IRC log for #koha, 2013-08-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:12 oleonard joined #koha
00:13 oleonard wizzyrea around?
00:15 wizzyrea i am
00:15 wizzyrea hi
00:15 oleonard Hey, I was just checking the log for something and saw your comment about the Cart
00:15 oleonard That should be fixed in the latest version.
00:15 wizzyrea yea!
00:15 wizzyrea cool!
00:16 wizzyrea i will grab it later this afternoon (I'm going to be doing some testing on the mechanism by which it gets updated anyway)
00:16 oleonard I'm really getting excited about it. It's getting really close to being done, I think.
00:16 wizzyrea \o/
00:16 wizzyrea I was noticing that it is looking *really* flash
00:17 cait :)
00:18 oleonard Okay, that's all. See y'all in 12 hours!
00:19 wizzyrea later :)
00:19 * cait is irritated by noone sending her to bed :)
00:21 ibeardslee go to bed
00:21 jcamins cait?
00:21 wahanui cait: go to bed
00:23 cait hm
00:24 wizzyrea Hey, go to bed!
00:24 wizzyrea that's an order!
00:24 cait hm
00:24 wizzyrea don't make me get out my camomile tea
00:24 cait lol
00:24 * cait hates camomile tea
00:26 cait it's toowarm
00:26 cait @wunder Konstanz
00:26 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 18.1°C (2:25 AM CEST on August 08, 2013). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Rising).
00:43 mtompset joined #koha
00:44 mtompset Greetings, #koha. Oh shoot! I missed the meeting again.
00:44 drnoe left #koha
00:46 cait left #koha
01:21 mtompset If I was to work on a fix for the facets related to OpacHiddenItems, would it be better to patch it up in C4::Search (where the records are actually grabbed) or after the fact in
01:21 jcamins It depends how you intend to fix it.
01:23 mtompset The problem would be logic similar to the GetHiddenItems in C4::Items would be placed in pazGetRecords or getRecords in C4::Search if I went the C4::Search way.
01:24 mtompset Otherwise similar logic would be put in (because results_hashref is fully built and just needs filtering)
01:24 mtompset At least that's what I'm thinking conceptually.
01:29 mtompset I'm just worried about having to rebase related to any search improvements, changes that are going on.
01:42 dcook joined #koha
01:42 dcook morning #koha
01:43 dcook gmcharlt: Any chance you're around to field a MARC::Record query?
01:45 dcook Ah, nevermind
01:45 dcook Found it :)
01:45 dcook Whew...
01:46 * dcook was wanting MARC::Field not MARC::Record
01:56 mtompset Which MARC::Field is items.itemnumber in results_refhash? ;)
01:57 jcamins 952. All the item subfields have to be on the same MARC field.
01:58 mtompset subfield?
01:59 jcamins @marc 952
01:59 wahanui The 952 field is used by Koha to store item data in MARC21 and is described at[…]_fields_%289xx%29
01:59 huginn` jcamins: unknown tag 952
01:59 jcamins ^^ that might help
02:01 mtompset thanks, jcamins.
02:01 mtompset jcamins++ # useful link knowledge.
02:03 mtompset Okay. 952$9 seems to be the MARC subfield I want to use, next question... do I have to check for UNIMARC and use 995$9 for the filtering code I am about to work on?
02:04 mtompset (it does say proposal, but I know how far out of date pages can get)
02:05 jcamins You should be using the Koha to MARC mappings not hardcoding subfields.
02:10 mtompset which table is that?
02:10 mtompset (or function)
02:11 bgkriegel_ joined #koha
02:13 mtompset marc_subfield_structure?
02:14 jcamins I don't recall. You could check the perldoc.
02:17 bgkriegel_ Ni,
02:19 bgkriegel_ Hi, kohag-qa is playing  trucos with me, checking a bug sometimes it finde errors, sometimes n
02:19 bgkriegel_ nnot
02:19 bgkriegel_ Any idea?
02:20 mtompset trucos?
02:21 mtompset bgkriegel_: perhaps your default perlcritic isn't the same depending on directory?
02:21 mtompset perlcriticRC.
02:22 bgkriegel joined #koha
02:22 mtompset Or is this a sometimes find, sometimes not find in the same directory, bgkriegel_?
02:22 mtompset bgkriegel: perhaps your default perlcriticrc isn't the same depending on directory?
02:22 bgkriegel yes, to consecutive runs
02:22 mtompset consecutive runs?!
02:22 bgkriegel and with and without -v, or -v 2
02:22 bgkriegel yeap
02:23 bgkriegel it's very strange
02:23 mtompset That is strange. Perhaps the code being tested is possessed by perl daemons. ;)
02:24 bgkriegel I've updated the repo, and perl modules, all I can
02:24 bgkriegel hehe, may be
02:35 mtompset Hmm... I'm using debian... why are my versions of test::www::mechanize and archive::extract not meeting recommended levels?!
02:43 wizzyrea needs wheezy versions maybe?
02:52 mtompset I am using wheezy.
02:52 mtompset would the wheezy versions be behind the squeeze versions?
02:56 mtompset C4::Biblio -- GetMarcFromKohaField :)
02:56 mtompset That's what I want. :)
03:12 mtompset Have a great day (24 hour period), #koha.
03:36 drojf joined #koha
04:42 dani_away left #koha
05:35 cait joined #koha
05:48 cait hm
05:48 * cait needs someone from the qa team for bug 10663...
05:48 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10663 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Holds never block renewals
06:01 laurence joined #koha
06:35 cait @wunder Konstanz
06:35 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 17.5°C (8:35 AM CEST on August 08, 2013). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Rising).
06:36 magnuse @wunder boo
06:36 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 12.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on August 08, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Rising).
06:37 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:37 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 19.0°C (8:30 AM CEST on August 08, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
06:37 * magnuse waves
06:37 rangi @wunder nzwn
06:37 * cait waves back
06:37 huginn` rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 14.0°C (6:00 PM NZST on August 08, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
06:44 marcelr joined #koha
06:44 marcelr morning #koha
06:45 sophie_m joined #koha
06:47 paul_p joined #koha
06:50 magnuse congrats, rangi, you beat me :-)
06:50 rangi heh
06:51 cait you know - it's not winter... you just have norwegian summer :)
06:51 cait it's raining and i have to walk to work
06:51 cait *sigh*
06:51 cait bbl
06:52 cait left #koha
06:56 alex_a joined #koha
07:00 * magnuse considers puppet
07:00 magnuse anyone got any alternative recommendations in that space?
07:03 rangi chef
07:03 christophe_c joined #koha
07:04 christophe_c hello #koha
07:05 magnuse rangi: okay, any particular reason?
07:05 magnuse bonjour christophe_c
07:05 sophie_m joined #koha
07:05 christophe_c salut magnuse ;-)
07:06 rangi nope, they just seem to be the 2 that everyone uses
07:07 magnuse ah
07:07 magnuse puppet seems to be more "open core" than chef, perhaps
07:11 rangi there is a bit of that too
07:20 kf joined #koha
07:41 magnuse oh rangi: says "Generated by SchemaSpy on Fri Sep 28 09:20 NZST 2012" - does it need to be updated?
07:42 magnuse ...or re-generated
07:42 rangi yep, ill do that tomorrow
07:42 magnuse cool
07:53 kf rangi++
07:53 * magnuse saves his ++ for when it's done ;-)
07:54 magnuse wow, Viktor seems to be quite certain that multiple barcodes per item is common in swedish library systems
07:54 magnuse @quote get 123
07:54 wahanui
07:54 huginn` magnuse: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
07:54 rangi wtf
07:54 rangi why would you do that?
07:55 rangi i mean, what possible use is doing that
07:55 magnuse dunno
07:55 rangi how would you know which one to scan?
07:55 rangi sounds like a dumb idea koha shouldnt copy
07:55 magnuse apparently, if a book looses its physical barcode they stick on a new one and add the new one to the system without deleting the old one
07:55 rangi we have copied enough dumb ideas from other library systems already
07:56 magnuse my feeling exactly
07:57 rangi it probably is done that way, because the other library systems are broken and tie things to barcodes
07:57 magnuse or they bought books that came with barcodes on the inside of the cover, entered that into the system, found them impractical, added new barcodes on the outside and added that new barcode, without deleting the old one from the system
07:57 rangi not itemnumbers
07:57 rangi so you cant delete/change the barcode, without losing history
07:57 magnuse ooh, that actually makes sens
07:57 magnuse e
07:57 rangi then people confuse a stupid mistake, with a feature
07:58 magnuse hehe
07:58 kf i wonder
07:59 kf maybe they misused the barcode number as inventory/accession number
07:59 kf rangi++
07:59 rangi exactly
07:59 rangi ive seen that a lot in migrations
07:59 kf @quote add rangi: then people confuse a stupid mistake, with a feature
07:59 huginn` kf: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
07:59 kf meh.
07:59 * kf too
07:59 kf just recently, it was weird
07:59 kf i kept looking for real PK in the data
08:00 magnuse i'll be looking at circ data from their old system real soon now, so then i'll learn the hard way how it works
08:02 kathryn_ joined #koha
08:06 kf hi kathryn?
08:12 magnuse try kathryn_ perhaps?
08:12 kf magnuse: anyway, it's the wrong time!
08:13 kathryn_ hello all :)
08:13 kf but she is real :)
08:14 kathryn_ oh yeah nice of you to say hi to other me kf , I'll take that as good morning when I get to work tomorrow :D
08:14 kf i might be there then too ;)
08:18 kf marcelr: i have lots - bug 10663
08:18 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10663 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Holds never block renewals
08:25 Irma joined #koha
08:29 Irma joined #koha
08:39 drojf good morning #koha
08:39 kf hi drojf
08:39 kf and drojf++ # some mail to a german mailing list
08:40 rangi hi drojf
08:40 drojf hi kf and rangi
08:40 drojf kf: she's moderated now :D
08:41 drojf tough luck if you do not know who the listmaster is and ignore his mails :P
08:41 rangi heh
08:42 rangi bazinga
08:51 magnuse oh, GBSD starts in 1 hour, 9 minutes, 20 seconds if you choose Kiritimati time
08:51 kf woohoo :)
09:00 kathryn_ left #koha
09:12 drojf yay
09:13 magnuse hm, that was not the first kohagbsd tweet...
09:28 kf hm
09:29 kf hm some more tests ... but i have the patch for 10697 almost ready for testing
09:35 huginn joined #koha
09:37 drojf kf++
09:39 magnuse kf++
09:41 kf let's just hope it works
09:43 * magnuse crosses his fingers
09:44 kf doesn't look too bad
09:52 * magnuse wonders if slef is following
09:53 magnuse today's stage starts and ends in bodø:[…]3/us/stage-1.html
09:53 magnuse no luck with the weather, though...
09:53 magnuse @wunder boo
09:53 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 11.0°C (11:20 AM CEST on August 08, 2013). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
10:04 magnuse GBSD is here! (if you choose Kiribati time)
10:04 magnuse @confetti
10:04 huginn magnuse: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
10:04 magnuse confetti
10:04 wahanui well, confetti is[…]1qh8hleo1_400.gif
10:05 kf hmmm confusing
10:08 * magnuse wonders which part of GBSD kf finds confusing
10:09 kf heh no this code
10:09 drojf more confetti!
10:09 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'​`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'
10:09 magnuse ah
10:09 magnuse confetti!
10:09 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
10:09 magnuse gottcha
10:09 drojf yay! :D
10:10 * magnuse finds the bots confusing, sometimes
10:11 drojf i think the bots have the same problem
10:11 drojf excuse?
10:11 wahanui drojf: T-1's congested due to porn traffic to the news server.
10:11 drojf @excuse
10:11 huginn drojf: My excuse for today is "plankton blooms"
10:11 drojf i'll go with porn :D
10:12 kf oh that looked like a bit of hail
10:12 * magnuse needs lunch
10:15 kf i feel like there should be a "Waiting"
10:17 drojf i feel like there should be cookies
10:22 kf lots of cookies
10:23 irma1 joined #koha
10:23 kf ok
10:23 kf i found it all good
10:33 kf ok
10:33 kf it#s done
10:33 kf and the good news is - it probably didn't cause bugs
10:33 kf because in the places it was used, it seemed unused on further research...
10:34 bgkriegel joined #koha
10:40 magnuse kf: yay
10:40 kf drojf: check inetbib - fishes everywhere
10:41 kf magnuse: the one big problem was in canbookberenwed
10:41 kf and that fix is on 10663 now
10:41 magnuse confetti!
10:41 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
10:43 drojf kf: i've seen it :D
10:43 kf drojf++ again
10:58 * magnuse has a very, very minimal poc of semantikoha almost ready for inspection. just needs a syspref or two...
10:58 drojf magnuse++
11:09 jwagner joined #koha
11:30 drojf not that i expected anything else, but NSA is not only spying on metadata but communication content.[…]-seen-by-nsa.html
12:28 oleonard joined #koha
12:30 collum joined #koha
12:31 tweetbot joined #koha
12:31 tcohen joined #koha
12:33 oleonard Hi #koha
12:34 magnuse hiya oleonard
12:38 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:40 maximep joined #koha
12:47 kf hi oleonard
12:49 tcohen hi oleonard kf bgkriegel
12:49 kf hi tcohen :)
12:51 tcohen kf, do u use dom or grs-1?
13:04 oleonard Poor has to be back at work on Monday! At least his vacation autoresponder will get a break after that.
13:06 paul_p joined #koha
13:12 tcohen what a nice life, isn't it oleonard? months of vacation
13:13 oleonard But the poor vacation autoresponder, when he is on the job no one appreciates him :(
13:14 * oleonard waits for the Bug 5832 backlash
13:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5832 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, RESOLVED WONTFIX, limited to 15 results
13:14 kf tcohen: grs i think still currently, not sur about our newest addition
13:27 elemark joined #koha
13:27 elemark hallo
13:30 talljoy joined #koha
13:33 magnuse hiya elemark
13:33 elemark hi magnuse
13:34 elemark i've just installed koha for the first time, just to give it a try
13:35 elemark and I already had my first error before doing anything
13:35 elemark Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/lib/perl5/ line 2054.
13:36 oleonard How did you install Koha elemark, and what version?
13:36 elemark I've tried to connect to the server for the first time, it redirected to /cgi-bin/koha/
13:37 elemark I've just installed ubuntu 13.04, then i followed the instructions on[…]ubuntu_-_packages
13:38 elemark sure i missed something
13:42 oleonard I'm not an installation expert, but I do know that /cgi-bin/koha/ is the OPAC side of things
13:42 oleonard You'll need to connect to the staff client first to run through the web installer
13:45 BigRig_ joined #koha
13:47 BigRig__ joined #koha
13:49 BigRig__ joined #koha
13:51 Viktor joined #koha
13:51 drojf oleonard++ # asking me to spam my bugs for GBSD ;)
13:51 oleonard Not spam, promote!
13:52 BigRig joined #koha
13:52 Viktor Greetings all :)
13:55 BigRig_ joined #koha
13:55 oleonard Some patches, I don't even know how they're going to get signed off unless the vendor walks their customer through the process. Bug 9004 for instance?
13:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9004 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Talking Tech doesn't account for holidays when calculating a holds last pickup date.
13:56 oleonard ...even if that *did* have a test plan... which it doesn't...
13:56 drojf i tend to ignore everything that has a name of some service in the description
13:56 drojf because, how would i test that?
13:57 oleonard ...or UNIMARC :P
13:58 drojf also there is this evil little part of me that thinks "if service x should be supported, make company providing service x pay for it or at least help", by providing licenses of whatever
13:58 drojf (i know that they won't give a damn about koha…)
13:58 BigRig__ joined #koha
13:59 khall joined #koha
13:59 kf tcohen: did you see my patch for removing the last bits of getreservestatus?
13:59 drojf the unimarc problem is interesting though
14:00 tcohen yes kf
14:00 drojf i remember testing normarc stuff because there are only so many normarcy developers… and it is basically marc21+a very small x. but i am not going to learn unimarc for fun
14:00 BigRig joined #koha
14:01 tcohen kf++
14:01 * oleonard stares at the "Random bug" widget on the dashboard
14:02 kf oleonard++ :)
14:02 kf oleonard: you coudl sign off on one my my patches... :)
14:04 elemark thanks oleonard, so maybe i misconfigured something
14:05 elemark i connected to the staff environment, but perhaps i'm redirecting to the opac part
14:05 oleonard elemark: Maybe check your Apache config? That's what I would do in a non-package installation. I don't know how the packages do it.
14:07 jcamins elemark: most likely you need to adjust your Apache configuration to use the DNS that you set up.
14:08 BigRig_ joined #koha
14:08 Viktor Multiple barcodes - it interests me how compact a "No" I tend to get on the issue. Can I kindly just have a quick question on the subject?
14:08 drojf unimarc is used in… france, italy, portugal, right?
14:09 kf Viktor: magnuse already mentioned it- I really think it's not a good idea in an ILS actually
14:09 kf you could save old barcodes somewhere else, but there shoud only be one valid for an item at a time (in my mind)
14:09 jcamins Viktor: multiple barcodes for a single item?
14:10 jcamins Bad idea.
14:10 elemark thanks a lot
14:10 elemark i'm trying
14:11 Viktor kf I know :) It's just the "why?" part I'm still interested in. But using the patch that searches for other data should be fine.
14:11 jcamins The problem with having more than one barcode for a single item is, two barcodes next to each other on an item makes no sense in an ILS, and if they're not next to each other, one of the barcodes is unreliable.
14:11 jcamins Viktor: what is it you're trying to accomplish?
14:12 Viktor Yep jcamins . We need it since almost all books have two barcodes. One that came with the book (often on the inside) and one on the outside.
14:12 kf iwonder
14:12 jcamins I have a suggestion: teach your librarians which barcode to use.
14:12 kf are there never duplicates with the numbers on the inside?
14:12 kf and what are they used for?
14:12 Viktor Problem is I have no way of knowing from that data which barcode is on the outside and which one is on the inside. So I can't just import the outside ones..
14:13 kf hm eek.
14:13 jcamins Viktor: ... ouch. That's... crazy. Why do you have two barcodes?
14:13 kf Viktor: I think we really have a hard time imagining what that is supposed to be good for :)
14:14 jcamins I have seen barcodes on the outside for off-site storage, but in that case your inventory system needs a mapping.
14:14 kf here when a book arrives, the library puts a barcode on them... or the vendor does, but then doing it as specified by the library
14:14 kf doubled up seems kinda odd
14:15 Viktor The original barcode is used to tie the items to the right record when they arrive. But as it's often on the inside they stick one on the back for borrowing.
14:16 Viktor I must confess that I don't fully get how this happened. But it's not uncommon (here) in my experience .
14:17 Viktor But I don't either get why multiple barcodes would be a problem as long as they are no duplicates. Even if one barcode to rule them all seems the natural order...
14:17 kf Viktor: hm I see - so it's more like an ordernumber from the idea?
14:18 kf Viktor: I can't think of an ILS i have seen that before
14:18 oleonard Viktor: The primary problem is that yous is such an edge case that it doesn't make sense to modify Koha to cover it
14:18 kf here it would be more likely that they try to stick the same number to multiple items...
14:18 Viktor kf That is the impression I get. They have even successfully branded it "The intelligent barcode" as it's used to tie the book to the right record :)
14:19 elemark left #koha
14:19 kf Viktor: maybe more of a acq feature then - nothing to say about that. but i think libraries here wouldn't use that for circ, the would use their own branded labels
14:19 kf also lots of systems do check if a number belongs into the system or do some prefix/subfix magic on the barcodes, so that would prevent them from doing something like that
14:20 kf i might also imagine it makes a small difference in speed if yo have to check for a unique number or multiple
14:20 Viktor oleonard I shure looks like it since I'm the weird kid when I bring it up in a global community :)
14:20 * kf hands Viktor her hat
14:20 kf Viktor: wait until i bring up how fines work in Germany the next time ;)
14:21 Viktor kf That will be interesting :)
14:21 * Viktor puts on the hat
14:21 Viktor kf Speed is an issue.
14:23 drnoe joined #koha
14:23 Viktor Am I correct to assume that bug 7494 will make the whole discussion redundant as it will allow us to stick the extra barcodes somewhere and use them with Koha otherwise unchanged?
14:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7494 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mjr, Pushed to Master , Use partial barcode or callnumber as a fallback for the barcode search in checkout
14:23 kf Viktor: i think its only for partial barcode and callnumber
14:24 kf and i think it's a pref
14:25 Viktor kf I just though that the last comment seemed promising "When issuing a book, some libraries want to issue by title or other details.
14:25 Viktor This patch adds a systempreference and code that allows it."
14:25 Viktor Specifically "other details" :)
14:26 kf yeah,b ut it's an on/off switch right now
14:26 kf hm
14:26 kf but maybe it just does a keyword search
14:26 kf so another indexed field might work
14:27 gmcharlt kf: yes, it does a keyword search
14:27 gmcharlt the bug description kinda hides the patch's light under a basket
14:27 kf :)
14:27 kf just found it:  my $query = "kw=" . $barcode; :)
14:28 Viktor Yay! :)
14:28 Viktor This looks very promising! Mad double barcode scheme seems to make it :)
14:29 Viktor I'll look further into it with the help of Magnus.
14:29 Viktor Thanks everybody for your help on the issue!
14:30 tcohen anyone from tamil here?
14:31 Viktor Oh - and I published the promised swedish translation of the staff interface the other day. Will update opac and the other files too - they are at the translator?s as of now.
14:32 gmcharlt Viktor++
14:37 kf tcohen: i think dropping an email to fredericd woudl be the best bet
14:37 tcohen he's on vacation currently
15:00 nengard joined #koha
15:01 nengard left #koha
15:04 christophe_c left #koha
15:15 oleonard Why does the self checkout interface offer either a "renew" button *or* a "check in" button but not both?
15:16 oleonard Shouldn't items which can be renewed have a "check in" button too?
15:22 oleonard Regarding Bug 9939, I don't see what is interesting about the patron stats we have.
15:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9939 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , preference to control visibility of patron stats in the OPAC
15:24 Viktor joined #koha
15:24 paul_p joined #koha
15:26 digitalmess joined #koha
15:27 digitalmess Good morning everyone, I was just wondering if I could get a little assistance on trying to create a barcode record matching rule?
15:28 Viktor joined #koha
15:32 oleonard digitalmess: You can try asking your question. If someone can answer they might
15:33 oleonard Do fines get recorded in accountlines with a specific code? F for fines?
15:34 digitalmess yes
15:36 kf oleonard: what are you looking for? can be F or FU
15:37 digitalmess Fines = F, Account Management Fee = A, New card = N, Sundry = M, Lost Item = L
15:37 oleonard I'm looking at Bug 10007 and wondering how I can fake a fine for one of my checkouts for testing purposes
15:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10007 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Totals in checkouts table
15:37 * tcohen thinks hardcoded values s*ck
15:38 pianohacker joined #koha
15:38 oleonard That bug is caused by Koha querying for a total of *all* charges owed by the patron rather than just those which are fines on existing checkouts
15:38 kf oleonard: oh!
15:38 oleonard i.e. charges for lost books, etc.
15:39 kf so the question is... what do we want here
15:39 kf ?
15:39 kf what about looking for fines related to the itemnumber?
15:41 oleonard Simpler I guess to just add up the charges as the loop is built for the template
15:42 oleonard ...just like we do for the total replacement cost
15:46 digitalmess Does anyone know if anyone is looking at reversing Bug 7973 until the problem is fixed to allow AD LDAP to work?
15:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7973 new feature, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, REOPENED , Allow for new type of LDAP authentication
15:52 oleonard Oh, duh, it's not fines, it's rental charges.
15:54 khall joined #koha
15:55 digitalmess Yes and no... that screenshot shows that there is 0.00 in rental charges for the item, so that $434.00 total is figured from fines in the accountlines table... at list that is what I figured our when I scratched my head over our new system.
15:56 digitalmess err *at least...*
15:57 bgkriegel joined #koha
15:58 digitalmess sorry, 0.00 shows when books/items has a replacement charge or not. Not sure what price column is supposed to show.. maybe rental charge or original purchase price?
15:58 oleonard To add to the confusion, the rental charges shown in that column of the checkout table are calculated based on the current policy, not the fee incurred at the time of checkout
15:59 oleonard so if you add a rental charge later, all items matching that rule will display the new charge, even if that charge isn't on your account
16:02 melia joined #koha
16:02 kf oleonard: doesn't seem to make much sense - what about only showing unpaid rentals?
16:02 oleonard I'm thinking we should probably just remove the "charge" column from that screen altogether.
16:03 oleonard Why not use the fines screen for that?
16:03 phasefx joined #koha
16:03 kf oleonard: hm - not sure if that will not make some libraries unhappy - i think hlt does rental fines
16:03 oleonard We show the total of fees and charges on the circ screen anyway
16:03 kf oleonard: i think it woudl make sense to see the total on checking out directly
16:03 kf so when a patron asks: how much is it now? you can tell them
16:04 oleonard But is there any reason to separate their rental charge total from their total of all charges?
16:04 kf i think i would only show rentals there... and not mix
16:04 oleonard Why?
16:04 kf it hink library policies
16:05 kf like you have to pay the rentals off first
16:05 kf before you can walk off with the items
16:05 kf but...  not sure really
16:17 kf left #koha
16:17 chris_n joined #koha
16:27 oleonard So, looking at Bug 8287 again... It turns out the "overdue" report doubles as an "all checkouts" report if you check the "Show any items currently checked out" checkbox.
16:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8287 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , remove filter on checked out from overdues
16:28 oleonard That's either a nice feature buried inside a misnamed report, or a dumb feature to have on a report which is there for a specific purpose.
16:32 mcooper joined #koha
16:51 nengard joined #koha
16:57 ebegin joined #koha
16:57 ebegin Hello everyone !
16:57 cait joined #koha
16:58 ebegin From the doc, I read that the size limit of a patron picture is 520K. Anybody knows where this limitation comes from ?
16:59 jcamins ebegin: there's a hardcoded limitation in the upload script.
16:59 * jcamins leaves.
16:59 ebegin :)
17:07 rambutan left #koha
17:10 oleonard I see a new problem in master, wondering if someone could confirm.
17:10 oleonard Check out an item from Branch A at Branch B. Check in at Branch B. View the details for that title.
17:11 oleonard I'm seeing a status that looks like "In transit from to since"
17:11 cait oleonard: i had some weridness with the transit stuff in 3.12
17:11 cait but i haven't been able to nail it down really :(
17:12 cait if you have an item level hold it will also say in transport right now - before it's been pulled
17:12 drojf so you're saying most of koha is broken lately? *hides*
17:12 cait *grump*!
17:27 druthb cait:  caitsnack un-grumpy pill
17:28 * druthb chucks an anti-troll Skittle at drojf
17:33 * pianohacker gives druthb some of the rum on his shelf
17:33 pianohacker good stuff
17:33 pianohacker I think you need it
17:34 pianohacker Heaven knows I do
17:34 sophie_m joined #koha
17:35 * druthb pours a little bit, and adds a glug of pineapple juice.
17:38 laurence joined #koha
17:38 pianohacker excellent plan!
17:39 pianohacker what is your imbibement of choice, actually?
17:43 * ebegin add a little bit of maple sirup in the mix ;)
17:49 mmm45 joined #koha
17:49 mmm45 hello
17:51 mmm45 Our Opac in System Preferences we have custom code for opacheader, OPACUserCSS, and opacuserjs
17:51 mmm45 when switching from prog to ccsr, of course the custom code is not looking very good
17:51 mmm45 my question is related to opacheader
17:52 mmm45 i do not know how to get ride of it when on a phone device
17:52 tcohen joined #koha
17:52 cait mmm45: hm sorry, i haven't looked at how that is done :(
17:52 cait is there a separate mobile css maybe?
17:52 mmm45 we need it as it is when we go to the browser on a computer but not have it when going to the mobile
17:53 mmm45 there is the mobile.css that comes with ccsr
17:53 maximep iirc you could put custom mobile css in OPACMobileUserCSS
17:53 maximep the syspref
17:53 wahanui the syspref is like, "asking a question" - can the user editcatalogue (major permission group) Edit the Catalogue (minor permission)
17:54 cait mmm45: if you give the header content an id, you can set it to display:none in the mobile css i think
17:54 cait or maybe :)
17:54 cait not sure when the mobile.css will kick in exactly
17:55 maximep when below a certain screen size
17:55 cait thx :)
17:55 mmm45 i have done some coding in the OpacMobileUserCSS and tried to hide that display
17:55 mmm45 but it did not work
17:56 mmm45 i guess i really do not know what i am doing
17:56 cait do you have experience in css?
17:56 mmm45 :-( Not really
17:56 cait hm ok
17:56 mmm45 to be very honest
17:56 cait could you paste your header and opacmobilecss code?
17:56 cait paste?
17:56 wahanui paste is found at
17:57 * drojf thinks druthb made up the anti-troll skittles
17:57 ebegin mmm45, you can add the .mobile-hidden class to your div (in your opacheader)
17:57 mmm45 i will sure paste what i have
17:58 ebegin surround your html in the opacheader with <div class='mobile-hidden'> <YOUR_HTML_CODE_HERE></div>
17:58 cait what ebegin says makes sense :)
17:58 pastebot "mmm45" at pasted "opacheader code" (101 lines) at
17:59 maximep yes, ebegin++
17:59 jcamins oleonard: I've gotten the "In transit from since to" (or something like that) message for ages.
17:59 cait maximep++ too
17:59 jcamins At least since 3.8.
17:59 cait that would explain why it's new to us
17:59 jcamins cait: yeah, I don't think I ever saw it on 3.6.
17:59 * ebegin will be back later
18:00 cait mmm45: did you try ebegin's suggestion?
18:00 mmm45 i am about to
18:00 cait :)
18:00 cait it should work probably if you change your first line to:
18:01 cait <div id="menu_cont" class="mobile-hidden"><ul id="menu">
18:01 mmm45 so add this line to the very top of the opacheader, right?
18:01 drojf1 joined #koha
18:02 drojf screw you, oftc
18:02 drojf you will not keep me from posting
18:02 drojf (20:01:19) drojf: we should have more pictures on
18:02 drojf (20:01:24) drojf: because
18:03 mmm45 cait, that did work!!!!
18:05 mmm45 cait and ebegin, thank you for the suggestions and help! :-)
18:16 sophie_m joined #koha
18:24 drnoe1 joined #koha
18:45 cait tcohen++ for dom indexing in packages :)
18:46 tcohen i'm still building the package to test it actually
18:50 rambutan joined #koha
18:57 fredy joined #koha
19:07 drojf tcohen: nice!
19:20 oleonard Bug 7494 doesn't seem to like searches with spaces
19:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7494 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mjr, Pushed to Master , Use partial barcode or callnumber as a fallback for the barcode search in checkout
19:20 drojf do i need to install extra stuff to run tests?
19:20 cait :(
19:21 cait drojf: isthere an error or something
19:21 cait ?
19:21 drojf i tried xt/verify-debian-docbook.t and get a lot of fails for unfound files or directories
19:21 cait hmm
19:21 tcohen xsltproc
19:21 wahanui xsltproc is calling the xslt with a wrong parameter?
19:21 drojf xt/verify-debian-docbook.t .. Can't exec "xmllint": Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden at xt/verify-debian-docbook.t line 33.
19:22 cait hm
19:22 tcohen oh, it was xmllint
19:22 cait did you try to install that xmllint thing?
19:22 drojf no i just saw that now
19:22 jcamins libxml2-utils
19:22 drojf thanks :)
19:23 oleonard I can't get the partial barcode search to work at all
19:23 drojf yay!
19:23 drojf jcamins++
19:23 tcohen jcamins++ # lots of things actually
19:23 cait oleonard: it does a keyword search in the opac
19:23 cait can you find the partial barcode in onrmal search?
19:24 oleonard Yes
19:25 druthb joined #koha
19:25 cait oleonard: didn't test it yet so no idea then :( we just talked about it earlier today
19:29 oleonard If anyone else cares to enable  itemBarcodeFallbackSearch and give it a try it would be nice to get confirmation
19:30 oleonard I've tried both the beginning and end of existing barcodes and neither returned results
19:31 oleonard Was I testing this for a reason, or just because I hadn't tried it before?
19:31 * oleonard has lost his way
19:32 tcohen bug 8507 needs review, I'm not an expert on dom configuration files and found some issues with the shipped file (for packages) which i fixed using the grs file as a basis
19:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8507 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , koha-create should be updated to use DOM indexing for bib
19:33 tcohen on the other side, the new switches work as expected and files are set accordingly
19:34 oleonard Hah, my test plan for Bug 10083 should have also included, "Make sure the whole thing isn't stupidly broken after applying the patch."
19:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10083 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , In Transit string doesn't get translated in the staff interface
19:36 tcohen bye #koha
19:37 cait oleonard: ouch
19:42 laurence left #koha
19:45 cait oleonard++
19:49 fredy joined #koha
20:19 oleonard I wonder whatever happened to the work on Bug 8483?
20:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8483 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, ASSIGNED , Borrower reading history should include deleted items
20:28 oleonard Okay, bye #koha. Squash some bugs.
20:29 rambutan joined #koha
20:44 drojf out of disk space. can't clone VM. :(
20:44 cait drojf: have you had a chance to play with sip yet?
20:45 drojf cait: no. why?
20:45 cait hm just wondered if you know how to do that :)
20:45 drojf not at all, sorry :)
20:51 cait jcamins++
20:55 rangi drojf++
20:56 cait i already gave him so much karma today...
20:56 cait morning rangi :)
20:57 drojf hi rangi
21:02 nengard joined #koha
21:03 nengard hi all looking for a bit more help with jquery
21:03 nengard i want to change the button that says renew or return all checked items to just renew - so i did this:
21:03 nengard $("#checkboxed input:contains('Renew or return checked items')").text("Renew checked items");
21:03 nengard but it doesn't work
21:03 drojf i think you missed the wizzard of webs
21:04 drojf wizard even
21:04 nengard $("input[value='Renew or return checked items']").attr("value","Renew checked items");
21:05 nengard figured it out :)
21:05 wizzyrea I thought that was on the library.
21:06 cait khall_away: around maybe?
21:08 rangi right im gonna test bug 9811 again
21:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9811 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , Patrons search improvements
21:10 rangi ok without the patches for 9811, i hit the /cgi-bin/koha/members/ page it shows no patrons
21:10 rangi and is reasonably performant
21:10 rangi i apply the patches
21:10 drojf halt
21:10 rangi including the magic multiline fix
21:10 drojf wrong window :/
21:11 wizzyrea you're still waiting?
21:11 rangi i refresh
21:11 rangi it shows me patrons
21:11 cait hm
21:11 rangi it so isnt just doing a count
21:11 cait that does sound like a difference i noted too in a comment
21:11 rangi fridolyn seemed to think i was mistaken
21:12 cait i think he was making the difference between all and 20
21:12 rangi it might only be showing all
21:12 cait but no matter what... it doesn't make much sense to show them from the beginning i think
21:12 rangi sorry 20
21:12 cait well not sure how much of load time it adds
21:13 * cait wants this sip stuff to start working
21:13 cait *grump*
21:14 magnuse cait: are you having trouble getting sip to work at all? or something specific?
21:14 cait was trying to use bug 9288
21:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9288 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add a script to test SIP from the command line
21:14 cait i think i have the sip server running
21:15 cait trying to find a way to connect to it now
21:15 wizzyrea telnet?
21:15 wahanui hmmm... telnet is no longer included with Windows?
21:15 cait never done that
21:15 cait is there a step by step thing somewhere maybe?
21:15 drojf video tutorial preferred
21:15 * drojf hides
21:15 cait drojf: lol
21:15 magnuse it's not too hard :[…]sting_with_Telnet
21:16 wizzyrea (that's without the package tools - but the telnet bit is the same
21:16 wizzyrea just don't start sip that way)
21:16 magnuse but of course sip is yet another intensely weird "library tech" thing...
21:16 cait wizzyrea: not using the package tools, but i think i figured that part out
21:17 cait hm
21:17 cait guess that doesn't look ok?
21:17 cait Trying
21:17 cait Connected to localhost.
21:17 cait Escape character is '^]'.
21:17 cait Connection closed by foreign host.
21:18 cait hm maybe had the wrong port:)
21:18 magnuse i think you have to be kind of quick
21:18 magnuse did it close at once, no waiting?
21:18 cait no waiting
21:18 cait it will be fine
21:19 * magnuse is reassured and goes to bed
21:50 drojf i tried bug 8507 and it does not seem to work for auth
21:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8507 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , koha-create should be updated to use DOM indexing for bib
21:56 * drojf goes to bed
21:56 drojf good night #koha
21:56 rangi night
21:58 nengard left #koha
22:00 drojf[…]y_development.php go NSA ;)
22:01 rambutan joined #koha
22:01 rangi heh
22:09 rangi 1 2 combination
22:25 maximep left #koha
22:37 rambutan joined #koha
23:02 wizzyrea whoa is it a bug or a feature that the address bar search in firefox now uses the search you have selected in the search box
23:02 wizzyrea instead of defaulting to google
23:06 papa joined #koha
23:14 matts_away joined #koha
23:20 rangi[…]y-for-gmail-users
23:21 rangi which means you can now sign in to koha that way
23:21 wizzyrea \o/
23:21 wizzyrea This is kind of key: Persona remains committed to privacy: Gmail users can sign into sites with Persona, but Google can’t track which sites they sign into.
23:22 rangi *nod*
23:22 wizzyrea ^ I like that
23:22 rangi kenza++
23:22 rangi @karma
23:22 huginn rangi: Highest karma: "rangi" (867), "oleonard" (744), and "jcamins" (632).  Lowest karma: "<!" (-115), "ie" (-107), and "failed" (-104).  You (rangi) are ranked 1 out of 2586.
23:22 rangi @karma kenza
23:22 huginn rangi: Karma for "kenza" has been increased 3 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 3.
23:22 rangi kenza++
23:29 dcook joined #koha
23:29 dcook morning #koha
23:32 Joubu joined #koha
23:37 dcook It seems like these Catmandu people have thought of quite a bit!
23:38 rangi yep
23:51 dcook joined #koha
23:52 dcook[…]-cheat-sheet.html
23:52 dcook append("title"," must die");               # marc -> marc must die
23:52 dcook hehe
23:54 Irma joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary