IRC log for #koha, 2013-08-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:26 tcohen joined #koha
00:31 ebegin joined #koha
00:36 dcook joined #koha
01:18 drnoe joined #koha
01:57 JDatTeTakere joined #koha
01:58 davidnind joined #koha
02:01 JDatTeTakere joined #koha
02:06 JDatTeTakere_ joined #koha
02:12 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City - returned from babysitting
02:13 jcamins thd: you're the only one who remembered the meeting, I think.
02:13 * dcook certainly didn't
02:13 thd jcammins: Do you mean that the meeting has not yet started?
02:13 davidnind Just waiting to see if anyone else is here.
02:13 jcamins thd: right.
02:13 davidnind Not yet
02:14 JDatTeTakere_ I've had terrible trouble getting into IRC
02:14 jcamins Someone could go ahead and chair it if they so desired.
02:14 davidnind Who would like to chair?
02:14 davidnind Agenda is at[…]ng,_7_August_2013
02:14 jcamins I just passed through on my way to signing off.
02:15 thd I am here now and my friend's seven month old is sleeping soundly.
02:16 cait joined #koha
02:19 thd This is always a difficult meeting hour.  It is a good time for too much of the ocean and has not encouraged enough participation from parts of the land for which it ought to be good.
02:20 davidnind Should we start anyway?  If there are enough people here.... (A short meeting is always a good one!)
02:21 thd Someone who knows the meeting commands should start.
02:21 JDatTeTakere_ I don't know the commands sorry
02:21 davidnind I can give it a crack - have the list of commands up on my screen
02:22 davidnind #startmeeting
02:22 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
02:22 huginn` davidnind: Error: A meeting name is required, e.g., '#startmeeting Marketing Committee'
02:22 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
02:22 davidnind #startmeeting General IRC meeting 7 August 2013
02:22 huginn` Meeting started Wed Aug  7 02:22:46 2013 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at
02:22 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
02:22 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 August 2013)
02:22 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_7_august_2013'
02:23 davidnind #topic Introductions - use #info
02:23 Topic for #koha is now Introductions - use #info (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 August 2013)
02:23 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, NZ
02:23 bgkriegel #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel, Cordoba, Argentina
02:23 JDatTeTakere_ #info JD (Joanne Dillon) at Te Takere, Levin, NZ
02:23 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
02:24 dcook #info David Langston-Cook, Sydney, Australia
02:25 davidnind At least there are a few of us here!
02:25 davidnind #topic Announcements
02:25 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 August 2013)
02:25 davidnind Does any one have any announcements?
02:26 davidnind There is one from NZ - a New Zealand user group meeting is being planned for 21 November in Auckland, hosted by Plant and Food
02:26 JDatTeTakere_ Fantastic news David
02:27 gmcharlt #info Galen Charlton, Seattle USA
02:27 davidnind I'm not involved in organising it, it has been announced on Twitter with registrations of interest required
02:28 JDatTeTakere_ ok
02:28 davidnind Ok then, do we have any release maintainers to talk about updates?  Otherwise we can skip.
02:28 bgkriegel All is well on 3.10.x
02:29 davidnind #topic Update on releases
02:29 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 August 2013)
02:29 * cjh sneaks in
02:29 cjh All is well, if a little behind, on 3.8.x
02:29 davidnind Great
02:29 davidnind We really just started the meeting, so no problem cjh
02:30 cjh and tcohen isn't here.
02:31 davidnind Anyone else on release updates? There was the security release and monthly updates fro 3.6, 3.8, 3.10 and 3.12.
02:31 davidnind Good work on those responsible for the security release releases too
02:32 gmcharlt #action Every Koha installation will install the relevant security release ASAP
02:33 gmcharlt #info Koha security release announcement can be found at[…]elease-july-2013/
02:34 gmcharlt davidnind: ready for an update on 3.14?
02:34 davidnind Go ahead with 3.14 update
02:34 gmcharlt #info Blog update on 3.14 will be posted by the end of the week
02:34 gmcharlt #info gmcharlt's current focus is testing some of the bigger enhancements in the queue, notably bug 7688
02:34 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7688 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Passed QA , Change subscriptions numbering pattern and frequencies
02:34 gmcharlt #info also working on getting the DBIx::Class branch ready for QA and pushing
02:35 gmcharlt #info Calling for testing and signoff of pending patches, most notably UNIMARC patches
02:35 * gmcharlt was channeling cait with that last one
02:35 gmcharlt questions for me?
02:35 davidnind Thanks gmcharlt
02:36 davidnind #topic Kohacon 2013
02:36 Topic for #koha is now Kohacon 2013 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 August 2013)
02:36 dcook Ack
02:36 dcook I was just going to ask gmcharlt if there is a RFC or any bugs looking forward to making Koha compatible with other metadata formats
02:36 davidnind Go ahead dcook
02:36 gmcharlt dcook: not yet, but in the next couple weeks
02:37 dcook Cool. I'm sure more specific questions can wait until then
02:38 davidnind Is there anyone here able to talk to Kohacon 2013 - only 2 1/2 months away now!
02:39 davidnind Ok, moving on the next item....
02:39 davidnind #topic Kohacon 2014
02:39 Topic for #koha is now Kohacon 2014 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 August 2013)
02:39 BobB #info Bob Birchall, Calyx, Sydney - sorry I'm late, caught out by start time
02:40 davidnind No problems, we started late as there is hardly anyone here.
02:40 davidnind A message went out about Kohacon 2014 - don't think nominations close until September
02:41 davidnind #topic Global bug squashing day
02:41 Topic for #koha is now Global bug squashing day (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 August 2013)
02:42 davidnind I think this is just a reminder - this happening this Friday.  For details see:[…]bug_squashing_day
02:44 BobB so be it!
02:44 bgkriegel :)
02:44 thd What is a one dimensional bug?
02:44 gmcharlt thd: typo bugs, of course
02:45 thd We have often declared those to be features :}
02:46 thd ... when patching by leaving the typo in place.
02:49 kathryn joined #koha
02:51 BobB Has David lost his connection?
02:51 JDatTeTakere_ It seems so
02:52 thd We should wait a few minutes more for him to possibly recover.
02:53 BobB standing by
02:55 davidnind joined #koha
02:56 davidnind Looks like I dropped out - was having a conversation with myself. Apologies for that!
02:56 thd Welcome back.
02:56 wahanui I was trapped in a maze of twisty, turny passages, all alike.
02:56 davidnind #topic Next meeting
02:56 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 7 August 2013)
02:56 thd I propose 11 September.
02:57 davidnind According to my calculations it is 18:00 UTC, would suggest 4th or 11th September
02:57 thd 4 Sep, has a potential conflict for me.
02:58 davidnind Lets make it 11 September then
02:58 gmcharlt +1
02:58 thd +1
02:58 JDatTeTakere_ +1
02:58 bgkriegel +1
02:59 davidnind 11 September at 18:00 UTC then.
02:59 davidnind s/be it is then!
02:59 davidnind Unless anyone has anymore items I'll close the meeting
03:00 davidnind Thanks for everyone's attendance, particularly for those where it is an aweful hour.
03:00 davidnind #endmeeting
03:00 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the Koha IRC channel. The next general meeting is 7 August 2013 at 02:00 UTC. Please use for long pastes
03:00 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Aug  7 03:00:47 2013 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
03:00 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-08-07-02.22.html
03:00 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]3-08-07-02.22.txt
03:00 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]07-02.22.log.html
03:01 davidnind And now I can breathe a sigh of relief, thanks for everyone making it easy to chair! Apologies for any errors etc...
03:01 JDatTeTakere_ Thanks for stepping up David
03:01 gmcharlt davidnind++
03:02 JDatTeTakere_ Are you going to the NZ User Group meeting?
03:02 davidnind A bit nerve wracking, especially when you lose connection!
03:02 thd davidrind: Even with your timeout we had an especially short meeting.
03:02 davidnind I intend to at this stage
03:03 davidnind It is probably because everyone is asleep...or busy
03:03 JDatTeTakere_ Not sure if I can but I'll find out. I am going to KohaCon13 and will only have been back a few weeks
03:04 * thd prepares for laundry and green goop removal.
03:06 davidnind Would like to go to KohaCon, but don't think I will be at this stage
03:06 JDatTeTakere_ It's a long way to go...I'm very lucky. Excited!!
03:07 davidnind The only announcement so far for the NZ user group meeting is on Twitter, with registration of interest to library at
03:07 davidnind Envious - will need to start saving now for the next one, wherever that may be...
03:09 dcook Cordoba, let's hope ;)
03:09 bgkriegel hehe :)
03:10 davidnind Cheers everyone - back to work for me now.
03:10 bgkriegel Ok, time to sleep, by all
03:11 davidnind left #koha
03:20 wizzyrea does anyone remember where batch biblio modification got to?
03:20 rangi failed qa, or in discussion i think
03:20 wizzyrea I thought it was in development but it seems to have gone away
03:20 wizzyrea aha
03:20 dcook Ooo, that would be a nice one
03:21 wizzyrea ah 5725
03:21 wizzyrea bug 5725
03:21 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5725 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, julian.maurice, Failed QA , Batch modifications for Biblios
03:25 wizzyrea joined #koha
03:27 trea joined #koha
03:29 dcook Doesn't look like the coyote got to eat much
05:12 cait1 joined #koha
06:05 sophie_m joined #koha
06:42 laurence joined #koha
06:43 * magnuse waves
06:43 * cait1 waves back
06:45 alex_a joined #koha
06:48 cait1 brb
07:01 christophe_c joined #koha
07:02 christophe_c hello #koha
07:06 drojf joined #koha
07:06 drojf good morning #koha
07:08 magnuse bonjour christophe_c et drojf
07:08 drojf hei magnuse
07:11 dcook hey all
07:11 dcook night all
07:11 wahanui goodnight dcook. You'll be back.
07:11 dcook :)
07:12 drojf rda workshop at the german national library! yay! ;)
07:14 christophe_c bonjour magnuse
07:14 magnuse drojf: wow, waste of time?
07:14 magnuse @wunder marseille
07:14 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 26.0°C (9:00 AM CEST on August 07, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 44%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Falling).
07:14 magnuse @wunder boo
07:14 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 14.0°C (8:50 AM CEST on August 07, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Steady).
07:15 drojf magnuse: apparently they switched rooms because so many people want to go. so they have room for some more now
07:16 * drojf is not going :)
07:17 magnuse yeah, who doesn't want a day off from work? ;-)
07:17 * magnuse is not a fan of rda
07:17 drojf lol
07:18 * magnuse is not a fan of "library technology"
07:18 drojf librarian technology ;)
07:18 magnuse yeah
07:18 drojf @quote 123
07:18 wahanui @quote get 123
07:18 huginn` wahanui: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
07:18 wahanui ...but quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is <reply>...
07:18 huginn` drojf: I suck
07:19 drojf 123technology
07:19 magnuse lol
07:20 bigbrovar joined #koha
07:28 paul_p joined #koha
07:32 kf joined #koha
07:33 magnuse hiya bigbrovar paul_p kf
07:35 kf hi magnuse :)
07:35 kf hi #koha
07:36 drojf hi kf
07:36 kf hi drojf .)
07:49 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:50 * magnuse had "Terrine au pastis de Provence" for breakfast this morning
07:54 kf hm pastis ;)
07:59 kf bgkriegel++ tcohen++
08:15 alex_a joined #koha
09:07 kf hm dcook is sleeping
09:07 kf how unfortunate
09:23 magnuse lazy antipodeans ;-)
09:50 drojf joined #koha
10:19 janPasi joined #koha
11:11 janPasi_ joined #koha
11:34 jwagner joined #koha
11:48 BobB joined #koha
11:49 collum joined #koha
12:26 tcohen joined #koha
12:30 tcohen good morning #koha
12:31 kf hi tcohen :)
12:32 oleonard joined #koha
12:33 kf release schedule
12:33 wahanui it has been said that release schedule is[…]gmcharlt#Timeline
12:34 oleonard Hi #koha, sorry I missed the meeting.
12:35 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:37 drojf oh. meeting?
12:37 drojf ah, the one with the crazy time
12:37 talljoy joined #koha
12:39 * magnuse thinks whoever comes up with an enh for displaying "new stuff" on the front page will earn a lot of gratitude...
12:40 drojf magnuse: public report + some javascript?
12:40 kf magnuse: i think wizzyrea was onto something using JSON
12:40 kf drojf: yep
12:41 drojf oh, that was a small and short meeting
12:42 drojf at least short in log
12:42 oleonard That time of day isn't terrible for me if I remember it. Not ideal, however.
12:44 magnuse drojf, kf: sounds good, but it should be just a syspref or two...
12:44 drojf magnuse: patches welcome :)
12:44 drojf :P
12:44 oleonard @quote add <gmcharlt> LET NO BUG OCCUPY MORE THAN TWO DIMENSIONS!
12:44 huginn` oleonard: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
12:45 oleonard What the heck, I thought I was identified
12:45 oleonard @quote add <gmcharlt> LET NO BUG OCCUPY MORE THAN TWO DIMENSIONS!
12:45 huginn` oleonard: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
12:45 oleonard *sigh*
12:45 drojf somebody doesn't like oleonard
12:46 magnuse drojf: :-)
12:46 oleonard It must be nickserv, who lies when he says "You are successfully identified as oleonard"
12:46 drojf or huginn` is drunk and looks at the wrong guy
12:47 ebegin joined #koha
12:47 drojf magnuse: the problem i see is that you could come up with a lot of options for that, depending on the library
12:48 magnuse yup, so two sysprefs and lots of flexibility is ideal ;-)
12:49 drojf do we have sample reports for the public reports thingy?
12:49 drojf it could use one by default and say "come up with the report, the rest is done automatically"
12:49 drojf (if you want somethign else than standard)
12:49 drojf *something
12:50 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software The next general meeting is 11 September 2013 at 18:00 UTC. Please use for long pastes
12:51 mtj magnuse, CALYX have a new-books thing coming for opac…
12:51 * magnuse is all ears
12:53 magnuse yay
12:55 mtj ill submit it to BZ next week
12:56 drojf a real database manual would say "developing a database". a filemaker manual says "thinking like a developer". i think that is appropriate. no sane database developer would use filemaker. the ms paint of database land.
12:58 jcamins drojf: I don't think that's quite right.
12:58 jcamins The real MS Paint of database land was made by the makers of MS Paint.
12:59 oleonard The MacPaint of database land?
12:59 jcamins oleonard: that sounds about right.
12:59 tcohen why isn't the cronjob enabled by default on packages?
13:00 dani joined #koha
13:02 drojf jcamins oleonard LOL ok you are right
13:05 druthb kf!  drojf!  :D
13:05 mtj i just used this method to fix koha's 'rising' footer problem ->[…]-footer-code.html
13:06 oleonard What is the 'rising' footer problem?
13:06 drojf i thought it was a feature i don't like
13:06 drojf druthb!
13:06 jcamins What problem/feature?
13:07 mtj its where the footer often sits midway up the page, on
13:07 mtj ...rather than sitting at the bottom
13:07 jcamins mtj: I think that's by design.
13:07 mtj :)
13:08 oleonard mtj can you show an example?
13:09 mtj for me, the footer is not at the bottom of the page -  but 75% down
13:10 mtj (thats not quite where i want my footer to be)
13:10 oleonard Yeah that's just the way it is.
13:10 oleonard So making it sticky is fine, it's just not something that should be working but isn't
13:10 mtj (bug or design-feature?)
13:11 mtj ok, sticky is fine
13:13 mtj heres a 'fixed' version of that footer, using that method
13:14 mtj (always at teh bottom)
13:15 oleonard mtj I wonder if that's what is triggering a horizontal scrollbar?
13:15 oleonard Do you get that too?
13:16 mtj yeah, i do actually (just noticed)
13:17 mtj ill see if i can fix that
13:18 mtj so, this is a bug that i am fixing here, folks
13:19 mtj or a feature.. by design ?
13:19 oleonard mtj: You are changing the default behavior of the footer to suit your needs
13:20 drojf oleonard: that has not been the default behaviour for me until recently
13:20 jcamins drojf: really? That's been the way Koha has always behaved for me.
13:20 drojf not for me
13:20 mtj its always been that way
13:21 drojf something changed for me, not long ago
13:21 jcamins I asked a year or two ago about changing it, and oleonard explained that the static footer was on the staff client and not the OPAC because the staff client is more like a "web application," and the OPAC more like a website.
13:21 jcamins Or something like that.
13:21 mtj lol
13:22 oleonard jcamins is correctly repeating the original rationale for that decision
13:22 mtj all i see is a footer sitting halfway up a page
13:23 jcamins mtj: if your footer is not colored, it actually makes sense... it's a short page, so all the content is near the top.
13:23 oleonard So it's good that you're trying to change it in your situation, and you're welcome to argue that it should be the default behavior
13:27 mtj yeah, i guess a syspref is needed for both behaviour
13:28 oleonard Or we could just decide to change it for everyone
13:28 oleonard It's the exact thing I was just working on in the new Bootstrap OPAC
13:28 oleonard ...and wondering whether it should be fixed or not.
13:29 drojf one thing i hate about fixed footers is messing up the browser's search function.
13:29 drojf i don't know if that is still a problem though
13:29 drojf and if it is to be considered a browser problem
13:30 oleonard I don't know about that one drojf. What's the problem?
13:30 mtj oleonard, my hunch is that more people want it 'fixed',  than not..
13:31 drojf when you use ctrl+f to search in the browser and the footer is on top of where your result would be
13:31 kf drojf: haven't read all but i agree about the footer -i think it leaset in staff it was different and now it does it there too
13:32 kf drojf: behaving unsticky... /me goes back to writing an article about koha she has not much inspiration for yet
13:32 kf hm actually... there is inspiration... just the words are not really flowing .)
13:32 drojf kf: yes i was wondering if what changed for me was in staff. i have no koah here to test. i only know it came, then went away again and came back. but that may just be me jumping around in git
13:34 druthb @wunder 77063
13:34 huginn` druthb: The current temperature in Briargrove Park, Houston, Texas is 28.2°C (8:34 AM CDT on August 07, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 24.0°C. Pressure: 29.90 in 1012 hPa (Falling). Heat advisory in effect until 9 PM CDT this evening...
13:34 oleonard The footer in the staff client changed a little when we added Bootstrap. Could that be it? I tried to duplicate the behavior we had before, so if it's acting differently I would like to know how.
13:35 * druthb sighs.
13:35 drojf oleonard: i will try to remember having a look at home
13:35 mtj drojf, does this page have your cntl+f bug ->[…]-footer-code.html
13:37 drojf mtj: i don't see a footer there :)
13:37 kf oleonard: i thin it is acting differently
13:37 kf oleonard: i noticed on some of the popups especially... hm, that it was up
13:38 kf oleonard: closer to the top instead of sticking to the bottom
13:38 mtj drojf, its the grey bit - at the bottom of the page :)
13:45 drojf mtj: oh, i was expecting something more hover-y. i only see it when i scroll all the way down. that won't be a problem. or should i see it regardless of where i am on the page? then it may be me blocking some javascript
13:46 bigbrovar_ joined #koha
13:46 oleonard drojf: The point is that it sticks to the bottom of the page even if you don't have enough content to push it that far down
13:48 oleonard That page needs a demo so that it's clear what it does
13:48 drojf i fail to understand how i would check that with mtj's example that has way more content than my monitor is capable of showing :)
13:48 oleonard Exactly.
13:49 oleonard This page is a little better, depending on the size of your screen:
13:49 mtj yeah, its a bad demo :)
13:50 mtj but you can resize/zoom you window, to show it works..
13:51 mtj ie: zoom-out
13:53 drojf ok i see what it does :) no, that is not a problem. it's only a problem if it hovers on top of everything, which i think the staff client does or did at some point
13:53 drojf have to reboot. lol windows lol
13:53 drojf ;)
13:56 oleonard The staff client language chooser indeed overlays the page content, though I see it takes up a little too much space below about 1000 pixels wide
13:57 drojf joined #koha
13:57 kf khall++ for the holds queue explanation
13:59 oleonard Actually it's the overlay-page-content behavior that was deemed too "application-like" in the original 3.0 OPAC, not a 'sticky' footer
14:00 oleonard Too bad Bootstrap doesn't offer the "sticky" behavior as an option out of the box.
14:01 mtj yes, and yes :)
14:01 mtj hopefully that method works with BS too ^^
14:01 oleonard[…]ticky-footer.html
14:02 mtj awesome
14:02 oleonard Oh it's in Bootstrap 3
14:11 bigbrovar__ joined #koha
14:19 rambutan joined #koha
14:40 maximep joined #koha
14:51 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7257: Add a link to remove an individual title from a list in the OPAC <[…]006fe5763ffa2a090>
14:56 jenkins_koha Starting build #27 for job master_maria (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
14:59 * oleonard cheers Bug 7257
14:59 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7257 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Add a link to remove an individual title from a list
14:59 drojf "this routine may sound contrived, but it's fairly common among filemaker pros."
15:00 jenkins_koha Starting build #1347 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1338 13 days ago)
15:05 jcamins drojf: don't give up your day job.
15:19 christophe_c left #koha
15:19 drojf jcamins: unfortunately that is one of my dayjobs
15:21 jcamins drojf: in that case, I hope your audience is composed solely of jesters and morticians, who naturally would not expect to be amused..
15:21 jcamins :P
15:22 jcamins ("don't give up your day job" is a colloquial way to say "that thing you just did (telling a joke, singing a song, whatever) was not very good, so you won't make money as a comedian/singer/whatever)
15:22 jcamins *")
15:22 drojf oh. LOL. no. using filemaker is part of my job. that sentence is from a book about filemaker. and it sums up filemaker nicely :(
15:23 jcamins I figured, but "Filemaker pros" is also a pun, and I felt it needed some recognition.
15:23 drojf true :D
15:24 jcamins For example, someone pointing out was dreadful. :P
15:33 oleonard Okay, the language-chooser in the new Bootstrap OPAC will be sticky but not fixed.
15:36 oleonard The language chooser pop-up menu seems to work in IE7, IE9, and IE10, based on IE10's "browser mode" tool. (wtf, IE8?)
15:36 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #27: STILL UNSTABLE in 39 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/master_maria/27/
15:36 jenkins_koha Owen Leonard: Bug 7257: Add a link to remove an individual title from a list in the OPAC
15:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7257 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Add a link to remove an individual title from a list
15:37 drojf oleonard: but IE8 is my favourite IE! :P
15:39 oleonard IE6 would have been my favorite if it hadn't overstayed its welcome by 8000 years.
15:39 drojf lol
15:40 drojf oh, i am on windows. let's see what an ie i really have
15:40 pianohacker joined #koha
15:40 drojf looks like someone who installed that thing made sure nobody will find IE anywhere
15:40 drojf ah, found it
15:41 oleonard What version of Windows are you using?
15:41 drojf OK, i have seen an IE10 now.
15:41 drojf windows 7
15:41 wahanui somebody said windows 7 was starting to tick me off
15:41 drojf it says it's updating automatically
15:42 drojf and it has just been started for the secons time ever
15:42 drojf the first time was when i downloaded firefox after installing windows
15:43 drojf oops, i accidentally just threw the IE link into the trash
15:43 drojf i would not want poor coworkers to stumble over that
15:43 oleonard oops, I accidentally just set the trash on fire
15:44 jcamins drojf: people say IE is a useless browser, but I've always disagreed. IE is the most useful browser on Windows: it enables you to get Chrome or Firefox.
15:44 drojf that is correct
15:44 drojf it has its special purpose
15:45 drojf and it is ok in that :D
15:45 oleonard There's really nothing like that feeling of firing up IE to download another browser.
15:58 kf left #koha
16:01 melia joined #koha
16:09 drojf i'd like a keychainsaw
16:10 drojf and a keychain jetpack to get home in a cool way
16:11 gmcharlt we live in the future! we're supposed to have aircars that fold into briefcases by now!
16:11 drojf true. but there is not even the hoverboard that back to the future promised us
16:12 oleonard And robots never started WWIII! What a rip-off!
16:12 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1347: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 12 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1347/
16:12 jenkins_koha Owen Leonard: Bug 7257: Add a link to remove an individual title from a list in the OPAC
16:12 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7257 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Add a link to remove an individual title from a list
16:15 drojf left #koha
16:15 drojf joined #koha
16:18 oleonard Bleargh, I hate pagination_bar. Building HTML in a .pm is a terrible idea.
16:32 cait joined #koha
16:32 oleonard Who is committer "plg" ?
16:33 oleonard Oh, Pierrick LE GALL
16:33 oleonard that's some old code
16:35 * oleonard wonders how much he would have to talk to himself to break the old record
16:40 rambutan hi oleonard (to prevent the appearance of engaging oneself in conversation)
16:47 * cait waves to oleonard
16:48 oleonard You guys this new OPAC theme is looking pretty good if I do say so myself
16:48 rambutan I wanna see it.
16:49 oleonard wizzyrea's demo of it seems to be down at the moment
16:50 rambutan do you have a link for later?
16:50 oleonard
16:50 rambutan tnx
16:50 collum joined #koha
17:22 drojf joined #koha
17:42 ibeardslee joined #koha
17:48 Callender joined #koha
18:01 oleonard I'm back. You can all start talking again.
18:02 drojf1 joined #koha
18:02 tcohen joined #koha
18:08 tcohen joined #koha
18:09 tomas_ joined #koha
18:18 tcohen joined #koha
18:21 rambutan joined #koha
18:26 tcohen cait did you have a chance to advance with those unit tests?
18:26 cait not yet :(
18:26 cait right now on phone
18:26 cait and watching my dinner get cold
18:27 jcamins cait: does it do something interesting while getting cold?
18:27 cait no, just can't eat while on the phone
18:28 jcamins Cut it into tiny pieces?
18:28 jcamins Then you'll only need to chew each bite a very little bit.
18:34 cait talking! :)
18:35 * druthb wields wiffle-bat.
18:40 tcohen oh
18:40 tcohen dinner + phone call + irc?
18:53 madcrow joined #koha
18:53 madcrow hello kohaphiles
18:53 madcrow does anybody know how well a small koha instance would work on an amazon t1 micro instance
18:55 jcamins madcrow: if it's very low use, it'll be slow but usable.
18:56 jcamins Or, at least, that was true three years ago. I guess I haven't tried it since.
18:56 madcrow i'd predict no more than 5 or 6 users at a time
18:56 madcrow and that would be a peak usage level
18:56 jcamins Very low use = ~1 user.
18:56 madcrow usually it would be less]
18:57 madcrow i'm just trying to decide whether it makes more sense to build a small server or to go with amazon
18:57 pianohacker madcrow: What sort of things will you be doing? Circulation, catalog searching, etc.?
18:57 pianohacker Some parts of Koha are much more demanding than others :P
18:58 jcamins pianohacker: good point. OPAC is a lot heavier than circ.
18:58 madcrow catalog searching (and initial cataloging) for now and eventually circulation
18:58 mjk there. now i have my proper name
18:59 gmcharlt mjk: how large is the collection?
18:59 mjk between 10 and 15k volumes
19:00 gmcharlt mjk: personally, I'd go for a m1.small
19:25 sophie_m1 joined #koha
19:39 pianohacker Is anyone here familiar with UNIMARC, and more specifically, the normalization logic in MARCfindbreeding in
19:42 cait sounds like a scary place
19:43 pianohacker cait: There's a reason that while I'm studing the behavior of the existing cataloging interface very carefully, I am using absolutely no code from it
19:43 cait heh
20:02 oleonard pianohacker: I think I saw you mention me in the log when I looked up the meeting minutes but I didn't go back and look. Did you have a question for me?
20:03 pianohacker uh, nothing important that comes to mind
20:05 pianohacker oleonard: thanks anyways
20:06 cait pianohacker: minimizing javascript
20:06 pianohacker oh right
20:06 pianohacker thanks cait
20:06 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
20:06 huginn` drojf: The current temperature in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany is 24.5°C (9:43 PM CEST on August 07, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 61%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
20:07 pianohacker oleonard: Was curious if you had a preferred minimizer that you'd used for Koha, just ended up using
20:07 pianohacker @wunder 80401
20:07 huginn` pianohacker: The current temperature in Lookout Pointe, Golden, Colorado is 19.3°C (2:06 PM MDT on August 07, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 60%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
20:07 pianohacker goodness, the humidity lately
20:08 oleonard pianohacker: I don't have a preferred one, no. I hear good things about UglifyJS and would like to eventually incorporate it into a formal JavaScript build process
20:09 druthb @wunder 77063
20:09 huginn` druthb: The current temperature in Briargrove Park, Houston, Texas is 39.1°C (3:09 PM CDT on August 07, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 28%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 29.88 in 1012 hPa (Falling). Heat advisory in effect until 9 PM CDT this evening...
20:09 druthb whoa.
20:10 cait @wunder Konstanz
20:10 pianohacker oleonard: formal build process sounds like an excellent idea. Now that we have a nice fast plack opac, bundling our CSS and JS would be nice
20:11 druthb @wunder konstanz
20:11 huginn` druthb: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 22.0°C (10:00 PM CEST on August 07, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 68%. Dew Point: 17.0°C. Pressure: 29.91 in 1013 hPa (Rising).
20:12 pianohacker druthb: good god.
20:13 drojf druthb has some fun weather out there
20:13 drojf those poor skittles…
20:13 druthb for some value of "fun."  If you like *living* in a sauna.
20:13 jcamins pianohacker: which Plack configuration are you using? I imagine Jessie has pretty much everything you might want packaged.
20:14 pianohacker damn straight I have everything you'd need packaged
20:15 pianohacker *wiggles eyebrows*
20:15 jcamins lol
20:15 pianohacker jcamins: But seriously, haven't tried that yet :) Is there something in the Plack config to bundle all of our CSS/JS into a single request?
20:16 pianohacker two requests, of course, but nonetheless
20:16 drojf omg, firefox 23 got rid of <blink>? best part of html ever. :(
20:18 jcamins pianohacker: I believe there is, but I was just wondering if you were using Starman, Plack, or...
20:18 jcamins And I don't use Plack for static content.
20:18 pianohacker gotcha
20:18 * druthb chucks Skittles at drojf.
20:18 pianohacker blinking skittles?
20:18 gmcharlt druthb: there's always the marquee tag
20:18 gmcharlt er, rather, drojf ^^
20:19 pianohacker I was tempted to find the irssi blink keyboard shortcut, but didn't want a ban enough
20:19 cait marquee tag?
20:20 druthb drojf:  If you really miss <blink>, you could do it with JS:
20:20 gmcharlt cait:
20:21 cait aaaaw
20:22 drojf lol druthb
20:22 cait we should have a new opac template using marquee all over...
20:22 druthb cait!
20:22 druthb ew!
20:22 * gmcharlt hears screaming from Athens, OH
20:22 drojf druthb: that goes great together with ff23 hiding the option to diable javascript! :(
20:23 druthb poor oleonard.
20:23 drojf *disable
20:23 * druthb gets out the wiffle bat again.
20:23 jcamins drojf: why would they do that?
20:23 drojf jcamins: i don't know. and i disapprove
20:24 jcamins I guess everyone just uses noscript.
20:24 drojf you can do it in about:config. why would i want to search the entrails of my browser for that? :(
20:24 drojf heh yeah i was just wondering if that is the reason
20:24 oleonard Because regular folks don't want to disable JavaScript but do want an inferior Firebug clone built in.
20:24 * drojf does not use noscript
20:25 jcamins I use noscript.
20:25 jcamins And requestpolicy.
20:25 druthb[…]ath-by-wiffle-bat
20:25 drojf oleonard: haha yeah that thing sucks. they tried to make us use it at the firefoxos appday. "but, hm, of course you can also use firebug if you like"
20:26 drojf jcamins: i use requestpolicy
20:26 drojf well, there is noscript in the tor browser.
20:26 drojf i don't really trust it
20:28 * oleonard hadn't heard of requestpolicy
20:28 jcamins Oh, yeah, I was wondering about that developer tool. Is it useful in some way that I have failed to recognize?
20:28 jcamins Because I find it absolutely worthless.
20:28 oleonard Every time I try to use it (usually because I clicked the wrong "inspect" menu item) I get frustrated that it doesn't do something Firebug does
20:29 jcamins oleonard: requestpolicy is great. The only way to get rid of Facebook.
20:29 jcamins And Twitter.
20:29 wahanui it has been said that twitter is quite invasive of culture. :)
20:29 jcamins And Google plus, too.
20:29 jcamins But Facebook is the worst.
20:29 jcamins "Hi, I see you did a Google search for 'why won't the bloody edges just link already?'. I will post that to Facebook."
20:30 drojf ok, then it is not just me ragrding the dev thing. i just don't understand how to do qanything i would like to do woth it. i gave up, guessing that it can't do things i want to do
20:30 drojf *regarding
20:30 drojf woah my typing is great
20:31 drojf oh, but ff23 has great new "social" things now
20:31 * oleonard dashes off
20:31 drojf it sounded like what jcamins just described ;)
20:32 jcamins Hey... is it just me or do we have an ff23 variable in one of our cataloging plugins?
20:33 jcamins Or something very similar.
20:33 jcamins Pretty sure we do.
20:33 pianohacker for normarc 008, yeah :)
20:33 * jcamins weeps.
20:33 pianohacker fun times: [theo]:~/p/koha> wc -l koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/cat​aloguing/value_builder/
20:33 jcamins Most horrible thing ever.
20:33 pianohacker 4520 koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/cat​aloguing/value_builder/
20:34 jcamins (the most horrible thing ever being that I knew that)
20:35 * pianohacker would like this opportunity to mention ag, the silver searcher, and its ability to bring kittens and puppies down from the heavens when run on an SSD
20:37 jcamins pianohacker: intriguing.
20:37 pianohacker jcamins: Can search the entire Koha code base for f23 in under a second
20:38 jcamins Wow.
20:38 jcamins Not packaged for Ubuntu Precise.
20:40 jcamins But here's a PPA.
20:41 jcamins For raring only.
20:42 jcamins So much for that.
20:42 pianohacker updates are slow these days, may be worth just building from source
20:44 rambutan joined #koha
21:09 drojf joined #koha
21:09 drojf joined #koha
21:50 maximep left #koha
21:57 wizzyrea for fun, anybody who's around, please click on the link up there for the responsive demo?
21:57 cait hm link?
21:57 wizzyrea nope, you'll have to backscroll :P
21:57 cait oh don't be mean :)
21:58 cait i am trying to write unit tests!
22:00 cait preety
22:00 cait pretty
22:01 cait hm
22:01 rangi nice and fast too
22:01 cait what's that thing on the left from Cart?
22:01 cait and it does look really nice :)
22:01 wizzyrea yea, some idiot in chicago was performing a search every 2 seconds, then spidering every result and downloading every format of record.
22:01 cait can make it really small too
22:02 * wizzyrea had nothing to do with how nice it looks
22:02 wizzyrea hey moron, go get the records from gutenberg, that's where I got em.
22:04 jcamins cait: an artifact that oleonard hasn't removed yet.
22:04 wizzyrea well it's the bit that shows the number of things in your cart
22:04 wizzyrea It should show 0
22:04 wizzyrea looks ok when there's stuff in the cart
22:07 cait hm
22:07 cait is it me or does Cancelreserve not return anything useful?
22:09 cait or AddReserve... while we are on it
22:18 cait yay
22:18 cait 23 tests pass
22:19 wizzyrea \o/
22:39 mtj oooh, responsive is looking real nice
22:40 mtj very sooothing...
22:41 wizzyrea it's rather low contrast really, but those colors come from CCSR
22:43 mtj yep, but its a nice blank canvas for skinning/theming
22:59 laurence left #koha
23:00 papa joined #koha
23:16 tcohen joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary