IRC log for #koha, 2012-06-27

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:08 Ccorrales joined #koha
02:06 BobB joined #koha
02:27 Waylon joined #koha
02:28 Waylon hiya all, and happy bday nengard.. who isn't even here.
02:29 Waylon okay, on a siege test of my two server-in-vms setup, 10 concurrent users, 5 second delay, only 70% of the searches get a response. is this because it is on vms?
02:30 jcamins_away Waylon: probably. Probably something to do with Apache settings.
02:31 jcamins_away Let me try that again.
02:31 jcamins_away Probably not the fact that they are VMs.
02:31 jcamins_away Probably Apache tuning.
02:31 * jcamins_away leaves again.
02:32 Waylon have got two physical servers... two vm's each server. on each, there is the actual live server, and a dev or upgrade test server. If we go the bare bone approach, we'll need another server to host the vms for the dev stuff.
02:33 jcamins_away Waylon: if you give the servers twice as much resources, they'll work twice as fast, but, as I said, I think the problem is probably in your Apache settings.
02:33 jcamins_away There's a page on tuning Koha somewhere on the wiki.
02:33 Waylon are you able to take a look, jcamins_away?
02:34 jcamins_away Not at the moment, sorry.
02:35 Waylon we're also running koha 2.0.0pre1
02:35 jcamins_away Waylon: you should be using Koha 3.6 or 3.8.
02:35 Waylon yeah.. ours has been heavily modded without git history
02:35 jcamins_away You won't be able to get any support on Koha 2.x, and about the only thing anyone is likely to remember how to do with 3.0 is upgrade.
02:36 Waylon huge speed increase in search with the 3.x branches?
02:37 rangi with 3.8 you can run the opac under plack, which is a massive speed increase
02:37 rangi but 3.6 will perform a lot faster the 2.0 searching too, on any database of a decent size
02:37 rangi say 30k records upwards
02:38 Waylon yeah i think we have more than 30k.
02:38 Waylon zebra alone needs more than 2GB registry.
02:38 jcamins_away You're going to have to do it eventually... pull down a git clone, locate where you forked, and start picking up the pieces.
02:38 jcamins_away No point in doing anything else with your servers until you do that.
02:38 jcamins_away Probably.
02:38 jcamins_away But *no one* is going to be able to help you with what you have now.
02:38 jcamins_away (even if they aren't more-or-less not here)
02:39 rangi wait, you are running zebra with 2.0???
02:39 Waylon oo wait.
02:39 * Waylon just woke up, okay..
02:39 Waylon Think i have 3.0.0pre1
02:40 Waylon marcxml and zebra.. yeha.
02:40 jcamins_away There's no such thing... I checked 'cause I was curious. Maybe a beta?
02:40 jcamins_away Or RC?
02:40 jcamins_away There is, in fact, a version 2.0.0pre1, though.
02:40 jcamins_away Okay, here's what you need to do:
02:40 jcamins_away 1. Figure out what version of Koha your fork was based on.
02:41 jcamins_away 2. Find the point in git where you branched off.
02:41 jcamins_away 3. Split your changes into self-contained commits.
02:41 jcamins_away 4. Upgrade to something modern, bringing along those changes you can't live without.
02:42 Waylon our $VERSION = "";
02:43 Waylon but ive tried to figure out the git version... and found patches that came from higher versions.. but patches in between were not brought in.
02:43 jcamins_away That's... unfortunate.
02:43 Waylon Before i came along.. the developer cherrypicked patches.
02:43 jcamins_away Unfortunately, there's no way around it.
02:43 Waylon yup
02:43 Waylon means a total redo, and reimplement.
02:44 jcamins_away You could conceivably hire a vendor to work with you on it, but I can tell you it wouldn't be cheap, and I'm not sure which vendor would be willing.
02:44 Waylon hah. im the coder for it. sadly, the only coder.
02:45 jcamins_away Well, you have your work cut out if you're going to be doing it all yourself.
02:45 Waylon 3.6 has speed advantage over 3.0?
02:46 jcamins_away I'd imagine.
02:46 jcamins_away It has one even more important advantage, though: people can talk to you about it and say something other than "ouch, that sucks... good luck."
02:49 Waylon yeah
02:49 Waylon okay, well.. thanks jcamins_away
02:49 jcamins_away Good luck.
02:49 Waylon yeh.
02:49 Waylon Think i need it.
02:49 jcamins_away You certainly do.
02:50 Waylon how does one turn off logging for one line of chat?
02:50 myra joined #koha
02:50 myra hi!
02:50 rangi hi myra
02:50 myra can i inquire here?
02:51 rangi you just did
02:51 jcamins_away @quote get 145
02:51 huginn jcamins_away: Quote #145: "Don't ask to ask, just ask!" (added by wizzyrea at 02:37 PM, July 07, 2011)
02:51 myra hahaha!
02:51 myra well, thanks rangi
02:51 myra is the biblionumber the same as call number?
02:51 rangi no
02:52 myra ok.  what is the purpose of the biblionumber?
02:52 rangi the biblionumber is Koha's internal id number, its used by Koha, and shouldnt be used by humans for anything
02:52 myra is it just like a reference number for each record entered in the database?
02:52 rangi you might have 3 items with the same callnumber
02:52 rangi yes
02:52 rangi its a unique identifier
02:52 rangi not for human usage
02:53 myra ok.
02:53 myra so, what is the format of the biblionumber?
02:53 rangi whatever you do, do not ever delete it from the frameworks
02:53 Waylon hmm.... in fact rangi, to avoid spydering, the company i work for is considering encrypting their biblionumbers.
02:53 rangi lol thats the silliest thing ive heard today
02:53 jcamins_away Waylon: are you kidding?
02:53 myra ok
02:54 Waylon on webside that is.
02:54 Waylon dbase side, would be the same.
02:54 jcamins_away Waylon: I am totally perplexed by this. That's absolutely nuts.
02:54 rangi sounds like a recipe for madness, and making it even slower, and wouldnt work
02:54 rangi if they were running 3.4 or later, opacpublic would do that for them
02:54 jcamins_away rangi: but, you could encrypt the bib numbers!
02:54 Waylon okay, how would they stop mass sequential downloads?
02:55 jcamins_away Using asymetrical keys.
02:55 rangi make it not public
02:55 jcamins_away Waylon: either don't let people who aren't allowed access onto the system, or give up.
02:55 jcamins_away You can't have your cake and eat it too.
02:55 Waylon its not public. its only accesable to universities and their students.
02:55 jcamins_away Right, there's no way around this.
02:55 rangi so you dont want the students to spider it?
02:56 * jcamins_away thinks he may have heard of some software written by some students once.
02:57 jcamins_away It had this really catchy name...
02:57 jcamins_away Oh yeah, Linux.
02:57 rangi hehe
02:58 Waylon yes rangi... can't trust students.. might mass download and then just offer the pdfs for download on the net.
02:58 jcamins_away Waylon: then they need to find an alternative to Koha that provides a proprietary reader.
02:58 jcamins_away And get used to the idea that if any students cared, they'd get around it.
02:59 * jcamins_away would never support inclusion of a proprietary reader into Koha, for the record.
02:59 Waylon so the idea of encrypting the biblionumbers before they go out, and then on receving a download/details request, decrypting the param, is a bad idea?
02:59 jcamins_away Monumentally bad.
02:59 jcamins_away Kind of like Napoleon's plan to take a hike in Russia.
03:01 Waylon why, how long does it take to encrypt one number?
03:01 jcamins_away A) who cares?
03:01 jcamins_away B) see A
03:02 Waylon Okay, so... why would it be bad?
03:02 jcamins_away C) not an insignificant amount of time
03:02 jcamins_away If something goes wrong, you are not going to be able to debug.
03:02 jcamins_away (for example)
03:03 jcamins_away If you are using actual encryption, it's expensive.
03:03 rangi you're punishing everyone, to stop a few, better look at the logs, find out who is doing it, discipline them
03:03 jcamins_away If you are using a hash, it's easy to figure out.
03:03 rangi and any algorithm you can decrypt
03:03 rangi in a reasonable time
03:03 jcamins_away You would have to rewrite every single page.
03:03 rangi someone else can
03:04 jcamins_away Didn't I just say that?
03:04 rangi if you amke it one time use, then no persistent urls
03:04 rangi yep, im just reinforcing how mad it is :)
03:04 jcamins_away Okay, just checking.
03:06 Waylon what about a new column, random uuid+encryption per biblio, and thats the param that goes in and out, no encryption/decryption done, and intranet can still do everything by biblionumbers?
03:08 jcamins_away If you really wanted, that'd be less of a bad idea (but forget the encryption), but still a very bad idea.
03:11 jcamins_away Also, this would in no way prevent anyone from downloading all the records.
03:11 jcamins_away A person just has to do a search that returns the entire database and use a screen scraper.
03:12 rangi or wget -r from the search
03:12 Waylon right. a search that returns the entire db would time out though?
03:12 rangi no
03:12 jcamins_away Of course not.
03:12 jcamins_away What use would a search engine be if it couldn't return results?
03:14 Waylon well.. for a page of results, yeah but for the entire 2GB of results?
03:14 rangi it only returns a page at a time
03:14 * Waylon nods.
03:14 Waylon So would take some time.
03:14 rangi so im failing to see your point the wget follows the next link too
03:14 cjh even if they couldnt view the database in one go, they could script it to view it in however many chunks they want..
03:14 Waylon oo..
03:15 jcamins_away Scraping a database is going to take a while no matter what.
03:15 Waylon right.
03:15 jcamins_away 'Cause you're downloading a heck of a lot of data.
03:20 rangi and people do it :)
03:20 rangi[…]g_metadata_source._Can_I_import_it_into_Koha.3F_.2830_min.29
03:20 jcamins_away That was *so cool*.
03:20 jcamins_away And I wasn't even there.
03:20 rangi :)
03:21 Waylon well.. ive submitted my response to the performance issue.... oh another thing i forgot to mention, the sysadmin thinks it could be disk performance because of vms.... however, i use physical partitions/LVM volumes in XCP. not images or whatever SR system XCP natively has.
03:21 Waylon and zebra is on a seperate physical hdd.
03:21 rangi have you watched iotop
03:21 jcamins_away You could try benchmarking.
03:21 rangi and top
03:22 rangi when you try to load test
03:22 rangi dollars to donuts its apache using all the ram and swapping
03:22 * Waylon nods. "need to give apache more ram eh?
03:23 rangi top will tell you, but thats my random guess
03:23 jcamins_away No bet.
03:24 Waylon how does one get the total (all processes) amount of ram, apache is using ?
03:25 Waylon sieging now.
03:26 Waylon everythjing seems.... .. well. did seem fine until a few seconds ago.
03:26 Waylon now getting some time outs.
03:27 Waylon lifted siege.. .seeing if anytthing is in logs.
03:30 * jcamins_away calls it a night, his sudden burst of desire to have a spotless kitchen having passed.
03:30 Waylon k. night jcamins_away
03:31 Waylon no apparent errors in the koha-opac-error log
03:33 Irma joined #koha
03:44 Waylon interesting... server1 has lots of used swap.. server 2 has basically none used.
03:49 Waylon ah.. server2 just had lots of zebrasrv processes in iotop hitting 99% cpu for a bit... soon after they diseappeaered... siege said timeout.
04:00 Waylon hmm... how do i decrease the amount of io zebra needs to do?
04:21 Waylon hmmmmm... could plack work with koha 3.0?
04:26 Oak joined #koha
04:27 Oak kia ora #koha
04:36 cait joined #koha
04:45 Waylon hello oak
04:46 Oak hello Waylon :)
04:46 Oak Guten Morgen cait
04:46 cait hi Oak :)
04:46 Oak :)
05:00 brylie joined #koha
05:02 sophie_m joined #koha
05:19 mveron joined #koha
05:19 mveron Good morning #koha
05:21 cait hi mveron :)
05:21 mveron hi cait :-)
05:33 rangi[…]-to-global-system
05:35 Irma joined #koha
05:37 cait joined #koha
05:37 rangi wb cait
05:37 cait thx rangi
05:45 dcook joined #koha
05:47 dcook Quick question for everyone. How do people keep on top of new patches? I saw Nicole's "Bug 8321 - fix OPACShowBarcode description" and was utterly confused until I saw Amit's "Bug 6774 - Display barcode on OPAC detail page". Yet, when I went to apply that patch, it seemed that I was still behind, so I kept getting conflicts.
05:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8321 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Needs Signoff , fix OPACShowBarcode description
05:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6774 enhancement, P3, ---, amit.gupta, Pushed to Master , Display barcode on OPAC detail page
05:48 cait dcook: what are you trying to do?
05:50 dcook I installed 3.8.0 back in May, and I've been working on cutting over all our local enhancements from 3.2.x (we're quite behind). One of our enhancements was to show the barcode in, but when I saw that was unnecessary, I wanted to go with the community version.
05:50 cait dcook: the feature is very new
05:51 cait so it will be in 3.10 probably, maybe in one of the other versions if rmaint decides to port it back, but as it's a new feature, that's not so likely
05:52 cait I think I would update to the latest stable version and then wait
05:52 cait customizations are always trouble
05:52 dcook Agreed, but we do quite a few of them anyway :P
05:53 cait if you can't wait you should be using git for your changes
05:53 dcook Actually, I'm hoping to feed a great many back into the community so as to avoid this exercise in the future
05:53 cait and you can try to port the solution, but be careful with the database update
05:53 dcook All our new enhancements I commit to the git
05:53 cait giving back is the best way doing it :)
05:53 dcook It is a philosophy I endorse whole-heartedly :)
05:54 dcook Unfortunately, in the past, we didn't have the time so there is this enormous backlog
05:54 dcook Definitely more than a little overwhelming :S
05:54 cait consider filing bug reports on bugzilla :) - that way other people can comment and we can avoid doubled up work
05:55 dcook That's what I've been doing lately with new bugs I come across that I don't have the time to fix. Are you saying that I should be registering each of my enhancements on bugzilla?
05:55 cait I think it's a good idea yes :)
05:56 cait at least the bigger ones
05:56 cait and if you are now making them work with a current version, might be worth to submit patches for master in the same step
05:56 cait while you still know what you are doing and how it works - and it will help getting them in the next version
05:56 cait so your next update will be way more painless
05:57 dcook That is the goal :)
05:57 cait :)
05:57 cait for the barcode you have different options
05:57 cait it might be easier to put a quick fix in and note somewhere it will work with 3.10
05:57 cait with the bug number
05:58 dcook Mmm, good idea. The fix is already in, so it would probably be a good idea to put that in our local register
05:59 dcook I think we have ~300 changes, so I'm tearing at my hair a bit here :p
05:59 cait well... heh
05:59 dcook I'm really reluctant to cut across that many, when I much rather stay current with the community
05:59 cait yeah, 300 is a lot
05:59 cait are those bigger features or more changes to display?
05:59 dcook Good question
06:00 cait for changes to the templates jquery can do lots of things - so you don't need to change the files
06:00 dcook I came here 6 months ago, but the company has been using Koha for the past 5 years
06:00 cait jquery library?
06:00 wahanui i think jquery library is found at[…]ki/JQuery_Library
06:00 cait aah
06:00 cait so it's not even changes you made
06:00 * cait sends coookies
06:00 dcook Exactly
06:00 dcook ty ^_^
06:01 * dcook cries a little inside
06:01 cait sounds like you will need them :)
06:01 dcook I think so!
06:02 cait koha 3.8 is really different to 3.2.x - lots of new features and improvements
06:02 dcook Oh...the jQuery library is looking interesting
06:02 cait might be that not all of your changes are still needed
06:02 dcook That's what I'm hoping, but since they're not all my changes, it's hard to say sometimes :/
06:03 dcook Fortunately, the writer is still here at the company. He's just busy with other projects
06:03 cait ah that's good then :)
06:03 cait if he still remembers :)
06:03 cait you can always come back here - still a bit silent now
06:03 cait but more people around later today
06:04 cait where are you from?
06:04 dcook I'm in Sydney, Australia, so I only have about an hour left in the work day
06:04 dcook I'll be telecommuting from Vancouver, Canada later in the year though for a few months
06:05 cait ah
06:05 cait I am in Germany - so my work day is just about to begin
06:06 dcook Always a handy part of open source :)
06:07 cait yeah, #koha is pretty much 24 hours :)
06:07 cait but weekends are a bit quiet
06:08 dcook I'm glad to hear that people take breaks ;)
06:08 dcook How common are customizations with your instance of Koha?
06:09 cait consider updating to 3.8.3 - lots of bug fixes in there
06:09 cait and 3.8.4 will be good too
06:09 cait we never did many
06:09 dcook Didn't 3.8.2 just come out?
06:09 cait we learned the lesson with another project
06:09 cait oh, you are right
06:09 dcook Ahhh 3.8.2 for stable...
06:09 cait confusing my numbers
06:10 cait we are running Koha without customizations now :)
06:11 cait there are some changes to indexing still, because that was not a solution for everyone. But I hope to get rid of that too with 3.10 and dom indexing :)
06:11 cait Koha is moving so fast, it's fun to work with.
06:18 dcook It really is. I was very excited when 3.8 came out
06:18 dcook We also do DSpace, and we try to limit our customizations to that as much as possible. I'm thinking that might be a good idea for Koha as well
06:19 dcook Quick question
06:19 dcook How do you update with the new releases. Surely, you don't do a complete re-install
06:19 cait no we don't
06:19 cait it depends a bit on the kind of installation you did in the first place
06:19 cait there are standard installations, dev installations with git, packages...
06:21 dcook I think that we did the standard installation
06:21 dcook Is the dev install the one where it runs Koha from your git clone?
06:22 cait it can
06:22 cait but it's also a different file structure
06:22 cait you can do a dev installation without git - but not sure if that makes much sense
06:22 cait I think with your customizations a dev installation with git would make sense
06:23 cait standard is not so practical for that
06:27 cait with standard you normally download the tarball, unpack it, run Makefile with the right parameters (it's been a while since I did that)
06:28 cait with git you can checkout the new version and run Makefile so it updated indexing configuration
06:28 cait it really works well
06:29 cait the database update will kick in automatically whenever your version in the database is different from the version in
06:29 cait ok, time to get to work
06:29 cait bye dcook
06:29 cait left #koha
06:29 dcook bye cait. Thanks for your help!
06:40 hdl joined #koha
06:42 reiveune joined #koha
06:42 reiveune hello
06:42 wahanui what's up, reiveune
06:47 ropuch Morning #koha
07:03 matts hi #koha !
07:07 julian_m joined #koha
07:14 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:14 gaetan_B hello :)
07:14 kf joined #koha
07:14 asaurat joined #koha
07:14 laurence joined #koha
07:25 kf hi #koha
07:26 francharb joined #koha
07:27 francharb good morning
07:27 kf hi francharb
07:28 rangi back
07:39 paul_p joined #koha
07:45 mbalmer joined #koha
07:54 stuartyeates joined #koha
08:05 * magnuse cheers for Waimate!
08:08 * kf cheers too
08:18 * magnuse cheers for Stuff too, for bringing news about libraries changing their ils ;-)
08:21 kf mveron++ :)
08:21 * kf is still catching up on mail from being away for 3 days...
08:21 mveron kf:Thanks.  What for ?  :-)
08:25 kf general awesomeness? :)
08:25 kf and lots of sign offs!
08:25 mveron :-)
08:26 eythian joined #koha
08:27 kf good morning eythian :)
08:27 eythian howdy
08:27 wahanui hola, eythian
08:44 drojf1 joined #koha
08:59 magnuse kia ora eythian
08:59 eythian hello
08:59 wahanui what's up, eythian
09:08 sandeepbhavsar joined #koha
09:10 sandeepbhavsar Dear all
09:10 sandeepbhavsar kindly guide me for this error - Availability - No items Available
09:11 sandeepbhavsar i just imported the data and even getting the search through OPAC
09:11 sandeepbhavsar but all records shows that Availability - No items Available
09:11 eythian are there items?
09:12 sandeepbhavsar for every record koha shows 7 holdings
09:12 sandeepbhavsar i have done the indexing with
09:13 sandeepbhavsar is there any mistake in indexing
09:13 eythian Using nozebra is strongly not recommended.
09:13 eythian Basically, it doesn't really work.
09:14 sandeepbhavsar ok then what should i do, because i really dont have any knowledge of zebra
09:14 sandeepbhavsar[…]ember/031485.html
09:14 sandeepbhavsar same error is face earlier also
09:15 eythian I would recommend going through the documentation about setting up zebra
09:15 eythian Because it's currently really the only way to do searching.
09:15 sandeepbhavsar are u sure that this has happened only because nozebra is used
09:16 eythian No.
09:16 kf how did you import the items?
09:16 kf it should be 1 952 field for each item
09:16 sandeepbhavsar yes i have that field
09:16 kf and 952 should at least have a b and y I think
09:17 eythian that might well be part of it too.
09:19 sandeepbhavsar I have
09:19 sandeepbhavsar =952  \\$aACC
09:19 sandeepbhavsar =952  \\$bACC
09:19 sandeepbhavsar =952  \\$g0.00
09:19 sandeepbhavsar =952  \\$oB1
09:19 sandeepbhavsar =952  \\$pB1
09:19 kf es
09:19 sandeepbhavsar =952  \\$v0.00
09:19 kf this should be one field
09:19 sandeepbhavsar =952  \\$yB
09:19 eythian that will explain why you have 7 of them
09:19 kf =952 \\$a...$b...$...
09:20 kf also make sure that ABB and B are valid codes for brnaches and itemtypes in your configuration
09:21 sandeepbhavsar yes B is for itemtype book
09:21 kf ok :) it's only something that can go wrong - so I was pointing it out
09:21 kf I think if you combine the fields into one your results should look a lot better
09:21 eythian yep
09:21 eythian but also, using nozebra is a bad idea
09:21 eythian the sooner we remove that the better
09:22 eythian wahanui: nozebra
09:22 wahanui nozebra is much slower
09:22 kf wahanui: forget nozebra
09:22 wahanui kf: I forgot nozebra
09:22 rangi and doesnt understand items
09:22 kf nozebra is deprecated and should not be used
09:22 kf nozebra
09:22 kf nozebra?
09:22 wahanui i heard nozebra was deprecated and should not be used
09:22 rangi the syspref is only there, so people can switch to zebra
09:22 sandeepbhavsar kindly guide how can i have one field
09:22 kf rangi: removing the cronjob might be also a good idea
09:22 rangi when the upgrade, it can die for 3.10 i reckon
09:22 rangi kf: it doesnt use the cronjob
09:23 eythian sandeepbhavsar: when you convert your data, you must do it differently
09:23 kf i meant the script sandeepbhavsar was using
09:23 rangi nozebra indexes when you make a change
09:23 kf
09:23 eythian sandeepbhavsar: but we don't know how you're doing that, so you'll have to explain more.
09:23 rangi yes, thats not needed
09:24 rangi thats like a flush and rebuild with zebra
09:24 rangi but killing the syspref so that you cant use it would be good
09:24 eythian the patch could delete the setting to, so that it fell back to default.
09:24 rangi yep
09:24 rangi needs to warn
09:24 eythian yeah
09:25 rangi but yeah it should die, specially with the new bug 8233
09:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8233 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , New search engine layer - introduce solr without breaking anything else
09:25 eythian yes
09:25 rangi there's no way it will ever work with that
09:25 kf I think there is also a patch from jared soemwhere removing some of the nozebra code
09:25 wahanui okay, kf.
09:25 kf forget I think there is
09:25 kf I think there is <reply>
09:26 kf hm
09:26 asaurat joined #koha
09:26 eythian kf: it's funnier if you stop deprogramming wahanui
09:27 kf :P
09:28 kf I only do it if it makes no sense and is not very funny
09:28 kf see, he still does your jokes:
09:28 kf germs?
09:28 wahanui Germs originated in Germany, before rapidly spreading throughout the rest of the world.
09:28 eythian kf: but you're from Germany, how could we possibly trust your sense of humour? ;)
09:28 kf lol
09:32 kf ... wait until you get here!
09:32 kf ;)
09:46 paul_p joined #koha
09:47 kf hi paul_p :)
09:47 magnuse bonjour paul_p
09:52 magnuse ooh, new issue of code4lib journal!
10:04 paul_p good morning kf & magnuse
10:05 * paul_p is back from meeting with accountant. Phone call to banker,... not what I prefer in my job ;-)
10:11 * magnuse understands paul_p completely
10:14 Waylon hmm... how do i decrease the amount of io zebra needs to do? or increase the performance of zebra?
10:25 eythian if zebra IO is a problem for you, it might be time to upgrade that 386 ;)
10:25 eythian (I've never seen it IO bound really)
10:25 eythian well, for more than a short time when doing a complete rebuild
10:37 kf paul_p: I think fridolyn was at the first hackfest in marseille? :)
10:39 nengard joined #koha
10:50 kf Happy Birthday nengard :)
10:50 kf or was it yesterday?
10:50 nengard :) thank you
10:50 nengard it's today
10:58 kf Herzlichen Glückwunsch :)
10:59 kf so shouldn't you be doing something fun with bengard?
11:03 magnuse gratulerer med dagen nengard!
11:04 nengard Tusen takk
11:04 magnuse yay!
11:04 nengard :)
11:04 nengard hehe
11:04 nengard kf we both have to wrok
11:04 nengard work
11:04 kf oh :(
11:04 nengard and he left this morning without wishing me a happy bday ? so i'm not sure he realizes the date
11:04 nengard :(
11:04 kf maybe friday?
11:04 kf or there will be a surprise?
11:05 nengard this past saturday we had a bunch of friends and family over
11:12 laurence left #koha
11:22 jwagner joined #koha
11:24 paul_p kf yep, fridolyn was at the 1st hackfest in Marseille
11:25 kf cool :)
11:27 drojf1 hello #koha
11:27 kf hi drojf
11:27 drojf and happy birthday nengard
11:28 nengard thanks
11:29 drojf hey kf. how is the multi-screen life? :)
11:29 kf heh it's working now
11:29 kf but laptop at home
11:29 kf now back at work :)
11:34 drojf woot! just threw mustard and mango-habanero-sauce all over myself
11:42 nengard in the aqorders table ? where is the vendor or booksellerid?
11:42 nengard oh! figured it out - it's in aqbasket
11:42 nengard okay
11:44 drojf joined #koha
11:53 nengard does anyone know why you can't make an attribute repeatable after it's saved? Would me changing it at the DB level break anything?
11:53 magnuse drojf: that seems to be an over-reaction to kf being at work...
11:53 drojf :D
11:53 nengard hehe
11:55 kf nengard: not sure really
11:55 kf maybe try on a test db?
11:56 nengard yeah - was gonna do that
12:02 jcamins o/
12:03 drojf hi jcamins
12:05 jcamins Good morning.
12:10 kf hi jcamins :)
12:11 hdl joined #koha
12:25 paul_p_ joined #koha
12:29 tcohen joined #koha
12:31 tcohen hi #koha!
12:31 drojf hi tcohen
12:31 magnuse hiya tcohen
12:31 tcohen happy birthday nengard!
12:31 nengard :) thanks
12:32 tcohen big party coming?
12:37 drojf last IRC meeting ended at 18:45:44 UTC. so i guess we close bidding for kohacon 2013 today at the same time?
12:38 drojf nengard: will you be doing the limesurvey magic?
12:39 nengard yup
12:39 nengard tcohen - had that this past saturday
12:42 tcohen nengard :-D
12:49 ttuc joined #koha
12:50 ttuc hi, could anyone tell me how to get borrowers.db for my offline circulation module
12:52 jcamins You have to generate it. I think the instructions may be in the manual, though I'm not certain.
12:54 JesseM joined #koha
12:57 ttuc i have been able to get the csv version of the table but this .db is what am not sure.
12:57 jcamins I don't know. I don't use it, sorry.
12:58 jcamins Maybe misc/cronjobs/
12:59 ttuc i have been able to get the csv version of the table but this .db is what am not sure.
13:00 jcamins I've never heard of borrowers.csv, and I still have never user offline circulation.
13:02 kf packages
13:02 wahanui somebody said packages was at
13:02 jcamins ... someone else might know something about offline circulation.
13:04 collum joined #koha
13:04 ago43 joined #koha
13:05 mib_ebk9t3 joined #koha
13:12 edveal joined #koha
13:13 schuster joined #koha
13:14 mib_ebk9t3 anone aware of how to get borrowers.db for offline circulation?
13:15 kf mib_ebk9t3: maybe ask on the mailing list
13:15 kf mib_ebk9t3: and also give your version and which offline circ you are using (I think the applicaton from kyle hall?)
13:17 mib_ebk9t3 yes
13:17 jcamins I just Googled "borrowers.db koha" and got the following result: http://perldoc.koha-community.[…]reate_koc_db.html
13:20 mib_ebk9t3 let me check.
13:21 jcamins I would imagine that is probably accurate, though I work mostly with reference-only libraries.
13:22 schuster Linked data authority lookup noted in the newsletter whoot!
13:23 jcamins schuster: the VIAF thing? Yeah, that's pretty amazing.
13:23 schuster During a discussion about linked data it was discussed that if the Library community is interested in something generally the open source community adopts it the Library groups find it interesting and then demand the proprietary systems include it.
13:23 schuster How true that is...  jcamins - VIAF YES!
13:25 jcamins schuster: I guess the discussants elided the issue that us open source developers don't actually work for free, and therefore libraries will need to make their interest financially relevant?
13:28 NateC joined #koha
13:33 schuster I think the thought there is Librarians are Innovative and as we work with our Developers in the Open source arena we get things WE want and make it happen rather than waiting for someone else to do it.
13:33 schuster jcamins - Or for a proprietary vendor to come up with the idea... Oh really come on...
13:34 jcamins schuster: I'm all for that. This is how it _should_ work.
13:34 jcamins But too many people think open source = magical little gnomes will make the program do whatever they want for free.
13:34 schuster jcamins - Yep that's why I'm here...
13:35 schuster jcamins - it's a mind shift...  it took me about 2 months to figure out how it all really worked.  We went with a support company initially and what "support" means is very different in open source vs proprietary
13:35 jcamins For the record, I would like some magical little gnomes that work for free. :)
13:36 schuster The benefit though was all the money we saved annually we could still carve a portion of that into development and get what we wanted and still save $60,000 a year.
13:36 schuster jcamins - I need some gnomes that ...  Clean house, mow yard, do laundry, and if they could code that would be a bonus!  HA HA HA....
13:37 jcamins Ooh, house cleaning gnomes would be excellent.
13:38 NateC joined #koha
13:44 talljoy joined #koha
13:44 jcamins Has anyone noticed problems with acqui/ recently?
13:46 jcamins Never mind.
13:49 maximep joined #koha
13:50 hdl joined #koha
13:51 larryb joined #koha
13:58 schuster jcamins - bug 7345  stripping local use fields out of marc export.  Does that only work in the opac or does that work with the export utility as well in tools?
13:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7345 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, RESOLVED FIXED, Should be possible to export MARC records without private fields
13:59 hdl joined #koha
14:00 jcamins It does not impact the export tool.
14:06 * jcamins wonders what ILS is used by these people who are acting shocked at the idea of an OPAC without working subject browsing.
14:06 jcamins Off the top of my head, I cannot think of a single ILS, proprietary or otherwise, that provides decent browsing capabilities.
14:08 mib_ebk9t3 i have seen this script: but where am i supposed to run it? my koha is running on ubuntu
14:08 jcamins Did you read the perldoc I sent you?
14:08 jcamins It looks like you are supposed to run it from cron.
14:09 jcamins At that point, you will need to download the borrowers.db file to the computer where you are doing offline circulation.
14:09 jcamins Koha will not set that up for you automatically for security reasons.
14:09 jcamins Answer: they use some sort of horrifying custom (I think) ILS written in Visual Studio which hardly functions at all.
14:17 datadoctor joined #koha
14:23 datadoctor Bon anniversaire!
14:24 mrdavis joined #koha
14:29 jcamins Ouch!
14:31 nengard what??
14:31 jcamins nengard: you'll get the mail in about five minutes. You're on ACAT too. :)
14:31 jcamins Wait, no, this isn't ACAT.
14:31 nengard autocat
14:31 nengard hehe
14:31 jcamins So, you won't get the mail.
14:32 nengard what's acat?
14:32 jcamins Autocat.
14:32 jcamins But it isn't on autocat.
14:32 nengard i'm so confused right now
14:32 jcamins The message I just quoted is from a mailing list you are not on.
14:33 jcamins However, it was in the middle of a dozen autocat messages, so I got confused, and told you you'd receive the message.
14:33 jcamins You probably won't because it's a local NYC list.
14:35 jcamins So you can ignore everything after the "Ouch" and quote. :)
14:42 mib_ebk9t3 i have added the script. where does koha save the borrowers.db
14:48 julian_m joined #koha
15:02 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7304 followup DBRev number <[…]81218703882d382fa> / Bug 7304: More permissions for budgets <[…]3fdbd7113c6180207> / Bug 7905: Follow up - Multi-line subscription notes <[…]d91f744ff95b442bd
15:05 jenkins_koha Starting build #768 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:08 reiveune bye
15:08 reiveune left #koha
15:19 * mveron ...has to go, good evening to everybody!
15:19 mveron quit
15:26 brylie joined #koha
15:33 vfernandes joined #koha
15:33 vfernandes hi there.... guys where is the script?
15:35 collsk12 joined #koha
15:35 vfernandes to use dontmerge - authorities system preference
15:36 * kf tries summoning jcamins
15:36 jcamins Poof!
15:36 kf have you checked the misc directory and its subdirectories?
15:36 kf oh cool :) it worked!
15:36 vfernandes yes ite sould be on bin/cronjobs but nothing
15:37 jcamins misc/migration_tools/
15:37 vfernandes sould be different then
15:37 jcamins I should warn you I've never used it, though.
15:37 jcamins Hm.
15:37 jcamins You're right.
15:38 * jcamins did a find for "merge*"
15:38 vfernandes should update records that uses one authority which was updated
15:39 vfernandes dontmerge - do/don't automatically update attached biblios when changing an authority record. If this is off, please ask your administrator to enable the cronjob.
15:39 jcamins The script does not exist.
15:39 jcamins I'd file a bug.
15:39 jcamins It must've been deleted.
15:41 vfernandes tell me something
15:41 vfernandes when you update a authority the linked records are updated?
15:41 jcamins It should be if you have dontmerge set properly.
15:42 jcamins However, I don't edit authorities.
15:42 jcamins I replace them.
15:42 vfernandes but dontmerge needs the script :/
15:42 jcamins clrh++
15:43 jcamins vfernandes: no, if you set it the other way, you don't need a script.
15:43 jcamins That's the entire point of dontmerge.
15:44 vfernandes so if don't merge is set to "don't" updating a authority updates the record?
15:44 vfernandes i'm confusing....
15:45 vfernandes only sh*t.... i'm so dumb sometimes
15:45 vfernandes lol
15:45 kf clrh++
15:45 vfernandes the script is only needed when it is off = don't
15:45 jcamins Right. Or on. I always get the two confused because "dontmerge" is such a bad name for a syspref. ;)
15:46 vfernandes you bet... :D
15:46 kf like nozebra
15:46 asaurat left #koha
15:48 jcamins You know what I need?
15:48 jcamins I need a test that creates a 3.0.0 database, runs updatedatabase on it, then compares the result to a database created by kohastructure.sql.
15:48 vfernandes thanks jcamins and kf for the help... sometimes it's better stop a little and read the description well :D
15:49 jcamins :)
15:49 jcamins That one is a staggeringly confusing syspref.
15:49 vfernandes sure is...
15:50 kf yep it is
15:52 eythian jcamins: that would be relatively easy to do
15:53 jcamins eythian: I keep on thinking that.
15:53 jcamins Then I sit down to try and realize that I can't figure it out at all.
15:53 * jcamins nominates eythian to do it. :)
15:54 eythian install fresh 3.8, dump the schema, install 3.0, run koha-update-schema, dump the schema, diff
15:54 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #768: UNSTABLE in 49 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/768/
15:54 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 5345: DataTables integration in acquisition module [5]
15:54 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7905: display serial notes on several lines
15:54 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7905: Follow up - Multi-line subscription notes
15:54 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 7304: More permissions for budgets
15:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5345 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , DataTables in Koha
15:54 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7304 followup DBRev number
15:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7905 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , Multi-line notes are displayed on one line in Staff Serials page
15:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7304 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Working on funds ergonomic display and funds management by multi librarians
15:54 eythian just copy-paste what I wrote into a terminal, it'll be fine :D
15:55 NateC left #koha
15:55 NateC joined #koha
15:59 jcamins eythian: the problem is that doesn't work, because the names of foreign keys and indexes (and their order) may not be identical.
16:00 eythian then write something that parses the SQL and normalises things :)
16:00 jcamins eythian: right, see, that's the point where I realize I don't quite get it.
16:01 SJeffery joined #koha
16:02 jcamins There's mysqldiff, but I find it somewhat perplexing.
16:05 kf yay
16:05 * kf got to the web installer in her new koha sandbox :)
16:06 jcamins :)
16:07 kf some day I will correct the typo on the button
16:07 jcamins What typo on what button?
16:07 kf 'import' instead of 'Import'
16:07 * eythian attempts to relearn how debian's perl team does everything after they've gone and changed it all since I last did stuff.
16:07 eythian Want to get some of the koha deps into debian before freeze.
16:08 kf eythian++ :)
16:08 jcamins eythian++
16:09 kf ok, now zebra :)
16:09 sekjal joined #koha
16:11 * jcamins runs the regression test against the import batch functionality.
16:12 kf :)
16:12 kf jcamins++
16:13 jcamins And, good news! Bib import still works fine.
16:13 jcamins :D
16:13 jcamins Now I just need to add a test plan for the user interface.
16:14 jcamins I don't suppose my test plan can be "import an authority"?
16:14 eythian jcamins: cucumber or something?
16:14 jcamins eythian: huh?
16:16 * eythian finds references
16:17 jcamins Folks, I've said it before and I will say it again: we need more regression tests!
16:17 eythian @notauthed
16:17 eythian Scenario: Login without any details
16:17 eythian Given I am on the login page
16:17 eythian When I press "Login »"
16:17 eythian Then the "Username" field should have errors
16:17 eythian And the "Password" field should have errors
16:17 eythian stuff like that
16:17 jcamins Ooh.
16:17 jcamins No, I wrote it using Test::WWW::Mechanize.
16:17 jcamins And http-recorder.
16:18 eythian[…]ibtest-cukes-perl
16:18 jcamins Ooh.
16:20 * eythian only heard of this today
16:20 melia joined #koha
16:20 eythian hello melia
16:20 melia hi eythian
16:20 jcamins I think I would need more examples of using that to understand it.
16:23 SJeffery joined #koha
16:23 kf zebra - done
16:23 kf cronjobs
16:23 wahanui cronjobs are essential
16:23 jcamins They can be.
16:24 jcamins Okay, what's step 2 for testing importing authority records?
16:24 jcamins I feel like this is something that really just requires the tester to know what the expect.
16:25 jcamins "Make sure it will import an authority record" pretty much describes what needs to be tested.
16:25 jcamins If it doesn't do that in the way the tester expected, it doesn't work.
16:25 jcamins But I don't know exactly what the tester's workflow is, and that's why they're testing it and not me.
16:26 jcamins Comments?
16:26 wahanui Comments are turned on
16:26 jcamins Thanks, wahanui.
16:26 wahanui jcamins: no worries
16:26 kf lol
16:26 jcamins Ta, wahanui
16:26 wahanui jcamins: sorry...
16:26 kf jcamins: the tester will come up with a test plan for this
16:26 jcamins kf: yeah, that's what I thought.
16:26 jcamins Thanks.
16:26 kf ... says the person that volunteered testing :)
16:27 kf hm person who volunteered to test?
16:27 * kf should go home
16:27 jcamins I have instructions for using the command line tools, because they only support a single workflow.
16:27 jcamins The second was correct. :)
16:27 SJeffery Morning Melia :)
16:27 melia morning!
16:27 wahanui hmmm... morning is a state of mind. or whenever the cat wants breakfast.
16:28 SJeffery Is everyone at Bywater recovered from ALA?
16:28 * kf creates a new snapshot "koha installed"
16:28 jcamins SJeffery: did you find a Koha gathering?
16:28 SJeffery ok, who wrote the bib record import script and neglected to add oclc number and lc numbers as matching rules, grrr.
16:29 SJeffery No, never did. I ended up being way too busy to organize anything.
16:29 jcamins SJeffery: actually, fixing that is kind of a side effect of this authority matching development I'm doing.
16:29 jcamins I was trying to figure out how to go about installing them on updates about ten seconds before you said that.
16:30 SJeffery Did we have some sort of vulcan mind meld in the past or something?
16:30 jcamins lol
16:30 jcamins I think it's kind of a natural thing to get frustrated with any time you're thinking about importing.
16:31 jcamins I'm thinking if I call the matching rules OCLC-SAMPLE and LCCN-SAMPLE, that'll make it clear for those (few) libraries who have OCLC and LCCN matching rules already.
16:31 jcamins And I can add a random suffix if those names are taken, too.
16:32 kf jcamins: :)
16:32 kf you could check for the field number
16:32 kf and don't update if they already have one
16:32 kf maybe?
16:32 jcamins I thought about that, but that won't work because some people use 001 for OCLC number instead of 035.
16:32 kf ... knows some of those people
16:33 * jcamins hopes that you have told them that it's a mistake.
16:33 kf um.
16:33 * jcamins hopes you will go forth and tell them that immediately.
16:34 kf you know how it works here :) I was not referring to oclc number but to the unon catalog ID
16:34 jcamins That's different.
16:34 kf I think in fact we also have oclc numbers in 035
16:34 jcamins Union catalog ID # is *exactly* what 001 is for.
16:34 jcamins The 001 *may* include the OCLC# for records downloaded directly from OCLC.
16:34 gaetan_B bye !
16:35 jcamins Bye.
16:35 jcamins (and yes, I have seen instances where it didn't)
16:35 jcamins Also, a lot of libraries use Z39.50 for downloading records.
16:35 jcamins Even records that are in OCLC.
16:36 * jcamins glares at the RLIN/Worldcat merge.
16:37 kf ok, I can't follow :)
16:37 kf or only in parts
16:37 jcamins kf: RLIN used to allow libraries to choose whichever record they wanted.
16:37 kf what is RLIN?
16:37 kf or was?
16:38 jcamins Research Library I Network.
16:38 jcamins I think.
16:38 jcamins So the big PCC libraries would only download records from other big PCC libraries.
16:38 jcamins With OCLC, the master record may not be as good as the record at, say, BYU.
16:38 jcamins So you might want to use Z39.50 to download the record directly from BYU.
16:38 SJeffery joined #koha
16:39 kf hm
16:39 kf interesting
16:39 jcamins It *does* have an OCLC number, and you do want it to overlay the less good record.
16:39 jcamins But the 001 is now wrong.
16:39 jcamins Rather, the 001 no longer has the OCLC number.
16:39 jcamins 'Cause that's not what the 001 is for.
16:40 jcamins There will be a quiz on this later for those of you in the US. :P
16:43 jcamins Oohoo!
16:43 jcamins *Woohoo!
16:43 jcamins My work on bug 2060 is so advanced it hasn't even happened yet.
16:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2060 enhancement, P3, ---, jcamins, ASSIGNED , Ability to import Authorities from Staff Client
16:43 SJeffery Perhaps...perhaps there should be a standard set of matching rules plus the option to select other and custom-define the field?
16:44 jcamins SJeffery: well, the problem is our standard set of matching rules consists of ISBN and ISSN.
16:44 jcamins That's it.
16:44 jcamins Never mind the fact that ISBN is practically useless for matching MARC records.
16:45 eythian well, still have ssh access to, that's a good start.
16:45 jcamins It's possible to create new matching rules, but it's a nuisance.
16:45 schuster Who's standard in Koha currently isn't is only LCCN or OCLC?  ISBN matching is exact only and doesn't take into account 13/10 modification.
16:45 jcamins On the subject of which, we could fix that easily with DOM indexing.
16:45 SJeffery Shouldn't there be a matching function/template/whatever the heck you call it that can be used across the application that would allow flexibility
16:46 jcamins SJeffery: there is, sort of.
16:46 jcamins Admin->Matching rules.
16:46 jcamins Right now it doesn't work with authorities.
16:46 schuster jcamins - I will refrain from discussion on the ISBN index matching issue as I had it working in a previous version.
16:46 jcamins schuster: heh. I'll see how they did it.
16:47 jcamins My goodness.
16:47 * jcamins sees how they did it.
16:47 schuster I have 2 patches on my old boxes that I don't know why never got contributed to community...
16:48 schuster uh oh...  that doesn't sound good.
16:49 nengard_lunch anybody who's good at XSLT want to help out on bug 7441
16:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7441 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, In Discussion , search results showing wrong branch?
16:52 larryb left #koha
16:57 eythian nengard_lunch: added 2c, hopefully it's useful.
16:58 eythian 2p I guess at the moment
17:02 adnc joined #koha
17:03 kf eythian: I think it's something about the structure
17:03 kf choose / when probably won't work either
17:03 eythian kf: I think it's that xsl:if can only be used inside certain things.
17:03 kf yep
17:03 kf exactly
17:04 jcamins <xsl:if> can be used anywhere so far as I know.
17:04 kf jcamins: you can join in and make a suggestion ;)
17:05 * jcamins will offer any feedback he comes up with before 13:10, at which point he is going back to his to-do list. ;)
17:05 jcamins Oh.
17:05 jcamins There's the problem.
17:05 kf xsl:key is a top-level element
17:06 kf I think you can't use it there
17:06 jcamins Right.
17:06 * jcamins hadn't read the context.
17:06 kf :P
17:06 eythian kf:  the error is "element if element if only allowed within a template, variable or param", which is what I was basing that on
17:06 jcamins I'm pretty sure <xsl:choose> won't work either, as kf said.
17:06 eythian but it's been a while since I've meddled with XSLT
17:06 kf I think we all have the same idea
17:06 kf we are only phrasing it differently
17:07 kf jcamins: I agree
17:07 kf I think xslt is weird about variables and things, some things just don't work
17:07 * jcamins phrases it the same way kf does, when he reads the question. :)
17:07 eythian looking deeper I see xsl:if at a higher level than I initially did.
17:07 eythian it's not so much weird as just declarative.
17:07 kf ok, so being declarative is weird then :)
17:07 kf nah. I should finish this mail
17:08 eythian someone needs to run over those xsl files with xmllint and save the reformatted version, they're hard to read.
17:08 kf jcamins: you stil have 3 minutes? :)
17:08 jcamins They sure are!
17:08 kf yep they are
17:08 kf and they are insane in parts
17:08 jcamins use items:$OPACResultsByBranchXSLT.
17:08 jcamins At least, that's my recommendation.
17:09 kf put it in the comments :) you still have 2 mins!
17:09 jcamins Also, XSLT is declarative not functional. The variable has to be set before it's used.
17:10 melia can I ask a silly question about bug 8110?
17:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8110 blocker, P1 - high, ---, kyle.m.hall, Failed QA , Fines accruing on closed days
17:10 jcamins Wait... the variable has to be set.
17:10 jcamins Period.
17:11 melia Julian's note says "this is not working but this is not related to the patch."  that part confuses me. I'm not sure if the next step is for someone to follow the test plan that Ian/Chris put on the ticket and sign off the patch, or if Julian is saying that the patch doesn't fix the problem
17:12 jcamins Updated.
17:13 jcamins Laconically.
17:13 jcamins :)
17:15 SJeffery joined #koha
17:30 nengard question - in 3.6 anyone remember if when there was a hold that needed transferring did it print a transfer slip or a hold/transfer slip?
17:31 kf not sure
17:32 nengard k
17:42 kf left #koha
17:48 edveal left #koha
17:59 wizzyrea it does a transfer to x on hold for y slip
17:59 wizzyrea I think
18:07 cait joined #koha
18:07 cait back
18:08 jcamins o/
18:09 cait :)
18:09 cait jenkins unstable ?
18:09 jcamins !
18:09 jcamins !status
18:09 jcamins jenkins_koha: status
18:09 jenkins_koha status of all projects:
18:09 jenkins_koha 3_6_Packages: last build: 16 (3 days 4 hr ago): SUCCESS: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/3_6_Packages/16/
18:09 jenkins_koha 3_8_packages: last build: 12 (1 day 14 hr ago): SUCCESS: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/3_8_packages/12/
18:09 jenkins_koha Koha_3.2.x: last build: 36 (6 mo 26 days ago): UNSTABLE: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.2.x/36/
18:09 jenkins_koha Koha_3.4.x: last build: 80 (4 mo 7 days ago): UNSTABLE: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/80/
18:09 jenkins_koha Koha_3.6.x: last build: 53 (3 days 4 hr ago): SUCCESS: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/53/
18:09 jenkins_koha Koha_3.8.x: last build: 74 (1 day 15 hr ago): SUCCESS: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.8.x/74/
18:09 jenkins_koha Koha_Docs: last build: 97 (2 hr 19 min ago): FAILURE: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]job/Koha_Docs/97/
18:09 jenkins_koha Koha_master: last build: 768 (3 hr 4 min ago): UNSTABLE: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/768/
18:09 jenkins_koha Master_Packages: last build: 70 (2 days 0 hr ago): SUCCESS: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ster_Packages/70/
18:09 jcamins 3.2.x and 3.4.x are allowed to be unstable.
18:10 jcamins Oh, master is too.
18:10 cait master
18:10 jcamins That's not so good.
18:10 jcamins Hm.
18:11 mveron joined #koha
18:12 cait hm.
18:12 cait hi mveron :)
18:12 cait what's for dinner tonight?
18:12 mveron Streuselkuchen :-)
18:12 cait oh yum
18:13 * mveron ...sends cait some Streuselkuchen
18:13 cait thx :)
18:13 drojf that's a dinner?
18:13 jcamins Mmm.
18:13 cait why not? :)
18:13 jcamins It is for me.
18:13 jcamins :D
18:13 mveron Had not time for cooking...
18:13 drojf :)
18:13 * cait was pondering bread with nutella :P
18:14 cait but first - the laundry ...
18:14 cait bbiab
18:16 * mveron ponders what's going wrong with Bug 7621, works here but not for delaye
18:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7621 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, veron, Signed Off , Circulation: Match age restriction of title with borrower's age without using categories
18:40 edveal joined #koha
18:46 rhcl joined #koha
18:47 rhcl @seen wizzyrea
18:47 huginn rhcl: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 47 minutes and 55 seconds ago: <wizzyrea> I think
18:47 rhcl ping wizzyrea
18:49 * jcamins concludes that wizzyrea probably is, since she was thinking 48 minutes ago.
18:50 rhcl 3M is offering an eBook service; they have "deeply" integrated it with Polaris, and working to do the same with other ILSs, including Sirsi....
18:50 rhcl has anybody reflected on this integration w/ Koha?
18:50 * jcamins wonders when they're going to be contributing to Koha.
18:50 jcamins I heard about it vaguely, but didn't pay much attention.
18:50 rhcl I think they would entertain some interest on the subject
18:50 rhcl we had a webcon with the rep yesterday
18:51 rhcl 3M seems to have a much much simpler, easier user interface (vs OverDrive), but it's expensive
18:52 rhcl the "deep" integration apparently refers to having ebooks listed in the ILS, and checked out via the library's OPAC exactly like a paper book, without leaving the OPAC
18:53 jcamins It seems to me that Koha libraries would be more likely to be interested if the service were well-integrated (same as Polaris and Sirsi users, of course).
18:53 rhcl otherwise it apparently works fine w/ SIP, but takes the patron out of the OPAC to the 3M site
18:53 jcamins If it works fine with SIP, that's still a step ahead of Overdrive half the time...
18:53 rhcl yea, but I think it's a "chicken and egg" problem. 3M would be interested if the libraries expressed and interest, and <->.
18:54 jcamins I would agree.
18:54 rhcl Yes, it completly bypasses the Adobe fifty-click download/install crap.
18:55 rhcl the rep mentioned that Kansas was doing something w/ 3M, so was going to check w/ wizzyrea
18:57 jcamins @later tell rangi Could you please kick Jill Griffiths off the mailing list? Her autoresponder is going to be spamming the list once a day for who knows how long.
18:57 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
18:57 rhcl OK, my quantum is expiring and the CPU scheduler is ready to end my cycle was fun...ltr
18:57 rhcl left #koha
19:05 ult joined #koha
19:11 abracadabra help me please:
19:12 jcamins abracadabra: sorry, this is the channel for Koha.
19:12 jcamins You can download Koha from
19:12 jcamins The software you are using is only supported by LibLime, and as far as I know only used by their customers.
19:14 abracadabra koha is open ILS?
19:14 jcamins Koha is an open source ILS.
19:15 jcamins You downloaded a fork made by LibLime.
19:16 jcamins That is, you downloaded a package that contains a version of the fork.
19:16 jcamins Sorry, that first sentence was a little incomprehensible.
19:17 drojf abracadabra: the koha website is at you can get the latest version of koha there
19:19 ago43 joined #koha
19:20 wizzyrea hi- i'm back now
19:21 wizzyrea what about 3M?
19:21 jcamins They have a new ebook platform.
19:21 wizzyrea oh yea 3m cloud library
19:21 mbalmer joined #koha
19:21 wizzyrea kansas uses it :P
19:22 jcamins Greg was wondering about your experiences, and whether Koha integration was planned.
19:22 wizzyrea define "integration"
19:22 jcamins He said that they're doing this integration where patrons can actually check out books directly from the OPAC.
19:22 wizzyrea hmm we haven't seen that
19:23 wizzyrea and afaik there isn't any particular movement in that direction. Certainly, you can link to the 3M from your ebook record
19:23 jcamins Well, I think the question was more "is this something you are demanding?" ;)
19:25 alohalog` joined #koha
19:26 abracada1ra joined #koha
19:27 jcamins abracada1ra: I'm not sure if you saw the messages earlier, but if not, you should look at which is the Koha website, and where you can download the current version of Koha from.
19:30 drojf git 101/db problem. i have my changes, all works fine. i want to continue to work on it but do git pull first. looks all fine except for a conflict in i change the file so it looks right but forget that i of course already did my "xxx" db update last time. i get an error message after the db update for duplicate db entry. now opac is in maintenance mode. what do i do?
19:31 jcamins drojf: run updatedatabase, then go back to the OPAC.
19:31 jcamins :)
19:31 jcamins Ignore the duplicate error message.
19:31 drojf tried that, did not work
19:32 jcamins drojf: you're not refreshing the OPAC, are you?
19:32 mtj joined #koha
19:32 jcamins 'Cause you have to hit "Back" when you're looking at the maintenance page. ;)
19:33 drojf ah. im using the plack opac. i should probably reload that
19:33 jcamins Oh, yes.
19:33 mtj joined #koha
19:34 drojf yeah all there
19:34 drojf :)
19:34 drojf so in general i just leave my db update in the file as the last one to do and ignore the error after a git pull?
19:34 jcamins Right.
19:35 drojf excellent. thanks
19:35 jcamins I usually run updatedatabase from the command line, too, so I don't have to worry about getting the maintenance message on the OPAC.
19:36 drojf that sounds wise, i'll adopt that
19:38 jcamins Also, I don't do development under Plack 'cause then I have to remember to restart it.
19:39 drojf heh yes. but since i actually still work on the raspi it is painfully slow to test things without plack
19:39 abracada1ra jcamins: ok, i downloaded and install now
19:39 abracada1ra on ubuntu 10
19:40 jcamins Ubuntu... 10.04?
19:41 drojf that is pretty old. like, releaqsed in april 2010 ;)
19:41 drojf released even
19:41 jcamins 12.04 is the new LTS release.
19:42 jcamins That said, I am boycotting Ubuntu since my disastrous experiments with it a few weeks ago.
19:42 drojf jcamins: did you try to upgrade it?
19:42 jcamins drojf: no, I installed 12.04 from scratch, and learned that MySQL included anonymous logins by default.
19:42 drojf that got me off ubuntu. NO upgrade ever worked. it just took much longer than a new installation to finally fail and make me do a new installation
19:43 drojf oh that sounds interesting
19:43 jcamins "Interesting"?
19:43 wizzyrea interesting?
19:43 wizzyrea oh he doesnt' say it anymore!
19:43 wizzyrea interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
19:43 wizzyrea interesting?
19:43 wahanui i guess interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
19:44 drojf it was more a scary "interesting"
19:45 jcamins Ah.
19:46 abracada1ra hey
19:46 abracada1ra i need help for this error
19:46 abracada1ra
19:46 jcamins I have never seen anything like that, but it clearly has something to do with LibXML.
19:47 jcamins Did you install the prerequisites?
19:47 abracada1ra yes and test its ok
19:47 abracada1ra look
19:47 abracada1ra root@ult-dev1:/home/ult/Download/koha-3.8.2#  misc/
19:47 abracada1ra Koha wants something like: XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser=HASH(0x81fe220)
19:47 abracada1ra You have: XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser=HASH(0x8bd18c0)
19:47 abracada1ra Looks good.
19:48 jcamins Run -m and copy the output into
19:50 abracada1ra ok
19:59 abracada1ra jcamins:
19:59 jcamins There's the problem.
20:00 jcamins You don't have XML::LibXSLT.
20:00 abracada1ra how i install 2 modules?
20:00 jcamins sudo apt-get install --reinstall libxml-perl libxml-libxslt-perl
20:00 abracada1ra required
20:01 drojf can someone explain what the difference between 856 (marc21/unimarc) subfields $h and $l might be?
20:01 drojf $h Processor of request: The username, or processor of the request; generally the data which precedes  the at sign ("@") in the host address. Not repeatable.
20:01 drojf $l Logon/login General-use logon/login strings which do not require special security.  Not repeatable.
20:01 jcamins And then you'll need to install Template::Plugin::HtmlToText. I forget the package. Let me check.
20:02 jcamins Oh, drat.
20:02 jcamins That one isn't available in .deb, other than from me.
20:02 jcamins You can cpan it.
20:02 jcamins Oh, and you're on 10.04.
20:02 jcamins You'll need to cpan it.
20:02 jcamins cpan Template::Plugin::HtmlToText
20:03 jcamins drojf: to be honest, I am not sure.
20:04 drojf loc even explains "An account number required for login may also be indicated. For many general-use File Transfer Protocol servers, access is gained by entering the string anonymous." for $l. that is exactly what $h is too
20:05 jcamins Hehe.
20:05 drojf maybe i should check for both, use the one that is there and if both fields are filled with different values, explode
20:05 * jcamins returns to magnuse's refrain: MARC must die.
20:05 jcamins Makes sense to me.
20:05 drojf :)
20:06 abracada1ra jcamins: please look this:
20:06 schuster When using batch delete of items does it move them to the deleteditems table still?
20:07 cait drojf: first question?
20:07 wahanui "What are you trying to do?"  "What is the goal?" or "What problem are you experiencing?"
20:08 jcamins Oh boy.
20:08 jcamins abracada1ra: I think there is probably something wrong with your system.
20:08 drojf abracada1ra: you should consider[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
20:09 jcamins drojf: on Ubuntu 10.04, installing 3.8 with packages is going to be close to as painful as installing it without.
20:09 drojf NO
20:09 drojf install squeeze
20:09 jcamins And upgrading from 10.04 to 11.10 or greater is just going to break everything anyway.
20:09 drojf then use packages
20:09 jcamins drojf: oh, yeah, _that_ is a good idea.
20:09 jcamins abracada1ra: listen to drojf. He is wise. :)
20:09 drojf i thought the title saying debian squeeze would give that away :)
20:09 jcamins lol
20:10 drojf but you are right
20:10 drojf cait: i try to guess what subfields somebody would fill in 856 with what values that might be relevant to video(audio streaming
20:10 cait oh
20:10 abracada1ra jcamins: version apt install 1.7 and koha need 1.59 ... version problem?
20:10 cait drojf: not many ideas about that :)
20:11 drojf abracada1ra: koha does not need a special apt version
20:11 drojf that sounds very strange at least
20:11 jcamins abracada1ra: no, the problem is that it isn't visible to Koha at all.
20:11 abracada1ra omg
20:11 jcamins drojf: XML::LibXSLT version.
20:11 abracada1ra my system have problem?
20:11 drojf cait: i have most of it
20:11 jcamins abracada1ra: I fear so. When did you set up the OS on it?
20:12 jcamins cait: make drojf show you his demo if he hasn't yet.
20:12 drojf cait: its even the same mostly in unimarc and marc21. only some differences. of course for fields i wanted to use for html5 attributes :/
20:13 abracada1ra jcamins: recently
20:13 abracada1ra i install eclipse, apache, and koha
20:13 abracada1ra php mysql...
20:13 jcamins abracada1ra: why did you install Ubuntu 10.04?
20:13 drojf abracada1ra: do you use the server for anything else yet?
20:15 abracada1ra my notebook the company for testing, who else was installed, the support
20:15 abracada1ra te support man install this
20:15 abracada1ra for my workspace programing php
20:16 abracada1ra and now i test koha here... and vufind
20:17 abracada1ra debian squeeze is recommended for koha?
20:17 abracada1ra jcamins: drojf
20:17 drojf yes. you can setup koha with packages very easily there
20:17 jcamins abracada1ra: yes, definitely.
20:17 drojf und updates are easy too
20:17 kathryn joined #koha
20:17 drojf and
20:20 abracada1ra and now? What do I do? cry?
20:21 jcamins abracada1ra: unfortunately, there appears to be something seriously wrong with LibXML on your system. In your situation, I would just reinstall the OS (but use Debian Squeeze because it's a lot easier).
20:21 drojf abracada1ra: dont cry, call the it guy and get debian squeeze
20:22 drojf or do it yourself if you can/ are allowed to
20:22 abracada1ra i have change on my xml conf
20:24 abracada1ra the problem in package
20:24 abracada1ra correct
20:25 abracada1ra very thanks for your help jcamins and drojf
20:25 jcamins abracada1ra: it is unlikely the problem is the changes that you were instructed to make to your XML configuration.
20:25 larryb joined #koha
20:26 abracada1ra i show the change
20:26 abracada1ra vim /etc/perl/XML/SAX/ParserDetails.ini
20:26 abracada1ra add
20:27 abracada1ra [XML::LibXML::SAX::Parser]
20:27 abracada1ra = 1
20:27 abracada1ra in bottom of file
20:28 jcamins Yeah, that shouldn't be enough to break it.
20:28 jcamins Right. It's a much bigger problem than that could have called. :(
20:28 jcamins *caused
20:29 abracada1ra ok
20:30 abracada1ra i use this manual
20:30 abracada1ra[…]lts-with-mysql-5/
20:31 drojf that blog post keeps up sending people with problems over
20:32 jcamins It does indeed.
20:33 jcamins I wonder who that is.
20:33 jcamins And if we could get him/her to point out that the instructions maintained by the community are more up-to-date.
20:34 wizzyrea it's not *that* old, december 2011
20:34 drojf yes
20:34 drojf wizzyrea
20:34 wahanui I LIKE SCIENCE
20:34 drojf i just saw that
20:34 drojf that is strange
20:35 abracada1ra jcamins: bad manual?
20:35 jcamins wizzyrea: yeah, but it's suggesting that people install Jaunty, which is from 2009.
20:35 jcamins abracada1ra: yes, better to A) install Debian, and B) use the current instructions where are included with Koha.
20:36 wizzyrea i'm not saying it's right, just that it's not that old ;)
20:36 abracada1ra jcamins: US friend in #vufind recomend to me liblime koha
20:36 jcamins Yeah, that's what makes it so noteworthy that s/he recommends installing a version of Ubuntu that's three years out of date.
20:37 jcamins abracada1ra: I can't recommend, because *no one* will help you with it.
20:37 jcamins Unless you want to pay LibLime.
20:37 abracada1ra jcamins: i find manual google... and blog result
20:37 wizzyrea well, liblime will help you with it, for a fee. A large fee.
20:37 abracada1ra jcamins: later i join in #koha in
20:37 drojf you can't spell freedom with fee
20:37 drojf :P
20:37 abracada1ra and telme for this channel
20:38 jcamins wizzyrea: fair enough.
20:38 wizzyrea liblime ILS is based on Koha, but it's not what we support
20:38 jcamins abracada1ra: they were mistaken about LibLime Koha being the open source project. That's all. :)
20:39 abracada1ra jcamins: this process of searching I have broken my system
20:40 jcamins My guess would be that there was a problem after your IT guy installed it.
20:40 drojf is that the official vufind channel?
20:40 abracada1ra jcamins: the result of the google liblime Koha appears before the Koha open community
20:40 jcamins abracada1ra: yes, it's unfortunate. :(
20:40 abracada1ra :(
20:41 wizzyrea they stole our domain a few years ago.
20:41 wizzyrea it's very unfortunate.
20:41 abracada1ra and comunity website dont have link for IRC support
20:41 wizzyrea … not true, actually
20:41 abracada1ra this would greatly facilitate the installation of software
20:41 wizzyrea
20:41 abracada1ra for newbies
20:41 jcamins
20:42 jcamins Sorry, wizzyrea.
20:42 jcamins :)
20:42 abracada1ra hmm
20:42 abracada1ra ok
20:42 abracada1ra nice
20:43 abracada1ra nnow talked with those who understand, I make the correct process of installation
20:48 rangi jcamins: done
20:49 jcamins rangi: thanks.
20:49 jcamins I was annoyed yesterday, and more annoyed today, so by tomorrow I was going to be downright grouchy. ;)
20:49 rangi Heh
20:49 * rangi just checked in at airport off to waimate today
20:50 rangi @wunder waimate, nz
20:50 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Oamaru North, Oamaru, New Zealand is 8.3°C (8:48 AM NZST on June 28, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 51%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.59 in 1002 hPa (Rising).
20:50 cait safe travels and good morning rangi
20:52 drojf i thought i would write a comment for that outdated blog post, but it seems i would have to allow 10-20 other domains to embed stuff to get the form. i hate this
20:54 wizzyrea O.o doh
20:54 cait left #koha
20:55 cait joined #koha
20:56 wizzyrea interesting the instructions aren't for LLILS, they do point you to download the community version
20:56 jcamins Well, that's something.
20:58 jcamins Woohoo! I got this working!
20:58 jcamins Well, sort of.
20:59 kathryn morning all :)
21:00 cait morning kathryn :)
21:00 kathryn hey cait!
21:09 hankbank joined #koha
21:10 jcamins There must be a better way to choose which entry is selected than a dozen if statements.
21:11 jcamins (in a select box)
21:12 jcamins Anyone?
21:13 cait switch?
21:13 cait not sure what you want to do...
21:13 jcamins I have a <select> with 9 <options>
21:13 jcamins I would like the option that was previously selected to be selected when the page loads.
21:14 cait aren't there a lot of examples for that in koha?
21:14 cait previously selected - what do you mean by that?
21:14 cait a saved value?
21:14 jcamins Right.
21:15 jcamins We seem to use [% IF %]... I think for translations reasons.
21:15 jcamins I'm looking for another example now.
21:16 jcamins We do things like this: [% IF ( limit == 10 ) %]<option value ="10" selected="selected">10 titles</option>[% ELSE %]<option value="10">10 titles</option>[% END %]
21:16 cait yes
21:16 cait you don't want to put the if inside of the <option> tag
21:17 cait why not pass the selected value wth the loop?
21:17 cait I think I have seen that
21:17 cait and in the loop it checks for selected = 1 and then it's only one if else construct
21:17 cait if that makes any sense
21:18 jcamins Which I will do, but it's so much duplicated code.
21:18 jcamins It feels like there should be a construction that does this for me.
21:18 * jcamins makes one up.
21:18 jcamins Please hold.
21:18 jcamins The options are defined in the template.
21:18 jcamins That was the entire point of bug 7943.
21:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7943 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Untranslatable strings in OPAC's authority search
21:18 jcamins :)
21:18 jcamins It does, and that was my first thought.
21:19 jcamins Is there anything that is included in ABSOLUTELY every page?
21:19 jcamins doc-head-open.
21:19 rangi Make more includes
21:19 rangi And use them. Thats what we need to do
21:20 * jcamins would like a
21:20 rangi With the tt caching we have its super fast
21:20 * jcamins boldly creates one.
21:20 jcamins (with rangi's encouragement;)
21:20 rangi It could contain a view
21:21 jcamins A view?
21:21 rangi And the formblock(stuff) in the tt
21:21 jcamins I was thinking a block.
21:21 jcamins Hm, yeah, maybe a view is better.
21:21 jcamins Good call.
21:21 jcamins A view it is.
21:21 cait :)
21:22 rangi Yay :)
21:22 rangi U know what
21:22 jcamins Wait... VIEW API is expected to change.
21:23 rangi Ahh in that case block it is
21:23 jcamins Yup. :)
21:23 jcamins Which is a shame, 'cause I've decided that the VIEW would be nicer.
21:23 rangi You know what I want
21:24 rangi A switch that puts a watermark on every page
21:24 jcamins I'm not sure how to do that, but it's an intriguing idea.
21:24 jcamins Waylon could use it.
21:24 rangi So I can switch a site to be staging
21:25 rangi And ppl won't get confused with the live site
21:26 rangi I dont want to change CSS as often that's what i want them to test
21:26 jcamins Right.
21:26 rangi But something (other than url)
21:27 rangi That screams dont use me in production
21:27 rangi :)
21:27 cjh heh, shouldnt be too difficult. Although my css isn't good enough.
21:28 rangi Mine either
21:29 jcamins What do you mean, selectoption not found? I'm looking at it!
21:33 abracada1ra jcamins: do you have example .mrc file ? for tests in vufind?
21:33 jcamins marc sample data?
21:33 jcamins marc data?
21:33 wahanui well, marc data is being migrated from 2.2.9 to 3.2
21:33 jcamins wiki?
21:33 wahanui it has been said that wiki is
21:34 jcamins If you look on the wiki, you'll find a link to sample data somewhere.
21:35 abracada1ra jcamins: ok man... very thanks
21:35 rangi It's freezing in here
21:35 * rangi complains on Twitter
21:42 jcamins Can you not include things from other include files?
21:42 jcamins No, that doesn't seem to be it.
21:44 jcamins Oh.
21:44 jcamins You have to *PROCESS* the include.
21:44 jcamins :)
21:44 rangi Well process and include are different
21:45 jcamins So it would seem.
21:45 rangi Process changes values in the calling thing
21:46 rangi Include locally scoped
21:46 rangi TT pages have a good write up
21:46 jcamins I knew that at some point, apparently, since I got it right last time.
21:47 rangi :)
21:48 drojf what is a sane way to test if a value exists and if so, put it into tt? [% IF HTML5Streaming.username %][% HTML5Streaming.username %][% END %] looks not very straight forward?
21:49 jcamins No, that's the way we do it.
21:49 jcamins We should have a block for that.
21:49 jcamins [% PROCESS includevariable variable=HTML5Streaming.username %]
21:49 jcamins Even better would be includevariable(HTML5Streaming.username)
21:50 cait for a start I would be happy to get rid of some if statements
21:50 cait we do one for each condition
21:50 cait that's hardly readable in some place
21:50 cait s
21:50 cait instead of combining them into one if
21:50 rangi Yeah that's leftover from htp
21:50 rangi Also you can do or
21:50 jcamins cait: don't scare drojf off!
21:50 rangi I think
21:50 cait but anything that's even better is welcome too :)
21:51 cait yep
21:51 cait I think so too
21:51 cait wow
21:51 cait 4 letters for the post box tomorrow morning
21:51 cait that' svery unusual
21:51 cjh there are places where we have IFs inside IFs and all on a single line :(
21:51 cait I send that much letters in a year normally
21:52 cait cjh: eew
21:52 drojf i will have ifs inside ifs i guess :/
21:52 rangi or blah
21:52 schuster well its time for me to say so long!  Have a great evening!
21:53 sophie_m left #koha
21:53 drojf i guess i will try to get it do what i want before i try to make it less ugly :D
21:55 rangi Hmm no plane yet
21:55 rangi Looks like I'm gonna be late
21:56 drojf always good to have a plane to blame
21:56 rangi Kathryn: did we tell waimate a time I'd arrive?
21:57 kathryn rangi: 1pm. and tomorrow you're expected there 9 - 2.45pm
21:57 rangi Cool
21:58 rangi I should make 1
21:58 rangi Plane is 20 mins late
21:58 kathryn think I left you time for a pie or sammie :)
21:58 kathryn ah... stink
22:02 * jcamins curses whoever thought frameworks would be a good idea.
22:02 jcamins I mean, the concept is fine, but the implementation...
22:02 jcamins ugh.
22:06 larryb left #koha
22:06 cait jcamins: sounds familiar
22:07 jcamins Also, who thought "/" was a good character to put in an ID?
22:08 jcamins (it works fine, but you remove other punctuation and keep slashes?
22:10 jcamins 74 lines to add one subfield to a half dozen fields.
22:17 edveal left #koha
22:25 maximep left #koha
23:01 Irma joined #koha
23:11 Irma1 joined #koha
23:36 papa joined #koha
23:38 Irma1 joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary