IRC log for #koha, 2012-05-25

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 eythian oh, maybe if you specified a custom db...
00:00 eythian I need to change that in the intructions, I think it risks creating more confusion.
00:01 ASUSunDevil hmm, I don't remember doing that, I mean I created the /etc/koha/passwd file, but that didn't have any custom database stuff in it...
00:01 BobB joined #koha
00:02 eythian yeah, you don't have to do that
00:02 eythian The instructions make it seem like you do, but you don't
00:03 ASUSunDevil could it be that my user account (username is koha) doesn't have access to the mysql database?
00:04 eythian No
00:04 eythian that's not how mysql works
00:05 ASUSunDevil hmm, playing around at first seems to have mucked up a bunch of stuff then, probably be easier if I just started over again...
00:05 ASUSunDevil now that know he process, I migh start over
00:05 eythian the problem is the password in the koha-conf.xml doesn't match the password that was used to create the database user.
00:06 ASUSunDevil oh
00:06 eythian I've updated the page about the password stuff to emphasise that it's optional
00:07 ASUSunDevil where does tha koha-conf.xml file live?
00:07 eythian The bit about the languages at the bottom will never work too, I need to give that whole thing a tidy up.
00:07 eythian /etc/koha/sites/instancename/koha-conf.xml
00:09 ASUSunDevil so, if that file /etc/koha/passwd exists, does it force it in some way to use it? Or will it just ignore it?
00:11 eythian I'm not sure
00:11 eythian I haven't looked at the code for it for ages
00:12 eythian ah no, it lets you predefine your passwords.
00:13 eythian so it only works if your instancename is defined in the password file
00:13 eythian but it's only needed in some situations that aren't all that common
00:20 melia left #koha
00:27 ASUSunDevil hmm, ok, I just think my playing around initiall got some stuff all mucked up, so I think I'm gonna try a fresh system and go from there.
01:04 ago43 joined #koha
01:31 Oak joined #koha
01:31 Oak \o
02:02 druthb joined #koha
02:02 druthb o/
02:18 ASUSunDevil Eythian: I reinstalled ubuntu, installed koha-common, all worked fine. Still had the problem with the errors, and figured out that is had to do with the default user that was entered into the koha-site.conf.xml file. Did some mysql magic, changed some passwords in that mysql and make the .xml file match that user account and I was able to get to the admin site at: I went
02:18 ASUSunDevil through the setup, all works fine, I am able to get into the management interface, now I need to get the opac site to load on port 80, but it's not working. How can I get the public side to show now?
02:19 jcamins_away sudo a2dissite default
02:21 ASUSunDevil excellent! that did it! thank you so much! Could there be some sort of bug in the installer that mucks up the user info that goes into that .xml file? I tried the koha-create several times, but it never worked right...then I started digging into the reason why and ended up being the mysql privileges it set in the xml file didn't match up with mysql...
02:22 eythian ASUSunDevil: it should just work
02:22 jcamins_away I've never had any problems before.
02:22 eythian but I haven't tried in ubuntu for a while
02:22 jcamins_away eythian: ah, true.
02:22 jcamins_away I haven't used 12.04.
02:25 ASUSunDevil I am using 12.04 lts server....not sure if it was something there or not, but that was the trick. Basically I went in to mysql, updated the username and password. Then I granted privileges on the database for that user. Then changed the info in the XML file and it allowed me to log into the management interface and do the rest of the setup...just an fyi...
02:25 jcamins_away ASUSunDevil: what was the password set to in MySQL?
02:26 ASUSunDevil you know, I really have no idea, the one in the xml file was some random password of upper and lower case letters. I just reset it to something that suited me, then changed it to match in the XML file. I tried setting privileges on the database to start, thinking that might have been it. Then did the password and that made it work.
02:27 jcamins_away Yeah, it was supposed to be random.
02:27 ASUSunDevil I'm wondering if there was some reason in 12.04 that the password didn't get set right...oh, another thing was that the host was set to "%", and I changed that to 'localhost' that was the only other change I made.
02:29 ASUSunDevil You know I can't be sure it was autoinstaller either, this is my first time installing koha this way, so it could have been me, but that is how I fixed it.
02:31 ASUSunDevil I want to thank ALL of you for helping me troubleshoot it though! You guys are great!
02:33 eythian np :)
02:33 ASUSunDevil Now comes the real fun, configuration and population! ;o)
03:05 Irma left #koha
03:22 bag joined #koha
03:22 magnus_away joined #koha
03:22 pastebot joined #koha
03:43 chris_n g'night
04:34 Oak joined #koha
04:34 Oak kia ora #koha
05:00 cait joined #koha
05:37 BobB joined #koha
05:38 eythian joined #koha
05:40 Oak heya cait
05:40 mtj hmm, koha-bz server is down, atm?
05:40 mtj down, or sloooow...?
05:41 mtj pings ok, so just slow :)
05:41 WaqarAzeem joined #koha
05:42 cait hi mtj and hi Oak :)
05:45 WaqarAzeem Good morning ...
06:04 mib_e87x8g joined #koha
06:15 spkm joined #koha
06:15 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
06:16 spkm hi guys, was wondering if anyone knows where to set the item type in koha. as in long loan or short loan
06:26 WaqarAzeem joined #koha
06:30 vkm joined #koha
06:31 vkm hello i have IBM 3550M3 server is it possible to install koha live cd on that without any further configuration
06:32 Amit_Gupta heya vkm
06:32 vkm hello amit
06:34 vkm is it possible to install on above server as i have installed it on simple pc
06:51 paul_p joined #koha
06:54 spkm anyone aware of how to set a resource to be a long loan item or short loan item?
06:59 laurence joined #koha
06:59 hdl joined #koha
07:00 Joubu joined #koha
07:01 Joubu hi
07:01 reiveune joined #koha
07:01 reiveune hello
07:01 wahanui privet, reiveune
07:02 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:02 Oak joined #koha
07:03 Oak kia ora #koha
07:05 alex_a joined #koha
07:05 julian_m joined #koha
07:05 julian_m hello
07:12 gaetan_B hello :)
07:17 paul_p joined #koha
07:17 magnuse o/
07:20 sophie_m joined #koha
07:21 Oak magnuse
07:21 Oak \o/
07:22 magnuse Oak...
07:22 sophie_m left #koha
07:40 hdl joined #koha
07:40 sophie_m joined #koha
07:42 julian_m joined #koha
07:57 mib_bwyndn joined #koha
08:04 mib_bwyndn where can i activate the editor field in the catalog
08:52 cait-m joined #koha
08:59 kouider joined #koha
08:59 kouider hi all how are you iam a new her
09:00 kouider i have some qs for koha
09:01 kouider any body her
09:02 magnuse hiya kouider
09:02 kouider hi magnuse
09:03 vfernandes joined #koha
09:03 magnuse this is usually not the busiest time on #koha, but try asking your questions and if anyone feels they can answer, you'll get an answer :-)
09:04 kouider ok thanks maguse what the time to active this chat cus iam from north africa
09:05 magnuse kouider: there are usually more people around when the americans wake up, so in 3-4 hours or something
09:05 magnuse there are some people here now too, but it's usually more quiet at this time
09:05 kouider how i can login IRC chat of koha
09:06 magnuse um, you are already loged in here, i think?
09:06 kouider oh thank you brother magnuse
09:07 kouider i have small q how i know my zebra index is working
09:08 magnuse kouider: the simple answer: when you get the search results you expect :-)
09:10 magnuse kouider: you could also run something like "ps aux | grep zebrasrv" on the command line
09:11 kouider ok on koha Searching preferences i have chose use the Zebra search engine
09:11 magnuse that's good, koha without zebra is deprecated
09:11 kouider are its right chose
09:11 kouider to work zebra
09:12 magnuse yup, zebra is the right choice
09:12 magnuse are you having trouble getting search results?
09:13 kouider some times
09:16 kouider whene i do this line  update-rc.d koha-zebra-daemon defaults
09:16 kouider i have insserv: warning: script 'koha-zebraqueue-daemon' missing LSB tags and overrides
09:24 paul_p joined #koha
09:26 slef kouider: I thought we fixed that ages ago. What version of koha are you using?
09:27 kouider i use debian 6.04 koha 3.8.1
09:27 slef oh wait
09:27 raju joined #koha
09:27 slef don't use koha-zebraqueue-daemon - I think I am right to say that.
09:28 slef It's deprecated/awaiting-repair
09:28 slef Use the crontab instead.
09:28 slef What told you to use koha-zebraqueue-daemon?
09:29 kouider any one
09:29 slef But maybe you can use it without harm, but yes, koha-zebraqueue-daemon is probably missing LSB details.  koha-zebra-daemon should not be.
09:29 raju Serial claim email notice not sending
09:29 kouider but i insall koha like install on ubuntu
09:29 slef raju: are you using the packages?
09:29 raju no
09:31 kouider what packages
09:31 wahanui hmmm... packages is at
09:31 slef raju: can the server send any emails?
09:31 raju some other mails are going except serial claim notice
09:31 kouider give the commends to knowing are zebra work or not
09:31 gaetan_B joined #koha
09:31 slef kouider: pgrep zebrasrv <-- that will show if the server is running
09:32 raju koha@opac://usr/share/koha/opac$ pgrep zebrasrv 1033 27449
09:33 kouider ok idont install Other packages on this wiki
09:33 slef raju: I think you should check if the serial claim notices are being generated. I can't remember exactly how to do that (probably a cron job and a table in the mysql database) and I do not have free time now.
09:34 raju yes its showing in log file
09:34 slef raju: it shows in the cron log entries? Does it show in the mail.log or exim4/mainlog?
09:34 slef time
09:35 kouider Is there a line I do in Terminal to find out that Zebra is working or not
09:35 slef kouider: pgrep zebrasrv <-- that will show if the server is running
09:37 raju 1033 27449
09:37 raju it shows 1033 27449
09:38 kouider give me 1613
09:40 kouider what about 1613 its not work
09:40 raju its not showing 1613
09:41 kouider oh allah what i do to work zebra
09:43 kouider help me
09:46 slef no
09:46 slef sorry
09:46 slef I mean
09:46 slef If you get any number, it means zebra is running
09:46 slef I don't mean I won't help you. I just have to work on other things too, to earn money to live.
09:46 slef So I am not fast here.
09:47 slef pgrep shows you the process number of that program
09:47 slef if you now type "ps 1613" kouider, you should see a line that says zebrasrv and some other things
09:47 slef or one that starts "daemon ..."
09:48 slef I would expect two numbers, like raju has.
09:49 slef If there is only one that starts daemon, it probably means zebrasrv is failing. Check log files to find the error.
09:50 raju ps 1613 : PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
09:51 kouider Thanks I hope a God to help you in all your business
09:55 slef raju: you would need to "ps 1033 27449" from what you said
09:55 slef more reliably, you can "ps $(pgrep zebrasrv)" and it will figure out the numbers itself
09:56 kouider yes its same 1613
09:56 kouider 1613 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/zebrasrv -v none,fatal,warn -f /etc/koha/koh
09:57 raju Any solution: enable serial claim mail
09:58 kouider i insall all modules cpan
10:07 raju in Koha 3.6 claim mail is not sent for serial claim
10:10 Oak joined #koha
10:10 kouider are there  koha dvd live debian
10:11 Oak kia ora #koha
10:11 hdl joined #koha
10:11 Oak magnuse, what are you doing right now?
10:42 laurence joined #koha
10:58 vkm joined #koha
10:58 vkm hello
10:59 vkm please let me know i have IBM server 3550M3 can i install koha live CD on it having ubuntu linux
11:03 slef vkm: try it and see? What could you lose?
11:03 slef I really should have sent our fix for bug 8155 upstream before now.
11:03 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8155 critical, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Comply with UK Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002
11:03 slef Been a bit busy thought
11:04 slef though
11:05 vkm ok i will chek alternatively please let me know the better hardware requirment if i will install it on PC so that people can search fast my catalog on network
11:05 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:07 vkm and also we can circulate book faster
11:11 slef vkm: once you meet ubuntu's hardware requirements, it really depends on your database size and user demands
11:12 slef wahanui: sysprefs?
11:12 wahanui sysprefs are "System Preferences", found on my Koha admin homepage
11:12 slef wahanui: wiki
11:12 wahanui wiki is
11:14 vkm i have 15000 reocords and users are 1000 not to much circulation but begin of academic and end of academic lot of transaction 40 books per day average transaction
11:14 jwagner joined #koha
11:22 slef Changes submitted for bug 8155
11:22 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8155 critical, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Comply with UK Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002
11:22 slef anyone available to review and maybe signoff, please?
11:22 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:48 WaqarAzeem joined #koha
12:02 WaqarAzeem hello! how can i configure the developement environment for koha ... plz guide me any url that have some better discription ...
12:05 magnuse WaqarAzeem: better than what? :-)
12:08 Amit_Gupta bug 5795
12:08 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5795 normal, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Missing ReservesControlBranch system pref in database installer
12:08 Amit_Gupta bug 6810
12:08 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6810 enhancement, P4, ---, amit.gupta, Needs Signoff , Send membership expiry reminder notices
12:09 jcamins_away fredericd++
12:09 jcamins_away paul_p: around?
12:10 zioha joined #koha
12:16 oleonard joined #koha
12:18 NateC joined #koha
12:18 asaurat joined #koha
12:22 Amit_Gupta heya NateC
12:23 NateC Morning Amit_Gupta!
12:23 jcamins paul_p: never mind. I figured out how to apply the translation! :D
12:27 francharb joined #koha
12:27 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:27 francharb hi!
12:29 oleonard Hi everyone
12:37 ago43 joined #koha
12:37 Amit_Gupta heya gaetan
12:48 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:04 gaetan_B1 joined #koha
13:15 sekjal joined #koha
13:25 jcamins Drat. I forgot that I have to enter my GPG fifty gazillion times for the current script. I hope it wasn't waiting too long.
13:25 * jcamins is currently preparing 3.6.5.
13:26 jcamins And rewriting his release script in Perl.
13:27 vfernandes joined #koha
13:29 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:31 Oak joined #koha
13:33 cait joined #koha
13:34 cait hi #koha
13:34 oleonard Hi cait
13:34 Oak kia ora #koha
13:34 cait hi oleonard :)
13:35 oleonard What have you been up to cait?
13:35 Oak oleonard, see my OPAC:
13:35 Oak still working on it though
13:35 oleonard Looks nice Oak!
13:35 Oak :)
13:35 Oak thank you!
13:35 cait oleonard: bibliothekartag (= library congress?) in hamburg
13:36 cait hi Oak :) trying to look at your opac, but not sure internet connectoin will permit it
13:36 Oak finally
13:36 cait it is nice :)
13:36 Oak i asked you 3 or 4 times to look at it but you did not :-|
13:36 Oak it's not finished yet... still working on it :)
13:36 Oak thank you!
13:36 cait Oak: I am sorry, have not been around much this week :(
13:37 cait I especially like your footer
13:37 Oak hmm. it's okay cait... one time you were on train so that did not count :0
13:37 Oak uh oh
13:37 Oak that was a smiley
13:38 Oak okay me quiet now. you and oleonard were talking... sorry/
13:39 cait don't be quiet Oak
13:39 maximep joined #koha
13:39 Oak :)
13:39 jcamins WOOHOO!
13:40 Oak he must have done something good so
13:40 Oak jcamins++
13:40 Oak now tell us
13:40 jcamins The 3.6.5 build passed without any problems, so the branches just need to be pushed on up, and chris_n has to be shanghai-d into uploading the tarball.
13:40 Oak coool
13:40 Oak :)
13:41 chris_n jcamins: will work for fudge ;-)
13:42 jcamins :)
13:42 cait :)
13:42 cait jcamins++ chris_n++
13:43 chris_n hi cait
13:44 chris_n Oak++ # very nice opac
13:44 Oak chris_n, :) thank you thank you!
13:50 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:51 jcamins cable_internet--
13:52 cait internet_on_trains-- / internet_on_trains++
13:52 cait can't decide, happy it's possible but could be more reliable
13:59 drojf joined #koha
13:59 drojf good day #koha
14:03 cait hi drojf :)
14:03 * jcamins pokes at TAP::Harness.
14:10 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.8.1 and 3.6.5 Now Available | Koha Community Website - | General IRC meeting, 13 June 2012 at 18:00 UTC+0
14:10 chris_n jcamins++
14:13 jcamins Well, it's done.
14:15 jcamins Wait.
14:15 jcamins I forgot to create the tag.
14:18 jenkins_koha Starting build #48 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:19 jcamins Does anyone see the tag?
14:19 cait_train jcamins++
14:19 jcamins I don't.
14:20 jcamins chris_n: help?
14:20 wahanui it has been said that help is at if no-one here can help.
14:20 chris_n jcamins: what did you do?
14:20 jcamins It's in my repository, but pushing the branch to to doesn't create it.
14:20 chris_n first question?
14:20 wahanui "What are you trying to do?"  "What is the goal?" or "What problem are you experiencing?"
14:20 chris_n hehe
14:20 chris_n lemme check perms
14:21 jcamins git tag -s v3.06.05 && git push kc-rmaint 3.6.x
14:21 chris_n ahh
14:21 chris_n git push --tag origin
14:21 chris_n iirc
14:22 jcamins Yup, thanks.
14:22 jcamins chris_n++
14:22 chris_n the tag goes to the origin rather than to the branch
14:23 chris_n its a repo thing rather than a branch thing I think
14:23 jcamins Okay, that makes sense I guess.
14:26 jcamins wizzyrea: please review my 3.6.5 release post. :)
14:30 gaetan_B joined #koha
14:31 zioha joined #koha
14:32 * chris_n almost read "Post Humus Release Maintainer" :-)
14:33 jcamins chris_n: nope.
14:33 oleonard "Post-human Release Maintainer?"
14:34 * chris_n thinks the author name alphabetizer was the nicest part of the release-notes script :-)
14:34 datadoctor joined #koha
14:34 chris_n oleonard: depends on who you ask ;-)
14:36 wizzyrea jcamins - meeting then I"m on i
14:36 wizzyrea it*
14:36 wizzyrea and then I"ll just give you rights to post straight away
14:36 jcamins Thanks!
14:36 jcamins :)
14:40 Soupermanito joined #koha
14:57 slef anyone available to review and maybe signoff bug 8155, please?
14:57 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8155 critical, P5 - low, ---, mjr, Needs Signoff , Comply with UK Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002
15:02 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #48: SUCCESS in 44 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/48/
15:02 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7272 setting NULL to debarred field, to avoid having 0000-00-00
15:02 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 5543 - Date ISO format wrong separator
15:02 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 7540 [3.6.x] - add id values to the legends in the patron entry form
15:02 jenkins_koha * srdjan: bug_7231: Call GetMarcPrice() in acqui/ for staged imports
15:02 jenkins_koha * dev_patches: Bug 7513 Marc Import Hangs
15:02 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 5373 - allow 'cardnumber' to appear on the patron import field list
15:02 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 7454 Initialize return arrays in ILS/Transaction/RenewAll
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7272 major, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Stable , Fix for Bug 6328 causes user accounts to be frozen (SIP2)
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5543 minor, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , Date ISO format wrong separator
15:02 jenkins_koha * stephane.delaune: Bug 7460: followup : Add template toolkit's FILTER html_line_break on staff details description's tab
15:02 jenkins_koha * sophie.meynieux: Bug 3916 [follow-up] : Adding a default choice in every dropdown list, not only branches, to let the corresponding value unchanged
15:02 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7558: Serial issue note doubled up in full history
15:02 jenkins_koha * 7453 Followup for borrower without expiry date
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7540 minor, P5 - low, ---, robin, Pushed to Stable , Add ids to the legend elements to make it easier to tweak with javascript
15:02 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7579 - Icons for authorized values/item types not showing in OPAC
15:02 jenkins_koha * chrish: Bug 7575 Opac search results print alignment
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7513 critical, P1 - high, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Stable , MARC Import Hangs
15:02 jenkins_koha * cnighswonger: Bug 7585 - Correct MARC 008 Value Builder Char 06 Default
15:02 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7885 - Change filename of TransferLog suggested by packages to fit with logrotate
15:02 jenkins_koha * dpavlin: Bug 7766 - C4/ emit DEBUG output to STDERR
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5373 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Stable , fields listed on patron import do not match the csv file
15:02 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Stop unnecessary warnings in get_language
15:02 jenkins_koha * dpavlin: Bug 7886 - C4/ShelfBrowser slow SQL performance
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7454 major, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Stable , Sip renewal all response returns incorrect info
15:02 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7886 follow-up DBRev number
15:02 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Koha 3.6.5 Translation Update
15:02 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Release Notes for 24 May 2012 12:55:26 Z
15:02 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Update version for 3.6.5
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7460 minor, P5 - low, ---, stephane.delaune, Pushed to Stable , nl2br in opac Title notes tab
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3916 critical, P2, ---, sophie.meynieux, Pushed to Stable , Batch Modify tool overwrites dropdown fields - no option for "no change"
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7558 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Stable , Serial issue note doubled up in full history
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7579 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Stable , Icons for authorized values/item types not showing in OPAC
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7575 minor, P5 - low, ---, chrish, Pushed to Stable , Printing opac search results truncation in ie7/8
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7585 minor, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Pushed to Stable , Correct MARC 008 Value Builder Char 06 Default
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7885 normal, P5 - low, ---, robin, Pushed to Stable , Change filename of TransferLog suggested by packages to fit with logrotate
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7766 normal, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Stable , C4/ emits debug output to STDOUT
15:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7886 normal, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Stable , C4/ShelfBrowser slow SQL performance
15:05 asaurat left #koha
15:06 oleonard slef: The cart also requires cookies. Should that be addressed in your patch?
15:06 reiveune bye
15:06 oleonard bye reiveune
15:06 reiveune left #koha
15:09 * oleonard thinks he has Bug 8143 completed for the staff client
15:09 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8143 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Upgrade jQuery tabs to current jQueryUI version
15:10 cait_train yay
15:11 oleonard It depends on Bug 7747, hopefully a kind QA-er will QA that one :)
15:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7747 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Replace YUI autocomplete with jQueryUI
15:11 Joubu bye o/
15:11 libsysguy left #koha
15:11 libsysguy joined #koha
15:11 cait_train bye Joubu :)
15:11 sekjal did somebody say "QA"?
15:12 * sekjal enters from stage left
15:12 * libsysguy grabs shepards hook
15:13 oleonard slef: The note about cookies on the login page, is that required by law now? Is it a problem that the same note doesn't appear with the login form on the OPAC home page?
15:14 cait_train :)
15:14 cait_train hi sekjal and libsysguy
15:14 libsysguy hi cait_train
15:15 sekjal hi, cait_train
15:16 * jcamins tests
15:17 * libsysguy tries to burn yui in his proof of concept
15:17 jcamins If it manages to get through the entire release test successfully, I'll add deploying to the tool's repertoire. :)
15:18 slef oleonard: Yes. Damn, yes.
15:19 oleonard EU web users are going to get sick of those notices.
15:19 slef oleonard: and my understanding is that the cart is exempt because it is strictly necessary when it is set... but do we have carts if the user is not logged in?
15:19 oleonard slef: Yes, the cart works independently of login
15:20 oleonard slef: It's not connected to the user's identity. It just stores biblionumbers in the cookie.
15:20 slef in the session or another cookie?
15:20 slef I'll go test it
15:20 oleonard Another cookie.
15:20 cait_train :)
15:21 slef EU web users are sick of website operators trying to spy on them. That's why we have the law. But the industry has been in denial since 2000 or 2002 or some such, and not fixed the infringements, so now the UK has given it teeth.
15:21 * oleonard agrees on the spying issue for sure
15:21 slef I think I'll need to exempt the other cookie from the deletion.
15:22 slef Any others I may have missed?
15:22 slef And why doesn't the cart use the session JOOI?
15:22 oleonard JOOI?
15:23 laurence left #koha
15:23 slef JOOI is Just Out Of Interest
15:23 slef wahanui: JOOI?
15:23 wahanui JOOI is probably Just Out Of Interest
15:23 slef wahanui: close enough
15:23 wahanui slef: huh?
15:23 slef wahanui: true
15:23 wahanui slef: sorry...
15:23 slef wahanui: die!
15:23 wahanui errrrgh arrrrgh stop it that tickles a bit!
15:24 cait_train ts slef
15:24 cait_train wahanui botsnack ampelmännchen
15:24 wahanui thanks cait_train :)
15:25 oleonard slef I'm not sure how that would work, the cart using the session.
15:27 gaetan_B joined #koha
15:33 slef oleonard: not saying it would. Just not sure why it wouldn't :)
15:34 chris_n is 254$b really not part of the "title proper"?
15:35 oleonard the session cookie contains a string that matches an entry in the database. The cart cookie is just a long string of biblionumbers. If you wanted to have the cart "use the session cookie" I think you'd be talking about storing those biblionumbers in the database instead?
15:35 chris_n MARC::File::XML includes $a,n,p in that
15:36 jcamins chris_n: that is correct.
15:36 oleonard slef: I also see a KohaOpacLanguage cookie in my browser
15:40 jcamins C is for cookie, that's good enough for me!
15:41 slef oleonard: yes, storing those numbers in the session database (usually database)
15:41 slef oleonard: hmmm. Is that only set if you switch language?
15:43 alex_a left #koha
15:47 oleonard slef: The KohaOpacLanguage cookie doesn't seem to be set by default
15:47 sophie_m left #koha
15:48 sekjal oleonard:  7747 is pretty large... taking me a bit of time to review....
15:49 oleonard sekjal: And that's the small version!
15:50 slef oleonard: cool. So it needs a warning by the language selector, or a popup.
15:50 slef damn I've got to try to figure out parsing $cookie just before it is sent to the browser :(
15:50 * slef looks at his next appointment
15:51 jcamins Bother. My Perl release-tool script blows up just before building the packages, but if I run the command manually, it works fine.
15:52 drojf1 joined #koha
15:55 jcamins Ha! I think I figured it out.
15:55 jcamins Now I just have to wait for this package build to finish so I can try again...
15:57 jcamins liw: around?
15:58 libsysguy would it be so criminal to introduce Date::Manip in one module
15:59 * oleonard cuts out early
15:59 oleonard Have a good weekend everyone
15:59 melia joined #koha
16:05 zioha joined #koha
16:15 vfernandes joined #koha
16:22 ZAHID joined #koha
16:23 ZAHID joined #koha
16:24 ASUSunDevil Is there a pdf of the current version of the 3.8 manual available?
16:24 mbalmer joined #koha
16:24 mbalmer evening.
16:24 wahanui i heard evening was better for me - but not too late
16:25 mbalmer interesting discussion about naming of primary keys on the ml
16:25 wizzyrea ASUSunDevil: not that I'm aware of
16:25 jcamins mbalmer: consistency is always a good thing. It will make using DBI::Class that much easier.
16:26 mbalmer yes. and a little bit no ;)
16:26 mbalmer but paul is right to bring the subject up, we should settle with one form.
16:26 wizzyrea what was that thing we were talking about yesterday, something to do with lists...
16:26 wizzyrea logs?
16:26 wahanui well, logs is
16:27 wizzyrea ah right, user entered titles that link to searches
16:28 * wizzyrea meant to file a bug, didn't. Will now.
16:32 * chris_n is of mbalmer's opinion that we really ought to use table.column
16:32 chris_n but would settle for #4
16:32 jcamins chris_n: don't we do that anyway?
16:32 sekjal chris_n: agreed, that's how we should reference the columns, for minimal ambiguity
16:32 chris_n jcamins: what code are you looking at?
16:32 chris_n :-)
16:32 mbalmer I wouldn't object #4 either.  but being explicit is never a mistake, imo.
16:33 jcamins chris_n: just my own.
16:33 chris_n try being vague with your directory path or xml path or...
16:33 sekjal but I think the purpose of this discussion is more for naming conventions to ease ongoing maintenance, and lower the learning curve to understanding Koha's data structure
16:33 chris_n I do think that foo_id is a bit more informative than just 'id'
16:33 * jcamins yawns. How many times do I have to run the unit tests?
16:34 chris_n but if you have that probably covers most of what foo_id does as well
16:34 mbalmer I do think that <table>.<column> leaves almost no questions about what is being referred to.
16:34 * chris_n hands jcamins a pillow
16:35 mbalmer <table>_<column> is just a convention, whereas <table>.<column> is a syntactically correct, unambigous reference.
16:35 jcamins Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how one creates a database using DBI.
16:35 chris_n unit tests should play some relaxing music while they ar running
16:36 mbalmer but since <food> is on the <table>, I have to bail out for dinner ;)
16:36 chris_n lol
16:36 chris_n no problem following that path...
16:36 wizzyrea bug 8156
16:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8156 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, wizzyrea, NEW , allow users to put things in lists that are not in the catalog (free text entries to lists)
16:37 cait joined #koha
16:37 cait left #koha
16:37 cait joined #koha
16:37 * cait waves
16:37 jcamins Oh, I see. I don't use connect.
16:38 ZAHID joined #koha
16:38 wizzyrea jcamins: your post has been published - I hope you were ready?
16:38 jcamins Yup.
16:39 jcamins Thanks!
16:40 ZAHID joined #koha
16:40 wizzyrea sure, getting your perms in order now
16:41 wizzyrea golly there's a lot of stuff in 3.6.5. jcamins++
16:41 wizzyrea community++
16:42 jcamins There sure is.
16:44 wizzyrea chris_n++ for starting those lovely release tools.
16:44 wizzyrea love how those notes come out
16:44 wizzyrea so easy to grasp what's changed.
16:49 * chris_n bites the head off of a rhinoceros
16:49 chris_n gotta love animal cookies
17:07 ZAHID left #koha
17:08 zioha joined #koha
17:13 * jcamins runs it again.
17:13 jcamins We're getting there, though. It waits until running the webinstaller to die.
17:17 libsysguy joined #koha
17:17 libsysguy thoughts on date::manip on calendar manipulation pages?
17:18 * jcamins doesn't know anything about it, but has no objections.
17:18 libsysguy heh its just big
17:18 libsysguy so everybody hates on it
17:18 libsysguy but it is really robust
17:37 drojf joined #koha
17:41 slef Does anyone here have a high-resolution copy of 10 years in 10 minutes? I'd like a "screenshot" of a well-developed Koha structure
17:44 wizzyrea I think the youtube version is pretty high res
17:44 wizzyrea it goes up to 720p
17:47 slef trying to print it... I've been told the youtube is marked as CC-BY-NC-SA... if it is, then I can't use it (we're commercial) but isn't it a derived work of the Koha code so should be GPLv2?
17:49 wizzyrea hm wonder why NC
17:49 wizzyrea anyway.
17:50 wizzyrea I bet you could get *permission* to use it though
17:50 wizzyrea just ask rangi
17:54 wizzyrea 8:43 is pretty awesome in that
17:59 datadoctor joined #koha
18:03 wajasu joined #koha
18:04 slef @later tell rangi can we have permission to print 10 years in 10 mins on our banner for kohacon12 please? And why is it labelled CC-NC not GPLv2? (derived from Koha)
18:04 huginn` slef: The operation succeeded.
18:09 Oak joined #koha
18:13 pastebot "jcamins" at pasted "perldoc" (79 lines) at
18:14 jcamins ^^ if anyone is wondering what I'm doing
18:14 Oak :)
18:15 datadoctor jcamins: very interesting
18:15 Oak me go sleep now.
18:15 Oak night.
18:15 Oak jcamins++
18:15 jcamins datadoctor: now I just have to make it work...
18:16 datadoctor bon nuit!
18:16 datadoctor What is the main advantage of using the tool - saving time on manual commands?
18:16 jcamins datadoctor: basically.
18:17 jcamins datadoctor: every time I make a change on 3.6.x, I run forty-five minutes worth of tasks.
18:17 jcamins With the script, it can be automated.
18:17 jcamins I'm also working on getting it to manage packages, as well.
18:20 jcamins datadoctor: I already have a bash script that does this stuff, but it was getting unwieldy.
18:20 libsysguy sorry to butt in but I have a quick question, i deleted a folder…what is the git command to get it back
18:20 libsysguy i thought it was reset
18:20 libsysguy but i was wrong-ish
18:20 jcamins git checkout  folder
18:20 libsysguy doh
18:20 libsysguy thanks jcamins
18:22 datadoctor Our main issue with installation was PERL updates.
18:23 datadoctor They had dependencies that required us to rerun the installation scripts over and over again.
18:23 liw jcamins, I'm here now
18:24 datadoctor Because some modules depended on other modules that installed later in the script.\
18:25 jcamins liw: it turned out the problem was that Perl doesn't auto-chomp `shell commands`.
18:25 jcamins I was using DEBEMAIL correctly.
18:25 jcamins :)
18:25 jcamins datadoctor: that's why I use the packages.
18:25 * liw knows no perl :)
18:25 jcamins liw: that's okay, I wanted to ask you what went into DEBEMAIL to make dch not throw a fit and die.
18:26 jcamins "Just an e-mail address" is the answer. ;)
18:26 liw jcamins, :)
18:27 * liw is not of much help while he's touring the Italian countryside looking at medieval city centres and earthquake damage
18:27 jcamins Yeah, but you're having a lot more fun, I bet!
18:28 liw possibly :)
18:34 datadoctor jacamins I like the idea of installing from the packages. I am used to doing it from git. If there are many git branches active is it hard to generate the packages?
18:34 jcamins datadoctor: what do you mean? You can only have one branch checked out at a time.
18:35 datadoctor jcamins: Well, I guess that makes sense - you would not be merging branches, just generating from what you have checked out.
18:36 jcamins datadoctor: you merge whichever branches you want to have in your package, then you create the package.
18:38 datadoctor jcamins: I used CPAN to pull my PERL updates on the last install. Does a package install take care of the PERL?
18:39 jcamins Yes.
18:39 datadoctor jcamins: Thanks! I'm still learning about the development process...
18:40 * jcamins discovers that chdir is not scope-sensitive in any way.
18:42 chris_n jcamins: did you write the perdoc first? ;-)
18:42 jcamins chris_n: yes.
18:42 jcamins chris_n: well, I did most of the coding first.
18:42 jcamins But I wrote the POD while waiting for the task to run.
18:43 datadoctor ;)
18:43 jcamins Since it takes *ages*, that gave me plenty of time for POD writing.
18:52 * chris_n takes the nestea plunge
18:52 chris_n and upgrades his production box from post 3.2.x master to 3.8.x
18:53 jcamins Whoah!
18:53 chris_n all the librarians are on vacation... ehehehe
18:53 chris_n yup, thanks to many rehearsals, the db upgraded with only two non-important errors
18:53 jcamins Yay!
18:54 chris_n I'll do my best to keep up this time :-)
19:44 wizzyrea omgosh chris_n, congratulations
19:44 wizzyrea I know that's been a huge project for ya
19:44 * chris_n passes out cookies
19:45 wizzyrea must feel awesome to have it done
19:45 chris_n hmmm... is that legal in the UK?
19:45 wizzyrea biscuits
19:45 wahanui biscuits are almost done.
19:45 wizzyrea or something
19:45 * wizzyrea likes the NZ "slice"
19:45 chris_n ok, if you're in the UK: you'll have to opt-in before touching the cookies ;-)
19:45 wizzyrea oh boy.
19:46 * chris_n looks toward slef
19:48 * wizzyrea casually wonders why a gmail tab takes 64MB of memory
19:48 jcamins wizzyrea: do you *really* want to ask yourself that question?
19:48 * wizzyrea sobs
19:48 wizzyrea no
19:50 wizzyrea ohhh it's a chrome for mac bug - it's not really using that much
19:50 wizzyrea[…]s/detail?id=25454
19:50 * wizzyrea took a quick detour through the innards of chrome
19:50 wizzyrea that was interesting
19:51 jcamins Heh.
19:51 jcamins Woohoo!
19:51 jcamins The package building now appears to work!
19:52 chris_n woot!
19:53 chris_n while the librarians are away it will play
19:53 chris_n its the wrath of the catalogers I worry about
19:54 jcamins Heh.
19:54 * jcamins is a cataloger. FEAR ME!
19:57 * chris_n whips out the dark-chocolate fudge and places it before jcamins
19:57 jcamins :)
19:58 * jcamins is mollified.
20:03 datadoctor Glad to hear you got your packages!
20:04 jcamins datadoctor: well, we haven't quite reached deploying them to an apt repo yet, but it's a start.
20:05 datadoctor Must wait to unwrap the packages...:(
20:06 datadoctor Oh well, we are upgrading our server hardware before we can even begin to think about upgrading to 3.8.x
20:06 datadoctor That will happen later this Summer.
20:07 datadoctor ...and that's when all the custom code requests start pouring in...
20:08 datadoctor This time around I hope to feed some of our improvements back to the community.
20:08 jcamins datadoctor: yeah, that's what I was just about to say.
20:08 datadoctor !!!
20:08 jcamins (that you should try to get your changes into Koha proper)
20:10 datadoctor I'm still trying to wrap my mind around installing from packages, but committing changes to a git branch.
20:11 libsysguy you can do that?
20:11 datadoctor Not me!
20:12 libsysguy heh i thought I was about to have my mind blown
20:12 datadoctor We currently work from a 3.5 branch that we checked out last year.
20:12 libsysguy whoa…well i guess it could be worse
20:12 libsysguy i thought i saw earlier where chris_n upgraded from a 3.2 branch
20:12 datadoctor We will be going from 3.5 to 3.8.
20:13 libsysguy but you need new hardware
20:13 chris_n libsysguy: indeed I did :-)
20:13 libsysguy or you're just getting some
20:13 libsysguy chris_n++
20:13 jcamins datadoctor: packages are easy.
20:13 datadoctor We've got a new server coming our way.
20:13 * libsysguy loves new hardware
20:13 jcamins Basically once you have a git branch that looks exactly like what you want, you run debian/build-git-snapshot, and wait.
20:13 datadoctor Ok...
20:14 datadoctor So that would generate the git branch from my installation?
20:14 datadoctor I'm confused...
20:14 chris_n jcamins: we should add that as a clickable link to gitweb
20:14 chris_n like the "snapshot" link
20:14 chris_n that would be very nice
20:15 libsysguy ^^
20:15 jcamins chris_n: that would be *so cool*.
20:15 libsysguy like a master install button
20:15 chris_n instant deb++
20:15 jcamins Sadly building the packages does take a bit.
20:15 datadoctor [consults ProGit manual] ...thinking...
20:15 libsysguy what if there is an error
20:16 libsysguy does jenkins just go back to the latest success
20:16 datadoctor[…]es_-_The_Easy_Way
20:16 jcamins libsysguy: if there's an error then someone failed to test their branch prior to pushing.
20:16 libsysguy heh
20:17 jcamins datadoctor: see, very easy.
20:17 datadoctor Luckily I have a three-day weekend to read up on this!
20:18 jcamins git?
20:18 wahanui well, git is[…]Control_Using_Git
20:18 jcamins ^^ at the end of the page is a reading list by yours truly.
20:18 datadoctor In between the year's first dip in the lake, and a family picnic.
20:18 jcamins :)
20:19 datadoctor My mind has been expanded.
20:19 * jcamins grumbles angrily about relative paths.
20:20 zioha joined #koha
20:20 jcamins I've been carefully doing chdir('.') prior to trying to delete the temporary directory.
20:20 jcamins And my otherwise warning-free script has been complaining.
20:20 datadoctor Where are your relative paths leading you?
20:21 jcamins datadoctor: I maintain that when I ask for the current directory, "." is not helpful.
20:22 datadoctor Is it a bash configuration issue? Or just a fact of Linux?
20:22 jcamins datadoctor: it's Perl being weird.
20:22 datadoctor I see.
20:23 jcamins Since '.' means "the current directory," it didn't occur to me that Perl would consider that a useful response to my calling curdir() to get the current directory.
20:23 datadoctor :)
20:23 datadoctor .
20:24 cait-m joined #koha
20:26 cait-m hi all
20:26 chris_n hi cait-m
20:26 jcamins Hi cait-m!
20:26 cait-m :-)
20:26 chris_n chasing internet connectivity today? :-)
20:27 cait-m travelling :-)
20:27 cait-m but on bus home now
20:28 mbalmer back from dinner...
20:31 drojf hi cait-m, not home yet? long journey…
20:32 cait-m around 8 hours
20:32 drojf uh
20:32 cait-m but not far from home now
20:32 drojf :)
20:39 datadoctor Would getcwd(); work?
20:39 datadoctor Or is that just for the current working directory?
20:39 sekjal happy weekend, #koha (and happy long weekend to those of you getting one)!
20:40 jcamins datadoctor: yeah, that worked, but it took me a bit to find it.
20:42 cait-m joined #koha
20:43 * jcamins reads about GND.
21:04 cait joined #koha
21:05 jcamins o/
21:05 cait gnd?
21:05 jcamins Yes.
21:06 jcamins In particular, the 079 field.
21:06 jcamins I can't figure out what exactly is in it. Is it like authority type?
21:06 cait hm
21:06 cait Iam sure I can find out
21:06 cait but might take a moment :)
21:06 cait have you a link or something?
21:07 jcamins[…]ND/gnd_node.html;
21:07 jcamins It's hard because I can't read German.
21:08 jcamins chris_n and I were discussing how we really need some sort of indication in the MARC record what type of authority we're dealing with.
21:09 jcamins I thought that GND might have something like that.
21:09 cait ah
21:09 cait quite sure it's in there
21:09 cait in the marc bibliographic or in the marc authority record?
21:09 jcamins Authority.
21:10 jcamins We were talking about maybe using LDR/18, since that's not in use.
21:10 cait hm
21:10 cait isn't the used 1xx field an indicator?
21:11 cait I think that's how the import scripts work?
21:11 jcamins Yes, but it's not a very good indicator. :(
21:11 jcamins Among other issues, name/title authorities can't be identified.
21:12 datadoctor I'm having an end-of-day issue.
21:13 jcamins Wondering why we're still working?
21:13 jcamins Good question!
21:13 jcamins :)
21:13 datadoctor :) Must go home now. See y'all next week.
21:13 datadoctor Best of luck with all your projects - and picnics!
21:14 cait jcamins: I think you were right
21:14 cait 079 $b is used
21:14 jcamins :)
21:15 jcamins I thought that might be the case.
21:15 jcamins I figured if GND already has a field, we might as well use it.
21:17 jcamins And I figured GND would already have a field because the DNB is sensible like that.
21:17 jcamins :)
21:18 cait :)
21:18 rangi slef: andrew from my work made that, and i think it might be nc because of the song, however i will check on monday
21:19 rangi slef: in the meantime if have some movies of the 3.4 and 3.6 releases you can use
21:19 rangi lemme get the url
21:21 cait morning rangi :)
21:21 rangi slef:[…]ui/default/videos
21:23 rangi @later tell slef andrewc from my work made that, and i think the song was nc hence the video is, but i will check on monday, however in here[…]ui/default/videos there are videos of 3.4 and 3.6 you can use in the meantime
21:23 huginn` rangi: The operation succeeded.
21:25 rangi jcamins++
21:25 rangi now ill have to run more stats
21:25 jcamins ... and deploy failed.
21:25 rangi oh you cant put it on download?
21:26 jcamins chris_n uploaded it.
21:26 rangi cool
21:26 * jcamins is trying to automate deploying his packages to his apt repo.
21:26 rangi must be permissions
21:26 rangi ill fix that
21:26 rangi hmm i need to come up with a new whakatauki (proverb) for the release notes too
21:27 jcamins Okay, it doesn't like 3.6-testing.
21:28 rangi ok swimming lessons
21:28 rangi bbl
21:29 jcamins Why doesn't it like 3.6-testing? It was fine with squeeze-dev and 3.6.x.
21:30 jcamins Oh. It was stale packages.
21:51 maximep left #koha
21:53 stuartyeates joined #koha
22:03 Soupermanito joined #koha
22:04 libsysguy man dbix has sure changed since i used it a few years ago
22:36 cait left #koha
23:26 eythian hi
23:26 jcamins Shouldn't you be off doing something fun?
23:26 jcamins I think I got my apt repo working finally. :)
23:27 eythian jcamins: So far I've biked across town, done 2 hours of seishinkan training, biked half way back, now I'm going to work on my presentation for a bit once I've cooled down :)
23:27 eythian awesome
23:28 jcamins @later tell chris_n My new script has been pushed to github.
23:28 huginn` jcamins: The operation succeeded.
23:28 jcamins It only took an entire day!
23:28 eythian heh
23:35 eythian I fear my arms are going to be killing me later today, 2 solid hours of sword work when I haven't really done it in a few weeks is pretty hard on them.
23:36 jcamins Heh.
23:38 NateC joined #koha
23:54 melia left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary