want to see that :) but i wil make it 'hideable' with css... and then we can see if someone has another idea
12:56 cait ashimema: later the problem will be linking to start a search from the display
12:57 ashimema lets get display sorted first aye cait ;)
12:57 cait hah
12:57 cait you are just glad that you don't have to do it :)
12:58 ashimema indeed I am
13:11 edveal joined #koha
13:15 eternalsword is there any way to force enhanced messages? it's kind of pointless to have it if the patron can just turn it off.
13:16 cait you can hide the tab in the opac
13:16 eternalsword good suggestion.
13:16 cait and in 3.18 there will be a pref
13:17 tcohen hi cait
13:17 cait hi tcohen :)
13:19 talljoy joined #koha
13:23 eternalsword cait, has that pref made it to git main branch yet?
13:23 cait eternalsword: not sure - it's very recent i think
13:23 cait @query messaging opac
13:23 huginn cait: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7224 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, NEW , Allow patrons to pick their own preferred language
13:23 huginn cait: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5617 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , misses some files
13:23 huginn cait: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9181 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Add patron messaging preference to Batch Patrons Modification tool
13:23 huginn cait: Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12340 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Checkboxes are shown for nonexistent SMS transports
13:23 huginn cait: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5765 trivial, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , patron messaging form template tests for SMS inconsistently
13:24 cait hm none of those
13:24 wahanui none of those are required.
13:24 cait maybe check bugzilla directly
13:28 eternalsword I just checked the git log, doesn't look like it's made it there yet, I'll just hide the tab for now.
13:57 indradg joined #koha
14:01 eternalsword messages don't seem to be getting put in the message queue. I tried -t and nothing even though there are several that meet the criteria. What's the best way to debug?
14:01 cait have to run - bye all
14:01 tcohen khall: i'm trying to build libki, but it fails because it cannot find webkitwidgets script
14:01 cait create an item due yesterdy and a notice trigger for the patron's library with 1 as the first delay and a notice -that should give you one
14:02 cait left #koha
14:02 khall tcohen: what platform are you building it for?
14:02 tcohen we are on ubuntu 14.04
14:03 khall sounds like you are missing one of the qt5 dev packages most likely
14:03 tcohen qt5 :-D
14:14 ashimema marcelr++ #busy bee on sru
14:14 ashimema poor tcohen having to try and keep up with all these bugs ;)
14:22 eternalsword do I need to enable anything for the message queue to work?
14:25 rocio joined #koha
14:25 Joubu eternalsword: There is a cronjob script
14:25 Joubu misc/cronjobs/
14:27 eternalsword I mean to get messages to actually go into the message_queue db table. overdue notices, advanced notices, due notices are not populating.
14:29 eternalsword and I've been running the cronjobs manually to see if any errors or warnings are thrown and nothing is.
14:49 ColinC joined #koha
14:59 Joubu eternalsword: Do you have templates defined for these notices?
14:59 Joubu Do you have overdues?
15:00 Joubu Did you create overdue rules?
15:00 Joubu The patrons have an email defined?
15:00 Joubu email address
15:02 tgoat joined #koha
15:17 tgoat left #koha
15:24 tcohen_ joined #koha
15:54 talljoy left #koha
16:07 ColinC left #koha
16:08 indradg joined #koha
16:09 cait joined #koha
16:28 kmlussier joined #koha
16:32 Joubu khall: patch submitted on bug 12833
16:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12833 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Patron search no longer searches extended attributes
16:32 Joubu bye #koha!
16:37 reiveune bye
16:37 reiveune left #koha
17:05 wnickc joined #koha
17:35 tcohen can *anyone* test bug 12788 please?
17:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12788 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Refine search displays 4xx fields from authority records
17:36 cait joined #koha
17:36 tcohen we need it for 3.16...
17:40 cait hm?
17:46 tcohen 12788
17:46 cait bug 12788
17:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12788 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Refine search displays 4xx fields from authority records
17:46 cait ah
17:46 cait *grump*
17:46 cait i'd almost like to leave it
18:13 Dyrcona joined #koha
18:34 edveal joined #koha
18:40 pianohacker joined #koha
18:48 ebegin joined #koha
18:56 wnickc ashimema: does zebra daemon run on PTFS sandboxes?
18:56 drojf joined #koha
18:56 drojf good evening #koha
18:58 bag oh wow - wnickc isn't using CAPS today...  Not enough coffee today?
18:59 wnickc I felt conspicuous
18:59 wnickc dropped my caps
18:59 wnickc and never ever enough coffee bag
19:00 bag wnickc: barton has this awesome little coffee graph he does from time to time
19:00 pianohacker coffee graph?
19:01 indradg joined #koha
19:01 cait hi drojf :)
19:01 cait hi bag and wnickc :)
19:01 wnickc hi cait
19:01 pianohacker yo cait
19:02 bag barton: show off your coffee graph
19:02 bag heya cait
19:02 cait wnickc: could you maybe take a look at bug 12788?
19:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12788 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Refine search displays 4xx fields from authority records
19:02 * cait is looking for an experienced sign offer
19:02 wnickc was just trying on PTFS sandbox but zebra wouldn't refresh
19:02 wnickc trying biblibre
19:03 wnickc My good VM is on my laptop at home, I messed up the one at my desk
19:04 cait thx a lot! sorry to hear about the vm
19:05 barton Coffee: |=========>|.........| 55 %
19:05 barton Coffee: |==================>| 99 %
19:06 barton Coffee: |========================>| 127 %
19:06 cait ohoh
19:06 cait coffee overlaod
19:07 cait barton: could you add a note how to see the breakage to bug 12847? :)
19:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12847 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Date comparisons in C4::Members::IssueSlip are broken
19:08 wnickc barton: lol
19:09 bgkriegel joined #koha
19:09 * cait dives into her distance study course again
19:10 bgkriegel Hi all
19:10 barton cait -- writing that up now.
19:11 jcamins Ah, bgkriegel... Tomas said I should get multiple opinions on how to brew my mate. What's your preferred method?
19:11 drojf hi cait :)
19:12 jcamins <-- keeps his priorities straight at all times
19:12 * cait is interested too
19:12 bgkriegel Hi jcamins, well i read what tomas said :)
19:13 bgkriegel I only put yerba, fresh, and change it a couple of times/days
19:14 * cait needs amore step by step thing :)
19:14 bgkriegel But it's a long time since I bought a new mate
19:15 cait ah
19:15 cait for the new mate
19:15 drojf oh you people from mate land and those going there. envy…
19:15 * cait is confused now... and blames the distance study
19:15 bgkriegel have a lot, from diffent sources
19:15 bgkriegel hehe
19:17 barton cait -- done.
19:20 bgkriegel jcamins:
19:22 jcamins Wow.
19:22 jcamins How do you choose which to use?
19:24 bgkriegel at this moment i use those at the back
19:24 wnickc cait: just wondering about the display of aliases in the results
19:24 wnickc could ge t bit long
19:24 wnickc but they aren't in facets
19:28 bgkriegel jcamins: the one with small neck and the green one for sweet mate, the others without sugar
19:28 jcamins That still leaves you with a lot of choices as any given moment!
19:29 bgkriegel yes :)
19:30 bgkriegel but we tend to use only one, until it brakes
19:31 jcamins That makes sense, but what are the other eleven for? ;)
19:31 cait bgkriegel: oh wow
19:31 cait wnickc: looks like you uncovered another bug maybe
19:32 cait wnickc: hm i wonder, could you switch to xslt layout?
19:32 cait i think it isn't
19:33 wnickc ah, all clear now
19:33 jcamins Didn't we deprecate "normal" view in 3.10?
19:33 wnickc I was just going to ask if non-xslt was deprecated
19:33 jcamins I could be wrong. That was a long time ago.
19:34 jcamins And several thousand gray hairs ago.
19:34 cait jcamins:  we did now i think
19:34 jcamins (why yes, I *was* RM in between then and now)
19:34 cait wnickc: did you turn of the pref to include the authorities? and changed the record after that?
19:35 paul_p joined #koha
19:36 bgkriegel jcamins: some of them are just ornaments, but almost all have been used
19:36 drojf bgkriegel: wow that's impressive :D
19:36 wnickc I did, but it didn't seem to make the extra names go away, unless my timing was wrong, ten minute wait for indexes on sandbox
19:36 wnickc or so it appears
19:36 cait 10 sounds about the usual default
19:37 wnickc I signed off, but turned the includesee.. pref back on and will double check in 5 minutes
19:41 cait wnickc++
19:45 wnickc cait: syspref on or off the see froms are hidden, looks good, thanks for catching xslt
19:47 meliss joined #koha
19:59 nengard @later tell oleonard do you have any ideas how to alter the ebook js to not show the Location line if it's an ebook?[…]anch_group_limit=
19:59 huginn nengard: The operation succeeded.
20:00 cait nengard: hm i am not showing the availability if it's an ebook in one ofour catalogs
20:00 cait sec
20:01 nengard The availability isn't showing which is good - but they have it set to show the location on another line so that's the problem
20:03 cait $("#results a:contains('[electronic resource]') ~ span#location").hide(); try this
20:03 pianohacker tilde?
20:03 cait i looked it up back then, don't ask me now :)
20:03 cait it work!
20:04 cait it works!
20:04 wahanui But it also eats babies.
20:04 cait yeah well.. maybe
20:05 pianohacker hahahahahaha
20:06 bag But it also eats babies?  a bit extreme
20:06 cait hm it doesn't work on this page realy.. sec
20:07 cait hm works ok for the library... weird
20:08 pianohacker ahhhh
20:08 cait ok, if i put it in the console, it doesn't seem to work quite right... but it might i fyou put it into opacuserjs... i think
20:08 cait or mabe it's because the structure is different there
20:11 cait hm. i tink it should work, maybe try in the sys pref
20:13 * cait should go back to reading
20:40 nengard cait that worked!!!
20:40 cait phew
20:40 cait :)
20:40 nengard but only for the first one :(
20:40 nengard maybe i put it in the wrong place
20:40 nengard trying other places
20:41 cait are you trying in firebug or in the pref?
20:41 cait i saw the same in firebug... but not sure why
20:41 cait a similar line works to remove the availability line here
20:41 nengard in the pref
20:41 cait and it works for all of them
20:42 nengard k - let me move it around
20:43 cait hm did they change the xslt stylesheets?
20:43 nengard yes, we do have a custom xslt on there
20:43 nengard that could be it!
20:43 cait ah, some of it is a bit strnage
20:43 cait i am nto sure this makes any difference - but it should be a class not an id, because it's on the page for every entry
20:44 cait so it's not unique
20:44 cait but... not sure if that should make a difference
20:44 cait talking about id="location"
20:45 nengard hmmm
20:45 nengard well i see span id="location" on all of them
20:46 cait yeah - for super correct html it should be class="location"
20:46 nengard oh
20:46 cait because an id should be appear only once on a page
20:46 cait but i am realll ynot usre if that would make a difference
20:46 nengard but instead it's class="results_summary"
20:46 nengard hmmm
20:46 cait you can have multiple classes
20:46 cait then you separate them with a space
20:46 cait class="results_summary location"
20:47 nengard oh - like the ones above
20:47 nengard hmmm .. is that cause of the custom css, or is it that way for everyone
20:47 nengard off to check my install
20:49 nengard okay that's how it is in the standard install
20:49 nengard so it's not the custom XSLT causing the problem
20:49 nengard I'm using 'default'
20:50 cait hm ok
20:50 cait another bug to fry for another day... i guess :)
20:50 nengard hehe
20:50 cait trying different things, found nothing working yet
20:54 cait nengard: hm i don't understand why it doesn't work on all elements yet - apart from the id idea
20:54 cait $("#results a:contains('[electronic resource]') ~ span.availability").show(); < this gets the availability back, on all of them
20:54 nengard hmmm
20:55 nengard what is the ~
20:55 cait we use it with hide - to make the availability go away
20:55 cait looking at the sibling elements
20:56 kmlussier left #koha
20:57 nengard not sure ....
20:57 nengard it has to be something small i'm missing
20:58 cait me too
20:59 cait hmmmm
20:59 cait it's a bit weird looking
20:59 cait but can you try this, nengard?
20:59 cait $("#results a:contains('[electronic resource]') ~ span[id='location']").hide();
20:59 nengard sure
21:00 nengard that did it!!
21:00 nengard cait++
21:02 nengard okay time for me to call it a day
21:02 nengard thank you so much cait
21:02 nengard @later tell oleonard cait helped me - pm me if you want to know the answer
21:02 huginn nengard: The operation succeeded.
21:02 nengard left #koha
21:02 cait glad we could figure it out :)
21:29 cait @later tell ashimema - the sandbox seems to have attached the wrong patch?
21:29 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
21:45 wnickc bye all
22:04 bag @wunder 93102
22:04 huginn bag: The current temperature in Westside (Gillespie), Santa Barbara, California is 30.1°C (3:04 PM PDT on August 28, 2014). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 45%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 29.93 in 1014 hPa (Falling).
22:24 cait left #koha
22:32 tcohen joined #koha
22:32 tcohen hi
22:34 bag heya tcohen
22:44 tcohen hi bag
23:28 papa joined #koha
23:35 dcook joined #koha
23:41 dcook Yay! New memory card means more room for all the comics...
23:41 dcook O_o
23:44 eythian ...
23:44 dcook I think bag is having an identity crisis.
23:44 bag yuppers
23:44 bag having fun with the @laters
23:45 bag :)
23:45 dcook Hmm, I never thought of that..
23:46 eythian you can look them up
23:46 eythian somehow
23:46 eythian I forget how
23:47 eythian @later eythian
23:47 huginn eythian: downloading the Perl source
23:47 eythian @later show eythian
23:47 huginn eythian: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
23:47 eythian @later help
23:47 huginn eythian: I've exhausted my database of quotes
23:47 eythian @help
23:47 huginn eythian: (help [<plugin>] [<command>]) -- This command gives a useful description of what <command> does. <plugin> is only necessary if the command is in more than one plugin.
23:47 eythian @help later
23:47 huginn eythian: Error: There is no command "later".
23:47 eythian huginn: yes there is
23:47 huginn eythian: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
23:47 eythian @help @later
23:47 huginn eythian: Error: There is no command "@later".
23:47 eythian @help later tell
23:47 bag @notes
23:47 huginn eythian: (later tell <nick> <text>) -- Tells <nick> <text> the next time <nick> is in seen. <nick> can contain wildcard characters, and the first matching nick will be given the note.
23:47 huginn bag: I currently have notes waiting for #koha, ashimema, ashimema-, ashimema:, ashimena, bag:, bgkriegel:, bgrkiegel, Brooke:, cait,, cait., cait:, ccurry, chris_c, chris_n,, chris_n:, christ, cindy, cjh, could, Culiforg:, dcook,, dpavlin:, drofj, drojf:, druthb_away, druthb_away:, eythian:, Genji:, gmcharlt:, hackfesters, hdl:, hdl_laptop:,[…]bib/msg48204.html, jcamins:, (2 more messages)
23:48 bag @notes bag:
23:48 huginn bag: Sent 22 weeks, 0 days, 4 hours, and 49 minutes ago: <magnuse> HI
23:48 bag notes is the key :D
23:48 eythian that's the one
23:48 eythian @notes eythian:
23:48 huginn eythian: Sent 3 years, 18 weeks, 1 day, 9 hours, and 17 minutes ago: <cait> forget everything before and answer that question: Is there a bug for the accounting rewrite to which I can link bugs as 2696 Fine payments should show whatwas paid for, Sent 1 year, 31 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours, and 26 minutes ago: <magnuse> kia ora! any news on the funding for the images from multiple sources thing? just curious... :-), (3 more messages)
23:48 eythian @more
23:48 huginn eythian: Sent 1 year, 23 weeks, 0 days, 13 hours, and 2 minutes ago: <magnuse> do you happen to have any opinions on Bug 9749?, Sent 1 year, 22 weeks, 6 days, 7 hours, and 21 minutes ago: <magnuse> if you should happen to feel like fixing bug 9890 i'll sign off in ~15 hours :-), Sent 1 year, 20 weeks, 0 days, 17 hours, and 10 minutes ago: <magnuse> i did not report a bug for the version in build-git-snapshot, i (2 more messages)
23:48 eythian @more
23:48 huginn eythian: just added it as a comment on some other bug, Sent 1 year, 20 weeks, 0 days, 17 hours, and 4 minutes ago: <magnuse> my original comment was on[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9918, Sent 1 year, 18 weeks, 5 days, 2 hours, and 21 minutes ago: <tcohen> take a look at bug 10084, and Sent 1 year, 17 weeks, 6 days, 10 hours, and 58 minutes ago: <tcohen> we could do smth like for lang (1 more message)
23:48 eythian @more
23:48 huginn eythian: in $(koha-translate --list) ; do koha-translate --update $lang ; done during the packages update
23:50 eythian @notes hackfesters
23:50 huginn eythian: Sent 1 year, 22 weeks, 5 days, 11 hours, and 6 minutes ago: <oleonard> See to it that the follow-ups on bug 9883 are signed off and QAed before the end of the day!
23:55 dcook Hmm
23:55 dcook @notes dcook
23:55 huginn dcook: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
23:55 dcook @notes dcookm
23:55 huginn dcook: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
23:55 dcook @notes dcook,
23:55 huginn dcook: Sent 51 weeks, 2 days, 11 hours, and 19 minutes ago: <tcohen> please share your merge. it looks like the ajax call is not given a json content-type
23:55 dcook Hmm, no idea what that's about
23:56 dcook @notes
23:56 huginn dcook: I currently have notes waiting for #koha, ashimema, ashimema-, ashimema:, ashimena, bag:, bgkriegel:, bgrkiegel, Brooke:, cait,, cait., cait:, ccurry, chris_c, chris_n,, chris_n:, christ, cindy, cjh, could, Culiforg:, dcook,, dpavlin:, drofj, drojf:, druthb_away, druthb_away:, eythian:, Genji:, gmcharlt:, hackfesters, hdl:, hdl_laptop:,[…]bib/msg48204.html, jcamins:, (2 more messages)
23:56 dcook @notes dcook,
23:56 huginn dcook: Sent 51 weeks, 2 days, 11 hours, and 20 minutes ago: <tcohen> please share your merge. it looks like the ajax call is not given a json content-type
23:56 dcook @more
23:56 huginn dcook: juan-siera, kf,, khall:, khall_away, km_kale, kmkale:, kyleh, LadyNight32, magnus, magnus_waffles, manguse, mario, matts_away, member:libsysguy, mrenvoize, mtj:, mtompset, mtompset:, mtompsett,, NCAR, nenegard, nengard:, nicole, Oak:, oleonard, oleonard:, oloenard, owen:, paul_p,, paul_p:, rangi:, santy,, Schuster:, sekjal:, seneca:, sjeffrey, slef:, tchoen, tcohen:, thd-away, Viktor:, whoever, wizzrea, (1 more message)
23:56 bag yeah someone needs to clear out the old notes soon
23:56 dcook @notes dcook:
23:56 bag @notes whoever
23:56 huginn dcook: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
23:56 huginn bag: Sent 2 years, 51 weeks, 5 days, 2 hours, and 24 minutes ago: <wizzyrea> what you want to tell them
23:56 eythian it shouldn't allow leaving notes for people who have never been seen before.
23:57 bag @seen whoever
23:57 huginn bag: I have not seen whoever.
23:57 bag @notes LadyNight32
23:57 huginn bag: Sent 4 years, 40 weeks, 2 days, 17 hours, and 53 minutes ago: <pianohacker> Mi mamá es de cuba, y hablo un poco de español. A veces estoy en el canal(?), y le podría ayudar.
23:57 bag wow pianohacker is that man of mystery
23:58 bag talking to LadyNight32 :)
23:58 dcook Hmm, I got the first sentence then I was lost
23:59 bag alright time for me to go home and have some dinner
23:59 dcook Mmm dinner
23:59 dcook That reminds me that I should start my daily routine of eating all day almost constantly
23:59 dcook night bag :)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary