IRC log for #koha, 2012-11-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 maximep left #koha
00:33 sophie_m joined #koha
00:48 sophie_m joined #koha
01:06 sophie_m left #koha
01:09 mib_msrcng joined #koha
01:10 mib_msrcng Hello can any one help me i want restrict download in my koha install to only users that signup, pls how can i do that
01:11 mtj you want to restrict…. download?
01:11 mib_msrcng yes
01:11 mtj you want to restrict…. the downloading of what?
01:12 mib_msrcng the downloading of eresources
01:12 mtj hmm, koha has no functionality to do that, currently
01:12 mib_msrcng I have a koha install that has the marc records of the world public library
01:13 mtj the quick fix is to use jquery to hide those links on the opac page, for users not logged in
01:14 mib_msrcng Ok, so please how do i go about that
01:14 mib_msrcng Please can u be of assistance to me
01:15 mib_msrcng i will be most greatful
01:16 mtj sorry, i am too busy now to help you with that :/
01:17 mib_msrcng ok, can u give me a link to a guide on thata
01:19 mtj just google 'jquery tutorials'
01:22 mtj mib_msrcng, ooh, here is a good link ->[…]ki/JQuery_Library
01:22 mtj …. customising koha using jquery :)
01:23 mtj mib_msrcng, ->[…]ery_Library#Hide_.27Save_Record.27_Box_in_OPAC
01:23 mtj … that jquery example hides the 'Save Record' Box in OPAC
01:24 mtj so, your jquery will be something like that
01:25 Irma joined #koha
01:26 mtj $("#export").remove();
01:27 mtj … hides the 'save record' link
01:27 mtj if ($("#logout").length) { $("#export").remove();   }
01:27 mtj … hides the 'save record' link, if user is not logged in
01:28 mtj ah, and they've gone :/
01:30 mtj oops, thats if they *are* logged in
01:30 mtj if ($("#logout").length eq 0) { $("#export").remove();   }
01:31 mtj ^^ that might work
01:32 mtj a conversation for the #koha log, i guess...
01:35 mib_3bigdi joined #koha
01:36 mib_3bigdi Pls is it possible to know the e-resources viewed by each patron in koha
01:47 jcamins_away Not at present.
01:49 mtj haay, jcamins_away  - i think i discovered a way to dev on plack, without needing a restart
01:49 mtj it was the -R ./your/koha  arg
01:50 mtj so far, it seems to be working ok
02:16 cait1 joined #koha
02:52 jdattetakere joined #koha
04:22 Irma joined #koha
04:47 Oak joined #koha
04:47 * Oak waves
05:08 thd-away joined #koha
05:12 wajasu joined #koha
05:13 wajasu congrats on the 3.8.7 release
05:42 Oak :)
06:40 * magnuse waves
06:43 * cait1 waves back
06:43 magnuse :-)
06:59 WaqarAzeem joined #koha
07:33 asaurat joined #koha
07:37 cait1 @wunder Konstanz
07:37 huginn cait1: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 5.2°C (8:35 AM CET on November 23, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Steady).
07:37 cait1 @wunder Stuttgart
07:38 huginn cait1: Error: No such location could be found.
07:38 sophie_m joined #koha
07:38 cait1 @wunder Stuttgart, Germany
07:38 huginn cait1: Error: No such location could be found.
07:38 cait1 hmpf.
07:38 magnuse @wunder boo
07:38 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 6.0°C (8:20 AM CET on November 23, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 70%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Steady).
07:38 reiveune joined #koha
07:38 magnuse w00t!
07:39 reiveune hello
07:39 wahanui hola, reiveune
07:39 magnuse hiya reiveune
07:39 reiveune salut magnuse :)
07:39 sophie_m hello #koha
07:48 julian_m joined #koha
07:52 Oak joined #koha
07:53 cait1 hi all :)
08:00 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:00 gaetan_B hello
08:11 paul_p joined #koha
08:11 paul_p good morning #koha !
08:17 magnuse kia ora paul_p
08:20 paul_p seems there are problems with koha-devel, exactly as with koha-bugs & koha-commit :((((
08:23 laurence joined #koha
08:27 rangi the mail server is running? the queue not jammed?  messages aren't bouncing back
08:27 paul_p rangi hdl & lducos are investigating...
08:28 cait-m joined #koha
08:32 cait-m hi #koha
08:35 cait-m joined #koha
08:44 cait-m_ joined #koha
08:58 cait-m_ joined #koha
09:16 cait joined #koha
09:18 * cait waves
09:19 cait @wunder Konstanz
09:19 huginn cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 7.0°C (10:00 AM CET on November 23, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.21 in 1023 hPa (Rising).
09:29 * magnuse waves to cait
09:30 cait :)
09:55 Irma left #koha
10:16 lms joined #koha
10:20 * magnuse has booked the trip to marseille in march! (well, flying to nice to be exact)
10:20 cait !!
10:20 magnuse :-)
10:21 * magnuse takes along the whole family
10:21 cait ooh
10:21 cait where are you going to stay?
10:22 magnuse not sure yet
10:22 magnuse but we will rent an appartment in marseille for the hackfest
10:22 magnuse looks a lot cheaper than a hotel
10:22 magnuse and lots to choose from
10:23 magnuse then we will probably stay in nice for the whole easter week, renting another apartment
10:23 cait ah cool
10:24 cait sounds nice!
10:24 cait I would like to go too
10:27 * magnuse would like cait to go too
10:30 cait aaw
10:55 cait paul_p: any news about the mailing lists?
10:55 cait I get bug mails where I am cc'd to the bug, but not from the list?
10:56 paul_p cait= hdl is investigating...
10:56 cait hope he can solve it
10:56 cait announcing a release with broken mailing lists could be ahard ;)
10:56 paul_p yep...
10:58 * cait will psend lots of time on trains today
11:02 laurence left #koha
11:03 gaetan_B bye
11:06 gerundio joined #koha
11:10 thd-away` joined #koha
11:26 * magnuse got a couple messages from the lists now!
11:58 tcohen joined #koha
12:01 cait joined #koha
12:02 gerundio joined #koha
12:03 * cait waves
12:03 tcohen hi cait
12:03 cait hi tomas :)
12:04 tcohen just got my cup of coffee
12:04 tcohen so i'll be 100% awake in a few minutes
12:04 cait just arrived in stuttgart, but my exam only starts in 2 hours
12:05 tcohen will be testing a Porsche?
12:06 cait hehe no
12:07 cait written exam for a course in my distance study
12:11 tcohen good luck then
12:11 tcohen i should finish writting my bachellor thesis
12:11 tcohen maybe this weekend i'll start
12:11 tcohen :-D
12:20 cait hehe yes you sould :)
12:33 paul_p mailing lists are back... the anti-virus/anti-spam had been shut down by linux kernel, due to too much RAM consumption...
12:35 magnuse stupid kernel... ;-)
12:36 jwagner joined #koha
12:38 cait oh wow
12:38 cait sounds hard to catch that
12:38 cait magnuse: did you get a change to try a writeoff?
12:39 magnuse cait: gah, no
12:43 cait paul_p: I can still reproduce it in my installation, trying to gather some more information
12:43 cait paul_p: the writeoff bug that is
12:43 tcohen joined #koha
12:44 paul_p cait = on my way to release 3.10.0 today. I'll add the 3 BLO as a warning.
12:44 cait ah
12:44 cait yourmail just got through
12:44 cait guess it was from yesterday then?
12:44 paul_p cait yep :(
12:45 cait hm
12:45 cait stupid kernel
12:46 cait i can still investigate a bit more, I have time to kill and some books to avoid looking at :)
12:46 tcohen kernel problem? what distro?
12:47 cait tcohen: i was referring to what paul said earlier about the problem with the mailing lists
12:47 cait paul_p: could you post how your database entry for the working writeoff in accountlines looks like?
12:54 cait ew - has subs and sql outside of C4?
12:55 paul_p cait = done
12:55 cait thx
12:56 cait I think i am starting to get an idea
12:57 cait paul_p: does your test system have more accounts with fines? or is this the only one?
12:57 paul_p cait what do you mean with "more accounts with fines" ?
12:57 cait different borrowers with fines
12:57 paul_p OK, got it, another patron with fines. I don't think so
12:57 paul_p checking... nope, this is the only one
12:58 cait could you try on another?
12:58 * paul_p tries to add a fine to someone else & try again
13:00 cait i suspect a confusion of numbers, accountno and accountlines_id...but so far mostly a guess
13:01 jcamins Good morning, #koha
13:01 cait hi jcamins
13:03 paul_p cait++ !!!
13:03 cait hah!
13:03 paul_p I can reproduce the problem = just have more than 1 patron with fines !
13:03 cait awesome
13:03 paul_p Date Description of charges Note Amount Outstanding Print
13:03 paul_p 23/11/2012 Writeoff  55.00 0.00 Print
13:03 paul_p 23/11/2012 Copier Fees  55.00 55.00 Print
13:03 cait well, a first step
13:03 wahanui a first step is the whole workout. Done.
13:03 paul_p Total due 55.00
13:04 cait scary thought,... but if it confuses numbers... would it be possible you accidently mess with fines on another patron's account?
13:04 cait I hope not
13:06 cait hm nah, it's probably something else going wrong
13:06 cait at least it's reproducable now
13:11 cait ew
13:11 cait $template->param(
13:11 cait error => sprintf( 'You must pay a value less than or equal to %f.2',
13:11 cait $total_due )
13:12 cait untranslatable error message in .pl file
13:12 jcamins Yikes.
13:15 jcamins I don't have any problems with the pagination in the OPAC authority browser.
13:15 jcamins Oh, wait, there we go.
13:15 jcamins It's if you click arrows.
13:15 cait paul_p: I am stuck in the paycollect template - and have to go write an exam now
13:16 cait maybe someone can track it down now
13:16 paul_p cait = don't worry, i'm on it
13:16 paul_p cait = I think it's just WriteOffFee in C4/ that uses accountno instead of accountline_id
13:16 cait the information passed to paycollect looks correct to me for writing off an invidual fee - but nto sure what's going on in ther ethen
13:16 paul_p cait good luck/work for your exam
13:17 cait thx
13:17 cait would be more fun to find out what's going wrong in koha :)
13:18 cait bye all, bbl
13:21 jcamins paul_p: when you release 3.10, you should update the version on 3.10.x, and I'll cherry-pick it to master.
13:22 paul_p jcamins yep, that's what I planned to do. You'll also have to deal with translations: 3 patches, one creating ccsr.po, one adding italian ccsr.po, one adding all other translations merge from repo)
13:23 jcamins I will not cherry-pick the new po files from tamil to master, actually, because druthb_away is going to be splitting the repos.
13:34 paul_p jcamins = if you cherry pick them from 3.10.x branch, that won't cost "anything" in terms of size.
13:34 paul_p jcamins = did you had a nice thanksgiving ?
13:34 jcamins paul_p: yes, it was very nice.
13:35 paul_p jcamins was the turkey happy ? ( ;-) )
13:35 jcamins We had duck. :)
13:35 paul_p OK, so one turkey happy and one duck not ;-)
13:35 jcamins Two ducks, actually.
13:35 jcamins Right now I'm making broth out of the scraps.
13:35 paul_p a couple ? I hope you haven't separated 2 pairs of lovers...
13:36 paul_p (kidding...)
13:36 jcamins lol
13:37 paul_p jcamins & anyone else = URGENT signoff required on bug 9122 ! (it's blocking the release)
13:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9122 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Writing off fees broken
13:38 jcamins I will take a look.
13:40 jcamins I don't see any change with or without the patch.
13:40 jcamins And writing things off works.
13:42 paul_p jcamins = look at comment 12,
13:43 paul_p jcamins = everything is OK if you have only 1 patron with fines...
13:43 jcamins Ah.
13:43 paul_p because in this case accountno=accountlines_id :\
13:44 paul_p but obviously, WriteOffFee is called with accoundlines_id, and before the patch it does UPDATE WHERE accountno=?, so it's wrong
13:44 jcamins Umm...
13:44 jcamins Still can't reproduce.
13:44 jcamins I'll add more fines.
13:45 paul_p jcamins = add a fine to another patron, to have 2 different patrons with fines
13:45 jcamins I did that.
13:48 paul_p look at members/, line 208 and line 92, and C4/WriteOffFee, to check that we're not using the variable that is sent.
13:49 paul_p jcamins = look at members/, line 208 and line 92, and C4/WriteOffFee, to check that we're not using the variable that is sent. So it can't be OK, if it work for you it's just because accountno=accountlines_id because you' lucky
13:49 jcamins Yeah, I can't sign off on this because I can't reproduce it no matter how many fines I create.
14:05 jcamins Ooh, I think I got it.
14:06 jcamins Yeah, got it.
14:06 jcamins And...
14:06 jcamins the patch fixes it.
14:07 magnuse woohoo!
14:07 jcamins I tried adding fines to a third patron, and that did it.
14:07 magnuse cait++ paul_p++ jcamins++
14:08 jcamins Signed off.
14:08 wahanui signed off is the queue the QA team should watch
14:08 paul_p jcamins OK, will pass QA myself on this one, because it's a tiny patch, and I want to release today ;-)
14:09 jcamins paul_p: joubu isn't around to QA?
14:09 paul_p well... i'll ask him, you're right
14:09 jcamins Thanks. :)
14:10 paul_p jcamins = can you explain what release-tools/ does exacty ?
14:10 julian_m joined #koha
14:10 paul_p more doc would be welcomed ;-)
14:10 paul_p This script takes care of most of the Koha release process, as it is
14:10 paul_p done by Jared Camins-Esakov and C & P Bibliography Services. This may
14:10 paul_p not perfectly meet the needs of other Release Maintainers and/or
14:10 paul_p organizations.
14:10 paul_p is a little bit short ;-)
14:10 jcamins paul_p: there are hundreds of lines of documentation!
14:11 jcamins I'll add a bit more documentation, though.
14:11 paul_p oops... sorry...
14:11 paul_p just saw the beginning of the script...
14:11 jcamins However, to summarize, it runs the test, and builds and signs things.
14:11 * paul_p should have made perldoc ...
14:14 paul_p jcamins I also don't remember how to upload to, if you can remind me...
14:14 jcamins I always forget too.
14:14 paul_p :\
14:14 jcamins[…]refs/heads/master
14:15 paul_p thx !
14:16 paul_p jcamins and how do you edit /home/uploads/files/include/header.html ? you have the SSH permission ?
14:16 jcamins paul_p: yeah.
14:16 jcamins Just SSH in and use vim.
14:16 paul_p jcamins = and do you have permission to give me permission ?
14:17 jcamins I do not, but I think you should already have permission.
14:17 jcamins Your user is paulp
14:17 paul_p jcamins OK, i'm on it, thx
14:18 jcamins Okay, so I need to push 9122.
14:19 paul_p jcamins I can edit the file, everything OK, thx
14:20 jcamins Pushed.
14:20 paul_p thx
14:21 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 9122: fix the problem when writing-off a fine <[…]beb37b97f79998be1>
14:29 jenkins_koha Starting build #949 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:41 laurence joined #koha
14:43 julian_m joined #koha
14:46 tcohen jcamins, did u get my email about db dependent test and sample data?
14:54 maximep joined #koha
14:58 gerundio hi, how can I update the language files on a give koha installation?
14:58 jenkins_koha Starting build #15 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:59 tcohen just do the perl translate install thing
14:59 paul_p jcamins = how long does a ../release-tools/ require ?
14:59 paul_p "Running unit tests" for now...
15:00 jcamins paul_p: 1:09 on my laptop. Probably about 40 minutes on your computer.
15:01 tcohen paul_p, do u know what dataset is used in the automated tests?
15:01 paul_p tcohen nope. I think, but not sure it's the default MARC21 dataset. jcamins must know
15:01 jcamins tcohen: a set consisting of all the sample data plus a patron, a couple of item records, and a few issues.
15:02 tcohen maybe after release we can spend a few minutes talking about bug 9133, maybe next week?
15:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9133 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , We need a data set for db dependent tests
15:02 jcamins Sure.
15:03 jcamins I favor mocking data as much as we can, though.
15:03 tcohen me too, we got some nasty bugs on the mock funcionts, thou
15:03 jcamins What do you mean?
15:04 tcohen for testing holidays stuff we had a add_holiday function that had a bug on it
15:04 jcamins Right, but that's not the fault of mocking data. It's the fault of not having the right data mocked.
15:05 tcohen true
15:05 jcamins And if we could eliminate the need for a MySQL server in the tests, that would be good.
15:06 tcohen do we have guidelines for mocking?
15:07 jcamins No.
15:07 tcohen neither we use mocking libs i guess
15:07 jcamins I will accept any patch that adds useful tests.
15:08 jcamins At some point I'd like to have a complete set of modules for mocking data, but until we actually know what we want to mock it would be premature to write them.
15:08 tcohen there's test::mockmodule and test::mockobject
15:08 jcamins Yes, we use those.
15:08 jcamins Particularly the former.
15:09 jcamins I'm not sure that we actually have any patch using Test::MockObject in Koha yet.
15:09 jcamins Take a look at...
15:09 wajasu is there anything that does "faking" instead of mocking in th eperl world?
15:09 jcamins t/SuggestionEngine_AuthorityFile.t.
15:09 jcamins wajasu: what?
15:10 wajasu google  fake vs mock
15:10 jcamins wajasu: tell me what you want and I'll answer the question.
15:10 tcohen jcamins, i'll take a look at that
15:11 jcamins There are lots of other tests mocking what you want.
15:11 jcamins wajasu: I don't see any meaningful distinction between the two in Perl.
15:12 jcamins If you don't put any tests in a "mocked" subroutine that seems exactly the same as a "fake" subroutine.
15:13 wajasu what i really want to know is, what route are we going to take for doing objects.     bless/Class::Accessor,   Moose or ...
15:13 jcamins Not Moose.
15:14 jcamins Moo is acceptable or bless/Class::Accessor is acceptable.
15:15 jcamins However, massive framework changes are not a viable option in a project organized the way Koha is.
15:15 tcohen jcamins, thanks for the pointer to that mocking example
15:16 jcamins tcohen: there are a bunch of other tests that do it, too.
15:16 tcohen i'll shift my test ideas for holidays from db-dependent into the mock concept
15:16 jcamins tcohen++
15:19 * wajasu conspires with my librarian to write a script to generate auth records from biblios.
15:19 gerundio still regarding translation, I've used the POedit validation feature on the following pt-PT po file http://translate.koha-communit[…]prog-v-3006000.po
15:20 gerundio I got 8 errors
15:20 gerundio this means trouble when using this translation file, right?
15:20 magnuse gerundio: yup, better fix the errors
15:26 NateC joined #koha
15:26 gerundio magnuse, done
15:26 gerundio I still get an error regarding the Project-Id-Version on the po file header
15:27 gerundio is this acceptable?
15:27 gerundio the current value is "Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
15:28 magnuse hm, no idea
15:30 gerundio I can't seem to find any info regarding the correct value to insert there
15:30 wajasu i did test/signoff bug 9049
15:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9049 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , rebuild_zebra should not use shadow when called with -r
15:31 gerundio magnuse, I've checked other languages which are 100% translated
15:32 gerundio and the values don't seem to follow any rule
15:32 gerundio so I just inserted "Koha 3.8 OPAC PT translation" which seems meaningful
15:43 * paul_p testing the 3.10 tarball ...
15:45 jcamins paul_p: that took much longer than I expected. Usually your computer is much faster than mine.
15:45 paul_p jcamins = in fact, it failed. So i'm doing things manually
15:45 paul_p jcamins = like I did for 3.8, that's a process I already made, so it's OK ;-)
15:45 jcamins paul_p: ah. Understandable.
15:56 paul_p OK, test working. Uploading the .tar.gz. jcamins, in less than one hour, you'll be the Release Manager !
15:58 paul_p mmm... jcamins how do you create the .sig ?
15:59 paul_p I've the .MD5, but, as 6 months ago, I've forgotten for the .sig...
15:59 gerundio hi, I've just performed the language update on OPAC
15:59 gerundio and now I'm getting the following error
15:59 gerundio "Template process failed: file error - parse error - line 3: unexpected token (ão)
15:59 gerundio [% Versão %] at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 127."
16:00 gerundio this point to some kind of encoding problem
16:00 jcamins gerundio: looks like you changed a variable name to Versao instead of the string?
16:00 gerundio hmm
16:01 gerundio have no idea how I could do that
16:01 gerundio I used POedit to correct a few errors
16:01 jcamins paul_p: gpg -sb $TARBALL && gpg --clearsign $MD5
16:01 gerundio it doesn't allow to change variable names right?
16:01 paul_p jcamins thx
16:02 jcamins gerundio: that's correct.
16:02 jcamins At least, as far as I understand.
16:02 gerundio I think I see the source of the problem
16:03 gerundio I guess someone decided to translate the following to PT too
16:03 gerundio &lt;?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"ISO-8859-1\"
16:03 gerundio becomes &lt;?xml versão=\"1.0\" codificação=\"ISO-8859-1\"
16:03 jcamins What version?
16:04 paul_p OK, Koha 3.10 uploaded and available on If someone want to test...
16:05 gerundio jcamins, was that question for me? :o
16:05 jcamins gerundio: yes.
16:06 gerundio that string I copy + pasted is just a part of the value from line 5003 on the OPAC pt-PT translation file
16:07 gerundio I think that the words version and enconding should be left as is
16:07 jcamins gerundio: yes, what version of Koha are you looking at?
16:07 gerundio 3.8
16:07 jcamins How did you install the translation?
16:08 jcamins I've never seen it changed like that.
16:08 gerundio I installed it with the script
16:08 magnuse paul_p++
16:08 jcamins gerundio: you should use the translate script.
16:08 gerundio I think the problem is in the translation file itself
16:08 jcamins The instructions outline how to handle translations.
16:09 gerundio btw, the value at line 9310
16:09 gerundio Koha [% Version %]
16:09 gerundio should remain unchanged right?
16:09 jcamins That's correct.
16:09 gerundio the word Version was translated as well :)
16:09 gerundio I'll install again with these 2 corrections
16:10 jcamins You should install it using the translate script.
16:10 gerundio fixed :D
16:10 jcamins Take a look at the INSTALL file for an example.
16:11 gerundio[…]ANET_staff_client
16:11 gerundio are these instructions up to date?
16:12 jcamins Yes they are.
16:12 jcamins And they say very clearly to use the translate script.
16:12 gerundio so I should just run "perl translate install <language-code>" from the ../../misc/translator dir?
16:12 jcamins Right.
16:14 gerundio it "automagically" updates with latest translation files available for a the given koha version and language from the Pootle server?
16:15 jcamins No.
16:15 jcamins Each version is released with the appropriate po files.
16:17 gerundio so, to get the latest changes in I have to use the other method, right?
16:17 jcamins No.
16:17 jcamins You have to use the translate script no matter what.
16:17 jcamins If you want to download new po files you can.
16:18 jcamins You just download them over the existing ones.
16:20 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #949: SUCCESS in 1 hr 51 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/949/
16:20 jenkins_koha Paul Poulain: Bug 9122: fix the problem when writing-off a fine
16:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9122 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , Writing off fees broken
16:20 asaurat left #koha
16:22 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #15: SUCCESS in 1 hr 23 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/15/
16:22 jenkins_koha * f.demians: 3.10.0 Translation Update
16:22 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 9122: fix the problem when writing-off a fine
16:22 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 9018 generated ccsr translation file
16:22 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 9018 Italian translation of ccsr.po
16:22 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bumping version to 3.10.0 and adding sponsors that are were not already written
16:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9018 normal, P5 - low, ---, ruth, NEW , Po file for ccsr theme missing on
16:25 gerundio jcamins, when you say "just download them over the existing ones", you're refering to the ones at /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/po?
16:27 jcamins Right.
16:27 gerundio while we're on it, how does the translation workflow work?
16:28 gerundio I just submitted the po file with some error corrections
16:28 gerundio there's a language manager who will review it?
16:28 jenkins_koha Starting build #16 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:28 jcamins Yes, the translation manager will review it for 3.12.
16:31 gerundio hmm, so it doesn't really matter that I've submitted a file intended for version 3.8?
16:31 jcamins_away Oh, yeah, it could go into 3.8.8.
16:31 jcamins_away If it's versioned for 3.8 and not master.
16:31 gerundio cool
16:31 * jcamins_away has to go.
16:31 jcamins_away Router reboot.
16:32 gerundio cya and thanks for the help :)
16:34 dracolin1 joined #koha
16:35 reiveune bye
16:35 reiveune left #koha
16:36 paul_p jcamins_away = I've a bad news for you = you're now the Release Manager :D :D
16:37 magnuse hehe
16:37 Oak joined #koha
16:37 Oak paul_p++
16:38 jcamins_1way joined #koha
16:39 magnuse yeah paul_p++
16:39 dracolin2 joined #koha
16:39 clrh \o/
16:39 magnuse paul_p: are your awesome "enhanced" release notes available anywhere?
16:39 paul_p magnuse = it's the 1st line of ;-)
16:40 paul_p (PDF version. For an unknown reason, I can't upload the .odt on ("disabled by security")
16:40 * magnuse doesn't see the forest for the trees!
16:40 magnuse thanks paul_p
16:41 Manderson joined #koha
16:42 Oak mister anderson!
16:43 Oak my name, is Neo.
16:44 cait joined #koha
16:45 * cait waves
16:47 Oak cait?
16:47 wahanui cait is qam, not your secretary
16:47 Oak hehe. this one is funny.
16:47 cait yes Oak?
16:47 wahanui i heard Oak was Arslan. I am a student doing masters in Library Science (2nd semester). I am a web developer and work in Joomla. or good
16:47 Oak no i just wanted to see if the 'make slides' one was still on...
16:47 magnuse slides?
16:47 wahanui kf should be writing slides
16:48 Oak ah yes
16:48 magnuse ...and cait is now qam! congrats!
16:48 * magnuse wanders off to make pizza
16:48 Oak cait++
16:48 cait :)
16:48 cait thx magnuse
16:50 Oak wow these release notes are literally awesome:[…]-enhancements.pdf
16:51 cait I still have to read them!
16:51 cait no spoilers :)
16:51 cait hehe
16:51 cait catching up on emails now
16:53 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Update history to reflect 3.10.0 and 3.8.7 releases <[…]aa1d99a5776b84a34> / Adding 3.10 release notes <[…]1093e0a48bf0fc8a5> / Bumping version to 3.10.0 and adding sponsors that are were not already written <[…]web/?p=koha.git;a
16:53 jcamins_1way Okay...
16:53 jcamins Bug 8661.
16:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8661 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , break out additional authors in opac like in staff
16:57 jcamins Oh, never mind. It doesn't look right anyway.
16:58 jenkins_koha Starting build #950 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:58 * Oak hides from paul_p
16:59 paul_p Oak = why do you hide ?
17:00 Oak oh never mind :)
17:02 cait joined #koha
17:08 sekjal joined #koha
17:08 thd-away joined #koha
17:08 gerundio is it possible to upload images on koha to use on the "OpacMainUserBlock"?
17:08 jcamins gerundio: not really, no.
17:08 gerundio thanks jcamins
17:08 Oak me go now.
17:09 cait bye Oak :)
17:10 drojf joined #koha
17:12 lds joined #koha
17:14 tcohen joined #koha
17:17 drojf good evening #koha
17:18 paul_p OK, bye bye #koha, see you on monday !
17:19 drojf oh, habemus 3.10!
17:19 cait bye paul_p and paul_p++
17:19 cait hi drojf :)
17:19 cait my ic stopped in th emiddle of nowhere... is this a good sign?
17:20 drojf cait: you're still on the train?
17:20 drojf but on the way back?
17:20 cait yep
17:20 drojf (i hope)
17:20 cait exam written, on my way back now
17:20 drojf ok :)
17:20 drojf how did it go?
17:20 cait not sure, I never know
17:20 cait the grade will show it
17:20 drojf ok, so it's very good :P
17:21 drojf wow, that's some fancy and extensive release notes.
17:22 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #16: SUCCESS in 53 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/16/
17:22 jenkins_koha Paul Poulain: Adding 3.10 release notes
17:23 drojf and they have my name inside \o/
17:23 laurence left #koha
17:23 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_8664' into 3.12-master <[…]ee84b1aabc9667050> / Bug 8664 - Add floating toolbar with save button to system preferences editor <[…]3d228cbb678a9ab84> / Merge branch 'bug_8758' into 3.12-master <
17:25 cait drojf: congrats :)
17:25 cait 48 pages
17:26 jcamins Okay, I have a problem.
17:26 cait that's quite a bit to read on the train :)
17:26 cait uhoh
17:26 jcamins updatedatabase doesn't work now that I have pushed a patch for 3.11.
17:26 cait hm
17:26 cait why would it do that
17:26 cait or not do that....
17:27 jcamins I don't know.
17:27 jcamins It worked fine to 3.10.0, but now it will not upgrade past that.
17:28 * cait thinks
17:28 jcamins Oh, figured it out.
17:28 cait oh good
17:28 cait becasue I have no idea
17:32 tcohen how is the release notes created? our university name is always broken
17:33 drojf tcohen: it's not broken, it's french spelling :P
17:33 tcohen heh
17:34 jcamins tcohen: it's probably a copy-and-paste problem.
17:34 jcamins For some reason the UTF-8 often gets double-encoded.
17:34 tcohen exactly
17:34 cait tcohen: yeah, git-bz choked on your patches too :( had to do it manually
17:35 tcohen oh, so my git-bz setup might be broken, i'll check
17:35 cait some ascii something warning, I think it was the sponsored by line
17:35 Manderson1 joined #koha
17:35 Manderson1 Hello all
17:36 cait tcohen: not sure it was you, some people touched the patches between you and me :) and might well be my git bz settings, i don't know
17:38 tcohen thanks cait
17:38 drojf i hope i did not touch them. i had a problem with encoding for s short period of time
17:40 jcamins Seriously? Another new mobile interface which isn't shared?
17:41 cait we have one now that w have to maintain
17:41 cait we still have to figure out how to do that I think...
17:41 cait time will show
17:41 jcamins cait: apparently there's no point, since people who actually use mobile interfaces are 100% closed.
17:41 cait hm?
17:42 jcamins If everyone is just going to write their own mobile interface, I don't see much point in Koha having a good mobile interface built in.
17:43 jcamins So really all we need to do to maintain it -- as far as I can see -- is keep it functioning.
17:43 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8163: Click to populate XSLT preferences with "default" or empty values <[…]55fe4559278d534d8>
17:43 jcamins I had visions of the mobile interface being improved, but the CCSR interface works well enough for me now, which I guess is the important thing.
17:44 cait you had visions? :)
17:44 jcamins (because I may be the only one interested in using an open source mobile interface)
17:44 jcamins Well, dreams.
17:44 cait no you are not
17:44 cait a lot of libraries are excited about that
17:44 cait and you are being ironic, right? sarcastic?
17:44 jcamins Not entirely.
17:45 jcamins We're approaching ten distinct mobile interfaces for Koha, and only one of them was shared.
17:45 jcamins Well, two were shared, I suppose, but both _way_ after it was too late for them to be easily integrated.
17:46 jcamins One of them I spent a considerable amount of time to integrate anyway.
17:46 cait I know
17:46 cait but I think libraries love you for that :)
17:46 jcamins Well good.
17:47 jcamins I'll believe it when I see the interface used instead of another dozen libraries paying a small fortune for closed-source mobile interfaces.
17:50 drojf interesting to see they have money for that. i heard of a search rewrite that is said to be very important for koha that could use funding
17:50 cait ah yes
17:51 cait I heard that too....
17:51 * cait sends cookies to jcamins
17:51 cait lots of them
17:51 jcamins :)
18:13 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_8546' into 3.12-master <[…]25ae1c82f1beedf73> / Bug 8546 - Error in description of OPAC Advanced Search Publication date range search <[…]13ad0b1a496172d29> / Bug 8983: Typo in UNIMARCslim2OPACResults.xsl <
18:18 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #950: SUCCESS in 1 hr 20 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/950/
18:18 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bumping version to 3.10.0 and adding sponsors that are were not already written
18:18 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Adding 3.10 release notes
18:18 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Update history to reflect 3.10.0 and 3.8.7 releases
18:20 jenkins_koha Starting build #951 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:23 jcamins This one is going to fail. :(
18:24 samuel joined #koha
18:24 samuel hi everybody
18:28 rangi morning
18:28 rangi paul_p++
18:29 bag morning
18:30 rangi for the record, will we definitely be using the mobile interface that comes with koha
18:30 jcamins Woohoo!
18:30 cait joined #koha
18:30 * rangi has no desire to maintain forks
18:30 jcamins That makes two groups using it!
18:30 cait hm what did I miss? :)
18:30 rangi i said we will be using the koha mobile interface
18:30 jcamins cait: rangi says that Catalyst will not be doing a proprietary mobile interface.
18:32 cait that's very thoughtful of catalyst
18:32 cait I think?
18:32 rangi not thoughtful
18:32 rangi lazy
18:32 rangi who has time to reinvent wheels
18:32 rangi i have space elevators to build
18:32 cait and beamers
18:33 jcamins rangi: everyone else who wants a mobile interface for Koha, it seems like?
18:33 cait that would make kohacons so easy
18:33 cait or koha pizza wednesdays
18:33 jcamins And karma could be sent in the form of real cookies. :)
18:33 wahanui could be sent in the form of real cookies. :) has neutral karma
18:33 * rangi will run the stats for 3.10.0 now
18:34 * jcamins anticipates a fairly good showing from C & P.
18:35 rangi yep
18:35 * cait anticipates quite a disappointment
18:36 rangi i should do 3.8.7 too at some point also
18:45 rangi ok, stats are done
18:45 jcamins Oh, great.
18:45 jcamins Could someone please try logging into an OPAC running 3.10?
18:46 jcamins Using the login link at the top right.
18:46 cait works for me
18:46 cait but it#s a copy from this morning - so I miss the last patches I think
18:47 rangi lemme try
18:48 jcamins Oh, I think this might be a MariaDB thing.
18:48 jcamins Fingers crossed.
18:48 samuel works for me too
18:48 jcamins samuel: you're on latest master?
18:48 jcamins Or new-ish master, anyway.
18:49 rangi ill checkout the tag
18:49 samuel jcamins:yes, the latest
18:49 jcamins samuel: thanks.
18:49 jcamins Yeah, looks like I've encountered some weird MariaDB thing.
18:50 jcamins Or maybe it's a Plack thing.
18:50 jcamins Though I've logged in under Plack and I'm not sure what could have changed.
18:50 rangi yep, 3.10.0 works for me
18:51 * jcamins breathes a sigh of relief.
18:52 jcamins Ohhh.
18:52 jcamins I see the problem.
18:52 jcamins Phew.
18:52 jcamins Nothing to do with Koha.
18:52 rangi :)
18:54 jcamins Sadly tagging fails spectacularly under MariaDB + Plack.
18:55 rangi[…]rt-of-Catalyst-IT
18:57 cait-m_ joined #koha
18:58 * cait-m_ waves
18:58 rangi re cait-m_
18:58 cait-m_ last train, now home soon
18:59 rangi @later tell druthb lemme know when you want to switch dns
18:59 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
18:59 rangi @later tell druthb also, did you see the thread about moving the .po files to their own repo, if you want me to i can make koha-translations on for you
19:00 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
19:00 tcohen joined #koha
19:00 * rangi will give it a day or so, then start pushing to 3.10.x and 3.8.x again
19:00 cait-m_ :-)
19:01 * jcamins did not give it any time.
19:02 rangi school fair and kahu's birthday party this weekend, won't have time to test properly :)
19:02 cait-m_ koha-community++
19:04 cait-m_ rangi: busy!
19:19 cait-m_ joined #koha
19:19 cait-m_ train cancelled
19:19 janPasi joined #koha
19:20 cait-m_ \me loves travelling
19:20 samuel me too, In Paris
19:28 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #951: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 8 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/951/
19:28 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 9008: warn if user is logged-in with admin account
19:28 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 9008 [Follow-up] Warn if librarian logged-in with mysql/admin account
19:28 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 2832 - Make alphabet localizable
19:28 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 2832: Increment version number
19:28 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9008 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Warn if librarian logged-in with mysql/admin account
19:28 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 8758: Remove useless code in circ/
19:28 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Update kohaversion for
19:28 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8664 - Add floating toolbar with save button to system preferences editor
19:28 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8163: Click to populate XSLT preferences with "default" or empty values
19:29 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: Bug 8983: Typo in UNIMARCslim2OPACResults.xsl
19:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2832 normal, P3, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Make alphabet localizable
19:29 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8546 - Error in description of OPAC Advanced Search Publication date range search
19:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8758 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Code seems useless in circ/
19:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8664 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Add floating toolbar with save button to system preferences editor
19:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8163 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Click to populate XSLT preferences with "default" or empty values
19:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8983 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , Typo error in UNIMARCslim2OPACResults.xsl
19:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8546 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Error in description of OPAC Advanced Search Publication date range search
19:29 jcamins rangi: when you get a chance could you update the database on jenkins?
19:29 rangi will do
19:30 rangi done
20:18 tcohen joined #koha
20:23 cait joined #koha
21:05 magnuse jcamins: the adaptive design of the ccsr got a very positive response at my "get to know koha" thing :-)
21:07 maximep :D
21:09 maximep always make us happyto get good feedback on it =)
21:11 magnuse :-)
21:11 * magnuse goes to slepp
21:58 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_8660' into 3.12-master <[…]cadd1aeaff3a5fdfb> / Bug 8660: follow-up: Porting changes to ccsr theme <[…]1eb1d1392a87fdf85> / Bug 8660: Tag status does not show on multiple tag add <[…].git;a=commitdiff
21:58 jenkins_koha Starting build #952 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #950 5 hr 0 min ago)
22:23 tcohen joined #koha
23:07 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
23:07 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #952: FIXED in 1 hr 8 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/952/
23:07 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 5521 - item edit form appears if no items found
23:07 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8899 [Revised] Remove unused CSS declarations from staff client CSS
23:07 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8986: Batch patron modification template corrections
23:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5521 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , item edit form appears if no items found
23:07 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 8986: Followup FIX a JS error if there is no valid card number
23:07 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: Bug 8660: Tag status does not show on multiple tag add
23:07 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: Bug 8660: follow-up: Porting changes to ccsr theme
23:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8899 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Remove unused CSS declarations from staff client CSS
23:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8986 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Batch patron modification template corrections
23:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8660 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , Tag status does not show on multiple tag add
23:08 thd-away` joined #koha
23:19 wajasu jcamins_away: ++   great release!!!
23:20 wajasu after reading all those release notes, one can really see how much work folks have done!
23:23 jcamins_away wajasu: Paul is the one who released 3.10.
23:23 * jcamins_away just pushed patches to master for the last three weeks.
23:23 jcamins_away I'll be using his design for the release notes for 3.12.
23:24 wajasu paul_p: ++   then
23:25 wajasu do you think its worth regenerating   or does he do that later.
23:28 jcamins_away I think rangi can do it.
23:28 jcamins_away I don't know, though.
23:52 maximep left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary