IRC log for #koha, 2012-03-30

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:13 mtj obligatory friday doggy vs. kitty pics ->[…]gs/four-legs-good :)
00:17 libsysguy anybody know how to checkout a single file in git from a local branch?
00:30 melia left #koha
00:30 rangi wow
00:30 rangi i have no idea what that email is about
00:42 libsysguy is there something I have to do with git bz to be able to attach bugs?
00:42 libsysguy it keeps failing
00:42 rangi it has a short timeout
00:42 rangi you have to be speedy
00:43 libsysguy oh lol
00:43 libsysguy ok ill try and hit yes in under a second lol
00:43 rangi :)
00:43 rangi the rest of it works apply etc ?
00:43 libsysguy damn…I don't think i can hit it any faster
00:43 libsysguy yeah applies work
00:43 rangi hmm
00:43 libsysguy i get an html page returned
00:43 libsysguy and a status 200 message
00:44 rangi oh hmm
00:44 rangi wats the html page say?
00:44 libsysguy We were unable to store the file you uploaded because of incomplete information
00:44 libsysguy in the form you just submitted. Because we are unable to retain the file between
00:44 libsysguy form submissions, you must re-attach the file in addition to completing the
00:44 libsysguy remaining missing information above.
00:44 libsysguy but im not really sure whats above
00:45 libsysguy it looks like its all hidden fields
00:45 rangi ahh yeah that looks like some weird timeout thingy
00:45 libsysguy damn
00:45 rangi old fashioned way eh
00:46 rangi git-format-patch
00:46 libsysguy yeah I guess thats the way its going to be today
00:46 libsysguy libsysguy, the 23 year old, old fashioned guy
00:46 rangi heh
00:46 mtj for me, the timeout is around 3-5 secs
00:47 libsysguy fitting i guess since i still refuse to use guis on a server
00:47 libsysguy hmm
00:47 rangi[…]r-than-you-think/
00:48 mtj libsysguy, thats not old-fashioned... that just smart :)
00:49 libsysguy heh thanks mtj
00:49 mtj rangi++ :)
01:03 libsysguy rangi im almost embarrassed to ask this, but when I made those changes for hourly circ I did it in the branch that I did the instant checkin work.  I was able to generate a patch for the hourly circ to work but when I tried to add my work for instant checkin it says that there are no changes.  That work didn't go in the patch that i generated…do you know what I might have done wrong
01:04 rangi hmm you didnt git stash it or something?
01:04 mtj rangi: do you think the script dying with DEBUG=1 is a feature, or bug ? :)
01:04 libsysguy heh
01:04 rangi feature
01:04 libsysguy ugh yes…rangi++
01:04 rangi since we explcityly tell it to die mtj
01:05 mtj i wonder if i should log it as a bug, and submit a patch sing eval{} , to 'fix' it ?
01:05 libsysguy forgot I did that in the excitement of fixing hourly…damn it
01:05 rangi hell no
01:05 rangi its a handy feature for finding actual errors
01:05 mtj rangi:  ok :)
01:06 rangi the bug would be running debug mode in production :)
01:06 mtj yeah... you are right
01:08 mtj the fix would be for update code to check if foreign-keys, tables , column, sysprefs , etc... actually exist - before attempting to create them?
01:08 mtj ... and display a message either way
01:09 rangi yeah that would be the best fix
01:09 mtj those red warning! type errors during upgrade, still freak most people out
01:10 mtj and its still scary trying to guess what update warnings are harmless or fatal, etc (for the average person)
01:10 rangi *nod*
01:11 libsysguy @later tell oleonard are you working on rebasing bug 5079?
01:11 huginn libsysguy: The operation succeeded.
01:11 rangi checking first, before trying to add a column etc
01:11 rangi would be good
01:11 mtj yea, perhaps even some general update subs() to do those boring tasks
01:12 rangi *nod*
01:12 mtj would be a satisfiying little project :)
01:12 rangi using dbh->table_info
01:12 mtj check_table(), check_col(), check_syspref() etc...
01:12 rangi and column_info
01:13 rangi you could do it database independently
01:13 rangi[…]
01:13 rangi something like that
01:14 rangi[…]#foreign_key_info
01:14 rangi etc
01:14 rangi subs to wrap around those in the updater might be the way to go
01:15 mtj oui, très élégant
01:16 mtj ok, thanks for the advice :)
01:16 rangi no worries
02:15 Manderso1 left #koha
02:30 Oak joined #koha
02:30 Oak kia ora #koha
02:31 Oak hello my hearties
02:34 Oak later my hearies
02:34 Oak crap
03:32 ronald joined #koha
03:47 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
04:12 kmkale joined #koha
04:25 papa joined #koha
04:43 * kmkale rangi seems to be having "Happy ... Days" Good for him :)
04:58 stuartyeates joined #koha
04:58 Amit_Gupta heya kmkale
05:25 cait joined #koha
05:33 cait hi #koha
05:37 bag heya Amit_Gupta
05:37 bag yo cait
05:37 cait hi bag
06:05 mtj random perlcritic Q....
06:06 mtj does anyone know that this is all aboot?
06:06 mtj Subroutine prototypes used at line 314, column 1.  See page 194 of PBP.  (Severity: 5)
06:06 alex_a bonjour
06:06 mtj i guess a sub-prototype is like this...
06:06 mtj sub output_html_with_http_headers ($$$;$) {
06:07 mtj so, if thats bad m'kay.... whats the fix for it?
06:08 mtj changing the ($$$$;$) to () ,  stops perlcritic bitching (thats good)
06:08 mtj but it also give a compilation-error  :/
06:08 cait hm
06:08 cait I think perhaps it's in the book
06:08 cait but I don't have that :(
06:10 mtj yep, page 194 :p
06:10 mtj oooh, i got it ;)
06:11 mtj this is bad....
06:11 mtj sub output_html_with_http_headers ($$$;$) {
06:11 mtj this is good...
06:12 mtj sub output_html_with_http_headers {
06:12 mtj see, no prototypes used.. :)
06:12 cait this is beyond my programming skills still
06:13 cait I am still reading modern perl :)
06:21 mtj theres a bit of info about the net, on the topic
06:22 mtj[…]on-prototypes-bad
06:22 mtj
06:22 mtj
06:23 mtj ha, the last link is from grant.m at catalyst,nz ;)
06:23 mtj "I recently had cause to resurrect my sermon against inappropriate use of Perl prototypes at a Perl Mongers meeting. I thought it might be of interest to some here too."
06:26 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
06:28 mtj its nice to see grant also prefers this type of syntax...
06:28 mtj sub border_style {
06:29 mtj my($width, $style, $colour) = @_;
06:29 mtj to this type...
06:29 mtj sub border_style ($$$) {
06:30 cait :)
06:31 mtj this next one is my pet HATE....
06:31 mtj sub foo() {
06:32 mtj my $x = shift;
06:32 mtj my $y = shift;
06:32 mtj my $z = shift;
06:32 mtj rather than just...
06:32 mtj sub foo() {
06:33 mtj my ($x, $y, $z) = @_;
06:34 cait I am still very much at the beginning with perl
06:35 cait but the second looks better to me
06:36 mtj oops, that should really be...
06:36 mtj 'sub foo {
06:36 mtj with no ()
06:38 mtj "you don't want the '()' after the name of the sub - it should be 'sub foo {...'. With the '()' you are saying that foo accepts no arguments, which is not what you want in this case "
06:38 reiveune joined #koha
06:38 reiveune hello
06:38 cait hi reiveune
06:38 cait and bye all - bbiab
06:39 cait left #koha
06:40 mtj yep. i'm off too... ciao #koha
06:42 matts hi #koha
06:44 mbalmer joined #koha
06:45 sophie_m joined #koha
06:47 Brooke joined #koha
06:49 sophie_m joined #koha
06:50 magnuse kia ora #koha!
06:51 Brooke kiiiaaora ;)
06:51 magnuse yay!
06:53 mbalmer re
06:56 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
06:57 julian_m joined #koha
06:57 sophie_m hi #koha
06:57 Brooke hey sophie
06:57 magnuse hiya sophie_m
07:03 francharb joined #koha
07:03 alex_a papa !!
07:03 * Brooke hugs francharb
07:03 francharb francharb, hugs Brooke
07:03 francharb ;)
07:03 francharb hello #koha
07:03 Brooke drinking without me is a sin, you know :P
07:03 francharb ;)
07:04 Joubu hello
07:05 * Brooke pauses to consider how the last statement manages to stack up against the life decisions that result at looking at a record for Verus Sacerdos.
07:05 francharb it was more like testing drinks than _drinking drinking! ;)
07:05 Brooke oh okay
07:05 francharb it was fun the same way
07:05 Brooke as long as you were bugtesting then it's fine
07:05 francharb sure!
07:05 francharb ;)
07:06 asaurat joined #koha
07:09 kf joined #koha
07:09 kf back
07:12 hdl joined #koha
07:12 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:17 Guillaume joined #koha
07:19 gaetan_B hello!
07:19 kf god morgen magnuse :)
07:20 kf hi gaetan_B :)
07:21 hdl joined #koha
07:21 macphisto joined #koha
07:21 kf hi macphisto
07:22 macphisto hi everybody!
07:22 Brooke hey there
07:22 kf hi Brooke
07:31 Amit_Gupta_ joined #koha
08:11 slef @query guarantor
08:11 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5422 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Separate state field for patron's adresses
08:11 slef hi all ;)
08:11 kf hi slef
08:11 Brooke hi
08:11 wahanui hello, Brooke
08:11 slef kf: thanks for the email
08:11 slef @query Organization
08:11 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2699 enhancement, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Organization for Reports
08:11 huginn slef: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6698 trivial, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Patch doesn't apply , Detail page for organisations should show only valid fields
08:12 slef Does anyone else use||want organisations to guarantee other organisations?
08:12 juan_sieira joined #koha
08:12 Brooke did that get asked on list a while back?
08:12 slef it looks like it might be a UI-only change
08:12 juan_sieira good morning #koha
08:12 slef Brooke: oooh I've no memory, will search
08:12 * Brooke has a deja vu kind of feeling about that
08:12 slef hi juan_sieira
08:13 juan_sieira hi magnuse
08:13 Brooke it might also have been in the Patron Reports sidebar, or I can totally be imagining it...
08:13 magnuse hola juan_sieira
08:14 juan_sieira magnuse: i'm changing thouse files now, but I think I'll add a "update" on the bottom of those sql files
08:15 slef Brooke: I'm getting mainly hits on obnoxious footer disclaimers when I try to search the list for "Organization" and "guarantee"
08:15 juan_sieira magnuse: instead of changing all of the lines on all of them¡
08:15 magnuse juan_sieira:
08:15 magnuse that might be a good idea
08:15 slef Brooke: can you try self-hypnosis to extract any more possible search terms? ;-)
08:16 magnuse juan_sieira: i'm using the sql files exported from the Web UI, so the maxlength column gets included there, and you don't have to worry about the normarc files
08:16 magnuse i'll take the blame if anyone has a problem with that :-)
08:16 juan_sieira ok
08:16 juan_sieira thanks magnus
08:17 juan_sieira i'll change the other files, and the updatedatabase
08:18 juan_sieira magnuse: when I changed updatedatabase, in sysprefs there is only the option between marc21|unimarc, that is because I didn't include normarc into it
08:19 magnuse the options for marcflavour?
08:19 magnuse normarc should be there...
08:19 juan_sieira yes.. I think, but now I'll include it
08:21 kf slef: I think Brooke is thinking about staff users should be able to have childs
08:21 magnuse yay! :-)
08:22 Brooke no I'm thinking that what slef is talking about
08:22 kf ok :)
08:22 kf and now... thinking about it
08:22 kf you are right
08:23 kf multilevel organisational patrons
08:23 Brooke is having summat like the Boys and Girls club being able to vouch for the Vincent de Paul or vice versa
08:23 kf there was somethin
08:25 slef Found 0 matching posts for multilevel organisational patrons  in Koha
08:25 kf I think it was on the mailing list perhaps
08:25 Brooke meh
08:26 Brooke ask it again if all you're finding is vague memories anyway
08:26 Brooke plus
08:26 Brooke it was long enough ago that stuff prolly has changed
08:28 kf slef: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]tn-td4999474.html
08:29 kf hm that was only display
08:29 kf using othernames for the patron organisaton
08:29 magnuse bug 6697
08:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6697 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Empty Organisation(s) field for organisational patrons
08:29 kmkale joined #koha
08:30 * magnuse dunno
08:30 kmkale Namaste #koha
08:30 Brooke Namaskar
08:31 slef kf: thank you! biab!
08:31 slef magnuse: thanks too!
08:34 kmkale namaste magnuse slef Brooke
08:34 magnuse namaskar kmkale
08:34 hdl hi juan_sieira
08:34 juan_sieira hi hdl
08:34 hdl hi all
08:34 juan_sieira this morning I'll return to Zebra works¡
08:34 kf :)
08:35 juan_sieira but I have to tell you about something in facets, in a moment
08:35 juan_sieira I'm pushing a path now
08:35 kmkale Namaste kf hdl
08:35 Brooke oooh
08:35 Brooke I <3 facets
08:35 juan_sieira s/path/patch/
08:35 kf hi kmkale :)
08:35 hdl Namaste kmkale and Brooke
08:36 Brooke how goes the flying frenchman?
08:37 kmkale what does <3 mean?
08:37 magnuse it's a heart! :-)
08:38 juan_sieira it's a kiss??
08:38 magnuse rotate it 90 degrees anti-clockwise...
08:39 juan_sieira :)
08:39 Brooke magnuse is right :D
08:39 juan_sieira imagination has no frontiers
08:40 magnuse juan_sieira++
08:40 asaurat <3 looks like ice cream to me
08:41 magnuse yum!
08:42 kf yum!
08:42 Brooke
08:42 Brooke just sayin
08:43 juan_sieira hdl: is there paul?
08:43 hdl juan_sieira: paul has a headache. And should be there in a few hours.
08:43 paul_p joined #koha
08:44 Brooke juan, you've magical powers!
08:44 juan_sieira magnuse: I submit a new bug to correct what you said to me. The only file I didn't change is the normarc file. This is in your hands
08:44 juan_sieira Brooke: ..... I know...
08:45 magnuse juan_sieira: cool, thanks
08:46 kmkale ooh Brooke did you have icecreams when you were here?
08:47 Brooke I had some kulfi, but it was kinda so so
08:48 paul_p good morning world
08:48 Brooke my bad, cause I didn't get off the beaten track nearly as often as I ought to have
08:48 Brooke morning paul
08:49 Brooke I did have a mango vanilla pop at some point, but that was just prepackaged stuff.
08:49 * Brooke navigates cities by eateries.
08:49 kmkale nah I should have taken you ppl to some really nice icecream shops
08:50 kmkale I remember telling Jo about the best being right opposit your hotel
08:50 Brooke that would have required us to stop oogling fabric long enough for you to do so. XD
08:50 kmkale :_D
08:50 kmkale :-D
08:51 kmkale namaste paul_p
08:56 paul_p spring arrived in MArseille (24°C today)... ice cream time coming ;-)
08:56 kmkale :)
08:57 kf spring time here too - not that warm, but nice
08:57 kf @wunder Konstanz
08:57 huginn kf: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 10.4°C (10:54 AM CEST on March 30, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
08:57 kmkale @weather mumbai
08:57 huginn kmkale: The current temperature in Mumbai, India is 31.0°C (2:10 PM IST on March 30, 2012). Conditions: Smoke. Humidity: 75%. Dew Point: 26.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Steady).
08:58 kmkale it will go up to 40°C with humidity crossing 90 :(
09:01 asaurat1 joined #koha
09:03 juan_sieira does anybody got a laptop with a hybrid hd here?
09:05 hdl hybrid hd ? solid state and other ?
09:05 juan_sieira its a hd with a little ssd inside, 500gb normal + 16gb ssd
09:06 juan_sieira like the samsung np530u4b
09:06 hdl lucky you :D
09:07 juan_sieira hdl: I'm hunting for the perfect notebook
09:09 juan_sieira hdl: this samsung it's a good choice, so It has a hybrid disk, and I don't know if I could used with linux. I know about people that cannot change the operating system in it ...
09:11 * kmkale likes
09:14 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
09:22 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug 7821 follow-up: escaping {} in regexp <[…]2d5af3e3f3e19ea22> / Bug 7821 - {langcode} will be replaced with current interface language <[…]80e0ff1b438a8d9f6> / Bug 4032 follow-up: removing ` in syspref <[…]/?p=koha.git;a=co
09:22 magnuse feels like spring here to, but it's gonna snow tomorrow...
09:28 paul_p joined #koha
09:29 vfernandes joined #koha
09:29 vfernandes hi guys
09:31 vfernandes in the last weeks i've struggling with some encoding problems that only in some Koha pages: opac-MARCDetail, intranet MARCDetail, addbooks, additems and when using XSLT
09:31 vfernandes[…]iblionumber=92089
09:31 vfernandes this page is a example of what is happening
09:32 vfernandes the accent character are all mess up... but in the database are correct
09:32 vfernandes database is in UTF8, apache is also in UFT8 as the locale
09:32 kf vfernandes: hm, those are pulled from the database
09:33 kf I think they are broken in the database - I have seen that before when I was not careful with my sql for the bibliographic frameworks
09:33 kf vfernandes: try changing the description for one of those broken fields in administration > bibliographic marc frameworks
09:33 kf and see if that fixes it
09:33 jenkins_koha Starting build #690 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
09:34 vfernandes i will change the field 101
09:34 kf vfernandes: nice layout!
09:35 vfernandes kf: thanks :) but changing didn't solve
09:36 kf hmm
09:36 kf you changed both, opac and lib description?
09:36 kf for the field 101?
09:36 kf reentering it from your keyboard?
09:37 vfernandes yes, for the same description but reentered from the keyboard
09:37 kf using memcache?
09:37 vfernandes no
09:37 kf hm
09:37 vfernandes the problem seems to append in three tables: tags, branches and itemtypes
09:37 kf and it appears correctly when you open it in the editor in administration?
09:38 vfernandes *seems to appear
09:38 vfernandes yes in the editor works fine
09:38 kf sorry, I am a bit out of ideas
09:38 kf I have not seen that before
09:39 vfernandes thanks anyway kf
09:39 vfernandes i'm going now for a meeting
09:45 hdl1 joined #koha
09:53 Joubu joined #koha
09:54 hdl joined #koha
09:56 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
10:01 hdl joined #koha
10:06 kf joined #koha
10:16 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #690: UNSTABLE in 43 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/690/
10:16 jenkins_koha * mjr: Bug 7729 : svc/bib: support appending ?items=1 to the URL to fetch or modify items
10:16 jenkins_koha * stephane.delaune: Bug 4032 XSLT systempreference takes a path to file rather than YesNo
10:16 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 4032 follow-up: DBRev number
10:16 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 4032 follow-up: removing ` in syspref
10:16 jenkins_koha * dpavlin: Bug 7821 - {langcode} will be replaced with current interface language
10:16 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: bug 7821 follow-up: escaping {} in regexp
10:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7729 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mjr, Pushed to Master , svc API should allow modification of items
10:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4032 enhancement, P3, ---, stephane.delaune, Pushed to Master , XSLT systempreference should take a path to file rather than YesNo
10:16 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7821 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Master , XSLT systempreference multi-language support
10:26 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7387] Add Template::Toolkit plugin to allow caching of includes <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7387>
10:27 slef baa
10:28 * paul_p head to lunch
10:49 Oak joined #koha
10:49 Oak kia ora my hearties
10:58 mib_pwxs2g joined #koha
11:01 mib_pwxs2g hallo guys, just installed koha, and it was working well. on rebooting the computer then this error came up:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 692. what could be the problem? my koha is running on ubuntu 11.04
11:02 juan_sieira your mysql server is stopped
11:02 mib_pwxs2g how can i make it run?
11:02 juan_sieira just exec this command: /etc/init.d/mysql start
11:03 juan_sieira did you install mysql server??, if not do: sudo apt-get install mysql-server
11:04 mib_pwxs2g will that not affect the koha files?
11:04 juan_sieira no
11:05 mib_pwxs2g then does this mean that i will have to create another koha database?
11:05 slef hopefully not!
11:05 slef if it asks you to, pause and let people suggest other things to check!
11:07 juan_sieira did you start mysql server?
11:10 mib_pwxs2g well, it gave this as the result: rather than invoking init scripts through  /etc/init.d, use the service(8) utility, eg service mysql start.
11:11 juan_sieira ok, exec: service mysql start
11:11 juan_sieira with sudo, it you're not root
11:12 mib_pwxs2g it gives the following as the results: start: job is already running: mysql
11:13 mib_pwxs2g but it is still giving the initial error on the browser.
11:15 jwagner joined #koha
11:16 juan_sieira you can check the file koha-conf.xml, at the bottom, host user ... parameter of your mysql server
11:16 juan_sieira this file it's in your install folder / etc / koha-conf.xml
11:18 mib_pwxs2g ok let me check.
11:19 mib_pwxs2g what should i check on the koha-conf.xml
11:20 juan_sieira hostname and port
11:21 juan_sieira should be localhost and 3306
11:34 mib_pwxs2g i cant see these values. its just a bunch of zebra and other stuff
11:39 NateC joined #koha
11:40 slef juan_sieira is wrong
11:40 slef not 3306 anyway
11:40 slef let me open my koha-conf.xml
11:40 slef oh no, he's right
11:41 slef it just ignores 3306
11:41 slef it's right near the end
11:41 slef can you see it mib_pwxs2g ?
11:41 slef <config>
11:41 slef <db_scheme>mysql</db_scheme>
11:41 slef <database>...
11:41 slef try running: mysql -u USERNAME-GIVEN-IN-THERE -p DATABASE-GIVEN-IN-THERE
11:41 slef and see if you can log in
11:44 mib_pwxs2g am getting this error when i try to access my koha on the browser: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (13) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 692. how can i solve it?
11:44 mib_pwxs2g am getting this error when i try to access my koha on the browser: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (13) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 692. how can i solve it?
11:44 slef mib_pwxs2g: fine. Ignore me.
11:45 slef mib_pwxs2g: please don't repeat yourself.
11:45 mib_pwxs2g am getting this error on mysql installation.:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (13) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 692. how can isolve it??
11:45 mib_pwxs2g am getting this error on mysql installation.:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (13) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 692. how can isolve it??
11:45 mib_pwxs2g Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (13) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 692.
11:45 mib_pwxs2g hallo
11:46 mib_pwxs2g sorry, how can i solve it?
11:46 slef it means koha cannot login to mysql
11:47 slef see if you can login with: mysql -u USERNAME-GIVEN-IN-KOHA_CONF -p DATABASE-GIVEN-IN-THERE
11:47 slef using the details from koha-conf.xml
11:47 slef it is almost always a problem with how one set up mysql, rather than koha
11:48 mib_pwxs2g ok let me see if this will solve.
11:49 slef mib_pwxs2g: it will not solve, but it will give more information.
11:50 kf joined #koha
11:50 nengard joined #koha
11:50 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
11:52 mib_pwxs2g this happened after running chown -R mysql and some path command
11:53 slef mib_pwxs2g: were you told that here?
11:54 slef wahanui: logs?
11:54 wahanui logs is, like,
11:54 slef wizzyrea: I think you have an email for me. Sorry for not checking the settings enough!
11:55 slef @seen wizzyrea
11:55 huginn slef: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 15 hours, 51 minutes, and 52 seconds ago: <wizzyrea> hmm. MaxReserves?
11:57 slef mib_pwxs2g: sorry but I'm going to be away for an hour now. Maybe someone else can help you, if you can say what that chown command was.
11:58 kf slef: problems with navigation on
11:59 slef kf: what problems?
11:59 kf the navigation bar looks a bit wrong
11:59 slef which one?
11:59 wahanui well, which one is it
11:59 kf and the longer license text does not work for me - becaue I can't read all of it
11:59 kf the subnavigation for kohacon12
11:59 slef looking
12:00 slef kf: looks fine for me. Can you screenshot?
12:00 kf yep sec
12:00 paul_p joined #koha
12:02 tcohen joined #koha
12:02 slef is posted, please get submitting if it works for you!
12:02 slef kf: bbi60, will try to fix then, plus post some announcements
12:06 slef kf: wow, freaky on the top nav - do you get something similar in Support?
12:07 kf oh I do
12:07 kf weird
12:07 slef theme or browser bug :(
12:07 slef which browser?
12:07 kf firefox 9.0.1
12:07 kf I think it used to work
12:08 kf I have been using documentation and support before without noticing it
12:08 slef I'm in 3. I'll check in 8 later but I'm not in a place I can upgrade to 9.
12:08 slef Also we could look for a new release of GP2
12:08 kf I will tell wizzyrea later
12:08 slef the theme
12:08 kf ah ok
12:08 slef it's in Appearance: Themes in the wp-admin
12:08 slef if you beat me to it
12:09 slef also the form thingy, losing half a letter doesn't worry me. Should it?
12:09 slef I could just drop the "- or change this"
12:09 slef but I wanted to put in a helpful default
12:09 slef actually it should be GPLv2+ like Koha
12:09 slef let me fix that
12:11 slef fixed
12:11 slef biab
12:13 kf slef: I wondered if the text continued
12:13 kf so got a little confused
12:13 slef kf: I shortened it a little
12:13 kf if we could make it fit in the box would be a bit nicer
12:13 kf cool
12:14 slef kf: not sure if enough
12:14 kf I think you can also define more hints about the fields
12:14 kf on hover
12:14 slef kf: your text is big
12:14 slef ah is that what goes after the last |?
12:14 slef I'll do that if people start cocking it up
12:14 kf if you click on the edit symbol it opens a popup - but yes, I think so
12:14 kf my text is big?
12:16 francharb joined #koha
12:16 slef yeah, it's nowhere near the right-edge of the box for me... about 4em away
12:16 kf oh
12:16 slef Windows?
12:16 wahanui Windows is a poor fit for free software like Koha. Some of the thing's we use heavily are not easily available at the moment. No-one's funded Koha 3.x for Windows and I'm not sure who'd be willing to work on it. You are probably best off using a liveCD for testing, then commissioning a GNU/Linux server.
12:16 kf not sure, perhaps I increased the script size in the browser settings somewhere
12:16 slef wahanui: I LOVE YOU
12:16 wahanui slef: i'm not following you...
12:16 kf lol
12:16 slef wahanui: die!
12:16 wahanui errrrgh arrrrgh stop it that tickles a bit!
12:17 kf quite torturing poor wahanui
12:17 kf wahanui botsnack antidote
12:17 wahanui :)
12:28 libsysguy joined #koha
12:28 oleonard joined #koha
12:29 Oak can I increase the size of book cover images in details page...
12:31 kf you could use css I think...but they might get blurry
12:31 kf hi oleonard :)
12:31 oleonard Hi
12:31 wahanui what's up, oleonard
12:33 Oak hmm
12:33 oleonard libsysguy around?
12:33 libsysguy yeah
12:34 libsysguy whats up oleonard
12:34 oleonard I'm not working on bug 5079, why do you ask?
12:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5079 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Make display of shelving location and call number in XSLT results controlled by sysprefs
12:34 libsysguy it just said it was assigned to you and for some reason I thought that had changed from a few days ago
12:35 kf libsysguy: there is a history link on every bug (I just discovered that recently) that's cool for checking if someone changed something
12:35 oleonard Oh, I'm just the default assignee for OPAC bugs
12:35 libsysguy I was about to rebase my work on it last night but didn't want to start something you were working on
12:35 libsysguy and ahhh ok
12:35 libsysguy kf++ i didn't know this either
12:36 francharb joined #koha
12:36 oleonard Oh, and you're the one that assigned it to me libsysguy :P
12:36 libsysguy LOL
12:37 jcamins_away Hehe. Wishful thinking? :)
12:37 libsysguy oleonard do I need to take it back?
12:37 oleonard If you're working on it, yes
12:37 libsysguy well after I saw where nengard spotted it i got scared :p
12:38 nengard ??
12:38 nengard i'm not scary :)
12:39 libsysguy I've seen you in training action
12:39 libsysguy nengard is very scary :p
12:39 nengard LOL
12:40 nengard I'm only scary if you don't want to learn
12:40 nengard then I beat the knowledge in to you :)
12:41 libsysguy @quote add I'm only scary if you don't want to learn...then I beat the knowledge in to you
12:41 huginn libsysguy: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
12:42 libsysguy dang it I know im using that wrong
12:42 Oak getting this:
12:42 Oak Software error:
12:42 Oak Can't use string ("00800nam a22002537a 450000100050") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 1493.
12:42 Oak For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
12:43 Oak getting this when search for "Marketing" on OPAC, then on page 2, click on this book with link:[…]l?biblionumber=24
12:43 nengard libsysguy i never learned how to add quotes ...
12:43 nengard druthb knows how though
12:43 libsysguy @quote add nengard I'm only scary if you don't want to learn...then I beat the knowledge in to you
12:43 huginn libsysguy: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
12:44 nengard looks like you're not registered
12:44 libsysguy hmm
12:46 libsysguy its sad because that was a good one
12:46 libsysguy identify libsysguy
12:51 libsysguy info libsysguy
12:55 oleonard libsysguy: Not sure what you're trying to do, but IRC commands require a "/" before them
12:56 tcohen hi #koha
12:56 libsysguy jw how to register with nickserv
13:03 ago43 joined #koha
13:06 libsysguy @quote add nengard I'm only scary if you don't want to learn...then I beat the knowledge in to you
13:06 huginn libsysguy: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
13:06 libsysguy dang it…I am registered :'(
13:06 nengard LOL
13:06 libsysguy @quote add nengard I'm only scary if you don't want to learn...then I beat the knowledge in to you
13:06 huginn libsysguy: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
13:07 libsysguy crap
13:12 kf @later tell slef should we set an end date for paper submissions? so that we can start to put a program together?
13:12 huginn kf: The operation succeeded.
13:13 Oak joined #koha
13:16 Oak only this:[…]l?biblionumber=24 is giving that error. other entries, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28, ... etc are working okay. what can be the reason??
13:17 oleonard Oak: Should we be able to follow that link? It times out for me
13:17 Oak uh oh it local link... let me paste the error on pastebin
13:18 Oak here oleonard :
13:18 Oak
13:19 julian_m joined #koha
13:22 slef kf: I think we're close enough first come first served-if-passed-by-reviewers would work, don't you?
13:23 kf slef: I think it would make people submit their talks a bit faster
13:23 kf slef: having a deadline helps
13:23 kf we could always extend if there are not enough talks
13:24 slef kf: what would you say? 20 April?
13:24 slef but implore people to submit sooner
13:24 slef it's an easy form
13:24 slef we're not asking for full info
13:27 Oak any comment oleonard ?
13:30 hdl gmcharlt: slef have you ever used FID_SORT_BIN in SIP ?
13:31 slef hdl: I don't know that we have.
13:33 Oak oleonard, anybody, is this what I think is the cause of my error: Mar 30 18:22:50 aridkoha smartd[1716]: Device: /dev/sda [SAT], 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
13:33 oleonard Sorry Oak, the error doesn't mean anything to me
13:34 Oak what about this smartd line from syslog?
13:35 JesseM joined #koha
13:36 hdl it is all about the sorting engine
13:36 Oak great. thanks guys.
13:42 slef updated to ask for hotel info and link to sources of it
13:48 maximep joined #koha
13:49 wizzyrea Oak - that's probably bad sectors on your hard disk
13:59 nengard left #koha
14:04 wizzyrea1 joined #koha
14:04 * wizzyrea waves
14:06 * magnuse wanders off
14:08 kf slef: 20th sounds fine for me
14:08 kf slef: I think most people postpone things like that ( I do) so having a deadline hopefully will help :)
14:09 slef kf: could you add it? I'm currently trying to get invitation letters into the air mail before Last Post
14:10 kf I will do a little later
14:10 kf electricity will go out here in 50 min (some maintenance thing)
14:11 slef kf: ouch
14:12 oleonard Electric and phone went out for some people here yesterday because someone cut the cables to sell for scrap
14:12 slef oleonard: oh that keeps happening here
14:13 slef oleonard: near BR's place a couple of years ago, they tried to cut a live electic feed
14:13 slef electric
14:13 slef took them out for weeks
14:13 talljoy joined #koha
14:13 oleonard Crazy.
14:13 slef it's all due to what people will pay for scrap No Questions Asked
14:14 slef there's an inexplicable push to stop cash payments for scrap to stop it
14:14 slef but what really would help is having to show ID to be paid cash
14:16 jcamins Good morning, #koha.
14:16 slef and properly note what came from whom
14:16 thd-away` joined #koha
14:18 slef is gbenga on here?
14:19 slef wahanui: meetings?
14:19 wahanui i don't know, slef
14:19 slef wahanui: IRC meetings?
14:19 wahanui IRC meetings are how most things are decided, so definitely put it on the agenda for discussion
14:19 slef
14:21 slef wahanui: logs
14:21 wahanui logs is, like,
14:28 thd-away joined #koha
14:36 thd-away` joined #koha
14:40 thd-away joined #koha
14:42 slef adding deadline before kf does :)
14:43 kf heh ok
14:43 kf bbl
14:43 kf left #koha
14:44 thd-away` joined #koha
14:48 slef wizzyrea: the Events category checkbox is greyed out!
14:49 thd-away joined #koha
14:49 wizzyrea did you add an event?
14:49 wizzyrea scroll down until you see the +
14:49 wizzyrea then add your dates
14:49 slef wizzyrea: no.
14:49 wizzyrea it should auto add the event category
14:49 slef wizzyrea: I'll do that. But maybe this is why there are few things in the events category?
14:50 wizzyrea possibly
14:51 slef wow that's a bad UI
14:51 slef needs much better motor control than I have to select particular times
14:52 wizzyrea you can type them in
14:52 slef click and drag to pick a number
14:52 slef oh that wasn't obvious :(
14:52 slef usually when I try that it either ignores me or just opens a widget anyway
14:52 slef so I give up and just use it now :(
14:53 slef wizzyrea: thanks for the help
14:53 wizzyrea sure :)
14:53 slef now I must do more Real Work TM while I wait for the invitation letters to arrive
14:54 slef I have no printer any more. Have to send them out.
14:55 wizzyrea d'oh!
14:55 jcamins slef: yeah, we don't have a printer, either.
14:55 * wizzyrea has a printer, it's not currently hooked up though
14:55 jcamins It committed suicide by explosion two days before we were due to move.
14:55 slef wizzyrea: well, technically, mine's the same.
14:55 wizzyrea that would like, require furniture.
14:55 slef wizzyrea: except mine is on the other side of England to me.
14:55 wizzyrea yikes!
14:56 slef wizzyrea: the fun of relocation
14:56 jcamins So in other words, everyone in this conversation other than me actually has a printer. :P
14:56 wizzyrea you're telling me :)
14:56 * wizzyrea just moved too
14:56 * jcamins too
14:56 * slef not yet
15:07 Joubu goodbye!
15:09 oleonard Thanks for the photos paul_p !
15:15 oleonard For those who haven't tested Bug 7781, see attachment 8720
15:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7781 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Signed Off , Enhancements to the main page (first step)
15:15 huginn Attachment[…]=8720&action=edit image/png, Screenshot showing updated interface, Bug-7781-staff-client-home-page.png
15:15 oleonard Thanks for the revised patch asaurat1
15:15 jcamins matts_away: around?
15:16 wizzyrea bbiab peeps
15:17 asaurat1 oleonard: you're welcome :)
15:22 asaurat left #koha
15:23 alex_a left #koha
15:47 oleonard Uh oh, what's going on here: "Bareword "C4::Templates::_current_language" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /home/oleonard/kohaclone/C4/ line 175."
15:48 clrh bye
15:48 oleonard Bye clrh
15:53 reiveune bye
15:53 reiveune left #koha
15:54 wizzyrea oleonard: denesting?
15:54 wizzyrea where did you see that
15:54 oleonard /cgi-bin/koha/virtualshelves/
15:56 oleonard git bisect blames Bug 7821 and commit f91bd36399b1ab46649482f80e0ff1b438a8d9f6
15:56 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7821 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Master , XSLT systempreference multi-language support
15:59 wizzyrea oleonard: I think I see why
16:04 wizzyrea hm, I think best to just report this on that bug
16:05 wizzyrea or make a new one
16:05 * oleonard added a comment on the bug
16:06 oleonard Man, accidentally trashing my testing VM has really ruined my week
16:06 wizzyrea :(
16:09 nengard joined #koha
16:09 melia joined #koha
16:10 jcamins oleonard: but think of all the bugs you found that you wouldn't have otherwise?
16:10 jcamins *!
16:10 Guillaume left #koha
16:12 * oleonard grumbles
16:29 * jcamins recalls the need for
16:29 wizzyrea :/ etherpad didn't work so well
16:29 jcamins And clrh just left for the day so I won't get access to the Google Doc paul_p mentioned until Monday. :(
16:29 jcamins wizzyrea: oh, well, we need *something*.
16:29 jcamins paul_p: oh, are you still there?
16:30 paul_p jcamins i'm here ;-)
16:30 wizzyrea yea
16:30 jcamins Could you give me access to the Google Doc? Pretty please with sugar on top? :)
16:30 paul_p isn't this doc freely ? /me check
16:30 * jcamins couldn't access it.
16:32 paul_p jcamins yikes... I made (small) mistake = everyone can READ it, but now, I can't edit it anymore
16:32 * slef looks at chanserv
16:32 paul_p jcamins => try again, should work
16:32 jcamins Yay!
16:32 jcamins paul_p++
16:33 jcamins paul_p: I object to Data::SearchEngine::Zebra not using Data::SearchEngine::Results.
16:33 jcamins I already told Juan. ;)
16:33 jcamins He agreed with my objection.
16:34 jcamins If Data::SearchEngine::Zebra extends Data::SearchEngine::Results, Koha can happily handle Data::SearchEngine::* the exact same way.
16:34 jcamins This is a good thing. :)
16:37 gmcharlt paul_p: following up from yesterday, I think you had questions about 7818?
16:37 paul_p gmcharlt i just sent a long mail to koha-devel, that includes 7818
16:37 jcamins gmcharlt: on that subject, did I report to you the issue with XML indexing?
16:38 paul_p gmcharlt see "Solr / zebra / search in Koha 3.10 => starting a workgroup"
16:38 gaetan_B bye !
16:39 gmcharlt paul_p: ok ,cool
16:40 paul_p almost 7PM here. Time to leave ! bye #koha, see you on monday !
16:45 oleonard Bon weekend paul_p
16:47 SJeffery joined #koha
16:48 luisb joined #koha
16:49 SJeffery Why would foreign language characters not display properly (boxes) in the catalog (both the front and back ends), yet those same characters display perfectly in worldcat (IE8)?
16:49 jcamins SJeffery: incorrect encoding on import.
16:49 jcamins Did you pull them in using Z39.50, or the batch import tool?
16:49 SJeffery Z39. OCLC is set to MARC21/USMARC and UTF-8
16:50 wizzyrea the 4th question?
16:50 jcamins My guess is that they're not *really* providing you with UTF-8.
16:50 jcamins Wait.
16:50 wizzyrea the fourth question
16:50 wahanui well, the fourth question is "Are we there yet?"
16:50 wizzyrea ha
16:50 wizzyrea no.
16:50 jcamins Hold on.
16:50 wizzyrea what version are you on?
16:50 jcamins If you change the encoding on the catalog, does it display properly?
16:50 jcamins I mean, change the encoding on the web browser when looking at the catalog.
16:50 wizzyrea also, is it correct in the database?
16:51 SJeffery
16:51 jcamins o.O
16:51 jcamins I could've sworn you were on 3.6.
16:51 wizzyrea if you select * from biblio where biblionumber = a messed up record's biblionumber
16:51 SJeffery What the...hold on
16:51 SJeffery I should be on 3.6
16:52 wizzyrea there was a bug fixed recently for encoding problems in the OPAC when xslt was off and the catalog was indexed with -x
16:52 jcamins Also, IE is a bear.
16:53 wizzyrea data was ok in the db, but displayed improperly.
16:53 wizzyrea you know it will never display right if the data is wrong in the DB though.
16:53 wizzyrea which is why I always check that.
16:53 jcamins wizzyrea: right, but SJeffery doesn't have database access easily.
16:53 wizzyrea sure he does
16:53 jcamins At least, that's my recollection.
16:53 wizzyrea custom reports
16:53 francharb \0/
16:53 jcamins ... you know, I never thought of that.
16:54 jcamins Brilliant!
16:54 jcamins wizzyrea++
16:54 wizzyrea at least for looking, it works just fine :)
16:54 francharb i'm trying to figure out how the accountlines table works
16:54 francharb but i'm not sure of what I understood so far
16:55 wizzyrea the first question
16:55 wahanui the first question is "What are you trying to do?"
16:55 jcamins SJeffery: follow wizzyrea's suggestion.
16:55 SJeffery ok, just tried changing the encoding in the browser, that does not fix it
16:56 oleonard francharb: Can you be more specific?
16:56 francharb what's the difference between accountlines.amount and accountlines.amoutoutstanding? Is amountoutstanding the amount left to pay?
16:56 francharb 0/
16:56 francharb oleonard,
16:56 wahanui somebody said oleonard, was there a reason that all if the content in the opac isn't surrounded by the yui-main div?
16:56 francharb how are you doing?
16:57 jcamins lol
16:57 * wizzyrea hates to do this
16:57 wizzyrea forget oleonard
16:57 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot oleonard
16:57 jcamins francharb: you are correct in your understanding.
16:57 wizzyrea as if we could ever forget him
16:57 jcamins wizzyrea: it was oleonard*,*
16:57 jcamins oleonard,
16:57 wahanui i heard oleonard, was there a reason that all if the content in the opac isn't surrounded by the yui-main div?
16:57 wizzyrea forget oleonard,
16:57 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot oleonard,
16:57 * oleonard vanishes
16:58 wizzyrea nooooooooooooooo
16:58 jcamins oleonard is still here, if you just wish hard enough.
16:58 jcamins oleonard?
16:58 oleonard ..and just when I was figuring everything out too
16:58 wahanui oleonard is still here, if you just wish hard enough.
16:58 wizzyrea oleonard is Koha's master UI designer
16:58 francharb ok jcamins
16:58 wahanui well, jcamins is an outstanding cook. or well-traveled and brilliant. or trying to think of a solution or awesome fixing broken email notifications or the wizard that forges queries in the deep fires of zebra or against all things wine.
16:58 wizzyrea oleonard is also Koha's master UI designer
16:58 wahanui okay, wizzyrea.
16:58 wizzyrea oleonard?
16:58 wahanui oleonard is, like, still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
16:58 wizzyrea there we go.
16:59 francharb actually, it's related to this script :
16:59 francharb[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6858
16:59 huginn Bug 6858: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Pushed to Master , Adds for static fines processing
16:59 francharb i've got a situation where MaxFin is set up at 10
17:00 francharb my patron has a 20 euros fines on his account
17:00 francharb so there are accountlines.amount = 20 and accountlines.amountoutstanding=20
17:01 jcamins SJeffery: my bet is that OCLC is actually providing you with MARC-8 encoded data.
17:01 francharb if I use the staticfines script which should give a 10 euro fine
17:01 jcamins wizzyrea's query will tell you that, though.
17:01 francharb since maxFine is set up at 10
17:01 francharb and my patron already has 20 euros fin
17:01 francharb accountlines.amountoutstanding is not updated, it's still accountlines.amountoutstanding=20
17:02 francharb to me it's ok
17:02 francharb but accountlines.amount is uptdated
17:02 francharb and i get accountlines.amount=10
17:02 francharb and i don"t understand why
17:03 francharb i guess it 's a bug
17:03 jcamins francharb: I think it adjusts the fine to be equal to the maximum fine allowed, which happens to be less than the current fine.
17:03 jcamins francharb: I'm not sure what it should do in that situation!
17:04 francharb don't you think,  accountlines.amount and  accountlines.amountoutstanding should have the some behaviour?
17:04 jcamins francharb: yes, I would think so.
17:04 jcamins But I'm not sure if they should stay at 20 or go down to 10.
17:04 francharb because at the end, my patron has a 10 euros fine and 20 euro to pay...
17:05 jcamins Certainly the fact that the numbers are different is a bug.
17:05 francharb if the maxfine is set up at 10, but my patron, for any reason has a 20$ fine (lost item...)
17:05 francharb it should stay at 20
17:05 francharb i think
17:05 jcamins That makes sense to me.
17:06 francharb i agree, amount and amountoutstanding should be the same in this case
17:07 francharb i didn"t test the script on the master branch but on a specific branch for one of our client! i will retest it on the master branch!
17:07 francharb thanks jcamins!
17:34 jcamins @quote search attr
17:34 huginn jcamins: No matching quotes were found.
17:36 francharb see ya all
17:36 francharb have a good week end
17:38 jcamins Fun fact... it would appear I was involved in a large percentage of the conversations involving "attr" in the Zebra sense.
17:39 jcamins Not all of them, but a surprising number.
17:49 rangi slef: about?
17:56 francharb_afk joined #koha
18:04 rangi 47 failures!!
18:04 jcamins On jenkins?
18:04 rangi yep
18:05 jcamins How did that happen?
18:05 jcamins It just went stable.
18:05 jcamins jenkins?
18:05 wahanui it has been said that jenkins is far easier to move
18:05 jcamins Jenkins site?
18:05 rangi Bareword "C4::Templates::_current_language" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Koha_master/workspace/C4/ line 175.
18:05 jcamins Ah. Yeah, that was just patched.
18:06 rangi yeah but the tests cant have been run before being pushed
18:06 rangi or they would all have failed
18:06 rangi all 47 of them
18:06 jcamins Right.
18:06 rangi sheesh
18:07 jcamins I'm confused why the use C4::Items (etc.) test fails.
18:07 jcamins What possible reason could there be for including C4::XSLT in C4::Items?
18:07 rangi 7821
18:07 jcamins bug 7821
18:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7821 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Passed QA , XSLT systempreference multi-language support
18:07 jcamins Ah, yeah, that's the patch.
18:08 rangi thats what broke it
18:08 wizzyrea oy
18:08 jcamins There's a fix attached now.
18:08 cait joined #koha
18:08 rangi yep, but why have unit tests if we dont use them?
18:09 cait hi #koha
18:09 jcamins cait! I had a question for you.
18:09 jcamins I've forgotten what it was.
18:09 jcamins Oh!
18:09 jcamins 773s.
18:09 jcamins What fields would you like displayed on search results?
18:09 jcamins *subfields
18:09 * wizzyrea runs them before signoff with a git alias :P
18:10 * jcamins too.
18:10 wizzyrea i suspect we may be the exceptions to the rule :/
18:11 * rangi has a git hook on commit
18:11 rangi so when i do git commit --amend
18:11 jcamins If I'm voted in as RMaint, I'll add a git hook on push.
18:11 wizzyrea it runs em
18:11 cait jcamins: hm, def the title and the pages
18:11 rangi to sign off, it runs all the tests .. wont let me sign off if they fail
18:11 rangi sure it takes some time, but have a coffee
18:11 jcamins cait: so far I've decided $a, $t, and $g are necessary.
18:11 rangi stretch
18:11 rangi something
18:11 rangi :)
18:11 jcamins Eat a sandwich.
18:11 cait jcamins: that makes sense to me :)
18:12 jcamins libsysguy's test plans all involve sandwich-eating.
18:12 jcamins I think he only programs when hungry.
18:12 wizzyrea lol
18:12 libsysguy heh
18:12 wizzyrea @quote add jcamins: libsysguy's test plans all involve sandwich-eating. I think he only programs when hungry.
18:12 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #195 added.
18:13 libsysguy or maybe I just REALLY like sandwiches
18:13 jcamins Jonathan Sprout sang a song about that.
18:13 wizzyrea liking sandwiches is cool too :P
18:14 jcamins I think it was Jonathan Sprout. Maybe it was Peter Alsop.
18:14 jcamins Peter Alsop.
18:17 libsysguy wait…who is looking at my patches :p
18:17 * libsysguy gets scared
18:17 wizzyrea we like to watch.
18:17 wizzyrea libsysguy?
18:17 wahanui well, libsysguy is Koha's hottest developer or partying with swedes on his deck
18:17 * wizzyrea nods.
18:17 libsysguy hehe
18:29 slef rangi: no :)
18:30 rangi slef: i think i submitted my paper twice
18:30 rangi :)
18:30 rangi but if you confirm you got at least one of them
18:30 rangi ill start emailing lists
18:33 slef rangi: I got two
18:33 slef rangi: I was doubting my mailserver!
18:33 * wizzyrea is glad slef is receiving papers :)
18:33 slef rangi: small error in the form I'll just go fix
18:33 cait yay it works :)
18:34 wizzyrea ^.^
18:34 rangi cool, ping me when you are happy with the form, and ill do the koha list(s) and then code4lib
18:34 slef done
18:34 rangi cool
18:35 cait rangi++
18:35 slef *** Ping time to rangi is 00:00.02
18:35 rangi heh
18:41 cait slef++
18:42 rangi email sent
18:42 rangi if it reads ok, ill do the same to code4lib
18:45 * jcamins would submit a talk on analytics, but he won't be able to make it to Edinburgh. :(
18:45 jcamins I could write one then make cait read it, if she's not planning on talking about analytics.
18:47 cait :(
18:47 jcamins It'd be almost like having me there. :)
18:47 * cait wnats you
18:47 cait not words she can't pronounce right
18:47 jcamins And I'd prepare a slide deck with pictures of Myshkin.
18:49 bag bug 7818
18:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7818 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , support DOM mode for Zebra indexing of bibliographic records
18:51 cait jcamins: myshkin... tempting
18:51 cait jcamins: I was thinking to talk about translations maybe
18:51 jcamins Good, so you can give my talk on analytics without it overlapping. :)
18:52 cait lol
18:52 jcamins 'S good. :)
18:53 jcamins slef: would you like me to submit a talk-by-proxy proposal? I know there's interest in analytics from a fair number of people.
18:55 rangi ok, that email read ok? should i hit some other mailing lists with it?
18:56 jcamins And if cait isn't doing one on analytics, I don't think there are many others who would.
18:56 jcamins Looked good to me.
18:56 rangi cool
18:59 cait jcamins: wouldn't it make more sense to ask a native speaker?
18:59 slef jcamins: yes, but we may pause it until we get the internet access sorted, unless you mean someone presenting your slides?
18:59 jcamins cait: okay.
18:59 jcamins slef: I meant someone presenting my slides.
18:59 slef rangi: a grue got me
18:59 cait slef: internet!
18:59 cait we could make him appear by webcam
19:00 jcamins slef: cait doesn't want to do it, so I'll shanghai someone else to do it.
19:00 cait or skype
19:00 cait and I can click to make the slides change :P
19:00 rangi ok code4lib done too
19:00 cait I am still trying to get used to the idea to submit my own... talking about something complicated like analytics is scary
19:01 slef cait: if we can navigate the nasty university internet access policies or persuade the co-operative mobile & broadband to sponsor us ;)
19:01 cait oh
19:01 jcamins slef: given that remote presentations never work, it seems much safer to just send a script to someone.
19:01 cait slef: so not sorted out if we will have internet/wifi?
19:02 slef jcamins: you could heckle by phone?
19:02 slef cait: not 100% :(
19:02 jcamins slef: lol
19:02 slef cait: or at least, not as far as I know.
19:02 cait ouch :(
19:02 slef cait: email the volunteers list and ask mle, he's handlng the venue and it'd make a nice change from me hassling him ;)
19:02 jcamins slef: I guess if there were a landline I could use Skype or the like to dial in.
19:03 slef or let's hassle mle here by all saying his nick until he notices it :)
19:03 cait mle mle mle
19:03 jcamins However, my suggestion was that some intrepid soul -- like mle! -- should read the presentation for me, and I could answer questions via IRC, since someone will no doubt have a data plan. ;)
19:03 slef jcamins: we'll have mobiles and mine has a headphone jack so...
19:04 jcamins Heh. I think mle should read my talk. :)
19:05 jcamins Did I do a good job with highlighting mle?
19:13 bag[…]ackpot/53872762/1
19:13 bag that's a bit mental
19:31 chris_n bad math that^^
19:32 bag I like the little chart on the top - 12,800 for the average household to earn that money ;)
19:32 * chris_n will be on the look out for falling TVs
19:32 bag whoops insert years into that statement
19:33 jcamins How did they come up with the probability of getting killed by a falling TV?
19:34 bag it must happen a lot ;)
19:34 chris_n there's probably a stat for it somewhere
19:34 chris_n like the odds of being hit by space junk
19:34 bag darwin rules (of whatever that is)
19:34 bag oh wait darwin awards
19:35 jcamins chris_n: but what population do they sample to figure that out?
19:35 chris_n heh... probably a greater chance of suddenly evolving wings than of winning...
19:35 chris_n jcamins: maybe heavy population centers like big cities with high-rise apartments?
19:36 jcamins chris_n: there are 309 million people in the US. If 9 out of 176 million people are killed by falling TVs every year, that'd be sixteen people a year in the US.
19:38 jcamins If the entire world, with a population of 6.79 million, that would mean that a whopping 347 people died from a TV falling on them last year.
19:38 wizzyrea falling out of a balcony, or plasma tv's falling off of walls
19:38 wizzyrea billion*
19:38 chris_n right, so your odds of winning the lotto are much less
19:38 jcamins Billion, yes.
19:38 * wizzyrea could buy people getting killed by tv's falling off of walls
19:38 chris_n and probably equally ridiculous :)
19:38 wizzyrea especially with some of the monstrous tv's available nowadays
19:39 jcamins But my point is, it makes a huge difference whether the statistic is just based on Americans, or based on the entire world.
19:39 jcamins It could be that 300 people had TVs dropped on them in New Zealand, in which case an American is unlikely to be killed by a TV unless s/he visits NZ.
19:40 * jcamins sits back in his rocking chair and shouts at the youngsters to get off his lawn.
19:40 chris_n without bothering with the math I'd say the odds of winning are less regardless of the population base you use for falling TVs
19:40 chris_n lol
19:40 jcamins chris_n: oh, I agree.
19:40 jcamins I just think it's an idiotic statistic to use.
19:40 chris_n well, that's the whole point I'd guess
19:41 * chris_n likes playing the soda machine... the odds are better ;-)
19:43 jcamins And you get a five cent deposit back, too.
19:43 * wizzyrea imagines chris_n putting his quarters in... pushing the button... waiting impatiently to see if his prize will come out... and squeeing maniacally when his soda comes out.
19:43 aarkerio joined #koha
19:43 * wizzyrea is going to treat soda machines like slot machines from now on.
19:43 jcamins Oh, it's Friday. :)
19:44 chris_n lol
19:44 wizzyrea that is, if I drank soda.
19:44 chris_n coffee then?
19:44 * jcamins wants tea.
19:44 wizzyrea hmm, tempting. we do have a keurig here, it's kind of the same thing.
19:44 aarkerio yea!!
19:44 wizzyrea push the button... will coffee come out? It does! Yay!
19:44 jcamins I started reading the New Book of Tea on the subway on the way in this morning.
19:45 wizzyrea hehe
19:45 jcamins There aren't any tea machines.
19:45 wizzyrea (to both)
19:45 wizzyrea no. one has to go slow with tea.
19:45 wizzyrea slowly*
19:46 jcamins Maybe I should invent a tea machine. Choose which tea ceremony you prefer (Japanese, Persian, English, Turkish, etc.), and the device performs it perfectly every time. :)
19:47 aarkerio hi! there is a report where can I see the items currently borrowed?
19:47 jcamins sql reports library?
19:47 wahanui i guess sql reports library is at[…]L_Reports_Library
19:47 jcamins ^^ probably there's one there.
19:49 wizzyrea jcamins: we call those "robots"
19:49 aarkerio thanks!
19:50 chris_n quite an interesting talk on lotto theory:[…]tery-tickets.html
19:52 oleonard If Makefile.PL reports missing prerequisites, they should be added to ubuntu.packages, right?
19:52 chris_n right
19:52 * chris_n looks into getting a keurig now that wizzyrea has mentioned it
19:53 * jcamins is pondering electric samovars.
19:53 chris_n we recently got a device for making smores in the u-wave
19:53 * oleonard thinks us devs could do better at updating those requirements
19:53 rangi oleonard: and debian/control
19:53 wizzyrea u-wave. have I mentioned how awesome you people are.
19:54 jcamins chris_n: a plate?
19:54 rangi for the packages
19:54 wizzyrea keurig machines are cool, except that they are terribly wasteful. And not very cost effective.
19:54 chris_n jcamins: no, not that simple :)
19:54 * wizzyrea just makes smores with mochi and nutella and calls it good.
19:55 chris_n jcamins: something similar to this:[…]res/dp/B001447LEE
19:55 jcamins Hehe.
19:55 chris_n but nothing beats a flame-kist marshmallow...
19:58 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:00 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:02 cait left #koha
20:06 bag I guess they are saying if no one wins tonight - then the jackpot will be a billion
20:09 jcamins bag: a shame that you'd have to spend $103million for the odds to even out.
20:10 jcamins (only bet when the jackpot is above $176mil, and buy one $1 ticket every time that happens until you've spent $103mil)
20:10 bag wanna loan me 103 million?
20:10 jcamins bag: sorry, not today.
20:11 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:11 jcamins Also, it'd be a really long wait.
20:11 * jcamins considers. Perhaps you don't just bet $1 each round. Perhaps you bet according to how high above $176mil the jackpot is.
20:12 jcamins I bet there are people who actually understand this stuff.
20:12 bag it's more fun to waste 4 quaters and dream ;)
20:13 oleonard Okay, weekend time for me
20:13 oleonard Bye #koha
20:13 wizzyrea bye oleonard
20:13 jcamins Bye.
20:13 jcamins He's definitely slowing down.
20:13 jcamins Two people said goodbye.
20:19 wizzyrea hehe
20:24 * jcamins decides to call it a day as well.
20:24 jcamins Bye.
20:47 nengard left #koha
20:49 wizzyrea joined #koha
21:33 maximep left #koha
21:52 JesseM left #koha
23:42 stuartyeates joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary