IRC log for #koha, 2012-10-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 jcamins Kohlrabi.
00:00 jcamins Anyone here who has tried it?
00:12 melia left #koha
00:19 eythian wahanui: owen's blog
00:19 wahanui i think owen's blog is
00:19 eythian thanks wahanui
00:20 mib_u7fo5u joined #koha
00:20 mib_u7fo5u how can i add a download link to a catalog item in koha
00:21 mib_u7fo5u Is there a way ??
00:21 rangi yep
00:22 rangi are you using marc21 ?
00:23 mib_u7fo5u I have absolutely no idea of that. All i have are the admin rights. I hope i did see something like that from the admin page
00:23 mib_u7fo5u If you can tell me how to check it i will. Thanks for the response
00:25 rangi ok
00:25 rangi go to administration
00:25 rangi system preferences
00:25 wahanui hmmm... system preferences is[…]ystem_Preferences
00:25 rangi then cataloging
00:25 rangi look for a variable called marcflavour
00:26 rangi is it set to MARC21, UNIMARC or NORMARC
00:27 mib_u7fo5u no i dont find anything like that
00:29 mib_u7fo5u wait
00:29 rangi what version of Koha are you running?
00:29 mib_u7fo5u my bad give me a sec
00:31 mib_u7fo5u Koha version:
00:32 rangi cool, yeah so then that option should definitely be there
00:32 eythian Under "record structure" I think
00:34 mib_u7fo5u is it Record matching rules
00:34 mib_u7fo5u under catalog
00:34 rangi no
00:35 rangi administration->systempreferences
00:35 rangi then choose cataloging
00:35 eythian mib_u7fo5u: Administration -> System Preferences -> Cataloguing
00:35 eythian scroll down a bit, and it's there.
00:35 eythian or type 'marcflavour' into the search box.
00:36 eythian the system preference search box, that is
00:36 mib_u7fo5u ok found it
00:37 mib_u7fo5u its marc21
00:37 rangi excellent
00:37 rangi that means when editing a record, you can add a url to the 856u field
00:38 rangi and that will become a clickable url in the OPAC
00:38 mib_u7fo5u oh k
00:38 mib_u7fo5u and i have an another question
00:39 mib_u7fo5u how can i add links to thesection that says "important links" on the home page
00:39 rangi http://manual.koha-community.o[…]html#editableopac
00:40 mib_u7fo5u excellent !!
00:40 rangi http://manual.koha-community.o[…]8/en/impopac.html
00:40 rangi has more
00:40 mib_u7fo5u i will look into that
00:41 mib_u7fo5u thanks a lot for help
00:42 rangi no problem
02:14 brylie joined #koha
02:17 rangi hehe, thats an awesome friday question
02:18 jcamins lol
02:18 rangi http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]ks-td5728918.html
02:19 mtj lol
02:20 eythian do you want the long answer, or the looooooong answer?
02:23 mtj … also, what is PEARL, and how databases work?
02:26 rangi im thinking the manual, and perldoc.koha-community and the wiki are about all we could possibly answer
02:26 rangi unless i go off on some lotr quoting madness again
02:26 jcamins Agreed.
02:27 jcamins LotR++
02:30 eythian robin@mykoha-staging:~$ sudo ./koha-shell asb -c whoami
02:30 eythian asb-koha
02:31 rangi nice
02:31 eythian I can't make the prompt work well, but that's OK
02:31 jcamins eythian++
02:32 eythian $ sudo ./koha-shell asb
02:32 eythian bash-4.1$ echo $KOHA_CONF
02:32 eythian /etc/koha/sites/asb/koha-conf.xml
02:32 eythian similar with PERL5LIB
02:33 * eythian has 30 minutes to write a man page.
02:33 jcamins Go, eythian, go!
03:11 eythian jcamins: bored? feel like a signoff? Bug 8878 is waiting for your call!
03:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8878 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , koha-shell: a command to make using koha commands easier
03:12 eythian (I'd like to know how to fix the prompt not working thing, carrying across PS1 had unexpected results.)
03:13 jcamins eythian: I'll do my best to test and signoff soon.
03:13 eythian :D
03:15 eythian wahanui: it is now beer o'clock.
03:15 wahanui ...but it is <reply>...
03:37 drojf joined #koha
05:34 WaqarAzeem joined #koha
05:57 Irma joined #koha
06:04 sturmtruppen joined #koha
06:06 cait joined #koha
06:07 cait good morning #koha
06:08 Oak joined #koha
06:08 Oak kia ora #koha
06:09 alex_a bonjour tout le monde
06:10 mtj morning cait , Oak , alex_a
06:10 cait hi Oak, alex_a and mtj :)
06:15 alex_a hi mtj and cait !
06:15 alex_a and hi Oak :)
06:23 JohninNV joined #koha
06:23 eythian hi all
06:29 eythian bye all
06:43 julian_m joined #koha
06:51 sophie_m joined #koha
06:54 druthb joined #koha
06:54 reiveune joined #koha
06:54 reiveune hello
06:54 wahanui hello, reiveune
06:55 laurence joined #koha
06:59 magnuse kia ora #koha!
07:00 magnuse oh enh/bug 8878 will be awesome!
07:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8878 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, Needs Signoff , koha-shell: a command to make using koha commands easier
07:00 druthb wahanui: magnuse?
07:00 wahanui magnuse is afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza.
07:00 magnuse heh
07:02 druthb magnuse is also a Norwegian giant.
07:02 wahanui okay, druthb.
07:03 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:03 druthb druthb?
07:03 wahanui well, druthb is wanting to be the TM for 3.12.  Now we know she's crazy.
07:03 gaetan_B good morning #koha
07:13 francharb joined #koha
07:14 francharb 0/
07:16 druthb Hi francharb.  :)
07:16 francharb hi druthb
07:23 francharb joined #koha
07:24 kf joined #koha
07:24 kf hi #koha
07:25 magnuse kia ora kf!
07:25 kf good morning magnuse :)
08:02 magnuse yay for bug 8879
08:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8879 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , silence messages from running prove ./t ./xt
08:12 drojf joined #koha
08:12 drojf good day #koha
08:13 magnuse hiya drojf
08:13 drojf hei magnuse
08:15 magnuse drojf: so did you spend the night studying normarc?
08:15 rangi what a horrible thing to say!
08:15 rangi :)
08:15 drojf lol magnuse. not really. and i agree, the differences look rather boring ,9
08:15 drojf ;)
08:15 magnuse hehe
08:15 drojf hi rangi
08:15 magnuse kia ora rangi
08:15 drojf i'd like to see a little more effort from the mailing list trolls
08:16 rangi i think todays whats koha one was pretty awesome
08:16 magnuse no northern lights or unicorns or anything?
08:16 * magnuse goes to check
08:16 rangi http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]ks-td5728918.html
08:16 drojf oh you have unicorns too? :)
08:17 drojf unimoose
08:17 magnuse heh
08:17 magnuse nah, just trolls
08:17 magnuse and yes, that *is* kind of a general question on the mailing list :-)
08:18 rangi hmm i might go see dredd tomorrow
08:19 * magnuse saw the first one
08:19 rangi yep, this one is supposed to be a lot better
08:19 * magnuse found dredd through the anthrax song, back in the day
08:20 drojf hipsters nowadays. "i'm gonna see that movie before it's on p2p"…
08:21 rangi heh
08:21 rangi it opened here last night
08:21 rangi did you see the lotr movies?
08:22 rangi dredd is the eomer
08:22 rangi s/the//
08:24 magnuse and talking of tolkien: yay! :-)
08:24 rangi heh
08:24 rangi had lunch with him and brooke yesterday
08:25 rangi also with
08:25 magnuse brooke is in nz?
08:25 magnuse and say hi to reed from norway next time you seem him, ok? :-)
08:25 rangi
08:25 rangi who also used to work at catalyst
08:26 rangi yep, she is in the south island at the moment
08:26 rangi and i will do
08:26 magnuse yay
08:26 magnuse lucky brooke, then!
08:27 * magnuse must visit the south island on day too!
08:28 magnuse s/on/one/
08:29 rangi yup, its nice down there
08:29 magnuse all of nz seems nice, though :-)
08:29 rangi cept bucklame
08:29 rangi :)
08:29 magnuse nah, i even liked that :-)
08:30 kf remember that weird flying thing across the hotel?
08:30 magnuse hehe yeah
08:39 drojf 5€ say the next answer will be "why not use the google for search?".
08:39 kf huh?
08:44 drojf on the mailing list
08:45 kf oh
08:58 magnuse[…]e-of-discovery-to
08:59 magnuse Conclusions 1. The Library should not invest in a new library discovery tool.
09:00 sturmtruppen joined #koha
09:01 rangi i agree with that
09:01 rangi bandaids
09:02 rangi however, counting on commercial companies to index your content for you = DOOM
09:03 kf yeah
09:05 magnuse and i think the situation is a bit different for academic and public libraries
09:05 magnuse academic libraries ae increasingly about being gatekeepers for the big journal publishers...
09:05 rangi yep
09:05 rangi resellers
09:05 rangi corner boys for the big drug dealers :)
09:07 magnuse yup
09:07 magnuse sad but true
09:08 drojf i'm happy to see that linguists here are forming what seems to become a huge open access initiative. setting up volunteers for reviewing and all
09:08 sam75 joined #koha
09:08 rangi ooh that does sound good drojf
09:08 drojf because even professors cannot afford to buy books at the prices these days
09:08 rangi exactly
09:08 sam75 Hi to all!
09:08 drojf hey sam75
09:09 magnuse hi sam75
09:09 rangi drojf: and we know with what happened with ebsco and others, that peer review is sometimes faked .. with open access and transparency that is easier to catch
09:09 drojf rangi: exactly
09:11 sam75 Question to xml expert: i've an xml file of my base but this is not valid because there's more than one root node (example : <$a><The>big cat </$a>). How can i do ?
09:12 laurence joined #koha
09:12 drojf sam75: what is the <The> supposed to do? does that come from your original data? then you would have to escape it i suppose (i'm not not an xml expert)
09:14 drojf something like <$a>&lt;The&gt; big cat </$a>
09:16 sam75 can i explain. It.... It comes from my original data and <the> is indexed (in english, ,it's more easy but in french, it's "le" la" "les" l' ")
09:16 kf but the < and > are in the data?
09:17 kf jcamins_away: around?
09:17 Oak hello cate, mtj, alex_a :)
09:17 sam75 kf: no
09:17 kf hi Oak ;)
09:18 alex_a Oak: \o
09:18 kf interesting
09:18 wahanui it has been said that interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
09:18 Oak \o
09:18 kf 11:12:43-05/10 zebraidx(2598) [warn] isamb: Inconsistent register (2)
09:18 kf zebraidx: isamb.c:1102: insert_leaf: Assertion `*lookahead_mode' failed.
09:18 kf 11:12:43-05/10 zebraidx(2600) [warn] previous transaction didn't reach commit
09:18 alex_a joined #koha
09:20 sam75 kf: i'll pastebin an extract of my file
09:20 drojf kf: completely reindex, according to marcelr on the ml a year ago
09:20 kf yep that worked - thx
09:20 kf only can still not search the stupid subfield *sigh*
09:20 kf the records show up in keyword search but not with au
09:21 kf I woudl really like jared to show up :)
09:21 drojf hm. still have not really worked with authorities so i won't be any help. also i think something like that happened the last time i tried it :/
09:22 kf ah,that's not authorities, that's author index
09:22 drojf ah
09:22 drojf what version of koha?
09:22 kf the problem is that the content I want to search for is in 2 different subfields
09:22 kf $abenedikt$cvon Aniane
09:22 drojf there was a bug about DOM not working completely
09:22 drojf DOM indexing that is
09:22 kf that's pre dom here
09:23 kf the installation is running a modified 3.6.x
09:23 drojf then you cannot search over subfields, was my understanding
09:23 kf there might be some painful trick
09:23 sam75
09:23 drojf i thought that was one of the cool things with DOM indexing. but i may have misunderstood that
09:23 kf jcamins_away told me it should be possible to make it work last time we talked, but now I don't know how
09:23 kf I think with dom you can do it right
09:24 magnuse i'm pretty sure jcamins has said you need dom to search mutiple subfields togehter
09:24 drojf ok. let's just say his name a few times more so jcamins_away can help you :)
09:24 kf heh
09:24 kf yay!
09:24 magnuse jcamins_away?
09:24 wahanui jcamins_away is probably not here, but you don't have to take my word for it!
09:24 kf it's probably just too early :)
09:24 magnuse see, there is hope
09:25 kf isn't there always hope?
09:25 drojf sam75: as i said, you have to escape the < > that are not part of the xml but your data. change them to &lt; and &rt; accordingly i think
09:36 laurence joined #koha
09:38 drojf sam75: and i don't know what kind of format this is, but i assume you will have to convert it to marcxml if you want to import it into koha
09:40 sam75 drojf: yes, my export tools are very very bad and nothing is clear and so, it take me many time to correct it
09:41 drojf sam75: that's migration :)
09:42 mtj … really looking forward to trolly bootstrap thread, not
09:42 rangi reward good behaviour, ignore bad
09:43 rangi and with that, im going to sleep
09:43 kf sleep well
09:43 drojf good night rangi
09:44 magnuse sleep tight rangi
09:52 drojf sam75: what ILS did you eyport the data from?
09:53 alex_a joined #koha
09:53 clrh joined #koha
09:55 sam75 drojf: cadic, it's a french ILS (other frenchies on this channel may know it, it's very old and very exotic)
09:56 drojf sam75: but at least it's unimarc, converting the data to marcxml seems not too complicated
10:00 sam75 drojf: yes but i've a doubt, as my xml export is not valid
10:01 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_8382' <[…]0d9e7638e92e85f26> / Bug 8382 [Follow-up] It is not possible to cancel an order when receiving on a filter... <[…]a1d46e117cad0dc84> / Bug 8827 - YUI CSS files no longer found on Yahoo servers <http://git
10:03 alex_a joined #koha
10:13 jenkins_koha Starting build #869 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
10:20 * magnuse crosses his fingers for jenkins and wanders off to lunch
10:23 kf hm might be icu is the answer
10:23 kf[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3216
10:23 huginn Bug 3216: normal, P2, ---, frederic, Pushed to Stable , UNIMARC author facets
10:25 alex_a joined #koha
10:31 drojf is there a reason why[…]-tools.git;a=tree is empty? i'm sure i had a look at that a while ago and there was a lot of stuff inside. or have i been somewhere else then? if so, where? ;)
10:33 kf hm
10:33 kf mybe confusing repos?
10:33 kf[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3216
10:33 huginn Bug 3216: normal, P2, ---, frederic, Pushed to Stable , UNIMARC author facets
10:33 kf oh noz zhsz
10:33 kf ah not that link
10:33 kf[…]bal.git;a=summary
10:33 kf this one
10:33 wahanui this one is cool as long as someone *wants* acknowledgement
10:33 drojf no it was migration specific
10:34 kf hm
10:34 kf I think she may have the repo somewhere else too
10:34 drojf and there was more than this[…]-tools.git;a=tree
10:34 kf github maybe?
10:36 drojf ha, you#re right it was jcamins_away's
10:42 alex_a joined #koha
10:43 alex_a joined #koha
10:45 alex_a joined #koha
10:49 alex_a joined #koha
10:50 francharb joined #koha
10:54 * drojf hands alex_a some duct tape
11:19 jwagner joined #koha
11:21 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #869: SUCCESS in 1 hr 7 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/869/
11:21 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8449 - Improve wording and styling for "cancelled holds" on Holds Awaiting Pickup screen
11:21 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8449 - Improve wording and styling for "cancelled holds" on Holds Awaiting Pickup screen
11:21 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 7963 Parallel HTTP requests when checking URLs
11:21 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 7963 follow-up: die nicely if AnyEvent libraries not installed
11:21 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 8379 removing another useless ->disconnect line
11:21 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 8379 don't close dbh
11:21 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8623: Move YUI out of prog
11:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8449 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Master , Improve wording and styling for "cancelled holds" on Holds Awaiting Pickup screen
11:21 jenkins_koha * tomascohen: Bug 8623 - Fix YUI path for OPAC in debian/rules
11:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7963 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Parallel HTTP requests when checking URLs
11:21 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8623 follow-up: make sure CCSR theme loads YUI
11:21 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8827 - YUI CSS files no longer found on Yahoo servers
11:21 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8382 [Follow-up] It is not possible to cancel an order when receiving on a filtered page in
11:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8379 critical, P1 - high, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , Encoding problem under Plack
11:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8623 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Javascript libraries should be outside theme directories
11:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8827 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , YUI CSS files no longer found on Yahoo servers
11:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8382 normal, P1 - high, ---, christophe.croullebois, Pushed to Master , It is not possible to cancel an order when receiving on a filtered page in
11:21 kf oook
11:21 kf I think I activated icu... someone cross their fingers that this works?
11:22 kf meh.
11:22 kf oh
11:22 kf it couldn't work
11:24 kf *sigh*
11:28 drojf that icu thing comes up a lot lately
11:28 kf hmpf.
11:28 kf we are using it in one of the libraries for years now
11:28 kf it works, it's only me doing something wrong here
11:28 drojf :/
11:35 kf so annoying, but well.
11:43 drojf kf: put it on the wiki when you are done ;)
11:49 nengard joined #koha
11:54 edveal joined #koha
12:12 oleonard joined #koha
12:13 jcamins drojf: Koha migration toolbox?
12:13 wahanui Koha migration toolbox is
12:13 jcamins ^^ that's the canonical one.
12:17 reiveune1 joined #koha
12:28 magnuse @wunder boo
12:28 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo Vi, Norway is 10.0°C (2:00 PM CEST on October 05, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 59%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.52 in 1000 hPa (Rising).
12:33 NateC joined #koha
12:37 * oleonard wonders why "whew"
12:39 magnuse cause s/he was worried about having to other stuff?
12:39 oleonard I would "whew" for that!
12:40 magnuse s/to/to do/
12:40 * magnuse too
12:41 oleonard ...apparently to the extent that I would volunteer to re-write the OPAC templates :|
12:42 kf we should create a new role for you :)
12:42 kf UI master designer :P
12:42 kf sorry :)
12:42 kf being silly
12:43 magnuse oleonard++
12:43 kf I guess I just don't want to get myself into trouble all alone and try to pull my friends with me :)
12:43 oleonard Into an official role you mean kf?
12:44 magnuse a rwerite using bootstrap or something similar and perhaps utilizing more features of tt would be totally awesome!
12:44 kf oleonard: yeah :)
12:45 oleonard I need to learn more about ways in which TT features can make the templates more efficient
12:45 mtompset joined #koha
12:45 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
12:45 mtompset I have a git question. I have a patch, which I know won't apply cleanly... how do you clean up a git patch that doesn't apply properly?
12:46 kf drojf: btw - jcamins fixed it :)
12:46 tcohen joined #koha
12:46 mtompset Greetings, kf, drojf, and tcohen. :)
12:47 oleonard mtompset: Does it not apply at all, or does it apply with conflicts?
12:47 tcohen hi mtompset
12:47 mtompset probably with conflicts. Let me try.
12:47 drojf kf: cool, i expect the video tutorial ASAP
12:47 mtompset Things have changed from 3.8 to master, so there is extra code which causes context to be confused on one section.
12:47 drojf hi mtompset
12:48 drojf jcamins_away: shiny, thanks. bookmarked it this time
12:48 magnuse mtompset: apply it, and clean up the conflicts, i think?
12:48 kf drojf: once I have finished the other 3
12:48 mtompset Greeting, magnuse.
12:48 mtompset How do you fix the conflicts?
12:49 drojf mtompset: do you have that threeway thingy in git? then you see it marked in the files
12:50 magnuse mtompset: you search for the conflict markers <<<, === and >>>
12:50 mtompset threeway thingy?
12:50 * oleonard wonders, threeway thingy?
12:50 mtompset Ahhh... let me check.
12:50 magnuse then you edit the stuff between them so the things from the patch works, without breaking other things
12:50 mtompset Ah...
12:51 mtompset No, it didn't even apply.
12:51 mtompset Guess I'll have to make the changes manually.
12:51 magnuse yeah, not sure what the clever thing to do is then
12:52 kf mtompset: what was the command you used?
12:52 drojf[…]_with_-3_flag_set
12:52 kf ^^
12:52 drojf mtompset: ^^
12:52 mtompset git am ....
12:52 mtompset I haven't ever used git bz yet...
12:52 mtompset I'll learn it when my patches slow down. :P
12:53 oleonard But if you use git bz your patches will speed up!
12:53 mtompset No, the patches will slow down when my librarian colleagues don't trigger errors. :)
12:53 drojf mtompset: i suppose the -interactive -3 things work without git bz
12:53 mtompset -- warnings. :)
12:53 mtompset (had to make Rangi happy)
12:54 mtompset I think I have seen them before, yes.
12:54 mtompset And they haven't... but I haven't gotten my fixes patched up yet.
12:55 mtompset And hopefully, over the weekend... all that will be done, and I can have a breather and figure out git bz.
12:55 mtompset by the way, I made sure the LiveCD/DVD guy knew about the time of the IRC meeting.
12:55 kf if you don't use git-bz
12:55 kf use git am -iu3
12:55 drojf mveron++
12:55 kf mveron++ :)
12:55 wajasu joined #koha
12:56 drojf mtompset: which one of all the livecd people? :)
12:57 mtompset V... have to look it up... I know it isn't Vil, because jcamins_away corrected me last time. :P
12:58 drojf vimal. i think
12:58 drojf ok. he should add himself as candidate for livecd manager ;)
13:00 magnuse yay!
13:00 drojf so i can create a marcxml file using MARC::Record and MARC::File::XML and 20 lines of code instead of printing it out line by line with 100 lines. witchcraft.
13:01 drojf i should really learn some of the perl stuff ;)
13:02 drojf it's a very fancy way to procrastinate also
13:02 oleonard NEKLS has some very large and fancy shoes to fill
13:02 oleonard (metaphorically speaking)
13:02 oleonard (don't know about the actual shoes)
13:03 oleonard (does the job actually come with shoes?)
13:04 magnuse drojf: yeah, perl is good for a lot of things
13:04 mtompset drojf: That's what I suggested to him.
13:07 mtompset oleonard: That's a scary job description. Lots to support.
13:08 mtompset Should I generate patches for 3.6.x anymore?
13:08 magnuse khall++ for signing off bug 6030
13:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6030 enhancement, P3, ---, stephane.delaune, Signed Off , Allow for html in letters in overdue notices
13:08 mtompset We're just over one month away from 3.10.x
13:09 magnuse mtompset: jcamins_away decides what goes in 3.6.x - if the general patch does not apply he will ask for a special one for 3.6.x
13:09 magnuse i think
13:20 ago43 joined #koha
13:20 drojf khall++
13:20 libsysguy joined #koha
13:29 laurence joined #koha
13:30 wajasu khall++
13:37 mtompset khall++
13:37 mtompset And sorry, khall, I've never done a sign off, so I don't know how.
13:38 trea joined #koha
13:38 * mtompset feels like a newbie still.
13:38 drojf mtompset: it's easy with git bz :9
13:38 drojf :)
13:38 khall mtompset: if you want to do so, I'd check out[…]_bz_configuration
13:39 mtompset "slef's self-authenticating patched version of rangi's patched version git://, which fixes a bug in the official version. FIXME: when his patch is incorporated into upstream git-bz, update this link)"
13:40 mtompset -- wasn't there another git-bz update recently?
13:40 mtompset Perhaps I'll blame mtj for it. ;)
13:42 magnuse yeah, mtj did something about sending patches to the mailinglist, i think
13:42 maximep joined #koha
13:42 oleonard And jcamins_away did something to allow you to set the bug status at the same time, and he incorporated mtj's feature
13:43 oleonard I'm running git-bz off jcamins_away's repo at the moment, assuming it's the most up to date
13:43 mtompset I remember what magnuse vaguely said, but I can't say I recalled that, oleonard.
13:43 mtompset okay... here's a git question...
13:44 mtompset let's say I clone repo A's git-bz.
13:44 mtompset then I found out that repo B's git-bz is newer.
13:44 mtompset is there an easy way to switch git repos without doing a git clone over?\
13:44 wajasu when did percritic adjustments start? 3.6, 3.8 or after?
13:45 oleonard You just check out repo B into a new branch mtompset
13:45 oleonard As long as you're on that branch you're running repo B's version
13:46 mtompset how do you check out repo B as a branch? git checkout -b REPO_B <url>?
13:47 kf drojf: here?
13:47 wahanui here is where I work
13:47 kf right wahanui
13:47 oleonard mtompset: git remote add [your local name for repo_b] <url>
13:47 drojf kf: yup
13:48 brylie joined #koha
13:48 drojf video tutorial done?
13:48 wajasu fredericd: are you around?
13:48 kf drojf: :P
13:48 magnuse mtompset:[…]s/git-remote.html <-- might be worth a look
13:48 kf no, but I got another phone call interested in your workshop thingy
13:52 mtompset Another liveCD to burn, drojf. ;)
13:56 BigRig_ joined #koha
14:02 talljoy joined #koha
14:04 oleonard Hi jcamins
14:05 jcamins Hello.
14:05 khall does pauls automatic test script still run that checks to see if patches still apply? I'd swear every patch I'm really interested in testing doesn't apply!
14:05 jcamins khall: it does not, no.
14:05 khall were there problems with it?
14:06 jcamins khall: something changed about the way... something... was set up, and it was marking everything as "does not apply," I think.
14:07 khall heh, that's no good! I'd love to see it back up an running, that was a very useful service.
14:07 jcamins I think one refinement it would need is to not mark patches as "Does not apply" when conflicts are only in sysprefs.sql and updatedatabase.sql.
14:08 jcamins (though the fact that it doesn't work anymore would obviously have to be addressed first;)
14:08 oleonard Bootstrap popup and menu for Cart and Lists:
14:08 jcamins oleonard++ # nice!
14:08 khall jcamins, I'd swear it already did that. Maybe my memory is rose-colored.
14:09 magnuse oleonard++
14:09 khall oleonard++, all hail the ui king ; )
14:09 jcamins khall: it might. I don't entirely remember, I just remember that being something we discussed as an issue.
14:09 magnuse yeah!
14:10 * wajasu wonders if when we do perlcritic adjustments, that we only do them for master.  i am not sure its worth the risk for things in production, and time will take care of older versions
14:11 jcamins wajasu: we only do perlcritic fixes for master.
14:11 wajasu ok.
14:11 jcamins @query perlcritic
14:11 jcamins @query pbp
14:11 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2505 major, P1 - high, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED , enable Perl warnings in all modules and scripts
14:12 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, P1 - high, ---, mtj, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
14:12 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7520 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, In Discussion , json script to return advanced search types
14:12 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7167 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , updatedatabase improvements
14:12 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6874 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , File upload in MARC
14:12 huginn jcamins: No results for "pbp."
14:12 kf oleonard++ form me too :)
14:12 jcamins Bug 6679 is not getting backported.
14:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, P1 - high, ---, mtj, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
14:13 wajasu ok. i was only reading comment #3 in 8849 so it made me wonder
14:14 jcamins bug 8849
14:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8849 trivial, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , Error log generated when not a demo system
14:15 wajasu plus i believe the second attachment is misplaced.
14:15 mtompset Hmmm... fredericd's attachment on that has gone missing?
14:16 mtompset I wonder if he moved it back to bug 8739?
14:16 wajasu oh good
14:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8739 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , Partial Fine Payments Saving Amount Paid Incorrectly
14:17 mtompset Now... that attachment got obsoleted.
14:17 mtompset No...
14:17 wajasu thats pushed, and its for 3.8, so it would be best to fine a patch for thats not signed off
14:18 mtompset @seen fredericd
14:18 huginn mtompset: fredericd was last seen in #koha 1 day, 2 hours, 12 minutes, and 27 seconds ago: <fredericd> I have to ask authorization. Or create some myself, which is another story
14:18 mtompset I remember that conversation. :)
14:19 jcamins khall: how did you replicate bug 8875?
14:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8875 normal, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Signed Off , Cataloging authorithy search plugin displays badly accented characters
14:20 jcamins Even using Russian, Hebrew, and Arabic authorities I couldn't get it to mis-render.
14:20 santy joined #koha
14:20 khall jcamins, I didn't think to test pre-patch. My bad.
14:21 mtompset does git bz obsolete all patches on a bug?
14:21 jcamins mtompset: only if you tell it to.
14:22 khall mtompset, you'll see a list patches at the bottom, just uncomment the ones that should be obsoleted
14:22 mtompset If a patch has been obsoleted, how do you bring it back?
14:22 khall also added [SIGNED-OFF] to the description if you can. I try to, but I only remember to about half the time.
14:23 jcamins mtompset: you can change it in Bugzilla by viewing the patch and editing it, and unchecking the "obsolete" box.
14:23 jcamins It's non-obvious.
14:24 khall yeah, you can also change the description there too.
14:24 mtompset ah, okay... very not obvious.
14:25 mtompset several levels of non-obvious.
14:25 jcamins I warned you.
14:27 tcohen jcamins, nice to see those reprepro files
14:27 jcamins tcohen: glad they help. :)
14:29 laurence left #koha
14:32 drojf can i force to 'use' a local version of a .pm in a perl script?
14:33 khall you  can use 'perl -I /path/to/lib' to add a path to @INC
14:33 khall but I think it's added at the end, so it probably won't use the once defined in that path
14:34 jcamins drojf: the first question?
14:34 wahanui "What are you trying to do?"  "What is the goal?" or "What problem are you experiencing?"
14:35 drojf jcamins: i tried adding some tags to HTML::Tagset but i would rather play with a local version and leave the one installed as it is
14:37 wajasu mtompset: you put back the unrelated perlcritic bug on 8849.  since 8849 is targeted for rel 3.8,  and we don't risk perlcritic fixes on production releases, maybe you can move that perlcritic fix to 7595, so when QA tests, they can apply it then.
14:37 drojf the actual goal is to use HTML::TreeBuilder::XPath with tags that are not defined in HTML::Tagset by default
14:38 mtompset 7595
14:38 mtompset Okay...
14:38 mtompset Let's see if I can figure out how to do that without patching it up.
14:38 jcamins -I will do it.
14:39 jcamins To test: perl -I '/home/jcamins/perl' -e 'print join("\n", @INC) . "\n";'
14:41 mtompset Okay, so you'll move the patch from 8849 to 7595, jcamins?
14:42 mtompset Ah... no.. you mean "-I" as in the option.
14:42 wajasu :)
14:45 jcamins Right. It's Friday. I won't do anything involving bugzilla, other than possibly telling other people to do things for me.
14:47 larryb_DND joined #koha
14:49 drojf1 joined #koha
14:50 mtompset wajasu: Could you check that I didn't mess up the patch transfer?
14:52 wajasu yes.  give me a minute. i'm testing 8849
14:59 BigRig_ joined #koha
15:01 kf bye all and a nice weekend!
15:02 drojf1 joined #koha
15:02 kf left #koha
15:02 brylie joined #koha
15:04 larryb_DND left #koha
15:06 alex_a left #koha
15:07 reiveune1 bye
15:07 reiveune1 left #koha
15:20 libsysguy joined #koha
15:21 mtompset Shoot! Our Koha server just somehow ran out of diskspace!
15:21 jcamins mtompset: how much diskspace did it have?
15:21 mtompset 25GB
15:21 mtompset And it ONLY has Koha.
15:21 mtompset There should be a good 10+GB free.
15:21 jcamins 25GB? Where did you find a 25GB drive?
15:22 mtompset It's a VM.
15:24 mtompset I just did a "du | sort -n"
15:24 mtompset It only shows 4438180 for .
15:24 jcamins mtompset: what does df -h say?
15:25 mtompset less than 1GB free.
15:25 jcamins On /?
15:25 jcamins Or on /var?
15:25 jcamins Or something else?
15:26 jcamins Run `du -h --max-depth=0 /* 2> /dev/null`
15:26 Oak joined #koha
15:26 jcamins That will tell you where the diskspace is getting used.
15:26 jcamins Oh, might need to use sudo.
15:28 brylie_ joined #koha
15:29 mtompset This is seriously whack... pasting
15:31 pastebot "mtompset" at pasted "Totally whack numbers." (26 lines) at
15:31 maximep left #koha
15:31 drojf joined #koha
15:31 jcamins Run it again with sudo.
15:34 maximep joined #koha
15:35 gaetan_B bye !
15:35 mtompset Why would a sudo make any difference?
15:35 mtompset I was running as root.
15:35 gaetan_B left #koha
15:35 jcamins mtompset: oh, then I have no idea what that could mean.
15:36 mtompset i'm doing a system reboot.
15:36 mtompset I'm hoping it is a memory leak or something.
15:36 jcamins A memory leak... taking up space?
15:36 jcamins On the disk?
15:40 Oak nengard, I just read that, may be it will be of some use:[…]ook-xml-documents
15:41 nengard Oak, I have read that already
15:41 nengard most of the ones they say are free aren't anymore
15:41 nengard Serna and XXE for example
15:41 Oak hmm. i see.
15:41 nengard and then I did try Vex, but can't get it to wrok
15:41 nengard work
15:41 nengard :(
15:42 jcamins nengard: I think I found a free version of Serna. I'm not sure, though, and am not at home.
15:42 nengard link?
15:42 wahanui link is right, but the website is gone, apparently
15:42 jcamins I seem to remember it being somewhere completely illogical on their web page.
15:42 libsysguy joined #koha
15:42 nengard oh!
15:42 nengard I see you found it in the past
15:42 nengard okay I'll keep looking
15:42 jcamins Right.
15:43 Oak there is a guy with nick oksushi on #css (freenode) who knows a lot about stuff. may be he will know about this, not sure. he is not around at the moment, if i see him i'll ask.
15:43 jcamins And it would've just been a few weeks ago.
15:43 jcamins So there is hope. :)
15:47 mtompset quick question... where does koha dump it's backup?
15:48 jcamins mtompset: /var/spool/koha
15:50 mtompset okay... 1% more, but still doesn't explain the huge discrepency.
15:54 * Oak reading this:
15:54 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 8481: Items table is showing in but not in <[…]d212ca9a094773297> / Bug 8850: Export CanItemBeReserved in C4::ILSDI::Services <[…]d5df107249408b664> / Bug 8850: Export CanBookBeReserved in C4::ILSDI::Services <http://git.k
15:55 abc123 joined #koha
15:57 abc123 hello
15:58 jenkins_koha Starting build #870 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:58 abc123 i was wondering if anybody could help me with an issue related to git stash save
15:59 jcamins abc123: we can try.
15:59 abc123 thank you
15:59 abc123 right now our library is using Koha
15:59 Oak may be we can ask them for a lower price nengard?[…]208/msg00057.html
15:59 abc123 which i know it's very unstable
16:00 jcamins You shouldn't run development versions.
16:00 abc123 so, i am trying to switch to 3.8.5
16:00 abc123 i know
16:00 drojf abc123: do you have local changes?
16:00 abc123 this is what i inhereted
16:00 nengard Oak, Oxygen does have an academic rate, but i'm not sure how to say we're doing it for academic reasons
16:00 jcamins Good. Switching to 3.8.5 is a good idea.
16:00 abc123 when i got the job
16:01 abc123 so, i ran into a problem
16:01 nengard and it's a 1 year license
16:01 nengard so after a year what happens?
16:01 Oak ah.
16:01 Oak hmm.
16:01 nengard Can you tell that I've been looking at this stuff all week before asking for help? :)
16:01 abc123 when i typed git stash save
16:01 nengard I can contact oxygen and ask that question though
16:01 abc123 i got this
16:01 abc123 root@Catalog-dev-test:/# cd home/koha/kohaclone root@Catalog-dev-test:/home/koha/kohaclone# git stash save C4/ needs merge C4/ needs merge C4/ unmerged (33a1d169b1f1f26ebc11fa7ac9fc6213ecdeffd2) C4/ unmerged (c7860801b4b9da97edbbc5c26d52502d9687e438) C4/ unmerged (6499f0a50e2e5fb5b8613c862bb7b17a62ff34e9) fata
16:02 abc123 fatal: git-write-tree: error building trees Cannot save the current index state
16:02 Oak :)
16:02 jcamins You did the git stash after you tried to merge in 3.8.5?
16:02 abc123 <jcamins>: I really do not know what to do
16:03 abc123 when trying to change the version
16:03 abc123 root@Catalog-dev-test:/home/koha/kohaclone# git checkout -b stable-3.8.5 v3.08.0         5 fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching branches. Did you intend to checkout 'v3.08.05' which can not be resolved as commit?
16:03 abc123 i got the stuff above
16:04 druthb joined #koha
16:04 melia joined #koha
16:05 jcamins Unfortunately, I have no idea how you could have gotten your index into a state like that.
16:05 abc123 i got this job in June and I did not make many changes
16:05 abc123 i barely even worked on patches
16:06 jcamins The only way I know of to rescue it would be (AND DO NOT DO THIS!!!): git reset --hard && git fetch origin && git checkout -b utt3.8.x origin/3.8.x
16:06 abc123 i thought about taht
16:06 abc123 that
16:06 Oak nengard, may be as a favor to Koha, in return we can add a thankyou note and a link to their website... mentioning their kind support?
16:06 nengard might work
16:06 Oak hm
16:07 Oak on the documentation page root...
16:07 jcamins However, you'd lose whatever changes you had.
16:07 jcamins So first you should resolve the conflicts.
16:07 abc123 how do i resolve those conflicts?
16:07 jcamins Just the same as any other conflicts.
16:08 jcamins stash is the same as merge/rebase/whatever in that.
16:08 abc123 i will try that
16:08 jcamins I'd be concerned that you might have problems with authentication, though.
16:09 abc123 i know
16:09 abc123 i am kind of worried right now
16:09 abc123 i am so new to Koha!
16:11 abc123 i am still in the learning this is kind of like a blow
16:11 SJeffery joined #koha
16:11 abc123 i am trying to document myself
16:12 abc123 if you think of any other suggestions, i would really appreciate it
16:12 jcamins I don't think you have any options other than resolve the conflict.
16:13 jcamins (though your support vendor might do that for you)
16:14 abc123 i don't think we have one yet...or it has not been mentioned to me
16:14 abc123 i will check on that
16:14 abc123 thank you so much
16:18 drojf what would be a reasonable field to put in rating information (like '8/10') in marc21? is there something more appropriate than 500 or 59x that i am missing? 521 seems kind of off too and 586 might be a little much for an IMDB rating
16:19 druthb left #koha
16:19 jcamins drojf: agreed about the 586.
16:20 jcamins Though that was my initial thought.
16:21 talljoy 586 seems better than 521
16:21 jcamins Yeah, but possibly pushing it for IMDB.
16:21 jcamins "Awarded one star out of a possible five hundred."
16:21 jcamins :)
16:22 drojf lol
16:22 nengard should i change the manual to say 586 instead of 521?
16:22 nengard when i can edit the manual again?
16:22 * jcamins would probably use 655 or 695.
16:23 nengard hmmm
16:23 nengard lots of choices
16:23 jcamins nengard: 521 is for rating like "suitable for ages 13+ on account of 70s hair styles."
16:27 drojf i think i will use 59x or 69x. 655 is in use already. so many drawers, none is appropriate… MARC strikes again :P
16:28 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
16:28 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Pankow, Weissensee, Germany is 15.4°C (6:25 PM CEST on October 05, 2012). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.62 in 1003 hPa (Steady).
16:29 drojf "light" rain. yeah, right
16:48 libsysguy joined #koha
16:54 wajasu mtompset: well that fredic patch you moved.  I went to apply it to test it against master, and its already been done on master, so you might as well obsolete it.  who woulda thought. :)
16:55 wajasu i mean thunk
16:56 mtompset I'll leave the obsoleting up to you. I'm a tad worried about our Koha system right now. There's some disk space problem that I'm trying to attend to at 12:53am! :P
16:56 wajasu ok.
16:57 wajasu did you find the large file(s) yet?
16:58 wajasu[…]arge-files-linux/        use find.   then you can look at the owner/user, and maybe use fuser to see what process has it open.
16:59 mtompset No.
16:59 mtompset It may be a virtualization issue on the hosting site.
16:59 wajasu oh.
16:59 mtompset That is, the way they virtualized is not your normal expectation.
17:00 * magnuse pokes his head in again
17:00 mtompset But I won't know that until Monday.
17:00 mtompset ARG. I hate waiting over the weekend.
17:01 jcamins mtompset: you only have one mount point?
17:01 jcamins Well, two, since there is a /tmp
17:01 jcamins magnuse: pizza? :)
17:02 mtompset And dont forget /proc.
17:02 mtompset and /dev/pts
17:03 mtompset whatever that is.. probably for pttys.
17:03 jcamins mtompset: paste the output of mount?
17:03 pastebot "mtompset" at pasted "mount points" (5 lines) at
17:04 mtompset yes, ufs is strange.
17:04 cait joined #koha
17:04 jcamins mtompset: you're using *BSD?!?
17:04 mtompset i've been chatting about this problem with my linux guru.
17:04 mtompset No.
17:04 magnuse jcamins: soon, yes
17:04 mtompset We're using Ubuntu.
17:05 mtompset But the virtualization method/software is well... archaic.
17:05 mtompset linux vserver, I believe.
17:05 jcamins mtompset: ufs is a BSD file system.
17:06 mtompset The host could be BSD for all I know.
17:06 mtompset but our setup is most definately ubuntu.
17:06 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #870: SUCCESS in 1 hr 8 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/870/
17:06 jenkins_koha * nengard: Bug 7621: Follow up to clarify preference language
17:06 jenkins_koha * tomascohen: Bug 8233 - SolR-related /etc/ files break deb building
17:06 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 8370: Change term issues (smart-rules)
17:06 jenkins_koha * veron: Bug 8810 - Opac: Cart should display branchname instead of branchcode
17:06 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: Bug 8497: Strange behavior when modifying the timeout system preference
17:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7621 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, veron, Pushed to Master , Circulation: Match age restriction of title with borrower's age without using categories
17:06 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 8860 - can't merge if you don't have fast cataloging permissions
17:06 jenkins_koha * veron: Bug 8796 - patron cards not starting on designated card
17:06 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8811 - can't run report after saving
17:06 jenkins_koha * mjr: circ/ force issuedate to a string to fix bug 8738
17:07 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 8850: Export CanBookBeReserved in C4::ILSDI::Services
17:07 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 8850: Export CanItemBeReserved in C4::ILSDI::Services
17:07 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: Bug 8481: Items table is showing in but not in
17:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8233 major, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , New search engine layer - introduce solr without breaking anything else
17:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8370 normal, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Default checkout, hold and return policy for all library => wrong term
17:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8810 normal, P3, ---, veron, Pushed to Master , Opac: Cart should display branchname instead of branchcode
17:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8497 critical, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , Strange behavior when modifying the 'timeout' system preference.
17:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8860 critical, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , can't merge if you don't have fast cataloging permissions
17:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8796 normal, P5 - low, ---, veron, Pushed to Master , patron cards not starting on designated card
17:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8811 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , can't run report after saving
17:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8738 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , DateTime object being compared to a date string in circulation
17:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8850 major, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Can't place hold on title with ILS-DI
17:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8481 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , Items table is showing in but not in
17:07 jcamins Right... so far as I know UFS and Ubuntu don't get along too well, especially for boot volumes.
17:07 * oleonard waves back to huginn
17:08 mtompset So I have heard from my friend.
17:08 jcamins I am surprised it worked at all.
17:09 jcamins I'm also surprised you managed to get it configured to use UFS in the first place.
17:09 oleonard If you have  SearchMyLibraryFirst  turned on, does that only limit the quick search? One can choose to search other libraries via advanced search?
17:10 jcamins This may explain the filesystem being full. UFS reserved a certain amount of space for root. 5%, I think. If that were mistuned... things would be bad.
17:10 jcamins oleonard: that is my recollection,  yes.
17:14 jcamins mtompset: you could use ffsinfo, see if that gives you any information.
17:14 jcamins BTW, if you haven't already you should take a backup of your database... it's liable to crash hard.
17:15 mtompset We have a full database dump from 7 hours ago.
17:18 magnuse success! \o/
17:18 jcamins magnuse: hooray!
17:18 jcamins What are we celebrating?
17:20 magnuse jenkins' success :-)
17:20 oleonard I guess some people are celebrating lunch
17:20 jcamins_lunch Oh.
17:20 jcamins_lunch Yes, that is a good thing.
17:20 jcamins_lunch As is lunch.
17:25 mtompset Have a good day, and for the religious, pray for our Koha system. :)
17:31 * oleonard waves good-weekend to everyone
17:32 * jcamins wishes he could call it a weekend at 13:30 on Friday.
17:34 * magnuse tries his hand at writing tests with T:W:M
17:35 jcamins magnuse++
17:35 magnuse it's just for the digital signs, so not very helpful until that feature is submitted
17:36 jcamins magnuse: still very good! :D
17:36 * jcamins can't wait to see the digital signs. :)
17:39 magnuse jcamins: you can get a sneak peek here:
17:40 jcamins \o/
17:41 jcamins Very cool!
17:43 magnuse i'm not making things easier for myself by changing names of things now
17:44 magnuse sign -> stream, deck -> sign
17:44 jcamins Heh.
17:44 jcamins No, not helpful.
17:47 magnuse should have thought twice about it before i decided what to use :-)
17:48 magnuse on the other hand, it's a good time to write tests :-)
17:48 jcamins It's always a good time to write tests!
17:49 magnuse true
17:51 magnuse i think i'm starting to get the hang of writing tests too - fun!
17:52 jcamins :)
17:52 Oak magnuse++
17:52 magnuse jcamins: i think we need some infrastructure for the mechanize tests
17:52 jcamins magnuse: like for logging in, etc.?
17:53 magnuse i'd like to easily test with different permissions
17:53 magnuse and with different settings for sysprefs
17:53 jcamins Ah. Yeah, that's much trickier.
17:53 magnuse and yeah, some very common tasks should probably be made easier
17:54 magnuse instead of copying and pasting into x number of test files...
17:54 jcamins If we were 100% Plackified and DBIx::Classed, I suppose it actually wouldn't be so hard.
17:55 magnuse i was thinking maybe we culd talk directly to the db for changing settings, or rather through C4::/Koha:: of course
17:55 magnuse but avoid using the web ui for it
17:55 jcamins Yeah, that would make sense.
17:55 magnuse but that might be cheating too much...
17:55 jcamins I don't think so.
17:55 magnuse yay
17:55 jcamins If you're not testing the setting changing, why add to the complexity?
17:55 magnuse yup
17:56 magnuse we'd need separate tests for testing the syspref and permissions ui
17:56 jcamins Right.
17:56 jcamins Though, of course, testing the syspref UI would be highly problematic.
17:56 magnuse i'll see if i can come up with any ideas as i try to write tests...
17:56 seneca joined #koha
17:58 magnuse yay - 5 passing tests now :-)
17:59 seneca Anyone run across this before?
18:00 jcamins seneca: is that yours?
18:00 seneca yeah
18:01 * jcamins had not seen it before.
18:01 jcamins However, it looks good. :)
18:01 seneca ha, thanks. ;)
18:01 seneca But I can't claim design on the error message ;P
18:01 jcamins There's no error message.
18:02 seneca oh?
18:02 seneca No "Byte order is not compatible at ..." ?
18:02 jcamins Not anywhere obvious.
18:02 jcamins Nope.
18:02 seneca weird...
18:02 wahanui weird is normal after a while :)
18:02 jcamins Clear your cookies.
18:02 jcamins And tell your school district to upgrade their computers.
18:03 seneca ha!
18:03 seneca yeah, loading up in FF just fine...
18:03 drojf no error for me, but given that i block about 6 third party servers maybe i am missing the fun :P
18:03 jcamins drojf: no, it has nothing to do with third-party servers.
18:03 seneca hahah
18:03 seneca yeah, that fixed it
18:03 seneca bizarre
18:04 seneca anyway...
18:04 jcamins It's a problem that comes up with old browsers when the version of the cookie thingy changes.
18:04 seneca Well, I _did_ just build that server last night... I guess I just hadn't browsed to it from this browser yet...
18:04 seneca sorry to bug, but thanks for the compliments ;)
18:05 jcamins Gimmes like that are always appreciated.
18:05 seneca heh
18:08 magnuse gimmes?
18:08 jcamins magnuse: an easy question.
18:09 magnuse ah
18:23 rangi morning
18:24 jcamins Morning.
18:24 wahanui morning is a state of mind. or whenever the cat wants breakfast.
18:25 rangi 4,388 emails that werent spam received to my bigballofwax account for september
18:25 magnuse kia ora rangi!
18:25 magnuse time to make pizza!
18:25 rangi i sent 169
18:25 jcamins That's a lot of e-mail.
18:26 rangi it is, and thats not even the work account
18:29 cait ouch :(
18:39 seneca joined #koha
18:41 rangi what date is american thanksgiving this year?
18:42 senator 22 november
18:42 jcamins I should probably put that on my calendar.
18:42 rangi thanks
18:43 melia joined #koha
18:47 rangi gonna have enough americans in wellington, we might have to do one here
18:48 cait :)
19:09 libsysguy joined #koha
19:58 mbalmer joined #koha
20:05 edveal left #koha
20:09 wizzyrea lol re: thanksgiving
20:09 wizzyrea you SURE you wanna get that started?
20:12 edveal joined #koha
20:50 drojf "Researchers are purposefully placing bugs in open source software during the development stages, so that when code appears in completed products,  those same researchers can highlight the flaws and profit from them where companies are willing to pay, Anderson has told TechWeekEurope. He claimed to know of several projects where this has happened, but declined to name names." ([…]rabilties-cyber-w
20:50 drojf that's an interesting business model
20:50 jcamins Sounds like FUD to me.
20:50 drojf or FUD
20:50 drojf heh
20:51 drojf yeah i'd like some proof on that
20:52 cait joined #koha
20:52 senator joined #koha
20:52 liw joined #koha
20:52 slef joined #koha
20:52 tweetbot` joined #koha
21:23 talljoy can someone verify that the location of this file: koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl moved from 3.8.1 to 3.8.3+??  used to be I could find it in kohaclone/etc/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/authorities directory and now is in kohaclone/etc/zebradb/xsl directory
21:25 cait you could check in git why and if it was moved
21:26 cait hm it doesn't look lik eit was moved
21:26 cait but I might be wrong
21:26 cait[…]cce170a786309589f
21:27 talljoy thanks cait.  i struggle with git
21:28 cait maybe it was moved tho
21:28 cait I am not sure what you are looking for
21:29 talljoy i'm working on a site to run the bib/auth linker and I have (for 3.8.1 sites) symlinked the files from kohaclone to koha-dev.
21:29 talljoy but in this 3.8.3 site, the file is not where i expect it in kohaclone.
21:29 talljoy i'll just have to play around here and see if I can figure it out
21:30 cait assume it was moved, find it and redo the symlink?
21:30 edveal left #koha
21:30 talljoy yes, i'm just not sure if I symlink to the directory i used before or the matching one on koha-dev.
21:31 talljoy i'll just have to try it both ways and see which one works.
21:55 santy joined #koha
22:18 santy joined #koha
22:20 maximep left #koha
22:32 cait left #koha
22:58 NateC joined #koha
23:01 Irma1 joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary