IRC log for #koha, 2013-04-17

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 Irma joined #koha
00:02 papa joined #koha
00:22 drnoe joined #koha
00:22 drnoe left #koha
00:24 jcamins dcook: just to be different, I am _not_ talking about cooking fancy meals today.
00:24 dcook hehe
00:25 jcamins We're having leftovers, and I'm making lemon verbena chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies.
00:25 dcook ...
00:25 * dcook 's stomach gurgles
00:26 jcamins Hehe.
00:26 jcamins My quest for entertainment in the cookie baking department is leading in some very interesting directions, I must say.
00:26 dcook I would certainly agree. Verbena?
00:26 jcamins Lemon verbena.
00:27 jcamins It's an herb.
00:27 jcamins Actually... I'm not sure if it's an herb.
00:27 jcamins It is a plant, anyway.
00:28 jcamins But you dry out the leaves and then steep them in hot water to make a delicious and soothing infusion.
00:28 jcamins I decided I wanted to do no-bake cookies.
00:29 jcamins But I also wanted to do something different.
00:29 dcook Different and no-bake are always good ideas
00:29 * dcook is thinking that maybe an early lunch is a good idea...
00:29 jcamins Which led exactly where you might expect.
00:29 jcamins First I thought about possible additions.
00:29 jcamins Coconut, nuts, etc.
00:29 jcamins But those have all been done.
00:29 jcamins And I'm fresh out of avocado.
00:30 jcamins Then I thought about alcoholic flavorings.
00:30 jcamins But other than peppermint schnapps, the only liquor I have on hand is tia maria, which is caffienated.
00:30 jcamins Caffeinated cookies at this time of night seemed like a bad idea.
00:31 jcamins So I started thinking about what would make cookies relaxing.
00:32 jcamins And from there lemon verbena was the obvious thing.
00:32 jcamins Naturally.
00:32 dcook Naturally
00:32 jcamins And I think I'll use rose water instead of vanilla.
00:32 dcook You do have a penchant for the unique, eh?
00:32 dcook But...vanilla!
00:32 * dcook might have a deep-seeded love of vanilla
00:33 jcamins Oh, vanilla is definitely delicious.
00:33 jcamins But the lemon verbena might need a bit more "flower" to back it up.
00:33 dcook Yeah, I was looking back and thinking that vanilla would be odd in this case
00:34 jcamins Maybe even odder than lemon verbena!
00:34 jcamins ... or maybe not.
00:36 dcook Ah right and you have chocolate..
00:36 dcook I'm digging the idea of lemon verbena chocolate oatmeal..
00:36 papa joined #koha
00:36 dcook I might also have a deep-seeded love of oatmeal...and chocolate
00:36 dcook Possibly just baked goods in general
00:37 dcook So I'm going to lay this on the table...
00:37 dcook What are the chances of us getting Jared cookies at Kohacon13?
00:38 jcamins Probably pretty good.
00:38 jcamins I tend to be accompanied by baked goods, as a general rule.
00:39 dcook :D
00:39 dcook While I certainly do enjoy hearing about the cookies, I can't wait to try some!
00:40 dcook ...
00:40 dcook I feel like that could be taken out of context...
00:40 dcook As could that...
00:43 dcook While I generally extremely dislike statistics, what the Australian Bureau of Statistics came up with is kind of cool:
00:43 dcook 46% of Australians aged over 18 years visited a library in 2006
00:45 dcook While I doubt the accuracy of statistics, especially when they aren't explicit in their methodology, I'm willing to just ^_^ at that
00:45 dcook Of course, 96 would be better than 46, but...for having a public library system which leaves much to be desired, that might not be too bad..
00:51 jcamins Actually, 46% sounds really good to me.
00:52 dcook 10.12 million out of 22 million
00:52 dcook Reminds me that I really need to get a library card from my local library...
00:53 jcamins I hate the very end of the bucket of sugar/flour.
00:53 dcook No French books, but maybe I could pick up Italian..
00:53 dcook In terms of getting it out or the fact that there is none left?
00:53 jcamins You have all the little bits of bay leaves that broke.
00:55 dcook I have never heard of that practice before now.
01:00 jcamins It's because I buy my flour and sugar in bulk.
01:00 jcamins When I have 30lbs of flour, the possibility of moths is *really* appalling.
01:00 jcamins So I put bay leaves in the flour and sugar.
01:01 dcook Intriguing!
01:01 dcook Off the top of my head, the folks I know with bulk flour and sugar make do just using air-tight containers
01:01 dcook Mind you, they're very large containers
01:02 dcook Mind you, thanks to being winter 6-8 months of the year, I've never really encountered insect issues in Saskatchewan
01:02 dcook I say mind you too much...
01:03 jcamins Hehe.
01:31 NateC joined #koha
01:47 mtj hi all, has anyone else bumped into bug 9084
01:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9084 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Dates in notices should be formatted according to dateformat system preference
01:48 mtj …  and/or does anyone have a patch or workaround, for it?
01:49 dcook Mmm, sounds familiar
01:49 mtj i think people probably want those dates/timestamps pretty-formatted, as default?
01:51 mtj rather than 'awesome book is due at 2013-04-22 23:59:00'
01:51 dcook pretty and in accordance to their syspref
01:52 jcamins mtj: yeah, according to the region.
01:52 dcook I notice Australians don't like dealing with American dates
01:53 mtj hmmm, sounds like a patch that might get accepted...
01:55 dcook :D
01:55 * dcook nods
01:56 dcook I'd test it for sure
01:56 dcook A bit low on the list of ones to write myself though..
01:58 papa joined #koha
01:59 eythian hello papa
01:59 mtj dcook, ok cool, i might have a little poke at it now...
02:00 mtj heya eythian, papa
02:02 dcook mtj++
03:55 Irma joined #koha
04:12 cait joined #koha
04:37 dcook Does anyone know if there has been work to add Z39.50 search/import for authorities as well as biblios?
04:38 eythian not that I'm aware of
04:42 dcook That's what I was thinking. Thanks, eythian :)
04:51 kohaUser_SL joined #koha
04:52 kohaUser_SL hi
04:52 wizzyrea hiyas
04:52 kohaUser_SL i would like to know whether Koha can be installed in Windows environment
04:53 kohaUser_SL ?
04:53 wizzyrea natively? no.
04:54 wizzyrea inside some kind of virtual machine that runs on top of windows, yes.
04:55 kohaUser_SL ah is it..
04:55 kohaUser_SL that means i have to install a Linux in a virtual machine and install Koha on there right
04:55 kohaUser_SL ?
04:56 eythian Yes
04:56 kohaUser_SL what is the version of linux i have to use?
04:56 eythian Debian is recommended
04:57 kohaUser_SL hmm
04:57 kohaUser_SL when i search in the internet i found this link
04:57 kohaUser_SL
04:57 kohaUser_SL which says it has a Koha package for windows
04:58 eythian Koha 2.2 is very, very old and strongly not recommended.
04:58 kohaUser_SL hmm
04:58 kohaUser_SL ok :)
04:58 kohaUser_SL thanks a lot for the information
04:58 eythian no worries
04:59 kohaUser_SL I'm planinng to install this software in a Major public library in Sri Lanka
04:59 * cait waves
04:59 eythian ah, very cool. In that case, I'd strongly suggest a modern Koha version (3.10 or so) and a good Linux server.
05:00 eythian hi cait
05:00 eythian wahanui: cait
05:00 wahanui cait is qam, not your secretary
05:00 eythian wahanui: cait
05:00 wahanui go back to bed, cait.
05:00 cait lol
05:00 cait hi eythian :)
05:00 kohaUser_SL hmm what so u mean by a good linux server?
05:01 eythian one with good CPUs and enough RAM.
05:01 eythian The better your server, the faster Koha will run, in general.
05:01 kohaUser_SL what are the recomended hardware configuration for the server
05:01 kohaUser_SL ?
05:01 kohaUser_SL Ram and processor?
05:02 wizzyrea depends on how busy the library is
05:02 eythian it varies based on the library
05:02 kohaUser_SL hmm
05:03 eythian our small to medium sized libraries get away with ~4GB and 2 processors that are about 2.5-3GHz
05:03 eythian if you're busy, you might want to increase that
05:03 eythian but on the other hand, you might have a budget, in which case that'd probably do fine
05:07 kohaUser_SL hm
05:07 kohaUser_SL okay
05:08 kohaUser_SL is this chat 24x7 supported/
05:08 kohaUser_SL ?
05:09 eythian no
05:09 eythian this is just an IRC channel, if there are people here they'll talk, but they aren't always around.
05:10 kohaUser_SL hmm are you guys Koha developers
05:10 kohaUser_SL ?
05:10 eythian many of the people in this channel are, yes
05:10 kohaUser_SL which country are u from?
05:10 kohaUser_SL and this software?
05:11 eythian I'm in New Zealand. Koha is also originally from New Zealand, but now it's completely worldwide.
05:11 * cait waves from germany
05:12 kohaUser_SL :)
05:12 kohaUser_SL hello..
05:12 kohaUser_SL Im from Sri Lanka
05:14 eythian I would also recommend joining the Koha mailing lists to get information.
05:15 kohaUser_SL ok
05:15 eythian wahanui: mailing lists
05:15 wahanui mailing lists are at[…]ha-mailing-lists/
05:16 kohaUser_SL whats the addres?
05:16 eythian see that link
05:16 kohaUser_SL sure
05:16 kohaUser_SL thanx
05:22 dcook @later tell bag Did anything ever come of
05:22 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
05:23 papa joined #koha
05:23 lds joined #koha
05:23 berick joined #koha
05:23 bshum joined #koha
05:23 rangi joined #koha
05:37 dcook @later tell jcamins Any idea what is or why it's still around?
05:37 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
05:58 kohaUser_SL hi
05:58 kohaUser_SL a anyone here
05:58 kohaUser_SL ?
05:59 kohaUser_SL i have a small question
05:59 eythian ask?
05:59 wahanui Don't ask to ask, just ask.
05:59 eythian although, I'm going right now. Someone may be here
05:59 kohaUser_SL :)
06:00 kohaUser_SL mm i need to download Linux Debian and when I go to their site to download it has 8 DVDs
06:00 kohaUser_SL to download
06:00 kohaUser_SL do I have to download all of them?
06:01 kohaUser_SL or is there any pakage less file size
06:01 kohaUser_SL ?
06:01 kohaUser_SL altogether there will be around 50 GB
06:01 kohaUser_SL i need to download
06:06 dcook
06:06 dcook The first CD/DVD disk contains all the files necessary to install a standard Debian system.
06:06 dcook To avoid needless downloads, please do not download other CD or DVD image files unless you know that you need packages on them.
06:07 dcook Their words - not mine. Forgot quotation marks ;)
06:08 kohaUser_SL ahh great..
06:08 kohaUser_SL :)
06:08 kohaUser_SL so Koha will work on this Standard Debian system is it?
06:10 dcook I doubt it
06:10 dcook But, if I'm not mistaken, the Debian packages provided by Koha should install any missing software
06:10 dcook I probably am mistaken now that I think about it...
06:11 dcook I think it detects and updates missing Perl dependencies but I'm not sure about other software
06:11 dcook That's where the Koha wiki docs come in handy though ;)
06:12 dcook I've installed Debian on a VM using the first CD/DVD from the Debian website, and installed Git from the Debian repositories, but that's about it so far
06:12 kohaUser_SL hmm
06:12 dcook Debian will definitely have Perl already installed
06:12 dcook Probably Apache as well
06:12 dcook Possibly Mysql, but I'm not sure
06:12 dcook Zebra might be missing?
06:12 dcook Git will be missing (if you want to do development)
06:13 dcook I suggest going one step at a time
06:13 dcook You'll find people here are most helpful when you have a specific problem that you've encountered and can't figure out on your own / from the documentation
06:18 kohaUser_SL hmm
06:18 kohaUser_SL oki
06:18 kohaUser_SL im not much familiar with linux..ill give a try and come again if i encouter any issues
06:18 kohaUser_SL thanks alot for the info\:)
06:20 kohaUser_SL I downloaded Koha Latest
06:20 kohaUser_SL VirtualBox
06:20 wahanui VirtualBox is good for that sort of thing
06:20 kohaUser_SL and the Debian iso is being downloaded now
06:34 drojf joined #koha
06:39 cait morgen drojf
06:40 drojf moin cait
06:43 Irma left #koha
06:44 cait bbl
06:44 cait left #koha
06:53 reiveune joined #koha
06:53 reiveune hello
06:54 * magnuse waves
06:55 christophe_c joined #koha
06:55 christophe_c hello #koha
07:01 magnuse bonjour christophe_c and reiveune
07:02 reiveune salut magnuse :)
07:02 Joubu hello #koha
07:03 christophe_c bonjour magnuse
07:07 lds joined #koha
07:08 kf joined #koha
07:11 fredy_ joined #koha
07:21 francharb joined #koha
07:21 kf good morning #koha
07:21 magnuse kia ora kf
07:21 kf hi magnuse
07:22 magnuse it's official: no reno for me, i'm afraid
07:22 kf oooh
07:22 kf at least I got to see you in marseille
07:22 magnuse yeah!
07:23 magnuse slides?
07:23 wahanui kf should be writing slides
07:24 kf totally correct wahanui
07:27 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:28 gaetan_B hello
07:28 paul_p joined #koha
07:30 lds joined #koha
07:30 kf hi gaetan_B
07:30 kf how is kurdistan?
07:30 kf @wunder Konstanz
07:31 huginn kf: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 15.1°C (9:25 AM CEST on April 17, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 75%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 30.27 in 1025 hPa (Steady).
07:31 gaetan_B hallo kf :) Cludy / dusty today
07:31 gaetan_B @wunder Sulaimani
07:31 huginn gaetan_B: Error: No such location could be found.
07:31 gaetan_B :D can't believe it !
07:32 gaetan_B @wunder Sulaymaniyah
07:32 huginn gaetan_B: An error has occurred and has been logged. Please contact this bot's administrator for more information.
07:32 gaetan_B @wunder Baghdad
07:32 huginn gaetan_B: Error: No such location could be found.
07:39 zebil joined #koha
07:40 zebil hi there
07:40 zebil is there anyone there to help me?
07:40 fredy joined #koha
07:41 zebil no one?
07:41 wahanui no one is saying a word, soooooo
07:42 zebil i think i should ask and if someone want to help...
07:42 zebil there is something wrong in serial subscription module
07:43 zebil in test prediction
07:43 zebil if you have a monthly serial subscription everything is ok
07:44 zebil but if you have other type subscription, etc. bimonthly or 1/3 quarterly, prediction system is working not correctly
07:45 zebil or i am doing something wrong...
07:48 magnuse zebil: which version of koha are you using?
07:50 zebil 3.10.04
07:50 sophie_m joined #koha
07:50 zebil also i tried that in other demo koha sites
07:51 magnuse there is an enhancement suggested in this area: bug 7688
07:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7688 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Change subscriptions numbering pattern and frequencies
07:51 magnuse that might be because there are known problems with the way things work now
07:51 magnuse but i'm afraid i'm not very familiar with how the subscription module works...
07:56 zebil hmm
07:58 kf prediction patterns are not working right
07:58 kf if you have advanced patters
07:58 kf maybefor others too
07:58 kf I amhoping the dev above will fix it - but it's quite big and so didn't make it into 3.12
08:00 zebil so this is a known bug
08:01 kf I am not sure there is a specific bug report
08:01 kf it might be well worth filing a bug
08:02 gerundio joined #koha
08:09 zebil but i know that poblem was exist in all versions in koha
08:10 zebil why they don't fix it still!
08:27 rangi who is they?
08:28 drojf liblime *hides*
08:29 rangi fwiw i have a bunch of libraries using it without issues
08:30 drojf hi rangi :)
08:30 rangi hi drojf :)
08:38 sher_jillnai joined #koha
08:38 sher_jillnai hello every body
08:38 sher_jillnai i need your help please some one help me out
08:39 sher_jillnai its related to SIP
08:39 sher_jillnai root@ubuntu:/usr/share/koha/lib/C4# perl -IC4/SIP/ -MILS /SIP? ?etc/                                                                                                                     koha/SIPconfig.xml Can't open perl script "/SIP?": No such file or directory root@ubuntu:/usr/share/koha/lib/C4# perl -IC4/SIP/ -MILS /SIP/
08:39 sher_jillnai hello
08:39 wahanui bidet, sher_jillnai
08:39 sher_jillnai thanx wahanui
08:39 sher_jillnai wahanui can u help me
08:39 wahanui sher_jillnai: sorry...
08:40 sher_jillnai hello any body here i need some help for configuring SIP in Koha
08:40 magnuse sher_jillnai: we heard you the first time
08:41 magnuse what is your actual problem?
08:42 sher_jillnai thnx wahanui
08:42 magnuse shaunm: wahanui is a bot...
08:42 sher_jillnai mahnuse
08:42 sher_jillnai magnuse its my first time
08:43 magnuse welcome!
08:43 sher_jillnai magnuse please come to pm
08:43 magnuse nah, that's not a good idea
08:43 cjh sher_jillnai: if you want to ask a question then please ask the channel
08:44 sher_jillnai ok fine
08:44 magnuse the way to do it is you describe your problem and if anyone can help you they will step forward
08:44 sher_jillnai so i was saying that i want to configuring the SIP for koha
08:45 sher_jillnai and the koha which i am using is version and the perl version is 5.014002
08:46 sher_jillnai as per the description i followed the steps for starting the SIP Server
08:47 drojf sher_jillnai:  what description have you been using?
08:48 sher_jillnai but after executing that command form lib directory i.e. root@ubuntu:/usr/share/koha/lib# perl -IC4/SIP/ -MILS C4/SIP/ /etc/koha/SIPconfig.xml it give me some sort of errors like unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at C4/ line 360.
08:50 cjh you need to have KOHACONF set, KOHACONF=/etc/koha/sites/mysite/koha-conf.xml and then the rest of your command
08:50 cjh you need to have KOHACONF set, KOHACONF=/etc/koha/sites/mysite/koha-conf.xml perl  -IC4/SIP/ -MILS C4/SIP/ /etc/koha/SIPconfig.xml
08:50 cjh eik, sorry bad copy and paste.
08:50 cjh KOHACONF=/etc/koha/sites/mysite/koha-conf.xml perl  -IC4/SIP/ -MILS C4/SIP/ /etc/koha/SIPconfig.xml
08:51 cjh there we are, but change 'mysite' to be the correct folder.
08:54 sher_jillnai ok let me try
08:54 sher_jillnai cjh tn alot let me try and i will let u know
08:57 sher_jillnai cjh i tired but it gives me the same error
08:57 sher_jillnai root@ubuntu:/usr/share/koha/lib# KOHACONF=/etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml perl -IC4/SIP/ -MILS C4/SIP/ /etc/koha/SIPconfig.xml
08:58 sher_jillnai and the error is unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at C4/ line 360.
08:58 sher_jillnai Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C4/ line 208.
08:58 sher_jillnai Can't call method "config" on unblessed reference at C4/ line 778.
08:58 cjh sorry that should be KOHA_CONF not KOHACONF, my bad.
08:58 sher_jillnai BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C4/ line 63.
08:58 sher_jillnai cjh ok let me try this
08:58 cjh KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml perl -IC4/SIP/  -MILS C4/SIP/ /etc/koha/SIPconfig.xml
09:00 sher_jillnai cjh now it give me the code of the SIPconfig.xml and also in the start it give me UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/SIP/Sip/MsgType.p                                                                                     m line 22
09:02 sher_jillnai cjh did u got my msg
09:02 sher_jillnai cjh i m totaly new here
09:02 sher_jillnai so please do not b fedup with me
09:03 sher_jillnai but from one week i m facing this problem
09:03 sher_jillnai now the last hope is you ppl
09:03 cjh I am not familiar with that output, but it looks like a warning only. Is SIP now running?
09:11 gaetan_B is there a MARC21 field where you can put which writing system the document is written in ? (latin, cyrillic, arabic, and so on)
09:11 kf hm probably
09:11 kf ther eis catalouging language somewhere I think
09:13 * gaetan_B is browsing furiously through the marc21 default framework
09:13 * gaetan_B is having this special feeling someone can't help having when thinking about marc too much
09:13 kf try the 0 tab
09:13 kf @marc 041
09:13 huginn kf: Codes for languages associated with an item when the language code in field 008/35-37 of the record is insufficient to convey full information. This includes records for multilingual items, items that involve translation, and items where the medium of communication is a sign language. The sources of the codes are: MARC Code List for Languages or other code lists such as ISO 639-1 (Codes for the (1 more message)
09:14 sher_jillnai cjh i check in the service the SIP service not running and even i check in netstat the port 6001 is not running too but the 6010 is running but this is not the port in the SIPconfig.xml file
09:14 kf maybe somehwere around there
09:15 sher_jillnai cjh at the buttom of the code it give me this line too after excuting the command u recomend me Wed Apr 17 13:07:06 2013 -- startup -- procid:13784
09:16 drojf gaetan_B:
09:16 cjh sher_jillnai: that to me sounds like the SIP server has started and is running with the process id of 13764
09:17 gaetan_B drojf: thanks this seems to be it ! not normalized though, but that will do :)
09:17 gaetan_B ok i have to go again
09:17 gaetan_B see you :)
09:17 drojf gaetan_B: i don't remember seeing a coded field for it
09:17 cjh sher_jillnai: you can check if it is running by running 'ps --pid 13784'
09:18 cjh time for me to go home, goodnight #koha
09:18 sher_jillnai cjh please
09:18 wahanui somebody said cjh was just finishing off a report on the remaining issues with plack, which should help finish that work off
09:18 sher_jillnai stay cjh
09:19 vfernandes joined #koha
09:19 vfernandes hello :)
09:20 drojf sher_jillnai: people here are volunteering with help in their spare time, please don't bother them if they have other things to do. if you need somebody to help you immediately, you should have a look at the paid support page
09:20 vfernandes MARC21 authorities update, DOM: ZOOM error 114 "Unsupported Use attribute" (addinfo: "Koha-Auth-Number") from diag-set 'Bib-1'
09:20 drojf sher_jillnai:
09:21 cjh sher_jillnai: I have little experience with SIP so can't help you from here anyway, if you need help there is this channel or paid support. goodluck :)
09:25 vfernandes when doing MARC21 authorities updates I get that error
09:25 vfernandes anyone could help me?
09:31 drojf later
09:41 magnus joined #koha
09:42 magnus wow, lost power
09:44 rangi w00t
09:45 rangi 77-44
09:45 rangi marriage equality bill passes, same sex marriage is legal in nz
09:45 kf woohoo :)
09:45 kf nz++
09:47 rangi[…]4668/Default.aspx
09:48 magnus nz++
09:48 * magnus thought rangi was watching sports...
09:49 rangi of a kind .. humans vs bigots, humans win!
09:50 magnus kf: will you be terribly offended if i sign off oleonard's patch on bug 10049?
09:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10049 minor, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Needs Signoff , Comments tab shows ( ) instead of ( 0 ) on translated templates
09:50 magnus rangi: yay, go humans!
09:50 magnus well, "try to signoff"
09:52 kf magnuse: terribly
09:52 kf if you don't :)
09:53 vfernandes kf can you help me?
09:54 magnus kf: :-)
09:54 vfernandes MARC21 authorities update, DOM: ZOOM error 114 "Unsupported Use attribute" (addinfo: "Koha-Auth-Number") from diag-set 'Bib-1'
09:54 vfernandes should I change to GRS?
09:55 kf vfernandes: sorry, I have no time to help you right now
09:55 vfernandes no problem :)
09:59 samuel joined #koha
09:59 samuel hi everybody
10:01 sher_jillnai any body can help me
10:02 samuel I've a question: where can i modify title in the item table of a record (ex:http://hartford.waldo.kohalibr[…]oux%2C%20Armand.) example: i want to change "site" "shelving location" with other words
10:02 rangi samuel: thats not koha, thats the liblime fork
10:04 samuel yes but  how can i change words in the items informations (holding site ....)?
10:04 sher_jillnai I RUN THIS COMMOND FOR SIP SERVER ADN NOW STILL THE SERIVE IS NOT SHOWING AND ALSO THE PORT 6001 IS NOT SHOWING IN netstat root@ubuntu:/usr/share/koha/lib# KOHACONF=/etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml perl -IC4/SIP/ -MILS C4/SIP/ /etc/koha/SIPconfig.xml
10:05 kf samuel: sorry, but I think we don't want to help you with this.
10:06 kf to be honest - because the license is not good and it's made for the wrong version
10:06 kf well not versoin, made for the wrong software
10:06 sher_jillnai kf  can u help me is about Koha SIP service
10:06 sher_jillnai SIP server
10:06 wahanui it has been said that SIP server is definitely running
10:06 samuel kf: my example is not  good, i can take a french example with the good koha
10:07 samuel http://catalogue.bu.univ-renne[…]blionumber=168453  ->this example is better
10:08 kf I really have not much time right now - but what do you want to change there?
10:10 samuel the example i take is what i would like to have. I don't think that i've to modify a xsl file? I just want to have : localisation-itemcallnumber-avaibality...
10:10 reiveune1 joined #koha
10:11 kf ?
10:11 kf I am not usre I understand still, sorry
10:18 sophie_m joined #koha
10:19 magnus hooray for bug 9172
10:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9172 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Move TinyMCE library outside of language-specific directory
10:30 sher_jillnai wahanui yes cjh also told me but i check in the service list there was nothing like SIP and also i check in the Port running list there was also no port is running 6001 which the port number for SIP server
10:30 wahanui OK, sher_jillnai.
10:30 sher_jillnai wahanui yes cjh also told me but i check in the service list there was nothing like SIP and also i check in the Port running list there was also no port is running 6001 which the port number for SIP server
10:30 wahanui OK, sher_jillnai.
10:30 sher_jillnai wahanui yes cjh also told me but i check in the service list there was nothing like SIP and also i check in the Port running list there was also no port is running 6001 which the port number for SIP server
10:30 wahanui OK, sher_jillnai.
10:30 sher_jillnai wahanui please help me
10:30 wahanui sher_jillnai: i'm not following you...
10:31 sher_jillnai wahanui but i m requesting for your help
10:31 wahanui sher_jillnai: sorry...
10:31 drojf joined #koha
10:33 magnus sher_jillnai, wahanui is a bot - not an actual person
10:37 sher_jillnai magnus sorry actually i m new here
10:38 sher_jillnai magnus_lunch sorry actualy i am new here
10:38 sher_jillnai magnus_lunch can u help me in the problem mentioned above
10:40 * drojf has to reboot. after 5 minutes of using windows. ha.
10:48 drojf joined #koha
10:51 kf left #koha
10:51 kf joined #koha
10:58 rangi left #koha
10:59 rangi joined #koha
10:59 huginn Oh no, not this fool again
11:02 kf left #koha
11:02 kf joined #koha
11:04 kf left #koha
11:04 kf joined #koha
11:04 huginn GERMS!!!!
11:04 wahanui Germs originated in Germany, before rapidly spreading throughout the rest of the world.
11:04 kf lol
11:04 jcamins ...
11:04 jcamins huh?
11:05 rangi left #koha
11:05 * kf is innocent
11:05 rangi joined #koha
11:05 jcamins @later tell dcook I have no idea what is, no.
11:05 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
11:07 rangi left #koha
11:08 rangi joined #koha
11:11 * rangi stops tormenting the bots and goes to bed
11:11 tcohen joined #koha
11:11 kf good ngiht rangi
11:29 mtj jebus, #koha is a mad-house this evening :p
11:40 jwagner joined #koha
11:42 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:45 gaetan_B kf: hello
11:45 Irma joined #koha
11:45 gaetan_B kf: for the kurdish translation, there is one thing i would like to do to make it easier for them but i need your confirmation
11:46 gaetan_B instead of starting from empty kurdish files
11:46 gaetan_B they would start with the content of the arabic files
11:46 gaetan_B so all the %s and code stuff has already been replaced
11:46 Irma joined #koha
11:47 gaetan_B also it will make them easier for them to translate the rest, especially when %s are mingled with text
11:47 gaetan_B the translator understand arabic as an added bonus
11:47 gaetan_B but would modifying the arabic files and just renaming them would work out ?
11:48 rangi yes
11:48 * rangi is still awake obviously
11:48 rangi gaetan_B: thats what i did for en-NZ too en-GB and renamed
11:49 rangi too=took
11:49 jcamins rangi: well done on the going to sleep front. :)
11:49 NateC joined #koha
11:49 rangi heh yeah didnt work so well
11:51 gaetan_B rangi: this is great news :)
11:51 gaetan_B we'll make it this way then
11:53 magnus_lunch joined #koha
11:57 nengard joined #koha
12:06 paul_p joined #koha
12:07 tcohen joined #koha
12:23 oleonard joined #koha
12:24 oleonard Hi #koha
12:26 tcohen joined #koha
12:26 kf hi oleonard
12:31 edveal joined #koha
12:32 tcohen morning #koha
12:32 kf morning tcohen
12:32 tcohen hi kf
12:32 * kf hands oleonard and tcohen cookies
12:32 kf today is a cookie day. I just want you to be prepared ;)
12:33 * oleonard wants that to be a real thing
12:33 kf :)
12:35 gaetan_B1 joined #koha
12:36 kf gaetan_B1 it should work I think - but I woudl try and mark all strings fuzzy in that case
12:36 kf so you can easily see how much is actually done already and what still has to be done
12:36 gaetan_B1 kf: this is a good idea, this would also allow the translator to see how much work he has done indeed
12:36 gaetan_B1 ah yes :)
12:36 kf :)
12:37 gaetan_B1 how do you mark all strings fuzzy  ?
12:37 kf because unlike en/en-NZ those are not so similar :)
12:37 kf maybe if you look in one of the po files in a text editor you will see
12:37 gaetan_B1 yes indeed (it will help a lot with the bidi problems though)
12:37 kf you need a line #fuzzy or similar I think
12:37 kf shoudl be possible to do with a text editor and some smart search and replace
12:37 gaetan_B1 kf: ok i thought there was  a way to do it in poedit
12:37 kf oh in poedit
12:37 kf hm
12:37 gaetan_B1 but i can do a substitution with vim
12:37 kf there might be in fact
12:38 kf not in pootle :)
12:38 kf i think it could be done in poedit - maybe just check the menus, I can't right now, sorry
12:39 mib_6dxoru joined #koha
12:39 alohabot Hi mib_6dxoru, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
12:39 HB joined #koha
12:39 HB Hey koha
12:41 oleonard Hi HB
12:42 HB im doing some css editing for our koha the text on the rigt top corner ... what id does that txt have ... i'm not completely sure ...  untill now my new look is like this
12:42 oleonard Looks very nice HB
12:43 HB :)
12:43 oleonard You can change the color of that link using #members a {}
12:43 HB our layout peeps want the text white at the top but i'm not there yet lol (searching)  ow gonna check thx for the tip :)
12:44 kf HB: looks really good so far :) you will get there
12:44 oleonard #members a { color: #FFF; }
12:44 oleonard And #members { color: #FFF; } too if you want plain text white too
12:44 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:45 gaetan_B1 thanks kf, il try this :)
12:45 HB i have to do the hover over text also probably
12:45 talljoy joined #koha
12:48 talljoy1 joined #koha
12:49 magnus joined #koha
12:50 jcamins I like the header!
12:50 jcamins Are you going to change the color scheme on the search results too?
12:51 HB ehm we dont have plans there
12:52 HB for now :)
12:53 HB but good tip maybe i should do that
12:55 libsysguy joined #koha
12:55 libsysguy morning everyone
12:56 kf he is alive!
12:56 libsysguy :)
12:56 libsysguy barely
12:56 libsysguy I thought some parts of the Koha codebase were bad…that is until I ran across my first bit of legacy CGI code
12:57 libsysguy CGI =~ death
12:57 libsysguy :p
12:57 libsysguy how have you been lf
12:57 libsysguy kf**
12:57 kf ah right... now you appreciate koha more :)
12:58 libsysguy well…only a *tiny* bit :p jk jk
12:58 bshum left #koha
13:00 jcamins HB: this is one of my favorite OPACs: http://catalogue.bu.univ-renne[…]ith&searchOn=OPAC
13:00 * magnus waves to libsysguy
13:00 bshum joined #koha
13:00 AndroUser2 joined #koha
13:04 * libsysguy waives back at magnus
13:05 magnus waiving some fines, perhaps?
13:07 jcamins magnus: OH NO! SOMEONE STOLE YOUR E!
13:07 * jcamins panics.
13:07 magnus and with good reason, i'd say
13:08 * druthb doesn't have a spare E to give to magnus.
13:09 magnus man, i need some e's!
13:10 kf ?
13:10 * kf needs some slides!
13:11 oleonard kf: Again?!
13:11 * oleonard sends kf all the slides
13:11 kf yeah it never ends
13:12 kf I have to talk 2 hours about koha :)
13:12 vfernandes authorities still not working :/
13:16 HB what is the difference between the #members a and  #members color the second one did not change annything (or i dont see it)
13:17 druthb kf++
13:17 kf i get karma for not having done my slides?
13:18 druthb for talking about Koha a lot!
13:19 oleonard HB: "#members a" affects the color of the links within the #members <div>
13:19 oleonard HB: "#members" would only affect the color of text within the #members <div>
13:20 * magnus sends kf a landslide
13:21 magnus slides?
13:21 wahanui kf should be writing slides
13:22 HB ok
13:22 oleonard kf: Slide 1: "Koha is awesome." Drop the mic, show LOLcats for 119 minutes.
13:22 jcamins Hehe.
13:22 druthb wahanui: kf?
13:22 wahanui kf is cait or really, really sweet. or <reply>she gives me memory loss or a holds expert.
13:22 druthb hm.
13:22 druthb wahanui:  cait?
13:23 wahanui cait is, like, qam, not your secretary
13:23 druthb LOL
13:29 kf oleonard: awesome :)
13:29 drojf kf: 2 hours? wow
13:30 kf plan is to show koha too, 2 hours only slides would be boring
13:30 magnus and have lots of time for questions and discussion!
13:31 drojf you could MARC up some LOLcats to show them in koha
13:32 magnus or embed some lolcat vids with the new html5 thingy
13:33 drojf yay!
13:33 magnus ...which is cool, btw ;-)
13:33 drojf :)
13:34 HB jcamins: nice one
13:34 AndroUser2 joined #koha
13:35 HB the url (opac) i was late lol
13:37 kf drojf++ magnus++ oleonard++ :)
13:37 magnus kf: for distracting you?
13:38 kf for making me laugh :)
13:43 mtj HB: woah, nice opac!
13:43 kf mtj: shouldn't you be sleeping?:)
13:44 magnus sterling_college++
13:45 mtj kf: yeah,   just finished a big upgrade...
13:45 * mtj waves good night, x
13:51 kf good night mtj :)
13:55 maximep joined #koha
14:01 HB <oleonard>: thx is white and some small changes done to the logo (the layout people are keeping an eye on me :) )thx for the tips ++ for the help
14:02 tcohen kf, we have the cookies sort-of covered here
14:02 jcamins Ah! Don't use root! :P
14:03 * jcamins leaves
14:03 tcohen :-D
14:06 jatara joined #koha
14:07 jatara Good morning/afternoon/evening, y'all!
14:08 kf tcohen: yum :)
14:08 kf and nice peak into your office :)
14:08 kf hm peek
14:08 tcohen meaning?
14:09 kf just that :) it's nice to see someone's desk :)
14:09 tcohen oh, i get it
14:09 kf well a bit of it, but I like the sticker :)
14:09 tcohen that's my desk
14:10 tcohen the one of gplv3 or the one that says I need to lend some mates to my colleage?
14:12 rambutan joined #koha
14:12 kf i couldn't translate that one, so I meant the other :)
14:16 kf magnus: should we put oclc connectiong thingy on the api page?
14:17 rambutan joined #koha
14:18 rambutan teest
14:18 oleonard Sorry rambutan it didn't work.
14:19 rambutan with thunderbird chat (this is a recursive complaint) you can never tell if you're logged on or not if people aren't chatting
14:20 oleonard In that case I suggest a new IRC client :)
14:20 rambutan Yep, I'm looking for one
14:20 oleonard Anyone here familiar with T:T's BLOCK and PROCESS directives?
14:21 oleonard I want to be able to define a block of markup in one place and embed it elsewhere
14:22 oleonard Oh wait I think I got it working
14:23 vfernandes oleonard maybe you can help me with this error: ZOOM error 114 "Unsupported Use attribute" (addinfo: "Koha-Auth-Number") from diag-set 'Bib-1'
14:23 oleonard Sorry vfernandes I don't know how to help with that one
14:23 vfernandes :/
14:24 AndroUser2 joined #koha
14:24 vfernandes I don't know why this is happening with I try to update and save one authority
14:24 vfernandes may
14:24 vfernandes *maybe is something related to DOM indexing
14:37 drnoe joined #koha
14:44 kf marcelr++
15:05 rambutan joined #koha
15:07 jcamins vfernandes: that usually happens if you don't update your Zebra configuration.
15:08 vfernandes jcamins where do I update?
15:09 mcooper joined #koha
15:11 * gmcharlt_ tries to hug the entire country of New Zealand
15:12 jcamins vfernandes: all the files in etc/zebradb should be updated.
15:13 jcamins If you used packages or followed the instructions they shouldn't get out of date, though.
15:13 vfernandes I installed a clean 3.10.3
15:13 vfernandes so it should be updated
15:14 jcamins Yes.
15:15 vfernandes so how I can update the files?
15:16 jcamins You shouldn't need to if it's a clean install.
15:16 jcamins How did you install it?
15:16 vfernandes zebra or koha?
15:16 vfernandes zebra with apt-get, koha tar.gz download and install
15:19 jcamins Wow this connection is bad.
15:19 jcamins I was wondering about Kha.
15:19 jcamins *Koha
15:20 jcamins But I can't help you troubleshoot now. The connectin dies too quickly.
15:33 vfernandes ok jcamins thanks anyway
15:46 christophe_c left #koha
15:54 tcohen @seen marcelr
15:54 huginn tcohen: marcelr was last seen in #koha 6 days, 8 hours, 29 minutes, and 38 seconds ago: <marcelr> hi kf
16:00 tcohen is there a wanthash function in perl?
16:04 tcohen @later tell eythian I wan't your opinion on bug 10041
16:04 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
16:07 tcohen bug 10041
16:07 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10041 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Provide a koha-translate script to aid package users on installing translations
16:08 melia joined #koha
16:14 bgkriegel joined #koha
16:16 reiveune1 bye
16:16 reiveune1 left #koha
16:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #39 for job Koha_Docs_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #324 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:42 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.10.x build #39: SUCCESS in 1 min 39 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Docs_3.10.x/39/
16:42 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: add privacy table values to faq
16:42 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #324: SUCCESS in 1 min 38 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/324/
16:42 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: add privacy table values to faq
16:42 jenkins_koha Starting build #31 for job Koha_Docs_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:42 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.8.x build #31: SUCCESS in 17 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Docs_3.8.x/31/
16:42 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: add privacy table values to faq
16:48 drojf joined #koha
17:05 cait joined #koha
17:35 sophie_m left #koha
17:50 drojf joined #koha
17:59 nengard joined #koha
18:08 mtompset joined #koha
18:09 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
18:10 mtompset Who has access (i.e. can make changes) to
18:11 oleonard Why?
18:12 mtompset Because the link for ubuntu instructions points to a wiki page that has "outdated" box warning at the top.
18:12 magnuse anyone heard of or tried ?
18:12 mtompset "Ubuntu users can find instructions on our wiki for how to use the Debian packages on Ubuntu" points to[…]ing_Koha_packages
18:14 mtompset I'd like to to point to either[…]ubuntu_-_packages or
18:15 jcamins @later tell wizzyrea could you please change the link on from {WIKI}/Koha_on_Lucid_using_Koha_packages to[…]ubuntu_-_packages
18:15 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
18:17 mtompset Thanks, jcamins.
18:17 mtompset jcamins++
18:19 jcamins Hey! I managed to type that entire message without the connection dying!
18:20 jcamins Also, side thought, there should be someone in the US with write access to the website so I don't have to pester wizzyrea.
18:25 oleonard More Bootstrap OPAC work:
18:26 jcamins oleonard++ # classy!
18:27 oleonard I'm sure about the logo in the nav bar... I like that it gives more room for the search bar, but I wonder if libraries will miss that option for customization
18:27 oleonard I'm *not* sure, that is.
18:27 jcamins The one thing I question is whether or not the Advanced search/authority search/etc. links couldn't somehow be consolidated and put on the nav bar.
18:29 oleonard We would have to hide them in a menu, and I don't think that would be discoverable enough for the average patron
18:31 jcamins Hm.
18:32 jcamins I feel like there should be some way to rethink those links so they make more sense.
18:33 jcamins That bar isn't immediately clear to me the way the rest of the page is.
18:36 oleonard Which bar?
18:36 oleonard The links?
18:36 wahanui the links are only based on the $9.
18:36 tcohen mtompset: i'd remove "Debian packages on Ubuntu" and put "packages on Ubuntu". Don't understand why pointing packages where built for Debian at all
18:37 gaetan_B joined #koha
18:37 tcohen I mean, its correct, but also confusing for a non-tech user
18:37 jcamins oleonard: yeah.
18:38 mtompset Hmm... Because that's what was there.
18:38 jcamins Oh, I know.
18:39 jcamins I don't think it makes immediate sense to a patron now, either.
18:39 jcamins At least, it didn't make immediate sense to me the first time I sat down with a Koha OPAC.
18:40 jcamins Am I the only one?
18:41 oleonard Of course I've worked with it too long to really know, but I would consider it a detail that would be mostly overlooked until someone went looking for more...something.
18:41 cait hm where is the link? :)
18:41 oleonard More Bootstrap OPAC work:
18:41 cait oleonard: do we tell you often enough how awesome you are? :)
18:41 oleonard ..but the question applies to the current OPAC design also
18:43 mtompset @later tell wizzyrea That "Current Release" section on needs more tweaking too. The debian link 3.4?! And it might be an idea to remove "the Debian" from the Ubuntu line description.
18:43 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
18:43 cait so the library's logo would you always in opacheader now?
18:43 oleonard I don't know cait, it's just an idea
18:43 mtompset There, tcohen, I hope that improves that. :)
18:43 cait just trying to figure out how this would look like for a library :)
18:44 cait and I like how clean it is :)
18:44 oleonard cait: It would give more room for the search bar, which is nice. On the other hand with the cart and lists links up at the top there is already more room.
18:45 cait navigation is hard
18:45 cait couldn't we find some students or so doing a usability study for us? :)
18:46 cait I fear the cart and lists might get overlooked
18:46 cait I really like the search bar
18:46 cait but with the opacheader/log between cart/lists and the search it might be harder to spot than it is now
18:47 oleonard opacheader is optional. It only shows because I have something in the pref.
18:47 cait i know
18:47 oleonard CCSR eliminates the "Search" label on the search bar but I tend to think we should keep it.
18:47 oleonard ...but make it look nicer than in that screenshot
18:48 * cait nods
18:48 cait i like moving it out of the search bar - the buttons
18:48 cait because when you don't have much room they get pushed down easily right now
18:48 cait and don't look so good then
18:48 jcamins I usually move them into the bar that I don't like:
18:49 jcamins Otherwise Koha doesn't fit well on a 1024x768 monitor.
18:49 cait i was thinking about that
18:49 cait but they are not links
18:49 cait not really
18:49 oleonard jcamins: Nowadays that is referred to as a "small tablet" ;)
18:50 cait hehe
18:50 jcamins oleonard: or "public terminals."
18:50 jcamins Depending.
18:52 oleonard jcamins: Just making a comment about how responsive grids classify things these days:[…]g.html#responsive
18:52 * cait looks at other opacs
18:53 cait[…]ields&submit=Find
18:53 jcamins lol
18:53 jcamins Ouch.
18:53 cait i just noticed that I don't like the standard vufind so much
18:53 cait koha is prettier
18:54 jcamins Agreed.
18:54 jcamins I seem to recall feeling the same about Blacklight.
18:55 cait ok
18:55 cait we have lots of options
18:55 cait to fit in
18:56 oleonard Huh, I didn't realize vufind used "Book Bag"
18:56 cait h how does the newer evergreen pac look like?
18:56 oleonard I wonder if their customers' top request is to change that.
18:56 cait hehe
18:56 jcamins cait: Sitka has done some nice things.
18:57 oleonard Sitka?
18:57 jcamins Hm.
18:57 jcamins Maybe not Sitka.
18:57 jcamins It's a consortium.
18:59 jcamins jeff: do you have links handy to some of the more attractive TPAC sites?
19:00 oleonard I don't think Ohio's regional Evergreen system counts:
19:01 cait that looks like the old one too: http://catalogue.bclibraries.c[…]100&d=2&f=&ol=100
19:01 jcamins cait: yeah, that's why I condlued it wasn't Sitka.
19:01 cait i think the problem is
19:01 cait our opac can do too many things :)
19:01 cait and we ahve to find a place for everythin!
19:02 cait and I think we can agree that we can't fit it into one toolbar?
19:02 jcamins Dyrcona: do you have links handy to some of the more attractive TPAC sites?
19:02 jcamins cait: agreed.
19:02 senator jcamins: jeff just doesn't want to boast:
19:02 cait so we need some way to place 2
19:03 cait oleonard: could we move the card and lists down on the level of the breadcrumbs?
19:03 cait I think they don't get too long in opac?
19:04 Dyrcona jcamins: I think is the prettiest. Ours is plain but uses something other than the stock colors:
19:04 oleonard cait: We could, but I'm not sure that makes sense there
19:04 oleonard cait: Do you suggest that because you think they need to be more visible? Or because You'd like to make room in the nav bar?
19:05 cait more visible
19:05 cait and break the elemnts closer together I think
19:05 cait bring
19:05 cait the navigational like elemens
19:06 cait I am still worried people put large pictures/banners in the opacheader section like they do now
19:06 oleonard True
19:07 oleonard The CCSR theme gets around that problem by not letting people use opacheader that way ;)
19:08 jcamins Dyrcona: senator: tadl is the one I was thinking of.
19:09 cait
19:09 jcamins Not sure how I got Michigan and BC confused, but at least you know what I wanted.
19:10 Dyrcona jcamins: senator: jeff told me how they did the lists of sliding books with iframes and hand-managed lists on Saturday after the Evergreen Conference.
19:10 oleonard Luckily the placement of the Cart button or the "extra" links are things which can be fairly easily changed
19:11 tcohen joined #koha
19:11 cait oleonard: not sure that argument counts :)
19:11 cait you know people want to put their library logos somewhere :)
19:12 oleonard cait: I mean we really could do some testing,or at least surveying, before settling on a design
19:12 cait yep
19:12 cait makes sense :)
19:12 cait and it already looks lovely :)
19:12 senator that's a nice looking katalog
19:12 jcamins oleonard: true. And I wasn't saying it needed to be changed right away, just pointing out something that bothered me in case you had a solution.
19:12 senator Dyrcona: cool, we should get him to write that up for the list
19:12 cait it's a vufind project here in germany
19:12 cait they do catalogs for several universities
19:13 cait i think it's pretty cool :)
19:13 cait
19:16 cait vufind is pretty big in Germany
19:16 oleonard At some point I'll have to make the Cart and Lists buttons actually work... :|
19:17 cait oleonard: if anyone can... it#s you :)
19:18 cait what if we had 2 navigation bars ontop of each other? and header on top top?
19:19 cait i should just leave that to oleonard :)
19:19 jcamins I like that design, as you know.
19:20 jcamins But oleonard is probably a better judge of whether it's a good idea.
19:20 oleonard I'm not sure I understand what you mean
19:20 jcamins Two rows of nav buttons underneath the header.
19:21 jeff jcamins: regarding "more attractive" TPAC sites, I'm partial to our own. -- be sure to toggle to kids' opac for whimsy. :-)
19:21 jcamins Awww!
19:21 oleonard The header being opacheader jcamins?
19:22 jcamins oleonard: right.
19:22 jeff senator: oh, and having just boasted, i see senator answered already! :-)
19:22 jeff senator++ thanks!
19:23 oleonard jcamins: So you would put the advanced search, etc. links right under the navbar?
19:23 jcamins Now that cait has suggested it, yes.
19:23 oleonard One thing I like about having the advanced search link, etc. under the main search bar is that it reflects their importance: Search is more important.
19:24 jcamins Hmm.
19:24 jcamins I feel like the navbar has smaller text for that reason.
19:25 jcamins But feel free to ignore my ideas on user interface design in favor of actual knowledge about how users use interfaces. ;)
19:28 bgkriegel joined #koha
19:39 jatara @jeff: Wow! I like your site.
19:39 huginn jatara: I've exhausted my database of quotes
19:40 mtompset Greetings, bgkriegel. :)
19:42 mtompset Oh, this "search" "advanced search" talk reminds me.
19:42 mtompset The staff client menu bar at the top only says "search" for a link to the "Advanced Search".
19:43 jcamins Yes, "Advanced search" is redundant.
19:44 jcamins And unnecessarily verbose.
19:44 jcamins Librarians looking for "search" are looking for an advanced search rather than quick search.
19:45 mtompset So, the pretty graphics should drop the word "Advanced" to be more consistent?
19:45 jcamins It says "advanced search" somewhere on the staff client?
19:45 oleonard On the home page
19:46 jcamins Huh.
19:46 jatara On one of the buttons.
19:46 jcamins Do you know, I never noticed that.
19:46 mtompset Yep. Right on the home page.
19:46 jcamins I never look at the home page.
19:47 mtompset And when you click it, the "Home > Advanced Search" with an "Advanced Search" title.
19:47 tcohen jcamins, i'm about to fill a bug on translation encoding problems
19:47 jcamins I also never use the search screen.
19:48 tcohen has anyone noticed problems with non-latin chars on the staff login screen?
19:48 jcamins I use CCL, QP, or PQF, depending on my needs.
19:48 tcohen s/latin/ascii/
19:48 jcamins tcohen: mtompset reported seeing the same.
19:48 tcohen yes, I'll use his comment to support my bug report, thanks mtompset
19:49 bgkriegel Hi mtompset. Thanks for your email. I'll write to you.
19:49 mtompset You're welcome, tcohen. After all, it probably will affect me with people wanting other languages in the UI.
19:49 bgkriegel and Hi all
19:49 tcohen hi bgkriegel
19:50 bgkriegel hi tcohen
19:51 tcohen bgkriegel: thanks for testing my patch for bug 10041
19:51 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10041 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Provide a koha-translate script to aid package users on installing translations
19:52 tcohen i've been learning a bit about bash tab-completion today
19:52 mtompset tab-completion is an awesome time saver. :)
19:52 mtompset I use: $ sudo service koha-{tab} start
19:53 mtompset I don't have to remember what I linked the name as. :)
19:53 tcohen soon you'll be able to do sudo koha-rebuild-zebra <tab>[options] <tab>[instance]
19:53 tcohen ;)
19:54 mtompset You working on that?
19:54 tcohen yeap
19:54 mtompset SWEET!
19:54 tcohen pet project for today and tomorrow
19:56 gaetan_B1 joined #koha
19:59 nengard left #koha
20:00 mtompset I just found another meaning for koha. ;)
20:02 oleonard What is it with hockey and Koha?
20:02 rambutan kocky?
20:03 rambutan kockey, rather
20:08 mtompset ha = hockey association.
20:09 mtompset a lot of communities start with 'k'.
20:09 mtompset what the 'o' means may vary?
20:10 mtompset Optimist vs. Old-timers
20:12 drojf1 joined #koha
20:13 mtompset Well, time to survive my wife driving to pick up our son. :) She just got her G1 (learners permit equivalent?) recently.
20:16 oleonard More zebra advice on the mailing list from the other Paul...
20:17 kathryn joined #koha
20:21 oleonard Bye #koha
20:28 mtompset ARG!
20:28 mtompset That was regarding the tarball Paul's instructions.
20:39 jcamins Dyrcona: I think it's good that Koha didn't apply for GSoC while I was still RM.
20:39 Dyrcona jcamins: Heh. I'm starting to question the wisdom of volunteering as a mentor this year.
21:10 rangi morning
21:10 rangi mtompset: argh is right
21:10 rangi dishing out bad advice all over the place,
21:12 cait morning rangi
21:13 magnuse evening rangi
21:14 wizzyrea hello peeps
21:14 magnuse hiya wizzyrea
21:15 tcohen joined #koha
21:16 cait hey wizzyrea
21:16 wahanui wizzyrea is a Cylon, and they all have plans.
21:16 * magnuse wishes all of #koha a good time of the day and wanders off to sleep
21:16 rangi cya magnuse
21:16 tcohen bye magnuse
21:16 wizzyrea bye :)
21:17 tcohen morning rangi wizzyrea
21:18 rangi hi tcohen
21:19 wizzyrea hiyas tcohen
21:19 cait joined #koha
21:23 * cait waves
21:24 cait @wunder Konstanz
21:24 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 13.8°C (11:20 PM CEST on April 17, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 75%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
21:24 wizzyrea @wunder nzwn
21:24 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 14.0°C (8:30 AM NZST on April 18, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Falling).
21:35 edveal joined #koha
21:37 tcohen how do I tell git bisect to limit its search at some commitid?
21:38 tcohen limit backwards
21:38 tcohen git bisect HEAD commitid?
21:40 tcohen rangi?
21:40 tcohen heh
21:40 melia is there a way to add a new matching rule for patron import (in tools)?
21:45 rangi not that i know of melia
21:45 melia darn. thanks anyway!
21:56 cjh tcohen: after starting git bisect you need to make a revision as bad and good
21:56 cjh tcohen: good is the furthest you go back, bad is the furthest you go forward (if those directions make sense)
21:57 cjh tcohen: if you look at man git-bisect there is a good example under 'basic bisect commands'
21:57 bag ah rangi melia thinks she may have figured it out
21:57 tcohen i have a test script i plan tu run with git bissect run
21:58 tcohen (thx cjh)
21:58 cjh git bisect start; bit bisect bad HEAD; bit bisect good commitid; # should match what you wanted above
21:59 cjh git bisect start HEAD commitid #HEAD is bad, commitid is good.
21:59 cjh didnt know it had a short form, neat.
22:00 melia well, not really. edveal discovered that if in patron attributes, you check off the box to make it a unique identifier, then that patron attribute will appear in the dropdown menu for patron import matching rules. (don't know if it works or not, but there it is!)
22:00 tcohen joined #koha
22:00 tcohen sorry cjh, network problem
22:01 cjh tcohen: sorry for my rambling, wasnt aware of the shorter form.
22:19 wizzyrea which wiki page is "the wiki page for debian package installation"
22:19 wizzyrea because there are several and I always seem to get the wrong one.
22:19 wizzyrea ?
22:19 rangi yep
22:20 cait melia: it does work - i use it a lot
22:20 cait melia: unique patron attribute and patron import that is
22:20 melia I actually wanted a rule to match on borrowernumber
22:21 cait I think patron attributes is the only way
22:21 cait we use it for student id
22:21 cait or staff id
22:21 melia I thought about making a patron attribute for borrowernumber and then importing the existing borrowernumber data, but it seems like that would need to be constantly updated and could easily get messed up
22:23 tcohen[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
22:23 wizzyrea mtompset: is that better on
22:27 drnoe_away left #koha
22:38 tcohen joined #koha
22:42 gaetan_B joined #koha
22:49 wizzyrea joined #koha
23:09 eythian hi
23:09 wahanui what's up, eythian
23:11 eythian tcohen: I haven't tested it yet, but I approve of the idea. I'll see about adding a signoff to it soon. Today hopefully.
23:11 eythian (re bug 10041)
23:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10041 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , Provide a koha-translate script to aid package users on installing translations
23:11 tcohen oh, thansk eythian
23:12 tcohen been working a bit on tab completion today
23:12 tcohen i got stuck because i don't fully understand the possible parameter combinations
23:12 tcohen (of koha-create)
23:13 eythian also, there's no wanthash function in perl because it doesn't really make sense (although I could see the use) can return a list and turn it straight into a hash. Really, a hash behaves like a list when passing it around.
23:13 eythian tcohen: OK. You'd probably have to poke through the source to work it out properly.
23:14 trea joined #koha
23:16 tcohen ok eythian
23:16 wahanui eythian is, like, great at jokes. That everyone else misses them isn't his problem
23:16 * wizzyrea giggles
23:23 libsysguy1 joined #koha
23:23 libsysguy1 @seen rangi
23:23 huginn libsysguy1: rangi was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 3 minutes, and 49 seconds ago: <rangi> yep
23:23 rangi yep whats up?
23:23 libsysguy1 jw how that transfer went
23:24 wizzyrea omg it's a libsysguy sighting
23:24 rangi its still going
23:24 * wizzyrea waves
23:24 libsysguy1 hehe hi wizzyrea
23:24 rangi seems ok tho i might start the others
23:24 libsysguy1 it was easy enough on my end
23:24 libsysguy1 yes I do want to transfer...done
23:24 rangi you got an email eh?
23:25 rangi cool, yeah i think its just waiting for the registry to update
23:25 rangi Next step: The registry has been informed about the transfer request.
23:25 rangi is where its at
23:25 libsysguy1 okay cool, I'm going to pull my name servers off of them
23:25 rangi ill start the other ones
23:25 libsysguy1 okay cool
23:25 rangi you should a few more emails
23:26 * libsysguy1 glares at his inbox
23:27 libsysguy1 thanks for working with me on it
23:27 libsysguy1 but now dinner is ready
23:27 libsysguy1 so I'm off
23:28 dcook joined #koha
23:30 maximep left #koha
23:35 tcohen eythian, i've just read your comment on wanthash
23:35 tcohen it is used to detect if a function/method was called in hash or scalar context
23:35 eythian there's no such thing as a hash context
23:36 eythian there's only list or scalar
23:36 eythian and list == hash if you choose to put it into one
23:36 tcohen joined #koha
23:37 eythian <eythian> there's no such thing as a hash context
23:37 eythian <eythian> there's only list or scalar
23:37 eythian <eythian> and list == hash if you choose to put it into one
23:37 tcohen i'm sorry, i meant wantarray
23:37 tcohen you're right
23:40 thd-away joined #koha
23:47 tcohen can anyone provide me a commit hash that was cmmited in january
23:47 tcohen ?
23:50 thd-away` joined #koha
23:50 papa joined #koha
23:50 thd-away` joined #koha
23:52 dcook tcohen: git log --before={2013-01-31} --after={2013-01-01}
23:53 wizzyrea i always learn such interesting things about git here <3
23:53 eythian wahanui: git tips
23:53 wahanui git tips is[…]ou-getting-fired/
23:55 wizzyrea eythian++
23:56 trea heh
23:56 dcook[…]docs/git-log.html
23:57 dcook Also a git users best friend
23:57 dcook user's*
23:58 tcohen thanks dcook
23:59 tcohen i'm bisecting a bug regarding charset encoding and translations
23:59 dcook :)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary