IRC log for #koha, 2012-04-30

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:29 papa joined #koha
00:31 papa joined #koha
01:20 chris_n jcamins: fetchall_arrayref maybe your friend when converting to json
01:22 chris_n nice looking timeline
01:35 jcamins chris_n: yeah, that's what it was using before.
01:35 jcamins And is using again.
01:35 jcamins But I wanted [ { column1: value, column2: value, ... } ] [...]
01:46 * chris_n gave up trying to doing that with dbi
01:47 jcamins Yeah, me too.
01:50 chris_n what would be nice would be a json method for statement handles
01:52 chris_n $sth->fetchall_json(format) or some such
01:52 * chris_n wanders off in search of sleep
02:00 jcamins_away That's exactly what I want.
02:41 kathryn hi everyone, has anyone come across this problem, only in IE 8 or 9, and using 3.6.4 : "whenever you get to a search results list page, the first entry in the list is always bung"
02:41 kathryn <---in the words of the person applying the design : )
02:44 Space_Librarian We're still 3.6.2, otherwise we'd check for you
02:45 kathryn hi Space_Librarian
02:45 Space_Librarian hey kathryn
02:57 eythian http://contextfreepatentart.tu[…]/post/21983874056
03:30 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:30 Amit_Gupta heya bag
03:33 mtj kathryn: opac or staff interface?
03:33 kathryn mtj: hello, opac
03:35 mtj kathryn: does your problem exist here...
03:36 mtj (that example a 3.8 Koha)
03:36 mtj s/a/is a/
03:42 kathryn hey mtj no it doesn't happen there have only noticed in 3.6.4
03:42 kathryn though
03:43 kathryn no worries though I can get some help here tomorrow : )
03:43 kathryn thanks!
03:45 mtj so, how about now?
03:48 kathryn sorry for delays I'm tooing and froing!
03:49 mtj (thats a 3.6.4 Koha now...)
03:51 kathryn mtj do you mind turning on the book covers? : )
03:53 mtj ... i've flicked on the google-jackets for opac
03:54 mtj on 1st result
03:56 kathryn that's a pretty tame book cover, whew
04:01 kathryn mtj still no. do you mind also flicking "TagsInputOnList" syspref on please?
04:03 mtj done... it looks like your problem is specific to your Koha system?
04:04 mtj some syspref is causing an html bug, that IE cant handle
04:06 kathryn thanks heaps mtj, hmmn it happened in more than one instance O
04:06 kathryn will pass that along - thanks again : )
04:08 mtj no probs
04:08 mtj if you cant get to the bottom of it - log a bug (with a screenshot)
04:10 kathryn will definitely do
04:10 kathryn cheers
04:10 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
04:37 cait joined #koha
04:37 cait hi #koha
04:37 eythian hi cait
04:38 cait oh hi eythian
04:39 kathryn hey cait :)
04:39 cait h kathryn - all still at work?
04:39 kathryn you too?!
04:39 kathryn : )
04:40 kathryn cait it feels a long time since i said hi to you this morning...I'm about to go home
04:41 kathryn goodnight!
04:42 cait no, I just woke up :)
04:46 mermi joined #koha
04:47 mermi Excuse me. But would you please visit my website? Thank you so much!
04:48 eythian erk, when get the spammers when none of the ops seem to be online.
04:48 eythian *we get...
04:57 Space_Librarian a bientot all!
05:26 vkm joined #koha
05:27 vkm hi all
05:29 vkm any body know how to setup hold for perticular item type with number of hold limits, i have tried but it seems that system is taking the values when we set category all, item all
05:30 vkm means only allow hold when we set ALL catogory, ALL item, and the limit of hold is also taking from that setup only rather than indivisualy seted for individual item
06:31 francharb joined #koha
06:33 francharb good morning #koha
06:50 cait left #koha
06:54 laurence joined #koha
06:55 vkm joined #koha
06:55 reiveune joined #koha
06:55 vkm hello
06:55 wahanui hi, vkm
06:56 vkm hello
06:56 reiveune hello
06:56 wahanui hola, reiveune
06:56 vkm can any body tell me how to set up for hold
06:57 vkm i have tried it works only when we set up catogory all item type all but do not work with perticular catogory and item
06:58 vkm it picks hold limit from ALL item and ALL catogory rather than limit seted for that perticular item, version 3.6
07:03 vkm hello anybody
07:04 hdl joined #koha
07:04 vkm another thing is what is pre requirments before data import so that my authority and subject should also become searchable which is not at present
07:08 asaurat joined #koha
07:16 laurence joined #koha
07:16 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:16 gaetan_B hello ::)
07:23 kf joined #koha
07:23 kf good morning #koha
07:31 magnuse guten morgen kf
07:32 kf hi magnuse
07:32 kf fredericd: around?
07:33 sophie_m joined #koha
07:33 kf @later tell fredericd - looking for you with a pootle question :)
07:33 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
07:46 kf left #koha
07:54 kf joined #koha
08:01 samuel joined #koha
08:01 samuel hello everybody :-)
08:04 kf hi samuel :)
08:04 kf samuel++ :)
08:06 kf left #koha
08:07 kf joined #koha
08:09 Guillaume joined #koha
08:11 drojf good morning #koha
08:13 magnuse hiya drojf
08:13 magnuse oh my 120 bugs need signoff
08:13 drojf hi magnuse :)
08:14 * magnuse will try to dedicate this friday to signing off
08:14 paul_p joined #koha
08:15 magnuse kia ora paul_p!
08:15 paul_p good morning #koha.
08:17 kf good morning paul_p
08:17 kf how was your vacation?
08:22 drojf moin kf :)
08:22 kf moin drojf :)
08:24 paul_p hi kf. Too short. I feel as tired as before :\ -and I stayed at home, which is not the best idea one can have: I made a lot of things in my house & garden...)
08:24 kf oh
08:26 kf but a nice garden will help you relax in the evenings now? :)
08:28 kf paul_p: trying to be optimistic
08:28 paul_p :D
08:29 kf and not a lot of issues with the release so far
08:29 kf almost quiet
09:07 chris_n` joined #koha
09:11 drojf is there a reason why we have 'opacheader', but not 'intranetheader', while *usercss and *userjs exist for both?
09:12 kf hm
09:12 kf not a real reason I guess
09:12 kf and we didn't always have intranetusercss
09:12 kf opacusercss was there before :)
09:13 kf it was one of my first patches I think, fixing that
09:13 drojf ah :)
09:18 mveron joined #koha
09:42 vkm joined #koha
09:59 vkm please let me know the requirments for generating email alerts
09:59 vkm do we need y aditional soware to installft
10:02 samuel joined #koha
10:03 vkm hi samuel
10:03 samuel I've just updated my koha and i've got some errors while the updating of the database  (...)
10:03 samuel [Mon Apr 30 11:59:44 2012] DBD::mysql::db do failed: Duplicate column name 'patronreason' at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/ins​taller/data/mysql/ line 4586. [Mon Apr 30 11:59:44 2012] DBD::mysql::db do failed: Duplicate entry 'AllowItemsOnHoldCheckout' for key 'PRIMARY' at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-b
10:04 samuel the second: [Mon Apr 30 11:59:44 2012] DBD::mysql::db do failed: Duplicate entry 'AllowItemsOnHoldCheckout' for key 'PRIMARY' at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/ins​taller/data/mysql/ line 4672.
10:04 kf it shoudl be ok
10:05 kf it says that the fields already exist in your database
10:05 kf not sure why it happened, but you can probably safely ignore those
10:05 samuel but i keep my version (
10:06 kf samuel: how did oyu update?
10:07 samuel we use debian package
10:08 samuel and during the aptitude update, koha has been updated
10:08 kf hn
10:08 kf hm
10:08 kf I wonder if the debian packages are missing the last update to the database
10:08 drojf i think i have the same db number with debian package 3.8
10:08 kf 49 is correct for functionality - no worries. but it hsould tell you 3.8 :)
10:09 kf @later tell eythian - possible that the debian packages are missing the last database bump to 3.8? :)
10:09 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
10:09 drojf Koha-Version:
10:10 drojf there were several db updates though
10:10 kf 49 was the last real update
10:10 kf then a last one was done to only change the version
10:10 drojf Upgrade to done (Add system preference OpacBrowseResults )
10:10 kf I think that bit is missing
10:10 drojf is my last
10:10 kf yep
10:10 kf that's right
10:10 wahanui I know.
10:10 drojf yeah i thought so
10:10 drojf that it is only the number
10:10 samuel maybe. I've a 3.8 on my laptop, which i use for development and test but on our server, it fails. I wonder if  it's due to the koha-conf.xml (i've keeped the version installed)
10:11 kf it's only cosmetic
10:11 kf samuel: what's your error?
10:14 samuel oups, i 'm sleeping, it's the koha-httpd.conf (there is a new version of koha-httpd.conf: do you want to install it? keep the version installed?....)
10:16 drojf samuel: i did that with record.abs and had problems later. its maybe better to backup your changed files first, get the new file and then see what the changes are
10:18 samuel yes. sure :-)
10:20 kf what drojf says :)
10:33 slef anyone know why the reserves table doesn't have a primary key?
10:35 slef I've fixed bug 7717 except that the cancel hold function cancels all the holds - and the best fix I can do is to cancel the next hold but maybe the wrong hold because there's no way to uniquely identify a hold/reservation.
10:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7717 enhancement, P3, ---, mjr, ASSIGNED , Multiple Identical Holds
10:42 kyleh_ joined #koha
10:54 kf slef: noone knows - but there is a patch to fix it
10:55 kf bug 7065
10:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7065 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , reserves table needs a primary key
10:55 kf slef: and it's waiting for a sign-off
10:55 kf :)
10:59 slef cool, thanks kf
11:13 skk joined #koha
11:13 NateC joined #koha
11:17 skk we had imported some MARC records and then we deleted the database and created a fresh database but still we are seeing those imported records in OPAC how to get rid of these records pl. help
11:18 magnuse skk: The most likely cause of this problem is the need to re-index the Zebra database. Simply execute ‘ -a -b -r’.
11:18 skk that is done
11:18 magnuse with the -r switch?
11:19 jwagner joined #koha
11:19 skk let me try again
11:19 skk but we had done that
11:23 skk no its still showing
11:23 skk can someone help
11:32 kf skk: perhaps try different runs
11:32 kf -a -r
11:32 kf and -b -r
11:33 skk ok
11:34 slef kf: utterly doesn't apply. I'll try to update it.
11:48 jcamins_away slef: if you're talking about adding the primary key to reserves, make sure you take into account the comments on the bug.
11:52 kf yes, we need reserves and oldreserves and both should count up correctly... no duplicates
11:53 samuel joined #koha
11:57 magnuse jcamins_away: bug 7924 is waving at you :-)
11:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7924 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Fix handling of command line arguments in koha-remove
11:57 * jcamins_away waves back at bug 7924
11:57 * magnuse wanders off to lunch
11:57 jcamins_away magnuse: you saw my nifty enhanced content, right?
11:58 * jcamins_away is terribly proud of his maps and timelines.
11:58 magnuse jcamins_away: yeah, didn't test it out, though
11:58 magnuse got a live example?
11:58 jcamins_away Also,
11:59 magnuse yay, cool
12:00 jcamins_away Okay, now you may eat lunch. :)
12:00 magnuse the accented o is truncated ->[…]iavelli,%20Niccol
12:00 kf and then back to work! :)
12:00 jcamins_away magnuse: yeah, I know. I haven't gotten around to fixing that yet.
12:00 magnuse jcamins++ anyway!
12:01 magnuse i hope semantikoha will mak stuff like that even easier, though :-)
12:01 jcamins_away Me too!
12:01 jwagner joined #koha
12:02 kf jcamins_away++ :)
12:04 slef wahanui: mysql manual?
12:04 wahanui mysql manual is
12:07 kf jcamins++
12:07 kf @karma jcamins_away
12:07 huginn kf: Karma for "jcamins_away" has been increased 13 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 13.
12:14 oleonard joined #koha
12:16 oleonard Hi #koha
12:18 kf hi oleonard .)
12:18 kf :)
12:19 * oleonard was ready to hand kf an eye patch
12:19 kf . and : are on the same key on my keyboard
12:20 kf so if I am too slow with shift...
12:20 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_7849' <[…]71d4c855954c55114> / Fix typo in patch for bug 7849 <[…]ca22589076cdf887b>
12:21 jenkins_koha Starting build #720 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
12:23 magnus_lunch fist push after 3.8? woohoo! :-)
12:27 kf yay :)
12:27 kf we are on our way to the next version :)
12:27 magnuse w00t!
12:30 hdl joined #koha
12:32 kf hi hdl :)
12:46 hdl hi kf*
12:48 ago43 joined #koha
12:52 NateC joined #koha
12:54 edveal joined #koha
12:55 oleonard First incremental jQueryUI patch submitted: Bug 7747
12:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7747 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Replace YUI autocomplete with jQueryUI
12:56 oleonard ...since I don't have much luck with gigantic world-changing patches
12:57 * oleonard now realizes he should have left the updated jquery core js out of the patch and make it dependent on approval of bug 5184
12:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5184 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Upgrade jQuery to the latest version
12:58 kf hm
12:58 kf so start stesting with 5158=
12:58 kf ah, that's already signed off
12:59 kf so next is testing 7747, or waiting until you do another patch?
12:59 oleonard kf you can test 7747 but the jquery-compatibility fixes in 5184 will not be there
13:00 oleonard ...and the compatibility fixes are pretty minor (and unrelated to autocomplete), so it shouldn't interfere with your testing
13:02 * slef puts a deposit down for kohacon12 accommodation (ahem)
13:03 drojf joined #koha
13:03 drojf hello again #koha
13:05 slef hello again drojf
13:06 kf slef: ahem? :)
13:06 kf hi drojf :)
13:07 drojf hi slef and kf
13:08 slef kf: probably should have done that before now...
13:10 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #720: SUCCESS in 49 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/720/
13:10 jenkins_koha colin.campbell: Fix typo in patch for bug 7849
13:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7849 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , Instant Fine Calculation at Checkin
13:11 drojf slef: will there be some kind of confirmation email for kohacon talks? i will probably need that to get the university to pay for my trip
13:13 trea joined #koha
13:14 drojf our librarian likes the new staff client layout in 3.8 :)
13:15 chris_n oleonard: are we planning to do away with yui griding and go with jQuery's themeroller
13:15 oleonard jQuery's themeroller only affects jQueryUI widgets, not whole layouts
13:15 kf drojf: would a printout of the schedule work too? Or do you need a formal letter?
13:16 drojf kf: i guess that would be enough
13:16 oleonard chris_n: I started looking at Bootstrap as a replacement grid for the OPAC, but I'm not sure about the staff client (huge project)
13:17 kf I think opac until we have worked out all the little quirks would perhaps be a good start?
13:17 kf and then perhaps module by module?
13:17 chris_n oleonard: it would be nice to have it all rolled up into the concept of a global theme
13:18 chris_n so that we could allow for libraries of themes, etc
13:18 talljoy joined #koha
13:18 chris_n making customization very straightforward
13:18 chris_n hi kf
13:18 chris_n paul_p pushing again
13:19 chris_n paul_p++
13:19 paul_p ;-)
13:19 chris_n wb btw
13:19 * paul_p is wondering how we could succeed motivating ppl to signoff patches...
13:20 kf paul_p: difficult topic
13:20 kf paul_p: I think more devs signing off would be good
13:20 paul_p maybe "submit one sign-off one" rule or advertising program ?
13:20 paul_p kf agreed.
13:20 kf paul_p: I woud like that - but perhaps as advertising
13:20 kf a rule might be hard
13:21 kf and perhaps result in not proper testing?
13:21 paul_p seems that my sandbox system does not attract as many librarians as I was hoping...
13:21 paul_p kf I was half kidding, agreed that a rule would be too hard ;-)
13:22 kf paul_p: lots of things are hard to test there
13:22 kf it's still a great thing
13:22 kf perhaps we could use a keyword - to mark patches that are sandbox testable?
13:22 kf no command line operations, no reindex needed, database updates work I think?
13:22 kf or don?
13:23 kf if we had a bugzilla keyword, devs could mark their sandbox testable patches and we could create a list of those to advertise to librarians
13:23 kf bug wranglers could set the keyword too
13:23 slef drojf: there's a lot of talk emails pending. We had a lot to review that arrived near deadline and I need to sift through them but it won't be today and probably not tomorrow :-(  but if you haven't heard yet, yours was accepted :-)
13:23 drojf slef: i read the log after kf told me so i know :)
13:24 slef paul_p: giving signers equivalent prominence in release notes may help
13:24 paul_p slef ???
13:24 wahanui slef is, like, an avid cyclist
13:24 kf paul_p: a lit of people who signed off in the release notes
13:24 kf like we do with developers
13:25 kf paul_p: I woudl also like to talk about bug wranglers and default assignees for moudles - I think we can agree it does not work like it is now
13:25 kf but the next meeting is at an unfortunate time :(
13:25 paul_p kf++ !!!
13:25 kf so perhaps I will try gather some suggestions for people to talk about at the hackfest and propose something next meeting
13:25 kf next next... after the very early in the morning where I sleep one
13:26 slef kf: write a statement and put it on agenda and send apologies... remote control discussions
13:26 slef wahanui: next meeting?
13:26 wahanui next meeting is next Wednesday, 18:00 UTC
13:26 slef wahanui: liar!
13:26 wahanui slef: what?
13:26 kf slef: lol - don't think that will work well :)
13:28 slef wahanui: no, next meeting is Wednesday 2012-05-02 02:00:00 +0000
13:28 wahanui ...but next meeting is next Wednesday, 18:00 UTC...
13:28 slef wahanui: forget next meeting
13:28 wahanui slef: I forgot next meeting
13:28 slef wahanui: next meeting is Wednesday 2012-05-02 02:00:00 +0000
13:28 wahanui OK, slef.
13:28 schuster joined #koha
13:28 slef if I make that I won't make the kohacon12 one. Bleah.
13:29 kf slef: warn me before - so I don't end up alone :)
13:29 kf at the kohacon12 one
13:30 slef kf: if I make that one I'll be asleep but I'll try to rememberto ask huginn to tell you
13:30 slef I doubt I will though.
13:31 kf I guess it will be a quiet meeting, going to skip it
13:31 * slef ponders using a mysqlism on the *reserves table
13:31 slef for bug 7065
13:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7065 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , reserves table needs a primary key
13:31 kf but I might write up something on the wiki soon for the meeting after that /hackfest
13:31 kf I think we could perhap shandle the default assignee like the qa team
13:31 slef I don't understand the current code :(
13:31 kf with exception for the modules that actually have active maintainers
13:31 kf like labels
13:31 * oleonard grumble grumble git bz typo grumble
13:31 kf and owen looks after template bugs :)
13:32 kf oleonard++ chris_n++
13:32 * oleonard waves :)
13:32 kf :)
13:33 schuster Can anyone else confirm that this bug 7522 has been resolved in 3.8?  I see it not working in 3.6, but the "demo" systems seem to be fine now.
13:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , When you search preferences, instead of getting a result Koha reports software error
13:34 slef I've searched prefs in 3.8 OK.
13:35 slef schuster: bug report doesn't say what they were searching for.
13:35 schuster I just did as well.
13:35 slef does it really not work in 3.6?
13:35 slef bug is tagged rel_3_6 anyway
13:36 schuster I've emailed them to check it in 3.8 and see if it is working and close it or email me to close it.
13:37 slef why?
13:37 slef bug is tagged rel_3_6, should be fixed in 3.6
13:38 slef or someone should decide it's WONTFIX
13:43 kf is someone useing OPACAllowHoldDateInFuture?
13:43 kf slef: I think there will be more 3.6.x releases
13:43 kf jcamins is taking over as release maintainer
13:43 kf so the decision should be his
13:43 kf once he figured out how the rm scripts work
13:46 slef kf: if our libraries aren't using opacallowholddateinfuture they probably will in the near future. One of them loves fun hold options. Why?
13:48 maximep joined #koha
13:48 kf slef: none of our libraries currently does
13:48 kf and I wondered if it works
13:48 kf but guess I will have to ask them to test and do some testing on my own
13:50 kf ok
13:51 kf allowonshelfholds question - if the item is placed on hold, but not yet pulled - can someone else check it out and is there a parameter so that they can't?
13:51 * kf tries again
13:53 drojf kf: would not make sense if someone else could check it out
13:53 drojf but i have not used it
13:53 kf drojf: it depends
13:53 kf both can make sense
13:53 kf you could argue that someone who is standing in the queue with the book shoudl get it
13:54 kf even if someone reserved it in the meantime
13:54 drojf no i won't ;)
13:54 drojf hm ok, that might be a problem
13:55 * kf adds that to the 'to test' list
14:02 * paul_p switches to pushing "passed QA" again ;-)
14:03 trea joined #koha
14:03 slef bwahahaha
14:04 * chris_n looks toward slef
14:05 * magnuse looks towards slef too
14:05 slef create table newreserves like reserves; alter table newreserves add column reservenumber int(11) not null auto_increment primary key; insert into newreserves select *,null from reserves; drop table reserves; rename table newreserves to reserves;
14:05 slef Why shouldn't I do that?
14:06 * slef realises that phone has been plugged in for an hour but the charger was not switched on at the wall. Oops.
14:07 slef alter table old_reserves add column reservenumber int(11);
14:08 sekjal joined #koha
14:08 slef hi sekjal
14:08 magnuse kia ora sekjal
14:09 sekjal good morning, slef, magnuse
14:10 slef sekjal: is there any objection from QA if updatedatabase copies a table, drops the old one and renames the new one to take the old name?
14:10 slef and are you still QA? ;)
14:10 slef wahanui: QAM?
14:10 wahanui i think QAM is the big one IMHO
14:10 slef wahanui: I agree but who is it!
14:10 wahanui slef: i don't know
14:10 slef wahanui: figures
14:10 wahanui I like *your* figure
14:10 slef wahanui: die!
14:10 wahanui errrrgh arrrrgh stop it that tickles a bit!
14:10 sekjal slef:  yes, I'm still QAM
14:11 slef wahanui: QAM is also sekjal
14:11 wahanui okay, slef.
14:11 sekjal what's the goal of the updatedatabase command?
14:11 slef bug 7065
14:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7065 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , reserves table needs a primary key
14:11 sekjal ah ha
14:12 slef patch doesn't apply there... let me just note that
14:12 sekjal why would you need to copy/drop/rename, instead of just rename?
14:13 sekjal and 7065 seems awfully verbose
14:13 slef adding an auto_increment column
14:13 slef I think the simplest way is
14:13 slef create table newreserves like reserves; alter table newreserves add column reservenumber int(11) not null auto_increment primary key; insert into newreserves select *,null from reserves; drop table reserves; rename table newreserves to reserves;
14:14 slef I don't see how to do it with an UPDATE. I tries messing with LAST_INSERT_ID(...) but I seem to get an error every time.
14:15 chris_n btw, a word to the wise... don't try to upload a 3G file with the quotes uploader....
14:15 kf slef: I thin only problem might be that the table can be quite big?
14:15 chris_n it will absolutely slay your computer :-P
14:15 slef kf: any idea if it's big enough to cause problems?
14:17 kf slef: no idea really and our libraries are so small - unlikely here
14:17 oleonard that's a lot of quotes chris_n
14:18 * chris_n accidentally clicked on the wrong file...
14:18 chris_n so I will now add some code to reject super-large files
14:18 chris_n or at least ask for a sanity check before attempting to slurp it up
14:20 sekjal slef: couldn't we just alter reserves to add the column?  or does the "INSERT SELECT *,NULL" fix a gap I'm not seeing?
14:20 slef sekjal: populating it with numbers.
14:21 sekjal it doesn't auto-populate?  dang
14:21 slef oh
14:21 slef it does in mysql 5
14:21 slef I'm sure it never used to
14:21 sekjal one complication:  reservenumber has to be unique across both reserves and old_reserves
14:22 slef oooookaaaaay so why is kyleh_ doing it more complex?
14:22 slef sekjal: why does it? old_reserves will never be addressed by reservenumber, so I'm comfortable with some NULLs in there.
14:23 sekjal slef:  best to try to fill it in if we can, so we wind up with the same data structure on old installs as well as new
14:23 sekjal I can't think of a feature that would use the key on old_reserves right now
14:23 kf slef: wouldn't it be more clean to add numbers throughout?
14:23 sekjal but it might
14:24 slef sekjal: so I add reservenumber int(11) to old_reserves. Same structure.
14:24 slef kf: maybe but YouAintGonnaNeedIt
14:24 kf they have to be same structure, or we will silently loose the reserves
14:24 * wizzyrea waves
14:24 kf which happened in the past...
14:24 slef
14:24 kf hi wizzyrea :)
14:25 slef kf: alter table old_reserves add reservenumber int(11); makes them close enough the same structure, no?
14:25 sekjal if we add an auto-increment to reserves, and leave old_reserves reservenumber as just a place holder
14:25 jcamins_away Yes, I'm RMaint for 3.6.
14:25 kf slef: yes, enough to avoid loosing data
14:25 slef wahanui: RMaint is jcamins
14:25 wahanui OK, slef.
14:25 slef wahanui: RM is paul_p
14:25 wahanui ...but rm is busy :)...
14:25 jcamins_away RMaint?
14:25 wahanui RMaint is jcamins
14:25 slef wahanui: RM is also paul_p
14:25 wahanui okay, slef.
14:25 sekjal then upgraded installs will have NULLs in old_reserves for most of their data, while new installs will have no such NULLs
14:25 kf wahanui forget RMaint
14:25 wahanui kf: I forgot rmaint
14:25 jcamins_away wahanui: forget RMaint
14:25 wahanui jcamins_away, I didn't have anything matching rmaint
14:26 slef kf: :(
14:26 kf RMaint are rangi and jcamins
14:26 * jcamins_away lets kf correct it.
14:26 kf RMaint
14:26 kf RMaint?
14:26 wahanui RMaint are rangi and jcamins
14:26 slef oic
14:26 kf rmaint are rangi and jcamins, rangi does 3.8.x, jcmains 3.6.x
14:26 sekjal such a data inconsistency introduces complication in support and possible feature development
14:26 slef sekjal: I'm just going to check what old_reserves is used for.
14:27 kf jcamins_away: ok so?
14:27 wahanui i guess so is there an expirationdate and an expiredate?
14:27 slef wahanui: forget so
14:27 wahanui slef: I forgot so
14:28 jcamins_away kf: yup, looks good. :)
14:28 oleonard wahanui's cheeky this morning
14:28 jcamins slef: there definitely needs to be a populated primary key in old_reserves.
14:28 jcamins My objection to 7065 was how it was done.
14:28 slef jcamins: what for?
14:29 jcamins slef: statistics.
14:29 slef jcamins: reports/  you mean?
14:30 kyleh joined #koha
14:30 jcamins slef: I had in mind general statistics reporting.
14:31 jcamins (custom reports, etc.)
14:32 hdl bug 7065
14:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7065 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Patch doesn't apply , reserves table needs a primary key
14:32 slef ok sekjal and jcamins what if I alter old_reserves add column reservenumber int(11) auto_increment; alter old_reserves alter column reservenumber int(11);   alter reserves add column reservenumber int(11) auto_increment = (select max(reservenumber) from old_reserves); or however I do that without a syntax error?
14:32 slef would that cover it?
14:33 jcamins slef: if you do it in a transaction that sounds reasonable.
14:33 jcamins Oh, but there should be a DISTINCT index on reservenumber in old_reserves.
14:33 jcamins But check with sekjal.
14:34 jcamins The problem with the iterative approach was that it resulted in an off-by-one error.
14:35 sekjal slef:  that sounds reasonable, yes, so long as it's kept pretty atomic
14:35 jcamins Oh, and lock the tables at the beginning of the transaction.
14:36 slef is that just a case of "lock tables old_reserves, reserves;" and then "unlock..." at the end?
14:37 slef I'm more used to BEGIN ... COMMIT ;-)
14:37 jcamins slef: I'm suggesting doing both.
14:37 * chris_n grumbles about there being no way to limit upload filesize before/during the upload
14:38 slef chris_n: can't the server just close the connection before the request body is sent if it doesn't like the look of the Content-Length?
14:38 jcamins slef: BEGIN TRANSACTION; LOCK TABLES old_reserves, reserves; ... UNLOCK TABLES; COMMIT;
14:39 slef oh mysql does BEGIN/COMMIT too now?
14:39 chris_n slef: this is not server-side
14:39 slef I ought to pay more attention to it.
14:39 chris_n the file is loaded into client memory using FileReader()
14:40 slef what's the client? browser?
14:41 jcamins Yup.
14:41 jcamins The reason I suggest adding the LOCK TABLES statement as well is because someone might have done something stupid like use MyISAM.
14:41 jcamins BEGIN TRANSACTION will still seem to work in that case, but it won't actually do anything.
14:43 chris_n ahh... File() is my friend here
14:49 jcamins sekjal: BTW, I don't think I've showed off the super-cool stuff I did over the weekend.
14:49 datadoctor joined #koha
14:49 jcamins And is a very cool timeline.
14:50 * jcamins looks for other people to show of his latest obsession to.
14:50 kf lol
14:53 wizzyrea oh hey that's really cool jcamins
14:53 * oleonard would sign off on bug 8019 if he could reproduce the problem
14:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8019 major, P2, ---, veron, Needs Signoff , Preserve language choice between Browser sessions
14:53 jcamins wizzyrea: isn't it?
14:53 jcamins :D
14:53 wizzyrea :D
14:53 jcamins All we need for the timeline is bug 7248 and 7249. :)
14:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7248 enhancement, P3, ---, chrish, Passed QA , Caching for services
14:53 jcamins Bug 7249
14:53 wahanui Bug 7249 is particularly cool.
14:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7249 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , Report webservices
14:54 wizzyrea sekjal++ thanks for the qa's
14:55 sekjal no problem, wizzyrea.  sorry for my slowdown lately; new job is picking up for the end of term
14:55 sekjal jcamins: nice work!
14:56 kf sekjal: report service and dom indexing - pretty please? :)
14:56 kf sekjal++ too :)
14:57 wizzyrea I have a few more UI things left
14:58 wizzyrea but I think my patches got mucked up so will have to wait until it's pushed to master to send I think
14:58 jcamins sekjal++
14:59 wizzyrea hm upon further inspection, perhaps not
14:59 sekjal kf: will look at those soon, yes
15:00 kf they are doors into a world full of awesomeness... ;)
15:03 jcamins They are.
15:04 jcamins As proven by my timline.
15:04 jcamins *timeline
15:07 chris_n anyone have a thought on what an excessively large csv size might be?
15:07 chris_n 1M perhaps?
15:07 jcamins chris_n: 3GB? :P
15:08 jcamins 1GB too.
15:08 chris_n lol
15:08 jcamins Also 512MB.
15:08 jcamins And 100MB.
15:08 jcamins And 98MB. Etc.
15:08 * chris_n thinks 512K might be large
15:08 wizzyrea that's a lot of plaintext.
15:08 chris_n 1500 quotes == 326K
15:09 slef making one auto_increment continuous over two tables is a complete pain in mysql. It looks like everything will result in mysql copying the table. Is it really so awful to have pre-reservenumber entries in old_reserves with a NULL?
15:09 slef or does anyone know how to do something like alter reserves add column reservenumber int(11) auto_increment = (select max(reservenumber) from old_reserves); without a syntax error?
15:11 wizzyrea well now I have to go to kohacon - to pick up my TARDIS:[…]e-to-own-a-tardis
15:11 jcamins slef: that's sekjal's call. I guess I'm not completely wed to the idea of a primary key, provided you can have a DISTINCT index which allows multiple NULLs.
15:12 jcamins *auto-incrementing primary key for old_reserves
15:25 kf wizzyrea: hope they work correctly, might be hard to get them home on a plane ( two-ton cast-iron structures ...
15:25 JesseM joined #koha
15:28 * jcamins learns about Kexi and Glom.
15:29 asaurat left #koha
15:37 slef kf: wizzyrea: yeah, they're not much like them.[…]urghCoffeeBox.jpg could be the one just behind Teviot
15:37 wizzyrea right they said they're sloped roof ones :)
15:37 slef oh dear oh dear oh dear
15:37 slef I wonder if I could copy all the old_reserves back through the reserves table
15:37 slef anyone horrified by that?
15:37 reiveune bye
15:37 reiveune left #koha
15:38 jcamins Bug 8028
15:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8028 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, henridamien, Needs Signoff , Make table collapsing on sticky
15:38 sekjal slef:  interesting...
15:39 sekjal unite the tables, add auto-increment, then split again... could work
15:43 jcamins chris_n: did you fix sorting in the QOTD table?
15:45 Oak joined #koha
15:45 chris_n jcamins: I was about to start that when I inadvertently attempted to upload a 3G file... needless to say, that suddenly took priority
15:45 chris_n I plan on fixing the tablesrot after lunch
15:45 Oak kia ora #koha
15:45 chris_n opps
15:45 Oak time to go home kf ?
15:46 kf Oak: can't
15:46 kf have to do some data testing
15:46 chris_n tablesort, although alot of it is rot
15:46 Oak :(
15:46 jcamins Yeah, understandable.
15:46 Oak how long?
15:46 kf 1 hour at elast I think
15:47 Oak okay, then back to work... hm
15:49 chris_n jcamins: your patch for 7977 does not apply cleanly; it conflicts in for some reason
15:49 chris_n any chance you can rebase from my repo and fix?
15:49 kf bug 7977
15:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7977 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Needs Signoff , Add a "Quote-of-the-day" feature to the OPAC homepage
15:49 chris_n a bug with bugs... imagine that ;-)
15:50 Oak where will it get quotes from?
15:50 jcamins chris_n: Lemme try.
15:50 Oak Linux 'fortune' program?
15:51 jcamins chris_n: remind me which branch to use?
15:51 chris_n jcamins: enhancement/bug_7977_csv
15:52 jcamins Thanks.
15:52 * chris_n has a bad habit of force-pushing; that may mess things up a bit, sorry
15:52 jcamins Oy.
15:53 jcamins How about I tell you what result I was going for?
15:53 jcamins chris_n: actually, my notes describe the entire results.
15:53 laurence left #koha
15:54 jcamins I wanted to add this span around the " ~ " on opac-main: <span id="daily-quote-sep">
15:54 chris_n good idea
15:54 jcamins I changed QOD to QOTD on tools-home.
15:55 * chris_n actually dislikes the way it displays currently, and was hoping that oleonard might lend it his touch after the bugs are worked out
15:55 jcamins And I added the text " (press Enter when you have finished editing to save the changes)" after "Click Source or Text field to edit."
15:55 jcamins And that's it.
15:55 chris_n jcamins: shall I just make the changes and squash it all in?
15:55 * chris_n does not want to rob jcamins of the credit :)
15:56 jcamins chris_n: yes please.
15:56 chris_n k
15:56 chris_n I've added sanity checks for both file type and size
16:01 melia joined #koha
16:15 chris_n lunch
16:29 kf bye till wednesday :)
16:29 kf holiday here tomorrow
16:32 wizzyrea lucky!
16:32 kf yep :)
16:32 kf left #koha
16:43 francharb hey
16:43 francharb can someone tell me why I don"t have holdings on the biblio detail page even if i _do_ have holdings for this f**** biblio
16:44 francharb ?
16:44 francharb i can"t see why....
16:44 francharb I know they are here!
16:45 jcamins francharb: updatedatabase didn't run.
16:46 francharb jcamins, really?
16:46 francharb but I'm sure I did it
16:46 francharb well, I'm going to run it again
16:46 jcamins francharb: try again. I had that happen before, and it was because updatedatabase didn't run, but I thought I had remembered.
16:47 francharb oki
16:47 francharb i'm trying
16:49 gaetan_B joined #koha
16:51 francharb snifff janPasi
16:51 francharb oups
16:51 francharb snifff jcamins
16:51 jcamins francharb: didn't work?
16:51 francharb still no items
16:51 jcamins Same problem in OPAC and Intranet?
16:51 francharb jcamins, i check thant
16:52 francharb ahah i'm cursed
16:52 francharb "software error" on the opac!
16:52 francharb \0/
16:52 francharb but it looks like an xslt pb
16:53 jcamins Well, this means you'll have in the logs an explanation.
16:53 jcamins :)
16:54 francharb thanks jcamins, i'm going to dig into my koha logs!
16:54 francharb ;)
16:54 jcamins Good luck.
16:54 francharb thanks
17:02 francharb hummm
17:03 francharb i think i just discovered something very weird
17:03 jcamins Uh-oh. That doesn't sound good.
17:03 alaquerre joined #koha
17:05 alaquerre Hi all, question about the zebra configuration.  In record.abs : melm 440        Title-series:w,Title-series:p,Title,Title-series.   What is the meaning of the ":w" and ":p" added after title-series ?  We have some noise in the results using  search that include index ( se:test )
17:05 jcamins :word and :phrase
17:05 jcamins Unfortunately :phrase doesn't do what you think it does, so just focus on :w.
17:06 alaquerre jcamins: The problem we have is that when we do : se:test, it will also search in feild that are not configured in title-series.
17:06 jcamins That is very odd.
17:07 alaquerre We search this : "du monde entier" and this string is only available in the 520 field.
17:08 jcamins You searched se:"du monde entier" and it brought up results?
17:08 jcamins Sounds like you've been editing your record.abs file.
17:08 alaquerre From what I understand, title-series use couple of field in 400 and some in 800.  Nothing in 500.
17:08 jcamins That is correct.
17:08 alaquerre No se:du monde entier
17:08 jcamins There's the problem.
17:08 alaquerre the search we are doing is : "se:du monde entier"
17:09 jcamins That's equivalent to se:du AND kw:monde AND kw:entier
17:09 jcamins Better to use the advanced search for the search you want to do.
17:09 cait joined #koha
17:10 francharb soooo
17:10 francharb jcamins, could you test something for me?
17:10 francharb it's a vey quick test
17:10 jcamins francharb: possibly. It depends what you need tested. ;)
17:11 alaquerre jcamins : why exactly ?  because, I dont write "se:du monde entier", I just enter du monde entier in the quick search (opac) and select collection.  (The "se" is added by itself)
17:11 francharb i would like you to test the unhighlght button on the intranet
17:11 jcamins alaquerre: oh, this is some custom javascript you guys have?
17:11 jcamins Sounds to me like it's not working right.
17:12 jcamins francharb: sure, I can do that.
17:12 alaquerre How can I do easily : se:du AND se:monde AND se:entier one shot ?  ( I just realize, I dont undestand how koha is working with index. )
17:12 jcamins alaquerre: if your javascript were working correctly, it would do that, if I understand what you're saying correctly.
17:12 francharb jcamins, you just need to run a search and click on the unhilight button
17:13 jcamins francharb: that seems to work fine.
17:13 francharb do you have 3.8 kohga?
17:13 jcamins Maybe I need to have XSLT on or off?
17:13 francharb off
17:13 jcamins I'm on latest master right now.
17:13 francharb so do i
17:13 alaquerre Thanks for the info jcamins, I see this on my side now.
17:13 francharb and the unhighligh button remove the word itself...
17:14 francharb but since, there is something wrong with my items
17:14 jcamins I just turned off XSLT. Let me try again.
17:14 francharb oki
17:14 jcamins Oh my!
17:14 jcamins Wow.
17:15 jcamins That's a pretty big bug.
17:15 jcamins Huge, even.
17:15 francharb ok
17:15 jcamins Same problem with MARC21 when XSLT is turned off.
17:15 francharb so, it's not my set up...
17:15 jcamins Nope.
17:46 Guillaume left #koha
17:48 * chris_n wonders if screaming is an option
17:48 jcamins chris_n: what about?
17:50 chris_n I occasionally get the urge while debugging code involving jQuery plugins
17:50 jcamins Ah.
17:50 jcamins Yeah, I can understand that.
17:51 cait chris_n: are kids near you?
17:51 cait chris_n: or easily frigthened animals?
17:51 cait if not... scraming might be an option
17:52 * chris_n is in his office... other offices are nearby... and the library is just across the hall
17:53 francharb I'm sure I'm about to find out why I can"t see any items on my installation!
17:53 francharb but like chris_n, I need to scream
17:54 francharb obviously, it's related to my biblio frameworks
17:54 francharb but well, i'm just guessing
17:54 francharb lets go digging  further!
17:54 francharb and scream later
17:54 francharb ;)
17:55 cait opachiddenitems maybe?
17:55 francharb nope
17:55 cait and what happens when you unhighlight?
17:55 cait do I want to know?
17:55 francharb cait, the word disappear
17:55 jwagner francharb, have you looked at your item data at the table level?  I've seen a lot of data imported in batches with incorrect branchcode values, like lower case instead of all caps.  Make sure your policy codes are correct for starters
17:55 cait oh
17:56 francharb jwagner, i'm going to check this, thanks
17:56 jwagner Only a possibility if you imported the bibs -- if you created them inside Koha, they should be correct
17:56 francharb but i just realised that my biblio_framework table did'nt match my frameworks
17:56 francharb I dropped everyrhtinh and insert good one
17:56 francharb now i can edit a marc xml
17:57 francharb a marc bibio
17:57 francharb and i can edit an item as well
17:57 francharb so i guess it's not on the table level
17:57 francharb but it's just a configuration pb
17:57 Callender joined #koha
17:57 jwagner that sounds like a probable culprit, then
17:58 francharb yep
17:58 francharb everybody cross their fingers!
17:58 francharb ;)
17:58 * jwagner crosses various appendages
17:58 francharb hehe
18:02 francharb pffff
18:02 francharb i create a new item
18:02 francharb but still
18:02 francharb nothing here
18:02 wahanui somebody said nothing here was built for this kinda weather
18:02 francharb hummm
18:02 cait francharb: perhaps you can check your logs?
18:02 cait it#s there in the items table, right?
18:02 cait the logs might give some hint why it#s not being displayed
18:03 francharb cait, the thing is that i don"t want to get lost...
18:03 francharb ;)
18:03 francharb but you"re right
18:03 cait lost?
18:03 wahanui it has been said that lost is the field in the database I think
18:04 francharb cait, to me logs are like a big forest where you don"t know where to look at
18:04 francharb ;)
18:04 cait ah
18:04 cait well you can show us :)
18:05 cait I think perhaps try and go where an item shoud display
18:05 cait and check the last few lines
18:05 cait if there is an entry for that page
18:06 francharb cait, i think, I found out
18:06 cait oh what is it?
18:06 wahanui or automatically added
18:06 cait forget it
18:06 wahanui cait: I forgot it
18:06 francharb there are fields missing in the item table
18:06 cait oh what is it?
18:06 cait oh wow
18:06 cait like columns missing?
18:07 francharb [Mon Apr 30 20:00:37 2012] [error] [client] [Mon Apr 30 20:00:37 2012] DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_hashref failed: fetch() without execute() at /home/francois/Workspace/k​oha-community/C4/ line 1216.
18:07 francharb [Mon Apr 30 20:00:37 2012] [error] [client] [Mon Apr 30 20:00:37 2012] DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'suspend' in 'field list' at /home/francois/Workspace/ko​ha-community/C4/ line 281.
18:07 francharb [Mon Apr 30 20:00:37 2012] [error] [client] [Mon Apr 30 20:00:37 2012] DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_hashref failed: fetch() without execute() at /home/francois/Workspace/ko​ha-community/C4/ line 284.
18:07 francharb [Mon Apr 30 20:01:37 2012] [error] [client] [Mon Apr 30 20:01:37 2012] DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'holding.opac_info' in 'field list' at /home/francois/Workspace/k​oha-community/C4/ line 1205.
18:07 jcamins Missing an updatedatabase.
18:07 francharb but jcamins
18:07 wahanui it has been said that jcamins is an outstanding cook, well-traveled and brilliant, trying to think of a solution, or the wizard that forges queries in the deep fires of zebra
18:07 francharb i did it like many times
18:08 jcamins francharb: yes, so one of the updatedatabase statements must have not ever been run for some reason.
18:08 cait yep
18:08 cait I think that too
18:08 cait it's a database problem
18:08 francharb anyway, i'm going to correcy this manually
18:08 cait francharb: do you know from where you did update?
18:08 cait from which version?
18:08 francharb humm
18:08 francharb good question
18:09 francharb I can't remember
18:09 cait hm
18:09 jcamins You missed
18:09 cait let's find out when suspend was added
18:09 alaquerre joined #koha
18:09 cait hm
18:09 alaquerre jcamins : are you still available ?
18:09 cait or 42?
18:09 cait jcamins: ?
18:10 cait both
18:10 cait francharb: it's weird - but it seems you are missing more than one
18:11 jcamins alaquerre: kind of.
18:11 francharb \0/
18:11 cait the suspend cololumn was added with 42 - and holding.opac_info with 33
18:11 cait so you are missing a lot :(
18:11 francharb cait, jcamins, i just changed the version to, ran the upadatedatabase
18:11 alaquerre So I looked at the problem of search I talked 1 hour ago.  Here's the deal : Doing a search using the quick search field is different than typing the search with the index.  Libeo told me that when we do specified the index name, the search is done using the CCL type.  While doing the search as a "regular" user wont.
18:11 francharb and i've got my items back
18:11 cait jcamins: do you think it could work to set the kohaversion to something before 33 and enforece another update?
18:12 cait ah
18:12 cait right :)
18:12 francharb cait, yep
18:12 cait was about to suggest that :)
18:12 francharb jcamins++
18:12 francharb cait++
18:12 francharb for the help and the support
18:12 francharb :)
18:12 cait francharb: perhaps check a bit before 33? to make sure you have other updates?
18:12 cait 32 added a new column to virtualshelves
18:12 alaquerre We currently end up with huge difference between "regular" seach and "superuser" search. ( Searching for exaclty the same string)
18:13 cait allow_add
18:13 francharb cait, do you think i can rerun the update?
18:13 jcamins alaquerre: yes, that's what I was referring to.
18:13 jcamins francharb: yes, that won't be a problem.
18:13 alaquerre You mean the split of the search using AND between word ?
18:14 francharb ok i'm going to do this so..
18:14 cait crossing fingers :)
18:15 francharb cait, so, i rerun the update
18:15 francharb i can log to koha
18:15 francharb but i think everything was already there
18:16 francharb at the end
18:16 francharb eveything is fine
18:16 cait :)
18:16 cait hope it's ok
18:16 alaquerre jcamins : for my understanding , why we dont always use the same  CCL type ?, I mean why would we like to have 2 kind of search where 1 return X result and the other one Y results ?... ( In my example, I have X=12, Y=183).
18:16 cait it's your test installation?
18:17 francharb cait, yep but for the moment I just an install to update my training presentation
18:17 jcamins alaquerre: we should always use an unambiguous syntax for searching, but no one has sponsored fixing it.
18:18 francharb next step will be to get the database strucure from a fresh install and compare it to mine
18:18 alaquerre jcamins : interesting :-)  What does that involve ? Is there a ticket I can read about it ?  Precise search result is for us a big priority.
18:19 cait jcamins is the man to about that :)
18:19 cait meaning he is a search expert
18:20 fcapovilla joined #koha
18:21 chris_n oleonard: this stinks...
18:22 cait ok, I better go and read something
18:22 chris_n especially this part:
18:24 jcamins alaquerre: it involves... a lot.
18:24 jcamins alaquerre: there is not a bug.
18:25 jcamins Basically the entirety of the search module has to be rewritten.
18:25 maximep wasn't it rewritten for the move to solr ?
18:25 jcamins No.
18:25 alaquerre jcamins : ok - What do you think about telling the buildQuery to be, by default CCL and not "empty" ?
18:25 alaquerre maximep: :-)
18:26 jcamins maximep: BibLibre did a bunch of work on solr, and some of that code may be better, but it has to be integrated, first.
18:26 jcamins alaquerre: I don't think that will solve the problem. In fact, I think that would make it worse.
18:27 alaquerre That's a little nightmare I understand :-)
18:27 jcamins The problem is that we don't have a good general-purpose query parser.
18:27 jcamins In fact, we don't have any query parser.
18:28 alaquerre I say this with a smile but library software priority should be good search results :-)
18:31 jcamins alaquerre: we are in complete agreement.
18:31 jcamins See my impassioned defenses of good search results on the mailing list and IRC channel. ;)
18:32 jcamins Unfortunately, it's very hard to convince libraries that they should spend money on "back-end stuff."
18:32 alaquerre Again, I understand it's not a easy one.  Should this be done when Koha will get in Solr ?
18:34 jcamins alaquerre: if you mean "is this something that will no longer be needed when solr is integrated?" the answer is no.
18:34 jcamins We still need to fix searching.
18:34 jcamins If you mean "should this work be done as part of the solr integration?" the answer is yes.
18:35 chris_n for all you datatables lovers:
18:35 jcamins It should be done during the integration process.
18:35 alaquerre jcamins : next question: any plan for that integration yet ? 3.10 ?
18:36 jcamins alaquerre: that's the hope.
18:37 alaquerre ok
18:37 jcamins alaquerre: however, it's dependent on BibLibre.
18:37 jcamins alaquerre: and that still probably won't fix the underlying search issues.
18:38 alaquerre Ok then, thanks for all the answers. I have a better undestanding of the situation,  I will see what I can do and if we can send you something back, as a patch, I will be happy to do so.
18:59 francharb ok!
18:59 francharb i'm leaving
18:59 francharb see yaaaaa
19:21 chris_n jcamins: enhancement/bug_7977_csv is now updated to fix table sorting in the editor and reflect the improvements you suggested to the UI
19:22 * chris_n is out of M&M's now... so productivity will probably drop off
19:23 jcamins Heh.
19:23 jcamins Awesome!
19:23 jcamins chris_n++
19:31 hdl1 joined #koha
19:35 Guillaume joined #koha
19:36 chris_n git bz is just about anything except intuitive
19:36 chris_n git bz?
19:36 wahanui rumour has it git bz is so much fun :) or[…]_bz_configuration
19:36 libsysguy joined #koha
19:36 chris_n wahanui: git bz is also just about anything except intuitive
19:36 wahanui okay, chris_n.
19:36 wizzyrea !
19:36 chris_n git bz?
19:36 wahanui rumour has it git bz is so much fun :) or[…]_bz_configuration or just about anything except intuitive
19:36 wizzyrea really?
19:36 wizzyrea what kind of problem are you having?
19:36 chris_n yes... trivia:
19:37 chris_n did you know that git bz "re-commits" commits behind the one you are currently applying?
19:37 chris_n which results in new md5 hashes for those commits?
19:37 chris_n rather than simply amending them
19:37 wizzyrea hm I did not. I don't use it that way often though
19:37 * chris_n can see some potential for messing things up there
19:42 rangi Morning
19:43 rangi Man get sick for 5 days and someone wants to turn koha into a nice juicy cracker target
19:44 cait_afk good morning rangi
19:44 cait_afk do i want to ask what a juicy cracker is?
19:44 rangi Juicy, cracker :)
19:44 cait_afk ok, I don't get that
19:45 cait_afk oh
19:45 cait_afk I do
19:45 wizzyrea glad you're feeling better.
19:46 rangi Yep no longer whimpering :)
19:47 * cait_afk is glad too
19:52 rangi @wunder nzwn
19:52 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 10.0°C (7:00 AM NZST on May 01, 2012). Conditions: Rain Showers. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Rising).
19:52 cait_afk @wunder Konstanz
19:52 huginn cait_afk: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 17.2°C (9:49 PM CEST on April 30, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 52%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Steady).
19:53 wizzyrea @wunder lawrence, sk
19:53 huginn wizzyrea: Error: No such location could be found.
19:53 wizzyrea @wunder lawrence, ks
19:53 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Channel 6 Downtown, Lawrence, Kansas is 17.5°C (2:52 PM CDT on April 30, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.00 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
19:53 wizzyrea lil bit chilly
19:54 * chris_n adds a 24 step testing procedure to the QOTD bug... hoping it won't scare people off
19:54 hdl joined #koha
19:54 chris_n hi hdl
19:54 chris_n hi rangi cait
19:54 chris_n and wizzyrea too
19:54 hdl hi
19:54 wahanui bonjour, hdl
19:54 cait_afk hi chris_n
19:54 cait_afk hi hdl
19:54 rangi Hi Chris_n and hdl
19:55 rangi Still sad I won't see hdl at kohacon
19:56 rangi eythian will have to hang out with u instead
19:56 hdl ?
19:57 rangi Paul said you wouldnt be there?
19:58 rangi But eythian is going to biblibre after so he can say hi for me
19:58 hdl yeah not going. robin will come too.
19:59 hdl didn't know eythian would come in Marseille.
20:00 rangi Robin = eythian ... You knew that eh?
20:00 hdl no. i thought it was someone else.
20:01 rangi Ahhh :)
20:01 rangi Nope that's him
20:01 rangi Going to Marseille, Brighton, konstanz and a few other places
20:01 cait_afk :)
20:02 kathryn joined #koha
20:02 cait_afk we are last in that row - so hoping he does not get lost on the way
20:02 cait_afk ;)
20:02 rangi Hi Kathryn, on my way in
20:02 cait_afk hi kathryn :)
20:03 rangi Hdl: anything you want me to bring over from nz for you?
20:04 kathryn Oh hey rangi, cheers
20:04 cait kathryn: do we have to start talking recipes again to make you talk? :)
20:04 kathryn and cait hello *cough slow cooker cough*
20:05 cait kathryn: hm don't have one.... fudge?
20:05 kathryn too dangerous
20:05 rangi Bacon bones, puha, watercress and doughboys
20:06 cait ?
20:06 kathryn : D
20:06 wizzyrea http://www.bakingmakesthingsbe[…]acon-savoury.html
20:06 wizzyrea ^ is relevant to my interests.
20:06 rangi Cait: post colonisation Maori dish
20:06 cait http://www.bakingmakesthingsbe[…]tastic-fudge.html
20:06 rangi Called a 'boil up'
20:07 rangi It's utterly fantastic
20:07 kathryn oh hello wizzyrea, Mnn I put all kinds of leftovers in those pies you can use rice as the base instead of pastry even!
20:07 rangi And works well in a slow cooker
20:09 kathryn ah rangi never though of that. I got scared of boil up when my flatmate made it in what looked like a 44 gallon drum, splattered it all over the kitchen then went to a tangi for a week!
20:09 rangi Cait/wizzyrea : u might have tried it on the marae trip on kohacon
20:10 rangi Kathryn: yeah much more manageable in a slow cooker :)
20:10 cait rangi: I think watercress was there
20:11 cait don't rmember all the other parts :)
20:11 rangi :)
20:11 rangi I remember it was good food but not specifics
20:12 cait yep exactly :)
20:12 cait there was some kind of shrimp salad with coocnut
20:12 * rangi spent every weekend of his first 5 years on a marae
20:12 cait and some kind of bird?
20:13 rangi That's where I ate my first solid food
20:13 rangi Pork bones and puha from nanny ADA
20:13 rangi Hmm auto capital fail
20:14 rangi I'll show u a photo when I get to work
20:14 kathryn wow that's some first mouthful
20:14 rangi She was 92
20:14 kathryn that's awesome
20:14 rangi And had a kumara patch in her front yard
20:14 maximep hey, i'm trying to make a page work without warnings. It uses format_date_in_iso and that function gives me crazy warnings
20:14 maximep (during init) @$self->{'dmy_arrayref'}: 0 0 0 30 3 112 -1 -1 1
20:15 rangi Broke the water mains digging them up
20:15 kathryn bah haha
20:16 rangi Ok my stop bbiab
20:16 cait maximep: on which page ar eyou?
20:16 maximep anyone knows why ? my argument is '2011-07-07'
20:16 maximep custom page
20:16 cait is using the date plugin an option?
20:16 maximep finally having some time to fix bugs in bug 6934 to resubmit it
20:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6934 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, pelletiermaxime, Failed QA , New report Cash Register Statistics
20:16 cait I mean do you want to display the date or need it for something else?
20:17 cait I think there have been some new date functions introduced... you might want to check what's in the koha namespace now
20:17 maximep i need to reformat it to display
20:17 cait ah, perhaps really the date plugin then
20:17 maximep hmmm those are probably in 3.8, no ?
20:17 maximep using 3.6
20:18 cait[…]#Displaying_dates
20:18 cait hm
20:18 cait if you want to resubmit
20:18 cait you should develop against master
20:18 cait or it will give you trouble
20:18 cait like not using the new coding guidelines
20:19 cait and you will love the date plugin because it makes displaying dates fun :)
20:21 maximep looks cool
20:24 maximep those new coding guidelines are great!
20:25 cait not all of it is new, but think it's good to have something written
20:26 maximep a year ago there was nothing... it didn't even have tabs vs spaces
20:28 cait I think it was probably only well hidden
20:37 rangi back
20:39 cait wb
20:43 rangi[…]p?g2_itemId=10800
20:44 cait :)
21:00 wizzyrea oh my look at you!
21:01 rangi hehe
21:02 cait wizzyrea: cute, eh?
21:02 wizzyrea extremely.
21:02 rangi[…]p?g2_itemId=10809
21:02 wizzyrea awwwww
21:02 wizzyrea about 1?
21:06 rangi may 73 i was born, so yep 1 and a half
21:07 rangi[…]03o&feature=g-upl
21:09 wizzyrea lol he is adorable
21:27 libsysguy left #koha
21:33 kathryn beautiful photos - fixated on nanny!
21:34 Space_Librarian joined #koha
21:37 Space_Librarian o/
21:37 rangi hi Space_Librarian
21:38 wizzyrea hey Space_Librarian
21:38 wahanui Space_Librarian is a Koha poet or the sweetest lil lady you'll ever know
21:38 Space_Librarian hey rangi, wizzyrea :)
21:38 * Space_Librarian hands out some Edinburgh rock (my breakfast)
21:39 cait :)
21:46 mtate joined #koha
21:58 trea joined #koha
22:01 chris_n jcamins_away: the add a single quote feature is busted... I'll fix it later
22:04 maximep left #koha
22:24 jenkins_koha Starting build #1 for job Koha 3.8.x
22:25 Space_Librarian fingers crossed
22:26 jenkins_koha Project Koha 3.8.x build #1: FAILURE in 6 min 4 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha%203.8.x/1/
22:27 eythian Space_Librarian jinxed it
22:27 Space_Librarian d'oh
22:28 eythian @later tell kf yeah, they're based on the tag, which is apparently a bit wrong.
22:28 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
22:28 * Space_Librarian leaves to find chocolate and not jinx anything
22:29 rangi heh, i havent finished configuring it, its unsuprising it failed
22:29 * cait waves
22:29 rangi !jenkins build koha_3.8.x now
22:29 jenkins_koha rangi: syntax is: 'build <job> [now|<delay>[s|m|h]] [<parameterkey>=<value>]*'
22:30 cait eythian: only thought I would let you know :)
22:30 rangi !jenkins build koha 3.8.x now
22:30 jenkins_koha rangi: syntax is: 'build <job> [now|<delay>[s|m|h]] [<parameterkey>=<value>]*'
22:30 rangi !jenkins build Koha_3.8.x now
22:30 jenkins_koha rangi: syntax is: 'build <job> [now|<delay>[s|m|h]] [<parameterkey>=<value>]*'
22:30 rangi gah
22:30 jenkins_koha Starting build #2 for job Koha 3.8.x (previous build: FAILURE)
22:31 Guillaume left #koha
22:32 jenkins_koha Project Koha 3.8.x build #2: STILL FAILING in 1 min 24 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha%203.8.x/2/
22:36 Space_Librarian so it wasn't me? whew!
22:40 jenkins_koha Starting build #3 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: STILL FAILING)
22:41 cait Space_Librarian: hmmm... :)
22:44 Space_Librarian what? ;)
22:47 cait !jenkins botsnack cookies
22:47 jenkins_koha cait: thanks a lot! om nom nom. how did you know that cookies is my favorite food?
22:47 cait perhaps that will help :)
23:07 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #3: STILL FAILING in 27 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]job/Koha_3.8.x/3/
23:12 jenkins_koha Starting build #4 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: STILL FAILING)
23:14 papa joined #koha
23:19 JesseM joined #koha
23:21 jcamins_away cait: go to sleep!
23:21 cait can't - I am reading :)
23:22 jcamins_away cait: Eragon?
23:22 cait yep
23:22 cait 814
23:24 jcamins_away Out of?
23:25 jcamins_away And Myshkin asks if there are any cats.
23:28 cait oh lots of cats
23:28 cait werecats
23:28 cait and army of cats fighting with elves and dwarves and normal cats too
23:28 cait not sure ... but ther emight be some hypoallergenic cats too ;
23:28 cait )
23:29 cait and 947
23:29 jcamins_away Heh. Not far.
23:29 jcamins_away And Myshkin approves of the cats.
23:30 cait heh :)
23:46 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
23:46 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #4: FIXED in 34 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]job/Koha_3.8.x/4/
23:47 Space_Librarian huzzah
23:47 rangi :)
23:47 cait :)
23:48 jcamins_away Yay!
23:55 JesseM left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary