IRC log for #koha, 2014-08-20

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 barton_away joined #koha
01:17 eythian so much chicken in that burger-like thing
01:18 dcook burger-like?
01:19 eythian > Two fried chicken thighs with smoked provolone, crisp onions, cos lettuce and Duke’s sambal, with fries
01:19 eythian so instead of buns, it had chicken
01:21 dcook Interesting
01:21 wahanui Interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
01:22 dcook Seems like it would be difficult to eat/
01:22 dcook ?
01:22 dcook (yet tasty)
01:23 eythian I cheated and used cutlery
01:24 dac joined #koha
01:46 rangi[…]01867479883202560
01:49 ibeardslee I remember a story of someone talking to someone on the phone at a cafe with Helen Clarke (the then PM) at a nearby table. They weren't believed so the passed the phone to Helen to tall them.
01:49 ibeardslee tell them
01:49 ibeardslee John Key just kicks people out of the cafe when he shares a cup of tea.
01:49 rangi heh
02:50 dac marc?
02:50 wahanui The MARC specs live at - abandon hope all ye who enter here.
02:50 dac marc history?
02:50 wahanui marc history is probably
02:56 vinz3g joined #koha
02:56 vinz3g hi, goodnight
02:57 vinz3g is possible to translate the context of cataloging koha
02:57 indradg joined #koha
02:59 vinz3g hello
02:59 wahanui kia ora, vinz3g
03:01 vinz3g is possible to translate the framework of cataloging koha
03:02 wizzyrea I'm not sure which part you mean
03:02 wizzyrea it is possible, as far as I know, but it is not in the usual translation workflow.
03:07 vinz3g ok, if you agree, I did not found it in the translation files, which refers to the names of labels is no translation
03:10 wizzyrea right, you will not find that in the translation files
03:10 eythian there are specificly translated SQL files, I think.
03:12 wizzyrea wr 229142 - any thoughts there?
03:12 wizzyrea er
03:12 wizzyrea ww
03:15 vinz3g someone there will be translated into Spanish?
03:16 eythian if someone translates it, yes.
03:21 vinz3g good!
03:21 eythian this assumes that someone is going to translate it however
03:25 BobB joined #koha
03:28 vinz3g hi, koha-kobli was traslated sql file
03:28 vinz3g s
03:29 eythian ah yep. You should talk them into upstreaming it.
03:29 eythian (assuming they haven't already)
03:33 vinz3g Thank you. Thank you for your help
04:43 dac Interesting... looks like someone's computer is in the future
04:43 dac We already have an author of the month for November 2014 ;)
04:43 * eythian wonders what the best process is for loading a large chunk of SQL is in updatedatabase.
04:43 eythian I might have to load the .sql file
04:43 eythian heh
04:45 dac Hmm, I seem to recall bgkriegel saying something about problems with loading SQL files using updatedatabase (or some other installer script)
04:45 eythian there's not really another option, as they'll need to be kept in sync
04:45 dac Ahh, my bad. I think it was something else?
04:45 eythian well, it might be
04:45 eythian but I need to make it work somehow :)
04:46 eythian I don't want to copy-paste 150 lines of SQL into updatedatabase and keep it up to date
04:46 dac Hmm, pastebot seems to be on the fritz...
04:46 dac "There's another thing to take into account: when MySQL 5.6 arrives to new debian/ubuntu versions, we'll have a problem. 5.6 client complains a lot to be used on CLI with password as argument, so Koha installer fails miserably because it uses 'mysql' command to load mandatory/optional values in database.
04:46 dac Another reason to find other way."
04:47 eythian yep
04:47 eythian the package tools will get bit by that too
04:47 eythian I have a plan to fix that
04:47 eythian it's not very elegant, but it'll work.
04:47 dac :D
04:48 eythian (creating mysql .cnf files in /tmp that contain the password
04:48 eythian )
04:49 * dac shrugs
04:49 dac I'll trust you :)
04:49 eythian you better, it's the only option I can think of :)
04:49 dcook hehe
04:50 eythian it is nicer and safer than including them on the command line though.
04:53 * dcook thumbs up
04:58 eythian @wunder nzwn
04:58 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 9.0°C (4:30 PM NZST on August 20, 2014). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Falling).
04:58 eythian ick
04:59 dcook @wunder syd
04:59 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 15.0°C (2:30 PM EST on August 20, 2014). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 59%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.24 in 1024 hPa (Steady).
04:59 * dcook peeks out the window
04:59 dcook Looks about accurate
05:01 eythian ah, I've found a bit of code that does what I need. Excellent.
05:10 dcook Nice one!
05:10 * dcook needs food
05:10 dcook Where does the day go...
05:35 cait joined #koha
05:35 cait1 joined #koha
06:26 laurence joined #koha
06:33 reiveune joined #koha
06:33 reiveune hello
06:33 wahanui hello, reiveune
07:01 yohann joined #koha
07:24 magnuse joined #koha
07:24 magnuse *drumroll*
07:25 magnuse kia ora #koha!
07:25 dcook heya magnuse :)
07:26 magnuse hiya dcook
07:31 * magnuse hopes life is treating dcook better these days
07:32 dcook Thanks, magnuse :). It certainly is better. Each day is better than the last. This week has a few more chores, and then it should be onto more fun things :).
07:33 magnuse yay! :-)
07:51 dcook :)
07:52 dcook I'm off for the night though. Be back tomorrow. Have a good day, magnuse and other folks :)
08:00 mtj hey #koha, has anyone else bumped into the confusing 'dontmerge' syspref ?
08:06 cait joined #koha
08:06 * cait waves
08:08 mtj hey cait
08:08 * magnuse waves to cait and mtj
08:09 mtj system preference set to 'Do' the next time the cronjob ....
08:09 ashimema pianohacker++ # koha::services
08:09 mtj ..should be 'Dont', not 'Do'? ^^
08:10 ashimema looks like allot went on last night :)
08:10 ashimema morning all
08:10 magnuse hiya ashimema
08:10 mtj hiya ashimema, magnuse
08:10 ashimema @later tell pianohacker been reading the rancor bug again recently.. why the need for jsonp?
08:10 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
08:11 cait hey magnuse :)
08:11 cait and mtj and ashimema :)
08:12 cait ashimema: hm?
08:12 * magnuse wonders about the fate of bug 11944
08:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
08:12 ashimema cait.. what?
08:12 wahanui cait is going to add: gmcharlt: +1
08:12 cait lots going on
08:12 cait :)
08:13 cait forget cait..
08:13 wahanui cait: I forgot cait
08:13 cait oups
08:13 cait cait?
08:13 cait :(
08:13 cait i gave wahanui memory loss and now he doesn't know who I am *sob*
08:13 ashimema lots of chat fixing that facets bug.. lots of chatter around services api, lots of chatter around mysql cli.. all intesting stuff last night..
08:13 ashimema wish i'de been about ;)
08:13 ashimema oops cait?
08:14 ashimema cait.. what?
08:14 magnuse was that a dev meeting or just general chatter?
08:14 ashimema just general chatter I think.
08:14 magnuse kewl
08:14 ashimema prompted by a list post..
08:14 ashimema and then the right epople turning up here to chat it out ;)
08:14 ashimema looked interesting though
08:14 ashimema sounds like pianohacker has been playing with api's for a school project..
08:15 cait ashimema: you need to stop sleeping :P
08:15 ashimema anyone else know why rancor needs jsonp api's?
08:15 ashimema lol.. sleep is for wimps aye cait
08:16 ashimema my understanding is that jsonp is basically to enable cross domain ajax requests.. but sureley we're not doing cross domain for the catalogue editor
08:18 ashimema Joubu.. if you want to rebase your date on overdues bug, I'll happily test.. I tend to concentrate on stuff in the qa queue at the minute.. hense my seeing chris's bug affecting similar code first.. I took a look at your bug though and thought ti looked simpler to refactor than the other way around.
08:19 Joubu ashimema: I had a look yesterday and it does not seem easy to rebase it :-/
08:19 ashimema But first.. I'm just about done reviewing the testbuilder code..  I have a feeling it's not gonna get a huge amount of uptake.. but I can't see any real reason to fail it.
08:19 ashimema oh.. really?
08:20 ashimema I obviosly didn't look at it in enough depth then
08:20 Joubu ashimema: Actually I didn't plan to rebase it. It was waiting a SO for 1 year, I raise an alert on the bug report letting a comment.
08:20 Joubu IMO the ft should not be pushed before the bug fix.
08:21 cait nah, don't listen tome
08:21 cait i am just silly on a train again
08:21 cait i will be kicked out soon for a few minutes - lots of tunnels
08:21 cait will be back after
08:21 cait the stop sleeping comment wasn't to be taken serious
08:21 Joubu I don't have time at the moment to rebase old stuff, sorry
08:21 cait i am on a train, so the internet connection will be bad again
08:21 ashimema ok.
08:21 ashimema I;m not really sure how to fix the issue of overlapping bugs in general though..
08:22 ashimema splitter really helps if people use it..
08:22 Joubu ashimema: but it's a real lack. As I explained in my comment, it's the only (simple) way to launch overdues with a date != today
08:22 ashimema but even then.. you never really know when a bug has been abandoned..
08:22 ashimema yeah.. it would be a fine bug to fix.
08:22 ashimema maybe I'll take a look at rebasing it myself if I get a moment.
08:22 cait hopefully not
08:22 Joubu ashimema: I don't abandon bugs :) I just haven't the time at the moment
08:23 cait @wunder Konstanz
08:23 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 14.9°C (10:20 AM CEST on August 20, 2014). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
08:23 ashimema I also want to see bug 6427 moving again too.. but it's massive and scary
08:23 Joubu ashimema: tcohen told me he will try to have a look too.
08:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6427 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Rewrite of the accounts system
08:25 ashimema We can't expect people to fix long standing bugs before doing work they've been paid to do though.. which is more the bugger.. I admit, in this case I wish Chris had spotted the conflict and signed your bug off first..
08:25 ashimema I just don't know the answer.
08:25 cait i had hoped that we could concentrate on it after we are done with the utf-8 fixes
08:25 magnuse is there a plan for bug 11944 now?
08:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
08:25 ashimema anywho.. was nothing personal.. the other bug just hit my vision first :(
08:25 Joubu ashimema: maybe I should increase the severity of my bugfix, because it's a major one (even if the date option never worked...)
08:26 ashimema yeah.. it is pretty severe
08:26 ashimema that would certianly help..
08:26 Joubu magnuse: yes, you have been selected to SO it! Congratulations!
08:27 ashimema actually maybe we should put some rules around that.. using severity as an indicator to QA for when such occurrences happen.
08:27 Joubu I should have increased*
08:27 ashimema randon question.. does your splitter app have an API?
08:27 magnuse Joubu: thanks! ;-)
08:27 cait but it seems that those take a lot longer than i had hoped they would :(
08:27 cait for various reasons, just things take generally longer than expected
08:27 ashimema almost wonder if we could add a check for conflicts in the qa script.. it's stupidly easy to miss them
08:27 Joubu ashimema: what do you want to do with it?
08:28 magnuse the last thing i remember, there was a plan to have a bug squash day for the utf-8 stuff, and i think there was one? so what happens now?
08:29 Joubu ashimema: there is a rest api, yes
08:29 ashimema I'm thinking of doing a file based check for conflicting bugs from the command line as part of the qa process
08:29 cait I can test the date overdue bug too - helping with ashimema to get it in
08:29 cait i know we labelled the other as a ft, but actually it's something that's been pretty awful for us a long time - every single of our libraires using fines complained about it
08:29 cait so at least for those libraries it's a bug fix too
08:29 cait i hadn't seen the other bug - if I had known ealrier maybe we could have figured out something
08:29 ashimema highlighting to QA that maybe the bug your QAing should have been based atop another more important one?
08:29 cait Joubu: i saw paola left some notes on the wiki - are those bugs that need to be fixed still?
08:30 Joubu ashimema: I let a note, I though it was enough. It could be great to highlight some important comment on a bug report.
08:31 Joubu thought*
08:31 Joubu cait: I didn't see them
08:32 ashimema I used the comment to go look at the bug.. and wrongly from what your saying, thought it would be easier to rebase in that direction as apposed to the other.
08:32 ashimema blame me in this case..  we'll get there in the end I hope.
08:32 eythian wahanui: cait is from germany. Ask \me about germany.
08:32 wahanui ...but cait is just silly on a train again...
08:32 Joubu IMO, the only way to go further with bug 11944 is to push all patches into master and fix remaining bugs when we will find them.
08:32 eythian wahanui: cait is also from germany. Ask \me about germany.
08:32 wahanui okay, eythian.
08:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
08:33 Joubu Because for now, we introduce new regressions in master, and we will have to fix it later.
08:33 Joubu (yes I know nobody agrees)
08:34 Joubu magnuse: to answer you, I think we are waiting someone to write UT.
08:35 ashimema Will buy you a pint when in liverpool in october if your about Joubu
08:36 Joubu ashimema: In october I will be in Argentina :)
08:36 cait Joubu: i think if there are no known bugs in opac
08:36 cait i could agree
08:36 cait i don't care so much if things show up in staff, but everything visible to the user we know about i'd like to see fixed
08:37 ashimema of course.. silly me
08:38 Joubu cait: Zeno and Paola did an amazing job, they tested ~80% of Koha. They found bugs on master too.
08:38 ashimema that's impressive
08:39 cait yep
08:39 cait it's good to have Paola testing
08:40 cait Joubu: about the overdues when patron has no email - the mtt broke an existing feature
08:40 cait we already had a feature to automatically send an email to the library - that is no longer working
08:40 cait we need to fix that with a high priority
08:41 cait bug 12717
08:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12717 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Library no longer receiving Overdue email for patrons without email address
08:41 cait i want to comment on the bug, but internet on the train is really... annoying
08:41 magnuse Joubu: i agree with you. noone will evr be able to signoff on testing everything. the only option i can see is to push what we have as soon as possible and fix things if and when they turn up
08:42 rangi i agree with cait
08:42 rangi the opac is small
08:42 rangi 30ish pages
08:42 rangi we should be able to test all of that, and fix that before putting it in master, any staff issues can be fixed after pushing
08:42 Joubu There are no known bugs. The only known bugs is[…]opment#Known_bugs
08:43 Joubu the 4 first points. The others is fixed or not relevant
08:43 Joubu are*!
08:43 magnuse (and kia ora rangi and eythian!)
08:46 cait Joubu: maybe update the wki page?
08:47 Joubu it's updated, there are notes
08:48 cait magnuse: are you back now? :)
08:48 magnuse cait: yeah, more or less
08:48 magnuse tomorrow will be the first full day
08:49 * magnuse wonders off for a moment
08:50 cait Joubu: I think we need to restore the option to send a text summary of the print notices to the library for patrons without email only  - i am not sure how
08:51 Joubu cait: did you see my comment on that (don't remember the bug number)?
08:52 Joubu cait: it could be done using the gather_print_notices (with new patches already submit), but no really sure...
08:53 Joubu cait: Do you know why aqorders_items.itemnumber does not have a FK to items.itemnumber?
08:57 cait i saw a commen tlast night - i just wanted to add it's not something new - it's a regression and libraries might not even notice it for a while :(
08:57 cait assuming not getting an email means there have been no notices for patrons without email
08:57 cait and htat's bad
08:57 cait because they have never used the other cronjob
08:57 cait Joubu: not sure about that, it does seem to make sense to add one
08:57 cait Joubu: i think you can't do text with your new patches?
08:57 cait but i am still not sure how to alert libraries of the change
08:57 cait and that they need to setup a new tool
08:58 cait having a print entry for each patron is actually nice - i am worried about the change it means and that we didn't notice it
08:58 Joubu cait: "can't do text"?
08:59 cait a plain text attachement like it used to - can you give me the bug number of your patch again?
09:00 Joubu cait: I am not sure it's a good idea to reintroduce this behavior into the overdue_notices script. IMO gather_print_notices should do the job.
09:00 Joubu But I agree, the change has not been reported somewhere.
09:01 Joubu bug 11603 and bug 11678
09:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11603 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Gather print notices: add csv and ods export
09:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11678 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Gather print notices: send files by email
09:01 cait Joubu: i tend to agree - but then we should remove the email code from the script too... after restoring the feature
09:01 cait and it still has a lot of code to create files
09:01 Joubu you will be able to do something like : --letter_code=ODUE
09:02 Joubu cait: overdue_notices can sent an email if you call it without --no-email
09:02 Joubu with!
09:03 cait yes, but it#s not quite right
09:03 cait see the bug i posted earlier - it sends an email with data for ALL oerdues
09:03 cait without setting any parameter it just sent you the ones for patrons without email before
09:03 cait as a text attachement in a mail to the library - not pretty
09:03 cait but a lot of libraries are using that
09:04 cait bug 12717
09:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12717 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Library no longer receiving Overdue email for patrons without email address
09:04 cait so maybe we do need to reintroduce
09:04 cait and then phase it out
09:04 cait properly
09:05 Joubu but we can't sent to the library AND put it in the message_queue
09:08 Joubu actually, the current code only generate the csv if --no-email is given
09:10 cait Joubu: why not?
09:11 Joubu Because this script is a mess :)
09:11 cait Joubu: it was a text attachement with th emessage texts not csv
09:11 cait if you switch back to the commit before mtt - you can see the behaviour, even with the current table structure
09:11 cait i noted the commit on the bug
09:11 cait it is
09:12 Joubu and because I suppose that the print message in the queue could be use later
09:12 cait a mess
09:12 Joubu supposed*
09:13 Joubu cait: I understand perfectly the issue and it can be critical for some libraries. But I need a good idea to fix the workflow
09:13 cait I am not sure how to fix it, but i think we need to figure something out
09:13 cait yeah i think we can agree on that then
09:13 Joubu If the message exist in the message_queue with the mtt print, I don't think we need it sent too
09:14 cait we need to notify the library and give them a means to notify the patrons
09:14 cait i am not against the gather print script - but i am not sure how to fit it in and how to tell libraries they need to switch
09:15 Joubu (remember: I rebased these patches for 2 years...)
09:15 cait and also... we use up to 6 different overdue letters
09:15 cait we need an option to send them all in one email
09:15 Joubu that what does the gather_print_notices :-/
09:15 indradg joined #koha
09:16 Joubu it's why I add the csv and ods option and the --email
09:16 cait does your change take more than one letter code?
09:16 Joubu no
09:16 Joubu because it's not relevant
09:17 Joubu Actually I am confuse. I will try to have a look in the afternoon
09:17 cait the old behaviour was: send an email with a plain text attachement with all the notices texts that couldn#t be send by email to the library
09:17 Joubu (the csv and ods option are for something else...)
09:17 cait i think we need to get as close to that as possible again
09:25 cait ok
09:44 cait joined #koha
10:28 ashimema Joubu.. I've added a few comment to TestBuilder. would be interested to see Yohann's thoughts.. he's still about for the next couple of days right?
10:30 Joubu ashimema: great, thanks! Yes, his trainee ends on Friday
10:31 ashimema sorry it's taken me a while to get to.. I've been mulling it over for a fiar chunk of time..
10:31 ashimema I'm getting mroe and mroe keen to stick it in.. but I wan't to make sure it's got a decent chance of being utilised
10:36 Joubu ashimema: The lack of pod is my fault. I told yohann it is better to provide examples than a lot of words to explain why it's useful.
10:36 ashimema There's half reasonable POD in there actually.. only a couple of translation issues I think really..
10:37 ashimema it's more things like adding it's use to
10:37 ashimema for example.. to encourage adoption ;)
10:39 ashimema and a more wordy description of 'why' is makes a developers life easier/why they should start using it to write new tests.
10:40 ashimema That's whats taken time for me to get my head around.. I want others to get their heads around it faster so that they make the effort to learn how to use it.
10:40 laurence left #koha
10:40 ashimema :)
10:40 rangi it feels to me like sqlhelper all over again, building our own bespoke abstraction layers that come back to annoy us all
10:41 ashimema oh.. rangi :).. That's the sort of opinion I was hoping to catch you for yesterday.
10:42 ashimema I can see it's merits.. but yeah.. I'm still on the knife edge in terms of whether I think it's a good abstraction or not... if it lead to one test running as db dependant and independent.. then I'd see allot more merit. ;)
10:47 Joubu ashimema: Since it's based on the DB structure, I don't understand why you want it to manage db independent tests.
10:48 Joubu rangi: Do you know an abstraction layer we could use to build data for UT?
10:51 rangi we could use Test::DBIx::Class::Factory
10:55 trendynick joined #koha
10:59 * rangi has to go to sleep, gotta teach people jenkins tomorrow
11:04 magnuse Joubu: have you looked at Test::DBIx::Class?
11:04 magnuse
11:06 Joubu magnuse: yes, a bit, but I wasn't aware of Test::DBIx::Class::Factory
11:09 * magnuse neither
11:09 ashimema nor me..
11:09 ashimema sounds like just the ticket though in a very brief look..
11:10 ashimema anyone happen to be aware of any bugs with our modal dialogue and safari recently?
11:11 ashimema I've just had a customer report that on their mac machines (a macbook air, and an ipad) they can't login to the opac in bootstrap becasue the modal doesn't open.
11:11 ashimema I've never seen it before?
11:21 cait joined #koha
11:42 collum joined #koha
11:51 oleonard joined #koha
11:53 oleonard Hi #koha
11:54 cait hi oleonard :)
11:54 magnuse kia ora oleonard
11:55 meliss joined #koha
11:56 cait oleonard: vacation? :)
11:57 oleonard Taking care of the kids during the transition between summer day care and the first week of school
11:59 cait :)
12:00 oleonard My youngest starts kindergarten Friday. No more preschool for us!
12:02 cait :)
12:03 khall looks like cait beat me to the qa punch on 12781 ; )
12:04 cait bug 12781
12:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12781 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Passed QA , DBIx::Class schema should preserve case for column names
12:05 cait ah, hope it was ok
12:05 cait i prompty fell asleep after that tho - sleepy cait on a train today
12:06 cait i am working on the follow up now - 12784
12:08 cait khall: still around?
12:08 khall yo
12:08 khall np!
12:09 cait i wonder
12:09 cait could you maybe take a look?
12:10 cait 12784 and 12371
12:10 wahanui 25155
12:11 cait not quite that many bugs yet wahanui
12:12 cait khall:​lla3/show_bug.cgi?id=12371#c7 < is a comment from nick about your patch, but couldn't make sense of it
12:12 khall I'll take a look
12:13 cait thx
12:14 ashimema joined #koha
12:15 khall cait: nick may be correct, but he's trying to solve the problem at the wrong level.
12:15 khall if we do it the way he suggests it could easily introduce regressions at a later date
12:16 cait could you try and clear things up a bit so we can get that bug moving? :)
12:16 khall k
12:18 khall cait: Chris signed it, so you can qa it
12:19 cait that's ok, but i didn't want to ignore nick's comment
12:20 khall I understand. I've added a reply to his comment
12:22 tcohen joined #koha
12:27 tcohen morning!
12:27 wahanui it has been said that morning is a state of cat
12:28 oleonard Open of share file /tmp/sharefile-koha-koha failed: Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl5/Cache/ line 640.
12:28 cait coudl you check how your patch goes together with yohann's?
12:28 cait he also adds some line about the verification token
12:29 cait khall: talking about bug 1274
12:29 cait hm bug 12784 that is
12:29 cait morning tcohen
12:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1274 normal, P3, ---, paul.poulain, CLOSED FIXED, problem in UNIMARC Editor, when adding a subfield
12:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12784 critical, P5 - low, ---, yohann.dufour, Signed Off , A patron cannot change his personal details
12:30 khall cait: those should dovetail together just fine
12:31 cait1 joined #koha
12:32 cait1 qa from a train isn't easy... khall - it seems with yohann's patch one modification request overwrites the other - i am a bit worried by that
12:32 cait1 so for a borrower there is always only one line in the table
12:33 khall that's actually how it's intended to work, even if it didn't previously.
12:33 cait1 hm ok
12:33 cait1 i will put a note in the comment
12:35 bgkriegel joined #koha
12:35 bgkriegel buen día
12:36 oleonard Hi bgkriegel
12:39 * cait1 waves
12:39 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:44 oleonard Anyone know if there are simple ways to get authority records from LOC or elsewhere besides though the web site?
12:45 cait1 hm z39.50 an then export maybe=
12:45 cait1 ?
12:45 cait1 oleonard: what are you trying to do ? :)
12:45 oleonard Uh... Get authorities? :)
12:47 cait1 ok, i might be confused :)
12:47 cait1 did you see you can download them now via z39.50 in the authorities module?
12:47 tcohen hi cait bgkriegel oleonard
12:48 bgkriegel hi cait oleonard tcohen and all
12:49 oleonard cait1: No I didn't. Now I need some authority record sources I guess.
12:50 cait1 oleonard: i think the sample file has loc
12:50 cait1 oleonard: not sure if there was a database update to add them, maybe check the sql files directly
12:51 oleonard "Q: Does the Library of Congress provide Z39.50 access to authority records? A: No." :P
12:52 jcamins oleonard:
12:52 cait1 hm
12:52 cait1 i could offer you access to our german gnd file for authorities :)
12:53 cait1[…]1f2562d062004d7fd
12:54 oleonard That should teach me never to read a FAQ:
12:54 oleonard Thanks jcamins and cait1
12:55 cait1 heh
12:58 kmlussier joined #koha
13:05 oleonard The "New from Z39.50" button does nothing
13:05 cait1 did you set up the server in the config?
13:06 cait1 it does nothing if no server as added
13:06 cait1 and also there was a javascript error in one of the versions, which version are you on?
13:07 oleonard Now it's working. Firefox hiccup I guess.
13:09 meliss joined #koha
13:12 carmenh joined #koha
13:28 cma joined #koha
13:29 tcohen bug 12788
13:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12788 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Refine search displays 4xx fields from authority records
13:30 cait1 i think it would be cool if one of the libraries tested it
13:30 cait1 it should be totally doable on a sandbox, if you switch the pref before creating your authority and record
13:31 edveal joined #koha
13:31 tcohen cait1: agreed
13:35 tcohen cait1: it needs love, anyway
13:40 tgoat joined #koha
13:43 ashimema cait1.. feel free to point one of them at the ptfs-euroep sandboxes.. they're all feeling lonely at the moment ;)
13:43 tcohen hi ashimema
13:43 ashimema though I have no idea if there are 400's and 100s in the db's as is..
13:44 ashimema hi tcohen..
13:46 oleonard cait1: I can't reproduce Bug 12783
13:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12783 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Tabbed view on acq basket group page broken
13:46 oleonard cait1: Do you get a JS error?
13:47 cma joined #koha
13:48 Joubu works for me too
14:03 oleonard rangi++ # nice blog post about Jim Minges
14:03 oleonard[…]ha-29-jim-minges/
14:04 magnuse hooray for the unsung heroes!
14:04 bgkriegel joined #koha
14:15 cait1 oleonard: yes
14:15 cait1 aout files not being found
14:16 cait1 quite a few
14:16 Joubu cait1: which ones?
14:16 wahanui which ones are those?
14:17 oleonard wahanui: forget which ones
14:17 wahanui oleonard: I forgot which ones
14:18 talljoy joined #koha
14:20 cait1 really bad internet now - black forrest
14:20 cait1 trying
14:20 cait1 oh
14:20 cait1 i think i know
14:20 cait1 my vendor is: katrin's bookshop
14:20 cait1 wth apostrophe
14:20 cait1 i didn't notice that when i filed the bug
14:20 cait1 hm
14:20 cait1 it happens for Books Books Books too :(
14:20 cait1 yahoo is not defined
14:21 oleonard cait1: What is your yuipath system preference setting?
14:23 oleonard cait1: Actually it shouldn't matter, not on the tabbed page.
14:23 oleonard There shouldn't be any YUI dependencies on that page.
14:23 oleonard Oh I guess they're included even if you're not in the basket edit view
14:24 oleonard The yuipath doesn't seem to matter in my test
14:31 cait joined #koha
14:40 Mahdi joined #koha
14:52 cait joined #koha
14:52 cait oleonard?
14:52 wahanui oleonard is, like, still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
14:53 oleonard present
14:53 cait oleonard, Joubu:
14:53 cait sorry, you just asked before we got into the mountains
14:53 cait another hour on the train for me now :) then home
14:54 barton morning, #koha!
14:54 rocio joined #koha
14:54 barton morning, rocio.
14:55 rocio morning!
14:55 wahanui well, morning is a state of the cait
14:55 barton heh.
14:56 Joubu cait: your yuipath is empty?
14:56 oleonard cait: Looks like your yuipath system preference is missing, probably from testing Bug 12494
14:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12494 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Remove yuipath system preference
14:56 cait ooh
14:56 cait what should go in htere?
14:57 barton I'm trying to find out a bit about a change that was made to circ between 3.12 and 3.14 ... apparently, we removed the 'override all' option on checkout -- now, if a patron has items overdue, circ staff have to override every item.
14:57 cait you are right, it's empty
14:58 barton ... I'm trying to find out more about that change ... who, what, where, why ....
14:59 cait barton: hm i am not sure if we changed that
15:00 yohann left #koha
15:00 cait barton: you tried both settings for OverduesBlockCirc?
15:03 cait oleonard, Joubu: you were right
15:05 dani joined #koha
15:08 barton cait -- I'll have to check that syspref.
15:08 gaetan_B joined #koha
15:08 barton cait++
15:12 tcohen oleonard: have you bisected your permission problem regarding cache::fastmmap ?
15:12 oleonard no
15:12 reiveune bye
15:12 reiveune left #koha
15:13 barton cait -- the possible values for OverduesBlockCirc are 'Ask for confirmation', 'Block' and "Don't Block" ... The partner wants to ask for confirmation on the *first* checkin, but wants the option to override any following check outs for the same patron.
15:13 cait i think we never could do hat
15:13 cait buti am not totally sure, it sounds unusual
15:13 tcohen @seen gmcharlt
15:13 oleonard I don't think it works that way for any override
15:13 huginn tcohen: gmcharlt was last seen in #koha 19 hours, 11 minutes, and 57 seconds ago: <gmcharlt> but rangi's right, can ask
15:14 oleonard barton: For instance, one must confirm each time to override checking out an item which exceeds item type limits
15:15 barton hmmm. Someone in #bywater mentioned that there was an "Override all" button at one time.
15:15 oleonard I don't think so
15:17 cait hm don't remember something like that either
15:17 barton Oh well, not the first time a partner led me down the primrose path; won't be the last.
15:29 talljoy1 joined #koha
15:32 talljoy1 joined #koha
15:34 cait left #koha
15:37 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 12782: (followup) skip tests that fail because of provider's error <[…]8503bd0e018cf7c05> / Bug 12782: t/db_dependent/XISBN.t fails in DOM setup <[…]a0b8e0233420fe03a> / Bug 1561 - z39.50 results do not show search terms <
15:47 datadoctor joined #koha
15:47 datadoctor Hi All!
15:48 oleonard attempts to find authority records which match, for instance, subject headings in a bib record? Is that right?
15:51 oleonard jcamins?
15:51 wahanui well, jcamins is the best cookie-chef in #koha.
15:51 druthb wahanui:  botsnack cookie
15:51 wahanui thanks druthb :)
15:52 jcamins That is correct.
15:53 oleonard Thanks jcamins
16:00 Joubu tcohen: I added UT on bug 11244.
16:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11244 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , notices ignoring the dateformat preference
16:30 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
16:30 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
16:30 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_D7 build #133: FIXED in 47 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Master_D7/133/
16:30 jenkins_koha * Marc Veron: Bug 1561 - z39.50 results do not show search terms
16:30 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12782: t/db_dependent/XISBN.t fails in DOM setup
16:30 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12782: (followup) skip tests that fail because of provider's error
16:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1561 enhancement, P3, ---, veron, Pushed to Master , z39.50 results do not show search terms
16:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12782 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , t/db_dependent/XISBN.t should work on DOM too
16:33 cait joined #koha
16:38 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
16:38 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
16:38 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U12 build #138: FIXED in 1 hr 0 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Master_U12/138/
16:38 jenkins_koha * Marc Veron: Bug 1561 - z39.50 results do not show search terms
16:38 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12782: t/db_dependent/XISBN.t fails in DOM setup
16:38 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 12782: (followup) skip tests that fail because of provider's error
16:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1561 enhancement, P3, ---, veron, Pushed to Master , z39.50 results do not show search terms
16:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12782 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , t/db_dependent/XISBN.t should work on DOM too
16:40 tcohen Joubu++
16:46 nengard joined #koha
16:47 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11244: (follow-up) Fix $dateonly flag <[…]80c6a5a415cdd77a1> / Bug 11244: notices ignoring the dateformat preference <[…]0ee9845c427947096> / Bug 11244: Add unit tests for GetPreparedLetter <[…]t;a=commitdiff;h=
16:47 wnickc joined #koha
17:00 Mahdi joined #koha
17:00 dani joined #koha
17:29 edveal joined #koha
17:34 cait also cool to see bugs with so low  numbers fixed :)
17:40 Mahdi joined #koha
18:10 WNickC joined #koha
18:10 Mahdi joined #koha
18:27 talljoy1 joined #koha
18:54 nengard joined #koha
19:06 manfrommarsun joined #koha
19:19 tcohen bye #koha
19:41 nengard joined #koha
20:00 indradg joined #koha
20:14 tcohen joined #koha
20:14 tcohen hi there
20:14 wahanui privet, tcohen
20:17 tcohen rangi: can we change the dashboard? so the build status for master checks Koha_Master_U14?
20:17 tcohen *kidding
20:17 tcohen I mean Koha_Master_D7
20:44 tcohen @later tell rangi please change the dashboard so the status for master is picked from Koha_Master_D7 on jenkins
20:44 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
20:47 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
20:47 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Bo Alto de San Martin, Cordoba City, Argentina is 34.6°C (5:45 PM ART on August 20, 2014). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 31%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Falling).
20:47 * tcohen misses cold weather
20:59 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8539: Library transfer limits page has incorrect permission <[…]d127e6c5a19373075> / Bug 4162 - Followup: only count potential barcodes <[…]0353f47a947648852> / Bug 4162 The inventory tool lacks validation for barcodes <
21:28 * wizzyrea wishes for warm weather
21:28 wizzyrea @wunder nzwn
21:28 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 10.0°C (9:00 AM NZST on August 21, 2014). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Rising).
21:28 wizzyrea hm that's not terrible.
21:28 wizzyrea but it's windy.
21:29 cait left #koha
21:35 indradg joined #koha
22:10 eythian hi
22:10 wahanui bonjour, eythian
22:16 tcohen hi eythian
22:20 dani left #koha
22:36 rocio1 joined #koha
22:38 markvand1nborre joined #koha
22:52 papa joined #koha
22:53 mrx joined #koha
23:34 indradg joined #koha
23:46 indradg hi!
23:46 indradg Readonly::XS 1.05 is installed on my Kubuntu 13.04
23:47 indradg however, ./ -m -u is showing missing dep
23:49 indradg I see a thread here[…]4-May/039555.html
23:49 indradg how to resolve this? I'm trying to build off git

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary