IRC log for #koha, 2012-04-19

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 jcamins YoungPublicLibrarian: you'd have to ask ByWater, but if I had to guess, I'd say probably your serial subscriptions haven't been imported yet.
00:00 rangi oh?
00:00 YoungPublicLibrarian Okay. Thanks Jcamins!
00:03 jcamins rangi: yeah... does the auth_finder plugin *have* to use Zebra?
00:03 jcamins I mean, right now it does, because it does searches, but could one, in principle, pass it an authid directly?
00:03 jcamins I'm having some trouble following the blinddetail-biblio-search code to figure out what it does to get the heading inserted into the biblio record.
00:03 rangi hmm i really doubt i wrote that
00:03 jcamins Also, I can't figure out the difference between blinddetail-biblio-search and detail-biblio-search.
00:03 jcamins rangi: aww, git blame accuses you of writing the templates, at least.
00:03 rangi i dont even know what those are
00:03 rangi no
00:03 rangi i just converted them to template toolkit
00:03 eythian doing the template conversions
00:04 jcamins Oh.
00:04 rangi cjh and I did :)
00:04 jcamins That's unfortunate.
00:04 jcamins Right you are.
00:04 rangi you;d have to go back to the .tmpl version
00:04 rangi to find out who did it
00:04 jcamins doxulting?
00:04 rangi search stuff, ive never touched
00:04 eythian @later tell cait sure, just grab me some time when I'm online.
00:04 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
00:04 rangi in any real way
00:04 jcamins and toins.
00:04 jcamins Two names I've never seen before.
00:05 rangi toins was a student who worked at biblibre
00:05 eythian @later tell cait or email me.
00:05 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
00:05 rangi thats cvs days
00:05 jcamins Yeah, auth_finder has an old feel to it.
00:09 Irma joined #koha
00:29 ElBrooke joined #koha
00:29 ElBrooke hola!
00:32 ElBrooke magnus++
01:20 ago43 joined #koha
01:24 rangi ohh thats a good idea
01:24 rangi the pacific island koha users group thingy
02:10 jcamins Any idea how to find out how many lines have been changed by a certain set of commits, total?
02:11 rangi yup
02:11 jcamins Yay! How do I do that?
02:11 rangi diffstat
02:11 rangi like this
02:11 * rangi has to find the foo
02:12 jcamins Oh, cool!
02:12 jcamins Add --stat.
02:12 rangi yeah
02:14 rangi --summary
02:15 rangi actually numstat is what i use
02:16 rangi check this out
02:16 rangi git diff --numstat v3.06.00..HEAD
02:16 jcamins Nice!
02:17 rangi then you can use cut
02:17 rangi or awk
02:17 rangi to sum columns
02:18 jcamins Yup. I added more than 5700 lines.
02:20 rangi git diff --numstat v3.06.00..HEAD | cut -f1 |  awk '{s+=$1}END{print s}'
02:20 * rangi gets carried away
02:20 jcamins Yes you do. :P
02:22 rangi heh
02:40 druthb joined #koha
02:41 druthb o/
02:50 rangi heya druthb
02:50 druthb hi, rangi! :)
03:28 jcamins How many countries does Koha have developers from?
03:29 jcamins rangi: your blog is down.
03:29 jcamins rangi: no it isn't.
03:29 rangi heh
03:29 rangi hmm i dunno even know, lots
03:30 rangi @later tell slef
03:30 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
03:31 jcamins Hmmm... at least... NZ, France, UK, AU, US, Mexico, Croatia, Germany, Spain, Italy, India, Norway, Poland, Hungary...
03:31 rangi yup
03:31 jcamins Okay, "more than a dozen" is accurate. :)
03:31 rangi Ukraine
03:31 jcamins Oh, yeah, there was someone from Russia, too.
03:32 rangi switzerland
03:32 rangi canada
03:32 jcamins Netherlands.
03:33 rangi hmm i think argentina too
03:33 jcamins Belgium.
03:34 rangi yep
03:34 rangi and portugal too?
03:35 jcamins Yeah, there was someone for Portugal. :)
03:35 jcamins *from
04:16 Oak joined #koha
04:18 Oak kia ora #koha
04:18 druthb hi, Oak!
04:20 Oak hello druthb :)
04:23 jcamins Good night, #koha.
04:35 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
04:35 Amit_Gupta heya bag
04:35 druthb Hi, Amit. :)  bag's probably sound asleep; he's traveling this week.
04:48 Judit1 joined #koha
05:03 Amit_Gupta heya druthb
05:03 druthb :)
05:05 cait joined #koha
05:07 cait hi #koha
05:07 druthb hi, cait! :)
05:07 cait hi druthb
05:09 Oak Guten Morgen cait
05:10 cait hi Oak
05:15 dgl-library joined #koha
05:15 dgl-library Hi #koha!
05:16 dgl-library I have a question about custom call-number schemes…
05:18 dgl-library Is there anyone around at the moment who might be able to help me with that?
05:45 dgl-library I guess either nobody knows about custom call-number schemes or everybody's asleep or away at the moment………
05:51 druthb left #koha
06:13 francharb joined #koha
06:13 francharb hello all
06:16 alex_a hello
06:16 wahanui que tal, alex_a
06:20 cait hi francharb and alex_a :)
06:20 francharb 0/ cait
06:20 laurence joined #koha
06:22 stuartyeates joined #koha
06:22 alex_a hello cait
06:24 marcelr joined #koha
06:24 magnuse kia ora #koha!
06:24 marcelr hi koha
06:24 marcelr hi magnuse
06:24 magnuse hiya marcelr
06:28 cait hi marcelr and magnuse :)
06:28 cait marcelr: will you be in edinburgh? :)
06:28 marcelr hi cait
06:28 marcelr cait: yes
06:28 magnuse guten morgen cait
06:30 cait marcelr: great :)
06:30 marcelr :)
06:33 magnuse aaawww...
06:36 vinod joined #koha
06:36 reiveune joined #koha
06:36 reiveune hello
06:36 vinod hello koha users
06:38 vinod how can i resolve search limit items availability on opac bcz it does not working in 3.6
06:48 cait left #koha
06:48 dgl-library Hi, does anybody know which Marc field we should use for our local barcode number?
06:49 dgl-library Or does it not go in the Marc record at all, and only in the item?
06:50 magnuse yeah, barcodes go in the items
06:50 vinod 952$p
06:55 dgl-library thanks
07:00 julian_m joined #koha
07:00 julian_m hello
07:07 asaurat joined #koha
07:08 esofiane joined #koha
07:10 esofiane Hello #koha :)
07:11 asaurat hi!
07:13 hdl joined #koha
07:13 hdl1 joined #koha
07:15 kf joined #koha
07:15 kf good morning #koha
07:16 marcelr kf: is there a list of papers for kohacon too? i saw the hackfest papers on the wiki
07:18 samuel joined #koha
07:18 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:18 samuel hi everybody!
07:19 gaetan_B good morning !
07:19 hdl1 hi
07:33 paul_p joined #koha
07:34 jenkins_koha Starting build #715 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
07:38 kf marcelr: I think slef will post one soon
07:38 marcelr ok
07:38 kf it's one of his action items from the meeting yesterday and not sure I have all of them
07:38 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7962 - Cart missing from result lists <[…]71032a7ef7a168730> / Bug 7354: Can't edit local use system preferences <[…]cb37c1a9fccdeeba7> / Bug 7528 - amount subtracting 1 cent <[…]h=51b21b1b57e5861
07:38 kf morning paul_p
07:38 paul_p 'morning kf
07:41 magnuse kia ora paul_p
07:43 paul_p kia ora magnuse. Magnus = did you have a look at sandbox 1 that is setup with bug 7979 (, login test / test) ?
07:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7979 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, ASSIGNED , New design for staff interface
07:45 magnuse paul_p: i did, but it did not look like that when i checked
07:45 magnuse now it looks very cool, though!
07:45 paul_p magnuse => shift-F5 ;-)
07:46 slef bleagh. hi all?
07:46 magnuse hi slef
07:46 kf hi slef
07:46 slef wahanui: hi all?
07:46 wahanui yeah, yeah, hello, hello. Now fix some bugs for me, please.
07:49 kf slef: should abstracts go on the wiki page too?
07:50 slef kf: Ultimately they should go on the main website. Up to you whether you put them on wiki page too or for now.
07:51 magnuse paul_p: will that work on 7979 make it into 3.8? seems a pity to have to wait another 6 months for it...
07:51 paul_p magnuse = agreed ;-) Yes, I WANT that in 3.8 !
07:51 paul_p (and Gaetan/Adrien worked *very* hard to make it for today !)
07:52 kf gaetan_B++ and asaurat++
07:52 kf hope they do some final tweaking tho :)
07:52 kf there has been a lot of positive feedback
07:52 kf and some minor things
07:52 magnuse yeah, gaetan_B++ and asaurat++
07:52 paul_p today, adrien will submit a new patch, with green a little bit darker & gaetan_B will write a wiki page to explain how that can be tweaked
07:52 kf paul_p: cool :)
07:52 paul_p (with intranetusercss syspref)
07:53 kf paul_p: are you working on the blockers?
07:53 paul_p (and he will also fix a </a> that should not be there = look at the code, in FF, you'll see a red </a> in circulation button)
07:53 kf paul_p: not a lot of time left and I think we still need to do some serious testing :(
07:53 paul_p kf yep, in a few minuts, once i'm done with this discussion
07:55 slef paul_p: code is frozen over the weekend?
07:56 paul_p slef yep (my wife is 40 this week-end, so I won't push anything). And i'm supposed to be in holiday next week, so i'll release on monday, but don't plan to push anything more
07:56 slef huginn: did bug 1577 make it? It's very small but useful for non-English
07:56 huginn slef: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
07:56 slef huginn: bug 1577
07:56 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1577 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , installer and language
07:57 slef guess not :(
07:57 slef any blockers left to attack?
07:57 * slef asks bugs
07:58 slef hrm
07:58 kf slef: lots of bugs left I fear
07:58 slef I thought there was a quick link in the footer, but there aren't any
07:58 marcelr slef, kf: submitted some ideas for papers (in absence of a list ;) just let me know what you think
07:59 * slef uses the reports system to get one
07:59 slef 4 blockers
07:59 slef bug 7975
07:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7975 blocker, P1 - high, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , can't use patron import
07:59 kf needs a revert
07:59 slef bug 6931
07:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6931 blocker, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , hardcoded insert incompatible with UNIMARC
07:59 slef bug 7742
07:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7742 blocker, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , can't run overdue with fines report
07:59 slef bug 6875
07:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6875 blocker, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , de-nesting C4 packages
08:00 kf 6931 was filed as blocker, but never solved
08:00 kf it's old
08:00 slef kf: 7975 needs a revert?
08:00 kf yeah
08:00 kf someone removed a function that patron import needs
08:01 kf rangi did a git bisect and found it - the commit needs to be reverted and it shoudl work again then
08:01 * slef reads the BTS
08:01 slef actually, I'll look at that in 10
08:01 slef seems like a simple patch to do
08:02 kf hm there is also
08:02 kf bug 1807
08:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1807 blocker, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, chris, Failed QA , ':' character blocks search ; search () give odd results
08:02 esofiane joined #koha
08:02 kf and I think we should fix 7855
08:02 kf bug 7855
08:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7855 major, P5 - low, ---, juan.sieira, Failed QA , Bug 7263 does not include maxlength field sets into a fresh install
08:03 kf paul_p: I woudl ask you to push the not so nice fix and promise to work on marc21 templates for the next release
08:03 kf paul_p: there are other bugs that will require some work on all frameworks, this could be tackled all together
08:04 kf paul_p: it will take lots of time to redo all templates in all languages - this is a fix that will not stop us from getting inconsistent
08:04 * magnuse added maxlength to the normarc frameworks
08:04 kf magnuse: and your patch got pushed?
08:04 magnuse kf: yup
08:05 magnuse kf: "will not stop us" or "will stop us"?
08:05 kf will stop us
08:05 magnuse and did you mean templates? or framework sql files?
08:06 kf framework sql files
08:06 magnuse :-)
08:06 mveron joined #koha
08:06 kf hi mveron
08:06 mveron hi kf
08:13 asaurat1 joined #koha
08:19 reiveune1 joined #koha
08:24 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #715: UNSTABLE in 50 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/715/
08:24 jenkins_koha * ian.walls: Bug 7016 Followup: Add new GetItemnumberForBiblio subroutine
08:24 jenkins_koha * gmc: bug 7016 further followup: clarify return of GetItemnumbersForBiblio
08:24 jenkins_koha * koha.sekjal: Bug 5374 [SIGNED-OFF] Followup: adds conditional check to unit test for late orders
08:24 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 5347: Followup: FIX 2 bugs in lateorders
08:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7016 blocker, P1 - high, ---, koha.sekjal, Pushed to Master , CanBookBeReserved uses GetItemsInfo unnecessarily
08:24 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7958 - Batch Item Delete Fails
08:24 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7927 - library not showing on subscription full history anymore
08:24 jenkins_koha * veron: Bug 7528 - amount subtracting 1 cent
08:24 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7354: Can't edit local use system preferences
08:24 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7962 - Cart missing from result lists
08:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5374 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---,, RESOLVED FIXED, Update date/time last transaction (MARC 005) when saving biblio record
08:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347 enhancement, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , late order management
08:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7958 critical, P1 - high, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Batch Item Delete Fails
08:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7927 critical, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , library not showing on subscription full history anymore
08:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7528 critical, P5 - low, ---, henridamien, Pushed to Master , amount subtracting 1 cent
08:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7354 critical, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Can't edit local use system preferences
08:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7962 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Cart missing from result lists
08:26 pa01 joined #koha
08:32 magnuse what made jenkins unhappy now?
08:35 magnuse "Table 'koha.ratings' doesn't exist"?
08:37 kf mveron: perhaps you want to change your git setting a bit - so it shows your full name on commits?
08:37 kf magnuse: perhaps he needs a database update?
08:37 magnuse or it's this: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Build/testReport/
08:38 mveron kf: Ok, need advise...
08:38 kf[…]l_some_parameters :)
08:38 kf I think it's the setting for
08:39 dgl-library Hi everyone, which MARC field is used for paperback/hardcover/pamphlet etc? Would that be 007 PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION FIXED FIELD--GENERAL INFORMATION?
08:39 rangi It's likely a db update needed
08:39 rangi I'll do it when I get home
08:41 mveron kf: Thanks, done. Hope it takes the é in my last name.
08:41 kf :)
08:41 mveron I found a strange behaviour with rental charges
08:41 mveron The very first time I checkout an item (with rental charge on item type) to a patron, the charge is not applied
08:41 mveron The second and third items are charged as appropriate
08:41 mveron So I have 3 checkouts but 2 charges only.
08:41 mveron Can anybody confirm? Known Bug?
08:42 kf not a known but
08:42 kf but sure sounds like a bug
08:42 kf perhaps open a bug report?
08:42 kf and make it a high priority
08:42 kf I thik people will not like that ot be broken at all
08:43 mveron kf: OK, will do
08:44 drojf joined #koha
08:44 drojf hi #koha
08:45 kf hi drojf
08:46 drojf hi kf :)
08:48 slef dgl-library: I think it's 300
08:48 slef @marc 300
08:48 huginn slef: A physical description of the described item, including its extent, dimensions, and such other physical details as a description of any accompanying materials and unit type and size. (Repeatable) [a,b,c,e,f,g,3,6,8]
08:48 slef @marc 300 a
08:48 huginn slef: Extent The number of pages, volumes, cassettes, total playing time, etc., of the described item. (Repeatable)
08:48 slef @marc 300 b
08:48 huginn slef: Other physical details Physical characteristics such as illustrative matter, coloration, playing speed, groove characteristics, presence and kind of sound, number of channels, and motion picture presentation format.
08:48 slef bah
08:48 slef it's there somewhere
08:48 slef marc21?
08:48 wahanui somebody said marc21 was at[…]hic/ecbdlist.html ,
08:49 kf slef: what are you looking for
08:49 kf ?
08:49 kf @marc 084
08:49 huginn kf: A classification number from a scheme not covered by one of the other number fields. The field should not be used for classification numbers assigned from a source for which a subfield $2 source of number code would not be assigned. (Repeatable) [a,b,2,6,8]
08:49 slef mveron: what version? I'd not noticed that in recent 3.7
08:49 slef kf: <dgl-library> Hi everyone, which MARC field is used for paperback/hardcover/pamphlet etc?
08:50 mveron slef:HEAD is now at 012c6df Bug 7902 - Adding Function to Check for Existence of Tables
08:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7902 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Pushed to Master , Adding Function to Check for Existence of Tables
08:50 kf ah :)
08:51 mveron slef:Version
08:52 mveron slef: Is there already a bug report about the rental charges thing?
08:54 reiveune joined #koha
08:55 slef mveron: I don't know. I will retest in a bit.
08:56 mveron slef: OK, I wait with a bug report and test here somewhat more as well.
08:56 dgl-library joined #koha
08:57 vinod when multi copy of a book is checked out opac display no items available instead of number of available and checked out version 3.6
08:57 vinod but after runing the zebra it gives right information i.e total checked out and available
08:58 vinod it it necessary to run zebra all time bcz it will take much time if the record is much
08:59 slef vinod: you mean the
09:00 slef vinod: that needs to be run frequently with the -z flag to move updates from Koha to zebra.
09:08 dgl-library joined #koha
09:11 slef dgl-library: did you see the reply?
09:11 slef if not, see
09:11 slef log?
09:11 wahanui log is at
09:12 laurence joined #koha
09:16 dgl-library slef: trying to find it
09:18 rangi BD::mysql::db do failed: Can't create table 'koha.ratings' (errno: 150) at ./installer/data/mysql/ line 5173.
09:19 rangi foreign key constraint failing
09:19 rangi that will need to be fixed before release
09:20 mtj hmm, i'll take a look at that now.. .
09:20 * mtj waves to the herd
09:21 * magnuse waves to mtj
09:21 dgl-library slef: not sure what the answer was… marc 300 or marc 084?
09:21 dgl-library (and it would appear that huginn is a bot, right?)
09:22 magnuse dgl-library: yes, huginn is a bot
09:23 magnuse "Item floats" - that means it's currently on the shelf in another library than the one that owns it, right?
09:24 rangi mtj: it might be the test db that is making it fail
09:25 mtj hmm, can you explain that more?
09:26 dgl-library so the question was… which marc field I should use for "paperback" or "hardcover" etc.
09:26 dgl-library and whether the same field should be used for "pamphlet" etc
09:27 dgl-library if anyone knows
09:27 rangi mtj: there might be some data in the test db causing it to fail, so you might want to check you can recreate the error first
09:27 magnuse dgl-library: you could use item types
09:27 rangi and i have found the issue that is making jenkins unhappy
09:27 mtj yeah, ive spotted it to :)
09:28 mtj $DBversion = "3.07.00.XXX"; ?
09:30 mtj[…]fbc436e3cb557e021
09:30 rangi bug 5347
09:30 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347 enhancement, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , late order management
09:30 rangi that test on there is failing
09:31 rangi -                             gst
09:31 rangi +                             gstrate
09:32 rangi thats the change in the test, but the column is acutally gst
09:32 rangi patch on its way
09:32 dgl-library magnuse: so that's in the item and not the marc record?
09:32 mtj ah, nice one chris
09:32 rangi not ok 21 - This order has a gstrate field
09:32 rangi #   Failed test 'This order has a gstrate field'
09:32 rangi #   at t/db_dependent/Acquisition.t line 82.
09:32 magnuse dgl-library: yes
09:33 mtj paul_p: about?
09:33 dgl-library magnuse: I see. Thanks.
09:33 paul_p hi mtj
09:33 vinod what is -z flag and how to run it is it same as zebra
09:34 mtj paul_p: any idea on how to fix this line here...
09:35 rangi paul_p: bug 5347 has a patch to fix the failing test
09:35 mtj[…]2ff7db35ede#l4934
09:35 magnuse rangi++
09:35 paul_p rangi I was about to look at this problem, rangi++
09:35 mtj DBversion = "3.07.00.XXX"  needs to be replaced with a version number
09:37 mtj paul, w could give the 'rating' update the version of ? (current number is )
09:37 paul_p mtj = I don't understand what you're talking about. in my master, i don't see any XXX.
09:37 mtj s/w/we/
09:37 paul_p mtj = the rating IS 048 already
09:37 * paul_p tries to understand...
09:38 rangi mtj: nope its not that
09:38 paul_p mtj[…]6cc50ea5d;hb=HEAD
09:38 mtj hmm 1 tic, i check again.. :/
09:39 rangi its .048 in master
09:39 vinod what is -z flag and how to run it is it same as zebra please help
09:39 rangi but when i ran updatedatabase on the jenkins server
09:39 rangi i got a 150 error, which is mysql complaining about foreign keys
09:40 vinod is it any short cut which updates the index in a minimum time rather than runing zebra as a whole which takes much time
09:40 mtj hmm  line 4934
09:40 rangi ERROR 1005 (HY000): Can't create table 'koha.ratings' (errno: 150)
09:41 magnuse mtj: could you be looking at the wrong version of`
09:41 magnuse ?
09:41 mtj[…]2ff7db35ede#l4934
09:41 rangi yeah cos in master its line 5170
09:41 mtj i might ned a slap here... but it looks wrong to me?!
09:41 rangi wrong commit
09:43 rangi[…]191c193e92d9755a9
09:43 magnuse mtj:[…]
09:43 rangi its always best to check out master and look at it
09:43 rangi gitweb is cool and all, but yuo can be looking at the totally wrong thing
09:43 rangi by accident
09:43 rangi i can confirm the error is not aht it doesnt run
09:44 rangi but that 1 of the foreign key constraints is failing
09:44 rangi either borrowers or biblio
09:44 rangi ill now try to find out which
09:44 vinod how to remove Limit to currently available items from opac bcz it is not working
09:45 mtj oups  sorry  - i've got the flu, so more stupid than usual , etc
09:45 vinod please tell me how to remove Limit to currently available items from opac bcz it is not working and gives no result in version 3.6 what to do???
09:47 rangi mtj: both in fact, but now to figure out why
09:47 mtj vinod: try editing the opac template file? to remove the check-box?
09:48 rangi does someone have a db they can test this on please?
09:48 dgl-library magnuse: so you mean item field Y, Koha Item Type? seems like this is something more often found in MARC records, though, isn't it?
09:48 marcelr mtj: is there a problem with koha.ratings in kohastructure.sql?
09:49 rangi CREATE TABLE ratings (   borrowernumber int(11) NOT NULL,   biblionumber int(11) NOT NULL,   rating_value tinyint(1) NOT NULL,   timestamp timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,   PRIMARY KEY  (borrowernumber,biblionumber),   CONSTRAINT ratings_ibfk_1 FOREIGN KEY (borrowernumber) REFERENCES borrowers (borrowernumber) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE,   CONSTRAINT ratings_ibfk_2 FOREIGN KEY (biblionumber) REFERENCES biblio (biblionumber) ON DEL
09:49 marcelr what about timestamp timestamp ??
09:49 marcelr reserved word?
09:49 magnuse dgl-library: different systems handle it differently, i think
09:49 rangi yeah, doesnt seem to care tho
09:49 marcelr without backtics
09:49 rangi ie if i take out the constraints its fine
09:49 rangi makes the table
09:49 marcelr ok
09:50 rangi its failing on the foreign keys
09:50 rangi but im not sure why
09:52 marcelr insert into ratings (borrowernumber,biblionumber,rating_value) values (1,100,1); works for me in master
09:53 slef rangi: up for reviewing another paper?
09:53 marcelr slef: did you get my idea?
09:54 rangi marcelr: its the table create failing for me, that sql i pasted above
09:54 slef marcelr: yes
09:55 rangi slef: yep
09:55 marcelr i ran the update and the table exists
09:55 marcelr with two constraints
09:55 rangi yep, but on jenkins it fails
09:55 marcelr ok
09:55 rangi so under some conditions
09:55 rangi it fails
09:56 marcelr test data?
09:56 rangi i have 51 borrowers and 21 borrowes
09:56 marcelr invalid biblio or something?
09:56 rangi shouldnt be possible
09:56 rangi its primary key
09:56 paul_p rangi = when does it fail ? when you load kohastructure ?
09:57 mtj it worked for me too ?!
09:57 * paul_p don't understand what's going wrong
09:57 pastebot "mtj" at pasted "moof" (18 lines) at
09:57 rangi when i run
09:57 rangi or when i paste that sql in
09:57 dgl-library magnuse: thanks. what about keywords? I've been looking in the koha manual but I don't quite understand. if I have a book and I want to add many descriptive keywords, so that people can find the book via those keywords, where do I add those?
09:57 rangi with error 150
09:58 mtj create a 'ratings' table successfully with 2 fkeys
09:58 rangi all borrowernumbers are unique, all biblionumbers are unique
09:58 rangi and you have some borrowers and some biblio?
09:58 paul_p rangi = have you checked biblionumber & borrowernumbers are INT(11) ?
09:59 paul_p because the constraint can fail just because the fields don't have the same type exactly
09:59 paul_p (and iirc, the error message is poor)
09:59 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_5347' <[…]9475f1eadc7a2c15b> / Bug 5347 Follow up, fix for broken test <[…]03d37efbc1bcb873d> / Bug 7726: explanation and options that were in the wrong order <[…]?p=koha.git;a=com
09:59 rangi yep, both int(11)
09:59 magnuse dgl-library: that would be the 6xx fields in the bibliographic record - you can add as many as you want
09:59 mveron slef: update to the rental charge glitch: If I change item-level_itypes to biblio record it behaves as expected.
10:00 kf mveron: uh
10:00 kf mveron: not good
10:00 slef updated[…]ohaCon12_Schedule
10:00 slef stole kf's work :)
10:01 kf tss :)
10:01 kf perhaps you soudl change the table heading then :)
10:02 slef ho ho
10:02 * slef bugfixes that
10:03 kf slef: do you have a better term for 'group reports' ?
10:04 kf slef: chris h/mix  ?
10:04 dgl-library @marc 000
10:04 huginn dgl-library: unknown tag 000
10:04 kf slef: your list cuts of some titles I fear
10:04 rangi mixed audience im guessing
10:04 jenkins_koha Starting build #716 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #714 5 days 18 hr ago)
10:05 dgl-library Does anyone know what to add for Marc 000 in records we create ourselves?
10:05 slef kf: for sure. Some people wrote essays in there.
10:06 slef kf: rangi reviewed a great abstract for a 20 minute talk. He suspected reading the abstract out + questions = 20 minutes.
10:06 slef @marc leader
10:06 huginn slef: unknown tag leader
10:06 slef @marc ldr
10:06 huginn slef: unknown tag ldr
10:06 slef huginn: you suck
10:06 kf slef: your list is confusing me :)
10:06 huginn slef: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
10:07 slef kf: it confuses me too :)
10:07 kf slef: not sure that helps my confusion :)
10:07 rangi heh
10:07 slef kf: what's confusing you?
10:08 kf the abbreviations, the cut off titles
10:08 kf and that osmetimes there is a name and sometimes not
10:11 kf slef: USING KOHA TO IMPROVE SERVICE DELIVERY IN THE EN - makes not much sense .)
10:14 slef kf: hrm. Let me find the rest of that one :)
10:14 slef kf: I don't want to put names for people that we may reject
10:14 rangi heh, i know who wrote this one
10:14 kf slef: that' sok for me
10:14 paul_p rangi= can you remind me the talk you've submitted for KohaCon ?
10:14 kf only the list is really a bit shortened right nwo :)
10:14 kf paul_p:[…]ohaCon12_Schedule
10:14 dgl-library magnuse: thank you!
10:15 rangi its all about the people
10:15 rangi paul_p: thats my one
10:15 mtj ... good to see are still submitting papers for KOHA, too
10:15 mtj ... good to see people are still submitting papers for KOHA, too
10:15 slef mtj: ENoNoun
10:15 slef KOHA :)
10:16 slef Killed Off Hardworking Anarchy
10:16 Judit joined #koha
10:16 dgl-library @marc 600
10:16 huginn dgl-library: A subject added entry in which the entry element is a personal name. (Repeatable) [a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,j,k,l,m,n,o,p​,q,r,s,t,u,v,x,y,z,2,3,4,6,8]
10:16 slef Koksukkers Owned the Happy Archives
10:16 mtj (should be quite a topical topic for KOHACon12)
10:17 mtj heh, thats pretty good :)
10:17 kf slef: my coworkers came up with one too: Katrin ohne Ha
10:18 slef Haar?
10:18 drojf1 joined #koha
10:18 kf because I hate people spelling me Kathrin
10:18 slef oic
10:18 slef can anyone remember if they reviewed the portuguese talk?
10:19 kf I think I did
10:19 mtj although... 'killed off' might be a little premature :)
10:19 rangi not me
10:20 slef mtj: as far as they're concerned.
10:21 slef kf: did you suggest a comparison of Koha and other ILSes unicode handling?
10:22 slef there are five talks awaiting review. Could we review them here right now?
10:22 kf slef: that doesn't sound familiar
10:23 slef kf: ok I'll check my notes instead.
10:24 kf slef: I responded to all talks you sent me
10:25 slef kf: indeed. Maybe I sent it someone else. I was being lazy, not checking my notes
10:25 kf slef: I am away for an hour now - I coudl help you later
10:26 kf or mail me more
10:26 slef my notes say it was Brooke
10:26 kf I am done with my action items :)
10:26 slef I may return here later, else I'll leave it until deadline.
10:27 rangi reviewed the EDS one slef
10:30 slef rangi: cool, thanks
10:31 slef rangi: what was my Reply-To on that? kohacon12@?
10:31 * slef loses the plot
10:31 slef no, mjr@
10:31 * slef finds it
10:32 rangi :)
10:33 * rangi hits the hay
10:33 rangi send me anymore you want slef and ill read them in the morning
10:35 asaurat joined #koha
10:35 slef rangi: you'll get some tomorrow I think. I need to do some paid work now!
10:35 slef thanks
10:39 reiveune1 joined #koha
10:48 slef processed 4 registrations
10:53 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
10:53 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #716: FIXED in 48 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/716/
10:53 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Revert "Bug 7785: Remove unused function columns() which uses a MySQLism."
10:53 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7922: Fixing typo in German sample news
10:53 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7845: Multiple 260s don't display properly in search results
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7785 trivial, P5 - low, ---, marc, ASSIGNED , Unnecessary MySQL-ism:  C4::Members columns()
10:53 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7833 - unique holiday link broken
10:53 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7733 - HidePatronName not working on moredetail
10:53 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7371: Add 'cardnumber' as option for AutoEmailPrimaryAddress
10:53 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 3337 - RSS link is not correct for searches without results
10:53 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7828 - On circulation home page, URL to offline circulation Firefox addon should be a hyperlink
10:53 jenkins_koha * gaetan.boisson: Bug 7693 - clear screen button misaligned
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7922 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Fixing typos and improving translations in German sample data
10:53 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7950 - Typo for preference intranetuserjs
10:53 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7726: explanation and options that were in the wrong order
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7845 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Multiple 260s don't display properly in search results
10:53 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 5347 Follow up, fix for broken test
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7833 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , unique holiday link broken
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7733 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , HidePatronName not working on moredetail
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7371 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , AutoEmailPrimaryAddress set to 'OFF' in new installs
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3337 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , RSS link is not correct
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7828 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , On circulation home page, URL to offline circulation Firefox addon should be a hyperlink
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7693 minor, P5 - low, ---, gaetan.boisson, Pushed to Master , clear screen button misaligned
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7950 trivial, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , Typo for preference intranetuserjs
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7726 trivial, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , AllowItemsOnHoldCheckout has columns in wrong order in sysprefs.sql
10:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347 enhancement, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , late order management
11:10 magnuse woohoo!
11:17 jcamins magnuse: when I try to view detail pages on semantikoha, I get an error.
11:17 jcamins And good morning.
11:17 magnuse that could very well be
11:17 magnuse and good morning
11:18 magnuse jcamins: what's the error?
11:18 magnuse ah i see it now, only or en, not nb-NO :-)
11:19 jcamins Ah.
11:19 magnuse should work now
11:19 jcamins So I guess it's not semantikoha, it's NORMARC with the language set to en generally?
11:19 jcamins Woohoo!
11:19 jcamins magnuse++
11:20 magnuse yay :-)
11:23 magnuse jcamins: no, it's something i messed up a bit in my installation...
11:23 jcamins Ah, good.
11:24 jcamins No need for an emergency patch, then. :)
11:25 magnuse nope, it was just a patch i applied locally that didn't quite work out
11:35 jwagner joined #koha
11:35 vinod joined #koha
11:36 vinod is there any way to display drop down list for limiting the search by item type in first page of the search
11:37 vinod just like in simple search we have option to select search by title author etc, can we have the items type also
11:38 jcamins jquery library?
11:38 wahanui hmmm... jquery library is found at[…]ki/JQuery_Library
11:38 jcamins ^^ if you look there, there's an example of adding options to the search dropdown.
11:38 vinod ok thanks i will try
11:39 esofiane joined #koha
11:42 nengard joined #koha
11:44 JesseM joined #koha
11:46 dgl-library LABELS… When I export a batch as PDF, it's unreadable by all my PDF reader programs. Is this functionality broken?
11:48 JesseM joined #koha
11:49 kf dgl-library: it hsould not be broken :( which version? and do you have unicode characters?
11:49 chris_n dgl-library: it is most likely due to an encoding issue with one of your records
11:49 kf if you open the file in a text editor, is there a readable message?
11:49 chris_n you can open the pdf in a plain text editor and see what the error is
11:49 chris_n probably a wide-char related issue
11:49 asaurat1 joined #koha
11:49 kf ah, chris_n is here :)
11:49 chris_n hi kf
11:49 chris_n :-)
11:49 kf hi chris_n :)
11:49 kf wb asaurat :)
11:49 chris_n pass the coffee please
11:49 kf @karma asaurat
11:49 huginn kf: Karma for "asaurat" has been increased 21 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 21.
11:49 kf :)
11:49 vinod what is z-flag is it different from zebra
11:50 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:51 chris_n dgl-library: if that is the case, you will have to remove the offending record from the label batch
11:51 dgl-library kf: and chris_n: you're right <h1>Software error:</h1>
11:51 dgl-library <pre>Wide character in compress at /usr/share/perl5/PDF/ line 819
11:51 vinod to update the issues /returned status from opac it is necessary to run zebra each time which seems difficult due to time taking with large database
11:51 dgl-library what does that mean? we have a lot of characters with diacritical marks or accents
11:52 chris_n dgl-library: that means there is at least one record you will not be able to print a label for
11:52 chris_n are you using non-latin chars?
11:52 chris_n if so, it might be hopeless
11:52 chris_n if not, it may just be an encoding-confused record
11:52 vinod please advice the short cut method so that after transaction status should be updated frequently without re building the index of whole data
11:53 chris_n ie. it was MARC-8, but claimed to be UTF-8 or some such
11:54 chris_n vinod: there is no short cut method; you'll just have to run the index script via cron every X minutes or so
11:54 dgl-library hmm… when we set up our Z39.50 servers, we weren't quite sure about the encodings, so I guessed
11:54 dgl-library could that be the problem?
11:54 chris_n dgl-library: uh-oh
11:54 chris_n yup
11:54 chris_n plus some records lie about their encoding
11:54 dgl-library there are only Latin characters, but some sanskrit diacritical marks, like: Mahākāśyapa
11:55 dgl-library chris_n: what's the remedy… and how do I prevent this in the future?
11:55 chris_n if the encoding is correct I think most latin chars and diacriticals will print ok
11:56 chris_n dgl-library: for starters, be sure that your z39.50 servers are set to the actual encoding of the records they supply
11:56 vinod but if we run frequently and user is loged on to the opac will it effect in holding books and other option
11:56 chris_n as for fixing exiting records, I'm not sure... I have that problem with some records and have not yet been able to script up a solution :-(
11:56 jcamins vinod: you don't have any choice. That's the way the system works.
11:57 dgl-library chris_n: I used to find servers, but they don't list encoding. do you know any list that does?
11:57 * chris_n has yet to meet a real-time zebra :)
11:57 magnuse vinod: you need to run with the -z option. -z makes sure only records that have changed are indexed each time
11:57 chris_n dgl-library: no, but someone here or on the user's list may
11:58 dgl-library chris_n: So I need to try and print every record individually until I find the culprit(s) and then re-import them from *scratch*? :(
11:58 jcamins dgl-library: unfortunately, it's hard to figure out what encoding servers use.
11:58 chris_n well.... probably for now
11:58 vinod yes it is good, where is -z option and how to run it, i know zebra option only which indexed whole data, please tell me
11:59 * chris_n needs to fix the code so that it dumps the bib number of the offending record in the error
11:59 chris_n vinod: just add '-z' to your command line params
11:59 jcamins What I do is first try utf-8, and search for records that I *know* have diacritical characters. If it works, the encoding is utf-8. If it doesn't work, I try MARC-8.
11:59 dgl-library chris_n: that would be a good feature to add
11:59 jcamins dgl-library: that was for you.
11:59 dgl-library jcamins: where do you try that? new Z39.50 searches?
12:00 jcamins dgl-library: right.
12:00 chris_n dgl-library: I'm working on a css based labels tool which will fix most of those issues
12:00 jcamins dgl-library: that won't fix existing records, of course, but at least you won't have the problem going forward.
12:00 * chris_n looks around for that bag of spare time he misplaced... ;)
12:00 dgl-library Does anyone know the encodings for Cambridge, Oxford…
12:00 * chris_n heads out to teach algebra
12:00 dgl-library chris_n: thanks and have a good day
12:01 jcamins dgl-library: I do not, no.
12:01 vinod please tell me here exact command pleae to run -z
12:01 jcamins vinod: read the instructions. It explains all this.
12:01 jcamins It's in INSTALL.debian.
12:01 jcamins documentation?
12:01 wahanui well, documentation is at
12:01 vinod i have installed it with live cd 3.6
12:01 jcamins ^^ you also might consider reading the documentation.
12:02 dgl-library jcamins: thanks, I'll try what you said. and I think there's some way to re-import info into an existing biblio record, isn't there?
12:02 jcamins vinod: in that case it's already set up.
12:02 vinod you r right i am new to system and simeltaneously reading lot of things
12:02 jcamins dgl-library: yes, you can overlay by viewing a record in the staff client and choosing "Replace with Z39.50" (or something like that). I don't remember exactly what it's called, but I'm sure you'll see it. :)
12:03 Guillaume joined #koha
12:03 JesseM left #koha
12:11 dgl-library jcamins: thank you — let's hope it's not too many records!
12:11 dgl-library Thanks #koha, bye all :)
12:11 jcamins dgl-library: it probably isn't.
12:11 jcamins Look for records that have diacritical characters in the title.
12:12 dgl-library jcamins: just in the title field?
12:12 jcamins It'll be a problem anywhere, but there's a reasonably good chance that any record with a diacritical character is going to have it in the title.
12:13 jcamins And if you at least fix all the ones with non-ascii titles, you'll be able to print labels.
12:13 dgl-library jcamins: If I remove the title etc from the labels and only print call numbers, will that solve the problem, at least as a workaround?
12:13 jcamins (and fix problems elsewhere as you find them)
12:13 jcamins Hmmm... I believe it will, but then you won't have titles on the labels.
12:13 jcamins I'm not 100% sure.
12:14 dgl-library is it normal to have titles on the labels? (I've never set up a library before). we were gonna just go with call numbers, though then it might be a little difficult to ID which label is for which book (not quick labeling)
12:15 oleonard joined #koha
12:16 dgl-library1 joined #koha
12:17 jcamins dgl-library: I've never seen titles on labels, but I figured there was a reason you wanted them there. ;)
12:19 dgl-library1 ah… :)
12:19 dgl-library1 it was part of the default setup :)
12:19 dgl-library1 anyway, maybe now we're onto a simpler solution… and I'll fix the Z39.50 problem going forward
12:19 dgl-library1 whew.
12:19 dgl-library1 thanks.
12:21 dgl-library1 ciao.
12:24 tcohen joined #koha
12:33 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:40 ago43 joined #koha
12:44 esofiane joined #koha
12:49 Oak joined #koha
13:00 esofiane joined #koha
13:01 kf asaurat1: I was being careful when doing the css change - perhaps it's ok to remove
13:02 asaurat1 ok, doesn't look too dangerous =) let's do so
13:02 kf :)
13:06 asaurat joined #koha
13:11 chris_n not_too_dangerous_changes++ :-)
13:15 libsysguy joined #koha
13:16 talljoy joined #koha
13:24 francharb` joined #koha
13:25 edveal joined #koha
13:28 francharb` joined #koha
13:29 * chris_n imagines datatables and jeditable replacing the current syspref editor
13:29 jcamins Woohoo!
13:30 magnuse that would be pretty!
13:31 libsysguy @random i think we need to change the name of the string freeze to the slush date :p
13:31 huginn libsysguy: Error: The command "random" is available in the Factoids and Quote plugins.  Please specify the plugin whose command you wish to call by using its name as a command before "random".
13:31 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
13:32 jcamins libsysguy: lol
13:40 mbalmer joined #koha
13:40 mbalmer g'day (and always remove the backticks, hihi ;)
13:45 maximep joined #koha
13:49 jcamins chris_n: did you add any new dependencies with the news editor?
13:49 chris_n hmm
13:50 jcamins Yep.
13:50 chris_n not that I remember... other than the jeditable libraries which should be patched in
13:50 jcamins DateTime::Format.
13:50 chris_n hmm
13:50 * chris_n thought that was in already
13:51 jcamins Hmmm... maybe it wasn't required by C4::Koha before.
13:51 chris_n I thought we had a conversation here about that last week or so
13:51 * chris_n is losing his mind, however :)
13:51 jcamins lol
13:52 jcamins Where does the quote of the day feature show up?
13:53 jcamins Do I need to set a syspref?
13:53 chris_n[…]12-04-09#i_943175
13:53 chris_n so I need to submit a patch for DateTime::Format
13:53 chris_n jcamins: in tools
13:54 chris_n opps
13:54 chris_n on the opac main page
13:54 chris_n there is a syspref under the opac section
13:54 chris_n appearance section
13:54 jcamins No, "Tools" was the answer I wanted. ;)
13:54 chris_n sorry
13:54 chris_n features section
13:54 jcamins :)
13:55 chris_n QuoteOfTheDay
13:55 chris_n I probably should hide the tool if the QOD pref is not enabled
13:55 gaetan_B anyone wants to comment on my proposal for bug 7949 ? :p
13:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7949 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, Needs Signoff , a different favicon for the staff client
13:56 * chris_n wonders if everyone is running to get their new chromebook yet
13:56 jcamins And you should hide the box on the OPAC if there are no quotes.
13:56 chris_n jcamins: yeah, I was testing that right now
13:56 kf gaetan_B: I have no installation to test - and can't the images from the patches
13:56 chris_n also fixing up the editor when there are no quotes to say something intelligent
13:56 jcamins @quote get 123
13:56 huginn jcamins: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
13:57 gaetan_B kf: i also attached an image to the ticket
13:57 gaetan_B in the .ico format, i guess you need to download it to see it...
13:57 gaetan_B ah no you don't :)
13:58 jcamins Hm. There's a problem with the timestamp.
13:58 jcamins It isn't set.
13:59 chris_n yes, not in the sample data
13:59 kf gaetan_B: had the wrong link :)
13:59 kf so staff is green and opac would be white?
13:59 chris_n jcamins: it is set once the quote is selected for the first time
13:59 chris_n or should be
13:59 jcamins Oh.
13:59 gaetan_B kf: yes, the idea is just to have a different one by default for the staff
14:00 kf I like the idea :)
14:00 jcamins Cool, it works!
14:00 chris_n so to summarize:
14:00 gaetan_B kf: we have sysprefs for this but i think it's cool to have a different one from the start
14:00 chris_n a. New depnd
14:00 chris_n b. fixup display when no quote
14:00 gaetan_B (i end up quite often with a handful of koha tabs open)
14:00 jcamins gaetan_B: agreed.
14:02 jcamins chris_n: yup, that's what I've found so far.
14:02 jcamins The dependency is libdatetime-format-mysql-perl.
14:06 jcamins chris_n: And I'd like to have <span>s around the quote and the source.
14:06 jcamins With ids.
14:06 jcamins :)
14:06 jcamins (in the OPAC)
14:06 chris_n jcamins: fixed the no-display when no-quotes
14:07 chris_n will add spans
14:07 jcamins And maybe the timestamp column should just be blank when it's not set?
14:07 chris_n will do... do you find that confusing?
14:08 jcamins A bit, yeah.
14:08 jcamins What about changing Timestamp to "Last shown"?
14:08 jcamins That would clarify things.
14:08 chris_n that sounds better yet
14:12 collum joined #koha
14:14 Oak later guys
14:21 datadoctor joined #koha
14:24 datadoctor Good morning! Or should I say "good evening?"
14:24 datadoctor I'm entranced by the awesome new Koha staff interface. Very nice work!
14:25 paul_p datadoctor you can thank asaurat & gaetan_B ;-)
14:25 datadoctor I love the colorful mouseovers. Thanks asaurat and gaetan_B!
14:25 datadoctor Nice use of CSS gradients as well!
14:26 asaurat thx =)
14:27 gaetan_B merci :)
14:27 datadoctor The whole idea of a button-based menu makes this very accessible for ipad users, or touchscreen checkout.
14:28 jcamins asaurat++ # for making sure overrides will work.
14:29 jcamins chris_n: the quote of the day looks great.
14:29 jcamins (I've been poking around at it)
14:29 chris_n getting ready to push your spans now
14:29 jcamins Woohoo!
14:30 jcamins A shame we couldn't import fortune files.
14:30 jcamins ;)
14:31 chris_n you're fortune-ate to be able to do this much ;-)
14:31 jcamins lol
14:32 chris_n spans are pushed if you want to have a look now
14:32 chris_n fixing timestamp display
14:32 datadoctor Regarding the staff client, we use IntranetUserCSS to add a bottom margin of 6px to the unordered lists, to provide more visual space for the circ, acquistions and tools submenus.
14:33 datadoctor Although buttoning them out like the main staff page might be even cooler!
14:34 jcamins Okay... I deleted all the quotes to make sure the box disappeared, and now it won't come back.
14:34 chris_n hmm
14:35 chris_n I had that problem and thought my changes to the selection algo fixed it... :(
14:35 wizzyrea1 joined #koha
14:35 chris_n I'll try it again in a moment
14:35 jcamins wizzyrea: we're playing with chris_n's qotd feature.
14:35 jcamins It's pretty awesome.
14:36 jcamins Well, I'm playing. chris_n is working.
14:36 gaetan_B datadoctor: yes some more works needs to be done to accomodate other lists, i think we will try to adress subpages now, but it's more complicated than the homepage :-/
14:36 wizzyrea oo yea
14:36 * jcamins likes this development methodology.
14:36 * wizzyrea is at a workshop thingie
14:36 wizzyrea thusly it's harder to test things. :/
14:37 wizzyrea but only a little :)
14:37 chris_n jcamins: changing the timestamp column header is no problem, but removing zero timestamps will require a bit of code changes
14:37 chris_n will changing the header work as a compromise?
14:38 jcamins chris_n: yeah, that'd help.
14:38 kf chris_n: can't you use TT perhaps?
14:38 chris_n hopefully zero==never
14:38 kf to show something else when timestamp is nothing?
14:38 chris_n kf: datatables does the table generation, so that would require some complication
14:39 chris_n more-so than doing it on the back end
14:39 kf ohok
14:40 chris_n right now the data comes back as an arrayref which works nicely when we json-ize it
14:41 chris_n changing the TS field would require munging through a 2D array
14:41 chris_n which might take more than the 5 mins I have :-)
14:43 chris_n jcamins: header change pushed
14:43 chris_n adding dep now
14:44 jcamins Much better.
14:44 datadoctor QOTD? “It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious.” Alfred North Whitehead
14:45 JesseM joined #koha
14:46 magnuse jcamins: i'm on current master but can't find the tool to upload local images, what am i missing?
14:46 jcamins magnuse: you don't have permissions?
14:47 magnuse i'm suposed to be superlibrarian
14:47 magnuse yup
14:48 chris_n so where do I add deps for the package stuff?
14:49 jcamins chris_n: debian/control
14:49 jcamins magnuse: hmmm...
14:49 jcamins magnuse: is it enabled?
14:49 slef magnuse: tools/ or tools/
14:49 slef magnuse: tools/ or tools/ (correction)
14:50 slef BFI FTW :)
14:50 slef FTW?
14:50 wahanui FTW is for the win
14:50 slef BFI?
14:50 slef BFI is Brute Force and Ignorance
14:50 jcamins It's that's needed.
14:51 chris_n jcamins: ok, new dep pushed; I'll double check on the no quote/add quote/no-show bug
14:51 magnuse AllowMultipleCovers = allow, LocalCoverImages = display, OPACLocalCoverImages  = display
14:51 magnuse jcamins: :8080/cgi-bin/koha/tools/ looks good
14:52 magnuse but i can't see the lnik from Home › Tools
14:52 chris_n I see the problem
14:52 magnuse or the link, for that matter :-)
14:53 jcamins magnuse: do you have local cover images enabled at all?
14:53 magnuse is there a setting apart from the ones i mentioned?
14:53 jcamins Oh, sorry, missed that message from you.
14:53 jcamins No.
14:54 jcamins Okay, looks like a permissions issue.
14:57 magnuse gah
14:58 jcamins Which is odd, because this used to work.
14:58 jcamins Didn't it?
14:58 chris_n jcamins: fixed, if you can pull and verify :-)
14:58 chris_n I think that addresses all of your suggestions/bugs?
14:58 chris_n nothing like RTD
14:59 jcamins chris_n: yeah, that fixed it.
14:59 jcamins Very nice!
15:00 magnuse jcamins: it sure worked when i signed off on it...
15:01 wizzyrea oh - wasn't there a fix for the upload progressbar
15:01 wizzyrea maybe that did it
15:01 jcamins wizzyrea: I thought I tested that, though.
15:01 wizzyrea @search progress
15:01 chris_n jcamins, wizzyrea: I had to do a force push to that branch after rebasing against master, so be warned :-)
15:01 huginn wizzyrea: There were no matching configuration variables.
15:01 jcamins It seems to be an issue with the CAN_user_tools_upload_cover_image permission.
15:02 magnuse sounds plausible
15:02 jcamins But how does a permission break?
15:03 magnuse where is it supposed to show when i'm setting privileges for a user?
15:03 magnuse under tools?
15:03 magnuse i can't seem to find it
15:03 magnuse maybe an update failed?
15:04 magnuse s/update/database update/
15:04 slef @query progress
15:04 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5847 critical, P1 - high, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Manage Staged MARC Records stuck at 0% if isbn matching rule selected.
15:04 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1971 enhancement, P3, ---, henridamien, NEW , Suggestion : Should have only one entry by title + a counter of waiting persons
15:04 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5670 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, NEW , Housebound Readers Module
15:04 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5153 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Patron Import tool does not show progress of upload
15:04 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5414 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , staged import dies silently if MARC::Record chokes on a too-large MARC record
15:04 slef wizzyrea: 5153?
15:04 slef and with that, I'll be back in many many hours
15:04 wizzyrea bye slef :)
15:05 wizzyrea no, srdjan fixed it
15:05 * magnuse gotta run - happy hunting!
15:05 chris_n jcamins: I can't find upload_cover_image permission in master
15:05 chris_n something must have been missed
15:05 wizzyrea lost in a merge maybe?
15:06 wizzyrea it was in there in february
15:06 wizzyrea early feb.
15:06 chris_n or ^^
15:06 wizzyrea @query div0
15:06 huginn wizzyrea: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6372 minor, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Signed Off , Batch progress bar does not check for 0 size jobs; should be in separate js too
15:06 wizzyrea there it is
15:07 jcamins CAN_user_tools_upload_local_cover_images permission.
15:07 jcamins Sorry.
15:08 * oleonard sees it
15:09 jcamins Hm. I don't seem to be finding it in the code.
15:14 asaurat bye!
15:14 oleonard Bye asaurat
15:14 asaurat left #koha
15:15 julian_m hi all, i just discover serials/ page, and saw that no templates at all make a link to it. does anybody knows if this page is still used? am i missing something?
15:20 jcamins Isn't there a bug for a "did you mean"-type feature in the OPAC?
15:20 oleonard I thought so
15:21 chris_n ok
15:21 chris_n I see it:[…]7d1a7;hb=HEAD#l39
15:22 jcamins chris_n: that looks right to me.
15:22 jcamins I forgot that the "CAN_user_tools_" bit is added somewhere in C4.
15:23 chris_n another C4 special ;-)
15:23 jcamins So how come magnuse's installation doesn't work?
15:23 jcamins magnus_afk: do you have that permission in your database?
15:23 chris_n does his db have the permission
15:23 chris_n perhaps failed upgrade?
15:24 reiveune1 bye
15:24 reiveune1 left #koha
15:24 gaetan_B bye #koha!
15:24 oleonard Bye gaetan_B
15:25 jcamins chris_n: yeah, that could be.
15:33 Guillaume left #koha
15:36 kf paul_p++ :)
15:36 paul_p ;-)
15:36 kf :)
15:37 kf paul_p: now I think I have only bug 3969 on my list .)
15:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3969 major, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Passed QA , Budget Search Doesn't Work
15:38 kf hm and a couple of bug fixes waiting for sign off .(
15:38 jcamins Can anyone find the bug for "did you mean?" suggestions?
15:38 kf :(
15:39 kf jcamins: I am searching
15:39 jcamins I found a spell checker one from PTFS, but I thought there was one about authorities.
15:40 kf jcamins: hm can't remember one for authorities
15:40 jcamins Oh, okay then. Never mind.
15:43 mveron joined #koha
15:47 kf hi mveron :) - small note - don't forget to set the status to 'signed-off' after attaching the patch :)
15:48 mveron kf: Was not sure, was thinking that it should be done after the second sign-off
15:50 kf mveron: one sign-off is normally enough :) after that 'signed-off' then qa team looks at it and sets 'passed qa' (or 'failed qa')
15:52 mveron kf: Good to know, and don't know wher I had my mistake from. So 1 sign off would be enough for my age restriction thing...    :-)
15:52 kf yes :)
15:53 kf I have it on my testing list, but also changes strings, so probably will go into 3.10
15:53 kf but
15:53 kf paul_p: remember to add mveron to history.txt ;)
15:54 mveron kf: Looking forward to 3.10...  Can I help with the translations?
15:55 paul_p kf: done, thx for the reminder
15:55 kf mveron: anytime
15:55 kf mveron: do you have an account for
15:55 kf there are still > 9000 :(
15:55 laurence left #koha
15:57 mveron kf: Will ask you for the translations this evening or tomorrow, I'm testing now with the fines glitch I reported this morning
15:58 mveron paul_p: Thanks!    :-)
15:59 * oleonard wonders if there's something we could do to encourage more translation help
15:59 kf hm
15:59 kf perhaps a reminder to the german transaltion list...
15:59 kf but in general I think the problem is just that it's a lot to translate
15:59 kf and it helps to know koha quite well
16:00 kf because you don't have much context - a file name at most
16:01 mveron I just spoke to the librarians in our group, they could help with the Germen translations
16:02 kf mveron: one problem we have is
16:02 kf that the help files got updated
16:02 kf afte the po files were created
16:02 kf so I waswondering
16:02 kf if it would make sense to upload a new file
16:02 kf I coudl do that tonight
16:02 kf else we will translate... and retranslate for 3.10
16:05 mveron kf:OK, just let me know when it is time to jump in.
16:07 * mveron Oh, time is running... We have to go...
16:09 tcohen hi koha, i'm testing a 3.0.6 (.src) -> 3.6.4 (.deb) migration
16:09 tcohen and get a nasty "Can't call method "delete"" ... error
16:10 tcohen after doing koha-upgrade-to-3.4 and koha-upgrade-schema
16:10 kf on which page?
16:11 tcohen login?
16:11 wahanui login is test/test, it should be written on the wiki page
16:11 tcohen staff intercafe
16:11 tcohen interface
16:11 wahanui interface is crap
16:11 tcohen i never logged in this koha instance yet
16:12 tcohen and cannot find something usefull in the logs
16:12 oleonard wahanui: forget login
16:12 wahanui oleonard: I forgot login
16:12 oleonard wahanui: login is <reply>
16:12 wahanui OK, oleonard.
16:12 oleonard wahanui: forget interface
16:12 wahanui oleonard: I forgot interface
16:15 hdl1 login
16:15 hdl1 whanui: login
16:15 hdl1 wahanui: login
16:15 wahanui hdl1: i'm not following you...
16:15 hdl1 wahanui: login ?
16:15 wahanui no idea, hdl1
16:15 hdl1 wahanui: login ?
16:15 wahanui wish i knew, hdl1
16:15 hdl1 wahanui: login ?
16:15 wahanui i don't know, hdl1
16:16 kf bye all :)
16:16 kf left #koha
16:16 jcamins sanbox login?
16:16 jcamins sandbox login?
16:17 jcamins The sandbox login is test/test.
16:17 jcamins sandbox login?
16:17 wahanui rumour has it sandbox login is test/test
16:24 jcamins Is there any page that explains Koha's version numbering scheme?
16:25 oleonard
16:25 jcamins Oh, LBA has a nice blog post explaining it clearly and succinctly.
16:25 jcamins Yes, that one. :)
16:26 oleonard Steal it for the wiki maybe? The manual too?
16:28 sekjal joined #koha
16:29 jcamins paul_p++
16:30 paul_p good morning jcamins
16:30 paul_p (is the ++ for the mail, the 7979 or the sandbox ?)
16:31 jcamins The mail.
16:31 wahanui the mail is not understandable
16:31 jcamins wahanui: it is too.
16:31 wahanui ...but it is <reply> or automatically added...
16:31 oleonard wahanui is a real bummer today
16:31 jcamins lol
16:34 * oleonard didn't even realize there was a generic INSTALL file always having looked for Ubuntu or debian
16:34 paul_p which is a proof that there's something wrong ;-)
16:35 * oleonard wouldn't know what instructions belonged in the generic one versus the distro-specific ones
16:35 Irma joined #koha
16:36 paul_p Irma are you really here ? not sleeping yet ? or early awakening ?
16:36 * oleonard 's INSTALL pet peeve is where it is suggested that users "roll your own :-)" zebra-handling method
16:39 jcamins_away oleonard: does it really suggest that?
16:39 oleonard It suggests that they can, which I think is superfluous
16:39 oleonard[…]5c2c;hb=HEAD#l269
16:40 jcamins_away I think that must be a joke.
16:50 adnc joined #koha
16:53 paul_p bye #koha, see you tomorrow morning !
17:00 oleonard One of the Ubuntu INSTALL files says to cpan "Storable" The other doesn't. I don't see it listed in install_misc/ubuntu.packages
17:00 oleonard Should it still be mentioned?
17:01 oleonard I don't recall having to install it manually in recent installations
17:05 JesseM @wunder 93109
17:05 huginn JesseM: The current temperature in K6LCM-Westside/Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 18.1°C (10:04 AM PDT on April 19, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Rising).
17:18 cait joined #koha
17:19 * oleonard doesn't care for the new dark green outline given to focused input fields in the latest iteration of Bug 7979
17:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7979 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, ASSIGNED , New design for staff interface
17:21 * oleonard doesn't fancy talking to himself all afternoon either
17:21 * oleonard bangs some pots and pans to make some noise
17:23 hankbank joined #koha
17:25 * gmcharlt eases oleonard's loneliness
17:25 cait oleonard++
17:25 cait oleonard: you don't like it? or liked the previous version better?
17:26 oleonard cait: I think I liked the previous version better
17:26 * cait offers gmcharlt and oleonard oreos
17:26 gmcharlt cait: thanks! </botsnack>
17:26 * oleonard refuses, having eaten too many today already actually
17:26 cait oleonard: I think I liked the lighter color for the focused input fields - but not for the hover on the links
17:27 oleonard gmcharlt: You seem like the kind of sharp fellow who might answer my question above about Storable
17:27 gmcharlt oleonard: shoot
17:27 oleonard One of the Ubuntu INSTALL files says to cpan "Storable" The other doesn't. I don't see it listed in install_misc/ubuntu.packages
17:27 oleonard Should it still be mentioned?
17:27 oleonard I don't recall having to install it manually in recent installations
17:29 oleonard gmcharlt: Also, what is your opinion on the idea to eliminate the .lucid INSTALL file and have only one for Ubuntu which presumes LTS version?
17:30 gmcharlt oleonard: checking re Storable
17:31 gmcharlt oleonard: Storable is provided by Ubuntu's base perl package, so no additional package is needed
17:32 cait @later tell paul_p can you consider pushing the second patch of bug 3969? witout it budget search does nothing at all - with the patch it will work.
17:32 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
17:32 cait @later tell paul_p - and changing no strings - promise :)
17:33 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
17:33 gmcharlt oleonard: re LTS, depends on who wants to maintain
17:33 gmcharlt Lucid itself is still an active LTS, just not the most recent one
17:34 * chris_n offers to take oleonard's oreos
17:35 oleonard chris_n: The problem for both of us is that I ate all of them
17:35 gmcharlt but if overall we have only the bandwidth to maintain install notes for the most current Ubuntu LTS, better do that well than to do both poorly
17:36 oleonard gmcharlt: The instructions are almost identical
17:36 oleonard The major difference is 2.4 Install DBD::mysql Perl module in INSTALL.ubuntu
17:46 Morthland joined #koha
17:47 Morthland How do I catalog multi-volume sets?
17:51 * cait finds some more for chris_n
17:52 * chris_n breaks out a fresh gallon of milk
17:55 Morthland Does anyone catalog multi-volume sets?
17:58 oleonard Anyone care to comment on the continued relevance (or not) of " 2.4 Install DBD::mysql Perl module" in INSTALL.ubuntu?
18:00 jcamins_away Wait, has the newest LTS been released now?
18:00 jcamins_away I thought Lucid was still the most recent LTS.
18:02 jcamins_away No, it is still the most recent LTS.
18:02 Morthland how can I check for records with no items?
18:03 jcamins_away sql reports library?
18:03 wahanui sql reports library is at[…]L_Reports_Library
18:03 jcamins_away ^^ there's a report there to do that.
18:03 Morthland and how can I catalog multi-volume sets?
18:05 jcamins_away Morthland: that's more of a cataloging question than a Koha question.
18:05 jcamins_away You can either add multiple items to a single bibliographic record, or have one bibliographic record per volume, depending on what standard(s) you're following.
18:05 Morthland ok
18:05 jcamins_away It's up to you. Koha doesn't care.
18:06 Morthland is there any way to distinguish between differing items in koha IRC?
18:06 Morthland sorry,
18:06 Morthland Koha OPAC
18:06 Morthland ?
18:07 jcamins_away Of course. You should describe them differently. Have you read through the Koha manual?
18:07 jcamins_away Manual?
18:07 wahanui Manual is at
18:07 jcamins_away ^^
18:07 datadoctor Ubuntu 12 should be out this week or next. The beta is very cool.
18:08 datadoctor Ubuntu 12 is LTS, and seems easier to install than 11, very similar though, same interface, more options for configuration.
18:08 jcamins_away datadoctor: yeah, it'll be a lot easier, I was just responding to the discussion earlier about installation documentation.
18:08 jcamins_away I am very much looking forward to upgrading my servers.
18:08 oleonard The question will remain, is it necessary to maintain two different Ubuntu INSTALL files?
18:08 jcamins_away In a few months.
18:09 jcamins_away oleonard: I think we probably need to include two in 3.8, and eliminate the second for 3.10.
18:09 datadoctor I don't think so...but I can't say for sure - the directory structure of 12 seems to be the same as 11.
18:09 cait oleonard: have you seen the template readmy?
18:09 cait readme?
18:09 oleonard jcamins_away: Why do you say that?
18:09 cait i didn't know we had something like that
18:09 cait discovered it today :)
18:10 oleonard cait: Probably at some time in the past
18:10 jcamins_away oleonard: because the current LTS support is Lucid, for which the installation process is very different than more recent versions.
18:10 jcamins_away s/support //
18:10 jcamins_away 11.10 was supposed to be LTS, but then it wasn't. :(
18:10 oleonard The Koha installation process is different?
18:11 jcamins_away Yup.
18:11 datadoctor Lucid is definitely a different structure than Pangolin.
18:11 jcamins_away It sucks.
18:12 jcamins_away (on the plus side, once you've gotten Koha installed on Lucid, any recent Debian-based distro seems easy)
18:12 oleonard Can you be specific jcamins_away? Because the two INSTALL files are not very different
18:12 jcamins_away oleonard: Lucid requires installing things from CPAN and downloading packages manually.
18:12 jcamins_away Post-Lucid, you just have to use apt.
18:13 jcamins_away In fact, post-Lucid, it works exactly the same as for Debian.
18:13 oleonard So "sudo dpkg --set-selections < install_misc/ubuntu.packages" is incorrect for Lucid?
18:13 jcamins_away You do that, but then you do the other steps, too.
18:14 jcamins_away I'm not at my home computer so I can't look at the files, but I am suspecting maybe the instructions for Lucid are incorrect.
18:14 jcamins_away That is the only step necessary to install dependencies as of Maverick.
18:14 jcamins_away On Lucid, there are certain dependencies that can't be installed via apt-get.
18:14 jcamins_away (or dpkg)
18:17 jcamins_away I guess the Lucid instructions don't talk about installing things via CPAN?
18:17 mveron joined #koha
18:17 jcamins_away (anymore)
18:17 mveron Good evening #koha
18:23 mveron If in Circulation (Chek out)  I check "Forgive fines on return:" and then check in all items, nothing happens with the fines. I would expect the fines to be written off, right?
18:25 cait overdue fines?
18:25 mveron No, rental charges.
18:26 datadoctor I had some CPAN module install dependency problems with my Debian install (Squeeze), but I just re-cpanned them a couple of times, and it picked up more of the missing dependencies on each cycle.
18:27 libsysguy left #koha
18:27 oleonard Rental charges are based on checkout, overdue fines are based on return
18:27 oleonard So I wouldn't expect rental charges to change upon return
18:28 datadoctor I guess I mean the install script for the memory of the install is fading...
18:29 mveron Ok, understood. Then the "Forgive fines on return:" is related to the fines.  I was missleaded by the tab "Fines", because it shows fines & charges
18:29 jcamins_away datadoctor: at this point, you shouldn't need to do anything with CPAN.
18:29 datadoctor Thanks, I am very happy with my current install. :)
18:30 cait mveron: perhaps we should trnaslate it to mahngevühren - if it isn't yet
18:30 datadoctor Just thinking about Precise Pangolin. I really like Ubuntu 12 LTS, but we run Debian for our Koha install.
18:30 jcamins_away datadoctor: I use Debian for development, but Ubuntu server in production because integration with AWS is better.
18:30 Morthland how do I use AWS?
18:31 jcamins_away Morthland: that's not really a Koha question.
18:31 datadoctor I'm interested...maybe a switch to Ubuntu for Koha 3.8 is in my future...
18:31 datadoctor
18:32 datadoctor ;)
18:32 mveron cait: Would be a good idea. And the bluish tab on the left could read "Fines, Fees & Charges" (Ausleih- und Mahngebühren?) instead of "Fines" only.
18:33 cait I think it would get too long
18:33 cait that's a problem for display then too
18:33 cait and it shows all kinds of "gebühren"
18:33 cait so perhaps for the tab it's enough to be less specific
18:34 cait it's even more than ausleih- and mahngebühren
18:34 cait rental, overdue, holds, new patron cards, copier...
18:47 mveron cait: Maybe  the original English expression "Fines" in the Tab is to specific, my understanding of "Fine" is something  like"Busse" (Penalty). "Gebühren" in the tab is OK.
18:48 mveron Could Gebührenerlass bei Rückgabe:  read "Erlass der Mahngebühren bei Rückgabe:"?
18:48 cait of course
18:48 cait i see translation as an iterative proces...
18:48 mveron That would explain thins a little bit... For people like me :-)
18:48 cait hopefully getting better with each iteration :)
18:48 mveron Of course!
18:50 mveron Update to the fines glitch I talked about this morning:
18:50 mveron Tried to reproduce with the installation of our Koha-Group , no problem. worked OK,
18:50 mveron then went back to my Installation and changed item-level_itypes back to "specific item"
18:50 mveron ...and could not longer reproduce the error. Hmm, I did not dream....
18:54 * oleonard wonders if he has fed a troll
18:55 jcamins_away oleonard: yep.
18:55 oleonard However, I agree that the new design is not as flexible as it should be
18:55 magnuse cait or someone else german-speaking: you'll want to translate line 39 here:[…]a4f403b34;hb=HEAD
18:56 magnuse jcamins_away: i found the root of my local image problem
18:56 cait magnuse: thx :)
18:56 magnuse the permission was not added to[…]3976d4aa3;hb=HEAD
18:56 cait not at all?
18:56 cait oh :(
18:57 jcamins_away magnuse: oh, that would cause it.
18:58 magnuse this patch fixed a lot of the languages but not nb-NO :-)[…]81e140eaadcb405bf
18:59 magnuse i'll do a patch now and hope paul_p will push it tomorrow
19:00 cait I think he will - sample data should be ok
19:00 cait for last minute changes
19:00 cait could yo uadd a german translation for me?
19:00 jcamins_away Shouldn't the test have caught that?
19:00 cait mveron: Lokale Coverbilder heraufladen ?
19:00 cait Upload local cover images
19:01 mveron cait:Thinking about...
19:01 bgkriegel joined #koha
19:01 drojf joined #koha
19:01 cait brb
19:02 cait hi drojf :)
19:02 cait and brb...
19:02 drojf hej cait :)
19:03 magnuse i'll do a translation if you give me one :-)
19:06 mveron cait: Eigene Coverbilder heraufladen ? Eigene Buchcover herauladen? (Buchcover is used e.g. in Syspref AmazonCoverImages and others)
19:08 mveron cait: Buchcover in Google 3'280'000 Hits
19:09 mveron cait:  - Duden uses Buchcover for it's covers
19:13 magnuse ok cait and mveron, i got the file open now - what's it gonna be? ;-)
19:13 cait what mveron suggested :)
19:13 cait but we wil l have tomake the translation match later on
19:14 cait i think I used coverbilder :P
19:14 cait mveron: it's for the staff permisson
19:14 cait permission
19:14 drojf eigene umschlagbilder hochladen :P
19:14 cait drojf: any vote from you?
19:14 drojf ;)
19:14 cait lol
19:14 cait I like lokal
19:14 cait becaue it's not the cover of the librarian
19:14 cait but of the library
19:14 cait but hm.
19:15 magnuse important distinction ;-)
19:15 cait compromise: lokale coverbilder heraufladen? :P
19:15 JesseM joined #koha
19:15 drojf do you say heraufladen in the southern states? :P
19:15 cait sometimes
19:16 drojf cute
19:16 cait depending on where you look
19:16 mveron I do not agree, because lokal has in this context not the same meaning as English local
19:16 cait lol
19:16 cait poor magnuse
19:16 drojf heh
19:16 cait ok, mveron and drojf - fight it out
19:17 drojf i dont want to fight :) way too tired
19:17 cait me too
19:17 cait so drojf - you want upload?
19:17 drojf we could try flipping a coin
19:17 cait Upload eigener Buchcover ?
19:17 drojf no
19:17 drojf hochladen
19:17 drojf lol
19:17 cait oh right
19:17 cait yeah
19:17 cait hochladen
19:17 * cait is really too tired
19:18 drojf Eigene <yourfavourite> hochladen
19:18 cait Eigene Buchcover hochladen
19:18 magnuse has it been translated for the interface? the staff .po file?
19:18 cait mveron: scared away now? :)
19:18 mveron Sorry, I can not type as fast as you all...  :-)
19:18 cait magnuse: yeah it has - with Coverbilder - but that can still be fixed :)
19:19 drojf wouldnt it be "eigene buchcoverS" then? *duck*
19:19 mveron I would like to have it consistent. The other preferences use Coverbilder and Heruafladen. Hochladen would be better
19:19 cait mveron: we can fix the po files tomorrow
19:19 cait going to work on that in a few minutes - creating new files for german reflecting latest changes to master
19:20 magnuse ok, i'll need the translation in 3
19:20 magnuse 2
19:20 magnuse 1...
19:20 cait Eigene Coverbilder hochladen
19:20 magnuse done
19:20 cait lol
19:20 cait vetos?
19:20 mveron Alles klar :-)
19:21 jcamins_away Eigene Coverbilder hochladen buchcovers lokale heruafladen?
19:21 drojf lol
19:21 cait jcamins_away: sorry, you only get a vote for russian
19:21 jcamins_away cait: awww.
19:21 drojf eigene lokale buchcoverbilder hoch heraufladen
19:21 cait lol
19:21 cait rofl
19:21 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "looking for some report help - anyone around here who can help us?" (27 lines) at
19:21 * jcamins_away likes the word "heraufladen."
19:21 mveron Heruaf is a very old German word. It means the Army of Uaf  :-)
19:21 jcamins_away What does it mean?
19:21 magnuse tee hee
19:21 jcamins_away Hehe.
19:22 jcamins_away I like Heruaf even better then herauf, I think. :)
19:22 libsysguy joined #koha
19:23 jcamins_away What does "heraufladen" mean, though? I think it's a verb...
19:23 jcamins_away Something about "on-carrying"?
19:23 mveron upload
19:23 cait jcamins_away: I fear the worst - it might be my own creation
19:23 cait :P
19:23 drojf i think i would translate it as "uponloading" instead of "uploading" :)
19:23 cait better learn german from drojf and mveron
19:24 oleonard Making some subtle tweaks:
19:24 jcamins_away drojf: ooh, so I almost kind of got some sense of what it meant! Yay!
19:24 drojf i actually use "herabladen" instead of "download" sometimes
19:24 libsysguy i prefer B oleonard
19:24 cait oleonard: too subtle for me?
19:24 drojf but as a joke
19:24 oleonard Wrong answer libsysguy :P
19:25 libsysguy damn
19:25 * jcamins_away doesn't understand the joke.
19:25 libsysguy sorry…i like the centered layout
19:25 jcamins_away I prefer A.
19:25 jcamins_away B looks squished on the left.
19:25 cait a?
19:25 wahanui a is not related to B in any way , it (B) is in OPAC, A is in Reports
19:26 cait lol
19:26 libsysguy did I get them backwards jcamins
19:26 libsysguy B looks like it is centered to me
19:26 cait aaw
19:26 cait nice commit message magnuse :)
19:26 libsysguy centered is win
19:26 cait - translates the text of the preference for de-DE (thanks to cait,
19:26 cait drojf and mveron for the translation)
19:26 cait ok
19:26 cait german translators :)
19:26 cait do me a favour?
19:27 cait mveron, drojf: I am looking in your direction!
19:27 mveron Was typing... Whenever I can!
19:27 magnuse ok, bug 7984 is ready for signoff now, hint hint :-)
19:27 mveron What can I do?
19:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7984 major, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Fix the upload_local_cover_images permission
19:27 cait ok, everyone grab a set of current po files for 3.8 from pootle
19:27 drojf try to write an email, just say something
19:28 cait last time I confused files and had to retranslate sysprefs again....
19:28 cait external backup strategy this time :P
19:28 jcamins_away libsysguy: B didn't look centered to me. It looked left-justified.
19:28 jcamins_away oleonard: was I wrong about that?
19:28 cait http://translate.koha-communit[…]de/38/review.html > zip of directory
19:31 mveron cait: Need some more advise
19:31 drojf i got myself 3 .po files. anything else? or just store them?
19:31 oleonard Here's another demonstration of other differences:
19:31 cait drojf: just keep them safe from me for now :)
19:32 drojf sure can do :)
19:32 * libsysguy libsysguy_away
19:32 cait I am updating the files now
19:32 cait on my local installation
19:32 drojf is there no backup whatsoever in pootle?
19:32 cait to reflect changes
19:32 mveron cait: Oh, found the ZIP, had to login first
19:32 magnuse hooray for flexible "buttons" on the intranet home page!
19:32 cait I don't know - but I hope fredericd does backups :)
19:33 jcamins_away New one is *way* better.
19:33 cait yep
19:33 cait oleonard: going to submit as follow up?
19:34 oleonard Yes. I should probably set a max-width on the buttons too
19:34 cait mveron, drojf - we have some fatal errors, but can fix them before release, telling you so I don't forget :)
19:34 drojf thanks for making me part of your brain
19:34 cait oleonard: I think i would like that - so they don't grow so large... and when i hide the images I can resize them :)
19:34 cait drojf: my pleasure heh :)
19:34 drojf :)
19:34 cait ok
19:34 cait now going to upload opac
19:34 mveron cait: external drive...
19:35 mveron ...for local head
19:35 magnuse g'night #koha - have fun!
19:36 libsysguy what does rfc stand for
19:36 jcamins_away Request For Comments.
19:36 cait request for comment
19:37 libsysguy ahh
19:37 libsysguy thanks guys :)
19:37 cait ok, opac uploaded, no changes - can someone test? :) (me makes use of her new german translatoin team :P )
19:37 cait ah 2 words in opac
19:38 cait and 17 in pref files :)
19:38 cait now the big one -s taff
19:38 cait 9760 to translate before
19:39 cait willl take a while
19:42 drojf cait: test how?
19:42 * cait cries a bit
19:42 drojf i still see three files but different values
19:42 cait we are back to 14221 now
19:43 drojf i see 12711
19:43 cait hm
19:43 cait refresh?
19:43 drojf just did
19:43 drojf thats where that number came
19:43 cait weird
19:43 drojf 3 Dateien 68584/82824 Wörter (83%) übersetzt [12711/14550 Zeichenketten]
19:44 cait ah
19:44 cait 14550 to look at
19:45 rangi Morning
19:45 cait rangi: updated german po files - over 4000 more to translate in staff :(
19:45 cait and good morning
19:46 rangi Is that all the help?
19:46 jcamins_away cait: I guess that's thanks to the help?
19:46 cait yep
19:47 rangi So much for string freeze :(
19:47 cait yep
19:47 rangi I promise to not do that for 3.8.1
19:47 cait easy
19:47 cait no help file updates for 3.8.1 in maintenance mode
19:48 jcamins_away I think there should be a feature freeze, at which point there will be time for help to be written, then string freeze.
19:48 jcamins_away cait: I won't do that for 3.6.anything, either.
19:48 rangi There was
19:48 rangi Help got submitted after the freeze
19:48 rangi :(
19:49 jcamins_away rangi: no, I meant *actual* feature and string freezes.
19:49 jcamins_away Where the flying spaghetti monster comes and gobbles you up if you try and break them.
19:50 rangi Ahh yeah
19:50 rangi I'll be more dictatorial :)
19:50 jcamins_away I'll suggest that to paul_p for 3.10.
19:50 jcamins_away rangi: and I'll be a regular martinet with 3.6.x. Y'all can consider yourself warned.
19:51 jcamins_away Actually, this shouldn't be a surprise. My proposal stated that I was going to be more-or-less entirely inflexible about additions.
19:52 cait rangi: help was started to be written after string freeze
19:52 rangi :)
19:52 cait :(
19:52 rangi Yeah
19:52 jcamins_away cait: right, that's why the flying noodle monster should gobble up anyone who has the temerity to ignore feature freeze.
19:53 jcamins_away Wait.
19:53 jcamins_away It's a flying spaghetti monster.
19:53 oleonard That's why you heard thunder jcamins_away
19:53 jcamins_away Hehe.
19:54 cait I am more for the invisible unicorn actually... i think
19:55 cait the invisible pink unicorn
19:57 rangi That's the logo for haecksen
19:57 rangi
19:58 rangi I love the byline too
20:00 rangi @wunder nzwn
20:00 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 11.0°C (7:00 AM NZST on April 20, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.63 in 1037 hPa (Steady).
20:02 cait @wunder Konstanz
20:02 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 8.7°C (10:00 PM CEST on April 19, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Windchill: 9.0°C. Pressure: 29.39 in 995 hPa (Steady).
20:03 jcamins_away @wunder 11375
20:03 huginn jcamins_away: The current temperature in APRSWXNET Jackson Heights NY US, Corona, New York is 17.8°C (3:32 PM EDT on April 19, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 54%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.03 in 1017 hPa (Falling).
20:03 mveron @wunder Basel
20:03 huginn mveron: The current temperature in Basel, Switzerland is 8.2°C (10:02 PM CEST on April 19, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.42 in 996 hPa (Steady).
20:04 mveron Wow
20:04 mveron @wunder Allschwil
20:04 huginn mveron: The current temperature in Basel, Switzerland is 8.2°C (10:02 PM CEST on April 19, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.42 in 996 hPa (Steady).
20:04 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
20:04 jcamins_away The current temperature in Basel, Switzerland
20:04 wahanui i guess the current temperature in basel, switzerland is 8.2°C (10:02 PM CEST on April 19, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.42 in 996 hPa (Steady).
20:04 jcamins_away Hehe.
20:05 jcamins_away The current temperature in APRSWXNET Jackson Heights NY US, Corona, New York?
20:06 jcamins_away Guess I already told wahanui to ignore that one.
20:07 mib_3byp05 joined #koha
20:11 rangi My stop bbiab
20:11 nengard left #koha
20:12 mveron Good night #koha
20:12 cait good night mveron
20:13 mveron Bye
20:14 SJeffery joined #koha
20:15 * oleonard leaves too
20:15 cait bye oleonard :)
20:15 oleonard Bye!
20:15 SJeffery Everyone leaves as soon as I log in
20:16 jcamins_away SJeffery: well, did you come with a question about analytics?
20:17 SJeffery lol
20:17 SJeffery Maybe we should cache the analytics results and only display them when there are analytics for the item:D
20:18 SJeffery ^ I had to come up with something
20:18 jcamins_away lol
20:19 jcamins_away On the subject of analytics, Space_Librarian should submit a patch adding the 773 to the OPAC results display. rangi, I hereby delegate coaching her through that to you, since you're in her timezone. :P
20:20 mib_3byp05 im having a problem with a installation that i administer
20:20 cait jcamins_away: lol
20:20 mib_3byp05[…]         when i do that search and select the third entry i get 404 error
20:21 mib_3byp05 i did the rebuildzebra script but no help
20:22 jcamins_away mib_3byp05: your indexes are probably out of date.
20:23 jcamins_away searching faq?
20:23 wahanui i think searching faq is at
20:23 mib_3byp05 im having that problem with about 600 items
20:24 mib_3byp05 i rebuild zebraindex about 10times in the last 24hrs but no solution
20:24 mib_3byp05 perl -I/usr/share/koha/lib /usr/share/koha/bin/migrat​ion_tools/ -b –w
20:24 jcamins_away mib_3byp05: did you look at the suggestions for resetting the index?
20:25 jcamins_away Also, you should be using -r not -w
20:27 mib_3byp05 running with -r currently
20:27 * jcamins_away leaves for home.
20:27 jcamins_away Good night, #koha
20:29 cait good night jcamins_away :)
20:30 rangi back
20:30 rangi jcamins_away: she shouldnt even need coaching, she is well capable :)
20:45 kathryn joined #koha
20:48 hdl joined #koha
21:00 rangi ahh yes
21:00 rangi how to apologise while not
21:00 rangi its a skill that that guy has mastered
21:21 rangi!/play[…]+Wake+Up/57239977
21:25 rangi hmm new bugzilla, 4.2.1 .. with security fixes,
21:25 * rangi upgrades
21:26 rangi
21:26 rangi[…]elease-notes.html
21:29 rangi done
21:29 * rangi talks to himself
21:30 ibeardslee first sign of intelligence
21:30 SJeffery also insanity
21:31 gmcharlt just so long as it doesn't devolve into violent disagreement
21:31 rangi heh
21:52 jcamins_away rangi: well, excellent. Space_Librarian should submit the patch soon, because then it has a reasonably good chance of getting into 3.6.6. :)
21:53 rangi :)
21:56 jcamins mtj: :)
21:57 rangi mtj++
21:57 jcamins mtj++ # yeah, he deserves karma
21:57 mtj yeah, just for a change...
21:57 rangi best response to a troll yet :)
21:58 maximep left #koha
21:58 ibeardslee mailing list troll?
21:58 rangi yup
21:59 jcamins I'm actually going to jQuery the cataloging button into a slider, and add direct "Add record" and "Z39.50 search" links to the main page.
21:59 rangi http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/037227.html
22:00 rangi jcamins: that'd work
22:00 jcamins If he didn't irritate me, I'd point out that it'd be easy to do.
22:00 rangi *nod*
22:00 rangi if you're a jerk, and you're right, you're still a jerk
22:00 jcamins Yup.
22:01 jcamins And having tried to be nice and forgiving last time, I'm not inclined to do it again.
22:03 mtj i last thing anyone wants to hear after working on some feature is 'um.. its nice sure.. but its now 32k bigger than it was before :/'
22:03 mtj and that 32k prolly ends up cached by your web-browser too?
22:04 jcamins As I told gaetan_B, I think the new interface is *awesome*.
22:04 jcamins My only objection remains that I want a syspref search tab integrated into the main search box.
22:05 jcamins oleonard says I can't have the search box on every window. :(
22:05 jcamins Tab, rather.
22:06 gmcharlt jcamins: then again, in theory normal users don't play with sysprefs ever day ;)
22:06 jcamins gmcharlt: well, true.
22:07 jcamins gmcharlt: but when I log into a Koha installation, I tend to be fixing misconfigurations.
22:08 gmcharlt jcamins: indeed
22:08 gmcharlt syspref search everywhere if you're a superlibrarian, perhaps?
22:08 gmcharlt we can call it the cape box
22:08 jcamins Yeah, that was wizzyrea's suggested compromise.
22:09 jcamins :)
22:09 jcamins I think this should be someone on the page if you're a superlibrarian:[…]Alliance_logo.svg
22:10 jcamins A background image or something.
22:11 eythian jcamins: not the superman logo?
22:12 jcamins eythian: hmmmm...
22:12 jcamins No, I think the Rebel Alliance logo is more appropriate, somehow.
22:15 mtj jcamins:  i think owen will back you on that point :)
22:29 rangi speaking of trolls
22:37 eythian[…]es/usc00097iz.php <-- canberra trying but failing to join the earthquake club
23:07 papa joined #koha
23:13 druthb joined #koha
23:13 druthb o/
23:13 rangi heya druthb
23:16 druthb hi, rangi! :)
23:21 edveal left #koha
23:49 rangi ibeardslee: you left yet?

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary