IRC log for #koha, 2012-12-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:08 BobB joined #koha
00:09 BobB_ joined #koha
00:25 libsysguy joined #koha
00:50 NateC joined #koha
00:50 rambutan left #koha
04:25 BobB joined #koha
04:29 BobB druthb are you about?
04:29 druthb I am.  Hi, BobB! :)
04:29 BobB Hi Ruth :)
04:29 BobB how's life?
04:30 druthb It's going pretty well.  This has certainly been an interesting year for me.
04:30 druthb Kind of stunned that it's almost over.
04:30 BobB yeah, they speed up towards the end :)
04:30 druthb How's sweet Irma?
04:31 BobB Very well, thx.
04:31 druthb :)  Good.
04:31 BobB Do you know where follet Destiny stores the item type?  Is it in the 852 tag?
04:32 druthb Hm.  I've not worked with a lot of Destiny boxen... I know talljoy has done a couple; let me check our notes, see what I can find.
04:33 druthb It looks like the 852$x has sub-subfields, with an @ 852$x@a is item type, @c acq date @e volume number...  that sub-sub thing gave her fits.
04:34 BobB yeah I've got those @ characters all over the place.... ugly
04:34 druthb When I was messing with one of those, I used split() to chop the subfield x apart; that made things a little more orderly.
04:35 BobB $xCOPYID:23034$xFSC@aNon-fiction@c20120828@j@j@j@i@i@i$h221.61 ARC
04:35 BobB ughhh !!!
04:36 druthb yeah.  a split() and two substr() statements can be used to make a hash out of the second $x.  Anything where the value isn't present, like all those @j entries, can be tossed.
04:38 BobB so in my example there, is FSC the item type or is Non-Fiction?  That looks more like a collection code?
04:39 BobB I can check that further.
04:39 BobB Thanks Ruth!
04:39 druthb FSC is probably the item type.
04:39 BobB Cool.  I can verify that.
04:40 BobB What time is it where you are?
04:40 BobB almost Friday evening here, I'd better press on.
04:41 BobB Many thanks for your help.
04:41 druthb It's Thursday evening latish.  :)  Be well.
04:42 BobB Take care.
05:08 thd-away joined #koha
06:33 cait joined #koha
06:33 cait hi #koha
06:48 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:19 druthb_mobile joined #koha
07:32 * magnuse waves
07:32 * cait waves back
07:34 magnuse yay!
07:44 reiveune joined #koha
07:45 reiveune hello
07:49 cait hi reiveune
07:49 cait and bbl
07:55 julian_m joined #koha
08:03 lds joined #koha
08:18 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:18 gaetan_B hello
08:27 sophie_m joined #koha
08:29 kf joined #koha
08:30 kf happy friday #koha
08:31 mib_ioe40l joined #koha
08:33 mib_ioe40l Hi, I would like to change the notifications email that the patrons receive, but I do not know where to go to change it. Could you help me?
08:40 alex_a joined #koha
09:09 gerundio joined #koha
09:15 HB joined #koha
09:15 HB Morning
09:19 HB Just starting a 3.10 install in the ubuntu package setup it says To configure your server for use with DNS names: After install, edit /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf with details about your site. You may need to create this file. Some example content would be:DOMAIN=""  # Change this to be your domain. Any instance will be a subdomain of this string
09:19 HB .... now the it department gave me as an adress do i put DOMAIN="" ?
09:21 HB ok i keep searching :)
09:35 kf druthb: shouldn't you be sleeping?
09:35 * druthb looks innocent
09:42 HB :s just testing te smiles
09:49 vkm joined #koha
09:50 vkm any idea about release of stable new version
09:53 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
09:53 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, Germany is -2.7°C (10:43 AM CET on December 07, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 74%. Dew Point: -7.0°C. Windchill: -7.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Falling).
09:57 vkm joined #koha
10:00 lms joined #koha
10:02 magnuse @wunder boo
10:02 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -4.0°C (10:50 AM CET on December 07, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 54%. Dew Point: -12.0°C. Windchill: -14.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Falling).
10:08 druthb @wunder 66046
10:08 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Lawrence Live-Courtesy of the Khoury's, Lawrence, Kansas is 7.1°C (4:07 AM CST on December 07, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Windchill: 7.0°C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Falling).
10:12 kf @wunder Konstanz
10:12 huginn kf: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is -2.0°C (11:00 AM CET on December 07, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: -4.0°C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Falling).
10:13 vkm when stable version of 3.10 release?
10:14 drojf when someone fixes bug 9052 and it is packaged i guess
10:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9052 blocker, P5 - low, ---, robin, In Discussion , YUI assets installed in the wrong place by packages
10:14 drojf good day #koha
10:16 vkm ok
10:18 lms joined #koha
10:27 lms left #koha
10:40 gerundio hi, is there any wiki entry that shows the areas available in the Koha theme?
10:41 gerundio theme?
10:41 gerundio template?
10:41 wahanui i guess template is a copy from output
10:47 HB question if i export a file to ris the pagination normaly 300a isnt exported if i take the marc export it is exported ... anny reason for that ?
10:48 HB or a workaround
10:48 wahanui a workaround is jcamins_lib1, jcamins_lib2, jcamins_lib3, jcamins_lib4, if you're insistent on using single branch mode.
10:54 HB i exported all existing fields (filled them in first) none of them go to the page indicator in the ris format
10:55 HB problem :OP
10:59 kf HB: you could file a bug
11:09 thd-away` joined #koha
11:11 gaetan_B gerundio: i remember nengard did somehting like this in the manual, can't find it right now though...
11:13 kf HB: what do you mean by you exported all existing fields?
11:13 magnuse gerundio: http://manual.koha-community.o[…]8/en/impopac.html
11:16 gerundio gaetan_B, magnuse thank you very much
11:29 HB sorry was eating well i filled in all the fields (i did put in the number off the field as tekst) in the default frameword ... searched the  record in the client ... and exported it as a ris file
11:29 HB frameword = framework
11:30 HB was just checking how they did match as we also use endnote to import files from the koha
11:42 hb joined #koha
11:42 hb BACK SORRY DC
11:42 tcohen joined #koha
11:55 tcohen bug 9235
11:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9235 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Hardcoded values in cronjobs/
12:18 HB joined #koha
12:22 mib_1rug2b joined #koha
12:22 mib_1rug2b hi
12:23 mib_1rug2b trying to install koha on debian. got ERROR 1044 (42000) at line 4: Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' to database 'koha_bibblan' when trying to create instance.
12:23 mib_1rug2b that's weird
12:24 mib_1rug2b anyone?
12:25 mib_1rug2b help
12:30 kf mib_1rug2b: that looks like a problem with mysql
12:30 kf what are you trying to do?
12:32 magnuse sounds like Bug 6276
12:32 magnuse
12:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6276 normal, P5 - low, ---, robin, NEW , Access denied for user ...@localhost
12:32 jwagner joined #koha
12:33 mib_1rug2b thanks.
12:37 magnuse mib_1rug2b: not sure that was a lot of help :-)
12:38 magnuse i have a feeling there is another relevant bug too, but i can't seem to find it
12:38 magnuse hm, you are installing with koha-common, right?
12:39 magnuse guess so, since you said "create instance"
12:39 mib_1rug2b yes koha-common
12:39 wahanui somebody said koha-common was the one you want, the main koha one needs a bit more work (its for setting up a single instance)
12:39 mib_1rug2b the dabasase and user were created (empty database)(
12:40 magnuse bibblan - sounds swedish? :-)
12:41 mib_1rug2b :)
12:41 mib_1rug2b yes it is
12:42 magnuse yay! i'm in norway
12:42 mib_1rug2b :)
12:43 magnuse that bug i found seems to report the error in the browser - is that where you see it, or do you get it when you run koha-create?
12:43 mib_1rug2b no got it when i run koha create
12:43 mib_1rug2b weird is that it says acces denied for debian-sys-main
12:44 mib_1rug2b but now i see that user koha_bibblan doesn't any privilege
12:44 mib_1rug2b but debian-sys-maint has all privileges
12:48 magnuse sorry, i gotta run - bbl
12:55 tcohen joined #koha
13:13 NateC joined #koha
13:18 oleonard joined #koha
13:19 oleonard Hi #koha
13:20 tcohen hi oleonard
13:22 drojf1 joined #koha
13:33 ericar joined #koha
13:36 ericar left #koha
13:37 gaetan_B when doing a search in authorities, they are sorted alphabetically on the heading, but when you have subdivisions to your heading, they are not take into account
13:37 gaetan_B has this ever worked before, or would that be a new functionnal requirement ?
13:41 oleonard But in all seriousness, I think we should have a mailing list policy that members who send out of office replies should be automatically unsubscribed.
13:41 jcamins gaetan_B: that has never worked.
13:42 jcamins gaetan_B: it would be easy with DOM.
13:42 gaetan_B jcamins: ok i'll file a bz then
13:42 jcamins Just change which field is being used for sorting.
13:42 jcamins It would, of course, be completely impossible with GRS-1.
13:44 jcamins I never merged in bug 9167!
13:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9167 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , The sort field copyrightdate is not standardized
13:49 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9167' into 3.12-master <[…]062e0bcd0b074f222> / Bug 9167: Increment version number <[…]9f4314308025fad3b>
13:53 kf morning RM
13:53 jcamins Morning.
13:53 wahanui i think morning is a state of mind. or whenever the cat wants breakfast.
13:54 jcamins I re-merged 9167.
13:54 kf hm?
13:55 jcamins Yesterday morning I merged the bug_9167 branch prior to incrementing the version number.
14:00 jenkins_koha Starting build #969 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #966 3 days 0 hr ago)
14:17 gerundio hey, I'm adding Patron card templates at the moment
14:17 gerundio I previously created a printing profile
14:18 gerundio but it doesn't show up for me to select it on the template creation form
14:18 gerundio is this standard behavior?
14:19 jcamins No.
14:19 gerundio I should be able to assign an existing profile to a new template upon creation, right?
14:19 jcamins That is my understanding.
14:20 jcamins However, I don't use the patron card creator.
14:21 gerundio :s
14:24 libsysguy joined #koha
14:24 gerundio and the weirdest is that the printer profile I've created in the patron card area is showing up in the labels profiles
14:28 jcamins khall: thanks for testing 9202! :)
14:28 khall np!
14:29 khall Hey, did you know that there is an XXX dbrev in master right now?
14:29 jcamins Not anymore.
14:29 jcamins I just merged in the missing branch.
14:29 jcamins :)
14:29 khall ah, I guess i need to pull
14:29 jcamins Fifteen minutes ago.
14:29 jcamins However, I didn't know until a few minutes ago. ;)
14:30 libsysguy jcamins is the eye of Sauron
14:31 jcamins All I look upon withers and dies!
14:31 jcamins ... or was that not your point?
14:31 khall lol
14:31 oleonard "Has difficulty spotting hobbits trespassing on his property?"
14:33 jcamins Likes crepes with raspberry jam for breakfast?
14:33 jcamins Oh, no, that's hobbits.
14:33 libsysguy just look for hairy feet
14:33 libsysguy with height < 4 ft
14:34 khall Bug 8190 needs some qa love. I volunteer to switch all warns to logging when this gets in!
14:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8190 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Add a logging module to Koha, that can report log message to staff interface (for developer use)
14:35 jcamins khall++
14:36 libsysguy whats the rule on that jcamins
14:36 jcamins Under Plack it should be possible to catch SIGWARN.
14:36 libsysguy can I QA that?
14:37 * kf checks
14:40 * tcohen needs someone to look at bug 9209 so he feels more confident to start mocking more things
14:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9209 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Mocked Koha::Calendar tests
14:41 drojf "server shutdown at 17:00pm". germans. i wonder when 17:00am is
14:41 gerundio I'm looking at the source code, line 53 from intranet/cgi-bin/patroncards/
14:41 kf libsysguy: it's freshyl signed off, I will try to take a look this weekend/early next week
14:42 gerundio the query looks good, retrieve the profiles assigned to the current template or the ones not assigned at all
14:42 libsysguy kk kf
14:42 talljoy joined #koha
14:42 gerundio running the query on the DB client it retrieves results
14:42 jcamins gerundio: you're not using Plack, are you?
14:42 kf libsysguy: if you wanted to add an additonal sign-off... that would not hurt of course :)
14:42 kf or take a look at the code before that
14:42 gerundio jcamins, 1st time I hear about it
14:42 gerundio so I guess I'm not using it :D
14:43 gerundio, is this what you mean?
14:44 gerundio hmmm, I think I see the issue
14:44 khall kf libsysguy, it wouldn't hurt be this is an amalgamation of previously patches all of which were signed of multiple times.
14:44 gerundio that query is only ran if the op='edit'
14:44 drojf gerundio: you would remember the fun of installing plack for koha ;)
14:44 gerundio let me save the template and then edit it to see what happens :D
14:45 gerundio drojf, I detect a little amount of sarcasm on that sentence eheheheh
14:45 gerundio I think I'll pass the fun while I can
14:46 gerundio yeap, the printer profile shows up on edit
14:47 gerundio shall I open a bug for this?
14:49 gerundio even so, being the only printer available in the drop down, it doesn't get assign to the template
14:49 gerundio it still shows "Profile unassigned"
14:51 kf I thought bug 9243 had been fixed ages ago:(
14:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9243 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, christophe.croullebois, Needs Signoff , Bad delete order in sub index_records in
14:52 jcamins kf: no, the problem that was fixed is that it was in the other order, which left stale records in the database.
14:53 kf oh
14:53 jcamins The solution, of course, is to not rely on the order of operations.
14:54 libsysguy tcohen I get a failure
14:55 kf jcamins: sounds like it
14:55 gerundio is it supposed to exist any predefined printer profile after we finish the koha install?
14:55 libsysguy tcohen it failed test 23, 29, and 35
14:55 gerundio I've now created 2 printer profiles
14:56 vfernandes joined #koha
14:56 vfernandes hi :)
14:56 gerundio but I can't seem to be able to assign any template to the 1st profile
14:56 gerundio olá vfernandes :)
14:57 vfernandes it's nice to see some of my patches being signed off
14:57 maximep joined #koha
14:58 * jcamins heads into the city.
14:58 jcamins_away gerundio: no, there are none by default.
14:58 gerundio jcamins_away, ok thanks
14:58 vfernandes what's the next step of a patch being signed off? QA, push?
14:59 gerundio and now I've deleted the 1st profile
14:59 gerundio created a 3rd one, just like the 1st
14:59 jcamins_away vfernandes: yes, exactly. :)
14:59 gerundio when I tried to assign it, the dropdown was showing it already selected
15:00 gerundio and I got this beautifull message after pressing save
15:00 pastebot "gerundio" at pasted "Edit patron card template error" (4 lines) at
15:03 moodaepo joined #koha
15:09 tcohen joined #koha
15:09 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #969: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 9 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/969/
15:09 jenkins_koha jcamins: Bug 9167: Increment version number
15:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9167 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , The sort field copyrightdate is not standardized
15:12 vfernandes joined #koha
15:19 gerundio any idea regarding that patron card template error I pasted 10 minutes ago?
15:20 vfernandes I never any problem with patron card template
15:20 vfernandes *I never had
15:20 vfernandes do you have different profiles?
15:22 vfernandes I can't help you infortunally :/
15:31 gerundio well, went for the classic "restart" tactic
15:31 gerundio removed all templates and created them back
15:31 gerundio it seems like it worked now
15:38 mib_1rug2b joined #koha
15:45 rambutan joined #koha
15:51 libsysguy hey kf or jcamins were we supposed to be adding [Passed-QA] to sign-offs
15:51 vfernandes maybe it was a template problem and not a profile problem
16:04 kf left #koha
16:07 reiveune bye
16:07 reiveune left #koha
16:08 gmcharlt @quote random
16:08 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #28: "<owen> I'm glad munin doesn't follow me around all day remembering *everything* I say." (added by jdavidb at 01:14 PM, September 01, 2009)
16:08 libsysguy whoa that one is OLD
16:18 talljoy1 joined #koha
16:18 jcamins_away libsysguy: not necessary,  no.
16:19 libsysguy okay just double checking
16:19 libsysguy today is my QA day
16:19 jcamins_away Yay!
16:20 jcamins_away qa_day++
16:20 libsysguy yeah
16:20 libsysguy I'm QA-ing one of your patches now
16:20 libsysguy :p
16:20 jcamins_away Yay!
16:21 libsysguy I have to admit, you're 2 step test plan is confusing on bug 9049
16:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9049 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , rebuild_zebra should not use shadow when called with -r
16:21 talljoy2 joined #koha
16:22 jcamins_away libsysguy: I've been told that other people who have faster computers don't have a merge phase.
16:22 libsysguy oh…I got a merge phase
16:22 libsysguy and I'd like to think my computer is pretty quick
16:22 oleonard Who you callin' old libsysguy? :P
16:22 * jcamins_away doesn't know what makes the difference, then.
16:22 libsysguy so am I supposed to see it
16:23 jcamins_away Not after the patch.
16:23 libsysguy or if I do see it does that mean it failed
16:23 libsysguy hm
16:23 jcamins_away If you see it after the patch, that means the patch failed, yes.
16:23 libsysguy thats why I was confused
16:23 libsysguy wajasu appears to have gotten it and signed off on the patch
16:23 jcamins_away Or that I was misunderstanding the cryptic log messages from Zebra, which is quite possible.
16:24 libsysguy well it is such a simple patch
16:24 jcamins_away He got the Merge before the patch, but not after.
16:24 libsysguy i see
16:24 libsysguy well I get it after
16:24 libsysguy lol
16:24 * libsysguy hates failing patche
16:25 jcamins_away Do you get a message about enabling shadow after, too?
16:25 libsysguy in the log?
16:25 jcamins_away Right.
16:26 libsysguy no
16:26 libsysguy it looks like it sorts the sections
16:26 libsysguy merges
16:26 jcamins_away Did you get the message before the patch?
16:26 libsysguy well it probably would have been helpful to check that before I applied the patch
16:26 libsysguy let me unset and check
16:27 * jcamins_away has always had a perfect correlation between merge and shadow, but doesn't claim to understand the Zebra log.
16:28 libsysguy I'll re-index without the patch and see what I get
16:30 jcamins_away The patch may simply not work, of course.
16:31 * libsysguy has faith in a patch from jcamins
16:32 libsysguy :p
16:32 libsysguy if I see shadow in the logs i would be inclined to say you were wrong about merge in the logs
16:32 libsysguy however if they look the same I'd say the patch doesn't work
16:33 jcamins_away Agreed.
16:34 alex_a left #koha
16:34 jcamins_away The merge/no-merge thing may have to do with the fact that both wajasu and I are using lxc and strangely configured filesystems, I suppose.
16:36 gerundio what's your opinion about the Kiritaki Koha android app?
16:36 libsysguy jcamins_away: without the patch I occasionally see the line Moving to flat shadow: recdB
16:36 gerundio from the description I couldn't really understand what it does
16:36 libsysguy which was not there with the patch
16:55 jcamins_away libsysguy_afk: yeah, sounds like I just don't understand the logs.
16:55 jcamins_away gerundio: it's just a basic search thing.
16:55 jcamins_away I think.
16:56 cait joined #koha
17:00 melia joined #koha
17:00 gerundio jcamins_away, it looks like it for the moment
17:01 gerundio
17:01 gerundio but the objectives look promissing
17:02 jcamins_away I think it's another project pending sponsorship.
17:04 drojf basic unauthenticated search in the opac (aka passing an url and showing a webpage i suppose) is v1.2? interesting
17:04 drojf maybe i'm missing some detail
17:05 jcamins_away drojf: I think it's a demo of how cool the Koha web services API is.
17:06 drojf ah :)
17:07 mib_1rug2b hi! anyone som can help me with installation? uknow if koha create failed (got an empty database) or if there's something wrong with apache conf
17:07 jcamins_away mib_1rug2b: probably the Apache configuration.
17:07 jcamins_away The koha-create command does not populate the database.
17:07 thd-away joined #koha
17:08 mib_1rug2b ok good to know :)
17:08 jcamins_away If the database was created, then probably you just need to adjust the VirtualHost directive, add a Listen to /etc/apache2/ports.conf, or correct a DNS entry.
17:09 mib_1rug2b i have my website on the server. wants to have koha on special port. like for opac and mywebsite:81 for admin
17:09 jcamins_away In that case, you'll need to add Listen directives to /etc/apache2/ports.conf.
17:10 mib_1rug2b ok. i did the virtualhost directive i /etc/apache2/sites-enabled but nothing i etc/apache2/ports.conf
17:10 mib_1rug2b thanks i'm gonna look
17:11 oleonard Patch for Bug 8108 rebased, thanks for testing khall
17:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8108 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Remove unused images from the OPAC
17:11 jcamins_away plack?
17:11 wahanui Plack is a FastCGI thingy that works with Koha. See for more information.
17:11 jcamins_away dracoling: ^^
17:12 mib_1rug2b jcamins_away : thanks. got it working
17:12 dracoling jcamins_away: thanks
17:19 khall oleonard, it looks like those images are still referenced in some css files
17:20 khall I imagine we need to either fix the css files, or delete them if they are cruft.
17:20 oleonard Fail it and I'll check it
17:20 khall will do
17:21 jcamins_away I think the sanop.css, at least, is cruft.
17:21 khall that was my suspicion
17:24 jcamins_away oleonard: I just had a thought... do all modern browsers support CSS includes?
17:24 oleonard What do you mean by CSS includes?
17:24 jcamins_away @include ([whatever the syntax is]
17:24 huginn jcamins_away: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
17:25 oleonard Yes, all modern browsers support that
17:25 jcamins_away I don't know why I didn't think of it before. We could simply replace the staff-global.css and opac.css files with @include() things.
17:25 jcamins_away The ones in CCSR.
17:26 oleonard I don't see what you're getting at
17:26 jcamins_away There's a stale reference to an image in staff-global.css in the CCSR theme.
17:26 jcamins_away You already removed an identical reference from the file in prog.
17:27 jcamins_away The staff-global.css for the CCSR theme is almost identical to that in prog.
17:27 jcamins_away I think it has ~3 differences.
17:27 jcamins_away However, because of the way we have Apache configured, I had to copy all the CSS over anyway.
17:28 oleonard I don't understand, CCSR doesn't have a staff component
17:28 jcamins_away That's a good point.
17:28 * jcamins_away doesn't understand why Kyle's grep turned up staff-global.css in a ccsr directory.
17:28 oleonard it didn't, it turned up a reference in staff-global.css to a file which is named the same as one in the OPAC
17:29 jcamins_away Right, so, the idea still applies to opac.css.
17:29 oleonard That line isn't actually relevant, meaning the only problem references are in sanop.css
17:29 * jcamins_away will be quiet now.
17:31 oleonard I still don't understand what you were trying to get at jcamins_away, but I think @include doesn't really offer any advantage that the regular cascade of <link>ed stylesheets doesn't have
17:31 jcamins_away oleonard: but we don't want to forcibly include all prog stylesheets when rendering non-prog pages.
17:32 oleonard No... Do we do that?
17:32 jcamins_away No.
17:32 jcamins_away Which is good.
17:33 jcamins_away But it means we have duplicate stale definitions in non-prog themes.
17:34 oleonard ?
17:34 jcamins_away By making CSS in non-prog themes contain overridden elements only and include the prog stylesheets, we get to cut down on the amount of cruft.
17:34 jcamins_away koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/ccsr/en/opac.css is nearly identical to koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/opac.css.
17:35 oleonard Oh, you're saying non-prog themes should include prog/opac.css by default and only override what is necessary
17:35 jcamins_away Yes.
17:35 jcamins_away I suspect when I copied opac.css I didn't know that was possible.
17:36 gerundio you're talking about[…]/docs/CSS/@import, right?
17:36 jcamins_away Yes.
17:36 jcamins_away @import not @include
17:36 huginn jcamins_away: downloading the Perl source
17:36 jcamins_away Available as of IE 5.5.
17:36 oleonard I'm not sure that is really more efficient jcamins_away.
17:36 jcamins_away It is in terms of reducing bugs.
17:37 oleonard Why?
17:37 gerundio btw, the existence of the same CSS file in 2 places should be considered if you want to run the 2 instances separately
17:37 jcamins_away Because right now if there's a problematic CSS definition in prog, we change it, but might leave it the same in ccsr.
17:39 oleonard jcamins_away: But someone could also want to create a theme which differs drastically from prog, and they would have to override many many things rather than start from scratch
17:39 gerundio oleonard, not really, they just would have to remove the @include instruction on the beginning of the CSS file
17:39 jcamins_away oleonard: right, in that case that person should not use @import to import the prog CSS.
17:40 jcamins_away I'm not saying it should be a requirement for *all* themes.
17:40 oleonard Okay, I misunderstood
17:40 oleonard I would make sense to @import prog/opac.css for CCSR in that case
17:41 jcamins_away When we have a theme that is basically the same as prog but with just enough incompatible change that it would break things for everyone else, we should use @import.
17:41 oleonard ...or just <link> it.
17:41 jcamins_away Oh, because we do that in a .inc file.
17:41 jcamins_away Good call.
17:41 jcamins_away I hadn't thought of that.
17:43 jcamins_away Anyway, my point was, I think that's a good idea, and I wanted to know what you thought.
17:47 oleonard I think it's a good idea for theme developers who are comfortable with working with CSS overrides.
17:49 oleonard Is there a good reason for requiring that the user configure colors.css for the CCSR theme?
17:49 jcamins_away I don't think so- all that CSS could be moved into opac.css.
17:50 * oleonard would like to see that happen
17:52 jcamins_away We should check with maximep to be sure.
17:53 jcamins_away maximep: is there any reason that the CSS in colors.css shouldn't be moved to opac.css?
17:53 gaetan_B in authorities framework one can define a summary, when searching for a specific authority type at opac, the results display both the summary and a standardized concatenation of the authority
17:53 gaetan_B is it because of the way my default authority is set up or is it a bug ?
17:54 gaetan_B (my default authority has no summary)
17:54 jcamins_away gaetan_B: I was told it was a feature. My original patch included the summary only, and I was asked for a follow-up that included the standardized concatenation.
17:54 gaetan_B hmm
17:54 jcamins_away So, bug.
17:55 gaetan_B what was the original bz ?
17:57 jcamins_away Bug 3462, maybe?
17:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3462 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Link see also in authorities
17:59 * oleonard cuts out early
18:02 gerundio have a nice weekend everyone
18:16 gaetan_B bye !
18:29 rangi kiritakikoha does searches, and holds, including searching via barcode
18:30 rangi it's a learning tool for teaching android programming, some more students will be working on it in january adding some more features
18:30 jcamins_away Oh, I thought it was a demo of how cool webservice APIs are.
18:30 rangi nope
18:30 jcamins_away (hint: they're very cool!)
18:34 drojf jcamins_away: how would i get the marc record loaded in your T::T plugin? i thought i would do something like $template->param(mymarc => $record); in my perl file for the [% USE record = MARC(mymarc) %] but that does not work
18:34 jcamins_away drojf: that is how you would do it.
18:34 jcamins_away khall reports that it doesn't work.
18:34 drojf Template process failed: plugin error - Type of arg 1 to push must be array (not hash element) at /home/mirko/koha/Koha/Template/Plugin/ line 225, near "$fieldobj;"
18:35 drojf ah ok
18:36 jcamins_away Hm... I think I see what the problem is, though I don't see why it would be an issue.
18:36 jcamins_away Or, rather, why it wasn't an issue when I used the script yesterday.
18:37 drojf rangi: it's a student project? that's cool.
18:37 drojf jcamins_away: something magical you left out of the patch? :)
18:37 rangi catalyst academy
18:38 jcamins_away Okay, try that one.
18:38 jcamins_away Both patches work for me, oddly.
18:39 jcamins_away If that doesn't work, I'll troubleshoot further when I have a few spare minutes at home.
18:46 drojf jcamins_away: doesn't work for me
18:46 jcamins_away drojf: you can set it back to "Failed QA," and I'll try to troubleshoot it when I'm at home.
18:47 jcamins_away Same error message?
18:49 pastebot "drojf" at pasted "error bug 9202" (9 lines) at
18:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9202 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Failed QA , TT plugin to allow direct display of MARC::Records
18:50 jcamins_away Oh, different ones.
18:51 * drojf walks off for shopping
18:52 jcamins_away I wonder if it's because I have Perl 5.14.
18:54 jcamins_away Yup.
18:54 jcamins_away That is indeed the case.
18:56 jcamins_away Interesting.
18:56 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
19:00 drojf perl 5.14? that's witchcraft
19:06 drojf first person to click through my post-workshop evaluation survey voted 'chance we will be using koha increased by workshop' and 'will definitely use/recommend to my people' \o/
19:06 jcamins_away \o/
19:06 jcamins_away Now I know what the problem is, I fixed it.
19:06 * drojf tries the walking off/shopping thing again
19:06 drojf cool
19:06 drojf will try when i'm back
19:07 logbot joined #koha
19:07 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software The next general meeting is 9 January 2013 10:00 UTC
19:07 drojf i confirm that it works :) try to break it later
19:08 Irma joined #koha
19:11 tcohen joined #koha
19:15 jcamins_away Yay!
19:17 slef jcamins_away: same here but most of the time, I've no idea what the problem is. That's the problem. ;-)
19:18 slef arrrrrgh recursion infinite loop firey death arrrrgh
19:18 jcamins_away lol
19:18 slef wahanui: seventh question?
19:18 wahanui no idea, slef
19:18 jcamins_away eighth question?
19:18 jcamins_away sixth question?
19:18 wahanui somebody said sixth question was "Why are you still asking wahanui?" or "How bored are you?"
19:18 slef wahanui: seventh question? is <reply> are you really this bored?
19:18 wahanui slef: i haven't a clue
19:18 slef wahanui: seventh question is <reply> are you really this bored?
19:18 wahanui slef: i don't know
19:19 slef wahanui: seventh question is <reply> "are you really this bored?"
19:19 wahanui OK, slef.
19:19 jcamins_away You can also do a regex substitute thing.
19:19 slef wahanui: eight question is "come on now - haven't you got homes to go to?"
19:19 wahanui OK, slef.
19:19 slef oops
19:20 slef wahanui: eighth question is "come on now - haven't you got homes to go to?"
19:20 wahanui OK, slef.
19:20 slef wahanui: forget eight question
19:20 wahanui slef: I forgot eight question
19:20 slef fifth question?
19:20 wahanui fifth question is "Are we there yet?"
19:20 mib_1rug2b joined #koha
19:21 slef first question?
19:21 wahanui "What are you trying to do?" or "What is the goal?"
19:22 rangi[…]ken-by-earthquake
19:23 jcamins_away Yikes!
19:25 Irma joined #koha
19:26 slef "The largest quake to hit New Zealand this morning was a 5.8 quake which struck at 7.19am. It was 175 kilometres deep and centred 20km south east of Tokoroa. It was felt widely throughout the central North Island, as far north as Auckland and as far south as Marlborough. The quake was one of 24 quakes."
19:26 rangi i didnt feel it
19:26 slef rangi: yebbut you're insensitive, aren't you?
19:27 rangi heh too earthquakes yep
19:31 rangi heh
19:31 * rangi ignores the architecture thread
19:32 * cait thinks rangi is insensitive to architecture threads too
19:32 rangi heh
19:33 * jcamins_away considers responding: No. / What does that even mean? The manual at discusses what the system does. / The "client" is a web browser. The server is a traditional LAMP server." / There is not.
19:34 rangi yeah thats about it
19:34 jcamins_away Maybe I should, actually.
19:34 jcamins_away See if we can cut off the silliness at the head.
19:34 jcamins_away *head off at the cut
19:34 jcamins_away *whatever
19:40 cait looks like someone wants us to do his homework
19:40 rangi it does
19:41 Irma joined #koha
19:43 * jcamins_away responded.
19:43 jcamins_away Last response to that thread.
19:43 jcamins_away (from me)
19:44 * jcamins_away hopes no one else wastes their time on that one. Test patches, don't feed trolls.
19:44 rangi :)
19:44 jcamins_away That should be in the mailing list footer.
19:45 cait rangi: can you add that to the quotes in bugzilla? :)
19:45 jcamins_away "Respect the Koha community: test patches, don't feed trolls."
19:45 cait @quote add jcamins: test patches, don't feed trolls.
19:45 huginn cait: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
19:45 cait meh.
19:46 rangi added to bugzilla
19:50 druthb @quote add jcamins: test patches, don't feed trolls.
19:50 huginn druthb: The operation succeeded.  Quote #222 added.
19:51 * druthb sets out pans of troll-chow on the perimeter, to draw them away.
19:58 libsysguy joined #koha
19:59 cait thx rangi++ and druthb++
19:59 druthb @karma
19:59 huginn druthb: Highest karma: "rangi" (706), "oleonard" (602), and "jcamins" (460).  Lowest karma: "<!" (-112), "failed" (-95), and "-" (-68).  You (druthb) are ranked 14 out of 2318.
19:59 druthb @most increased
19:59 huginn druthb: "rangi": 711, "oleonard": 607, "jcamins": 462, "wizzyrea": 357, "cait": 343, "gmcharlt": 335, "chris_n": 310, "paul_p": 273, "sekjal": 245, "nengard": 232, "kf": 219, "magnuse": 193, "slef": 170, "druthb": 162, "eythian": 150, "fredericd": 95, "hdl": 69, "marcelr": 65, "biblibre": 65, "mveron": 64, "hdl_laptop": 60, "mtj": 56, "jwagner": 54, "tcohen": 52, and "drojf": 51
20:00 cait oh i almost caught up with wizzyrea :)
20:00 druthb If it actually knew that kf and cait were the same person, you'd be third.
20:00 cait some people gave both karma... so we will never be able to figure it out :)
20:01 jcamins_away @karma kf
20:01 huginn jcamins_away: Karma for "kf" has been increased 219 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 219.
20:01 jcamins_away @karma cait
20:01 huginn jcamins_away: Karma for "cait" has been increased 343 times and decreased 1 time for a total karma of 342.
20:01 jcamins_away I thought your karma had been combined.
20:01 jcamins_away @karma jcamins_away
20:01 huginn jcamins_away: Karma for "jcamins_away" has been increased 20 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 20.
20:01 * druthb thinks they should be.
20:04 rambutan joined #koha
20:31 mib_1rug2b joined #koha
20:34 jcamins_away wtf?
20:35 * jcamins_away leaves
20:39 drojf lol if that is the answer he should work on the question
20:40 * drojf wonders where to find the percentage of perl in the picture
20:54 drojf i kicked the squeeze (now 3.10) repo out of[…]on_Debian_Squeeze and left only oldstable (3.8) in. i'm not doing anything more to that page (like set up Koha_3.10_on_Debian_Squeeze for now as 3.10 packages are broken
21:04 libsysguy @karma libsysguy
21:04 huginn libsysguy: Karma for "libsysguy" has been increased 31 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 31.
21:04 libsysguy @karma jcamins
21:04 huginn libsysguy: Karma for "jcamins" has been increased 462 times and decreased 2 times for a total karma of 460.
21:17 drojf @karma drojf
21:17 huginn drojf: Karma for "drojf" has been increased 51 times and decreased 2 times for a total karma of 49.
21:20 libsysguy argh drojf you win again
21:20 libsysguy this one should be good:
21:20 libsysguy @karma rangi
21:20 huginn libsysguy: Karma for "rangi" has been increased 711 times and decreased 5 times for a total karma of 706.
21:20 libsysguy darn, I was hoping it was OVER 9000!!!!
21:21 cait are you too playing a game here?
21:21 maximep left #koha
21:22 libsysguy maybeee
21:23 cait you 2
21:23 libsysguy can't take us anywhere
21:23 cait can never get too/to/2 right
21:23 cait hmpf
21:23 libsysguy heh
21:23 libsysguy well if you are talking about the band it's U2
21:23 libsysguy :p
21:24 cait lol
21:24 cait I think i tmight be time to go to sleep :)
21:24 cait bye #koha
21:24 cait left #koha
21:41 rambutan joined #koha
22:16 rambutan joined #koha
22:28 mib_1rug2b joined #koha
22:45 tcohen joined #koha
22:55 rangi we know what broke the unit tests in master eh?
22:57 rangi acbfe26c9ef6e40f4509babd6e1d39e1762e13e3
22:57 rangi in case ppl are wondering
22:59 libsysguy who's commit id is that
22:59 rangi ah yep, there is a patch for it, just signed off
23:00 libsysguy git blame
23:00 wahanui git blame is handy, but it's just one tool in our debugging arsenal
23:00 libsysguy git blame
23:00 wahanui git blame is handy, but it's just one tool in our debugging arsenal
23:00 libsysguy git point --finger?
23:01 rangi blame isnt really useful for anything imho
23:01 rangi i dont care who broke something, i care who will fix it
23:01 libsysguy i know, but its fun to say
23:01 rangi yep
23:02 rangi bug 7919
23:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7919 new feature, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Display of values depending on the connexion library (authorised values, patron categories, extended attributes)
23:02 rangi easy qa on that libsysguy :)
23:02 libsysguy heh
23:02 rangi before the patch the unit tests explode
23:02 libsysguy I've got my eye set on a project of a different kind atm
23:02 rangi after they pass
23:02 libsysguy :p
23:02 rangi and it only touches the test file
23:03 libsysguy oh fine you talked me into it
23:03 libsysguy :p
23:03 rangi it will allow the packages to build again, so easy fix for an annoying problem
23:07 libsysguy done
23:07 rangi ta
23:07 rangi libsysguy++
23:08 thd-away` joined #koha
23:08 libsysguy np
23:08 libsysguy I needed a little break
23:25 jenkins_koha joined #koha
23:26 tcohen whats broken?
23:26 wahanui broken is not what we want.
23:35 jcamins_away Ah.
23:37 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_7919' into 3.12-master <[…]f6549b0c964f50d4d> / Bug 7919: Fix unit test (Members_AttributeTypes.t) <[…]525f12adaf36b7122>
23:37 drojf jcamins_away: so far marc in T::T works well for me. i will play more with it tomorrow and sign off if nothing funny is happening
23:40 jenkins_koha joined #koha
23:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #970 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #966 3 days 9 hr ago)
23:43 jenkins_koha Starting build #246 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #60 7 mo 14 days ago)
23:44 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #246: STILL FAILING in 8 min 19 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/246/
23:45 rangi http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/246/
23:45 rangi check it out
23:45 rangi I've tried to get it identify problems
23:45 rangi to help people spot the failure cause faster
23:47 rangi also http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]
23:47 tcohen bye every1, happy weekend
23:48 rangi cya tcohen

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary